New Direction Fertility Centers

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing: OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
1760 E Pecos Rd
Gilbert, AZ 85295
480-351-8222
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend New Direction Fertility Centers to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 29Neutral: 1Don't recommend: 59.1
1 doctor
IVF, Donor Eggs
Endometriosis, Other
New Direction is a place i would definitely go again for another transfer. they are always on top of everything and never miss a beat. they always reply to my messages when needed and very sympathetic as well. the only weakness is the waitlist is really long but definitely is worth it!... very affordable! was 4800 for the treatment and the meds cost were separate and i was paying out of pocket my insurance didnt cover the treatment and some of the meds
IVF, Donor Eggs
Endometriosis, Other
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
i felt like a human cause he is amazing and he goes above and beyond for me! and really does care about me! he is going out of his way for a certain treatment i need that will help me with my transfer!
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: nicole )
she is great! she is very helpful and answers all my questions as quick as she can! but all together the staff is great! all the nurses have been absolutely awesome!
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr Amols is truly amazing! when me and my donor and my husband first met him i knew he was the one that was my doctor and his bedside manner is amazing! he really did get to know us and definitely understood what i was going thru and i havent had my transfer yet because i have had problems with lining and fluid in my uterus and surgery and all of that since 2015 and he has been there for me every step of the way!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
that he truly understands his patients and really cares and makes sure they are taken care of and that they will be in great hands with Dr Amols!
Describe the protocols Mark Amols used in your cycles at New Direction Fertility Centers and their degree of success.
my first protocol i was on estrace pills and progesterone and the estrace pills is what caused my fluid and the progesterone did not dry it up so now we are on a different protocol were i am doing a prp treatment (taking my plasma putting it into my uterus to heal the uterus and get rid of the fluid and help with lining) and i will also be doing estrogen injections and patches and the progesterone injections as well and with this protocol i havent started yet as i will start november 1rst and my transfer is november 19th!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers.
Describe Mark Amols's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Direction Fertility Centers.
i have not had a transfer yet due to my issues but he will transfer only 1 embryo due to my condition that i have that is called turner syndrome.
Gilbert
They [nurses at New Direction Fertility Centers] always call me back to my appts on time. They are also very affordable. The only con is the clinic told me my insurance did not cover treatment and I assumed that included meds too. So I paid out of pocket for meds at first, then had to call back to get my money back. When I am spending this much money I wish they had been more clear to save me time. I am glad that I was on top of things.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Its very clean, modern and has a calming atmosphere. I like that you can see the embryo lab. They always call me back to my appts on time. They are also very affordable. The only con is the clinic told me my insurance did not cover treatment and I assumed that included meds too. So I paid out of pocket for meds at first, then had to call back to get my money back. When I am spending this much money I wish they had been more clear to save me time. I am glad that I was on top of things.
He was very kind and I felt like he did a good job of explaining things in detail at our consultation. But the communication I feel like is slightly lacking. I thought we would get to choose if we were using meds for our IUI or not and I told the nurses we wanted to start with no meds, but at my baseline scan for my IUI I was given a med schedule and very confused. I trusted him and rolled with it, but still dont understand why we had to go straight to a medicated IUI.
There are quite a few. I have only seen a couple of them more than once so far. Everyone is nice, but one gave me wierd vibes like she didnt know what she was doing. Dr A told me he wanted to draw blood after my cd 9 scan to make sure I wasnt ovulating on my own too early. I asked the nurse before I left if I still needed that and she said no so I left. Then was called 15 min later to come back and get my blood drawn. Other than that I feel like they explain things well as far as next steps etc.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
I like his bedside manner. He seems like a genuinely good person that wants to help us. It was reassuring to hear that he has kids from fertility treatments too, so he understands. I cannot believe how much time he spends working and that I see him at almost every visit. He is a very hard worker.
Make sure you are ready to ask questions at your first consultation. I didn't and even though I could message the nurses later, it would have been nice to ask him directly. Also, get on the wait list soon than later. I had a 6 month wait originally.
He had me on letrozole for 5 days (cd 3-7), gonal f cd 5/7/9, rescan on day 9, triggered that night then back 36 hrs later for IUI. I understood what the drugs did, but wasnt sure why he recommended that exact protocol for us. I think I was just so happy to finally get started I didnt care.
My first consult was $300 out of pocket. IUI was $750 for all scan, bloods and the procedure itself. My meds were $200 but were partially covered by insurance. My insurance also covered testing to diagnose infertility.
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
The clinic [New Direction Fertility Centers] was easy to find and very welcoming...Everything is updated and clean...They have a retrevial coordinator and transfer coordinator who were both very helpful, but I did see several other nurses during blood draws and other appointments. For the most part all the staff is very friendly and competent.... I called in July and their next opening wasn't until November.
European, Latino
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The clinic was easy to find and very welcoming. I didn't love that I couldn't make a payment over the phone without being charged an extra fee for doing so, but I just ended up paying when I got to the clinic in person. Everything is updated and clean.
The staff was always quick to respond to any of my questions via text. I had Dr. Amols cell number and even though I only messaged him once, it was a comfort knowing he was available if I needed him. I also felt like Dr. Amols paid attention to my specific case and was very honest, but also kind with explaining my progress even when it wasn't what he had initially expected.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
He was very compassionate. He was honest with us from the first phone consult (we live out of state). He suggested we try a urologist before seeing him because he felt like that had a chance of fixing things. Ultimately, I was tired of waiting and tired of intervention and I had made my mind up to move forward with IVF at that point, but I liked that he was honest and wasn't just trying to make money. Every in person visit was comfortable and he always made me feel at ease. He explained the good and the bad and I always felt informed.
If you want him to be your doctor then sign up for a cycle now. I called in July and their next opening wasn't until November. This actually worked perfectly for us, but he's the only doc at his clinic and I believe he wants to provide exceptional care so he only takes on so many patients per cycle.
He thought I was going to be an over responder so initially my doses were on the lower side. I was on gonal-f, menupor, and then cetrotide. I ended up having to buy more meds towards the end of the cycle because I wasn't responding as we'd hoped. Thankfully, the pharmacy they use is in Scottsdale and I was able to get the extra meds the next day.
I paid the clinic a bit over 7000 for the cycle, including one transfer. Medication was probably close to 3000 maybe a little more, but I received some donated medication. I had to have monitoring appointments in my state which was close to another 3000. Finally, we paid 2000 to have our 5 embryos tested. If you are in state I believe the monitoring appointments leading up to the ivf cycle are included in the 7000, but it doesn't include preliminary testing such as HSG, saline sono etc. However, I had a saline sonohysterogram done with Dr. Amols for 300 because my state clinic wanted to charge me 1050..so it was cheaper to fly to az for the day.
I think they prefer a single embryo transfer unless there are very few eggs or other issues that might warrant transferring more. It was our choice if we wanted to transfer one or two and we elected one.
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Communication is a weakness. It's improved with a new app they [New Direction] use to text, but is still not at the level I've experienced at other clinics, where I feel more like a patient than a number. Financial communication REALLY needs some improvement. First of all, they quoted us $1200 for PGS, but failed to tell us that we'd also have to pay the lab $1800... I had a cycle delayed a month because they didn't tell me when I'd need to start medications for that cycle.
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Communication is a weakness. It's improved with a new app they use to text, but is still not at the level I've experienced at other clinics, where I feel more like a patient than a number. Financial communication REALLY needs some improvement. First of all, they quoted us $1200 for PGS, but failed to tell us that we'd also have to pay the lab $1800...we found this out when the lab called us for payment. Not a happy day. They have also been reluctant to answer questions about the cost of FET. On a better note, they do include most of their pricing online, I just wish it would be more comprehensive and up front.
Apparently Dr. Amols was very involved in care early on, but I think they've gotten very busy lately and I definitely felt like a number and like I was following a certain "recipe" that didn't apply to me individually.
You will rarely encounter a nurse after egg retrieval. I found this to be very disappointing. After retrieval, for transfers and all other questions, they go through his staff of Medical Assistants. I've always had a primary nurse at any other clinic I've been to, so this was very hard to get used to. There's a different knowledge/experience base.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols has a great bedside manner. I feel like he and his clinic have a successful system down for routine IVF patients, but don't handle "ouliers"...difficult IVF histories and older patients...well. If you don't fit their program, you're likely to fall through the cracks. Thankfully, his prices are much more fair out of pocket than most other clinics, but it adds up with failed cycles, cost of freezing, and extra transfers. Some places include this in their packages, so compare that as well. Also, they weren't up front about total PGS costs, which would have changed our decision, but we didn't know the total cost until it was too late.
Be your own advocate. You're paying them, don't be afraid to reach out and clarify things. Consider how routine your case seems to be, and consider your age.
My protocol with Dr. Amols used much lower doses of stims than previous cycles, and seemed to take forever to get to retrieval. I was on an agonist/antagonist cycle using lupron, menopur, follistim, and cetrotide. I was never really given a rationale for using this protocol, was just given the protocol.
Retrieval $4800 ICSI $500 PGS $3000 FET $2000 Storage $500/yr
Dr. Amols seems to have a bias for multiple embryo transfer, but is open to and fully explains eSET, and the risks/benefits of both.
Gilbert
His office [New Direction Fertility Centers] is clean, modern, and up to date. The techs can sometimes seem scattered or disorganized, but it has not negatively affected our care.... I didn't feel like I was rushed to get in and out of the office. I feel like they were genuinely interested in our experience rather than just administering medical treatment.... All said and done, our out of pocket costs will be about $10k. His costs were $4800 for IVF, $500 for ICSI, $300 for anesthesia, $1200 for embryo biopsy, PGS testing to the outside company was $2000, plus the cost of medications.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The phlebotomist was gentle and caring, moreso than others in my experience in other offices (they hurt!). Dr. Amols is approachable and available. His office is clean, modern, and up to date. The techs can sometimes seem scattered or disorganized, but it has not negatively affected our care. Our initial appointment was originally 6 months out, but we were able to quickly get in off of the cancellation list, which we were grateful for.
I didn't feel like I was rushed to get in and out of the office. I feel like they were genuinely interested in our experience rather than just administering medical treatment. Dr. Amols took the time to fully explain my results through the Klara texting treatment, even when I was unable to attend an appointment in person with my wife.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Maggie Francoeur )
Maggie is an excellent communicator, especially with my wife. Maggie also coordinates my sperm samples for cryotherapy, and is clear and encouraging.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols is very personable and remembers you immediately, even despite his huge patient load. When we had surprising results, he was candid in explaining our options. He has encouraged me to come in to freeze several sperm samples in order to increase our chances of success, and seems really invested in getting my wife and I pregnant.
Be prepared for the emotional toll of infertility. But Dr. Amols and his staff do a good job of easing that emotional blow.
Due to azoospermia and my sperm count being 3 sperm, Dr. Amols prescribed HCG injections three times weekly to help counteract the hormonal imbalance and potentially increase sperm production. He also prescribed ongoing sperm samples and cryotherapy to freeze any additional sperm found in each sample. We will be utilizing ICSI after our upcoming egg retrieval to increase chances of fertilization. He also referred me to a urologist to continue my care following IVF.
Dr. Amols only does frozen embryo transfers, and provides the option of transferring one or two embryos. He is clear with the success rates of each option.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Clinic [New Direction] is new and beautiful, but so busy...I messaged clinic I started my period more than 1 time, communication is through text. The nurse overlooked this message and 3 day scan was not ordered... After scans if you have any questions Dr will set you up with nurse or Cordinator to discuss...Extremely busy clinic and Dr was always rushed to get to next patient...the Dr does all your scans which is nice but they are only 5-10 minute appointments so this is the only time I had to speak with Dr.
European, Latino
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Clinic is new and beautiful, but so busy, the Dr does all your scans which is nice but they are only 5-10 minute appointments so this is the only time I had to speak with Dr. After scans if you have any questions Dr will set you up with nurse or Cordinator to discuss
Extremely busy clinic and Dr was always rushed to get to next patient, follow ups take too long to schedule
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Knowledgeable and compassionate but too busy, sometimes I felt like things the Dr told me he later contradicted himself. Like after first retrieval he told me he thought he achieved goal which was really great, 3rd cycle he wanted to change protocol and I asked why we aren't doing what we did first time, since he thought that was a good cycle, and response was it was an ok cycle.
Stay on top of things.
Microdose Lupron flare gonal menapur bcp prime. Batched cycle. Retrieved 7 eggs 2 were seperated from sac during retrieval, I was left in a lot of discomfort after retrieval, 4 fertilized 2 5 day embryos, PGs abnormal, Estrogen prime back to back cycle, gonal menapur, lead follicle only 3retrieved,2 mature 2 fertilized, too poor quality for testing or freezing 3rd cycle estrogen prime lead follicle cancelled day 7 of stim, I was monitored from out of state, Dr would not cancel sooner because he did not trust scan of monitoring Dr. Which also happened previous cycle. Later after I was told how horrible monitoring Dr was at measuring follicles at end of conversation I was told the scans weren't the problem, I was dealing with lead follicle issue.
28 Eggs Frozen
They see a lot of patients [at New Direction] but they are so on top of things. At most, I only had to wait 10 minutes after a scheduled appointment time to see the doctor. The clinic was clean, felt up to date tech-wise, and made me feel comfortable with my decision to seek treatment there... The only difficulty (if you can call it that) I had was how quickly the nurse who assisted me after my egg retrieval tried to get me up and out of the recovery room. I woke up super nauseous and in pain and they needed me to get rolling because they needed the room for another patient. I guess they typically get people up and out within 15 minutes, I think it may have taken me about 30. I did feel a little rushed to recover which wasn't super fun given how crappy I was feeling, but that was the only thing that was a little rough about my experience with the nursing staff.
28 Eggs Frozen
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
They see a lot of patients but they are so on top of things. At most, I only had to wait 10 minutes after a scheduled appointment time to see the doctor. The clinic was clean, felt up to date tech-wise, and made me feel comfortable with my decision to seek treatment there.
Dr. Amols and the nurses took the time to answer my questions quickly and were always very prompt in getting back to me with test results and medication protocols. They do see quite a few patients and sometimes things felt a little rushed during my time at the clinic, but Dr. Amols made sure to push me to get the most eggs possible and I appreciated this strategy very much.
The nurses were wonderful! They were quick to answer my questions and very helpful. The only difficulty (if you can call it that) I had was how quickly the nurse who assisted me after my egg retrieval tried to get me up and out of the recovery room. I woke up super nauseous and in pain and they needed me to get rolling because they needed the room for another patient. I guess they typically get people up and out within 15 minutes, I think it may have taken me about 30. I did feel a little rushed to recover which wasn't super fun given how crappy I was feeling, but that was the only thing that was a little rough about my experience with the nursing staff.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols was present at every monitoring appointment I had which made me feel confident that he was making sure I received the best treatment and protocol possible. He did answer all my questions, but there were times I wish I had a little more time for questions. He was always very upfront and realistic about what I could expect and made it clear he would push me to get the most eggs possible so that I had the best chance of having success when it comes time to use the eggs. He has great bedside manner and it's clear that he cares about his patients. He was able to retrieve 28 mature eggs (31 total but 3 were immature) and I was extremely happy with the outcome of treatment. I would definitely recommend him.
Make sure you have your questions written down so you are prepared to ask them as soon as he walks in the room. He sees a lot of patients, so you have to make the most of the time you have with him during appointments.
I was on one month of birth control prior to starting injections. I had my baseline ultrasound a couple days after ending birth control, then started microdose lupron injections (20 units AM and PM) the next day, continuing those until the night of my trigger shot. After 2 days of microdose lupron injections only, I started taking 75 units of Menopur in the morning and 300 units of Gonal-F in the evenings. I stimmed for 9 days on that protocol, then on the 10th day we continued microdose lupron AM and PM and 75 units of Menopur in the AM followed by 100 units of Gonal F PM because my follicles were borderline ready to go. The 11th day microdose lupron injections both AM and PM and trigger shot PM with retrieval 36 hours later.
So unbelievably affordable which made it possible for me to go through this process. $1000 for clinic fees, $300 for anesthesia, $300 per year for storage for up to 20 eggs ($100 for every 10 after).
3 IUI, 6 IVF, 6 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
This is a busy clinic [New Direction], but I never felt ignored or rushed....The location is right off the freeway and is easily accessible. Most communication is done electronically, which is easy and convenient....$4800 base price for one IVF cycle and one FET $500 for anesthesia billed separately $300 for ICSI if needed, billed separately $200 HSG...The nurse staff made some errors. I recommend all patients, no matter where they go, to pay attention, write things down, and double check.
3 IUI, 6 IVF, 6 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Again, this is a busy clinic. Call frequently to check availability for a consult if you're scheduling for the first time. Never be afraid to ask questions, especially during your appointments. The location is right off the freeway and is easily accessible. Most communication is done electronically, which is easy and convenient.
He always remembered me, my questions, answered everything thoroughly, and catered my protocol to what would work best for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Juanita)
This is a busy clinic, but I never felt ignored or rushed. The nurse staff made some errors. I recommend all patients, no matter where they go, to pay attention, write things down, and double check. Double check with the staff and never be afraid to ask questions or to call to double check something.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
This is a busy clinic, but I never felt ignored or rushed. Dr. Amols took his time with me. I was always able to schedule at convenient times. He is a compassionate, understanding doctor. And his fees are more reasonable compared to nearby clinics. I wold recommend him to anyone. You get to see Dr. Amols at every scan and procedure, so write down questions to ask if you have any because you'll get to see him every appointment.
Be your own advocate, ask questions, and double check things.
I did embryo banking due to low ovarian reserve. I did a frozen embryo transfer after the egg retrievals. I requested ICSI due to low number of eggs retrieved. I did PGS testing to make sure I transferred a normal embryo. I did an ERA because I wanted to make sure we transferred on the right day.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Great communication, staff [at New Direction] remembers you by name, great bed side manner, and they truly care about your success. They all cheered and gave me huge hugs once we had our positive pregnancy results. The only “issue”, is billing. Which I’ve heard at almost every clinic. With so many patients, it’s not a huge surprise that things happen. But, the two times that there was an issue with billing, I contacted the department and it was fixed right away without any further issue. I’d say it was smooth and not a headache to deal with.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Great communication, staff remembers you by name, great bed side manner, and they truly care about your success. They all cheered and gave me huge hugs once we had our positive pregnancy results. The only “issue”, is billing. Which I’ve heard at almost every clinic. With so many patients, it’s not a huge surprise that things happen. But, the two times that there was an issue with billing, I contacted the department and it was fixed right away without any further issue. I’d say it was smooth and not a headache to deal with.
Never once did I feel like I was a check mark on his to-do list. He remembers you by name, details about your situation, your home life, things discussed at the last appt, etc.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Brenley)
The nurses were incredible. For example, I had never been under anesthesia before. I was a nervous wreck. When I was taken back, I laid there waiting for the doctor to come in for the retrieval. As I cried, two nurses (one wasn’t even a part of my team but had seen me crying as I walked back) were by my side talking me through each step and one stroked my hair calming me. It was the “motherly touch” I needed in that moment.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols is a doctor not only that i would recommend to my closest friends and family, but IS who I’ve recommended and have sent 10-15 people to already. His communication is top notch. He is very detailed, asks you questions to make sure you understand, is very honest yet extremely compassionate with a positive nature. I saw him at every single appt starting from my consultation, through my IUI cycle, to my IVF monitoring/retrieval/and transfer. Once I did have my positive pregnancy results, I had some concerns with spotting and cramping. He took it upon himself to email me around 11:30 pm on a Saturday night to give me reassurance and peace of mind to my questions and worries. I was of course happy to move forward to a regular OB as that symbolized a healthy pregnancy and on to the next chapter, but I was very sad to leave his care. Nobody “wants” to go through fertility treatments but since that is my reality, I look forward to working with him when it comes time for baby #2.
Be ready. Once you are in his care... he’s ready to go! He always says “I love my patients and getting to see them. But my goal is to get them in and out the door on to the OB for a successful pregnancy.” He’s not in it for the money. He himself went through IVF with his wife so he understands the struggle. His goal is the help families grow at an affordable cost with quality treatments.
For my treatment, the following meds were used. Gonal-F Menopur Ganirelix And a trigger shot.
IVF- $4,800 Anesthesia- $300 ICSI- $500 PGS- $1,200 to Amols and $2,000 to the outside lab.
Dr. Amols is comfortable transferring up to 2 embryos.
Gilbert
The clinic is very nice and clean. Every time I walked in I was greeted by name. I never had a long wait time. At our new patient consult Dr. Amols took us on a tour of the facility and showed us the labs. Everything was new and they pride themselves on the best technology. After retrieval they have personal recovery rooms so you don't have to worry about sharing a room with anyone else.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
He made us feel like we were his only patients. I know he sees so so many people every day but he always remembered us and our situation. Very personable and easy to talk to about anything and everything. Every appointment felt like he remembered exactly where we left off even to the smallest details.
So so sweet! Every nurse we encountered was so helpful and kind. They were all very proficient in their different jobs.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols is very friendly and such an amazing doctor. Every appointment he did himself and it went smoothly. He answered any questions and always explained what he was doing and everything he saw during the ultrasounds. He's so personable and so easy to get along with.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. He really cares about you and will kindly answer any questions you might have.
I was on an antagonist schedule. It was male factor infertility so we did IVF with ICSI. 28 egggs retrieved, 16 fertilized, 10 embryos frozen. Currently preparing for transfer.
$4800 for the IVF process which includes all ultrasounds, blood draws, retrieval, assisted hatching, transfer, and 6 month frozen embryo storage. We had to do ICSI which cost another $500 billed at a later time. Medications are seperate.
Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
They [nurses at New DIrection Fertility Centers] were excellent and always willing to answer questions!...$1500 for testing $4600 for IVF with icsi $3500 for medications $2000 for another transfer... He [Dr. Amois] would do the ultrasound and then the office would call later that day and tell me if I needed to increase or decrease my gonal f injection dosage. Once I was about 9 days into the stims part he had me come in daily to monitor more closely. On day 11 I was ready to have the trigger shot and came in the next day to make sure that medication worked and came in the next day after that to have my retrieval. For the transfer I was on birth control again for 3 weeks. And started Lupron 20units. Once the birth control was done I dropped my dosage to 10 units and started estrogen pills 2 pills twice a day: I went in for a lining check and ended up having to increase my estrogen dosage to 3 pills 3 times a day. Then 5 days before transfer he started me on doxycycline and progesterone injections.
Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
He was always willing to sit down and answer and questions, he made us feel like he wanted us to conceive and it wasn't just another procedure for him. He was always genuine in times of loss.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Darcy )
They were excellent and always willing to answer questions!
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr A. Was extremely kind and very open with his own Fertilty issues so I always felt like he understood what not just me but my husband was going through. He was very straight forward but in a caring way. During our miscarriage he took his time to go through every option of treatment and let us have time to process things as well. He scheduled our d&c and he was the physician to perform it. He was very genuine in his care and I felt that he truly was saddened by our loss as well. I also felt at every appointment we have gone to he is always positive and excited to see where we are at. I like that I see him everytime I go and not someone else who may not know my entire history. He is patient and willing to answer any and all questions we may have had or still have.
To be excited about treatment and trust his advice but also do not be afraid to make your own recommendations or talk about things you maybe have in mind for treatment. He is willing to listen and try his best to work around your comfort levels
He started me on birth control about 4 weeks before my egg retrieval. He wanted my cycle to be in sync with when the retrieval would be. He then gave me a calendar of all my retrieval medications and when to take them and appointments scheduled out for the next few weeks. I was started on 75mg of menopur each morning and gonal f 150mg at night. Then I would go to his office every other day to be monitored and get my blood drawn. He would do the ultrasound and then the office would call later that day and tell me if I needed to increase or decrease my gonal f injection dosage. Once I was about 9 days into the stims part he had me come in daily to monitor more closely. On day 11 I was ready to have the trigger shot and came in the next day to make sure that medication worked and came in the next day after that to have my retrieval. For the transfer I was on birth control again for 3 weeks. And started Lupron 20units. Once the birth control was done I dropped my dosage to 10 units and started estrogen pills 2 pills twice a day: I went in for a lining check and ended up having to increase my estrogen dosage to 3 pills 3 times a day. Then 5 days before transfer he started me on doxycycline and progesterone injections.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
PCOS, Other
The clinic [New Direction Fertility] is beautiful, organized, and efficient. They have lots of staff members that care about you and what you are going through. From the egg retrieval, blood work, embryo transfer, and ultrasounds, the staff was great through it all. I never had a bad experience and wouldn’t change a thing...I had many nurses work with my through the fertility process. I had Darcy, Brenley, and many others help me understand my calendar and go over medications and procedures.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The clinic is beautiful, organized, and efficient. They have lots of staff members that care about you and what you are going through. From the egg retrieval, blood work, embryo transfer, and ultrasounds, the staff was great through it all. I never had a bad experience and wouldn’t change a thing.
He gave me his cell number and would be willing to talk and go over everything. Knew my name and who I was, even when I would see him at other stores.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers.
I had many nurses work with my through the fertility process. I had Darcy, Brenley, and many others help me understand my calendar and go over medications and procedures. They cared and one was even set to go through the fertility process with Dr. Amols too.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols was amazing! He met with me at every appointment and went over what was happening during the calendar we had and what to expect next. He was very quick at responding to messages and even gave me his personal number when I was worried about upcoming procedures. He knew my husband and I and helped us by relating his past situation to what we were going through. His greatest hope is to help those struggling with infertility just like him and his wife struggled with theirs.
Don’t hesitate going to him, he is personable and will help you get the results you are looking for
Dr. Amols helped me get assistance with the cost of my medication and I went on Clomid, Progesterone, and many others. He helped walk me through how to take the medications, the amounts, and possible side effects. When I got preganant, both times, I was on the Progesterone for 10 weeks to make sure my hormone level stayed up. I now have 2 healthy, beautiful girls thanks to him!
I remember that Dr. Amols worked hard to lower the fertility costs. For my egg retriever and first transfer the cost was around $5,000. For the second transfer, I paid around $2,000. The cost for yearly egg freezing is $500.
Dr. Amols will only transfer 2 embryos, at the most. We transferred 1 embryo the first time and got pregnant and then transferred the reminding 2 embryos and got pregnant with one baby.
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 4 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
We first did 3 back to back IVF cycles [at New Direction Fertility Centers], where we retrieved 5 eggs. We then tried IUI & failed. We decided to then go back to egg retrievals and did our 4th and final retrieval, which resulted in one healthy amazing egg. We got a phone call on day 3 from Almos himself stating that he would love to do a fresh transfer because of how great the quality of the egg and my lining were.
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 4 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
This is a busy clinic, so be prepared to wait to get seen as a new patient. But once you are a patient, you are apart of the family.
He is very informative, takes the time to make sure you are understanding the process and understanding it clearly. He never made me feel uncomfortable for asking certain questions. He is very sensitive and you can tell he truly cares about his patients
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Darcy)
I was in the office every other day, sometimes every day. I grew close to the staff and I felt like they were our cheerleaders. Every time we got positive news they would celebrate with us, anytime we got negative news they would comfort us.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
One thing I loved about Almos was that I saw him every appointment. He would even call on his off hours and talk to my husband & I to explain things further. He never made me feel rushed about a decision. We had a couple hiccups along the way, but he was extremely empathetic. He likes to talk, and he can be blunt. He is a great communicator. He took charge in frustrating situations and always had a back up plan for us.
To be gentle with yourself, this process is a hard one and Almos truly has your best interest at heart. Ask questions when you don't understand something fully and be your own advocate.
I got diagnosed with Premature ovarian failure from Mark Almos. We went over our options and picked to help preserve our fertility first, then work on getting pregnant. We first did 3 back to back IVF cycles, where we retrieved 5 eggs. We then tried IUI & failed. We decided to then go back to egg retrievals and did our 4th and final retrieval, which resulted in one healthy amazing egg. We got a phone call on day 3 from Almos himself stating that he would love to do a fresh transfer because of how great the quality of the egg and my lining were. We implanted on October 25th and got a positive BETA a few days later.
Almos is a lot cheaper than most RE's, total I think it came to $17,000ish
Gilbert
$500 - IUI plus the cost of medications...Everything is done at this clinic [New Direction Fertility Centers]. It has all of latest technology and equipment available. All blood and semen samples are analyzed/processed on site in their lab. Dr. Amols works every single day. Dr. Amols said that's women's fertile time isn't just on Mondays through Fridays from 8am - 5 pm, it can happen at any time and he and his staff are available everyday to meet our needs. I went in on Memorial Day so that he could do an ultrasound and check my follicles. It's very convenient for anyone to be seen at this clinic.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Everything is done at this clinic. It has all of latest technology and equipment available. All blood and semen samples are analyzed/processed on site in their lab. Dr. Amols works every single day. Dr. Amols said that's women's fertile time isn't just on Mondays through Fridays from 8am - 5 pm, it can happen at any time and he and his staff are available everyday to meet our needs. I went in on Memorial Day so that he could do an ultrasound and check my follicles. It's very convenient for anyone to be seen at this clinic.
Dr.Mark Amols has been genuinely concerned with helping us get pregnant. He has thoroughly evaluated our fertility situation and has presented us with all of our options. He is always available to answer any questions we have and makes us feel like we are his only patients.
The nursing staff is very knowledgeable on fertility issues and treatments. They execute Dr. Amols' orders very efficiently and are sympathetic to our situation.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Mark Amols is very empathetic to our situation. He has been very patient and supportive while waiting to treat us. I am anovulatory and Dr. Amols treated me for a couple of months before we could actually start our first treatment. I had a few cysts on my ovaries that needed to be cleared up before beginning treatment. We just had our first IUI last week. I have dealt with many doctors throughout my life and I have never met a doctor who is as concerned with his patients as Dr. Amols. We feel truly privileged to be under his treatment and are optimistic that he will be able to help us get pregnant. Dr. Mark Amols embodies the word -passionate- with his work.
Be patient and trust that Dr. Amols will do everything he can to help you get pregnant.
Dr. Amols suggested we begin with the least invasive form of treatment, an IUI. He suggested this because we were able to get pregnant on our own about 4 months before seeing him, just by taking Clomid. The pregnancy resulted in a miscarriage. All of this occurred before seeing Dr. Amols. His rational was that if we were able to get pregnant only by taking Clomid, we should not have too much trouble getting pregnant again using IUI and improving our chances.
$500 - IUI plus the cost of medications
2012 - 2015
They [New Direction] are very organized and understanding and sympathetic as soon as you walk through that door they're very welcoming it doesn't feel like you're going into a doctor's office it feels like you're walking into your mom's house or a family member's house it's very comfortable... I loved the whole staff no issues at all it felt like going to my second home... We had insurance so it paid diagnosis so we just had to pay a specialist fee co-pay
2012 - 2015
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
They are very organized and understanding and sympathetic as soon as you walk through that door they're very welcoming it doesn't feel like you're going into a doctor's office it feels like you're walking into your mom's house or a family member's house it's very comfortable and your nerves is very quick
I felt like a human with Dr amols because he was respectful and listened. I did not feel rushed. I felt like we could sit there all day and listen to us. I felt like he was hurting with us. He even told us his own experiences with his wife and what they went through. He literally knew what we were going through, which made me feel more comfortable. He was very compassionate when things didn't work out like our insurance not paying he even gave us low-cost options which was pretty amazing.
Just like dr. Amos it seemed like he picked the right stuff they were all understanding and listened and we're sympathetic I loved the whole staff no issues at all it felt like going to my second home
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Mark Amols was absolutely amazing like I said he's very compassionate and understanding and listens there has been other doctors in the past that don't seem to care what you have to say and that's different with dr. Amols he'll actually sit there and listen to you. My husband and him even talked about football so he felt like a good friend and it made us feel more comfortable he was very thorough on what was wrong. And he explained every procedure and medication.
If you want a doctor that understands and that makes you feel comfortable and that actually listens to you go to dr. Amols
We first tried Clomid and he explained what day of my cycle I needed to take it and when it was supposed to end and how long it was supposed to last and when I should have been ovulating I also came in and did ultrasounds to check and see if the eggs were maturing like they were supposed to.
We had insurance so it paid diagnosis so we just had to pay a specialist fee co-pay which was 30 every visit and then we got told the IVF would be our only option so 4800 was what he was offering which is really good at the time we just could not afford
We never got that far so no comment
Gilbert
I don’t have any complaints about the clinic [New Direction Fertility Centers]. They are all really awesome there. I think the only thing that I would say is sometimes there wouldn’t be anyone at the front desk and I would have to wait for someone so that I could pay my co pay or schedule my next appointment. The clinic is very clean and the whole staff is so nice!
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
I don’t have any complaints about the clinic. They are all really awesome there. I think the only thing that I would say is sometimes there wouldn’t be anyone at the front desk and I would have to wait for someone so that I could pay my co pay or schedule my next appointment. The clinic is very clean and the whole staff is so nice!
He is a fantastic doctor and doesn’t give false hope. He will talk you through every step of what’s going on and has so much empathy for his patients. I only wish I had unlimited funds so that my husband and I could try for another baby.
The were all really nice and empathetic to what I wasn’t going through.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr Amols is a skilled doctor that I would recommend to anyone going through infertility. Him and his staff are excellent. I always left his office feeling knowledgeable about what I was going to be doing. He takes the time to talk about what he’s doing every step of the way. He always made me feel so comfortable.
Trust in what he says. He doesn’t beat around the bush.
I would always start with a baseline ultrasound on cycle day 3. Then I would start the femara and gonal-f. I can’t quite remember what cycle day I would start those on and can’t rwmeber t. Once my follicles matured enough I would do the trigger shot and come in for my IUI 36 hours later.
It was significantly cheaper than other clinics. My insurance covered a small portion of the procedure but none of the medication.
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
For Ivf [at New Direction Fertility Centers] it was around $5000...Medicine $3500...Embryo biopsy $1200...Iui $750...No weakness. Strength : good location, beatiful and clean office. Even though they are busy, they try their best to see you at your scheduled appointment time. You just need to show up little earlier than your scheduled time...The whole nurse team was amazing. Very well communicative, supportive and very reachable. There were times i would freak out on simple matter, they are all very caring and compassionate anout their patients.
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
He is very empathetic, kind person. Every single time we met, he made us feel hopeful. He knows what he is doing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Maggie)
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
He has awesome bedside manner. Very well communicative. I have never seen such a compassionate doctor. He remembers his every patient. He followed his treatment protocol amd our 1st ivf was successful where other doctor told us we have less chance to succeed.
Trust him. Follow his protocol. He knows what he is doing. He has different treatment plans for each patient and with him its never one size fits all kind of treatment. He adjusts his protocol according to patients needs.
My protocol for ivf was antagonist protocol. He increased / decreased my dosages based on every bloodwork they did. i was strictly monitored during my cycle.
For Ivf it was around $5000 Medicine $3500 Embryo biopsy $1200 Iui $750
I decided to go with multiple embryo transfer and it was solely my decision. We did pgs testing and sll our 4 embryos came perfect.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
[New Direction Fertility Centers is a] Very clean office. Nice front desk. I like that every time I have called I have talked to someone. I appreciate it when they transfer a call someone picks up the phone. if someone doesn't have the answer they will find out and get back to you soon. the financial team is helpful as well. I like that they have Kiara so we can text ?s back and forth.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
They were very easy going. He talked to us like we were friends not patients. Gave us a sense of comfort knowing we can do this again.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Maggie Francoer)
they are compassionate and nice. they get back to me immediately with the answer to my ?s.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
He is a caring and knowlegible dr. He made us understand the process with him and made us feel like we are capable of doing another round. We decided to see him because of the price and the feedback we got from others. He made the appointment more personal and friendly. Was able to talk to him like a friend. Which helped my husband feel more comfortable.
I don't really have any... Just make sure you feel that all your questions are being answered. He will answer any ?
I have not started my next IVF cycle with him. We start (fingers crossed) in April/May. This will be our first round with him. This is not our first cycle. It all depends on the next ultrasound.
IVF package $4800 PGS biopsy $1200 PGS $2000 ICSI $500 Anesthesia $300
He said if we have 2 good viable embryos this time we will put in both because of my last loss.
None, Other
Clinic [New Direction] was clean and nicely decorated. The front office staff never said hi or bye or made us feel Welcomed. The first treatment they sent my prescription to the wrong pharmacy and i told them 2-3 which location it needed to be.... the staff was never nice and never remembered or checked the charts that we have to use donor sperm and it was a constant reminder because they always made comments that we would use his sperm.
None, Other
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Clinic was clean and nicely decorated. The front office staff never said hi or bye or made us feel Welcomed. The first treatment they sent my prescription to the wrong pharmacy and i told them 2-3 which location it needed to be. That was a horrible night running all over trying to get it.
We did IUIs so i didn’t feel as important as the IVF patients. Probably because i didn’t pay as much. He never did blood work on me or checked to see if I was even ovulating. I felt like we wasted $6k on 3 IUIs with him and the staff was never nice and never remembered or checked the charts that we have to use donor sperm and it was a constant reminder because they always made comments that we would use his sperm.
I didn’t care for them. One girl in particular put me in a bad mood because she just looked unhappy to be there.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols was nice but he didn’t treat us like an important patient. After the 3 IUIs we decided to change clinics and see someone knew. Dr. Amols barely did any blood work on my and my new clinic did so much testing and found out i was a carrier for CF. Dr. Amols never told me that.
If you are doing IUIs don’t waste your time. They only care about IVF patients and they don’t do detailed testing.
Two cycles with clomid and a trigger shot and the last iui was with Femara and trigger shot.
$750 for the iui and $25 for the visits
Gilbert
This clinic [New Direction Fertility Centers] is extremely busy. I don’t feel that they have any outside resources available for their patients and spouses or if they do no one offered them to us. The nurses and assistants have been nice but I wish they would return my phone calls with a call and not a message on the office messaging system...$300 hsg .. 750 iui 400 Meds for iui .. 50 for doctor visits .. 100 for sperm analysis each time
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
This clinic is extremely busy. I don’t feel that they have any outside resources available for their patients and spouses or if they do no one offered them to us. The nurses and assistants have been nice but I wish they would return my phone calls with a call and not a message on the office messaging system. With that being said, Dr Amols is a great doctor. He is very personable
When I first started going, I would call with questions and someone would be there to answer or would call me back. The last couple months my calls are returned by a message on a messaging system leaving no room for me to ask additional questions if I thought of others. Some prefer messaging over talking but I prefer to talk to someone.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr Amols has great bedside manner. He answered our questions and helped prepare us for treatments! I did feel that he was overly busy at times trying to keep up with his patient workload. Although when he was present he helped put our minds at ease by talking to my husband and I during treatments
Come prepared to every appointment with questions written down. The appointments can feel overwhelming and you may forget to ask questions
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Strengths of the nursing staff [at New Direction Fertility Centers] was they all seemed very friendly, and organized. Weakness- would've liked to know to know them personally since that was the down to earth vibe you got from Dr A. Also sometimes you felt like they were being spread very thin and had a lot going on... he does batch cycle his patients, which wasn't an issue for me because it meant he was able to be more present and see me each visit.
European, Black or African-American
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Strengths- the doctor, feel comfortable, trustworthy Weakness- not much staff for the demand, but they make it work
Amazing bedside manner, you can truly tell he cares and is in it to get you your take home baby, not just another number or a pay day like other doctors made me feel
Strengths of the nursing staff was they all seemed very friendly, and organized. Weakness- would've liked to know to know them personally since that was the down to earth vibe you got from Dr A. Also sometimes you felt like they were being spread very thin and had a lot going on
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
As a patient I felt like I had no need to worry. Dr A has continued to make me feel like I (and our future babies) are in great hands. He performed every single ultrasound himself and took the time to explain the process and what to expect every step of the way!
Be prepared to be treated more like a friend and less like a patient
Being that this was my first IVF/ injectable cycle, I had a high antral follicle count secondary to PCOS we went with an antagonist protocol. I started with BCP; as he does batch cycle his patients, which wasn't an issue for me because it meant he was able to be more present and see me each visit. I had no hick ups during my IVF process and his protocol got me a great number of eggs
Approx 6-8,000 for IVF cycle 2800 for medications for IVF cycle 400 for frozen embryo transfer 1200 for PGS embryo biopsy fee
I was educated on the risks of multiples but given the choice to transfer one or two. I didn't feel very pressured either way, but felt very educated on possibilities of both. Dr A has twins via IVF so he was able to give a first hand perspective as well which was nice.
Gilbert
The office [New Direction Fertility] is very busy and it sometimes felt like the staff forgot to provide important information. I often had to ask or remind them.... The pricing is reasonable. Most of the fees are posted on the website so you can more easily estimate cost of treatments. This is helpful but remember that some things (diagnostic services and medication) are not included in package prices.... All nurses that I was in contact with were very nice and compassionate. Some were not as organized as others. I never felt like I knew what was coming next. I had to do a lot of my own research to understand the processes. I had one incident with miscommunication between the nurses that postponed one of my IUIs causing me to have to reschedule a flight and pay for additional medications.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Dr. Amols is personable and compassionate. I felt like he truly cared about the success of our treatments. He takes time to answer questions. The office is very busy and it sometimes felt like the staff forgot to provide important information. I often had to ask or remind them.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols is a talented physician. He recognized an anomaly I had right away when other physicians had not. He has good bed side manner and spends time explaining information in details and answering questions.
Have questions written down and ready for each appointment. Review bills and ask questions if you do not understand/agree.
3 IVF, Donor Eggs
They [New Direction] are extremely organized, clean, professional, and have great success rates/stories. They respond to your questions immediately and make sure to address all aspects of your treatment plan. They work with you on everything the best they can...They treat you like family...Maggie responds to your questions immediately. She is super friendly and makes you feel comfortable...
3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
They are extremely organized, clean, professional, and have great success rates/stories. They respond to your questions immediately and make sure to address all aspects of your treatment plan. They work with you on everything the best they can.
Dr. Amols is pretty amazing. I wish we would have found him first. Unfortunately he is now the third doctor that I am seeing. He knows exactly what you are going thru, he is patient, and he finds the best treatment plan for your particular situation. His office is organized, clean, and professional. They treat you like family.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
He is knowledgeable and creates a treatment plan that will work for you. You are not treated as a number or the same as every one else. Your plan is customized to your history for the best results in the future.
Havent discussed cost at this time. They bill everything thru insurance and I have paid a co pay up to this point. Which is great. The last clinics I was at didnt take insurance, which was frustrating.
Gilbert
The [nurses at New Direction Fertility Centers] respond back to you very quickly. Their Klara application makes it really easy to send and recieve messages. Don’t bother calling though, you never really end up getting ahold of anyone...IVF is 4,600 if you add PGS testing it’s 6,000 plus 300 anesthetist fed and lab fee of 1000.00 There is also a separate 500 ICIS fee...It takes a really long time to become a new patient. Their waiting list can be up to 6 months long. People travel from all over the USA to see Doctor A. You WILL end up frustrated at some point! If you are from out of state, and can afford to come to them for ultrasounds, I would. I feel like there is more of a connection that way, and better care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers.
The respond back to you very quickly. Their Klara application makes it really easy to send and recieve messages. Don’t bother calling though, you never really end up getting ahold of anyone. The nurse that takes blood often misses your vein, and you have to be poked a few times. I think they have students doing the blood draws.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Mark was always in a good mood, and happy to see you. He truly loves his job, and it shows. His family also went through the IVF process. So he knows how stressful it can be. They ended up with two boys, and two girls. He is also always happy to answer any of your questions.
It’s a long process, and it sometimes can take a few months to figure out what the best plan of action is.
Gilbert
Susan [at New Direction Fertility Centers] was great explaining everything financial. The office is lovely and very clean and updated. I believe the lab has updated equipment. ... Also it was incredibly stressful not to ever have a good overview of the process or know exactly what was coming next. I really was just a number here.... The total for one round with pgs was about $7,000
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Susan was great explaining everything financial. The office is lovely and very clean and updated. I believe the lab has updated equipment. It was easy to get to and close to my work. I think Dr Amols knows what he is doing but I just feel that he is trying to treat too many patients and that he does really listen to his patients. He is absolutely convinced he knows what is best for every woman. Also it was incredibly stressful not to ever have a good overview of the process or know exactly what was coming next. I really was just a number here.
Everything was not explained well at all. My questions were rarely answered. I was asked to use some app to contact all office staff including the doctor. They did not even get to many of my questions.
They were all way to busy.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
He is a nice guy but has a tremendous ego. He did not take my questions or concerns seriously and was incredibly defensive when I questioned him about anything. Though I felt he was a good doctor, I found him to be very condensending.
He is cheaper, but you get what you pay for.
Microsose lupron protocol. Trigger shot was half dose.
The total for one round with pgs was about $7,000
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Strengths [at New Direction Fertility Centers] are the dr [Amols], the majority of the nurses. Weaknesses- the lack of times you get to see your ivf coordinator depending on which one you see. And sometimes a few nurses get a bit disorganized...Had a nurse fail to call in some prescriptions and had 2 different nurses tell me two different start dates and dosages for a round of ivf. Once mentioning it to doctor amols, it was immediately taken care of.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Strengths are the dr, the majority of the nurses. Weaknesses- the lack of times you get to see your ivf coordinator depending on which one you see. And sometimes a few nurses get a bit disorganized.
He took time to answer and explain everything, he called after hours to check on us and text us when we had questions or concerns or when things didn't go well, like when we miscarried.
Most of the staff is incredible. A few people are not as organized.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
He was the best doctor I have ever seen for anything. Understanding, compassionate, helpful, kind and very accommodating. Super trustworthy. He never hesitated to help in any way he could and he was always there for any questions we had. He explained everything to us over and over when I was struggling and hormonal. He is truly passionate about what he does and it shows. I just love him!
Trust his judgement but also know what is happening at each appointment. Ask questions because he will answer them and it's better to put your mind at rest than to stress.
Menopur 300units Microdose Lupron Human growth hormone Dexamethasone
$6,000 for a double ivf cycle (2 retrievals and 2 transfers total) $600 for anesthesia ($300 for each retrieval) $500 for icsi (one time fee)
He lets you choose either one or two to transfer.
Gilbert
Weaknesses-front desk staff [New Direction Fertility Centers] can be aloof at times. Some communication issues between front desk and lab. Strengths-staff makes you feel like you’re part of a community/family. They share your excitement.... Maggie was very laid back and reassuring. She knows her stuff and explained things very well.... IVF with ICSI-6000, sedation for retrieval-300, various labs/scans-about 800. We are paying out of pocket.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Weaknesses-front desk staff can be aloof at times. Some communication issues between front desk and lab. Strengths-staff makes you feel like you’re part of a community/family. They share your excitement.
Extremely personable. Remembered my job after one meeting. Jokes around but is also professional and informative.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Maggie )
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
So kind. Explains things well. Extremely knowledgeable. Has experienced infertility himself so is very relatable. Has a sense of humor that makes you feel at ease, but also gets to the point and tells it like it is. He makes you feel like he truly wants the bes for you.
Relax-you’re in good hands.
Antagonist meds. ICSI. Frozen transfers.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
It took me 6 months too get my first appointment it was frustrating but I am glad I waited. Everyone [New Direction Fertility Centers] is kind and knowledgeable. I feel like they care vs just being treated as a patient x. They are helpful for people who are paying out of pocket on ways too save money and their prices are lower. I feel like the main goal is too help people have the families they want vs just making money.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
It took me 6 months too get my first appointment it was frustrating but I am glad I waited. Everyone is kind and knowledgeable. I feel like they care vs just being treated as a patient x. They are helpful for people who are paying out of pocket on ways too save money and their prices are lower. I feel like the main goal is too help people have the families they want vs just making money.
He is very friendly and caring.
She is friendly and knowledgeable. She answers all emails promptly.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
I am getting ready too use Dr. Amols for my 3rd ivf cycle my first with him, so far I’ve had a great experience he is knowledgeable and kind. He has been through infertility so I think that makes him more compassionate. He really cares he isn’t just in this for the money.
The wait too get a appointment is long but it’s worth the wait.
We are getting my eggs ready for a ivf cycle so right now I am on Metformin since I have insulin resistance I am on 1500 mg
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
Front desk [at New Direction] could use some work. No one really seemed to have answers to simple questions. Beautiful office Wait times were the best I’d ever seen! I think only once I had to wait for a long time. Everyone is kind. I think there needs to be a better system for giving out the same information for simple questions.... Everyone was kind but I felt like no one really knew what was happening with my personalized care.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Front desk could use some work. No one really seemed to have answers to simple questions. Beautiful office Wait times were the best I’d ever seen! I think only once I had to wait for a long time. Everyone is kind. I think there needs to be a better system for giving out the same information for simple questions.
He spent adequate time at every appointment making sure I understood things and if I was worried about something he made sure to cover why and how things work.
Didn’t see the same every time. Everyone was kind but I felt like no one really knew what was happening with my personalized care.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
He knows infertility as a doctor and as a dad. So he gets it. He is very understanding and kind. He doesn’t beat around the bush. I’ve seen many doctors and dr amols is so knowledgeable and if he doesn’t know an answer to something he will research and find out!
$4700 bass. No meds or extra appointments included.
He didn’t care, just no more than 2.
Gilbert
The doctor is amazing! His support staff [New Direction Fertility Center] is not quite as competent but as long as you ask questions and follow up with them when necessary it’ll be fine. I did have to make several calls to make sure things were happening but it was worth it for the Affordable office.... Ivf with ICSI and PGS testing $8100... They [nurses] were all very nice and supportive but it was a little chaotic at times.... Dr. Amols saw me at every appointment and was very thorough.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The doctor is amazing! His support staff is not quite as competent but as long as you ask questions and follow up with them when necessary it’ll be fine. I did have to make several calls to make sure things were happening but it was worth it for the Affordable office.
Dr. Amols saw me at every appointment and was very thorough. He made sure we understood all that was happening and didn’t make us feel pressured or rushed.
They were all very nice and supportive but it was a little chaotic at times.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
He is very sympathetic to couples struggles trying to conceive. He tries to make the process as easy as possible even though no one really wants to be there. He is also affordable because he believes doctors shouldn’t take advantage of couples who can’t conceive.
Trust him throughout the process.
Ivf with ICSI and PGS testing $8100
We discussed implanting two embryos to give us the best chance of at least one sticking since we had many losses. He discussed the strategy but also advised we could have twins - which we did and we were thrilled!!
Gilbert
[New Direction Fertility Centers-Gilbert is] Organized, clean, open - meaning space wise. They don't hid any procedures. You can even see the lab which I love.... Personable and knowledgeable is the best way to describe every nurse I came into contact with.... One time I had an appointment scheduled for a follow up, but never got a confirmation call. So I called to confirm and I wasn't on the schedule. But they were able to correct it and still get me in on the same day.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
He remembered me and my situation at every appointment. He leveled with me on the good and the bad. And he didn't make me feel rushed during appointments.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Mark Amols is the kind of Dr anyone, is think, would dream of having. Not only was he professional and intelligent, he made me and my husband feel comfortable and confident. He took the time to explain anything we didn't understand without seeming inconvenienced.
I can't recall specifics, but I was on estradiol, menopur and gonal f. I wasn't reacting to the gonal f liked he hoped, so he adjusted my dosage every time I saw him according to what I needed.
I paid maybe $1000 out of pocket because I had insurance coverage.
No comments other than he allowed us to transfer 2, untested embryos with no hesitation.
Endometriosis, PCOS
Strengths are getting you in and out andswering your questions. The clinic [New Direction] is absolutely beautiful and clean and modern. Spared no expense. One thing that I don't like is how long it takes to get an appt for an evaluation... [Nurse] Always helpful and answer my questions promptly. Never make me feel dumb for asking.... And the thing I love the best is how personal he [Dr. Amols] is and how comfortable I feel going into his office
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Strengths are getting you in and out andswering your questions. The clinic is absolutely beautiful and clean and modern. Spared no expense. One thing that I don't like is how long it takes to get an appt for an evaluation
Made me feel like I was the only one being treated at his office
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
MR amols has always been very respectful and made me feel like infertility is not a bad thing. Very helpful and understanding. And the thing I love the best is how personal he is and how comfortable I feel going into his office
Go in with an open attitude
Lots of tests. If you know what you want to do he is very supportive of that as well
Very competitive!
Haven't gotten to that point yet
Endometriosis, PCOS
Dr. Amols [of New Direction Fertiity Centers] is the best doctor I've had contact with (I work in healthcare). He is caring, warm, funny and extremely knowledgeable. I would recommend him to anybody....Don't be afraid to ask questions. He takes his time to answer them all and explains everything thoroughly....I was on an antagonist protocol. I have PCOS and responded well. 23 eggs retrieved, 21 mature, 21 fertilized....$4800 for IVF including ICSI and 6 months of embryo storage
European, East Asian, Other
Endometriosis, PCOS
Dr. Amols and his staff are all so caring and patient. He never makes me feel rushed and has a wonderful bedside manner.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols is the best doctor I've had contact with (I work in healthcare). He is caring, warm, funny and extremely knowledgeable. I would recommend him to anybody.
$4800 for IVF including ICSI and 6 months of embryo storage
Gilbert
I don't have 1 negative thing to say about the office [New Direction Fertility Centers]. I'm so glad I found them. Dr.Amols made everything less scary and him and his staff are extremely professional. They are also affordable compared to other places...I did a couple rounds of clomid and timed intercourse. No results. Clomid dosage was increased with trigger shot for IUI. Negative result...Dr.amols is so compassionate and extremely knowledgeable. Him and his wife struggled with infertility so he is able to empathize. He talked to us for over an hour and well past business hours and didn't make us feel like we were taking up his time.
Latino, Middle Eastern
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
I don't have 1 negative thing to say about the office. I'm so glad I found them. Dr.Amols made everything less scary and him and his staff are extremely professional. They are also affordable compared to other places.
Very passionate and personable. Relatable
IVF, Egg Freezing
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
IVF, Egg Freezing
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Mark truly cares about our story. He wants to help.
They also care and want to learn
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Mark is compassionate and wants to help. He gets to know your story and is eager to find a way for you to have a baby. I appreciate his model (low cost to help more people) and his customer service is not compromised even though he sees more people. He uses technology to his advantage and you can tell he has invested a lot in his business to get results. He is intelligent and you can tell he knows what he is talking about.
Go slow. His energy is contagious so you can move quickly but be sure to ask questions and make sure you feel comfortable