4.3

6.3

4 Columbus Circle

2 Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
Embryo Freezing With Other Docs (cancer)
Dr. Zhang is very experienced with mini IVF using oral medications mostly and/or low dose injectables and IVF for women over 40. Due to my cancer diagnosis, we did a mini IVF. I was able to use Clomid, letrozole (twice), Orilissa, and Lupron as prescribed. I was able to purchase the Orilissa and Lupron at the clinic for $120 my insurance was charging me so much more...He managed my expectations by explaining the process, how it takes time, their philosophy and approach to using minimal drugs, and their team would work with us to accomplish our goal...
NHFC is not like a traditional doctor's office they work as a collective. I was assigned one coordinator and communicated well with the other nurses about my results and next steps. If you are expecting to see your doctor at every visit this is not that clinic. Please note, that the clinic is open Mon-Sun from 6:45 am to 12 pm and one evening for monitoring...If I had questions I could leave them a message via email or phone and they would respond within 2 hours...
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
My experience with Dr. Zhang has been pleasant and professional. Dr. Zhang is candid and with a little humor to make me comfortable. Unlike other doctors/ clinics NHFC provides a team approach to fertility care. He explained I had advanced low egg reserve due to my age, but that would not be a barrier. I remember him stating that all we needed was one good egg. He managed my expectations by explaining the process, how it takes time, their philosophy and approach to using minimal drugs, and their team would work with us to accomplish our goal.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Zhang is the Director of NHFC and is extremely busy and only has time for first-patient appointments. Most of your contact will be with Zhang's support team of coordinators and nurses, who are responsive. If you are looking for a traditional model, daily contact with your doctor has not been my experience at NHFC.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
The clinic is warm and inviting as well as the staff. Dr. Zhang is pleasant and professional.
Describe the protocols John Zhang used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Esha)
It is my experience the entire nursing and coordinator team were very compassionate and kind. They communicated with me in a timely manner about my results and next steps. If I had questions I could leave them a message via email or phone and they would respond within 2 hours.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The NHFC is a warm and inviting space with a calming fish tank, hand sanitizing stations, water fountain, and breath mints. I also like the cleanliness of the space especially the bathrooms with the toilet seat barrier paper and electrical bidet. Upon arrival, you check-in and asked to take a seat. There are 3 65-in monitors throughout the waiting area for you to watch for name and destination (blood chair, sonogram, billing, or nurse). I recommend sitting by the door where you will be called. Overall the entire process is about 10-15 minutes. it is efficient and smooth. If you would like to speak to a nurse you can request a meeting at the front desk and/or after your sonogram session. In my opinion, NHFC is not like a traditional doctor's office they work as a collective. I was assigned one coordinator and communicated well with the other nurses about my results and next steps. If you are expecting to see your doctor at every visit this is not that clinic. Please note, that the clinic is open Mon-Sun from 6:45 am to 12 pm and one evening for monitoring. Depending on your cycle and follicle development you could be called in often. Out of the 7 open days on average, I went in 4-5 times during the week. During my egg retrievals, the team was warm, transparent, and professional. In one session I was given an oral sedative to relax the doctor that performed the retrieval talked to me throughout to keep me calm. During my second retrieval, I was sedated the team explained the procedure and I was knocked out. After each retrieval, you are given some time to rest to gather yourself and/or to let the anesthesia wear off. You are given an electrical heated pad for your abdomen and juice and biscoff cookies (my favorite).
As discussed in a previous question, please note, that the clinic is open Mon-Sun from 6:45 am to 12 pm and one evening for monitoring. Depending on your cycle and follicle development you could be called in often. Out of the 7 open days on average, I went in 4-5 times during the week.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center.
Fertility preservation is an expensive process! If not for my cancer diagnosis I would not be able to afford the 3 IVF cycles. I have heard in comparison to other clinics NHFC may be more reasonable for out-of-pocket. Here is an example of what I recall of some of their pricing sperm storage for $400 year, embryo and egg freezing for 10 or more $1700, less than 10 $1200, embryo biopsy is $750 per egg, monitoring $800 for the month or $200 a session, ISCI range from 5 eggs $700 to 20 eggs $2000, sperm wash $200, sperm freezing $400, sedation $650, lastly, you are given 6 months complimentary storage, then you will be charged $1200 for the year. The billing team communicates best via email for question.
Describe John Zhang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
Dr. Zhang recommended I freeze my embryos instead of my eggs due to my age and egg quality. I will be a solo- mommy and I'm currently reviewing donor candidates to create an embryo. This has been an extensive and thoughtful process for the physical, mental, and social-emotional well-being of my child. Once I purchase the donor sperm and have it delivered to NHFC I will be able to fertilize future eggs.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Zhang is amazing and I feel confident in his recommendations and care...if you are proactive about your care and seeking Dr. Zhang’s advice he is always available to speak. Every time I go for a monitoring appointment, he is right there in the midst of things, working with the nurses - very hands on. He will oftentimes pop in to chat before or after my ultrasound and/or is readily available if I ask to briefly speak with him...
The nurses and finance department [at New Hope Fertility Center] are also readily available for consultation - dealing with the finance side of things was so much easier than at my previous clinic. No waiting on the phone, leaving messages for multiple people with no response, etc. I also really like the post-op area of the clinic...Very efficient, kind, helpful and hardworking...
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Zhang is amazing and I feel confident in his recommendations and care. A friend had suggested I go to him since two of her friends had had success with him, one of which was what she said was a “difficult” case. Later, after I started treatment with Dr. Zhang, one of my own acquaintances said she had seen him and he had retrieved an egg from her when no other doctors had (she has an autoimmune disease). Being older with DOR, I am so happy I chose to leave my previous doctor and clinic for Dr. Zhang. Don’t be dissuaded by some of the negative reviews online, he is a true gem. If there is one thing I have learned during this journey, it is that no one is going to hold your hand during the IVF process… but if you are proactive about your care and seeking Dr. Zhang’s advice he is always available to speak. Every time I go for a monitoring appointment, he is right there in the midst of things, working with the nurses - very hands on. He will oftentimes pop in to chat before or after my ultrasound and/or is readily available if I ask to briefly speak with him.
Be proactive in seeking out his time, it takes two! Before I started seeing him, I read reviews that said he was not always present, etc. However, my impression is the complete opposite. He is always (literally) present at the clinic when I go, guiding the staff in the ultrasound area and looking at patient files. He will oftentimes pop in before or after my ultrasound to speak briefly, updating me about my cycle and answering any questions. If he does not seek me out, I ask one of the girls if I can speak to him and he makes himself available. If you go on the earlier side for monitoring (7-9am) he is always there and able to chat.
Everyone at the clinic is very nice, from the front desk and finance departments to the nurses/ultrasound staff and doctors.
Dr. Zhang specialities in mini IVF and believes in quality or quantity. I came from a clinic (Weill Cornell) that prescribed me a high stims, cookie-cutter protocol that resulted in 5 eggs retrieved but only 1 embryo (unsuccessful Day 3 fresh transfer). My first cycle with Dr. Zhang, I took Clomid and a fraction of the Gonal-F I had taken before (overall just a very trimmed down protocol) and it yielded 2 eggs retrieved. Of those 2 eggs both yielded Day 5 embryos!! Since then, I have had most of my embryos make it to blast and have gotten 2 PGT-tested normals. Dr. Zhang is willing to change protocol and try new things and I really like that about him - he is always very enthusiastic and straightforward and seems truly invested in my treatment and getting the highest quality outcome. This whole process is so much trial and error and Dr. Zhang goes above and beyond to find what works best for your unique condition.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Very efficient, kind, helpful and hardworking. Protocol is sent by the nursing staff on behalf of the doctor, via email. On one occasion I was not emailed my protocol and had to follow up, and on another they sent the incorrect protocol but I raised the questions and the problem was resolved. (Answering service got my messages to the nurses and they called me shortly thereafter.) Two slip-ups over the course of 4 cycles isn’t awful I suppose, considering the high volume of patients and emails they deal with on a daily basis.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
New Hope Fertility is a well-oiled machine with high patient volume, which is par for the course for any clinic in NYC! What sets New Hope apart from others is the overall vibe. Weill Cornell, my previous clinic, felt very sterile and impersonal from the waiting room to the monitoring appointment format. I felt like a number and was made to feel like my chances were slim due to my advanced maternal age. At New Hope, they take great care in the details - relaxing music playing, personable modern waiting area with TV monitors letting you know when they are ready for you, etc. The nurses and finance department are also readily available for consultation - dealing with the finance side of things was so much easier than at my previous clinic. No waiting on the phone, leaving messages for multiple people with no response, etc. I also really like the post-op area of the clinic. I had an awful experience at NY Presbyterian Hospital where Weill Cornell operates out of… New Hope feels like a spa by comparison! Cushy reclining chairs, soft blanket, heating pad and calming music. Just makes the whole experience much less intense. My only advice to anyone going to New Hope is that, like with all larger clinics, you need to be proactive about your care and seeking out the many resources available to you.
Very efficient and quick monitoring appointments! After you check in, there are TV screens all around the clinic that let you know when it’s your turn and where to go. I’m usually out within 30-45 minutes.
2021 - 2022, Successful
I felt really comfortable with Dr. Liu's capabilities in directing my cycles and making changes as we progressed. He is updated on all the latest technology and gave me information in an upfront yet gentle way. I also really appreciated how positive he was...I had a very light medication protocol, which ended up producing about the same number of eggs as I previously produced using a ton of meds (at another clinic). The most amount of eggs that I produced was 6...
New Hope was very organized from everything to going there for appointments- you check in, wait to see your name on the screen for blood work, ultrasound, billing. I never had to wait very long although I am an out of town patient so I did not go there for monitoring. I thought communication was great with the nurses. Keep in mind going in that you are not going to have the most personable experience but you are going to NH for their expertise and "non cookie cutter approach"...
How was your experience with Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center?
This process is difficult, emotional and exhausting. But, I think its important to trust your doctor so I would say, trust Dr. Liu, with the understanding that he knows what he is doing.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center?
New Hope is a very organized clinic. Information was mostly conveyed via email. But, for important issues, I would always get a phone call from Dr. Liu.
Describe the protocols Zitao Liu used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We started by using just clomid but that did not work well. So, Dr. Liu added in some gonal. I had a very light medication protocol, which ended up producing about the same number of eggs as I previously produced using a ton of meds (at another clinic). The most amount of eggs that I produced was 6. My other cycles only produced 1-3 eggs.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
I had a few different nurses for each cycle. But, I always received an email with detailed instructions or a response to my questions within an hour or so of my question.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
In my experience, New Hope was very organized from everything to going there for appointments- you check in, wait to see your name on the screen for blood work, ultrasound, billing. I never had to wait very long although I am an out of town patient so I did not go there for monitoring. I thought communication was great with the nurses. Keep in mind going in that you are not going to have the most personable experience but you are going to NH for their expertise and "non cookie cutter approach".
I did not have monitoring at NH since I am an out of town patient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center.
My insurance covered after my deductible.
Describe Zitao Liu's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
I only had 1 embryo to transfer so we did a single embryo transfer.
Zitao Liu
2022, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Zhang] was fast but explained assessed and guided me. He told me what he thought and what I should do and was prompt said he would call.me the next day but a nurse called. I would have rather spoke to the doctor myself...Write down your questions, make sure u understand before leaving and ask him to call u personally...2 diffrent meds he would put me on to try, than told me about two meds intercourse suggested i do.it for.2.months than try iui...
A weakness [at New Hope Fertility Center] was waiting over an hour to talk to the doctor and new patients not knowing what to.do when u first walk in there it can be a bit intimidating. Everything else was great, everything was done step by step blood work sonogram than the doctor...the lady who drew my blood didnt hurt me at all...Some costs are.good.somw.costs are lumped together and are.more than what u would expect...
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
He was fast but explained assessed and guided me. He told me what he thought and what I should do and was prompt said he would call.me the next day but a nurse called. I would have rather spoke to the doctor myself.but if i had a choice i would see him everytime he seems very smart.
He addressed my personal questions and a plan for what i want
I did blood work first, than sonogram, than went to his office he asked me when i wanted to get pregnant and talked about my pcos he showed me my sonogram and a lot of.fibriods that i have. Askrd me questions about my period and told me about 2 diffrent meds he would put me on to try, than told me about two meds intercourse suggested i do.it for.2.months than try iui.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Very good the lady who drew my blood didnt hurt me at all
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
A weakness was waiting over an hour to talk to the doctor and new patients not knowing what to.do when u first walk in there it can be a bit intimidating. Everything else was great, everything was done step by step blood work sonogram than the doctor
Some costs are.good.somw.costs are lumped together and are.more than what u would expect.for example.the hsg test is 580 but than saline solution goes with that test for.350 and thata not clear unless u talknto a financial person
We didnt talk about that cause my focus isnt ivf i cant afford that.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Makarov was really knowledgeable about everything related to my care. Visits were sometimes in and out, but that's just what happens at a fertility clinic when you're there all the time! Anytime I asked something, she was happy to take time to explain or go over the possibilities. I always trusted her decision making...Don't expect that she's going to offer all of the information at the outset -- come with questions if you want specific answers!
All of the nurses on the [New Hope Fertility Center] floor were incredibly kind and were truly rooting me on along the way. I couldn't have asked for a better team...Even though there are different people responding, I still felt like they were paying specific attention to my needs, particularly when it came to lowering the amount of medication I needed.
How was your experience with Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center?
I thought Dr. Makarov was really knowledgeable about everything related to my care. Visits were sometimes in and out, but that's just what happens at a fertility clinic when you're there all the time! Anytime I asked something, she was happy to take time to explain or go over the possibilities. I always trusted her decision making.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center?
The whole team was really kind and generous with me.
Describe the protocols Jennifer Kulp Makarov used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We did three rounds of IUI just because my insurance required it before moving to IVF. Once we decided to move to IVF, we did an egg retrieval but then waited a month for my ovaries to heal because I had so many eggs. The next month, we did the implantation and now we are nearing the end of our first trimester.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Temima)
Everyone on the nursing staff was wonderful. I worked mostly with Temima as my RN and she made sure to do a personal follow up with me when I had some complications following my egg retrieval. All of the nurses on the floor were incredibly kind and were truly rooting me on along the way. I couldn't have asked for a better team.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
I've seen some reviews that were upset because they didn't get personalized attention at every step from specific people in the office, and it's true that a rotating group of people will respond to you and be with you during monitoring. But this is a large clinic in the middle of New York City, so I'm not sure why they would expect that! Even though there are different people responding, I still felt like they were paying specific attention to my needs, particularly when it came to lowering the amount of medication I needed.
I went right around 7am when they opened. I scheduled to be there for about 45 minutes each time. Only once did I go over that time, and that was at the height of Omicron so I think they had staffing issues that were out of their control. Usually I was there about 30 minutes.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center.
My care was mostly covered by insurance but I had co-pays.
Describe Jennifer Kulp Makarov's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
They preferred single embryo transfer for health reasons, but it seemed like if I had really pushed for multiple, they would have been open to it.
2021 - 2022, Successful
She [Dr. Jennifer Kulp Makarov] is not a chatty person. But when I ask my questions, she answered everything. So you want to think what to ask before you go to appointments...She was really trying make me pregnant on first try with her. She is not like super warm type of doctor. More like realistic and tell you what you need but also consults what patient’s want. If we decided to have another one, I’ll definitely come back to her!
This [New Hope Fertility Center] very busy clinic. So you need to top of this and ask your questions about your treatments and bills as well. Sometimes, they charge something that I already paid. You definitely think that you are just a number at one point. But as long as you ask your questions and ask them what I should do in my end. It’s fine. Overall, this clinic is cheaper than other clinic in NYC.
She is not a chatty person. But when I ask my questions, she answered everything. So you want to think what to ask before you go to appointments. When I ended up chemical pregnancy on first FET with Different doctor in same clinic, I switched doctor to Dr. Makarov. She did a procedure and detected my inflammation in uterus. So she told me to get antibiotics and skip a cycle. My inflammation didn’t go away completely in next cycle. She suggested me to wait one more cycle. I was most frustrated 2 months for me. But she found the cause and told me to wait. So she is not a doctor who trying to make money from patients. She was really trying make me pregnant on first try with her. She is not like super warm type of doctor. More like realistic and tell you what you need but also consults what patient’s want. If we decided to have another one, I’ll definitely come back to her!
List your questions before your appointment. She doesn’t have a lot of time to each patients.
There is so many patients there. So she doesn’t have a lot of time for you. But if you list your questions prior to appointment, you can ask and get answers.
I already had PGT-tested frozen eggs from first egg retrieval with different doctor in same clinic. When I did first FET, I didn’t use ovidrel for ovulation. With her, I used ovidrel, progesterone and estradiol. And my thyroid level was low. So she told me to use Levothyroxine. Then I got pregnant! With first doctor, he didn’t mention about my thyroid level.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
After appointments with doctor or NP, if you have questions, you deal with nurses. Because they are busy big clinic, they have work shifts. So when you send questions, sometimes you don’t get answers. Because this nurse is went home or off that day. But if you send questions to other nurses, you will eventually get answers. It’s sometimes frustrating. But also I understand that they are busy.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
This very busy clinic. So you need to top of this and ask your questions about your treatments and bills as well. Sometimes, they charge something that I already paid. You definitely think that you are just a number at one point. But as long as you ask your questions and ask them what I should do in my end. It’s fine. Overall, this clinic is cheaper than other clinic in NYC.
FET was about $4000 with transfer and something else.
I asked her if I should transfer two, she told me because my embryos was PGT-tested normal. She suggested not to do.

Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
Dr.Makarov is very compassionate and has great bedside manners. She discussed any risk and what I can expect. Dr.Makarov always kept me well informed...We used letrozole for about a week, monitored my dominant follicle, and then I ended up ovulating on my own. Then, we planned my embryo transfer...Dr.Makarov prefers for patients to proceed with a single embryo transfer especially at a young age due to high risk of multiples with a DET and a high risk pregnancy in general...
The nurses [at New Hope Fertility Center] kept me informed and sent out instructions through email. Sometimes the emails were sent late or I was forgotten about. But, most times I received my instructions...Before, you were able to come in at any time for an appointment and now you have to wait for instructions with the day to come in. The wait time can vary between 30 minutes to 2 hours when it is extremely busy...
Dr.Makarov is very compassionate and has great bedside manners. She discussed any risk and what I can expect. Dr.Makarov always kept me well informed. Her team on the 3rd floor were great throughout my treatment .
Dr.Makarov wears many hats and she may not always be available to see you during a visit, but makes sure to follow up with you herself or someone on her team will reach out.
I never felt forced into treatment or treated like a number. I was present with great care and respect.
I previously underwent IVF treatment and has frozen embryos in storage. She managed my care for a frozen embryo transfer. We used letrozole for about a week, monitored my dominant follicle, and then I ended up ovulating on my own. Then, we planned my embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nurses kept me informed and sent out instructions through email. Sometimes the emails were sent late or I was forgotten about. But, most times I received my instructions.

2022, Successful
Dr. Zeitoun is very knowledgeable in his profession. He was very comforting and caring when it came to guiding me through this process. He reassured me when I found out that I may have OHSS after completing the cycle. Dr. Zeitoun prepared me on what signs to look out for and what steps to take after completing the Egg Retrieval...answered all my questions in depth and helped/comforted me every step of the way...
The clinic [New Hope Fertility Center] is well run and gorgeous facility. Patient rooms and the OR are all well maintained and very inviting. Sonographers and Medical Assistants are always ready to help and answer all of my questions...Dr. Zeitoun has a wonderful attitude and way with patients. He is kind and definitely has the patient's best interest at heart...answered all my questions in depth and helped/comforted me every step of the way...
How was your experience with Khaled Zeitoun at New Hope Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Khaled Zeitoun at New Hope Fertility Center?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Khaled Zeitoun at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr Zeitoun answered all my questions in depth and helped/comforted me every step of the way.
Describe the protocols Khaled Zeitoun used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I preped the Egg Freezing cycle with OCPs. When I was ready for stimulation I was given clomid, FSH and letrozol. I used orilissa tablets and a double trigger with Lupron.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is well run and gorgeous facility. Patient rooms and the OR are all well maintained and very inviting. Sonographers and Medical Assistants are always ready to help and answer all of my questions.
Khaled Zeitoun

2021, Successful
Dr. Makarov provides completely customized care for each patient. After each appointment, she reviews your ultrasound and bloodwork, and follows up with specific next steps over email based on the results. Communication was very clear, prompt, and I always felt like I had a game plan specific to my case...believe in a more natural approach to IVF... implemented a natural transfer protocol, syncing the timing with my existing cycle...
New Hope has open monitoring hours so you just show up anytime during the 7am-noon window of time and get seen by the doctor/PA/nurse in the order you arrive. They're extremely efficient with getting you in and out...[nurses were] Extremely caring, kind and knowledgeable. They were also phenomenal communicators. It was always easy to get responses in the portal or over the phone....
I was referred to Dr. Makarov by a friend after 2 failed egg retrievals at another clinic due to producing zero blastocysts. My old doctor told us our infertility was due to poor egg quality (I'm 33 for reference) and we should start thinking about donor eggs. In our first consult with Dr. Makarov, she assured me there was nothing wrong with my eggs and that I was simply overstimulated with way too many injectable medications. She thought I was a perfect candidate for mini-IVF, a lower stimulation protocol with more oral medications. We would get fewer eggs, but they would be higher quality and ultimately result in more blastocysts . In that one conversation, Dr. Makarov revived our hope and we felt 100% confident in putting her in charge of our care. Our mini-IVF cycle was as successful as she predicted, we produced 3 blastocysts (with my own eggs!) and all 3 ended up being PGS normal. We transferred our first embryo in September and just gave birth to my son in May. I truly can't recommend Dr. Makarov enough, she's incredibly smart and knowledgeable. Where my old doctor made me feel like a lost cause, Dr. Makarov made me feel optimistic and excited about the process again (which is really hard after 2+ years of infertility, 1 miscarriage, 3 IUIs, and 2x failed egg retrievals).
Put your trust in Dr. Makarov and her team. Their approach may seem a little different (i.e. mini-IVF is a little unusual if you've done IVF elsewhere) but trust that they know what they're doing and are customizing your care for a reason, above all they want you to be successful. The only thing that took some getting used to at New Hope is that you won't see Dr. Makarov at every visit, sometimes you'll meet with her PA who is fantastic as well as the nurses. Even if Dr. Makarov isn't meeting with you, she's always reviewing your bloodwork and ultrasound to recommend next steps.
Even though New Hope is a large clinic, Dr. Makarov provides completely customized care for each patient. After each appointment, she reviews your ultrasound and bloodwork, and follows up with specific next steps over email based on the results. Communication was very clear, prompt, and I always felt like I had a game plan specific to my case.
Dr Makarov and New Hope in general believe in a more natural approach to IVF. That means leveraging your body's natural hormones and supplementing with less stimulation, more oral medication (clomid, letrozole) and less injectables (we only used gonal-f and cetrotide) at 1/3 of the doses we had used with traditional IVF at our old clinic. And when we were ready to transfer, Dr Makarov implemented a natural transfer protocol, syncing the timing with my existing cycle. Ultimately, this approach with less medication and lower dose hormones made all the difference.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strengths: - New Hope has open monitoring hours so you just show up anytime during the 7am-noon window of time and get seen by the doctor/PA/nurse in the order you arrive. They're extremely efficient with getting you in and out. This made it easy to fit my schedule and go to the office before work plus less stressful if you hit traffic on the way to the clinic. - customized protocols - Really great communication through the portal - Very thorough - Innovative. New Hope is on the cutting edge of new reproductive technology Weaknesses - All of the doctors do the procedures so its not guaranteed that your primary RE will do your egg retrieval, transfer, etc. - You won't always see a doctor during monitoring
An efficient, well-oiled machine. Bloodwork was done right outside of the ultrasound rooms so they did a great job of getting everyone in and out.
New Hope was very transparent about the costs. They provide a piece of paper that outlines costs if you were to self-play for each individual procedure they offer. Since New Hope does everything in-house, I felt like their costs were less expensive compared to my first clinic where all procedures had to happen at a nearby hospital.
Since my embryos were genetically tested, highly rated and I'm under 35, Dr Makarov felt strongly about only transferring one embryo. However I know other patients that transferred 2x if they were older and their embryos were untested. It seems that the decision is made on a case by case basis.
What specific things went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
I had one situation where I was emailed inaccurate changes to my medication protocol. However I called the clinic to question it and it was quickly resolved before I implemented the changes. The nurse was extremely apologetic and nothing like that ever happened again.
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr. Zhang was always very honest and candid in our conversations and always added some humor into our conversations which I appreciated...I liked the conservative approach that he took and always made sure I felt comfortable with the protocol before proceeding...appreciated that he canceled one transfer cycle when he didn’t think that it would be successful instead of just going for it. But he also gave me the option to continue if I wanted.
They [New Hope Fertility Center] are very organized and the office runs efficiently from check in to when you’re called back. They have a screen that lets you know where you should be when which I preferred over people yelling into a lobby. The people at the front desk always greeted everyone warmly and I always felt welcome...Most communication happens through the nurses via email but they are always available to talk on the phone if you would prefer...
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
It is very obvious that Dr. Zhang is extremely knowledgeable and competent as a doctor. I very much appreciated his candor and the humor he infused in our conversations. He always took the time to explain everything to me and made sure I understood everything before moving on. I appreciated that he canceled one transfer cycle when he didn’t think that it would be successful instead of just going for it. But he also gave me the option to continue if I wanted.
Don’t be surprised by his direct nature.
Dr. Zhang was always very honest and candid in our conversations and always added some humor into our conversations which I appreciated. He always made me feel comfortable and answered all of my questions and concerns. I liked the conservative approach that he took and always made sure I felt comfortable with the protocol before proceeding.
I came to Dr. Zhang as my second doctor so I went immediately into another egg retrieval. He decided to do mini IVF with me. I had previously done traditional IVF protocol at my previous doctor and did not respond very well to that and had OHSS. He believed that mini IVF would have less side effects for me with the same results and possibly better egg quality.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Most communication happens through the nurses via email but they are always available to talk on the phone if you would prefer but I preferred email. The nurses who completed the ultrasounds always read my chart before completing the ultrasound and knew exactly where I was in my cycle. Everyone always treated me with great kindness.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
They are very organized and the office runs efficiently from check in to when you’re called back. They have a screen that lets you know where you should be when which I preferred over people yelling into a lobby. The people at the front desk always greeted everyone warmly and I always felt welcome.
Monitoring was very easy to schedule. They give you a window and you can show up anytime during that window. You check in at the front desk then wait for your name to appear on the screen. You get your blood work first and then go back for an ultrasound after you complete bloodwork. I always went first thing in the morning before work and was never there for more than 20 minutes.
I do not remember the exact breakdown of cost for my treatments as insurance covered the majority of my treatment except the egg retrieval and that was around $3,000.
I was recommended to do single embryo transfer because of the number of embryos I had and because of my age. I was not given information about doing a multiple embryo transfer.
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr Merhi ALWAYS has treated me as a human, Remembered details about me and has been completely on top of my care at all times, even when he is not physically in the office...He has been thorough, showed me kindness and I can tell he genuinely wants us to have our baby...I would not consider myself an easy patient as I like to understand everything that is going on, ask many questions and the process can be very difficult for me He has never once made me feel rushed or like a number. He is thorough, kind, empathetic, charismatic and most importantly extremely good at dictating and adjusting the protocols needed for you to have your baby.
I have not one bad word to say about New Hope and I have (unfortunately) been a patient for a long time. as I am doing mostly natural cycle, which can take time. They are busy, clean, well located and run like a well oiled machine. Some people could feel overwhelmed at such a busy clinic but I do not at all. I am familiar with many of the staff now and it is a pleasant experience going there. Excellent daily monitoring hours.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
I have unfortunately had a long experience with some set backs trying to conceive. Dr Merhi has cared for me since day one and I struggle to imagine a better doctor. He has been thorough, showed me kindness and I can tell he genuinely wants us to have our baby. No matter how long it takes I would never want anyone else to be in charge of my care. I would not consider myself an easy patient as I like to understand everything that is going on, ask many questions and the process can be very difficult for me He has never once made me feel rushed or like a number. He is thorough, kind, empathetic, charismatic and most importantly extremely good at dictating and adjusting the protocols needed for you to have your baby.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Book in with him as soon as you can. You will not regret it. Expect that at New Hope the doctors often work as a team effort so know that even if it doesn't seem that you see him often, he is still always reviewing your results and making decisions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Zaher Merhi used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Many natural cycles (usually producing one eggs) Few mini ivf cycles )usually producing one-three eggs)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
New Hops nurses are a wonderful group of women. They are thorough and attentive and always pleasant to deal with. Sometimes it can be a challenge getting a response from them but you can always call and speak to someone or send another email and that always does the trick. They are a very busy clinic some days.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center.
I have no fertility insurance coverage so everything for me is self paying. Monitoring unlimited $800 Egg Retrieval $1250
Describe Zaher Merhi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
SET only for tested blasts Willing to be flexible for 3 day untested embryos
Zaher Merhi

2020, Consult
He [Dr. Merhi] is a strong proponent of PGT testing embryos and because of that recommends single embryo transfer...I had been through a lot of cycles and he listened to each step I had been through and asked questions along the way. He validated what I was already thinking - that low does was the path forward. He also encouraged me that there were quite a few other options before donor eggs needs to be discussed which has been a change from other clinics I spoke to.
Strengths [of New Hope Fertility Center] would be their technology. Their lab is top notch which is important to me. The weakness would be that they seem to push birth control as a way to prime which I don't think works for everyone. Although they are open to trying something else if you request it so its important to be knowledgeable going in...
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
By the time I met with Dr Mehi I had consulted with a lot of clinics and was set on moving forward only with low dose IVF. I had been through a lot of cycles and he listened to each step I had been through and asked questions along the way. He validated what I was already thinking - that low does was the path forward. He also encouraged me that there were quite a few other options before donor eggs needs to be discussed which has been a change from other clinics I spoke to. But at the same time he was realistic and let me know that I would likely need more than one cycle and why that was case which was appreciated.
Be open to both positive and not so positive info since I think he is realistic. He wants to help and will spell out how he can do that but he also wants to provide you with the facts.
Dr Merhi was very personable and friendly. I didn't feel like he was rushing me and it felt like he was truly interested in understanding my path so far. He gave me the encouragement I needed that I still had options and shouldn't give up hope.
Mini IVF/low dose IVF is the treatment recommended for me mainly because I have diminished ovarian reserve. I have already tried a high dose IVF and had no better response than when I did medicated IUI. So he said it really didn't make sense to use high dose since we know my body won't respond to it.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strengths would be their technology. Their lab is top notch which is important to me. The weakness would be that they seem to push birth control as a way to prime which I don't think works for everyone. Although they are open to trying something else if you request it so its important to be knowledgeable going in.
The costs seemed very competitive to me. However, mine were related to low dose IVF. They are very open about sending you the full price list after your consult so it all seemed very clear and there was no grey areas.
He is a strong proponent of PGT testing embryos and because of that recommends single embryo transfer.
Zaher Merhi

2020, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Zhang] is very experienced with mini IVF using oral medications mostly and/or low dose injectables and IVF for women over 40. He also experienced in doing ovarian PRP for women who struggle with egg quality and quantity....The clinic [New Hope] and he have a lot of experience doing mini IVF. So they use a combo of both letrozole and clomid together or separately as well as very low dose injectables. The rationale is having quality over quantity...
They [New Hope] are busy with many patients but the prices are affordable for people who do not have IVF coverage. They specialize in Mini IVF so that also makes meds cheaper since you don't take a lot of the expensive injectable meds. The in house PGS testing is affordable. Even if you start with a certain doctor, that doctor may not be the one giving your instructions so make sure you check in with your doctor during the cycle if you have questions....You deal with multiple nurses [at New Hope] so that makes it harder. For example I had to ask each nurse each time to use a certain insurance code on my outside monitoring orders...
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
He is very experienced with mini IVF using oral medications mostly and/or low dose injectables and IVF for women over 40. He also experienced in doing ovarian PRP for women who struggle with egg quality and quantity.
They seem like a busy clinic so be your own advocate and don't let yourself fall through the cracks.
I felt like during the phone consult he spent time discussing my case. I felt he cared and had experience I was looking for.
The clinic and he have a lot of experience doing mini IVF. So they use a combo of both letrozole and clomid together or separately as well as very low dose injectables. The rationale is having quality over quantity.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
You deal with multiple nurses so that makes it harder. For example I had to ask each nurse each time to use a certain insurance code on my outside monitoring orders.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
They are busy with many patients but the prices are affordable for people who do not have IVF coverage. They specialize in Mini IVF so that also makes meds cheaper since you don't take a lot of the expensive injectable meds. The in house PGS testing is affordable. Even if you start with a certain doctor, that doctor may not be the one giving your instructions so make sure you check in with your doctor during the cycle if you have questions.
the prices are al la carte. The prices are pretty affordable
The clinic does a lot of PGS testing due to the low pricing of in house PGS testing and the advanced ages of the women. So they do many single embryo transfers in this case. They will transfer multiple embryos if not tested or if they are day 3 embryos.
New Hope Fertility Center

I always felt like he [Dr. Olcha] was giving me his full attention - he was always in the office when I would go in for monitoring the mornings. I think he works everyday because I would always see him which was so lovely. He could always come in to my scans and give me feedback right there which was really helpful for me because I like to be informed...He made what tends to be a stressful situation so easy and positive! I truly have only good things to say about my experience.
Before my first cycle [at New Hope Fertility Center] and before the second cycle, I took birth control to baseline everything... The results were good both times - he [Dr. Olcha] seemed really happy with it - overall, 18 eggs retrieved and 17 frozen...The nurses were AMAZING. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. They really helped me with any additional questions I had...Tons of seating and really open and bright with lots of windows. I visited other locations with waiting areas that are dark and depressing with women waiting packed together in a room - that does not work for me! After checking in with the receptionist (who were all so friendly),
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
From the moment I met Dr. Olcha, I knew I would be in the best hands. I didn't know much at the beginning of the process about anything and he was so patient and explained everything to me. During my first retrieval, I had a ton of questions but he answered everything and really made me feel at ease. My experience was really positive - the medication he prescribed to me for both cycles was so easy - the injections didn't hurt - it was a dream scenario. I responded well both times and had good outcomes and he was happy with the results and was really with me every step of the way both times. I am so fortunate to have had Dr. Olcha as my doctor. He made what tends to be a stressful situation so easy and positive! I truly have only good things to say about my experience.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
My advice to a prospective patient of Dr. Olcha's would be NOT to worry. He's the best! You can't go wrong!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Olcha is the best doctor. I always felt like he was giving me his full attention - he was always in the office when I would go in for monitoring the mornings. I think he works everyday because I would always see him which was so lovely. He could always come in to my scans and give me feedback right there which was really helpful for me because I like to be informed.
Describe the protocols Meir Olcha used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
For both cycles, my treatment was pretty similar. Before my first cycle and before the second cycle, I took birth control to baseline everything. Then once I started, it was a Follstim injection every night for the whole time with Clomid for the whole time as well and Letrozole for the first 5 nights. Orillissa before I triggered, and then the retrievals! It was really easy and pain-free - the injections did not hurt me at all even though I was so scared in the beginning! I would go in for monitoring early in the morning and he would always have instructions for me on what protocol to do next right away and I never had to wait long. The results were good both times - he seemed really happy with it - overall, 18 eggs retrieved and 17 frozen.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nurses were AMAZING. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. They really helped me with any additional questions I had. They were so patient in showing me how to inject myself, etc. All of the nurses are amazing at New Hope!
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
I have nothing but great things to say about New Hope! The offices are beautiful - right on Columbus Circle - it's large and spacious and very calming (I love the fish tanks!). They really know what they are doing and are so professional. I researched other places before deciding to go with New Hope. What they do their is so impressive! I really think they are the best at what they do.
I loved going in for monitoring! It the highlight of my weeks! The lobby/waiting area is so lovely and spacious. Tons of seating and really open and bright with lots of windows. I visited other locations with waiting areas that are dark and depressing with women waiting packed together in a room - that does not work for me! After checking in with the receptionist (who were all so friendly), I'd sit and wait for a few minutes before being called in for bloodwork. I don't love getting my blood taken but everyone at New Hope was so gentle and I survived every time and it barely hurt and they made me feel at ease. Then when I would get called in for the ultrasound, it was so fun and informative to see everything on the screen and how my follicles were progressing. Dr. Olcha works so hard everyday so every morning that I would go in for monitoring, he would be there! It was nice to have him in all of my scans! Chelsea, the physician's assistant who works with Dr. Olcha, is also a star. She is so lovely and I am so thankful she was there doing most of my scans for me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center.
The costs were in line with what was originally outlined - I did my research so I pretty much knew what they would be. I think it was well worth the expense.
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr Olcha suggested single embryo transfer to avoid any complications or birth defects...treated us very nicely and always there for us whether it's a sonogram or consultation or any questions. He never hesitated to answer any question whether it was face to face or via email...was very friendly and cleared every doubt we had regarding the IVF. He took personal interest at every level to make sure we are comfortable. He even wrote a letter to our insurance explaining our situation for shifting from IUI to IVF. Our first FET was unsuccessful due to unknown reasons which was done by another doctor. He made sure the second one be a success and took every measures to make it success and it did. We are happy, we choose New Hope and Dr. Meir Olcha.
Strengths [at New Hope Fertility Center] would be: The clinic is well staffed. Whether it is for blood work or sonogram or Insurance and billing help. I don't think they have any weakness...doctors are well experienced and really helpful...20 eggs were retrieved. Among them, 18 were fertilized, and 11 reached the blastocyst stage. Others were abnormal so were discarded. I was prescribed some other medications to make sure the 2nd FET to be a successful. And one of them was stopped on the day of FET and others were continued till 10 weeks of pregnancy.
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Olcha was very friendly and cleared every doubt we had regarding the IVF. He took personal interest at every level to make sure we are comfortable. He even wrote a letter to our insurance explaining our situation for shifting from IUI to IVF. Our first FET was unsuccessful due to unknown reasons which was done by another doctor. He made sure the second one be a success and took every measures to make it success and it did. We are happy, we choose New Hope and Dr. Meir Olcha.
Make sure, you are open to Dr. Olcha and explain him all your concerns and questions so he could treat you accordingly.
Dr Olcha treated us very nicely and always there for us whether it's a sonogram or consultation or any questions. He never hesitated to answer any question whether it was face to face or via email.
I was prescribed a medicine for the follicles to grow. 20 eggs were retrieved. Among them, 18 were fertilized, and 11 reached the blastocyst stage. Others were abnormal so were discarded. I was prescribed some other medications to make sure the 2nd FET to be a successful. And one of them was stopped on the day of FET and others were continued till 10 weeks of pregnancy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
You will be called within 10 mins of your check in time. They were very gentle while drawing the blood or while doing the sonogram. They made sure, we are comfortable at every step.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strengths would be: The clinic is well staffed. Whether it is for blood work or sonogram or Insurance and billing help. I don't think they have any weakness. Al the doctors are well experienced and really helpful.
75% was covered by our insurance for all fertility treatment and copay of 20$ for diagnostics and 30$ for doctor visit was charged.
Describe Meir Olcha's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
Dr Zhang and Dr Olcha suggested single embryo transfer to avoid any complications or birth defects.

2 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
I was so nervous of transferring the frozen eggs to a new facility but Dr. Olcha and the embryologist team at New Hope put me at ease. Their communication was amazing! I was also very nervous during my fresh egg retrieval because I did not use anesthesia. Dr. Olcha was great and I'm so glad I did it that way...Although it's a big clinic, I never felt like just a number with my doctor. The clinic is ran like a well oiled machine which was a relief to me based on my experience with my last clinic. The only weakness that I can state is that I would frequently submit required documents and test results but they would consistently state that they never received them.
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
I came to New Hope Fertility Clinic after a failed IVF experience at another clinic. During our 1st meeting with Dr. Olcha, I knew that we would be in good hands. Dr. Olcha is direct yet personable. He answered all of our questions in detail and made us feel heard. Although New Hope is a big clinic, I did not have the feeling that I was just a number. Prior to my procedure, Dr. Olcha checked on me frequently throughout email and phone. He answered any questions that I had quickly.
If you are trying to determine what doctor to use at New Hope, I would definitely recommend Dr. Olcha.
Dr. Olcha was personable and always responded to all my questions and concerns.
I had already froze 29 eggs from another clinic. After meeting with Dr. Olcha, we decided to thaw 15 of those eggs and complete another IVF cycle. Dr. Olcha was able to do fresh egg retrieval which resulted in 19 eggs. We ended up with 9 embryos then sent them for PGS testing. We now have three PGS normal embryos. I was so nervous of transferring the frozen eggs to a new facility but Dr. Olcha and the embryologist team at New Hope put me at ease. Their communication was amazing! I was also very nervous during my fresh egg retrieval because I did not use anesthesia. Dr. Olcha was great and I'm so glad I did it that way.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
I would highly recommend New Hope Fertility Center. Although it's a big clinic, I never felt like just a number with my doctor. The clinic is ran like a well oiled machine which was a relief to me based on my experience with my last clinic. The only weakness that I can state is that I would frequently submit required documents and test results but they would consistently state that they never received them.
My insurance paid for majority of treatment. I believe we had to pay $1,200 co-insurance and $5,500 for PGS testing
2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Olcha is very communicative and you can reach him with a simple email. He makes it a point to meet with you after procedures. My medication changed and he called me on his day off to explain why he wanted to change things around. He's compassionate and very thorough. At our initial consultation he even told us an ideal diet you should have when trying to conceive...
[New Hope Fertility Center] clinic doesnt push all the normal medications if you dont want them. They offer a variety of IVF treatments including a natural IVF which is no stimulating drugs and just a trigger shot to release the egg for retrieval. I was drawn to this practice because they focus on one good quality egg and not the amount of eggs...[cost]about 1500 for retrieval, transfer about 7000. Every monitoring appointment, cost varies
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr Olcha is very communicative and you can reach him with a simple email. He makes it a point to meet with you after procedures. My medication changed and he called me on his day off to explain why he wanted to change things around. He's compassionate and very thorough. At our initial consultation he even told us an ideal diet you should have when trying to conceive. He was the first doctor to mention that and educate me, with all the other doctors I did a ton of research and found out all of this info.
Stay positive!
He is extremely considerate and even called to talk to me on his day off.
Clomid 2x a day and Letrozole 1x a day. Stopped Letrozole and then stopped Clomid because FSH was rising too high. I did a mini ivf which Dr Olcha thought was a good way to go because sometimes many places use too many drugs and that could harm the egg/embryo. I received 2 eggs, when in the retrieval he actually had one retrieved that was 10 mm (which Ive never heard of, usually they only will retrieve if theyre 18mm). The egg matured and was fertilized but sadly by day 3 failed to grow. I am now on birth control to hopefully get my hormones more balanced for the next try.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nursing staff is great. They seem very positive and on point.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
This clinic doesnt push all the normal medications if you dont want them. They offer a variety of IVF treatments including a natural IVF which is no stimulating drugs and just a trigger shot to release the egg for retrieval. I was drawn to this practice because they focus on one good quality egg and not the amount of eggs. They even offer an At Home IVF, which during these times is such a great offering!
Monitoring appointments have great hours. 7-2 pm and they even offer a 6-9. Really convenient
about 1500 for retrieval, transfer about 7000. Every monitoring appointment, cost varies, Medications are separate. Freezing of eggs 1500. light anesthesia 150
2020, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Lana Lipkin] is LGBTQ friendly and culturally competent. She is patient and a good listener. She considers my desires and opinions when creating her management plan. She clearly communicates her plan and strategy and is happy to answer all of my questions in detail...I have only completed 2 cycles with Dr. Lipkin. The first cycle she used Letrizole to gently stimulate my ovaries.
The clinic [New Hope Fertility Center] is well run, clean, organized, and good at communicating. The waiting room is inviting and has snacks and beverages and monitors that indicate when and where a patient is being called for blood/sono/financial/etc. I have found the staff to be 100% kind and compassionate and helpful.
How was your experience with Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
She is LGBTQ friendly and culturally competent. She is patient and a good listener. She considers my desires and opinions when creating her management plan. She clearly communicates her plan and strategy and is happy to answer all of my questions in detail.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
Don't hesitate to tell her what is important to you because she will listen and take your priorities into consideration.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
She is a fantastic listener, always willing to explain all the reasons behind her strategy and to answer all my questions.
Describe the protocols Lana Lipkin used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I have only completed 2 cycles with Dr. Lipkin. The first cycle she used Letrizole to gently stimulate my ovaries. I produced 4 follicles. After and ovidril trigger, all four were retrieved. Only two were immediately mature enough to have ICSI. The remaining 2 were cultured until they were mature enough and also had ICSI. Only one made it to blastocyst (rated: 312). That single blastocyst was transferred and did not end in pregnancy. The second cycle was again with Letrizole stimulation. I only produced 2 follicles and began to have an LH surge on my own. She monitored my LH (but did not trigger me). They were able to retrieve both eggs and only one reached blastocyst (rated: 411). This blastocyst we decided to freeze due to the stress of Covid-19 (I am an essential worker) and in order give my ovaries a break before attempting to stimulate them again in 1mo in hopes of getting another blastocyst for transfer.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The entire staff at New Hope is kind, welcoming, and compassionate.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is well run, clean, organized, and good at communicating. The waiting room is inviting and has snacks and beverages and monitors that indicate when and where a patient is being called for blood/sono/financial/etc. I have found the staff to be 100% kind and compassionate and helpful.
Well oiled machine. They offer early hours which allowed me to monitor without missing any work. They move people through in a timely and respectful manner.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center.
Our insurance doesn't cover our fertility treatments but New Hope has significantly reduced prices for patients paying out of pocket. We have been pleasantly surprised by the cost and expected it to be almost twice the cost.
Describe Lana Lipkin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
Dr. Lipkin and I both decided that it would be best to only transfer one embryo at a time. I typically am unable to produce more than one egg that reaches blastocyst anyway.
What specific things went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
There was a single email from a nurse with my trigger and retrieval time that had a typo in the hour in one portion of the email but was correct in another portion. I emailed back to clarify and got a prompt response with an apology for the error and the corrected/consistent trigger & retrieval time.
Lana Lipkin
New Hope Fertility Center
Dr. Olcha made the entire process very simple. His expertise, professionalism and personal manner made it very easy for me and my husband. We were more than happy with every detail of the process. The entire experience seemed so simple yet personal. Never did we have any doubt on anything as Dr. Olcha was very good in explaining everything... made sure I didn’t need too much IVF injections and was monitored on a daily basis. Once my eggs were at a good size; in one simple procedure he was able to retrieve 26 eggs! And 8 embryos were then then frozen. We also did genetics testing as we hoped our first born be a boy along with checking for diseases. The entire process was well communicated at all times. In my next cycle he performed our chosen embryo transfer. Everything went very well and I am now 9 weeks pregnant thanks to Dr. Olcha!
The nursing staff [at New Hope Fertility Center] are a great reflection on the clinic. Each and every nurse are super nice and attentive. Any time I had the most simply question they were are very helpful. My emails would also be responded to in a timely manner. I must say the nurses are a great contribution to the clinic and the great work that takes place there. Well done! I will miss seeing your familiar faces!
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Please pick him as your primary doctor. He is simply the best! If I needed fertility treatment again: he is my number 1 option!
Dr Olcha has been an amazing doctor for me and my husband. From our very first meeting up to gratulating with babe at week 9 he has been thorough in every detail. We have always felt very comfortable with him and so happy we decided to have him as our primary doctor. Every step he been a breeze for us due to his calm, professional and very approachable manner. Without him we would not be where we are today. I would definitely recommend him to those many couples who are struggling with fertility. Thank you!
Dr. Olcha made sure I didn’t need too much IVF injections and was monitored on a daily basis. Once my eggs were at a good size; in one simple procedure he was able to retrieve 26 eggs! And 8 embryos were then then frozen. We also did genetics testing as we hoped our first born be a boy along with checking for diseases. The entire process was well communicated at all times. In my next cycle he performed our chosen embryo transfer. Everything went very well and I am now 9 weeks pregnant thanks to Dr. Olcha!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nursing staff are a great reflection on the clinic. Each and every nurse are super nice and attentive. Any time I had the most simply question they were are very helpful. My emails would also be responded to in a timely manner. I must say the nurses are a great contribution to the clinic and the great work that takes place there. Well done! I will miss seeing your familiar faces!
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Everything in the clinic is amazing, from the doctors, nurses, staff, waiting area, soft music in the back ground and even the light scent in the air makes coming to this clinic very easy. I have always felt very comfortable coming to this clinic and enjoyed every visit. Also knowing they have teh bat staff and technology I never had a moments doubt that our treatment here would be successful.
All the nurses and staff were super nice and very friendly. They always remembered me and made feel comfortable. Thank you! I will miss seeing you.
Costs were very good and way within budget. We were very happy.
New Hope Fertility Center
Dr. Kulp Makarov is highly knowledgeable, compassionate and very calm. That was exactly what we needed during a very stressful time!! She was able to adjust our fertility medications after our first round was unsuccessful. She kept us well informed and was upbeat and encouraging. And above all kind and empathetic...A mix of compassion, knowledge and kindness. She’s very busy, but was always there when we needed her...
This clinic [New Hope Fertility Center] is a well run machine! It can seem a little too fancy at first glance. But that is more than compensated for the caring staff and the attention to personal details. The location was very convenient for us. And the scheduling was incredibly flexible...Highly efficient and knowledgeable [nursing staff]. We always felt like we were in good hands...
She was the perfect doctor for us. A mix of compassion, knowledge and kindness. She’s very busy, but was always there when we needed her!
Dr. Kulp Makarov was keenly interested in helping us start a family. She was kind and empathic. We both felt like she really cared about us.
Full work up including semen testing for me. Hormonal tests and HSG for my wife.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Highly efficient and knowledgeable. We always felt like we were in good hands. And the nurses knew what she wanted done and were able to take care of it.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
This clinic is a well run machine! It can seem a little too fancy at first glance. But that is more than compensated for the caring staff and the attention to personal details. The location was very convenient for us. And the scheduling was incredibly flexible. We were able to see Dr. Kulp Makarov on the same day that we requested our consultation.
Our private health insurance covered all treatment costs. We were very fortunate in that regard.
Not applicable for us.
New Hope Fertility Center
I had three cycles, the medications were slightly altered each time [by Dr. Meir Olcha] and I had an extra day of stimulation with each cycle...saw me at most of my monitoring appointments to give me an update on my progress. Dr. Olcha also gave me a call after every retrieval which was nice...He was also very honest about my results and what I can expect in the future...I ended up completing 3 cycles of egg freezing and each time he adjusted my medication regimen which resulted in more eggs.
I had three cycles [at New Hope Fertility Center], the medications were slightly altered each time and I had an extra day of stimulation with each cycle...The nursing staff was very kind, professional and had great communication skills...I did not have to go as often as some of my friends who went to other clinics. When I did go it was fast and efficient...I did three cycles which was $7,500 this did not cover anesthesia or medicine. Some offices I consulted at wanted to charge $9,200 just for one cycle.
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Olcha was extremely kind and professional. I ended up completing 3 cycles of egg freezing and each time he adjusted my medication regimen which resulted in more eggs. He was also very honest about my results and what I can expect in the future.
You are in good hands. It was a much easier process than anticipated.
Everyone at the office was very kind and professional. Dr. Olcha or one of the other doctors saw me at most of my monitoring appointments to give me an update on my progress. Dr. Olcha also gave me a call after every retrieval which was nice.
I had three cycles, the medications were slightly altered each time and I had an extra day of stimulation with each cycle.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
They have early hours which is good for someone who works. I was normally there for 30-40 minutes for monitoring which isn’t bad. They are open 7 days a week. The staff is very professional and efficient. The price for egg freezing was also a fraction of what other facilities were charging.
New Hope Fertility Center

I just found her [Dr. Lipkin] honest, but hopeful approach work for me. As an older hopeful mother to be she has made these cycle easier to take with better results then my previous doctor. It was about egg quality and not quantity...She uses leas medication and more natural cycle cues...She was direct but kind and kept it realistic but hopefull.
The majority of nurses [at New Hope Fertility Center] were compassionate and attentive. There were some that made me feel I was just a number, but that was not the norm...They are not aggressive and believe it take one quality egg to get a positive result. It also worked out for me that they had a satellite office on Long Island. This help as we go through a cycle during Covid.
How was your experience with Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
I just found her honest, but hopeful approach work for me. As an older hopeful mother to be she has made these cycle easier to take with better results then my previous doctor. It was about egg quality and not quantity.
Ask your questions. She is honest and works with you.
She was direct but kind and kept it realistic but hopefull.
She uses leas medication and more natural cycle cues. She beloved in quality versus quantity.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The majority of nurses were compassionate and attentive. There were some that made me feel I was just a number, but that was not the norm.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
They work with you, especially as an older potential mom. They are not aggressive and believe it take one quality egg to get a positive result. It also worked out for me that they had a satellite office on Long Island. This help as we go through a cycle during Covid.
It was efficient and went fairly smoothly.
Prices were al Le carte. Which at times were a benefit.
Lana Lipkin
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr Liu was informative and always available. He communicated well and always provided all information and explained everything very well. He did my egg retrieval, I got 8 and 5 made it to day 5. We did genetic testing and only 1 was good. We transferred it and I got pregnant...He was caring and explained everything. He was very informative and always remembered my name.
My insurance covered part of it. I paid $6000...The only thing I will mention is that u always speak to different nurses [at New Hope Fertility Center]. If you are the type that needs consistency then this may not be the place since it's always different nurses. But let me say they always were very knowledgeable and I didn't see this as a negative but some people may..
How was your experience with Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
So knowledgeable. They would always respond to my emails quickly.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The only thing I will mention is that u always speak to different nurses. If you are the type that needs consistency then this may not be the place since it's always different nurses. But let me say they always were very knowledgeable and I didn't see this as a negative but some people may.
Well oiled machine
My insurance covered part of it. I paid $6000
Zitao Liu
New Hope Fertility Center
My concerns were always addressed [with Dr. John Zhang]...The doctor was very informative. The doctor was very caring...I always knew what was going on with my cycle...Very honest with the outcome of our cycle...My husband was diagnosed with male factor infertility. Semen analysis were performed at the clinic the same day. Sperm retrieval procedure was done and sperm were frozen. I then did mini ivf. Minimal pills and injections followed by an egg retrieval. 14 embryos were created. One successful embryo transfer.
My husband was diagnosed with male factor infertility. Semen analysis were performed at the clinic [New Hope Fertility Center] the same day. Sperm retrieval procedure was done and sperm were frozen. I then did mini ivf. Minimal pills and injections followed by an egg retrieval. 14 embryos were created. One successful embryo transfer...Nursing staff work really well and extremely fast. I always received an email with instructions promptly.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
John Zhang was extremely informative. I always knew what was going on with my cycle. I had an amazing experience with this clinic. John Zhang was a very caring doctor. Very honest with the outcome of our cycle.
Go in with questions you have concerting your cycle.
My concerns were always addressed. The doctor was very informative. The doctor was very caring.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is very clean and very calming environment. Staff are amazing. I always received important information regarding my cycle within hours of leaving the clinic. I always felt comfortable going to the clinic.
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr. Olcha was very kind and was always available whenever I had a question or concern...He showed such great bedside manner and was always available without hesitation and never seemed annoyed or in a rush. He took the time out to fully explain the IVF process to myself and my husband. He called me periodically just to check in and see how I was feeling which was icing on the cake. He was very good at giving rational unbiased explanations of what to realistically expect and any risks involved. I firmly believe he is not the type of doctor that will tell you what you want to hear so they can make money off of you. He is v
[The nurses at New Hope Fertility Center had a] Fast response time, pleasant demeanor and always updated me on my blood results the same day...Total cost of my IVF cycle was around $10,000...the one thing I like the most about this clinic is that payment is not due upfront and you pay per service rendered which made it easier for my husband and I to plan accordingly and spread out the payments
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
The difference between Dr. Olcha and my previous fertility doctor was night and day. He showed such great bedside manner and was always available without hesitation and never seemed annoyed or in a rush. He took the time out to fully explain the IVF process to myself and my husband. He called me periodically just to check in and see how I was feeling which was icing on the cake. He was very good at giving rational unbiased explanations of what to realistically expect and any risks involved. I firmly believe he is not the type of doctor that will tell you what you want to hear so they can make money off of you. He is very honest and trustworthy and just facilitated the whole experience for us and made it as smooth as possible. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!
Trust the process. All the appointments and money spent is 1000% worth it!
Oral ovarian stimulation meds plus injectables. I started out with the at home IVF kit but my ovaries were slow to respond so I needed an extra boost and was given follistim/gonal-f to move things along quicker. My trigger shot was the nasal spray which worked perfectly. After the egg retrieval I was out on Estrace (oral tablets) and prometrium (vaginal suppositories) to support my uterine lining for a fresh transfer.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic as a whole (long island office and Manhattan office) is super clean and well organized. Even during the covid-19 pandemic they still managed to treat patients the same and always had the appropriate level of PPE on.
Total cost of my IVF cycle was around $10,000 the one thing I like the most about this clinic is that payment is not due upfront and you pay per service rendered which made it easier for my husband and I to plan accordingly and spread out the payments
My husband and I had our hearts set on transfer I g 2 embryos however Dr. Olcha didn’t recommend it based on my estrogen levels at the time of the egg retrieval and had a gentle talk with us about why he believed it would be safer to transfer one embryo due to my increased risk of OHSS once HCG levels start to rise in combination with my high estrogen level. We took his advice and couldn’t be happier!