Genetic counseling: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
645 Sierra Rose Drive
Reno, NV 89511
775-828-1200
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine to a friend?

2 doctors
The nurse practitioners [at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine] were amazing but the medical assistant acted as if it was a pain to answer questions, seemed overly happy to call with negative betas, and showed no empathy or care during my chemical pregnancy...When we spoke with the Dr about the medical assistant he just laughed it off and has had previous complaints but did not seem to care...They are fairly slow to respond to phone messages and very rarely answer the nurses help line. It is nice to be able to call nights or weekends if there is an emergency. Sometimes appointments start very late but they usually have openings for procedures. They do not look at timing between trigger shots and iui injections.
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Russell Foulk at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
The nurse practitioners were amazing but the medical assistant acted as if it was a pain to answer questions, seemed overly happy to call with negative betas, and showed no empathy or care during my chemical pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jonna)
Everyone was very sweet except for one medical assistant and a very rude front desk clerk. When we spoke with the Dr about the medical assistant he just laughed it off and has had previous complaints but did not seem to care.
What specific things went wrong at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
He was very nice in our meetings but we would only see him or talk with him after all planned course of treatments failed. He would just tell us what he wanted to do next and has seemed very hands off.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Russell Foulk at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Be prepared to talk mostly with nurses and try to ask as many questions as you can when you do meet him.
Describe the protocols Russell Foulk used in your cycles at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I have low AMH and my husband has low motility. Dr. Faulk first tried 4 rounds of 5 days of 100mg clomid stimulation which all failed. He decided next to try 4 rounds IUI with Clomid 100 mg for 5 days for stimulation. One resulted in a chemical and the last round the nurse bumped my does up to 150mg of clomid for 5 days. He started with clomid rounds to for see if I could get pregnant and then when I didn’t he moved us up to IUI. After getting my chemical they did one last round of iui and have offered to do one more round (making 5 rounds total) while my husband and I try to save and plan for IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Russell Foulk at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
We have spent about $10,000 so far. One month of IUI IS $1000 not including meds and one month of medication stimulation is $500. It is $250 for an ultrasound appointment, $250 for semen analysis, $250 for IUI injection appointment.
Reno

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Russell Foulk at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Communication from doctor to patient needs to be improved. The clinical staff [Nevada Ctr for Repro Med] could learn how to smile once in a while. Otherwise, everyone is knowledgeable. The clinic is very clean! I do appreciate that. One thing is, the office staff does not manage insurance well. If your insurance has a claim issue, you will be responsible for the cash pay price of the visit and no additional visits can be made until any existing balances are paid in full.
European, Other
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Communication from doctor to patient needs to be improved. The clinical staff could learn how to smile once in a while. Otherwise, everyone is knowledgeable. The clinic is very clean! I do appreciate that. One thing is, the office staff does not manage insurance well. If your insurance has a claim issue, you will be responsible for the cash pay price of the visit and no additional visits can be made until any existing balances are paid in full.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Scott Whitten at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
I am extremely young. I started trying to get pregnant at 18 with medical help. I was never given the consideration, compassion, and understanding needed. Several older friends of mine were treated much better because they had more funds available.
My nurse is sweet. At times she seems uninterested or rushed. It is understandable sometimes. Mostly, she is able to answer any and all questions and help to ease worries. Additionally, she lets me add my input on my care.
What specific things went wrong at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
How was your experience with Scott Whitten at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Whitten is polite and knowledgeable. However, when seeking medical help to achieve a pregnancy, you need answers. Several questions were never fully answered for me. Concerns were made out as “silly”. Additionally, I felt if there is an option before using injectable meds, it needs to be utilized first. Not just jumping straight to where the money is at! I would also have liked to meet with the doctor more. Not only for my first consultation and when I expressed I was out of money to continue trying.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Scott Whitten at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Do your research on anything you have questions about first.
Describe the protocols Scott Whitten used in your cycles at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I did one round of clomid with Dr. Whitten. I was resistant and did not ovulate. When I went in for my follicle scan, we simply canceled the cycle because there were no follicles. I did a round of Femara and I ovulated. I did not conceive. Following that, we did Femara a second time and I did not ovulate. I was not checking to see if there were any follicles. I had to wait 6 weeks for my period to be missed/come before any treatments would happen. I never started my cycle myself. Since then to current we have used injections. The first cycle was 75IU follistim. I was triggered and ovulated. Second was 300 IU gonal f. I ovulated. We did it again, and I did not ovulate or produce follicles. Third, we did 600 IU and I overstimulated. We are currently starting prednisone. Also, we have had several tries between the cycles stated where we used the same protocols with the same results.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Whitten at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Because of my insurance, I have $45.00 copays. My husband had a $250.00 payment for all sperm samples. IUI is typically $550.00, but my insurance allows 6 in a fiscal year. If your insurance sends back a claim error, you will be forced to pay the full cash price to be seen again.
Reno

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Scott Whitten at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.

Anovulation, Other, Unexplained
I think they [Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine] were great. They helped answer any questions promptly, they were really prompt with anything. If I called and left a message I knew I'd get a call back within 30 minutes. Everyone was so friendly from the moment I walked in, until I left. I don't know off the top of my head a weakness... They were amazing! While I saw Jonna (the PA) every time I had an appointment I got familiar with the nurses, and they are just incredibly. I cannot say enough good things about them.
European, Other
Anovulation, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I think they were great. They helped answer any questions promptly, they were really prompt with anything. If I called and left a message I knew I'd get a call back within 30 minutes. Everyone was so friendly from the moment I walked in, until I left. I don't know off the top of my head a weakness
I haven't had a lot of communication directly with Dr. Faulk, because he does also work in Utah. So there isn't a strong relationship, but I do think he truly cares and wants the very best for his patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jonna Collins)
I liked that he was very honest with me about my fertility. He haven't given me false hope. I feel that he has great bedside manner and genuinely cares for his patients. The only con I can really say is I rarely see him. So I wish I saw him more. I think I personally saw him 3 times of my 12 months of treatment. I'm not even really sure what my embryo quality was, which may possibly be my own fault, for not contacting him.
To go in with an open mind and to keep your faith. Trust your doctor, ask questions, but trust his judgement.
My first 6 cycles were with Clomid, the first cycle I had way too many follicles, so we had to adjust. After adjusting I had 2-3 each time. After 6 cycles he changed me to Femara, which also worked well for me. Unfortunatletly that didn't work either. So we moved to IUI with Femara. He made it clear that my chances would drastically decline after 3 IUI', and after that IVF would be our best bet. He thouroughly went through IVf with me, and we didn't get the results we hoped for, but I don't blame that on him.
In 13 months total, including 7 times cycles, 3 IUI's and 1 IVF cycle, we have spent about 25K. 13k of that was from IVF.
Describe Russell Foulk's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I only have one embryo, so that's all we talked about
Reno

The doctor is fantastic but the rest of the professionals [Nevada Ctr for Repro Med] are so-so. They seem competent so I don't have any issues with them treating me, but I feel like I have to stay totally on top of my treatment to get all the information that I need. There have been a couple of surprises.... A few hiccups have occurred, mostly minor annoyances that I was able to correct on my own. The nurse forgot to call in a prescription which resulted in me having to wait an extra 30 minutes.
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The doctor is fantastic but the rest of the professionals are so-so. They seem competent so I don't have any issues with them treating me, but I feel like I have to stay totally on top of my treatment to get all the information that I need. There have been a couple of surprises.
Dr Foulk has been very upfront about my options and takes all the time I need to answer my questions. I feel very comfortable with him. However, his professional staff always seem a bit in a rush to get the procedures done and on to the next patient.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kellie Kopp)
All the nurses are pleasant, but I felt very neutral about them. They were polite but didn't seem interested in me. All my appointments seemed rushed and important results were not communicated to me. I didn't feel like I could get answers for some of my follow up questions without seeing the doctor again.
What specific things went wrong at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Foulk is clearly very knowledgeable about his field and seems to be a successful business man. He has taken the time to answer my questions and is very transparent when asking. However, at my last visit when discussing the IVF procedure it seemed like I had an understanding of where we were going. Later, I received a price sheet from the financial counselor that had all these extra things that we did not discuss. Sometimes, I feel like I am not given the full picture and without all the information I am not equipped to ask all the questions that I need answers.
Do a lot of research on your own to prepare yourself.
The doctor suggested that I try three medicated cycles with IUI even despite being at an advanced maternal age. He was upfront that the procedure had low odds of 2-4% chance of a live birth per cycle. When asked if I should move onto IVF instead, he responded that my AMH was high for my age and thus I was in no rush. He suggested that even though the success rate was low, the possibility of not doing IVF made trying it worth it.
Clomid with IUI $1248 with medications IVF with egg freezing and PGS biopsy (no transfer) $13100 without medications or PGS testing
Dr Foulk didn't seem to have a strong preference of single vs multiple embryo transfer. I did not seem like he would advise for more than two at one time.
Reno

[Nurses at NV Center for Repro Med] Friendly, knowledgeable but can rush though explanations so for me it was hard to understand certain things the first time...[Clinic i] Well organized, clean and welcoming. It's can feel like you are being rushed through sometimes especially for ultrasounds. The appointment takes minutes but costs $250 min. For me it is a bit excessive and too expensive. Ithe can feel very much like a business and have a sreamlined protocol where they care more about the money rather than coming up with an individual plan catered to my needs.
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Th communication between the Dr and the PA was a bit broken. The PA always assumed that I knew what was happening and rushed me through the appointment. The process and explanation why certain this HD to happen wasn't clear and when I did ask a question it felt like I was a burden.
When I first went to see Dr Whitten he set a plan in motion right away and we were able to do an IUI the first month we saw him. He had good bedside manner and was caring but also didn't sugar coat anything.
Dr Whitten will spend a good amount of time on your first visit. This would be a great time to ask all your questions because other appointments feel a little rushed.
I have unexplined fertility so all test results came back normal. He suggested IUI because if I had hostile cervical mucus and IUI would bypass the cervix. I was ovulating on my own but he had me taking clomid and then femara to help produce a big enough folicle. Once I had a big enough folicle I was given and HCG shot to force ovulation and then did the IUI the next day. After the IUI I took progesterone suppository until I got a negative pregnancy test the day my period should start in case I didn't produce enough progesterone on my own. All though out my cycle the would do an ultrasound of my ovaries to see the progress of the foliclesame and to make sure I didn't have any cysts from the medication. Theven Dr won't give you a prescription unlessential you are being monitored with the frequent ultrasounds.
First visit with ultrasound:$265 Ultrasounds (up to 4 a cycle) $250 IUI :$250 Sperms washing: $250 My typical per cyle cost was around $1200
Reno

I really enjoyed visiting this clinic [Nevada Center for Reproductive Med]. The office staff and medical personnel were compassionate and caring, and always did a great job of helping me to feel at ease. They offer support groups and meetings that include those that are trying to conceive (TTC) and also groups for those that have lost babies through miscarriages and new births.... One of the nurses that described the procedure and exactly what was going to happen was not sensitive or compassionate.
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I really enjoyed visiting this clinic. The office staff and medical personnel were compassionate and caring, and always did a great job of helping me to feel at ease. They offer support groups and meetings that include those that are trying to conceive (TTC) and also groups for those that have lost babies through miscarriages and new births. This clinic is able to offer many different procedures.
Dr. Whitten was very open to my multitude of questions. He answered each one carefully, and never made me feel unsure about asking. He explained everything completely before and during procedures.
One of the nurses that described the procedure and exactly what was going to happen was not sensitive or compassionate. She acted like she hated her job showing no enthusiasm or hope. My husband wanted to back out of the whole process right then. My favorite person there was the ultrasound technician. I forgot her name but she’s unbelievable!
I felt like the positive attributes of Dr Whitten include one on one communication. One of the negative aspects of seeing this doctor, is that he was very busy. It took a long time to get appointments & I always felt like he was hurrying at the appointments. Sometimes I had to wait for quite a while after being in the exam room.
Be prepared to spend some time waiting at the appointments.
The doctor had me take Clomid for my cycles. We tried 2 iui cycles with donor sperm due to my husband low count. Negative results.
I remember that there was a substantial financial cost involved with this clinic. We were able to do most of the testing on our military base's health clinic, which saved us some money. The reason we did not go forward with IVF here was due to the cost. We were able to do two IUI cycles at this clinic.
Describe Scott Whitten's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
We didn’t do this

Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
The staff [at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine] was very nice and listened to our concerns and questions. The only thing we didn't like was when you called you always had to leave a message and they'd call you back...They [nurses] all cared. They were nice and helpful in any questions I had about the meds and when to take them... It cost $250.00 for an ultrasound of my tubes and uterus to find eggs after I took Clomid and then $500.00 for each iui.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The staff was very nice and listened to our concerns and questions. The only thing we didn't like was when you called you always had to leave a message and they'd call you back. They did have one lady who had an accent and she was hard to understand.
They were really nice there and caring nurses and doctors. They always said hi and asked how we were.
They all cared. They were nice and helpful in any questions I had about the meds and when to take them.
He explained what he would do and the success rates, cost, and answered any questions we had. If I had a weird period he wanted me to tell him about it and he would find out why it was weird. He seemed to care about his patients. He seemed honest and everyone helped us with our journey to concieve but each iui failed. Our last iui my job was closing and we were going to be moved to a different job. I knew our hours would be less and I wouldn't be able to afford another one. When it didn't take Dr. Foulk wanted to do ivf but since I was barely working I didn't have the money and we were putting our iuis on a credit card. So we stopped there and haven't been able to afford ivf.
He's really nice. I liked his team.
Iui with Clomid. I had to take Clomid for 5 days right starting on day 3 or 4 of my cycle. Then they would insert my husband's washed sperm and give an hsg shot. I had to insert progesterone suppositories for 14 days . Starting the night the sperm was inserted.
We paid after each appointment when we checked out. My insurance didn't cover any of our luis so we put it all on a credit card. My insurance did cover a pap smear and the procedure to see if my tubes were blocked. It cost $250.00 for an ultrasound of my tubes and uterus to find eggs after I took Clomid and then $500.00 for each iui. Medication cost around $200.00. And they charged $15.00 to administer shot before iui. I had a pregnancy test at lab Corp 14 days after each iui that my insurance covered a little of. I think I paid around $50.00 for each test.
Reno

They [Nevada Center for Repro] did the minimum necessary for testing, everything seemed scripted and not individualized. They lost test results and tried to charge me for ones that they drew wrong ... My experience with this clinic was exponentially worse due to the nursing staff. ... I marked that I had a canceled cycle, but it was never really canceled, just pointless as I had been given the wrong calendar and told to start clomid two days late.
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
They may have made changes in the last few years, but I felt like it was disorganized. I had test results get lost, the woman in charge of billing was not friendly or helpful. There seemed to be a lot of turnover with the nursing staff.
Everything felt rehearsed. Nothing felt like it was individualized to me as a patient.
My experience with this clinic was exponentially worse due to the nursing staff. I had an issue with luteal phase fevers. To be fair, no other doctor or clinic has been able to identify the cause or etiology of these. However, this clinic was the worst of all the clinics I saw in terms of their responsiveness. I called during my first cycle to report that I had a fever one week after the IUI. They replied that it wasn't a known issue and to take tylenol. Afterward, I realized that it was not an isolated incident and that it had been occuring every few months since we had started trying. When I reported this to the nurse practitioner at my next visit, she spent several minutes arguing with me that I didn't need to push for IVF, which I had actually not been doing and never mentioned IVF. I had only been pointing out that I felt like this was not a one-off like I thought and that I was concerned with going forward if I had a pattern of getting a fever at the exact time in which implantation should be happening. I had simply said I'd prefer to spend more money on testing on the front end rather than push through with treatments that will fail and had inquired if we had done all the testing that should be done. After several tries to get her to understand this, she had said that no, we had done all the testing (I found out later that we had not), and "if you're asking if there's a simple blood test, the answer is no." Two months and $2k later, when I presented my concerns to Dr. Whitten, he stated that it could be an issue with an antibody and "that's a simple blood test. We can pull that right here in the office." This fever issue became a sticking point and I called each month to tell them, as well as mentioning it at each office visit. It was never once noted in my chart, despite the fact that the last time I called about it, I demanded that it be noted in my chart in my message. The reply I got from that message was that we would be continuing with another cycle and that at some point, the doctor would want me to come in for an HSG. I had had one, at this clinic, and relayed this to the nurse, who replied "that's weird. Looking at your chart, it looks like you're a new patient." I canceled the cycle, which they expressed annoyance about and demanded an appointment with the doctor, who had no knowledge of the issue due to the fact they never took notes. They also drew my blood wrong at one point, billed for it on the wrong day, and tried to make me pay twice. During my second IUI, the nurse practitioner completed my calendar wrong and had me start clomid two days late.
What specific things went wrong at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Whitten seemed knowledgeable, but did not ever give any indication that he was up to date on the latest research, other than drug trials they were completing in their clinic. As a patient, I was concerned looking at his experience as it seemed he had done the bare minimum education and experience necessary to become an RE, no research or publications to his name. He did not indicate that his handling of my case would be very "hands off." When I scheduled a plan of care with him, he knew very little about my case and when I voiced my concerns about how my case was mismanaged by the clinic, he defended practices I know to not be the norm for medical practices as I have been in the medical community and the majority of my family members are physicians with their own practices. He also wrote off the bad experience in that it "seemed like it was bringing up bad memories" for me of other experiences (when I had compared his clinic's mishandling of my case to when I had surgery at another major hospital the day they switched from paper charts to computer charts).
I would encourage Reno residents to check out other options in the Sacramento area. It seems like a waste of time, but it is much more worth it in my opinion. However, if that is not an option for whatever reason, I would suggest making a couple of demands/requests. These were the demands I would have made had I stayed with that practice: 1. to always be on the doctor's schedule (not to be sent to the nurse practitioner for care or treatments. However, I had a friend do this due to a bad experience with the nurse practitioner at this clinic and when they checked in for their IUI, they were informed that no doctors were in the office that day, so they had to either "suck it up" and deal with her again or cancel the cycle all together. 2. ONE nurse as my primary nurse. It was ridiculous calling the nurses line and getting different nurses every time. Some had issues reading my chart correctly and NONE of them made notes of our conversations, which was an issue when I had complications each month and the doctor had no idea when reviewing my chart to make recommendations.
I completed 3 IUIs with Dr. Whitten's office (one with him, the rest with the nurse practitioner). Each was a clomid cycle. I cannot recall the dosage. We had been trying on our own for over a year, and my testing all came back normal, so there was no indication that we needed to do anything other than IUI. Each cycle was the same, no changes made.
We spent at least $1000 on testing, and at least $1000 on each IUI. None of it was covered under my insurance. I found out a year later when we went to another clinic that my insurance covered testing, just not with them. Dr. Whitten was listed on my insurance company website as being covered, but his front office denied this.
N/A. We only did IUI with this clinic.
Reno

Their kind demeanor [Nevada Ctr for Repro Med] is a strength and I appreciated how much time DR. Whitten spent with me at my first appointment. Every other appointment since then has been pretty quick and I do feel slightly rushed....They’re all very kind and happy to help. I mostly meet with the PA....$250/ultrasound. $250 for IUI. $250 for sperm washing. About $1k per cycle for IUI, excl meds.
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Their kind demeanor is a strength and I appreciated how much time DR. Whitten spent with me at my first appointment. Every other appointment since then has been pretty quick and I do feel slightly rushed.
Long appointment time and kind demeanor. Willing to take time and answer questions
They’re all very kind and happy to help. I mostly meet with the PA.
I’ve only met him once, and he was very kind. I was told by my OB to go on Lupron, but Dr. Whitten understood my hesitations and recommended another course of action that felt more appropritate for me. His explanations all seem logical and not rushed at all. The only negative thing I would say is that it would be nice if he popped in for procedures as those have only been done by the PA.
Write your questions down and take advantage of the time there. Ask how involved he is in the process and be aware of all the options available.
Ultrasound by day 5 of cycle to check lining. Days 3-9 is Femara. Day 10-12ish I take ovulation test at home and then around day 12 or 13 is another ultrasound to check follicles. If follicles are proper size I receive HCG trigger and come back following day for IUI procedure. After that it’s progesterone suppositories until HCG blood test. Rinse and repeat for up to 4 cycles and then we would potentially discuss other options.

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
The nursing staff [Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine] is in incredibly compassionate and tactful with your treatment. They explain everything thoroughly, answer questions and return any correspondence professionally and promptly.... People from all over the world come to this clinic and for good reason. I would be one of those people and am grateful they are so close. I have no hesitation about going back if needed or recommending them whole heartedly.
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Whitten and his staff were incredible throughout the entire process. He explained step by step what was happening, allowed us to consider all of our options, was aggressive enough to move forward with our treatment and listened to us when we were ready to move forward. Never once were we a person on a paper. He truly cared for our outcome as much as we did.
The nursing staff is in incredibly compassionate and tactful with your treatment. They explain everything thoroughly, answer questions and return any correspondence professionally and promptly.
Dr. Whitten has a manner that makes him completely trusted, he is knowledgable, kind and listens. I know several people that have gone to see him and every one of them speak nothing but praises of his. Many of these people ended up lregnant after he treated them. This is either the best or worst day for his patients and I felt every time that I was in his office tha everything possible was being done for my family.
Trust him and talk with him. He is on your side and wants you to be successful.
The medications and timed intercourse was around $500 a month and an IUI cycle was around $1100 a month at the time of my treatments.

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
About $3,000.00 for three cycles of timed inter course with ultrasounds, medication and copays. IVF will be approximately $20,000-$25,000...This clinic is the only one in town so there are no other close local options. It is clean and everything is done in house which is convenient. The staff is overall great and make an effort to get you in for your appointments...They [nurses] are kind, but seem like they are sick of dealing with emotional couples.
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I broke down in his office after our 3rd failed attempt and he suggested I see a therapist because she’s better at dealing with how I’m feeling.
They are kind, but seem like they are sick of dealing with emotional couples.
What specific things went wrong at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
He is very kind and seems like he genuinely wants to help, however we’re still not pregnant so I feel like our options are getting smaller and smaller. When I asked about moving to IVF it seemed like it didn’t matter to him either way whether we perused any further treatments.
Don’t have such high expectations. Start saving yesterday for IVF.
He suggested times intercourse with a low dose of Femara. No pregnancy resulted. He said that we should do 4 cycles of IUI before trying IVF but neglected to say the success rates of IUI. We instead asked about IVF and decided to skip any IUI cycles. We can not afford IVF.
About $3,000.00 for three cycles of timed inter course with ultrasounds, medication and copays. IVF will be approximately $20,000-$25,000. No insurance coverage.
I prefer multiple transfer because I don’t want to have to go through any more fertility issues. So the possibility of multiples is welcomed greatly, but he does not like to do more than one embryo at a time.

Male Factor, Other
If you have to go the IVF route [at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine], make an appointment with the financial aid person the same day so you get all the correct information...[nurses are] Very nice, polite and understanding...Each IUI cost approximately $1300. They quoted us approximately $20,000-25,000 for one IVF cycle...They are professional, accommodating, on time and informative. They seem to really care about their patients. They could explain procedures better especially IVF so patients can make an informed decision.
Male Factor, Other
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone is very friendly and seems to care. I felt as if Dr. Foulk rushed through telling us our diagnosis, but followed up when we reached out with questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Henderson )
Very nice, polite and understanding.
He is very kind. I wish he would slow down and explain things a bit better at times. When we talked to him about IVF, it was confusing and he could have taken more time. Also, his quote was extremely off from the financial aid person.
If you have to go the IVF route, make an appointment with the financial aid person the same day so you get all the correct information.
So far, we have completed 3 IUIs with clomid (I believe 100 mg for 5 days) and an HSG trigger shot. All were ineffective. The clomid gave me headaches and made me emotional.
Reno

Everyone [at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine] is very supportive. Appointments are always on time. Questions are constantly answered at any time. Each member truly cares about your journey and shows compassion towards it. You can request a meeting with Dr. Whitten at any time and have full control of what happens to your body...Tonya [nurse] was the most compassionate person I have ever met. She made us feel like we were important every time.
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone is very supportive. Appointments are always on time. Questions are constantly answered at any time. Each member truly cares about your journey and shows compassion towards it. You can request a meeting with Dr. Whitten at any time and have full control of what happens to your body.
Dr. Whitten carefully went over everything that was going to happen to ME. He always reminded us that WE were the most important part in the equation.
Tonya was the most compassionate person I have ever met. She made us feel like we were important every time.
What specific things went wrong at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Scott Whitten is a very knowledgeable man. He explained everything in detail and made us feel at ease even during the most difficult time. When we met with him to discuss the next step, he took us through every cycle and showed us all of the improvement we had made.
Ask a lot of questions because he has a lot of answeres.
First cycle- Femara 50mg, trigger shot, timed intercourse. Second cycle-Femara 100mg, timed intercourse. Third cycle-Femara 100mg, timed intercourse Fourth cycle- Femara 100mg, iui Fifth cycle- Femara 100mg, 2 gonal f injections, iui Sixth cycle- Femara 100 mg, 3 gonal f injections, iui Seventh cycle, Femara 100mg, 5 gonal f injections, iui
10k

Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Whitten really listens when I speak. He took the time to get to know my husband and I and I always felt like he cared about our feelings and making sure we achieved the best outcome....My nursing coordinator [ at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine] was thorough, easy to get ahold of and very responsive. She was efficient but caring and compassionate.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is nice, clean and feels new. The Waiting room is very comfortable and the exam rooms, while small are stocked with nice, new, equipment.
My nursing coordinator was thorough, easy to get ahold of and very responsive. She was efficient but caring and compassionate.
Dr. Whitten was kind, compassionate and inderstanding. I always felt understood and felt like he was doing everything in his power to help us achieve pregnancy.
I used a lupron suppression protocol with Gonal F and Menopur and an HCG trigger and ICSI due to my endometriosis. I ended up developing OHSS so we had to do a freeze all with a transfer during my next cycle.
The cost of treatment was reasonable, less than my first clinic. As part of the IVF package, all visits but OB ultrasounds were included in the cost of treatment.

2008 - 2017
PCOS, Unexplained
[The nurses at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine were] Always smiling and kind. Even when having issues they were so caring and supportive...IUI with clomid IVF with injections FET with injections...[Dr. Russell Foulk was] Very caring and honest. Changed the course of action based on what was needed or requested. Always spoke to us genuinely and as a family memeber. Inquired about child born from previous cycle and loved to hear updates
2008 - 2017
PCOS, Unexplained
I was talked to in a way I could understand but didn't feel stupid. My concerns were addressed with care
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Michelle )
Have a support system
IUI with clomid IVF with injections FET with injections
Over $40,000

2 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Everyone [Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine] was always warm, welcoming, and encouraging. I never felt rushed or disregarded....I do have to say that the nurse liaison for egg retrieval was MUCH more involved than the nurse liaison post-transfer; she was slow to respond and offered very little information without being bugged.... We spent about $17k on our IVF egg retrieval, ICSI, and first FET.
2 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
One of the best! Just avoid Dr. Foulk if bedside manner is important to you— you will not get it from him. I do have to say that the nurse liaison for egg retrieval was MUCH more involved than the nurse liaison post-transfer; she was slow to respond and offered very little information without being bugged.
Dr. Whitten was communicative and patient, humorous and gentle and honest. I never felt like a number to him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jo)
Everyone was always warm, welcoming, and encouraging. I never felt rushed or disregarded.
What specific things went wrong at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
I always felt welcome and valid. I never felt he was impatient with our questions; he always took the time to think and answer clearly. I felt he was always making the best decision based on the situation.
Give him a chance! He doesn’t flash as many awards as Dr. Foulk but I personally found his bedside manner invaluable during treatment. He even hosted and showed up for a monthly infertility support group locally— it was amazingly to see him coming to his patients on his own time, making sure they had a resource for processing the struggle of infertility treatment emotionally! Just above and beyond human compassion.
We did a standard ICSI FET supported by PIO and progesterone pessaries, that resulted in a pregnancy that unfortunately didn’t last. He recommended an anti-inflammatory protocol for me for the next transfer based on the fact that we implanted but the embryo didn’t make it.
We spent about $17k on our IVF egg retrieval, ICSI, and first FET. We spelt $2k per IUI before that (x2).
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
If you want caring nurses and doctor go see them [NV Center for Reproductive Med]. They listen to all your concerns and fears. May not be the news you want but they are very compassionate. We looked at tons of donors and were just so patient. Highly recommend.... The nurses are great. Get back to me so quickly. Answered all my questions even if I emailed a million tones a day. Always happy when we go to the office. Made us feel comfortable
South Asian, Black or African-American
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
If you want caring nurses and doctor go see them. They listen to all your concerns and fears. May not be the news you want but they are very compassionate. We looked at tons of donors and were just so patient. Highly recommend.
He’s awesome explained everything to my husband and I. Answered all questions
I love him. Seems he genuinely cares. Had some y questions and sat and explained everything so we could understand the whole processes. We think the universe lines up for us to connect with him. Super happy we chose him as our doctor.
Ask as many questions as you want. Email often if need be.

3 IUI, IVF
The clinic [Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine] is really nice, the staff are incredibly friendly and make you feel like family. From the first phone call to all of our appointments, I love the NCRM staff. They definitely know you by name and go to great lengths to provide exceptional care.... He’s [Dr. Russell Foulk] kind, caring, compassionate, and an expert in the RE field. He’s taken great care of us! He outlined all our factors and then each step in our protocol. No surprises. Can’t say enough great things about Dr. Foulk!
3 IUI, IVF
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is really nice, the staff are incredibly friendly and make you feel like family. From the first phone call to all of our appointments, I love the NCRM staff. They definitely know you by name and go to great lengths to provide exceptional care.
He’s kind, caring, compassionate, and an expert in the RE field. He’s taken great care of us! He outlined all our factors and then each step in our protocol. No surprises. Can’t say enough great things about Dr. Foulk!
Trust his advice - you’re in the best care!