4 Columbus Circle

Stay on top of him [Dr. Merhi], and make sure you go to monitoring 7am-9am if you need to talk with him. Other than that you're left to random Dr's or RNs sending follow up emails...is jovial, and seems knowledgeable about general IVF. But, i'm not confident that he's able to monitor each of his cases individually because of the volume. He also suggests his Ozone Sauna Treatment (Research) 2 times a week for 3 weeks...but it's an additional $1500. Dr. Merhi is nice, but nice doesn't do Individualized care as I thought would happen.
New Hope is great with being "hopeful" about their goals, protocols, volume and results. However, there have been several occasions with my care that I had to speak up in regards of the lack of clear communication, protocols not clearly communicated or explained, Not willing to try other protocols or explain why, The OR not getting proper communication before my procedure. Over billing, Labs not ordered, RX not called in, and getting a different RN who doesn't follow my case closely each week. I expressed my frustration and disappointment with several emails, and one of the sonogram techs had to pull me aside to tell me how things are done. And how to navigate to survive the process. Considering the volume, I felt like I was treated like a number Doctor Nps
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Merhi is jovial, and seems knowledgeable about general IVF. But, i'm not confident that he's able to monitor each of his cases individually because of the volume. He also suggests his Ozone Sauna Treatment (Research) 2 times a week for 3 weeks...but it's an additional $1500. Dr. Merhi is nice, but nice doesn't do Individualized care as I thought would happen.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Stay on top of him, and make sure you go to monitoring 7am-9am if you need to talk with him. Other than that you're left to random Dr's or RNs sending follow up emails.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Zaher Merhi used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I was never told which specific agnostic or type. Just learning this myself via research. They wanted to do Natural IVF, But I reminded them that I wanted to do Mini IVF. I started with half of Isisbloom BCPs, Monitoring, Chlomid, Letrizol and then Trigger and retrieve. I have to do more rounds of retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: She never followed up, so I asked for someone else! Jasmine)
After I asked about communication improving, they seemed to make an effort. But, went back to their old ways.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strength: Rates for unlimited monitoring good. Time to get monitored good. Ultrasound Techs Nice Volume Egg Retrievals are done in both phases including Luteal-so that no eggs get left during retrieval. The OR team very efficient, compassionate and nice. Billing Team very efficient. Weakness: Bad with communication
Well oiled machine. Sign in, Screen Monitoring, and name appears on the list.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center.
A little over $6 K total, not including meds $150
Describe Zaher Merhi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
They recommend single embryo transfer. I am not at that stage.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
Communication need to be improved. I like the rates, but not sure if I am sacrificing care.
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr. Olcha loves what he does, he's extremely talented at it, but above all else he truly cares about his patients and their outcomes. He is patient, honest, thorough, and proactive. He is an excellent communicator. We feel like he is a part of our family now, and can't imagine going through any future cycles without being under his care...He provided his personal email and we were able to communicate as needed (though I tried to be respectful and not inundate him). He was the first doctor to call me after a procedure to check in and make sure I was feeling ok. Even on his days out of the office he was responsive to emails if they were urgent. I was really able to let go of my fears and just trust him, and I got the impression all of his patients feel the exact same way. He is a rare find and is invested in every patient and their future family as if it's an extension of his own family. He is stuck with us a
I had been given conflicting information about the status of my embryos [at New Hope Fertility Center]...The nurses are wonderful. I had one instance of the wrong drug information being communicated which probably had more to do with different doctor's taking over my chart after an egg retrieval than a nurse error...takes lots of insurances and doesn't balance bill, so they are one of the more affordable options as far as I have heard. I think there are enough doctors that no matter what you are dealing with, your background, or your concerns, you can find a doctor that is a good fit for you. I wish I had spoken to a couple doctors before getting started because I probably would have gone with Dr. Olcha right away and had a much better experience throughout. I am sure there are doctors at the clinic just as loved by others for different reasons (though I maintain he is a gem!!)
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
I think I already covered this in the last question. But to add a little more colour, I grew up a physician's daughter and was treated in my father's medical community by his colleagues until I was an adult. I was used to doctors treating me like their own daughter. Now of course as I independently navigate the health sphere I understand just how rare it is to find a doctor who treats you like family, especially when you're a perfect stranger. Dr. Olcha loves what he does, he's extremely talented at it, but above all else he truly cares about his patients and their outcomes. He is patient, honest, thorough, and proactive. He is an excellent communicator. We feel like he is a part of our family now, and can't imagine going through any future cycles without being under his care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Ask for him first.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Where to begin. I had seen three other doctors at the same clinic as every time I had a procedure, whoever was assigned to perform it that day sort of took me over. All of the doctors were professional and knowledgable, but it weren't a good fit for me personally, especially because being passed around lead to errors in communication, resulting in the wrong medication being prescribed, an extremely painful endoscopy without any pain medication, and other unpleasantries. I was feeling very disheartened and beginning to lose trust. Dr. Olcha went above and beyond from day one. He immediately reassured me that things were indeed on track even though I had been given conflicting information about the status of my embryos after NICS (he is the Director of NICS so I went with his opinion in the end!). He provided his personal email and we were able to communicate as needed (though I tried to be respectful and not inundate him). He was the first doctor to call me after a procedure to check in and make sure I was feeling ok. Even on his days out of the office he was responsive to emails if they were urgent. I was really able to let go of my fears and just trust him, and I got the impression all of his patients feel the exact same way. He is a rare find and is invested in every patient and their future family as if it's an extension of his own family. He is stuck with us as long as we need a reproductive endocrinologist for as long as he is practicing!
Describe the protocols Meir Olcha used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
By the time I switched to Dr. Olcha, it was in time for my first transfer. There was some debate about whether to go for a third IVF cycle/egg retrieval because we hope for a large family, but ultimately we decided to do the transfer after two cycles. So far so good!
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
I think this is very personal. The waiting room is extremely diverse. Infertility effects everyone and I was happy to see everyone comfortable coming to the same place for treatment. NHFC takes lots of insurances and doesn't balance bill, so they are one of the more affordable options as far as I have heard. I think there are enough doctors that no matter what you are dealing with, your background, or your concerns, you can find a doctor that is a good fit for you. I wish I had spoken to a couple doctors before getting started because I probably would have gone with Dr. Olcha right away and had a much better experience throughout. I am sure there are doctors at the clinic just as loved by others for different reasons (though I maintain he is a gem!!)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center.
We had amazing insurance and were incredibly grateful. I honestly don't have a sense of what we spent out of pocket because the overwhelming majority was covered and then we weren't balance billed.
Describe Meir Olcha's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
I can't speak to this but we transferred one embryo.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
I have several drug allergies and when I was passed between doctors, it was like they hadn't even read my chart. It was clear from their questions they did not even know the cause of our infertility. I was given BC for another retrieval round even though I was headed for transfer and since I'm so drug sensitive I had horrible headaches for days for no reason. Just frustrated me at the time on top of everything else and just the general stress of all the meds and hormones. I was never informed I had "switched" doctors (I hadn't), so when a new doctor who had been assigned to do my egg retrieval then ordered an endosee and spent all of 10 seconds explaining what was involved, I trusted them to move forward with this plan and assumed it was routine/ordered by the primary doctor overseeing my care. I will spare you the details, but the endosee, which we could not complete, was traumatic for me and the most pain I have ever felt in my life. In my opinion, the doctor took the procedure much too far witnessing the level of pain I was struggling with, and did not even return to the room to check on me afterwards even though I was sobbing. Given my history it should have never been performed without sedation (both my retrievals were under anesthesia) and it was clear to the primary doctor overseeing my care that I could not take vicoden or valium (allergic) which were offered to me the morning of... thus I was not administered anything for pain at all. Being offered these meds was my first tip that this was not a mild procedure (and that again important details about my medical history weren't coming up at critical times) and I felt extremely ill prepared going in. Looking back I still can't believe it happened. You do have to be flexible because your retrievals and transfers have to be timed perfectly and you get who is assigned that day, but you really need to learn to advocate for yourself and not hesitate to ask questions, raise eyebrows, trust your gut, and reiterate things about your unique case to make sure nothing falls through the cracks. Eventually Dr. Olcha performed a hysteroscopy on me under anesthesia. He discovered mild cervical stenosis, tried a water ultrasound, sono (I think), and performed a mock transfer to make sure that on the day of it would be smooth sailing. I was so grateful for his patience and it felt like he went above and beyond even though what he encountered was trickier than he expected. I felt so relieved and that he maximized the opportunity to explore my condition during a single procedure.
New Hope Fertility Center
I trust [Dr. Makarov's] intellect and experience, but felt in the dark quite often about why things were being done the way they were. I liked knowing what was happening and would have to bother the nurses to explain everything...Also, being 42 I don't think the doctor advised me accurately from the start at how slim the chances were of having good enough eggs and embryos without abnormalities. She is skilled and intelligent, and great at her job, but could have let us know how small the chances were before we got into it. We could have opted for a more aggressive treatment cycle.Keep notes of questions you want answered at the visits. After monitoring she has to run elsewhere, and doesn't have time to discuss side effects, make predictions etc. On one hand, it's nice not to have a "performer" giving false assurances, on the other, it would be nice to hear some positive thoughts on the process...We did mini ivf both times...The first 2 that made it to blastocysts were complex abnormal and not recommended for transfer.
Oksana [nurse at New Hope] was the main person I met with, but quite often emails would come from whoever was on staff, even if I never met them before. They would try to be detailed and when they would send emails missing information, I would have to ask for clarification, and they would send it...I would have liked if the clinic provided more than one sit down consultation with the doctor. Before starting a second IVF, I would have liked that they met with me, discussed what they think went wrong, and how they were going to address it for the next one. They should have told me, after the first egg retrieval, that I should prepare immediately for another, and the reasons why. Instead I was presented papers to sign I could barely understand, while waking up from sedation, by a disgruntled employee who didn't want to deal with me, or my collapsing recovery chair, being told that I was to have another egg retrieval for the first time.
How was your experience with Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center?
I trust Makarov's intellect and experience, but felt in the dark quite often about why things were being done the way they were. I liked knowing what was happening and would have to bother the nurses to explain everything.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center?
She's on the 3rd floor, not the 4th which feels like a mall during busy times. People remembered me, and answered my emails.
Describe the protocols Jennifer Kulp Makarov used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We did mini ivf both times. The second time around we used more GonalF per dose, so that we could get more follicles and more chances for successful embryos. The first 2 that made it to blastocysts were complex abnormal and not recommended for transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: So many people were wonderful)
Oksana was the main person I met with, but quite often emails would come from whoever was on staff, even if I never met them before. They would try to be detailed and when they would send emails missing information, I would have to ask for clarification, and they would send it. This part was frustrating, just send an email with everything a patient would want to know.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Clean, beautiful, conveniently located, organized and modern. On-site lab. Cookies or banana bread with coffee and infused water for people waiting. I disliked how hard it was to consistently take my blood - multiple people fumbled this.Frequently caused pain that would last the rest of the day and into the next for the next draw. Only 2 people could consistently successfully find my veins. The 4th floor had an inexplicable air freshener that was so strong, it filled the elevators. It stung my eyes the first time I visited. The billing "cashier" is off putting and has a very disinterested and bored attitude, and is in the same room as the rest of the people waiting their turn to make their dreams come true. They need to change that. The wake up after egg retrieval was so harsh - the chair kept falling backwards and I was jolted awake from the anesthetic. Not cozy or warm and the person dealing with me seemed to hate her job and made me sign something when barely cognizant. No doctor or nurse to talk to you afterwards to help you feel any dignity. I left with blood on my hand left from the anesthesiologist and just feeling incised. Instead of heading home to relax and recuperate, I asked for a meeting with the client care coordinator and submitted my complaints. The good is that they do care about their client experience and want to grow and expand. So they seemed interested in how they could do better.
The 3rd floor monitoring experience was nice. There was a screen for the 4th floor appointments with people's names coming up that were not in the room. Not sure why that was there. There was coffee, tea, water and snack. It was quiet and intimate and not as perfumed as the 4th floor. The upstairs monitoring is sometimes standing room only and a well oiled machine. But still can mean a wait for over an hour some days.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center.
For the first egg retrieval we were covered by insurance. The second time, our plan had changed and it was out of network. 2750 for egg retrieval and fertilization (ICSI). 550 for anesthetic. 750 for NICS PGS testing (which includes free ICSI) and 1200 for freezing...some additional costs as well.
Describe Jennifer Kulp Makarov's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
We didn't get to that phase.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
I would have liked if the clinic provided more than one sit down consultation with the doctor. Before starting a second IVF, I would have liked that they met with me, discussed what they think went wrong, and how they were going to address it for the next one. They should have told me, after the first egg retrieval, that I should prepare immediately for another, and the reasons why. Instead I was presented papers to sign I could barely understand, while waking up from sedation, by a disgruntled employee who didn't want to deal with me, or my collapsing recovery chair, being told that I was to have another egg retrieval for the first time. I'd also would have liked to have had an opportunity to speak to my doctor with my pants on, at her desk, and not in the exam room, about my case, with her halfway out the door. They booked her solid and ultimately I stopped seeing her and didn't care. Next, the billing cashier ran my partners credit card for a charge without notifying us first. She also didn't allow me to get on the wait list for the final blood draw before the egg retrieval until I paid. I waited a half hour thinking I was soon to be called up. The charges were all explained and she told me what the charges would be. Then gave me the receipt, and told me she'd email the receipt too (never did). Then my partner gets a cc notification that another 550 was charged, without an email notifying us that this was happening or a receipt to our emails. Overall, the cashier is the most demoralizing of the experience. I have no problem paying for services rendered but to make me line up like I'm buying tacos at a food truck is just not respectful of our time or money in a room that's supposed to be about "hope". Also, being 42 I don't think the doctor advised me accurately from the start at how slim the chances were of having good enough eggs and embryos without abnormalities. She is skilled and intelligent, and great at her job, but could have let us know how small the chances were before we got into it. We could have opted for a more aggressive treatment cycle.
Jennifer Kulp Makarov

2015 - 2019, Successful
One of my main criticisms of New Hope is that you don't regularly see or speak with a doctor. You mainly work with the nurses -- via email. So it feels impersonal. If you make a request and the doctor is available during monitoring, Dr. Merhi for instance would come into the room and chat with you. He is very personable and kind and treats you like a human for sure.... The relationship with the nurses at New Hope is quite odd -- mainly just via email. You hardly ever get to see them bc they are not drawing the blood or doing the sonograms. Generally difficult to get a nurse on the phone.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Merhi did my transfer that resulted in my little one - so I will forever be grateful. He has a great bedside manner and is very personable and obviously he is skilled at transfers. A year or so later, when I went back to try for number two, my transfer with him did not succeed (not saying it was anything he did, could have just been the odds game). Then I decided to try to create more embryos, and had a failed attempt on a cycle. When I discussed the failed IVF attempt, he really didn't offer any tweaks or adjustments to my protocol. It was kind of - it is what it is at your age. You just need to try again and maybe you will get a good egg next time. I felt like this was a bit disappointment. I'm not sure how knowledgeable he is on the various protocols and research being done in the infertility areas.
Do your research, ask a lot of questions, demand that a specific doctor follow your protocol.
Mini-IVF: clomid, letrozol and follistim, followed by Ovidrel as a trigger shot. For the transfer, progesterone suppositories and estrogen pills.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The relationship with the nurses at New Hope is quite odd -- mainly just via email. You hardly ever get to see them bc they are not drawing the blood or doing the sonograms. Generally difficult to get a nurse on the phone. I have had it happen on a number of occasions where I receive conflicting emails info from nurses. Also it has become a big hassle to get your prescriptions called in. They email the protocol to you with your meds and you say, please call into X pharmacy and they respond "please email [insert email] regarding prescriptions." Seems like we shouldn't be worrying about this and that the calling in of prescriptions should be handled better. Caused a bit of stress for me bc I had to repeatedly follow up on prescriptions being called in.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The wait time for regular monitoring and sono is pretty short -- they run like a well-oiled machine in this regard. They also have good hours 7-2, so it doesn't interfere with work too much. I do believe that the lab / embryology dept. there is quite good and the folks working in the lab are top of the game -- you can email them as well with questions and they are responsive. Herminio (in embryology) is really great and compassionate and helped us through some stressful times. I wish there was more interaction with your primary doctor - -in fact, I didn't even feel like I HAD a primary doctor at all. I sometimes felt like maybe nobody was really focusing on my protocol. Again, I did have success at New Hope in 2015/2016, and it is more recently that I've grown concerned about the level of care I am receiving. NH could potentially be a one-protocol kind of place -- not sure how customized the treatments are. The cost at New Hope is also much more reasonable than other places, so that's a plus (assuming of course you are getting the care you need and want).
Egg retrieval & fertilization (excluding monitoring and drugs) ran around $4500 (with anesthesia). This was pretty reasonable comparatively.
Dr. Merhi transferred 2 normals for me -- ended up with one baby.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
I received conflicting information from nurses on one occasion, which was disconcerting. I also had trouble getting prescriptions called in.
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr. Merhi was wonderful with consultation. However he did not due my retrieval, didn't follow up with me whatsoever, and basically was almost non existent throughout the process.... He is very nice but consultations with him seemed rushed. He didn't really ask questions or informed us much what was coming next. He started us off with an IUI (natural cycle) which didnt work. We moved on to Mini IVF and he never called, emailed, or followed up with me before or after IVF. At this point I dont even think I am his patient.
The clinic [New Hope Fertility Center] is amazing as a whole. The monitoring is very self explanatory and easy. You go in and wait for your name to come out in the screens, and they tell you exactly where to go. I liked the facility and the ease it has... The nursing staff there is fast and efficient. Monitoring is a breeze. If you go early youll be in and out in no time. The coordinator sometimes responds a little late but she is very nice.... The billing department is not as well ran as the nurse and sonogram staff.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Be prepared to not see him, he will not follow up with you.
Dr. Merhi was wonderful with consultation. However he did not due my retrieval, didn't follow up with me whatsoever, and basically was almost non existent throughout the process. A Dr. Zhang I believe was the one to do my IUI and my retrieval.
Dr.Merhi began with a natural IUI cycle since I already ovulate on my own. I dont know why I dont get pregnant. After it failed he didnt call me or follow up. I called the clinic and told him I wanted to do IVF which his answer was ok no problem and just sent me to a coordinator to explain meds for IVF. I was on clomid 100mg and Gonal F for about 10 days. Again, didnt see him or hear from him. Retrieval was coordinated by nurses and another RE in the clinic was the one to do the procedure.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Samantha Brown)
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is amazing as a whole. The monitoring is very self explanatory and easy. You go in and wait for your name to come out in the screens, and they tell you exactly where to go. I liked the facility and the ease it has
Monitoring was the best part of this experience. Everyone is so nice and efficient
IVF-4000 Medications- Gonal F and Clomid- 1500 Monitoring per month 800 IUI 800 Egg Transfer 3000 (Havent done this yet but we have to pay it soon) 750 PGS Testing per embryo... we are doing 3 embryos 2250 in total
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
The billing department is not as well ran as the nurse and sonogram staff.
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr Merhi is kind, communicative and responsive. He always gave me information directly l, and at times bluntly, but emphasized his belief that we will have success.... Dr Merhi is thoughtful, on top of the latest developments in the field, willing to think outside the box and incredibly supportive. He is very responsive to emails and always made time for me when I asked either via phone or in person. He even dropped everything he was doing on one day to perform an emergency retrieval after my first retrieval didn’t go as planned. He’s been able to adjust along the way while remaining very positive
Nice facility where treatment is MUCH more affordable than other NYC area facilities. They [New Hope Fertility Center] bill as you go, so you don’t have to plunk down the full cycle costs when you start. Very flexible monitoring hours - 7am - as late as 2pm some days. It can be a bit of a factory at times, and there have been a few days where I’ve had to wait 45-60 min for monitoring.... Limited contact with my assigned nurse. The nurses generally communicate via email which is convenient, though it can be very difficult to get someone on the phone at times.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr Merhi is thoughtful, on top of the latest developments in the field, willing to think outside the box and incredibly supportive. He is very responsive to emails and always made time for me when I asked either via phone or in person. He even dropped everything he was doing on one day to perform an emergency retrieval after my first retrieval didn’t go as planned. He’s been able to adjust along the way while remaining very positive - almost disconcertingly so at times. Very satisfied with him.
Be persistent. He will make time for you but you need to stay in front of him or connect with his coordinator to get on his schedule. He is very busy so don’t be afraid to push!
Mini IVF (clomid, letrozole, 150 follistim) Conv IVF (clomid, letrozole, 225 follistim)
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: MeiDan)
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Nice facility where treatment is MUCH more affordable than other NYC area facilities. They bill as you go, so you don’t have to plunk down the full cycle costs when you start. Very flexible monitoring hours - 7am - as late as 2pm some days. It can be a bit of a factory at times, and there have been a few days where I’ve had to wait 45-60 min for monitoring.
Monitoring hours are very flexible here. Weekdays are 7am - 2pm, weekends are 7am - 12pm which was huge selling point for me. Scans are done by techs and not MDs. Some of were much better than others but nearly all were quite competent.
Consult $350 Unlimited monitoring for 30 days - $800 Retrieval + ICSI + freezing + PGS - 4000
He prefers PGS tested blasts, eSET but is very open to multiple transfers of day 3 or mosaic embryos.
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr Merhi is trying a more natural approach. I am currently on estradiol. He also had me take hgh for an 6 week period. Also he provide me with a free trial of ozone therapy for 8 weeks. I also had an ovarian rejuvenation done as well. ... Dr Merhi was the first doctor in a long time to try to use my own eggs. I was initially going to him for the egg donor program and he told me to try with my own eggs first.
Billing sucks, they [New Hope Fertility Center] don’t get back to you ever. You literally have to harass them. Communication with the nursing staff isn’t the greatest. But the clinic is a well oil machine in a good way. You can be in and out of monitoring in 30 to 45 mins which is great for people who have to work. Very clean facility and the staff is nice. It’s very conveniently located too.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr Merhi was the first doctor in a long time to try to use my own eggs. I was initially going to him for the egg donor program and he told me to try with my own eggs first. When you are with Dr. Merhi he gives you his undivided attention. He answer all your questions and is very personable. He has great bed side manner and makes you feel very comfortable. But yes there is a but.... here are my dislikes... His email response could be better and yes I understand they are busy but isn’t that a part of your job. Also I went two months without seeing him at any of my monitoring although he would provide instructions via email. I am currently still being treated by him so let’s see. I will give another review when everything is completed.
Email! Email! Email! Would be your best form of communication with him.
I wouldn’t say Mr.Merhi treated me like a number but more like the clinic. Dr Merhi always addresses me by my first time each time he see me.
Dr Merhi is trying a more natural approach. I am currently on estradiol. He also had me take hgh for an 6 week period. Also he provide me with a free trial of ozone therapy for 8 weeks. I also had an ovarian rejuvenation done as well. After six month of not ovulating I finally ovulated two eggs but the second one was too small. They received one egg and that a lot because the first time I had egg retrieval I had no eggs. But my embryo did not make it to blastocyst. I am now back for my second go at it and it has been 5 months since my last egg retrieval.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Sometimes the provide incorrect instructions or dose mix ups and drug mix up. Also I received my email really late in the day
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Billing sucks, they don’t get back to you ever. You literally have to harass them. Communication with the nursing staff isn’t the greatest. But the clinic is a well oil machine in a good way. You can be in and out of monitoring in 30 to 45 mins which is great for people who have to work. Very clean facility and the staff is nice. It’s very conveniently located too.
No complaints
Fairly reasonable
Didn’t get to the point
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
The doses amount was translated in units instead of mg. Also type of pill I am taking her mixed up sometimes. But they do have an emergency number too call
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr. Merhi is confident and cheerful and I can truly appreciate that feeling of optimism. He did one of my retrievals and it was so painful, but that was perhaps due to a follicule being, as he put it candidly, “in China”. I don’t interact with him as much as I’d like. I really would love more phone calls but I do feel I can assertively seek him out and will be ensured a response.
New Hope is a bustling and big clinic. ... I wish that someone had provided a personal orientation to the clinic! It’s so hard to navigate these places under high stress and alone. I didn’t understand processes and felt overwhelmed by self advocacy and confusion. ... Nursing staff is more communicative through the patient portal. ... I’d love a counselor to be on staff permanent and as a feature of care for the patient.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Prepare yourself for a big clinic. Alter your expectations if you think this will be a more personal exchange. I am having a very different experience than I had with Dr. Davis of RMA but I believe in the clinic’s competence.
New Hope is a bustling and big clinic. I had come from an experience with Dr. Joseph Davis at RMA which was intimate and human to human. Dr. Davis left his practice and since I had frozen eggs with NHFC, I am now with Dr. Merhi. I really appreciate his cheerful optimism and true willingness to try with me. Although the place is high paced and run like a machine, I feel confidence in the practice.
Initially, I went in to freeze eggs. Dr. Merhi suggested I fertilize them as he instructed embryos had better survivability. My status with my partner did not allow the confidence to move ahead so I froze eggs. I tried, several months later (after my relationship ended) two donor sperm IUIs (one with Dr. Davis-RMA and one with Merhi’s staff). IUI was unsuccessful and I wasn’t thrilled that the Merhi’s clinic kept me waiting, delayed in the reception area bc of some administrative error. I made a written comment but did not receive a reply. Now, I’ve moved on to create one embryo and one mosaic embryo. I am on the verge of meeting with my doc to talk about the viability of the mosaic. I am surprised I wasn’t told about mosaics in my first fertilization round / genetics testing, but Merhi says that it wasn’t available then.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Nursing staff is more communicative through the patient portal. I was slow to understanding this and therefore felt frustration when I wasn’t getting phone calls. Generally the staff is kind, one junior doctor (a female) is not compassionate.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Generally, these guys are a well-oiled machine. Only once, after many monitoring experiences that went well, did they have an admin issue and make me wait even though I had been cleared by Finance! The nurses providing the sonograms are generally nice and competent.
Insurance is mercifully covering monitoring (I still pay $40 copay). The genetics tests is expensive $2-$5K. The retrievals are $1500-2000.
Merhi will move one at a time. Although, and I will find out, he may move 1 normal and 1 mosaic together.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
My issue is one of communication. In a high stress time, I really need someone to sit with me and speak clearly, explaining my options. I’ve gotten much savvier in this process, but the stress was tough. I’d love a counselor to be on staff permanent and as a feature of care for the patient.
New Hope Fertility Center
He is very knowledgeable and he doesn’t turn you away if you are over 40. In my case he told me egg freezing should be my number one priority.... Also he suggested MINI IVF based on my endometriosis in which I had surgery for and did a successful retrieval 7 days after my NYU surgery to remove 1 Fallopian tube 2 fibroids and polyp. Dr Zheng doesn’t give up on you and his office is innovative and high tech so they are current in the latest advancements in reproductive medicine.
Strengths. - they [New Hope Fertility Center] will work with women in their 40s using their own eggs, they have a smooth system during Registration and Monitoring, nice office, great refreshments, the staff working in egg retrieval are very supportive during egg retrieval. ... [Clinic Errors] Not calling in prescriptions ... Weakness- Billing is always done before a procedure giving you the feeling like they think you’re going to run off without paying, they prefer cash rather billing your insurance. It’s a business but they’re too money hungry.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
He is very knowledgeable and he doesn’t turn you away if you are over 40. In my case he told me egg freezing should be my number one priority. He said I can make you have a baby at 55 but at 55 I cannot retrieve eggs. Also he suggested MINI IVF based on my endometriosis in which I had surgery for and did a successful retrieval 7 days after my NYU surgery to remove 1 Fallopian tube 2 fibroids and polyp. Dr Zheng doesn’t give up on you and his office is innovative and high tech so they are current in the latest advancements in reproductive medicine.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Make sure you have the time to put into the process because right before egg retrieval you have to go to the office for daily monitoring which is time consuming. The office runs well like a well machine you can be in an out and they have great refreshments. It’s a very comfortable and nice office.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
It’s a very busy clinic with a flat screen TV that you look for your name to get blood drawn, sonogram, and billing. They seem concerned about billing as they want you to pay first. If they made you pay last it would have a different vibe.
Describe the protocols John Zhang used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Low dose birth control pills (1/2 a pill for 14 days) 5 - 7 days of Clomid 50mg 1/2 a pill, lupron trigger shot then egg retrieval for MINI IVF. THIS PROTOCAL WILL ONLY YIELD 1 or 2 eggs for retrieval however as a more natural cycle it will yield quality over quantity
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
When ever I had questions they were always available to answer in person or via email
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strengths. - they will work with women in their 40s using their own eggs, they have a smooth system during Registration and Monitoring, nice office, great refreshments, the staff working in egg retrieval are very supportive during egg retrieval. Weakness- Billing is always done before a procedure giving you the feeling like they think you’re going to run off without paying, they prefer cash rather billing your insurance. It’s a business but they’re too money hungry.
Well oiled machine
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center.
$800 per month unlimited monitoring $1250 egg retrieval $800 for genetic testing $2700 for embryo testing
Describe John Zhang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
Not yet
Not calling in prescriptions
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr. Merhi explains everything very clearly and is always happy to speak with me or email with me whenever I have questions or concerns. He's a little bougie, but always friendly & kind. He does research once a week, which I like. He's paying attention to all the latest research.... He used birth control pills to prep cycles. He, like the other doctors at New Hope, is comfortable with low or no dose protocols. I also used clomid at the beginning of cycle a few times. I've never made more than 6 eggs tops, but that's fine there. They aim for quality over quantity, which fits my body better than traditional treatments.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Be clear about your priorities. Dr. Merhi will make best efforts to accommodate.
Dr. Merhi always found time to speak with me whenever I asked. And he always responded to my emails quickly. I felt like my protocols were always specific to me and they never tried to fit me into a general protocol. Most of the nurses are great. Not every day was perfect but most were just fine and efficient.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Many are great. Some are more chatty & personable than others. New Hope does a lot of monitoring, so I definitely had favorites. I have found the post retrieval nurses to be my least favorite. They are inattentive & occasionally rude. This may be due in part to a language barrier and cultural differences.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
They see a lot of people. Unlike other clinics that have limited monitoring hours, New Hope offers monitoring from 7am - 2pm, which is great. I have definitely felt like a number there, but sometimes that's fine. Sometimes I just want to get in & out as fast as possible. The best days I was done in 20 min. The worst I wasn't properly input into the system and waited over an hour just to get the blood draw. Many of the doctors are not native English speakers and some have challenging accents. I appreciate that this clinic is independent and values new research.
It's fairly well-oiled machine. Some days were better than others. Some times of day are better than others too.
The cost is significantly less than the other clinics we looked at. The procedures are less costly and they prescribed fewer medications at lower doses.
Dr. Merhi is very against multiple embryo transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
Twice I didn't get an email with my instructions and had to call and hunt someone down to give me the info. On the other hand, they once went out of their way to help me get a prescription quickly so I could travel.
New Hope Fertility Center

DR. Zhang's mini IVF strategy uses less medication, more regular monitoring and a less invasive procedure. This procedures were done to adjust to our egg reserve and quality which have resulted in positive retrievals however no quality fertilization...has regular personal check ins and provides adjusted treatment practices to make sure we are being treated personally and in a sensitive way.
The strengths [at New Hope Fertility Center] are definitely the gentle treatment option and the efficiency of the practice operations. The only weakness I would say is that any of the doctors can provide input on your protocol and the treatment could be inconsistent. You can request to have consistency and limit your response to a couple doctors which has made a huge difference for us.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Zhang and Dr. Lipkin have been amazing during this process and have made every attempt to customize treatment to our needs. The monitoring experience reequires regular blood work and sonograms which have been difficult however we have been able to adjust the schedule to meet our needs and sync up to the staff that we prefer. The office staff and billing department are very transparent and accessible
The mini IVF process is a more gentile process than standard ivf and can take more cycles however it is less intense. I would suggest patients visit New Hope Fertility Center first before they go for a full IVF round at another clinic.
Dr. Zhang has regular personal check ins and provides adjusted treatment practices to make sure we are being treated personally and in a sensitive way.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nurses are available to discuss treatment and review directions or protocols.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The strengths are definitely the gentle treatment option and the efficiency of the practice operations. The only weakness I would say is that any of the doctors can provide input on your protocol and the treatment could be inconsistent. You can request to have consistency and limit your response to a couple doctors which has made a huge difference for us.
The office is open 7 days a week including holidays and the monitor lists your name after you check in to see where you should go. We have a condition which requires the phlebotomist be very sensitive and they definitely comply with that. The sonograms techs are always up front with results and will sometimes bring in a team leader if more information is needed.
Monitoring was about $600, retrievals and testing would be about $7k
We have not experienced this as of yet
New Hope Fertility Center

My first cycle and my current cycle have both been with a mini-IVF (low dose) protocol. This cycle, in response to issues from the last, Dr. Lipkin made several changes including lowering the dose of the injection and (planning to) leave a full 36 hours between trigger and retrieval instead of the 34 hours that was done last time...highly supportive of a single embryo transfer as the default as far as I can tell.
The nurses [at New Hope Fertility Center] have been great about walking me through the IVF process and helping answer everything from the “is this normal?” vein of questions to helping me schedule travel around upcoming IVF steps. While it can be difficult to get hold of nurses on the phone at times, they are great with email response and also in person. We have had several nurses really go above and beyond to help explain things and take time with us during this process
How was your experience with Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Lipkin is no nonsense. She’s not the most “touchy feely” but is compassionate nonetheless. I feel like I’m in very competent hands with her. She is patient and answers all my questions. She has also been good about not pushing us to do a retrieval during cycles that didn’t have many follicles. She doesn’t seem stuck on the clinic’s numbers but instead is focused on helping us get the outcome we want.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
You need to advocate for yourself at New Hope in general. If you have questions or want to meet with Dr. Lipkin, ask. It was not offered as often as I would prefer but whenever I requested to meet, I was able to do so fairly quickly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Lipkin is personable and takes the time to answer all my questions clearly and thoroughly each time I meet with her.
Describe the protocols Lana Lipkin used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nurses have been great about walking me through the IVF process and helping answer everything from the “is this normal?” vein of questions to helping me schedule travel around upcoming IVF steps. While it can be difficult to get hold of nurses on the phone at times, they are great with email response and also in person. We have had several nurses really go above and beyond to help explain things and take time with us during this process
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
New Hope has very experienced, smart doctors and their mini-IVF protocol, which I believe they pioneered there, is a great fit for our needs. It can sometimes feel like a bit of an infertility factory (ie impersonal, crowded waiting room, conveyor belt feeling when you go in for monitoring). That said, they are a well oiled machine and pretty much everyone there has been friendly with us, and occasionally gone above and beyond to bring the human touch to our experience. We are generally pleased so far with our experience there.
Generally, monitoring is smooth and runs like a well oiled machine. Occasionally, it will take a bit longer on busy mornings. I have noticed a range of thoroughness among the ultrasound technicians. Several times the people didn’t seem to look very carefully or thoroughly for follicles, but others are more methodical.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center.
We are currently under insurance (2 cycles) so it has just been co-pays plus about $500 for mini IVF medications.
Describe Lana Lipkin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
I have not made it to transfer yet, but New Hope in general and Dr. Lipkin specifically are highly supportive of a single embryo transfer as the default as far as I can tell.
Lana Lipkin
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr Makarov was so patient and took as much time with us as needed. I know that some other doctors in the practice do not always see their patients, but she saw us each time, unless she was on vacation or out of the office which was very rare. She answered every question we had and was always friendly. ...r Makarov's preference was for us to transfer a single embryo, as she felt there was more risk with multiples.
side from the great care that I received, It was always so clean, and well organized. Karen at the front desk was always so warm and sweet. I never experienced any doctor or staff member to be rude or nasty. ... It [monitoring appointments] was a very easy and straightforward process. ...Oksana and Joanna were my primary nurses and they were so helpful when in explaining next steps and answered any questions that I have.
Dr Makarov was kind and compassionate and always helped put our minds at ease, even when we got negative results, we moved onto the next step and she assured us that we would get pregnant. We fully trusted her judgement and treatment.
Make sure to ask all of your questions and ask her to be honest with you--she will be and will answer any question you have.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Oksana Marchuk)
Oksana and Joanna were my primary nurses and they were so helpful when in explaining next steps and answered any questions that I have. They were always so knowledgable, kind and compassionate.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Overall, I was very happy with the clinic. Aside from the great care that I received, It was always so clean, and well organized. Karen at the front desk was always so warm and sweet. I never experienced any doctor or staff member to be rude or nasty. Of course when you are going so often for monitoring and treatments, you may have a bad experience at some point but that's normal.
I would go between 8-9am on the day that they would tell me to come in. I would check in, and then wait for blood work and monitoring. Some days would take longer than others, but it really just depended on the day and the amount of people that were there. It was a very easy and straightforward process.
It's expensive. No way around it, but if you're insurance doesn't cover IUIs and IVF, it's expensive. The costs at NHFC seem to be comparable to that of other clinics in NYC.
Dr Makarov's preference was for us to transfer a single embryo, as she felt there was more risk with multiples.
Jennifer Kulp Makarov

2012 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr Zhang has a very warm caring personality and he works tirelessly. I do wish he would be open to trying different things when I would for example as for different estrace they would not switch it. ... He was a strong believer in less is more which I get and agree with ... Dr Zhang really likes to implant only 1 embryo at a time he wants that embryo to have the best chance. he will implant mosaics too.
They [New Hope Fertility] seemed to have a certain protocol and they often made mistakes. I would have to call in and they would agree it was an error then give me another protocol. I also had about 18 mos of waiting in between cycles because they did not do FDA paperwork correctly on my donor eggs so they were unable to transfer my embryos until the FDA did their audit ... They can get you in and out quickly for routine monitoring. easy check in system and billing. ...
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr Zhang has a very warm caring personality and he works tirelessly. I do wish he would be open to trying different things when I would for example as for different estrace they would not switch it. I feel like if they did I could have had more sucess.
write everything down keep track of what is working and not working and compare what protocols they give each cycle so you can make sure you are getting the best result.
They seemed to have a certain protocol and they often made mistakes. I would have to call in and they would agree it was an error then give me another protocol. also they were resistent to try different that what they do. for example I was not responding to oral or vaginal estarce. i was desperate to try the patch. they would not prescribe it. I awitched clinics and now my lining is perfect with the patch. I just need a good egg, still in process with new clinic.
He was a strong believer in less is more which I get and agree with. But I had a specific issue of thin lining that did not respond well to the estrace they were giving me and we did cycle after cycle where I had to cancel because of poor lining. when I told them I had met people who had great success with using the patch they were not receptive to that so after years of trying with them Left and that was good because now my lining is perfect and I just need to get the right eggs.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
They are very compassionate and kind. but the disconnect was waiting f or your protocol instructions it always took way longer than they said it would sometimes the next day. it was frustrating, sometimes they gave me a protocol that I felt was off. I would have to call in and every time I did they did say they made an error and would correct it. It was difficult because I felt like I should be able to trust them but it was maybe too many patients. I don't know.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
They can get you in and out quickly for routine monitoring. easy check in system and billing. clean and beautiful spacious office. The nurses are all kind and will try to give you any suggestions they can to help with your success. Dr are not always available but you can wait to see them or ask a question just need to be patient.
monitoring was the easiest and best part. no stress in and out within 30 mins and they really watched out for you if it was taking more than 15 minutes they were back there moving things along. it was the results and protocol that took til the end of the day or next day to get the info.
it was very expensive and the prices kept getting higher and higher. when i first started a transfer was 1200 when i left it was 2500.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
I often felt like the ball was being dropped and had to stay on them to get the information and then call back again to confirm only to find out I was given wrong information. I really feel like they had too many clients otherwise why did this happen so often. I also had about 18 mos of waiting in between cycles because they did not do FDA paperwork correctly on my donor eggs so they were unable to transfer my embryos until the FDA did their audit, it probably exactly why I have not had a 2nd child. infuriating.
2013 - 2018, Successful
Embryo Freezing
He has a lot of patients so it’s hard to get personalized attention from dr. Zhang. He is also always traveling but he is a great doctor. Very knowledable and positive. When others told me I will need donor eggs he never gave up on me having a baby with my own eggs...Very smart, very knowledgeable. Not easily accessible though...Since I have low amh levels dr zhang didn’t force a lot of stims. We did a lot of natural cycles. This is one clinic who is okay with taking out only one egg at a time.
New Hope is very flexible with protocol and listening to what you want. i have on numerous occasion requested less of a dosage, questioned when they were triggering and even changed freezing embryos into an IUI which resulted in my first son's conception. They are open to suggestions which is a big plus....they are friendly and helpful but can take a while to answer your questions because they are so busy...I had issues with billing in the past. They failed to to a prior authorization through my insurance.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Very positive. Didn’t give up on me while others were directing me towards donor eggs he instituted I would have my own babies and I did. Twice!!! Very smart, very knowledgeable. Not easily accessible though. Recently he has been traveling a lot.
Don’t be afraid to tell them you disagree with their protocols or if you feel uncomfortable with a dosage you can tell them to adjust it. They listen to what the patient wants. They are flexible and they have an amazing lab!!
He has a lot of patients so it’s hard to get personalized attention from dr. Zhang. He is also always traveling but he is a great doctor. Very knowledable and positive. When others told me I will need donor eggs he never gave up on me having a baby with my own eggs. And it happened twice!
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
pricey but not exorbitant.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
I had issues with billing in the past. They failed to to a prior authorization through my insurance. They also once failed to run the procedure through my insurance. It took a long time to get everything resolved but in the end they took off some charges which was nice of them.
New Hope Fertility Center

They [New Hope] have really flexible hours for monitoring, between 7am-2pm, which is amazing compared to many other clinics. The retrievals/transfers are also done in the same facility so you dont have to pay an extra hospital fee of $1005 like over at Cornell and NYP. Hated the billing department! Took them 4 months to correct an insurance payment and apply the credit to my account...I believe dr zhang is very knowledgable in his field. But he is not for someone that wants a gentle bedside manner. He is to the point and will show you charts/graphs demonstrating where you land on % of success based on your age range. The only times I met with him was for the first consult and then at the end of the cycle for follow-ups. The clinic did mention that if I wanted to speak with him, that I should arrive in the office between 7-9am, otherwise the rest of his day is booked with new patient consults. It was also other drs that performed my retrievals. I had wondered if Dr Zhang was the one that was monitoring my ccle progress and adjusting dosage instructions, or if it were other doctors reviewing my case.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Ask all your questions, be straightforward, dont expect hand-holding
The nurses and techs working in the clinic were always professional and courteous. I understood the dr was very busy as the clinic was always quite busy and crowded, but I would have liked more face time with the dr since most emails and correspondence on next steps were always from nurses.
Mild IVF - started with estrace priming, then clomid, letrozole pills, and follistim injections starting at 75iu. Continued with a mix of clomid and letrozole pills, and varying dosages of follistim(from 75-150iu) up until lupron trigger and then retrieval
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Nurses were very friendly and helpful in clinic, but were a little slower in response via email. One time they emailed me regarding medication dosage and I replied back to them and needed another refill and did not hear back until the next day, which was a problem because I needed the medications the night before
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strenth: everything is done in house so blood results and sonos are quick. They have really flexible hours for monitoring, between 7am-2pm, which is amazing compared to many other clinics. The retrievals/transfers are also done in the same facility so you dont have to pay an extra hospital fee of $1005 like over at Cornell and NYP. Hated the billing department! Took them 4 months to correct an insurance payment and apply the credit to my account.
The clinic had monitors on the walls that called your name up when it was your turn to get blood drawn or to go inside the the sonogram. I appreciated this aspect of their monitoring system, instead of relying on someone calling out my name. I was able to go to the appropriate station as I saw my name come up
I did not have insurance coverage so it was put of pocket. Mild ivf cost about$6,000 which included cost of medications. Luteal Phase retrieval cost $250. And PGS for one embryo clst $750
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr Mehri was always familiar with my case and what was going on when we spoke. He was personable and empathetic.... He was friendly, personable, and cared about me as a patient. Flexible and willing to try things that I wanted, even when he didn’t think they would make a difference. Very responsive to emailed questions.... [Protocols] Mini ivf - 150 gonal F, 50 clomid, 2.5 letrazole. Goal was quality over quantity.... 1 PGS embryo. Multiple embryos if untested.
Bloodwork and ultrasound nurses [New Hope Fertility Center] were very pleasant. There were some communication issues (protocol mix up) when emailing with nurses for instructions.... Very efficient monitoring system. Never waited longer than 1/2 hour for monitoring. Great monitoring hours (7am to 1pm). Not all patients opt for general anesthesia (most do local). I did general and the anesthesiologist that they hire from an outside agency
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
make sure you request that he (and not the general team) follows your case.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Bloodwork and ultrasound nurses were very pleasant. There were some communication issues (protocol mix up) when emailing with nurses for instructions.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Very efficient monitoring system. Never waited longer than 1/2 hour for monitoring. Great monitoring hours (7am to 1pm). Not all patients opt for general anesthesia (most do local). I did general and the anesthesiologist that they hire from an outside agency was late which caused my retrieval to be delayed by 45 minutes and caused me a lot of anxiety.
An efficient well oiled machine. Your first name appears on tv monitors in the large waiting room letting you know when to go back for bloodwork, ultrasound, or billing dept.
$4000 for a retrieval freeze all cycle plus $800 for 1 month of monitoring.
1 PGS embryo. Multiple embryos if untested.
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr Merhi was always pleased to see us. He explained with many details and examples about all procedures and risks. He was very positive and willing to help us with any doubt or questions we had. We never felt rushed to do any procedure and he was very patient listening to us.... First we tried several cycles just being monitored for ovulation. Then we were suggested to take Clomid and letrozol 2.5 and we got pregnant with triplets!
[At New Hope Fertility Center] Results are efficient and accurate. Their forms and systems are very clear and easy to follow. As a new patient always ask questions to any staff and they will kindly help out. At time is very hectic due to the hours and you might feel rushed specially when having sonogram, but they’ll explain all they’re doing so you can leave satisfied.... Costs were reasonable. Even though My insurance covered, they have plans to help out.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Ask questions, be honest and sincere and Dr Merhi will help you the best he can. He’s very knowledgeable and will follow up with you along the way.
I was always called by my name and Dr Merhi always replied my emails promptly giving me detailed explanation of what I asked.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Quick and efficient! Very friendly and helpful.
New Hope Fertility Center
Don’t expect to see him [Dr. John Zhang] on your visits...I hardly ever saw him only in the beginning and plan for transfer...he talks really fast, at times it’s hard to understand him...I mostly see NP and ultrasound tech. They ensure me that Dr Zhang goes over my chart but then again I don’t know if it’s him or someone else...[protocol included] Birth control pills, clomid, Ganirelix injection...They don’t explain why they chose a protocol or explain why changes were made
[Nurses at New Hope Fertility Center are] Very professional and answer as much as they can...They don’t explain why they chose a protocol or explain why changes were made...They have no remorse for self paying patients. They want their money upfront and charge for everything. They refuse to use insurance for blood work or ultrasound for insurances that don’t cover fertility...Don’t expect to see him [Dr. John Zhang] on your visits...I hardly ever saw him only in the beginning and plan for transfer...he talks really fast, at times it’s hard to understand him...I mostly see NP and ultrasound tech. They ensure me that Dr Zhang goes over my chart but then again I don’t know if it’s him or som
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr Zhang came highly recommended by my GYN. However I hardly see him and he talks really fast, at times it’s hard to understand him. I put my trust in him through my GYN. I mostly see NP and ultrasound tech. They ensure me that Dr Zhang goes over my chart but then again I don’t know if it’s him or someone else.
Don’t expect to see him on your visits
I hardly ever saw him only in the beginning and plan for transfer
Birth control pills, clomid, Ganirelix injection.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Very professional and answer as much as they can
I spent over $25,000 already
I only have one normal Pgs tested embroyo
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
They don’t explain why they chose a protocol or explain why changes were made
New Hope Fertility Center

[Dr. Olcha is] Honest, straight to the point, has compassion, willing to listen to the pt's needs and willing adjust plan in a mutually respective manner. He also communicates with pts in a timely fashion r after each major lab results/procedure. He is open-minded, willing to use mosiac embryos when there is no other options. In addition, he will explain to you about the quality of embryos in order to assist you to make decisions before transfer.
[New Hope Fertility Center] Clinic is clean, location is good...They will communicate with you by email. Better ask questions in person or phone if you need clarification. I felt that the nurses are so busy. I understand that this is a very high volume clinic...I did 2 Mini IVF and 3 conventional IVF. Result in1 Grade A embryos, 4 mosiacs, and a 3 complex abnormal embryos.
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Try keep the conversation brief and straight to the point. Just like any fertility drs, New Hope MDs. are very busy running between the clinics, OR, phone calls, review labs. If you need to speak with them, best thing is to go early in the morning before 9AM.
When I almost turned 40 two years ago, I wanted another child. I did 5 IUIs then I switched to New Hope to do IVF immediately because New Hope accepts my insurance - I can save a little bit of money from the big cost of IVF. I did not know Dr. Olcha in the beginning but during my 3rd cycle monitoring, I met him at the bedside. Although it was brief, he explained my result in a different perspective. I felt that he was honest and straight to the point. I am a nurse for 15 years and my instinct told me that he can help me. After I did a bit of research, I switched to Dr. Olcha and it was the best decision that I made during the Covid Peak at NYC. I was busy working in the hospital which was in chaos, and continue IVF treatment without losing time. Dr. Olcha did not disappoint me, he updated my results in a timely manner. We also tweak the medication around attempted to make things happy. In May, I finally got a A Grade embryo and did the transfer last month. I am now 9 weeks preggy. After going to New Hope for more than 1 year, I almost cried when they gave me the farewell gift. It was bitter sweet and definitely not an easy journey. I am very thankful to all the staff at New Hope, especially to Dr. Olcha. I highly recommend Dr. Olcha as a fertility MD. As IVF takes its toll on our body mentally and physically, having a dr who is always on your side and look out for your benefit is crucial. I wish everyone the best in your IVF journey. Try to stay positive no matter what.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Overall nursing is pretty good. I like Vera in the PACU, she gave me TLC. Amanda was little bit mean.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Clinic is clean, location is good, i miss their coffee and snacks before covid time. They will communicate with you by email. Better ask questions in person or phone if you need clarification. I felt that the nurses are so busy. I understand that this is a very high volume clinic.
40-50K
1 transfer 2 mosiac embryos at one time, did not work. I also transferred 1 normal embryo, grade BC, did not work either. ( but it was my fault, i didn't not comply with the medication, i misread the label, it was confusing and I was careless)
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
They have a full-time female anesthesiologist, her iv insertion requires an additional injection of lidocaine before IV insertion. Its an additional needle stick and its not necessary if you have decent veins. I wish their male anesthesiologists were back. They had no problem getting my veins.
New Hope Fertility Center

[Dr. Meir Olcha] tailored a fertility plan based on YOUR body, your hormones, your #’s, & the right timing...preferred a single embryo transfer but was understanding if I wanted a multiple embryo transfer...He responded promptly to all my emails. Exhibited Very compassionate & caring Behavior...He got me pregnant my 1st round of a FET cycle. I am now nearing my 3rd trimester. I thank him for this rainbow baby that will soon be in our home. He responded promptly to all my emails and actually took the time to call when I needed answers. He is an amazing Dr. and an even better man.
the clinic [New Hope Fertility Center] tends to treat you more like a # as opposed to a person. The clinic is sometimes organized when it comes to monitoring appointments...Nursing staff was ok...Clinic told my wife that she had ovulated when in fact she had not...Monitoring at nh was good. If you come in early, you are in and out...Costs were affordable for an iui and ivf treatment protocol...tailored a fertility plan based on YOUR body, your hormones, your #’s, & the right timing, then I please advice you to go to Dr. Olcha.
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
After my partner and I suffered years of infertility and loss, I prayed to god that he send us an angel. That Angel came in the form of Dr. Olcha. If you go to NH, & you want a Dr. that is intuitive, compassionate, caring, motivated, & will tailor a fertility plan based on YOUR body, your hormones, your #’s, & the right timing, then I please advice you to go to Dr. Olcha. He got me pregnant my 1st round of a FET cycle. I am now nearing my 3rd trimester. I thank him for this rainbow baby that will soon be in our home. He responded promptly to all my emails and actually took the time to call when I needed answers. He is an amazing Dr. and an even better man.
An amazing Dr. best Doctor at the practice.
Nursing staff was ok.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
With the exception of Dr. Olcha, the clinic tends to treat you more like a # as opposed to a person. The clinic is sometimes organized when it comes to monitoring appointments. Dr. Olcha brings a human side to the clinic as opposed to a factory setting.
Monitoring at nh was good. If you come in early, you are in and out.
Costs were affordable for an iui and ivf treatment protocol.
Dr. Olcha preferred a single embryo transfer but was understanding if I wanted a multiple embryo transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
Clinic told my wife that she had ovulated when in fact she had not.
New Hope Fertility Center
Dr. Merhi was kind, compassionate and very professional​​...is confident and cheerful and I can truly appreciate that feeling of optimism...genuinely interested in the well being of his patient. He has excellent bed side manners. He makes himself available to answer questions and is very reassuring. He also matter of fact and practical...IVF: clomid, letrozol and follistim, followed by Ovidrel as a trigger shot. For the transfer, progesterone suppositories and estrogen pills.
NHFC, is a good clinic...has great facility​ and skilled staff. The place is clean, they provide snacks for you while you wait!...The nursing staff were great and very supportive, but in some cases their email response never happened, a follow-up phone call yielded no response until I went to the clinic...I received an email regarding the embryo transfer from a nurse and I replied for confirmation but I never got a response even with multiple phone call. During the transfer I had to wait for one extra hour to get my embryo ready which could have been avoided had I spoken with a nurse during my multiple phone calls.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Merhi is kind, compassionate and very professional​​. He listens​ to you and proposes​ the best option. Dr. Merhi is confident and cheerful and I can truly appreciate that feeling of optimism. Dr. Merhi, is a very skilled, knowledgable and attentive doctor. He listens to the patient and is not interested in personal results and stats but is genuinely interested in the well being of his patient. He has excellent bed side manners. He makes himself available to answer questions and is very reassuring. He also matter of fact and practical. I am now 13 weeks pregnant, I plan on returning to Dr. Merhi for my second pregnancy.
Follow the instructions and advice from Dr Merhi and the outcome of your expectation will be great as expected
Dr. Merhi was kind, compassionate and very professional​​. He listens​ to you and proposes​ the best option.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
NHFC, is a good clinic, in some clinics the success rate is based on multiple attempts. ​The clinic has great facility​ and skilled staff. The place is clean, they provide snacks for you while you wait! I highly recommend this place if your having issues getting pregnant! It's not a easy process but the reward at the end is well worth the fight! Thank you Dr Merhi
I don't have the exact amount but it was expensive even with insurance, For instance genetic screening I paid $100 as my out of pocket cost at my ob/gyn clinic with a group that they work with but at New Hope the clinic was charging over $700
Dr Merhi had a strong advice for one embryo transfer due to the risk associated with multiple pregnancy but I suggested a multiple pregnancy so that I can finish my child birth sooner. Three embryos were transferred however two succeeded giving my twins
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
I needed a specific amount of embryo transfer. I received an email regarding the embryo transfer from a nurse and I replied for confirmation but I never got a response even with multiple phone call. During the transfer I had to wait for one extra hour to get my embryo ready which could have been avoided had I spoken with a nurse during my multiple phone calls.