Genetic counseling: Offered
1725 Medical Center Parkway
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
345 23rd Ave. N
Nashville, TN 37203
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Nashville Fertility Center to a friend?

We didn't know it was male factor at first, so Dr. Hill had my husband tested but also immediately put me on clomid for 5 days followed by an ovudrul shot. I did this for 3 cycles while awaiting on multiple tests from my husband. Now that we know it's male factor, we were referred to a urologist and are about to start IVF...spent as much as we needed, he drew diagrams, talked us through every step that we were going to make. He made us have hope (cautious), but still hope!
We normally see the same nurse [at Nashville Fertility Center] , but all nurses are polite, kind, and human. They take into consideration your time and emotional state... I have never been on hold for more than 1-2 minutes before, and if you leave a message, your call is normally returned within the same day, if not first thing the next morning...a meeting with Dr. Hill is about $180; tests have run us about $600...The clinic is easy to get to, has valet parking, the receptionists and bill department are very kind.
How was your experience with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Hill sits down with you and your partner, he listens to your concerns, he goes on full attack on how to get you started on your journey. He has other specialist to work with (since our infertility comes from male factor). He diagrams and gives real statistics. He offers hope but is also realistic.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
Take whatever appointment they have, Dr. Hill is busy.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Hill spent as much as we needed, he drew diagrams, talked us through every step that we were going to make. He made us have hope (cautious), but still hope!
Describe the protocols George Hill used in your cycles at Nashville Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We normally see the same nurse, but all nurses are polite, kind, and human. They take into consideration your time and emotional state.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
The clinic is easy to get to, has valet parking, the receptionists and bill department are very kind. You kind of have to take whatever appointment they have, since they are busy. It is about a 45 minute drive from where I work, but they have such a good reputation that it's worth every minute. I have never been on hold for more than 1-2 minutes before, and if you leave a message, your call is normally returned within the same day, if not first thing the next morning.
Describe the costs associated with your care under George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center.
My insurance doesn't cover any fertility treatments, so this is all out of pocket. I don't think it's too expensive; a meeting with Dr. Hill is about $180; tests have run us about $600.
Describe George Hill's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Nashville Fertility Center.
Dr. Hill suggests eSET since one healthy baby is our goal. He gave statistics that at my age (36) one embryo would be as successful as 2.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center.

Dr. Whitworth did take the time to discuss results of our failed cycle with me which I did appreciate. Questions I had that she was not able to answer she contacted the lab directly and sent me the answers. She was courteous and professional but I only met with her once throughout my 2-3 months receiving care from NFC.... I wish more thought would have gone into my particular cycle rather than getting the "cookie cutter first timer" regimen.
The nursing staff [Nashville Fertility Center] was fine. They kept open communication and for the most part were responsive. Following my retrieval I had a severe migraine and they made sure to follow up with me until complete resolution which I was appreciative of. Ellen, the US tech, was wonderful. There were other techs who were less friendly--downright cold as ice.... The clinic as a whole prefers single embryo transfer in patients 38 and younger I believe?
East Asian, Black or African-American
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
If you expect that one provider will take care of you and see you through your entire treatment, that will not occur. You will potentially be seen by all 4 providers and Dr. Eblen and Weitzman are great! There were a few hiccups with my voicemail not working but they seemed to correct most errors quickly. Do your research and have a list of questions early and don't be afraid to go through every single question!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
When trying to confirm insurance coverage of PGD testing she was clear that she did not want to rush the cycle without having an answer. She remained transparent throughout the process which as helpful. When my cycle completely failed, which we were not anticipating, she scheduled a phone conference and talked to me about some things she may do differently during a second round.
Describe the protocols Christine Whitworth used in your cycles at Nashville Fertility Center and their degree of success.
This is one issue I have, I wish more thought would have gone into my particular cycle rather than getting the "cookie cutter first timer" regimen. I received 225 of Gonal-F and this was increased to 300 when I was found to only have four follicles on day 3 of stims. I eventually caught up and went down to 225 + menopur + cetrotide. I triggered with lupron even though I was not planning a fresh transfer and there was minimal chance for OHSS. I would advocate triggering with HCG if you are not planning a fresh transfer.
The nursing staff was fine. They kept open communication and for the most part were responsive. Following my retrieval I had a severe migraine and they made sure to follow up with me until complete resolution which I was appreciative of. Ellen, the US tech, was wonderful. There were other techs who were less friendly--downright cold as ice.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
strength: Convenient last minute scheduling, Saturday clinics if necessary, pretty quick appointments weakness: issues with communication prior to being assigned an IVF nurse, cold support staff, lack of continuity of care (seeing different providers throughout)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center.
I had partial coverage with insurance and my out of pocket cost was ~8K for IVF and ~3K for medications.
Describe Christine Whitworth's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Nashville Fertility Center.
The clinic as a whole prefers single embryo transfer in patients 38 and younger I believe? Approaching 40 the number of embryos recommended for transfer increases. They prefer frozen to fresh transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
We did have an incident where a prescription was called in late to a pharmacy. This was resolved in 24-36 hrs.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center.

2019 - 2020
1 Egg Frozen
I had just turned 41 and was learning as I went that my odds were very low for viable embryos...I was very slow to stimulate with a lot of ovarian cyst complications to work around. If it wasn’t for Doctor Whitworth I would not have a viable egg now that we are so ready to transfer using a gestational carrier. Dr. Whitworth fought for me and gave my body time to do what it needed. She was a true Angel and God send to me and so was Martha! Martha, my IVF nurse walked hand and hand with me through the entire process. I didn’t always get the news I wanted but I did always get the news presented in a loving and kind way. The entire staff and all the doctors and IVF nurses at Nashville fertility are amazing! They are compassionate, caring and they are cheering for you and your future baby! I am so thankful to have had them all in my corner and I know my embryo is a miracle from God but they were the angles who helped get me one. I wish so bad I could carry my baby but I am so thankful to have found a beautiful gestational carrie
I felt very loved and welcomed and the entire staff, doctors and my amazing IVF nurse Martha became like family to me [at Nashville Fertility Center]...They are compassionate, caring and they are cheering for you and your future baby! I am so thankful to have had them all in my corner...I loved my IVF nurse Martha!!! She is was amazing and helped me so much! She was patient, compassionate, very educated and helped me so much with options and treatment and how to handle obstacles as they occurred.
2019 - 2020
1 Egg Frozen
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
I am so thankful for the opportunity to have been a patient of Doctor Whitworth! I felt very loved and welcomed and the entire staff, doctors and my amazing IVF nurse Martha became like family to me. fertility issues and treatments can be very emotional and I was older when I got to Nashville fertility. I had just turned 41 and was learning as I went that my odds were very low for viable embryos. But we all nicknamed my eggs the little eggs they could and I was very slow to stimulate with a lot of ovarian cyst complications to work around. If it wasn’t for Doctor Whitworth I would not have a viable egg now that we are so ready to transfer using a gestational carrier. Dr. Whitworth fought for me and gave my body time to do what it needed. She was a true Angel and God send to me and so was Martha! Martha, my IVF nurse walked hand and hand with me through the entire process. I didn’t always get the news I wanted but I did always get the news presented in a loving and kind way. The entire staff and all the doctors and IVF nurses at Nashville fertility are amazing! They are compassionate, caring and they are cheering for you and your future baby! I am so thankful to have had them all in my corner and I know my embryo is a miracle from God but they were the angles who helped get me one. I wish so bad I could carry my baby but I am so thankful to have found a beautiful gestational carrier and we pray for our little miracle embryo every day! Praying she is tough and can make it through all she has to make it through to be in our arms. I will forever be grateful to Dr. Whitworth and her expertise and guidance. She, personally stepped in several times when I had complications to help me get through the obstacles. As they say great leaders are able to address obstacles and adjust through to the victory and Dr. Whitworth did just that. She was able to get me to egg retrieval twice and that was after several stopped cycles. She is a truly a brilliant leader and rock star doctor!
To be patient and to express her desires and communicate your needs and fears. To rely on them to do everything they can to get you a healthy baby. To know it is going to be a very emotional journey with a lot of highs and lows but also one where you just have to keep your eye on the prize!!!!
I love Dr. Witworth and my IVF nurse Martha. I was an older patient trying to do a free-all because I have complications that make it better for me to use a gestational carrier
Dr, Whitworth was amazing because due to my auto-immune and pre -existing medical issues she had to work around a lot of my medications! She explained to me that we had 3 protocols we could try. The first one didn’t work as I didn’t stimulate at all like I needed too so we moved to the second option. This included daily injections of gonal -f and every other day HCG injection and certrotide and then double trigger shots
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Martha Goodyear was my IVF nurse )
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
I love the entire staff at Nashville fertility! They are warm and friendly and so helpful! We did encounter a fee payment issues with being a progeny insurance patient and that was the only negative thing we dealt with. They were always on time and very thorough and made me feel so welcome and they really did cheer me on the entire time.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Nashville Fertility Center.
The ultrasound techs were amazing and honestly you never had to wait long! They were kind and loving as I was having a hard time stimulating so these appointments were very important and I always felt like I was a top concern
I thankfully was able to have progeny insurance through my employer. Unfortunately none of my husbands labs or test or procedures were covered but we thankfully only had to spend 6-10k for this process which is the only way we could have done this. Unfortunately, there is nothing that covers gestational carrier and legal work so that will all be out of pocket expenses.
I unfortunately was only able to get one embryo after 2 rounds of egg retrieval. First round, they got 5 mature eggs from me and 5 fertilized and 3 grew to embryos and after genetic testing only one female was viable. We lost two other male ones. Then the second egg retrieval, they got 8 eggs , 6 fertilized and only 2 grew to embryos that we genetically tested and none came back viable so we lost two more male embryos that time. But I often thought if I got three viable embryos I would have really liked to have been able to try 2 embryos at a time. Because I am older and having to use a gestational carrier and it’s so expensive! We are not trying to figure out every way we can to pay and get our embryo here and transferred. Even exploring go fund me. So after all you have to pay to go through everything I think multiple egg transfer should be an option. I do understand that if you only have two embryo that the chances of survival are better for single embryo transfer at a time and I do understand why Dr. Whitworth only likes to do one at a time. However, I think in certain circumstances, multiple embryo transfer could be best

Endometriosis, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
She [Dr. Whitworth] has been encouraging to us throughout our treatment even when it hasn't been successful. She has a caring staff and when there have been issues with appointments or staff she has made a strong effort to make things right and quickly...I had a smooth IVF stimulation experience...She gave me a list of supplements to take ahead of time as well as my husband...She was very thorough in explaining why she would only transfer one embryo at a time which I appreciated.
For as large of a clinic it [Nashville Fertility Center] is run well. There can be long wait times but for the most part it runs smoothly. Strengths- clean, good parking, kind employees Weaknesses- can have long wait times, followup appointments are sometimes far out...I also have had to call the billing department and other areas with questions and everyone has been very kind and prompt...Everyone at the office has always been very friendly. It is just a large practice with a lot of patients.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr Whitworth explains things very well at appointments. She is very kind but if you are looking for a doctor that is bubbly she may not be the one for you. She has a very calm personality. She has been encouraging to us throughout our treatment even when it hasn't been successful. She has a caring staff and when there have been issues with appointments or staff she has made a strong effort to make things right and quickly.
I have had a good experience with her and think she does care for her patients.
I had a smooth IVF stimulation experience. My estrogen levels did get very high before retrieval but I used a Lupron trigger and had a freeze all cycle and everything ended up going well with the retrieval. I used gonal f, cetrotide, hcg & lupron. She gave me a list of supplements to take ahead of time as well as my husband.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Andie)
Andie has been my IVF NP and I cannot say enough good things about her. Since your IVF nurse is who you communicate with the most having a great one is essential. My first nurse left and I was given Andie after and she has been the best. She is so compassionate, kind and truly goes the extra mile for you. She looks you in the eye and never makes you feel rushed. She answers emails or phone calls promptly. She sits with you at your appointments and goes over everything thoroughly for as long as you need. We could use more people in healthcare like Andie! I also have had to call the billing department and other areas with questions and everyone has been very kind and prompt.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
For as large of a clinic it is run well. There can be long wait times but for the most part it runs smoothly. Strengths- clean, good parking, kind employees Weaknesses- can have long wait times, followup appointments are sometimes far out As with all healthcare, be your own advocate. Be on top of your appointments and don't hesitate to ask questions to your doctor or even the billing department.
25,000+ , IUI, IVF, FETs, additional testing
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
I had a followup phone appointment scheduled for a specific time. Somehow the scheduler overlooked it and Dr Whitworth was not made aware of our appointment. Needless to say once we talked to her she was very apologetic and even sent a follow-up email on how they were going to make sure it never happened again to another patient. She definitely tried to make things right which we appreciated.

2016 - 2019
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
It’s a large clinic. I get that but we rarely saw him [Dr. Hill]. Only for consultations and before and after surgery which he did not perform... he would show concern but would be robotic in a sense that we repeated the same thing expecting a different result. In that sense we felt like a number and not an individualized case. He would explain things well and is very medically knowledgeable but wouldn’t always be clear in where he felt we should go or what we should do next.
It [Nashville Fertility Center] is a large facility and can sometimes feel like a factory in a sense, not as personable or warm and friendly feeling. Have a large staff and appear to have significant technology... there can often be substantial waits for ultrasound rooms or for getting your blood drawn.... The nurses failed to tell me about a fibroid that showed up on a scan until a couple appointments later after discovering it and I was once scheduled for a procedure at the wrong location.
2016 - 2019
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
It’s a large clinic. I get that but we rarely saw him. Only for consultations and before and after surgery which he did not perform... he would show concern but would be robotic in a sense that we repeated the same thing expecting a different result. In that sense we felt like a number and not an individualized case. He would explain things well and is very medically knowledgeable but wouldn’t always be clear in where he felt we should go or what we should do next.
Ask what the next step is at the end of each visit.
Sometimes he would just point to a chart and say this or that and lump us in with “everyone else” and other times ask deep detailed questions trying to understand our situation.
He chose to use Femara and campus for the five cycles along with a trigger shot after ultrasound/ follicular evaluation before performing an IUI. This was related five times without any positive outcomes.
Kristin was extremely personable and friendly, positive and smiled often. The other nurses often seem in a hurry, quick to answer or want to leave the room and sometimes annoyed. They were however very thorough and explained things pretty well.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
It is a large facility and can sometimes feel like a factory in a sense, not as personable or warm and friendly feeling. Have a large staff and appear to have significant technology... there can often be substantial waits for ultrasound rooms or for getting your blood drawn.
Roughly per IUI cycle without insurance our medicated IUIs cost about $800 for ultrasounds, medications and IUI day procedures.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
I felt very discriminated against as a larger plus size woman. I showed progress in weight loss and continued improvement but that was never acknowledged when re-evaluation for procedures happened. The nurses failed to tell me about a fibroid that showed up on a scan until a couple appointments later after discovering it and I was once scheduled for a procedure at the wrong location.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Hill showed compassion and was easy to work with. He explained things in great detail and was easy to ask questions too. ... My husband had a surgery to fix a varicose seal. Waited 6 months to determine if procedure increased sperm count. Count continued to be low and vary in numbers. Proceeded with 3 failed IUIs. Took 3 cycles of Clomid and 3 cycles of Femara. Then decided to proceed with IVF/frozen transfer. Recently had our embryo transfer
Nashville Fertility Clinic has been very easy to work with. The office environment is very clean, easy to schedule appointments, never have to wait long to be seen/close to your appointment times, front desk/billing staff are very friendly and easy to work with. Clinic appears to be very organized... My nurse, Jordan, has been great to work with. She has been very organized and easy to work with. Highly recommend her!
How was your experience with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr Hill showed compassion and was easy to work with. He explained things in great detail and was easy to ask questions too. It was always easy to get schedule appointments and office was as flexible as possible. Never had to wait long at all!!
Come ready with a list of questions!
Dr Hill and Nashville Fertility Clinic has been very easy to work with. They are super organized.
Met with Nashville Fertility Clinic based on the recommendation of my PCP and my husband's urologist (low sperm count). My husband had a surgery to fix a varicose seal. Waited 6 months to determine if procedure increased sperm count. Count continued to be low and vary in numbers. Proceeded with 3 failed IUIs. Took 3 cycles of Clomid and 3 cycles of Femara. Then decided to proceed with IVF/frozen transfer. Recently had our embryo transfer last Wednesday!! Praying for positive blood test on Monday!! This has been extremely emotional time to go through and it is hard when many others don't understand what you are going through. It has been helpful to me to meet others who are going through process to discuss things with.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jordan Vaughan)
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
About $25,000-$30,000 between IUIs and IVF with frozen transfer.
Dr Hill prefers single embryo transfers.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Weitzman is a very straight forward doctor. He's a no BS person, which if you have thick skin, you'll be just fine. If you're looking for compassion, he's not your guy. He doesn't beat around the bush when it comes to changes you or your spouse need to make (losing weight, etc). With his candid nature, he gives you straight forward answers of the likelihood of success with different treatment options. He will not put you through a treatment option he doesn't feel will work.
Every time we've had testing done at the clinic [Nashville Fertility Center], we've had to wait days to get ahold of someone or to have someone call us back with results. When we're at the clinic for the tests, we've been told same day or next day we'll have results. We've always had to call ourselves to get them. The last time, we were very mislead with the positive outlook of our results - which ended up being high FSH levels in my husband resulting in the only treatment option being sperm freezing and IVF.
How was your experience with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
Be patient and have thick skin.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
With every visit, my husband and I have spent no less than 1.5 hours at the office. Our initial consult, we were there for 4 hours (on Christmas Eve!). You definitely need to be prepared to block off half your day to go see him.
Describe the protocols Glenn Weitzman used in your cycles at Nashville Fertility Center and their degree of success.
When my husband and I went for our initial consult, I was told to try a 2nd round of clomid (my gyno had me on it the previous month). We had only tested my husband's sperm once (through his GP) and he had been put on an antibiotic to clear up what he thought was an infection. Dr. Weitzman requested my husband be off his antibiotics for 3-4 weeks and to be retested. Once we did that, we were told to come back for another consult. Based on my husband's 2 sperm counts, we were told we could see a urologist (if we wanted) or he would highly recommend going straight to sperm freezing and IVF do to a high FSH level in my husband.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Andrea Sporck)
I have not personally dealt with Andrea just yet. However, I have had major issues getting test results back on time. Every test we've done through the center, we've been told we would know results same day or next day. My husband or I would have to call, and every time we would have to wait days to get those results. After we received the last sperm analysis results, one of the staff members made it seem very promising that we could easily treat my husband's high FSH level. However, once we were told we had a game plan, we were told our only option was sperm freezing and IVF. It was a huge shock to get that news after how the test results were presented on the phone.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Check in and appointment scheduling is seamless and painless. That's about the best I have to say about the clinic's strengths. The wait time for every appointment is excruciatingly long. Once you're finally taken to a room, you sit and wait even longer on a nurse or doctor to come in. If you've got time to waste, I would recommend them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center.
So far, we've only paid co-pays and sperm analysis test fees. The sperm analysis was approx $20 more than it was through my husband's GP.
Describe Glenn Weitzman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Nashville Fertility Center.
My person preference would be multiple embryo transfer. Dr. Weitzman doesn't do multiple embryo transfer. This is a concern of mine, and my husband and I are weighing our options for what the next step is (moving forward with Dr. Weitzman or finding another doctor).
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
Every time we've had testing done at the clinic, we've had to wait days to get ahold of someone or to have someone call us back with results. When we're at the clinic for the tests, we've been told same day or next day we'll have results. We've always had to call ourselves to get them. The last time, we were very mislead with the positive outlook of our results - which ended up being high FSH levels in my husband resulting in the only treatment option being sperm freezing and IVF.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. George Hill] started me off immediately on clomid 25 mg a day and also the ovidrul shot. I received ultrasonds on day 12 before the shot. We did all this before receiving full information regarding my husband's factors. Turns out, we have 100% male infertility factor, so all the drugs I took were for nothing.... He is kind and soft spoken. He was always up to date on our chart and familiar with my medical history and spoke to my husband's as well. He offered us options when we thought we had run out. He didn't keep us waiting for long and he always had appointments available at some time in the near future.
The clinic [Nashville Fertility Center- Nashville] is easy to get to and has valet parking. You do not wait long and everyone that works there is friendly and efficient. Some things seem dated, but that's ok with me. Everything is located right there, from the doctors, ultrasound, male fertility testing, etc, so you don't have to travel to get anywhere else.... They are very nice and compassionate, but efficient. They don't waste time and work on getting you in and out.
How was your experience with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
You may have to wait to get in with him and his openings are always in the middle of the day, so prepare to take off work.
He spoke to me and my husband in a gentle but honest way. He sat down at a table with us, he included his medical student and nurses in on the conversations, he was always up to date on our chart. He also told us there's always hope and miracles do happen.
He started me off immediately on clomid 25 mg a day and also the ovidrul shot. I received ultrasonds on day 12 before the shot. We did all this before receiving full information regarding my husband's factors. Turns out, we have 100% male infertility factor, so all the drugs I took were for nothing.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
The clinic is easy to get to and has valet parking. You do not wait long and everyone that works there is friendly and efficient. Some things seem dated, but that's ok with me. Everything is located right there, from the doctors, ultrasound, male fertility testing, etc, so you don't have to travel to get anywhere else.
My insurance doesn't pay for fertility, but I felt all prices were reasonable and they do offer a flat IVF cycle fee which is where we are headed in the future.

2017 - 2019
Dr. Eblen understands that infertility is stressful and is empathetic. ... I always feel like Dr. Eblen is making the best decisions for me regarding my treatment plan. She was realistic about expected outcomes. Although she has a positive outlook, she doesn't build your hopes up. She is direct and intelligent. I had a variety of exams and tests to make sure PCOS was the only issue causing my infertility yet.
NFC is very organized and I feel like there is a good system in place, especially for those going through IVF. I feel as tough the doctors and nurses are knowledgeable and I don't question their decisions in my treatment plan. ... My nurse Laurie was excellent at communicating what was expected and gave me written schedules on what do do. I am already an organized person, so I'm thankful for her attention to detail as well!
How was your experience with Abby Eblen at Nashville Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Abby Eblen at Nashville Fertility Center?
Trust the process and treatment plan that she has for you. Don't waste too much time on IUI or medicated timed intercourse cycles before considering IVF. Although the cost is high, it is the quickest way to pregnancy.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Abby Eblen at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Eblen understands that infertility is stressful and is empathetic. She makes sure all my questions are answered and is super smart.
Describe the protocols Abby Eblen used in your cycles at Nashville Fertility Center and their degree of success.
For IUI, the process was simple and I took letrozole to produce more follicles. That process was the same each of the three times I did it. For IVF, I had two cycles and chose to do PGS testing on the embryos. I had 4 embryos from the first egg retrieval, but none of them came back normal. I am young, so they thought this was bad luck. The next cycle my medication was tweaked and I was put on supplements to help with egg quality. That round I had 3 normal embryos out of 4, so I'm thankful they adjusted things for me. I haven't had the embryo transfer yet, but will in just a couple of weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Laurie Lee)
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Abby Eblen at Nashville Fertility Center.
My egg retrieval including all monitoring visits leading up to it, anesthesia, and PGS testing was $13,870 (not including medications). PGS testing is optional, but definitely worth the peace of mind. The embryo transfer including monitoring visits (not including medications) was $3,980. They bill you before egg retrieval and then again before the embryo transfer. That was nice so I don't have to pay everything up front and get refunded later if we didn't get to the embryo transfer.
Describe Abby Eblen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Nashville Fertility Center.
Since my embryos are PGS tested and normal, she advises only transferring one at a time. Due to the risk of twins, I think this is a good option.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Abby Eblen at Nashville Fertility Center.

Anovulation, PCOS, Other
Dr. Whitworth is very candid and straightforward, and I like that. She is very knowledgable and shows compassion when appropriate, however she does not coddle you. ... Dr. Whitworth started me off with Clomid to induce ovulation due to my PCOS diagnosis, and upped my dosage when I stopped responding. ... We started with timed intercourse, but when that did not work, we started doing IUI.
The staff [Nashville Fertility Center] is absolutely wonderful, however the ladies up front can sometimes seem off-put by your presence. The ladies at the front desk are not the most compassionate, but the are not cold or rigid, either. ... Dr. Whitworth explained that they are regulated by the FDA and only allowed to do single embryo transfer for women under a certain age, which I fall into. ... They [nursing staff] are prompt and efficient with responding to calls.
European, Latino
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Whitworth is very candid and straightforward, and I like that. She is very knowledgable and shows compassion when appropriate, however she does not coddle you. She answers every question I ever have, and goes into as much detail as I want to know.
Expect to meet with her staff frequently; her nurses and staff handle most every treatment. They are wonderful, but do not expect to meet with Dr. Whitworth at every appointment.
Dr. Whitworth is pretty neutral. She's not cold, but not overly warm. I genuinely like her bedside manner, but I do prefer doctors who get to the point.
Dr. Whitworth started me off with Clomid to induce ovulation due to my PCOS diagnosis, and upped my dosage when I stopped responding. When I stopped responding to the higher dosage, she switched me to Letrozole. After a while, I began taking Ovidrel injections to ensure ovulation. We started with timed intercourse, but when that did not work, we started doing IUI. The first cycle was not monitored other than at home with an OPK tests. The next 3 cycles were monitored on CD 17 at first to check for mature follicles, as my cycles are longer than 28 days. After being on the Letrozole for a few months, my cycle length shortened and I was to come in on CD 13. If there were mature follicles, we would inject Ovidrel at the office, then schedule IUI for the next day. I would take an HPT 2 weeks after the date of injection and call with results. No beta tests were ordered. After the 3rd monitored IUI with a negative test, we had a consultation again in which she ordered further bloodwork to determine if there was an underlying issue other than PCOS. Bloodwork came back stating that I am positive for antisperm antibodies, which then Dr. Whitworth recommends IVF with ICSI.
The nursing staff is wonderful and very compassionate and knowledgable. They are prompt and efficient with responding to calls.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
The staff is absolutely wonderful, however the ladies up front can sometimes seem off-put by your presence. The ladies at the front desk are not the most compassionate, but the are not cold or rigid, either.
IUI was roughly $550. Ultrasounds vary from $150-$350. Testing is between $50-$500
+ Read more- Read less

At times when I was more emotional, for example after our first transfer failed, I felt like he [Dr. Glenn Weitzman] was flippant and disregarded my feelings. At other times, like during consultations, he seemed annoyed if I tried to ask questions and disinclined to explain things in detail. He never reviewed our chart before we spoke with him and tended to keep the conversations as brief as possible. He also ran late several times.
I'd also say that overall they [Nashville Fertility Center] pressure you to do all this stuff, like PGS, but then when we decided not to, Andie was like "yeah I think that's a great decision." Andie responds really well to email but on the day we were supposed to get the results from our first transfer, I asked her to call me directly and instead she left a voicemail in my voicemail box so I didn't get it for hours. Just little things like that but that make a huge difference in overall experience.
How was your experience with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
I think Dr Weitzman is a competent doctor and knows what he's doing. He wasn't a great fit for me because I need someone more compassionate, understanding, and willing to see me and the stuff I'm going through. I'm paying a LOT of money and going through a lot of emotional turmoil and would appreciate a reciprocal effort to at least see me as a patient, not a number.
That he's a good doctor but expect to do a lot of research on your own, look out for your own best interests, and to not see a lot of compassion or warm fuzzies. He'll puts some pressure on things like PGS and other tests so if you don't do your research, you may perceive what he's saying as a requirement of the treatment plan, not an option.
At times when I was more emotional, for example after our first transfer failed, I felt like he was flippant and disregarded my feelings. At other times, like during consultations, he seemed annoyed if I tried to ask questions and disinclined to explain things in detail. He never reviewed our chart before we spoke with him and tended to keep the conversations as brief as possible. He also ran late several times.
For egg retrieval, I started on birth control, then did Gonal-F (dosage varied), HCG (only 10 units for a few days), and Lupron (I think 10 or 20 units?). I don't remember what my trigger shot was. I had close to 50 follicles and they waited an extra day or two past what my monitoring doctor said they would have done. A different doctor (Dr Hill) did my actual egg retrieval and they got 30 eggs, 25 of which were mature. We used ICSI on 12 eggs and froze the other 13. We got 5 embryos but only 4 survived the freezing process. For transfer, I asked to skip the birth control, which they agreed to and used an OPK instead. I did two estrogen patches (.01 mg) every other day for like a week and a half, then up to 3 patches, then 4. 10 units of Lupron every morning. Then about a week and a half or two weeks out from transfer started 2mL PIO once a day, which I would have continued but the first failed and the second was a chemical pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Andrea Sprock)
Andie is awesome! She let a few things fall through the cracks and I definitely still need to be my own advocate and keep track of everything in great detail, but I have no complaints about her. The entire nursing staff there is awesome and I never had a bad experience with any of them!
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
They're really good at what they do! The facility leaves something to be desired but the staff is all super competent. The billing department is no fun to talk to and makes everything kinda difficult, but the nursing staff is wonderful. They apparently have excellent success rates and it's clear this is their specialty. I'd say they could do a better job at being compassionate and understanding across the board, but they're a great clinic.
I did my monitoring at a different doctor's office because we live in Knoxville and the center is in Nashville
In total, we've spent about $30,000
This was another thing that was frustrating - Dr Weitzman absolutely refused to transfer more than 1 embryo, which I understand, but was, in my opinion, condescending in his explanation as to why and flippant as to my reasons for wanting to transfer two.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
Andie, my IVF nurse, was out of the office on one of the days I needed to get critical test results in order to know if I needed to start shots the next day. (I found out she was out because I hadn't heard from her so I emailed her and got an out of office reply message.) I had to scramble, calling the office as many times as possible, but you can never speak directly to a human, it always goes through the answering machine. I called and emailed Andie, left messages for other nurses, called my monitoring doctor, etc. It was SOOO stressful. Eventually one of the other nurses called me back (at like 6pm) but it about sent me over the edge. I'd also say that overall they pressure you to do all this stuff, like PGS, but then when we decided not to, Andie was like "yeah I think that's a great decision." Andie responds really well to email but on the day we were supposed to get the results from our first transfer, I asked her to call me directly and instead she left a voicemail in my voicemail box so I didn't get it for hours. Just little things like that but that make a huge difference in overall experience.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center.

Male Factor, Other
Dr. Montville cares. The first thing he said to me when we met was “Tell me your story”. I was so emotional after so many years of “unexplained” infertility and no answers, I cried but I was relieved instantly because I knew I mattered now. ... He called me on a Saturday to address a concern I had so I wouldn’t worry all weekend. He is super kind and very caring. ...
The consult is only $50 with no insurance OR free as a second opinion with records from previous RE. ... The lab techs [Nashville Fertility Center] were great, although I think they have moved the lab out of the location. And the embryologist, Jennifer, is very kind and funny. She is so patient and spoke with me on the phone AND called my husband to go over all the same information again. ...The clinic is clean, fancy, and small but in a cozy, familiar way. It is Very private. You don’t have babies all around you.
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Christopher Montville at Nashville Fertility Center?
He doesn’t talk to you like you’re stupid. He knows by the time you are seeing him that you have learned at least the basics. Compared to another RE who wanted to start by explaining my anatomy. He called me on a Saturday to address a concern I had so I wouldn’t worry all weekend. He is super kind and very caring. He was worth the wait to get into his practice and if you have to spend a lot of money because your insurance doesn’t cover fertility, you might as well pay him!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christopher Montville at Nashville Fertility Center?
Be confident in going to him because he will ease your anxieties and give you new hope.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christopher Montville at Nashville Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Christopher Montville used in your cycles at Nashville Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I haven’t started yet. We discovered male factor issues but he also thoroughly tested my thyroid and although it was normal, he discovered a link between the T4 and “unexplained infertility”. As soon as I started the tiny dose of levothyroxin all of my pre-menstrual spotting vanished. Happy day! We are preparing for an IUI.
Amazing. The lab techs were great, although I think they have moved the lab out of the location. And the embryologist, Jennifer, is very kind and funny. She is so patient and spoke with me on the phone AND called my husband to go over all the same information again. Bless her!
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
The clinic is clean, fancy, and small but in a cozy, familiar way. It is Very private. You don’t have babies all around you. No weaknesses that I am aware of; I did about have a heart attack on the first visit from my emotional state when the nurse handed me the folder with the most gorgeous folder of a newborn. Took my breath away. I really wasn’t prepared for that but I took it as a good sign. :)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christopher Montville at Nashville Fertility Center.
The consult is only $50 with no insurance OR free as a second opinion with records from previous RE. Many blood tests he ran were able to be filed to my insurance but with no fertility coverage, I typically have to save for tests and visits. I never want to owe him money. I always like to be paid up. So far I think the pricing has been very fair.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Christopher Montville at Nashville Fertility Center.

[Dr. Weitzman's] bedside manner is not exactly warm and he is very straight forward in his approach which i didn't mind but if you want someone that is going to soften a blow he is not going to do that. He spent a good deal of time with us at our first appointment but after that was rarely able to see us or explain anything in detail and left that to his nurses and NPs who, when left to explain more complicated situations (male factor infertility in our case), really dropped the ball and presented situations as way more dire and with less possible outcomes then were truly available and left us in a panic. We chose not to continue IVF with Dr. Weitzman so i cant speak to how he handles communications and situations in the thick of treatment. I believe that overall Dr Weitzman is a great doctor but the busyness of his clinic coupled with the rest of the staff (front desk, nursing, etc) makes you feel like you are a number rather than an actual person.
The nurses staff that you don't see as frequently (blood draws, check in, etc) were friendly and welcoming. Nurse Practioners [at Nashville Fertility Center] are friendly and nice but are left to do a lot of the explaining of test results and procedures. We were left a lot of voicemails from NPs with test results and then had a really hard time getting back in touch with them once they had left a voicemail...We were told that both of my husbands semen samples had no sperm however we later found our from our urologist that they found 1 mature mobile sperm in our second sample which he said was much better than none. It took us multiple phone calls and emails to get records transferred to our urologist and then again to our new clinic and the second set of records was never sent and eventually had to be transferred to me so that i had them for any further use since we continued to have such a hard time getting records sent.
How was your experience with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr Weitzman is a great doctor and he is very knowledgable. His bedside manner is not exactly warm and he is very straight forward in his approach which i didn't mind but if you want someone that is going to soften a blow he is not going to do that. He spent a good deal of time with us at our first appointment but after that was rarely able to see us or explain anything in detail and left that to his nurses and NPs who, when left to explain more complicated situations (male factor infertility in our case), really dropped the ball and presented situations as way more dire and with less possible outcomes then were truly available and left us in a panic. We chose not to continue IVF with Dr. Weitzman so i cant speak to how he handles communications and situations in the thick of treatment. I believe that overall Dr Weitzman is a great doctor but the busyness of his clinic coupled with the rest of the staff (front desk, nursing, etc) makes you feel like you are a number rather than an actual person.
Make sure you establish a line of communication from the beginning and advocate for yourself or you may not get the time and treatment you deserve. If you want him to call with results of big tests make sure you establish that up front and ask to speak with him when you don't fully understand something that is being communicated from another staff member (RN, NP, PA).
We received some news from a nurse practitioner which she said would make it nearly impossible for us to have our own children but that she wasn't entirely sure how to interpret the results and offered to make an appointment for us in 5 weeks to talk to our doctor. It is almost impossible to get a call back from anyone at the office and the staff acts annoyed when you feel like a situation is urgent.
The nurses staff that you don't see as frequently (blood draws, check in, etc) were friendly and welcoming. Nurse Practioners are friendly and nice but are left to do a lot of the explaining of test results and procedures. We were left a lot of voicemails from NPs with test results and then had a really hard time getting back in touch with them once they had left a voicemail.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
During visits the clinic is efficient and organized. They see a lot of patients which can make wait times really long. Simple tasks like getting records transferred , making an appointment, or trying to get in touch with someone about test results can be really hard and take multiple phone calls and emails before you see results.
We only paid for labs, SA, and ultrasounds which all seemed to be about average to what we paid otherplaces
+ Read more- Read less
Second was diagnosis of hydrosalpinx. We had one tube removed. ... I will continue to see her until we get a positive result. My husband and I love Dr. Whitworth. ... Her bedside manner as well as appointment manner is truly remarkable. ... She has always spendt what I feel as adequate time with my husband and myself and responds to phone calls and emails in a timely manner. ...
The clinic [Nashville Fertility Center] is centrally located, secure, and respects patient privacy. It is always clean and well kept. My husband wasn’t sure what to expect for his SA but was pleasantly surprised with the quality of aids as well as the room itself. He felt a little strange going through that process but came out with a rather pleasant outlook. ... The nurses have always been very friendly and helpful. They are quick to return phone calls and emails.
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
I will continue to see her until we get a positive result. My husband and I love Dr. Whitworth. She is truly an amazing practitioner. Her bedside manner as well as appointment manner is truly remarkable. Once we started down our journey we realized that Dr. Whitworth was also the doctor that another family member used in their journey. Their experiences mimicked ours. We will always recommend her.
With all the tests that are included/needed; most of the time it’s a lot of trial and error, these processes take time so don’t forget to sit back and take a breath. If you’re really having a hard time with it join the support group that the clinic offers.
Dr. Whitworths manner is very professional and she is willing to stay and answer all of my questions. She has always spendt what I feel as adequate time with my husband and myself and responds to phone calls and emails in a timely manner. She came to my bedside and relieved nerves before we went into surgery to remove my blocked tube. It made me feel so much more comfortable knowing what we were up against (possibly losing both tubes). I have recommended her to anyone possible.
First was an HSG to determine if tubes were open, resulting in one tube open. Second was diagnosis of hydrosalpinx. We had one tube removed. Third we tried a round of clomid 100 mg cycle days 3-7. Next was three more cycles of clomid 100 mg cycle days 3-7 with an Ovidrel trigger shot after a cycle day 12-14 ovarian scan. Next will be femara and possible iui.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
The clinic is centrally located, secure, and respects patient privacy. It is always clean and well kept. My husband wasn’t sure what to expect for his SA but was pleasantly surprised with the quality of aids as well as the room itself. He felt a little strange going through that process but came out with a rather pleasant outlook.
My insurance covers nothing so we are out of pocket or “cash” pricing, the iui cost will be around $700 to $1000 depending on what kind of was we want. My ovidrel shot was around $100 and came from SMP pharmacy in Miami. I work at a hospital in the inpatient pharmacy and we have a retail pharmacy downstairs so I can get my Clomid and Femara at cost.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Front desk [at Nashville Fertility Center] is really slow. You have to put on a wrist band with your name and date of birth. I’ve never been to a doctor’s office that required that before. The x ray tech that did my ultrasound was one of the nicest person that I had ever met. She explained everything she was doing and answered all of my questions during the ultrasound.... The nurse I had did not read anything in my chart. She asked questions that she already had answers to. When Dr Hill asked for an ultrasound, the nurse asked me why and what he was looking for. Not sure why she asked as she did not perform the ultrasound. She was not really personable.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
Strong communicator. He repeats back to ensure he understands your questions. He does not speak over you. He explains things extremely well. He is honest. Does not try to sell you on something that will not work. I liked the way he explained each procedure and why it would or would not work for me and my husband.
Don’t be embarrassed of anything that you have been thru. He is there to help you have a baby.
Dr Hill was really interested in my history and was very compassionate. I went into preterm labor at 20 weeks 3 yrs ago. My son was stillborn. Less than a year later my second son was born at 24 weeks. He lived for 5 days. Within 3 months of that birth it was determined that I had an incompetent cervix. I had a TAC place to avoid preterm labor in the future. One month of surgery I was pregnant, however I lost the baby at 6 weeks. It’s been 2 yrs and I have not been able to get pregnant. I have gone thru 4 rounds of fertility treatments and 1 round of IUI and have been unable to get pregnant. Dr Hill ran all sorts of tests to make sure nothing had been missed while trying to determine why I am now unable to get pregnant. I’m nearly 41 and my only favorable option is IVF. I was glad that Dr Hill was so honest with me. He did not see the point in continuing the fertility drugs on their own.
Due to my age of 40, Dr Hill felt that IVF would be the best course of treatment. He did a great job explaining the different levels of IVF. I did not realize that there were different treatments.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Front desk is really slow. You have to put on a wrist band with your name and date of birth. I’ve never been to a doctor’s office that required that before. The x ray tech that did my ultrasound was one of the nicest person that I had ever met. She explained everything she was doing and answered all of my questions during the ultrasound.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr. he’ll [Hill] used a lot of test to come up with a plan for me and we were supposed to start IVF however I wanted to wait and try a natural route. Since we went that way we ended up on Metformin And I ended up with a list of vitamins that I needed to take to help my body be as fertile as possible ... He was always so patient in our meetings ... I would recommend him because he truly values his patients and wants to help everyone achieve the overall goal of beating in fertility.
Some of the strengths of this clinic [Nashville Fertility Center] is they work with you with your schedule and trying to get you in in a timely manner they also are very punctual and patient. One of the downfalls is sometimes it takes a little bit for them to get back to you when you do have certain questions that you have called over the phone or if you leave a message for them to email you something sometimes they don’t get all the information emailed to you so you have to call again to get things done.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
George he’ll take his time to go over your game plan. If there is a lot of information he also takes the time to go into individual details about what things you need to do in each step of the process. As a patient of always hated male gynecologist even specialist but he has made me feel so at ease as a patient that it does not bother me that he is a male.
If you have a lot of issues and you want answers and someone to believe you that something is going on I would highly suggest George Hill because I told him all of my issues and the very first meeting he literally put me through every test to find out what was going on. I would recommend him because he truly values his patients and wants to help everyone achieve the overall goal of beating in fertility.
He was always so patient in our meetings even when I came with literally 46 questions after our very first meeting. He also was patient as I cried when I found out I had endometriosis.
Dr. he’ll used a lot of test to come up with a plan for me and we were supposed to start IVF however I wanted to wait and try a natural route. Since we went that way we ended up on Metformin And I ended up with a list of vitamins that I needed to take to help my body be as fertile as possible and that was the only medicines I really wanted to get into and I never really got to start the full IVF process because I decided that the money was too much. Now in my current new plan I will be starting medications to do the Iui Process but I have not got that information as of yet
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Michelle )
She has been nothing but helpful in getting information to me in a timely manner as well as she is patient and understanding as well
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Some of the strengths of this clinic is they work with you with your schedule and trying to get you in in a timely manner they also are very punctual and patient. One of the downfalls is sometimes it takes a little bit for them to get back to you when you do have certain questions that you have called over the phone or if you leave a message for them to email you something sometimes they don’t get all the information emailed to you so you have to call again to get things done. But overall the staff and clinic is very awesome
Currently I am around $4000.00 for everything that has been done. Surgery, doctor visits, medications.
Dr. Hill said from the very beginning that he only transfers one embryo because a lot of study show that transferring multiple embryos Does not hold real value of it working any better than one embryo. So he he truly is a firm believer in one embryo but he did say that he may would do two under certain circumstances but in my case it was definitely be just one so that something you will have to talk with him about if you know that you want more than one embryo transferred then you might would want to look for another doctor
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Whitworth has a sweet, understanding personality yet she is to the point. She knows my fear of certain procedures ... and yet she takes her time to make sure I’m comfortable before proceeding. She constantly asks how I am doing and if I’m ok. She takes her time and doesn’t rush. ... After failed cycles, she wouldn’t push us to do anything and let us decide what step was best for us.
I was able to get my monitoring visits at times available to my schedule. ... Our IVF cycle (not including medicines) was around $18,000 which included PGS testing, retrieval, and one FET. ... A strength that NFC has is they have lots of staff members with exceptional knowledge from billing, insurance, nurses to doctors. One weakness is that the office is very busy but at the same time they do their best to accommodate each patient and their needs.
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Whitworth has a sweet, understanding personality yet she is to the point. She knows my fear of certain procedures (stitch before FET) and yet she takes her time to make sure I’m comfortable before proceeding. She constantly asks how I am doing and if I’m ok. She takes her time and doesn’t rush.
Be honest and upfront with Dr. Whitworth because she will be understanding of your needs no matter what they are.
She took the time to go over the details in our initial consultation. She went over our options - clomid, IUIs, IVF and diagnostic testing. After failed cycles, she wouldn’t push us to do anything and let us decide what step was best for us.
After initial work up, Dr. Whitworth tried a cycle of clomid and a cycle of letrozole both ended up with negative pregnancy tests. She wanted to start out slow to try and figure out my body/responses. She ordered an HSG to check my tubes trying to see if there was any problems. She then tried 3 cycles of IUIs with clomid also resulting in negative pregnancy tests. We then decided to do IVF since more IUIs wouldn’t be as successful. I responded great to the stimulation/medicines (Follistim, Ganirelix, Menopur and Lupron) and retrieval was easier than expected. She was able to do our last FET and stitch/dilation needed for FET.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kim)
Our nurse Kim was/is such a blessing to us. I am the type where I have lots of questions because I want to know more details, next steps, what to expect, etc. Every question I asked, she had an answer and eased my mind. She is very knowledgeable, caring, and understanding. I never felt rushed with her at any point. I am able to communicate with her easily and her response is fast. She truly cares about her patients.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
I was able to get my monitoring visits at times available to my schedule.

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Whitworth was very nice during our original consultation. She stated that most couples conceive within 3 medicated cycles. Sadly that was not the case for us. At times she would seem compassionate but other times I felt like she had forgotten about me or was irritated that treatments weren't working.... First we did several rounds of clomid and trigger shot but my lining was too thin. Then several of femara and trigger shot with no luck. A few times my ultrasound got scheduled too late and I developed cysts so I had to be put on progesterone bc pills and be out until they went away. I had one positive pregnanxy cycle but hcg was very low. I was put immediately on progesterone but numbers kept lowering. I did a total of 5-6 cycles of iui with femara and trigger shot.
Some nurses [at Nashville Fertility Center-Nashville] were nice, some treated you like a number. When i had my chemical pregnancy they called and said good news! Your hcg is almost gone, which I wasn't expecting. They were not careful with their words at all.... Way too many people served there. Never received calls back in a timely manner. Always had to call myself.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Be sure to ask questions.
Some nurses were nice, some treated you like a number. When i had my chemical pregnancy they called and said good news! Your hcg is almost gone, which I wasn't expecting. They were not careful with their words at all.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Strengths for NFC: close location to my home, nice building, access, and parking Weaknesses for NFC: too many patients, poor communication, you feel like you have no hope and they certainly don't give any to you
Ultrasounds were a little over $100 apiece, hcg shot was about $100 as well. Iui was $500.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
I've mentioned most already. They never called back and I always had to call them for results. They weren't concerned when I was very newly pregnant ( ended in chemical) and I was having severe back pain.
+ Read more- Read less

6 IUI, 3 IVF, Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor
Dr. Whitworth oversaw several IUIs for my husband and I. The clinic nurse, a different one every time, performed the IUIs. They did not write information down about what size speculum to use, so be sure to ask them to makes notes in case you have to repeat the experience. We tried Femara and the IUI...did not make me feel important or that she cared about our case. I feel like she focused on my numbers and did not see me as a person with feelings and concerns. We waited for two or three hours to see her on our first appointment at her clinic and no one came out to tell us that there was any reason (we had waited three months for this appointment). It was a very frustrating first visit to this clinic.
This clinic [Nashville Fertility Center] needs to work on their professionalism and care coordination...Strengths: you can get monitored early in the morning in the case that you need to get to work. There is valet parking outside. The clinic is easy to find. Weaknesses: The ultrasound experience was painful and harsh. The office lost my file on one occasion. The billing department was inconsistent.
6 IUI, 3 IVF, Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
This doctor was very busy and not present during our visit in such a way I do not think that she thought that our case was very important. I translated that to mean that she didn't think that our chance of success was very high. Her delivery of information was harsh to my husband. She never made eye contact with my husband in the first meeting, which made him feel very unimportant.
Have you thought of trying other clinics or other doctors?
Dr. Whitworth did not make me feel important or that she cared about our case. I feel like she focused on my numbers and did not see me as a person with feelings and concerns. We waited for two or three hours to see her on our first appointment at her clinic and no one came out to tell us that there was any reason (we had waited three months for this appointment). It was a very frustrating first visit to this clinic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Andrea)
Failed to return calls, lost results, were not compassionate to me in the clinic with our interactions.
6-7,000
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
This clinic needs to work on their professionalism and care coordination.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
I have always felt like she [Dr. Christine Whitworth] was my partner in trying to reach this goal of having a child. Every step of the way she's supported me, listened and taken into consideration my situation, sometimes lack of funds and emotional well-being as we continue to move forward.... First did unmedicated IUI. Next we did a round of IVF with Gonal F and my resulting 2 embryos were chromosomally abnormal. I then did an FSH IUI with Follistem + Novarel + Ovidrel. First try with 1st donor was a BFN. Second try with 2nd donor was a BFP but baby's heartbeat was gone at 7w2d (likely chromosome issue again like IVF results) because it was awful trying to complete miscarriage (embryo was happy to hang around).
They [Nashville Fertility Center] generally run on time but there are times of extended waits for a scheduled appointment. That being said, when I needed to go in for last minute blood work or an u/s that was unscheduled they ALWAYS worked me in and honored my request to come in. Biggest weakness I'd have to say is having to leave messages for the nurses and them calling back later. It often ends up in a game of phone tag and you don't get to talk it through.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Infertility is a world of taking chances and hoping to hit the lucky combination. It is t fair to look to a doctor to have all of the answers, they can only give you the options. We've explored many options from IUI to IVF to FSH IUI. Sometimes it looks like it will work and it doesn't. Sometimes it feels like nothing is different but then you see a line getting darker on a pregnancy. Sometimes a heartbeat is there one week and gone the next. None of this hangs on Dr. Whitworth's shoulders or assessments, not does it fall on my body. Getting and staying pregnant is a shooting star and we're all just hoping to take a ride on one. Dr. Whitworth has always championed me and my options in this journey and I will see this through with her by my side.
Expect the unexpected and don't have expectations or a timeline. Specifically, she will advocate for you so advocate for yourself and she will support you.
I have always felt like she was my partner in trying to reach this goal of having a child. Every step of the way she's supported me, listened and taken into consideration my situation, sometimes lack of funds and emotional well-being as we continue to move forward.
First did unmedicated IUI. Next we did a round of IVF with Gonal F and my resulting 2 embryos were chromosomally abnormal. I then did an FSH IUI with Follistem + Novarel + Ovidrel. First try with 1st donor was a BFN. Second try with 2nd donor was a BFP but baby's heartbeat was gone at 7w2d (likely chromosome issue again like IVF results) because it was awful trying to complete miscarriage (embryo was happy to hang around). Thought IVF would be best way to guarantee multiple embryos but proved that my diminished egg count is also matched with poor egg quality.
Everyone is very helpful, compassionate, supportive and capable.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
They generally run on time but there are times of extended waits for a scheduled appointment. That being said, when I needed to go in for last minute blood work or an u/s that was unscheduled they ALWAYS worked me in and honored my request to come in. Biggest weakness I'd have to say is having to leave messages for the nurses and them calling back later. It often ends up in a game of phone tag and you don't get to talk it through.
$$$$$. 16,000 for retrieval, 7,000 for transfer (that never happened, I think 90% was refunded). $500 per IUI procedure, approx $3,000 per FSH IUI all in with meds + donor sperm. $500 for initial visit. $500 for genetic testing.
No applicable.
+ Read more- Read less

This is a big clinic [Nashville Fertility Center], you’re not going to get as much doctor time as a smaller clinic. I don’t mind this, but I think it’s personal preference. If you prefer seeing your doctor at every appt. this is not the place for you. I do get to ask all my questions when I meet with Dr. Eblen and I’m always able to call the nurses line if I have more questions. They always call me back.... The ultrasounds are $190 I believe, blood tests were around $100, the IUI process including my husband’s sperm washing is around $500
How was your experience with Abby Eblen at Nashville Fertility Center?
I really like Dr. Eblen. She communicates well although quickly. She’s very busy, but she will make time to answer all your questions. She’s kind and sympathetic. I like that she was much more aggressive in treatments than my previous doctor which is important because of my age. What I don’t like about Dr. Eblen is that she moves a bit too quickly because she’s so busy. I also don’t like that she does not perform the IUIs herself, but I know it’s because it’s a larger clinic and they just don’t have the time.
Write down your questions so you make sure you get them all answered because she moves very quickly
She’s personable and kind, but also straightforward and talks and moves quickly through information.
I started IUIs immediately with Dr. Eblen because my last doctor spent too much time on just clomid & femara and timed intercourse. I started last March the first IUI, I switched doctors as I was taking the last round of clomid with my last doctor so we tried the IUI then. It did not work. Dr. Eblen changed my medication to an increased dose of femara and injection of ovidrel. The second IUI worked, but resulted in miscarriage. We tried a third IUI with the same procedure and it did not work. We are trying one more time with the same protocols and then reevaluating things if it does not work again.
Most of the nurses are great, very kind and compassionate and informative. Of course there are some that are not as compassionate and not as personable.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
This is a big clinic, you’re not going to get as much doctor time as a smaller clinic. I don’t mind this, but I think it’s personal preference. If you prefer seeing your doctor at every appt. this is not the place for you. I do get to ask all my questions when I meet with Dr. Eblen and I’m always able to call the nurses line if I have more questions. They always call me back. I am not to the IVF stage in treatment yet so I don’t have much information on that. That will be our next step if our last IUI does not work. Overall I like how this clinic works. I can always get my questions answered and any information I want. For how big the clinic is I surprising do not ever have to wait a long time at appointments.
Unfortunately our insurance does not cover any costs related to fertility. The ultrasounds are $190 I believe, blood tests were around $100, the IUI process including my husband’s sperm washing is around $500
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Eblen is super sweet. She listens to every statement or question that you ask. You can tell that she is compassionate about helping people get pregnant. She explains in detail in a way that you can clearly understand... She educated us that they only transfer one single embryo that has the best chance of survival. I prefer a single embryo over multiple.
I felt like a human because the staff [at Nashville Fertility Center] are super friendly. Every time I got emotional due to diagnosis they comforted me. They were hopeful for me. I love that when you walk in they immediately greet you and give you a wrist band. They also have christian values which are important to me.
How was your experience with Abby Eblen at Nashville Fertility Center?
The one piece of advice i would give is to ALWAYS leave a message if you dont get answer on the phone. They are busy and messages are the best way to contact them.
I felt like a human because the staff are super friendly. Every time I got emotional due to diagnosis they comforted me. They were hopeful for me. I love that when you walk in they immediately greet you and give you a wrist band. They also have christian values which are important to me.
She did a transvaginal ultrasound to look at my uterus, ovaries and follicles. She then felt because my periods are regular that doing IUI without medication assistant was best.
The nursing staff are all very friendly and informative. However, sometimes the communication between themselves could use improvement. I also think they should make it easier to contact them for payments etc. Besides that this is an awesome clinic and I refer everyone to them.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
the clinics strengths: friendly, informative, compassionate, knowledgeable and caring. They love what they do and you can tell. Clinics weaknesses: trying to reach them via phone can be tasking at times.
the cost is pretty typical for fertility treatments
+ Read more- Read less

Wonderful experience all around [with Dr. George Hill]! Was willing to listen to me and adjust the plan accordingly. Even when faced with what I felt was a brick wall he adjusted the plan and was willing to work with us to be successful. He answered all of our questions and was always patient with us...he is a wonderful doctor and very knowledgeable with great bedside manner!!
I was planning to transfer multiple embryo [at Nashville Fertility Center] but was encouraged d/t embryo staging that one would be best option...Strengths: Communication, Compassion, Wonderful bedside manner, VERY organized process, short wait time when at the office, very thorough, flexible to change, very inclusive, all the staff are friendly and helpful Weakness: NONE!
How was your experience with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
Wonderful experience all around! Was willing to listen to me and adjust the plan accordingly. Even when faced with what I felt was a brick wall he adjusted the plan and was willing to work with us to be successful. He answered all of our questions and was always patient with us.
Feel confident going into it because he is a wonderful doctor and very knowledgeable with great bedside manner!!
Very compassionate and everyone at the office was friendly and welcoming. Nurse practitioner Tina was wonderful! She would also get back to me the day I contacted her and would spend as much time as I needed answering questions and discussing the plan.
FET - estrogen patches combined with estrace and Lupron to build uterine lining. When lining didn't respond trialed Neupogen then decided to move forward as planned with FET. Started Progesterone injections and then added Crinone gel when progesterone was not high enough.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Tina)
LOVE TINA!!! She was wonderful during the whole experience. Always took time to listen and was so compassionate especially when things didn't go as planned. She always returned my calls. I never felt that I wasn't heard at this office which is HUGE in this process. I cant say enough wonderful things about Tina!
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Since transferred embryos and oocytes from another clinic costs did increase d/t the thawing process of the embryos (day 1). Otherwise reasonable costs and comparable to other clinics.
I was planning to transfer multiple embryo but was encouraged d/t embryo staging that one would be best option.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Whitworth is a very busy doctor but she still takes time to explain everything clearly. She has a good bedside manor, but is not an emotional doctor. She is straight business, to some that may make them feel like more of a number but that just is her personality...She is very smart and truly does care about the care she gives and the nurses in the office call her the "endometriosis queen"- and she is!
I have been nothing but impressed with the nursing staff at the Murfreesboro office [of Nashville Fertility Center]. They have all been amazing!...They [nurses] are very very busy but they manage the patient load well. The clinic is small, but I believe that they are getting a new office in the near future...Dr. Whitworth is a very busy doctor but she still takes time to explain everything clearly. She has a good bedside manor, but is not an emotional doctor.
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
She is very informative and explains all options based on your diagnoses and will let you decide what you feel best for you and your body. She is all business and is not an emotional doctor. It took me a while to get use to this, as I am an emotional person. I did have to have surgery as well with Dr. Whitworth for endometriosis and I feel just took the best care and did the absolute best surgery. They do have a lot of patients, so until you see her a few times and get really established, it takes her a bit to put all the pieces of your history back together- that has been the only frustrating part to my husband and I. But, we have now been treated by her for over 1 year and this is not an issue now. Overall, we have been very happy with her and would recommend her to others.
Patience, even though it is SO hard!!! Fertility is such a variable practice of medicine and has to be specifically tailored to each person and sometimes, the answers take a while to uncover and sometimes, there are no answers, which is the most frustrating part of infertility.
Dr. Whitworth is a very busy doctor but she still takes time to explain everything clearly. She has a good bedside manor, but is not an emotional doctor. She is straight business, to some that may make them feel like more of a number but that just is her personality. It did take me a bit to get use to this quality, as I am more of an emotional person. She is very smart and truly does care about the care she gives and the nurses in the office call her the "endometriosis queen"- and she is!
I had a miscarriage the first month of trying in October of 2016. I switched OBGYN early 2017 and he sent me to Dr. Whitworth - in June of 2017 I had HSG done and my tubes were clear. In Sep we started Clomid- I developed a large cysts and the cycle failed. I then did 3 rounds of Femara. 2 of those rounds, I was able to do a trigger shot to release my egg/eggs. The other round, the follicle was too large and we were not able to do trigger shot. In Feb 2018, I started even more of an increase in pain with periods and had an ultrasound that showed possible endometriomas on both of my ovaries. I did 2 rounds of Lupron and then had surgery in June 2018 for endometriosis. I was diagnosed with stage 4 endo. Dr.Whitworth now wants us to try on our own for 3-4 months and then will will try medicated if I do not get pregnant before then. Dr. Whitworth gave us about a 35% of conceiving on our own. If we are not able to do so, we will start IVF next year.
I have been nothing but impressed with the nursing staff at the Murfreesboro office. They have all been amazing!
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
They are very very busy but they manage the patient load well. The clinic is small, but I believe that they are getting a new office in the near future. I have been impressed with the Murfreesboro office.
We have been lucky, our insurance has picked up most of the ultrasounds as well as the surgery. We have had to come out of pocket for all medication, consultations and testing for my husband.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Other
Ellen [nurse at Nashville Fertility Center] is amazing! She was always very organized, prompt at getting back to me through email or phone calls and very caring and compassionate...The costs were in line with other fertility clinics in the area...I was very pleased with the safety protocols in place with the staff double checking everything every step along the way for every visit I had. I always felt cared about and like my success mattered to everyone involved in my treatment.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Whitworth was very personable from the get go and we felt that she was both encouraging and realistic. My husband and I went in to our journey at NFC knowing that we had both female and male factor issues. Dr. Whitworth spent time with us answering all of our questions and presenting the facts in a realistic but positive manner. She referred us to an amazing doctor to perform my husband's sperm harvesting and followed up with his doctor and us to check on how it went. When my first HSG showed a possible unicornate uterus, Dr. Whitworth took the time to explain things to me and performed a follow up HSG to be sure of the diagnosis. After our first injectable cycle did not give us the results we had hoped for, Dr. Whitworth spent time with us going over our options and giving us the realistic facts of what would give us the best chance at success. We ended up deciding to use donor sperm with an IUI since my body was not responding well and was only producing a few follicles. Dr. Whitworth never hesitated to spend time answering my many questions and always made me feel like I mattered to her. I had full confidence in her ability and trusted her decisions and recommendations. We were successful on our third cycle with Dr. Whitworth and when we got our positive result, Dr. Whitworth celebrated with us.
I would encourage anyone that is going in to meet with Dr. Whitworth to come in with questions that they have and to also have an open mind to hear what Dr. Whitworth's suggestions and recommendations are for the best course of treatment.
Dr. Whitworth consistently took the time to meet with us and listen to our concerns. She always answered all of my questions and never made me feel as if I was wasting her time or that my questions were not important. She celebrated our success with us when I did have a positive outcome but she also made a personal phone call to me on multiple occasions when things were not going as planned.
First cycle - Planning on IVF with ICSI - Used Gonal F (225 am and pm), Menopur (75 am and pm) and Lupron (20 am and pm) - monitoring did not show significant follicles (only 2 measurable with one below trigger size) - options were to cancel, continue with retrieval or switch to IUI with donor sperm - switched to IUI with donor sperm and cycle was not successful Second cycle - Plan on IUI with donor sperm - Femara 5mg days 3-7 - one follicle but on right side where I do not have a fallopian tube Third cycle - Plan on IUI with donor sperm - Gonal F (150 am and pm) - 3 measurable follicles all on the left- IUI - positive beta resulting in a full term birth of one baby
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Ellen)
Ellen is amazing! She was always very organized, prompt at getting back to me through email or phone calls and very caring and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
The costs were in line with other fertility clinics in the area.

1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Male Factor, Other
Dr. Hill has been doing this type of medicine since the year I was born. He is very knowledgable. He showed compassion during the miscarriage we suffered after our first FET. Always made sure that it's fine to be sad. I only saw him for my consultation appointment, when we transferred and then for our weekly ultrasounds.We never waited long for him to come to our room and was very attentive to our plan and what was going on.
Strength is that they [Nashville Fertility Center] for the most part have friendly staff.... My IVF nurse, Tina, called after hours, as late as 7 or 8 at night just to check in, relay lab results and talk about medication dosing changes because she knows as a nurse I am unable to talk while on the clock.... hey have various appt. times through the day which make it nice to get the earliest and get to work only missing 30 minutes. Weakness is that they are busy so sometimes it seems like you can be just a number, especially during your stim cycle. The main ultrasound tech is not the most sympathetic. She does not show you what she is looking at or measuring and just rushes to get on to the next one.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Hill has been doing this type of medicine since the year I was born. He is very knowledgable. He showed compassion during the miscarriage we suffered after our first FET. Always made sure that it's fine to be sad. I only saw him for my consultation appointment, when we transferred and then for our weekly ultrasounds. We never waited long for him to come to our room and was very attentive to our plan and what was going on. My only negative was after our miscarriage he told us we would transfer about 6 months earlier then when we actually will transfer again. In the grand scheme 6 months is not tons but when you are at this stage of trying to have a baby you are just to ready for a successful cycle.
He is old, sweet but make sure you have your questions written down before meeting with him. He is a very smooth talker and reassures you he has a plan which totally makes you forget all the questions you came in having.
My IVF nurse, Tina, called after hours, as late as 7 or 8 at night just to check in, relay lab results and talk about medication dosing changes because she knows as a nurse I am unable to talk while on the clock. Dr. Hill was always very sweet, asked if we had questions and was very cautious with our baby as our beta hcg did not climb as it was suppose to. As my husband and I always try to look at the positive Dr. Hill always reminded me it is fine not to be ok after a miscarriage and it is fine to grieve the loss of your child. While we were waiting to start the "natural miscarry" process Tina would call and check in all the time to see how it was going, make sure I was not worried, I was staying well hydrated and that once it started I was feeling ok. They are easy to get ahold of, always return calls and emails day of.
I used an antagonist protocol as I am 26, great AMH level, very fertile, not having any known issues or previous OB history. I took Gonal-F, cetrotide and Menopur. With the fear of OHSS we used 80 units of Lupron as my trigger which was great because we were already freezing all for PGS testing. I felt well on the medication and grew 30 mature follicles.
I love my primary nurse. She is great at communicating, calls to check in on how we are doing and looks at our chart in between visits to keep up to date and see if there is anything else we should be doing in the meantime. The girls who do the lab draws are great, they have never missed my vein. Ultrasound tech, slightly older but she is their main girl is on a bad note with us. Our HCG did not double q48 hours as it was suppose to so we were in more frequently for ultrasounds. At one of these visits when we should have seen a great heartbeat it was slow and not promising. She literally said to us "I had more hope for the pregnancy then this." She lacked so much empathy and grace when talking with patients. With our next round I am going to request I do not come in when she is in the office. We obviously are new at this, we are scared going in week after week waiting for the worst to happen and she was just rude.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Strength is that they for the most part have friendly staff. Our primary nurse is caring and has been doing this for years. I have not heard a person say they did not like TIna or Dr. Hill. They have various appt. times through the day which make it nice to get the earliest and get to work only missing 30 minutes. Weakness is that they are busy so sometimes it seems like you can be just a number, especially during your stim cycle. The main ultrasound tech is not the most sympathetic. She does not show you what she is looking at or measuring and just rushes to get on to the next one.
I think we paid about 20k to the clinic, including PGS but not medication. Medication cost around 5k more and I even had some meds gifted to me from the LiveStrong Foundation
I understand the risks with transferring multiple. Since our embryos are PGS normal he will only allow the transfer of 1 at a time due to the risks of having multiples
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
While you are in a rush to get all your paperwork turned in, esp. if you don't start with birth control pills. They lost part of the paperwork that needed to be notarized. Thankfully the office has a notary. They also had confusion with billing and not knowing what was part of the IVF flat rate. Several times they tried to have us pay but thankfully I knew what was included in our original payment and could fight it. Also as I am having my progesterone checked to try to get into my next cycle they ordered an Estrodiol instead which created a delay in results.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Whitworth is very easy to talk to. We would often have tons of questions and she would answer everyone, without making us feel like we were taking up too much time. We had one visit with her that lasted 3 hours, but that was by our choice because of all of the questions we had.... My husband had low sperm count and no motility. She suggested HCG shots, but due to the cost we first tried clomid. He did well with this and 3 months later had above normal numbers!
The nursing staff at the Murfreesboro office [Nashville Fertility Center] is amazing. Both my husband and I love them. We are those patients that constantly have questions since all our meds are new to us. Every time we call we get a call back from the nurse within a day.... Usually when consulting with the doctor about next steps, it’s done in their office, not the patient room, which is nice. They can do most testing in office. I’ve had transvaginal ultrasounds there, and they do sperm analyses there also.
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Whitworth is very easy to talk to. We would often have tons of questions and she would answer everyone, without making us feel like we were taking up too much time. We had one visit with her that lasted 3 hours, but that was by our choice because of all of the questions we had. She answered everyone. She explained everything g very well also to where we could understand. She was able to explain details about my husbands sperm and testosterone issues in a way we could understand.
We were listened to and made to feel like we were important and that our problems mattered to them. Dr. Whitworth would address every concern we had and seemed to really care.
My husband had low sperm count and no motility. She suggested HCG shots, but due to the cost we first tried clomid. He did well with this and 3 months later had above normal numbers! He still had some white blood cells so Dr. Whitworth prescribes antibiotics for that. I was diagnosed with PCOS and put on Metformin. I was put on one cycle of clomid, but this thinned my lining. I came in for an US to confirm that, and was then switched to Letrozole for 3 months. I ovulated each cycle. Before starting the Letrozole I had an HSG test also.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center.
The nursing staff at the Murfreesboro office is amazing. Both my husband and I love them. We are those patients that constantly have questions since all our meds are new to us. Every time we call we get a call back from the nurse within a day. She is always pleasant to talk to and remembers our specific information.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
We have only been to the Murfreesboro office, not their main Nashville office. It is clean and inviting. The rooms are nice. Usually when consulting with the doctor about next steps, it’s done in their office, not the patient room, which is nice. They can do most testing in office. I’ve had transvaginal ultrasounds there, and they do sperm analyses there also. That part is great for male factor infertility because of the convenience. It only takes an hour for them to get the results back, so it’s discussed same day. Blood work is also done there. There’s a small waiting room so if you’re not comfortable sitting with a bunch of people that’s something to think about.
With our BCBS insurance we had to pay our specialty copay of $45 for our visit. If both my husband and I were being seen that would be the fee for each of us. Our insurance is not in network with their lab, so sperm analysis cost us $130. My first transvaginal ultrasound cost us $60. But the next 2 I had were covered by our insurance and we paid nothing.

Unexplained, Other
Even though Dr. Weitzmann was not very empathetic, he was very honest and answered all of my questions to the best of his ability. I never felt rushed. I felt like my process mattered and we were working together to create a baby for my family.... Dr. Weitzman did my cyst removal and was great during the procedure and made me feel confident that everything was ok. He also met with me after my miscarriage and chemical pregnancy and went over what went wrong.
The nurse staff and admin staff [Nashville Fertility Center] have always helped me with whatever issue I have had. If they do not know the answer, they seek it out and put me with someone who does know the answer.... The billing department is thorough and if there is an overcharge or insurance payment, you will get money back but it is still alot of money!... With everything for the last cycle which includes medications and one transfer, it was $20,000
Unexplained, Other
How was your experience with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Weitzman is extremely experienced in the fertility field and relies heavily on his experience. He is confident in his assements and gave me confidence that the process would be successful. Dr. Weitzman did my cyst removal and was great during the procedure and made me feel confident that everything was ok. He also met with me after my miscarriage and chemical pregnancy and went over what went wrong. It would have been nice to have him do all of my procedures but he is very busy!
Dr. Weitzman is not very touchy feely. He does though answer all of your questions and will be on your side through the process.
Even though Dr. Weitzmann was not very empathetic, he was very honest and answered all of my questions to the best of his ability. I never felt rushed. I felt like my process mattered and we were working together to create a baby for my family. I have felt supported by him and his nurse and the staff at NFC through the whole process. We have gone through one retrieval and two transfers with no success and are starting a second retrieval with hopes of a different outcome and I feel like Dr. Weitzman is on the same page as my husband and I.
I first did three IUI cycles with no success. I then had a cyst removed and had a hysteroscopy. I then started IVF. For the retrieval, I took Follistim (225 units) and Menopur (75 units). I also used Ganirelix and did a Lupron trigger. For the transfers, I used progesterone in oil (1-2mL's a day) and estradiol (0.1mL twice a week). For the retrieval, I got 12 eggs, 8 fertilized, 3 embryos and 2 were PGS tested normal. The first female embryo implanted but died at ~6 weeks because the embryo was tetraploidy (4 sets of chromosomes). I had a D&C to find that out. The second male embryo implanted but ended in a chemical pregnancy. We do not know what happened - whether is was the embryo or if my week long flu/cold affected the pregnancy. Because of my good response to the retrieval the first time, we are using that same protocol for the next retrieval. I am on birth control now! Wish me luck!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Andie Sporck)
I love my IVF nurse. She is amazing. She is always on top of everything. If I have a question, she responds quickly. She is also helpful with getting me help with the bills or discounts if needed. When our transfers didn't work, I felt a little like I let her down! I felt her disappointment too which was comforting. And if she is not available, the other nurses have been just as helpful and warm and caring. I love the whole nursing staff at NFC.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Some people feel that NFC is about numbers but I do not feel that way. The nurse staff and admin staff have always helped me with whatever issue I have had. If they do not know the answer, they seek it out and put me with someone who does know the answer. Once I had to pick up my stepdaughter at a certain time and the front desk staff helped to get me in just in time to get my blood drawn so I could make it. NFC is expensive however. The billing department is thorough and if there is an overcharge or insurance payment, you will get money back but it is still alot of money! We won't be able to try again if this round does not work but I have faith that they will do their best to help me have a healthy baby.
Dr. Weitzman and the clinic only want to implant one PGS tested embryo. They are very against multiple births because of the risks involved.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
There was one time that I was pretty sure I made a bloodwork appointment but there was no record when I went in that I made an appointment. They were able to squeeze me in anyway however but I think one of the front desk staff was a little annoyed.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Montville has the best bedside manner of any doctor I have worked with to date. He gets to know his patients and treats the person, not just the condition. He explains everything very thoroughly and with kindness. I never feel rushed when I'm in an appointment with him....I have Crohn's disease, so our first step has been making sure there is no tubal damage or damage to my organs resulting from the surgeries I have had. Our goal together is to make sure I am in optimum health and shape to do IVF.
Tennessee Fertility Institute is an excellent facility and I would recommend it to anyone. I like that its a smaller clinic so they are able to spend a lot more one on one time with patients. It's clean, bright and friendly and the staff is very caring...The nursing staff at Tennessee Fertility Institute are always kinds and upbeat. They too make me feel like a human and not a number. They show compassion and understanding.
It is very clear he cares deeply about his patients and not just his success numbers. He is thorough and kind, and very patient with all my questions and he LISTENS. I would recommend him to anyone without a doubt.
Come in with lots of questions and take notes - he will explain things as much or as little as you require.
I have Crohn's disease, so our first step has been making sure there is no tubal damage or damage to my organs resulting from the surgeries I have had. Our goal together is to make sure I am in optimum health and shape to do IVF. He has been a big advocate of me checking in with my Gastroenterologist for this. From here our goal is to ready my system for IVF and set up our schedule for that procedure.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
While we haven't actually begun IVF, the costs were explained to us. The clinic and doctor fees amount to $13,000 and the medication is estimated at $4,000-$7,000 for your first round of IVF.
Describe Christopher Montville's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Nashville Fertility Center.
Dr. Montville prefers eSET, as do I. He explained that with my history of autoimmune disease, and the fact that I will already be a high risk pregnancy because of it, it is much safer for me to carry one child at a time. I agree whole-heartedly with this approach and appreciate that my health and well-being is a priority over statistics.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
Overall we were please with Dr. whitworth. She seemed to be intelligent and forward thinking. She just seemed too busy to really focus on us as individual patients...We went back to clomid after being on a different medication. I loved that she looked back at my chart to see that that was a better fit. That ended up working but we lost our child in miscarriage. Other than that we just kept having surgery after surgery to treat my endometriosis. It didn’t at the time seem to make any difference.
Once we were there [Nashville Fertility Center] for an appointment to talk with the doctor about IVF. They have had it on the books for a month. This is after being a patient for 2 years. We got there and they forgot to pass our folder on so we sat for 30 min then my husband when to check and they realized and so it took another 20 min. Then, when we went back, the doctor [Dr. Whitworth] said “How can I help you today?”...There are times when I would like to speak to someone quickly and there is no one ever answering calls. Maybe they could have a nurse who’s job is to answer silly calls from hormonal stressed out patients.
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Overall we were please with Dr. whitworth. She seemed to be intelligent and forward thinking. She just seemed too busy to really focus on us as individual patients. She is a reflection of her clinic. I believe the clinic needs some major improvements.
With any doctor, you must be your biggest advocate.
NFC was just too busy. Long wait times and quick care never made me feel good about the quality of care we were receiving.
I had a few nurses who helped me during my time with NFC however, Ellen stood out and made me feel cared for and in good hands. Her positivity got me through the many rough patches.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
We didn’t get the results we were looking for so it’s hard to find strengths. I would say the nurses were the best part. My nurse really cared for me. Unfortunately, I have a handful of weaknesses. First, after attending NFC for 4 years the ladies at the front desk still said,”can I get your name” every time I came. Second, the wait time was always so long and the waiting room is really uncomfortable. Once I was meeting with my doctor and they left in the middle of my appointment to do another ultrasound. It’s just proof, you are too busy. Lastly, after two failed IVF transfers and no embryos remaining. I never once heard from anyone at NFC checking in on my husband or I to see how we were or if they could help. We received the voicemail that it didn’t work and that was it. $40,000 later and nothing. Lastly, the IVF voicemail. There are times when I would like to speak to someone quickly and there is no one ever answering calls. Maybe they could have a nurse who’s job is to answer silly calls from hormonal stressed out patients.
Around $40,000 IVF, meds, and Surgeries
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
Once we were there for an appointment to talk with the doctor about IVF. They have had it on the books for a month. This is after being a patient for 2 years. We got there and they forgot to pass our folder on so we sat for 30 min then my husband when to check and they realized and so it took another 20 min. Then, when we went back, the doctor said “How can I help you today?” Read your file!

Endometriosis, Unexplained
Nashville fertility clink is very clean, cozy and very welcoming. They are quick to check you in and get you to a room. Every time I have gone in, I have been greeted with a smile and called by my name.... Our total is going to be around $17,470. Egg retrieval with PHT-A is $13,590 Frozen Embryo transfer is $3880... They are quick to call back every time I have left a message and are very quick to get me in the office. Always friendly and very compassionate.
How was your experience with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Hill was so kind when he walked into the exam room to talk with me and my husband. He asked us our background, what we like to do and really got to know us before going into why we were there. Once we got to the “why we were there”, he went through hundreds of pages of previous records to figure out what was going on before to see where he needed to pick up. Since our first consult, he has ordered labs and ultrasounds. Dr. Hill was very calm and patient with us as he knew how stressed we were about trying to have a baby for the last 7 years. He made sure we knew all the risks of the medications and how much everything was going to cost and went through every step before we get to IVF. He made us feel hopeful and comfortable. Like we are real people and not just his patients.
Write down all of the questions you have. Dr. Hill is very through in his answers and so, so very helpful.
Dr. Hill explained everything so well and answered all of the questions we had. He took the time to go through all of my previous records from my other doctors and gave us what our best options would be.
I am currently starting my first treatment with Dr. Hill. We are hoping to start in January of 2019. So far, he has had me have a couple of ultrasounds to check my tubes, ovaries, and uterus. I have also had a couple labs done to see if I am lacking any hormones.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
He went over what would happen if we had elective or multiple. He told us our chances are higher of conceiving if we chose to have multiple embryo transfer. With how long we have been TTC, we would choose multiple.
+ Read more- Read less
Seeking fertility treatment was a very emotionally charged time for my husband and I and Dr Whitworth did a wonderful job of making us both feel very comfortable at our first consultation. She was very thorough and clinical with the initial consultation and all related testing....We have our third and final IUI scheduled for next month. If unsuccessful, we will again meet with Dr Whitworth to discuss further treatment options.
The clinic [Nashville Fertility Center] is always clean and the rooms are always prepared for the patient upon arrival. For the most part, we have been taken back for all of our appointments on time. We had one occurrence where staff was running behind and we waited about 1 hour before meeting with the doctor. The staff members who complete your check out after your appointment are wonderful!
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr Whitworth and her nursing staff have done a great job at making my husband and I feel like people and not numbers. They are all super friendly and welcoming and genuinely interested in how your treatment is progressing.
My husband and I have been diagnosed with unexplained infertility. We initially completed 2 cycles of timed intercourse with femara (unsure of exact dosage), ultrasound monitoring, and ovidrel injections. Both cycles resulted in a negative pregnancy test. We then completed 1 IUI cycle with femara (unsure of exact dosage), ultrasound monitoring, and ovidrel injections. This cycle resulted in a negative pregnancy test. We completed a second IUI cycle with clomid (50 mg), ultrasound monitoring, and ovidrel injection. This cycle resulted in a negative pregnancy test. I switched from femara to clomid secondary to side effects (namely severe headaches). With all of my femara cycles, I only had 1-2 follicles to be ovulated for each cycle. With clomid, I had 3-5 follicles to be ovulated. We have our third and final IUI scheduled for next month. If unsuccessful, we will again meet with Dr Whitworth to discuss further treatment options.
All of the nursing staff have been super friendly and able to answer all of my questions! They quickly respond to any questions left via voicemail with a prompt call back.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Nashville Fertility Clinic has many strengths. The clinic is always clean and the rooms are always prepared for the patient upon arrival. For the most part, we have been taken back for all of our appointments on time. We had one occurrence where staff was running behind and we waited about 1 hour before meeting with the doctor. The staff members who complete your check out after your appointment are wonderful! On weekends and holidays when the check out staff members are not working you complete your checkout with the receptionist/check in staff. They are not as knowledgeable in regard to billing and I have had to check on my billing at later appointments to make sure it is correct.
Our insurance provider, United Healthcare, has covered portions of all of our treatment components with the exception of ovidrel shots. Ovidrel shots were around $90 per shot (not covered by our insurance as previously stated). Femara was around $4 per prescription (with insurance). Clomid was around $13 per prescription (with insurance). We paid around $231 following each ultrasound + office visit to discuss ultrasound results. We paid around $564 following each IUI. Our timed intercourse cycles with femara, ultrasound monitoring, and ovidrel injections were roughly $325 per cycle. Our IUI cycle with femara, ultrasound monitoring, and ovidrel injection was roughly $889. Our IUI cycle with clomid, ultrasound monitoring, and ovidrel injection was roughly $898.
Anovulation, Male Factor, Other
Through our 3 IUI cycles and our IVF consult he [Dr. George Hill] seemed to be more than supportive of our ideal course of treatment. He was good answering any questions we had and being thorough. However during the cycles we never saw him, it was always other doctors doing our monitoring...was personable and on our side for any treatment we chose to do, but while going through treatment cycles we rarely saw him during the monitoring process, mostly nurses and his other partners in the practice.
Always easy to call and book appointments [at Nashville Fertility Center], nice staff and very compassionate about not overcharging if they don't have to, since it can be expensive. I went to the M'boro office instead of the Nashville office, I preferred the smaller office and close knit staff. I do understand that other patients may not like that the office is much smaller though...She [nurse] was always personable, hopeful and just the right amount of perky. Very informative and helpful in anyway she could. No weaknesses whatsoever!
Anovulation, Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
Through our 3 IUI cycles and our IVF consult he seemed to be more than supportive of our ideal course of treatment. He was good answering any questions we had and being thorough. However during the cycles we never saw him, it was always other doctors doing our monitoring.
Be more involved with each cycle as opposed to letting other Doctors and NP's be there in your place.
I felt like Dr. Hill was personable and on our side for any treatment we chose to do, but while going through treatment cycles we rarely saw him during the monitoring process, mostly nurses and his other partners in the practice.
2 IUI cycles were done with Letrozole days 3-5, trigger shots, and insemination to follow, labs to check beta levels. 1 IUI cycle with Gonal F 75 iu for about a week, trigger shots and insemination, labs to check estrogen & beta levels.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Amber)
She was always personable, hopeful and just the right amount of perky. Very informative and helpful in anyway she could. No weaknesses whatsoever!
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Always easy to call and book appointments, nice staff and very compassionate about not overcharging if they don't have to, since it can be expensive. I went to the M'boro office instead of the Nashville office, I preferred the smaller office and close knit staff. I do understand that other patients may not like that the office is much smaller though.
Most of my costs were through the pharmacies, which they provided a discount program for. All diagnostic testing was covered by our insurance and the only things out of pocket charged at the clinic were sperm washing and insemination, those costs were relatively low compared to stories I've heard of other clinics charging. Without medications, IUI cycles were under $500 with insurance, and with medications total costs $590-900.
He didn't seem deadset on the amount of embryos to transfer in the consultation, he did go over both sides of the spectrum for the two possible outcomes. He did suggest with our situation that a singleton would be ideal, but 2 wouldn't be out of the question either.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
One of the IUI's we did was at the Nashville office, and the day of the IUI my chart wasn't sent over so the nurse preforming the insemination was unaware of my prior experience. It wasn't really a major issue to myself personally, maybe more of a headache to the nursing staff.
+ Read more- Read less

We were put on femera because I did not respond well to clomid. Dr weitzman decided femera would be a better choice. (And it was!) We did timed intercourse unsuccessfully and he decided we should do the iui. The first 2 were unsuccessful .... the problem being I was not successfully ovulating. We did 3 iui’s and the third one was successful. He was very compassionate but to the point with his advice on next steps.
Everyone we came in contact with [at Nashville Fertility Center- Nashville] was so kind and professional all at the same time. They treated you with respect and kindness through every step.... The nursing staff was always so friendly and wonderful to visit with while going through something prettt uncomfortable. They were kind and always remembered us personally (or acted like it even if they didn’t! )
How was your experience with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Weitzman was wonderful to work with. He was compassionate and got to the point all at the same time. What stuck out the most to me was after my sweet daughter was born dr. Weitzman called me to check on ya personally. He called and asked so many questions and was genuinely happy for us as a new family. That is my favorite memory of our experience with him.
Be proactive and take notes of the important things to do!
Everyone we came in contact with was so kind and professional all at the same time. They treated you with respect and kindness through every step.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Be organized and be proactive for your own health! The doctors and nurses are wonderful even down to the front desk staff!! They were always friendly, kind, and happy to talk with. My advice would be to stand your ground and don’t be Afraid to stand up for what you think. This is your body and your money and you have a say in every situation.
$2500 for the last iui (that worked) including shots, meds, procedure, labs, visits The other cycles costed about $1500 each time.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Whitworth was very kind and approachable. I actually switched to her after being referred to another doctor who seemed rather cold and harsh. On top of how compassionate she was, she is also skilled! She performed my tubal removal surgery and my egg retrieval. She was very helpful and always in a cheerful mood. She seemed to go above and beyond to take care of me holistically. She is a saint! I cannot express how thankful I am for her.
I enjoyed my entire experience at NFC. Very clean facility. Friendly staff. One thing I can think of as a weakness is the first time I was waiting on pregnancy test results. I took the test at 8 or 9 am and had to call back at office closing time to retrieve the results. As a fertility patient, the last thing we want to do is wait an entire day for those results. That was the ONLY time I had to wait an entire day.
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
I would tell the patient to be very open about her needs. Dr. Whitworth was very helpful with all aspects of my care, physically, mentally, and emotionally.
Visits with Dr. Whitworth and NFC were always very exciting. I was always happy and never felt rushed. I don’t think there was a time I felt like a number. Dr. Whitworth was very warm and approachable.
For my first fresh transfer, I only had one embry to transfer which is what she would’ve recommended anyways for the risk of multiples was a factor. That transfer was unsuccessful. For my first frozen transfer a year later we transferred two frozen day 6 embryos. Transferring 2 embryos this time were ideal since we wanted to be a little more aggressive because of my first failed transfer. I now have a 10 month old because of the frozen transfer! I don’t remember specifics but I do remember a lot less medication and stress with my frozen transfer!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center.
The nursing staff was very organized and informative. They were very responsive to emails and phone calls. Overall great team!
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
I remember it being during a certain time but there was nothing hectic about it. It was easy.
$10,000 for fresh IVF cycle. $7000 total medication for fresh cycle. Around $5-6000 for frozen cycle.
Dr. Whitworth was very informative about both eSet vs multiple embryo transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
Only once out of the 3 years I was seen by NFC did they fail to call me with a lab result on time.
+ Read more- Read less

I often waited over 45 minutes to see Dr. Hill and when I finally spoke with him it always felt rushed...All 3 of my IUI's were traumatic for me because Dr. Hill and his staff were unable to get through my cervix. I'm not convinced that they ever actually did the IUI correctly. When we finally switched to another clinic in Atlanta the doctor was able to get through my cervix within a few seconds. Dr. Hill had tried for over an hour one time and even said he would need to put me asleep to perform the next IUI. I felt like he had zero concern for my time because I was often left waiting well over 45 minutes to consultations or followups.
Several doctors tried to perform my IUI [at Nashville Fertility Center] and were unable to puncture my cervix. I feel like I wasted money of those cycles and wasted time...IUI around $1,000 each... I always felt like a number. The waiting room is full of people and it seems so doom and gloom in there. The only positive at NFC is how friendly the ladies in the business office were... I often waited over 45 minutes to see Dr. Hill and when I finally spoke with him it always felt rushed.
How was your experience with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Hill is VERY friendly and that was wonderful for us in the beginning. I feel like he never exactly made a plan of action for my treatment. All 3 of my IUI's were traumatic for me because Dr. Hill and his staff were unable to get through my cervix. I'm not convinced that they ever actually did the IUI correctly. When we finally switched to another clinic in Atlanta the doctor was able to get through my cervix within a few seconds. Dr. Hill had tried for over an hour one time and even said he would need to put me asleep to perform the next IUI. I felt like he had zero concern for my time because I was often left waiting well over 45 minutes to consultations or followups.
Keep looking! I wish I had my 2 years back :(
With Nashville Fertility I completely felt like a number. I often waited over 45 minutes to see Dr. Hill and when I finally spoke with him it always felt rushed.
I did 3 IUI cycles with Clomid. I don't remember many specifics but I do know that the clinic was closed on some of my ovulation dates. I felt very rushed when my IUI occurred over a holiday. The nurses and Doctor seemed super annoyed that I needed service if it was a weekend or holiday.
I don't have any good memories of the nursing staff. I always felt rushed and like my time wasn't valued while waiting so long for the doctor.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Nashville Fertility - I always felt like a number. The waiting room is full of people and it seems so doom and gloom in there. The only positive at NFC is how friendly the ladies in the business office were.
IUI around $1,000 each.
Dr. Hill suggested transferring one embryo due to my cervix being short.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
Several doctors tried to perform my IUI and were unable to puncture my cervix. I feel like I wasted money of those cycles and wasted time.

PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Hill was very professional and gave my husband and I hope. He went over my medical history in great detail and I felt that he came up with a good protocol that was successful for us in the end. I like that we sat down with him one on one and he gave us time to ask any questions.... The overall goal that Dr. Hill had for us was one healthy baby. Before I started any medications, my husband and I both had to have a full blood panel workup. This is where they found out that I had a thyroid dysfunction as well as MTHFR.
The care at NFC was incredible. Not only did they take the time to go over any questions in detail, they truly seemed to care about my wellbeing both mentally and physically. We did not feel just like a number. You are assigned a nurse who I could email or call with any questions at any time.... The overall environment is very professional. I never had one negative experience from the ladies at the front desk, financial office, lab techs, nurses or doctors. They are all very organized, detail oriented, professional, and very positive. I honestly don't have one bad thing to say about the clinic.
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Hill was very professional and gave my husband and I hope. He went over my medical history in great detail and I felt that he came up with a good protocol that was successful for us in the end. I like that we sat down with him one on one and he gave us time to ask any questions. I feel like there are a lot of doctors who don't take the time to really listen to their patients but he had a wonderful balance of professionalism and trustworthiness. During our embryo transfer he talked me through everything that was happening during the procedure. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is starting their infertility journey. I wish that I had started at this clinic from day one.
Write down your questions and have them ready. Do your research and know that every doctor has a different protocol.
The care at NFC was incredible. Not only did they take the time to go over any questions in detail, they truly seemed to care about my wellbeing both mentally and physically. We did not feel just like a number. You are assigned a nurse who I could email or call with any questions at any time. They explained every procedure, what to expect, they were professional and I would highly recommend Nashville Fertility to anyone who is looking for a positive experience while going through infertility.
The overall goal that Dr. Hill had for us was one healthy baby. Before I started any medications, my husband and I both had to have a full blood panel workup. This is where they found out that I had a thyroid dysfunction as well as MTHFR. I had been going to another RE for two years prior to going through IVF. It was very frustrating that this was found so late. I loved that you had to have a whole checklist of different test prior to even going to your first IVF class. He came up with his own treatment strategy based off of our results. I was told to start on: prenatal vitamins, vitamin d, folate, metanx, levothyroxine, metformin. For my egg retrieval: I was on stims for 11 days with 4 ultrasounds for IVF cycle monitoring. Stims: 75units of menopur, 225 units Gonal-f, Cetrotide 0.25 mg and we did trigger shot on day 11. We did PGS testing so we had a FET 3 months after our egg retrieval. FET protocol was as follows: started on Doxycycline for a week, Lupron, Estrogen patches and began PIO five days before our transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Tina DeBoer)
She was the most caring, professional, sensitive, nurse I have ever been around. She was an excellent communicator and was thorough in explaining every procedure and protocol in great detail. I will request to have her as my nurse if we transfer another embryo in the future.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Flat Rate Fee: $10,000 for Nashville Fertility, FPG Labs of Nashville and surgery center. This included all exams, ultrasounds, appointments, blood test, operating room fees, egg retrieval and transfer. We did ICSI Additional $1450 PGS Testing Additional $5800 Meds: $4000
Dr. Hill recommended a single embryo transfer based on our age and our number and quality of our embryos.

Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
In person, she [Dr. Eblen] was wonderful. While you didn't see her often, she was kind, attentive, and listened. Her bedside manner was perfect. Once I had multiple failures, she truly wanted to help and keep going, but I felt like there was a laundry list of things we could try, but nothing that actually seemed to be based on MY case. Just lots of "well, this exists so let's try it..."... I do wish I had gotten more time with her. As a function of the clinic, you're kind of passed around which feels impersonal and mechanical. This wasn't her fault, but it did get in the way of building full trust in my doctor.
Nashville Fertility Center is a beautiful facility, with a great staff. The doctors/nurses/scientists get together every week to discuss the cases, which I loved. I really felt the camaraderie among the staff was palpable. I didn't like that you didn't know who was doing your procedures. While I certainly don't blame the various docs for cycle failures, every doctor was so different, and it felt inconsistent.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Abby Eblen at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Eblen was a great doctor. While I didn't see her much, I enjoyed the time I spent with her, and felt she was incredibly informative. Her initial consult was thorough, personal, and enlightening. Overall, I do wish I had gotten more time with her. As a function of the clinic, you're kind of passed around which feels impersonal and mechanical. This wasn't her fault, but it did get in the way of building full trust in my doctor.
Write down your questions, and be organized. She goes incredibly quickly. She'll answer every question you have, but she'll do it fast.
In person, she was wonderful. While you didn't see her often, she was kind, attentive, and listened. Her bedside manner was perfect. Once I had multiple failures, she truly wanted to help and keep going, but I felt like there was a laundry list of things we could try, but nothing that actually seemed to be based on MY case. Just lots of "well, this exists so let's try it..."
I wasn't very responsive during the first round, so the second retrieval was far more aggressive (and helped!), resulting in 5 more eggs being retrieved. She also kept close watch on my progesterone levels post transfer, and adjust as necessary.
Tina was my primary contact, and she was the best nurse I could have ever asked for! Caring, organized, patient, kind. She was the most incredible part of the process by far, always taking the very best care of me. She answered all our questions, kept us calm, and provided thorough education every step of the way.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Costs for 2 retrievals, 3 transfers, PGS, monitoring, (and meds, not through the clinic) cost around $35k
We elected to do a single transfer for the first round, as we had lots of reason to believe it would work. The second round, we transferred one as that was all we had left. Third transfer was single, as it was PGS tested.
+ Read more- Read less

I have a low AMH and knew it would be difficult to retrieve a high number of quality eggs. Given that diagnosis, [Dr. George Hill and] I approached my egg retrieval with a Minimal Stim approach and was lucky enough to retrieve 10 eggs. Of the 10 retrieved, 6 were mature and 5 fertilized. Since we wanted to do PGS testing on the embryos we did a frozen transfer approximately 2 months after the retrieval. Two of the three embryos tested normal and we transferred 1 embryo which took.
Jordan was our primary nurse [at Nashville Fertility Center] and we couldn't have been more happy to have had her through our process. She felt more like a friend than a nurse. She always gave me enough time for my questions and never made me feel rushed. She gave clear and concise directions and if I had questions after I left my appointment she always answered my emails in a timely fashion.
How was your experience with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
When we had our initial consultation with Dr. Hill I appreciated his knowledge of our medical history and was very candid and honest with expectations. He clearly walked us through the IVF process and gave us his opinion on what approach he thought would give us the best results. As difficult it was at the time to hear our chances were not great he made us feel like he would exhaust all avenues before giving up.
At times he may seem blunt or assumes the worst however I can say after going through this entire process it was a huge blessing for us to understand what we were up against. I appreciated his honesty and it helped us skip over the emotional part of what we were going through and focus on what the next steps were.
I have a low AMH and knew it would be difficult to retrieve a high number of quality eggs. Given that diagnosis, I approached my egg retrieval with a Minimal Stim approach and was lucky enough to retrieve 10 eggs. Of the 10 retrieved, 6 were mature and 5 fertilized. Since we wanted to do PGS testing on the embryos we did a frozen transfer approximately 2 months after the retrieval. Two of the three embryos tested normal and we transferred 1 embryo which took.
Jordan was our primary nurse and we couldn't have been more happy to have had her through our process. She felt more like a friend than a nurse. She always gave me enough time for my questions and never made me feel rushed. She gave clear and concise directions and if I had questions after I left my appointment she always answered my emails in a timely fashion.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
My only complaint with the clinic was how the finances were handled. We never felt like we had a good grasp on all that was being charged and we spent months battling with the insurance company and the clinic on trying to get things approved. It wasn't extremely clear when payments were required at what time and I was caught off guard a few times with expected payments. Also, after the fact we are receiving refund checks however there is no explanation of what it is for or where the overpayment occurred.
Even though our insurance covered some of the costs, we were responsible for paying upfront. Now we are trying to reconcile what we should be refunded and what is still owed.
Nashville Fertility Clinic and Dr. Hill's goal is one healthy baby and one healthy mom. Based on my age (under 35) and the fact we did PGS testing they will only transfer 1. We did not even ask about transferring more as I trusted their opinion but believe they would have been open to a discussion if we felt like that was a path we wanted to take.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
When I was transferred to my regular OB they called more than once to request my chart from the clinic. I'm not sure if it was simply not sent or if it was sent to the wrong spot but it did end up taking a few follow-up calls in order to make sure it was completed.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
Dr. Whitworth took time with us each visit and listened to our concerns and questions. Even if we had to wait to see her, we didn't mind because she gave us her time. When our frozen cycle did not work she was very understanding and didn't push any new treatment on us - gave us options and agreed that we just needed time to decide what was next....We never felt pressured to go one direction or another - she was very honest with success rates, etc.
Great staff [at Nashville Fert Center]- you do have to wait typically for your appointment to see the doctor, but again we just understand it is what it is. Everything is clean. Everyone is kind and knowledgable and understanding of your situation...Martha was amazing - she gave us full attention and always answered my questions when I had them - even if they seemed silly....You will have to wait for your appointment .. they see a lot of people and everyone deserves good care.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
As I stated above - we appreciated her time and concern. We know there is a process and trial and error when it comes to fertility treatment. It takes time and there isn't always a clear answer or treatment and she explained things well to us. We never felt pressured to go one direction or another - she was very honest with success rates, etc.
Be clear with her on how much you want to do and your wishes - she goes at your pace. Have your list of questions ready - she will answer them. You will have to wait for your appointment - but be patient - they see a lot of people and everyone deserves good care. We saw so many impatient patients that were so rude to the staff and nurses and it was frustrating because they are doing their best. :)
We did 4 IUIs - no pregnancy results. Then she did surgery to see about endemotriosis - which there was. Following surgery - we had 4 more IUIs - but after the 2nd or 3rd one she suggested we consider moving to IVF. It was our choice to do the other IUIs. We did IVF in 2014 - fresh cycle - day 5 transfer with 1 embryo - resulted in successful pregnancy of our son. In 2017 - we started the process for a frozen cycle of our remaining embryo - it was not successful (we didn't do any PGS on the embryo). We are in the process of a fresh/frozen IVF cycle with PGS this time due to my age (35)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Martha)
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Great staff - you do have to wait typically for your appointment to see the doctor, but again we just understand it is what it is. Everything is clean. Everyone is kind and knowledgable and understanding of your situation.

Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Monteville is a very efficient doctor, and I felt like he understood my perspective in being concerned about our fertility choices and options. As I said, I did feel at our first appointment IVF was being pushed, but also realize that his goal is to help my husband and I conceive ASAP, and maybe not in the most financially satisfying way. I am pleased with the path our treatment has taken thus far; I wish the results were different (which is not fully in his control).
I had a team of nurses that rotated in my care, and all of them were polite, friendly, and compassionate. I especially appreciated when I had to call about started CD 1, that the nurse who took my call expressed genuine sadness that our first IUI had not worked, which made me feel like I wasn't alone in this journey...Nashville Fertility is located in a busy area of Nashville, but the clinic itself is very nice and the waiting area was very stylish. They are very efficient, but have the right level of personal touches. I appreciate also the "no children in the waiting room" policy, as I am sensitive to this. One day I was there it wasn't enforced, which was more annoying than triggering for me. My husband also appreciates the free wifi. Overall, I approach my fertility treatments by educating myself. I'm not sure how a person who hasn't studied on these methods or tracked her cycle in a variety of ways would see Nashville Fertility, as they do not have to explain very much to me. I appreciate their recognizing my self-education (not to the point of being annoying or self-righteous), and treating me like a peer.
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Go in to your fertility appointment being prepared to hear the gamut of possibilities. I had had plenty of tests done at my local hospital before being referred to Dr. Monteville, and he did not make either of us redo any of the tests. He was very clear with both my husband and I about our low chances, but he was gentle in his manner. Be educated so you can ask informed questions about treatment and possibilities.
With Dr. Monteville, he was very sympathetic about our struggles to conceive and he was willing to listen to us regarding the treatment plan he had laid out. I did feel in our first consultation that IVF was being pushed and our IUI hopes minimized, which made me feel like the clinic was out for the money. However, with two failed IUIs, I understand Dr. Monteville was being realistic with us and our chances, which I do appreciate.
My husband has MFI (low count and motility) and I have PCOS. Dr. Monteville prescribed Clomiphene for my husband to increase his counts, and he has a semen analysis due at the end of this month to see the results. For my PCOS, Dr. Monteville prescribed .5 mg letrozole, which helped me ovulate 1-2 eggs on our two monitored IUI cycles.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
I have spent roughly 2484 under Dr. Monteville's care. 4 dollars for each round of letrozole (covered by insurance), 200 for two HCG trigger shots, and 1400 for monitoring ultrasounds. I have spent 800 on two failed IUI procedures.
No experience with this yet
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
My husband's Clomid was not ordered when I called and left a message Friday after his urology appointment, even though the nurse had left me a message saying she was calling it in after she hung up. Seeing as it was a long-time and not time-sensitive drug, it was fine, but I wish I would have known it would not be available until Monday.

Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Know that he's [Dr. George Hill] going to look at every piece of the puzzle and offer as many solutions as possible. He can be aggressive with treatment, but just let him know if he's moving too fast...First IVF Cycle: Our first cycle, in my opinion, was a "base" cycle. He put me on FSH drugs and set a standard dosage to see how my body would react to them. We used Gonal-F, Menapur & Ganarelix. We transferred a very "healthy" 4AB embryo, but it resulted in a negative test. Our FET Cycle: Dr. Hill adjusted treatment slightly, trying different brands of drugs before implantation. We implanted 2 healthy embryos (roughly a 4BB & 2BB) but resulted in a negative test.
Flat fee for one round of IVF and fresh transfer [at Nashville Fertility Center] : $9500 Frozen transfer: $3500 Drugs for first round, including transfer: (FSH, estrogen, progesterone, etc $6500) Drugs for FET: $3500...Jordan Vaughn is the BEST. This is a big reason why I have been happy with my care at Nashville Fertility Center. She is our cheerleader in this whole process. Very caring and respectful. I also appreciate how quick she is to respond to email when I have questions regarding our care.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
I've had a good experience with Dr. Hill so far. (we are currently in treatment still) He's to the point and very as a matter of fact when it comes to options moving forward. After we had our two failed transfers, he called within a few days to offer condolences, and then gave us our next steps. He keeps our hope alive.
Go in with an open mind. Know that he's going to look at every piece of the puzzle and offer as many solutions as possible. He can be aggressive with treatment, but just let him know if he's moving too fast.
Dr. Hill is a good balance between being blunt and treating you like a human. He tells you like it is, but does it in a way that keeps you hopefully throughout the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jordan Vaughn)
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
My husbands first visit was a little confusing. They were a little disorganized at the front desk. Other than that, our care has been good.
Rough estimates: Flat fee for one round of IVF and fresh transfer: $9500 Frozen transfer: $3500 Drugs for first round, including transfer: (FSH, estrogen, progesterone, etc $6500) Drugs for FET: $3500
I agreed with the transfers he suggested. Because I was 32, we transferred one the first time. After the first one failed, he suggested we try two.

1 IVF, Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Weitzman is very knowledgeable, experienced and willing to work with his patients. He has a dry wit and his sense of humor gets exposed over time. He will go deep or stay shallow in terms information shared. We had very involved conversations when I wanted additional explanation and others only scratched the surface because I didn't need beyond the basics.... I had endometriosis and fibroids which caused general health issues for me. While I don't know if my infertility was linked to this
They [Nashville Fertility Center] are a well oiled machine. They were great with scheduling changes and I typically got the appointment times I wanted.... My only real complaint is the billing department - I was told different information depending on who I spoke with. I had email communication with one person and was told I was mistaken by another until I showed the email. The regular billing department acted like a collections agency. I had a largish credit on my account and a small outstanding balance for the lab
1 IVF, Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Weitzman is very knowledgeable, experienced and willing to work with his patients. He has a dry wit and his sense of humor gets exposed over time. He will go deep or stay shallow in terms information shared. We had very involved conversations when I wanted additional explanation and others only scratched the surface because I didn't need beyond the basics. My perception is that his default is to not overwhelm people with information but is happy to provide more when asked. By nature, I am analytical, curious and inquisitive and he was a perfect fit for me. He was proactive in adjusting my protocols when we didn't see the expected results. Based on my age, the recommendation was one protocol one for which I had limited success. We discussed, he was open minded about exploring alternative options. He listened to my concerns and included my input in the next protocol. He was compassionate throughout my journey and called me after lows and highs. He called after my son was born and I saved the voicemail because it was such a lovely message and he was thrilled when I stopped by to visit with my son. Dr. Weitzman is reserved and not overtly warm and fuzzy, that said, he cares deeply and I got the sense that he sincerely wanted us to become parents and would do whatever he could to make that happen.
Be prepared, know what you need from Dr. Weitzman and be ready to articulate it. He will meet you where you are. If you need a doctor to coddle you, Dr. Weitzman may not be the best fit. If you want someone who caring, purposeful and will be honest and direct, he is excellent.
Everyone in the office knew me by name and made me feel welcome and at ease. I met with my doctor on several occasions, he took time to answer my questions and thoroughly explain recommendations. We changed protocols after my first transfer resulted in a miscarriage. Dr. Weitzman listened to me, my concerns and our next protocol reflected our conversation. Andie, my nurse was an advocate for me. She was in frequent communication with me, gave me the information I needed and often anticipated my questions.
I don't remember specifics. I had endometriosis and fibroids which caused general health issues for me. While I don't know if my infertility was linked to this, I did have surgery to have them removed before I started IVF. My first cycle was a fresh transfer. I had just turned 39 so I was put on an high stimulation protocol (high dose of Gonal F) combined with Menapur - thought was try to get many eggs - all about quantity. Had an Ovidril trigger. We only retrieved 6-7 mature eggs, a couple progressed much more rapidly than the rest and threw off the cycle. We had 2 eggs fertilize and transferred both on Day 3. One implanted, one did not and I miscarried at 8 weeks. I had a D&C so we could do genetic testing on the remains and learned that a live birth would not have been possible. Waited several months and then did similar protocol with some changes to try to address the eggs that matured more quickly. We opted for PGS this round. Similar results as first, 2 embryos made it to Day 5 and were tested, 1 was viable. We started planning for a transfer which would have occurred a few months before my 40th birthday. I met with Dr. Weitzman to discuss what happens post 40. My concern was we have 1 frozen embryo, worst case it doesn't implant and we are starting over with another round closer to or after 40. Dr. Weitzman's response was the difference between 39 years, 9 months and 40 year, 2 months isn't that significant that he was concerned with best case - that it did implant and I got pregnant, had a baby and then at 42 or 43 I wanted another child and at that point, there were no options. Based on that discussion I decided to do one more retrieval but we opted for a minimal stimulation protocol. This was based on the limited number of eggs retrieved and the continued issue that 1 or 2 eggs matured faster than the other cohorts. The rationale was quality over quantity with a goal of 1 or 2 high quality eggs. Ironically, we retrieved 6 mature eggs in this cycle same as previous. However 5 fertilized and all 5 made it to Day 5 and were PGS. Two were genetically viable. We transferred my single best embryo from the 2 rounds which resulted in a healthy, full term birth. I now have a one year old and appreciate the forward planning as I am approaching my 42 birthday and would like to have another child and am happy knowing that we have 2 frozen embryos to try to achieve that wish.
Andie is amazing. I do not think I would have gotten through the IVF journey without her. She is the perfect balance of warm, caring and methodical. Andie has a unique ability to adapt to what a patient needs from her. I sought to understand and she would share, this is what we are hoping to see, these are the hormone levels we want. These are our specific goals for XYZ, this is what we will do if we don't meet those goals, etc. It is a complex process and she has a unique ability to simplify it and break it into bite size pieces. She has a great energy and our days when I was feeling hopeless, she helped give me hope. She was my advocate every step of the way. She is the utmost professional yet invested in her patients. We had agreed that she would leave a message if she couldn't reach me to tell me the results of my pregnancy test. She was so excited to tell me it was positive that she left a message to call her back so she could tell me directly. She really is incredible.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
It was initially hard for me to schedule a new patient appointment. I had to leave a message, someone would call me back and if I didn't answer, it would take another day to receive a call back. It took about a month to get in the books. Once in, the office staff are courteous, booking appointments was easy. They are a well oiled machine. They were great with scheduling changes and I typically got the appointment times I wanted. My only real complaint is the billing department - I was told different information depending on who I spoke with. I had email communication with one person and was told I was mistaken by another until I showed the email. The regular billing department acted like a collections agency. I had a largish credit on my account and a small outstanding balance for the lab and the woman was sold rude when I met with her. When I pointed out that they owed me more money than I owed they and asked why don't you just apply some of the credit to the balance which is what ended up happening but apparently they needed my permission to move the money. It ended up being a big to do when it need not be.
I don't remember. We were self pay for most of the treatments and I had some secondary insurance coverage that covered a small part.
We discussed this at length and Dr. Weitzman strongly recommended a single embryo transfer with our PGS embryos. I toyed with the idea of 2 because twins seemed efficient to me (at the time). Dr. Weitzman and I discussed probability for 1 versus 2 and the increased risks that multiples bring. Based on that conversation we did opt for a single transfer. I am so thankful I had a singleton - I had an easy pregnancy, carried full term and I cannot imagine having twins. We did transfer 2 embryos when I had my first fresh cycle and that was due to them being Day 3 and non-PGS. In general I remember discussing the various factors - cycle type, PGS, non-PGS, mother's age, etc and there was a recommendation for SET or MET based on those factors.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
I had some issues with billing which were eventually sorted but took a bit of effort.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
I did over stimulate and had to move from a fresh cycle to a frozen cycle [with Dr. Hill]. Egg retrieval produced 27 eggs, 8 embryos. We transferred 1 embryo, that split. Resulting in identical twin boys. Carried to 35 weeks...would meet with us for all consultations, before moving to a new treatment and as requested. He was kind, thoughtful, intentional, and easy to talk with. He answered all questions. He never seemed hurried or that we were not important.
From start to finish (medicated cycles, IUI, surgery, IVF procedure, meds) we spent $20,000 [at Nashville Fertility Center]...Other than difficulty in scheduling sperm analysis, ALL staff was very kind. They were helpful in scheduling timely appointments. They were kind, understanding and helpful. Wait times were minimal. Every staff member appeared invested and hopeful in our journey...Tina was an angel! She was able to identify when I was struggling. Listened to me cry, gave advice and referrals as needed. She ALWAYS called us back. ALWAYS emailed back. IN TIMELY MANNER. I never felt like I was hunting her down or feeling lost. She felt like family.
How was your experience with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Hill is warm and kind. He smiles, listened to me cry, and was understanding. He would say things like, "I know this is hard" and I felt heard. He was also aggressive with treatments, fully motivated to achieve pregnancy. He offered us choices and let us tell him what we could handle, when we could handle it. He was the first doctor to take me seriously regarding pain during my cycles.
Tell him what you want. Schedule appointments with Dr. Hill when you want to talk with him directly.
Dr. Hill would meet with us for all consultations, before moving to a new treatment and as requested. He was kind, thoughtful, intentional, and easy to talk with. He answered all questions. He never seemed hurried or that we were not important.
Ganirelex cycle plan. I don't remember specific doses. I also chose PIO. I took Follistim, Menopur, Estradiol dot. I did over stimulate and had to move from a fresh cycle to a frozen cycle. Egg retrieval produced 27 eggs, 8 embryos. We transferred 1 embryo, that split. Resulting in identical twin boys. Carried to 35 weeks, no NICU time.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
We were encouraged by our age and health to transfer one embryo instead of two. I am so glad we followed this advice, because our embryo split.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Weitzman is clear to the complexity of infertility and wants to provide facts...DOES care about his patients and have been a great support during my myomectomy, fresh transfer, miscarriage, and FET procedure (resulting in a live birth - singleton)...wants his patients to be informed and is prepared to answer any questions you may have...is a straight-shooter which my husband and I appreciate. IVF can be overwhelming and if he [Dr. Weitzman] had sugar-coated anything
The monitoring appointments [at Nashville Fertility Center] were a well-oiled machine. Patty handled most of my ultrasounds, while Andie took my blood samples...There were days that were of higher traffic than others, but that is mainly due to the clinic's desire to have labs results processed by 2:00 p.m. This way, we would have our results in our patient's voicemail box by 4:00 p.m...The clinic is conveniently located in midtown Nashville near Centennial Women's Hospital. The receptionist and staff are professional and you will know them by name after a few visits.
How was your experience with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Weitzman is a straight-shooter which my husband and I appreciate. IVF can be overwhelming and if he [Dr. Weitzman] had sugar-coated anything, I would not have been prepared for the many "uniquenesses" that are involved. Similarly, my husband values clear facts and statements, as it facilitates asking follow-up questions at the moment (versus 3 hours later). This may not be the optimal approach for some, but Dr. Weitzman DOES care about his patients and have been a great support during my myomectomy, fresh transfer, miscarriage, and FET procedure (resulting in a live birth - singleton). I have recommended him to others and even had the privilege of sharing my story with one of the nurses who was assisting with the birth of my child --- only to find out that she was a new patient of Dr. Weitzman! I hope that her journey ends as happily as mine.
Go for facts, not feelings! If you do not understand the process of your needed procedures, your emotions will get the best of you. Dr. Weitzman wants his patients to be informed and is prepared to answer any questions you may have. Just make sure that you DO ask questions so you can get full value of your consultations/visits.
Dr. Weitzman is clear to the complexity of infertility and wants to provide facts. If your too emotional, you may overlooked the details that can help you/your family make the best informed decisions.
I had to take Gonal-F to stimulate my follicle, along with Cetrotide (Antagonist). The Novarel was a shot taken in place of me using lupron in an effort to prevent ovulation before my egg retrieval.
Andrea (goes by Andie) is FABULOUS and perfectly paired with Dr. Weitzman. She is very timely in her response to phone calls and emails. Furthermore, she has great compassion for her patients as she knows our stories and wants to see us achieve our family planning goals.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
The clinic is conveniently located in midtown Nashville near Centennial Women's Hospital. The receptionist and staff are professional and you will know them by name after a few visits. The atmosphere is inviting and clean. All services are conveniently located in the same facility (including IVF classes) so you can receive your care in a "one-stop" shop style of treatment.
The monitoring appointments were a well-oiled machine. Patty handled most of my ultrasounds, while Andie took my blood samples. *Note: There were days that were of higher traffic than others, but that is mainly due to the clinic's desire to have labs results processed by 2:00 p.m. This way, we would have our results in our patient's voicemail box by 4:00 p.m.
The treatment services were a flat fee for me since my insurance does not cover IVF procedures. The rate was divided between the Nashville Fertility Center, IVF Labs of Nashville, Middle TN ASC. According to the bill, my office visits were $515. All other costs were associated with the medical treatments I needed.
+ Read more- Read less

I am a nurse myself but during the 1st visit I felt so lost. He [Dr. Montville] was very knowledgeable but was talking so fast and was describing things that I had no studied up on in years...things were very detailed and had no clue as to what he was saying...I felt as though my treatments weren’t personalized or dependent upon my personal situation but rather we will try this and keep our fingers crossed and hope it works. I also feel that instead of really trying to figure why I wasn’t getting pregnant I was just given meds instead. I was also advised to really think about IVF even though during my 1st visit I discussed that my husband and I did not want to pursue IVF and if that was our only option then we would go the adoption route.
First visit [at Nashville Fertility Center] was $400-$450 for consult and semen analysis. Ultrasound was $200 per ultrasound...Strengths: Friendly staff. Nice office setting. Easy location to get to. Multiple doctors in practice. Weaknesses: Failure to communicate with patients and make sure that they are statisfied with care received (since you are having to pay out of pocket for treatments and office visits. My insurance does not cover any of the treatments.
I am a nurse myself but during the 1st visit I felt so lost. He was very knowledgeable but was talking so fast and was describing things that I had no studied up on in years. So things I remember but other things were very detailed and had no clue as to what he was saying. I can’t even imagine how some people feel when they leave and have no medical background. It makes me sad. You spend so much money and to feel completely lost is a terrible feeling and very intimidating. My personal situation was I did a round of Femara and went in for Transvaginal Ultrasound and trigger shot. I never seen him at that visit. The sonographer came in and did my Ultrasound and said well unfortunately it looks as though you have no follicles? The wording I can’t quite remember but I was basically told it didn’t work. I asked about doing the trigger shot that day in hopes of that helping. Her respond was the trigger shot wouldn’t help me. Grant it I was very excited and hopeful that I would respond to Femara. I had did 5 or 6 rounds of Clomid and did not respond whatsoever to this. I never did the trigger shot with Femara. He wanted to switch me to Femara so I did. After I was told by the sonographer that the Femara didn’t work. I was told to come out of the room once I was dressed. A nurse was waiting on me when I came out and she said she would speak with Dr. Montville and I would get a call that day. I never seen him nor did a doctor come in during the ultrasound to look at my ovaries. He called me that evening and spoke to me about other options. I was also told that I need to lose weight and he thinks that is why I am not getting pregnant. Looking back I wish I would have requested that a doctor come in and look during my ultrasound if Dr. Montville was available for what’s er reason. I felt that he should’ve followed up with me and made an effort to let me know that my time and feelings were valuable because quite frankly after that visit it showed that he just did not care at all. It’s hard enough to be infertile but to be infertile and reach out for help and not get the help you need or expected just flat out sucks.
Do your reserach about your own diagnosis’s. Ask questions even if you feel rushed. DEMAND to see him or a doctor after treatments. Don’t expect empathy. If you are expecting to feel that your time and money matters-My advise: See another doctor.
I’m sorry it has been a few years since I had seen him. After seeing him and having my heart broke and feeling hopeless I have not seen another doctor to get help. I did the max dose of Femara. I had purchased the Trigger shot that I had to pay $110 dollars for that was never used. I was not asked to come in a couple of days later to see if I responding then. I was just told by a sonographer that it didn’t work. He said Femara works better for people with PCOS which is why I started that. The outcome: Not responsive.
The nurses were always nice and professional. I never had an issue with them or Nashville Fertility as a whole.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
First visit was $400-$450 for consult and semen analysis. Ultrasound was $200 per ultrasound. Office visits I think were over a $100

Endometriosis, Male Factor
Dr. Whitworth was always very thorough with her explanations to us, and very honest about how to adjust her plan of care/our treatment. After two IUIs, she point blank told us that additional IUIs would not likely be successful and that it was time to move on in our journey...For IVF, I stimmed using Follistim and used Ovidrel to make sure I didn't ovulate. I stimmed rather quickly (began stims 2/6 and had egg retrieval 2/15). 21 eggs were retrieved, but only 3 made it to 5 day status. No one was sure why the statistics were not in our favor in regards to this.
Martha [nurse at Nashville Fertility Center] was amazing, and I missed her when we were transferred to the OB at 9 weeks of pregnancy....I won't ever forget her having me come in after hours when I had a positive beta but I was bleeding. She stayed late to teach my husband how to do PIO injections, since we had previously been using progesterone inserts... She was compassionate, informed, and an excellent communicator. She promptly answered all of my calls and emails, and when she didn't know an answer to one of my questions she would always follow up with my physician for me and then get back to me.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Ask her hard questions and be ready for the honest (sometimes brutal) truth.
Dr. Whitworth sat down with us (free of charge) after our fresh transfer resulted in a chemical pregnancy and I truly felt her compassion for our situation. Similarly, when we had our positive pregnancy result and we "graduated" from our fertility center to our OB, she was excited and so supportive of us. We even went back to visit after our baby was born and she asked questions specific to my pregnancy/labor/delivery, as well as to the health of my baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Martha Goodyear)
Martha was amazing, and I missed her when we were transferred to the OB at 9 weeks of pregnancy. She was compassionate, informed, and an excellent communicator. She promptly answered all of my calls and emails, and when she didn't know an answer to one of my questions she would always follow up with my physician for me and then get back to me. I won't ever forget her having me come in after hours when I had a positive beta but I was bleeding. She stayed late to teach my husband how to do PIO injections, since we had previously been using progesterone inserts.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
The clinic was great. Everyone I met, from schedulers to nurse anesthesia providers, were so kind, knowledgeable, and helpful. The only weaknesses I can think of was simply passing along my file. After we decided to do IVF, I was expecting a call from the IVF nurse within a week. This didn't happen, and it was only after I called the clinic and followed up with them that my patient file was placed with the IVF nurse.
There were a lot of appointment times available, so it was easy to work around my schedule. It was run very professionally, and was a well-oiled machine. Patti was often my ultrasound tech and she was always so upbeat and kind.
About $10,000 for IVF, $5,000 for stim medications, $1,500 for ICSI, and $5,500 for FET.
Dr. Whitworth felt strongly that for our first transfer we only transfer one embryo (rated 5AA). For our second transfer my husband and I felt strongly about transferring two, and Dr. Whitworth was on board. She provided us with education regarding risks.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Whitworth is kind, and I very much appreciated her bedside manner. However I felt like I wasn't made aware of the impact PCOS symptoms were having on my success probability. I wish I saw her more instead of other technicians, nurses, etc...Ask questions. Discuss with her -- when you can get time with her -- what the ideal results of your before-IUI ultrasound look like so you don't end up going with the flow and perhaps pouring effort/$$$ into unlikely attempts.
Bad experience with a rough ultrasound technician [at Nashville Fertility Center]. Told by a nurse to smile or I wouldn't get pregnant. Loose approach to diagnoses, not frequent enough dealings with actual doctor. Long long wait times....Have definitely felt like a number. Not very friendly toward working professionals as far as appointment times. Had a bad experience with a rough ultrasound technician. Wait times can be long. LGBT-friendly.
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
When I saw Dr. Whitworth, I felt like she treated me as a human. However the practice/fertility center overall often made me feel like a number.
One unmedicated IUI attempt first, with no before-IUI ultrasound (ask for one!), then Clomid for 2 IUIs. After Clomid thinned uterine lining too much, attempted Femara instead but no response to the drug. Back to Clomid for fourth IUI, but at a lower dose.
In one particularly hard visit, a nurse told me to smile or I wouldn't get pregnant. That about sent me over the edge.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
For an IUI with frozen sperm, the thaw and procedure together cost around $450, plus $$ for lab work, sperm, ultrasounds, meds, etc.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
Bad experience with a rough ultrasound technician. Told by a nurse to smile or I wouldn't get pregnant. Loose approach to diagnoses, not frequent enough dealings with actual doctor. Long long wait times.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Other
Dr. Eblen is a warm and personable doctor. She took the time to explain my abnormal anatomy and was open to helping me get pregnant. She was limited in the knowledge of my abnormality which is expected since it’s rare. She did a fantastic job in removing my polyps. However, she failed to warn me about a medicine side effect before my surgery. I feel like she could have done more research in order to help me since my situation was unique.
Long waiting times [at Nashville Fert Ctr]. The nurses and NPs were not warm nor helpful with resources. Phone calls with nurses did not explained the medicine purpose....The front staff were not welcoming nor warm. It was a challenge to connect with the friendly surgery coordinator, since she was so busy. One of the backup ultrasound techs commented on my disability which was inappropriate...The nursing staff were always busy and not always engaging....
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Other
How was your experience with Abby Eblen at Nashville Fertility Center?
You have to ask her to explore all options when deciding on a treatment plan.
Long waiting times. The nurses and NPs were not warm nor helpful with resources. Phone calls with nurses did not explained the medicine purpose.
I did the all the tests such as genetic test, blood test for hormones and thyroid, hysterosalpingogram, sonohysterography, ultrasounds, and MRI. I learned i have MTHFR mutation. They also found polyps which were removed. The first two cycles, I took Clomid and did timed intercourse. The 4 IUIs - took clomid and then femera on days 5-7, then trigger shot if follicle and lining were the right measurements, and next day was intrauterine insemination.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kelly)
The nursing staff were always busy and not always engaging. They tried to be gentle during test and procedures. They tended to forget about preparing the assigned nurse due to my unique anatomy which led to prolonged and sometimes painful procedures. I had to start reminding them to warn the nurses ahead of time.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
The front staff were not welcoming nor warm. It was a challenge to connect with the friendly surgery coordinator, since she was so busy. One of the backup ultrasound techs commented on my disability which was inappropriate. I did love Dr. Eblen and her willingness to take my case.
My insurance covered the tests, most of the medicines, and 50% of the fertility treatments after I met my deductible. The IUIs were several hundreds dollars and husband sperm wash was not covered so it was around $400.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
At my hysterosalpingogram, they did not fully informed the staff of my uterine abnormality which he called Dr. Eblen since he didn’t believe me. This delayed the test and he was not prepared. Dr. Eblen did not inform me of the potential bleeding from taking misoprostol for a surgery.

1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
The MD that I saw, the staff, and nurses were great. However, I have little faith in the technology, lab, and protocols utilized at this clinic [Nashville Fertility Center] I believe their intentions are good, but they lack the experience and technology that some high-volume centers have.... I was on a protocol that used OCPs for priming/suppression and then Lupron. I stimulated with Menopur and Bravelle. After day 7 of stims, I had 0 follicles greater than 10mm. Dr. Montville determined that because I had been on OCPs for so long, I was over suppressed. He wanted me to stay off OCPs for a few months and try again. I did that, but sought out a second opinion in a different state.
1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Dr. Montville is a wonderful human being, but I have no faith in Nashville Fertility Clinic at all. Once I had received a second opinion, that MD believed I was on the wrong protocol, medication type, and dosage while at Nashville Fertility. I spent several thousand dollars on medications, only to have a cancelled cycle.
Do your research on clinic data and success rates. Often times, the lab and protocols are much more important than the skill of the physician.
Dr. Montville took the time to explain the process of egg freezing for fertility preservation to me. He is very knowledgeable and kind. Unfortunately, I had poor response to stimulation meds and was unable to move forward with egg retrieval with Dr. Montville. When he realized the cycle was not going to work out, he personally called me on the phone to explain the details and walked me through the options. He spent at least 20 minutes on the phone with me that day. Even though I did not get the results I wanted, I did feel like he did the best that he could and was a compassionate doctor.
My primary nurse was very accessible. She was very responsive to emails or calls during the process.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
The MD that I saw, the staff, and nurses were great. However, I have little faith in the technology, lab, and protocols utilized at this clinic. I believe their intentions are good, but they lack the experience and technology that some high-volume centers have.
Egg freezing was 10K, medications were about 7K