4.3
4.3

6.3
6.3

4 Columbus Circle

Dr. Merhi is a great doctor. He's energetic and interested in your journey. You can tell that he really loves his job and loves helping his patients. Most importantly, he is up-to-date on his knowledge. He answers all your questions, presents all the options, and gives you very individualized care. While waiting for my procedures, I met a few other patients as well who had great things to say about him. He gives you hope and backs it up with dedicated care.
This [New Hope Fertility Center] is a high volume clinic, which means the doctors have a lot of experience with treatment, and particularly with surgical procedures. The clinic is also very well run and efficient. Despite the large volume of patients, wait times are low and everything is taken care of in a very organized manner...he nursing staff was very efficient and made things flow smoothly. I received all medications and documents very quickly. They also had great bedside manner.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
You'll be in great hands with Dr. Merhi!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
New Hope is an extremely busy practice and that is a great thing. If you are going to have a doctor perform surgical procedures on you, you want to go to one who has a ton of experience. Despite the large volume, however, your results are always reviewed by a physician in a timely manner, and their physicians have a great bedside manner. I’ve been working with Dr. Merhi, and he will forever be one of my favorite people. He is positive and encouraging and fully attentive to your personal story. Anytime I spoke with him, he was well aware of each detail. You need to see a specialist who makes you feel heard and who will not give up on you and I always felt in good hands with Dr. Merhi. This is really a practice that promotes hope, and that is something so important for women who are struggling and thinking they may have to give up. If your doctor believes in you, then you can believe in yourself and know that it may be a long journey, but it WILL happen and your doctor will help you all along the way. Dr. Merhi individualized my care based on how things were progressing. He found my issue, fixed it, and now we are happily pregnant all thanks to him.
Describe the protocols Zaher Merhi used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I had done IUI 4 times with a previous specialist and had one pregnancy and subsequent miscarriage. With Dr. Merhi, I did both a low dose and high dose egg retrieval cycle to get enough eggs. We transferred two frozen embryos, both of which resulted in positive pregnancies which unfortunately ended very early. Dr. Merhi recommended a full hysteroscopy at that time and found a uterine septum which he fixed. We transferred another embryo after that and I am currently 4 months pregnant :)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nursing staff was very efficient and made things flow smoothly. I received all medications and documents very quickly. They also had great bedside manner.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
This is a high volume clinic, which means the doctors have a lot of experience with treatment, and particularly with surgical procedures. The clinic is also very well run and efficient. Despite the large volume of patients, wait times are low and everything is taken care of in a very organized manner.
Describe Zaher Merhi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
Dr. Merhi is not pushy at all. He did recommend transferring one embryo because it is safer. He was open to discussion. We ended up following his advice and now that we have a healthy single pregnancy, we are happy we listened.
New Hope Fertility Center

13 eggs were retrieved and 7 of them made it to embryos [when cycling with Dr. Olcha]. I froze my embryos immediately and did genetic testing on my best 3. Once those results came out Dr. Olcha asked if I wanted to chose which embryo he implanted but I asked him to just use the best one. The embryo transfer was a breeze and two weeks later I went back in for a pregnancy blood test and Dr. Olcha called me that afternoon to let me know that I was pregnant!! Every week following for 3 weeks I went in for a sonogram then I moved to an OB. I am now 4 months pregnant with a healthy baby girl!! My remaining frozen embryos remain at a storage facility with New Hope.
Monitoring [at New Hope Fertility Center] was very easy and most of the time very quick. I would try and get there early, you check in and then wait for your name to be called on the screen- you’re in and out in under an hour...Costs were what I expected however it’s a pay as you go so the cost doesn’t hit you in one lump sum which would be a bit tricky for most. The most important thing I can say is that I knew exactly what costs would be before I did anything so nothing came as a surprise to me which was so helpful.
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
I’m a 34 yr old woman who was having a hard time getting pregnant. The first doctor I went to always made me feel like getting pregnant was this huge hurtle that I might get over.. but might not. After the first consultation I had with Dr. Olcha I left, got in my car, and cried because I felt like I FINALLY had a doctor who gave me the compassion I needed and slowly went over all my options and then he advised what he recommended. I did 4 IUI’s and then ultimately decided with Dr. Olcha IVF was the best next step. Every procedure I did I knew exactly what to expect and felt comfortable throughout the whole process. I am now 4 months pregnant and so happy!! I just wish Dr. Olcha could stay my OB!! It was sad to leave his care and I would recommend him (and already have) to anyone who is looking for fertility assistance.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Look no further you’re in good hands now
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Olcha and the whole team at New Hope always we’re extremely patient with me and always took time to answer any questions or concerns I had during my fertility journey
Describe the protocols Meir Olcha used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I did 5 IUI rounds but only 4 IUI transfers (Dr. Olcha cancelled one round because I over stimulated on clomid). I didn’t get pregnant with any IUI rounds. Then we moved to IVF. I was on oral and injectable medication for 2 weeks and then we did my egg retrieval. 13 eggs were retrieved and 7 of them made it to embryos. I froze my embryos immediately and did genetic testing on my best 3. Once those results came out Dr. Olcha asked if I wanted to chose which embryo he implanted but I asked him to just use the best one. The embryo transfer was a breeze and two weeks later I went back in for a pregnancy blood test and Dr. Olcha called me that afternoon to let me know that I was pregnant!! Every week following for 3 weeks I went in for a sonogram then I moved to an OB. I am now 4 months pregnant with a healthy baby girl!! My remaining frozen embryos remain at a storage facility with New Hope.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nursing staff and technicians were amazing at New Hope! Always a smile on their face and answered any questions I had.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is very nice! The first time you go you head to the 3rd floor and it looks like a spa! Then you head up to the 4th floor (where you’ll be from here on out) as it’s where you’ll do all your blood work and procedures. There’s always hot coffee and some sort of cookie/biscuits out, calm music playing, and a beautiful view of Columbus Circle and Central Park. Not to mention it’s extremely clean!
Monitoring was very easy and most of the time very quick. I would try and get there early, you check in and then wait for your name to be called on the screen- you’re in and out in under an hour.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center.
Describe Meir Olcha's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
I wasn’t sure if I should do multiple or single embryo transfer... Dr. Olcha advised that because of my age and the fact I wasn’t looking to have twins that I should only do one. I am very happy I went with his advise!

IUI With Other Docs
I thought the [New Hope Fertility Center] clinic was beautiful first time going in and that the staff were nice and made you feel comfortable. Having fertility issues is a strange and sometimes uncomfortable thing to accept and deal with and I feel new hope does a great job at being encouraging and honest. And no one looks at you weird.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
I feel Dr. Zhang knows his job and understand it and does it well. He enters the room occasionally during the sonogram to see how many eggs are growing and gives a brief overview of what might be next and says he will check blood work and send you home. I never felt any communication issues at all and I feel he is a busy man working with multiple women trying to help us all and he doesn’t show any way overwhelmed. Always seemed at ease and pleasant.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
I don’t necessarily have advice but I would say Dr. Zhang is honest and whatever his concerns are he will make you aware of . One cycle I lost an egg day before trigger and we spoke and he gave me his recommendation to start over for the next month and that’s what we did. If there’s any advice I can give it would listen to him and take your time. Don’t rush the process because you want it now. If he says give it another month and start over then do it .
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
As a patient you understand that you are not the only one and that’s something we all should accept but I never felt like I was just a number. Dr.Zhang would communicate with me and let me know what’s going on even if brief and he did everything with compassion.
Describe the protocols John Zhang used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
He wanted to make as many mature eggs and possible for retrieval and I appreciate that. I had trouble with losing eggs and some eggs not maturing and only two or three and sometimes only one growing enough. Dr. Zhang made sure to keep working on the eggs that were growing by continuing medication. Best decision ever and I appreciate that he cared enough to not do the retrieval with just one or two Mature eggs.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
They were all very pleasant and caring
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
I thought the clinic was beautiful first time going in and that the staff were nice and made you feel comfortable. Having fertility issues is a strange and sometimes uncomfortable thing to accept and deal with and I feel new hope does a great job at being encouraging and honest. And no one looks at you weird.
I enjoyed the monitoring appointments because it was fast and easy. Blood work first then sonogram.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center.
It was exactly what they said it would be
2016 - 2020, Successful
The plan [with Dr. Merhi] was to use my own eggs w/ donor sperm...with Dr. Merhi, I began to feel supported and listened to. I began to realize I that if I brought more to the table (the right questions, etc.), he took the time with me, too, to explain things more clearly. When it came the for the egg retrievals, it was ONLY Dr. Merhi's that I felt ZERO pain. The other Dr.'s techniques, etc., I had a lot of pain during the procedures - no joke. After all the cycle efforts using my own eggs (always MY decision to make), I am the one who came to the hard realization that perhaps my eggs weren't viable. I took a break (mid-2017 to Fall 2019). When I returned to my efforts, I came in already knowing I was going to use a donor for eggs (& donor sperm). I o
Some of the blood drawers [at New Hope Fertility Center] weren't great (read: painful needle insertion!), and others - I felt nothing! Some of the sonogram technicians (NOT nurses) liked to pretend they really new a lot about medical needs/advice - which was not great for a "newbie" like me in the beginning of my journey...I received 2 conflicting emails from two different nurses. I wrote back immediately letting them know of the different info., and they got back to me right away with the corrected info...Sometimes - the billing dept. can be a bit cold and treat you like a number. I recommend taking care of billing stuff before the day of a major procedure (IUI, egg retrieval, IVF transfer, hysteroscopy, etc.). It can be a bit unnerving to deal with billing dept. the day of those emotional procedures. If your name com
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Any time I asked to see Dr. Merhi, I was scheduled in and able to do so. Only once was he not there and so his team scheduled a phone consult appt with him and he called the very next day. I specifically requested him to be the Dr. to perform my last/most recent IVF transfer with donor egg and sperm, and he made sure to schedule me with respect to his availability. He left no stone unturned to give me all the meds, scheduled appt.'s, consults, etc., to make sure we succeeded this time! I feel he took no issue with my age (47) and was 100% on my team with absolute assuredness we would succeed. If I had any questions, he would slowly spell everything out for me in a respectful way...even drawing pictures/charts for me in his office. We did succeed and he was genuinely SO happy for me!
Ask in the beginning what days Dr. Merhi is at the office location you prefer. He goes to two (I think) different locations every week. Be bold with requesting exactly what you need and ask every question you have! Make sure you ask to specifically meet with him. When you do monitoring during their daily hours (7am-12pm), I would get there on the earlier side if you hope to catch Dr. Merhi after your meetings with bloodwork/sonograms. It helps if you do your own research and have specific questions for him re: your own protocol and needs.
With Dr. Merhi, I felt listened to and respected. I felt he took the time (never rushing) with me to help me really understand every step. He helped me feel like no question was too "dumb" and he was very positive and encouraging. I read folks' energy very well and he was very sincere with me. He was not in it for the money and taking me for a ride. I felt supported and nurtured.
I started at New Hope FC in 2016! I met with whomever whenever they were available as I had no idea what I was doing nor what to expect. For a while, I felt I was just a number and on an assembly line. That is, until I met with Dr. Merhi. I started in 2016 with mini-IVF protocol. The plan was to use my own eggs w/ donor sperm. I'll skip the methods used by some of the Dr.'s & go right to Merhi. The meds used for cycles, etc., were pretty much the same w/ all Dr.'s I was using along the way. However, with Dr. Merhi, I began to feel supported and listened to. I began to realize I that if I brought more to the table (the right questions, etc.), he took the time with me, too, to explain things more clearly. When it came the for the egg retrievals, it was ONLY Dr. Merhi's that I felt ZERO pain. The other Dr.'s techniques, etc., I had a lot of pain during the procedures - no joke. After all the cycle efforts using my own eggs (always MY decision to make), I am the one who came to the hard realization that perhaps my eggs weren't viable. I took a break (mid-2017 to Fall 2019). When I returned to my efforts, I came in already knowing I was going to use a donor for eggs (& donor sperm). I only requested Dr. Merhi (after prior experiences w/ other Dr.'s there). Full disclosure: after the time away, new Dr.'s were there as well. I have NO idea how some of them are. I can only attest to my comparison of Dr. Merhi with about 4 others there. I ONLY worked with Dr. Merhi this time around. And - to GREAT SUCCESS!! I am pregnant...1st trimester almost over. :-)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
It took many, many visits to realize who my favorites were, honestly. Some of the blood drawers weren't great (read: painful needle insertion!), and others - I felt nothing! Some of the sonogram technicians (NOT nurses) liked to pretend they really new a lot about medical needs/advice - which was not great for a "newbie" like me in the beginning of my journey. Make sure you are talking to a NURSE when you have questions. Also - if you get the feeling the nurse does not know the answer, ASK for a meeting with Dr. Merhi! Also- Dr. Merhi has a specific nurse team! Ask for the Merhi-Nurse Team email for emails communications (merhisupport@...). I definitely had my favorite nurses there. Sometimes, the nurses' lines re: my specific protocol were crossed and I had to confirm something 2 or 3 times with DIFFERENT nurses before getting Dr. Merhi's actual correct answer. This was mostly through several email exchanges and strategically CC'ing different nurses. Never apologize for needing an answer if you feel you're not getting what you need. Call! Email! Again, some nurses are way more experienced and clearly-spoken than others. You'll start to realize as you go along. Never hesitate to ask for a meeting with Dr. Merhi if you really need.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
You can feel assured that the Dr.'s at this clinic all know the latest techniques and strategies for protocol for each person's needs. There's a chance you'll feel a bit like you are on an assembly line at first. I can't stress enough - make your voice heard! Ask questions, and if someone doesn't know the answer, make a consult appt. with your chosen Dr. there. In my case, I chose Dr. Merhi - hands down. Sometimes - the billing dept. can be a bit cold and treat you like a number. I recommend taking care of billing stuff before the day of a major procedure (IUI, egg retrieval, IVF transfer, hysteroscopy, etc.). It can be a bit unnerving to deal with billing dept. the day of those emotional procedures. If your name comes up to visit billing - hopefully it's not on a major procedure day. If you know you need to pay for something and a major procedure is coming, just be proactive about taking care of it early. They WILL call you in on a procedure day and make you pay before the retrieval/transfer. Feels a bit cold, I must say. But - it's not free after all. Just recommending you take care of it before the DAY OF. It really helps if you read their website re: all the different levels of IVF, etc., and then make your list of questions going in for the very first consultation with a Dr. of your choice. If you need to, meet with 3 or 4 different Dr.'s in the beginning to see who you gel with.
Monitoring hours are very convenient! It is a well-oiled machine. Hours are 7am-12noon. The sooner you arrive, the less time you'll wait. The longest I've waited was about 30 minutes. That was only because I went in closer to 11-12pm time. They are a well-oiled machine. Once you arrive and check-in, you're in line in the order you came.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center.
The billing dept. is VERY good/trustworthy at trying to submit everything to your insurance first. Depending on what your coverage is, the costs of all procedures, monitoring, etc., are comparable to most places. They are reasonable in relation to other places, depending on what you're having done. Not going to lie -- it's EXPENSIVE. But - I feel we're a special case: in the end, after several efforts using my own eggs w/ IUI donor sperm and IVF, we chose to also go with an egg donor. I mean - I could have put this child (the one I'm pregnant with as I type!) through its first two years of college! Some of the meds were covered by my insurance - not all of them. Some of the procedures were covered by insurance - not all of them.
I never talked about this with Dr. Merhi because my wife and I agreed that we'd only ever opt to have ONE embryo transferred at a time. We did not want to risk multiples. It was not ever a topic for Dr. Merhi and I.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
ONE time - only once - I received 2 conflicting emails from two different nurses. I wrote back immediately letting them know of the different info., and they got back to me right away with the corrected info.!
New Hope Fertility Center
Being Dr. Olcha's patient, I knew I was in capable hands. He is extremely optimistic and confident. I really appreciated how quickly he responded to emails, how he called me personally with results, and how he performed almost all of my procedures during my IUI/IVF journey. I would have liked more of an explanation on my different medications and options- like ICSI and Assisted Hatching, prior to my asking. Once I did ask, he went out of his way to explain in detail. Most importantly, he got me pregnant, like he promised!
The [New Hope Fertility Center] clinic is a well-run, well-oiled machine- clean, comfortable, and exuding confidence in what they are doing. Monitoring was extremely efficient, taking no more than 30 minutes. I appreciated how organized they were with screens to tell you where to go. When I had to go in for procedures, the waiting times were substantially longer. Sometimes the OR or the doctor performing the procedure would be running an hour or more behind the scheduled time. When my procedure was time sensitive, my procedure was pretty much on time, so they might prioritize patients who needed procedures at certain times.
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Come prepared with questions and don't hesitate to be persistent.
The entire time during my care with Dr. Olcha, he has always been warm, personable, and genuine. He was very thorough in explaining any procedures to me and was impeccable at communicating and answering any questions I have.
I went through one egg retrieval and two frozen transfers with Dr. Olcha. Because I was ovulating on my own, he had me do natural transfers each time. The first frozen transfer failed to implant. The second frozen transfer worked.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
I have met a lot of different nurses during my time at New Hope and they were all kind. They do not all respond efficiently, but most of them do. I received instructions a few hours after every visit and they always called back when I had questions.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is a well-run, well-oiled machine- clean, comfortable, and exuding confidence in what they are doing. Monitoring was extremely efficient, taking no more than 30 minutes. I appreciated how organized they were with screens to tell you where to go. When I had to go in for procedures, the waiting times were substantially longer. Sometimes the OR or the doctor performing the procedure would be running an hour or more behind the scheduled time. When my procedure was time sensitive, my procedure was pretty much on time, so they might prioritize patients who needed procedures at certain times.
Monitoring was a breeze- I just showed up at the office during monitoring times. There are screens that tell you when and what chair to report to for bloodwork, when and what room to go to for sonogram, and if you need to visit billing. I was able to go right around 7am and I would be done with monitoring usually in less than half an hour.

Donor Eggs With Other Docs
He [Dr. Zaher Merhi] may not always be available as most doctors cannot be, but his staff is great at getting back to you. He does call and reach out which was great, as our previous doctor didn't typically do that. We felt he was also on point with all the new technology, studies, standards of practice etc and did not subscribe to anything that was not proven or did not have statistical significance...We did donor egg cycles What was different vs. other donor cycles I'd done at another facility was: addition of low dose prednisone, progesterone suppositories, no lupron, no lovenox, no birth control pills prior to cycle initiation, Estradiol throughout. On the second transfer, addition of 1 ml of progesterone sub q.
Most communication occurs via email. Additionally, New Hope was fairly priced and more reasonable than other clinics (which we GREATLY appreciated) and offered more advanced care. It can feel slightly cold or isolating, however, we didn't mind as we weren't there for the experience. We were there for results. And that is what we got!...The nurses are very good and there are several monitoring your progress. Most of the communication is via email. They are very responsive on email and if/when you prefer or need to speak live, they are there for you. Since I've gone through many cycles previously, I knew what to do, aske and expect.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Merhi reviewed my history and on our first visit knew immediately what the challenge was. He caught and diagnosed what was missed twice, by another very reputable IVF clinic. It was confirmed during surgery and he corrected the problem. We had gone through 11 unsuccessful IVF's and 3 IUI's at another facility and had just about every test imaginable. We were told there was nothing wrong but there obviously was and hadn't we seen Dr. Merhi, we believe we would never have discovered the true reason for the infertility. And now that is had been surgically corrected, we are pregnant!
Dr. Merhi is kind, compassionate, funny and extremely knowledgeable. He may not always be available as most doctors cannot be, but his staff is great at getting back to you. He does call and reach out which was great, as our previous doctor didn't typically do that. We felt he was also on point with all the new technology, studies, standards of practice etc and did not subscribe to anything that was not proven or did not have statistical significance.
Dr. Merhi was very kind, easy to speak with and made himself available when we had a question last minute on the day of the transfer. We felt and knew he had our best interest at heart from the moment we met him and were confident in his knowledge, experience and diagnosis.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
New Hope was very different for us versus the previous clinic we worked with. It is very fast paced, technologically advanced, and reminds me of the military in the respect that they have everything down to a science. Most communication occurs via email. Additionally, New Hope was fairly priced and more reasonable than other clinics (which we GREATLY appreciated) and offered more advanced care. It can feel slightly cold or isolating, however, we didn't mind as we weren't there for the experience. We were there for results. And that is what we got!
The costs for self pay were more reasonable and fair than other clinics in other states. Also, I was delighted that we did not have to pay for everything up front all at once as we had to do at another clinic. They have a fair pricing and payment structure.
Due to my age, Dr. Merhi advised on single embryo transfer. He educated us fully on the risks so we could make an educated decision.
New Hope Fertility Center

my husband and I ALWAYS felt that we were respected and treated well by Dr. Merhi...Speaking directly with Dr. Merhi always felt very personal -- he is honest, but also has excellent bedside manners...you'll always have to wait a while to consult with him and he doesn't have a lot of time...with every one of these "setbacks", Dr. Merhi implemented some kind of solution-oriented strategy to try to obtain a better outcome. Sometimes this meant just continuing medication and waiting a few days for the situation to change, and in other times it was really about building the best possible conditions for a successful transfer. I
One definitely develops preferences for some of the nurses over others [at New Hope Fertility Center]. I am extremely grateful to one sonographer who managed to carefully inspect my results and discovered that I would need to have a hysteroscopy to remove a growth before the FET...I almost always received my "instructions" after the monitoring sessions. However, there was one occasion in which I didn't receive any instructions because they essentially forgot to email me that day. This caused me to delay taking certain medications, which I should have started taking the night they forgot to email me.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
We initially began the IVF journey at the New Hope clinic with another doctor. However, my OBGYN doctor had recommended Dr. Merhi, and I had felt put off by some of the communication with the other doctor, so we decided to switch to Dr. Merhi. I am so grateful that we did. Along our journey, there were definitely unexpected twists and turns -- a smaller number of eggs than expected reacting to the stimulation medication, a need for me to have a hysteroscopy done, uterine lining not thickening up to the desired level by the scheduled date. While we had direct consultations with Dr. Merhi at only some of these junctures, with every one of these "setbacks", Dr. Merhi implemented some kind of solution-oriented strategy to try to obtain a better outcome. Sometimes this meant just continuing medication and waiting a few days for the situation to change, and in other times it was really about building the best possible conditions for a successful transfer. I knew that he was personally checking my charts after every monitoring session I had, so I felt personally cared for. I am a firm believer in doing my own research and making sure that as a patient, I always advocate for myself. I also knew that I could express my worries or doubts to Dr. Merhi and his responses were always honest, but comforting. Is the IVF science perfected for pregnancy to be guaranteed each time? Of course not. But having a doctor who is truly your cheerleader and doing their best to strategize the best scientific road to success is crucial.
Dr. Merhi is busy, busy, busy. There is always a line out the door of patients out the door to see him. If you choose to be treated by Dr. Merhi, I would suggest: - Communicate! Be open about what are your concerns are with your cycle. - Do your own research and always advocate for yourself! Prepare your own questions so you can best make use of the time at the in-person consultations. - Don't be discouraged if you can't always see him in person. We would occasionally see other doctors for consultations just for questions or concerns, if we couldn't see him.
Speaking directly with Dr. Merhi always felt very personal -- he is honest, but also has excellent bedside manners, which I believe is super important during the entire stressful IVF process (especially since I found myself very sensitive every step of the way!). Dr. Merhi is one of the most in-demand doctors at the clinic, which means you'll always have to wait a while to consult with him and he doesn't have a lot of time. However, my husband and I ALWAYS felt that we were respected and treated well by Dr. Merhi. It always felt worth the wait just to be reassured by him, and to really feel that he was (is) genuinely determined to help us obtain success in our IVF journey.
During the retrieval cycles, we used birth control pills, letrozole and Clomid pills, as well as Gonal-F and Cetrotide injections. My second cycle (which was when we had switched to Dr. Merhi) produced better results than the first cycle (with another doctor). I actually asked to be placed on a higher medication dose because I felt that the dosage in the first cycle wasn't stimulating enough follicles -- Dr. Merhi prescribed a higher dose of the Gonal-F and added in some of the other pills, and we were able to retrieve more eggs and create more embryos the second time around. Regarding transfer, I had one failed FET and one successful FET. Leading up to the first FET, I was taking Prometrium (progesterone). After the first failure, Dr. Merhi expanded the medication protocol to include Progesterone in oil injections, a small dosage of Prednisone and baby aspirin. I believe that these medications helped my body to be more prepared to successfully accept the second FET.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
You'll see the nurses for your regular monitoring -- drawing blood and sonograms. The nurses are often rotating so on occasion I would see a few nurses that I recognized and had grown friendly with. Some nurses are not as friendly -- some are colder and just trying to "get it done". However, this made me appreciate more the few nurses/sonographers who were just more sensitive to my situation, taking care to look carefully at the results, and to answer my questions. One definitely develops preferences for some of the nurses over others. I am extremely grateful to one sonographer who managed to carefully inspect my results and discovered that I would need to have a hysteroscopy to remove a growth before the FET.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strengths: - More friendly pricing (we found it cheaper than other clinics) - Flexible monitoring windows that can accommodate different schedules - Convenient location at Columbus Circle, emailing instructions (instead of calling -- really awkward to take those calls in public!). Weaknesses: - You won't see your doctor each time you come in to monitor (unless you wait after monitoring) as you are monitored by the nurses - No one explains what to expect for normal procedures prior to that day (ie I wanted to know exactly what to expect on egg retrieval day or transfer day) so if you're interested in knowing beforehand, make sure you schedule a consultation to ask a staff member directly what to expect. - Sometimes we would be waiting for a consultation with the doctor, and the doctor's nurse support staff (not the monitoring nurses) would try to field our questions instead of letting us see the doctor directly... when this happened, we often felt really dissatisfied with the nurses' answers -- and often they were not consistent with the doctor's answers! Again, my advice is to always advocate for yourself, and insist on seeing the doctor even if the nurses are trying to get you out the door. If you advocate for yourself, then I believe you will have a good experience. Notes: The clinic is, as are many of the doctors, busy busy busy. You can be a human, or you can be just a number. I think that part of it really depends on how you advocate for yourself.
It's a pretty efficient monitoring system. Most of the time I was able to be in and out (bloodwork and sonogram) within 20-40 minutes. Once in a while, the wait was so long and I had to check in with the front desk again to make sure they didn't forget about me. Make sure to not be afraid to check in again if you feel that you've been waiting longer than 30 minutes for bloodwork.
We paid out of pocket for costs as our insurance would not cover any of it. Costs, with medication, ran around $10,000 - $12,000 per retrieval cycle. The FET is around $3000. It helped to get medication for a pharmacy recommended to me by a friend (Medcal Pharmacy), which had a special discount with patients from New Hope and also delivered the medications straight to my door, free of charge.
I was told that it was safer for a woman at my age to transfer one embryo. Personally, my husband and I weren't interested in transferring more than that at one time, so we were already on board with Dr. Merhi's approach to eSET.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
I almost always received my "instructions" after the monitoring sessions. However, there was one occasion in which I didn't receive any instructions because they essentially forgot to email me that day. This caused me to delay taking certain medications, which I should have started taking the night they forgot to email me. I had to initiate asking the clinic why I didn't receive any information, in order for them to finally provide me with them. At another point, the nurses gave me different instructions for continuing / stopping medications than what the doctor told me. (Obviously I went in to speak directly to the doctor to clarify the situation and clearly took the doctor's advice over the nurses'.)
New Hope Fertility Center
my protocol for egg retrieval [with Dr. Zaher Merhi] I was on gonal f, cetrotide, and clomid the two weeks leading up to my retrieval (all low doses)...always explained the process clearly and compassionately. He listened to my questions and answered them with care and thoughtfulness. Any time I wanted to see him he made time for me. He was kind and gentle with his delivery of all types of news...When monitoring you may not see him as often, but he is still absolutely pouring over the data and making smart decisions based on what he sees. Trust his judgement.
The nurses [at New Hope Fertility] were incredible. Responsive, thoughtful, and detailed in responses. The nurses drawing blood in the lab were the best I’ve ever worked with. Now when I get blood drawn elsewhere I realize how truly special they were...Monitoring hours were a little tricky for me because I had to be at work by 8:00 am as a teacher. However, if I arrived around 6:45 I was never late to work and ready to leave the clinic by 7:40.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Merhi was always so kind and encouraging. Even when I got news that wasn’t so great (when I learned of my low AMH, failed iuis, etc) he presented information clearly but when a gentleness that made me feel like he always cared deeply about our goals of growing our family. When our transfer worked he shared in our joy and excitement.
Do not feel the need to interpret every test result- Dr. Merhi will let you know if levels are abnormal or of concern. When monitoring you may not see him as often, but he is still absolutely pouring over the data and making smart decisions based on what he sees. Trust his judgement.
Dr. Merhi always explained the process clearly and compassionately. He listened to my questions and answered them with care and thoughtfulness. Any time I wanted to see him he made time for me. He was kind and gentle with his delivery of all types of news.
In my protocol for egg retrieval I was on gonal f, cetrotide, and clomid the two weeks leading up to my retrieval (all low doses). For my transfer I followed the procedure with taking estradiol orally and suppositories of progesterone.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nurses were incredible. Responsive, thoughtful, and detailed in responses. The nurses drawing blood in the lab were the best I’ve ever worked with. Now when I get blood drawn elsewhere I realize how truly special they were.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
This clinic runs like a well oiled machine. It is organized, sparkling clean, and incredible accessible to patients. The downside is that sometimes it is so busy it can be overwhelming. I would tell new patients not to be intimidated but the wait screen or sheer volume of patients. Expect waits that are not terribly long, but be prepared to make exceptions sometimes. If you go early in the morning you can turn around within 30-45 min.
We’ve paid under 3,000 in total for both the egg retrieval and transfers.
New Hope Fertility Center
Dr. Zhang used Clomid with me for all of the cycles...recommended a single 5day embryo transfer and that is what we did...During initial consult, Dr. Zhang went over the treatment plan, which was just going with my natural cycles and using Clomid to control timing of ovulation. Dr. Zhang told us we’d be pregnant in 6 months. We went through 6 retrievals with 4 viable embryos. Had the first transfer with a 5day frozen embryo and got a BFP! I am now 33 weeks along with a baby girl and have 3 more embryos on ice. I call Dr. Zhang our miracle worker
Monitoring hours [at New Hope Fertility Center] are 7am-1 or 2pm. Was in and out every time I went in. You get the blood work done, go back into the waiting area and are called in for sono moments later...The clinic’s strengths are: 1. Convenient hours for monitoring 2. Cost - cost of IVF cycle is the same as cost of IUI cycle in other practices 3. Treatment plans are truly based on the patient 4. Clinic is very well organized (everyone is on the same page) 5. Easy access to doctors 6. Clear and concise treatment plan and instructions 7. Facility is clean and well maintained 8. All parts of the treatment, from consult to embryo transfers are in the same location No weaknesses
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
After being told by a different doctor that we would have to use donor eggs in order to get pregnant, despite me being 33 years old and having gotten pregnant with my 2 other children without a problem, we did more research and found New Hope and Dr. Zhang. During initial consult, Dr. Zhang went over the treatment plan, which was just going with my natural cycles and using Clomid to control timing of ovulation. Dr. Zhang told us we’d be pregnant in 6 months. We went through 6 retrievals with 4 viable embryos. Had the first transfer with a 5day frozen embryo and got a BFP! I am now 33 weeks along with a baby girl and have 3 more embryos on ice. I call Dr. Zhang our miracle worker
Be patient with the treatment plan
Dr. Zhang used Clomid with me for all of the cycles
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
All of the nursing staff were very friendly, compassionate and responsive to questions and concerns
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Monitoring hours are 7am-1 or 2pm. Was in and out every time I went in. You get the blood work done, go back into the waiting area and are called in for sono moments later
The cost can’t be beat. Cost of an IVF cycle with Dr. Zhang is close to cost of IUI cycle at other practices
Describe John Zhang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
Dr. Zhang recommended a single 5day embryo transfer and that is what we did.
New Hope Fertility Center
I wanted twins but again Dr Zang wanted me to be a mother and focus on that by only putting one in. The risks are too high with 2 and he made sure to give me the pro and cons of it...He’s forward thinking and has the capacity to show empathy but also be truthful and weight out all options with you. He’s a man who doesn’t work on taking your money but giving you the results you both desire. A baby. I have nothing but praise and awe for Dr Zang. He is the future of IVF.
[New Hope Fertility Center is] Clean and comfortable. Its also great at not letting you wait too long for scans, bloods and results. I think a new patient should be ready to have several doctors see you as well as nurses. The care is brilliant but if you are looking for a clinic that will designate you one nurse and one doctor, then this is not the place for you. However every doctor at NH is exceptional and very experienced so you won’t mind if you end up seeing most of them.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr Zang is a realistic Dr. He’s forward thinking and has the capacity to show empathy but also be truthful and weight out all options with you. He’s a man who doesn’t work on taking your money but giving you the results you both desire. A baby. I have nothing but praise and awe for Dr Zang. He is the future of IVF.
Be prepared to hear what you may not want to hear. Dr Zang is a realistic and will only help you and give you solutions he can deliver. Not everyone wants to hear the truth but Dr Zang is about delivering just that.
The care and attention was phenomenal. Everyone was realistic and caring. I’m so thankful that we choose NH fertility
Mini no invasive cycles. Small doses of drugs. Dr Zang is about quality not quantity of egg reterivels.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Wonderful all of them. So much so i was scared to leave the clinic as i was sure other nurses wouldn't be so kind
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The costs are not cheap but get the results you require.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
My medication was not sent quick enough so I had to chase.

2022, Successful
Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
Dr.Makarov is very compassionate and has great bedside manners. She discussed any risk and what I can expect. Dr.Makarov always kept me well informed...We used letrozole for about a week, monitored my dominant follicle, and then I ended up ovulating on my own. Then, we planned my embryo transfer...Dr.Makarov prefers for patients to proceed with a single embryo transfer especially at a young age due to high risk of multiples with a DET and a high risk pregnancy in general...
The nurses [at New Hope Fertility Center] kept me informed and sent out instructions through email. Sometimes the emails were sent late or I was forgotten about. But, most times I received my instructions...Before, you were able to come in at any time for an appointment and now you have to wait for instructions with the day to come in. The wait time can vary between 30 minutes to 2 hours when it is extremely busy...
How was your experience with Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr.Makarov is very compassionate and has great bedside manners. She discussed any risk and what I can expect. Dr.Makarov always kept me well informed. Her team on the 3rd floor were great throughout my treatment .
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr.Makarov wears many hats and she may not always be available to see you during a visit, but makes sure to follow up with you herself or someone on her team will reach out.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center?
I never felt forced into treatment or treated like a number. I was present with great care and respect.
Describe the protocols Jennifer Kulp Makarov used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I previously underwent IVF treatment and has frozen embryos in storage. She managed my care for a frozen embryo transfer. We used letrozole for about a week, monitored my dominant follicle, and then I ended up ovulating on my own. Then, we planned my embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nurses kept me informed and sent out instructions through email. Sometimes the emails were sent late or I was forgotten about. But, most times I received my instructions.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center.
Describe Jennifer Kulp Makarov's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
Jennifer Kulp Makarov
New Hope Fertility Center
Dr. Merhi was very patient and understanding of my circumstance and ultimately what I had gone through and what I was planning to endure to have a baby. He shared different information with me and had a sense of enthusiasm to work along with me, which encouraged me even more. I would have like to have had more one-on-one time through-out my journey...I underwent a mini-IVF, which we utilized letrozole, Chlomid, and injectable hormones prior to the egg retrieval. After the retrieval I was placed on a low dosage of Estradiol and progesterone.
My overall experience [at New Hope Fertility Center] was great and I do not really have any complaints. From the setting to the ambiance to the service to the state of the art equipment, I was really impressed and pleased. I would not change anything about the clinic. I do not see any weaknesses as of today...The nurses and doctors were quick and thorough with their responses, which allowed me to not stress about the process...
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
You may not get enough one-on-one time
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Joanna Tudisco)
98% of the nurses were extremely helpful and responsive to my questions and concerns especially after my egg retrieval and embryo transfer. Joanna Tudisco by far was the most accommodating and thoughtful nurse when I emailed her over 5/6 different times concerning my bloating. The team as a whole is one of the best and I would surely recommend them to my friend/family member.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
My overall experience was great and I do not really have any complaints. From the setting to the ambiance to the service to the state of the art equipment, I was really impressed and pleased. I would not change anything about the clinic. I do not see any weaknesses as of today.
No Comment
My costs equated to approximately 5K between doctor visits, actual IVF, medications, and copays
No comment
New Hope Fertility Center

He [Dr. John Zhang] is straight to business. He's also incredibly intelligent. When we had complex issues with how to create a value proposition to my insurance, he was nuanced and sharp enough to help me do that...Trust the process but if something feels off then ask and ask until you get an answer...didn't say we'll use this protocol or that one (and honestly, I didn't ask) other than mini-IVF...I don't care if I'm a number or a human. I now have a baby. All I care (and cared about) were results. They could do a better job treating me like a human - but it didn't bother me.
They [staff at New Hope Fertility Center] told me the genders of the embryos by mistake when I had asked them not to tell me. I consider this a minor clinical error, but a major moral error...Everybody would wait in line based on clinic arrival time [during monitoring]...spacious, accommodating, great hours. Trust the process. Don't worry about seeing a doctor each time - it will take them away from what they are really good at, which is studying the data to determine the best course of action for your cycle.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
My doctor is the best there is, hands down. He is straight to business. He's also incredibly intelligent. When we had complex issues with how to create a value proposition to my insurance, he was nuanced and sharp enough to help me do that.
Zhang didn't say we'll use this protocol or that one (and honestly, I didn't ask) other than mini-IVF.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
They're great but understaffed.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Great - spacious, accommodating, great hours. Trust the process. Don't worry about seeing a doctor each time - it will take them away from what they are really good at, which is studying the data to determine the best course of action for your cycle.
Everybody would wait in line based on clinic arrival time.
~$20k all in
None
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
They told me the genders of the embryos by mistake when I had asked them not to tell me. I consider this a minor clinical error, but a major moral error.
New Hope Fertility Center
Dr. Zhang recommended a hysteroscopy and when it came back positive we found why my three other transfer at another clinic were not taking. After taking antibiotics we proceeded with our transfer ... Unlike my previous doctor, Dr. Zhang treated me as an individual and not like all other women. I liked that very much. ... I’m so glad I went for a second opinion and I’m so glad I joined New Hope!!
When I walked into New Hope I knew this was going to be different for me. I was treated like an individual and not like ALL the other women. ... I’m so glad I went for a second opinion and I’m so glad I joined New Hope!! ... The office is warm and inviting and a true positive space. I don’t have anything negative to say about this facility.... and I’ve recommended New Hope to many people and I will continue to do so!
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
When I walked into New Hope I knew this was going to be different for me. I was treated like an individual and not like ALL the other women. Dr. Zhang recommended a hysteroscopy and when it came back positive we found why my three other transfer at another clinic were not taking. After taking antibiotics we proceeded with our transfer and IT WORKED!!! I have a beautiful healthy and strong daughter and now pregnant with identical twins and I owe it ALL to Dr. Zhang and his amazing team!!!! I’m so glad I went for a second opinion and I’m so glad I joined New Hope!! Thank you for giving me my perfect family!
Trust him and his team!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nurses that I dealt with were very compassionate and kind. And great at their job!!
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
I love how they treat us women as individuals. The office is warm and inviting and a true positive space. I don’t have anything negative to say about this facility.... and I’ve recommended New Hope to many people and I will continue to do so!
To be honest I do not remember
New Hope Fertility Center
single embryo transfer [with Dr. Jennifer Kulp Makarov]...She is very friendly and always shows up with energetic smile. She is so humble and knows her patients...her strength: Shes precise, knowledgeable , very skilled , very friendly, humble, and so passionate about her job. She obviously knows her work and knows what she is doing. She is so quick to give details and handle the patient. She is never hesitant!...she used mini IVF treatment with minimum medications
It [New Hope Fertility Center] is very nice and welcoming clinic. It is so clean and set to have patients feel relaxed and comfortable. I like that they have easy to reach location with a nice view. They are in a very quiet and nice neighborhood...used mini IVF treatment with minimum medications...very organized, friendly and humble [nursing staff]...single embryo transfer [with Dr. Jennifer Kulp Makarov]...She is very friendly and always shows up with energetic smile. She is so humble a
To keep up the good job she is doing!
she used mini IVF treatment with minimum medications
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
very organized, friendly and humble
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
It is very nice and welcoming clinic. It is so clean and set to have patients feel relaxed and comfortable. I like that they have easy to reach location with a nice view. They are in a very quiet and nice neighborhood
it was normal costs
single embryo transfer
Jennifer Kulp Makarov
New Hope Fertility Center

I had positive and negative experiences with the nursing staff. Most communication is via email and it was hard to get an actual nurse on the phone to provide clinical advice....We are grateful to New Hope because it is the one clinic where we got a a healthy Embryo and did a successful transfer. That being said, there was far less interaction with doctors than at other clinics and much more with ultrasound technicians and nurses via email.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Merhi was very hopeful when we met him even though we’d had five failed cycles with two other doctors. We were surprised by his optimism but what won our trust was that he told us what he thought hadn’t worked in previous cycles. He had a completely different philosophy about medications. He felt I’d been given far too much medication and claimed he would not use one very standard medication that I’d been given in 5 other cycles.
He is very trustworthy and truly cares.
Dr. Merhi was extremely warm and attentive with us whenever we saw him.
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr Olcha only performed the egg transfer and follow up post visits. He didn't not give me any meds other than progesterone and estradiol to help pregnancy...always made the time to see me during my visits and ask questions and answer my questions as well. He was the one who called me from the clinic to let me know I was pregnant which was a very nice personal touch to hear it from my doctor. He even called me on a Saturday his day off to check in on me the following week.
[The nurses at New Hope Fertility Center were] Always efficient, returned my calls and made sure to answer my questions...There was an issue with one of my embryos coming back after PGS testing as inconclusive. I had to insist the get the results but Dr Olcha stepped in and helped expedite the result so I could do the egg transfer with existing embryo from prior egg retrieval...My original doctor never took the time to perform my procedures or see me or speak to me after to inform me . I always had to follow up with him on my own. This was considered a weakness from my point of view
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr Olcha is a caring and excellent doctor. He took over my case after I requested to switch to him from another doctor at clinic. From the very beginning of his care, he made me feel comfortable, and confident in his ability to help me get pregnant. He took the time to give me the true one on one care I was hoping for during this treatment, and always made sure to take the time to answer all of my questions and ease my concerns. Even though he was only my doctor for a short period during the egg transfer and beyond, he made me feel like I had been seeing him for years and treated me like a long time friend. He was always easy to talk to and has a good sense of humor and bedside manner. He is exactly the kind of doctor I wanted to have when I decided to do fertility treatments, so much that I wish he could deliver my baby too! I highly recommend Dr Olcha.
Go into your fertility treatment with high hopes and never stop believing that with the right doctor your baby dreams can come true.
Dr ok ha always made the time to see me during my visits and ask questions and answer my questions as well. He was the one who called me from the clinic to let me know I was pregnant which was a very nice personal touch to hear it from my doctor. He even called me on a Saturday his day off to check in on me the following week.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Oksana?)
Always efficient, returned my calls and made sure to answer my questions
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
New Hope is a great fertility clinic. I got a good feeling the very first time I walked in. The facilities are impressive and were always full of patients which made me think they must be doing something right. My original doctor never took the time to perform my procedures or see me or speak to me after to inform me . I always had to follow up with him on my own. This was considered a weakness from my point of view
$15k
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr. Merhi used a mini-IVF protocol where I took clomid and letrozole and then Gonal-F injections for about one week. After that I took medication to prevent ovulation and then a trigger shot before the egg retrieval. For my frozen transfer I took estrogen and then progesterone in oil and progesterone suppositories...listened closely to our concerns from the beginning. After having 4 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVF Cycles at a different clinic, Dr. Merhi recognized my need for mini-IVF since the high doses of medication were potentially harming my eggs. I’m so lucky to have found Dr. Merhi.
Strengths [at New Hope Fertility Center]: Dr. Merhi is warm and caring and has a great sense of humor. He clearly communicated the protocol and reasoning behind it. He listened to my concerns he personally called me to answer my questions in a timely manner...Lise is the nurse in New Hope’s Long Island office. She is caring and compassionate and communicated with me via email and answered all my questions. She is the best!
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Merhi and the staff at New Hope were truly amazing. They explained everything clearly and tailored the protocol to meet my needs. I was more successful with their mini-IVF protocol than with my previous 2 cycles of conventional IVF. I would recommend them to anyone!
If you don’t understand something, call and speak to a nurse. They are very helpful!
Dr. Merhi listened closely to our concerns from the beginning. After having 4 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVF Cycles at a different clinic, Dr. Merhi recognized my need for mini-IVF since the high doses of medication were potentially harming my eggs. I’m so lucky to have found Dr. Merhi.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lise)
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strengths: Dr. Merhi is warm and caring and has a great sense of humor. He clearly communicated the protocol and reasoning behind it. He listened to my concerns he personally called me to answer my questions in a timely manner. I am convinced that I would not be pregnant right now if I did not find Dr. Merhi.
I went to monitoring appointments very early in the morning at both the Manhattan and Long Island offices. Manhattan office is very well run with large monitors telling you where to go for blood work and ultrasound. Manhattan office is much larger than Long Island but often more crowded.
My insurance covered a lot of it but I paid out of pocket for the ozone sauna therapy and the PRP procedure. I also had to pay about $2,000 for the egg retrieval and another $2,000 For transfer.
New Hope Fertility Center

Extremely thankful to have found Dr. Zhang. He is a pioneer and truly cares for his patients and does not look down on people. Truly wonderful experience. I wish I went sooner. I was hesitant to visit a doctor in the city because of the snobby attitudes, but was completely surprised by [him]...He was delicate in his words and was optimistic and honest
[New Hope monitoring appointments are] Very efficient and well run. I didn't have to do much, just show up. The phlebotomist knew exactly what test to run the blood for and the whole appointment was very quick...The waiting area is very comforting. They used a very smart system where by you see your name on a screen and it directs you where to go. I have never seen this at a doctor's before, and it's absolutely brilliant. It's much nicer than hearing nurses scream every second, not to mention more efficient. The whole facility is very organized and clean.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Extremely thankful to have found Dr. Zhang. He is a pioneer and truly cares for his patients and does not look down on people. Truly wonderful experience. I wish I went sooner. I was hesitant to visit a doctor in the city because of the snobby attitudes, but was completely surprised by Dr. Zhang.
Don't wait, fertility is fragile.
Very kind and helpful. He was delicate in his words and was optimistic and honest. He was not pretentious or acted as if he was better or smarter than me. Excellent physician and human.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Very helpful, kind, gentle, and understanding.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The whole center is made with the idea to have patients feel calm and relaxed. As you enter, you see relaxing plants everywhere, relaxing music, and light colored walls. The waiting area is very comforting. They used a very smart system where by you see your name on a screen and it directs you where to go. I have never seen this at a doctor's before, and it's absolutely brilliant. It's much nicer than hearing nurses scream every second, not to mention more efficient. The whole facility is very organized and clean. The whole flow of the clinic works perfectly well. You don't have to wait long to be called. The phlebotomist are so gentle and they don't treat you different or negatively if you are afraid of needles. I felt pretty much no judgment, just kindness throughout the employees. This was very strange as I expected it to be filled with rough employees with attitude since it is nyc. But I was very pleasantly surprised. The staff is really well trained and respectful. I cannot think of any weaknesses.
3-4k for egg freezing

4 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
He [Dr. John Zhang] clearly told me and my husband what he can do or cannot do. He is very straightforward. He doesn't just say things to make you his patient.I would say although the procedure itself is painful and lengthy, you will spend the least time in Dr. Zhang's clinic compare with the others...I highly recommend... told us clearly that we will have higher possibility to succeed to transfer more embryos at one time however we may also end up with twins. We said we absolutely don't want twins so we choose to do single embryo transfer.
[The nurses at New Hope Fertility Center are] professional and friendly...clinic is running in a very efficient way. Professional and fast...I would say although the procedure itself is painful and lengthy no matter where you go, for the same thing, you will spend the least time in Dr. Zhang's clinic compare with the others. They are professional and have a efficient way to run their clinic as well. I highly recommend.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Zhang's clinic is running in a very efficient way. Professional and fast. He clearly told me and my husband what he can do or cannot do. He is very straightforward. He doesn't just say things to make you his patient. I have tried the other "famous doctor" before I went to him. I would say although the procedure itself is painful and lengthy, you will spend the least time in Dr. Zhang's clinic compare with the others. They are professional and have a efficient way to run their clinic as well. I highly recommend.
professional and friendly
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Dr. Zhang's clinic is running in a very efficient way. Professional and fast. I have tried the other "famous doctor" before I went to him. I would say although the procedure itself is painful and lengthy no matter where you go, for the same thing, you will spend the least time in Dr. Zhang's clinic compare with the others. They are professional and have a efficient way to run their clinic as well. I highly recommend.
It has been over 2 years. I don't recall the cost. Our insurance covered most of it. We might have paid 6-7K out of our own pocket.
They told us clearly that we will have higher possibility to succeed to transfer more embryos at one time however we may also end up with twins. We said we absolutely don't want twins so we choose to do single embryo transfer.
New Hope Fertility Center
[Dr. Zaher Merhi is] Honest, compassionate and very knowledgeable about his expertise. I never would have believed him if he told me I will get you pregnant but he did and was extremely gentle with the whole procedure. He’s wonderful at his job...I was in lutueal phase cycle when my eggs were retrieved because my first attempt was not successful. During the luteual phase cycle two eggs were retrieved and one genetically tested embryo day 6 blastocyst...I was not informed of some procedures but the doctor said he would take care of it for me.
All the nurses who [at New Hope Fertility Center] were very understanding and compassionate...I was not informed of some procedures but the doctor said he would take care of it for me...They have very updated resources than conventional...The only negative thing I can say is the employees having clear communication between all parties patients and within their environment...I was in lutueal phase cycle when my eggs were retrieved because my first attempt was not successful. During the luteual phase cycle two eggs were retrieved and one genetically tested embryo day 6 blastocyst was transferred on January 20, I’m 7 weeks pregnant and extremely grateful with outcome.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Have faith in your doctor and follow what he tells you and trust the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Samantha Brown)
All the nurses who work were very understanding and compassionate
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Use new Hope fertility clinic their approach and their protocol I feel it makes alot more sense as far as the alternative choices that you have. I’m very pleased with my options. They have very updated resources than conventional
No we did not have elective single embryo. My request was implant the healthiest embryo for implantation

2022, Successful
Dr. Zeitoun is very knowledgeable in his profession. He was very comforting and caring when it came to guiding me through this process. He reassured me when I found out that I may have OHSS after completing the cycle. Dr. Zeitoun prepared me on what signs to look out for and what steps to take after completing the Egg Retrieval...answered all my questions in depth and helped/comforted me every step of the way...
The clinic [New Hope Fertility Center] is well run and gorgeous facility. Patient rooms and the OR are all well maintained and very inviting. Sonographers and Medical Assistants are always ready to help and answer all of my questions...Dr. Zeitoun has a wonderful attitude and way with patients. He is kind and definitely has the patient's best interest at heart...answered all my questions in depth and helped/comforted me every step of the way...
How was your experience with Khaled Zeitoun at New Hope Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Khaled Zeitoun at New Hope Fertility Center?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Khaled Zeitoun at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr Zeitoun answered all my questions in depth and helped/comforted me every step of the way.
Describe the protocols Khaled Zeitoun used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I preped the Egg Freezing cycle with OCPs. When I was ready for stimulation I was given clomid, FSH and letrozol. I used orilissa tablets and a double trigger with Lupron.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is well run and gorgeous facility. Patient rooms and the OR are all well maintained and very inviting. Sonographers and Medical Assistants are always ready to help and answer all of my questions.
Khaled Zeitoun

2017 - 2020, Successful
Both my pregnancy were singleton single embryo transfer [with Dr. Zitao Liu]...He is very knowledgeable and understand every person different based on their situation...Very patient and when doing Egg retrieval he focus on retrieving max numbers. Also when transferring the embryos he is very delicate and ensures its placed in best position to implant...Natural cycle before transferring the embryo. Then taking Estrance and progesterone before the tranfer
It [monitoring hours at New Hope Fertility Center] was very convenient and their schedule works very well with working patients...Both my pregnancy were singleton single embryo transfer...Very organize. Will not change nothing. Continue doing what you do every day to make miracle happen. Taking blood and doing sonogram is super fast. Their system really works and has helped me achieved my 2nd pregnancy...Natural cycle before transferring the embryo. Then taking Estrance and progesterone before the tranfer
How was your experience with Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center?
He is one of the best doctor New Hope has. Very patient and when doing Egg retrieval he focus on retrieving max numbers. Also when transferring the embryos he is very delicate and ensures its placed in best position to implant
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center?
He will make it happen. Have hope in his regimen they really work
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Zitao Liu used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Friendly
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
It was very convenient and their schedule works very well with working patients
Describe the costs associated with your care under Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center.
Approx 10k
Describe Zitao Liu's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
Both my pregnancy were singleton single embryo transfer
Zitao Liu