4.3

Investment Banker
2 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
1 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
My boyfriend and I arrived at Dr. Zhang's office armed with files from my three prior cycles (2 egg freezing, 1 embryo freezing) as well as notes we had taken from consultations with four other reproductive endocrinologists. Dr. Zhang seemed distracted - he jumped from his computer screen to our faces and glanced through my files. When he discussed his proposed approach, its tailored nature made it clear that he in fact had absorbed everything in my files and what I had told him. He had a hypothesis on how to optimize my cycle to increase the number of mature eggs as a percentage of eggs retrieved. We decided to give New Hope a go. My mini-IVF cycle yielded more mature eggs than the conventional cycles.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Advocate for yourself. If you have questions, keep calling and asking until you get a response. The nurses are extremely helpful. The office is digitized and nurses provide instructions via email. Email is not a good way to contact the office with questions though - call and keep calling if you aren't getting a response.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
New Hope provides a typical big city medical experience. I wouldn't expect Dr. Zhang to recognize me in the waiting room - it's a busy place! His protocol was the most successful one for me, and that matters most to me.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
I got to know the nurses the best at all the fertility clinics. They are very skilled, knowledgable and professional and can answer most questions.
The clinic has monitoring every day from 7am-2pm. You just show up when convenient for you. This was a HUGE benefit in dealing with my work schedule. However, be prepared to wait as long for monitoring as you do at other places (budget an hour if you need bloodwork and ultrasound).
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
Most women at New Hope are veteran IVF'ers - they have come here because results are other places were not optimal or because they are banking. This clinic does not handhold the way other clinics do. You need to stay on top of getting prescriptions filled - if you ask the nurses to call them in, of course they will. I did not have to attend orientation or injection training as at some other centers. The level of service New Hope provided in terms of what to expect and protocol was fine for me given.
2013, Successful
We only met and saw him [Dr. Zhang] for the initial consult. Everything else was done by nurses and other doctors. It's very clear he's a genius and we did t run into any setbacks so didn't really need to follow up with him. We were extremely lucky though and not sure how reachable he was if we needed him.
I had insanely generous Cigna insurance which New Hope accepted. Again - we were very lucky. Will never see insurance like that again....Nurses were great and skilled at blood draws. I have tough veins and they were good.... Our biggest challenge with the clinic was calling off hours to get info. Sometimes the nurse would leave a voicemail with instructions that I'd have questions about and it was seemingly impossible to get anyone live on the phone. Very stressful at times
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
We only met and saw him for the initial consult. Everything else was done by nurses and other doctors. It's very clear he's a genius and we did t run into any setbacks so didn't really need to follow up with him. We were extremely lucky though and not sure how reachable he was if we needed him.
Ask all your questions up front, do your research and come prepared.
We had success on our first try so hard to complain about anything but our biggest challenge with the clinic was calling off hours to get info. Sometimes the nurse would leave a voicemail with instructions that I'd have questions about and it was seemingly impossible to get anyone live on the phone. Very stressful at times
Describe the protocols John Zhang used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We did natural cycle IVF - no hormones, just the nasal spray trigger shot and a shot upon egg transfer. Rest was blood work and scans. Didn't use anesthesia for egg retrieval or live egg transfer. We did it all in same cycle, worked first time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Don't remember name but she was great)
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
It's a very organized, top notch, modern, Has latest technology (I watched on giant flat screen tv when they took egg out of me and again when they put it back in). Truly amazing. I trust these guys.
A bit of a cattle call - busy at early morning (pre-work) hours and lunchtime
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
I underwent natural cycle IVF and did not want any drugs / hormones. I went to Florida and when I landed, nurse left me a voicemail on my cell saying to start my hormone meds ASAP and that they wanted to call in a prescription for me. Was like WTF and called for 3 hours, leaving multiple messages for someone to call me on a Sat morning and couldn't get anyone to return my message. Eventually found someone about 5 hours later who verified that I didn't need to take anything.
New Hope Fertility Center
Dr. Kulp Makarov is highly knowledgeable, compassionate and very calm. That was exactly what we needed during a very stressful time!! She was able to adjust our fertility medications after our first round was unsuccessful. She kept us well informed and was upbeat and encouraging. And above all kind and empathetic...A mix of compassion, knowledge and kindness. She’s very busy, but was always there when we needed her...
This clinic [New Hope Fertility Center] is a well run machine! It can seem a little too fancy at first glance. But that is more than compensated for the caring staff and the attention to personal details. The location was very convenient for us. And the scheduling was incredibly flexible...Highly efficient and knowledgeable [nursing staff]. We always felt like we were in good hands...
How was your experience with Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center?
She was the perfect doctor for us. A mix of compassion, knowledge and kindness. She’s very busy, but was always there when we needed her!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Kulp Makarov was keenly interested in helping us start a family. She was kind and empathic. We both felt like she really cared about us.
Describe the protocols Jennifer Kulp Makarov used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Full work up including semen testing for me. Hormonal tests and HSG for my wife.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Highly efficient and knowledgeable. We always felt like we were in good hands. And the nurses knew what she wanted done and were able to take care of it.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
This clinic is a well run machine! It can seem a little too fancy at first glance. But that is more than compensated for the caring staff and the attention to personal details. The location was very convenient for us. And the scheduling was incredibly flexible. We were able to see Dr. Kulp Makarov on the same day that we requested our consultation.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center.
Our private health insurance covered all treatment costs. We were very fortunate in that regard.
Describe Jennifer Kulp Makarov's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
Not applicable for us.
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr. Merhi, as my main physician, always made me feel well cared for... was exceedingly optimistic, while also being realistic. He was compassionate and usually patient with my questions. He was committed to my care despite my age (43 at the time we started treatment)...Mini-IVF. Considered more effective in women my age (43 at the time of treatment)...at his clinic, they had an on call system and I never knew which doctor I would see on which day.
Approximately $5,000 per mini-IVF cycle [at New Hope Fertility Center]....You have to be proactive as a patient and do your research and ask lots of questions. I saw many different doctors and nurses, which was fine because they were all good, but it very much felt like I was on an IVF conveyor belt. An wonderful, effective conveyor belt, because I did end up pregnant at 44 and now have an amazing baby!
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Merhi was exceedingly optimistic, while also being realistic. He was compassionate and usually patient with my questions. He was committed to my care despite my age (43 at the time we started treatment).
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Ask lots of questions and request to see Dr. Merhi for consults and updates between cycles.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Merhi, as my main physician, always made me feel well cared for, but at his clinic, they had an on call system and I never knew which doctor I would see on which day.
Describe the protocols Zaher Merhi used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Competent and efficient.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
New Hope is a large clinic with a ton of patients and many doctors, and a very strong embryology department, which is really the most important thing. They were committed to my care despite my age (43) and didn't discriminate to protect their stats. They are very good at what they do, but there is very little hand-holding or bedside manner. You have to be proactive as a patient and do your research and ask lots of questions. I saw many different doctors and nurses, which was fine because they were all good, but it very much felt like I was on an IVF conveyor belt. An wonderful, effective conveyor belt, because I did end up pregnant at 44 and now have an amazing baby!
Very efficient, but also very impersonal.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center.
Approximately $5,000 per mini-IVF cycle. We dod 9 cycles.
Zaher Merhi
New Hope Fertility Center
Personal time with [Dr. Liu] was not rushed, he always made the effort to answer questions, even on off times with a text or email at the least...Straight forward information, no over blown promises and clear responses to questions. We had to travel into NYC and he made an extra effort to work with our schedules on weekends. He was able to help make my wife feel like her questions mattered
The facility [at New Hope Fertility Center] was well maintained and staff profession and respectful of the clients. They made sure we were well informed of our options and the details on the procedures so that there were no surprises...Only down side was parking in the area, but it has easy access by subway and hotels nearby...I am a licensed NYS RN having worked with many medical teams and I felt that they had a good handle on the facts, the skills and managed clients with respect.
How was your experience with Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center?
make sure you ask questions to ensure you get the most support.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center?
Personal time with doctor was not rushed, he always made the effort to answer questions, even on off times with a text or email at the least
Describe the protocols Zitao Liu used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
don't fully remember the details of the IVF at this time
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
attentive, well trained. I am a licensed NYS RN having worked with many medical teams and I felt that they had a good handle on the facts, the skills and managed clients with respect.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Only down side was parking in the area, but it has easy access by subway and hotels nearby. The facility was well maintained and staff profession and respectful of the clients. They made sure we were well informed of our options and the details on the procedures so that there were no surprises.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center.
we had a grant from NYS
Describe Zitao Liu's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
We did genetic screening and were able to select the most viable embryo and had a successful implantation based on the details the doctor gave us
Zitao Liu
New Hope Fertility Center
She [Dr. Lipkin] was very compassionate. I trusted that she was able to review past treatment files and understood why I might have changed facilities. I trusted the facility as it was referred to me by a friend but I also appreciated that they worked with woman over forty.... She wanted to go about with a mini IVF cycle- she told me that she preferred to get less eggs upon retrieval but with a better chance to get healthier eggs.
The clinic [New Hope Fertility] is very large- lots of available times and you would never need to wait longer then 10-15 minutes. I really don't have any weaknesses other than they were not able to retrieve a healthy embryo as of yet... [nursing staff] I had a very hard time finding my veins. they were excellent and patient.... She [Dr. Lipkin] wanted to go about with a mini IVF cycle- she told me that she preferred to get less eggs upon retrieval but with a better chance to get healthier eggs.
How was your experience with Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
She was very compassionate. I trusted that she was able to review past treatment files and understood why I might have changed facilities. I trusted the facility as it was referred to me by a friend but I also appreciated that they worked with woman over forty.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
Be completely open and honest about what you want and what her expectation for you are based on how you present.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
She explained each step in laymen terms. She was able to repeat things so that i completely understood them and was very empathetic to my feelings.
Describe the protocols Lana Lipkin used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
I had a very hard time finding my veins. they were excellent and patient.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is very large- lots of available times and you would never need to wait longer then 10-15 minutes. I really don't have any weaknesses other than they were not able to retrieve a healthy embryo as of yet :(
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center.
They accepted my insurance
Lana Lipkin
New Hope Fertility Center

I originally wanted to go with natural cycle IVF, but went with his recommendation to use the fertility medication because of my age. ... My treatment was catered to my need and everything was clearly explained. Not once did I feel like a number. I was treated like a person and my feelings were very much considered. ... I was going to fully cooperate and trust he knew what he was doing. I have absolutely no regrets. Dr. Zhang helped me create life in the very same body I thought was broken
Very clean and visually appealing facility [New Hope Fertility Center]. They always had coffee, tea and fresh fruits and snacks in the waiting area. Not once did I feel uncomfortable or disrespected. There was never a prolonged wait time. I was generally in and out which was great for me since I went before work. I never felt rushed or judged. ... [nursing staff] Always respectful and kind.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
After reading up about him I walked in there with my mind set. I was going to fully cooperate and trust he knew what he was doing. I have absolutely no regrets. Dr. Zhang helped me create life in the very same body I thought was broken. He is a God in my heart.
Trust he knows what he is doing. Never question and the instructions .
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Always respectful and kind.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Very clean and visually appealing facility. They always had coffee, tea and fresh fruits and snacks in the waiting area. Not once did I feel uncomfortable or disrespected. There was never a prolonged wait time. I was generally in and out which was great for me since I went before work. I never felt rushed or judged.
Total costs were about 15k

2006 - 2012, Successful
Investment Banker
[Dr. John Zhang was] Very compasionate and caring Really wanted the treatment to work. Help me accomplish my dream of motherhood! Gave me free medications when I was unable to pay for it myself. I would really like to go back and try for baby number 2... The doctor and staff walk you to the entire process and helps you choose the best course of treatment...I was very happy with my doctor
[The nurses at New Hope Fertility Center were] Very nice and professional Made me feel very comfortable every time I had an appointment...He suggested only 2 [embryos] at the time...Very centrally located. Easy to find, friendly staff. Compassionate care, the cost of treatment is competitive and producing the best results. The doctor and staff walk you to the entire process and helps you choose the best course of treatment
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Listen to what he says. I know from personal experience that we don't want to hear the word no or it may take time, but the journey is long and you need to be prepared to deal with the setbacks
I was able to use donated medications after I was unable to pay for it myself. So grateful for all the support provided!
It was a long time ago, very I know for a fact I was very happy with my doctor
It was around 12-15,000
Describe John Zhang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
He suggested only 2at the time
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr. Zhang was very friendly and extremely smart. I got the feeling that he is very busy though and I my biggest fear with New Hope is that I would get lost in the mix. However, Dr. Zhang is very personable, kind and seemed confident with his plan for me.... He recommended a mini IVF because of my age (39) with PGD testing and then eSET.... He was very much in favor of eSET due to risks of multiples.... Know that you will be seeing ultrasound techs
The biggest strength I believe is their very reasonable pricing. Also, they [New Hope Fertility] have a strong belief in natural/low stim IVF cycles especially with older women as they believe it helps with egg quality. The weakness for me was the factory like feeling there.... I got the impression that New Hope is a very well run factory. I felt shuffled along and sort of lost along the way.... Dr. Zhang was very friendly and extremely smart. I got the feeling
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Know that you will be seeing ultrasound techs and not the doctor very often.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
They seemed very confident and kind.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The biggest strength I believe is their very reasonable pricing. Also, they have a strong belief in natural/low stim IVF cycles especially with older women as they believe it helps with egg quality. The weakness for me was the factory like feeling there.
My insurance covered everything.
He was very much in favor of eSET due to risks of multiples.
New Hope Fertility Center

I felt like a human because Doctor Zhang and entire staff cared, listened and answered all my questions... He is beyond experienced and knowledgeable in everything he does. He explained things to me that made so much sense and able to understand everything in detail. I put all my trust on him from the first meet...I did the mini ivf. Less medication and better results.
I absolutely loved the entire nursing staff [at New Hope Fertility Center]. Any questions I had (and I had many) they answered it with a smile...Excellent wait time. Even at it's most busiest hour, you are in and out in a timely manner. Clinic is extremely clean. Entire staff is beyond warm and friends. Everybody has a smile on their face. No weaknesses...I felt like a human because Doctor Zhang and entire staff cared, listened and answered all my questions.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Zhang is a medical genius. He is beyond experienced and knowledgeable in everything he does. He explained things to me that made so much sense and able to understand everything in detail. I put all my trust on him from the first meet.
Listen!
I did the mini ivf. Less medication and better results.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
I absolutely loved the entire nursing staff. Any questions I had (and I had many) they answered it with a smile.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Costs were very economical.
Yes, 1 embryo.

2013, Successful
She [Dr. Luk] is a very good doctor and she took her time to explain everything to us. She not only shared the clinical aspects of the procedure but took the time to make sure we were feeling ok with the abundance of information. I didn’t feel pressured to make any decision and felt completely comfortable with the choices that we did make. She was excited for our success, which showed at every visit and ultrasound.
At the time of treatment Dr. Luk was actually working at a different clinic. She was part of New Hope Fertility and I had a great experience there. They were great at communication about all the test results and ultrasounds. The nurses and staff were friendly and polite which makes a big difference.... I didn’t feel pressured to make any decision and felt completely comfortable with the choices that we did make.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at New Hope Fertility Center?
She is a very good doctor and she took her time to explain everything to us. She not only shared the clinical aspects of the procedure but took the time to make sure we were feeling ok with the abundance of information. I didn’t feel pressured to make any decision and felt completely comfortable with the choices that we did make. She was excited for our success, which showed at every visit and ultrasound.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Janelle Luk at New Hope Fertility Center?
Ask whatever questions or concerns you have and she will give you an honest answer.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Janelle Luk at New Hope Fertility Center?
She took her time to explain all the options we had, told me the options she would choose and shared personal stories of her own pregnancy.
Janelle Luk

2014 - 2015, Successful
Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Very cerebral approach- not a hand holder but able to produce results- differentiated process from other big treatment places in NYC... Go here if you have an aversion to over medication or if you want to try a less aggressive IVF approach
Go here if you have an aversion to over medication or if you want to try a less aggressive IVF approach. [The nursing staff was] compassionate, responsive and personable. They all knew my name, story etc. loved them all.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Very cerebral approach- not a hand holder but able to produce results- differentiated process from other big treatment places in nyc
Go here if you have an aversion to over medication or if you want to try a less aggressive ivf approach
They spent a good deal of time with me during the appointments and during follow up calls and emails I never waited very long to be seen.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Compassionate, responsive and personable. They all knew my name, story etc. loved them all.
You sign in on a computer when you arrive- very pleasant room with nice music lots of light snacks etc always was seen fairly quickly less than 20 mins typically
2022, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Zhang] was fast but explained assessed and guided me. He told me what he thought and what I should do and was prompt said he would call.me the next day but a nurse called. I would have rather spoke to the doctor myself...Write down your questions, make sure u understand before leaving and ask him to call u personally...2 diffrent meds he would put me on to try, than told me about two meds intercourse suggested i do.it for.2.months than try iui...
A weakness [at New Hope Fertility Center] was waiting over an hour to talk to the doctor and new patients not knowing what to.do when u first walk in there it can be a bit intimidating. Everything else was great, everything was done step by step blood work sonogram than the doctor...the lady who drew my blood didnt hurt me at all...Some costs are.good.somw.costs are lumped together and are.more than what u would expect...
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
He was fast but explained assessed and guided me. He told me what he thought and what I should do and was prompt said he would call.me the next day but a nurse called. I would have rather spoke to the doctor myself.but if i had a choice i would see him everytime he seems very smart.
He addressed my personal questions and a plan for what i want
I did blood work first, than sonogram, than went to his office he asked me when i wanted to get pregnant and talked about my pcos he showed me my sonogram and a lot of.fibriods that i have. Askrd me questions about my period and told me about 2 diffrent meds he would put me on to try, than told me about two meds intercourse suggested i do.it for.2.months than try iui.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Very good the lady who drew my blood didnt hurt me at all
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
A weakness was waiting over an hour to talk to the doctor and new patients not knowing what to.do when u first walk in there it can be a bit intimidating. Everything else was great, everything was done step by step blood work sonogram than the doctor
Some costs are.good.somw.costs are lumped together and are.more than what u would expect.for example.the hsg test is 580 but than saline solution goes with that test for.350 and thata not clear unless u talknto a financial person
We didnt talk about that cause my focus isnt ivf i cant afford that.
New Hope Fertility Center
I had three cycles, the medications were slightly altered each time [by Dr. Meir Olcha] and I had an extra day of stimulation with each cycle...saw me at most of my monitoring appointments to give me an update on my progress. Dr. Olcha also gave me a call after every retrieval which was nice...He was also very honest about my results and what I can expect in the future...I ended up completing 3 cycles of egg freezing and each time he adjusted my medication regimen which resulted in more eggs.
I had three cycles [at New Hope Fertility Center], the medications were slightly altered each time and I had an extra day of stimulation with each cycle...The nursing staff was very kind, professional and had great communication skills...I did not have to go as often as some of my friends who went to other clinics. When I did go it was fast and efficient...I did three cycles which was $7,500 this did not cover anesthesia or medicine. Some offices I consulted at wanted to charge $9,200 just for one cycle.
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Olcha was extremely kind and professional. I ended up completing 3 cycles of egg freezing and each time he adjusted my medication regimen which resulted in more eggs. He was also very honest about my results and what I can expect in the future.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
You are in good hands. It was a much easier process than anticipated.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Everyone at the office was very kind and professional. Dr. Olcha or one of the other doctors saw me at most of my monitoring appointments to give me an update on my progress. Dr. Olcha also gave me a call after every retrieval which was nice.
Describe the protocols Meir Olcha used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I had three cycles, the medications were slightly altered each time and I had an extra day of stimulation with each cycle.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
They have early hours which is good for someone who works. I was normally there for 30-40 minutes for monitoring which isn’t bad. They are open 7 days a week. The staff is very professional and efficient. The price for egg freezing was also a fraction of what other facilities were charging.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center.
Meir Olcha
New Hope Fertility Center

He [Dr. John Zhang] is straight to the point...We did Mini IVF and ICSI because of male factor infertility...I felt like a human because I always had my questions answered through emails...is very knowledgeable and did not push any extra procedures. He was straight to the point. He explained everything that was going to happen. If i needed to speak to him in person he was usually around in the morning when I was having monitoring...
They [doctors at New Hope Fertility Center] prefer one embryo at a time but we chose two and they let us...They do not sugar coat things, they say exactly what and why and how things are happening. They communicate mostly through email. Their are a few different departments but you mostly deal with the nursing department and the prescription department...I felt like a human because I always had my questions answered through emails.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr Zhang is very knowledgeable and did not push any extra procedures. He was straight to the point. He explained everything that was going to happen. If i needed to speak to him in person he was usually around in the morning when I was having monitoring.
He is straight to the point.
I felt like a human because I always had my questions answered through emails.
We did Mini IVF and ICSI because of male factor infertility
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nursing staff answered each and every question I had. They were helpful with the entire process.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Monitoring was from 7am-1pm which was very convenient. I would go right before work and make it in time. Results of blood tests were given within 4-5 hours and clear instructions were always provided.
They prefer one embryo at a time but we chose two and they let us
New Hope Fertility Center

My doctor [Dr. Zhang] took time to sit down with me and address any concerns i had, and followed up with a direct phone call to see how i was doing and If I had further questions or concerns. ... While my plan at the time was to freeze my eggs, I would have liked time for a one on one discussion on my infertility issues in depth. ... The egg freezing procedure costed me around 6k per cycle - much less than the 10k on average.
Nurses at New Hope went above and beyond in terms of communication and procedures. ... The clinic was very clean and had state of the art equipment and procedures were run with the utmost professional staff. I am completely satisfied and highly recommend this clinic to anyone that is looking for top quality service at an affordable price.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
There were certain costs i felt were unecessary, but NH worked with me to adjust the bill. While my plan at the time was to freeze my eggs, I would have liked time for a one on one discussion on my infertility issues in depth.
Clearly communicate with the doctor regarding short and longer-term fertility goals, and about any issues you might have. NH is flexible and can work with you.
My doctor took time to sit down with me and address any concerns i had, and followed up with a direct phone call to see how i was doing and If I had further questions or concerns.
New Hope Fertility Center

I just found her [Dr. Lipkin] honest, but hopeful approach work for me. As an older hopeful mother to be she has made these cycle easier to take with better results then my previous doctor. It was about egg quality and not quantity...She uses leas medication and more natural cycle cues...She was direct but kind and kept it realistic but hopefull.
The majority of nurses [at New Hope Fertility Center] were compassionate and attentive. There were some that made me feel I was just a number, but that was not the norm...They are not aggressive and believe it take one quality egg to get a positive result. It also worked out for me that they had a satellite office on Long Island. This help as we go through a cycle during Covid.
How was your experience with Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
I just found her honest, but hopeful approach work for me. As an older hopeful mother to be she has made these cycle easier to take with better results then my previous doctor. It was about egg quality and not quantity.
Ask your questions. She is honest and works with you.
She was direct but kind and kept it realistic but hopefull.
She uses leas medication and more natural cycle cues. She beloved in quality versus quantity.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The majority of nurses were compassionate and attentive. There were some that made me feel I was just a number, but that was not the norm.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
They work with you, especially as an older potential mom. They are not aggressive and believe it take one quality egg to get a positive result. It also worked out for me that they had a satellite office on Long Island. This help as we go through a cycle during Covid.
It was efficient and went fairly smoothly.
Prices were al Le carte. Which at times were a benefit.
Lana Lipkin
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr Liu was informative and always available. He communicated well and always provided all information and explained everything very well. He did my egg retrieval, I got 8 and 5 made it to day 5. We did genetic testing and only 1 was good. We transferred it and I got pregnant...He was caring and explained everything. He was very informative and always remembered my name.
My insurance covered part of it. I paid $6000...The only thing I will mention is that u always speak to different nurses [at New Hope Fertility Center]. If you are the type that needs consistency then this may not be the place since it's always different nurses. But let me say they always were very knowledgeable and I didn't see this as a negative but some people may..
How was your experience with Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
So knowledgeable. They would always respond to my emails quickly.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The only thing I will mention is that u always speak to different nurses. If you are the type that needs consistency then this may not be the place since it's always different nurses. But let me say they always were very knowledgeable and I didn't see this as a negative but some people may.
Well oiled machine
My insurance covered part of it. I paid $6000
Zitao Liu
New Hope Fertility Center
My concerns were always addressed [with Dr. John Zhang]...The doctor was very informative. The doctor was very caring...I always knew what was going on with my cycle...Very honest with the outcome of our cycle...My husband was diagnosed with male factor infertility. Semen analysis were performed at the clinic the same day. Sperm retrieval procedure was done and sperm were frozen. I then did mini ivf. Minimal pills and injections followed by an egg retrieval. 14 embryos were created. One successful embryo transfer.
My husband was diagnosed with male factor infertility. Semen analysis were performed at the clinic [New Hope Fertility Center] the same day. Sperm retrieval procedure was done and sperm were frozen. I then did mini ivf. Minimal pills and injections followed by an egg retrieval. 14 embryos were created. One successful embryo transfer...Nursing staff work really well and extremely fast. I always received an email with instructions promptly.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
John Zhang was extremely informative. I always knew what was going on with my cycle. I had an amazing experience with this clinic. John Zhang was a very caring doctor. Very honest with the outcome of our cycle.
Go in with questions you have concerting your cycle.
My concerns were always addressed. The doctor was very informative. The doctor was very caring.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is very clean and very calming environment. Staff are amazing. I always received important information regarding my cycle within hours of leaving the clinic. I always felt comfortable going to the clinic.

IUI With Other Docs
Dr. Merhi was always attentive and made time to answer all my questions. While monitoring can feel more like a number, I always knew Dr. Merhi was behind my care and available to speak... is a wonderful and caring doctor. He made a very emotional and upsetting process more accessible and lowered my stress. He always made time to explain things, I would wholeheartedly recommend him!
There is a lot of people that go through the clinic [New Hope Fertility Center], so the nurses sometimes got things wrong. You definitely have to stay vigilant about your care at any clinic you go to...The monitor hours at New Hope are really great! I found it really hard in my previous clinic to only have monitoring hours early morning, but New Hope has until 2pm and are usually pretty quick. Don't get thrown off at the New Agey decor, it's a great place, plus great location.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Merhi is a wonderful and caring doctor. He made a very emotional and upsetting process more accessible and lowered my stress. He always made time to explain things, I would wholeheartedly recommend him!
Ask lots of questions.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
There is a lot of people that go through the clinic, so the nurses sometimes got things wrong. You definitely have to stay vigilant about your care at any clinic you go to.
Zaher Merhi
New Hope Fertility Center
Dr. Makarov was very knowledgeable and professional during my entire process. I trusted her and I got the results I wanted on the first try! I’m very satisfied. I would recommend her to anyone who is interested in doing the iv... The nurses and staff [New Hope Fertility] were very helpful. Always there to assist in any questions or issues. They were very kind and knowledgeable.
The nurses and staff [New Hope Fertility] were very helpful. Always there to assist in any questions or issues. They were very kind and knowledgeable.... Clinic is very clean. Staff are very knowledgeable and helpful. They are equipped with everything you need. The hours of operation work perfect with my work schedule. The medication I was able to get right at the office.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nurses and staff were very helpful. Always there to assist in any questions or issues. They were very kind and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The grant was very helpful. I would not have been able to proceed without it.

2021, Successful
Dr. Makarov provides completely customized care for each patient. After each appointment, she reviews your ultrasound and bloodwork, and follows up with specific next steps over email based on the results. Communication was very clear, prompt, and I always felt like I had a game plan specific to my case...believe in a more natural approach to IVF... implemented a natural transfer protocol, syncing the timing with my existing cycle...
New Hope has open monitoring hours so you just show up anytime during the 7am-noon window of time and get seen by the doctor/PA/nurse in the order you arrive. They're extremely efficient with getting you in and out...[nurses were] Extremely caring, kind and knowledgeable. They were also phenomenal communicators. It was always easy to get responses in the portal or over the phone....
I was referred to Dr. Makarov by a friend after 2 failed egg retrievals at another clinic due to producing zero blastocysts. My old doctor told us our infertility was due to poor egg quality (I'm 33 for reference) and we should start thinking about donor eggs. In our first consult with Dr. Makarov, she assured me there was nothing wrong with my eggs and that I was simply overstimulated with way too many injectable medications. She thought I was a perfect candidate for mini-IVF, a lower stimulation protocol with more oral medications. We would get fewer eggs, but they would be higher quality and ultimately result in more blastocysts . In that one conversation, Dr. Makarov revived our hope and we felt 100% confident in putting her in charge of our care. Our mini-IVF cycle was as successful as she predicted, we produced 3 blastocysts (with my own eggs!) and all 3 ended up being PGS normal. We transferred our first embryo in September and just gave birth to my son in May. I truly can't recommend Dr. Makarov enough, she's incredibly smart and knowledgeable. Where my old doctor made me feel like a lost cause, Dr. Makarov made me feel optimistic and excited about the process again (which is really hard after 2+ years of infertility, 1 miscarriage, 3 IUIs, and 2x failed egg retrievals).
Put your trust in Dr. Makarov and her team. Their approach may seem a little different (i.e. mini-IVF is a little unusual if you've done IVF elsewhere) but trust that they know what they're doing and are customizing your care for a reason, above all they want you to be successful. The only thing that took some getting used to at New Hope is that you won't see Dr. Makarov at every visit, sometimes you'll meet with her PA who is fantastic as well as the nurses. Even if Dr. Makarov isn't meeting with you, she's always reviewing your bloodwork and ultrasound to recommend next steps.
Even though New Hope is a large clinic, Dr. Makarov provides completely customized care for each patient. After each appointment, she reviews your ultrasound and bloodwork, and follows up with specific next steps over email based on the results. Communication was very clear, prompt, and I always felt like I had a game plan specific to my case.
Dr Makarov and New Hope in general believe in a more natural approach to IVF. That means leveraging your body's natural hormones and supplementing with less stimulation, more oral medication (clomid, letrozole) and less injectables (we only used gonal-f and cetrotide) at 1/3 of the doses we had used with traditional IVF at our old clinic. And when we were ready to transfer, Dr Makarov implemented a natural transfer protocol, syncing the timing with my existing cycle. Ultimately, this approach with less medication and lower dose hormones made all the difference.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strengths: - New Hope has open monitoring hours so you just show up anytime during the 7am-noon window of time and get seen by the doctor/PA/nurse in the order you arrive. They're extremely efficient with getting you in and out. This made it easy to fit my schedule and go to the office before work plus less stressful if you hit traffic on the way to the clinic. - customized protocols - Really great communication through the portal - Very thorough - Innovative. New Hope is on the cutting edge of new reproductive technology Weaknesses - All of the doctors do the procedures so its not guaranteed that your primary RE will do your egg retrieval, transfer, etc. - You won't always see a doctor during monitoring
An efficient, well-oiled machine. Bloodwork was done right outside of the ultrasound rooms so they did a great job of getting everyone in and out.
New Hope was very transparent about the costs. They provide a piece of paper that outlines costs if you were to self-play for each individual procedure they offer. Since New Hope does everything in-house, I felt like their costs were less expensive compared to my first clinic where all procedures had to happen at a nearby hospital.
Since my embryos were genetically tested, highly rated and I'm under 35, Dr Makarov felt strongly about only transferring one embryo. However I know other patients that transferred 2x if they were older and their embryos were untested. It seems that the decision is made on a case by case basis.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
I had one situation where I was emailed inaccurate changes to my medication protocol. However I called the clinic to question it and it was quickly resolved before I implemented the changes. The nurse was extremely apologetic and nothing like that ever happened again.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Makarov was really knowledgeable about everything related to my care. Visits were sometimes in and out, but that's just what happens at a fertility clinic when you're there all the time! Anytime I asked something, she was happy to take time to explain or go over the possibilities. I always trusted her decision making...Don't expect that she's going to offer all of the information at the outset -- come with questions if you want specific answers!
All of the nurses on the [New Hope Fertility Center] floor were incredibly kind and were truly rooting me on along the way. I couldn't have asked for a better team...Even though there are different people responding, I still felt like they were paying specific attention to my needs, particularly when it came to lowering the amount of medication I needed.
I thought Dr. Makarov was really knowledgeable about everything related to my care. Visits were sometimes in and out, but that's just what happens at a fertility clinic when you're there all the time! Anytime I asked something, she was happy to take time to explain or go over the possibilities. I always trusted her decision making.
The whole team was really kind and generous with me.
We did three rounds of IUI just because my insurance required it before moving to IVF. Once we decided to move to IVF, we did an egg retrieval but then waited a month for my ovaries to heal because I had so many eggs. The next month, we did the implantation and now we are nearing the end of our first trimester.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Temima)
Everyone on the nursing staff was wonderful. I worked mostly with Temima as my RN and she made sure to do a personal follow up with me when I had some complications following my egg retrieval. All of the nurses on the floor were incredibly kind and were truly rooting me on along the way. I couldn't have asked for a better team.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
I've seen some reviews that were upset because they didn't get personalized attention at every step from specific people in the office, and it's true that a rotating group of people will respond to you and be with you during monitoring. But this is a large clinic in the middle of New York City, so I'm not sure why they would expect that! Even though there are different people responding, I still felt like they were paying specific attention to my needs, particularly when it came to lowering the amount of medication I needed.
I went right around 7am when they opened. I scheduled to be there for about 45 minutes each time. Only once did I go over that time, and that was at the height of Omicron so I think they had staffing issues that were out of their control. Usually I was there about 30 minutes.
My care was mostly covered by insurance but I had co-pays.
They preferred single embryo transfer for health reasons, but it seemed like if I had really pushed for multiple, they would have been open to it.
2021 - 2022, Successful
She [Dr. Jennifer Kulp Makarov] is not a chatty person. But when I ask my questions, she answered everything. So you want to think what to ask before you go to appointments...She was really trying make me pregnant on first try with her. She is not like super warm type of doctor. More like realistic and tell you what you need but also consults what patient’s want. If we decided to have another one, I’ll definitely come back to her!
This [New Hope Fertility Center] very busy clinic. So you need to top of this and ask your questions about your treatments and bills as well. Sometimes, they charge something that I already paid. You definitely think that you are just a number at one point. But as long as you ask your questions and ask them what I should do in my end. It’s fine. Overall, this clinic is cheaper than other clinic in NYC.
She is not a chatty person. But when I ask my questions, she answered everything. So you want to think what to ask before you go to appointments. When I ended up chemical pregnancy on first FET with Different doctor in same clinic, I switched doctor to Dr. Makarov. She did a procedure and detected my inflammation in uterus. So she told me to get antibiotics and skip a cycle. My inflammation didn’t go away completely in next cycle. She suggested me to wait one more cycle. I was most frustrated 2 months for me. But she found the cause and told me to wait. So she is not a doctor who trying to make money from patients. She was really trying make me pregnant on first try with her. She is not like super warm type of doctor. More like realistic and tell you what you need but also consults what patient’s want. If we decided to have another one, I’ll definitely come back to her!
List your questions before your appointment. She doesn’t have a lot of time to each patients.
There is so many patients there. So she doesn’t have a lot of time for you. But if you list your questions prior to appointment, you can ask and get answers.
I already had PGT-tested frozen eggs from first egg retrieval with different doctor in same clinic. When I did first FET, I didn’t use ovidrel for ovulation. With her, I used ovidrel, progesterone and estradiol. And my thyroid level was low. So she told me to use Levothyroxine. Then I got pregnant! With first doctor, he didn’t mention about my thyroid level.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
After appointments with doctor or NP, if you have questions, you deal with nurses. Because they are busy big clinic, they have work shifts. So when you send questions, sometimes you don’t get answers. Because this nurse is went home or off that day. But if you send questions to other nurses, you will eventually get answers. It’s sometimes frustrating. But also I understand that they are busy.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
This very busy clinic. So you need to top of this and ask your questions about your treatments and bills as well. Sometimes, they charge something that I already paid. You definitely think that you are just a number at one point. But as long as you ask your questions and ask them what I should do in my end. It’s fine. Overall, this clinic is cheaper than other clinic in NYC.
FET was about $4000 with transfer and something else.
I asked her if I should transfer two, she told me because my embryos was PGT-tested normal. She suggested not to do.
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr. Olcha was very kind and was always available whenever I had a question or concern...He showed such great bedside manner and was always available without hesitation and never seemed annoyed or in a rush. He took the time out to fully explain the IVF process to myself and my husband. He called me periodically just to check in and see how I was feeling which was icing on the cake. He was very good at giving rational unbiased explanations of what to realistically expect and any risks involved. I firmly believe he is not the type of doctor that will tell you what you want to hear so they can make money off of you. He is v
[The nurses at New Hope Fertility Center had a] Fast response time, pleasant demeanor and always updated me on my blood results the same day...Total cost of my IVF cycle was around $10,000...the one thing I like the most about this clinic is that payment is not due upfront and you pay per service rendered which made it easier for my husband and I to plan accordingly and spread out the payments
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
The difference between Dr. Olcha and my previous fertility doctor was night and day. He showed such great bedside manner and was always available without hesitation and never seemed annoyed or in a rush. He took the time out to fully explain the IVF process to myself and my husband. He called me periodically just to check in and see how I was feeling which was icing on the cake. He was very good at giving rational unbiased explanations of what to realistically expect and any risks involved. I firmly believe he is not the type of doctor that will tell you what you want to hear so they can make money off of you. He is very honest and trustworthy and just facilitated the whole experience for us and made it as smooth as possible. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!
Trust the process. All the appointments and money spent is 1000% worth it!
Oral ovarian stimulation meds plus injectables. I started out with the at home IVF kit but my ovaries were slow to respond so I needed an extra boost and was given follistim/gonal-f to move things along quicker. My trigger shot was the nasal spray which worked perfectly. After the egg retrieval I was out on Estrace (oral tablets) and prometrium (vaginal suppositories) to support my uterine lining for a fresh transfer.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic as a whole (long island office and Manhattan office) is super clean and well organized. Even during the covid-19 pandemic they still managed to treat patients the same and always had the appropriate level of PPE on.
Total cost of my IVF cycle was around $10,000 the one thing I like the most about this clinic is that payment is not due upfront and you pay per service rendered which made it easier for my husband and I to plan accordingly and spread out the payments
Describe Meir Olcha's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
My husband and I had our hearts set on transfer I g 2 embryos however Dr. Olcha didn’t recommend it based on my estrogen levels at the time of the egg retrieval and had a gentle talk with us about why he believed it would be safer to transfer one embryo due to my increased risk of OHSS once HCG levels start to rise in combination with my high estrogen level. We took his advice and couldn’t be happier!
Meir Olcha