Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
645 Sierra Rose Drive
Reno, NV 89511
775-828-1200
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
2 doctors
Anovulation, Other, Unexplained
I think they [Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine] were great. They helped answer any questions promptly, they were really prompt with anything. If I called and left a message I knew I'd get a call back within 30 minutes. Everyone was so friendly from the moment I walked in, until I left. I don't know off the top of my head a weakness... They were amazing! While I saw Jonna (the PA) every time I had an appointment I got familiar with the nurses, and they are just incredibly. I cannot say enough good things about them.
European, Other
Anovulation, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I think they were great. They helped answer any questions promptly, they were really prompt with anything. If I called and left a message I knew I'd get a call back within 30 minutes. Everyone was so friendly from the moment I walked in, until I left. I don't know off the top of my head a weakness
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Russell Foulk at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
I haven't had a lot of communication directly with Dr. Faulk, because he does also work in Utah. So there isn't a strong relationship, but I do think he truly cares and wants the very best for his patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jonna Collins)
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
I liked that he was very honest with me about my fertility. He haven't given me false hope. I feel that he has great bedside manner and genuinely cares for his patients. The only con I can really say is I rarely see him. So I wish I saw him more. I think I personally saw him 3 times of my 12 months of treatment. I'm not even really sure what my embryo quality was, which may possibly be my own fault, for not contacting him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Russell Foulk at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
To go in with an open mind and to keep your faith. Trust your doctor, ask questions, but trust his judgement.
Describe the protocols Russell Foulk used in your cycles at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
My first 6 cycles were with Clomid, the first cycle I had way too many follicles, so we had to adjust. After adjusting I had 2-3 each time. After 6 cycles he changed me to Femara, which also worked well for me. Unfortunatletly that didn't work either. So we moved to IUI with Femara. He made it clear that my chances would drastically decline after 3 IUI', and after that IVF would be our best bet. He thouroughly went through IVf with me, and we didn't get the results we hoped for, but I don't blame that on him.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Russell Foulk at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
In 13 months total, including 7 times cycles, 3 IUI's and 1 IVF cycle, we have spent about 25K. 13k of that was from IVF.
Describe Russell Foulk's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I only have one embryo, so that's all we talked about
Reno
The doctor is fantastic but the rest of the professionals [Nevada Ctr for Repro Med] are so-so. They seem competent so I don't have any issues with them treating me, but I feel like I have to stay totally on top of my treatment to get all the information that I need. There have been a couple of surprises.... A few hiccups have occurred, mostly minor annoyances that I was able to correct on my own. The nurse forgot to call in a prescription which resulted in me having to wait an extra 30 minutes.
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The doctor is fantastic but the rest of the professionals are so-so. They seem competent so I don't have any issues with them treating me, but I feel like I have to stay totally on top of my treatment to get all the information that I need. There have been a couple of surprises.
Dr Foulk has been very upfront about my options and takes all the time I need to answer my questions. I feel very comfortable with him. However, his professional staff always seem a bit in a rush to get the procedures done and on to the next patient.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kellie Kopp)
All the nurses are pleasant, but I felt very neutral about them. They were polite but didn't seem interested in me. All my appointments seemed rushed and important results were not communicated to me. I didn't feel like I could get answers for some of my follow up questions without seeing the doctor again.
What specific things went wrong at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Foulk is clearly very knowledgeable about his field and seems to be a successful business man. He has taken the time to answer my questions and is very transparent when asking. However, at my last visit when discussing the IVF procedure it seemed like I had an understanding of where we were going. Later, I received a price sheet from the financial counselor that had all these extra things that we did not discuss. Sometimes, I feel like I am not given the full picture and without all the information I am not equipped to ask all the questions that I need answers.
Do a lot of research on your own to prepare yourself.
The doctor suggested that I try three medicated cycles with IUI even despite being at an advanced maternal age. He was upfront that the procedure had low odds of 2-4% chance of a live birth per cycle. When asked if I should move onto IVF instead, he responded that my AMH was high for my age and thus I was in no rush. He suggested that even though the success rate was low, the possibility of not doing IVF made trying it worth it.
Clomid with IUI $1248 with medications IVF with egg freezing and PGS biopsy (no transfer) $13100 without medications or PGS testing
Dr Foulk didn't seem to have a strong preference of single vs multiple embryo transfer. I did not seem like he would advise for more than two at one time.
Reno
[Nurses at NV Center for Repro Med] Friendly, knowledgeable but can rush though explanations so for me it was hard to understand certain things the first time...[Clinic i] Well organized, clean and welcoming. It's can feel like you are being rushed through sometimes especially for ultrasounds. The appointment takes minutes but costs $250 min. For me it is a bit excessive and too expensive. Ithe can feel very much like a business and have a sreamlined protocol where they care more about the money rather than coming up with an individual plan catered to my needs.
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Scott Whitten at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Th communication between the Dr and the PA was a bit broken. The PA always assumed that I knew what was happening and rushed me through the appointment. The process and explanation why certain this HD to happen wasn't clear and when I did ask a question it felt like I was a burden.
How was your experience with Scott Whitten at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
When I first went to see Dr Whitten he set a plan in motion right away and we were able to do an IUI the first month we saw him. He had good bedside manner and was caring but also didn't sugar coat anything.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Scott Whitten at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Whitten will spend a good amount of time on your first visit. This would be a great time to ask all your questions because other appointments feel a little rushed.
Describe the protocols Scott Whitten used in your cycles at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I have unexplined fertility so all test results came back normal. He suggested IUI because if I had hostile cervical mucus and IUI would bypass the cervix. I was ovulating on my own but he had me taking clomid and then femara to help produce a big enough folicle. Once I had a big enough folicle I was given and HCG shot to force ovulation and then did the IUI the next day. After the IUI I took progesterone suppository until I got a negative pregnancy test the day my period should start in case I didn't produce enough progesterone on my own. All though out my cycle the would do an ultrasound of my ovaries to see the progress of the foliclesame and to make sure I didn't have any cysts from the medication. Theven Dr won't give you a prescription unlessential you are being monitored with the frequent ultrasounds.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Whitten at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
First visit with ultrasound:$265 Ultrasounds (up to 4 a cycle) $250 IUI :$250 Sperms washing: $250 My typical per cyle cost was around $1200
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
The staff [at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine] was very nice and listened to our concerns and questions. The only thing we didn't like was when you called you always had to leave a message and they'd call you back...They [nurses] all cared. They were nice and helpful in any questions I had about the meds and when to take them... It cost $250.00 for an ultrasound of my tubes and uterus to find eggs after I took Clomid and then $500.00 for each iui.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The staff was very nice and listened to our concerns and questions. The only thing we didn't like was when you called you always had to leave a message and they'd call you back. They did have one lady who had an accent and she was hard to understand.
They were really nice there and caring nurses and doctors. They always said hi and asked how we were.
They all cared. They were nice and helpful in any questions I had about the meds and when to take them.
He explained what he would do and the success rates, cost, and answered any questions we had. If I had a weird period he wanted me to tell him about it and he would find out why it was weird. He seemed to care about his patients. He seemed honest and everyone helped us with our journey to concieve but each iui failed. Our last iui my job was closing and we were going to be moved to a different job. I knew our hours would be less and I wouldn't be able to afford another one. When it didn't take Dr. Foulk wanted to do ivf but since I was barely working I didn't have the money and we were putting our iuis on a credit card. So we stopped there and haven't been able to afford ivf.
He's really nice. I liked his team.
Iui with Clomid. I had to take Clomid for 5 days right starting on day 3 or 4 of my cycle. Then they would insert my husband's washed sperm and give an hsg shot. I had to insert progesterone suppositories for 14 days . Starting the night the sperm was inserted.
We paid after each appointment when we checked out. My insurance didn't cover any of our luis so we put it all on a credit card. My insurance did cover a pap smear and the procedure to see if my tubes were blocked. It cost $250.00 for an ultrasound of my tubes and uterus to find eggs after I took Clomid and then $500.00 for each iui. Medication cost around $200.00. And they charged $15.00 to administer shot before iui. I had a pregnancy test at lab Corp 14 days after each iui that my insurance covered a little of. I think I paid around $50.00 for each test.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
The nursing staff [Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine] is in incredibly compassionate and tactful with your treatment. They explain everything thoroughly, answer questions and return any correspondence professionally and promptly.... People from all over the world come to this clinic and for good reason. I would be one of those people and am grateful they are so close. I have no hesitation about going back if needed or recommending them whole heartedly.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Whitten and his staff were incredible throughout the entire process. He explained step by step what was happening, allowed us to consider all of our options, was aggressive enough to move forward with our treatment and listened to us when we were ready to move forward. Never once were we a person on a paper. He truly cared for our outcome as much as we did.
The nursing staff is in incredibly compassionate and tactful with your treatment. They explain everything thoroughly, answer questions and return any correspondence professionally and promptly.
Dr. Whitten has a manner that makes him completely trusted, he is knowledgable, kind and listens. I know several people that have gone to see him and every one of them speak nothing but praises of his. Many of these people ended up lregnant after he treated them. This is either the best or worst day for his patients and I felt every time that I was in his office tha everything possible was being done for my family.
Trust him and talk with him. He is on your side and wants you to be successful.
The medications and timed intercourse was around $500 a month and an IUI cycle was around $1100 a month at the time of my treatments.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Whitten really listens when I speak. He took the time to get to know my husband and I and I always felt like he cared about our feelings and making sure we achieved the best outcome....My nursing coordinator [ at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine] was thorough, easy to get ahold of and very responsive. She was efficient but caring and compassionate.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is nice, clean and feels new. The Waiting room is very comfortable and the exam rooms, while small are stocked with nice, new, equipment.
My nursing coordinator was thorough, easy to get ahold of and very responsive. She was efficient but caring and compassionate.
Dr. Whitten was kind, compassionate and inderstanding. I always felt understood and felt like he was doing everything in his power to help us achieve pregnancy.
I used a lupron suppression protocol with Gonal F and Menopur and an HCG trigger and ICSI due to my endometriosis. I ended up developing OHSS so we had to do a freeze all with a transfer during my next cycle.
The cost of treatment was reasonable, less than my first clinic. As part of the IVF package, all visits but OB ultrasounds were included in the cost of treatment.
2008 - 2017
PCOS, Unexplained
[The nurses at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine were] Always smiling and kind. Even when having issues they were so caring and supportive...IUI with clomid IVF with injections FET with injections...[Dr. Russell Foulk was] Very caring and honest. Changed the course of action based on what was needed or requested. Always spoke to us genuinely and as a family memeber. Inquired about child born from previous cycle and loved to hear updates
2008 - 2017
PCOS, Unexplained
I was talked to in a way I could understand but didn't feel stupid. My concerns were addressed with care
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Michelle )
Have a support system
IUI with clomid IVF with injections FET with injections
Over $40,000
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
If you want caring nurses and doctor go see them [NV Center for Reproductive Med]. They listen to all your concerns and fears. May not be the news you want but they are very compassionate. We looked at tons of donors and were just so patient. Highly recommend.... The nurses are great. Get back to me so quickly. Answered all my questions even if I emailed a million tones a day. Always happy when we go to the office. Made us feel comfortable
South Asian, Black or African-American
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
If you want caring nurses and doctor go see them. They listen to all your concerns and fears. May not be the news you want but they are very compassionate. We looked at tons of donors and were just so patient. Highly recommend.
He’s awesome explained everything to my husband and I. Answered all questions
I love him. Seems he genuinely cares. Had some y questions and sat and explained everything so we could understand the whole processes. We think the universe lines up for us to connect with him. Super happy we chose him as our doctor.
Ask as many questions as you want. Email often if need be.