4.3
4.3

6.3
6.3

4 Columbus Circle

[Dr. Olcha is] Honest, straight to the point, has compassion, willing to listen to the pt's needs and willing adjust plan in a mutually respective manner. He also communicates with pts in a timely fashion r after each major lab results/procedure. He is open-minded, willing to use mosiac embryos when there is no other options. In addition, he will explain to you about the quality of embryos in order to assist you to make decisions before transfer.
[New Hope Fertility Center] Clinic is clean, location is good...They will communicate with you by email. Better ask questions in person or phone if you need clarification. I felt that the nurses are so busy. I understand that this is a very high volume clinic...I did 2 Mini IVF and 3 conventional IVF. Result in1 Grade A embryos, 4 mosiacs, and a 3 complex abnormal embryos.
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Try keep the conversation brief and straight to the point. Just like any fertility drs, New Hope MDs. are very busy running between the clinics, OR, phone calls, review labs. If you need to speak with them, best thing is to go early in the morning before 9AM.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
When I almost turned 40 two years ago, I wanted another child. I did 5 IUIs then I switched to New Hope to do IVF immediately because New Hope accepts my insurance - I can save a little bit of money from the big cost of IVF. I did not know Dr. Olcha in the beginning but during my 3rd cycle monitoring, I met him at the bedside. Although it was brief, he explained my result in a different perspective. I felt that he was honest and straight to the point. I am a nurse for 15 years and my instinct told me that he can help me. After I did a bit of research, I switched to Dr. Olcha and it was the best decision that I made during the Covid Peak at NYC. I was busy working in the hospital which was in chaos, and continue IVF treatment without losing time. Dr. Olcha did not disappoint me, he updated my results in a timely manner. We also tweak the medication around attempted to make things happy. In May, I finally got a A Grade embryo and did the transfer last month. I am now 9 weeks preggy. After going to New Hope for more than 1 year, I almost cried when they gave me the farewell gift. It was bitter sweet and definitely not an easy journey. I am very thankful to all the staff at New Hope, especially to Dr. Olcha. I highly recommend Dr. Olcha as a fertility MD. As IVF takes its toll on our body mentally and physically, having a dr who is always on your side and look out for your benefit is crucial. I wish everyone the best in your IVF journey. Try to stay positive no matter what.
Describe the protocols Meir Olcha used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Overall nursing is pretty good. I like Vera in the PACU, she gave me TLC. Amanda was little bit mean.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Clinic is clean, location is good, i miss their coffee and snacks before covid time. They will communicate with you by email. Better ask questions in person or phone if you need clarification. I felt that the nurses are so busy. I understand that this is a very high volume clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center.
40-50K
Describe Meir Olcha's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
1 transfer 2 mosiac embryos at one time, did not work. I also transferred 1 normal embryo, grade BC, did not work either. ( but it was my fault, i didn't not comply with the medication, i misread the label, it was confusing and I was careless)
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
They have a full-time female anesthesiologist, her iv insertion requires an additional injection of lidocaine before IV insertion. Its an additional needle stick and its not necessary if you have decent veins. I wish their male anesthesiologists were back. They had no problem getting my veins.
Meir Olcha
New Hope Fertility Center

[Dr. Meir Olcha] tailored a fertility plan based on YOUR body, your hormones, your #’s, & the right timing...preferred a single embryo transfer but was understanding if I wanted a multiple embryo transfer...He responded promptly to all my emails. Exhibited Very compassionate & caring Behavior...He got me pregnant my 1st round of a FET cycle. I am now nearing my 3rd trimester. I thank him for this rainbow baby that will soon be in our home. He responded promptly to all my emails and actually took the time to call when I needed answers. He is an amazing Dr. and an even better man.
the clinic [New Hope Fertility Center] tends to treat you more like a # as opposed to a person. The clinic is sometimes organized when it comes to monitoring appointments...Nursing staff was ok...Clinic told my wife that she had ovulated when in fact she had not...Monitoring at nh was good. If you come in early, you are in and out...Costs were affordable for an iui and ivf treatment protocol...tailored a fertility plan based on YOUR body, your hormones, your #’s, & the right timing, then I please advice you to go to Dr. Olcha.
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
After my partner and I suffered years of infertility and loss, I prayed to god that he send us an angel. That Angel came in the form of Dr. Olcha. If you go to NH, & you want a Dr. that is intuitive, compassionate, caring, motivated, & will tailor a fertility plan based on YOUR body, your hormones, your #’s, & the right timing, then I please advice you to go to Dr. Olcha. He got me pregnant my 1st round of a FET cycle. I am now nearing my 3rd trimester. I thank him for this rainbow baby that will soon be in our home. He responded promptly to all my emails and actually took the time to call when I needed answers. He is an amazing Dr. and an even better man.
An amazing Dr. best Doctor at the practice.
Nursing staff was ok.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
With the exception of Dr. Olcha, the clinic tends to treat you more like a # as opposed to a person. The clinic is sometimes organized when it comes to monitoring appointments. Dr. Olcha brings a human side to the clinic as opposed to a factory setting.
Monitoring at nh was good. If you come in early, you are in and out.
Costs were affordable for an iui and ivf treatment protocol.
Dr. Olcha preferred a single embryo transfer but was understanding if I wanted a multiple embryo transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
Clinic told my wife that she had ovulated when in fact she had not.
Meir Olcha
New Hope Fertility Center
Dr. Merhi was kind, compassionate and very professional​​...is confident and cheerful and I can truly appreciate that feeling of optimism...genuinely interested in the well being of his patient. He has excellent bed side manners. He makes himself available to answer questions and is very reassuring. He also matter of fact and practical...IVF: clomid, letrozol and follistim, followed by Ovidrel as a trigger shot. For the transfer, progesterone suppositories and estrogen pills.
NHFC, is a good clinic...has great facility​ and skilled staff. The place is clean, they provide snacks for you while you wait!...The nursing staff were great and very supportive, but in some cases their email response never happened, a follow-up phone call yielded no response until I went to the clinic...I received an email regarding the embryo transfer from a nurse and I replied for confirmation but I never got a response even with multiple phone call. During the transfer I had to wait for one extra hour to get my embryo ready which could have been avoided had I spoken with a nurse during my multiple phone calls.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Merhi is kind, compassionate and very professional​​. He listens​ to you and proposes​ the best option. Dr. Merhi is confident and cheerful and I can truly appreciate that feeling of optimism. Dr. Merhi, is a very skilled, knowledgable and attentive doctor. He listens to the patient and is not interested in personal results and stats but is genuinely interested in the well being of his patient. He has excellent bed side manners. He makes himself available to answer questions and is very reassuring. He also matter of fact and practical. I am now 13 weeks pregnant, I plan on returning to Dr. Merhi for my second pregnancy.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Follow the instructions and advice from Dr Merhi and the outcome of your expectation will be great as expected
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Merhi was kind, compassionate and very professional​​. He listens​ to you and proposes​ the best option.
Describe the protocols Zaher Merhi used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
NHFC, is a good clinic, in some clinics the success rate is based on multiple attempts. ​The clinic has great facility​ and skilled staff. The place is clean, they provide snacks for you while you wait! I highly recommend this place if your having issues getting pregnant! It's not a easy process but the reward at the end is well worth the fight! Thank you Dr Merhi
Describe the costs associated with your care under Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center.
I don't have the exact amount but it was expensive even with insurance, For instance genetic screening I paid $100 as my out of pocket cost at my ob/gyn clinic with a group that they work with but at New Hope the clinic was charging over $700
Describe Zaher Merhi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
Dr Merhi had a strong advice for one embryo transfer due to the risk associated with multiple pregnancy but I suggested a multiple pregnancy so that I can finish my child birth sooner. Three embryos were transferred however two succeeded giving my twins
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
I needed a specific amount of embryo transfer. I received an email regarding the embryo transfer from a nurse and I replied for confirmation but I never got a response even with multiple phone call. During the transfer I had to wait for one extra hour to get my embryo ready which could have been avoided had I spoken with a nurse during my multiple phone calls.
Zaher Merhi
New Hope Fertility Center

I thought she [Dr. Jennifer Kulp Makarov] was direct and clear about what our options were and what our likelihood of success might be. She didn't volunteer information readily, but she answered our questions when we had them. She stayed consistently hopeful and encouraging, even though my numbers might not indicate a lot of cause for hope. She seemed pragmatic and efficient.
The offices [of New Hope Fertility Center] are spacious and centrally located. They seem to move through appointments efficiently and respectfully. I consistently had good experiences with the nurses and coordinators. They knew my name and were super encouraging...The clinic was very supportive and kind. They also weren't judgmental about my low numbers, which is an experience I'd had a previous clinic.
How was your experience with Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center?
I thought she was direct and clear about what our options were and what our likelihood of success might be. She didn't volunteer information readily, but she answered our questions when we had them. She stayed consistently hopeful and encouraging, even though my numbers might not indicate a lot of cause for hope. She seemed pragmatic and efficient.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center?
Come prepared with questions. She won't volunteer a lot of information if unprompted.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center?
The nature of fertility clinics is such that you're never entirely treated like a human, but as much as possible under the circumstances Dr. Makarov was efficient and informative.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The offices are spacious and centrally located. They seem to move through appointments efficiently and respectfully. I consistently had good experiences with the nurses and coordinators. They knew my name and were super encouraging. We ultimately got pregnant after eight days of taking both Clomid and Letrozole (no retrieval, just conceiving on our own). The clinic was very supportive and kind. They also weren't judgmental about my low numbers, which is an experience I'd had a previous clinic.
Describe Jennifer Kulp Makarov's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
We were doing "mini IVF" which ended up taking multiple cycles just to retrieve a small number of eggs. I thought I would prefer a less invasive approach, then full blown IVF, but in the end, because it required multiple retrievals, it ended up feeling pretty invasive anyhow.
Jennifer Kulp Makarov