Genetic counseling: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
1760 E Pecos Rd
Gilbert, AZ 85295
480-351-8222
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend New Direction Fertility Centers to a friend?

1 doctor
2017 - 2019
They [staff at New Direction] always got me in and out as quickly as possible without sacrificing good communication in the process. Most of the communication outside of appointments is done online via Klara messenger. At times, I loved it because I can ask a question and get a clear answer in writing that I can refer back to. Other times, some questions are a lot to type and it would be easier to talk to an actual person. That's one small drawback, but most of the time I loved how quickly they respond on Klara. They are great about that and even Dr. Amols responds to questions after hours.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
There is definitely a long waiting list at times, but it is worth the wait. The clinic is efficient, I never waited long for scheduled appointments. They always got me in and out as quickly as possible without sacrificing good communication in the process. Most of the communication outside of appointments is done online via Klara messenger. At times, I loved it because I can ask a question and get a clear answer in writing that I can refer back to. Other times, some questions are a lot to type and it would be easier to talk to an actual person. That's one small drawback, but most of the time I loved how quickly they respond on Klara. They are great about that and even Dr. Amols responds to questions after hours.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols is attentive and extremely involved in the entire treatment process. I've seen other doctors who make you feel like a number or have their medical assistants doing everything and making all the decisions about treatments. That kind of clinic is frustrating because you don't want to be spending thousands of dollars to have an MA doing everything - that doesn't happen at New Direction. Dr. Amols knew us personally and remembered details of our situation/history every time he saw us. He was always prepared to make a plan that would work specifically for us. He never made me feel like just a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Maggie)
I loved my IVF coordinator Maggie. She was awesome, sweet and everyone who is assigned to her loves her.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols and his staff are exactly what you need when going through the difficult and often heartbreaking road of struggling to conceive. They were great at communication and cheering us on every step of the way. My IVF coordinator Maggie was so great. She recognized me in passing in the hall even when I didn't have appointments to see her - they made me feel like my specific case mattered to them and they were invested in achieving success with my treatments, too. Dr. Amols is extremely involved in the process - he's the best in the business in my opinion. The one drawback is how long the waiting list is sometimes for new patients, but honestly that's because they are so worth the wait. Initially, my new patient appointment was months away, but I called regularly asking about cancellations and ended up getting in much earlier. I've seen other doctors that had shorter wait times and it became obvious why theirs was shorter and New Direction is longer. My miracle baby boy is on the way because of Dr. Amols and his staff at New Direction - and to me, that was worth any small amount of time I spent waiting for my first appointment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Don't be scared away by the new patient waiting list. First, I promise it's worth the wait. Second, get the appointment on the calendar, but then call a couple times a week to ask about cancellations. So many people get in much earlier than initially scheduled because they are persistent about calling for earlier appointments that may have become available. That worked well for me!
Describe the protocols Mark Amols used in your cycles at New Direction Fertility Centers and their degree of success.
Initially, because of our situation, we first tried IUI. Doctor Amols was great about adjusting my medication protocol as needed depending on how I responded. Clomid didn't really work for me - we did injectables for all our IUI cycles. After multiple failed IUI's, we moved onto IVF at the doctor's recommendation. We knew it was the right next step. My stim protocol was Menopur and Gonal f, with Cetrotide halfway through the stim process to keep me from ovulating too soon. HCG trigger shot was 36 hours before egg retreival. We had a fantastic retrieval result of 23 eggs, 17 . mature and 15 fertilized. Out of those, 9 made it to freeze and after PGS testing we ended up with 6 frozen embryos. Transfer went very smoothly roughly six weeks later with PIO injections beginning five days before transfer and continuing until 12 weeks 1 day of pregnancy.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers.
When we did our IUIs, we didn't have fertility coverage through our insurance. Each IUI, including all ultrasound appointments and everything, was $750. This didn't include medications - with meds, each IUI cost around $900. When we did IVF, we had fertility coverage through our insurance so we only paid out of pocked for the PGS testing which wasn't included - this testing was $2800. If paid out of pocket, we were quoted $7,500 for an IVF cycle.
Describe Mark Amols's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Direction Fertility Centers.
Dr. Amols allowed us to choose between transferring one or transferring two embryos. We chose to transfer two.
Gilbert

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers.

They [the nurses at New Direction] have all been very tender and sweet to us. I cried in the waiting room because after this many years...it's just sad. They will bring me tissue and water. They are very quick to communicate answers to any questions I have had about procedures and billing and time frames...$200 for the initial visit (keep in mind we are cash paying). $99 for the semen analysis. $400 for the sonohsterography. $1800 for the polypectomy.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The clinic is a bit hard to locate as it is on the top story of an office facility in Gilbert, AZ. Other than that the inside is gorgeous and clean as new hospital! All details accounted for in the waiting rooms, including feminine products for after your procedure check ups in case you are on your cycle, comfortable seating, water, coffee, tea, soothing colors and music. The windows are very pleasant looking out at the mountain ranges. Lighting and decor are all coordinated well and are lovely.
Dr. Amols took well over an hour to meet with my husband and i as we have been unable to conceive for 9.75 years. Dr. Amols showed tenderness and compassion towards us along with an incredible amount of empathy since he and his wife struggled to conceive for 10 years. He shared his own personal testimony with us regarding infertility. He tediously drew out on paper and reviewed with us both my test results and my husbands. Dr. Amols explained how a semen- analysis worked and how numbers are calculated, he took the time to explain how they determined my egg quality based on the blood I gave, I cannot praise him enough for the work he has done with us up to this point. We are cash paying, there is no insurance coverage with our businesses for fertility and both Dr. Amols and his office staff have been sensitive to our yearning for children and the heavy burden of cost associated with infertility treatments. He said he would do this for free if he could figure out a way too! I nearly jumped off my seat and wrapped my arms around him!
They have all been very tender and sweet to us. I cried in the waiting room because after this many years...it's just sad. They will bring me tissue and water. They are very quick to communicate answers to any questions I have had about procedures and billing and time frames.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
As explained in my prior write up, Dr. Amols has definite strengths showing in the kindness, compassion, empathy, and communication quadrants. The only quadrant of characteristic I could say he may struggle with is jumping straight to IVF as the only option. I noticed he brought it up multiple times throughout our conversations with him, appearing to base his recommendations on my husbands very low sperm count. We were hoping to hear a few more details on options for increasing sperm count prior to moving straight into IVF. I know that Dr. Amols main focus is of course, helping couples conceive and produce live births, I trust he is passionate and determined in his quest to facilitate this, and I think he could have throttled that conversation back just a tad for us as we were are little overwhelmed by the thought of IVF for those reasons most people are... "how many embryos could I produce and will I be able to carry all my babies?, will this even work?, what is the true cost?, can we afford this realistically?, will we feel severe financial pain mingled with the joy of bringing a child into the world (nobody wants that)?" Other than that somewhat quick conclusion he gave us initially, all other accounts of first and subsequent meetings with Dr. Amols, having him discuss female and male infertility factors, what does the process look like and other items, have been excellent. I sure hope this helps!
Let him speak and ask you questions and you may find he answers yours along the way and do not withhold any personal questions or curiosities as he is an excellent communicator and will breakdown the information for you. Make sure you are on time and do not miss your appointments if at all possible as Dr. Amols is a popular and in demand doctor here and it may take time for a reschedule.
Well...Dr. Amols took my blood work from my gynecological office that was done for the pre-fertility treatment first appointment and said my eggs were literally perfect. He looked over the semen-analysis my husband had and said all the sperm looked great except that there are far too few of them! He ordered me to come in for a sonohysterography and had his NP take care of that, it revealed a polyp that he will be removing from my uterus in one week (May 2nd) and then I should be good to go for discussions on when to begin IVF treatment. We also had one more semen analysis done just to be sure the one he originally looked over wasnt what Dr. Amols called 'a bad day' and alas, the second SA resulted in low sperm count. Dr. Amols has suggested that this is a difficult obstacle to overcome through any other treatments and outside of IVF there are not may sound and empirically proven efforts, which was his rationale for suggesting IVF in the first place. He was sensitive to our financial situation and said we should not fuss over doing HSG tests if we are going to proceed with IVF as a response to the low sperm counts. He did a trans vaginal ultrasound and said other than the polyp, my uterus and ovaries are in excellent condition, showing us my follicles and all.
He has been open about this and said he promotes multiple embryo transfer if his patients are comfortable with it and check out as able to carry twins. His reasons were clear, if a couple has been waiting years to conceive and can have two live births at once, how much more delightful is that result. Of course he said, there are more details that are discussed in terms of ensuring the uterus can handle two babies as well as the woman's overall health assumed to be well enough for that.

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
The nursing staff [New Direction] communicates through a messaging app called Klara (HIPPA approved). They got back to you quick if you had any questions. A nurse did mix up our phone consult day, so we spoke with a nurse and then Dr Amols called us after hours....It takes about 3 months to get a consult, and about another 3 months to start protocol. They are a freeze all clinic.... IVF=$4,800 (Includes Down Regulation, Monitoring, Retrieval, 1 Frozen Transfer, 6 months storage)
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
It takes about 3 months to get a consult, and about another 3 months to start protocol. They are a freeze all clinic. They communicate mostly through a messaging app, which works well most of the time. Great doctor and staff! I like that he is the only doctor in the clinic.
Dr Amols is very personable, he gets to know you. Doesn’t seem in a hurry when you meet with him. Nurses are nice and friendly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers.
The nursing staff communicates through a messaging app called Klara (HIPPA approved). They got back to you quick if you had any questions. A nurse did mix up our phone consult day, so we spoke with a nurse and then Dr Amols called us after hours. Which was really nice of him. We were assigned a nurse coordinator for our transfer, she called and gave us all the info we needed and we could always reach her through the app. The nurses were nice and friendly when we did meet them in person.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
We were out of state patients so we did a phone consultation with Dr Amols. He was very knowledgeable and had looked at our previous records. He was honest with his judgment on the chances of IVF working. He stated how he can control the environment and things, but ultimately the outcome is up to God. Which I agreed and really liked how he said that. When we met him for treatments he was very nice and let us know what to expect. Joked with us (told me my left ovary was Arnold Schwarzenegger and my right one was Danny DeVito. We thought it was hilarious). He told us that his children were conceived with IVF also. Just a real down to earth guy.
He is booked out by about 3 months. But worth it.
I was on Menopur (75IU) and Gonal-F (250IU—&gt;225IU—&gt;200IU—&gt;150IU—&gt;100IU) for 9 days. Started Cetrotide/Ganirelix and Omnitrope on day 6 of stims for 4 days. Started Doxycycline on day 9 for 6 days. Egg retrieval was on day 11 of protocol. 31 eggs retrieved, 20 mature eggs, 13 fertilized using ICSI. 4 embryos frozen on day 5, 3 more embryos frozen on day 6. (They are a freeze all clinic). We transferred one embryo the next month. I took Estradiol, Doxycycline, and Progesterone in Oil (PIO). Had PIO for 5 days before transfer. Beta numbers: 217 and 716.9. Now I am 20 weeks pregnant :).
IVF=$4,800 (Includes Down Regulation, Monitoring, Retrieval, 1 Frozen Transfer, 6 months storage); Anesthesia=$300; ICSI=$500. Total: $5,600. Yearly Embryo Storage is $500, additional frozen transfers are $2,000.
We didn’t consult with Dr Amols on how many to transfer. We only wanted to transfer one. We knew the risks beforehand, so we didn’t ask about it.
Gilbert

The nurses who drew blood [at New Direction Fertility Centers] always had lots of difficulty find my veins. One visit I was poked three times. I had one other issue with a nurse who bluntly told me right before my IUI that it would not succeed because it was my first. All other nurses/staff were kind, competent, and I had positive experiences with...I requested my IUI be completed by Dr. Amols and I was scheduled with his nurse practitioner although the nurse stated it was with him when given the appointment.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
A nice perk is the refreshments offered in the lobby, I always grabbed a water to calm my nerves. It is a large clinic, beautiful office, and easy to navigate. Communication by a website app was difficult to adjust to at first but I found it to be convenient.
When we requested it (and paid for extra appointments) we got extra direct contact and guidance from doctor Amols. He has incredible bedside manner and his staff are all very nice. Always feel a little bit like a number with the document they have in hand at the front desk but overall satisfied with how I’ve been treated by everyone there.
The nurses who drew blood always had lots of difficulty find my veins. One visit I was poked three times. I had one other issue with a nurse who bluntly told me right before my IUI that it would not succeed because it was my first. All other nurses/staff were kind, competent, and I had positive experiences with.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols is very kind and explains things very clearly. He drew out diagrams for me and wrote down everything he was saying so I could take it home. I do wish that he would be easier to reach directly but I understand he is very busy. I have had no issues with him personally.
Make sure you come with a list of questions to ask and are thorough in asking for what you need so that you do not have more questions like me and have to schedule a 2nd consultation.
During the medicated cycles without any treatments I was given Femara and asked to come in for ultrasounds and then instructed when to have sex. We did not get pregnant with either cycle. During the IUI cycle, I was given Femara days 3 through 10, came in for ultrasounds, and instructed to inject Gonal F (75) every other day until the ultrasounds showed one large follicle on each ovary. We got a negative pregnancy test after the two week wait.
$750 cash pay for IUI. $200 initial appointment. $100 for follow up with Amols. Medication costs at an outside pharmacy we’re ~$300.
I did not have an embryo transfer.
Gilbert

The clinic [New Direction Fertility Centers] is very clean and quick when appointments are set. Everyone is very friendly. Klara is great but sometimes it’s hard to get in touch with the one person you need to. However they are quick to respond using the Klara app. If there is an important matter and it’s after hours Dr. A will respond to you.... I had a monitoring appointment in NM preparing for transfer and they did not call with results until I asked about them recieving them 3 days later.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The clinic is very clean and quick when appointments are set. Everyone is very friendly. Klara is great but sometimes it’s hard to get in touch with the one person you need to. However they are quick to respond using the Klara app. If there is an important matter and it’s after hours Dr. A will respond to you.
the Clinic is very quick to respond, before responding they make sure they speak with the doctor. When talking to Dr Amols he always went in knowing exactly who i was even though i was an out of state patient. He did all my monitoring appointments and will email me back even if it’s late if it’s an important matter.
She was very quick to respond. Sometimes it’s frustrating because the communication gets lost on the Klara app since so many different people respond to your questions.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
I was an out of state patient so I did my beginning stages where I live. When I went to New Direction for the first time I felt like I already knew Dr. A. He was very welcoming and asked how travel was and made sure everything was ok. He is very personable and makes you feel comfortable when in his care. He did every monitoring appointment while I was in his care in AZ. And was quick to communicate with any questions or medication changes needed.
I started BCP on cycle day and took it for 2 weeks. Dr. A had me on Menopur, Follistim, and Cetrotide before egg retrieval. He also had me start doxycycline before retrieval. We retrieved 34 eggs, 25 were mature and 20 fertilized. Day 5 and 6 report brought 9 blasts that we sent for PGS testing and came out with 6 normal embryos.
For my IVF cycle with PGS testing I paid 8,000.
I asked if I can transfer 2 embryos and he said he is ok with me transferring 2

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
If doing IVF at this clinic [New Direction Fertility], they "batch" the IVF patients to line up everyone for retrieval during the same week. ... The texting service is good because I can communicate privately while at work and not have to hide for a phone call, but it also lacks the human touch during this frustrating process and when you need to speak with a real live human. ... I would have been happy to wait until the end of the day for a call and not been made to feel inferior for requesting a phone call that took less than 10 minutes.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The clinic is new, clean and well maintained. Since they opened within the last 5 years, it has lots of state of the art equipment and resources. It is also one of the most low priced clinics for IUI or IVF in Arizona. Dr. Amols is a fantastic person and very good at his job. He truly tries to do it all and sometimes efficiency has it's limits. If doing IVF at this clinic, they "batch" the IVF patients to line up everyone for retrieval during the same week. Efficient but sometimes that may not work best for you as a patient. The texting service is good because I can communicate privately while at work and not have to hide for a phone call, but it also lacks the human touch during this frustrating process and when you need to speak with a real live human.
Dr. Amols is a kind and caring professional. He is a very hardworking doctor that tries to do it all. He will explain everything in detail if you would like and he is patient with your questions. He has great bedside manner and puts you at ease before a procedure.
The nurses that did the ultrasounds were great and professional. There were always 2-3 of them in the room though when getting an ultrasound and that often was weird to have an audience when having an ultrasound like that. I am not sure if they were constantly training or it was standard procedure to have an observer. Overall the staff was very helpful and would get back to me over Klara (text message service) fairly quickly. However it was never consistent who would reply back and sometimes it would be a different department or followed up by another nurse. Sometimes I really wasn't clear on who would be responding and sometimes the different department would reply. A bit confusing but I usually got my answers eventually. When I began trying to communicate with the IVF nurses (because we were ready to pursue that option), I really felt that I wasn't getting answers and became very frustrated. I requested a phone call several times to clarify a couple things and would always get a text message instead. That did really bother me that they spent more time texting me instead of a phone call as requested to clear up the questions that were not being understood via text.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Our initial consultation with Dr. Amols went very well, he thoroughly explained his thoughts on our situation and that testing was the next step. We went through all tests with good results until we did the SHG and a large fibroid was apparent. He performed the surgery to remove the fibroid a couple weeks later. He schedules his hospital surgeries late on Fridays if possible. He visited me before my surgery and the surgery went well. We next did x3 IUI's with him. He performed all the IUI's and he is great at not making it super awkward during the procedure because he is very professional and will talk about other things so you don't feel uncomfortable. He will adjust the medications and timing for each IUI. We did have a chemical pregnancy on the 3rd. I like that he looks at your fertility picture as a whole and is straightforward about what testing or procedures might be unnecessary or redundant.
Have patience and research what you are going into so you can have the most efficient conversation with him. He is short on time (because he does so much) but he will try to answer all your questions.
I had 3 IUI cycles with Femara and Gonal-f. He had a baseline amount that we started with and as we got closer to ovulation, he would increase the Gonal-f after the ultrasounds if needed. Every cycle started with 5 days of Femara and the IUI was always performed on my cycle Day 13 (which is normal for me). The 1st cycle didn't start Gonal-f 75iu until Day 5 or so, and then went every other day until Day 11 which was Trigger Day. The next 2 cycles were increased in Gonal-f dosages and started on Day 4. We did have a chemical pregnancy on the 3rd IUI. Since we did have a failed pregnancy on the 3rd try, he thought our chances were good and recommended we do a 4th IUI but I did not think it would be worth trying again and risk having another failed pregnancy. I felt our time efforts would be better spent going to IVF and a more aggressive treatment. Unfortunately, when you decide to do IVF at his clinic, you give a $500 deposit and you will have to wait 6-8 weeks for the next "batching" cycle to begin. So I really don't know if the 4th IUI was standard to recommend because we would have to wait anyway and we might as well try an IUI in the meantime. Or if he felt our situation would have really been successful with another IUI. I have since had an IVF cycle at another clinic and can confirm that we had very low results, in retrospect another IUI would probably have not been successful so I am glad we did not bother with a 4th.
Initial consultation $200, IUI w/o meds $750 (meds were $300-$500), IVF w/o meds $6200 with PGS testing. Baseline ultrasound $200 if you cancelled the IUI.
We did not have a transfer with Dr. Amols.

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
This clinic [New Direction Fertility Centers] is very small, so sometimes the wait can take awhile as it is only one doctor. Dr. Amols does make sure to spend time with all his patients though which is a great quality. He wants to make sure his patients understand every aspect of treatment. Everyone at the office is friendly, accept the ultrasound technician. She did not seem very friendly or outgoing at my last appointment.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
This clinic is very small, so sometimes the wait can take awhile as it is only one doctor. Dr. Amols does make sure to spend time with all his patients though which is a great quality. He wants to make sure his patients understand every aspect of treatment. Everyone at the office is friendly, accept the ultrasound technician. She did not seem very friendly or outgoing at my last appointment.
Dr. Amols has a very gentle bedside manner and he has always been very upfront and honest with me. Whether I just go in for blood work or an ultrasound, he always takes the time to say hi even if I don't have a consultation with him that day.
The nursing staff is great. They are very friendly and they are responsive when it comes to anything from needing results to needing medication refills.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols is very upfront and candid about the realities of any situation. He also has a gentle way of communicating, but at the same time making sure the patient understands fully what he said. Dr. Amols has a great bedside manner and is always gentle and courteous.
Be prepared for an honest assessment of your condition. Dr. Amols does not want to take money just for the sake of putting a patient through IVF if it won't work for them, but he is willing to work with you if you want to try.
For my treatment we used a birth control primed protocol and then did Femara cycle days 3-7 along with injectable meds. Unfortunately my ovaries did not respond and I did not produce any follicles and my cycle was cancelled.
I feel that Dr. Amols pricing is fairly competitive. I don't remember the exact cost of treatment, but he has some of the better pricing in the valley

1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
The cost for the egg retrieval and frozen embryo transfer [at New Direction Fertility Centers] was $5,000 plus another $5,000 for the meds leading up to egg retrieval and before and after the transfer. So around $10,000 total...We loved that we never waited very long in the waiting room. We loved the nurses and Dr. Amols and the friendliness and help they gave us. We didn’t have any problems or concerns with the clinic or the staff!
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Dr. Amols and his wife have personally gone through infertility, so he was very understanding and knew exactly what we were going through. We could tell he knew exactly what he was doing and explained things to us and made us feel at ease about the process we were about to experience. He is funny and friendly, and made you feel like an important patient, not a number. We loved working with him! He’s an amazing doctor and his success rates show just how good he is at what he does!
The nurses were friendly and knowledgeable. They were organized and I always knew what to expect and what was coming next. If I ever had questions they were quick to respond.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols is not only amazing at what he does, he personally does everything himself. We saw him at EVERY SINGLE VISIT. He did all the ultrasounds and procedures. He is friendly and funny, and makes you feel like you’re his friend, not just a patient. We had zero bad experiences with him. We trust him and love having him as a doctor!
Be open and honest with him, he is there to help you achieve your goals!
Dr. Amols only did frozen transfers when we were doing the IVF process, he had found that the success rate was higher with them. He really does his homework and knows the ins and outs of the IVF process. So we did all the meds leading up to egg retrieval, then did the frozen transfer a few months later. One thing we loved about his office was that he had us order our medications from a company in Europe which was a fraction of the cost compared to US companies. It saved us thousands of dollars. He really cared about helping us and trying to make it as affordable as he could. These protocols resulted in a successful pregnancy and we now have a beautiful 18 month old boy!
The cost for the egg retrieval and frozen embryo transfer was $5,000 plus another $5,000 for the meds leading up to egg retrieval and before and after the transfer. So around $10,000 total.
Dr. Amols would transfer two embryos but not more. He said he was not comfortable transferring more than that because those two still had a chance of splitting and he doesn’t want to put his patient at a higher risk with a multiple pregnancy. We were fine with that. And ended up getting one from the two they transferred.

IVF, Donor Eggs
Endometriosis, Other
New Direction is a place i would definitely go again for another transfer. they are always on top of everything and never miss a beat. they always reply to my messages when needed and very sympathetic as well. the only weakness is the waitlist is really long but definitely is worth it!... very affordable! was 4800 for the treatment and the meds cost were separate and i was paying out of pocket my insurance didnt cover the treatment and some of the meds
IVF, Donor Eggs
Endometriosis, Other
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
i felt like a human cause he is amazing and he goes above and beyond for me! and really does care about me! he is going out of his way for a certain treatment i need that will help me with my transfer!
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: nicole )
she is great! she is very helpful and answers all my questions as quick as she can! but all together the staff is great! all the nurses have been absolutely awesome!
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr Amols is truly amazing! when me and my donor and my husband first met him i knew he was the one that was my doctor and his bedside manner is amazing! he really did get to know us and definitely understood what i was going thru and i havent had my transfer yet because i have had problems with lining and fluid in my uterus and surgery and all of that since 2015 and he has been there for me every step of the way!
that he truly understands his patients and really cares and makes sure they are taken care of and that they will be in great hands with Dr Amols!
my first protocol i was on estrace pills and progesterone and the estrace pills is what caused my fluid and the progesterone did not dry it up so now we are on a different protocol were i am doing a prp treatment (taking my plasma putting it into my uterus to heal the uterus and get rid of the fluid and help with lining) and i will also be doing estrogen injections and patches and the progesterone injections as well and with this protocol i havent started yet as i will start november 1rst and my transfer is november 19th!
i have not had a transfer yet due to my issues but he will transfer only 1 embryo due to my condition that i have that is called turner syndrome.
Gilbert

With Dr Amols office [New Direction Fertility Centers] has the best pricing for all services I have come across this far there IUI package which includes ultrasounds blood work actual procedure is 750 you are financially responsible for meds which generally run me 400.00 a cycle Dr Amols had s discount with the specialty pharmacy which helps tremendously which cost!!!! What sold us was we were almost a100% sure we were going to have to do IVF and Dr Amols makes it an actual possibility!
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
New Direction fertility clinic is a great place in my opinion!!! It is very up to date with technology which I find amazing! The environment is very modern but not cold It is very inviting and clean!! There really isn’t any weakness that I can see as of now we really enjoy it when we have to go for appointments
New Direction is an awesome clinic we came from a clinic where we were just a number to actually having a Dr and facility that wanted to help us achieve our goal of being parents!!! They are great with communication and are truly there to help you!
In all honesty you don’t deal with them all to often Dr Amols is very hands on but in the few dealings I have had with them they have been great!! Great communication, they are well trained and treat you so well when you are with them
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
My husband and I absolutely adore Dr Amols we waited on his waiting list for almost a year not knowing what to expect but just had a feeling he would be the perfect fit for us!!! At our first appointment I knew we would have success! He is very educated and know exactly what he is doing!! Another huge thing that stood out to us was his compassion and his willingness to do whatever he could to help you achieve parenthood! He is very realistic in your options but never harsh to leave you feeling discouraged!! We are still undergoing treatment with him and have not had a bad experience yet! I love the fact hat he is very hands on and even though he sees so many new faces he still remembers you and your story without any prompting!
I would tell them to trust Dr Almos follow his lead he isn’t going to steer you in the wrong direction!
I’m not sure about treatment strategies but with our IUI s we have don’t femera from CD3-7 and Dr almos added Gonal F 75units on CD4,6,8 adjusting any additional injections with how well I was responding via ultrasound.
With Dr Amols office has the best pricing for all services I have come across this far there IUI package which includes ultrasounds blood work actual procedure is 750 you are financially responsible for meds which generally run me 400.00 a cycle Dr Amols had s discount with the specialty pharmacy which helps tremendously which cost!!!! What sold us was we were almost a100% sure we were going to have to do IVF and Dr Amols makes it an actual possibility!
Gilbert

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Other
The only weakness [for New Directions] is that they now have a 9 month waiting list to get in for new patients... The clinic is the most cost efficient in the area. The costs are posted on the website and they pride themselves in transparency an no hidden costs! Financial counseling is required prior to IVF treatments.... Sometimes the nurses were rushed but you see Amols on every visit so he always made up for it
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The clinic is very organized; compassionate; and cost effective. From my own experience, observations, and research they produce the best results and offer the best care. The only weakness is that they now have a 9 month waiting list to get in for new patients
Dr. Amols always takes the time to meet with you and explain various procedures and options. He does this with such compassion and grace, that I cannot imagine going through all that we have with out him. Following a devastating 2nd trimester loss and walking into his office again he intercepted my husband and I as the RN was taking us to a consult room and sat us in his office to offer his condolences and ensure we were okay emotionally. His humanity never ceases to amaze me and he truly cares about each and every one of his patients' well-being!
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols is the most compassionate and comprehensive doctor you could ever have. He treats patients on an individual basis and adjusts their course of treatment as new obstacles or changes arise; rather than giving a one treatment fits all protocol. His bedside manner far exceeds any other provider I have every met and his compassion, and understanding of your journey truly makes you feel cared for.
Expect to hit the pavement running because he won't stop until you have your family.
1st IUI: closed; switched to femara when I didn't respond like he had hoped. Negative pregnancy. 2nd IUI: femara + gonal F+ trigger resulted in chemical pregnancy 3rd IUI: femara + gonal F ( increased dose) and trigger- resulted in pregnancy ( 2nd trimester loss due to congenital defect) 1st IVF: menopur 75; gonal 300, cetrotide; pregynl trigger- stimmed 11 days ( extra day to allow more eggs to mature)
Amols only does FET- he is not opposed to doing 2 embryo transfer

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Other
The wait to get an initial consult is the hardest part. The price of services is fair and they [New Direction Fertility] do a good job of going over everything with you, making sure you have a consult with the billing dept before starting. The office uses Klara which makes communication with anyone in the office relatively easy. I find it easier than trying to call.... We had to have $6300 before starting our cycle but that also included the fee from our clinic for PGS testing (
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The wait to get an initial consult is the hardest part. The price of services is fair and they do a good job of going over everything with you, making sure you have a consult with the billing dept before starting. The office uses Klara which makes communication with anyone in the office relatively easy. I find it easier than trying to call.
Dr. Amols spent a good amount of time with us and answered every question. We never felt rushed or like he needed to get to the next patient.
Maggie has been helpful with coordinating our cycle. I'm not sure if I was just so overwhelmed with a lot of info on our first consult or if she wasn't as detailed but I did have a lot of follow up questions that I didn't feel were answered on the first visit. But the office uses Klara which makes it easy to communicate with her and she responds quickly.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols is so compassionate and caring. His bedside manner is amazing. I believe he really has a heart for this profession since he has gone through the process himself. I was impressed that he personally does so many aspects of the care, including ultrasounds, and checks up with us every time we are in the office.
Be patient. He is very popular so his wait list is long, but I promise it is worth it! I waited 7 months for my appointment but I am so glad I didn't waste time going to another clinic because I am confident in Dr. Amols and that he will get us pregnant.
I have many issues and my husband has male factor as well. So we are a challenging case. We decided on IVF immediately so that we don't waste time and money on IUI with a much lower chance of getting pregnant. He also told me I would be on the Microdose Lupron protocol which is supposed to be the more agressive protocol. I have not yet finished so I will update when I can.
The costs are fairly reasonable. We had to have $6300 before starting our cycle but that also included the fee from our clinic for PGS testing (if you don't do the testing, its $1200 less). They have you put down a $500 deposit to hold your spot on the cycle calendar. These are cash pay costs because my insurance only covers diagnositics. I haven't received any other bills yet but they may still come.
I haven't made it to transfer yet, will update when I get there

2014 - 2018
2 IUI, 4 IVF, Surrogacy
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
[New Direction is] Very affordable. $4800 for an Ivf cycle. When I went through multiple cycles he even discounted things more for me at times. It’s not about the money for him. He truly wanted me to go home with a baby and tried making things easier on me when he could. Going through multiple rounds and meds was taxing on my husband and I and he took that into consideration. He even brought meds to my husband and I at our home when he wanted me to start an Ivf cycle last minute because he thought I had a lot of eggs.
2014 - 2018
2 IUI, 4 IVF, Surrogacy
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
They are getting busy and Dr Amols just hired a nurse practitioner to help him with visits. He had been doing everything by himself up to this point and I know he was running ragged. He has a strict vision and wants who ever that comes on this his practice to share in it and not want to change it. I am happy that he finally found someone to help him out because he needed it! But I also trust his choice because he wouldn’t just hire anyone to help him. So I would say, don’t be discouraged if your wait is long to get a consult or you have to see the nurse practitioner on subsequent visits during treatment. You will be in wonderful hands.
He is sincere, and spent adequate time with me. Anytime I had a problem or thought I was losing the baby he got me in, no questions asked. Knowing my history, he never doubted me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Juanita)
They all become like family. Rooting you on, they are in your corner. Sad when you are sad, and happy when things go well. They answer questions thoroughly and get back to you in a timely manner. I never felt alone with them.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr Amols had to go through IVf himself to have his family. He understands what his patients are going through. His mission is to help create families at an affordable cost and doesn’t price gauge. His cost is considerably lower than any clinics in the US. He is compassionate, sincere, kind, and truly wants his patients to have a positive outcome. He is a blessing!!
Be patient while getting in to see him. His practice has grown and the wait time is longer now. But he is well worth the wait in every way imaginable.
It’s hard to remember every single procol. It was an emotional time for me. I was a robot going through the motions. The last retrieval I had, he adjusted the protocol even more and we ended up with 21 eggs retrieved. Before it was just 11 or so. It resulted on 6 embryos, 3 which were genetically normal. He tweaked the protocol until we had a great result.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at New Direction Fertility Centers.
Well oiled efficient machine. I never waited long to be called back. My visits were always with dr Amols and he was also very pleasant. My husband and Dr Amols’s got to know each other very well during this time.
Very affordable. $4800 for an Ivf cycle. When I went through multiple cycles he even discounted things more for me at times. It’s not about the money for him. He truly wanted me to go home with a baby and tried making things easier on me when he could. Going through multiple rounds and meds was taxing on my husband and I and he took that into consideration. He even brought meds to my husband and I at our home when he wanted me to start an Ivf cycle last minute because he thought I had a lot of eggs. He is amazing.
He will not transfer more than two embryos at a time. I’m very rare select cases he said he would do three but that it was very uncommon for him. I believe in his methods. We transferred 2 each time to myself and got pregnant with 1 baby each time, except my last pregnant. That was twins but we lost them too. We moved on to surrogacy and he recommended just one for her, and we agreed and requested him. Our surrogate is healthy and had precious pregnancies so there was no need for two. We didn’t want to complicate matters. And our surrogate iscurrently 30 weeks pregnant with our baby boy. Such a miracle after RPL.
Gilbert

Communication at the clinic [New Direction] is done via an app. I was inquiring about steps prior to our IVF cycle and was given conflicting information about two tests that were necessary prior to the cycle start date. It was cleared up in time to not mess anything up. Basically I was told that my lap covered the SHG prior to the cycle start and it did not. I still needed the SHG. We were also told semen analysis results from 11/2017 would suffice for our 7/2018 cycle, but then determined we required another semen analysis. It all worked out because I followed up about every step that we were to take prior to the cycle start.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The clinic is gorgeous. Dr.A just hired a nurse practitioner who should help him out a lot! Hopefully freeing him up a bit more. As I mentioned prior, communication can be frustrating at this clinic, but you need to advocate for yourself and be on top of it. The communication is improving. I feel lucky to be a patient at this clinic!
Dr.A always remembered me and where I was in my treatment. Out of all his patients - he has a FULL clinic - he would remember when my next appointment was, without looking at a chart.
The nursing staff is very sweet. If I asked for something, I would usually follow up about it because it didn’t always get done if I just asked once. I learned that early in the process at the clinic and I haven’t had any major problems!
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr.A is honest and upfront but at the same time very warm. I appreciated that he didn’t hold information back when I asked and he took my treatment one step at a time, because anything can change at any time! He squeezed me into his schedule for a surgery that was necessary before we started our IVF cycle and for that, I’m truly grateful. Talking to Dr.A feels like you’re talking to a person and you feel as though you’re being heard.
Be thorough! Ask all the questions you want and don’t be afraid to advocate for yourself.
First step was lap surgery for endometriosis. Once that was healed, I had an SHG that found a polyp in my uterus. I started lupron and stims for about 11-12 days, followed by retrieval. We did PGS testing on our embryos. I then had a hysteroscopy to remove the polyp and we are now in the middle of an ERA cycle. Because we only have 3 PGS normal embryos, it was suggested if we wanted more than one child, to do the ERA. We are now waiting for the results and are scheduled for an 11/15 transfer!!! Finally!!!
Roughly 8K for our IVF cycle, that included PGS testing.
They sugggested I only transfer 1, but because I only had 3 total and we want more than one child. We listened to their suggestion.
Gilbert

They [nurses at New Direction Fertility Centers] always call me back to my appts on time. They are also very affordable. The only con is the clinic told me my insurance did not cover treatment and I assumed that included meds too. So I paid out of pocket for meds at first, then had to call back to get my money back. When I am spending this much money I wish they had been more clear to save me time. I am glad that I was on top of things.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Its very clean, modern and has a calming atmosphere. I like that you can see the embryo lab. They always call me back to my appts on time. They are also very affordable. The only con is the clinic told me my insurance did not cover treatment and I assumed that included meds too. So I paid out of pocket for meds at first, then had to call back to get my money back. When I am spending this much money I wish they had been more clear to save me time. I am glad that I was on top of things.
He was very kind and I felt like he did a good job of explaining things in detail at our consultation. But the communication I feel like is slightly lacking. I thought we would get to choose if we were using meds for our IUI or not and I told the nurses we wanted to start with no meds, but at my baseline scan for my IUI I was given a med schedule and very confused. I trusted him and rolled with it, but still dont understand why we had to go straight to a medicated IUI.
There are quite a few. I have only seen a couple of them more than once so far. Everyone is nice, but one gave me wierd vibes like she didnt know what she was doing. Dr A told me he wanted to draw blood after my cd 9 scan to make sure I wasnt ovulating on my own too early. I asked the nurse before I left if I still needed that and she said no so I left. Then was called 15 min later to come back and get my blood drawn. Other than that I feel like they explain things well as far as next steps etc.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
I like his bedside manner. He seems like a genuinely good person that wants to help us. It was reassuring to hear that he has kids from fertility treatments too, so he understands. I cannot believe how much time he spends working and that I see him at almost every visit. He is a very hard worker.
Make sure you are ready to ask questions at your first consultation. I didn't and even though I could message the nurses later, it would have been nice to ask him directly. Also, get on the wait list soon than later. I had a 6 month wait originally.
He had me on letrozole for 5 days (cd 3-7), gonal f cd 5/7/9, rescan on day 9, triggered that night then back 36 hrs later for IUI. I understood what the drugs did, but wasnt sure why he recommended that exact protocol for us. I think I was just so happy to finally get started I didnt care.
My first consult was $300 out of pocket. IUI was $750 for all scan, bloods and the procedure itself. My meds were $200 but were partially covered by insurance. My insurance also covered testing to diagnose infertility.

Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
The clinic [New Direction Fertility Centers] was easy to find and very welcoming...Everything is updated and clean...They have a retrevial coordinator and transfer coordinator who were both very helpful, but I did see several other nurses during blood draws and other appointments. For the most part all the staff is very friendly and competent.... I called in July and their next opening wasn't until November.
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The clinic was easy to find and very welcoming. I didn't love that I couldn't make a payment over the phone without being charged an extra fee for doing so, but I just ended up paying when I got to the clinic in person. Everything is updated and clean.
The staff was always quick to respond to any of my questions via text. I had Dr. Amols cell number and even though I only messaged him once, it was a comfort knowing he was available if I needed him. I also felt like Dr. Amols paid attention to my specific case and was very honest, but also kind with explaining my progress even when it wasn't what he had initially expected.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
He was very compassionate. He was honest with us from the first phone consult (we live out of state). He suggested we try a urologist before seeing him because he felt like that had a chance of fixing things. Ultimately, I was tired of waiting and tired of intervention and I had made my mind up to move forward with IVF at that point, but I liked that he was honest and wasn't just trying to make money. Every in person visit was comfortable and he always made me feel at ease. He explained the good and the bad and I always felt informed.
If you want him to be your doctor then sign up for a cycle now. I called in July and their next opening wasn't until November. This actually worked perfectly for us, but he's the only doc at his clinic and I believe he wants to provide exceptional care so he only takes on so many patients per cycle.
He thought I was going to be an over responder so initially my doses were on the lower side. I was on gonal-f, menupor, and then cetrotide. I ended up having to buy more meds towards the end of the cycle because I wasn't responding as we'd hoped. Thankfully, the pharmacy they use is in Scottsdale and I was able to get the extra meds the next day.
I paid the clinic a bit over 7000 for the cycle, including one transfer. Medication was probably close to 3000 maybe a little more, but I received some donated medication. I had to have monitoring appointments in my state which was close to another 3000. Finally, we paid 2000 to have our 5 embryos tested. If you are in state I believe the monitoring appointments leading up to the ivf cycle are included in the 7000, but it doesn't include preliminary testing such as HSG, saline sono etc. However, I had a saline sonohysterogram done with Dr. Amols for 300 because my state clinic wanted to charge me 1050..so it was cheaper to fly to az for the day.
I think they prefer a single embryo transfer unless there are very few eggs or other issues that might warrant transferring more. It was our choice if we wanted to transfer one or two and we elected one.

2 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Communication is a weakness. It's improved with a new app they [New Direction] use to text, but is still not at the level I've experienced at other clinics, where I feel more like a patient than a number. Financial communication REALLY needs some improvement. First of all, they quoted us $1200 for PGS, but failed to tell us that we'd also have to pay the lab $1800... I had a cycle delayed a month because they didn't tell me when I'd need to start medications for that cycle.
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Communication is a weakness. It's improved with a new app they use to text, but is still not at the level I've experienced at other clinics, where I feel more like a patient than a number. Financial communication REALLY needs some improvement. First of all, they quoted us $1200 for PGS, but failed to tell us that we'd also have to pay the lab $1800...we found this out when the lab called us for payment. Not a happy day. They have also been reluctant to answer questions about the cost of FET. On a better note, they do include most of their pricing online, I just wish it would be more comprehensive and up front.
Apparently Dr. Amols was very involved in care early on, but I think they've gotten very busy lately and I definitely felt like a number and like I was following a certain "recipe" that didn't apply to me individually.
You will rarely encounter a nurse after egg retrieval. I found this to be very disappointing. After retrieval, for transfers and all other questions, they go through his staff of Medical Assistants. I've always had a primary nurse at any other clinic I've been to, so this was very hard to get used to. There's a different knowledge/experience base.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols has a great bedside manner. I feel like he and his clinic have a successful system down for routine IVF patients, but don't handle "ouliers"...difficult IVF histories and older patients...well. If you don't fit their program, you're likely to fall through the cracks. Thankfully, his prices are much more fair out of pocket than most other clinics, but it adds up with failed cycles, cost of freezing, and extra transfers. Some places include this in their packages, so compare that as well. Also, they weren't up front about total PGS costs, which would have changed our decision, but we didn't know the total cost until it was too late.
Be your own advocate. You're paying them, don't be afraid to reach out and clarify things. Consider how routine your case seems to be, and consider your age.
My protocol with Dr. Amols used much lower doses of stims than previous cycles, and seemed to take forever to get to retrieval. I was on an agonist/antagonist cycle using lupron, menopur, follistim, and cetrotide. I was never really given a rationale for using this protocol, was just given the protocol.
Retrieval $4800 ICSI $500 PGS $3000 FET $2000 Storage $500/yr
Dr. Amols seems to have a bias for multiple embryo transfer, but is open to and fully explains eSET, and the risks/benefits of both.
Gilbert

His office [New Direction Fertility Centers] is clean, modern, and up to date. The techs can sometimes seem scattered or disorganized, but it has not negatively affected our care.... I didn't feel like I was rushed to get in and out of the office. I feel like they were genuinely interested in our experience rather than just administering medical treatment.... All said and done, our out of pocket costs will be about $10k. His costs were $4800 for IVF, $500 for ICSI, $300 for anesthesia, $1200 for embryo biopsy, PGS testing to the outside company was $2000, plus the cost of medications.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The phlebotomist was gentle and caring, moreso than others in my experience in other offices (they hurt!). Dr. Amols is approachable and available. His office is clean, modern, and up to date. The techs can sometimes seem scattered or disorganized, but it has not negatively affected our care. Our initial appointment was originally 6 months out, but we were able to quickly get in off of the cancellation list, which we were grateful for.
I didn't feel like I was rushed to get in and out of the office. I feel like they were genuinely interested in our experience rather than just administering medical treatment. Dr. Amols took the time to fully explain my results through the Klara texting treatment, even when I was unable to attend an appointment in person with my wife.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Maggie Francoeur )
Maggie is an excellent communicator, especially with my wife. Maggie also coordinates my sperm samples for cryotherapy, and is clear and encouraging.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols is very personable and remembers you immediately, even despite his huge patient load. When we had surprising results, he was candid in explaining our options. He has encouraged me to come in to freeze several sperm samples in order to increase our chances of success, and seems really invested in getting my wife and I pregnant.
Be prepared for the emotional toll of infertility. But Dr. Amols and his staff do a good job of easing that emotional blow.
Due to azoospermia and my sperm count being 3 sperm, Dr. Amols prescribed HCG injections three times weekly to help counteract the hormonal imbalance and potentially increase sperm production. He also prescribed ongoing sperm samples and cryotherapy to freeze any additional sperm found in each sample. We will be utilizing ICSI after our upcoming egg retrieval to increase chances of fertilization. He also referred me to a urologist to continue my care following IVF.
Dr. Amols only does frozen embryo transfers, and provides the option of transferring one or two embryos. He is clear with the success rates of each option.

3 IUI, 6 IVF, 6 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
This is a busy clinic [New Direction], but I never felt ignored or rushed....The location is right off the freeway and is easily accessible. Most communication is done electronically, which is easy and convenient....$4800 base price for one IVF cycle and one FET $500 for anesthesia billed separately $300 for ICSI if needed, billed separately $200 HSG...The nurse staff made some errors. I recommend all patients, no matter where they go, to pay attention, write things down, and double check.
3 IUI, 6 IVF, 6 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Again, this is a busy clinic. Call frequently to check availability for a consult if you're scheduling for the first time. Never be afraid to ask questions, especially during your appointments. The location is right off the freeway and is easily accessible. Most communication is done electronically, which is easy and convenient.
He always remembered me, my questions, answered everything thoroughly, and catered my protocol to what would work best for me.
This is a busy clinic, but I never felt ignored or rushed. The nurse staff made some errors. I recommend all patients, no matter where they go, to pay attention, write things down, and double check. Double check with the staff and never be afraid to ask questions or to call to double check something.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
This is a busy clinic, but I never felt ignored or rushed. Dr. Amols took his time with me. I was always able to schedule at convenient times. He is a compassionate, understanding doctor. And his fees are more reasonable compared to nearby clinics. I wold recommend him to anyone. You get to see Dr. Amols at every scan and procedure, so write down questions to ask if you have any because you'll get to see him every appointment.
Be your own advocate, ask questions, and double check things.
I did embryo banking due to low ovarian reserve. I did a frozen embryo transfer after the egg retrievals. I requested ICSI due to low number of eggs retrieved. I did PGS testing to make sure I transferred a normal embryo. I did an ERA because I wanted to make sure we transferred on the right day.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Clinic [New Direction] is new and beautiful, but so busy...I messaged clinic I started my period more than 1 time, communication is through text. The nurse overlooked this message and 3 day scan was not ordered... After scans if you have any questions Dr will set you up with nurse or Cordinator to discuss...Extremely busy clinic and Dr was always rushed to get to next patient...the Dr does all your scans which is nice but they are only 5-10 minute appointments so this is the only time I had to speak with Dr.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Clinic is new and beautiful, but so busy, the Dr does all your scans which is nice but they are only 5-10 minute appointments so this is the only time I had to speak with Dr. After scans if you have any questions Dr will set you up with nurse or Cordinator to discuss
Extremely busy clinic and Dr was always rushed to get to next patient, follow ups take too long to schedule
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Knowledgeable and compassionate but too busy, sometimes I felt like things the Dr told me he later contradicted himself. Like after first retrieval he told me he thought he achieved goal which was really great, 3rd cycle he wanted to change protocol and I asked why we aren't doing what we did first time, since he thought that was a good cycle, and response was it was an ok cycle.
Stay on top of things.
Microdose Lupron flare gonal menapur bcp prime. Batched cycle. Retrieved 7 eggs 2 were seperated from sac during retrieval, I was left in a lot of discomfort after retrieval, 4 fertilized 2 5 day embryos, PGs abnormal, Estrogen prime back to back cycle, gonal menapur, lead follicle only 3retrieved,2 mature 2 fertilized, too poor quality for testing or freezing 3rd cycle estrogen prime lead follicle cancelled day 7 of stim, I was monitored from out of state, Dr would not cancel sooner because he did not trust scan of monitoring Dr. Which also happened previous cycle. Later after I was told how horrible monitoring Dr was at measuring follicles at end of conversation I was told the scans weren't the problem, I was dealing with lead follicle issue.

28 Eggs Frozen
They see a lot of patients [at New Direction] but they are so on top of things. At most, I only had to wait 10 minutes after a scheduled appointment time to see the doctor. The clinic was clean, felt up to date tech-wise, and made me feel comfortable with my decision to seek treatment there... The only difficulty (if you can call it that) I had was how quickly the nurse who assisted me after my egg retrieval tried to get me up and out of the recovery room. I woke up super nauseous and in pain and they needed me to get rolling because they needed the room for another patient. I guess they typically get people up and out within 15 minutes, I think it may have taken me about 30. I did feel a little rushed to recover which wasn't super fun given how crappy I was feeling, but that was the only thing that was a little rough about my experience with the nursing staff.
28 Eggs Frozen
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
They see a lot of patients but they are so on top of things. At most, I only had to wait 10 minutes after a scheduled appointment time to see the doctor. The clinic was clean, felt up to date tech-wise, and made me feel comfortable with my decision to seek treatment there.
Dr. Amols and the nurses took the time to answer my questions quickly and were always very prompt in getting back to me with test results and medication protocols. They do see quite a few patients and sometimes things felt a little rushed during my time at the clinic, but Dr. Amols made sure to push me to get the most eggs possible and I appreciated this strategy very much.
The nurses were wonderful! They were quick to answer my questions and very helpful. The only difficulty (if you can call it that) I had was how quickly the nurse who assisted me after my egg retrieval tried to get me up and out of the recovery room. I woke up super nauseous and in pain and they needed me to get rolling because they needed the room for another patient. I guess they typically get people up and out within 15 minutes, I think it may have taken me about 30. I did feel a little rushed to recover which wasn't super fun given how crappy I was feeling, but that was the only thing that was a little rough about my experience with the nursing staff.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols was present at every monitoring appointment I had which made me feel confident that he was making sure I received the best treatment and protocol possible. He did answer all my questions, but there were times I wish I had a little more time for questions. He was always very upfront and realistic about what I could expect and made it clear he would push me to get the most eggs possible so that I had the best chance of having success when it comes time to use the eggs. He has great bedside manner and it's clear that he cares about his patients. He was able to retrieve 28 mature eggs (31 total but 3 were immature) and I was extremely happy with the outcome of treatment. I would definitely recommend him.
Make sure you have your questions written down so you are prepared to ask them as soon as he walks in the room. He sees a lot of patients, so you have to make the most of the time you have with him during appointments.
I was on one month of birth control prior to starting injections. I had my baseline ultrasound a couple days after ending birth control, then started microdose lupron injections (20 units AM and PM) the next day, continuing those until the night of my trigger shot. After 2 days of microdose lupron injections only, I started taking 75 units of Menopur in the morning and 300 units of Gonal-F in the evenings. I stimmed for 9 days on that protocol, then on the 10th day we continued microdose lupron AM and PM and 75 units of Menopur in the AM followed by 100 units of Gonal F PM because my follicles were borderline ready to go. The 11th day microdose lupron injections both AM and PM and trigger shot PM with retrieval 36 hours later.
So unbelievably affordable which made it possible for me to go through this process. $1000 for clinic fees, $300 for anesthesia, $300 per year for storage for up to 20 eggs ($100 for every 10 after).
Gilbert

I loved using the Klara app and being able to ask questions to the staff [New Direction] as questions arose. ... The nursing staff is incredible! They welcome everyone with a warm smile. They always kept me distracted when I gave blood, as they knew that was not my favorite thing. They explained anything and everything they did, and would often ask if I had any questions or if I needed anything. They answered questions immediately regardless of the time or day, and are incredibly well trained.
From the first appointment, Dr Amols treated us like family. He has fantastic bedside manners, answered all questions I thought of throughout the entire IVF process, as did his staff. I loved using the Klara app and being able to ask questions to the staff as questions arose. I truly felt like family through the entire process.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Because Dr Amols did fertility himself, I felt that he always understood our situation to the next level. He was incredibly understanding, because he had been through the same emotions and had the same experiences. He continually gave me hope at each appointment. I loved being his patient, and appreciated that he included both me and my husband equally with each step.
Don't be afraid to ask questions!! Dr Amols and his staff are always happy to answer any questions, and they truly made me feel like there was no such thing as a stupid question. If you think of something, no matter how small, don't hesitate to ask!!
We did IVF ICSI with PGS testing. We wanted to be sure to have the highest level of success from the beginning, and although Dr Amols was not pushy with what we decided, he was very supportive of our decision to do PGS testing. I was on birth control for a few months to manipulate my cycle before preparing for my egg retrieval. After that, I let my body heal for two months before doing my IVF transfer.
Dr Amols let it be up to us whether we did one or two embryos for the transfer, but he explained in great detail the risks of both. We decided to do one embryo because we only had two total embryos, and we know we will eventually do the second embryo. I am so glad Dr Amols explained to us our options in such detail, but ultimately let us decide.
Mark Amols

[Cost of Treatment] was originally the primary reason for moving to this clinic [New Direction] as they made this option affordable to me and gave me a chance I wouldn't have otherwise been able to afford elsewhere (side note, after meeting Dr. Amols I would have paid more b/c he is just THAT awesome!!!)... Appointments - easily made, 99.9% on time and if something came up that delayed an appointment they were very clear
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Appointments - easily made, 99.9% on time and if something came up that delayed an appointment they were very clear quickly about why Payment - Loved working with susan, she was so patient and kind and helped me understand all the charges and timing of payments etc. Weakness - software changed during my time there, it was hard when previous messages would disappear or getting access to them but I think they have likely ironed that process out now.
I LOVED that every appointment meant I would see Dr. Amols which was very different from my previous Clinic.
Maggie is an excellent extension of Dr. Amols - she was so helpful with all my questions especially coming from out of State. I felt very close with Maggie and even had her come in to my first retrieval with me until I was put to sleep b/c she calmed me so well.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols is one of a kind! He is passionate and personable and kind, while also being extremely knowledgeable about his line of work. I felt 100% cared for by him at all times and feel as though he went above and beyond to make certain I understood each step of my journey.
Don't hesitate one single moment!!! Go as fast as you can to his office and find yourself in the BEST care possible for this challenging situation!!
Given my age I knew we were going to be giving it all we had. I had the higher dosages but he was also open the second time around when I had some hesitation of taking the steroid again and he talked thru the pros/cons of why so I better understood why I was taking everything.
This was originally the primary reason for moving to this clinic as they made this option affordable to me and gave me a chance I wouldn't have otherwise been able to afford elsewhere (side note, after meeting Dr. Amols I would have paid more b/c he is just THAT awesome!!!)

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
Luckily, my insurance covered the vast majority of my treatment and when it didn't, Dr Amols [at New Direction] personally contacted my insurance to request assistance for me. Doing IUI and IVF, I paid a total of 3000. Not at once. They were extremely flexible about letting me pay in small increments when I was able to, im still paying using a flexible payment plan. The only time I had to make up front payments was for the IVF procedure itself down payment ($500) and PGS testing because a testing facililty takes care of that for them.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Dr Amols is the best Doctor I’ve ever had in my life and his staff follows suit. My husband and I can never express the gratitude we have for being given the gift of life, New Direction is the best in all aspects. I don't know of a weakness because I truly have zero complaints. They look at each situation individually and don't look at you like you are a credit card. Dr Amols and his staff honestly want to help you achieve your dream of becoming pregnant. I am tearing up just writing this because I wish I could tell everyone looking for a Fertility Specialist that there is no one better.
I felt like I was treated like a human because of Dr. Amols direct communication with me as well as explanations and making me feel comfortable as an individual throughout my journey specifically created for my Husband and I.
Every member of the nursing staff I encountered had wonderful bedside manner.. They were gentle, understanding, and informative. They all remembered me, never questioned my name because they know each patient as an individual.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Becoming a patient of Dr Amols was the best decision I ever made. He created a miracle for me and my family. He is everything you would want in a Doctor from bed side manner to taking everything his practice does personally and with care.
We tried everything before Dr Amols, we tried to get pregnant for 4 years and were able to conceive from our first IVF. You are making the right choice by going to New Direction.
Dr Amols charges less than any Fertility Center out there because he is ALWAYS working. He first suggested IUI because my husbands sperm count was right on the brink of doing IUI/IVF so he suggested IUI in attempt to save us a little bit of money, I was taking Clomid up to the IUI procedure. When that was unsuccessful, I asked Dr Amols about IVF and he explained in DETAIL what it would entail. Many shots, many appointments, lots of preparing. Dr Amols was ALWAYS there, even if my cycle fell on a holiday. He was almost certain we would get pregnant on our first try with his diligence and he was correct. Dr Amols retrieved 30 eggs! 30! 20 made it to day 5 and 10 were pgs tested perfect embryos. We transferred one embryo because Dr Amols informed us how high his twin rates are. That embryo is thriving, im now 4 months pregnant.
It was up to you, they always worked with MY schedule being that I worked full time..
Luckily, my insurance covered the vast majority of my treatment and when it didn't, Dr Amols personally contacted my insurance to request assistance for me. Doing IUI and IVF, I paid a total of 3000. Not at once. They were extremely flexible about letting me pay in small increments when I was able to, im still paying using a flexible payment plan. The only time I had to make up front payments was for the IVF procedure itself down payment ($500) and PGS testing because a testing facililty takes care of that for them.
Gilbert

a lack of communication from the doctors to the nurses [at New Direction Fertility Centers]...I had to ask them if they were going to send in my medication to a pharmacy...If you want to do an IVF you have to put a $500 deposit down...The procedure for IUI if not covered by insurance cost $750. The IFV 6,800 and the anesthesia cost $300. Testing on embryos $500...clinic has taken on more patients that it seems to stretch the doctor thin and dont actually get to communicate with the doctor. Plus he seems so rushed that he may not have time for you and resulting in this you may need to schedule many several appoints to get your questions answered.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
They are very friendly and seem professional. The downside is that because his clinic has taken on more patients that it seems to stretch the doctor thin and dont actually get to communicate with the doctor. Plus he seems so rushed that he may not have time for you and resulting in this you may need to schedule many several appoints to get your questions answered.
There were times he seemed like, he had other patients he needed to see . So asking questions was taking too much of his time.
They were very friendly and if you had any questions they made sure to pass it onto the doctor. They all seemed very knowledgeable as well.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
We have been to several other fertility specialists. He from the others really wanted to find every possible solution for us to have a baby. He also jumped right into our options as opposed to the other specialist we saw- that just told us it will happen. "Give it time" He found a solution and seems excited for our journey.
You may need to schedule several appointments with the doctor himself if you have questions. If you want answers you need to schedule a specific appointment to ask those questions.
We went the route of IUI first even with my reserve being low and a Male count low because my insurance covered those. Used gonal f 300 mm and 400 mm and letrozole 2.5 mg to increase egg count and a trigger shot for ovulation, with progesterone suppositories to help the lining as well. As well as had a reserve sperm frozen each time due to low sperm count.
All office visit cost out of pocket due to him being a specialist. Plus any sperm reserve to be frozen every time cost $100. If you want to do an IVF you have to put a $500 deposit down. Most medication were not covered by insurance so out of pocket cost any where from 1k to 5k. The procedure for IUI if not covered by insurance cost $750. The IFV 6,800 and the anesthesia cost $300. Testing on embryos $500
Gilbert

The clinic [New Direction Fertility Centers] is very organized and responsive. They are open 7 days a week and respond 24 hours a day. That’s completely opposite of my last clinic and it was a nice surprise. They are all friendly, well trained and knowledgeable. They remember your names and are sensitive to what you are going through. They are great about finding appointments that fit in my schedule as well.... We got a teacher discount which was awesome so 1 cycle was $4000 plus $500 for antesthesia.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The clinic is very organized and responsive. They are open 7 days a week and respond 24 hours a day. That’s completely opposite of my last clinic and it was a nice surprise. They are all friendly, well trained and knowledgeable. They remember your names and are sensitive to what you are going through. They are great about finding appointments that fit in my schedule as well.
Dr. Amols always remembers my name and my husbands name, our professions, our worries, everything. He works 7 days a week and answers text messages at 11 pm at night, 6 am on Sundays and every day in between. I’m so happy I chose to switch doctors and do IVF with Dr. Amols.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Elizabeth)
Elizabeth is my IVF nurse and they use a portal system (Klara) and she uses that to communicate with me. I never wait more than a few hours for an answer and usually it’s within minutes.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols does all of the ultrasounds, consults and even answers text messages. He throughouly explains everything and was very positive, but realistic. I was worried I would have to use donor eggs (AMH .4) and he thought for sure I could get good embryos and I got 6! He also is generous with medications and never wants you to overspend. I honestly couldn’t ask for a better doctor.
Call now! He has a long wait, but it’s worth it!
He put me on DHEA and CoQ10 to increase egg quality. Then I went on birth control for a cycle, followed by an egg retrieval. I was on microdose lupron, menopur, Gonal F, and dexa pills. He said we didn’t need ICSI and the first round we had 12 eggs, 11 mature, 6 fertilize and 1 frozen embryo. We decided to do another egg retrieval and kept the protocol the same except he added growth hormone. This time I got 17 eggs, 12 mature, 10 fertilized, 5 frozen embryos. We did not PGS test. 1st transfer is in November.
We got a teacher discount which was awesome so 1 cycle was $4000 plus $500 for antesthesia. That includes ultrasounds and blood work leading up to retrieval, retrieval, and transfer. Obviously plus medications.
He said I can transfer 1 or 2, whatever I feel comfortable with but no more. I’m happy with that.
Gilbert

Very welcoming staff [at New Direction]. The wait was never terrible and you were seen on time most days. One downfall would be the finance department. I was getting bills from the clinic months after I “graduated”. The last bill I recieved was July and I finished at the clinic in the beginning of April... My care coordinator was always there when I had questions and very patient. The nursing staff was always nice too. Only negative thing was one of the phlebotomist was awful at drawing blood. Not sure if she was new and inexperience but I always dreaded seeing her when it was time for a blood draw. No fault of the clinic but still painful to deal with
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Very welcoming staff. The wait was never terrible and you were seen on time most days. One downfall would be the finance department. I was getting bills from the clinic months after I “graduated”. The last bill I recieved was July and I finished at the clinic in the beginning of April
Dr Amols treated me as if I was his only patient each visit. He didn’t make me feel rushed and was very patient with my questions. When he wasn’t available, the staff was amazing and was very knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: I can’t remember her name )
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr Amols is very patient and kind and always made me feel super comfortable at each appointment even though I was a nervous wreck at times. I never felt rushed during my appointments. If I forgot to ask a question I could just call or use the app to get an answer within the day. He easily explained the process and what to expect. He even helped us save a ton of money buying the meds through insurance by knowing the right thing to say to the insurance company. I highly recommend Dr Amols to anyone seeking fertility treatment.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions and be honest with your medical history.
Dr Amols made sure you were explained how to use the injections and you had the option to bring in the first dosage for the nurse to show you how to do it. Be sure to follow directions and dosage exactly. During injections there were quite a few appointments to track how your body was handling them. I had to lower the dosage on one type of injection because it was working too well. He closely monitored your progress and hormones. Honestly the hardest part for me was after the egg retrieval but that was due to the side affects of the meds I needed to take to prevent the ovarian overstimulation syndrome. After about 5 days I was back to normal. The clinic kept you updated on the amount of embryos and how many were successful by day 5. You went back to being monitored for the embryo transfer until your body was ready all while taking progesterone shots. I wasn’t expecting how long you needed to take the shots(through first trimester of pregnancy) so that took an emotional toll on me for sure but it was all worth it at the end
Since Dr Amols knew of a loop hole with tricare, I was able to get all medication for the entire process for way cheep. It cost a few hundred versus a few thousand. The actual cost of the fertility treatment and procedure through the clinic was a lot less expensive then other fertility treatments in the Phoenix area that I researched. I spent approximately $10-$15K from start to finish
Dr Amols did recommend to transfer two embryos instead of one at the very beginning of our initial meeting because of how long we have been struggling with infertility but it was ultimately our choice. I liked that he would not transfer more than 2 at a time (at least for our situation and age) just for the safety of the Mom and babies. I don’t feel I was given all the risks of having twins vs a singleton at the time but my husband and I probably would have still chosen to transfer two embryos instead of one if we did.
Gilbert
Great clinic [New Direction Fertility Centers] - clean, comfortable, lab on site, and excellent staff. This may sound silly, but I really appreciated the decor, views from the treatment rooms, background music, and blood draw lab.... Dr. Amols gave us 50% off due to military affiliation. He told me this is routine in his clinic for anyone with Tri-Care and they care for many military members... Seemed to be a lot if turnover as nurses either promoted up or pregnancied out,
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
I feel like I covered this when reviewing the doctor ... Great clinic - clean, comfortable, lab on site, and excellent staff. This may sound silly, but I really appreciated the decor, views from the treatment rooms, background music, and blood draw lab. Anything to help you relax and be more comfortable right???
Oh my gosh, nurses ALL knew my name and story, Dr. An old was personable, remembered details about me, my job, my work and my case. Dr. An old was INCREDIBLY patient with billing my not-always-so-responsive insurance.
They were awesome! Seemed to be a lot if turnover as nurses either promoted up or pregnancied out, but each one was compassionate, kind, and studied our file. Plus we saw Dr. almost every visit, so nurses weren't carrying too much burden.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
When you end up having the babies you always dreamed of it's pretty easy to recommend your doctor to others. But, we LOVED everything about New Directions and our treatment. Doctor, nurses and staff all great, prices more than reasonable for the service, facility comfortable and clean... We felt understood and cared for every step of the way and like the QUALITY of our experience was paramount. Our 1st IVF was total success. Only thing I would say is Dr. was a little overly optimistic with our initial treatment and we spent more time/money on IUI then I would have liked, but first time go on IVF! Also, at the time we left New Directions, it was getting very busy. Hoping Dr. A has found a partner by now.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, Dr. Amols is very responsive and thoroughly addresses ALL your concerns!
That's a lot to type out on a phone... Initial diagnosis was MFI and IUI treatment w/ Clomid. Next was three cycles (one cancelled) w/ injectibles. During cancelled cycle, eggs didn't grow as quick as expected. After IUI, first embryo transfer produced 6 high quality embryos (rated 4/5 out of 5). Two transferred into womb, resulting in two live births.
Dr. Amols gave us 50% off due to military affiliation. He told me this is routine in his clinic for anyone with Tri-Care and they care for many military members, especially LGBT. Our out of pocket was about $20k for multiple OH Is, IVF and 1-year embryo storage.
Dr. Amols refused to do more than two, insisted his success rate was so high, if we transferred two we'd get two babies and cautioned us about the risks/challenges of having teins. Sure enough! He was right! We have two healthy kids and are experiencing all the high energy demands of parenting multiples! :D

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
The clinic [New Direction Fertility Centers] is very clean and welcoming. Ot was also very easy to find and has more than one restroom which can be important. The main weakness would be that appointments tend to run late as you get later in the day, but this is because of the personalized care received and the fact that patients aren't rushed out.... The nursing staff was very caring and proficient in their jobs. Whenever I had a question they answered quickly and without making me feel bad for asking even kind of stupid questions. I felt very cared for by the staff at New Direction Fertility.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The clinic is very clean and welcoming. Ot was also very easy to find and has more than one restroom which can be important. The main weakness would be that appointments tend to run late as you get later in the day, but this is because of the personalized care received and the fact that patients aren't rushed out.
Dr. Amols treated me like a human 100%. He listened to my concerns regarding different treatments and explained everyrhing in detail. He also worked out a very individualized plan to work around a needle phobia I have so we could be successful in our attempts to have children.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
My experience as a patient with Dr. Amols has been incredibly positive. I always felt important and like he actually cared about the resulta of the treatments. He remembered us from visit to visit and got visibly frustrated with us when the initial tteatments were not working and didn't give up until we found what would work for us.
Make an appointmentvas soon as you realize you are experiencing infirtility. Also, don't be afraid to explain any issues or concerns you have with him.
At first we tried doing IUIs because there were no indications that we would not be able to concieve via insemination, after 4 progressively aggressive treatments did not result in any pregnancy we moved on to an egg retrieval with a frozen transfer. Half of the eggs were fertilized via ICSI and half naturally. The half that were attempted to be fertilized naturally did not fertilize without ICSI, which showed us the reason the IUIs were not working. We chose not to do any genetic testing on the embryos for personal religeous reasons and becaise of that opted to transfer 2 embryos at a time to increase the chances of a successful pregnancy. The first transfer resulted in an ectopic pregnancy that ended with a ruptured fallopian tube. The second transfer resulted in a healthy twin pregnancy and I gave birth in March of 2018.
The components of our treatment costs were the treatments themselves (ultrasounds, retrieval surgery, IUIs, transfers, ICSI fertilization, and testing) and the medications.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Great communication, staff [at New Direction] remembers you by name, great bed side manner, and they truly care about your success. They all cheered and gave me huge hugs once we had our positive pregnancy results. The only “issue”, is billing. Which I’ve heard at almost every clinic. With so many patients, it’s not a huge surprise that things happen. But, the two times that there was an issue with billing, I contacted the department and it was fixed right away without any further issue. I’d say it was smooth and not a headache to deal with.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Great communication, staff remembers you by name, great bed side manner, and they truly care about your success. They all cheered and gave me huge hugs once we had our positive pregnancy results. The only “issue”, is billing. Which I’ve heard at almost every clinic. With so many patients, it’s not a huge surprise that things happen. But, the two times that there was an issue with billing, I contacted the department and it was fixed right away without any further issue. I’d say it was smooth and not a headache to deal with.
Never once did I feel like I was a check mark on his to-do list. He remembers you by name, details about your situation, your home life, things discussed at the last appt, etc.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Brenley)
The nurses were incredible. For example, I had never been under anesthesia before. I was a nervous wreck. When I was taken back, I laid there waiting for the doctor to come in for the retrieval. As I cried, two nurses (one wasn’t even a part of my team but had seen me crying as I walked back) were by my side talking me through each step and one stroked my hair calming me. It was the “motherly touch” I needed in that moment.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols is a doctor not only that i would recommend to my closest friends and family, but IS who I’ve recommended and have sent 10-15 people to already. His communication is top notch. He is very detailed, asks you questions to make sure you understand, is very honest yet extremely compassionate with a positive nature. I saw him at every single appt starting from my consultation, through my IUI cycle, to my IVF monitoring/retrieval/and transfer. Once I did have my positive pregnancy results, I had some concerns with spotting and cramping. He took it upon himself to email me around 11:30 pm on a Saturday night to give me reassurance and peace of mind to my questions and worries. I was of course happy to move forward to a regular OB as that symbolized a healthy pregnancy and on to the next chapter, but I was very sad to leave his care. Nobody “wants” to go through fertility treatments but since that is my reality, I look forward to working with him when it comes time for baby #2.
Be ready. Once you are in his care... he’s ready to go! He always says “I love my patients and getting to see them. But my goal is to get them in and out the door on to the OB for a successful pregnancy.” He’s not in it for the money. He himself went through IVF with his wife so he understands the struggle. His goal is the help families grow at an affordable cost with quality treatments.
For my treatment, the following meds were used. Gonal-F Menopur Ganirelix And a trigger shot.
IVF- $4,800 Anesthesia- $300 ICSI- $500 PGS- $1,200 to Amols and $2,000 to the outside lab.
Dr. Amols is comfortable transferring up to 2 embryos.
Gilbert

The clinic is very nice and clean. Every time I walked in I was greeted by name. I never had a long wait time. At our new patient consult Dr. Amols took us on a tour of the facility and showed us the labs. Everything was new and they pride themselves on the best technology. After retrieval they have personal recovery rooms so you don't have to worry about sharing a room with anyone else.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
He made us feel like we were his only patients. I know he sees so so many people every day but he always remembered us and our situation. Very personable and easy to talk to about anything and everything. Every appointment felt like he remembered exactly where we left off even to the smallest details.
So so sweet! Every nurse we encountered was so helpful and kind. They were all very proficient in their different jobs.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols is very friendly and such an amazing doctor. Every appointment he did himself and it went smoothly. He answered any questions and always explained what he was doing and everything he saw during the ultrasounds. He's so personable and so easy to get along with.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. He really cares about you and will kindly answer any questions you might have.
I was on an antagonist schedule. It was male factor infertility so we did IVF with ICSI. 28 egggs retrieved, 16 fertilized, 10 embryos frozen. Currently preparing for transfer.
$4800 for the IVF process which includes all ultrasounds, blood draws, retrieval, assisted hatching, transfer, and 6 month frozen embryo storage. We had to do ICSI which cost another $500 billed at a later time. Medications are seperate.

Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
They [nurses at New DIrection Fertility Centers] were excellent and always willing to answer questions!...$1500 for testing $4600 for IVF with icsi $3500 for medications $2000 for another transfer... He [Dr. Amois] would do the ultrasound and then the office would call later that day and tell me if I needed to increase or decrease my gonal f injection dosage. Once I was about 9 days into the stims part he had me come in daily to monitor more closely. On day 11 I was ready to have the trigger shot and came in the next day to make sure that medication worked and came in the next day after that to have my retrieval. For the transfer I was on birth control again for 3 weeks. And started Lupron 20units. Once the birth control was done I dropped my dosage to 10 units and started estrogen pills 2 pills twice a day: I went in for a lining check and ended up having to increase my estrogen dosage to 3 pills 3 times a day. Then 5 days before transfer he started me on doxycycline and progesterone injections.
Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
He was always willing to sit down and answer and questions, he made us feel like he wanted us to conceive and it wasn't just another procedure for him. He was always genuine in times of loss.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Darcy )
They were excellent and always willing to answer questions!
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr A. Was extremely kind and very open with his own Fertilty issues so I always felt like he understood what not just me but my husband was going through. He was very straight forward but in a caring way. During our miscarriage he took his time to go through every option of treatment and let us have time to process things as well. He scheduled our d&c and he was the physician to perform it. He was very genuine in his care and I felt that he truly was saddened by our loss as well. I also felt at every appointment we have gone to he is always positive and excited to see where we are at. I like that I see him everytime I go and not someone else who may not know my entire history. He is patient and willing to answer any and all questions we may have had or still have.
To be excited about treatment and trust his advice but also do not be afraid to make your own recommendations or talk about things you maybe have in mind for treatment. He is willing to listen and try his best to work around your comfort levels
He started me on birth control about 4 weeks before my egg retrieval. He wanted my cycle to be in sync with when the retrieval would be. He then gave me a calendar of all my retrieval medications and when to take them and appointments scheduled out for the next few weeks. I was started on 75mg of menopur each morning and gonal f 150mg at night. Then I would go to his office every other day to be monitored and get my blood drawn. He would do the ultrasound and then the office would call later that day and tell me if I needed to increase or decrease my gonal f injection dosage. Once I was about 9 days into the stims part he had me come in daily to monitor more closely. On day 11 I was ready to have the trigger shot and came in the next day to make sure that medication worked and came in the next day after that to have my retrieval. For the transfer I was on birth control again for 3 weeks. And started Lupron 20units. Once the birth control was done I dropped my dosage to 10 units and started estrogen pills 2 pills twice a day: I went in for a lining check and ended up having to increase my estrogen dosage to 3 pills 3 times a day. Then 5 days before transfer he started me on doxycycline and progesterone injections.

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
PCOS, Other
The clinic [New Direction Fertility] is beautiful, organized, and efficient. They have lots of staff members that care about you and what you are going through. From the egg retrieval, blood work, embryo transfer, and ultrasounds, the staff was great through it all. I never had a bad experience and wouldn’t change a thing...I had many nurses work with my through the fertility process. I had Darcy, Brenley, and many others help me understand my calendar and go over medications and procedures.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The clinic is beautiful, organized, and efficient. They have lots of staff members that care about you and what you are going through. From the egg retrieval, blood work, embryo transfer, and ultrasounds, the staff was great through it all. I never had a bad experience and wouldn’t change a thing.
He gave me his cell number and would be willing to talk and go over everything. Knew my name and who I was, even when I would see him at other stores.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers.
I had many nurses work with my through the fertility process. I had Darcy, Brenley, and many others help me understand my calendar and go over medications and procedures. They cared and one was even set to go through the fertility process with Dr. Amols too.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols was amazing! He met with me at every appointment and went over what was happening during the calendar we had and what to expect next. He was very quick at responding to messages and even gave me his personal number when I was worried about upcoming procedures. He knew my husband and I and helped us by relating his past situation to what we were going through. His greatest hope is to help those struggling with infertility just like him and his wife struggled with theirs.
Don’t hesitate going to him, he is personable and will help you get the results you are looking for
Dr. Amols helped me get assistance with the cost of my medication and I went on Clomid, Progesterone, and many others. He helped walk me through how to take the medications, the amounts, and possible side effects. When I got preganant, both times, I was on the Progesterone for 10 weeks to make sure my hormone level stayed up. I now have 2 healthy, beautiful girls thanks to him!
I remember that Dr. Amols worked hard to lower the fertility costs. For my egg retriever and first transfer the cost was around $5,000. For the second transfer, I paid around $2,000. The cost for yearly egg freezing is $500.
Dr. Amols will only transfer 2 embryos, at the most. We transferred 1 embryo the first time and got pregnant and then transferred the reminding 2 embryos and got pregnant with one baby.

1 IUI, 1 IVF, 4 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
We first did 3 back to back IVF cycles [at New Direction Fertility Centers], where we retrieved 5 eggs. We then tried IUI & failed. We decided to then go back to egg retrievals and did our 4th and final retrieval, which resulted in one healthy amazing egg. We got a phone call on day 3 from Almos himself stating that he would love to do a fresh transfer because of how great the quality of the egg and my lining were.
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 4 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
This is a busy clinic, so be prepared to wait to get seen as a new patient. But once you are a patient, you are apart of the family.
He is very informative, takes the time to make sure you are understanding the process and understanding it clearly. He never made me feel uncomfortable for asking certain questions. He is very sensitive and you can tell he truly cares about his patients
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Darcy)
I was in the office every other day, sometimes every day. I grew close to the staff and I felt like they were our cheerleaders. Every time we got positive news they would celebrate with us, anytime we got negative news they would comfort us.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
One thing I loved about Almos was that I saw him every appointment. He would even call on his off hours and talk to my husband & I to explain things further. He never made me feel rushed about a decision. We had a couple hiccups along the way, but he was extremely empathetic. He likes to talk, and he can be blunt. He is a great communicator. He took charge in frustrating situations and always had a back up plan for us.
To be gentle with yourself, this process is a hard one and Almos truly has your best interest at heart. Ask questions when you don't understand something fully and be your own advocate.
I got diagnosed with Premature ovarian failure from Mark Almos. We went over our options and picked to help preserve our fertility first, then work on getting pregnant. We first did 3 back to back IVF cycles, where we retrieved 5 eggs. We then tried IUI & failed. We decided to then go back to egg retrievals and did our 4th and final retrieval, which resulted in one healthy amazing egg. We got a phone call on day 3 from Almos himself stating that he would love to do a fresh transfer because of how great the quality of the egg and my lining were. We implanted on October 25th and got a positive BETA a few days later.
Almos is a lot cheaper than most RE's, total I think it came to $17,000ish

Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
At the time of my treatment in 2016, the front desk staff and office manager were very difficult to communicate with or get information from. Eventually it got to the point where I had to physically go to the office and harass them in person to get the information I needed. I had a particularly bad experience with the office manager Susan, who is Dr. Amols' sister, regarding my insurance coverage and financial obligations. The practice has exploded since then, and I've heard that it is even more difficult to work with them now, so new patients should educate themselves on what questions to ask, what to expect, so that they can keep on top of office staff for clerical issues. Dr. Amols and the nursing staff were always great, I can't say enough good things about Dr. A himself, but the difficulties with the office were the top reason why I ended up switching to another clinic.
Dr. Amols spent a lot of time with us at our consult, and put together a plan that was tailored to our situation and what level of treatment we were comfortable with. His approach was not "cookie cutter" in any way.
The nurses were kind, and very personable and positive in their small talk during blood draws.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols is compassionate and truly cares about you and wants you to be successful. He and his wife went through infertility themselves, so he really "gets it" and understands the struggle. He performed every ultrasound, test and procedure himself, even on the weekends. Being the only doctor in the practice (at the time, anyway) meant he didn't take sick days - unfortunately that meant he was doing my HSG while he had a cold, without wearing a mask. I have a weak immune system and always catch bugs, so that was disconcerting for me.
To have patience! When I was seeing Dr. Amols in 2016, he was the only doctor in the practice, and since he was doing all the ultrasounds and procedures, sometimes the wait in the lobby was lengthy. His practice has only gotten busier since then. I tried to remind myself that he was back there giving someone his undivided attention, and that I would get the same level of attention when it was finally my turn.
We decided to start with IUI with Femara and injectables (Follistim). I was 38 at the time with a decent antral follicle count, and Dr. Amols expected to get 3-5 mature follicles. I didn't respond as expected and only got 2 follicles, and the cycle was unsuccessful. For our second IUI, we increased the Follistim by more than double, yet still only got 2 follicles, and unsuccessful. Due to my poor response to the meds, Dr. Amols suggested we move onto IVF to increase our chances, rather than spending so much for Follistim on IUI cycles.
Many of the initial testing and ultrasounds were considered diagnostic and covered by insurance, but all the medications and IUI procedures were out of pocket.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
The advertised price of $4800 was exactly what we paid. That of course didn't include the medications ... And I love how their [New Direction Fertility Centers] embryo freezing is done individually instead of a batch.. so they won't lose temperature if they're grabbing one out from the rest. ... They are very well mannered and helpful. If they aren't sure if something, they always ask Dr. Amols and get back to me right away. Even if it was the tiniest, most mundane question, they'll answer with a smile and reassure me everything is ok.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The clinic is absolutely amazing. It is bright, clear, clean, and warm at the same time. I was brought around for a tour of the clinic and was blown away with their equipment and their attention to detail. They even have specialized air filter system to optimize a sterile work condition. And I love how their embryo freezing is done individually instead of a batch.. so they won't lose temperature if they're grabbing one out from the rest.
I had a lot of panic as well as feeling of defeat plus exhaustion physically, mentally, and emotionally. I knew a lot was riding on this IVF attempt with Dr. Amols because it will be our last try. Dr. Amols eased my stress by being extremely cheerful and upbeat, being very informative of every step and actually did every single sonogram at every visit. The most memorable part was how proactively he still kept seeing me until being 8 weeks pregnant as I had a massive bleeding scare towards the end of 6 weeks. Turned out I had a subchorionic hemorrhage. He got me to come into to office every other day so I can check up on the baby, see and hear his heart beat, and see him wiggle about. And he'd measure the subchorionic hemorrhage each time and tell me exactly how much it is healing to lessen my anxiety. The fact that his office is open 7 days a week (special by-appointment times during weekends) made me feel like he truly cared. Because he knows that the body will do what the body does at any given time of the day of the week and it won't just stick to a Mon-Fri schedule.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
I enjoyed my visits with Dr. Amols immensely. I can tell he takes great pride in his work and work ethic and you can tell he genuinely cares about wanting to give people the opportunity to make their families complete. He was very easy to talk to, candid but respectful, and always has a smile on his face. He was so good at the egg retrieval that I didn't even have any discomfort after the procedure was completed. Also, he was very gentle when it came to any trans-vaginal ultrasounds and even catheter insertions for the embryo transfer.
Because Dr. Amols has such good reviews, outcomes, and price point, the wait times to get in to see him will be a long wait. If you want to go to his practice, book sooner than later.
I can't entirely remember what protocol was used, however I remember that the injectibles he ordered was the pen injection for Gonal-F and that was extremely convenient. And he adjusted my dosage according to how I progressed by looking at the ultrasound instead of just using a set dosage regardless of how I was progressing.
Dr. Amols monitors as needed aborting to how the body behaves. So if that means he needs to see me on the weekends, he will come and do the ultrasound personally on the weekend. It was amazing!! I didn't feel like just another patient with a number.
The advertised price of $4800 was exactly what we paid. That of course didn't include the medications, however we expected that.
Dr. Amols practices responsible embryo transfer approach. He will not transfer more than 3 to avoid mass multiples.
Gilbert

$500 - IUI plus the cost of medications...Everything is done at this clinic [New Direction Fertility Centers]. It has all of latest technology and equipment available. All blood and semen samples are analyzed/processed on site in their lab. Dr. Amols works every single day. Dr. Amols said that's women's fertile time isn't just on Mondays through Fridays from 8am - 5 pm, it can happen at any time and he and his staff are available everyday to meet our needs. I went in on Memorial Day so that he could do an ultrasound and check my follicles. It's very convenient for anyone to be seen at this clinic.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Everything is done at this clinic. It has all of latest technology and equipment available. All blood and semen samples are analyzed/processed on site in their lab. Dr. Amols works every single day. Dr. Amols said that's women's fertile time isn't just on Mondays through Fridays from 8am - 5 pm, it can happen at any time and he and his staff are available everyday to meet our needs. I went in on Memorial Day so that he could do an ultrasound and check my follicles. It's very convenient for anyone to be seen at this clinic.
Dr.Mark Amols has been genuinely concerned with helping us get pregnant. He has thoroughly evaluated our fertility situation and has presented us with all of our options. He is always available to answer any questions we have and makes us feel like we are his only patients.
The nursing staff is very knowledgeable on fertility issues and treatments. They execute Dr. Amols' orders very efficiently and are sympathetic to our situation.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Mark Amols is very empathetic to our situation. He has been very patient and supportive while waiting to treat us. I am anovulatory and Dr. Amols treated me for a couple of months before we could actually start our first treatment. I had a few cysts on my ovaries that needed to be cleared up before beginning treatment. We just had our first IUI last week. I have dealt with many doctors throughout my life and I have never met a doctor who is as concerned with his patients as Dr. Amols. We feel truly privileged to be under his treatment and are optimistic that he will be able to help us get pregnant. Dr. Mark Amols embodies the word -passionate- with his work.
Be patient and trust that Dr. Amols will do everything he can to help you get pregnant.
Dr. Amols suggested we begin with the least invasive form of treatment, an IUI. He suggested this because we were able to get pregnant on our own about 4 months before seeing him, just by taking Clomid. The pregnancy resulted in a miscarriage. All of this occurred before seeing Dr. Amols. His rational was that if we were able to get pregnant only by taking Clomid, we should not have too much trouble getting pregnant again using IUI and improving our chances.
$500 - IUI plus the cost of medications

2012 - 2015
They [New Direction] are very organized and understanding and sympathetic as soon as you walk through that door they're very welcoming it doesn't feel like you're going into a doctor's office it feels like you're walking into your mom's house or a family member's house it's very comfortable... I loved the whole staff no issues at all it felt like going to my second home... We had insurance so it paid diagnosis so we just had to pay a specialist fee co-pay
2012 - 2015
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
They are very organized and understanding and sympathetic as soon as you walk through that door they're very welcoming it doesn't feel like you're going into a doctor's office it feels like you're walking into your mom's house or a family member's house it's very comfortable and your nerves is very quick
I felt like a human with Dr amols because he was respectful and listened. I did not feel rushed. I felt like we could sit there all day and listen to us. I felt like he was hurting with us. He even told us his own experiences with his wife and what they went through. He literally knew what we were going through, which made me feel more comfortable. He was very compassionate when things didn't work out like our insurance not paying he even gave us low-cost options which was pretty amazing.
Just like dr. Amos it seemed like he picked the right stuff they were all understanding and listened and we're sympathetic I loved the whole staff no issues at all it felt like going to my second home
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Mark Amols was absolutely amazing like I said he's very compassionate and understanding and listens there has been other doctors in the past that don't seem to care what you have to say and that's different with dr. Amols he'll actually sit there and listen to you. My husband and him even talked about football so he felt like a good friend and it made us feel more comfortable he was very thorough on what was wrong. And he explained every procedure and medication.
If you want a doctor that understands and that makes you feel comfortable and that actually listens to you go to dr. Amols
We first tried Clomid and he explained what day of my cycle I needed to take it and when it was supposed to end and how long it was supposed to last and when I should have been ovulating I also came in and did ultrasounds to check and see if the eggs were maturing like they were supposed to.
We had insurance so it paid diagnosis so we just had to pay a specialist fee co-pay which was 30 every visit and then we got told the IVF would be our only option so 4800 was what he was offering which is really good at the time we just could not afford
We never got that far so no comment
Gilbert

I think the clinic is great the way it is. ... Everything is done through a portal and it makes communicating with the Doctors office so much easier ... New Direction accepts most insurance plans and they will attempt to run every visit through insurance before billing you. ... I’ve grown very fond of a couple of the nurse practitioners at the office. I feel like they genuinely care about us. We’ve been going to this clinic for some time and I feel like I’ve built a good relationship with a few of them.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
I think the clinic is great the way it is. Dr Amols is great as well as his staff. Everything is done through a portal and it makes communicating with the Doctors office so much easier. Dr Amols has incredible bedside manner and makes you feel important no matter the reason for your visit.
I’ve always felt like Dr Amols genuinely cared for my husband and I. And has supported the decisions we’ve made regarding treatments. We’ve had multiple losses and every time his compassion and concern have always shown through.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
He genuinely cares. I knew it from the moment I met him. I knew he was going to be the person that helped us get pregnant. I’ve always felt like any questions or concerns I have are valid and he takes the time to explain.
Ask a lot of questions. Dr Amols is extremely knowledgeable and ask his opinion. He will always steer you in the right direction.
Dr Amols has always been very open about discussing our odds. He has been brutally honest even when I haven’t wanted him to be, but he wants to make sure that the path we set is the best one of us.
Gilbert

I have only hand great experiences with every step of the process so far. His team is spectacular and significantly better than any other office we have worked with. The only weakness is how in demand they [New Direction] are (which to me was also a strength) I had to wait 7 months to see this dr because he has so many patients that come to him from all around the country due to his amazing care and fair prices.... These ladies are amazing. Always available and updated on my case by the dr regularly
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
I have only hand great experiences with every step of the process so far. His team is spectacular and significantly better than any other office we have worked with. The only weakness is how in demand they are (which to me was also a strength) I had to wait 7 months to see this dr because he has so many patients that come to him from all around the country due to his amazing care and fair prices.
We live in CA and have had consultations with 2 other doctors who made us feel like they didn’t care about our specific needs. Dr Amols’ office is so attentive and caring. They were thorough and took the time to make a plan of action that is specific to our needs
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr Amols is warm, caring, and thorough. He truly takes the time to make me feel comfortable and supported in this fertility journey. He is smart and always looking for what is best not what is most expensive
Ask as many questions as you need to in order to feel like you are making informed decisions regarding your health
We are just beginning the ivf process but dr Amols is efficient and thorough
Dr Amols really is trying to help you not make a giant profit, his prices are indicative of this.
Gilbert

I don’t have any complaints about the clinic [New Direction Fertility Centers]. They are all really awesome there. I think the only thing that I would say is sometimes there wouldn’t be anyone at the front desk and I would have to wait for someone so that I could pay my co pay or schedule my next appointment. The clinic is very clean and the whole staff is so nice!
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
I don’t have any complaints about the clinic. They are all really awesome there. I think the only thing that I would say is sometimes there wouldn’t be anyone at the front desk and I would have to wait for someone so that I could pay my co pay or schedule my next appointment. The clinic is very clean and the whole staff is so nice!
He is a fantastic doctor and doesn’t give false hope. He will talk you through every step of what’s going on and has so much empathy for his patients. I only wish I had unlimited funds so that my husband and I could try for another baby.
The were all really nice and empathetic to what I wasn’t going through.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr Amols is a skilled doctor that I would recommend to anyone going through infertility. Him and his staff are excellent. I always left his office feeling knowledgeable about what I was going to be doing. He takes the time to talk about what he’s doing every step of the way. He always made me feel so comfortable.
Trust in what he says. He doesn’t beat around the bush.
I would always start with a baseline ultrasound on cycle day 3. Then I would start the femara and gonal-f. I can’t quite remember what cycle day I would start those on and can’t rwmeber t. Once my follicles matured enough I would do the trigger shot and come in for my IUI 36 hours later.
It was significantly cheaper than other clinics. My insurance covered a small portion of the procedure but none of the medication.

Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
For Ivf [at New Direction Fertility Centers] it was around $5000...Medicine $3500...Embryo biopsy $1200...Iui $750...No weakness. Strength : good location, beatiful and clean office. Even though they are busy, they try their best to see you at your scheduled appointment time. You just need to show up little earlier than your scheduled time...The whole nurse team was amazing. Very well communicative, supportive and very reachable. There were times i would freak out on simple matter, they are all very caring and compassionate anout their patients.
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
He is very empathetic, kind person. Every single time we met, he made us feel hopeful. He knows what he is doing.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
He has awesome bedside manner. Very well communicative. I have never seen such a compassionate doctor. He remembers his every patient. He followed his treatment protocol amd our 1st ivf was successful where other doctor told us we have less chance to succeed.
Trust him. Follow his protocol. He knows what he is doing. He has different treatment plans for each patient and with him its never one size fits all kind of treatment. He adjusts his protocol according to patients needs.
My protocol for ivf was antagonist protocol. He increased / decreased my dosages based on every bloodwork they did. i was strictly monitored during my cycle.
For Ivf it was around $5000 Medicine $3500 Embryo biopsy $1200 Iui $750
I decided to go with multiple embryo transfer and it was solely my decision. We did pgs testing and sll our 4 embryos came perfect.
Gilbert

[New Direction's] Strengths - great doctor, nice staff, affordable (we couldn't afford IVF without them) Weaknesses - long wait to get in but then it goes fast, front desk isn't their strong point Useful Information - I am sure a lot of people see them because of the reviews and affordability but what surprised me more is their success rate. Everyone I knew who has seen them is pregnant, that was impressive. I'll be honest I was worried about you know "you get what you pay for".
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
I talked to other patients and they had different protocols then me which made me feel that I was treated as an individual.
The nurses are very responsive with their clinic app Klara
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Very caring and works a lot. He always knows who you are and you feel like your his friend not just a patient. My only complaint is that I wish I had more time to talk to him each time since he always made me feel positive and confident.
Make an appointment ASAP they are booked out 9 months.
preantagonist with a coflare antagonist cycle with estrogen only instead of a birth control. It made sense why he did it when he told me, but honestly that's about as far as I understood it.
Compared to the other clinics we went to it was about 1/2 to a 1/3 the cost. We felt like the care was better then the more expensive clinics.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
[New Direction Fertility Centers is a] Very clean office. Nice front desk. I like that every time I have called I have talked to someone. I appreciate it when they transfer a call someone picks up the phone. if someone doesn't have the answer they will find out and get back to you soon. the financial team is helpful as well. I like that they have Kiara so we can text ?s back and forth.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
They were very easy going. He talked to us like we were friends not patients. Gave us a sense of comfort knowing we can do this again.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Maggie Francoer)
they are compassionate and nice. they get back to me immediately with the answer to my ?s.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
He is a caring and knowlegible dr. He made us understand the process with him and made us feel like we are capable of doing another round. We decided to see him because of the price and the feedback we got from others. He made the appointment more personal and friendly. Was able to talk to him like a friend. Which helped my husband feel more comfortable.
I don't really have any... Just make sure you feel that all your questions are being answered. He will answer any ?
I have not started my next IVF cycle with him. We start (fingers crossed) in April/May. This will be our first round with him. This is not our first cycle. It all depends on the next ultrasound.
IVF package $4800 PGS biopsy $1200 PGS $2000 ICSI $500 Anesthesia $300
He said if we have 2 good viable embryos this time we will put in both because of my last loss.
Gilbert

The clinic [New Direction] is very clean and welcoming. We always felt comfortable there. Each treatment room is decorated nicely, and the waiting room was also very open....We always saw a different nurse. Some of them were very patient and knowledgeable, but some of them seemed a little scatterbrained.... I had a procedure denied by Insurance because someone incorrectly filled out a form. It set us back on our timeline. Fortunately, they resubmitted the form, and it was covered by insurance.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The clinic is very clean and welcoming. We always felt comfortable there. Each treatment room is decorated nicely, and the waiting room was also very open. I am prompted to add more characters, even though my response already 200 characters, so I am just adding more text.
Dr. Amols has a wonderful bedside manner and remembered us by name. He would make references to previous conversations, which shows that he was listening and remembered us.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols is such an approachable and likeable guy. He also struggled with male infertility, and went through IVF with his wife. My husband really appreciated him sharing his personal story, and connecting with him one-on-one. I once saw Dr. Amols at Costco, and he remembered me and asked how my twins were doing.
Get in for an appointment ASAP! We saw him shortly after he opened his practice, and we were able to get an appointment pretty quickly. Now, he is booked out for months for a consultation.
We tried three rounds of IUI, and then we successfully did a cycle of IVF with frozen embryos.
My first two IUI cycles for $500, and my third IUI cycle was $1, 000. My IVF cycle was $5, 000.
Our doctor let us decide. We decided to transfer a boy and girl embryo.
Gilbert

Clinic [New Direction] was clean and nicely decorated. The front office staff never said hi or bye or made us feel Welcomed. The first treatment they sent my prescription to the wrong pharmacy and i told them 2-3 which location it needed to be.... the staff was never nice and never remembered or checked the charts that we have to use donor sperm and it was a constant reminder because they always made comments that we would use his sperm.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Clinic was clean and nicely decorated. The front office staff never said hi or bye or made us feel Welcomed. The first treatment they sent my prescription to the wrong pharmacy and i told them 2-3 which location it needed to be. That was a horrible night running all over trying to get it.
We did IUIs so i didn’t feel as important as the IVF patients. Probably because i didn’t pay as much. He never did blood work on me or checked to see if I was even ovulating. I felt like we wasted $6k on 3 IUIs with him and the staff was never nice and never remembered or checked the charts that we have to use donor sperm and it was a constant reminder because they always made comments that we would use his sperm.
I didn’t care for them. One girl in particular put me in a bad mood because she just looked unhappy to be there.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols was nice but he didn’t treat us like an important patient. After the 3 IUIs we decided to change clinics and see someone knew. Dr. Amols barely did any blood work on my and my new clinic did so much testing and found out i was a carrier for CF. Dr. Amols never told me that.
If you are doing IUIs don’t waste your time. They only care about IVF patients and they don’t do detailed testing.
Two cycles with clomid and a trigger shot and the last iui was with Femara and trigger shot.
$750 for the iui and $25 for the visits
Gilbert

[New Direction] I love the new text system with a nurse. Weaknesses would be explaining MY course of IVF with another consult. We were told about IUI and IVF, opted for IUI, was unsuccessful so we waited, saved money and 6 months later did IVF. But to be honest he never really had a sit down and we didn’t talk about what it would entail fully....they weren’t very talkative and didn’t seem interested in getting to know me.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
I love the new text system with a nurse. Weaknesses would be explaining MY course of IVF with another consult. We were told about IUI and IVF, opted for IUI, was unsuccessful so we waited, saved money and 6 months later did IVF. But to be honest he never really had a sit down and we didn’t talk about what it would entail fully. I bought books, but medical books are outdated so quickly. I also just wanted a support system.. not with strangers online but to connect with women in my community.
I loved that HE did the ultrasounds and would explain things.
Most were very nice, but they weren’t very talkative and didn’t seem interested in getting to know me. Sometimes I just wanted to talk to someone and not sit there in a gown being anxious for the next vaginal ultrasound.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols was great. He was compassionate and understanding and I think it helped since he and his wife went through treatments too. He did run a busy office, but for the most part I didn’t feel rushed. I looked forward to speaking to him he had great bedside manner.
New patients:: He is worth the wait!!
My insurance paid 50% so the rates were a bit higher than if I would have paid totally out of pocket. It was a total of about $6,500 for the IVF cycle with medications (that the insurance did not cover).
We did not do chromosomal testing so we were advised to transfer two.
Gilbert
This clinic [New Direction Fertility Centers] is extremely busy. I don’t feel that they have any outside resources available for their patients and spouses or if they do no one offered them to us. The nurses and assistants have been nice but I wish they would return my phone calls with a call and not a message on the office messaging system...$300 hsg .. 750 iui 400 Meds for iui .. 50 for doctor visits .. 100 for sperm analysis each time
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
This clinic is extremely busy. I don’t feel that they have any outside resources available for their patients and spouses or if they do no one offered them to us. The nurses and assistants have been nice but I wish they would return my phone calls with a call and not a message on the office messaging system. With that being said, Dr Amols is a great doctor. He is very personable
When I first started going, I would call with questions and someone would be there to answer or would call me back. The last couple months my calls are returned by a message on a messaging system leaving no room for me to ask additional questions if I thought of others. Some prefer messaging over talking but I prefer to talk to someone.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr Amols has great bedside manner. He answered our questions and helped prepare us for treatments! I did feel that he was overly busy at times trying to keep up with his patient workload. Although when he was present he helped put our minds at ease by talking to my husband and I during treatments
Come prepared to every appointment with questions written down. The appointments can feel overwhelming and you may forget to ask questions
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Strengths of the nursing staff [at New Direction Fertility Centers] was they all seemed very friendly, and organized. Weakness- would've liked to know to know them personally since that was the down to earth vibe you got from Dr A. Also sometimes you felt like they were being spread very thin and had a lot going on... he does batch cycle his patients, which wasn't an issue for me because it meant he was able to be more present and see me each visit.
European, Black or African-American
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Strengths- the doctor, feel comfortable, trustworthy Weakness- not much staff for the demand, but they make it work
Amazing bedside manner, you can truly tell he cares and is in it to get you your take home baby, not just another number or a pay day like other doctors made me feel
Strengths of the nursing staff was they all seemed very friendly, and organized. Weakness- would've liked to know to know them personally since that was the down to earth vibe you got from Dr A. Also sometimes you felt like they were being spread very thin and had a lot going on
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
As a patient I felt like I had no need to worry. Dr A has continued to make me feel like I (and our future babies) are in great hands. He performed every single ultrasound himself and took the time to explain the process and what to expect every step of the way!
Be prepared to be treated more like a friend and less like a patient
Being that this was my first IVF/ injectable cycle, I had a high antral follicle count secondary to PCOS we went with an antagonist protocol. I started with BCP; as he does batch cycle his patients, which wasn't an issue for me because it meant he was able to be more present and see me each visit. I had no hick ups during my IVF process and his protocol got me a great number of eggs
Approx 6-8,000 for IVF cycle 2800 for medications for IVF cycle 400 for frozen embryo transfer 1200 for PGS embryo biopsy fee
I was educated on the risks of multiples but given the choice to transfer one or two. I didn't feel very pressured either way, but felt very educated on possibilities of both. Dr A has twins via IVF so he was able to give a first hand perspective as well which was nice.

Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
The clinic [New Direction Fertility Centers- Gilbert] is clean, new and they just expanded. The wait at the office is very little, you are usually called right in. Visits are often quick. Their messaging app is great for any questions or help you need.... Approx $2k with insurance for IUI including meds (high deductible)... IUI with femera, Gonal F, trigger shot and progesterone after IUI. We had a successful pregnancy. At 22 weeks, due to suspected incompetent cervix, we had to deliver our angel.
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The clinic is clean, new and they just expanded. The wait at the office is very little, you are usually called right in. Visits are often quick. Their messaging app is great for any questions or help you need.
Dr Amols takes his time and answers all of your questions. He can also personally relate as he has been through IVF himself.
The nursing staff was ok, not as great as the Dr himself. Some aren’t very empathetic and don’t answer questions very well. Your best bet is to get all questions answered through their messaging app
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr Amols is very empathetic and showed genuine concern and willingness to help when we ended up having a 2nd trimester loss after a successful IUI. Most of the testing is done by him which is nice since he is able to talk you through it and give instant feedback.
He speaks fast so it can seem like you’re being rushed but he will answer all of your questions and go through everything, just ask!
IUI with femera, Gonal F, trigger shot and progesterone after IUI. We had a successful pregnancy. At 22 weeks, due to suspected incompetent cervix, we had to deliver our angel. We are currently working with Dr Amols to get pregnant again
Approx $2k with insurance for IUI including meds (high deductible)

2017 - 2019
Just one of my most recent times, I was left sitting in the ultrasound room over an hour. They [New Direction Fertility Center] forgot about me they said and they had his NP exam me instead of doctor. ... They the NP who saw me ordered the wrong medication. I was super bummed because I had specifically scheduled with him, not the NP, when I made the appointment.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Very good communication with staff using Klara system. Doctor is not out for money because he has been through infertility himself with wife. He is one of the most affordable and has the most updated state of the art equipment. It is a very, very busy clinic.
Dr. Amols has also gone through infertility and he takes his time with my husband and I and empathizes.
Most of them are very good and friendly. The Klara texting system they use is great and they have always been prompt.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols is very thorough . He sits down with us and literally draws out what is happening and what our plan of action is. He shows us charts and statistics and explains everything to us. He makes sure our questions are answered. He is very professional and has excellent bedside manner. We are very impressed with him!
To be patient. He is a very busy and popular doctor and there is usually a very long waiting list to see him.
Don't remember or have info present at the moment.
About $1700 per IUI...with injections and pills
None

Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Dr Amols costs [at New Direction Fertility Centers] are significantly lower than most doctors but the care you receive is amazing...The clinic is warm, inviting and very clean. It is conveniently located with lots of free parking. Although it may time a while before you can be booked for your first appointment, it is well worth the wait!...[nurses are] Kind, knowledgeable and caring! They were also very easy to contact with questions or concerns
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Dr. Amols was very patient and took time to get to know me and my husband as well as our history! He diligently worked to find out why we were not getting pregnant! He wanted to take time to explore all options and run additional tests to diagnose us!
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
He is kind, funny, caring and compassionate. He loves his job and he has a great understanding of what it is like to deal with infertility and undergo IVF. He is a wonderful guy and even now that we have a baby, I still keep in contact with him and visit his office and staff!
He is the best and worth the wait of your first appointment. Do not waste your time with any other dr or clinic
Dr Amols costs are significantly lower than most doctors but the care you receive is amazing
Dr. Amols preferred to transfer multiple embryos.
Gilbert

The office [New Direction Fertility] is very busy and it sometimes felt like the staff forgot to provide important information. I often had to ask or remind them.... The pricing is reasonable. Most of the fees are posted on the website so you can more easily estimate cost of treatments. This is helpful but remember that some things (diagnostic services and medication) are not included in package prices.... All nurses that I was in contact with were very nice and compassionate. Some were not as organized as others. I never felt like I knew what was coming next. I had to do a lot of my own research to understand the processes. I had one incident with miscommunication between the nurses that postponed one of my IUIs causing me to have to reschedule a flight and pay for additional medications.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Dr. Amols is personable and compassionate. I felt like he truly cared about the success of our treatments. He takes time to answer questions. The office is very busy and it sometimes felt like the staff forgot to provide important information. I often had to ask or remind them.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols is a talented physician. He recognized an anomaly I had right away when other physicians had not. He has good bed side manner and spends time explaining information in details and answering questions.
Have questions written down and ready for each appointment. Review bills and ask questions if you do not understand/agree.

3 IVF, Donor Eggs
They [New Direction] are extremely organized, clean, professional, and have great success rates/stories. They respond to your questions immediately and make sure to address all aspects of your treatment plan. They work with you on everything the best they can...They treat you like family...Maggie responds to your questions immediately. She is super friendly and makes you feel comfortable...
3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
They are extremely organized, clean, professional, and have great success rates/stories. They respond to your questions immediately and make sure to address all aspects of your treatment plan. They work with you on everything the best they can.
Dr. Amols is pretty amazing. I wish we would have found him first. Unfortunately he is now the third doctor that I am seeing. He knows exactly what you are going thru, he is patient, and he finds the best treatment plan for your particular situation. His office is organized, clean, and professional. They treat you like family.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
He is knowledgeable and creates a treatment plan that will work for you. You are not treated as a number or the same as every one else. Your plan is customized to your history for the best results in the future.
Havent discussed cost at this time. They bill everything thru insurance and I have paid a co pay up to this point. Which is great. The last clinics I was at didnt take insurance, which was frustrating.
Gilbert

The [nurses at New Direction Fertility Centers] respond back to you very quickly. Their Klara application makes it really easy to send and recieve messages. Don’t bother calling though, you never really end up getting ahold of anyone...IVF is 4,600 if you add PGS testing it’s 6,000 plus 300 anesthetist fed and lab fee of 1000.00 There is also a separate 500 ICIS fee...It takes a really long time to become a new patient. Their waiting list can be up to 6 months long. People travel from all over the USA to see Doctor A. You WILL end up frustrated at some point! If you are from out of state, and can afford to come to them for ultrasounds, I would. I feel like there is more of a connection that way, and better care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers.
The respond back to you very quickly. Their Klara application makes it really easy to send and recieve messages. Don’t bother calling though, you never really end up getting ahold of anyone. The nurse that takes blood often misses your vein, and you have to be poked a few times. I think they have students doing the blood draws.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Mark was always in a good mood, and happy to see you. He truly loves his job, and it shows. His family also went through the IVF process. So he knows how stressful it can be. They ended up with two boys, and two girls. He is also always happy to answer any of your questions.
It’s a long process, and it sometimes can take a few months to figure out what the best plan of action is.
Gilbert
Susan [at New Direction Fertility Centers] was great explaining everything financial. The office is lovely and very clean and updated. I believe the lab has updated equipment. ... Also it was incredibly stressful not to ever have a good overview of the process or know exactly what was coming next. I really was just a number here.... The total for one round with pgs was about $7,000
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Susan was great explaining everything financial. The office is lovely and very clean and updated. I believe the lab has updated equipment. It was easy to get to and close to my work. I think Dr Amols knows what he is doing but I just feel that he is trying to treat too many patients and that he does really listen to his patients. He is absolutely convinced he knows what is best for every woman. Also it was incredibly stressful not to ever have a good overview of the process or know exactly what was coming next. I really was just a number here.
Everything was not explained well at all. My questions were rarely answered. I was asked to use some app to contact all office staff including the doctor. They did not even get to many of my questions.
They were all way to busy.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
He is a nice guy but has a tremendous ego. He did not take my questions or concerns seriously and was incredibly defensive when I questioned him about anything. Though I felt he was a good doctor, I found him to be very condensending.
He is cheaper, but you get what you pay for.
Microsose lupron protocol. Trigger shot was half dose.
The total for one round with pgs was about $7,000
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
The clinic [New Direction Fertility Centers-Gilbert] was clean. I loved that everything could be taken care of at the facility. Except an added procedure that I had to have done at a hospital. It was very far from my home- that is my only complaint. But I'd travel that far for this facility again.... Everything is paid for separately but you can pay for a grouping of procedures if you think you'll need more than one egg retrieval.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The clinic was clean. I loved that everything could be taken care of at the facility. Except an added procedure that I had to have done at a hospital. It was very far from my home- that is my only complaint. But I'd travel that far for this facility again.
I felt that Dr. Amols and his staff took time with me at each of my appointments. They made me feel comfortable, answered questions and helped guide me during the process
They were welcoming and friendly. Made me feel comfortable.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
We appreciated how honest and up front Dr. Amols was with us. He helped us understand the importance of the procedure and that it may not work. He didn't get our hopes up but kept us hopeful. I felt confident with his skills and trusted him to do whatever needed to get us pregnant.
He tells it like it is. But in this situation you don't need anything sugar-coated so it is the best way. He's also caring and personal with each of his patients.
Dr. Amols would only transfer two- at most- embryos. He had me and my potential babies' health at the top of his priority

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Strengths [at New Direction Fertility Centers] are the dr [Amols], the majority of the nurses. Weaknesses- the lack of times you get to see your ivf coordinator depending on which one you see. And sometimes a few nurses get a bit disorganized...Had a nurse fail to call in some prescriptions and had 2 different nurses tell me two different start dates and dosages for a round of ivf. Once mentioning it to doctor amols, it was immediately taken care of.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Strengths are the dr, the majority of the nurses. Weaknesses- the lack of times you get to see your ivf coordinator depending on which one you see. And sometimes a few nurses get a bit disorganized.
He took time to answer and explain everything, he called after hours to check on us and text us when we had questions or concerns or when things didn't go well, like when we miscarried.
Most of the staff is incredible. A few people are not as organized.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
He was the best doctor I have ever seen for anything. Understanding, compassionate, helpful, kind and very accommodating. Super trustworthy. He never hesitated to help in any way he could and he was always there for any questions we had. He explained everything to us over and over when I was struggling and hormonal. He is truly passionate about what he does and it shows. I just love him!
Trust his judgement but also know what is happening at each appointment. Ask questions because he will answer them and it's better to put your mind at rest than to stress.
Menopur 300units Microdose Lupron Human growth hormone Dexamethasone
$6,000 for a double ivf cycle (2 retrievals and 2 transfers total) $600 for anesthesia ($300 for each retrieval) $500 for icsi (one time fee)
He lets you choose either one or two to transfer.

6 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
They [New Direction Fertility] neglected to submit my visit to my health insurance within the allotted 90 days. Afterwards it was too late to do so. Then they proceed to bill me for the visit. I had to file an appeal. It took me a year to get it settled.... The prices are very good, but keep in mind that the meidcatin may cost you over $300/day, as they did for me, and the clinic will not give you any samples so you're on your own to purchase all meds. Also. They did not tell me what days I would need to take the menopure right before the retrieval,
6 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The prices are very good, but keep in mind that the meidcatin may cost you over $300/day, as they did for me, and the clinic will not give you any samples so you're on your own to purchase all meds. Also. They did not tell me what days I would need to take the menopure right before the retrieval, so I ended up purchasing extra. Communication could be better. AGAIN- HAVE A NURSE AVAILABLE TO ANSWER YOUR PHONES. Front desk staff know nothing about the medcations.
Super difficult to get into see Dr. Amols. Even in an emergent condition, he told me to go to the ER for an U/S instead of into his office during a weekday while they were open. Also staff is so busy they never answer the phone. Impossible to reach a nurse or billing coordinator. Frustrating.
Professional and well-trained. Def. knew their stuff.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Smart Dr. and very cheerful, but the practice is too busy for him to give each client the time they need. He sets no additional time for urgent visits. I liked talking to him because he seems to be very honest, and I'm sure he is very good at what he does. But I developed peritonitis post egg retrieval and he was not able to see me.
Cross your fingers and pray that nothing goes wrong.
cycle cost $1000. Drugs were $300 per day
Gilbert
Front desk staff [at New Direction Fertility Centers-Gilbert] is nice, billing is a little disorganized. However, they have a new patient communication system that is great and convenient, much better than having to call and try to reach someone.... Nursing staff was amazing! Very helpful and knowledgeable and always willing to answer any and all questions you may have.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Front desk staff is nice, billing is a little disorganized. However, they have a new patient communication system that is great and convenient, much better than having to call and try to reach someone.
Dr Amols forms a personal connection from day 1. He shares his own experience with infertility and talks about WHY he does what he does.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr Amols is amazing. He is extremely knowledgeable and good at what he does! He is extremely compassionate and that shows in his manner, as well as his pricing. He believes that cost should never be a reason for someone to not be able to have a baby. We loved our experience with him!
He is very smart, but can sometimes seem blunt, or quick. This is just because he’s very busy! He will still make you feel like the only patient that matters.
All of the pricing is located on the website. They help you order meds from Europe so they’re cheaper. Our round of IVF cost 4800 and meds were around 3000. Embryo storage is 500 a year.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality
[New Direction Fertility Centers has] Great pricing, amazing doctor, and awesome messaging app so you dont have to call them all the time. They do turn over staff frequently, mostly the Medical Assistants, but everyone is friendly and helpful.... Retrieval 1 was Lupron Flare, 4 retreived 3 fertilized, 2 to blast 0 PGS normal. Retreival 2 was Lupron Co Flare, 6 retreived 5 fertilized, 2 to blast, 1 PGS normal (a boy!) Retreival 3 was Lupron Co Flare with HGH, 20 retreived 14 fertilized, 6 to blast,2 PGS normal
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Dr Amols is a gem with amazing bedside manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Elizabeth Lee)
Nursing staff was good and friendly. No issues
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr Amols is amazing. He is truly dedicated to his patients and transparent, while being compassionate. He never acted like he was better than we were. Just a normal guy, who asks how you are, what you're doing over the weekend, etc. He went through IVF twice with his wife, so he gets it.
Trust the process and be patient. He knows what he's doing.
$6000 IVF w PGS
Gilbert

Overall they [New Direction Fertility Centers] are staffed appropriately to be seen at the time you arrive. Communication was sometimes confusing but I kept asking questions to understand when and how I needed to go about next steps.... Speak with others to make sure you understand the timing and your responsibilities of which meds to take when and where to get meds that aren’t expensive. Stay on top of communications and don’t be afraid to ask questions. They are really helpful and always willing to answer.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Overall they are staffed appropriately to be seen at the time you arrive. Communication was sometimes confusing but I kept asking questions to understand when and how I needed to go about next steps.
He took time to make a connection with us and get to know us personally.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
He was completely involved and candid but gentle about every decision. Sometimes communication wasn’t clear and it was likely because they do this daily and it was my first time. The nurses were supportive and made the experience as understandable as possible. The staff was helpful with scheduling.
We went right to icsi because of our situation.
$8000 plus meds
He was clear with me and we made a decision based on his prediction that transferring just one would be best at the time. It worked!
Gilbert

Weaknesses-front desk staff [New Direction Fertility Centers] can be aloof at times. Some communication issues between front desk and lab. Strengths-staff makes you feel like you’re part of a community/family. They share your excitement.... Maggie was very laid back and reassuring. She knows her stuff and explained things very well.... IVF with ICSI-6000, sedation for retrieval-300, various labs/scans-about 800. We are paying out of pocket.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Weaknesses-front desk staff can be aloof at times. Some communication issues between front desk and lab. Strengths-staff makes you feel like you’re part of a community/family. They share your excitement.
Extremely personable. Remembered my job after one meeting. Jokes around but is also professional and informative.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Maggie )
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
So kind. Explains things well. Extremely knowledgeable. Has experienced infertility himself so is very relatable. Has a sense of humor that makes you feel at ease, but also gets to the point and tells it like it is. He makes you feel like he truly wants the bes for you.
Relax-you’re in good hands.
Antagonist meds. ICSI. Frozen transfers.

Endometriosis, Male Factor
It took me 6 months too get my first appointment it was frustrating but I am glad I waited. Everyone [New Direction Fertility Centers] is kind and knowledgeable. I feel like they care vs just being treated as a patient x. They are helpful for people who are paying out of pocket on ways too save money and their prices are lower. I feel like the main goal is too help people have the families they want vs just making money.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
It took me 6 months too get my first appointment it was frustrating but I am glad I waited. Everyone is kind and knowledgeable. I feel like they care vs just being treated as a patient x. They are helpful for people who are paying out of pocket on ways too save money and their prices are lower. I feel like the main goal is too help people have the families they want vs just making money.
He is very friendly and caring.
She is friendly and knowledgeable. She answers all emails promptly.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
I am getting ready too use Dr. Amols for my 3rd ivf cycle my first with him, so far I’ve had a great experience he is knowledgeable and kind. He has been through infertility so I think that makes him more compassionate. He really cares he isn’t just in this for the money.
The wait too get a appointment is long but it’s worth the wait.
We are getting my eggs ready for a ivf cycle so right now I am on Metformin since I have insulin resistance I am on 1500 mg
Gilbert

The nursing staff [at New Direction Fertility Centers] was always friendly and knowledgeable. I never felt like they were in a rush and they always took time to answer email questions.... The only weakness was that sometimes the front desk staff was not great at communicating what happens next - next appt, calling back, etc. But, they were in a transition period with new staff so I'm sure that's all that was.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
He remembered us each time we came in and had an open and honest, compassionate bedside manner.
The nursing staff was always friendly and knowledgeable. I never felt like they were in a rush and they always took time to answer email questions.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr Amols was wonderful. He took time to fully explain any issues we had and was open and honest during the entire process even when it was bad news. I always felt like I could call if I had a question.
To come in to your initial appointment open minded.
egg retrieval, human growth hormone, acupuncture (recommended a place), all other standard injectibles. I'm sorry, I don't remember much more. it was all a blur.
reasonable compared to other nearby clinics.
Said he would not to more than 2 in a transfer unless there were very specific concerns about the transfer not taking.
Gilbert

The clinic [New Direction Fertility Center] was organized, clean, and had a great atmosphere. Everyone was kind, caring, professional, and compassionate. They all made the whole process so much easier than the other clinics I had been to previously. Honestly the only issue I ever had was that I couldn't pay my bill online...They [nurses] were all super professional, helpful, caring and compassionate.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The clinic was organized, clean, and had a great atmosphere. Everyone was kind, caring, professional, and compassionate. They all made the whole process so much easier than the other clinics I had been to previously. Honestly the only issue I ever had was that I couldn't pay my bill online.
He sat down and spent time talking to us and did not act like he was in a hurry. He also answered and addressed questions and concerns without acting like it was an inconvenience.
They were all super professional, helpful, caring and compassionate.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
He was absolutely amazing! He even called me at home to go over my husband's seman analysis instead of making us go in for another appointment. He was kind, compassionate, caring and had wonderful bedside manner.
Expect him to be forthcoming and not sugar coat everything.
I honestly only remember that we induced my cycle and used clomid and one other medication.
Insurance covered some of our treatment. I don't remember what portion was ours

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
Front desk [at New Direction] could use some work. No one really seemed to have answers to simple questions. Beautiful office Wait times were the best I’d ever seen! I think only once I had to wait for a long time. Everyone is kind. I think there needs to be a better system for giving out the same information for simple questions.... Everyone was kind but I felt like no one really knew what was happening with my personalized care.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Front desk could use some work. No one really seemed to have answers to simple questions. Beautiful office Wait times were the best I’d ever seen! I think only once I had to wait for a long time. Everyone is kind. I think there needs to be a better system for giving out the same information for simple questions.
He spent adequate time at every appointment making sure I understood things and if I was worried about something he made sure to cover why and how things work.
Didn’t see the same every time. Everyone was kind but I felt like no one really knew what was happening with my personalized care.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
He knows infertility as a doctor and as a dad. So he gets it. He is very understanding and kind. He doesn’t beat around the bush. I’ve seen many doctors and dr amols is so knowledgeable and if he doesn’t know an answer to something he will research and find out!
$4700 bass. No meds or extra appointments included.
He didn’t care, just no more than 2.