Franklin Satellite Location
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
345 23rd Ave. N
Nashville, TN 37203

Treated 2016 - 2018
Dr. Whitworth has a sweet, understanding personality yet she is to the point. She knows my fear of certain procedures ... and yet she takes her time to make sure I’m comfortable before proceeding. She constantly asks how I am doing and if I’m ok. She takes her time and doesn’t rush. ... After failed cycles, she wouldn’t push us to do anything and let us decide what step was best for us.
I was able to get my monitoring visits at times available to my schedule. ... Our IVF cycle (not including medicines) was around $18,000 which included PGS testing, retrieval, and one FET. ... A strength that NFC has is they have lots of staff members with exceptional knowledge from billing, insurance, nurses to doctors. One weakness is that the office is very busy but at the same time they do their best to accommodate each patient and their needs.
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Whitworth has a sweet, understanding personality yet she is to the point. She knows my fear of certain procedures (stitch before FET) and yet she takes her time to make sure I’m comfortable before proceeding. She constantly asks how I am doing and if I’m ok. She takes her time and doesn’t rush.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Be honest and upfront with Dr. Whitworth because she will be understanding of your needs no matter what they are.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
She took the time to go over the details in our initial consultation. She went over our options - clomid, IUIs, IVF and diagnostic testing. After failed cycles, she wouldn’t push us to do anything and let us decide what step was best for us.
Describe the protocols Christine Whitworth used in your cycles at Nashville Fertility Center and their degree of success.
After initial work up, Dr. Whitworth tried a cycle of clomid and a cycle of letrozole both ended up with negative pregnancy tests. She wanted to start out slow to try and figure out my body/responses. She ordered an HSG to check my tubes trying to see if there was any problems. She then tried 3 cycles of IUIs with clomid also resulting in negative pregnancy tests. We then decided to do IVF since more IUIs wouldn’t be as successful. I responded great to the stimulation/medicines (Follistim, Ganirelix, Menopur and Lupron) and retrieval was easier than expected. She was able to do our last FET and stitch/dilation needed for FET.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kim)
Our nurse Kim was/is such a blessing to us. I am the type where I have lots of questions because I want to know more details, next steps, what to expect, etc. Every question I asked, she had an answer and eased my mind. She is very knowledgeable, caring, and understanding. I never felt rushed with her at any point. I am able to communicate with her easily and her response is fast. She truly cares about her patients.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Nashville Fertility Center.
I was able to get my monitoring visits at times available to my schedule.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center.

Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Whitworth was very nice during our original consultation. She stated that most couples conceive within 3 medicated cycles. Sadly that was not the case for us. At times she would seem compassionate but other times I felt like she had forgotten about me or was irritated that treatments weren't working.... First we did several rounds of clomid and trigger shot but my lining was too thin. Then several of femara and trigger shot with no luck. A few times my ultrasound got scheduled too late and I developed cysts so I had to be put on progesterone bc pills and be out until they went away. I had one positive pregnanxy cycle but hcg was very low. I was put immediately on progesterone but numbers kept lowering. I did a total of 5-6 cycles of iui with femara and trigger shot.
Some nurses [at Nashville Fertility Center-Nashville] were nice, some treated you like a number. When i had my chemical pregnancy they called and said good news! Your hcg is almost gone, which I wasn't expecting. They were not careful with their words at all.... Way too many people served there. Never received calls back in a timely manner. Always had to call myself.
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Be sure to ask questions.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Nashville Fertility Center.
Some nurses were nice, some treated you like a number. When i had my chemical pregnancy they called and said good news! Your hcg is almost gone, which I wasn't expecting. They were not careful with their words at all.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Strengths for NFC: close location to my home, nice building, access, and parking Weaknesses for NFC: too many patients, poor communication, you feel like you have no hope and they certainly don't give any to you
Ultrasounds were a little over $100 apiece, hcg shot was about $100 as well. Iui was $500.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
I've mentioned most already. They never called back and I always had to call them for results. They weren't concerned when I was very newly pregnant ( ended in chemical) and I was having severe back pain.

Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
Dr. Whitworth oversaw several IUIs for my husband and I. The clinic nurse, a different one every time, performed the IUIs. They did not write information down about what size speculum to use, so be sure to ask them to makes notes in case you have to repeat the experience. We tried Femara and the IUI...did not make me feel important or that she cared about our case. I feel like she focused on my numbers and did not see me as a person with feelings and concerns. We waited for two or three hours to see her on our first appointment at her clinic and no one came out to tell us that there was any reason (we had waited three months for this appointment). It was a very frustrating first visit to this clinic.
This clinic [Nashville Fertility Center] needs to work on their professionalism and care coordination...Strengths: you can get monitored early in the morning in the case that you need to get to work. There is valet parking outside. The clinic is easy to find. Weaknesses: The ultrasound experience was painful and harsh. The office lost my file on one occasion. The billing department was inconsistent.
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
This doctor was very busy and not present during our visit in such a way I do not think that she thought that our case was very important. I translated that to mean that she didn't think that our chance of success was very high. Her delivery of information was harsh to my husband. She never made eye contact with my husband in the first meeting, which made him feel very unimportant.
Have you thought of trying other clinics or other doctors?
Dr. Whitworth did not make me feel important or that she cared about our case. I feel like she focused on my numbers and did not see me as a person with feelings and concerns. We waited for two or three hours to see her on our first appointment at her clinic and no one came out to tell us that there was any reason (we had waited three months for this appointment). It was a very frustrating first visit to this clinic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Andrea)
Failed to return calls, lost results, were not compassionate to me in the clinic with our interactions.
6-7,000
Describe Christine Whitworth's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Nashville Fertility Center.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
This clinic needs to work on their professionalism and care coordination.
Treated 2016 - 2018
I have always felt like she [Dr. Christine Whitworth] was my partner in trying to reach this goal of having a child. Every step of the way she's supported me, listened and taken into consideration my situation, sometimes lack of funds and emotional well-being as we continue to move forward.... First did unmedicated IUI. Next we did a round of IVF with Gonal F and my resulting 2 embryos were chromosomally abnormal. I then did an FSH IUI with Follistem + Novarel + Ovidrel. First try with 1st donor was a BFN. Second try with 2nd donor was a BFP but baby's heartbeat was gone at 7w2d (likely chromosome issue again like IVF results) because it was awful trying to complete miscarriage (embryo was happy to hang around).
They [Nashville Fertility Center] generally run on time but there are times of extended waits for a scheduled appointment. That being said, when I needed to go in for last minute blood work or an u/s that was unscheduled they ALWAYS worked me in and honored my request to come in. Biggest weakness I'd have to say is having to leave messages for the nurses and them calling back later. It often ends up in a game of phone tag and you don't get to talk it through.
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Infertility is a world of taking chances and hoping to hit the lucky combination. It is t fair to look to a doctor to have all of the answers, they can only give you the options. We've explored many options from IUI to IVF to FSH IUI. Sometimes it looks like it will work and it doesn't. Sometimes it feels like nothing is different but then you see a line getting darker on a pregnancy. Sometimes a heartbeat is there one week and gone the next. None of this hangs on Dr. Whitworth's shoulders or assessments, not does it fall on my body. Getting and staying pregnant is a shooting star and we're all just hoping to take a ride on one. Dr. Whitworth has always championed me and my options in this journey and I will see this through with her by my side.
Expect the unexpected and don't have expectations or a timeline. Specifically, she will advocate for you so advocate for yourself and she will support you.
I have always felt like she was my partner in trying to reach this goal of having a child. Every step of the way she's supported me, listened and taken into consideration my situation, sometimes lack of funds and emotional well-being as we continue to move forward.
First did unmedicated IUI. Next we did a round of IVF with Gonal F and my resulting 2 embryos were chromosomally abnormal. I then did an FSH IUI with Follistem + Novarel + Ovidrel. First try with 1st donor was a BFN. Second try with 2nd donor was a BFP but baby's heartbeat was gone at 7w2d (likely chromosome issue again like IVF results) because it was awful trying to complete miscarriage (embryo was happy to hang around). Thought IVF would be best way to guarantee multiple embryos but proved that my diminished egg count is also matched with poor egg quality.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Nashville Fertility Center.
Everyone is very helpful, compassionate, supportive and capable.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
They generally run on time but there are times of extended waits for a scheduled appointment. That being said, when I needed to go in for last minute blood work or an u/s that was unscheduled they ALWAYS worked me in and honored my request to come in. Biggest weakness I'd have to say is having to leave messages for the nurses and them calling back later. It often ends up in a game of phone tag and you don't get to talk it through.
$$$$$. 16,000 for retrieval, 7,000 for transfer (that never happened, I think 90% was refunded). $500 per IUI procedure, approx $3,000 per FSH IUI all in with meds + donor sperm. $500 for initial visit. $500 for genetic testing.
No applicable.
Nashville

This is a big clinic [Nashville Fertility Center], you’re not going to get as much doctor time as a smaller clinic. I don’t mind this, but I think it’s personal preference. If you prefer seeing your doctor at every appt. this is not the place for you. I do get to ask all my questions when I meet with Dr. Eblen and I’m always able to call the nurses line if I have more questions. They always call me back.... The ultrasounds are $190 I believe, blood tests were around $100, the IUI process including my husband’s sperm washing is around $500
How was your experience with Abby Eblen at Nashville Fertility Center?
I really like Dr. Eblen. She communicates well although quickly. She’s very busy, but she will make time to answer all your questions. She’s kind and sympathetic. I like that she was much more aggressive in treatments than my previous doctor which is important because of my age. What I don’t like about Dr. Eblen is that she moves a bit too quickly because she’s so busy. I also don’t like that she does not perform the IUIs herself, but I know it’s because it’s a larger clinic and they just don’t have the time.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Abby Eblen at Nashville Fertility Center?
Write down your questions so you make sure you get them all answered because she moves very quickly
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Abby Eblen at Nashville Fertility Center?
She’s personable and kind, but also straightforward and talks and moves quickly through information.
Describe the protocols Abby Eblen used in your cycles at Nashville Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I started IUIs immediately with Dr. Eblen because my last doctor spent too much time on just clomid & femara and timed intercourse. I started last March the first IUI, I switched doctors as I was taking the last round of clomid with my last doctor so we tried the IUI then. It did not work. Dr. Eblen changed my medication to an increased dose of femara and injection of ovidrel. The second IUI worked, but resulted in miscarriage. We tried a third IUI with the same procedure and it did not work. We are trying one more time with the same protocols and then reevaluating things if it does not work again.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Nashville Fertility Center.
Most of the nurses are great, very kind and compassionate and informative. Of course there are some that are not as compassionate and not as personable.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
This is a big clinic, you’re not going to get as much doctor time as a smaller clinic. I don’t mind this, but I think it’s personal preference. If you prefer seeing your doctor at every appt. this is not the place for you. I do get to ask all my questions when I meet with Dr. Eblen and I’m always able to call the nurses line if I have more questions. They always call me back. I am not to the IVF stage in treatment yet so I don’t have much information on that. That will be our next step if our last IUI does not work. Overall I like how this clinic works. I can always get my questions answered and any information I want. For how big the clinic is I surprising do not ever have to wait a long time at appointments.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Abby Eblen at Nashville Fertility Center.
Unfortunately our insurance does not cover any costs related to fertility. The ultrasounds are $190 I believe, blood tests were around $100, the IUI process including my husband’s sperm washing is around $500
Nashville

Dr. Eblen is super sweet. She listens to every statement or question that you ask. You can tell that she is compassionate about helping people get pregnant. She explains in detail in a way that you can clearly understand... She educated us that they only transfer one single embryo that has the best chance of survival. I prefer a single embryo over multiple.
I felt like a human because the staff [at Nashville Fertility Center] are super friendly. Every time I got emotional due to diagnosis they comforted me. They were hopeful for me. I love that when you walk in they immediately greet you and give you a wrist band. They also have christian values which are important to me.
How was your experience with Abby Eblen at Nashville Fertility Center?
The one piece of advice i would give is to ALWAYS leave a message if you dont get answer on the phone. They are busy and messages are the best way to contact them.
I felt like a human because the staff are super friendly. Every time I got emotional due to diagnosis they comforted me. They were hopeful for me. I love that when you walk in they immediately greet you and give you a wrist band. They also have christian values which are important to me.
She did a transvaginal ultrasound to look at my uterus, ovaries and follicles. She then felt because my periods are regular that doing IUI without medication assistant was best.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Nashville Fertility Center.
The nursing staff are all very friendly and informative. However, sometimes the communication between themselves could use improvement. I also think they should make it easier to contact them for payments etc. Besides that this is an awesome clinic and I refer everyone to them.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
the clinics strengths: friendly, informative, compassionate, knowledgeable and caring. They love what they do and you can tell. Clinics weaknesses: trying to reach them via phone can be tasking at times.
the cost is pretty typical for fertility treatments
Describe Abby Eblen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Nashville Fertility Center.
Nashville
Wonderful experience all around [with Dr. George Hill]! Was willing to listen to me and adjust the plan accordingly. Even when faced with what I felt was a brick wall he adjusted the plan and was willing to work with us to be successful. He answered all of our questions and was always patient with us...he is a wonderful doctor and very knowledgeable with great bedside manner!!
I was planning to transfer multiple embryo [at Nashville Fertility Center] but was encouraged d/t embryo staging that one would be best option...Strengths: Communication, Compassion, Wonderful bedside manner, VERY organized process, short wait time when at the office, very thorough, flexible to change, very inclusive, all the staff are friendly and helpful Weakness: NONE!
How was your experience with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
Wonderful experience all around! Was willing to listen to me and adjust the plan accordingly. Even when faced with what I felt was a brick wall he adjusted the plan and was willing to work with us to be successful. He answered all of our questions and was always patient with us.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
Feel confident going into it because he is a wonderful doctor and very knowledgeable with great bedside manner!!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
Very compassionate and everyone at the office was friendly and welcoming. Nurse practitioner Tina was wonderful! She would also get back to me the day I contacted her and would spend as much time as I needed answering questions and discussing the plan.
Describe the protocols George Hill used in your cycles at Nashville Fertility Center and their degree of success.
FET - estrogen patches combined with estrace and Lupron to build uterine lining. When lining didn't respond trialed Neupogen then decided to move forward as planned with FET. Started Progesterone injections and then added Crinone gel when progesterone was not high enough.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Tina)
LOVE TINA!!! She was wonderful during the whole experience. Always took time to listen and was so compassionate especially when things didn't go as planned. She always returned my calls. I never felt that I wasn't heard at this office which is HUGE in this process. I cant say enough wonderful things about Tina!
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center.
Since transferred embryos and oocytes from another clinic costs did increase d/t the thawing process of the embryos (day 1). Otherwise reasonable costs and comparable to other clinics.
Describe George Hill's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Nashville Fertility Center.
I was planning to transfer multiple embryo but was encouraged d/t embryo staging that one would be best option.
Treated 2015 - 2018
Ellen [nurse at Nashville Fertility Center] is amazing! She was always very organized, prompt at getting back to me through email or phone calls and very caring and compassionate...The costs were in line with other fertility clinics in the area...I was very pleased with the safety protocols in place with the staff double checking everything every step along the way for every visit I had. I always felt cared about and like my success mattered to everyone involved in my treatment.
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Whitworth was very personable from the get go and we felt that she was both encouraging and realistic. My husband and I went in to our journey at NFC knowing that we had both female and male factor issues. Dr. Whitworth spent time with us answering all of our questions and presenting the facts in a realistic but positive manner. She referred us to an amazing doctor to perform my husband's sperm harvesting and followed up with his doctor and us to check on how it went. When my first HSG showed a possible unicornate uterus, Dr. Whitworth took the time to explain things to me and performed a follow up HSG to be sure of the diagnosis. After our first injectable cycle did not give us the results we had hoped for, Dr. Whitworth spent time with us going over our options and giving us the realistic facts of what would give us the best chance at success. We ended up deciding to use donor sperm with an IUI since my body was not responding well and was only producing a few follicles. Dr. Whitworth never hesitated to spend time answering my many questions and always made me feel like I mattered to her. I had full confidence in her ability and trusted her decisions and recommendations. We were successful on our third cycle with Dr. Whitworth and when we got our positive result, Dr. Whitworth celebrated with us.
I would encourage anyone that is going in to meet with Dr. Whitworth to come in with questions that they have and to also have an open mind to hear what Dr. Whitworth's suggestions and recommendations are for the best course of treatment.
Dr. Whitworth consistently took the time to meet with us and listen to our concerns. She always answered all of my questions and never made me feel as if I was wasting her time or that my questions were not important. She celebrated our success with us when I did have a positive outcome but she also made a personal phone call to me on multiple occasions when things were not going as planned.
First cycle - Planning on IVF with ICSI - Used Gonal F (225 am and pm), Menopur (75 am and pm) and Lupron (20 am and pm) - monitoring did not show significant follicles (only 2 measurable with one below trigger size) - options were to cancel, continue with retrieval or switch to IUI with donor sperm - switched to IUI with donor sperm and cycle was not successful Second cycle - Plan on IUI with donor sperm - Femara 5mg days 3-7 - one follicle but on right side where I do not have a fallopian tube Third cycle - Plan on IUI with donor sperm - Gonal F (150 am and pm) - 3 measurable follicles all on the left- IUI - positive beta resulting in a full term birth of one baby
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Ellen)
Ellen is amazing! She was always very organized, prompt at getting back to me through email or phone calls and very caring and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
The costs were in line with other fertility clinics in the area.
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Hill has been doing this type of medicine since the year I was born. He is very knowledgable. He showed compassion during the miscarriage we suffered after our first FET. Always made sure that it's fine to be sad. I only saw him for my consultation appointment, when we transferred and then for our weekly ultrasounds.We never waited long for him to come to our room and was very attentive to our plan and what was going on.
Strength is that they [Nashville Fertility Center] for the most part have friendly staff.... My IVF nurse, Tina, called after hours, as late as 7 or 8 at night just to check in, relay lab results and talk about medication dosing changes because she knows as a nurse I am unable to talk while on the clock.... hey have various appt. times through the day which make it nice to get the earliest and get to work only missing 30 minutes. Weakness is that they are busy so sometimes it seems like you can be just a number, especially during your stim cycle. The main ultrasound tech is not the most sympathetic. She does not show you what she is looking at or measuring and just rushes to get on to the next one.
How was your experience with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Hill has been doing this type of medicine since the year I was born. He is very knowledgable. He showed compassion during the miscarriage we suffered after our first FET. Always made sure that it's fine to be sad. I only saw him for my consultation appointment, when we transferred and then for our weekly ultrasounds. We never waited long for him to come to our room and was very attentive to our plan and what was going on. My only negative was after our miscarriage he told us we would transfer about 6 months earlier then when we actually will transfer again. In the grand scheme 6 months is not tons but when you are at this stage of trying to have a baby you are just to ready for a successful cycle.
He is old, sweet but make sure you have your questions written down before meeting with him. He is a very smooth talker and reassures you he has a plan which totally makes you forget all the questions you came in having.
My IVF nurse, Tina, called after hours, as late as 7 or 8 at night just to check in, relay lab results and talk about medication dosing changes because she knows as a nurse I am unable to talk while on the clock. Dr. Hill was always very sweet, asked if we had questions and was very cautious with our baby as our beta hcg did not climb as it was suppose to. As my husband and I always try to look at the positive Dr. Hill always reminded me it is fine not to be ok after a miscarriage and it is fine to grieve the loss of your child. While we were waiting to start the "natural miscarry" process Tina would call and check in all the time to see how it was going, make sure I was not worried, I was staying well hydrated and that once it started I was feeling ok. They are easy to get ahold of, always return calls and emails day of.
I used an antagonist protocol as I am 26, great AMH level, very fertile, not having any known issues or previous OB history. I took Gonal-F, cetrotide and Menopur. With the fear of OHSS we used 80 units of Lupron as my trigger which was great because we were already freezing all for PGS testing. I felt well on the medication and grew 30 mature follicles.
I love my primary nurse. She is great at communicating, calls to check in on how we are doing and looks at our chart in between visits to keep up to date and see if there is anything else we should be doing in the meantime. The girls who do the lab draws are great, they have never missed my vein. Ultrasound tech, slightly older but she is their main girl is on a bad note with us. Our HCG did not double q48 hours as it was suppose to so we were in more frequently for ultrasounds. At one of these visits when we should have seen a great heartbeat it was slow and not promising. She literally said to us "I had more hope for the pregnancy then this." She lacked so much empathy and grace when talking with patients. With our next round I am going to request I do not come in when she is in the office. We obviously are new at this, we are scared going in week after week waiting for the worst to happen and she was just rude.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Strength is that they for the most part have friendly staff. Our primary nurse is caring and has been doing this for years. I have not heard a person say they did not like TIna or Dr. Hill. They have various appt. times through the day which make it nice to get the earliest and get to work only missing 30 minutes. Weakness is that they are busy so sometimes it seems like you can be just a number, especially during your stim cycle. The main ultrasound tech is not the most sympathetic. She does not show you what she is looking at or measuring and just rushes to get on to the next one.
I think we paid about 20k to the clinic, including PGS but not medication. Medication cost around 5k more and I even had some meds gifted to me from the LiveStrong Foundation
I understand the risks with transferring multiple. Since our embryos are PGS normal he will only allow the transfer of 1 at a time due to the risks of having multiples
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
While you are in a rush to get all your paperwork turned in, esp. if you don't start with birth control pills. They lost part of the paperwork that needed to be notarized. Thankfully the office has a notary. They also had confusion with billing and not knowing what was part of the IVF flat rate. Several times they tried to have us pay but thankfully I knew what was included in our original payment and could fight it. Also as I am having my progesterone checked to try to get into my next cycle they ordered an Estrodiol instead which created a delay in results.
Treated 2016 - 2018
Even though Dr. Weitzmann was not very empathetic, he was very honest and answered all of my questions to the best of his ability. I never felt rushed. I felt like my process mattered and we were working together to create a baby for my family.... Dr. Weitzman did my cyst removal and was great during the procedure and made me feel confident that everything was ok. He also met with me after my miscarriage and chemical pregnancy and went over what went wrong.
The nurse staff and admin staff [Nashville Fertility Center] have always helped me with whatever issue I have had. If they do not know the answer, they seek it out and put me with someone who does know the answer.... The billing department is thorough and if there is an overcharge or insurance payment, you will get money back but it is still alot of money!... With everything for the last cycle which includes medications and one transfer, it was $20,000
How was your experience with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Weitzman is extremely experienced in the fertility field and relies heavily on his experience. He is confident in his assements and gave me confidence that the process would be successful. Dr. Weitzman did my cyst removal and was great during the procedure and made me feel confident that everything was ok. He also met with me after my miscarriage and chemical pregnancy and went over what went wrong. It would have been nice to have him do all of my procedures but he is very busy!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Weitzman is not very touchy feely. He does though answer all of your questions and will be on your side through the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
Even though Dr. Weitzmann was not very empathetic, he was very honest and answered all of my questions to the best of his ability. I never felt rushed. I felt like my process mattered and we were working together to create a baby for my family. I have felt supported by him and his nurse and the staff at NFC through the whole process. We have gone through one retrieval and two transfers with no success and are starting a second retrieval with hopes of a different outcome and I feel like Dr. Weitzman is on the same page as my husband and I.
Describe the protocols Glenn Weitzman used in your cycles at Nashville Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I first did three IUI cycles with no success. I then had a cyst removed and had a hysteroscopy. I then started IVF. For the retrieval, I took Follistim (225 units) and Menopur (75 units). I also used Ganirelix and did a Lupron trigger. For the transfers, I used progesterone in oil (1-2mL's a day) and estradiol (0.1mL twice a week). For the retrieval, I got 12 eggs, 8 fertilized, 3 embryos and 2 were PGS tested normal. The first female embryo implanted but died at ~6 weeks because the embryo was tetraploidy (4 sets of chromosomes). I had a D&C to find that out. The second male embryo implanted but ended in a chemical pregnancy. We do not know what happened - whether is was the embryo or if my week long flu/cold affected the pregnancy. Because of my good response to the retrieval the first time, we are using that same protocol for the next retrieval. I am on birth control now! Wish me luck!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Andie Sporck)
I love my IVF nurse. She is amazing. She is always on top of everything. If I have a question, she responds quickly. She is also helpful with getting me help with the bills or discounts if needed. When our transfers didn't work, I felt a little like I let her down! I felt her disappointment too which was comforting. And if she is not available, the other nurses have been just as helpful and warm and caring. I love the whole nursing staff at NFC.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Some people feel that NFC is about numbers but I do not feel that way. The nurse staff and admin staff have always helped me with whatever issue I have had. If they do not know the answer, they seek it out and put me with someone who does know the answer. Once I had to pick up my stepdaughter at a certain time and the front desk staff helped to get me in just in time to get my blood drawn so I could make it. NFC is expensive however. The billing department is thorough and if there is an overcharge or insurance payment, you will get money back but it is still alot of money! We won't be able to try again if this round does not work but I have faith that they will do their best to help me have a healthy baby.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center.
Describe Glenn Weitzman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Nashville Fertility Center.
Dr. Weitzman and the clinic only want to implant one PGS tested embryo. They are very against multiple births because of the risks involved.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
There was one time that I was pretty sure I made a bloodwork appointment but there was no record when I went in that I made an appointment. They were able to squeeze me in anyway however but I think one of the front desk staff was a little annoyed.
Nashville
Dr. Montville has the best bedside manner of any doctor I have worked with to date. He gets to know his patients and treats the person, not just the condition. He explains everything very thoroughly and with kindness. I never feel rushed when I'm in an appointment with him....I have Crohn's disease, so our first step has been making sure there is no tubal damage or damage to my organs resulting from the surgeries I have had. Our goal together is to make sure I am in optimum health and shape to do IVF.
Tennessee Fertility Institute is an excellent facility and I would recommend it to anyone. I like that its a smaller clinic so they are able to spend a lot more one on one time with patients. It's clean, bright and friendly and the staff is very caring...The nursing staff at Tennessee Fertility Institute are always kinds and upbeat. They too make me feel like a human and not a number. They show compassion and understanding.
How was your experience with Christopher Montville at Nashville Fertility Center?
It is very clear he cares deeply about his patients and not just his success numbers. He is thorough and kind, and very patient with all my questions and he LISTENS. I would recommend him to anyone without a doubt.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christopher Montville at Nashville Fertility Center?
Come in with lots of questions and take notes - he will explain things as much or as little as you require.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christopher Montville at Nashville Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Christopher Montville used in your cycles at Nashville Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I have Crohn's disease, so our first step has been making sure there is no tubal damage or damage to my organs resulting from the surgeries I have had. Our goal together is to make sure I am in optimum health and shape to do IVF. He has been a big advocate of me checking in with my Gastroenterologist for this. From here our goal is to ready my system for IVF and set up our schedule for that procedure.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christopher Montville at Nashville Fertility Center.
While we haven't actually begun IVF, the costs were explained to us. The clinic and doctor fees amount to $13,000 and the medication is estimated at $4,000-$7,000 for your first round of IVF.
Describe Christopher Montville's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Nashville Fertility Center.
Dr. Montville prefers eSET, as do I. He explained that with my history of autoimmune disease, and the fact that I will already be a high risk pregnancy because of it, it is much safer for me to carry one child at a time. I agree whole-heartedly with this approach and appreciate that my health and well-being is a priority over statistics.
Christopher Montville
Treated 2017 - 2018
Overall we were please with Dr. whitworth. She seemed to be intelligent and forward thinking. She just seemed too busy to really focus on us as individual patients...We went back to clomid after being on a different medication. I loved that she looked back at my chart to see that that was a better fit. That ended up working but we lost our child in miscarriage. Other than that we just kept having surgery after surgery to treat my endometriosis. It didn’t at the time seem to make any difference.
Once we were there [Nashville Fertility Center] for an appointment to talk with the doctor about IVF. They have had it on the books for a month. This is after being a patient for 2 years. We got there and they forgot to pass our folder on so we sat for 30 min then my husband when to check and they realized and so it took another 20 min. Then, when we went back, the doctor [Dr. Whitworth] said “How can I help you today?”...There are times when I would like to speak to someone quickly and there is no one ever answering calls. Maybe they could have a nurse who’s job is to answer silly calls from hormonal stressed out patients.
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Overall we were please with Dr. whitworth. She seemed to be intelligent and forward thinking. She just seemed too busy to really focus on us as individual patients. She is a reflection of her clinic. I believe the clinic needs some major improvements.
With any doctor, you must be your biggest advocate.
NFC was just too busy. Long wait times and quick care never made me feel good about the quality of care we were receiving.
I had a few nurses who helped me during my time with NFC however, Ellen stood out and made me feel cared for and in good hands. Her positivity got me through the many rough patches.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
We didn’t get the results we were looking for so it’s hard to find strengths. I would say the nurses were the best part. My nurse really cared for me. Unfortunately, I have a handful of weaknesses. First, after attending NFC for 4 years the ladies at the front desk still said,”can I get your name” every time I came. Second, the wait time was always so long and the waiting room is really uncomfortable. Once I was meeting with my doctor and they left in the middle of my appointment to do another ultrasound. It’s just proof, you are too busy. Lastly, after two failed IVF transfers and no embryos remaining. I never once heard from anyone at NFC checking in on my husband or I to see how we were or if they could help. We received the voicemail that it didn’t work and that was it. $40,000 later and nothing. Lastly, the IVF voicemail. There are times when I would like to speak to someone quickly and there is no one ever answering calls. Maybe they could have a nurse who’s job is to answer silly calls from hormonal stressed out patients.
Around $40,000 IVF, meds, and Surgeries
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
Once we were there for an appointment to talk with the doctor about IVF. They have had it on the books for a month. This is after being a patient for 2 years. We got there and they forgot to pass our folder on so we sat for 30 min then my husband when to check and they realized and so it took another 20 min. Then, when we went back, the doctor said “How can I help you today?” Read your file!
Treated 2017 - 2018
Seeking fertility treatment was a very emotionally charged time for my husband and I and Dr Whitworth did a wonderful job of making us both feel very comfortable at our first consultation. She was very thorough and clinical with the initial consultation and all related testing....We have our third and final IUI scheduled for next month. If unsuccessful, we will again meet with Dr Whitworth to discuss further treatment options.
The clinic [Nashville Fertility Center] is always clean and the rooms are always prepared for the patient upon arrival. For the most part, we have been taken back for all of our appointments on time. We had one occurrence where staff was running behind and we waited about 1 hour before meeting with the doctor. The staff members who complete your check out after your appointment are wonderful!
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr Whitworth and her nursing staff have done a great job at making my husband and I feel like people and not numbers. They are all super friendly and welcoming and genuinely interested in how your treatment is progressing.
My husband and I have been diagnosed with unexplained infertility. We initially completed 2 cycles of timed intercourse with femara (unsure of exact dosage), ultrasound monitoring, and ovidrel injections. Both cycles resulted in a negative pregnancy test. We then completed 1 IUI cycle with femara (unsure of exact dosage), ultrasound monitoring, and ovidrel injections. This cycle resulted in a negative pregnancy test. We completed a second IUI cycle with clomid (50 mg), ultrasound monitoring, and ovidrel injection. This cycle resulted in a negative pregnancy test. I switched from femara to clomid secondary to side effects (namely severe headaches). With all of my femara cycles, I only had 1-2 follicles to be ovulated for each cycle. With clomid, I had 3-5 follicles to be ovulated. We have our third and final IUI scheduled for next month. If unsuccessful, we will again meet with Dr Whitworth to discuss further treatment options.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Nashville Fertility Center.
All of the nursing staff have been super friendly and able to answer all of my questions! They quickly respond to any questions left via voicemail with a prompt call back.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Nashville Fertility Clinic has many strengths. The clinic is always clean and the rooms are always prepared for the patient upon arrival. For the most part, we have been taken back for all of our appointments on time. We had one occurrence where staff was running behind and we waited about 1 hour before meeting with the doctor. The staff members who complete your check out after your appointment are wonderful! On weekends and holidays when the check out staff members are not working you complete your checkout with the receptionist/check in staff. They are not as knowledgeable in regard to billing and I have had to check on my billing at later appointments to make sure it is correct.
Our insurance provider, United Healthcare, has covered portions of all of our treatment components with the exception of ovidrel shots. Ovidrel shots were around $90 per shot (not covered by our insurance as previously stated). Femara was around $4 per prescription (with insurance). Clomid was around $13 per prescription (with insurance). We paid around $231 following each ultrasound + office visit to discuss ultrasound results. We paid around $564 following each IUI. Our timed intercourse cycles with femara, ultrasound monitoring, and ovidrel injections were roughly $325 per cycle. Our IUI cycle with femara, ultrasound monitoring, and ovidrel injection was roughly $889. Our IUI cycle with clomid, ultrasound monitoring, and ovidrel injection was roughly $898.

Treated 2017
We were put on femera because I did not respond well to clomid. Dr weitzman decided femera would be a better choice. (And it was!) We did timed intercourse unsuccessfully and he decided we should do the iui. The first 2 were unsuccessful .... the problem being I was not successfully ovulating. We did 3 iui’s and the third one was successful. He was very compassionate but to the point with his advice on next steps.
Everyone we came in contact with [at Nashville Fertility Center- Nashville] was so kind and professional all at the same time. They treated you with respect and kindness through every step.... The nursing staff was always so friendly and wonderful to visit with while going through something prettt uncomfortable. They were kind and always remembered us personally (or acted like it even if they didn’t! )
How was your experience with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Weitzman was wonderful to work with. He was compassionate and got to the point all at the same time. What stuck out the most to me was after my sweet daughter was born dr. Weitzman called me to check on ya personally. He called and asked so many questions and was genuinely happy for us as a new family. That is my favorite memory of our experience with him.
Be proactive and take notes of the important things to do!
Everyone we came in contact with was so kind and professional all at the same time. They treated you with respect and kindness through every step.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Be organized and be proactive for your own health! The doctors and nurses are wonderful even down to the front desk staff!! They were always friendly, kind, and happy to talk with. My advice would be to stand your ground and don’t be Afraid to stand up for what you think. This is your body and your money and you have a say in every situation.
$2500 for the last iui (that worked) including shots, meds, procedure, labs, visits The other cycles costed about $1500 each time.
Treated 2015 - 2017
Dr. Whitworth was very kind and approachable. I actually switched to her after being referred to another doctor who seemed rather cold and harsh. On top of how compassionate she was, she is also skilled! She performed my tubal removal surgery and my egg retrieval. She was very helpful and always in a cheerful mood. She seemed to go above and beyond to take care of me holistically. She is a saint! I cannot express how thankful I am for her.
I enjoyed my entire experience at NFC. Very clean facility. Friendly staff. One thing I can think of as a weakness is the first time I was waiting on pregnancy test results. I took the test at 8 or 9 am and had to call back at office closing time to retrieve the results. As a fertility patient, the last thing we want to do is wait an entire day for those results. That was the ONLY time I had to wait an entire day.
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
I would tell the patient to be very open about her needs. Dr. Whitworth was very helpful with all aspects of my care, physically, mentally, and emotionally.
Visits with Dr. Whitworth and NFC were always very exciting. I was always happy and never felt rushed. I don’t think there was a time I felt like a number. Dr. Whitworth was very warm and approachable.
For my first fresh transfer, I only had one embry to transfer which is what she would’ve recommended anyways for the risk of multiples was a factor. That transfer was unsuccessful. For my first frozen transfer a year later we transferred two frozen day 6 embryos. Transferring 2 embryos this time were ideal since we wanted to be a little more aggressive because of my first failed transfer. I now have a 10 month old because of the frozen transfer! I don’t remember specifics but I do remember a lot less medication and stress with my frozen transfer!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center.
The nursing staff was very organized and informative. They were very responsive to emails and phone calls. Overall great team!
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
I remember it being during a certain time but there was nothing hectic about it. It was easy.
$10,000 for fresh IVF cycle. $7000 total medication for fresh cycle. Around $5-6000 for frozen cycle.
Dr. Whitworth was very informative about both eSet vs multiple embryo transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
Only once out of the 3 years I was seen by NFC did they fail to call me with a lab result on time.
Treated 2015 - 2017
I often waited over 45 minutes to see Dr. Hill and when I finally spoke with him it always felt rushed...All 3 of my IUI's were traumatic for me because Dr. Hill and his staff were unable to get through my cervix. I'm not convinced that they ever actually did the IUI correctly. When we finally switched to another clinic in Atlanta the doctor was able to get through my cervix within a few seconds. Dr. Hill had tried for over an hour one time and even said he would need to put me asleep to perform the next IUI. I felt like he had zero concern for my time because I was often left waiting well over 45 minutes to consultations or followups.
Several doctors tried to perform my IUI [at Nashville Fertility Center] and were unable to puncture my cervix. I feel like I wasted money of those cycles and wasted time...IUI around $1,000 each... I always felt like a number. The waiting room is full of people and it seems so doom and gloom in there. The only positive at NFC is how friendly the ladies in the business office were... I often waited over 45 minutes to see Dr. Hill and when I finally spoke with him it always felt rushed.
How was your experience with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Hill is VERY friendly and that was wonderful for us in the beginning. I feel like he never exactly made a plan of action for my treatment. All 3 of my IUI's were traumatic for me because Dr. Hill and his staff were unable to get through my cervix. I'm not convinced that they ever actually did the IUI correctly. When we finally switched to another clinic in Atlanta the doctor was able to get through my cervix within a few seconds. Dr. Hill had tried for over an hour one time and even said he would need to put me asleep to perform the next IUI. I felt like he had zero concern for my time because I was often left waiting well over 45 minutes to consultations or followups.
Keep looking! I wish I had my 2 years back :(
With Nashville Fertility I completely felt like a number. I often waited over 45 minutes to see Dr. Hill and when I finally spoke with him it always felt rushed.
I did 3 IUI cycles with Clomid. I don't remember many specifics but I do know that the clinic was closed on some of my ovulation dates. I felt very rushed when my IUI occurred over a holiday. The nurses and Doctor seemed super annoyed that I needed service if it was a weekend or holiday.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Nashville Fertility Center.
I don't have any good memories of the nursing staff. I always felt rushed and like my time wasn't valued while waiting so long for the doctor.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Nashville Fertility - I always felt like a number. The waiting room is full of people and it seems so doom and gloom in there. The only positive at NFC is how friendly the ladies in the business office were.
IUI around $1,000 each.
Dr. Hill suggested transferring one embryo due to my cervix being short.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
Several doctors tried to perform my IUI and were unable to puncture my cervix. I feel like I wasted money of those cycles and wasted time.
Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr. Hill was very professional and gave my husband and I hope. He went over my medical history in great detail and I felt that he came up with a good protocol that was successful for us in the end. I like that we sat down with him one on one and he gave us time to ask any questions.... The overall goal that Dr. Hill had for us was one healthy baby. Before I started any medications, my husband and I both had to have a full blood panel workup. This is where they found out that I had a thyroid dysfunction as well as MTHFR.
The care at NFC was incredible. Not only did they take the time to go over any questions in detail, they truly seemed to care about my wellbeing both mentally and physically. We did not feel just like a number. You are assigned a nurse who I could email or call with any questions at any time.... The overall environment is very professional. I never had one negative experience from the ladies at the front desk, financial office, lab techs, nurses or doctors. They are all very organized, detail oriented, professional, and very positive. I honestly don't have one bad thing to say about the clinic.
How was your experience with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Hill was very professional and gave my husband and I hope. He went over my medical history in great detail and I felt that he came up with a good protocol that was successful for us in the end. I like that we sat down with him one on one and he gave us time to ask any questions. I feel like there are a lot of doctors who don't take the time to really listen to their patients but he had a wonderful balance of professionalism and trustworthiness. During our embryo transfer he talked me through everything that was happening during the procedure. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is starting their infertility journey. I wish that I had started at this clinic from day one.
Write down your questions and have them ready. Do your research and know that every doctor has a different protocol.
The care at NFC was incredible. Not only did they take the time to go over any questions in detail, they truly seemed to care about my wellbeing both mentally and physically. We did not feel just like a number. You are assigned a nurse who I could email or call with any questions at any time. They explained every procedure, what to expect, they were professional and I would highly recommend Nashville Fertility to anyone who is looking for a positive experience while going through infertility.
The overall goal that Dr. Hill had for us was one healthy baby. Before I started any medications, my husband and I both had to have a full blood panel workup. This is where they found out that I had a thyroid dysfunction as well as MTHFR. I had been going to another RE for two years prior to going through IVF. It was very frustrating that this was found so late. I loved that you had to have a whole checklist of different test prior to even going to your first IVF class. He came up with his own treatment strategy based off of our results. I was told to start on: prenatal vitamins, vitamin d, folate, metanx, levothyroxine, metformin. For my egg retrieval: I was on stims for 11 days with 4 ultrasounds for IVF cycle monitoring. Stims: 75units of menopur, 225 units Gonal-f, Cetrotide 0.25 mg and we did trigger shot on day 11. We did PGS testing so we had a FET 3 months after our egg retrieval. FET protocol was as follows: started on Doxycycline for a week, Lupron, Estrogen patches and began PIO five days before our transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Tina DeBoer)
She was the most caring, professional, sensitive, nurse I have ever been around. She was an excellent communicator and was thorough in explaining every procedure and protocol in great detail. I will request to have her as my nurse if we transfer another embryo in the future.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Flat Rate Fee: $10,000 for Nashville Fertility, FPG Labs of Nashville and surgery center. This included all exams, ultrasounds, appointments, blood test, operating room fees, egg retrieval and transfer. We did ICSI Additional $1450 PGS Testing Additional $5800 Meds: $4000
Dr. Hill recommended a single embryo transfer based on our age and our number and quality of our embryos.
Treated 2016 - 2017
In person, she [Dr. Eblen] was wonderful. While you didn't see her often, she was kind, attentive, and listened. Her bedside manner was perfect. Once I had multiple failures, she truly wanted to help and keep going, but I felt like there was a laundry list of things we could try, but nothing that actually seemed to be based on MY case. Just lots of "well, this exists so let's try it..."... I do wish I had gotten more time with her. As a function of the clinic, you're kind of passed around which feels impersonal and mechanical. This wasn't her fault, but it did get in the way of building full trust in my doctor.
Nashville Fertility Center is a beautiful facility, with a great staff. The doctors/nurses/scientists get together every week to discuss the cases, which I loved. I really felt the camaraderie among the staff was palpable. I didn't like that you didn't know who was doing your procedures. While I certainly don't blame the various docs for cycle failures, every doctor was so different, and it felt inconsistent.
How was your experience with Abby Eblen at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Eblen was a great doctor. While I didn't see her much, I enjoyed the time I spent with her, and felt she was incredibly informative. Her initial consult was thorough, personal, and enlightening. Overall, I do wish I had gotten more time with her. As a function of the clinic, you're kind of passed around which feels impersonal and mechanical. This wasn't her fault, but it did get in the way of building full trust in my doctor.
Write down your questions, and be organized. She goes incredibly quickly. She'll answer every question you have, but she'll do it fast.
In person, she was wonderful. While you didn't see her often, she was kind, attentive, and listened. Her bedside manner was perfect. Once I had multiple failures, she truly wanted to help and keep going, but I felt like there was a laundry list of things we could try, but nothing that actually seemed to be based on MY case. Just lots of "well, this exists so let's try it..."
I wasn't very responsive during the first round, so the second retrieval was far more aggressive (and helped!), resulting in 5 more eggs being retrieved. She also kept close watch on my progesterone levels post transfer, and adjust as necessary.
Tina was my primary contact, and she was the best nurse I could have ever asked for! Caring, organized, patient, kind. She was the most incredible part of the process by far, always taking the very best care of me. She answered all our questions, kept us calm, and provided thorough education every step of the way.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Costs for 2 retrievals, 3 transfers, PGS, monitoring, (and meds, not through the clinic) cost around $35k
We elected to do a single transfer for the first round, as we had lots of reason to believe it would work. The second round, we transferred one as that was all we had left. Third transfer was single, as it was PGS tested.
Treated 2017
I have a low AMH and knew it would be difficult to retrieve a high number of quality eggs. Given that diagnosis, [Dr. George Hill and] I approached my egg retrieval with a Minimal Stim approach and was lucky enough to retrieve 10 eggs. Of the 10 retrieved, 6 were mature and 5 fertilized. Since we wanted to do PGS testing on the embryos we did a frozen transfer approximately 2 months after the retrieval. Two of the three embryos tested normal and we transferred 1 embryo which took.
Jordan was our primary nurse [at Nashville Fertility Center] and we couldn't have been more happy to have had her through our process. She felt more like a friend than a nurse. She always gave me enough time for my questions and never made me feel rushed. She gave clear and concise directions and if I had questions after I left my appointment she always answered my emails in a timely fashion.
How was your experience with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
When we had our initial consultation with Dr. Hill I appreciated his knowledge of our medical history and was very candid and honest with expectations. He clearly walked us through the IVF process and gave us his opinion on what approach he thought would give us the best results. As difficult it was at the time to hear our chances were not great he made us feel like he would exhaust all avenues before giving up.
At times he may seem blunt or assumes the worst however I can say after going through this entire process it was a huge blessing for us to understand what we were up against. I appreciated his honesty and it helped us skip over the emotional part of what we were going through and focus on what the next steps were.
I have a low AMH and knew it would be difficult to retrieve a high number of quality eggs. Given that diagnosis, I approached my egg retrieval with a Minimal Stim approach and was lucky enough to retrieve 10 eggs. Of the 10 retrieved, 6 were mature and 5 fertilized. Since we wanted to do PGS testing on the embryos we did a frozen transfer approximately 2 months after the retrieval. Two of the three embryos tested normal and we transferred 1 embryo which took.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jordan Vaughan)
Jordan was our primary nurse and we couldn't have been more happy to have had her through our process. She felt more like a friend than a nurse. She always gave me enough time for my questions and never made me feel rushed. She gave clear and concise directions and if I had questions after I left my appointment she always answered my emails in a timely fashion.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
My only complaint with the clinic was how the finances were handled. We never felt like we had a good grasp on all that was being charged and we spent months battling with the insurance company and the clinic on trying to get things approved. It wasn't extremely clear when payments were required at what time and I was caught off guard a few times with expected payments. Also, after the fact we are receiving refund checks however there is no explanation of what it is for or where the overpayment occurred.
Even though our insurance covered some of the costs, we were responsible for paying upfront. Now we are trying to reconcile what we should be refunded and what is still owed.
Nashville Fertility Clinic and Dr. Hill's goal is one healthy baby and one healthy mom. Based on my age (under 35) and the fact we did PGS testing they will only transfer 1. We did not even ask about transferring more as I trusted their opinion but believe they would have been open to a discussion if we felt like that was a path we wanted to take.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
When I was transferred to my regular OB they called more than once to request my chart from the clinic. I'm not sure if it was simply not sent or if it was sent to the wrong spot but it did end up taking a few follow-up calls in order to make sure it was completed.

Treated 2017
Dr. Whitworth took time with us each visit and listened to our concerns and questions. Even if we had to wait to see her, we didn't mind because she gave us her time. When our frozen cycle did not work she was very understanding and didn't push any new treatment on us - gave us options and agreed that we just needed time to decide what was next....We never felt pressured to go one direction or another - she was very honest with success rates, etc.
Great staff [at Nashville Fert Center]- you do have to wait typically for your appointment to see the doctor, but again we just understand it is what it is. Everything is clean. Everyone is kind and knowledgable and understanding of your situation...Martha was amazing - she gave us full attention and always answered my questions when I had them - even if they seemed silly....You will have to wait for your appointment .. they see a lot of people and everyone deserves good care.
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
As I stated above - we appreciated her time and concern. We know there is a process and trial and error when it comes to fertility treatment. It takes time and there isn't always a clear answer or treatment and she explained things well to us. We never felt pressured to go one direction or another - she was very honest with success rates, etc.
Be clear with her on how much you want to do and your wishes - she goes at your pace. Have your list of questions ready - she will answer them. You will have to wait for your appointment - but be patient - they see a lot of people and everyone deserves good care. We saw so many impatient patients that were so rude to the staff and nurses and it was frustrating because they are doing their best. :)
We did 4 IUIs - no pregnancy results. Then she did surgery to see about endemotriosis - which there was. Following surgery - we had 4 more IUIs - but after the 2nd or 3rd one she suggested we consider moving to IVF. It was our choice to do the other IUIs. We did IVF in 2014 - fresh cycle - day 5 transfer with 1 embryo - resulted in successful pregnancy of our son. In 2017 - we started the process for a frozen cycle of our remaining embryo - it was not successful (we didn't do any PGS on the embryo). We are in the process of a fresh/frozen IVF cycle with PGS this time due to my age (35)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Martha)
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Great staff - you do have to wait typically for your appointment to see the doctor, but again we just understand it is what it is. Everything is clean. Everyone is kind and knowledgable and understanding of your situation.
Treated 2017
Dr. Monteville is a very efficient doctor, and I felt like he understood my perspective in being concerned about our fertility choices and options. As I said, I did feel at our first appointment IVF was being pushed, but also realize that his goal is to help my husband and I conceive ASAP, and maybe not in the most financially satisfying way. I am pleased with the path our treatment has taken thus far; I wish the results were different (which is not fully in his control).
I had a team of nurses that rotated in my care, and all of them were polite, friendly, and compassionate. I especially appreciated when I had to call about started CD 1, that the nurse who took my call expressed genuine sadness that our first IUI had not worked, which made me feel like I wasn't alone in this journey...Nashville Fertility is located in a busy area of Nashville, but the clinic itself is very nice and the waiting area was very stylish. They are very efficient, but have the right level of personal touches. I appreciate also the "no children in the waiting room" policy, as I am sensitive to this. One day I was there it wasn't enforced, which was more annoying than triggering for me. My husband also appreciates the free wifi. Overall, I approach my fertility treatments by educating myself. I'm not sure how a person who hasn't studied on these methods or tracked her cycle in a variety of ways would see Nashville Fertility, as they do not have to explain very much to me. I appreciate their recognizing my self-education (not to the point of being annoying or self-righteous), and treating me like a peer.
Go in to your fertility appointment being prepared to hear the gamut of possibilities. I had had plenty of tests done at my local hospital before being referred to Dr. Monteville, and he did not make either of us redo any of the tests. He was very clear with both my husband and I about our low chances, but he was gentle in his manner. Be educated so you can ask informed questions about treatment and possibilities.
With Dr. Monteville, he was very sympathetic about our struggles to conceive and he was willing to listen to us regarding the treatment plan he had laid out. I did feel in our first consultation that IVF was being pushed and our IUI hopes minimized, which made me feel like the clinic was out for the money. However, with two failed IUIs, I understand Dr. Monteville was being realistic with us and our chances, which I do appreciate.
My husband has MFI (low count and motility) and I have PCOS. Dr. Monteville prescribed Clomiphene for my husband to increase his counts, and he has a semen analysis due at the end of this month to see the results. For my PCOS, Dr. Monteville prescribed .5 mg letrozole, which helped me ovulate 1-2 eggs on our two monitored IUI cycles.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
I have spent roughly 2484 under Dr. Monteville's care. 4 dollars for each round of letrozole (covered by insurance), 200 for two HCG trigger shots, and 1400 for monitoring ultrasounds. I have spent 800 on two failed IUI procedures.
No experience with this yet
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
My husband's Clomid was not ordered when I called and left a message Friday after his urology appointment, even though the nurse had left me a message saying she was calling it in after she hung up. Seeing as it was a long-time and not time-sensitive drug, it was fine, but I wish I would have known it would not be available until Monday.
Christopher Montville
Treated 2016 - 2017
Know that he's [Dr. George Hill] going to look at every piece of the puzzle and offer as many solutions as possible. He can be aggressive with treatment, but just let him know if he's moving too fast...First IVF Cycle: Our first cycle, in my opinion, was a "base" cycle. He put me on FSH drugs and set a standard dosage to see how my body would react to them. We used Gonal-F, Menapur & Ganarelix. We transferred a very "healthy" 4AB embryo, but it resulted in a negative test. Our FET Cycle: Dr. Hill adjusted treatment slightly, trying different brands of drugs before implantation. We implanted 2 healthy embryos (roughly a 4BB & 2BB) but resulted in a negative test.
Flat fee for one round of IVF and fresh transfer [at Nashville Fertility Center] : $9500 Frozen transfer: $3500 Drugs for first round, including transfer: (FSH, estrogen, progesterone, etc $6500) Drugs for FET: $3500...Jordan Vaughn is the BEST. This is a big reason why I have been happy with my care at Nashville Fertility Center. She is our cheerleader in this whole process. Very caring and respectful. I also appreciate how quick she is to respond to email when I have questions regarding our care.
How was your experience with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
I've had a good experience with Dr. Hill so far. (we are currently in treatment still) He's to the point and very as a matter of fact when it comes to options moving forward. After we had our two failed transfers, he called within a few days to offer condolences, and then gave us our next steps. He keeps our hope alive.
Go in with an open mind. Know that he's going to look at every piece of the puzzle and offer as many solutions as possible. He can be aggressive with treatment, but just let him know if he's moving too fast.
Dr. Hill is a good balance between being blunt and treating you like a human. He tells you like it is, but does it in a way that keeps you hopefully throughout the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jordan Vaughn)
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
My husbands first visit was a little confusing. They were a little disorganized at the front desk. Other than that, our care has been good.
Rough estimates: Flat fee for one round of IVF and fresh transfer: $9500 Frozen transfer: $3500 Drugs for first round, including transfer: (FSH, estrogen, progesterone, etc $6500) Drugs for FET: $3500
I agreed with the transfers he suggested. Because I was 32, we transferred one the first time. After the first one failed, he suggested we try two.
Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr. Weitzman is very knowledgeable, experienced and willing to work with his patients. He has a dry wit and his sense of humor gets exposed over time. He will go deep or stay shallow in terms information shared. We had very involved conversations when I wanted additional explanation and others only scratched the surface because I didn't need beyond the basics.... I had endometriosis and fibroids which caused general health issues for me. While I don't know if my infertility was linked to this
They [Nashville Fertility Center] are a well oiled machine. They were great with scheduling changes and I typically got the appointment times I wanted.... My only real complaint is the billing department - I was told different information depending on who I spoke with. I had email communication with one person and was told I was mistaken by another until I showed the email. The regular billing department acted like a collections agency. I had a largish credit on my account and a small outstanding balance for the lab
How was your experience with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Weitzman is very knowledgeable, experienced and willing to work with his patients. He has a dry wit and his sense of humor gets exposed over time. He will go deep or stay shallow in terms information shared. We had very involved conversations when I wanted additional explanation and others only scratched the surface because I didn't need beyond the basics. My perception is that his default is to not overwhelm people with information but is happy to provide more when asked. By nature, I am analytical, curious and inquisitive and he was a perfect fit for me. He was proactive in adjusting my protocols when we didn't see the expected results. Based on my age, the recommendation was one protocol one for which I had limited success. We discussed, he was open minded about exploring alternative options. He listened to my concerns and included my input in the next protocol. He was compassionate throughout my journey and called me after lows and highs. He called after my son was born and I saved the voicemail because it was such a lovely message and he was thrilled when I stopped by to visit with my son. Dr. Weitzman is reserved and not overtly warm and fuzzy, that said, he cares deeply and I got the sense that he sincerely wanted us to become parents and would do whatever he could to make that happen.
Be prepared, know what you need from Dr. Weitzman and be ready to articulate it. He will meet you where you are. If you need a doctor to coddle you, Dr. Weitzman may not be the best fit. If you want someone who caring, purposeful and will be honest and direct, he is excellent.
Everyone in the office knew me by name and made me feel welcome and at ease. I met with my doctor on several occasions, he took time to answer my questions and thoroughly explain recommendations. We changed protocols after my first transfer resulted in a miscarriage. Dr. Weitzman listened to me, my concerns and our next protocol reflected our conversation. Andie, my nurse was an advocate for me. She was in frequent communication with me, gave me the information I needed and often anticipated my questions.
I don't remember specifics. I had endometriosis and fibroids which caused general health issues for me. While I don't know if my infertility was linked to this, I did have surgery to have them removed before I started IVF. My first cycle was a fresh transfer. I had just turned 39 so I was put on an high stimulation protocol (high dose of Gonal F) combined with Menapur - thought was try to get many eggs - all about quantity. Had an Ovidril trigger. We only retrieved 6-7 mature eggs, a couple progressed much more rapidly than the rest and threw off the cycle. We had 2 eggs fertilize and transferred both on Day 3. One implanted, one did not and I miscarried at 8 weeks. I had a D&C so we could do genetic testing on the remains and learned that a live birth would not have been possible. Waited several months and then did similar protocol with some changes to try to address the eggs that matured more quickly. We opted for PGS this round. Similar results as first, 2 embryos made it to Day 5 and were tested, 1 was viable. We started planning for a transfer which would have occurred a few months before my 40th birthday. I met with Dr. Weitzman to discuss what happens post 40. My concern was we have 1 frozen embryo, worst case it doesn't implant and we are starting over with another round closer to or after 40. Dr. Weitzman's response was the difference between 39 years, 9 months and 40 year, 2 months isn't that significant that he was concerned with best case - that it did implant and I got pregnant, had a baby and then at 42 or 43 I wanted another child and at that point, there were no options. Based on that discussion I decided to do one more retrieval but we opted for a minimal stimulation protocol. This was based on the limited number of eggs retrieved and the continued issue that 1 or 2 eggs matured faster than the other cohorts. The rationale was quality over quantity with a goal of 1 or 2 high quality eggs. Ironically, we retrieved 6 mature eggs in this cycle same as previous. However 5 fertilized and all 5 made it to Day 5 and were PGS. Two were genetically viable. We transferred my single best embryo from the 2 rounds which resulted in a healthy, full term birth. I now have a one year old and appreciate the forward planning as I am approaching my 42 birthday and would like to have another child and am happy knowing that we have 2 frozen embryos to try to achieve that wish.
Andie is amazing. I do not think I would have gotten through the IVF journey without her. She is the perfect balance of warm, caring and methodical. Andie has a unique ability to adapt to what a patient needs from her. I sought to understand and she would share, this is what we are hoping to see, these are the hormone levels we want. These are our specific goals for XYZ, this is what we will do if we don't meet those goals, etc. It is a complex process and she has a unique ability to simplify it and break it into bite size pieces. She has a great energy and our days when I was feeling hopeless, she helped give me hope. She was my advocate every step of the way. She is the utmost professional yet invested in her patients. We had agreed that she would leave a message if she couldn't reach me to tell me the results of my pregnancy test. She was so excited to tell me it was positive that she left a message to call her back so she could tell me directly. She really is incredible.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
It was initially hard for me to schedule a new patient appointment. I had to leave a message, someone would call me back and if I didn't answer, it would take another day to receive a call back. It took about a month to get in the books. Once in, the office staff are courteous, booking appointments was easy. They are a well oiled machine. They were great with scheduling changes and I typically got the appointment times I wanted. My only real complaint is the billing department - I was told different information depending on who I spoke with. I had email communication with one person and was told I was mistaken by another until I showed the email. The regular billing department acted like a collections agency. I had a largish credit on my account and a small outstanding balance for the lab and the woman was sold rude when I met with her. When I pointed out that they owed me more money than I owed they and asked why don't you just apply some of the credit to the balance which is what ended up happening but apparently they needed my permission to move the money. It ended up being a big to do when it need not be.
I don't remember. We were self pay for most of the treatments and I had some secondary insurance coverage that covered a small part.
We discussed this at length and Dr. Weitzman strongly recommended a single embryo transfer with our PGS embryos. I toyed with the idea of 2 because twins seemed efficient to me (at the time). Dr. Weitzman and I discussed probability for 1 versus 2 and the increased risks that multiples bring. Based on that conversation we did opt for a single transfer. I am so thankful I had a singleton - I had an easy pregnancy, carried full term and I cannot imagine having twins. We did transfer 2 embryos when I had my first fresh cycle and that was due to them being Day 3 and non-PGS. In general I remember discussing the various factors - cycle type, PGS, non-PGS, mother's age, etc and there was a recommendation for SET or MET based on those factors.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
I had some issues with billing which were eventually sorted but took a bit of effort.
Treated 2016 - 2017
I did over stimulate and had to move from a fresh cycle to a frozen cycle [with Dr. Hill]. Egg retrieval produced 27 eggs, 8 embryos. We transferred 1 embryo, that split. Resulting in identical twin boys. Carried to 35 weeks...would meet with us for all consultations, before moving to a new treatment and as requested. He was kind, thoughtful, intentional, and easy to talk with. He answered all questions. He never seemed hurried or that we were not important.
From start to finish (medicated cycles, IUI, surgery, IVF procedure, meds) we spent $20,000 [at Nashville Fertility Center]...Other than difficulty in scheduling sperm analysis, ALL staff was very kind. They were helpful in scheduling timely appointments. They were kind, understanding and helpful. Wait times were minimal. Every staff member appeared invested and hopeful in our journey...Tina was an angel! She was able to identify when I was struggling. Listened to me cry, gave advice and referrals as needed. She ALWAYS called us back. ALWAYS emailed back. IN TIMELY MANNER. I never felt like I was hunting her down or feeling lost. She felt like family.
How was your experience with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Hill is warm and kind. He smiles, listened to me cry, and was understanding. He would say things like, "I know this is hard" and I felt heard. He was also aggressive with treatments, fully motivated to achieve pregnancy. He offered us choices and let us tell him what we could handle, when we could handle it. He was the first doctor to take me seriously regarding pain during my cycles.
Tell him what you want. Schedule appointments with Dr. Hill when you want to talk with him directly.
Dr. Hill would meet with us for all consultations, before moving to a new treatment and as requested. He was kind, thoughtful, intentional, and easy to talk with. He answered all questions. He never seemed hurried or that we were not important.
Ganirelex cycle plan. I don't remember specific doses. I also chose PIO. I took Follistim, Menopur, Estradiol dot. I did over stimulate and had to move from a fresh cycle to a frozen cycle. Egg retrieval produced 27 eggs, 8 embryos. We transferred 1 embryo, that split. Resulting in identical twin boys. Carried to 35 weeks, no NICU time.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
We were encouraged by our age and health to transfer one embryo instead of two. I am so glad we followed this advice, because our embryo split.
Treated 2015 - 2016
Dr. Weitzman is clear to the complexity of infertility and wants to provide facts...DOES care about his patients and have been a great support during my myomectomy, fresh transfer, miscarriage, and FET procedure (resulting in a live birth - singleton)...wants his patients to be informed and is prepared to answer any questions you may have...is a straight-shooter which my husband and I appreciate. IVF can be overwhelming and if he [Dr. Weitzman] had sugar-coated anything
The monitoring appointments [at Nashville Fertility Center] were a well-oiled machine. Patty handled most of my ultrasounds, while Andie took my blood samples...There were days that were of higher traffic than others, but that is mainly due to the clinic's desire to have labs results processed by 2:00 p.m. This way, we would have our results in our patient's voicemail box by 4:00 p.m...The clinic is conveniently located in midtown Nashville near Centennial Women's Hospital. The receptionist and staff are professional and you will know them by name after a few visits.
How was your experience with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Weitzman is a straight-shooter which my husband and I appreciate. IVF can be overwhelming and if he [Dr. Weitzman] had sugar-coated anything, I would not have been prepared for the many "uniquenesses" that are involved. Similarly, my husband values clear facts and statements, as it facilitates asking follow-up questions at the moment (versus 3 hours later). This may not be the optimal approach for some, but Dr. Weitzman DOES care about his patients and have been a great support during my myomectomy, fresh transfer, miscarriage, and FET procedure (resulting in a live birth - singleton). I have recommended him to others and even had the privilege of sharing my story with one of the nurses who was assisting with the birth of my child --- only to find out that she was a new patient of Dr. Weitzman! I hope that her journey ends as happily as mine.
Go for facts, not feelings! If you do not understand the process of your needed procedures, your emotions will get the best of you. Dr. Weitzman wants his patients to be informed and is prepared to answer any questions you may have. Just make sure that you DO ask questions so you can get full value of your consultations/visits.
Dr. Weitzman is clear to the complexity of infertility and wants to provide facts. If your too emotional, you may overlooked the details that can help you/your family make the best informed decisions.
I had to take Gonal-F to stimulate my follicle, along with Cetrotide (Antagonist). The Novarel was a shot taken in place of me using lupron in an effort to prevent ovulation before my egg retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Andrea Sporck)
Andrea (goes by Andie) is FABULOUS and perfectly paired with Dr. Weitzman. She is very timely in her response to phone calls and emails. Furthermore, she has great compassion for her patients as she knows our stories and wants to see us achieve our family planning goals.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
The clinic is conveniently located in midtown Nashville near Centennial Women's Hospital. The receptionist and staff are professional and you will know them by name after a few visits. The atmosphere is inviting and clean. All services are conveniently located in the same facility (including IVF classes) so you can receive your care in a "one-stop" shop style of treatment.
The monitoring appointments were a well-oiled machine. Patty handled most of my ultrasounds, while Andie took my blood samples. *Note: There were days that were of higher traffic than others, but that is mainly due to the clinic's desire to have labs results processed by 2:00 p.m. This way, we would have our results in our patient's voicemail box by 4:00 p.m.
The treatment services were a flat fee for me since my insurance does not cover IVF procedures. The rate was divided between the Nashville Fertility Center, IVF Labs of Nashville, Middle TN ASC. According to the bill, my office visits were $515. All other costs were associated with the medical treatments I needed.