6.3
6.3

4 Columbus Circle

Dr. Zhang was always very honest and candid in our conversations and always added some humor into our conversations which I appreciated...I liked the conservative approach that he took and always made sure I felt comfortable with the protocol before proceeding...appreciated that he canceled one transfer cycle when he didn’t think that it would be successful instead of just going for it. But he also gave me the option to continue if I wanted.
They [New Hope Fertility Center] are very organized and the office runs efficiently from check in to when you’re called back. They have a screen that lets you know where you should be when which I preferred over people yelling into a lobby. The people at the front desk always greeted everyone warmly and I always felt welcome...Most communication happens through the nurses via email but they are always available to talk on the phone if you would prefer...
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
It is very obvious that Dr. Zhang is extremely knowledgeable and competent as a doctor. I very much appreciated his candor and the humor he infused in our conversations. He always took the time to explain everything to me and made sure I understood everything before moving on. I appreciated that he canceled one transfer cycle when he didn’t think that it would be successful instead of just going for it. But he also gave me the option to continue if I wanted.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Don’t be surprised by his direct nature.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Zhang was always very honest and candid in our conversations and always added some humor into our conversations which I appreciated. He always made me feel comfortable and answered all of my questions and concerns. I liked the conservative approach that he took and always made sure I felt comfortable with the protocol before proceeding.
Describe the protocols John Zhang used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I came to Dr. Zhang as my second doctor so I went immediately into another egg retrieval. He decided to do mini IVF with me. I had previously done traditional IVF protocol at my previous doctor and did not respond very well to that and had OHSS. He believed that mini IVF would have less side effects for me with the same results and possibly better egg quality.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Most communication happens through the nurses via email but they are always available to talk on the phone if you would prefer but I preferred email. The nurses who completed the ultrasounds always read my chart before completing the ultrasound and knew exactly where I was in my cycle. Everyone always treated me with great kindness.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
They are very organized and the office runs efficiently from check in to when you’re called back. They have a screen that lets you know where you should be when which I preferred over people yelling into a lobby. The people at the front desk always greeted everyone warmly and I always felt welcome.
Monitoring was very easy to schedule. They give you a window and you can show up anytime during that window. You check in at the front desk then wait for your name to appear on the screen. You get your blood work first and then go back for an ultrasound after you complete bloodwork. I always went first thing in the morning before work and was never there for more than 20 minutes.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center.
I do not remember the exact breakdown of cost for my treatments as insurance covered the majority of my treatment except the egg retrieval and that was around $3,000.
Describe John Zhang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
I was recommended to do single embryo transfer because of the number of embryos I had and because of my age. I was not given information about doing a multiple embryo transfer.

2022, Successful
2 Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
Embryo Freezing With Other Docs (cancer)
Dr. Zhang is very experienced with mini IVF using oral medications mostly and/or low dose injectables and IVF for women over 40. Due to my cancer diagnosis, we did a mini IVF. I was able to use Clomid, letrozole (twice), Orilissa, and Lupron as prescribed. I was able to purchase the Orilissa and Lupron at the clinic for $120 my insurance was charging me so much more...He managed my expectations by explaining the process, how it takes time, their philosophy and approach to using minimal drugs, and their team would work with us to accomplish our goal...
NHFC is not like a traditional doctor's office they work as a collective. I was assigned one coordinator and communicated well with the other nurses about my results and next steps. If you are expecting to see your doctor at every visit this is not that clinic. Please note, that the clinic is open Mon-Sun from 6:45 am to 12 pm and one evening for monitoring...If I had questions I could leave them a message via email or phone and they would respond within 2 hours...
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
My experience with Dr. Zhang has been pleasant and professional. Dr. Zhang is candid and with a little humor to make me comfortable. Unlike other doctors/ clinics NHFC provides a team approach to fertility care. He explained I had advanced low egg reserve due to my age, but that would not be a barrier. I remember him stating that all we needed was one good egg. He managed my expectations by explaining the process, how it takes time, their philosophy and approach to using minimal drugs, and their team would work with us to accomplish our goal.
Dr. Zhang is the Director of NHFC and is extremely busy and only has time for first-patient appointments. Most of your contact will be with Zhang's support team of coordinators and nurses, who are responsive. If you are looking for a traditional model, daily contact with your doctor has not been my experience at NHFC.
The clinic is warm and inviting as well as the staff. Dr. Zhang is pleasant and professional.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Esha)
It is my experience the entire nursing and coordinator team were very compassionate and kind. They communicated with me in a timely manner about my results and next steps. If I had questions I could leave them a message via email or phone and they would respond within 2 hours.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The NHFC is a warm and inviting space with a calming fish tank, hand sanitizing stations, water fountain, and breath mints. I also like the cleanliness of the space especially the bathrooms with the toilet seat barrier paper and electrical bidet. Upon arrival, you check-in and asked to take a seat. There are 3 65-in monitors throughout the waiting area for you to watch for name and destination (blood chair, sonogram, billing, or nurse). I recommend sitting by the door where you will be called. Overall the entire process is about 10-15 minutes. it is efficient and smooth. If you would like to speak to a nurse you can request a meeting at the front desk and/or after your sonogram session. In my opinion, NHFC is not like a traditional doctor's office they work as a collective. I was assigned one coordinator and communicated well with the other nurses about my results and next steps. If you are expecting to see your doctor at every visit this is not that clinic. Please note, that the clinic is open Mon-Sun from 6:45 am to 12 pm and one evening for monitoring. Depending on your cycle and follicle development you could be called in often. Out of the 7 open days on average, I went in 4-5 times during the week. During my egg retrievals, the team was warm, transparent, and professional. In one session I was given an oral sedative to relax the doctor that performed the retrieval talked to me throughout to keep me calm. During my second retrieval, I was sedated the team explained the procedure and I was knocked out. After each retrieval, you are given some time to rest to gather yourself and/or to let the anesthesia wear off. You are given an electrical heated pad for your abdomen and juice and biscoff cookies (my favorite).
As discussed in a previous question, please note, that the clinic is open Mon-Sun from 6:45 am to 12 pm and one evening for monitoring. Depending on your cycle and follicle development you could be called in often. Out of the 7 open days on average, I went in 4-5 times during the week.
Fertility preservation is an expensive process! If not for my cancer diagnosis I would not be able to afford the 3 IVF cycles. I have heard in comparison to other clinics NHFC may be more reasonable for out-of-pocket. Here is an example of what I recall of some of their pricing sperm storage for $400 year, embryo and egg freezing for 10 or more $1700, less than 10 $1200, embryo biopsy is $750 per egg, monitoring $800 for the month or $200 a session, ISCI range from 5 eggs $700 to 20 eggs $2000, sperm wash $200, sperm freezing $400, sedation $650, lastly, you are given 6 months complimentary storage, then you will be charged $1200 for the year. The billing team communicates best via email for question.
Dr. Zhang recommended I freeze my embryos instead of my eggs due to my age and egg quality. I will be a solo- mommy and I'm currently reviewing donor candidates to create an embryo. This has been an extensive and thoughtful process for the physical, mental, and social-emotional well-being of my child. Once I purchase the donor sperm and have it delivered to NHFC I will be able to fertilize future eggs.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Zhang is amazing and I feel confident in his recommendations and care...if you are proactive about your care and seeking Dr. Zhang’s advice he is always available to speak. Every time I go for a monitoring appointment, he is right there in the midst of things, working with the nurses - very hands on. He will oftentimes pop in to chat before or after my ultrasound and/or is readily available if I ask to briefly speak with him...
The nurses and finance department [at New Hope Fertility Center] are also readily available for consultation - dealing with the finance side of things was so much easier than at my previous clinic. No waiting on the phone, leaving messages for multiple people with no response, etc. I also really like the post-op area of the clinic...Very efficient, kind, helpful and hardworking...
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Zhang is amazing and I feel confident in his recommendations and care. A friend had suggested I go to him since two of her friends had had success with him, one of which was what she said was a “difficult” case. Later, after I started treatment with Dr. Zhang, one of my own acquaintances said she had seen him and he had retrieved an egg from her when no other doctors had (she has an autoimmune disease). Being older with DOR, I am so happy I chose to leave my previous doctor and clinic for Dr. Zhang. Don’t be dissuaded by some of the negative reviews online, he is a true gem. If there is one thing I have learned during this journey, it is that no one is going to hold your hand during the IVF process… but if you are proactive about your care and seeking Dr. Zhang’s advice he is always available to speak. Every time I go for a monitoring appointment, he is right there in the midst of things, working with the nurses - very hands on. He will oftentimes pop in to chat before or after my ultrasound and/or is readily available if I ask to briefly speak with him.
Be proactive in seeking out his time, it takes two! Before I started seeing him, I read reviews that said he was not always present, etc. However, my impression is the complete opposite. He is always (literally) present at the clinic when I go, guiding the staff in the ultrasound area and looking at patient files. He will oftentimes pop in before or after my ultrasound to speak briefly, updating me about my cycle and answering any questions. If he does not seek me out, I ask one of the girls if I can speak to him and he makes himself available. If you go on the earlier side for monitoring (7-9am) he is always there and able to chat.
Everyone at the clinic is very nice, from the front desk and finance departments to the nurses/ultrasound staff and doctors.
Dr. Zhang specialities in mini IVF and believes in quality or quantity. I came from a clinic (Weill Cornell) that prescribed me a high stims, cookie-cutter protocol that resulted in 5 eggs retrieved but only 1 embryo (unsuccessful Day 3 fresh transfer). My first cycle with Dr. Zhang, I took Clomid and a fraction of the Gonal-F I had taken before (overall just a very trimmed down protocol) and it yielded 2 eggs retrieved. Of those 2 eggs both yielded Day 5 embryos!! Since then, I have had most of my embryos make it to blast and have gotten 2 PGT-tested normals. Dr. Zhang is willing to change protocol and try new things and I really like that about him - he is always very enthusiastic and straightforward and seems truly invested in my treatment and getting the highest quality outcome. This whole process is so much trial and error and Dr. Zhang goes above and beyond to find what works best for your unique condition.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Very efficient, kind, helpful and hardworking. Protocol is sent by the nursing staff on behalf of the doctor, via email. On one occasion I was not emailed my protocol and had to follow up, and on another they sent the incorrect protocol but I raised the questions and the problem was resolved. (Answering service got my messages to the nurses and they called me shortly thereafter.) Two slip-ups over the course of 4 cycles isn’t awful I suppose, considering the high volume of patients and emails they deal with on a daily basis.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
New Hope Fertility is a well-oiled machine with high patient volume, which is par for the course for any clinic in NYC! What sets New Hope apart from others is the overall vibe. Weill Cornell, my previous clinic, felt very sterile and impersonal from the waiting room to the monitoring appointment format. I felt like a number and was made to feel like my chances were slim due to my advanced maternal age. At New Hope, they take great care in the details - relaxing music playing, personable modern waiting area with TV monitors letting you know when they are ready for you, etc. The nurses and finance department are also readily available for consultation - dealing with the finance side of things was so much easier than at my previous clinic. No waiting on the phone, leaving messages for multiple people with no response, etc. I also really like the post-op area of the clinic. I had an awful experience at NY Presbyterian Hospital where Weill Cornell operates out of… New Hope feels like a spa by comparison! Cushy reclining chairs, soft blanket, heating pad and calming music. Just makes the whole experience much less intense. My only advice to anyone going to New Hope is that, like with all larger clinics, you need to be proactive about your care and seeking out the many resources available to you.
Very efficient and quick monitoring appointments! After you check in, there are TV screens all around the clinic that let you know when it’s your turn and where to go. I’m usually out within 30-45 minutes.
2021 - 2022, Successful
I felt really comfortable with Dr. Liu's capabilities in directing my cycles and making changes as we progressed. He is updated on all the latest technology and gave me information in an upfront yet gentle way. I also really appreciated how positive he was...I had a very light medication protocol, which ended up producing about the same number of eggs as I previously produced using a ton of meds (at another clinic). The most amount of eggs that I produced was 6...
New Hope was very organized from everything to going there for appointments- you check in, wait to see your name on the screen for blood work, ultrasound, billing. I never had to wait very long although I am an out of town patient so I did not go there for monitoring. I thought communication was great with the nurses. Keep in mind going in that you are not going to have the most personable experience but you are going to NH for their expertise and "non cookie cutter approach"...
How was your experience with Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center?
This process is difficult, emotional and exhausting. But, I think its important to trust your doctor so I would say, trust Dr. Liu, with the understanding that he knows what he is doing.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center?
New Hope is a very organized clinic. Information was mostly conveyed via email. But, for important issues, I would always get a phone call from Dr. Liu.
Describe the protocols Zitao Liu used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We started by using just clomid but that did not work well. So, Dr. Liu added in some gonal. I had a very light medication protocol, which ended up producing about the same number of eggs as I previously produced using a ton of meds (at another clinic). The most amount of eggs that I produced was 6. My other cycles only produced 1-3 eggs.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
I had a few different nurses for each cycle. But, I always received an email with detailed instructions or a response to my questions within an hour or so of my question.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
In my experience, New Hope was very organized from everything to going there for appointments- you check in, wait to see your name on the screen for blood work, ultrasound, billing. I never had to wait very long although I am an out of town patient so I did not go there for monitoring. I thought communication was great with the nurses. Keep in mind going in that you are not going to have the most personable experience but you are going to NH for their expertise and "non cookie cutter approach".
I did not have monitoring at NH since I am an out of town patient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center.
My insurance covered after my deductible.
Describe Zitao Liu's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
I only had 1 embryo to transfer so we did a single embryo transfer.
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr Merhi ALWAYS has treated me as a human, Remembered details about me and has been completely on top of my care at all times, even when he is not physically in the office...He has been thorough, showed me kindness and I can tell he genuinely wants us to have our baby...I would not consider myself an easy patient as I like to understand everything that is going on, ask many questions and the process can be very difficult for me He has never once made me feel rushed or like a number. He is thorough, kind, empathetic, charismatic and most importantly extremely good at dictating and adjusting the protocols needed for you to have your baby.
I have not one bad word to say about New Hope and I have (unfortunately) been a patient for a long time. as I am doing mostly natural cycle, which can take time. They are busy, clean, well located and run like a well oiled machine. Some people could feel overwhelmed at such a busy clinic but I do not at all. I am familiar with many of the staff now and it is a pleasant experience going there. Excellent daily monitoring hours.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
I have unfortunately had a long experience with some set backs trying to conceive. Dr Merhi has cared for me since day one and I struggle to imagine a better doctor. He has been thorough, showed me kindness and I can tell he genuinely wants us to have our baby. No matter how long it takes I would never want anyone else to be in charge of my care. I would not consider myself an easy patient as I like to understand everything that is going on, ask many questions and the process can be very difficult for me He has never once made me feel rushed or like a number. He is thorough, kind, empathetic, charismatic and most importantly extremely good at dictating and adjusting the protocols needed for you to have your baby.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Book in with him as soon as you can. You will not regret it. Expect that at New Hope the doctors often work as a team effort so know that even if it doesn't seem that you see him often, he is still always reviewing your results and making decisions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Zaher Merhi used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Many natural cycles (usually producing one eggs) Few mini ivf cycles )usually producing one-three eggs)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
New Hops nurses are a wonderful group of women. They are thorough and attentive and always pleasant to deal with. Sometimes it can be a challenge getting a response from them but you can always call and speak to someone or send another email and that always does the trick. They are a very busy clinic some days.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center.
I have no fertility insurance coverage so everything for me is self paying. Monitoring unlimited $800 Egg Retrieval $1250
Describe Zaher Merhi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
SET only for tested blasts Willing to be flexible for 3 day untested embryos

2020, Consult
He [Dr. Merhi] is a strong proponent of PGT testing embryos and because of that recommends single embryo transfer...I had been through a lot of cycles and he listened to each step I had been through and asked questions along the way. He validated what I was already thinking - that low does was the path forward. He also encouraged me that there were quite a few other options before donor eggs needs to be discussed which has been a change from other clinics I spoke to.
Strengths [of New Hope Fertility Center] would be their technology. Their lab is top notch which is important to me. The weakness would be that they seem to push birth control as a way to prime which I don't think works for everyone. Although they are open to trying something else if you request it so its important to be knowledgeable going in...
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
By the time I met with Dr Mehi I had consulted with a lot of clinics and was set on moving forward only with low dose IVF. I had been through a lot of cycles and he listened to each step I had been through and asked questions along the way. He validated what I was already thinking - that low does was the path forward. He also encouraged me that there were quite a few other options before donor eggs needs to be discussed which has been a change from other clinics I spoke to. But at the same time he was realistic and let me know that I would likely need more than one cycle and why that was case which was appreciated.
Be open to both positive and not so positive info since I think he is realistic. He wants to help and will spell out how he can do that but he also wants to provide you with the facts.
Dr Merhi was very personable and friendly. I didn't feel like he was rushing me and it felt like he was truly interested in understanding my path so far. He gave me the encouragement I needed that I still had options and shouldn't give up hope.
Mini IVF/low dose IVF is the treatment recommended for me mainly because I have diminished ovarian reserve. I have already tried a high dose IVF and had no better response than when I did medicated IUI. So he said it really didn't make sense to use high dose since we know my body won't respond to it.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strengths would be their technology. Their lab is top notch which is important to me. The weakness would be that they seem to push birth control as a way to prime which I don't think works for everyone. Although they are open to trying something else if you request it so its important to be knowledgeable going in.
The costs seemed very competitive to me. However, mine were related to low dose IVF. They are very open about sending you the full price list after your consult so it all seemed very clear and there was no grey areas.
He is a strong proponent of PGT testing embryos and because of that recommends single embryo transfer.

2020, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Zhang] is very experienced with mini IVF using oral medications mostly and/or low dose injectables and IVF for women over 40. He also experienced in doing ovarian PRP for women who struggle with egg quality and quantity....The clinic [New Hope] and he have a lot of experience doing mini IVF. So they use a combo of both letrozole and clomid together or separately as well as very low dose injectables. The rationale is having quality over quantity...
They [New Hope] are busy with many patients but the prices are affordable for people who do not have IVF coverage. They specialize in Mini IVF so that also makes meds cheaper since you don't take a lot of the expensive injectable meds. The in house PGS testing is affordable. Even if you start with a certain doctor, that doctor may not be the one giving your instructions so make sure you check in with your doctor during the cycle if you have questions....You deal with multiple nurses [at New Hope] so that makes it harder. For example I had to ask each nurse each time to use a certain insurance code on my outside monitoring orders...
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
He is very experienced with mini IVF using oral medications mostly and/or low dose injectables and IVF for women over 40. He also experienced in doing ovarian PRP for women who struggle with egg quality and quantity.
They seem like a busy clinic so be your own advocate and don't let yourself fall through the cracks.
I felt like during the phone consult he spent time discussing my case. I felt he cared and had experience I was looking for.
The clinic and he have a lot of experience doing mini IVF. So they use a combo of both letrozole and clomid together or separately as well as very low dose injectables. The rationale is having quality over quantity.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
You deal with multiple nurses so that makes it harder. For example I had to ask each nurse each time to use a certain insurance code on my outside monitoring orders.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
They are busy with many patients but the prices are affordable for people who do not have IVF coverage. They specialize in Mini IVF so that also makes meds cheaper since you don't take a lot of the expensive injectable meds. The in house PGS testing is affordable. Even if you start with a certain doctor, that doctor may not be the one giving your instructions so make sure you check in with your doctor during the cycle if you have questions.
the prices are al la carte. The prices are pretty affordable
The clinic does a lot of PGS testing due to the low pricing of in house PGS testing and the advanced ages of the women. So they do many single embryo transfers in this case. They will transfer multiple embryos if not tested or if they are day 3 embryos.
New Hope Fertility Center

I always felt like he [Dr. Olcha] was giving me his full attention - he was always in the office when I would go in for monitoring the mornings. I think he works everyday because I would always see him which was so lovely. He could always come in to my scans and give me feedback right there which was really helpful for me because I like to be informed...He made what tends to be a stressful situation so easy and positive! I truly have only good things to say about my experience.
Before my first cycle [at New Hope Fertility Center] and before the second cycle, I took birth control to baseline everything... The results were good both times - he [Dr. Olcha] seemed really happy with it - overall, 18 eggs retrieved and 17 frozen...The nurses were AMAZING. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. They really helped me with any additional questions I had...Tons of seating and really open and bright with lots of windows. I visited other locations with waiting areas that are dark and depressing with women waiting packed together in a room - that does not work for me! After checking in with the receptionist (who were all so friendly),
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
From the moment I met Dr. Olcha, I knew I would be in the best hands. I didn't know much at the beginning of the process about anything and he was so patient and explained everything to me. During my first retrieval, I had a ton of questions but he answered everything and really made me feel at ease. My experience was really positive - the medication he prescribed to me for both cycles was so easy - the injections didn't hurt - it was a dream scenario. I responded well both times and had good outcomes and he was happy with the results and was really with me every step of the way both times. I am so fortunate to have had Dr. Olcha as my doctor. He made what tends to be a stressful situation so easy and positive! I truly have only good things to say about my experience.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
My advice to a prospective patient of Dr. Olcha's would be NOT to worry. He's the best! You can't go wrong!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Olcha is the best doctor. I always felt like he was giving me his full attention - he was always in the office when I would go in for monitoring the mornings. I think he works everyday because I would always see him which was so lovely. He could always come in to my scans and give me feedback right there which was really helpful for me because I like to be informed.
Describe the protocols Meir Olcha used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
For both cycles, my treatment was pretty similar. Before my first cycle and before the second cycle, I took birth control to baseline everything. Then once I started, it was a Follstim injection every night for the whole time with Clomid for the whole time as well and Letrozole for the first 5 nights. Orillissa before I triggered, and then the retrievals! It was really easy and pain-free - the injections did not hurt me at all even though I was so scared in the beginning! I would go in for monitoring early in the morning and he would always have instructions for me on what protocol to do next right away and I never had to wait long. The results were good both times - he seemed really happy with it - overall, 18 eggs retrieved and 17 frozen.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nurses were AMAZING. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. They really helped me with any additional questions I had. They were so patient in showing me how to inject myself, etc. All of the nurses are amazing at New Hope!
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
I have nothing but great things to say about New Hope! The offices are beautiful - right on Columbus Circle - it's large and spacious and very calming (I love the fish tanks!). They really know what they are doing and are so professional. I researched other places before deciding to go with New Hope. What they do their is so impressive! I really think they are the best at what they do.
I loved going in for monitoring! It the highlight of my weeks! The lobby/waiting area is so lovely and spacious. Tons of seating and really open and bright with lots of windows. I visited other locations with waiting areas that are dark and depressing with women waiting packed together in a room - that does not work for me! After checking in with the receptionist (who were all so friendly), I'd sit and wait for a few minutes before being called in for bloodwork. I don't love getting my blood taken but everyone at New Hope was so gentle and I survived every time and it barely hurt and they made me feel at ease. Then when I would get called in for the ultrasound, it was so fun and informative to see everything on the screen and how my follicles were progressing. Dr. Olcha works so hard everyday so every morning that I would go in for monitoring, he would be there! It was nice to have him in all of my scans! Chelsea, the physician's assistant who works with Dr. Olcha, is also a star. She is so lovely and I am so thankful she was there doing most of my scans for me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center.
The costs were in line with what was originally outlined - I did my research so I pretty much knew what they would be. I think it was well worth the expense.
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr Olcha suggested single embryo transfer to avoid any complications or birth defects...treated us very nicely and always there for us whether it's a sonogram or consultation or any questions. He never hesitated to answer any question whether it was face to face or via email...was very friendly and cleared every doubt we had regarding the IVF. He took personal interest at every level to make sure we are comfortable. He even wrote a letter to our insurance explaining our situation for shifting from IUI to IVF. Our first FET was unsuccessful due to unknown reasons which was done by another doctor. He made sure the second one be a success and took every measures to make it success and it did. We are happy, we choose New Hope and Dr. Meir Olcha.
Strengths [at New Hope Fertility Center] would be: The clinic is well staffed. Whether it is for blood work or sonogram or Insurance and billing help. I don't think they have any weakness...doctors are well experienced and really helpful...20 eggs were retrieved. Among them, 18 were fertilized, and 11 reached the blastocyst stage. Others were abnormal so were discarded. I was prescribed some other medications to make sure the 2nd FET to be a successful. And one of them was stopped on the day of FET and others were continued till 10 weeks of pregnancy.
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Olcha was very friendly and cleared every doubt we had regarding the IVF. He took personal interest at every level to make sure we are comfortable. He even wrote a letter to our insurance explaining our situation for shifting from IUI to IVF. Our first FET was unsuccessful due to unknown reasons which was done by another doctor. He made sure the second one be a success and took every measures to make it success and it did. We are happy, we choose New Hope and Dr. Meir Olcha.
Make sure, you are open to Dr. Olcha and explain him all your concerns and questions so he could treat you accordingly.
Dr Olcha treated us very nicely and always there for us whether it's a sonogram or consultation or any questions. He never hesitated to answer any question whether it was face to face or via email.
I was prescribed a medicine for the follicles to grow. 20 eggs were retrieved. Among them, 18 were fertilized, and 11 reached the blastocyst stage. Others were abnormal so were discarded. I was prescribed some other medications to make sure the 2nd FET to be a successful. And one of them was stopped on the day of FET and others were continued till 10 weeks of pregnancy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
You will be called within 10 mins of your check in time. They were very gentle while drawing the blood or while doing the sonogram. They made sure, we are comfortable at every step.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strengths would be: The clinic is well staffed. Whether it is for blood work or sonogram or Insurance and billing help. I don't think they have any weakness. Al the doctors are well experienced and really helpful.
75% was covered by our insurance for all fertility treatment and copay of 20$ for diagnostics and 30$ for doctor visit was charged.
Describe Meir Olcha's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
Dr Zhang and Dr Olcha suggested single embryo transfer to avoid any complications or birth defects.

2 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
I was so nervous of transferring the frozen eggs to a new facility but Dr. Olcha and the embryologist team at New Hope put me at ease. Their communication was amazing! I was also very nervous during my fresh egg retrieval because I did not use anesthesia. Dr. Olcha was great and I'm so glad I did it that way...Although it's a big clinic, I never felt like just a number with my doctor. The clinic is ran like a well oiled machine which was a relief to me based on my experience with my last clinic. The only weakness that I can state is that I would frequently submit required documents and test results but they would consistently state that they never received them.
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
I came to New Hope Fertility Clinic after a failed IVF experience at another clinic. During our 1st meeting with Dr. Olcha, I knew that we would be in good hands. Dr. Olcha is direct yet personable. He answered all of our questions in detail and made us feel heard. Although New Hope is a big clinic, I did not have the feeling that I was just a number. Prior to my procedure, Dr. Olcha checked on me frequently throughout email and phone. He answered any questions that I had quickly.
If you are trying to determine what doctor to use at New Hope, I would definitely recommend Dr. Olcha.
Dr. Olcha was personable and always responded to all my questions and concerns.
I had already froze 29 eggs from another clinic. After meeting with Dr. Olcha, we decided to thaw 15 of those eggs and complete another IVF cycle. Dr. Olcha was able to do fresh egg retrieval which resulted in 19 eggs. We ended up with 9 embryos then sent them for PGS testing. We now have three PGS normal embryos. I was so nervous of transferring the frozen eggs to a new facility but Dr. Olcha and the embryologist team at New Hope put me at ease. Their communication was amazing! I was also very nervous during my fresh egg retrieval because I did not use anesthesia. Dr. Olcha was great and I'm so glad I did it that way.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
I would highly recommend New Hope Fertility Center. Although it's a big clinic, I never felt like just a number with my doctor. The clinic is ran like a well oiled machine which was a relief to me based on my experience with my last clinic. The only weakness that I can state is that I would frequently submit required documents and test results but they would consistently state that they never received them.
My insurance paid for majority of treatment. I believe we had to pay $1,200 co-insurance and $5,500 for PGS testing
2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Olcha is very communicative and you can reach him with a simple email. He makes it a point to meet with you after procedures. My medication changed and he called me on his day off to explain why he wanted to change things around. He's compassionate and very thorough. At our initial consultation he even told us an ideal diet you should have when trying to conceive...
[New Hope Fertility Center] clinic doesnt push all the normal medications if you dont want them. They offer a variety of IVF treatments including a natural IVF which is no stimulating drugs and just a trigger shot to release the egg for retrieval. I was drawn to this practice because they focus on one good quality egg and not the amount of eggs...[cost]about 1500 for retrieval, transfer about 7000. Every monitoring appointment, cost varies
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr Olcha is very communicative and you can reach him with a simple email. He makes it a point to meet with you after procedures. My medication changed and he called me on his day off to explain why he wanted to change things around. He's compassionate and very thorough. At our initial consultation he even told us an ideal diet you should have when trying to conceive. He was the first doctor to mention that and educate me, with all the other doctors I did a ton of research and found out all of this info.
Stay positive!
He is extremely considerate and even called to talk to me on his day off.
Clomid 2x a day and Letrozole 1x a day. Stopped Letrozole and then stopped Clomid because FSH was rising too high. I did a mini ivf which Dr Olcha thought was a good way to go because sometimes many places use too many drugs and that could harm the egg/embryo. I received 2 eggs, when in the retrieval he actually had one retrieved that was 10 mm (which Ive never heard of, usually they only will retrieve if theyre 18mm). The egg matured and was fertilized but sadly by day 3 failed to grow. I am now on birth control to hopefully get my hormones more balanced for the next try.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nursing staff is great. They seem very positive and on point.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
This clinic doesnt push all the normal medications if you dont want them. They offer a variety of IVF treatments including a natural IVF which is no stimulating drugs and just a trigger shot to release the egg for retrieval. I was drawn to this practice because they focus on one good quality egg and not the amount of eggs. They even offer an At Home IVF, which during these times is such a great offering!
Monitoring appointments have great hours. 7-2 pm and they even offer a 6-9. Really convenient
about 1500 for retrieval, transfer about 7000. Every monitoring appointment, cost varies, Medications are separate. Freezing of eggs 1500. light anesthesia 150
2020, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Lana Lipkin] is LGBTQ friendly and culturally competent. She is patient and a good listener. She considers my desires and opinions when creating her management plan. She clearly communicates her plan and strategy and is happy to answer all of my questions in detail...I have only completed 2 cycles with Dr. Lipkin. The first cycle she used Letrizole to gently stimulate my ovaries.
The clinic [New Hope Fertility Center] is well run, clean, organized, and good at communicating. The waiting room is inviting and has snacks and beverages and monitors that indicate when and where a patient is being called for blood/sono/financial/etc. I have found the staff to be 100% kind and compassionate and helpful.
How was your experience with Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
She is LGBTQ friendly and culturally competent. She is patient and a good listener. She considers my desires and opinions when creating her management plan. She clearly communicates her plan and strategy and is happy to answer all of my questions in detail.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
Don't hesitate to tell her what is important to you because she will listen and take your priorities into consideration.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
She is a fantastic listener, always willing to explain all the reasons behind her strategy and to answer all my questions.
Describe the protocols Lana Lipkin used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I have only completed 2 cycles with Dr. Lipkin. The first cycle she used Letrizole to gently stimulate my ovaries. I produced 4 follicles. After and ovidril trigger, all four were retrieved. Only two were immediately mature enough to have ICSI. The remaining 2 were cultured until they were mature enough and also had ICSI. Only one made it to blastocyst (rated: 312). That single blastocyst was transferred and did not end in pregnancy. The second cycle was again with Letrizole stimulation. I only produced 2 follicles and began to have an LH surge on my own. She monitored my LH (but did not trigger me). They were able to retrieve both eggs and only one reached blastocyst (rated: 411). This blastocyst we decided to freeze due to the stress of Covid-19 (I am an essential worker) and in order give my ovaries a break before attempting to stimulate them again in 1mo in hopes of getting another blastocyst for transfer.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The entire staff at New Hope is kind, welcoming, and compassionate.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is well run, clean, organized, and good at communicating. The waiting room is inviting and has snacks and beverages and monitors that indicate when and where a patient is being called for blood/sono/financial/etc. I have found the staff to be 100% kind and compassionate and helpful.
Well oiled machine. They offer early hours which allowed me to monitor without missing any work. They move people through in a timely and respectful manner.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center.
Our insurance doesn't cover our fertility treatments but New Hope has significantly reduced prices for patients paying out of pocket. We have been pleasantly surprised by the cost and expected it to be almost twice the cost.
Describe Lana Lipkin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
Dr. Lipkin and I both decided that it would be best to only transfer one embryo at a time. I typically am unable to produce more than one egg that reaches blastocyst anyway.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
There was a single email from a nurse with my trigger and retrieval time that had a typo in the hour in one portion of the email but was correct in another portion. I emailed back to clarify and got a prompt response with an apology for the error and the corrected/consistent trigger & retrieval time.
New Hope Fertility Center
Dr. Olcha made the entire process very simple. His expertise, professionalism and personal manner made it very easy for me and my husband. We were more than happy with every detail of the process. The entire experience seemed so simple yet personal. Never did we have any doubt on anything as Dr. Olcha was very good in explaining everything... made sure I didn’t need too much IVF injections and was monitored on a daily basis. Once my eggs were at a good size; in one simple procedure he was able to retrieve 26 eggs! And 8 embryos were then then frozen. We also did genetics testing as we hoped our first born be a boy along with checking for diseases. The entire process was well communicated at all times. In my next cycle he performed our chosen embryo transfer. Everything went very well and I am now 9 weeks pregnant thanks to Dr. Olcha!
The nursing staff [at New Hope Fertility Center] are a great reflection on the clinic. Each and every nurse are super nice and attentive. Any time I had the most simply question they were are very helpful. My emails would also be responded to in a timely manner. I must say the nurses are a great contribution to the clinic and the great work that takes place there. Well done! I will miss seeing your familiar faces!
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Please pick him as your primary doctor. He is simply the best! If I needed fertility treatment again: he is my number 1 option!
Dr Olcha has been an amazing doctor for me and my husband. From our very first meeting up to gratulating with babe at week 9 he has been thorough in every detail. We have always felt very comfortable with him and so happy we decided to have him as our primary doctor. Every step he been a breeze for us due to his calm, professional and very approachable manner. Without him we would not be where we are today. I would definitely recommend him to those many couples who are struggling with fertility. Thank you!
Dr. Olcha made sure I didn’t need too much IVF injections and was monitored on a daily basis. Once my eggs were at a good size; in one simple procedure he was able to retrieve 26 eggs! And 8 embryos were then then frozen. We also did genetics testing as we hoped our first born be a boy along with checking for diseases. The entire process was well communicated at all times. In my next cycle he performed our chosen embryo transfer. Everything went very well and I am now 9 weeks pregnant thanks to Dr. Olcha!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nursing staff are a great reflection on the clinic. Each and every nurse are super nice and attentive. Any time I had the most simply question they were are very helpful. My emails would also be responded to in a timely manner. I must say the nurses are a great contribution to the clinic and the great work that takes place there. Well done! I will miss seeing your familiar faces!
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Everything in the clinic is amazing, from the doctors, nurses, staff, waiting area, soft music in the back ground and even the light scent in the air makes coming to this clinic very easy. I have always felt very comfortable coming to this clinic and enjoyed every visit. Also knowing they have teh bat staff and technology I never had a moments doubt that our treatment here would be successful.
All the nurses and staff were super nice and very friendly. They always remembered me and made feel comfortable. Thank you! I will miss seeing you.
Costs were very good and way within budget. We were very happy.

2016 - 2019, Successful
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
As a patient, it’s important for me to feel safe and understood. It’s important for me to feel comfortable with people in the clinic and it’s important for me to feel comfortable with doctors. All that I had just said described Dr. Zhang and his clinic [New Hope Fertility Center]. He listens to our frustration and how much impact it’s carrying us and also financially.
The only weakness I have to say is to really be a bit more organize on some areas. For example, I had done bloodworks already and they kept asking me for particular blood work reports which I had given. ... The clinic’s [New Hope Fertility Center] atmosphere is friendly and open. ... During blood work monitoring, they know I have thin veins and they are careful. ... The embryologist I meet during transfers, super nice and friendly. They show me my embryo on the screen and they really check to make sure it is me and I understand exacting what is going on.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
As a patient, it’s important for me to feel safe and understood. It’s important for me to feel comfortable with people in the clinic and it’s important for me to feel comfortable with doctors. All that I had just said described Dr. Zhang and his clinic. He listens to our frustration and how much impact it’s carrying us and also financially.
To always trust your gut feeling. Listen and ask millions of questions.
From all other fertility clinics we’ve been to, New Hope was friendly. Dr. Zhang and staff were friendly and organized. They saw me as a human being not an object of someone just coming in for treatments. They understand our frustration and our pain. We’ve also endured two stillbirths. They know the pain and heartache of losing two precious babies and trying again and not working. Dr. Zhang is there to questions that’s needing answers. He is always available to talk to without paying...he understands!
I was preparing for retrieval’s of my own eggs (one or two he sees), he uses minimal meds. Trigger shots when it’s time for retrieval in two days , I don’t remember the meds I had taken. For preparing egg donor transfers, I have been taking estradiol, promethium....depends on my blood work result if it needs some adjusting I had taken prednisone, progesterone shot on my butt, baby aspirin, enoxaparin injection on my stomach. Sometimes my lining needs to be thicker so they up my use to progesterone sometimes.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
We started seeing Dr. Zhang back in 2016 and we are still doing that:) the staff are wonderful. When I come in they know me and don’t need to tell them my name. They input it on their computer and they know I’ve already arrived. During blood work monitoring, they know I have thin veins and they are careful. Nurse are available to talk to and few I’ve met and talked to. They are super nice, cordial and you ask them anything even if it’s embarrassing or disgusting. The sonographers I absolutely love. They know our loses and they are so sweet. They talk to me about how I’m doing and how my day is going. They always try to lift my spirits. Other doctors on site are fantastic. They are friendly and you can ask them anything and they are there to help you. Nurse after my transfers, super sweet. You feel comfortable and they don’t rush you to get up and leave. The staff during transfers, they give me instructions what to do and they are caring too. The embryologist I meet during transfers, super nice and friendly. They show me my embryo on the screen and they really check to make sure it is me and I understand exacting what is going on. Doctors who performs the transfers are friendly and I can ask anything even though he is busy doing what he needs to do.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is amazing. There are more patients than ever. The clinic’s atmosphere is friendly and open. The only weakness I have to say is to really be a bit more organize on some areas. For example, I had done bloodworks already and they kept asking me for particular blood work reports which I had given. They’ve asked me Numerous times and I keep being copies for them. Whoever scans the documents, they need scan better and put it in my file. At one time only, a nurse emailed me my blood work result and protocol. The meds she told me was to take clomid. But that’s for retrieval. I was doing transfers. So one nurse emailed me and corrected it. Also, I keep getting ask if I’m Allergic to medications. I did tell them so many times yes and gave them the name and still keeps asking me. It’s ok. I learn to answer each time:)
My monitoring experience is great. The ladies who gets my blood has no problem. Although I have small veins, they still manage to get it done. They always ask me if I’m doing ok. As for sonogram, I love the ladies there. So respectful. I get along well with them. They know how hard and how long and our loses. They’ve become my friends there. Always smiling. :) which I love. Makes my day.
We’ve been doing fertility for 9 and half long years. My husband and I have seen numerous doctors. The billing at the Dr. Zhang’s office is very organized. There’s always three there. They know your name and what needs to be paid. They even tell you what it’s for and if the insurance paid or not and explained why. They even have online service to pay online now too. They are friendly. My husband and I pay out of pocket fertility for nine and half long years. For donor eggs we have $13,200 for 6 eggs. Then they tell us how survived. For example, embryologist will email and tell me they get 5 out of 6 ready to be sent out for genetic testing. Before sending we have to pay $750 per embryo to be tested first before being sent out. Ones we do that we have 7-10 days to wait and they will email with results. Then they will email again and tell us how many survived and how many healthy with grades on them and explanation of their grades. So imagine having failed donor eggs many many times $13,200 x 5 times. We are financially medically in debt. We need help!
When we did our transfer in Cancun Mexico, the doctor there transferred four embryos all the time. Out of three cycles, I was pregnant but resulted in 10 week miscarriage. Dr. Zhang and his colleague transfers one embryo at a time per rules. He picks the best embryos for transfers.
New Hope Fertility Center

I met with Dr. Zhang once and did not develop any relationships with the staff. If this were my first clinic or cycle I would be put off but at this point I just wanted results I did not need hand holding... is an extremely smart and willing to think outside of the box. I am thrilled I found him when I did, only 1 cycle led to success!! Knowing that he is the owner/founder I understood he would be very busy but trusting a doctor of his caliber assured me to trust his staff.
Location [of New Hope Fertility Center] is good however the first time I could not easily find the building. Also, the security needs to know the difference between floors 3 & 4, a few times I was directed to the wrong floor. Clinic itself is large and clean. Nice refreshment station and the best part is the salt water fish tank. The reception desk individuals are very welcoming...Aside from getting my blood drawn at the first consult, retrieval and transfer, the only interaction I had with the nurses was with email. During the stim cycle they are very responsive. During transfer and ongoing pregnancy the email communication isn't as responsive, could due to the number of patients, vacation time, patient priority. The nurses are all very professional in person and email.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Zhang is an extremely smart and willing to think outside of the box. I am thrilled I found him when I did, only 1 cycle led to success!! Knowing that he is the owner/founder I understood he would be very busy but trusting a doctor of his caliber assured me to trust his staff.
Do your own research, bring your own questions and take a chance!
It is a very busy clinic, I met with Dr. Zhang once and did not develop any relationships with the staff. If this were my first clinic or cycle I would be put off but at this point I just wanted results I did not need hand holding.
Mini ivf using clomid, letrozol, cetrotide and very small doses of follistim.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Location is good however the first time I could not easily find the building. Also, the security needs to know the difference between floors 3 & 4, a few times I was directed to the wrong floor. Clinic itself is large and clean. Nice refreshment station and the best part is the salt water fish tank. The reception desk individuals are very welcoming.
I think in total the cost was ~14k. The part that was annoying was since I was doing outside monitoring it cost me an additional 1k each month for NHFC to review the results.
No comment.
New Hope Fertility Center

1st retrieval [with Dr. Olcha] was a cyst so we grew the remaining follicles. He tweaked the Clomid dosage...Next cycle he might do clomid + injectables (Im doing "mini ivf")...He actually cares. I feel he is customizing & tweaking everything based on most recent results. he takes time to explain everything & make sure Im at ease & understand everything. When doing my retrieval (my 1st ever) he explained to me every step of the way which kept me so calm. I know the difference since my prior doc treated me like a #. Dr Olcha is night and day from her & Im soooo happy I switched to him. Doctor Nps
I usually deal with [the nurses at New Hope] who draw blood + the sonogram. Nurses usually just email the instructions (after you leave). the ones I have dealt at the clinic, some are very dry/no bedside manners....one told me I was pregnant (instead of letting doc tell me...it was a chemical pregnancy)...i saw her again 2 weeks later & she didnt even remember me...[monitoring is a] super well oiled machine. Window is 7am thru 1pm....7-9am if you want to speak to a doctor. I would get in 7:45 and be our by 8:30-8:45 in time to get to work. Super easy
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr Olcha was my 2nd doctor here. He came in to explain how they couldn’t do retrieval the next day (what would have been my 1st) since I had ovulated…Orlissa didn’t work for me. He explained to me in 5 mins more than my prior doc at same clinic had explained to me in 2 months with her. He gave me options (clomid to grow rest of follicules vs timed intercourse which he recommended the later). I had a consultation with him since I noticed he was an RE & I just kept thinking of how different (good) I felt with him vs my prior doctor. 10 seconds into the meeting I started crying…it was like all my walls came down & I felt safe…I felt I could ask him and I wasn’t being rushed. He said “don’t cry, you are going to make me cry!”…something my prior doc would have NEVER said. I knew right there he saw me as a person, a human, not just another body. He went on to explain the whole process, calm/not rushed, would draw as he explained, talked in simple terms so you can understand. He looked at my prior results & immediately said what needed to be tweaked. On my 1st egg retrieval – it ended up being an empty follicule (Cyst). Again he came to give me the bad news (vs sending a nurse). He knew my plan didn’t cover it & it was all out of pocket so he said he would process it thru my medical insurance as a cyst removal and if they covered it, I would get a credit with New Hope. That was the case which was a $1250 relief I could use towards next procedure. This also was my 1st retrieval ever. He kept me so calm, telling me what he was doing as he was doing it. That helped a lot! He said we would grow the remaining ones (lutheal fase & plan of action) On my 2nd retrieval, I had 2 eggs retrieved, 1 fertilized. It didn’t make it to day 7. He said he would call me but since we had a consultation he figured he explained 1:1. Again he explained everything so clearly going step by step of the process & where my embryo stopped growing. I literally leave his office with so much hope every time since he explains every step & he has a plan of action already. He makes me feel safe & taken care of. He works weekends which is great since less people there. When I get monitoring (blood & sonogram) – I usually see him right after looking at my results & getting to plan of action. He sometimes will either come in during or after the monitoring and answer any questions. He is very hands on. My prior doc I was with for 2 months & saw her twice (1st consultation + a meeting scheduled by me). With Dr Olcha I’ve seem him almost every time I’ve been there & If I don’t, I get very detailed emails from his nurse support team with his recommendations. Im so happy I switched to him. He is the reason I have hope & feel like I can trust the science. That he is looking out for me & doing what is best for me. Its truly customized & making changes as we go & know more. He is night and day from my prior doc & I will recommend him to ANYONE (I already have). He is the best combination of knowledgeable, calm, compassionate, very good at explaining…..he is the PERFECT COMBO OF SCIENCE MEETS HEART! I feel so lucky God put him on my path. I trust he will get me there
Ask him anything. He will explain and you will feel so much better after.
1st retrieval was a cyst so we grew the remaining follicles. He tweaked the Clomid dosage (from 100mg from prior doc to 50 mg)...not sure if since I was in lutheal phase. Next cycle he might do clomid + injectables (Im doing "mini ivf")
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
I usually deal with those who draw blood + the sonogram. Nurses usually just email the instructions (after you leave). the ones I have dealt at the clinic, some are very dry/no bedside manners....one told me I was pregnant (instead of letting doc tell me...it was a chemical pregnancy)...i saw her again 2 weeks later & she didnt even remember me (even do she did a big mistake).
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strength - Very efficient. You are in & out in 30-60 mins. I have time to get to work before 9am. Never a long wait You come in, check in, then look at monitor which tells you chair to draw blood or sonogram room. After you get email with instructions & next steps. weakness - some of the nurses & Dr Lipkin (no bedside manners)....need a little bit more compassion. My doc is great so it's worth it for me.
retrieval - 1,250 fertilizing egg to embryo - 1,500 Trigger shot - $100 Monthly monitoring - 200-250/month (my health plan covers 80% so I guess cost would be 1k if not)
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
just 1 incident where I had 2 nurses send me emails with different instructions. This is before I know after monitoring you just go home & wait for the email so...I actually had someone tell me there what the next steps where. I replied to the email & said "i was told xyz(A), one of you is stating that (A) but another nurse emailed be (B)...which one is it??"....nurse I knew called me & clarified.
New Hope Fertility Center

She [Dr. Lipkin] gives you the minimum (information wise)...When asking about retrieval & if she would do all my procedures she laughed and said “no there is a group of doctors here & depends who is assigned for it that day. But don’t worry (insert laugh)…’it’s a very easy procedure – anyone can do it really” (thought it was very unprofessional & didn’t like fact she thought this was a joke. For someone who’s never done this, it’s a pretty big deal specially the 1st time. She did not give me that comfort security feeling at all. On my consultations with her - I felt rushed & was trying to get as much in since I could feel her being annoyed. It was very clear to me every time I was just a body to her...didnt get the feeling a)she was doing her best for me or b)even believed I could get pregnant.
had 2 nurses [at New Hope Fertility Center] emailed me 2 different conflicting instructions. Luckily I stayed at clinic until I was told my next steps (didnt know yet at this point they always email you & you dont have to wait there for it). I asked for clarification & nurse called me & confirmed...never got to retrieval since I ovulated...Strength - very organized, efficient, great billing department, great front desk staff, great hours/opened weekends, Weakness - nurses bedside manners are lacking. Advice - do your research on the doctors & maybe have a consultation with a few to figure out best match for you. I stayed too long with Dr Lipkin. I've understood more & been taken care of more by Dr Olcha than I did with Lipkin.
How was your experience with Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
I was at New Hope for 2 months before switching doctors (from Lipkin to Dr Olcha…did a review for him too). I had a consultation with her and she seemed cold, robotic, very factual which is fine, answering questions with a smirk (ego type of laugh)…I felt like I was just one more for her. It was our 1st meeting & not even 5 minutes in she said “You know….you don’t have to take so many notes…we are the experts, you need to trust”. I explained that I do that anywhere for future reference in case I forget. When asking about retrieval & if she would do all my procedures she laughed and said “no there is a group of doctors here & depends who is assigned for it that day. But don’t worry (insert laugh)…’it’s a very easy procedure – anyone can do it” (thought it was very unprofessional & didn’t like fact she thought this was a joke. For someone who’s never done this, it’s a pretty big deal specially the 1st time. She did not give me that comfort security feeling at all. On our 2nd meeting (which I scheduled since after 2 months I hadn’t seen her yet since our original consultation), I had a list of questions. I felt rushed & was trying to get as much in since I could feel her being annoyed. One of my questions was “why where we doing “mini ivf vs. regular ivf?”. Her response was “because we cant create something out of nothing”…after this I froze, felt shocked & realized no point in asking more questions. I felt like crying. I realized then that she did not care for me. She did not believe she could get me pregnant. I was just one more…one more body. I asked what was my ovarian reserve & she said it should be 4-5 follicles per ovary so yours is low even for your age”. I asked my new doctor the same question a month later & he said it was consistent with my age (2-3 total). Our 2nd meeting was also when I found out by a nurse I was pregnant but when talking to Dr Lipkin 5 mins later as she explained “well you are ..except you are not”…she had no compassion when telling me, just told me I had a chemical pregnancy and happens to a lot of women. I left the clinic and had to google what a chemical pregnancy was since still wasn’t very clear. I had a trigger shot & came next day to confirm retrieval. It turned out I had ovulated so missed the chance. The doctor that came in to explain is the one who became my new doctor (Dr Olcha – did review for him here too). She never called me or emailed me. After 2-3 weeks post that event & not hearing from her plus all reasons above, I decided to switch to Dr Olcha & Im soooooo glad I did. The experience has been night & day. Anytime I talked to friends who had gone thru this process they would ask me questions & I could not answer. I had lists of questions for my doctor yet felt like I was just one more, going for blood work & sonogram but no real doctor connection, a doc looking out for me & really watching/customizing my case. The clinic is super efficient but her bedside manners are not the best. A friend of mine who had her wife pregnant there said the same thing…bedside manners are lacking. Dr Lipkin – THUMBS DOWN big time. Big disappointment, big waste of time. Dr Olcha (separate review) – THE BEST! So happy I made the switch. They are night & day & he is pure LIGHT
She has no bedside manners, not compassionate. if you care to have someone who has your best interests, actually cares, is compassionate - I would NOT go with her. Advice - schedule consultations once a month or whenever you need them since she wont....she relies on nurses to send email with recommendations but not much personal touch/interaction from her side.
Like a # with her. I had a consultation with her and she seemed cold, robotic, very factual which is fine, answering questions with a smirk (ego type of laugh)…I felt like I was just one more for her. She is not tactful, her answers are short & she wont tell you anything unless you ask. She gives you the minimum (information wise). I When asking about retrieval & if she would do all my procedures she laughed and said “no there is a group of doctors here & depends who is assigned for it that day. But don’t worry (insert laugh)…’it’s a very easy procedure – anyone can do it really” (thought it was very unprofessional & didn’t like fact she thought this was a joke. For someone who’s never done this, it’s a pretty big deal specially the 1st time. She did not give me that comfort security feeling at all. On my consultations with her - I felt rushed & was trying to get as much in since I could feel her being annoyed. It was very clear to me every time I was just a body to her...didnt get the feeling a)she was doing her best for me or b)even believed I could get pregnant.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Nursing staff doesnt have the best bedside manners. Emails are detailed and easy to follow (its a clinic thing not linked to the doctors per se) but did notice Dr Olcha has a separate nurse support group (smaller group so more hands on vs all the nurses for the full clinic)
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
trigger shot $100 never got to retrieval since I ovulated. before my next cycle/retrieval I switched to Dr Olcha thank God!
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
had 2 nurses emailed me 2 different conflicting instructions. Luckily I stayed at clinic until I was told my next steps (didnt know yet at this point they always email you & you dont have to wait there for it). I asked for clarification & nurse called me & confirmed
New Hope Fertility Center

You won't see her [Dr. Lana Lipkin] all the time, so take advantage of your meetings and calls with her. Have all your questions prepared. She knows her stuff...She's smart and a whip, was very patient, and answered any and every question I asked in our in-person talks. If it ever felt impersonal, it was due to the having to use New Hope's email service as communication between visits. Sometimes nurses respond instead of Lipkin for things that they could handle. But, for the important things, Lipkin made sure to call me in a timely manner and I always feel comforted afterwards. I feel like I'm in good hands and that I'm not broken.
If it ever felt impersonal, it was due to the having to use New Hope's email service as communication between visits. Sometimes nurses respond instead of [Dr.] Lipkin for things that they could handle...Some phlebotomists could be gentler and have more experience with lighter veins or darker skin. The nurses answer questions in a pretty timely way over the email portal, but there were a few times that were frustrating. I've had to email for further clarification on directions given by nurses.
How was your experience with Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Lipkin has a very straightforward way of talking, but more so like someone who knows what she's talking about a not a blunt, rude person. Talking with her instantly makes me feel better because she's so smart and clever, even. She's one of those people who's nodding in understanding before I'm done bumbling through my half-formed questions. She listens as well as she advises, which is awesome. She's a very busy person, but she finds time to call back or meet in person, whichever is most convenient. I'm glad I chose her.
You won't see her all the time, so take advantage of your meetings and calls with her. Have all your questions prepared. She knows her stuff.
Dr. Lipkin's pretty awesome. She's smart and a whip, was very patient, and answered any and every question I asked in our in-person talks. If it ever felt impersonal, it was due to the having to use New Hope's email service as communication between visits. Sometimes nurses respond instead of Lipkin for things that they could handle. But, for the important things, Lipkin made sure to call me in a timely manner and I always feel comforted afterwards. I feel like I'm in good hands and that I'm not broken.
First cycle: birth control pills for a week, 300 units of Gonal-F per shot until they later reduce, Clomid, Letrozole, and Cetrotide taken in separated parts. Second cycle: the same, but the Gonal-F units were smaller.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
It's a mixed bag, but overall good. Some phlebotomists could be gentler and have more experience with lighter veins or darker skin. The nurses answer questions in a pretty timely way over the email portal, but there were a few times that were frustrating. I've had to email for further clarification on directions given by nurses.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strengths: They're efficient, overall friendly, and many of them genuinely feel like they want the best for us. Their numbers as far as pregnancies and IVF cycles are great. Their operating hours are unmatched, even during COVID in the city. It's right next to many trains in Manhattan. Weaknesses: The scent of the office is strong, too perfume-y. The ads on the televisions should be more diverse, not just white babies. Some people may feel their efficient way of meeting patients feels assembly line-ish. Their billing department could really use more help.
The monitoring happens at every visit or appointment. Your name will come up next to its own monitoring room number on the television, so pay attention!
Roughly 10k, give or take. Much cheaper than the competition.
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr. Liu is very insightful caring and innovative. He doesn't give up in the face of challenges or set backs. He modified treatment plans for the best possible outcome. He communicates with you every step of the way and is always encouraging you along the way...From the very beginning I was treated with the utmost respect and care and was told for the first time that I could have a baby using my own eggs.
The clinic [New Hope] is the most comfortable atmosphere I've ever been in.... The front desk staff is always helpful and pleasant...the nursing staff is very diligent in answering questions ordering medication and making sure that you have everything you need to undergo treatment....Monitoring is set up in the most efficient and caring way. You check in and then look for your name to pop up on the screen signaling it's your turn. Nurses nd staff are always friendly and efficient and they get to know you personally.
How was your experience with Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Liu is very insightful caring and innovative. He doesn't give up in the face of challenges or set backs. He modified treatment plans for the best possible outcome. He communicates with you every step of the way and is always encouraging you along the way. I highly respected him for his honesty and would recommended him to everyone.
When visiting Dr. LIU it is best to be as informed as possible about your specific needs and concerns. Dr. LIU will answer all of your questions with detailed explanations. He almost gives you a mini lesson in such a sweet way if you truly want to understand something more in depth. Bring all your questions no matter how insignificant they may seem he will be happy to answer them.
Dr. LIU is the most positive and motivated fertility doctor that I hve ever met. He passes along his enthusiasm and profound insight onto his patients. He is honest caring and very proactive always trying to tweak treatment to get the best possible results. As a woman in her 40's with DOR and tubal related infertility, I had gone to another fertility center where I was always left feeling discouraged and told on several occasions that I should consider donor eggs. I made a decision to leave this other reputable clinic and opted to give New Hope and Dr. LIU a chance. I'm glad I did. From the very beginning I was treated with the utmost respect and care and was told for the first time that I could have a baby using my own eggs. At first I was skeptical after all I had been told at the previous clinic but after 2 ivf cycles with Dr. LIU, I was able to create 3 embryos. Dr. LIU has encouraged me every step of the way and even when I said that maybe I would consider donor eggs, he said no ..I believe you can have a baby with your own. This brought tears to my eyes and hope to my heart. Dr. LIU is very passionate about helping his patients no matter what their medical issues are. I appreciate him and everyone at New Hope they truly gave me my hope back when I was in a very dark place. I am trying to gather financing for 1 more ivf cycle/transfer so that we can finally try for our baby. Dr. LIU is someone I would highly recommended to anyone. He is innovative and always encourages you to believe that anything is possible.
Dr. LIU prescribes 1/2 dose of bcp's prior to starting a cycle for 10 day only as to not over supress my ovaries. I was also put on Clomid and Letrozole to stimulate multiple follicle development which I responded to nicely. I used a mini ivf protocol with minimal gondateopin injections ( gonal f) 75-150 for about 10-12 day. Cetrotide was used the last 3 days of stimulation in order to prevent ovulation. Lupron 20 mg was used as a trigger shot along with 1/2 dose of Ganirelex. This cycle resulted in 7 eggs retrieved 5 fertilized 2 made it to Blast.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nursing staff is very diligent in answering questions ordering medication and making sure that you have everything you need to undergo treatment.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is the most comfortable atmosphere I've ever been in. As soon as you walk in you smell relaxing scented oils and hear beautiful meditation music playing in the background. It's very bright and spacious. Plenty of comfortable seats and a large beautifully lit fish tank that you can gaze upon. They have big tv screens where your first name and last initial pop up so that you know it's your turn to go in for either blood work or sonogram. The front desk staff is always helpful and pleasant . They offer wonderful refreshments such as coffee tea and cucumber lemon water as well as healthy snacks such as fruit and oatmeal cookies while you wait. It's such a relaxing place.
Monitoring is set up in the most efficient and caring way. You check in and then look for your name to pop up on the screen signaling it's your turn. Nurses nd staff are always friendly and efficient and they get to know you personally. I loved how efficient and easy monitoring is.
A typical IVF cycle for egg retrieval and fertilization under a mini ivf can cost up to $4500-5500. Depending if you are doing a frozen 5 day or fresh 3 day transfer. There is a separate flat rate monitoring fee of $800 Medications is separate and I acquired it through my insurance with co payments.
Dr. LIU recommended multiple embryo transfer due to my age in order to increase pregnancy chances.

2 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
This clinic [New Hope] is open seven days a week for monitoring, which is great. Unfortunately they only do egg retrievals before about 11:30 so that means doing a natural retrieval is impossible and you have to use a trigger. ...The embryology department did not always keep us informed about how many embryos were still surviving. They seem to be extremely busy...The nursing staff seems very busy. Some of them are nice but a couple are uncaring and downright rude;
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
I think he is kind and has a good personality. He does not have the massive ego that a lot of doctors have. However, he is very busy so you won't see him much. Although you can request to see him sometimes and you can pay another fee to get follow up consultations. I really do not know how good he is because he does not explain why he is doing things in this way instead of that way so I can't evaluate the why of what he does or evaluate his thinking skills. I am a person who likes to understand the reasons that decisions are being made so this is not the best style for me. But I'm not sure that any ivf doctors really explain much about their decisions to the patients.
This is a busy clinic. It can be frustrating sometimes as a patient because you can feel like a widget on an assembly line. On the other hand, there are some ways that they automatically personalize the service in ways that other clinics do not. For example, you get to decide for yourself whether you want to use sedation for egg retrieval or not. I prefer not, which saves us $500 each time. I also do not like sedation so I am happy I can choose not to use it. Most ivf clinics will not allow you this choice. I have inquired at many clinics and 99% force you to use sedation even if you are only retrieving one to three eggs. I do not think that is a reasonable approach and I think it is disrespectful to the patient to take away their right to make medical decisions about things that are not truly a necessary part of a procedure. I think allowing the patient this choice is part of the general approach of respecting the patient so this is one of the things I love about New Hope.
This is a very busy clinic, which allows them to keep their costs low. They are much cheaper than any other clinic I have contacted in America and I have called many. Because of their high volume, I don't think they really have time for a lot of very individualized attention but they do their best. Dr. Zhang is really very nice. All their doctors are very nice. The nurses are hit or miss.
I mostly did natural cycles with mini or ultra mini ivf a couple times. This is because I am at an age where I don't have many eggs to conventional just would not do anything beneficial for me and would have some negatives. We have two five day blasts frozen. We did not pgs test them so we do not know if they are aneuploidy. We were told that at my age, the likelihood is that they will not have normal chromosomes. The clinic let us decide whether to test them and did not pressure us either way. We are trying to collect and freeze several five day blastocysts while we can and implant later.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nursing staff seems very busy. Some of them are nice but a couple are uncaring and downright rude; these ones may not have much empathy for the amount of money the patients are spending or the mental stress of being infertile. In our case, we have spent all of our savings and then had to stop making attempts and then saved again for almost a year to try again because for us it will be a numbers game. The doctors said that my fertility is unusually good for my age but our chances of a baby are better if we can freeze several embryos. We will never regret using all our savings for this and all future savings. However, it is a big sacrifice and it is an all day round trip drive for us every time we go there. I also suffer from extreme motion sickness so when we arrive at the clinic, I am always feeling very ill. Everything about undergoing ivf on a budget is extremely difficult. The doctors seem to understand this but some of the nurses often seem to lack the maturity to understand what the patients are experiencing.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
This clinic is open seven days a week for monitoring, which is great. Unfortunately they only do egg retrievals before about 11:30 so that means doing a natural retrieval is impossible and you have to use a trigger. I think this is common for most clinics. At least they are open seven days a week. Many clinics close on Saturdays and/or Sundays. As I mentioned, they allow you to do retrievals without sedation if you want, which also saves you $500 and in my opinion is healthier for your brain. They have an in house lab for the standard monitoring bloodwork. They get good prices on outside lab work. Monitoring is much cheaper there than at other clinics I have researched. I don't like the smell they pump in to the clinic. We call it the New Hope smell and our clothes/coats/hair reek of it after being there. We are both very smell sensitive so we wish they would not use any fragrances in the clinic. I have not done any cycles at other clinics so I do not know what the differences are in how much individual attention you get.
Monitoring is very efficient. You go when you can get there and the wait is usually not that long.
It depends on what you do. It is much cheaper than most clinics if you are paying for your own cycles. We have never had insurance which covers ivf so I have no idea how that would work.
It seems that the doctor and clinic overall prefer to implant one embryo because they feel this gives the overall highest chance for success. But I think they allow the patient to decide this within reason.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
The embryology department did not always keep us informed about how many embryos were still surviving. They seem to be extremely busy. It feels like torture a little bit to wonder day after day whether our embryos were still growing or had been disposed of. Usually they email you to tell you that but not always. One cycle when we did not get any news, I kept calling trying to find out. I left messages and emails but did not hear anything. When I finally asked the receptionist about it, she was a bit nasty about telling me that the embryology department is very busy taking care of embryos and do not have time for me. I told her that all i wanted to know is whether our embryos from nearly a week before were still living or had been disposed of. I can guess the embryology department might be overwhelmed. I can only hope that they are at least taking good care of the embryos. The doctors seem to be conscientious so I do believe that they are doing a good job behind the scenes.

4 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
He [Dr. Liu] is nice. Like the other doctors there, he doesn't really explain why they are using the medications or such. I don't think most patients want to know as much as we do...he has a kind and respectful demeanor and he does not have the big ego that a lot of doctors have....I like it that you can choose to do egg retrievals without sedation. Most clinics will not allow the patient this choice...
Usually you get an email from embryology telling you if your embryos made it but once we had no idea for days and had difficulty getting this information....I like the monitoring here. It is very efficient and you come when you want to (mornings and maybe afternoons?)..The clinic [New Hope] is very busy but does monitoring and retrievals every morning seven days a week. They are very economically priced compared to most clinics in America.
How was your experience with Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center?
He is nice. Like the other doctors there, he doesn't really explain why they are using the medications or such. I don't think most patients want to know as much as we do. I'm not sure any ivf doctors would explain much anywhere else either but I don't know.
I don't know.
I like Dr. Liu. Like Dr. Zhang, he has a kind and respectful demeanor and he does not have the big ego that a lot of doctors have.
We've done natural and mini ivfs at the clinic. I really can't remember specifically which times we did what. I don't have many follicles but we do have a couple of frozen blasts after this that we did not choose to pgs test because of finances and other reasons.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
They are busy. Some of them are nice and some seem to not to have much empathy or understanding of the sacrifices and difficulties of being infertile and paying for ivf.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is very busy but does monitoring and retrievals every morning seven days a week. They are very economically priced compared to most clinics in America. I like it that you can choose to do egg retrievals without sedation. Most clinics will not allow the patient this choice.
It depends on what you are doing. The clinic is much cheaper than most US ivf clinics. We didn't use insurance so I don't know about that at all.
I'm not sure. We have not planned any transfers yet.

IUI With Other Docs
He [Dr. Zhang] explained I had advanced low egg reserve for a woman my age, but that would not be a barrier. I remember him stating that all we needed was one good egg. He managed our expectations by explaining the process, how it takes time, their philosophy and approach to use minimal drugs, and their team would work with us to accomplish our goal.... When we first met Dr. Zhang, he stated they preferred to do single embryo transfer. However, we were given an option to do up to 2 embryo transfers, but we agreed the single was the best for us.
When we first came to New Hope, we had already been told by a previous and hospital affiliated clinic that the chances of us naturally having a family were slim, and to start considering other options, which we were open to. However, as one last effort, my husband found New Hope Fertility and we were uplifted after our first consultation with Dr. Zhang.... Strengths: - Throughout our journey, the nurses were great at answering all our questions, and were accessible via their email portal. The staff we met were patient and understanding, especially during the multiple appointments for bloodwork/sono, and doctor check-ins
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
When we first came to New Hope, we had already been told by a previous and hospital affiliated clinic that the chances of us naturally having a family were slim, and to start considering other options, which we were open to. However, as one last effort, my husband found New Hope Fertility and we were uplifted after our first consultation with Dr. Zhang. He explained I had advanced low egg reserve for a woman my age, but that would not be a barrier. I remember him stating that all we needed was one good egg. He managed our expectations by explaining the process, how it takes time, their philosophy and approach to use minimal drugs, and their team would work with us to accomplish our goal.
I've learned the entire process takes patience: between waiting for your cycle to start, bloodwork, sonogram, egg retrieval, success of fertilization, success of embryo going to Day 3/5, the ups and downs during any of those steps mentioned, patience & perseverance is necessary; surround yourself with the best possible support team - from Dr. Zhang and team of doctors and those in your personal life to support you during this journey.
- adjusted pills/hormones based on cycle prior to egg retrieval - hormones/pills in preparation for egg transfer - hormones/pills after transfer (successful transfer and pregnancy prior to being released to regular OB)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
When we were ready to try for our second child, the doctors and nurses were helpful at helping my body re-adjust, as I had just finished breastfeeding and was not consistently in a menstrual cycle. I trusted their advice. Also, seeing the same nurses from our first time, and the fact that some of them remembered us, we could sense how invested they were in our journey as well.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strengths: - Throughout our journey, the nurses were great at answering all our questions, and were accessible via their email portal. The staff we met were patient and understanding, especially during the multiple appointments for bloodwork/sono, and doctor check-ins. - Very clean, open, bright facility Weaknesses: - On very busy days for bloodwork/sono, wait times can be extended. We always tried to get their very early 7:30am/8:00am to avoid long wait times.
- Best to go in early (7:30am/8:00am) to avoid extended wait times during busy morning cycle. - Nurses and tech staff for blood/sono were great; I was always seen by a doctor afterwards
- We were lucky that my husband's insurance assisted us with cost. - We had a co-pay that we always paid upon check-in
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
I selected "Failed to call with results" b/c there was only one instance where I needed to request the results from a nurse for my day's bloodwork. The nurse apologized and got back to me by the end of the day.
New Hope Fertility Center
Dr.Merhi, was so passionate, and positive, and that was one of the main factors, that made me continue with him... Dr.Merhi, used the minimal stimulation technique, and that was one of the very big pitfalls, other fertility doctor stick to, and even when the 1st cycle, did not work, Dr.Merhi, added the steroid and aspirin... Dr.Merhi, showed us, detailed studies, that it's in the best interest of the mother and the baby to have single embryo transfer, and we agreed.
The clinic [New Hope Fertility Center] have these big boards to tell each patient, were they need to go, for US, or blood work, every one is so organized, and empathetic, and makes you feel home, and they ban any one to talk over the phone, which is great, as there is a dedicated area where you can use your cell phone, and a small as it may seem, they make sure, always, coffee and crackers, are available, and well taken care of, basically you never feel that you are not attended to
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr.Zaher Merhi @ nhfc, was really empathetic, and knew exactly what I was going through, and I will not name the institutions, I've been to, but 2 big institutions in New York, and one in Michigan,and one of the doctors there told me, you can start thinking about "Menopause", and am only 32yrs old, and none of them had the time, or the ambition, even to continue, but here in New Hope, they used the minimal stimulation, and everyone in the clinic was extremely positive, encouraging, sympathetic, and they never let you down, and keep going on, needless to say, they make you pay only procedure by procedure, and whatever can be billed to your insurance they will do so, not like any other fertility center, to which we have been in 3 before, where they want you to pay in full in advance. Dr.Zaher Merhi, had the best attitude, with great knowledge, and with his attitude, everything was possible. I would recommend him to anyone, with no reservation whatsoever.
If you have a problem with fertility, please do not shop around, big names can fool you sometimes, go to Dr.Zaher Merhi
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The Nursing staff, were compassionate, positive, very responsive, and makes you always feel, that things will work
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic have these big boards to tell each patient, were they need to go, for US, or blood work, every one is so organized, and empathetic, and makes you feel home, and they ban any one to talk over the phone, which is great, as there is a dedicated area where you can use your cell phone, and a small as it may seem, they make sure, always, coffee and crackers, are available, and well taken care of, basically you never feel that you are not attended to
They were very convenient and easy to know
They were quite reasonable, and definitely lower compared to peers

IUI With Other Docs
Hes kind and sweet..very empathic and makes you feel like a special patient. As I stated earlier, hes well versed, excellent fertility doctor, with the added empathic and kind delivery mode. As an older woman, he gives you the facts straight, but while still taking care of my emotional state.
I have been at NHFC for a few years..first egg freezing mini ivf then fertilizing my frozen eggs. Dr Zhang is more blunt and honest and well versed in the science.. but he could work in softening the delivery. I like that he doesnt sugar coat bc i trust him. Dr Liu is well just better at delivery, more empathic to what we are going through as older women. He makes me feel like a woman in his family and that makes me feel hopeful-while hes still remaining very honest. Hes a gentle soul.
How was your experience with Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center?
hes kind and sweet..very empathic and makes you feel like a special patient. As I stated earlier, hes well versed, excellent fertility doctor, with the added empathic and kind delivery mode. As an older woman, he gives you the facts straight, but while still taking care of my emotional state.
listen carefully,,he has an accent so speaks slower..
mini ivf, luteal phase, as this is what my body reacts to better. I have had several rounds of mini IVF and egg freezing..20 eggs fertlized with donor sperm, made 7 embryos, of which 4 were mosaic, and 1 embryo which remains untested.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
great professional women. i like them-but they could be a bit better at talking a bit more with patients. But i guess since the place is always busy they dont have much chit chat time
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strengths-their bread and butter is women over 40 and difficult cases. It has excellent flexible monitoring times 7 am-2 pm-perfect for the working woman! Large welcoming space. Weaknesses-they are getting quite big and heavy traffic. Maybe add more doctors..Maybe also facilitate a way for existing patients to have a forum to meet up and discuss (through their own volition) their issues to know they are not alone
moderate...$2000 for extraction and $800 for monitoring (when not covered by insurance) $1000 freezing, $1000 fertilizing
2015, Successful
What I loved is he [Dr. Zhang] followed my natural cycle and we didn't force anything. ... He is a loud man with a sharp tone. Nice but you can tell he deals with a lot of people and probably comes off a bit harsh to some more sensitive or insecure types. ... Honestly, he's not soft or snuggly type - but he means well, he's got a good setup, he's got a good idea of what to do, and he's willing to try something different that fits. He's a bit of an out of the box thinker and I liked it.
Strength: is the variety of options for different people. It's [New Hope Fertility Center] not a one size fits all solution. The fact everything you need for the procedure is ON SITE is really a profound difference from other clinics I visited. Everyone understood what needed to be done and while it wasn't perfect, there was a structure and if you can deal with that then you'll be fine. Weakness: poor financial coordination and communication that end.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
He is a loud man with a sharp tone. Nice but you can tell he deals with a lot of people and probably comes off a bit harsh to some more sensitive or insecure types. I liked him. He appreciated my sense of humor and would laugh - loudly and sharply and then I would laugh because he laugh was so direct and funny. Honestly, he's not soft or snuggly type - but he means well, he's got a good setup, he's got a good idea of what to do, and he's willing to try something different that fits. He's a bit of an out of the box thinker and I liked it.
I would say - just relax and ask questions. If he seems hurried or distracted (because he does have a lot of patience) it's OK. He'll take the time. Also, don't expect one doctor to solve all your problems, this is something you need to take control of yourself and get educated. What you want is a good treatment and good caring team. He's got so many ways to get you want you need, tell him your concerns and listen to him. I did seriously the most non-aggressive treatment and it worked for me. He listened to my problems with hormones and the fact I don't take the pill because of it and didn't make me do the intense treatment. That was MY choice and he went with it and gave me options. It may not be an option for everyone, but I met with 5 other doctors and he was the ONLY one willing to think out of the box and offer different cycle treatments. I love how he puts focus on one good egg, not a bunch of bad ones... that is all that matters in the end. One good egg can come from just three oocytes. Remember that.
Well, while some people didn't like how the clinic was set up (very structured) I found it calming. I always knew where I was in the process, everything was on site so there was no waiting for blood results, the nurses were freaking awesome and always used butterfly tiny needles to make it less painful, the women were always nice. The only drawback was sometimes I couldn't get through to the financial people. I mean, it's a clinic - not a hotel... but it went above my expectations with one disappointment when I told the Dr not to put me on the pill (hormones) and he did AND it was the only cycle that didn't work at all. Had they listened to me, the patient I could have had more eggs. It was stressful and it's hard and the waiting is not easy, but it is what it is.
I can't remember the dosage, but I took Clomid and did a trigger shot and that was it. What I loved is he followed my natural cycle and we didn't force anything. We would take my blood about 10 times a month to follow my cycle and after the first time, we learned what it was fairly easy. By the 4th retrieval, it was easy. The goal was to do multiple retrievals instead of one big one with lots of eggs and stay with my natural cycle. I could have probably done a few more, but I stopped at 4 due to cost. The Clomid made it so I had some extra unfertilized eggs under my natural cycle, as my blood tests came back and I got closer to the ovulation date he would set a date and I'd do a trigger shot the night before and go in for retrieval at a specific time the next day. I got 3 unfertilized eggs each treatment, for a total of 12, only 3 of the twelve made it to DAY 5 and then we had genetic testing and of the 3, ONE was good. And we now have a really beautiful, super healthy boy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nurses varied from day to day, but all of them were nice and helpful. Some got me in on days that were difficult.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strength: is the variety of options for different people. It's not a one size fits all solution. The fact everything you need for the procedure is ON SITE is really a profound difference from other clinics I visited. Everyone understood what needed to be done and while it wasn't perfect, there was a structure and if you can deal with that then you'll be fine. Weakness: poor financial coordination and communication that end. It was always hard to understand what I needed or if a payment wasn't made or when it wasn't made - what to do to help it go faster once paid. I got a feeling the ladies in the department were overwhelmed.
I barely remember this now... but I think it was $18K total for all 4 retrievals and the transfer And then an additional for the genetic tests... $2500?
He preferred one good egg for me, but I don't know what he preferred for others. Honestly, if I had more than one egg and demanded more than one be transferred he would have been against it but if I insisted would have listened to me, that's the feeling I get.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
I made it clear I did not want to go on estrogen or "the pill" as I have adverse reactions. They ordered it for me and told me to go on it. That cycle failed. I had to cry a bit and make a fuss to get them to listen. A little embarrassed about it now, but looking back I did what I needed to do.