4.3

6.3

4 Columbus Circle

2013 - 2018, Successful
Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
He has a lot of patients so it’s hard to get personalized attention from dr. Zhang. He is also always traveling but he is a great doctor. Very knowledable and positive. When others told me I will need donor eggs he never gave up on me having a baby with my own eggs...Very smart, very knowledgeable. Not easily accessible though...Since I have low amh levels dr zhang didn’t force a lot of stims. We did a lot of natural cycles. This is one clinic who is okay with taking out only one egg at a time.
New Hope is very flexible with protocol and listening to what you want. i have on numerous occasion requested less of a dosage, questioned when they were triggering and even changed freezing embryos into an IUI which resulted in my first son's conception. They are open to suggestions which is a big plus....they are friendly and helpful but can take a while to answer your questions because they are so busy...I had issues with billing in the past. They failed to to a prior authorization through my insurance.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Very positive. Didn’t give up on me while others were directing me towards donor eggs he instituted I would have my own babies and I did. Twice!!! Very smart, very knowledgeable. Not easily accessible though. Recently he has been traveling a lot.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Don’t be afraid to tell them you disagree with their protocols or if you feel uncomfortable with a dosage you can tell them to adjust it. They listen to what the patient wants. They are flexible and they have an amazing lab!!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
He has a lot of patients so it’s hard to get personalized attention from dr. Zhang. He is also always traveling but he is a great doctor. Very knowledable and positive. When others told me I will need donor eggs he never gave up on me having a baby with my own eggs. And it happened twice!
Describe the protocols John Zhang used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center.
pricey but not exorbitant.
What specific things went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
I had issues with billing in the past. They failed to to a prior authorization through my insurance. They also once failed to run the procedure through my insurance. It took a long time to get everything resolved but in the end they took off some charges which was nice of them.
John Zhang
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr Merhi was always pleased to see us. He explained with many details and examples about all procedures and risks. He was very positive and willing to help us with any doubt or questions we had. We never felt rushed to do any procedure and he was very patient listening to us.... First we tried several cycles just being monitored for ovulation. Then we were suggested to take Clomid and letrozol 2.5 and we got pregnant with triplets!
[At New Hope Fertility Center] Results are efficient and accurate. Their forms and systems are very clear and easy to follow. As a new patient always ask questions to any staff and they will kindly help out. At time is very hectic due to the hours and you might feel rushed specially when having sonogram, but they’ll explain all they’re doing so you can leave satisfied.... Costs were reasonable. Even though My insurance covered, they have plans to help out.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Ask questions, be honest and sincere and Dr Merhi will help you the best he can. He’s very knowledgeable and will follow up with you along the way.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
I was always called by my name and Dr Merhi always replied my emails promptly giving me detailed explanation of what I asked.
Describe the protocols Zaher Merhi used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Quick and efficient! Very friendly and helpful.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center.
Zaher Merhi
New Hope Fertility Center
Dr. Merhi was kind, compassionate and very professional​​...is confident and cheerful and I can truly appreciate that feeling of optimism...genuinely interested in the well being of his patient. He has excellent bed side manners. He makes himself available to answer questions and is very reassuring. He also matter of fact and practical...IVF: clomid, letrozol and follistim, followed by Ovidrel as a trigger shot. For the transfer, progesterone suppositories and estrogen pills.
NHFC, is a good clinic...has great facility​ and skilled staff. The place is clean, they provide snacks for you while you wait!...The nursing staff were great and very supportive, but in some cases their email response never happened, a follow-up phone call yielded no response until I went to the clinic...I received an email regarding the embryo transfer from a nurse and I replied for confirmation but I never got a response even with multiple phone call. During the transfer I had to wait for one extra hour to get my embryo ready which could have been avoided had I spoken with a nurse during my multiple phone calls.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Merhi is kind, compassionate and very professional​​. He listens​ to you and proposes​ the best option. Dr. Merhi is confident and cheerful and I can truly appreciate that feeling of optimism. Dr. Merhi, is a very skilled, knowledgable and attentive doctor. He listens to the patient and is not interested in personal results and stats but is genuinely interested in the well being of his patient. He has excellent bed side manners. He makes himself available to answer questions and is very reassuring. He also matter of fact and practical. I am now 13 weeks pregnant, I plan on returning to Dr. Merhi for my second pregnancy.
Follow the instructions and advice from Dr Merhi and the outcome of your expectation will be great as expected
Dr. Merhi was kind, compassionate and very professional​​. He listens​ to you and proposes​ the best option.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
NHFC, is a good clinic, in some clinics the success rate is based on multiple attempts. ​The clinic has great facility​ and skilled staff. The place is clean, they provide snacks for you while you wait! I highly recommend this place if your having issues getting pregnant! It's not a easy process but the reward at the end is well worth the fight! Thank you Dr Merhi
I don't have the exact amount but it was expensive even with insurance, For instance genetic screening I paid $100 as my out of pocket cost at my ob/gyn clinic with a group that they work with but at New Hope the clinic was charging over $700
Describe Zaher Merhi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
Dr Merhi had a strong advice for one embryo transfer due to the risk associated with multiple pregnancy but I suggested a multiple pregnancy so that I can finish my child birth sooner. Three embryos were transferred however two succeeded giving my twins
What specific things went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
I needed a specific amount of embryo transfer. I received an email regarding the embryo transfer from a nurse and I replied for confirmation but I never got a response even with multiple phone call. During the transfer I had to wait for one extra hour to get my embryo ready which could have been avoided had I spoken with a nurse during my multiple phone calls.
Zaher Merhi
New Hope Fertility Center

They [New Hope] have really flexible hours for monitoring, between 7am-2pm, which is amazing compared to many other clinics. The retrievals/transfers are also done in the same facility so you dont have to pay an extra hospital fee of $1005 like over at Cornell and NYP. Hated the billing department! Took them 4 months to correct an insurance payment and apply the credit to my account...I believe dr zhang is very knowledgable in his field. But he is not for someone that wants a gentle bedside manner. He is to the point and will show you charts/graphs demonstrating where you land on % of success based on your age range. The only times I met with him was for the first consult and then at the end of the cycle for follow-ups. The clinic did mention that if I wanted to speak with him, that I should arrive in the office between 7-9am, otherwise the rest of his day is booked with new patient consults. It was also other drs that performed my retrievals. I had wondered if Dr Zhang was the one that was monitoring my ccle progress and adjusting dosage instructions, or if it were other doctors reviewing my case.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Ask all your questions, be straightforward, dont expect hand-holding
The nurses and techs working in the clinic were always professional and courteous. I understood the dr was very busy as the clinic was always quite busy and crowded, but I would have liked more face time with the dr since most emails and correspondence on next steps were always from nurses.
Mild IVF - started with estrace priming, then clomid, letrozole pills, and follistim injections starting at 75iu. Continued with a mix of clomid and letrozole pills, and varying dosages of follistim(from 75-150iu) up until lupron trigger and then retrieval
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Nurses were very friendly and helpful in clinic, but were a little slower in response via email. One time they emailed me regarding medication dosage and I replied back to them and needed another refill and did not hear back until the next day, which was a problem because I needed the medications the night before
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strenth: everything is done in house so blood results and sonos are quick. They have really flexible hours for monitoring, between 7am-2pm, which is amazing compared to many other clinics. The retrievals/transfers are also done in the same facility so you dont have to pay an extra hospital fee of $1005 like over at Cornell and NYP. Hated the billing department! Took them 4 months to correct an insurance payment and apply the credit to my account.
The clinic had monitors on the walls that called your name up when it was your turn to get blood drawn or to go inside the the sonogram. I appreciated this aspect of their monitoring system, instead of relying on someone calling out my name. I was able to go to the appropriate station as I saw my name come up
I did not have insurance coverage so it was put of pocket. Mild ivf cost about$6,000 which included cost of medications. Luteal Phase retrieval cost $250. And PGS for one embryo clst $750
John Zhang