Franklin Satellite Location
345 23rd Ave. N
Nashville, TN 37203

Treated 2019 - 2020
Success w/ Doc 1 Egg Frozen
I had just turned 41 and was learning as I went that my odds were very low for viable embryos...I was very slow to stimulate with a lot of ovarian cyst complications to work around. If it wasn’t for Doctor Whitworth I would not have a viable egg now that we are so ready to transfer using a gestational carrier. Dr. Whitworth fought for me and gave my body time to do what it needed. She was a true Angel and God send to me and so was Martha! Martha, my IVF nurse walked hand and hand with me through the entire process. I didn’t always get the news I wanted but I did always get the news presented in a loving and kind way. The entire staff and all the doctors and IVF nurses at Nashville fertility are amazing! They are compassionate, caring and they are cheering for you and your future baby! I am so thankful to have had them all in my corner and I know my embryo is a miracle from God but they were the angles who helped get me one. I wish so bad I could carry my baby but I am so thankful to have found a beautiful gestational carrie
I felt very loved and welcomed and the entire staff, doctors and my amazing IVF nurse Martha became like family to me [at Nashville Fertility Center]...They are compassionate, caring and they are cheering for you and your future baby! I am so thankful to have had them all in my corner...I loved my IVF nurse Martha!!! She is was amazing and helped me so much! She was patient, compassionate, very educated and helped me so much with options and treatment and how to handle obstacles as they occurred.
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
I am so thankful for the opportunity to have been a patient of Doctor Whitworth! I felt very loved and welcomed and the entire staff, doctors and my amazing IVF nurse Martha became like family to me. fertility issues and treatments can be very emotional and I was older when I got to Nashville fertility. I had just turned 41 and was learning as I went that my odds were very low for viable embryos. But we all nicknamed my eggs the little eggs they could and I was very slow to stimulate with a lot of ovarian cyst complications to work around. If it wasn’t for Doctor Whitworth I would not have a viable egg now that we are so ready to transfer using a gestational carrier. Dr. Whitworth fought for me and gave my body time to do what it needed. She was a true Angel and God send to me and so was Martha! Martha, my IVF nurse walked hand and hand with me through the entire process. I didn’t always get the news I wanted but I did always get the news presented in a loving and kind way. The entire staff and all the doctors and IVF nurses at Nashville fertility are amazing! They are compassionate, caring and they are cheering for you and your future baby! I am so thankful to have had them all in my corner and I know my embryo is a miracle from God but they were the angles who helped get me one. I wish so bad I could carry my baby but I am so thankful to have found a beautiful gestational carrier and we pray for our little miracle embryo every day! Praying she is tough and can make it through all she has to make it through to be in our arms. I will forever be grateful to Dr. Whitworth and her expertise and guidance. She, personally stepped in several times when I had complications to help me get through the obstacles. As they say great leaders are able to address obstacles and adjust through to the victory and Dr. Whitworth did just that. She was able to get me to egg retrieval twice and that was after several stopped cycles. She is a truly a brilliant leader and rock star doctor!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
To be patient and to express her desires and communicate your needs and fears. To rely on them to do everything they can to get you a healthy baby. To know it is going to be a very emotional journey with a lot of highs and lows but also one where you just have to keep your eye on the prize!!!!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
I love Dr. Witworth and my IVF nurse Martha. I was an older patient trying to do a free-all because I have complications that make it better for me to use a gestational carrier
Describe the protocols Christine Whitworth used in your cycles at Nashville Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Dr, Whitworth was amazing because due to my auto-immune and pre -existing medical issues she had to work around a lot of my medications! She explained to me that we had 3 protocols we could try. The first one didn’t work as I didn’t stimulate at all like I needed too so we moved to the second option. This included daily injections of gonal -f and every other day HCG injection and certrotide and then double trigger shots
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Martha Goodyear was my IVF nurse )
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
I love the entire staff at Nashville fertility! They are warm and friendly and so helpful! We did encounter a fee payment issues with being a progeny insurance patient and that was the only negative thing we dealt with. They were always on time and very thorough and made me feel so welcome and they really did cheer me on the entire time.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Nashville Fertility Center.
The ultrasound techs were amazing and honestly you never had to wait long! They were kind and loving as I was having a hard time stimulating so these appointments were very important and I always felt like I was a top concern
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center.
I thankfully was able to have progeny insurance through my employer. Unfortunately none of my husbands labs or test or procedures were covered but we thankfully only had to spend 6-10k for this process which is the only way we could have done this. Unfortunately, there is nothing that covers gestational carrier and legal work so that will all be out of pocket expenses.
Describe Christine Whitworth's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Nashville Fertility Center.
I unfortunately was only able to get one embryo after 2 rounds of egg retrieval. First round, they got 5 mature eggs from me and 5 fertilized and 3 grew to embryos and after genetic testing only one female was viable. We lost two other male ones. Then the second egg retrieval, they got 8 eggs , 6 fertilized and only 2 grew to embryos that we genetically tested and none came back viable so we lost two more male embryos that time. But I often thought if I got three viable embryos I would have really liked to have been able to try 2 embryos at a time. Because I am older and having to use a gestational carrier and it’s so expensive! We are not trying to figure out every way we can to pay and get our embryo here and transferred. Even exploring go fund me. So after all you have to pay to go through everything I think multiple egg transfer should be an option. I do understand that if you only have two embryo that the chances of survival are better for single embryo transfer at a time and I do understand why Dr. Whitworth only likes to do one at a time. However, I think in certain circumstances, multiple embryo transfer could be best
Treated 2020
There were nurses scheduled to perform the actual IUI, but the first IUI was trickier than expected to Dr Van Heertum came in to do it herself. That one didn't pan out, but I came back a month later and we got our successful IUI...[she] was consistently warm and kind, both to me and my wife, and seemed appropriately invested in our care...She was involved, gentle, and effective. At times I had to follow up with more questions or self-advocate, as she didn't always remember all the details we'd agreed on for my treatment, but she was responsive to my feedback and considered me thoughtfully when we were making decisions about our IUI. We conceived on our second unmedicated IUI, and transferred to my OB after our first 6wk visit with Dr Van Heertum, who offered (due to COVID-19) to see us for a couple more appointments if necessary (depending on our OB's practices - we weren't sure at the time) to ensure the continued heal
[Nashville Fertility Center is] Very LGBTQ inclusive, with a supportive and nonjudgmental staff. They were effective and helped us get pregnant quickly. Most people were exceptionally kind, but I had to be sure to self-advocate (ESPECIALLY once coronavirus started shifting their staff schedules) to make sure I was treated according to my specific needs rather than to the default. Disappointing communication breakdowns during beginning of coronavirus changes, but I'm under the impression that has since improved. There have been some billing errors and other communication-related blunders, but there has also been an exceptionally helpful and involved staff to help me troubleshoot and make sure those problems are solved.
How was your experience with Kristin Van Heertum at Nashville Fertility Center?
She was involved, gentle, and effective. At times I had to follow up with more questions or self-advocate, as she didn't always remember all the details we'd agreed on for my treatment, but she was responsive to my feedback and considered me thoughtfully when we were making decisions about our IUI. We conceived on our second unmedicated IUI, and transferred to my OB after our first 6wk visit with Dr Van Heertum, who offered (due to COVID-19) to see us for a couple more appointments if necessary (depending on our OB's practices - we weren't sure at the time) to ensure the continued health of our baby. She was compassionate and nonjudgmental.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kristin Van Heertum at Nashville Fertility Center?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kristin Van Heertum at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr Van Heertum was consistently warm and kind, both to me and my wife, and seemed appropriately invested in our care.
Describe the protocols Kristin Van Heertum used in your cycles at Nashville Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We went in for my initial consultation in January, where I opted for genetic testing and general bloodwork. She also gave us sperm bank recommendations. Due to our use of donor sperm, we were then required to see a reproductive counselor for one session before continuing treatment. We also had a saline sonogram done, and found no cause to suspect any potential fertility issues, so Dr Van Heertum recommended we try a few cycles with an unmedicated IUI. There were nurses scheduled to perform the actual IUI, but the first IUI was trickier than expected to Dr Van Heertum came in to do it herself. That one didn't pan out, but I came back a month later and we got our successful IUI. We did all our bloodwork at the clinic and then had a 6wk ultrasound and appointment with Dr Van Heertum.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Nashville Fertility Center.
It's hard to fault the nursing staff for the breakdowns in communication, because I was beginning my second cycle right at the start of coronavirus. The staff was put on an alternating schedule and it made getting and giving clear and streamlined information quite challenging. I think they were all doing their best in relatively impossible circumstances, and I don't imagine things haven't improved since getting into a new rhythm, but communication was frustrating and disorienting by the time I started getting my IUIs.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
At the beginning of the coronavirus (I had both my IUIs in March 2020) I was aware that things may change and reached out on several occasions to make sure I was up to date with the current protocol. I was told that I'd be informed in advance of any changes, and I also received emails and checked their website regularly, where it said clearly that they were continuing to operate as usual, just with some added safety measures. I spoke to the on-call doctor the Saturday night that I got my positive OPK, and he said to call Monday morning and get in for the earliest possible appointment. But when I called Monday morning, they told me they weren't doing IUIs anymore. Obviously I was shocked and frustrated, since I'd been diligently checking to ensure my expectations were fairly set, and I didn't find out this change in policy until the day I was meant to receive my treatment. After a few tearful conversations, and because I had spoken to the on-call doctor, they wound up allowing me to come in for my IUI after all (and that was the one that yielded our pregnancy!), but it was an immensely stressful and emotional morning and the weeks that followed were similarly chaotic re: communication (ie getting a different nurse every time I called). These were not normal circumstances, and I know that - I really think the situation merits a great deal of grace and understanding, and they were working incredibly hard on impossible times. That said, my regular OB's office (Not my RE) was clear, communicative, and transparent in a way that really set the bar and I do think the situation at NFC could've been handled better.
Kristin Van Heertum
Treated 2019 - 2020
She [Dr. Christine Whitworth] is extremely knowledgeable and been practicing for many years. She gave us the major details we needed to know when looking at our options. After our first egg retrieval failed and we lost all of our embryos, she had a private consult with my husband and I to discuss what our next steps would be. Our 2nd retrieval produced 3 perfectly healthy embryos we are now waiting to do a frozen embryo transfer with.
There were significant costs to do IVF [at Nashville Fertility Center]. We paid a huge chunk of money up front but still continued to receive bills which has been really confusing. Our insurance says there are issues with the dr’s office billing...The staff has been really nice and helpful for the most part...We first tried timed intercourse, and then moved to Clomid/Letrozole and IUI, then to injectables and IUI then to IVF.
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
She is extremely knowledgeable and been practicing for many years. She gave us the major details we needed to know when looking at our options. After our first egg retrieval failed and we lost all of our embryos, she had a private consult with my husband and I to discuss what our next steps would be. Our 2nd retrieval produced 3 perfectly healthy embryos we are now waiting to do a frozen embryo transfer with.
To ask as many questions as possible and don’t take things at face value if you’re confused or don’t fully understand something.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shannon Smith)
Shannon has been incredible to work with! We are so grateful for her help and support throughout all of this.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
The billing department is extremely confusing. We never understand what it is we’re paying for after giving a huge sum of money to do IVF. The staff has been really nice and helpful for the most part.
There were significant costs to do IVF. We paid a huge chunk of money up front but still continued to receive bills which has been really confusing. Our insurance says there are issues with the dr’s office billing.
They prefer single embryo transfers until the age of 35+
Treated 2020
We’ve had a great experience with dr Montville so far. We’ve only had a consultation and plan to start IVF in July. We cannot wait to start, as he has been so helpful, and encouraging to us both. He answered any questions we had and made us immediately feel like part of the family ... He was so kind and warm. Very patient in taking his time to explain any question we might have.
Haven’t been to the clinic [Nashville Fertility Center] yet. Our consult was a telehealth consult due to covid19 ... Very accommodating [nursing staff] and quick to call back any time I called. They took their time to answer any questions I had, whether medical or financial related. ... The clinic does seem to be great though. Have no complaints so far.
How was your experience with Christopher Montville at Nashville Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christopher Montville at Nashville Fertility Center?
Run, dont walk. He is the best there is.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christopher Montville at Nashville Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Christopher Montville used in your cycles at Nashville Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We haven’t started IVF yet
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Nashville Fertility Center.
Very accommodating and quick to call back any time I called. They took their time to answer any questions I had, whether medical or financial related.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Haven’t been to the clinic yet. Our consult was a telehealth consult due to covid19 I don’t have anything else to write here but I need to fill up 200 characters. The clinic does seem to be great though. Have no complaints so far.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christopher Montville at Nashville Fertility Center.
Haven’t started IVF yet
Christopher Montville
Nashville
We didn't know it was male factor at first, so Dr. Hill had my husband tested but also immediately put me on clomid for 5 days followed by an ovudrul shot. I did this for 3 cycles while awaiting on multiple tests from my husband. Now that we know it's male factor, we were referred to a urologist and are about to start IVF...spent as much as we needed, he drew diagrams, talked us through every step that we were going to make. He made us have hope (cautious), but still hope!
We normally see the same nurse [at Nashville Fertility Center] , but all nurses are polite, kind, and human. They take into consideration your time and emotional state... I have never been on hold for more than 1-2 minutes before, and if you leave a message, your call is normally returned within the same day, if not first thing the next morning...a meeting with Dr. Hill is about $180; tests have run us about $600...The clinic is easy to get to, has valet parking, the receptionists and bill department are very kind.
How was your experience with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Hill sits down with you and your partner, he listens to your concerns, he goes on full attack on how to get you started on your journey. He has other specialist to work with (since our infertility comes from male factor). He diagrams and gives real statistics. He offers hope but is also realistic.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
Take whatever appointment they have, Dr. Hill is busy.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Hill spent as much as we needed, he drew diagrams, talked us through every step that we were going to make. He made us have hope (cautious), but still hope!
Describe the protocols George Hill used in your cycles at Nashville Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Nashville Fertility Center.
We normally see the same nurse, but all nurses are polite, kind, and human. They take into consideration your time and emotional state.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
The clinic is easy to get to, has valet parking, the receptionists and bill department are very kind. You kind of have to take whatever appointment they have, since they are busy. It is about a 45 minute drive from where I work, but they have such a good reputation that it's worth every minute. I have never been on hold for more than 1-2 minutes before, and if you leave a message, your call is normally returned within the same day, if not first thing the next morning.
Describe the costs associated with your care under George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center.
My insurance doesn't cover any fertility treatments, so this is all out of pocket. I don't think it's too expensive; a meeting with Dr. Hill is about $180; tests have run us about $600.
Describe George Hill's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Nashville Fertility Center.
Dr. Hill suggests eSET since one healthy baby is our goal. He gave statistics that at my age (36) one embryo would be as successful as 2.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Montville cares. The first thing he said to me when we met was “Tell me your story”. I was so emotional after so many years of “unexplained” infertility and no answers, I cried but I was relieved instantly because I knew I mattered now. ... He called me on a Saturday to address a concern I had so I wouldn’t worry all weekend. He is super kind and very caring. ...
The consult is only $50 with no insurance OR free as a second opinion with records from previous RE. ... The lab techs [Nashville Fertility Center] were great, although I think they have moved the lab out of the location. And the embryologist, Jennifer, is very kind and funny. She is so patient and spoke with me on the phone AND called my husband to go over all the same information again. ...The clinic is clean, fancy, and small but in a cozy, familiar way. It is Very private. You don’t have babies all around you.
He doesn’t talk to you like you’re stupid. He knows by the time you are seeing him that you have learned at least the basics. Compared to another RE who wanted to start by explaining my anatomy. He called me on a Saturday to address a concern I had so I wouldn’t worry all weekend. He is super kind and very caring. He was worth the wait to get into his practice and if you have to spend a lot of money because your insurance doesn’t cover fertility, you might as well pay him!
Be confident in going to him because he will ease your anxieties and give you new hope.
I haven’t started yet. We discovered male factor issues but he also thoroughly tested my thyroid and although it was normal, he discovered a link between the T4 and “unexplained infertility”. As soon as I started the tiny dose of levothyroxin all of my pre-menstrual spotting vanished. Happy day! We are preparing for an IUI.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Nashville Fertility Center.
Amazing. The lab techs were great, although I think they have moved the lab out of the location. And the embryologist, Jennifer, is very kind and funny. She is so patient and spoke with me on the phone AND called my husband to go over all the same information again. Bless her!
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
The clinic is clean, fancy, and small but in a cozy, familiar way. It is Very private. You don’t have babies all around you. No weaknesses that I am aware of; I did about have a heart attack on the first visit from my emotional state when the nurse handed me the folder with the most gorgeous folder of a newborn. Took my breath away. I really wasn’t prepared for that but I took it as a good sign. :)
The consult is only $50 with no insurance OR free as a second opinion with records from previous RE. Many blood tests he ran were able to be filed to my insurance but with no fertility coverage, I typically have to save for tests and visits. I never want to owe him money. I always like to be paid up. So far I think the pricing has been very fair.
Christopher Montville
Treated 2018 - 2019
At times when I was more emotional, for example after our first transfer failed, I felt like he [Dr. Glenn Weitzman] was flippant and disregarded my feelings. At other times, like during consultations, he seemed annoyed if I tried to ask questions and disinclined to explain things in detail. He never reviewed our chart before we spoke with him and tended to keep the conversations as brief as possible. He also ran late several times.
I'd also say that overall they [Nashville Fertility Center] pressure you to do all this stuff, like PGS, but then when we decided not to, Andie was like "yeah I think that's a great decision." Andie responds really well to email but on the day we were supposed to get the results from our first transfer, I asked her to call me directly and instead she left a voicemail in my voicemail box so I didn't get it for hours. Just little things like that but that make a huge difference in overall experience.
How was your experience with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
I think Dr Weitzman is a competent doctor and knows what he's doing. He wasn't a great fit for me because I need someone more compassionate, understanding, and willing to see me and the stuff I'm going through. I'm paying a LOT of money and going through a lot of emotional turmoil and would appreciate a reciprocal effort to at least see me as a patient, not a number.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
That he's a good doctor but expect to do a lot of research on your own, look out for your own best interests, and to not see a lot of compassion or warm fuzzies. He'll puts some pressure on things like PGS and other tests so if you don't do your research, you may perceive what he's saying as a requirement of the treatment plan, not an option.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
At times when I was more emotional, for example after our first transfer failed, I felt like he was flippant and disregarded my feelings. At other times, like during consultations, he seemed annoyed if I tried to ask questions and disinclined to explain things in detail. He never reviewed our chart before we spoke with him and tended to keep the conversations as brief as possible. He also ran late several times.
Describe the protocols Glenn Weitzman used in your cycles at Nashville Fertility Center and their degree of success.
For egg retrieval, I started on birth control, then did Gonal-F (dosage varied), HCG (only 10 units for a few days), and Lupron (I think 10 or 20 units?). I don't remember what my trigger shot was. I had close to 50 follicles and they waited an extra day or two past what my monitoring doctor said they would have done. A different doctor (Dr Hill) did my actual egg retrieval and they got 30 eggs, 25 of which were mature. We used ICSI on 12 eggs and froze the other 13. We got 5 embryos but only 4 survived the freezing process. For transfer, I asked to skip the birth control, which they agreed to and used an OPK instead. I did two estrogen patches (.01 mg) every other day for like a week and a half, then up to 3 patches, then 4. 10 units of Lupron every morning. Then about a week and a half or two weeks out from transfer started 2mL PIO once a day, which I would have continued but the first failed and the second was a chemical pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Andrea Sprock)
Andie is awesome! She let a few things fall through the cracks and I definitely still need to be my own advocate and keep track of everything in great detail, but I have no complaints about her. The entire nursing staff there is awesome and I never had a bad experience with any of them!
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
They're really good at what they do! The facility leaves something to be desired but the staff is all super competent. The billing department is no fun to talk to and makes everything kinda difficult, but the nursing staff is wonderful. They apparently have excellent success rates and it's clear this is their specialty. I'd say they could do a better job at being compassionate and understanding across the board, but they're a great clinic.
I did my monitoring at a different doctor's office because we live in Knoxville and the center is in Nashville
Describe the costs associated with your care under Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center.
In total, we've spent about $30,000
Describe Glenn Weitzman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Nashville Fertility Center.
This was another thing that was frustrating - Dr Weitzman absolutely refused to transfer more than 1 embryo, which I understand, but was, in my opinion, condescending in his explanation as to why and flippant as to my reasons for wanting to transfer two.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
Andie, my IVF nurse, was out of the office on one of the days I needed to get critical test results in order to know if I needed to start shots the next day. (I found out she was out because I hadn't heard from her so I emailed her and got an out of office reply message.) I had to scramble, calling the office as many times as possible, but you can never speak directly to a human, it always goes through the answering machine. I called and emailed Andie, left messages for other nurses, called my monitoring doctor, etc. It was SOOO stressful. Eventually one of the other nurses called me back (at like 6pm) but it about sent me over the edge. I'd also say that overall they pressure you to do all this stuff, like PGS, but then when we decided not to, Andie was like "yeah I think that's a great decision." Andie responds really well to email but on the day we were supposed to get the results from our first transfer, I asked her to call me directly and instead she left a voicemail in my voicemail box so I didn't get it for hours. Just little things like that but that make a huge difference in overall experience.
Treated 2017 - 2019
Dr. Whitworth is very candid and straightforward, and I like that. She is very knowledgable and shows compassion when appropriate, however she does not coddle you. ... Dr. Whitworth started me off with Clomid to induce ovulation due to my PCOS diagnosis, and upped my dosage when I stopped responding. ... We started with timed intercourse, but when that did not work, we started doing IUI.
The staff [Nashville Fertility Center] is absolutely wonderful, however the ladies up front can sometimes seem off-put by your presence. The ladies at the front desk are not the most compassionate, but the are not cold or rigid, either. ... Dr. Whitworth explained that they are regulated by the FDA and only allowed to do single embryo transfer for women under a certain age, which I fall into. ... They [nursing staff] are prompt and efficient with responding to calls.
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Whitworth is very candid and straightforward, and I like that. She is very knowledgable and shows compassion when appropriate, however she does not coddle you. She answers every question I ever have, and goes into as much detail as I want to know.
Expect to meet with her staff frequently; her nurses and staff handle most every treatment. They are wonderful, but do not expect to meet with Dr. Whitworth at every appointment.
Dr. Whitworth is pretty neutral. She's not cold, but not overly warm. I genuinely like her bedside manner, but I do prefer doctors who get to the point.
Dr. Whitworth started me off with Clomid to induce ovulation due to my PCOS diagnosis, and upped my dosage when I stopped responding. When I stopped responding to the higher dosage, she switched me to Letrozole. After a while, I began taking Ovidrel injections to ensure ovulation. We started with timed intercourse, but when that did not work, we started doing IUI. The first cycle was not monitored other than at home with an OPK tests. The next 3 cycles were monitored on CD 17 at first to check for mature follicles, as my cycles are longer than 28 days. After being on the Letrozole for a few months, my cycle length shortened and I was to come in on CD 13. If there were mature follicles, we would inject Ovidrel at the office, then schedule IUI for the next day. I would take an HPT 2 weeks after the date of injection and call with results. No beta tests were ordered. After the 3rd monitored IUI with a negative test, we had a consultation again in which she ordered further bloodwork to determine if there was an underlying issue other than PCOS. Bloodwork came back stating that I am positive for antisperm antibodies, which then Dr. Whitworth recommends IVF with ICSI.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Nashville Fertility Center.
The nursing staff is wonderful and very compassionate and knowledgable. They are prompt and efficient with responding to calls.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
The staff is absolutely wonderful, however the ladies up front can sometimes seem off-put by your presence. The ladies at the front desk are not the most compassionate, but the are not cold or rigid, either.
IUI was roughly $550. Ultrasounds vary from $150-$350. Testing is between $50-$500
Treated 2017 - 2019
Dr. Eblen understands that infertility is stressful and is empathetic. ... I always feel like Dr. Eblen is making the best decisions for me regarding my treatment plan. She was realistic about expected outcomes. Although she has a positive outlook, she doesn't build your hopes up. She is direct and intelligent. I had a variety of exams and tests to make sure PCOS was the only issue causing my infertility yet.
NFC is very organized and I feel like there is a good system in place, especially for those going through IVF. I feel as tough the doctors and nurses are knowledgeable and I don't question their decisions in my treatment plan. ... My nurse Laurie was excellent at communicating what was expected and gave me written schedules on what do do. I am already an organized person, so I'm thankful for her attention to detail as well!
How was your experience with Abby Eblen at Nashville Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Abby Eblen at Nashville Fertility Center?
Trust the process and treatment plan that she has for you. Don't waste too much time on IUI or medicated timed intercourse cycles before considering IVF. Although the cost is high, it is the quickest way to pregnancy.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Abby Eblen at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Eblen understands that infertility is stressful and is empathetic. She makes sure all my questions are answered and is super smart.
Describe the protocols Abby Eblen used in your cycles at Nashville Fertility Center and their degree of success.
For IUI, the process was simple and I took letrozole to produce more follicles. That process was the same each of the three times I did it. For IVF, I had two cycles and chose to do PGS testing on the embryos. I had 4 embryos from the first egg retrieval, but none of them came back normal. I am young, so they thought this was bad luck. The next cycle my medication was tweaked and I was put on supplements to help with egg quality. That round I had 3 normal embryos out of 4, so I'm thankful they adjusted things for me. I haven't had the embryo transfer yet, but will in just a couple of weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Laurie Lee)
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Abby Eblen at Nashville Fertility Center.
My egg retrieval including all monitoring visits leading up to it, anesthesia, and PGS testing was $13,870 (not including medications). PGS testing is optional, but definitely worth the peace of mind. The embryo transfer including monitoring visits (not including medications) was $3,980. They bill you before egg retrieval and then again before the embryo transfer. That was nice so I don't have to pay everything up front and get refunded later if we didn't get to the embryo transfer.
Describe Abby Eblen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Nashville Fertility Center.
Since my embryos are PGS tested and normal, she advises only transferring one at a time. Due to the risk of twins, I think this is a good option.

Treated 2018 - 2019
He [Dr. George Hill] started me off immediately on clomid 25 mg a day and also the ovidrul shot. I received ultrasonds on day 12 before the shot. We did all this before receiving full information regarding my husband's factors. Turns out, we have 100% male infertility factor, so all the drugs I took were for nothing.... He is kind and soft spoken. He was always up to date on our chart and familiar with my medical history and spoke to my husband's as well. He offered us options when we thought we had run out. He didn't keep us waiting for long and he always had appointments available at some time in the near future.
The clinic [Nashville Fertility Center- Nashville] is easy to get to and has valet parking. You do not wait long and everyone that works there is friendly and efficient. Some things seem dated, but that's ok with me. Everything is located right there, from the doctors, ultrasound, male fertility testing, etc, so you don't have to travel to get anywhere else.... They are very nice and compassionate, but efficient. They don't waste time and work on getting you in and out.
How was your experience with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
You may have to wait to get in with him and his openings are always in the middle of the day, so prepare to take off work.
He spoke to me and my husband in a gentle but honest way. He sat down at a table with us, he included his medical student and nurses in on the conversations, he was always up to date on our chart. He also told us there's always hope and miracles do happen.
He started me off immediately on clomid 25 mg a day and also the ovidrul shot. I received ultrasonds on day 12 before the shot. We did all this before receiving full information regarding my husband's factors. Turns out, we have 100% male infertility factor, so all the drugs I took were for nothing.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
The clinic is easy to get to and has valet parking. You do not wait long and everyone that works there is friendly and efficient. Some things seem dated, but that's ok with me. Everything is located right there, from the doctors, ultrasound, male fertility testing, etc, so you don't have to travel to get anywhere else.
My insurance doesn't pay for fertility, but I felt all prices were reasonable and they do offer a flat IVF cycle fee which is where we are headed in the future.

Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Weitzman is a very straight forward doctor. He's a no BS person, which if you have thick skin, you'll be just fine. If you're looking for compassion, he's not your guy. He doesn't beat around the bush when it comes to changes you or your spouse need to make (losing weight, etc). With his candid nature, he gives you straight forward answers of the likelihood of success with different treatment options. He will not put you through a treatment option he doesn't feel will work.
Every time we've had testing done at the clinic [Nashville Fertility Center], we've had to wait days to get ahold of someone or to have someone call us back with results. When we're at the clinic for the tests, we've been told same day or next day we'll have results. We've always had to call ourselves to get them. The last time, we were very mislead with the positive outlook of our results - which ended up being high FSH levels in my husband resulting in the only treatment option being sperm freezing and IVF.
How was your experience with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
Be patient and have thick skin.
With every visit, my husband and I have spent no less than 1.5 hours at the office. Our initial consult, we were there for 4 hours (on Christmas Eve!). You definitely need to be prepared to block off half your day to go see him.
When my husband and I went for our initial consult, I was told to try a 2nd round of clomid (my gyno had me on it the previous month). We had only tested my husband's sperm once (through his GP) and he had been put on an antibiotic to clear up what he thought was an infection. Dr. Weitzman requested my husband be off his antibiotics for 3-4 weeks and to be retested. Once we did that, we were told to come back for another consult. Based on my husband's 2 sperm counts, we were told we could see a urologist (if we wanted) or he would highly recommend going straight to sperm freezing and IVF do to a high FSH level in my husband.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Andrea Sporck)
I have not personally dealt with Andrea just yet. However, I have had major issues getting test results back on time. Every test we've done through the center, we've been told we would know results same day or next day. My husband or I would have to call, and every time we would have to wait days to get those results. After we received the last sperm analysis results, one of the staff members made it seem very promising that we could easily treat my husband's high FSH level. However, once we were told we had a game plan, we were told our only option was sperm freezing and IVF. It was a huge shock to get that news after how the test results were presented on the phone.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Check in and appointment scheduling is seamless and painless. That's about the best I have to say about the clinic's strengths. The wait time for every appointment is excruciatingly long. Once you're finally taken to a room, you sit and wait even longer on a nurse or doctor to come in. If you've got time to waste, I would recommend them.
So far, we've only paid co-pays and sperm analysis test fees. The sperm analysis was approx $20 more than it was through my husband's GP.
My person preference would be multiple embryo transfer. Dr. Weitzman doesn't do multiple embryo transfer. This is a concern of mine, and my husband and I are weighing our options for what the next step is (moving forward with Dr. Weitzman or finding another doctor).
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
Every time we've had testing done at the clinic, we've had to wait days to get ahold of someone or to have someone call us back with results. When we're at the clinic for the tests, we've been told same day or next day we'll have results. We've always had to call ourselves to get them. The last time, we were very mislead with the positive outlook of our results - which ended up being high FSH levels in my husband resulting in the only treatment option being sperm freezing and IVF.

Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr Hill showed compassion and was easy to work with. He explained things in great detail and was easy to ask questions too. ... My husband had a surgery to fix a varicose seal. Waited 6 months to determine if procedure increased sperm count. Count continued to be low and vary in numbers. Proceeded with 3 failed IUIs. Took 3 cycles of Clomid and 3 cycles of Femara. Then decided to proceed with IVF/frozen transfer. Recently had our embryo transfer
Nashville Fertility Clinic has been very easy to work with. The office environment is very clean, easy to schedule appointments, never have to wait long to be seen/close to your appointment times, front desk/billing staff are very friendly and easy to work with. Clinic appears to be very organized... My nurse, Jordan, has been great to work with. She has been very organized and easy to work with. Highly recommend her!
How was your experience with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr Hill showed compassion and was easy to work with. He explained things in great detail and was easy to ask questions too. It was always easy to get schedule appointments and office was as flexible as possible. Never had to wait long at all!!
Come ready with a list of questions!
Dr Hill and Nashville Fertility Clinic has been very easy to work with. They are super organized.
Met with Nashville Fertility Clinic based on the recommendation of my PCP and my husband's urologist (low sperm count). My husband had a surgery to fix a varicose seal. Waited 6 months to determine if procedure increased sperm count. Count continued to be low and vary in numbers. Proceeded with 3 failed IUIs. Took 3 cycles of Clomid and 3 cycles of Femara. Then decided to proceed with IVF/frozen transfer. Recently had our embryo transfer last Wednesday!! Praying for positive blood test on Monday!! This has been extremely emotional time to go through and it is hard when many others don't understand what you are going through. It has been helpful to me to meet others who are going through process to discuss things with.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jordan Vaughan)
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
About $25,000-$30,000 between IUIs and IVF with frozen transfer.
Dr Hill prefers single embryo transfers.
Treated 2016 - 2019
It’s a large clinic. I get that but we rarely saw him [Dr. Hill]. Only for consultations and before and after surgery which he did not perform... he would show concern but would be robotic in a sense that we repeated the same thing expecting a different result. In that sense we felt like a number and not an individualized case. He would explain things well and is very medically knowledgeable but wouldn’t always be clear in where he felt we should go or what we should do next.
It [Nashville Fertility Center] is a large facility and can sometimes feel like a factory in a sense, not as personable or warm and friendly feeling. Have a large staff and appear to have significant technology... there can often be substantial waits for ultrasound rooms or for getting your blood drawn.... The nurses failed to tell me about a fibroid that showed up on a scan until a couple appointments later after discovering it and I was once scheduled for a procedure at the wrong location.
How was your experience with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
It’s a large clinic. I get that but we rarely saw him. Only for consultations and before and after surgery which he did not perform... he would show concern but would be robotic in a sense that we repeated the same thing expecting a different result. In that sense we felt like a number and not an individualized case. He would explain things well and is very medically knowledgeable but wouldn’t always be clear in where he felt we should go or what we should do next.
Ask what the next step is at the end of each visit.
Sometimes he would just point to a chart and say this or that and lump us in with “everyone else” and other times ask deep detailed questions trying to understand our situation.
He chose to use Femara and campus for the five cycles along with a trigger shot after ultrasound/ follicular evaluation before performing an IUI. This was related five times without any positive outcomes.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Nashville Fertility Center.
Kristin was extremely personable and friendly, positive and smiled often. The other nurses often seem in a hurry, quick to answer or want to leave the room and sometimes annoyed. They were however very thorough and explained things pretty well.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
It is a large facility and can sometimes feel like a factory in a sense, not as personable or warm and friendly feeling. Have a large staff and appear to have significant technology... there can often be substantial waits for ultrasound rooms or for getting your blood drawn.
Roughly per IUI cycle without insurance our medicated IUIs cost about $800 for ultrasounds, medications and IUI day procedures.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
I felt very discriminated against as a larger plus size woman. I showed progress in weight loss and continued improvement but that was never acknowledged when re-evaluation for procedures happened. The nurses failed to tell me about a fibroid that showed up on a scan until a couple appointments later after discovering it and I was once scheduled for a procedure at the wrong location.
Treated 2018 - 2019
She [Dr. Whitworth] has been encouraging to us throughout our treatment even when it hasn't been successful. She has a caring staff and when there have been issues with appointments or staff she has made a strong effort to make things right and quickly...I had a smooth IVF stimulation experience...She gave me a list of supplements to take ahead of time as well as my husband...She was very thorough in explaining why she would only transfer one embryo at a time which I appreciated.
For as large of a clinic it [Nashville Fertility Center] is run well. There can be long wait times but for the most part it runs smoothly. Strengths- clean, good parking, kind employees Weaknesses- can have long wait times, followup appointments are sometimes far out...I also have had to call the billing department and other areas with questions and everyone has been very kind and prompt...Everyone at the office has always been very friendly. It is just a large practice with a lot of patients.
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr Whitworth explains things very well at appointments. She is very kind but if you are looking for a doctor that is bubbly she may not be the one for you. She has a very calm personality. She has been encouraging to us throughout our treatment even when it hasn't been successful. She has a caring staff and when there have been issues with appointments or staff she has made a strong effort to make things right and quickly.
I have had a good experience with her and think she does care for her patients.
I had a smooth IVF stimulation experience. My estrogen levels did get very high before retrieval but I used a Lupron trigger and had a freeze all cycle and everything ended up going well with the retrieval. I used gonal f, cetrotide, hcg & lupron. She gave me a list of supplements to take ahead of time as well as my husband.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Andie)
Andie has been my IVF NP and I cannot say enough good things about her. Since your IVF nurse is who you communicate with the most having a great one is essential. My first nurse left and I was given Andie after and she has been the best. She is so compassionate, kind and truly goes the extra mile for you. She looks you in the eye and never makes you feel rushed. She answers emails or phone calls promptly. She sits with you at your appointments and goes over everything thoroughly for as long as you need. We could use more people in healthcare like Andie! I also have had to call the billing department and other areas with questions and everyone has been very kind and prompt.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
For as large of a clinic it is run well. There can be long wait times but for the most part it runs smoothly. Strengths- clean, good parking, kind employees Weaknesses- can have long wait times, followup appointments are sometimes far out As with all healthcare, be your own advocate. Be on top of your appointments and don't hesitate to ask questions to your doctor or even the billing department.
25,000+ , IUI, IVF, FETs, additional testing
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
I had a followup phone appointment scheduled for a specific time. Somehow the scheduler overlooked it and Dr Whitworth was not made aware of our appointment. Needless to say once we talked to her she was very apologetic and even sent a follow-up email on how they were going to make sure it never happened again to another patient. She definitely tried to make things right which we appreciated.
Nashville
[Dr. Weitzman's] bedside manner is not exactly warm and he is very straight forward in his approach which i didn't mind but if you want someone that is going to soften a blow he is not going to do that. He spent a good deal of time with us at our first appointment but after that was rarely able to see us or explain anything in detail and left that to his nurses and NPs who, when left to explain more complicated situations (male factor infertility in our case), really dropped the ball and presented situations as way more dire and with less possible outcomes then were truly available and left us in a panic. We chose not to continue IVF with Dr. Weitzman so i cant speak to how he handles communications and situations in the thick of treatment. I believe that overall Dr Weitzman is a great doctor but the busyness of his clinic coupled with the rest of the staff (front desk, nursing, etc) makes you feel like you are a number rather than an actual person.
The nurses staff that you don't see as frequently (blood draws, check in, etc) were friendly and welcoming. Nurse Practioners [at Nashville Fertility Center] are friendly and nice but are left to do a lot of the explaining of test results and procedures. We were left a lot of voicemails from NPs with test results and then had a really hard time getting back in touch with them once they had left a voicemail...We were told that both of my husbands semen samples had no sperm however we later found our from our urologist that they found 1 mature mobile sperm in our second sample which he said was much better than none. It took us multiple phone calls and emails to get records transferred to our urologist and then again to our new clinic and the second set of records was never sent and eventually had to be transferred to me so that i had them for any further use since we continued to have such a hard time getting records sent.
How was your experience with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr Weitzman is a great doctor and he is very knowledgable. His bedside manner is not exactly warm and he is very straight forward in his approach which i didn't mind but if you want someone that is going to soften a blow he is not going to do that. He spent a good deal of time with us at our first appointment but after that was rarely able to see us or explain anything in detail and left that to his nurses and NPs who, when left to explain more complicated situations (male factor infertility in our case), really dropped the ball and presented situations as way more dire and with less possible outcomes then were truly available and left us in a panic. We chose not to continue IVF with Dr. Weitzman so i cant speak to how he handles communications and situations in the thick of treatment. I believe that overall Dr Weitzman is a great doctor but the busyness of his clinic coupled with the rest of the staff (front desk, nursing, etc) makes you feel like you are a number rather than an actual person.
Make sure you establish a line of communication from the beginning and advocate for yourself or you may not get the time and treatment you deserve. If you want him to call with results of big tests make sure you establish that up front and ask to speak with him when you don't fully understand something that is being communicated from another staff member (RN, NP, PA).
We received some news from a nurse practitioner which she said would make it nearly impossible for us to have our own children but that she wasn't entirely sure how to interpret the results and offered to make an appointment for us in 5 weeks to talk to our doctor. It is almost impossible to get a call back from anyone at the office and the staff acts annoyed when you feel like a situation is urgent.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Nashville Fertility Center.
The nurses staff that you don't see as frequently (blood draws, check in, etc) were friendly and welcoming. Nurse Practioners are friendly and nice but are left to do a lot of the explaining of test results and procedures. We were left a lot of voicemails from NPs with test results and then had a really hard time getting back in touch with them once they had left a voicemail.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
During visits the clinic is efficient and organized. They see a lot of patients which can make wait times really long. Simple tasks like getting records transferred , making an appointment, or trying to get in touch with someone about test results can be really hard and take multiple phone calls and emails before you see results.
We only paid for labs, SA, and ultrasounds which all seemed to be about average to what we paid otherplaces
Treated 2018 - 2019
He [Dr. Glenn Weitzman] is very professional and very smart. He has a lot of successful transfers and he is very particular about each detail and I appreciate that. The office itself had a few issues with following through on some things which was frustrating, but that does not reflect Dr. Weitzman.... He was very adamant about ONLY using one embryo with our surrogate. I valued his respect for the surrogate.
Cross communication would be helpful [at Nashville Fertility Center]. Sometimes you are unable to see your nurse so there needs to be a patient review if your IVF nurse is out. The details they give while you meet with them are great. They are fast for each visit.... Just the following up after an appointment with results once or twice left us confused. I do wish they had also called my surrogate after she submitted her application. They did not follow up.
How was your experience with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
He is very professional and very smart. He has a lot of successful transfers and he is very particular about each detail and I appreciate that. The office itself had a few issues with following through on some things which was frustrating, but that does not reflect Dr. Weitzman.
Make sure you ask a lot of questions and don’t assume they will follow up- be intentional with every step!
The nurse was intentional with us. If the nurse was absent, another nurse would promptly call back to assist.
Have not completed our IVF cycle at this time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kelli Millet )
They were good overall. A bit of delay and distraction a few times which was confusing and delayed our progress a bit.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Cross communication would be helpful. Sometimes you are unable to see your nurse so there needs to be a patient review if your IVF nurse is out. The details they give while you meet with them are great. They are fast for each visit.
Haven’t calculated them all and we aren’t done yet. It was well over 12k so far.
Treated 2017 - 2019
I only see Dr. Eblen when a trial has failed. I can’t put the blame solely on her. The clinic is overrun with patients. Unfortunately this means that the care I’ve received makes me feel more like a number...I appreciate that Dr. Eblen likes to give methods a good try, 3 times each. She’s adjusted dosages and medications to try something different. I know her goal Is for us to get pregnant but for one reason or another, things haven’t worked out for us just yet.
The clinic [Nashville Fertility Center] is overrun with patients. Unfortunately this means that the care I’ve received makes me feel more like a number...The nursing staff is great and attentive. A little difficult to get on the phone right away, always have to leave a message but they generally call back within an hour or so...I’ve had some confusion on communication regarding pharmacy orders. I called to give my pharmacy’s address and rather than calling me back to let me know it was taken care of, they assumed I should know it was called in and asked if I had called the pharmacy.
How was your experience with Abby Eblen at Nashville Fertility Center?
Be your own advocate. Ask all of the questions you can.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
I haven’t experienced all this clinic has to give, but what I do know is that their goal is to get you pregnant, and they’ll do whatever they can to try and make that happen. There is a little bit of a lack of empathy and personal touch but they have so many patients, it’s hard to expect them to remember everything about you.
In total probably close to $5,000 including all visits and medication.
We have not done embryo transfers with Dr. Eblen yet.
Nashville
He [Dr. Weitzman] wanted what was best for me and my body, he also was very respectful and understanding of my condition along the way. ... He is very serious yet very precise in his work. Has incredible knowledge of my condition and what treatments would work best for me. He is a perfectionist in his work, he does the job well. Some might not like the lack of bedside manners he possesses but I prefer someone who want what is best for me and knows what they are doing over someone who doesn’t work from the heart, from passion of his job.
Their [Nashville Fertility Cente] strengths are good communication between patient and nursing staff, accurate testing and prompt testing results, easy to schedule appointments. Weaknesses...at this time I have none to put down here. ... [Nursing Staff] Organized, very friendly, and upbeat ... The costs are high but having a baby as the result of IVF is worth it because your dreams of becoming a parent was made possible through medicine.
How was your experience with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
Trust him, he may take forever but if you are patient with him you will learn a lot.
He wanted what was best for me and my body, he also was very respectful and understanding of my condition along the way. He gave me hopes I would eventually achieve pregnancy.
Right now 8mg of estrogen and 10 mg of progesterone to help achieve and hold a pregnancy. I have a healthy uterus, just very low levels of hormones that needs some boosting up.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kelli Marten)
Organized, very friendly, and upbeat
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Their strengths are good communication between patient and nursing staff, accurate testing and prompt testing results, easy to schedule appointments. Weaknesses...at this time I have none to put down here.
He is a firm believer of single embryo transfer.
Nashville
She was very helpful and explained what options I had available. The difficulties were moving to the next step after the initial treatments were unsuccessful. I've only interacted with Dr. Eblan twice since becoming a patient ... She completed an ultrasound the same day as the initial consult. Weakness, you don't see the doctor again after the initial consult, you have to leave messages if you have questions and wait for a response.
Strengths it's not a long wait [at Nashville Fert Ctr] to get an appointment with the doctor, she explained what my issues were and the best treatment. ... The nursing staff was fine however it wasn't very personable. It was set up to get you in the office and back out as quickly as possible so if you had questions they didn't have enough time to answer them. It felt rushed. ... She completed an ultrasound the same day as the initial consult. Weakness, you don't see the doctor again after the initial consult, you have to leave messages if you have questions and wait for a response.
How was your experience with Abby Eblen at Nashville Fertility Center?
Have your questions prepared because it's a lot if information to take in. Have an idea of which process you'd like to move forward with. Have someone with you. Going through this process is a lot mentally so having someone with you can help the process go more smoothly.
They took the time to talk and explain what was going on
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Strengths it's not a long wait to get an appointment with the doctor, she explained what my issues were and the best treatment. She completed an ultrasound the same day as the initial consult. Weakness, you don't see the doctor again after the initial consult, you have to leave messages if you have questions and wait for a response.
Understanding how much meds would cost along with the procedure. How much meds to purchase. Ovidrel gonal f pen. 2000
I've completed 2 iui treatments. My next step is ivf
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Weitzman has been a great doctor throughout this process. He is very blunt, which took some time to get used to. However, I really appreciate his approach. He doesn’t sugarcoat anything, but gives you all the facts and why he comes to his final decision.... Based on endometriosis and DOR I will be on a micro dose of injectionable medications.... He isn’t forthcoming in all the details that you might care about, so come with questions if you want them answered.
You can’t speak with someone directly [at Nashville Fertility Center- Nashville]. You have to leave a message and wait for someone to call you back. They call back within the day if you call before late afternoon, but it would be nice to speak with someone directly.... Andy is the best! She is very compassionate and very patient. She answers all my questions and returns all my phone calls and emails.
How was your experience with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
Come with questions prepared. He isn’t forthcoming in all the details that you might care about, so come with questions if you want them answered.
Every patient has a unique situation and each and every time I have interaction with the clinic, my treatment and consultations are personalized to me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Andy)
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
You can’t speak with someone directly. You have to leave a message and wait for someone to call you back. They call back within the day if you call before late afternoon, but it would be nice to speak with someone directly.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
One prescription was not called in.
Nashville
He [Dr. Weitzman] was very short and I only seen him once. He has not been present for any of my iui’s I have no clue if I needed to go up on medications since I’ve not been able to see or speak to him.... He was intimidating and i was afraid to ask questions. But he did listen to my concerns and addressed my issues. And very gentle when doing exams. I don’t like that he was not involved in my iui procedures to ask questions on what we could Change.
The clinic [Nashville Fertility Center] is good i have no conplaints... The staff is very friendly and good with making appointments. When my iui failed they just told me to start a new cycle i did not feel any compassion but it didn’t bother me.... The cost of the consultation was over $300 which was expensive but the iui was a decent price.... [nursing staff] Timely but one didn’t do a good job with doing the iui procedure
How was your experience with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
Ask questions before procedures to know if you can expect the dr to be present or not. Or how the dr plans to proceed if the plan doesn’t work.
He was very short and I only seen him once. He has not been present for any of my iui’s I have no clue if I needed to go up on medications since I’ve not been able to see or speak to him.
Just to take femara and try iui 3 times
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Nashville Fertility Center.
Nice! Timely but one didn’t do a good job with doing the iui procedure
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
The clinic is good i have no conplaints... The staff is very friendly and good with making appointments. When my iui failed they just told me to start a new cycle i did not feel any compassion but it didn’t bother me.
Treated 2017 - 2019
Dr. Whitworth is a very smart and compassionate doctor. After a big set back, she has completely given me a personalized treatment for my next cycle. The majority of the time, I didn’t get to see her, unless I made an appointment with her or I happened to come in to clinic the day she was working.... [Eset Approach] Single embryo transfer is backed up by research
Strength: schedule flexibility, usually short wait, straight to the point Weakness: clinic [Nashville Fertility Center] is too big, too many patients per nurse. Multiple entities. They will charge you to inject you even if the patient brings the medication, syringes and needle.... [nurse] Andy is really the best. Super organized, personalized, compassionate, and just a really good nurse!
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Like any other doctor, you have to be your best advocate.
Initially like a number, later like a patient. It also depends on which clinic, Nashville is bigger so more like a number than in Murfreesboro
Le trozo le only, le trozo le and Gonal-f, Gonal-f only with a total of 8 iui that resulted in 2 chemical pregnancies. Mini ivf cycle FSH 125, hcg mini dose, resulted 13 eggs, 1 PGS tested and 1 abnormal one.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Strength: schedule flexibility, usually short wait, straight to the point Weakness: clinic is too big, too many patients per nurse. Multiple entities. They will charge you to inject you even if the patient brings the medication, syringes and needle.
$27000
Single embryo transfer is backed up by research
Treated 2017 - 2019
He [Dr. Glenn Weitzman] is very candid but warm, eager to listen to questions, thorough, and hopeful. He cut to he chase but not in a dehumanizing way. He showed genuine concern for my outcomes and my comfort, mentally and physically...We used follistim, menoour, ovidrel, ganirelix to do an egg retrieval, which was very successful. 4 day 5 blasts were created. One was transferred fresh, which resulted in a live birth. One was transferred frozen a year later and resulted in an ongoing pregnancy
The financial office [at Nashville Fertility Center] was very helpful and upfront and knowledgeable about discount programs and ways to manage costs...This office has short wait times, great facilities, friendly staff, and clear instructions. I always felt as if I were in great hands. I felt confident that they knew what they were doing and would give me great care...Everyone from nurses to administrators to coordinators were 100% professional, caring, and efficient. I never doubted their ability to coordinate and execute my treatment plan.
How was your experience with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
He is very candid but warm, eager to listen to questions, thorough, and hopeful. He cut to he chase but not in a dehumanizing way. He showed genuine concern for my outcomes and my comfort, mentally and physically.
Be candid and ask as many questions as you can.
Good bedside manner, follow up calls, concern was evident.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Thankfully my insurance covered most of my drugs. The financial office was very helpful and upfront and knowledgeable about discount programs and ways to manage costs.
We were comfortable with a single embryo protocol, especially with my advanced maternal age.
Treated 2018 - 2019
She [Dr. Elben] was available to answer all of my questions and create a game plan that didnt involve dragging everything out. She let me move onto IVF as I wanted....After being diagnosed with a low egg number, she decided we would do 2-3 IUI and then move onto IVF. She didn't want to waste time.... I felt like she genuinely cared and helped calm my worries. After the first treatments were unsuccessful, she changed me right to IVF instead of making me continue with the other.
It can be difficult to get a straight answer from the billing department [Nashville Fertility Center]. I had to call several times before I would get a phone call back. They did not tend to discuss my insurance coverage very well....Everyone [nursing staff] was always easy to get ahold of and answer any questions I might have had.... After being diagnosed with a low egg number, she decided we would do 2-3 IUI
How was your experience with Abby Eblen at Nashville Fertility Center?
I felt like she genuinely cared and helped calm my worries. After the first treatments were unsuccessful, she changed me right to IVF instead of making me continue with the other. It was not too hard to get a consultation appointment when I felt a different approach was needed.
Be sure to bring a pen and paper to each appointment. she covers a lot of information pretty fast and it's hard to remember everything.
She was available to answer all of my questions and create a game plan that didnt involve dragging everything out. She let me move onto IVF as I wanted.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center.
Everyone was always easy to get ahold of and answer any questions I might have had.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
It can be difficult to get a straight answer from the billing department. I had to call several times before I would get a phone call back. They did not tend to discuss my insurance coverage very well.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Hill truly cares about our case. He has looked me in the eyes and told me he is not giving up on me...have been so helpful, warm and compassionate. I feel like we are in good hands. They are realistic yet hopeful and truly care about our case...we used several injections and medications during the stimulation cycle to retrieve the eggs. It was changed up the second time due to my body not responding great to the meds but mostly similar results.
I do agree with their decision [at Nashville Fertility Center] to only implant one at a time. Given my age and background I think it was the right decision...I couldn’t have got through this without Jordan. And all of the nursing staff. They are all angels...We paid out of pocket for the first round. I want to say close to $29,000 once everything was said and done...IVF nurses at Nashville Fertility Center have been so helpful, warm and compassionate. I feel like we are in good hands.
How was your experience with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Hill and all of the IVF nurses at Nashville Fertility Center have been so helpful, warm and compassionate. I feel like we are in good hands. They are realistic yet hopeful and truly care about our case.
Be cautiously optimistic about the whole Fertility journey.
I don’t remember the specifics but we used several injections and medications during the stimulation cycle to retrieve the eggs. It was changed up the second time due to my body not responding great to the meds but mostly similar results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jordan Vaughan )
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
They are compassionate, great at what they do and also are timely with their appointments. I love how they require an IVF class before going through IVF. It was so informative. As far as weaknesses go, I have only had wonderful experiences w NFC.
We paid out of pocket for the first round. I want to say close to $29,000 once everything was said and done. This last cycle we had some of it covered by insurance. But not all of it.
I do agree with their decision to only implant one at a time. Given my age and background I think it was the right decision.