4 Columbus Circle

I originally wanted to go with natural cycle IVF, but went with his recommendation to use the fertility medication because of my age. ... My treatment was catered to my need and everything was clearly explained. Not once did I feel like a number. I was treated like a person and my feelings were very much considered. ... I was going to fully cooperate and trust he knew what he was doing. I have absolutely no regrets. Dr. Zhang helped me create life in the very same body I thought was broken
Very clean and visually appealing facility [New Hope Fertility Center]. They always had coffee, tea and fresh fruits and snacks in the waiting area. Not once did I feel uncomfortable or disrespected. There was never a prolonged wait time. I was generally in and out which was great for me since I went before work. I never felt rushed or judged. ... [nursing staff] Always respectful and kind.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
After reading up about him I walked in there with my mind set. I was going to fully cooperate and trust he knew what he was doing. I have absolutely no regrets. Dr. Zhang helped me create life in the very same body I thought was broken. He is a God in my heart.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Trust he knows what he is doing. Never question and the instructions .
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols John Zhang used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Always respectful and kind.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Very clean and visually appealing facility. They always had coffee, tea and fresh fruits and snacks in the waiting area. Not once did I feel uncomfortable or disrespected. There was never a prolonged wait time. I was generally in and out which was great for me since I went before work. I never felt rushed or judged.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center.
Total costs were about 15k

2006 - 2012, Successful
Investment Banker
[Dr. John Zhang was] Very compasionate and caring Really wanted the treatment to work. Help me accomplish my dream of motherhood! Gave me free medications when I was unable to pay for it myself. I would really like to go back and try for baby number 2... The doctor and staff walk you to the entire process and helps you choose the best course of treatment...I was very happy with my doctor
[The nurses at New Hope Fertility Center were] Very nice and professional Made me feel very comfortable every time I had an appointment...He suggested only 2 [embryos] at the time...Very centrally located. Easy to find, friendly staff. Compassionate care, the cost of treatment is competitive and producing the best results. The doctor and staff walk you to the entire process and helps you choose the best course of treatment
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Listen to what he says. I know from personal experience that we don't want to hear the word no or it may take time, but the journey is long and you need to be prepared to deal with the setbacks
I was able to use donated medications after I was unable to pay for it myself. So grateful for all the support provided!
It was a long time ago, very I know for a fact I was very happy with my doctor
It was around 12-15,000
Describe John Zhang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
He suggested only 2at the time
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr. Zhang was very friendly and extremely smart. I got the feeling that he is very busy though and I my biggest fear with New Hope is that I would get lost in the mix. However, Dr. Zhang is very personable, kind and seemed confident with his plan for me.... He recommended a mini IVF because of my age (39) with PGD testing and then eSET.... He was very much in favor of eSET due to risks of multiples.... Know that you will be seeing ultrasound techs
The biggest strength I believe is their very reasonable pricing. Also, they [New Hope Fertility] have a strong belief in natural/low stim IVF cycles especially with older women as they believe it helps with egg quality. The weakness for me was the factory like feeling there.... I got the impression that New Hope is a very well run factory. I felt shuffled along and sort of lost along the way.... Dr. Zhang was very friendly and extremely smart. I got the feeling
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Know that you will be seeing ultrasound techs and not the doctor very often.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
They seemed very confident and kind.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The biggest strength I believe is their very reasonable pricing. Also, they have a strong belief in natural/low stim IVF cycles especially with older women as they believe it helps with egg quality. The weakness for me was the factory like feeling there.
My insurance covered everything.
He was very much in favor of eSET due to risks of multiples.
New Hope Fertility Center

I felt like a human because Doctor Zhang and entire staff cared, listened and answered all my questions... He is beyond experienced and knowledgeable in everything he does. He explained things to me that made so much sense and able to understand everything in detail. I put all my trust on him from the first meet...I did the mini ivf. Less medication and better results.
I absolutely loved the entire nursing staff [at New Hope Fertility Center]. Any questions I had (and I had many) they answered it with a smile...Excellent wait time. Even at it's most busiest hour, you are in and out in a timely manner. Clinic is extremely clean. Entire staff is beyond warm and friends. Everybody has a smile on their face. No weaknesses...I felt like a human because Doctor Zhang and entire staff cared, listened and answered all my questions.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Zhang is a medical genius. He is beyond experienced and knowledgeable in everything he does. He explained things to me that made so much sense and able to understand everything in detail. I put all my trust on him from the first meet.
Listen!
I did the mini ivf. Less medication and better results.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
I absolutely loved the entire nursing staff. Any questions I had (and I had many) they answered it with a smile.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Costs were very economical.
Yes, 1 embryo.

2013, Successful
She [Dr. Luk] is a very good doctor and she took her time to explain everything to us. She not only shared the clinical aspects of the procedure but took the time to make sure we were feeling ok with the abundance of information. I didn’t feel pressured to make any decision and felt completely comfortable with the choices that we did make. She was excited for our success, which showed at every visit and ultrasound.
At the time of treatment Dr. Luk was actually working at a different clinic. She was part of New Hope Fertility and I had a great experience there. They were great at communication about all the test results and ultrasounds. The nurses and staff were friendly and polite which makes a big difference.... I didn’t feel pressured to make any decision and felt completely comfortable with the choices that we did make.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at New Hope Fertility Center?
She is a very good doctor and she took her time to explain everything to us. She not only shared the clinical aspects of the procedure but took the time to make sure we were feeling ok with the abundance of information. I didn’t feel pressured to make any decision and felt completely comfortable with the choices that we did make. She was excited for our success, which showed at every visit and ultrasound.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Janelle Luk at New Hope Fertility Center?
Ask whatever questions or concerns you have and she will give you an honest answer.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Janelle Luk at New Hope Fertility Center?
She took her time to explain all the options we had, told me the options she would choose and shared personal stories of her own pregnancy.
Janelle Luk

2014 - 2015, Successful
Very cerebral approach- not a hand holder but able to produce results- differentiated process from other big treatment places in NYC... Go here if you have an aversion to over medication or if you want to try a less aggressive IVF approach
Go here if you have an aversion to over medication or if you want to try a less aggressive IVF approach. [The nursing staff was] compassionate, responsive and personable. They all knew my name, story etc. loved them all.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Very cerebral approach- not a hand holder but able to produce results- differentiated process from other big treatment places in nyc
Go here if you have an aversion to over medication or if you want to try a less aggressive ivf approach
They spent a good deal of time with me during the appointments and during follow up calls and emails I never waited very long to be seen.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Compassionate, responsive and personable. They all knew my name, story etc. loved them all.
You sign in on a computer when you arrive- very pleasant room with nice music lots of light snacks etc always was seen fairly quickly less than 20 mins typically
New Hope Fertility Center
I had three cycles, the medications were slightly altered each time [by Dr. Meir Olcha] and I had an extra day of stimulation with each cycle...saw me at most of my monitoring appointments to give me an update on my progress. Dr. Olcha also gave me a call after every retrieval which was nice...He was also very honest about my results and what I can expect in the future...I ended up completing 3 cycles of egg freezing and each time he adjusted my medication regimen which resulted in more eggs.
I had three cycles [at New Hope Fertility Center], the medications were slightly altered each time and I had an extra day of stimulation with each cycle...The nursing staff was very kind, professional and had great communication skills...I did not have to go as often as some of my friends who went to other clinics. When I did go it was fast and efficient...I did three cycles which was $7,500 this did not cover anesthesia or medicine. Some offices I consulted at wanted to charge $9,200 just for one cycle.
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Olcha was extremely kind and professional. I ended up completing 3 cycles of egg freezing and each time he adjusted my medication regimen which resulted in more eggs. He was also very honest about my results and what I can expect in the future.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
You are in good hands. It was a much easier process than anticipated.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Everyone at the office was very kind and professional. Dr. Olcha or one of the other doctors saw me at most of my monitoring appointments to give me an update on my progress. Dr. Olcha also gave me a call after every retrieval which was nice.
Describe the protocols Meir Olcha used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I had three cycles, the medications were slightly altered each time and I had an extra day of stimulation with each cycle.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
They have early hours which is good for someone who works. I was normally there for 30-40 minutes for monitoring which isn’t bad. They are open 7 days a week. The staff is very professional and efficient. The price for egg freezing was also a fraction of what other facilities were charging.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center.
New Hope Fertility Center

He [Dr. John Zhang] is straight to the point...We did Mini IVF and ICSI because of male factor infertility...I felt like a human because I always had my questions answered through emails...is very knowledgeable and did not push any extra procedures. He was straight to the point. He explained everything that was going to happen. If i needed to speak to him in person he was usually around in the morning when I was having monitoring...
They [doctors at New Hope Fertility Center] prefer one embryo at a time but we chose two and they let us...They do not sugar coat things, they say exactly what and why and how things are happening. They communicate mostly through email. Their are a few different departments but you mostly deal with the nursing department and the prescription department...I felt like a human because I always had my questions answered through emails.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr Zhang is very knowledgeable and did not push any extra procedures. He was straight to the point. He explained everything that was going to happen. If i needed to speak to him in person he was usually around in the morning when I was having monitoring.
He is straight to the point.
I felt like a human because I always had my questions answered through emails.
We did Mini IVF and ICSI because of male factor infertility
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nursing staff answered each and every question I had. They were helpful with the entire process.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Monitoring was from 7am-1pm which was very convenient. I would go right before work and make it in time. Results of blood tests were given within 4-5 hours and clear instructions were always provided.
They prefer one embryo at a time but we chose two and they let us
New Hope Fertility Center

My doctor [Dr. Zhang] took time to sit down with me and address any concerns i had, and followed up with a direct phone call to see how i was doing and If I had further questions or concerns. ... While my plan at the time was to freeze my eggs, I would have liked time for a one on one discussion on my infertility issues in depth. ... The egg freezing procedure costed me around 6k per cycle - much less than the 10k on average.
Nurses at New Hope went above and beyond in terms of communication and procedures. ... The clinic was very clean and had state of the art equipment and procedures were run with the utmost professional staff. I am completely satisfied and highly recommend this clinic to anyone that is looking for top quality service at an affordable price.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
There were certain costs i felt were unecessary, but NH worked with me to adjust the bill. While my plan at the time was to freeze my eggs, I would have liked time for a one on one discussion on my infertility issues in depth.
Clearly communicate with the doctor regarding short and longer-term fertility goals, and about any issues you might have. NH is flexible and can work with you.
My doctor took time to sit down with me and address any concerns i had, and followed up with a direct phone call to see how i was doing and If I had further questions or concerns.
New Hope Fertility Center

I just found her [Dr. Lipkin] honest, but hopeful approach work for me. As an older hopeful mother to be she has made these cycle easier to take with better results then my previous doctor. It was about egg quality and not quantity...She uses leas medication and more natural cycle cues...She was direct but kind and kept it realistic but hopefull.
The majority of nurses [at New Hope Fertility Center] were compassionate and attentive. There were some that made me feel I was just a number, but that was not the norm...They are not aggressive and believe it take one quality egg to get a positive result. It also worked out for me that they had a satellite office on Long Island. This help as we go through a cycle during Covid.
How was your experience with Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
I just found her honest, but hopeful approach work for me. As an older hopeful mother to be she has made these cycle easier to take with better results then my previous doctor. It was about egg quality and not quantity.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
Ask your questions. She is honest and works with you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
She was direct but kind and kept it realistic but hopefull.
Describe the protocols Lana Lipkin used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
She uses leas medication and more natural cycle cues. She beloved in quality versus quantity.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The majority of nurses were compassionate and attentive. There were some that made me feel I was just a number, but that was not the norm.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
They work with you, especially as an older potential mom. They are not aggressive and believe it take one quality egg to get a positive result. It also worked out for me that they had a satellite office on Long Island. This help as we go through a cycle during Covid.
It was efficient and went fairly smoothly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center.
Prices were al Le carte. Which at times were a benefit.
Lana Lipkin
New Hope Fertility Center
My concerns were always addressed [with Dr. John Zhang]...The doctor was very informative. The doctor was very caring...I always knew what was going on with my cycle...Very honest with the outcome of our cycle...My husband was diagnosed with male factor infertility. Semen analysis were performed at the clinic the same day. Sperm retrieval procedure was done and sperm were frozen. I then did mini ivf. Minimal pills and injections followed by an egg retrieval. 14 embryos were created. One successful embryo transfer.
My husband was diagnosed with male factor infertility. Semen analysis were performed at the clinic [New Hope Fertility Center] the same day. Sperm retrieval procedure was done and sperm were frozen. I then did mini ivf. Minimal pills and injections followed by an egg retrieval. 14 embryos were created. One successful embryo transfer...Nursing staff work really well and extremely fast. I always received an email with instructions promptly.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
John Zhang was extremely informative. I always knew what was going on with my cycle. I had an amazing experience with this clinic. John Zhang was a very caring doctor. Very honest with the outcome of our cycle.
Go in with questions you have concerting your cycle.
My concerns were always addressed. The doctor was very informative. The doctor was very caring.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is very clean and very calming environment. Staff are amazing. I always received important information regarding my cycle within hours of leaving the clinic. I always felt comfortable going to the clinic.
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr. Merhi was always attentive and made time to answer all my questions. While monitoring can feel more like a number, I always knew Dr. Merhi was behind my care and available to speak... is a wonderful and caring doctor. He made a very emotional and upsetting process more accessible and lowered my stress. He always made time to explain things, I would wholeheartedly recommend him!
There is a lot of people that go through the clinic [New Hope Fertility Center], so the nurses sometimes got things wrong. You definitely have to stay vigilant about your care at any clinic you go to...The monitor hours at New Hope are really great! I found it really hard in my previous clinic to only have monitoring hours early morning, but New Hope has until 2pm and are usually pretty quick. Don't get thrown off at the New Agey decor, it's a great place, plus great location.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Merhi is a wonderful and caring doctor. He made a very emotional and upsetting process more accessible and lowered my stress. He always made time to explain things, I would wholeheartedly recommend him!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Ask lots of questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
There is a lot of people that go through the clinic, so the nurses sometimes got things wrong. You definitely have to stay vigilant about your care at any clinic you go to.
New Hope Fertility Center
Dr. Makarov was very knowledgeable and professional during my entire process. I trusted her and I got the results I wanted on the first try! I’m very satisfied. I would recommend her to anyone who is interested in doing the iv... The nurses and staff [New Hope Fertility] were very helpful. Always there to assist in any questions or issues. They were very kind and knowledgeable.
The nurses and staff [New Hope Fertility] were very helpful. Always there to assist in any questions or issues. They were very kind and knowledgeable.... Clinic is very clean. Staff are very knowledgeable and helpful. They are equipped with everything you need. The hours of operation work perfect with my work schedule. The medication I was able to get right at the office.
How was your experience with Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nurses and staff were very helpful. Always there to assist in any questions or issues. They were very kind and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center.
The grant was very helpful. I would not have been able to proceed without it.
Jennifer Kulp Makarov
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr. Olcha was very kind and was always available whenever I had a question or concern...He showed such great bedside manner and was always available without hesitation and never seemed annoyed or in a rush. He took the time out to fully explain the IVF process to myself and my husband. He called me periodically just to check in and see how I was feeling which was icing on the cake. He was very good at giving rational unbiased explanations of what to realistically expect and any risks involved. I firmly believe he is not the type of doctor that will tell you what you want to hear so they can make money off of you. He is v
[The nurses at New Hope Fertility Center had a] Fast response time, pleasant demeanor and always updated me on my blood results the same day...Total cost of my IVF cycle was around $10,000...the one thing I like the most about this clinic is that payment is not due upfront and you pay per service rendered which made it easier for my husband and I to plan accordingly and spread out the payments
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
The difference between Dr. Olcha and my previous fertility doctor was night and day. He showed such great bedside manner and was always available without hesitation and never seemed annoyed or in a rush. He took the time out to fully explain the IVF process to myself and my husband. He called me periodically just to check in and see how I was feeling which was icing on the cake. He was very good at giving rational unbiased explanations of what to realistically expect and any risks involved. I firmly believe he is not the type of doctor that will tell you what you want to hear so they can make money off of you. He is very honest and trustworthy and just facilitated the whole experience for us and made it as smooth as possible. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!
Trust the process. All the appointments and money spent is 1000% worth it!
Oral ovarian stimulation meds plus injectables. I started out with the at home IVF kit but my ovaries were slow to respond so I needed an extra boost and was given follistim/gonal-f to move things along quicker. My trigger shot was the nasal spray which worked perfectly. After the egg retrieval I was out on Estrace (oral tablets) and prometrium (vaginal suppositories) to support my uterine lining for a fresh transfer.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic as a whole (long island office and Manhattan office) is super clean and well organized. Even during the covid-19 pandemic they still managed to treat patients the same and always had the appropriate level of PPE on.
Total cost of my IVF cycle was around $10,000 the one thing I like the most about this clinic is that payment is not due upfront and you pay per service rendered which made it easier for my husband and I to plan accordingly and spread out the payments
Describe Meir Olcha's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
My husband and I had our hearts set on transfer I g 2 embryos however Dr. Olcha didn’t recommend it based on my estrogen levels at the time of the egg retrieval and had a gentle talk with us about why he believed it would be safer to transfer one embryo due to my increased risk of OHSS once HCG levels start to rise in combination with my high estrogen level. We took his advice and couldn’t be happier!
New Hope Fertility Center

13 eggs were retrieved and 7 of them made it to embryos [when cycling with Dr. Olcha]. I froze my embryos immediately and did genetic testing on my best 3. Once those results came out Dr. Olcha asked if I wanted to chose which embryo he implanted but I asked him to just use the best one. The embryo transfer was a breeze and two weeks later I went back in for a pregnancy blood test and Dr. Olcha called me that afternoon to let me know that I was pregnant!! Every week following for 3 weeks I went in for a sonogram then I moved to an OB. I am now 4 months pregnant with a healthy baby girl!! My remaining frozen embryos remain at a storage facility with New Hope.
Monitoring [at New Hope Fertility Center] was very easy and most of the time very quick. I would try and get there early, you check in and then wait for your name to be called on the screen- you’re in and out in under an hour...Costs were what I expected however it’s a pay as you go so the cost doesn’t hit you in one lump sum which would be a bit tricky for most. The most important thing I can say is that I knew exactly what costs would be before I did anything so nothing came as a surprise to me which was so helpful.
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
I’m a 34 yr old woman who was having a hard time getting pregnant. The first doctor I went to always made me feel like getting pregnant was this huge hurtle that I might get over.. but might not. After the first consultation I had with Dr. Olcha I left, got in my car, and cried because I felt like I FINALLY had a doctor who gave me the compassion I needed and slowly went over all my options and then he advised what he recommended. I did 4 IUI’s and then ultimately decided with Dr. Olcha IVF was the best next step. Every procedure I did I knew exactly what to expect and felt comfortable throughout the whole process. I am now 4 months pregnant and so happy!! I just wish Dr. Olcha could stay my OB!! It was sad to leave his care and I would recommend him (and already have) to anyone who is looking for fertility assistance.
Look no further you’re in good hands now
Dr. Olcha and the whole team at New Hope always we’re extremely patient with me and always took time to answer any questions or concerns I had during my fertility journey
I did 5 IUI rounds but only 4 IUI transfers (Dr. Olcha cancelled one round because I over stimulated on clomid). I didn’t get pregnant with any IUI rounds. Then we moved to IVF. I was on oral and injectable medication for 2 weeks and then we did my egg retrieval. 13 eggs were retrieved and 7 of them made it to embryos. I froze my embryos immediately and did genetic testing on my best 3. Once those results came out Dr. Olcha asked if I wanted to chose which embryo he implanted but I asked him to just use the best one. The embryo transfer was a breeze and two weeks later I went back in for a pregnancy blood test and Dr. Olcha called me that afternoon to let me know that I was pregnant!! Every week following for 3 weeks I went in for a sonogram then I moved to an OB. I am now 4 months pregnant with a healthy baby girl!! My remaining frozen embryos remain at a storage facility with New Hope.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nursing staff and technicians were amazing at New Hope! Always a smile on their face and answered any questions I had.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is very nice! The first time you go you head to the 3rd floor and it looks like a spa! Then you head up to the 4th floor (where you’ll be from here on out) as it’s where you’ll do all your blood work and procedures. There’s always hot coffee and some sort of cookie/biscuits out, calm music playing, and a beautiful view of Columbus Circle and Central Park. Not to mention it’s extremely clean!
Monitoring was very easy and most of the time very quick. I would try and get there early, you check in and then wait for your name to be called on the screen- you’re in and out in under an hour.
I wasn’t sure if I should do multiple or single embryo transfer... Dr. Olcha advised that because of my age and the fact I wasn’t looking to have twins that I should only do one. I am very happy I went with his advise!
2016 - 2020, Successful
The plan [with Dr. Merhi] was to use my own eggs w/ donor sperm...with Dr. Merhi, I began to feel supported and listened to. I began to realize I that if I brought more to the table (the right questions, etc.), he took the time with me, too, to explain things more clearly. When it came the for the egg retrievals, it was ONLY Dr. Merhi's that I felt ZERO pain. The other Dr.'s techniques, etc., I had a lot of pain during the procedures - no joke. After all the cycle efforts using my own eggs (always MY decision to make), I am the one who came to the hard realization that perhaps my eggs weren't viable. I took a break (mid-2017 to Fall 2019). When I returned to my efforts, I came in already knowing I was going to use a donor for eggs (& donor sperm). I o
Some of the blood drawers [at New Hope Fertility Center] weren't great (read: painful needle insertion!), and others - I felt nothing! Some of the sonogram technicians (NOT nurses) liked to pretend they really new a lot about medical needs/advice - which was not great for a "newbie" like me in the beginning of my journey...I received 2 conflicting emails from two different nurses. I wrote back immediately letting them know of the different info., and they got back to me right away with the corrected info...Sometimes - the billing dept. can be a bit cold and treat you like a number. I recommend taking care of billing stuff before the day of a major procedure (IUI, egg retrieval, IVF transfer, hysteroscopy, etc.). It can be a bit unnerving to deal with billing dept. the day of those emotional procedures. If your name com
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Any time I asked to see Dr. Merhi, I was scheduled in and able to do so. Only once was he not there and so his team scheduled a phone consult appt with him and he called the very next day. I specifically requested him to be the Dr. to perform my last/most recent IVF transfer with donor egg and sperm, and he made sure to schedule me with respect to his availability. He left no stone unturned to give me all the meds, scheduled appt.'s, consults, etc., to make sure we succeeded this time! I feel he took no issue with my age (47) and was 100% on my team with absolute assuredness we would succeed. If I had any questions, he would slowly spell everything out for me in a respectful way...even drawing pictures/charts for me in his office. We did succeed and he was genuinely SO happy for me!
Ask in the beginning what days Dr. Merhi is at the office location you prefer. He goes to two (I think) different locations every week. Be bold with requesting exactly what you need and ask every question you have! Make sure you ask to specifically meet with him. When you do monitoring during their daily hours (7am-12pm), I would get there on the earlier side if you hope to catch Dr. Merhi after your meetings with bloodwork/sonograms. It helps if you do your own research and have specific questions for him re: your own protocol and needs.
With Dr. Merhi, I felt listened to and respected. I felt he took the time (never rushing) with me to help me really understand every step. He helped me feel like no question was too "dumb" and he was very positive and encouraging. I read folks' energy very well and he was very sincere with me. He was not in it for the money and taking me for a ride. I felt supported and nurtured.
Describe the protocols Zaher Merhi used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I started at New Hope FC in 2016! I met with whomever whenever they were available as I had no idea what I was doing nor what to expect. For a while, I felt I was just a number and on an assembly line. That is, until I met with Dr. Merhi. I started in 2016 with mini-IVF protocol. The plan was to use my own eggs w/ donor sperm. I'll skip the methods used by some of the Dr.'s & go right to Merhi. The meds used for cycles, etc., were pretty much the same w/ all Dr.'s I was using along the way. However, with Dr. Merhi, I began to feel supported and listened to. I began to realize I that if I brought more to the table (the right questions, etc.), he took the time with me, too, to explain things more clearly. When it came the for the egg retrievals, it was ONLY Dr. Merhi's that I felt ZERO pain. The other Dr.'s techniques, etc., I had a lot of pain during the procedures - no joke. After all the cycle efforts using my own eggs (always MY decision to make), I am the one who came to the hard realization that perhaps my eggs weren't viable. I took a break (mid-2017 to Fall 2019). When I returned to my efforts, I came in already knowing I was going to use a donor for eggs (& donor sperm). I only requested Dr. Merhi (after prior experiences w/ other Dr.'s there). Full disclosure: after the time away, new Dr.'s were there as well. I have NO idea how some of them are. I can only attest to my comparison of Dr. Merhi with about 4 others there. I ONLY worked with Dr. Merhi this time around. And - to GREAT SUCCESS!! I am pregnant...1st trimester almost over. :-)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
It took many, many visits to realize who my favorites were, honestly. Some of the blood drawers weren't great (read: painful needle insertion!), and others - I felt nothing! Some of the sonogram technicians (NOT nurses) liked to pretend they really new a lot about medical needs/advice - which was not great for a "newbie" like me in the beginning of my journey. Make sure you are talking to a NURSE when you have questions. Also - if you get the feeling the nurse does not know the answer, ASK for a meeting with Dr. Merhi! Also- Dr. Merhi has a specific nurse team! Ask for the Merhi-Nurse Team email for emails communications (merhisupport@...). I definitely had my favorite nurses there. Sometimes, the nurses' lines re: my specific protocol were crossed and I had to confirm something 2 or 3 times with DIFFERENT nurses before getting Dr. Merhi's actual correct answer. This was mostly through several email exchanges and strategically CC'ing different nurses. Never apologize for needing an answer if you feel you're not getting what you need. Call! Email! Again, some nurses are way more experienced and clearly-spoken than others. You'll start to realize as you go along. Never hesitate to ask for a meeting with Dr. Merhi if you really need.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
You can feel assured that the Dr.'s at this clinic all know the latest techniques and strategies for protocol for each person's needs. There's a chance you'll feel a bit like you are on an assembly line at first. I can't stress enough - make your voice heard! Ask questions, and if someone doesn't know the answer, make a consult appt. with your chosen Dr. there. In my case, I chose Dr. Merhi - hands down. Sometimes - the billing dept. can be a bit cold and treat you like a number. I recommend taking care of billing stuff before the day of a major procedure (IUI, egg retrieval, IVF transfer, hysteroscopy, etc.). It can be a bit unnerving to deal with billing dept. the day of those emotional procedures. If your name comes up to visit billing - hopefully it's not on a major procedure day. If you know you need to pay for something and a major procedure is coming, just be proactive about taking care of it early. They WILL call you in on a procedure day and make you pay before the retrieval/transfer. Feels a bit cold, I must say. But - it's not free after all. Just recommending you take care of it before the DAY OF. It really helps if you read their website re: all the different levels of IVF, etc., and then make your list of questions going in for the very first consultation with a Dr. of your choice. If you need to, meet with 3 or 4 different Dr.'s in the beginning to see who you gel with.
Monitoring hours are very convenient! It is a well-oiled machine. Hours are 7am-12noon. The sooner you arrive, the less time you'll wait. The longest I've waited was about 30 minutes. That was only because I went in closer to 11-12pm time. They are a well-oiled machine. Once you arrive and check-in, you're in line in the order you came.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center.
The billing dept. is VERY good/trustworthy at trying to submit everything to your insurance first. Depending on what your coverage is, the costs of all procedures, monitoring, etc., are comparable to most places. They are reasonable in relation to other places, depending on what you're having done. Not going to lie -- it's EXPENSIVE. But - I feel we're a special case: in the end, after several efforts using my own eggs w/ IUI donor sperm and IVF, we chose to also go with an egg donor. I mean - I could have put this child (the one I'm pregnant with as I type!) through its first two years of college! Some of the meds were covered by my insurance - not all of them. Some of the procedures were covered by insurance - not all of them.
Describe Zaher Merhi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
I never talked about this with Dr. Merhi because my wife and I agreed that we'd only ever opt to have ONE embryo transferred at a time. We did not want to risk multiples. It was not ever a topic for Dr. Merhi and I.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
ONE time - only once - I received 2 conflicting emails from two different nurses. I wrote back immediately letting them know of the different info., and they got back to me right away with the corrected info.!
New Hope Fertility Center

He [Dr. Zaher Merhi] may not always be available as most doctors cannot be, but his staff is great at getting back to you. He does call and reach out which was great, as our previous doctor didn't typically do that. We felt he was also on point with all the new technology, studies, standards of practice etc and did not subscribe to anything that was not proven or did not have statistical significance...We did donor egg cycles What was different vs. other donor cycles I'd done at another facility was: addition of low dose prednisone, progesterone suppositories, no lupron, no lovenox, no birth control pills prior to cycle initiation, Estradiol throughout. On the second transfer, addition of 1 ml of progesterone sub q.
Most communication occurs via email. Additionally, New Hope was fairly priced and more reasonable than other clinics (which we GREATLY appreciated) and offered more advanced care. It can feel slightly cold or isolating, however, we didn't mind as we weren't there for the experience. We were there for results. And that is what we got!...The nurses are very good and there are several monitoring your progress. Most of the communication is via email. They are very responsive on email and if/when you prefer or need to speak live, they are there for you. Since I've gone through many cycles previously, I knew what to do, aske and expect.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Merhi reviewed my history and on our first visit knew immediately what the challenge was. He caught and diagnosed what was missed twice, by another very reputable IVF clinic. It was confirmed during surgery and he corrected the problem. We had gone through 11 unsuccessful IVF's and 3 IUI's at another facility and had just about every test imaginable. We were told there was nothing wrong but there obviously was and hadn't we seen Dr. Merhi, we believe we would never have discovered the true reason for the infertility. And now that is had been surgically corrected, we are pregnant!
Dr. Merhi is kind, compassionate, funny and extremely knowledgeable. He may not always be available as most doctors cannot be, but his staff is great at getting back to you. He does call and reach out which was great, as our previous doctor didn't typically do that. We felt he was also on point with all the new technology, studies, standards of practice etc and did not subscribe to anything that was not proven or did not have statistical significance.
Dr. Merhi was very kind, easy to speak with and made himself available when we had a question last minute on the day of the transfer. We felt and knew he had our best interest at heart from the moment we met him and were confident in his knowledge, experience and diagnosis.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
New Hope was very different for us versus the previous clinic we worked with. It is very fast paced, technologically advanced, and reminds me of the military in the respect that they have everything down to a science. Most communication occurs via email. Additionally, New Hope was fairly priced and more reasonable than other clinics (which we GREATLY appreciated) and offered more advanced care. It can feel slightly cold or isolating, however, we didn't mind as we weren't there for the experience. We were there for results. And that is what we got!
The costs for self pay were more reasonable and fair than other clinics in other states. Also, I was delighted that we did not have to pay for everything up front all at once as we had to do at another clinic. They have a fair pricing and payment structure.
Due to my age, Dr. Merhi advised on single embryo transfer. He educated us fully on the risks so we could make an educated decision.
New Hope Fertility Center

my husband and I ALWAYS felt that we were respected and treated well by Dr. Merhi...Speaking directly with Dr. Merhi always felt very personal -- he is honest, but also has excellent bedside manners...you'll always have to wait a while to consult with him and he doesn't have a lot of time...with every one of these "setbacks", Dr. Merhi implemented some kind of solution-oriented strategy to try to obtain a better outcome. Sometimes this meant just continuing medication and waiting a few days for the situation to change, and in other times it was really about building the best possible conditions for a successful transfer. I
One definitely develops preferences for some of the nurses over others [at New Hope Fertility Center]. I am extremely grateful to one sonographer who managed to carefully inspect my results and discovered that I would need to have a hysteroscopy to remove a growth before the FET...I almost always received my "instructions" after the monitoring sessions. However, there was one occasion in which I didn't receive any instructions because they essentially forgot to email me that day. This caused me to delay taking certain medications, which I should have started taking the night they forgot to email me.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
We initially began the IVF journey at the New Hope clinic with another doctor. However, my OBGYN doctor had recommended Dr. Merhi, and I had felt put off by some of the communication with the other doctor, so we decided to switch to Dr. Merhi. I am so grateful that we did. Along our journey, there were definitely unexpected twists and turns -- a smaller number of eggs than expected reacting to the stimulation medication, a need for me to have a hysteroscopy done, uterine lining not thickening up to the desired level by the scheduled date. While we had direct consultations with Dr. Merhi at only some of these junctures, with every one of these "setbacks", Dr. Merhi implemented some kind of solution-oriented strategy to try to obtain a better outcome. Sometimes this meant just continuing medication and waiting a few days for the situation to change, and in other times it was really about building the best possible conditions for a successful transfer. I knew that he was personally checking my charts after every monitoring session I had, so I felt personally cared for. I am a firm believer in doing my own research and making sure that as a patient, I always advocate for myself. I also knew that I could express my worries or doubts to Dr. Merhi and his responses were always honest, but comforting. Is the IVF science perfected for pregnancy to be guaranteed each time? Of course not. But having a doctor who is truly your cheerleader and doing their best to strategize the best scientific road to success is crucial.
Dr. Merhi is busy, busy, busy. There is always a line out the door of patients out the door to see him. If you choose to be treated by Dr. Merhi, I would suggest: - Communicate! Be open about what are your concerns are with your cycle. - Do your own research and always advocate for yourself! Prepare your own questions so you can best make use of the time at the in-person consultations. - Don't be discouraged if you can't always see him in person. We would occasionally see other doctors for consultations just for questions or concerns, if we couldn't see him.
Speaking directly with Dr. Merhi always felt very personal -- he is honest, but also has excellent bedside manners, which I believe is super important during the entire stressful IVF process (especially since I found myself very sensitive every step of the way!). Dr. Merhi is one of the most in-demand doctors at the clinic, which means you'll always have to wait a while to consult with him and he doesn't have a lot of time. However, my husband and I ALWAYS felt that we were respected and treated well by Dr. Merhi. It always felt worth the wait just to be reassured by him, and to really feel that he was (is) genuinely determined to help us obtain success in our IVF journey.
During the retrieval cycles, we used birth control pills, letrozole and Clomid pills, as well as Gonal-F and Cetrotide injections. My second cycle (which was when we had switched to Dr. Merhi) produced better results than the first cycle (with another doctor). I actually asked to be placed on a higher medication dose because I felt that the dosage in the first cycle wasn't stimulating enough follicles -- Dr. Merhi prescribed a higher dose of the Gonal-F and added in some of the other pills, and we were able to retrieve more eggs and create more embryos the second time around. Regarding transfer, I had one failed FET and one successful FET. Leading up to the first FET, I was taking Prometrium (progesterone). After the first failure, Dr. Merhi expanded the medication protocol to include Progesterone in oil injections, a small dosage of Prednisone and baby aspirin. I believe that these medications helped my body to be more prepared to successfully accept the second FET.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
You'll see the nurses for your regular monitoring -- drawing blood and sonograms. The nurses are often rotating so on occasion I would see a few nurses that I recognized and had grown friendly with. Some nurses are not as friendly -- some are colder and just trying to "get it done". However, this made me appreciate more the few nurses/sonographers who were just more sensitive to my situation, taking care to look carefully at the results, and to answer my questions. One definitely develops preferences for some of the nurses over others. I am extremely grateful to one sonographer who managed to carefully inspect my results and discovered that I would need to have a hysteroscopy to remove a growth before the FET.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strengths: - More friendly pricing (we found it cheaper than other clinics) - Flexible monitoring windows that can accommodate different schedules - Convenient location at Columbus Circle, emailing instructions (instead of calling -- really awkward to take those calls in public!). Weaknesses: - You won't see your doctor each time you come in to monitor (unless you wait after monitoring) as you are monitored by the nurses - No one explains what to expect for normal procedures prior to that day (ie I wanted to know exactly what to expect on egg retrieval day or transfer day) so if you're interested in knowing beforehand, make sure you schedule a consultation to ask a staff member directly what to expect. - Sometimes we would be waiting for a consultation with the doctor, and the doctor's nurse support staff (not the monitoring nurses) would try to field our questions instead of letting us see the doctor directly... when this happened, we often felt really dissatisfied with the nurses' answers -- and often they were not consistent with the doctor's answers! Again, my advice is to always advocate for yourself, and insist on seeing the doctor even if the nurses are trying to get you out the door. If you advocate for yourself, then I believe you will have a good experience. Notes: The clinic is, as are many of the doctors, busy busy busy. You can be a human, or you can be just a number. I think that part of it really depends on how you advocate for yourself.
It's a pretty efficient monitoring system. Most of the time I was able to be in and out (bloodwork and sonogram) within 20-40 minutes. Once in a while, the wait was so long and I had to check in with the front desk again to make sure they didn't forget about me. Make sure to not be afraid to check in again if you feel that you've been waiting longer than 30 minutes for bloodwork.
We paid out of pocket for costs as our insurance would not cover any of it. Costs, with medication, ran around $10,000 - $12,000 per retrieval cycle. The FET is around $3000. It helped to get medication for a pharmacy recommended to me by a friend (Medcal Pharmacy), which had a special discount with patients from New Hope and also delivered the medications straight to my door, free of charge.
I was told that it was safer for a woman at my age to transfer one embryo. Personally, my husband and I weren't interested in transferring more than that at one time, so we were already on board with Dr. Merhi's approach to eSET.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
I almost always received my "instructions" after the monitoring sessions. However, there was one occasion in which I didn't receive any instructions because they essentially forgot to email me that day. This caused me to delay taking certain medications, which I should have started taking the night they forgot to email me. I had to initiate asking the clinic why I didn't receive any information, in order for them to finally provide me with them. At another point, the nurses gave me different instructions for continuing / stopping medications than what the doctor told me. (Obviously I went in to speak directly to the doctor to clarify the situation and clearly took the doctor's advice over the nurses'.)
New Hope Fertility Center
my protocol for egg retrieval [with Dr. Zaher Merhi] I was on gonal f, cetrotide, and clomid the two weeks leading up to my retrieval (all low doses)...always explained the process clearly and compassionately. He listened to my questions and answered them with care and thoughtfulness. Any time I wanted to see him he made time for me. He was kind and gentle with his delivery of all types of news...When monitoring you may not see him as often, but he is still absolutely pouring over the data and making smart decisions based on what he sees. Trust his judgement.
The nurses [at New Hope Fertility] were incredible. Responsive, thoughtful, and detailed in responses. The nurses drawing blood in the lab were the best I’ve ever worked with. Now when I get blood drawn elsewhere I realize how truly special they were...Monitoring hours were a little tricky for me because I had to be at work by 8:00 am as a teacher. However, if I arrived around 6:45 I was never late to work and ready to leave the clinic by 7:40.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Merhi was always so kind and encouraging. Even when I got news that wasn’t so great (when I learned of my low AMH, failed iuis, etc) he presented information clearly but when a gentleness that made me feel like he always cared deeply about our goals of growing our family. When our transfer worked he shared in our joy and excitement.
Do not feel the need to interpret every test result- Dr. Merhi will let you know if levels are abnormal or of concern. When monitoring you may not see him as often, but he is still absolutely pouring over the data and making smart decisions based on what he sees. Trust his judgement.
Dr. Merhi always explained the process clearly and compassionately. He listened to my questions and answered them with care and thoughtfulness. Any time I wanted to see him he made time for me. He was kind and gentle with his delivery of all types of news.
In my protocol for egg retrieval I was on gonal f, cetrotide, and clomid the two weeks leading up to my retrieval (all low doses). For my transfer I followed the procedure with taking estradiol orally and suppositories of progesterone.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nurses were incredible. Responsive, thoughtful, and detailed in responses. The nurses drawing blood in the lab were the best I’ve ever worked with. Now when I get blood drawn elsewhere I realize how truly special they were.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
This clinic runs like a well oiled machine. It is organized, sparkling clean, and incredible accessible to patients. The downside is that sometimes it is so busy it can be overwhelming. I would tell new patients not to be intimidated but the wait screen or sheer volume of patients. Expect waits that are not terribly long, but be prepared to make exceptions sometimes. If you go early in the morning you can turn around within 30-45 min.
We’ve paid under 3,000 in total for both the egg retrieval and transfers.
New Hope Fertility Center
Dr. Zhang used Clomid with me for all of the cycles...recommended a single 5day embryo transfer and that is what we did...During initial consult, Dr. Zhang went over the treatment plan, which was just going with my natural cycles and using Clomid to control timing of ovulation. Dr. Zhang told us we’d be pregnant in 6 months. We went through 6 retrievals with 4 viable embryos. Had the first transfer with a 5day frozen embryo and got a BFP! I am now 33 weeks along with a baby girl and have 3 more embryos on ice. I call Dr. Zhang our miracle worker
Monitoring hours [at New Hope Fertility Center] are 7am-1 or 2pm. Was in and out every time I went in. You get the blood work done, go back into the waiting area and are called in for sono moments later...The clinic’s strengths are: 1. Convenient hours for monitoring 2. Cost - cost of IVF cycle is the same as cost of IUI cycle in other practices 3. Treatment plans are truly based on the patient 4. Clinic is very well organized (everyone is on the same page) 5. Easy access to doctors 6. Clear and concise treatment plan and instructions 7. Facility is clean and well maintained 8. All parts of the treatment, from consult to embryo transfers are in the same location No weaknesses
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
After being told by a different doctor that we would have to use donor eggs in order to get pregnant, despite me being 33 years old and having gotten pregnant with my 2 other children without a problem, we did more research and found New Hope and Dr. Zhang. During initial consult, Dr. Zhang went over the treatment plan, which was just going with my natural cycles and using Clomid to control timing of ovulation. Dr. Zhang told us we’d be pregnant in 6 months. We went through 6 retrievals with 4 viable embryos. Had the first transfer with a 5day frozen embryo and got a BFP! I am now 33 weeks along with a baby girl and have 3 more embryos on ice. I call Dr. Zhang our miracle worker
Be patient with the treatment plan
Dr. Zhang used Clomid with me for all of the cycles
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
All of the nursing staff were very friendly, compassionate and responsive to questions and concerns
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Monitoring hours are 7am-1 or 2pm. Was in and out every time I went in. You get the blood work done, go back into the waiting area and are called in for sono moments later
The cost can’t be beat. Cost of an IVF cycle with Dr. Zhang is close to cost of IUI cycle at other practices
Dr. Zhang recommended a single 5day embryo transfer and that is what we did.
New Hope Fertility Center
I wanted twins but again Dr Zang wanted me to be a mother and focus on that by only putting one in. The risks are too high with 2 and he made sure to give me the pro and cons of it...He’s forward thinking and has the capacity to show empathy but also be truthful and weight out all options with you. He’s a man who doesn’t work on taking your money but giving you the results you both desire. A baby. I have nothing but praise and awe for Dr Zang. He is the future of IVF.
[New Hope Fertility Center is] Clean and comfortable. Its also great at not letting you wait too long for scans, bloods and results. I think a new patient should be ready to have several doctors see you as well as nurses. The care is brilliant but if you are looking for a clinic that will designate you one nurse and one doctor, then this is not the place for you. However every doctor at NH is exceptional and very experienced so you won’t mind if you end up seeing most of them.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr Zang is a realistic Dr. He’s forward thinking and has the capacity to show empathy but also be truthful and weight out all options with you. He’s a man who doesn’t work on taking your money but giving you the results you both desire. A baby. I have nothing but praise and awe for Dr Zang. He is the future of IVF.
Be prepared to hear what you may not want to hear. Dr Zang is a realistic and will only help you and give you solutions he can deliver. Not everyone wants to hear the truth but Dr Zang is about delivering just that.
The care and attention was phenomenal. Everyone was realistic and caring. I’m so thankful that we choose NH fertility
Mini no invasive cycles. Small doses of drugs. Dr Zang is about quality not quantity of egg reterivels.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Wonderful all of them. So much so i was scared to leave the clinic as i was sure other nurses wouldn't be so kind
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The costs are not cheap but get the results you require.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
My medication was not sent quick enough so I had to chase.
New Hope Fertility Center
Dr. Merhi was very patient and understanding of my circumstance and ultimately what I had gone through and what I was planning to endure to have a baby. He shared different information with me and had a sense of enthusiasm to work along with me, which encouraged me even more. I would have like to have had more one-on-one time through-out my journey...I underwent a mini-IVF, which we utilized letrozole, Chlomid, and injectable hormones prior to the egg retrieval. After the retrieval I was placed on a low dosage of Estradiol and progesterone.
My overall experience [at New Hope Fertility Center] was great and I do not really have any complaints. From the setting to the ambiance to the service to the state of the art equipment, I was really impressed and pleased. I would not change anything about the clinic. I do not see any weaknesses as of today...The nurses and doctors were quick and thorough with their responses, which allowed me to not stress about the process...
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
You may not get enough one-on-one time
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Joanna Tudisco)
98% of the nurses were extremely helpful and responsive to my questions and concerns especially after my egg retrieval and embryo transfer. Joanna Tudisco by far was the most accommodating and thoughtful nurse when I emailed her over 5/6 different times concerning my bloating. The team as a whole is one of the best and I would surely recommend them to my friend/family member.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
My overall experience was great and I do not really have any complaints. From the setting to the ambiance to the service to the state of the art equipment, I was really impressed and pleased. I would not change anything about the clinic. I do not see any weaknesses as of today.
No Comment
My costs equated to approximately 5K between doctor visits, actual IVF, medications, and copays
No comment
New Hope Fertility Center

He [Dr. John Zhang] is straight to business. He's also incredibly intelligent. When we had complex issues with how to create a value proposition to my insurance, he was nuanced and sharp enough to help me do that...Trust the process but if something feels off then ask and ask until you get an answer...didn't say we'll use this protocol or that one (and honestly, I didn't ask) other than mini-IVF...I don't care if I'm a number or a human. I now have a baby. All I care (and cared about) were results. They could do a better job treating me like a human - but it didn't bother me.
They [staff at New Hope Fertility Center] told me the genders of the embryos by mistake when I had asked them not to tell me. I consider this a minor clinical error, but a major moral error...Everybody would wait in line based on clinic arrival time [during monitoring]...spacious, accommodating, great hours. Trust the process. Don't worry about seeing a doctor each time - it will take them away from what they are really good at, which is studying the data to determine the best course of action for your cycle.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
My doctor is the best there is, hands down. He is straight to business. He's also incredibly intelligent. When we had complex issues with how to create a value proposition to my insurance, he was nuanced and sharp enough to help me do that.
Zhang didn't say we'll use this protocol or that one (and honestly, I didn't ask) other than mini-IVF.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
They're great but understaffed.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Great - spacious, accommodating, great hours. Trust the process. Don't worry about seeing a doctor each time - it will take them away from what they are really good at, which is studying the data to determine the best course of action for your cycle.
Everybody would wait in line based on clinic arrival time.
~$20k all in
None
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
They told me the genders of the embryos by mistake when I had asked them not to tell me. I consider this a minor clinical error, but a major moral error.
New Hope Fertility Center
Dr. Zhang recommended a hysteroscopy and when it came back positive we found why my three other transfer at another clinic were not taking. After taking antibiotics we proceeded with our transfer ... Unlike my previous doctor, Dr. Zhang treated me as an individual and not like all other women. I liked that very much. ... I’m so glad I went for a second opinion and I’m so glad I joined New Hope!!
When I walked into New Hope I knew this was going to be different for me. I was treated like an individual and not like ALL the other women. ... I’m so glad I went for a second opinion and I’m so glad I joined New Hope!! ... The office is warm and inviting and a true positive space. I don’t have anything negative to say about this facility.... and I’ve recommended New Hope to many people and I will continue to do so!
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
When I walked into New Hope I knew this was going to be different for me. I was treated like an individual and not like ALL the other women. Dr. Zhang recommended a hysteroscopy and when it came back positive we found why my three other transfer at another clinic were not taking. After taking antibiotics we proceeded with our transfer and IT WORKED!!! I have a beautiful healthy and strong daughter and now pregnant with identical twins and I owe it ALL to Dr. Zhang and his amazing team!!!! I’m so glad I went for a second opinion and I’m so glad I joined New Hope!! Thank you for giving me my perfect family!
Trust him and his team!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nurses that I dealt with were very compassionate and kind. And great at their job!!
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
I love how they treat us women as individuals. The office is warm and inviting and a true positive space. I don’t have anything negative to say about this facility.... and I’ve recommended New Hope to many people and I will continue to do so!
To be honest I do not remember
New Hope Fertility Center
single embryo transfer [with Dr. Jennifer Kulp Makarov]...She is very friendly and always shows up with energetic smile. She is so humble and knows her patients...her strength: Shes precise, knowledgeable , very skilled , very friendly, humble, and so passionate about her job. She obviously knows her work and knows what she is doing. She is so quick to give details and handle the patient. She is never hesitant!...she used mini IVF treatment with minimum medications
It [New Hope Fertility Center] is very nice and welcoming clinic. It is so clean and set to have patients feel relaxed and comfortable. I like that they have easy to reach location with a nice view. They are in a very quiet and nice neighborhood...used mini IVF treatment with minimum medications...very organized, friendly and humble [nursing staff]...single embryo transfer [with Dr. Jennifer Kulp Makarov]...She is very friendly and always shows up with energetic smile. She is so humble a
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center?
To keep up the good job she is doing!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Jennifer Kulp Makarov used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
she used mini IVF treatment with minimum medications
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
very organized, friendly and humble
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
It is very nice and welcoming clinic. It is so clean and set to have patients feel relaxed and comfortable. I like that they have easy to reach location with a nice view. They are in a very quiet and nice neighborhood
it was normal costs
Describe Jennifer Kulp Makarov's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
single embryo transfer