Genetic counseling: Offered
1725 Medical Center Parkway
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
345 23rd Ave. N
Nashville, TN 37203
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Nashville Fertility Center to a friend?

Dr. Weitzman is a very straight forward doctor. He's a no BS person, which if you have thick skin, you'll be just fine. If you're looking for compassion, he's not your guy. He doesn't beat around the bush when it comes to changes you or your spouse need to make (losing weight, etc). With his candid nature, he gives you straight forward answers of the likelihood of success with different treatment options. He will not put you through a treatment option he doesn't feel will work.
Every time we've had testing done at the clinic [Nashville Fertility Center], we've had to wait days to get ahold of someone or to have someone call us back with results. When we're at the clinic for the tests, we've been told same day or next day we'll have results. We've always had to call ourselves to get them. The last time, we were very mislead with the positive outlook of our results - which ended up being high FSH levels in my husband resulting in the only treatment option being sperm freezing and IVF.
How was your experience with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
Be patient and have thick skin.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
With every visit, my husband and I have spent no less than 1.5 hours at the office. Our initial consult, we were there for 4 hours (on Christmas Eve!). You definitely need to be prepared to block off half your day to go see him.
Describe the protocols Glenn Weitzman used in your cycles at Nashville Fertility Center and their degree of success.
When my husband and I went for our initial consult, I was told to try a 2nd round of clomid (my gyno had me on it the previous month). We had only tested my husband's sperm once (through his GP) and he had been put on an antibiotic to clear up what he thought was an infection. Dr. Weitzman requested my husband be off his antibiotics for 3-4 weeks and to be retested. Once we did that, we were told to come back for another consult. Based on my husband's 2 sperm counts, we were told we could see a urologist (if we wanted) or he would highly recommend going straight to sperm freezing and IVF do to a high FSH level in my husband.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Andrea Sporck)
I have not personally dealt with Andrea just yet. However, I have had major issues getting test results back on time. Every test we've done through the center, we've been told we would know results same day or next day. My husband or I would have to call, and every time we would have to wait days to get those results. After we received the last sperm analysis results, one of the staff members made it seem very promising that we could easily treat my husband's high FSH level. However, once we were told we had a game plan, we were told our only option was sperm freezing and IVF. It was a huge shock to get that news after how the test results were presented on the phone.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Check in and appointment scheduling is seamless and painless. That's about the best I have to say about the clinic's strengths. The wait time for every appointment is excruciatingly long. Once you're finally taken to a room, you sit and wait even longer on a nurse or doctor to come in. If you've got time to waste, I would recommend them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center.
So far, we've only paid co-pays and sperm analysis test fees. The sperm analysis was approx $20 more than it was through my husband's GP.
Describe Glenn Weitzman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Nashville Fertility Center.
My person preference would be multiple embryo transfer. Dr. Weitzman doesn't do multiple embryo transfer. This is a concern of mine, and my husband and I are weighing our options for what the next step is (moving forward with Dr. Weitzman or finding another doctor).
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
Every time we've had testing done at the clinic, we've had to wait days to get ahold of someone or to have someone call us back with results. When we're at the clinic for the tests, we've been told same day or next day we'll have results. We've always had to call ourselves to get them. The last time, we were very mislead with the positive outlook of our results - which ended up being high FSH levels in my husband resulting in the only treatment option being sperm freezing and IVF.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr. he’ll [Hill] used a lot of test to come up with a plan for me and we were supposed to start IVF however I wanted to wait and try a natural route. Since we went that way we ended up on Metformin And I ended up with a list of vitamins that I needed to take to help my body be as fertile as possible ... He was always so patient in our meetings ... I would recommend him because he truly values his patients and wants to help everyone achieve the overall goal of beating in fertility.
Some of the strengths of this clinic [Nashville Fertility Center] is they work with you with your schedule and trying to get you in in a timely manner they also are very punctual and patient. One of the downfalls is sometimes it takes a little bit for them to get back to you when you do have certain questions that you have called over the phone or if you leave a message for them to email you something sometimes they don’t get all the information emailed to you so you have to call again to get things done.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
George he’ll take his time to go over your game plan. If there is a lot of information he also takes the time to go into individual details about what things you need to do in each step of the process. As a patient of always hated male gynecologist even specialist but he has made me feel so at ease as a patient that it does not bother me that he is a male.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
If you have a lot of issues and you want answers and someone to believe you that something is going on I would highly suggest George Hill because I told him all of my issues and the very first meeting he literally put me through every test to find out what was going on. I would recommend him because he truly values his patients and wants to help everyone achieve the overall goal of beating in fertility.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
He was always so patient in our meetings even when I came with literally 46 questions after our very first meeting. He also was patient as I cried when I found out I had endometriosis.
Describe the protocols George Hill used in your cycles at Nashville Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Dr. he’ll used a lot of test to come up with a plan for me and we were supposed to start IVF however I wanted to wait and try a natural route. Since we went that way we ended up on Metformin And I ended up with a list of vitamins that I needed to take to help my body be as fertile as possible and that was the only medicines I really wanted to get into and I never really got to start the full IVF process because I decided that the money was too much. Now in my current new plan I will be starting medications to do the Iui Process but I have not got that information as of yet
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Michelle )
She has been nothing but helpful in getting information to me in a timely manner as well as she is patient and understanding as well
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Some of the strengths of this clinic is they work with you with your schedule and trying to get you in in a timely manner they also are very punctual and patient. One of the downfalls is sometimes it takes a little bit for them to get back to you when you do have certain questions that you have called over the phone or if you leave a message for them to email you something sometimes they don’t get all the information emailed to you so you have to call again to get things done. But overall the staff and clinic is very awesome
Describe the costs associated with your care under George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center.
Currently I am around $4000.00 for everything that has been done. Surgery, doctor visits, medications.
Describe George Hill's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Nashville Fertility Center.
Dr. Hill said from the very beginning that he only transfers one embryo because a lot of study show that transferring multiple embryos Does not hold real value of it working any better than one embryo. So he he truly is a firm believer in one embryo but he did say that he may would do two under certain circumstances but in my case it was definitely be just one so that something you will have to talk with him about if you know that you want more than one embryo transferred then you might would want to look for another doctor
Murfreesboro

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center.

Dr. Whitworth is a very busy doctor but she still takes time to explain everything clearly. She has a good bedside manor, but is not an emotional doctor. She is straight business, to some that may make them feel like more of a number but that just is her personality...She is very smart and truly does care about the care she gives and the nurses in the office call her the "endometriosis queen"- and she is!
I have been nothing but impressed with the nursing staff at the Murfreesboro office [of Nashville Fertility Center]. They have all been amazing!...They [nurses] are very very busy but they manage the patient load well. The clinic is small, but I believe that they are getting a new office in the near future...Dr. Whitworth is a very busy doctor but she still takes time to explain everything clearly. She has a good bedside manor, but is not an emotional doctor.
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
She is very informative and explains all options based on your diagnoses and will let you decide what you feel best for you and your body. She is all business and is not an emotional doctor. It took me a while to get use to this, as I am an emotional person. I did have to have surgery as well with Dr. Whitworth for endometriosis and I feel just took the best care and did the absolute best surgery. They do have a lot of patients, so until you see her a few times and get really established, it takes her a bit to put all the pieces of your history back together- that has been the only frustrating part to my husband and I. But, we have now been treated by her for over 1 year and this is not an issue now. Overall, we have been very happy with her and would recommend her to others.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Patience, even though it is SO hard!!! Fertility is such a variable practice of medicine and has to be specifically tailored to each person and sometimes, the answers take a while to uncover and sometimes, there are no answers, which is the most frustrating part of infertility.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Whitworth is a very busy doctor but she still takes time to explain everything clearly. She has a good bedside manor, but is not an emotional doctor. She is straight business, to some that may make them feel like more of a number but that just is her personality. It did take me a bit to get use to this quality, as I am more of an emotional person. She is very smart and truly does care about the care she gives and the nurses in the office call her the "endometriosis queen"- and she is!
Describe the protocols Christine Whitworth used in your cycles at Nashville Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I had a miscarriage the first month of trying in October of 2016. I switched OBGYN early 2017 and he sent me to Dr. Whitworth - in June of 2017 I had HSG done and my tubes were clear. In Sep we started Clomid- I developed a large cysts and the cycle failed. I then did 3 rounds of Femara. 2 of those rounds, I was able to do a trigger shot to release my egg/eggs. The other round, the follicle was too large and we were not able to do trigger shot. In Feb 2018, I started even more of an increase in pain with periods and had an ultrasound that showed possible endometriomas on both of my ovaries. I did 2 rounds of Lupron and then had surgery in June 2018 for endometriosis. I was diagnosed with stage 4 endo. Dr.Whitworth now wants us to try on our own for 3-4 months and then will will try medicated if I do not get pregnant before then. Dr. Whitworth gave us about a 35% of conceiving on our own. If we are not able to do so, we will start IVF next year.
I have been nothing but impressed with the nursing staff at the Murfreesboro office. They have all been amazing!
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
They are very very busy but they manage the patient load well. The clinic is small, but I believe that they are getting a new office in the near future. I have been impressed with the Murfreesboro office.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center.
We have been lucky, our insurance has picked up most of the ultrasounds as well as the surgery. We have had to come out of pocket for all medication, consultations and testing for my husband.
Murfreesboro

Dr. Whitworth is very easy to talk to. We would often have tons of questions and she would answer everyone, without making us feel like we were taking up too much time. We had one visit with her that lasted 3 hours, but that was by our choice because of all of the questions we had.... My husband had low sperm count and no motility. She suggested HCG shots, but due to the cost we first tried clomid. He did well with this and 3 months later had above normal numbers!
The nursing staff at the Murfreesboro office [Nashville Fertility Center] is amazing. Both my husband and I love them. We are those patients that constantly have questions since all our meds are new to us. Every time we call we get a call back from the nurse within a day.... Usually when consulting with the doctor about next steps, it’s done in their office, not the patient room, which is nice. They can do most testing in office. I’ve had transvaginal ultrasounds there, and they do sperm analyses there also.
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Whitworth is very easy to talk to. We would often have tons of questions and she would answer everyone, without making us feel like we were taking up too much time. We had one visit with her that lasted 3 hours, but that was by our choice because of all of the questions we had. She answered everyone. She explained everything g very well also to where we could understand. She was able to explain details about my husbands sperm and testosterone issues in a way we could understand.
We were listened to and made to feel like we were important and that our problems mattered to them. Dr. Whitworth would address every concern we had and seemed to really care.
My husband had low sperm count and no motility. She suggested HCG shots, but due to the cost we first tried clomid. He did well with this and 3 months later had above normal numbers! He still had some white blood cells so Dr. Whitworth prescribes antibiotics for that. I was diagnosed with PCOS and put on Metformin. I was put on one cycle of clomid, but this thinned my lining. I came in for an US to confirm that, and was then switched to Letrozole for 3 months. I ovulated each cycle. Before starting the Letrozole I had an HSG test also.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center.
The nursing staff at the Murfreesboro office is amazing. Both my husband and I love them. We are those patients that constantly have questions since all our meds are new to us. Every time we call we get a call back from the nurse within a day. She is always pleasant to talk to and remembers our specific information.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
We have only been to the Murfreesboro office, not their main Nashville office. It is clean and inviting. The rooms are nice. Usually when consulting with the doctor about next steps, it’s done in their office, not the patient room, which is nice. They can do most testing in office. I’ve had transvaginal ultrasounds there, and they do sperm analyses there also. That part is great for male factor infertility because of the convenience. It only takes an hour for them to get the results back, so it’s discussed same day. Blood work is also done there. There’s a small waiting room so if you’re not comfortable sitting with a bunch of people that’s something to think about.
With our BCBS insurance we had to pay our specialty copay of $45 for our visit. If both my husband and I were being seen that would be the fee for each of us. Our insurance is not in network with their lab, so sperm analysis cost us $130. My first transvaginal ultrasound cost us $60. But the next 2 I had were covered by our insurance and we paid nothing.
Murfreesboro

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
Nashville fertility clink is very clean, cozy and very welcoming. They are quick to check you in and get you to a room. Every time I have gone in, I have been greeted with a smile and called by my name.... Our total is going to be around $17,470. Egg retrieval with PHT-A is $13,590 Frozen Embryo transfer is $3880... They are quick to call back every time I have left a message and are very quick to get me in the office. Always friendly and very compassionate.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Hill was so kind when he walked into the exam room to talk with me and my husband. He asked us our background, what we like to do and really got to know us before going into why we were there. Once we got to the “why we were there”, he went through hundreds of pages of previous records to figure out what was going on before to see where he needed to pick up. Since our first consult, he has ordered labs and ultrasounds. Dr. Hill was very calm and patient with us as he knew how stressed we were about trying to have a baby for the last 7 years. He made sure we knew all the risks of the medications and how much everything was going to cost and went through every step before we get to IVF. He made us feel hopeful and comfortable. Like we are real people and not just his patients.
Write down all of the questions you have. Dr. Hill is very through in his answers and so, so very helpful.
Dr. Hill explained everything so well and answered all of the questions we had. He took the time to go through all of my previous records from my other doctors and gave us what our best options would be.
I am currently starting my first treatment with Dr. Hill. We are hoping to start in January of 2019. So far, he has had me have a couple of ultrasounds to check my tubes, ovaries, and uterus. I have also had a couple labs done to see if I am lacking any hormones.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
He went over what would happen if we had elective or multiple. He told us our chances are higher of conceiving if we chose to have multiple embryo transfer. With how long we have been TTC, we would choose multiple.
Anovulation, Male Factor, Other
Through our 3 IUI cycles and our IVF consult he [Dr. George Hill] seemed to be more than supportive of our ideal course of treatment. He was good answering any questions we had and being thorough. However during the cycles we never saw him, it was always other doctors doing our monitoring...was personable and on our side for any treatment we chose to do, but while going through treatment cycles we rarely saw him during the monitoring process, mostly nurses and his other partners in the practice.
Always easy to call and book appointments [at Nashville Fertility Center], nice staff and very compassionate about not overcharging if they don't have to, since it can be expensive. I went to the M'boro office instead of the Nashville office, I preferred the smaller office and close knit staff. I do understand that other patients may not like that the office is much smaller though...She [nurse] was always personable, hopeful and just the right amount of perky. Very informative and helpful in anyway she could. No weaknesses whatsoever!
Anovulation, Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
Through our 3 IUI cycles and our IVF consult he seemed to be more than supportive of our ideal course of treatment. He was good answering any questions we had and being thorough. However during the cycles we never saw him, it was always other doctors doing our monitoring.
Be more involved with each cycle as opposed to letting other Doctors and NP's be there in your place.
I felt like Dr. Hill was personable and on our side for any treatment we chose to do, but while going through treatment cycles we rarely saw him during the monitoring process, mostly nurses and his other partners in the practice.
2 IUI cycles were done with Letrozole days 3-5, trigger shots, and insemination to follow, labs to check beta levels. 1 IUI cycle with Gonal F 75 iu for about a week, trigger shots and insemination, labs to check estrogen & beta levels.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Amber)
She was always personable, hopeful and just the right amount of perky. Very informative and helpful in anyway she could. No weaknesses whatsoever!
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Always easy to call and book appointments, nice staff and very compassionate about not overcharging if they don't have to, since it can be expensive. I went to the M'boro office instead of the Nashville office, I preferred the smaller office and close knit staff. I do understand that other patients may not like that the office is much smaller though.
Most of my costs were through the pharmacies, which they provided a discount program for. All diagnostic testing was covered by our insurance and the only things out of pocket charged at the clinic were sperm washing and insemination, those costs were relatively low compared to stories I've heard of other clinics charging. Without medications, IUI cycles were under $500 with insurance, and with medications total costs $590-900.
He didn't seem deadset on the amount of embryos to transfer in the consultation, he did go over both sides of the spectrum for the two possible outcomes. He did suggest with our situation that a singleton would be ideal, but 2 wouldn't be out of the question either.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
One of the IUI's we did was at the Nashville office, and the day of the IUI my chart wasn't sent over so the nurse preforming the insemination was unaware of my prior experience. It wasn't really a major issue to myself personally, maybe more of a headache to the nursing staff.
Murfreesboro

I was on testosterone shots when I started seeing her [Dr. Whitworth]. Her first immediate plan was for me to stop those as they caused a very low sperm count and zero motility. She recommended HCG shots, but due to cost we tried clomid instead. She had me come in 3 months later to test again and the results were great. Dr. Whitworth gave me the results right away...went into a lot of detail through all my visits and it didn’t feel like she was rushing me out the door.
The nurse [at Nashville Fertility Center] we always had was always smiling and always in a good mood...A strength of the office was that everyone was on the same page, from the front desk to the doctor. They communicated well. The office was nice and clean. The room they have in there used for samples was nice.....About $80 for blood work and $140 for SA...Dr. Whitworth was very knowledgeable. She was great at breaking stuff down for me and explaining the technical things in a way I could understand. Specifically how testosterone works in the body. One weakness would be that sometimes I wasn’t clear on future plans or future visits.
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Write all your questions down so you remember everything.
Dr. Whitworth went into a lot of detail through all my visits and it didn’t feel like she was rushing me out the door.
I was on testosterone shots when I started seeing her. Her first immediate plan was for me to stop those as they caused a very low sperm count and zero motility. She recommended HCG shots, but due to cost we tried clomid instead. She had me come in 3 months later to test again and the results were great. Dr. Whitworth gave me the results right away.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Amber )
The nurse we always had was always smiling and always in a good mood.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
I had to pay my specialist $45 copay. Blood work and SA were expensive because our insurance didn’t cover their lab. About $80 for blood work and $140 for SA.
Murfreesboro
Dr Hill was always very descriptive, professional, and informative. He always listened to our concerns and what we had to say as patients. The only downfall was that we never seen him unless we had a consultation... We used 50mg of clomid for 3 months with timed intercourse. We then moved onto 50mg of clomid and a trigger shot of ovidrel with an IUI
Dr Hill and his staff [at Nashville Fertility Center-Murfreesboro] always were so positive and encouraging even when our numbers were at the lowest. We had such an amazing experience with his office... The front desk lady doesn’t seem nice at first and is very straight forward, but after the first couple of visits she is extremely sweet.the clinics strength would be that they were all up to date with what was going on with us every time we came in.
How was your experience with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
Be open and honest with everything. Voice all of your concerns and ask questions
Dr Hill and his staff always were so positive and encouraging even when our numbers were at the lowest. We had such an amazing experience with his office
I don’t have any weaknesses for them. Both nurses I encountered were very accommodating. They were always up to date with my chart and what was going on. They both made personal calls to myself to check on me
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
My ultrasounds were around $200, meds were $150, sperm wash was $220 and the insemination was $200. Each of our consultations were $250
I don’t have any comments.
Murfreesboro

She [Dr. Elben] was available to answer all of my questions and create a game plan that didnt involve dragging everything out. She let me move onto IVF as I wanted....After being diagnosed with a low egg number, she decided we would do 2-3 IUI and then move onto IVF. She didn't want to waste time.... I felt like she genuinely cared and helped calm my worries. After the first treatments were unsuccessful, she changed me right to IVF instead of making me continue with the other.
It can be difficult to get a straight answer from the billing department [Nashville Fertility Center]. I had to call several times before I would get a phone call back. They did not tend to discuss my insurance coverage very well....Everyone [nursing staff] was always easy to get ahold of and answer any questions I might have had.... After being diagnosed with a low egg number, she decided we would do 2-3 IUI
How was your experience with Abby Eblen at Nashville Fertility Center?
I felt like she genuinely cared and helped calm my worries. After the first treatments were unsuccessful, she changed me right to IVF instead of making me continue with the other. It was not too hard to get a consultation appointment when I felt a different approach was needed.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Abby Eblen at Nashville Fertility Center?
Be sure to bring a pen and paper to each appointment. she covers a lot of information pretty fast and it's hard to remember everything.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Abby Eblen at Nashville Fertility Center?
She was available to answer all of my questions and create a game plan that didnt involve dragging everything out. She let me move onto IVF as I wanted.
Describe the protocols Abby Eblen used in your cycles at Nashville Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center.
Everyone was always easy to get ahold of and answer any questions I might have had.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
It can be difficult to get a straight answer from the billing department. I had to call several times before I would get a phone call back. They did not tend to discuss my insurance coverage very well.
Abby Eblen
Murfreesboro

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Abby Eblen at Nashville Fertility Center.

She [Dr. Whitworth] wanted to go through a series of tests, to assess my current situation. This included various tests for my husband. Discovered issues with fibroids.... Not a lot of interaction Expected more involvement. Talked more to her staff and other doctors whom she referred me to for fibroid removal. A lot of times I felt unsure of the next steps and plan towards conception. Just felt that more communication was needed.
I like the convenience of the 2 locations [Nashville Fertility Center]. Phone staff can be negative at times, but overall pretty decent clinic but I just think that they lack in communication. Also more flexibility in schedule is needec.... [Nursing Staff] Very professional but not as much communication as I expected... Talked more to her staff and other doctors whom she [Dr. Whitworth] referred me to for fibroid removal.
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Get an established plan of action right from beginning
Not of interaction
She wanted to go through a series of tests, to assess my current situation. This included various tests for my husband. Discovered issues with fibroids.
Very professional but not as much communication as I expected
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Nothing in particular stands out. I like the convenience of the 2 locations. Phone staff can be negative at times, but overall pretty decent clinic but I just think that they lack in communication. Also more flexibility in schedule is needec.
Murfreesboro

We didn't know it was male factor at first, so Dr. Hill had my husband tested but also immediately put me on clomid for 5 days followed by an ovudrul shot. I did this for 3 cycles while awaiting on multiple tests from my husband. Now that we know it's male factor, we were referred to a urologist and are about to start IVF...spent as much as we needed, he drew diagrams, talked us through every step that we were going to make. He made us have hope (cautious), but still hope!
We normally see the same nurse [at Nashville Fertility Center] , but all nurses are polite, kind, and human. They take into consideration your time and emotional state... I have never been on hold for more than 1-2 minutes before, and if you leave a message, your call is normally returned within the same day, if not first thing the next morning...a meeting with Dr. Hill is about $180; tests have run us about $600...The clinic is easy to get to, has valet parking, the receptionists and bill department are very kind.
How was your experience with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Hill sits down with you and your partner, he listens to your concerns, he goes on full attack on how to get you started on your journey. He has other specialist to work with (since our infertility comes from male factor). He diagrams and gives real statistics. He offers hope but is also realistic.
Take whatever appointment they have, Dr. Hill is busy.
Dr. Hill spent as much as we needed, he drew diagrams, talked us through every step that we were going to make. He made us have hope (cautious), but still hope!
We normally see the same nurse, but all nurses are polite, kind, and human. They take into consideration your time and emotional state.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
The clinic is easy to get to, has valet parking, the receptionists and bill department are very kind. You kind of have to take whatever appointment they have, since they are busy. It is about a 45 minute drive from where I work, but they have such a good reputation that it's worth every minute. I have never been on hold for more than 1-2 minutes before, and if you leave a message, your call is normally returned within the same day, if not first thing the next morning.
My insurance doesn't cover any fertility treatments, so this is all out of pocket. I don't think it's too expensive; a meeting with Dr. Hill is about $180; tests have run us about $600.
Dr. Hill suggests eSET since one healthy baby is our goal. He gave statistics that at my age (36) one embryo would be as successful as 2.
Nashville

Dr. Whitworth did take the time to discuss results of our failed cycle with me which I did appreciate. Questions I had that she was not able to answer she contacted the lab directly and sent me the answers. She was courteous and professional but I only met with her once throughout my 2-3 months receiving care from NFC.... I wish more thought would have gone into my particular cycle rather than getting the "cookie cutter first timer" regimen.
The nursing staff [Nashville Fertility Center] was fine. They kept open communication and for the most part were responsive. Following my retrieval I had a severe migraine and they made sure to follow up with me until complete resolution which I was appreciative of. Ellen, the US tech, was wonderful. There were other techs who were less friendly--downright cold as ice.... The clinic as a whole prefers single embryo transfer in patients 38 and younger I believe?
East Asian, Black or African-American
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
If you expect that one provider will take care of you and see you through your entire treatment, that will not occur. You will potentially be seen by all 4 providers and Dr. Eblen and Weitzman are great! There were a few hiccups with my voicemail not working but they seemed to correct most errors quickly. Do your research and have a list of questions early and don't be afraid to go through every single question!
When trying to confirm insurance coverage of PGD testing she was clear that she did not want to rush the cycle without having an answer. She remained transparent throughout the process which as helpful. When my cycle completely failed, which we were not anticipating, she scheduled a phone conference and talked to me about some things she may do differently during a second round.
This is one issue I have, I wish more thought would have gone into my particular cycle rather than getting the "cookie cutter first timer" regimen. I received 225 of Gonal-F and this was increased to 300 when I was found to only have four follicles on day 3 of stims. I eventually caught up and went down to 225 + menopur + cetrotide. I triggered with lupron even though I was not planning a fresh transfer and there was minimal chance for OHSS. I would advocate triggering with HCG if you are not planning a fresh transfer.
The nursing staff was fine. They kept open communication and for the most part were responsive. Following my retrieval I had a severe migraine and they made sure to follow up with me until complete resolution which I was appreciative of. Ellen, the US tech, was wonderful. There were other techs who were less friendly--downright cold as ice.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
strength: Convenient last minute scheduling, Saturday clinics if necessary, pretty quick appointments weakness: issues with communication prior to being assigned an IVF nurse, cold support staff, lack of continuity of care (seeing different providers throughout)
I had partial coverage with insurance and my out of pocket cost was ~8K for IVF and ~3K for medications.
Describe Christine Whitworth's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Nashville Fertility Center.
The clinic as a whole prefers single embryo transfer in patients 38 and younger I believe? Approaching 40 the number of embryos recommended for transfer increases. They prefer frozen to fresh transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
We did have an incident where a prescription was called in late to a pharmacy. This was resolved in 24-36 hrs.

2020
There were nurses scheduled to perform the actual IUI, but the first IUI was trickier than expected to Dr Van Heertum came in to do it herself. That one didn't pan out, but I came back a month later and we got our successful IUI...[she] was consistently warm and kind, both to me and my wife, and seemed appropriately invested in our care...She was involved, gentle, and effective. At times I had to follow up with more questions or self-advocate, as she didn't always remember all the details we'd agreed on for my treatment, but she was responsive to my feedback and considered me thoughtfully when we were making decisions about our IUI. We conceived on our second unmedicated IUI, and transferred to my OB after our first 6wk visit with Dr Van Heertum, who offered (due to COVID-19) to see us for a couple more appointments if necessary (depending on our OB's practices - we weren't sure at the time) to ensure the continued heal
[Nashville Fertility Center is] Very LGBTQ inclusive, with a supportive and nonjudgmental staff. They were effective and helped us get pregnant quickly. Most people were exceptionally kind, but I had to be sure to self-advocate (ESPECIALLY once coronavirus started shifting their staff schedules) to make sure I was treated according to my specific needs rather than to the default. Disappointing communication breakdowns during beginning of coronavirus changes, but I'm under the impression that has since improved. There have been some billing errors and other communication-related blunders, but there has also been an exceptionally helpful and involved staff to help me troubleshoot and make sure those problems are solved.
2020
How was your experience with Kristin Van Heertum at Nashville Fertility Center?
She was involved, gentle, and effective. At times I had to follow up with more questions or self-advocate, as she didn't always remember all the details we'd agreed on for my treatment, but she was responsive to my feedback and considered me thoughtfully when we were making decisions about our IUI. We conceived on our second unmedicated IUI, and transferred to my OB after our first 6wk visit with Dr Van Heertum, who offered (due to COVID-19) to see us for a couple more appointments if necessary (depending on our OB's practices - we weren't sure at the time) to ensure the continued health of our baby. She was compassionate and nonjudgmental.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kristin Van Heertum at Nashville Fertility Center?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kristin Van Heertum at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr Van Heertum was consistently warm and kind, both to me and my wife, and seemed appropriately invested in our care.
Describe the protocols Kristin Van Heertum used in your cycles at Nashville Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We went in for my initial consultation in January, where I opted for genetic testing and general bloodwork. She also gave us sperm bank recommendations. Due to our use of donor sperm, we were then required to see a reproductive counselor for one session before continuing treatment. We also had a saline sonogram done, and found no cause to suspect any potential fertility issues, so Dr Van Heertum recommended we try a few cycles with an unmedicated IUI. There were nurses scheduled to perform the actual IUI, but the first IUI was trickier than expected to Dr Van Heertum came in to do it herself. That one didn't pan out, but I came back a month later and we got our successful IUI. We did all our bloodwork at the clinic and then had a 6wk ultrasound and appointment with Dr Van Heertum.
It's hard to fault the nursing staff for the breakdowns in communication, because I was beginning my second cycle right at the start of coronavirus. The staff was put on an alternating schedule and it made getting and giving clear and streamlined information quite challenging. I think they were all doing their best in relatively impossible circumstances, and I don't imagine things haven't improved since getting into a new rhythm, but communication was frustrating and disorienting by the time I started getting my IUIs.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
At the beginning of the coronavirus (I had both my IUIs in March 2020) I was aware that things may change and reached out on several occasions to make sure I was up to date with the current protocol. I was told that I'd be informed in advance of any changes, and I also received emails and checked their website regularly, where it said clearly that they were continuing to operate as usual, just with some added safety measures. I spoke to the on-call doctor the Saturday night that I got my positive OPK, and he said to call Monday morning and get in for the earliest possible appointment. But when I called Monday morning, they told me they weren't doing IUIs anymore. Obviously I was shocked and frustrated, since I'd been diligently checking to ensure my expectations were fairly set, and I didn't find out this change in policy until the day I was meant to receive my treatment. After a few tearful conversations, and because I had spoken to the on-call doctor, they wound up allowing me to come in for my IUI after all (and that was the one that yielded our pregnancy!), but it was an immensely stressful and emotional morning and the weeks that followed were similarly chaotic re: communication (ie getting a different nurse every time I called). These were not normal circumstances, and I know that - I really think the situation merits a great deal of grace and understanding, and they were working incredibly hard on impossible times. That said, my regular OB's office (Not my RE) was clear, communicative, and transparent in a way that really set the bar and I do think the situation at NFC could've been handled better.
Kristin Van Heertum
Nashville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kristin Van Heertum at Nashville Fertility Center.

2019 - 2020
1 Egg Frozen
I had just turned 41 and was learning as I went that my odds were very low for viable embryos...I was very slow to stimulate with a lot of ovarian cyst complications to work around. If it wasn’t for Doctor Whitworth I would not have a viable egg now that we are so ready to transfer using a gestational carrier. Dr. Whitworth fought for me and gave my body time to do what it needed. She was a true Angel and God send to me and so was Martha! Martha, my IVF nurse walked hand and hand with me through the entire process. I didn’t always get the news I wanted but I did always get the news presented in a loving and kind way. The entire staff and all the doctors and IVF nurses at Nashville fertility are amazing! They are compassionate, caring and they are cheering for you and your future baby! I am so thankful to have had them all in my corner and I know my embryo is a miracle from God but they were the angles who helped get me one. I wish so bad I could carry my baby but I am so thankful to have found a beautiful gestational carrie
I felt very loved and welcomed and the entire staff, doctors and my amazing IVF nurse Martha became like family to me [at Nashville Fertility Center]...They are compassionate, caring and they are cheering for you and your future baby! I am so thankful to have had them all in my corner...I loved my IVF nurse Martha!!! She is was amazing and helped me so much! She was patient, compassionate, very educated and helped me so much with options and treatment and how to handle obstacles as they occurred.
2019 - 2020
1 Egg Frozen
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
I am so thankful for the opportunity to have been a patient of Doctor Whitworth! I felt very loved and welcomed and the entire staff, doctors and my amazing IVF nurse Martha became like family to me. fertility issues and treatments can be very emotional and I was older when I got to Nashville fertility. I had just turned 41 and was learning as I went that my odds were very low for viable embryos. But we all nicknamed my eggs the little eggs they could and I was very slow to stimulate with a lot of ovarian cyst complications to work around. If it wasn’t for Doctor Whitworth I would not have a viable egg now that we are so ready to transfer using a gestational carrier. Dr. Whitworth fought for me and gave my body time to do what it needed. She was a true Angel and God send to me and so was Martha! Martha, my IVF nurse walked hand and hand with me through the entire process. I didn’t always get the news I wanted but I did always get the news presented in a loving and kind way. The entire staff and all the doctors and IVF nurses at Nashville fertility are amazing! They are compassionate, caring and they are cheering for you and your future baby! I am so thankful to have had them all in my corner and I know my embryo is a miracle from God but they were the angles who helped get me one. I wish so bad I could carry my baby but I am so thankful to have found a beautiful gestational carrier and we pray for our little miracle embryo every day! Praying she is tough and can make it through all she has to make it through to be in our arms. I will forever be grateful to Dr. Whitworth and her expertise and guidance. She, personally stepped in several times when I had complications to help me get through the obstacles. As they say great leaders are able to address obstacles and adjust through to the victory and Dr. Whitworth did just that. She was able to get me to egg retrieval twice and that was after several stopped cycles. She is a truly a brilliant leader and rock star doctor!
To be patient and to express her desires and communicate your needs and fears. To rely on them to do everything they can to get you a healthy baby. To know it is going to be a very emotional journey with a lot of highs and lows but also one where you just have to keep your eye on the prize!!!!
I love Dr. Witworth and my IVF nurse Martha. I was an older patient trying to do a free-all because I have complications that make it better for me to use a gestational carrier
Dr, Whitworth was amazing because due to my auto-immune and pre -existing medical issues she had to work around a lot of my medications! She explained to me that we had 3 protocols we could try. The first one didn’t work as I didn’t stimulate at all like I needed too so we moved to the second option. This included daily injections of gonal -f and every other day HCG injection and certrotide and then double trigger shots
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Martha Goodyear was my IVF nurse )
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
I love the entire staff at Nashville fertility! They are warm and friendly and so helpful! We did encounter a fee payment issues with being a progeny insurance patient and that was the only negative thing we dealt with. They were always on time and very thorough and made me feel so welcome and they really did cheer me on the entire time.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Nashville Fertility Center.
The ultrasound techs were amazing and honestly you never had to wait long! They were kind and loving as I was having a hard time stimulating so these appointments were very important and I always felt like I was a top concern
I thankfully was able to have progeny insurance through my employer. Unfortunately none of my husbands labs or test or procedures were covered but we thankfully only had to spend 6-10k for this process which is the only way we could have done this. Unfortunately, there is nothing that covers gestational carrier and legal work so that will all be out of pocket expenses.
I unfortunately was only able to get one embryo after 2 rounds of egg retrieval. First round, they got 5 mature eggs from me and 5 fertilized and 3 grew to embryos and after genetic testing only one female was viable. We lost two other male ones. Then the second egg retrieval, they got 8 eggs , 6 fertilized and only 2 grew to embryos that we genetically tested and none came back viable so we lost two more male embryos that time. But I often thought if I got three viable embryos I would have really liked to have been able to try 2 embryos at a time. Because I am older and having to use a gestational carrier and it’s so expensive! We are not trying to figure out every way we can to pay and get our embryo here and transferred. Even exploring go fund me. So after all you have to pay to go through everything I think multiple egg transfer should be an option. I do understand that if you only have two embryo that the chances of survival are better for single embryo transfer at a time and I do understand why Dr. Whitworth only likes to do one at a time. However, I think in certain circumstances, multiple embryo transfer could be best

Endometriosis, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
She [Dr. Whitworth] has been encouraging to us throughout our treatment even when it hasn't been successful. She has a caring staff and when there have been issues with appointments or staff she has made a strong effort to make things right and quickly...I had a smooth IVF stimulation experience...She gave me a list of supplements to take ahead of time as well as my husband...She was very thorough in explaining why she would only transfer one embryo at a time which I appreciated.
For as large of a clinic it [Nashville Fertility Center] is run well. There can be long wait times but for the most part it runs smoothly. Strengths- clean, good parking, kind employees Weaknesses- can have long wait times, followup appointments are sometimes far out...I also have had to call the billing department and other areas with questions and everyone has been very kind and prompt...Everyone at the office has always been very friendly. It is just a large practice with a lot of patients.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr Whitworth explains things very well at appointments. She is very kind but if you are looking for a doctor that is bubbly she may not be the one for you. She has a very calm personality. She has been encouraging to us throughout our treatment even when it hasn't been successful. She has a caring staff and when there have been issues with appointments or staff she has made a strong effort to make things right and quickly.
I have had a good experience with her and think she does care for her patients.
I had a smooth IVF stimulation experience. My estrogen levels did get very high before retrieval but I used a Lupron trigger and had a freeze all cycle and everything ended up going well with the retrieval. I used gonal f, cetrotide, hcg & lupron. She gave me a list of supplements to take ahead of time as well as my husband.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Andie)
Andie has been my IVF NP and I cannot say enough good things about her. Since your IVF nurse is who you communicate with the most having a great one is essential. My first nurse left and I was given Andie after and she has been the best. She is so compassionate, kind and truly goes the extra mile for you. She looks you in the eye and never makes you feel rushed. She answers emails or phone calls promptly. She sits with you at your appointments and goes over everything thoroughly for as long as you need. We could use more people in healthcare like Andie! I also have had to call the billing department and other areas with questions and everyone has been very kind and prompt.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
For as large of a clinic it is run well. There can be long wait times but for the most part it runs smoothly. Strengths- clean, good parking, kind employees Weaknesses- can have long wait times, followup appointments are sometimes far out As with all healthcare, be your own advocate. Be on top of your appointments and don't hesitate to ask questions to your doctor or even the billing department.
25,000+ , IUI, IVF, FETs, additional testing
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
I had a followup phone appointment scheduled for a specific time. Somehow the scheduler overlooked it and Dr Whitworth was not made aware of our appointment. Needless to say once we talked to her she was very apologetic and even sent a follow-up email on how they were going to make sure it never happened again to another patient. She definitely tried to make things right which we appreciated.

2016 - 2019
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
It’s a large clinic. I get that but we rarely saw him [Dr. Hill]. Only for consultations and before and after surgery which he did not perform... he would show concern but would be robotic in a sense that we repeated the same thing expecting a different result. In that sense we felt like a number and not an individualized case. He would explain things well and is very medically knowledgeable but wouldn’t always be clear in where he felt we should go or what we should do next.
It [Nashville Fertility Center] is a large facility and can sometimes feel like a factory in a sense, not as personable or warm and friendly feeling. Have a large staff and appear to have significant technology... there can often be substantial waits for ultrasound rooms or for getting your blood drawn.... The nurses failed to tell me about a fibroid that showed up on a scan until a couple appointments later after discovering it and I was once scheduled for a procedure at the wrong location.
2016 - 2019
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
It’s a large clinic. I get that but we rarely saw him. Only for consultations and before and after surgery which he did not perform... he would show concern but would be robotic in a sense that we repeated the same thing expecting a different result. In that sense we felt like a number and not an individualized case. He would explain things well and is very medically knowledgeable but wouldn’t always be clear in where he felt we should go or what we should do next.
Ask what the next step is at the end of each visit.
Sometimes he would just point to a chart and say this or that and lump us in with “everyone else” and other times ask deep detailed questions trying to understand our situation.
He chose to use Femara and campus for the five cycles along with a trigger shot after ultrasound/ follicular evaluation before performing an IUI. This was related five times without any positive outcomes.
Kristin was extremely personable and friendly, positive and smiled often. The other nurses often seem in a hurry, quick to answer or want to leave the room and sometimes annoyed. They were however very thorough and explained things pretty well.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
It is a large facility and can sometimes feel like a factory in a sense, not as personable or warm and friendly feeling. Have a large staff and appear to have significant technology... there can often be substantial waits for ultrasound rooms or for getting your blood drawn.
Roughly per IUI cycle without insurance our medicated IUIs cost about $800 for ultrasounds, medications and IUI day procedures.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
I felt very discriminated against as a larger plus size woman. I showed progress in weight loss and continued improvement but that was never acknowledged when re-evaluation for procedures happened. The nurses failed to tell me about a fibroid that showed up on a scan until a couple appointments later after discovering it and I was once scheduled for a procedure at the wrong location.
Nashville

Dr Hill showed compassion and was easy to work with. He explained things in great detail and was easy to ask questions too. ... My husband had a surgery to fix a varicose seal. Waited 6 months to determine if procedure increased sperm count. Count continued to be low and vary in numbers. Proceeded with 3 failed IUIs. Took 3 cycles of Clomid and 3 cycles of Femara. Then decided to proceed with IVF/frozen transfer. Recently had our embryo transfer
Nashville Fertility Clinic has been very easy to work with. The office environment is very clean, easy to schedule appointments, never have to wait long to be seen/close to your appointment times, front desk/billing staff are very friendly and easy to work with. Clinic appears to be very organized... My nurse, Jordan, has been great to work with. She has been very organized and easy to work with. Highly recommend her!
How was your experience with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr Hill showed compassion and was easy to work with. He explained things in great detail and was easy to ask questions too. It was always easy to get schedule appointments and office was as flexible as possible. Never had to wait long at all!!
Come ready with a list of questions!
Dr Hill and Nashville Fertility Clinic has been very easy to work with. They are super organized.
Met with Nashville Fertility Clinic based on the recommendation of my PCP and my husband's urologist (low sperm count). My husband had a surgery to fix a varicose seal. Waited 6 months to determine if procedure increased sperm count. Count continued to be low and vary in numbers. Proceeded with 3 failed IUIs. Took 3 cycles of Clomid and 3 cycles of Femara. Then decided to proceed with IVF/frozen transfer. Recently had our embryo transfer last Wednesday!! Praying for positive blood test on Monday!! This has been extremely emotional time to go through and it is hard when many others don't understand what you are going through. It has been helpful to me to meet others who are going through process to discuss things with.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jordan Vaughan)
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
About $25,000-$30,000 between IUIs and IVF with frozen transfer.
Dr Hill prefers single embryo transfers.
Nashville

He [Dr. George Hill] started me off immediately on clomid 25 mg a day and also the ovidrul shot. I received ultrasonds on day 12 before the shot. We did all this before receiving full information regarding my husband's factors. Turns out, we have 100% male infertility factor, so all the drugs I took were for nothing.... He is kind and soft spoken. He was always up to date on our chart and familiar with my medical history and spoke to my husband's as well. He offered us options when we thought we had run out. He didn't keep us waiting for long and he always had appointments available at some time in the near future.
The clinic [Nashville Fertility Center- Nashville] is easy to get to and has valet parking. You do not wait long and everyone that works there is friendly and efficient. Some things seem dated, but that's ok with me. Everything is located right there, from the doctors, ultrasound, male fertility testing, etc, so you don't have to travel to get anywhere else.... They are very nice and compassionate, but efficient. They don't waste time and work on getting you in and out.
How was your experience with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
You may have to wait to get in with him and his openings are always in the middle of the day, so prepare to take off work.
He spoke to me and my husband in a gentle but honest way. He sat down at a table with us, he included his medical student and nurses in on the conversations, he was always up to date on our chart. He also told us there's always hope and miracles do happen.
He started me off immediately on clomid 25 mg a day and also the ovidrul shot. I received ultrasonds on day 12 before the shot. We did all this before receiving full information regarding my husband's factors. Turns out, we have 100% male infertility factor, so all the drugs I took were for nothing.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
The clinic is easy to get to and has valet parking. You do not wait long and everyone that works there is friendly and efficient. Some things seem dated, but that's ok with me. Everything is located right there, from the doctors, ultrasound, male fertility testing, etc, so you don't have to travel to get anywhere else.
My insurance doesn't pay for fertility, but I felt all prices were reasonable and they do offer a flat IVF cycle fee which is where we are headed in the future.

2017 - 2019
Dr. Eblen understands that infertility is stressful and is empathetic. ... I always feel like Dr. Eblen is making the best decisions for me regarding my treatment plan. She was realistic about expected outcomes. Although she has a positive outlook, she doesn't build your hopes up. She is direct and intelligent. I had a variety of exams and tests to make sure PCOS was the only issue causing my infertility yet.
NFC is very organized and I feel like there is a good system in place, especially for those going through IVF. I feel as tough the doctors and nurses are knowledgeable and I don't question their decisions in my treatment plan. ... My nurse Laurie was excellent at communicating what was expected and gave me written schedules on what do do. I am already an organized person, so I'm thankful for her attention to detail as well!
2017 - 2019
How was your experience with Abby Eblen at Nashville Fertility Center?
Trust the process and treatment plan that she has for you. Don't waste too much time on IUI or medicated timed intercourse cycles before considering IVF. Although the cost is high, it is the quickest way to pregnancy.
Dr. Eblen understands that infertility is stressful and is empathetic. She makes sure all my questions are answered and is super smart.
For IUI, the process was simple and I took letrozole to produce more follicles. That process was the same each of the three times I did it. For IVF, I had two cycles and chose to do PGS testing on the embryos. I had 4 embryos from the first egg retrieval, but none of them came back normal. I am young, so they thought this was bad luck. The next cycle my medication was tweaked and I was put on supplements to help with egg quality. That round I had 3 normal embryos out of 4, so I'm thankful they adjusted things for me. I haven't had the embryo transfer yet, but will in just a couple of weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Laurie Lee)
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Abby Eblen at Nashville Fertility Center.
My egg retrieval including all monitoring visits leading up to it, anesthesia, and PGS testing was $13,870 (not including medications). PGS testing is optional, but definitely worth the peace of mind. The embryo transfer including monitoring visits (not including medications) was $3,980. They bill you before egg retrieval and then again before the embryo transfer. That was nice so I don't have to pay everything up front and get refunded later if we didn't get to the embryo transfer.
Describe Abby Eblen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Nashville Fertility Center.
Since my embryos are PGS tested and normal, she advises only transferring one at a time. Due to the risk of twins, I think this is a good option.
Abby Eblen

Anovulation, PCOS, Other
Dr. Whitworth is very candid and straightforward, and I like that. She is very knowledgable and shows compassion when appropriate, however she does not coddle you. ... Dr. Whitworth started me off with Clomid to induce ovulation due to my PCOS diagnosis, and upped my dosage when I stopped responding. ... We started with timed intercourse, but when that did not work, we started doing IUI.
The staff [Nashville Fertility Center] is absolutely wonderful, however the ladies up front can sometimes seem off-put by your presence. The ladies at the front desk are not the most compassionate, but the are not cold or rigid, either. ... Dr. Whitworth explained that they are regulated by the FDA and only allowed to do single embryo transfer for women under a certain age, which I fall into. ... They [nursing staff] are prompt and efficient with responding to calls.
European, Latino
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Whitworth is very candid and straightforward, and I like that. She is very knowledgable and shows compassion when appropriate, however she does not coddle you. She answers every question I ever have, and goes into as much detail as I want to know.
Expect to meet with her staff frequently; her nurses and staff handle most every treatment. They are wonderful, but do not expect to meet with Dr. Whitworth at every appointment.
Dr. Whitworth is pretty neutral. She's not cold, but not overly warm. I genuinely like her bedside manner, but I do prefer doctors who get to the point.
Dr. Whitworth started me off with Clomid to induce ovulation due to my PCOS diagnosis, and upped my dosage when I stopped responding. When I stopped responding to the higher dosage, she switched me to Letrozole. After a while, I began taking Ovidrel injections to ensure ovulation. We started with timed intercourse, but when that did not work, we started doing IUI. The first cycle was not monitored other than at home with an OPK tests. The next 3 cycles were monitored on CD 17 at first to check for mature follicles, as my cycles are longer than 28 days. After being on the Letrozole for a few months, my cycle length shortened and I was to come in on CD 13. If there were mature follicles, we would inject Ovidrel at the office, then schedule IUI for the next day. I would take an HPT 2 weeks after the date of injection and call with results. No beta tests were ordered. After the 3rd monitored IUI with a negative test, we had a consultation again in which she ordered further bloodwork to determine if there was an underlying issue other than PCOS. Bloodwork came back stating that I am positive for antisperm antibodies, which then Dr. Whitworth recommends IVF with ICSI.
The nursing staff is wonderful and very compassionate and knowledgable. They are prompt and efficient with responding to calls.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
The staff is absolutely wonderful, however the ladies up front can sometimes seem off-put by your presence. The ladies at the front desk are not the most compassionate, but the are not cold or rigid, either.
IUI was roughly $550. Ultrasounds vary from $150-$350. Testing is between $50-$500
Nashville

At times when I was more emotional, for example after our first transfer failed, I felt like he [Dr. Glenn Weitzman] was flippant and disregarded my feelings. At other times, like during consultations, he seemed annoyed if I tried to ask questions and disinclined to explain things in detail. He never reviewed our chart before we spoke with him and tended to keep the conversations as brief as possible. He also ran late several times.
I'd also say that overall they [Nashville Fertility Center] pressure you to do all this stuff, like PGS, but then when we decided not to, Andie was like "yeah I think that's a great decision." Andie responds really well to email but on the day we were supposed to get the results from our first transfer, I asked her to call me directly and instead she left a voicemail in my voicemail box so I didn't get it for hours. Just little things like that but that make a huge difference in overall experience.
How was your experience with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
I think Dr Weitzman is a competent doctor and knows what he's doing. He wasn't a great fit for me because I need someone more compassionate, understanding, and willing to see me and the stuff I'm going through. I'm paying a LOT of money and going through a lot of emotional turmoil and would appreciate a reciprocal effort to at least see me as a patient, not a number.
That he's a good doctor but expect to do a lot of research on your own, look out for your own best interests, and to not see a lot of compassion or warm fuzzies. He'll puts some pressure on things like PGS and other tests so if you don't do your research, you may perceive what he's saying as a requirement of the treatment plan, not an option.
At times when I was more emotional, for example after our first transfer failed, I felt like he was flippant and disregarded my feelings. At other times, like during consultations, he seemed annoyed if I tried to ask questions and disinclined to explain things in detail. He never reviewed our chart before we spoke with him and tended to keep the conversations as brief as possible. He also ran late several times.
For egg retrieval, I started on birth control, then did Gonal-F (dosage varied), HCG (only 10 units for a few days), and Lupron (I think 10 or 20 units?). I don't remember what my trigger shot was. I had close to 50 follicles and they waited an extra day or two past what my monitoring doctor said they would have done. A different doctor (Dr Hill) did my actual egg retrieval and they got 30 eggs, 25 of which were mature. We used ICSI on 12 eggs and froze the other 13. We got 5 embryos but only 4 survived the freezing process. For transfer, I asked to skip the birth control, which they agreed to and used an OPK instead. I did two estrogen patches (.01 mg) every other day for like a week and a half, then up to 3 patches, then 4. 10 units of Lupron every morning. Then about a week and a half or two weeks out from transfer started 2mL PIO once a day, which I would have continued but the first failed and the second was a chemical pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Andrea Sprock)
Andie is awesome! She let a few things fall through the cracks and I definitely still need to be my own advocate and keep track of everything in great detail, but I have no complaints about her. The entire nursing staff there is awesome and I never had a bad experience with any of them!
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
They're really good at what they do! The facility leaves something to be desired but the staff is all super competent. The billing department is no fun to talk to and makes everything kinda difficult, but the nursing staff is wonderful. They apparently have excellent success rates and it's clear this is their specialty. I'd say they could do a better job at being compassionate and understanding across the board, but they're a great clinic.
I did my monitoring at a different doctor's office because we live in Knoxville and the center is in Nashville
In total, we've spent about $30,000
This was another thing that was frustrating - Dr Weitzman absolutely refused to transfer more than 1 embryo, which I understand, but was, in my opinion, condescending in his explanation as to why and flippant as to my reasons for wanting to transfer two.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
Andie, my IVF nurse, was out of the office on one of the days I needed to get critical test results in order to know if I needed to start shots the next day. (I found out she was out because I hadn't heard from her so I emailed her and got an out of office reply message.) I had to scramble, calling the office as many times as possible, but you can never speak directly to a human, it always goes through the answering machine. I called and emailed Andie, left messages for other nurses, called my monitoring doctor, etc. It was SOOO stressful. Eventually one of the other nurses called me back (at like 6pm) but it about sent me over the edge. I'd also say that overall they pressure you to do all this stuff, like PGS, but then when we decided not to, Andie was like "yeah I think that's a great decision." Andie responds really well to email but on the day we were supposed to get the results from our first transfer, I asked her to call me directly and instead she left a voicemail in my voicemail box so I didn't get it for hours. Just little things like that but that make a huge difference in overall experience.
Nashville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center.

Male Factor, Other
Dr. Montville cares. The first thing he said to me when we met was “Tell me your story”. I was so emotional after so many years of “unexplained” infertility and no answers, I cried but I was relieved instantly because I knew I mattered now. ... He called me on a Saturday to address a concern I had so I wouldn’t worry all weekend. He is super kind and very caring. ...
The consult is only $50 with no insurance OR free as a second opinion with records from previous RE. ... The lab techs [Nashville Fertility Center] were great, although I think they have moved the lab out of the location. And the embryologist, Jennifer, is very kind and funny. She is so patient and spoke with me on the phone AND called my husband to go over all the same information again. ...The clinic is clean, fancy, and small but in a cozy, familiar way. It is Very private. You don’t have babies all around you.
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Christopher Montville at Nashville Fertility Center?
He doesn’t talk to you like you’re stupid. He knows by the time you are seeing him that you have learned at least the basics. Compared to another RE who wanted to start by explaining my anatomy. He called me on a Saturday to address a concern I had so I wouldn’t worry all weekend. He is super kind and very caring. He was worth the wait to get into his practice and if you have to spend a lot of money because your insurance doesn’t cover fertility, you might as well pay him!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christopher Montville at Nashville Fertility Center?
Be confident in going to him because he will ease your anxieties and give you new hope.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christopher Montville at Nashville Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Christopher Montville used in your cycles at Nashville Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I haven’t started yet. We discovered male factor issues but he also thoroughly tested my thyroid and although it was normal, he discovered a link between the T4 and “unexplained infertility”. As soon as I started the tiny dose of levothyroxin all of my pre-menstrual spotting vanished. Happy day! We are preparing for an IUI.
Amazing. The lab techs were great, although I think they have moved the lab out of the location. And the embryologist, Jennifer, is very kind and funny. She is so patient and spoke with me on the phone AND called my husband to go over all the same information again. Bless her!
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
The clinic is clean, fancy, and small but in a cozy, familiar way. It is Very private. You don’t have babies all around you. No weaknesses that I am aware of; I did about have a heart attack on the first visit from my emotional state when the nurse handed me the folder with the most gorgeous folder of a newborn. Took my breath away. I really wasn’t prepared for that but I took it as a good sign. :)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christopher Montville at Nashville Fertility Center.
The consult is only $50 with no insurance OR free as a second opinion with records from previous RE. Many blood tests he ran were able to be filed to my insurance but with no fertility coverage, I typically have to save for tests and visits. I never want to owe him money. I always like to be paid up. So far I think the pricing has been very fair.
Christopher Montville
Nashville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Christopher Montville at Nashville Fertility Center.

[Dr. Weitzman's] bedside manner is not exactly warm and he is very straight forward in his approach which i didn't mind but if you want someone that is going to soften a blow he is not going to do that. He spent a good deal of time with us at our first appointment but after that was rarely able to see us or explain anything in detail and left that to his nurses and NPs who, when left to explain more complicated situations (male factor infertility in our case), really dropped the ball and presented situations as way more dire and with less possible outcomes then were truly available and left us in a panic. We chose not to continue IVF with Dr. Weitzman so i cant speak to how he handles communications and situations in the thick of treatment. I believe that overall Dr Weitzman is a great doctor but the busyness of his clinic coupled with the rest of the staff (front desk, nursing, etc) makes you feel like you are a number rather than an actual person.
The nurses staff that you don't see as frequently (blood draws, check in, etc) were friendly and welcoming. Nurse Practioners [at Nashville Fertility Center] are friendly and nice but are left to do a lot of the explaining of test results and procedures. We were left a lot of voicemails from NPs with test results and then had a really hard time getting back in touch with them once they had left a voicemail...We were told that both of my husbands semen samples had no sperm however we later found our from our urologist that they found 1 mature mobile sperm in our second sample which he said was much better than none. It took us multiple phone calls and emails to get records transferred to our urologist and then again to our new clinic and the second set of records was never sent and eventually had to be transferred to me so that i had them for any further use since we continued to have such a hard time getting records sent.
How was your experience with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr Weitzman is a great doctor and he is very knowledgable. His bedside manner is not exactly warm and he is very straight forward in his approach which i didn't mind but if you want someone that is going to soften a blow he is not going to do that. He spent a good deal of time with us at our first appointment but after that was rarely able to see us or explain anything in detail and left that to his nurses and NPs who, when left to explain more complicated situations (male factor infertility in our case), really dropped the ball and presented situations as way more dire and with less possible outcomes then were truly available and left us in a panic. We chose not to continue IVF with Dr. Weitzman so i cant speak to how he handles communications and situations in the thick of treatment. I believe that overall Dr Weitzman is a great doctor but the busyness of his clinic coupled with the rest of the staff (front desk, nursing, etc) makes you feel like you are a number rather than an actual person.
Make sure you establish a line of communication from the beginning and advocate for yourself or you may not get the time and treatment you deserve. If you want him to call with results of big tests make sure you establish that up front and ask to speak with him when you don't fully understand something that is being communicated from another staff member (RN, NP, PA).
We received some news from a nurse practitioner which she said would make it nearly impossible for us to have our own children but that she wasn't entirely sure how to interpret the results and offered to make an appointment for us in 5 weeks to talk to our doctor. It is almost impossible to get a call back from anyone at the office and the staff acts annoyed when you feel like a situation is urgent.
The nurses staff that you don't see as frequently (blood draws, check in, etc) were friendly and welcoming. Nurse Practioners are friendly and nice but are left to do a lot of the explaining of test results and procedures. We were left a lot of voicemails from NPs with test results and then had a really hard time getting back in touch with them once they had left a voicemail.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
During visits the clinic is efficient and organized. They see a lot of patients which can make wait times really long. Simple tasks like getting records transferred , making an appointment, or trying to get in touch with someone about test results can be really hard and take multiple phone calls and emails before you see results.
We only paid for labs, SA, and ultrasounds which all seemed to be about average to what we paid otherplaces
Nashville
Second was diagnosis of hydrosalpinx. We had one tube removed. ... I will continue to see her until we get a positive result. My husband and I love Dr. Whitworth. ... Her bedside manner as well as appointment manner is truly remarkable. ... She has always spendt what I feel as adequate time with my husband and myself and responds to phone calls and emails in a timely manner. ...
The clinic [Nashville Fertility Center] is centrally located, secure, and respects patient privacy. It is always clean and well kept. My husband wasn’t sure what to expect for his SA but was pleasantly surprised with the quality of aids as well as the room itself. He felt a little strange going through that process but came out with a rather pleasant outlook. ... The nurses have always been very friendly and helpful. They are quick to return phone calls and emails.
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
I will continue to see her until we get a positive result. My husband and I love Dr. Whitworth. She is truly an amazing practitioner. Her bedside manner as well as appointment manner is truly remarkable. Once we started down our journey we realized that Dr. Whitworth was also the doctor that another family member used in their journey. Their experiences mimicked ours. We will always recommend her.
With all the tests that are included/needed; most of the time it’s a lot of trial and error, these processes take time so don’t forget to sit back and take a breath. If you’re really having a hard time with it join the support group that the clinic offers.
Dr. Whitworths manner is very professional and she is willing to stay and answer all of my questions. She has always spendt what I feel as adequate time with my husband and myself and responds to phone calls and emails in a timely manner. She came to my bedside and relieved nerves before we went into surgery to remove my blocked tube. It made me feel so much more comfortable knowing what we were up against (possibly losing both tubes). I have recommended her to anyone possible.
First was an HSG to determine if tubes were open, resulting in one tube open. Second was diagnosis of hydrosalpinx. We had one tube removed. Third we tried a round of clomid 100 mg cycle days 3-7. Next was three more cycles of clomid 100 mg cycle days 3-7 with an Ovidrel trigger shot after a cycle day 12-14 ovarian scan. Next will be femara and possible iui.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
The clinic is centrally located, secure, and respects patient privacy. It is always clean and well kept. My husband wasn’t sure what to expect for his SA but was pleasantly surprised with the quality of aids as well as the room itself. He felt a little strange going through that process but came out with a rather pleasant outlook.
My insurance covers nothing so we are out of pocket or “cash” pricing, the iui cost will be around $700 to $1000 depending on what kind of was we want. My ovidrel shot was around $100 and came from SMP pharmacy in Miami. I work at a hospital in the inpatient pharmacy and we have a retail pharmacy downstairs so I can get my Clomid and Femara at cost.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Front desk [at Nashville Fertility Center] is really slow. You have to put on a wrist band with your name and date of birth. I’ve never been to a doctor’s office that required that before. The x ray tech that did my ultrasound was one of the nicest person that I had ever met. She explained everything she was doing and answered all of my questions during the ultrasound.... The nurse I had did not read anything in my chart. She asked questions that she already had answers to. When Dr Hill asked for an ultrasound, the nurse asked me why and what he was looking for. Not sure why she asked as she did not perform the ultrasound. She was not really personable.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
Strong communicator. He repeats back to ensure he understands your questions. He does not speak over you. He explains things extremely well. He is honest. Does not try to sell you on something that will not work. I liked the way he explained each procedure and why it would or would not work for me and my husband.
Don’t be embarrassed of anything that you have been thru. He is there to help you have a baby.
Dr Hill was really interested in my history and was very compassionate. I went into preterm labor at 20 weeks 3 yrs ago. My son was stillborn. Less than a year later my second son was born at 24 weeks. He lived for 5 days. Within 3 months of that birth it was determined that I had an incompetent cervix. I had a TAC place to avoid preterm labor in the future. One month of surgery I was pregnant, however I lost the baby at 6 weeks. It’s been 2 yrs and I have not been able to get pregnant. I have gone thru 4 rounds of fertility treatments and 1 round of IUI and have been unable to get pregnant. Dr Hill ran all sorts of tests to make sure nothing had been missed while trying to determine why I am now unable to get pregnant. I’m nearly 41 and my only favorable option is IVF. I was glad that Dr Hill was so honest with me. He did not see the point in continuing the fertility drugs on their own.
Due to my age of 40, Dr Hill felt that IVF would be the best course of treatment. He did a great job explaining the different levels of IVF. I did not realize that there were different treatments.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Front desk is really slow. You have to put on a wrist band with your name and date of birth. I’ve never been to a doctor’s office that required that before. The x ray tech that did my ultrasound was one of the nicest person that I had ever met. She explained everything she was doing and answered all of my questions during the ultrasound.