New Eng Fertility - Stam

Genetic counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication is not offered: Not Offered
1275 Summer Street
Stamford, CT 06905
203.325.3200
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend New Eng Fertility - Stam to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 49.5
1 doctor
2013 - 2014
Every person who works there [New Eng Fertility ] makes an effort to get to know you and makes you feel cared for. I had pleasant interactions with everyone there. The people who work at NEFI are professional, competent, and compassionate. If for some reason you find the larger metal speculums uncomfortable, I would suggest that you request a smaller size to make certain procedures more comfortable for you.
2013 - 2014
Describe your experience with New Eng Fertility - Stam.
Every person who works there makes an effort to get to know you and makes you feel cared for. I had pleasant interactions with everyone there. The people who work at NEFI are professional, competent, and compassionate. If for some reason you find the larger metal speculums uncomfortable, I would suggest that you request a smaller size to make certain procedures more comfortable for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gad Lavy at New Eng Fertility - Stam?
Everyone from the the front desk staff, to the billing personnel, to the ultrasound techs, to the nurses, to Dr. Levy himself were always courteous, friendly, knowledgeable, and supportive. I always felt like they remembered me from visit to visit and were always sure to ask about my partner and my family. Additionally, whenever I had a question, they always returned phone calls and emails in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Eng Fertility - Stam. (Assigned nurse: Francie)
Francie was very thorough in her explanations of the planned course of action for each cycle and was always willing to field my questions . She was very supportive during my entire process and responded to my phone calls in a timely fashion.
How was your experience with Gad Lavy at New Eng Fertility - Stam?
Dr. Lavy has a calm and serious demeanor. He is also very thoughtful before he moves forward with procedures. He speaks very matter of factly and explains things in a way that is easy to understand. When my hysterosalpingogram (HSG) results were inconclusive, he explained to me the next procedure I would need and why. Once that procedure also came back inconclusive, he talked to me about why he believed I should use Clomid for my first IUI. I only tried Clomid for one cycle before he suggested that I use injectable fertility drugs. He explained that he felt that my body didn't respond as well as he had hoped to Clomid. At this time, he was also sure to explain that injectable fertility drugs would increase my chances of conceiving multiples. After taking fertility drugs for my second cycle, I conceived our twins.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gad Lavy at New Eng Fertility - Stam?
While he may not come off as being overly warm due to the fact that his facial expressions are often serious and his tone of voice always communicates the same level of calm, please be reassured that he is knowledgeable and has a plan.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gad Lavy at New Eng Fertility - Stam.
Because Dr. Lavy was a participating provider in our health plan at the time, we just had to pay co-pays for our visits. However, most of our fertility drugs were not covered, and we had to pay out-of-pocket for most of those. That being said, NEFI gave us the names of some pharmacies that offered us discounts on certain fertility drugs.
4 IUI, 3 Embryo Freezing, IVF, Surrogacy
Organized and efficient. Nice facilities [New Eng Fertility- Stamford]. Occasionally had to push for sooner procedure dates because I was able to think more creatively about how to make it work-then they would always accomodate. The billing was easy-out of pocket but straightforward. One very small pharmacy miscommunication occurred and they paid for the extra meds... The coordinator and nurse were excellent. Very responsive by phone and email and clearly reached out to dr. Lavy when appropriate
4 IUI, 3 Embryo Freezing, IVF, Surrogacy
Describe your experience with New Eng Fertility - Stam.
Organized and efficient. Nice facilities. Occasionally had to push for sooner procedure dates because I was able to think more creatively about how to make it work-then they would always accomodate. The billing was easy-out of pocket but straightforward. One very small pharmacy miscommunication occurred and they paid for the extra meds
Overall excellent. He explained thing clearly. He really understood the gestational carrier process and when things Weren’t going as expected I felt very confident that he really thought about why and what to do neXt
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Eng Fertility - Stam.
How was your experience with Gad Lavy at New Eng Fertility - Stam?
Overall excellent. He was very optimistic. As a physician myself sometimes I wanted to know more about the potential bad outcomes but I think for most his Level of optimism would be perfect His experience w gestational carriers was really helpful and he trained his staff very well
Ask about what to expect when things do not go as planned
Describe the protocols Gad Lavy used in your cycles at New Eng Fertility - Stam and their degree of success.
Frozen transfer of PGS normal embryo (single) to a proven GC w lupron, oral estrogen and IM PIO
About $7000 for FET. 1200 a year for storage. $5000 for GC screening
Describe Gad Lavy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Eng Fertility - Stam.
We only wanted to do single
2009 - 2010
They [staff at New England Fertility] always knew who I was, always answered my questions, knew I could call at any time and get answers.... I met with Dr. Levy for a consultation after taking a six month break from the fertility madness. My husband and I were impressed with him from the get go. I felt like he listened to me and to what I felt was not working from my previous experience. He gave me his opinion on what should be the next steps and together I felt like we established a clear plan of attack to move forward with. In the end, the collaborative plan was successful.
2009 - 2010
The staff always knew my name and were very personable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Eng Fertility - Stam.
They always knew who I was, always answered my questions, knew I could call at any time and get answers.
How was your experience with Gad Lavy at New Eng Fertility - Stam?
Personable, good bedside manner. Felt very comfortable under his care, always answered questions and put my mind at ease. I was previously under the care of another top fertility clinic in the Stamford/Norwalk area for almost two years. I left that practice because I felt like I was being pumped with hormones and that there was no clear plan or strategy with regard to my fertility issues. I met with Dr. Levy for a consultation after taking a six month break from the fertility madness. My husband and I were impressed with him from the get go. I felt like he listened to me and to what I felt was not working from my previous experience. He gave me his opinion on what should be the next steps and together I felt like we established a clear plan of attack to move forward with. In the end, the collaborative plan was successful.
Have your own plan going in and compromise, a doctor and patient should meet in the middle, because as a woman you know your body better than anyone else.
IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
He [Dr. Lavy of New England Fertility] is really supper nice. He makes everyone feel comfortable in a special way. In a sense, when you battle w fertility you may become very sensitive and you want to feel by someone who cares for you. Dr. Lavy , in his unique way will make you feel that way.
IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
If I need to think of what makes Dr. Lavy different to others, it will be his personality.
How was your experience with Gad Lavy at New Eng Fertility - Stam?
He is really supper nice. He makes everyone feel comfortable in a special way. In a sense, when you battle w fertility you may become very sensitive and you want to feel by someone who cares for you. Dr. Lavy , in his unique way will make you feel that way.