4.3
4.3

6.3
6.3

4 Columbus Circle

Dr. Olcha loves what he does, he's extremely talented at it, but above all else he truly cares about his patients and their outcomes. He is patient, honest, thorough, and proactive. He is an excellent communicator. We feel like he is a part of our family now, and can't imagine going through any future cycles without being under his care...He provided his personal email and we were able to communicate as needed (though I tried to be respectful and not inundate him). He was the first doctor to call me after a procedure to check in and make sure I was feeling ok. Even on his days out of the office he was responsive to emails if they were urgent. I was really able to let go of my fears and just trust him, and I got the impression all of his patients feel the exact same way. He is a rare find and is invested in every patient and their future family as if it's an extension of his own family. He is stuck with us a
I had been given conflicting information about the status of my embryos [at New Hope Fertility Center]...The nurses are wonderful. I had one instance of the wrong drug information being communicated which probably had more to do with different doctor's taking over my chart after an egg retrieval than a nurse error...takes lots of insurances and doesn't balance bill, so they are one of the more affordable options as far as I have heard. I think there are enough doctors that no matter what you are dealing with, your background, or your concerns, you can find a doctor that is a good fit for you. I wish I had spoken to a couple doctors before getting started because I probably would have gone with Dr. Olcha right away and had a much better experience throughout. I am sure there are doctors at the clinic just as loved by others for different reasons (though I maintain he is a gem!!)
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
I think I already covered this in the last question. But to add a little more colour, I grew up a physician's daughter and was treated in my father's medical community by his colleagues until I was an adult. I was used to doctors treating me like their own daughter. Now of course as I independently navigate the health sphere I understand just how rare it is to find a doctor who treats you like family, especially when you're a perfect stranger. Dr. Olcha loves what he does, he's extremely talented at it, but above all else he truly cares about his patients and their outcomes. He is patient, honest, thorough, and proactive. He is an excellent communicator. We feel like he is a part of our family now, and can't imagine going through any future cycles without being under his care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Ask for him first.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Where to begin. I had seen three other doctors at the same clinic as every time I had a procedure, whoever was assigned to perform it that day sort of took me over. All of the doctors were professional and knowledgable, but it weren't a good fit for me personally, especially because being passed around lead to errors in communication, resulting in the wrong medication being prescribed, an extremely painful endoscopy without any pain medication, and other unpleasantries. I was feeling very disheartened and beginning to lose trust. Dr. Olcha went above and beyond from day one. He immediately reassured me that things were indeed on track even though I had been given conflicting information about the status of my embryos after NICS (he is the Director of NICS so I went with his opinion in the end!). He provided his personal email and we were able to communicate as needed (though I tried to be respectful and not inundate him). He was the first doctor to call me after a procedure to check in and make sure I was feeling ok. Even on his days out of the office he was responsive to emails if they were urgent. I was really able to let go of my fears and just trust him, and I got the impression all of his patients feel the exact same way. He is a rare find and is invested in every patient and their future family as if it's an extension of his own family. He is stuck with us as long as we need a reproductive endocrinologist for as long as he is practicing!
Describe the protocols Meir Olcha used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
By the time I switched to Dr. Olcha, it was in time for my first transfer. There was some debate about whether to go for a third IVF cycle/egg retrieval because we hope for a large family, but ultimately we decided to do the transfer after two cycles. So far so good!
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
I think this is very personal. The waiting room is extremely diverse. Infertility effects everyone and I was happy to see everyone comfortable coming to the same place for treatment. NHFC takes lots of insurances and doesn't balance bill, so they are one of the more affordable options as far as I have heard. I think there are enough doctors that no matter what you are dealing with, your background, or your concerns, you can find a doctor that is a good fit for you. I wish I had spoken to a couple doctors before getting started because I probably would have gone with Dr. Olcha right away and had a much better experience throughout. I am sure there are doctors at the clinic just as loved by others for different reasons (though I maintain he is a gem!!)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center.
We had amazing insurance and were incredibly grateful. I honestly don't have a sense of what we spent out of pocket because the overwhelming majority was covered and then we weren't balance billed.
Describe Meir Olcha's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
I can't speak to this but we transferred one embryo.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
I have several drug allergies and when I was passed between doctors, it was like they hadn't even read my chart. It was clear from their questions they did not even know the cause of our infertility. I was given BC for another retrieval round even though I was headed for transfer and since I'm so drug sensitive I had horrible headaches for days for no reason. Just frustrated me at the time on top of everything else and just the general stress of all the meds and hormones. I was never informed I had "switched" doctors (I hadn't), so when a new doctor who had been assigned to do my egg retrieval then ordered an endosee and spent all of 10 seconds explaining what was involved, I trusted them to move forward with this plan and assumed it was routine/ordered by the primary doctor overseeing my care. I will spare you the details, but the endosee, which we could not complete, was traumatic for me and the most pain I have ever felt in my life. In my opinion, the doctor took the procedure much too far witnessing the level of pain I was struggling with, and did not even return to the room to check on me afterwards even though I was sobbing. Given my history it should have never been performed without sedation (both my retrievals were under anesthesia) and it was clear to the primary doctor overseeing my care that I could not take vicoden or valium (allergic) which were offered to me the morning of... thus I was not administered anything for pain at all. Being offered these meds was my first tip that this was not a mild procedure (and that again important details about my medical history weren't coming up at critical times) and I felt extremely ill prepared going in. Looking back I still can't believe it happened. You do have to be flexible because your retrievals and transfers have to be timed perfectly and you get who is assigned that day, but you really need to learn to advocate for yourself and not hesitate to ask questions, raise eyebrows, trust your gut, and reiterate things about your unique case to make sure nothing falls through the cracks. Eventually Dr. Olcha performed a hysteroscopy on me under anesthesia. He discovered mild cervical stenosis, tried a water ultrasound, sono (I think), and performed a mock transfer to make sure that on the day of it would be smooth sailing. I was so grateful for his patience and it felt like he went above and beyond even though what he encountered was trickier than he expected. I felt so relieved and that he maximized the opportunity to explore my condition during a single procedure.

2020, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Makarov] seemed to rarely remember me between visits, perhaps because I was an out of town patient who didn't monitor with her but did it locally where I live...The cycle that my eggs both failed to fertilize, she didn't even contact me for 2 weeks. Every time I had an appointment for a call, she called late, or changed the time, or called when I couldn't talk
[New Hope Fertility Center was] Covered by insurance, except PGT-A testing ($850/embryo), sperm freezing ($400), sedation for retrievals ($650)...They [nurses] email you with bad news, no "sorry to tell you this", no compassion, no care. They seem overly busy...They are efficient, but that gives an assrmbly-line feel. They are cheaper than other clinics, and were covered by my insurance, and were willing to work with an older (>43yo) patient which is why I stuck with them.
How was your experience with Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center?
I think many of the issues stem from the fact that she has too many patients to be able to even remember them, but she gives no indication that she's at all invested in your success. I feel like she could not give one hoot if I get pregnant, or not. The cycle that my eggs both failed to fertilize, she didn't even contact me for 2 weeks. Every time I had an appointment for a call, she called late, or changed the time, or called when I couldn't talk. If I suggested a treatment, she'd say "oh, I guess you can try that" - I am not the expert, I need your expertise to advise me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center?
Pick another doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center?
She seemed to rarely remember me between visits, perhaps because I was an out of town patient who didn't monitor with her but did it locally where I live. When she would call me, once she started talking about something that we had already discussed, and another time she seemed to think I was a new consult and said "how did you hear about us?".. umm I've been coming to you for 6 months, Doc.
Describe the protocols Jennifer Kulp Makarov used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Mini IVF with clomid, letrozole, follistim, ganirelix, HCG trigger. Always 150 units follistim. Sometimes birth control, sometimes orilissa to prime. Did some luteal phase retrievals. Retrieved between 1 and 5 eggs each retrieval. Zero normal embryos. INitially they recommends NICS (non invasive chromosome testing) for embryo abnormalities, but then they decided that is not accurate and changed to recommending send-out biopsies. I tried to retest 2 embryos which were NICS tested, and one disintegrated with thawing and was thrown out.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Different people email you all the time, often with contradictory instructions. They told me to take birth control, which I cannot do, and then said oh take this other med then (but I didn't have it, and you can't get it at a regular pharmacy). They email you with bad news, no "sorry to tell you this", no compassion, no care. They seem overly busy.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
They seem too money-hungry. I feel they let you just keep cycling over and over without changing things and don't really care if you get pregnant or not, as long as you're paying. They are quite robotic and impersonable. They are efficient, but that gives an assrmbly-line feel. They are cheaper than other clinics, and were covered by my insurance, and were willing to work with an older (>43yo) patient which is why I stuck with them.
Efficient and fast.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center.
Describe Jennifer Kulp Makarov's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
They offered to transfer multiple due to my age and abnormal embryos.

2020, Unsuccessful
We sadly did not feel like a patient or like a human while treated by Dr. Makarov. I don't think she remembered the details about my case or situation. I often had to remind her of my situation. I very rarely saw her during office visits...[she] called me hours late for phone appointments...Multiple times, I would find out that the "plan" and course of treatment we had agreed upon, was no longer an option and was completely off the table
The office [at New Hope Fertility Center] unfortunately did not stagger monitoring appointments...Many of us would arrive around 6am and wait outside until the building was unlocked, then wait in the lobby to take the elevator upstairs, then wait in the waiting area...very disingenuous in the claims they make about treatment options and then the actual treatment they put you through
The first time we met with Dr. Makarov in a consultation, she seemed gentle which I really appreciated. She walked us through her suggestions for treatment and highlighted some of the treatments and procedures that her practice was known for and some things they were "pioneering". We were really drawn to the non-invasive and gentle way they claimed to approach infertility treatments. Initially she claimed, that I would only take oral medications and then 1-3 injections total for an egg retrieval cycle. She explained a new fertilization process that they use that is less invasive to the egg when injecting it with the sperm. And she explained that they only use local anesthesia for egg retrievals which is more gentle on the women's body as you don't have to be completely knocked out. I was really drawn to all of these claims as my partner and I have MFI and I am fairly young so I didn't feel that I needed the most invasive and intense treatment right away. Sadly, every single one of the claims Dr. Makarov made ended up being false and I didn't find out until right before the course of treatment or procedure. For example, right before I began my egg retrieval cycle, I was told I would actually be doing multiple injections/day. I was confused as I had been told there would only be oral medication plus 1-3 injections toward the end of the cycle. At that point, I wasn't too upset and I followed all the instructions of course. Then, a couple days before the egg retrieval procedure, I asked about the less invasive form of fertilization that Dr. Makarov had claimed we could utilize and she said "oh that is just experimental; we can't do that". I was really caught off guard as this was one of the primary reasons we had even selected this clinic, but since we were just a couple days out from the procedure, we moved forward. Then I went to sign the paperwork for the anesthesia for the procedure and I asked if I could do local anesthesia as Dr. Makarov had described to me. The nurse responded by saying "I don't think you'll be able to tolerate the pain; you should just get fully knocked out". I was again completely taken off guard and now I was too scared to do local anesthesia only after this nurse told me the pain would be unbearable so I of course opted for full anesthesia. The first egg retrieval cycle completely failed. We retrieved 11 eggs but 0 made it to blastocyst. We had thought that we would perhaps switch up my treatment plan for the next cycle since the first one completely failed. And when I spoke to Dr. Makarov on the phone, she said that we would do things differently. But when the time came around, they put me on the exact same treatment plan and medication list as the first time. I tried to keep asking why we weren't switching things up like Dr. Makarov said we were going to, but I was just told "this is what Dr. Makarov is prescribing you." It made me feel like she completely forgot about my previous cycle and my situation as a whole. The day of the second egg retrieval was extremely upsetting and stressful and was the "final straw" for us in deciding to switch clinics and doctors. The entire cycle leading up to the second egg retrieval, I had been trying to stress that we would like to use a different vial of frozen sperm from my husband to inseminate the eggs. My husband froze sperm before his cancer treatment and that was what we were using for IVF. The first egg retrieval cycle (which failed), the lab used one vial of sperm and none of the eggs made it to blastocyst. I wanted them to use a different vial of sperm for the second retrieval as we had no shortage of vials and we felt that there was no point to keep trying with a vial that obviously hadn't worked from the first cycle. The embryologists really wanted to just keep using the first vial again. I believe their thinking was they wanted to preserve the vials of sperm for us for future use but we have 20+ vials frozen so we were comfortable using a second vial for this cycle. But the embryologists essentially put their foot down and refused to use a second vial. I had to try to get Dr. Makarov to intervene and speak to the embryologists on our behalf so that they would follow the instructions and use a second vial. The morning of the retrieval, I was thrown back and forth between nurses and staff trying to explain what we needed and trying to get Dr. Makarov to instruct the embryologists downstairs in the lab. Dr. Makarov completely avoided us and wouldn't speak with us. Finally, one of the PAs made a phone call and then rushed me back downstairs as my procedure was scheduled to begin in 5 minutes. It was just a really stressful way to go into a procedure and we felt that we couldn't trust the staff at the clinic or the lab after that. As I mentioned, that was the final straw that led us to switch doctors and clinics. Dr. Makarov didn't perform either of my egg retrievals.
I truly can't recommend that anyone see Dr. Makarov. Luckily there are lots of other great fertility doctors in the New York City area and I hope that any prospective patients will take these reviews into consideration when making their decision. Don't be swayed by their claims of new and non-invasive treatments as they do not follow through.
We sadly did not feel like a patient or like a human while treated by Dr. Makarov. I don't think she remembered the details about my case or situation. I often had to remind her of my situation. I very rarely saw her during office visits - perhaps two times after the initial consultation over the course of 4 months. And the couple times that I did see her in the office, she was very rushed and unorganized and didn't seem to know what was going on with my cycle. She gave me a lot of contradicting information which was really frustrating and hurtful. Multiple times, I would find out that the "plan" and course of treatment we had agreed upon, was no longer an option and was completely off the table. Essentially, the reasons that I picked this clinic, ended up not being options. I felt tricked and manipulated and had I known they were going to backtrack on most of their claims, I wouldn't have come to this clinic in the first place. I do understand that there has to be a high level of flexibility with these types of treatments as you are being monitored and as the doctors see how things are progressing. But overall, I felt that Dr. Makarov and this clinic were very disingenuous in the claims they make about treatment options and then the actual treatment they put you through. Aside from visits in person, I was also dissatisfied with the way I was treated when I had phone appointments set up with Dr. Makarov. She would frequently call me up to 8+ hours late and made me feel like I was an inconvenience. Once when I tried to ask follow up questions following a failed procedure, she told me she couldn't answer any detailed questions because she was driving. It was hard to work my full-time job when I was constantly waiting on a phone call that was pushed and pushed throughout the entire day.
For both my egg retrievals with Dr. Makarov, I was on Clomid (oral), Letrazol (oral), and Gonal-F (injection). I triggered with Ovidrel once and Lupron once. I also took Orilissa to prevent premature ovulation.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
I concluded that the nursing staff was simply too overworked and overbooked to do a good job. They were incredibly unorganized and made a lot of mistakes but I truly think think this is because they were overworked and understaffed. Every morning for monitoring, there would only be one nurse in charge of doing the blood work for every single woman who came in. And they didn't stagger appointment times for blood work. It's just first come, first serve. So everyone would arrive at 6am, stand outside until the building doors opened at 6:30am, then stand in the lobby and wait for the elevators, then go upstairs and wait in the waiting area. I think that they simply had too many patients at one time because I would often have to wait up to two hours just for routine bloodwork and monitoring. The one nurse who was in charge of bloodwork for everyone was awesome. She was so quick and kind and attentive. But she was just way too overworked and they should have had 3-4 nurses doing her job. There was plenty of space for more; there were 3 chairs for drawing blood but they only ever used one. Otherwise, the nursing staff all seem like nice people but they just must be poorly informed because I would often receive incorrect instructions related to my medications from my nurse! And I would have to call her out and remind her that Dr. Makarov had actually said I would be taking another medicine. And she would say "Oh yes, ok take that medicine then." I did not feel that they were thorough or organized.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Overall, the clinic's biggest weakness and the reason we decided to switch to a different clinic/doctor is that they do not follow through on the things they claim. Additionally, it would be great if they could be a bit more organized in regards to appointment times to cut down on the hours of waiting for routine monitoring appointments. And finally, the communication was really non-existent. Very hard to get responses out of anyone and unclear who I should be reaching out to with questions.
The office unfortunately did not stagger monitoring appointments, so a large group of women would show up quite early in an attempt to get in early. Many of us would arrive around 6am and wait outside until the building was unlocked, then wait in the lobby to take the elevator upstairs, then wait in the waiting area. The longest I waited for monitoring was 2 hours.
I believe that Dr. Makarov recommends single embryo transfer which is what I wanted and so I was happy with approach.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
A few more specific area of pain were... * it was very difficult to get this clinic to send my records over to my new clinic when I decided to switch. I had to call for weeks to try to get through to the right person who could fax over my records and I was frequently referred back and forth between departments. * I was instructed to take the wrong trigger medication and I had to correct the nurse. * Dr. Makarov called me hours late for phone appointments. I do understand that as a doctor, her schedule isn't always predictable. But I think if she is going to call 8+ hours after our scheduled phone appointment time, the office should notify the patient so they aren't waiting on the call.
New Hope Fertility Center
I trust [Dr. Makarov's] intellect and experience, but felt in the dark quite often about why things were being done the way they were. I liked knowing what was happening and would have to bother the nurses to explain everything...Also, being 42 I don't think the doctor advised me accurately from the start at how slim the chances were of having good enough eggs and embryos without abnormalities. She is skilled and intelligent, and great at her job, but could have let us know how small the chances were before we got into it. We could have opted for a more aggressive treatment cycle.Keep notes of questions you want answered at the visits. After monitoring she has to run elsewhere, and doesn't have time to discuss side effects, make predictions etc. On one hand, it's nice not to have a "performer" giving false assurances, on the other, it would be nice to hear some positive thoughts on the process...We did mini ivf both times...The first 2 that made it to blastocysts were complex abnormal and not recommended for transfer.
Oksana [nurse at New Hope] was the main person I met with, but quite often emails would come from whoever was on staff, even if I never met them before. They would try to be detailed and when they would send emails missing information, I would have to ask for clarification, and they would send it...I would have liked if the clinic provided more than one sit down consultation with the doctor. Before starting a second IVF, I would have liked that they met with me, discussed what they think went wrong, and how they were going to address it for the next one. They should have told me, after the first egg retrieval, that I should prepare immediately for another, and the reasons why. Instead I was presented papers to sign I could barely understand, while waking up from sedation, by a disgruntled employee who didn't want to deal with me, or my collapsing recovery chair, being told that I was to have another egg retrieval for the first time.
I trust Makarov's intellect and experience, but felt in the dark quite often about why things were being done the way they were. I liked knowing what was happening and would have to bother the nurses to explain everything.
She's on the 3rd floor, not the 4th which feels like a mall during busy times. People remembered me, and answered my emails.
We did mini ivf both times. The second time around we used more GonalF per dose, so that we could get more follicles and more chances for successful embryos. The first 2 that made it to blastocysts were complex abnormal and not recommended for transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: So many people were wonderful)
Oksana was the main person I met with, but quite often emails would come from whoever was on staff, even if I never met them before. They would try to be detailed and when they would send emails missing information, I would have to ask for clarification, and they would send it. This part was frustrating, just send an email with everything a patient would want to know.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Clean, beautiful, conveniently located, organized and modern. On-site lab. Cookies or banana bread with coffee and infused water for people waiting. I disliked how hard it was to consistently take my blood - multiple people fumbled this.Frequently caused pain that would last the rest of the day and into the next for the next draw. Only 2 people could consistently successfully find my veins. The 4th floor had an inexplicable air freshener that was so strong, it filled the elevators. It stung my eyes the first time I visited. The billing "cashier" is off putting and has a very disinterested and bored attitude, and is in the same room as the rest of the people waiting their turn to make their dreams come true. They need to change that. The wake up after egg retrieval was so harsh - the chair kept falling backwards and I was jolted awake from the anesthetic. Not cozy or warm and the person dealing with me seemed to hate her job and made me sign something when barely cognizant. No doctor or nurse to talk to you afterwards to help you feel any dignity. I left with blood on my hand left from the anesthesiologist and just feeling incised. Instead of heading home to relax and recuperate, I asked for a meeting with the client care coordinator and submitted my complaints. The good is that they do care about their client experience and want to grow and expand. So they seemed interested in how they could do better.
The 3rd floor monitoring experience was nice. There was a screen for the 4th floor appointments with people's names coming up that were not in the room. Not sure why that was there. There was coffee, tea, water and snack. It was quiet and intimate and not as perfumed as the 4th floor. The upstairs monitoring is sometimes standing room only and a well oiled machine. But still can mean a wait for over an hour some days.
For the first egg retrieval we were covered by insurance. The second time, our plan had changed and it was out of network. 2750 for egg retrieval and fertilization (ICSI). 550 for anesthetic. 750 for NICS PGS testing (which includes free ICSI) and 1200 for freezing...some additional costs as well.
We didn't get to that phase.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
I would have liked if the clinic provided more than one sit down consultation with the doctor. Before starting a second IVF, I would have liked that they met with me, discussed what they think went wrong, and how they were going to address it for the next one. They should have told me, after the first egg retrieval, that I should prepare immediately for another, and the reasons why. Instead I was presented papers to sign I could barely understand, while waking up from sedation, by a disgruntled employee who didn't want to deal with me, or my collapsing recovery chair, being told that I was to have another egg retrieval for the first time. I'd also would have liked to have had an opportunity to speak to my doctor with my pants on, at her desk, and not in the exam room, about my case, with her halfway out the door. They booked her solid and ultimately I stopped seeing her and didn't care. Next, the billing cashier ran my partners credit card for a charge without notifying us first. She also didn't allow me to get on the wait list for the final blood draw before the egg retrieval until I paid. I waited a half hour thinking I was soon to be called up. The charges were all explained and she told me what the charges would be. Then gave me the receipt, and told me she'd email the receipt too (never did). Then my partner gets a cc notification that another 550 was charged, without an email notifying us that this was happening or a receipt to our emails. Overall, the cashier is the most demoralizing of the experience. I have no problem paying for services rendered but to make me line up like I'm buying tacos at a food truck is just not respectful of our time or money in a room that's supposed to be about "hope". Also, being 42 I don't think the doctor advised me accurately from the start at how slim the chances were of having good enough eggs and embryos without abnormalities. She is skilled and intelligent, and great at her job, but could have let us know how small the chances were before we got into it. We could have opted for a more aggressive treatment cycle.
2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Olcha is very communicative and you can reach him with a simple email. He makes it a point to meet with you after procedures. My medication changed and he called me on his day off to explain why he wanted to change things around. He's compassionate and very thorough. At our initial consultation he even told us an ideal diet you should have when trying to conceive...
[New Hope Fertility Center] clinic doesnt push all the normal medications if you dont want them. They offer a variety of IVF treatments including a natural IVF which is no stimulating drugs and just a trigger shot to release the egg for retrieval. I was drawn to this practice because they focus on one good quality egg and not the amount of eggs...[cost]about 1500 for retrieval, transfer about 7000. Every monitoring appointment, cost varies
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr Olcha is very communicative and you can reach him with a simple email. He makes it a point to meet with you after procedures. My medication changed and he called me on his day off to explain why he wanted to change things around. He's compassionate and very thorough. At our initial consultation he even told us an ideal diet you should have when trying to conceive. He was the first doctor to mention that and educate me, with all the other doctors I did a ton of research and found out all of this info.
Stay positive!
He is extremely considerate and even called to talk to me on his day off.
Clomid 2x a day and Letrozole 1x a day. Stopped Letrozole and then stopped Clomid because FSH was rising too high. I did a mini ivf which Dr Olcha thought was a good way to go because sometimes many places use too many drugs and that could harm the egg/embryo. I received 2 eggs, when in the retrieval he actually had one retrieved that was 10 mm (which Ive never heard of, usually they only will retrieve if theyre 18mm). The egg matured and was fertilized but sadly by day 3 failed to grow. I am now on birth control to hopefully get my hormones more balanced for the next try.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nursing staff is great. They seem very positive and on point.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
This clinic doesnt push all the normal medications if you dont want them. They offer a variety of IVF treatments including a natural IVF which is no stimulating drugs and just a trigger shot to release the egg for retrieval. I was drawn to this practice because they focus on one good quality egg and not the amount of eggs. They even offer an At Home IVF, which during these times is such a great offering!
Monitoring appointments have great hours. 7-2 pm and they even offer a 6-9. Really convenient
about 1500 for retrieval, transfer about 7000. Every monitoring appointment, cost varies, Medications are separate. Freezing of eggs 1500. light anesthesia 150
2020, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Lana Lipkin] is LGBTQ friendly and culturally competent. She is patient and a good listener. She considers my desires and opinions when creating her management plan. She clearly communicates her plan and strategy and is happy to answer all of my questions in detail...I have only completed 2 cycles with Dr. Lipkin. The first cycle she used Letrizole to gently stimulate my ovaries.
The clinic [New Hope Fertility Center] is well run, clean, organized, and good at communicating. The waiting room is inviting and has snacks and beverages and monitors that indicate when and where a patient is being called for blood/sono/financial/etc. I have found the staff to be 100% kind and compassionate and helpful.
How was your experience with Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
She is LGBTQ friendly and culturally competent. She is patient and a good listener. She considers my desires and opinions when creating her management plan. She clearly communicates her plan and strategy and is happy to answer all of my questions in detail.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
Don't hesitate to tell her what is important to you because she will listen and take your priorities into consideration.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
She is a fantastic listener, always willing to explain all the reasons behind her strategy and to answer all my questions.
Describe the protocols Lana Lipkin used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I have only completed 2 cycles with Dr. Lipkin. The first cycle she used Letrizole to gently stimulate my ovaries. I produced 4 follicles. After and ovidril trigger, all four were retrieved. Only two were immediately mature enough to have ICSI. The remaining 2 were cultured until they were mature enough and also had ICSI. Only one made it to blastocyst (rated: 312). That single blastocyst was transferred and did not end in pregnancy. The second cycle was again with Letrizole stimulation. I only produced 2 follicles and began to have an LH surge on my own. She monitored my LH (but did not trigger me). They were able to retrieve both eggs and only one reached blastocyst (rated: 411). This blastocyst we decided to freeze due to the stress of Covid-19 (I am an essential worker) and in order give my ovaries a break before attempting to stimulate them again in 1mo in hopes of getting another blastocyst for transfer.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The entire staff at New Hope is kind, welcoming, and compassionate.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is well run, clean, organized, and good at communicating. The waiting room is inviting and has snacks and beverages and monitors that indicate when and where a patient is being called for blood/sono/financial/etc. I have found the staff to be 100% kind and compassionate and helpful.
Well oiled machine. They offer early hours which allowed me to monitor without missing any work. They move people through in a timely and respectful manner.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center.
Our insurance doesn't cover our fertility treatments but New Hope has significantly reduced prices for patients paying out of pocket. We have been pleasantly surprised by the cost and expected it to be almost twice the cost.
Describe Lana Lipkin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
Dr. Lipkin and I both decided that it would be best to only transfer one embryo at a time. I typically am unable to produce more than one egg that reaches blastocyst anyway.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
There was a single email from a nurse with my trigger and retrieval time that had a typo in the hour in one portion of the email but was correct in another portion. I emailed back to clarify and got a prompt response with an apology for the error and the corrected/consistent trigger & retrieval time.
Lana Lipkin
New Hope Fertility Center
He [Dr. Zhang] seems to be a very knowledgeable doctor and I really love the fact that he is using the Mini IVF and doesn’t feed the patient a lot of medication. Unfortunately I didn’t get to talk to him a lot and can’t say if he was behind my treatment or somebody else even if he was in Charge of my case...[he]is so busy and has so many patients that he doesn’t have time to even talk to you he is there for the initial consult and after that you are only dealing with nurses
Even the nurses [at New Hope Fertility Center] are very busy so is hard to communicate trough them with a doctor. If you go to the clinic or write an email on the portal almost each time it is a different nurse who will answer or some times two of them will answer with different responses...$500 for first appointment. Retrieval process plus frozen egg transfer plus monitoring plus pgt testing for 2 embryos cost me more than $12 000.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
He seems to be a very knowledgeable doctor and I really love the fact that he is using the Mini IVF and doesn’t feed the patient a lot of medication. Unfortunately I didn’t get to talk to him a lot and can’t say if he was behind my treatment or somebody else even if he was in Charge of my case.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
If you have other medical problems find doctors to take care of them or monitor you for them because at NH they only check the blood work that are at interest to them not other things that can be related to your fertility issues. Not testing your thyroid hormones or things like that and rose could be very important in your journey.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Doctor is so busy and has so many patients that he doesn’t have time to even talk to you he is there for the initial consult and after that you are only dealing with nurses. If he does make time to talk to you it will be on the hallway for 5 min. I don’t think he even has time to review your chart and lives that to God knows who. You’ll never know who takes care of your case you’re just told what to do and that’s it. You can’t trust the treatment or ask questions because you do not know who to ask since your doctor is not available and every time you are talking to a different nurse or different doctor.
Describe the protocols John Zhang used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
He used a Mini IVF for 5 days :Clomid, Letrozole, Follistim and other 2 days of Letrozole and Follistim then retrieval. For transfer I was doing Progesterone Estrogen, Lovenox and Prednisone. Stimulation was minimal and still got 2 good embryos.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The majority of the nurses do not speak very good English and is hard to communicate with them. Even the nurses are very busy so is hard to communicate trough them with a doctor. If you go to the clinic or write an email on the portal almost each time it is a different nurse who will answer or some times two of them will answer with different responses.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is very busy so don’t expect for somebody to look closely at your case. They are just looking at your blood work and ultrasound and not any other impact of other disease that you might have. They have a very good embryology they even have a way to mature your eggs if they weren’t when they did the retrieval. Retrieval doctors and transfer doctors were very delicate and I did not need sedation. Be careful with what you pay and keep the receipts. From time to time ask for statements Otherwise they might surprise you with extra bills. Communication is very poor between doctors, nurses and patients. Very hard to get some answers because is hard to get to someone who listens to what you have to say and have the power to do something about it. Technicians sometimes will give you their opinion which is different from the doctors opinion so you will be put in doubt. You’ll never know if what is going on is good or bad you’ll just go with the wave... If I would have had Dr Zhang taking care of me and communicating with me all the time I would have been very pleased because I really trust that he could make a difference for me but since he didn’t and had to deal each time with a different person I am really confused with this clinic and not satisfied with the results as well.
Monitoring was ok they have 6 rooms for that. Some ultrasound equipment is better than other.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center.
New Hope Fertility Center
Dr. Olcha made the entire process very simple. His expertise, professionalism and personal manner made it very easy for me and my husband. We were more than happy with every detail of the process. The entire experience seemed so simple yet personal. Never did we have any doubt on anything as Dr. Olcha was very good in explaining everything... made sure I didn’t need too much IVF injections and was monitored on a daily basis. Once my eggs were at a good size; in one simple procedure he was able to retrieve 26 eggs! And 8 embryos were then then frozen. We also did genetics testing as we hoped our first born be a boy along with checking for diseases. The entire process was well communicated at all times. In my next cycle he performed our chosen embryo transfer. Everything went very well and I am now 9 weeks pregnant thanks to Dr. Olcha!
The nursing staff [at New Hope Fertility Center] are a great reflection on the clinic. Each and every nurse are super nice and attentive. Any time I had the most simply question they were are very helpful. My emails would also be responded to in a timely manner. I must say the nurses are a great contribution to the clinic and the great work that takes place there. Well done! I will miss seeing your familiar faces!
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Please pick him as your primary doctor. He is simply the best! If I needed fertility treatment again: he is my number 1 option!
Dr Olcha has been an amazing doctor for me and my husband. From our very first meeting up to gratulating with babe at week 9 he has been thorough in every detail. We have always felt very comfortable with him and so happy we decided to have him as our primary doctor. Every step he been a breeze for us due to his calm, professional and very approachable manner. Without him we would not be where we are today. I would definitely recommend him to those many couples who are struggling with fertility. Thank you!
Dr. Olcha made sure I didn’t need too much IVF injections and was monitored on a daily basis. Once my eggs were at a good size; in one simple procedure he was able to retrieve 26 eggs! And 8 embryos were then then frozen. We also did genetics testing as we hoped our first born be a boy along with checking for diseases. The entire process was well communicated at all times. In my next cycle he performed our chosen embryo transfer. Everything went very well and I am now 9 weeks pregnant thanks to Dr. Olcha!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nursing staff are a great reflection on the clinic. Each and every nurse are super nice and attentive. Any time I had the most simply question they were are very helpful. My emails would also be responded to in a timely manner. I must say the nurses are a great contribution to the clinic and the great work that takes place there. Well done! I will miss seeing your familiar faces!
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Everything in the clinic is amazing, from the doctors, nurses, staff, waiting area, soft music in the back ground and even the light scent in the air makes coming to this clinic very easy. I have always felt very comfortable coming to this clinic and enjoyed every visit. Also knowing they have teh bat staff and technology I never had a moments doubt that our treatment here would be successful.
All the nurses and staff were super nice and very friendly. They always remembered me and made feel comfortable. Thank you! I will miss seeing you.
Costs were very good and way within budget. We were very happy.
New Hope Fertility Center
Dr. Kulp Makarov is highly knowledgeable, compassionate and very calm. That was exactly what we needed during a very stressful time!! She was able to adjust our fertility medications after our first round was unsuccessful. She kept us well informed and was upbeat and encouraging. And above all kind and empathetic...A mix of compassion, knowledge and kindness. She’s very busy, but was always there when we needed her...
This clinic [New Hope Fertility Center] is a well run machine! It can seem a little too fancy at first glance. But that is more than compensated for the caring staff and the attention to personal details. The location was very convenient for us. And the scheduling was incredibly flexible...Highly efficient and knowledgeable [nursing staff]. We always felt like we were in good hands...
She was the perfect doctor for us. A mix of compassion, knowledge and kindness. She’s very busy, but was always there when we needed her!
Dr. Kulp Makarov was keenly interested in helping us start a family. She was kind and empathic. We both felt like she really cared about us.
Full work up including semen testing for me. Hormonal tests and HSG for my wife.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Highly efficient and knowledgeable. We always felt like we were in good hands. And the nurses knew what she wanted done and were able to take care of it.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
This clinic is a well run machine! It can seem a little too fancy at first glance. But that is more than compensated for the caring staff and the attention to personal details. The location was very convenient for us. And the scheduling was incredibly flexible. We were able to see Dr. Kulp Makarov on the same day that we requested our consultation.
Our private health insurance covered all treatment costs. We were very fortunate in that regard.
Not applicable for us.
2016 - 2020, Unknown Success
I've seen Dr. Zhang twice. The first time I saw him I thought his bedside manner was terrible. He spoke more to my male partner than to me, and the fertility issues are related to me...If you're looking for someone who is going to spend a lot of time with you, Dr. Zhang probably isn't that doctor. That doesn't mean I felt neglected just that a lot happens in the background and not at your appointment.
Egg retrieval was $1,500 and anesthesia for it $650 if you want anything beyond local. I opted just for local to keep the cost down...New Hope is a high volume clinic. The first time I went it was really overwhelming and felt like being on an assembly line in a factory. Now that I've gone and completed a cycle I actually kind of like the process. I've been to smaller clinics that have their strengths and you feel like less of a number but New Hope is so efficient that it makes up for the smaller more personalized feel of a small clinic.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Zhang is very busy. New Hope is a busy practice and he seems to have a lot on his plate. When I first saw him, I didn't love his bedside manner. I didn't feel like he was talking to me as a person. I was young and really struggling, I'm not saying I wanted things sugarcoated but I wanted to feel like someone could help me and I didn't feel like he was listening to my concerns. I came back four years later during COVID-19 and his bedside manner was a lot improved and I felt like he was listening.
I've seen Dr. Zhang twice. The first time I saw him I thought his bedside manner was terrible. He spoke more to my male partner than to me, and the fertility issues are related to me. It was one of my first interactions in the fertility space and I was very young and so I decided to get another opinion. I came back to the clinic in 2020 because they are one of the only clinics practicing during the COVID-19 outbreak. I had a failed egg retrieval, one follicle no egg and was devastated . Zhang was very kind and willing to continue to work with me, almost like an entirely different doctor than the one I had met four years earlier. Even then though, I haven't really gotten more than 10 minutes of his time. It's a very busy practice.
I used femara and then had an egg retrieval with nothing else. Nothing was able to be retrieved from the follicle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
New Hope is a high volume clinic and so you have to be organized to handle all of those cases. The staff replies to messages quickly and provides detailed instructions. I also really like the ultrasound tech who usually does my scans.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
You get a window when you can come for monitoring. I liked that I had an option beyond be here at the crack of dawn. The clinic has screens that tell you where to go (blood, ultrasound, etc). It does feel a bit like being on an assembly line but after going to clinics that are less organized, I've grown to like it.
My insurance covers appointments and monitoring. Egg retrieval was $1,500 and anesthesia for it $650 if you want anything beyond local. I opted just for local to keep the cost down.
New Hope Fertility Center

She [Dr. Makarov] was nice, but I always felt I was bothering her by asking questions because she looked so exhausted and doesn't seem very invested in my success. I was given minimum information and always felt insecure with my very first fertility treatment. After I moved to another clinic I realized she was not a good doctor for me to work with...
They [nurse of New Hope Fertility Center] made me go through blood test and ultrasound when I didn't need them, because I wasn't on my cycle. I asked them several times to make sure if I had to take the blood out and pay for it, as one of the nurses said I didn't need to, but they made me go through it anyway and billed me later. What was worse was that they lost the sample and I didn't hear back the result. I hope it didn't get misplaced by someone else's.
She was nice, but I always felt I was bothering her by asking questions because she looked so exhausted and doesn't seem very invested in my success. I was given minimum information and always felt insecure with my very first fertility treatment. After I moved to another clinic I realized she was not a good doctor for me to work with.
She will give you minimum information so be ready to become your own advocate and do your research to ask questions
She didn't seem very invested in patients' success. She always looked tired.
IUI with clomid
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Oksana)
She was a sweet person, but the operation was a mess.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
They have many options of IVF but I'm not sure if that was really for us patients. They might just want us to spend money. You don't have any privacy as your name is displayed on the big TV monitors on the wall.
IUI was for 2000 and my insurance didn't cover any of it. There was unexpected bills to given on the day of procedure as a surprise. I really don't recommend this clinic.
Not sure.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
They made me go through blood test and ultrasound when I didn't need them, because I wasn't on my cycle. I asked them several times to make sure if I had to take the blood out and pay for it, as one of the nurses said I didn't need to, but they made me go through it anyway and billed me later. What was worse was that they lost the sample and I didn't hear back the result. I hope it didn't get misplaced by someone else's.
New Hope Fertility Center
I had three cycles, the medications were slightly altered each time [by Dr. Meir Olcha] and I had an extra day of stimulation with each cycle...saw me at most of my monitoring appointments to give me an update on my progress. Dr. Olcha also gave me a call after every retrieval which was nice...He was also very honest about my results and what I can expect in the future...I ended up completing 3 cycles of egg freezing and each time he adjusted my medication regimen which resulted in more eggs.
I had three cycles [at New Hope Fertility Center], the medications were slightly altered each time and I had an extra day of stimulation with each cycle...The nursing staff was very kind, professional and had great communication skills...I did not have to go as often as some of my friends who went to other clinics. When I did go it was fast and efficient...I did three cycles which was $7,500 this did not cover anesthesia or medicine. Some offices I consulted at wanted to charge $9,200 just for one cycle.
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Olcha was extremely kind and professional. I ended up completing 3 cycles of egg freezing and each time he adjusted my medication regimen which resulted in more eggs. He was also very honest about my results and what I can expect in the future.
You are in good hands. It was a much easier process than anticipated.
Everyone at the office was very kind and professional. Dr. Olcha or one of the other doctors saw me at most of my monitoring appointments to give me an update on my progress. Dr. Olcha also gave me a call after every retrieval which was nice.
I had three cycles, the medications were slightly altered each time and I had an extra day of stimulation with each cycle.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
They have early hours which is good for someone who works. I was normally there for 30-40 minutes for monitoring which isn’t bad. They are open 7 days a week. The staff is very professional and efficient. The price for egg freezing was also a fraction of what other facilities were charging.
New Hope Fertility Center

I just found her [Dr. Lipkin] honest, but hopeful approach work for me. As an older hopeful mother to be she has made these cycle easier to take with better results then my previous doctor. It was about egg quality and not quantity...She uses leas medication and more natural cycle cues...She was direct but kind and kept it realistic but hopefull.
The majority of nurses [at New Hope Fertility Center] were compassionate and attentive. There were some that made me feel I was just a number, but that was not the norm...They are not aggressive and believe it take one quality egg to get a positive result. It also worked out for me that they had a satellite office on Long Island. This help as we go through a cycle during Covid.
How was your experience with Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
I just found her honest, but hopeful approach work for me. As an older hopeful mother to be she has made these cycle easier to take with better results then my previous doctor. It was about egg quality and not quantity.
Ask your questions. She is honest and works with you.
She was direct but kind and kept it realistic but hopefull.
She uses leas medication and more natural cycle cues. She beloved in quality versus quantity.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The majority of nurses were compassionate and attentive. There were some that made me feel I was just a number, but that was not the norm.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
They work with you, especially as an older potential mom. They are not aggressive and believe it take one quality egg to get a positive result. It also worked out for me that they had a satellite office on Long Island. This help as we go through a cycle during Covid.
It was efficient and went fairly smoothly.
Prices were al Le carte. Which at times were a benefit.
Lana Lipkin
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr Liu was informative and always available. He communicated well and always provided all information and explained everything very well. He did my egg retrieval, I got 8 and 5 made it to day 5. We did genetic testing and only 1 was good. We transferred it and I got pregnant...He was caring and explained everything. He was very informative and always remembered my name.
My insurance covered part of it. I paid $6000...The only thing I will mention is that u always speak to different nurses [at New Hope Fertility Center]. If you are the type that needs consistency then this may not be the place since it's always different nurses. But let me say they always were very knowledgeable and I didn't see this as a negative but some people may..
How was your experience with Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
So knowledgeable. They would always respond to my emails quickly.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The only thing I will mention is that u always speak to different nurses. If you are the type that needs consistency then this may not be the place since it's always different nurses. But let me say they always were very knowledgeable and I didn't see this as a negative but some people may.
Well oiled machine
Describe the costs associated with your care under Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center.
My insurance covered part of it. I paid $6000
Zitao Liu
New Hope Fertility Center
My concerns were always addressed [with Dr. John Zhang]...The doctor was very informative. The doctor was very caring...I always knew what was going on with my cycle...Very honest with the outcome of our cycle...My husband was diagnosed with male factor infertility. Semen analysis were performed at the clinic the same day. Sperm retrieval procedure was done and sperm were frozen. I then did mini ivf. Minimal pills and injections followed by an egg retrieval. 14 embryos were created. One successful embryo transfer.
My husband was diagnosed with male factor infertility. Semen analysis were performed at the clinic [New Hope Fertility Center] the same day. Sperm retrieval procedure was done and sperm were frozen. I then did mini ivf. Minimal pills and injections followed by an egg retrieval. 14 embryos were created. One successful embryo transfer...Nursing staff work really well and extremely fast. I always received an email with instructions promptly.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
John Zhang was extremely informative. I always knew what was going on with my cycle. I had an amazing experience with this clinic. John Zhang was a very caring doctor. Very honest with the outcome of our cycle.
Go in with questions you have concerting your cycle.
My concerns were always addressed. The doctor was very informative. The doctor was very caring.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is very clean and very calming environment. Staff are amazing. I always received important information regarding my cycle within hours of leaving the clinic. I always felt comfortable going to the clinic.
New Hope Fertility Center
It's hard to assess the doctor [Dr. Jennifer Kulp Makarov] because so many things have gone wrong but it's unclear if they were her fault or caused by bad communication and poor planning by the practice. There have been times where we've felt jerked around, unprepared, and misled. Throughout it all she has been kind and caring but our confidence has eroded...You have to be your own advocate. They routinely give contradictory information, give you urgent instructions to take medication they haven't bothered to prescribe, and leave you teetering on the brink of messing up each cycle.
It was totally unpredictable whether you'd wait for 10 minutes or 30 [at New Hope Fertility Center]...You have to be your own advocate. They routinely give contradictory information, give you urgent instructions to take medication they haven't bothered to prescribe, and leave you teetering on the brink of messing up each cycle...It's hard to assess the doctor because so many things have gone wrong but it's unclear if they were her fault or caused by bad communication and poor planning by the practice. There have been times where we've felt jerked around, unprepared, and misled. Throughout it all she has been kind and caring but our confidence has eroded.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
It was totally unpredictable whether you'd wait for 10 minutes or 30.
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr. Olcha was very kind and was always available whenever I had a question or concern...He showed such great bedside manner and was always available without hesitation and never seemed annoyed or in a rush. He took the time out to fully explain the IVF process to myself and my husband. He called me periodically just to check in and see how I was feeling which was icing on the cake. He was very good at giving rational unbiased explanations of what to realistically expect and any risks involved. I firmly believe he is not the type of doctor that will tell you what you want to hear so they can make money off of you. He is v
[The nurses at New Hope Fertility Center had a] Fast response time, pleasant demeanor and always updated me on my blood results the same day...Total cost of my IVF cycle was around $10,000...the one thing I like the most about this clinic is that payment is not due upfront and you pay per service rendered which made it easier for my husband and I to plan accordingly and spread out the payments
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
The difference between Dr. Olcha and my previous fertility doctor was night and day. He showed such great bedside manner and was always available without hesitation and never seemed annoyed or in a rush. He took the time out to fully explain the IVF process to myself and my husband. He called me periodically just to check in and see how I was feeling which was icing on the cake. He was very good at giving rational unbiased explanations of what to realistically expect and any risks involved. I firmly believe he is not the type of doctor that will tell you what you want to hear so they can make money off of you. He is very honest and trustworthy and just facilitated the whole experience for us and made it as smooth as possible. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!
Trust the process. All the appointments and money spent is 1000% worth it!
Oral ovarian stimulation meds plus injectables. I started out with the at home IVF kit but my ovaries were slow to respond so I needed an extra boost and was given follistim/gonal-f to move things along quicker. My trigger shot was the nasal spray which worked perfectly. After the egg retrieval I was out on Estrace (oral tablets) and prometrium (vaginal suppositories) to support my uterine lining for a fresh transfer.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic as a whole (long island office and Manhattan office) is super clean and well organized. Even during the covid-19 pandemic they still managed to treat patients the same and always had the appropriate level of PPE on.
Total cost of my IVF cycle was around $10,000 the one thing I like the most about this clinic is that payment is not due upfront and you pay per service rendered which made it easier for my husband and I to plan accordingly and spread out the payments
My husband and I had our hearts set on transfer I g 2 embryos however Dr. Olcha didn’t recommend it based on my estrogen levels at the time of the egg retrieval and had a gentle talk with us about why he believed it would be safer to transfer one embryo due to my increased risk of OHSS once HCG levels start to rise in combination with my high estrogen level. We took his advice and couldn’t be happier!
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr. Merhi is a great doctor. He's energetic and interested in your journey. You can tell that he really loves his job and loves helping his patients. Most importantly, he is up-to-date on his knowledge. He answers all your questions, presents all the options, and gives you very individualized care. While waiting for my procedures, I met a few other patients as well who had great things to say about him. He gives you hope and backs it up with dedicated care.
This [New Hope Fertility Center] is a high volume clinic, which means the doctors have a lot of experience with treatment, and particularly with surgical procedures. The clinic is also very well run and efficient. Despite the large volume of patients, wait times are low and everything is taken care of in a very organized manner...he nursing staff was very efficient and made things flow smoothly. I received all medications and documents very quickly. They also had great bedside manner.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
You'll be in great hands with Dr. Merhi!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
New Hope is an extremely busy practice and that is a great thing. If you are going to have a doctor perform surgical procedures on you, you want to go to one who has a ton of experience. Despite the large volume, however, your results are always reviewed by a physician in a timely manner, and their physicians have a great bedside manner. I’ve been working with Dr. Merhi, and he will forever be one of my favorite people. He is positive and encouraging and fully attentive to your personal story. Anytime I spoke with him, he was well aware of each detail. You need to see a specialist who makes you feel heard and who will not give up on you and I always felt in good hands with Dr. Merhi. This is really a practice that promotes hope, and that is something so important for women who are struggling and thinking they may have to give up. If your doctor believes in you, then you can believe in yourself and know that it may be a long journey, but it WILL happen and your doctor will help you all along the way. Dr. Merhi individualized my care based on how things were progressing. He found my issue, fixed it, and now we are happily pregnant all thanks to him.
Describe the protocols Zaher Merhi used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I had done IUI 4 times with a previous specialist and had one pregnancy and subsequent miscarriage. With Dr. Merhi, I did both a low dose and high dose egg retrieval cycle to get enough eggs. We transferred two frozen embryos, both of which resulted in positive pregnancies which unfortunately ended very early. Dr. Merhi recommended a full hysteroscopy at that time and found a uterine septum which he fixed. We transferred another embryo after that and I am currently 4 months pregnant :)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nursing staff was very efficient and made things flow smoothly. I received all medications and documents very quickly. They also had great bedside manner.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
This is a high volume clinic, which means the doctors have a lot of experience with treatment, and particularly with surgical procedures. The clinic is also very well run and efficient. Despite the large volume of patients, wait times are low and everything is taken care of in a very organized manner.
Describe Zaher Merhi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
Dr. Merhi is not pushy at all. He did recommend transferring one embryo because it is safer. He was open to discussion. We ended up following his advice and now that we have a healthy single pregnancy, we are happy we listened.
Zaher Merhi
New Hope Fertility Center

[Dr. Olcha is] Honest, straight to the point, has compassion, willing to listen to the pt's needs and willing adjust plan in a mutually respective manner. He also communicates with pts in a timely fashion r after each major lab results/procedure. He is open-minded, willing to use mosiac embryos when there is no other options. In addition, he will explain to you about the quality of embryos in order to assist you to make decisions before transfer.
[New Hope Fertility Center] Clinic is clean, location is good...They will communicate with you by email. Better ask questions in person or phone if you need clarification. I felt that the nurses are so busy. I understand that this is a very high volume clinic...I did 2 Mini IVF and 3 conventional IVF. Result in1 Grade A embryos, 4 mosiacs, and a 3 complex abnormal embryos.
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Try keep the conversation brief and straight to the point. Just like any fertility drs, New Hope MDs. are very busy running between the clinics, OR, phone calls, review labs. If you need to speak with them, best thing is to go early in the morning before 9AM.
When I almost turned 40 two years ago, I wanted another child. I did 5 IUIs then I switched to New Hope to do IVF immediately because New Hope accepts my insurance - I can save a little bit of money from the big cost of IVF. I did not know Dr. Olcha in the beginning but during my 3rd cycle monitoring, I met him at the bedside. Although it was brief, he explained my result in a different perspective. I felt that he was honest and straight to the point. I am a nurse for 15 years and my instinct told me that he can help me. After I did a bit of research, I switched to Dr. Olcha and it was the best decision that I made during the Covid Peak at NYC. I was busy working in the hospital which was in chaos, and continue IVF treatment without losing time. Dr. Olcha did not disappoint me, he updated my results in a timely manner. We also tweak the medication around attempted to make things happy. In May, I finally got a A Grade embryo and did the transfer last month. I am now 9 weeks preggy. After going to New Hope for more than 1 year, I almost cried when they gave me the farewell gift. It was bitter sweet and definitely not an easy journey. I am very thankful to all the staff at New Hope, especially to Dr. Olcha. I highly recommend Dr. Olcha as a fertility MD. As IVF takes its toll on our body mentally and physically, having a dr who is always on your side and look out for your benefit is crucial. I wish everyone the best in your IVF journey. Try to stay positive no matter what.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Overall nursing is pretty good. I like Vera in the PACU, she gave me TLC. Amanda was little bit mean.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Clinic is clean, location is good, i miss their coffee and snacks before covid time. They will communicate with you by email. Better ask questions in person or phone if you need clarification. I felt that the nurses are so busy. I understand that this is a very high volume clinic.
40-50K
1 transfer 2 mosiac embryos at one time, did not work. I also transferred 1 normal embryo, grade BC, did not work either. ( but it was my fault, i didn't not comply with the medication, i misread the label, it was confusing and I was careless)
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
They have a full-time female anesthesiologist, her iv insertion requires an additional injection of lidocaine before IV insertion. Its an additional needle stick and its not necessary if you have decent veins. I wish their male anesthesiologists were back. They had no problem getting my veins.
New Hope Fertility Center

13 eggs were retrieved and 7 of them made it to embryos [when cycling with Dr. Olcha]. I froze my embryos immediately and did genetic testing on my best 3. Once those results came out Dr. Olcha asked if I wanted to chose which embryo he implanted but I asked him to just use the best one. The embryo transfer was a breeze and two weeks later I went back in for a pregnancy blood test and Dr. Olcha called me that afternoon to let me know that I was pregnant!! Every week following for 3 weeks I went in for a sonogram then I moved to an OB. I am now 4 months pregnant with a healthy baby girl!! My remaining frozen embryos remain at a storage facility with New Hope.
Monitoring [at New Hope Fertility Center] was very easy and most of the time very quick. I would try and get there early, you check in and then wait for your name to be called on the screen- you’re in and out in under an hour...Costs were what I expected however it’s a pay as you go so the cost doesn’t hit you in one lump sum which would be a bit tricky for most. The most important thing I can say is that I knew exactly what costs would be before I did anything so nothing came as a surprise to me which was so helpful.
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
I’m a 34 yr old woman who was having a hard time getting pregnant. The first doctor I went to always made me feel like getting pregnant was this huge hurtle that I might get over.. but might not. After the first consultation I had with Dr. Olcha I left, got in my car, and cried because I felt like I FINALLY had a doctor who gave me the compassion I needed and slowly went over all my options and then he advised what he recommended. I did 4 IUI’s and then ultimately decided with Dr. Olcha IVF was the best next step. Every procedure I did I knew exactly what to expect and felt comfortable throughout the whole process. I am now 4 months pregnant and so happy!! I just wish Dr. Olcha could stay my OB!! It was sad to leave his care and I would recommend him (and already have) to anyone who is looking for fertility assistance.
Look no further you’re in good hands now
Dr. Olcha and the whole team at New Hope always we’re extremely patient with me and always took time to answer any questions or concerns I had during my fertility journey
I did 5 IUI rounds but only 4 IUI transfers (Dr. Olcha cancelled one round because I over stimulated on clomid). I didn’t get pregnant with any IUI rounds. Then we moved to IVF. I was on oral and injectable medication for 2 weeks and then we did my egg retrieval. 13 eggs were retrieved and 7 of them made it to embryos. I froze my embryos immediately and did genetic testing on my best 3. Once those results came out Dr. Olcha asked if I wanted to chose which embryo he implanted but I asked him to just use the best one. The embryo transfer was a breeze and two weeks later I went back in for a pregnancy blood test and Dr. Olcha called me that afternoon to let me know that I was pregnant!! Every week following for 3 weeks I went in for a sonogram then I moved to an OB. I am now 4 months pregnant with a healthy baby girl!! My remaining frozen embryos remain at a storage facility with New Hope.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nursing staff and technicians were amazing at New Hope! Always a smile on their face and answered any questions I had.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is very nice! The first time you go you head to the 3rd floor and it looks like a spa! Then you head up to the 4th floor (where you’ll be from here on out) as it’s where you’ll do all your blood work and procedures. There’s always hot coffee and some sort of cookie/biscuits out, calm music playing, and a beautiful view of Columbus Circle and Central Park. Not to mention it’s extremely clean!
Monitoring was very easy and most of the time very quick. I would try and get there early, you check in and then wait for your name to be called on the screen- you’re in and out in under an hour.
I wasn’t sure if I should do multiple or single embryo transfer... Dr. Olcha advised that because of my age and the fact I wasn’t looking to have twins that I should only do one. I am very happy I went with his advise!

IUI With Other Docs
I thought the [New Hope Fertility Center] clinic was beautiful first time going in and that the staff were nice and made you feel comfortable. Having fertility issues is a strange and sometimes uncomfortable thing to accept and deal with and I feel new hope does a great job at being encouraging and honest. And no one looks at you weird.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
I feel Dr. Zhang knows his job and understand it and does it well. He enters the room occasionally during the sonogram to see how many eggs are growing and gives a brief overview of what might be next and says he will check blood work and send you home. I never felt any communication issues at all and I feel he is a busy man working with multiple women trying to help us all and he doesn’t show any way overwhelmed. Always seemed at ease and pleasant.
I don’t necessarily have advice but I would say Dr. Zhang is honest and whatever his concerns are he will make you aware of . One cycle I lost an egg day before trigger and we spoke and he gave me his recommendation to start over for the next month and that’s what we did. If there’s any advice I can give it would listen to him and take your time. Don’t rush the process because you want it now. If he says give it another month and start over then do it .
As a patient you understand that you are not the only one and that’s something we all should accept but I never felt like I was just a number. Dr.Zhang would communicate with me and let me know what’s going on even if brief and he did everything with compassion.
He wanted to make as many mature eggs and possible for retrieval and I appreciate that. I had trouble with losing eggs and some eggs not maturing and only two or three and sometimes only one growing enough. Dr. Zhang made sure to keep working on the eggs that were growing by continuing medication. Best decision ever and I appreciate that he cared enough to not do the retrieval with just one or two Mature eggs.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
They were all very pleasant and caring
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
I thought the clinic was beautiful first time going in and that the staff were nice and made you feel comfortable. Having fertility issues is a strange and sometimes uncomfortable thing to accept and deal with and I feel new hope does a great job at being encouraging and honest. And no one looks at you weird.
I enjoyed the monitoring appointments because it was fast and easy. Blood work first then sonogram.
It was exactly what they said it would be
2016 - 2020, Successful
The plan [with Dr. Merhi] was to use my own eggs w/ donor sperm...with Dr. Merhi, I began to feel supported and listened to. I began to realize I that if I brought more to the table (the right questions, etc.), he took the time with me, too, to explain things more clearly. When it came the for the egg retrievals, it was ONLY Dr. Merhi's that I felt ZERO pain. The other Dr.'s techniques, etc., I had a lot of pain during the procedures - no joke. After all the cycle efforts using my own eggs (always MY decision to make), I am the one who came to the hard realization that perhaps my eggs weren't viable. I took a break (mid-2017 to Fall 2019). When I returned to my efforts, I came in already knowing I was going to use a donor for eggs (& donor sperm). I o
Some of the blood drawers [at New Hope Fertility Center] weren't great (read: painful needle insertion!), and others - I felt nothing! Some of the sonogram technicians (NOT nurses) liked to pretend they really new a lot about medical needs/advice - which was not great for a "newbie" like me in the beginning of my journey...I received 2 conflicting emails from two different nurses. I wrote back immediately letting them know of the different info., and they got back to me right away with the corrected info...Sometimes - the billing dept. can be a bit cold and treat you like a number. I recommend taking care of billing stuff before the day of a major procedure (IUI, egg retrieval, IVF transfer, hysteroscopy, etc.). It can be a bit unnerving to deal with billing dept. the day of those emotional procedures. If your name com
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Any time I asked to see Dr. Merhi, I was scheduled in and able to do so. Only once was he not there and so his team scheduled a phone consult appt with him and he called the very next day. I specifically requested him to be the Dr. to perform my last/most recent IVF transfer with donor egg and sperm, and he made sure to schedule me with respect to his availability. He left no stone unturned to give me all the meds, scheduled appt.'s, consults, etc., to make sure we succeeded this time! I feel he took no issue with my age (47) and was 100% on my team with absolute assuredness we would succeed. If I had any questions, he would slowly spell everything out for me in a respectful way...even drawing pictures/charts for me in his office. We did succeed and he was genuinely SO happy for me!
Ask in the beginning what days Dr. Merhi is at the office location you prefer. He goes to two (I think) different locations every week. Be bold with requesting exactly what you need and ask every question you have! Make sure you ask to specifically meet with him. When you do monitoring during their daily hours (7am-12pm), I would get there on the earlier side if you hope to catch Dr. Merhi after your meetings with bloodwork/sonograms. It helps if you do your own research and have specific questions for him re: your own protocol and needs.
With Dr. Merhi, I felt listened to and respected. I felt he took the time (never rushing) with me to help me really understand every step. He helped me feel like no question was too "dumb" and he was very positive and encouraging. I read folks' energy very well and he was very sincere with me. He was not in it for the money and taking me for a ride. I felt supported and nurtured.
I started at New Hope FC in 2016! I met with whomever whenever they were available as I had no idea what I was doing nor what to expect. For a while, I felt I was just a number and on an assembly line. That is, until I met with Dr. Merhi. I started in 2016 with mini-IVF protocol. The plan was to use my own eggs w/ donor sperm. I'll skip the methods used by some of the Dr.'s & go right to Merhi. The meds used for cycles, etc., were pretty much the same w/ all Dr.'s I was using along the way. However, with Dr. Merhi, I began to feel supported and listened to. I began to realize I that if I brought more to the table (the right questions, etc.), he took the time with me, too, to explain things more clearly. When it came the for the egg retrievals, it was ONLY Dr. Merhi's that I felt ZERO pain. The other Dr.'s techniques, etc., I had a lot of pain during the procedures - no joke. After all the cycle efforts using my own eggs (always MY decision to make), I am the one who came to the hard realization that perhaps my eggs weren't viable. I took a break (mid-2017 to Fall 2019). When I returned to my efforts, I came in already knowing I was going to use a donor for eggs (& donor sperm). I only requested Dr. Merhi (after prior experiences w/ other Dr.'s there). Full disclosure: after the time away, new Dr.'s were there as well. I have NO idea how some of them are. I can only attest to my comparison of Dr. Merhi with about 4 others there. I ONLY worked with Dr. Merhi this time around. And - to GREAT SUCCESS!! I am pregnant...1st trimester almost over. :-)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
It took many, many visits to realize who my favorites were, honestly. Some of the blood drawers weren't great (read: painful needle insertion!), and others - I felt nothing! Some of the sonogram technicians (NOT nurses) liked to pretend they really new a lot about medical needs/advice - which was not great for a "newbie" like me in the beginning of my journey. Make sure you are talking to a NURSE when you have questions. Also - if you get the feeling the nurse does not know the answer, ASK for a meeting with Dr. Merhi! Also- Dr. Merhi has a specific nurse team! Ask for the Merhi-Nurse Team email for emails communications (merhisupport@...). I definitely had my favorite nurses there. Sometimes, the nurses' lines re: my specific protocol were crossed and I had to confirm something 2 or 3 times with DIFFERENT nurses before getting Dr. Merhi's actual correct answer. This was mostly through several email exchanges and strategically CC'ing different nurses. Never apologize for needing an answer if you feel you're not getting what you need. Call! Email! Again, some nurses are way more experienced and clearly-spoken than others. You'll start to realize as you go along. Never hesitate to ask for a meeting with Dr. Merhi if you really need.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
You can feel assured that the Dr.'s at this clinic all know the latest techniques and strategies for protocol for each person's needs. There's a chance you'll feel a bit like you are on an assembly line at first. I can't stress enough - make your voice heard! Ask questions, and if someone doesn't know the answer, make a consult appt. with your chosen Dr. there. In my case, I chose Dr. Merhi - hands down. Sometimes - the billing dept. can be a bit cold and treat you like a number. I recommend taking care of billing stuff before the day of a major procedure (IUI, egg retrieval, IVF transfer, hysteroscopy, etc.). It can be a bit unnerving to deal with billing dept. the day of those emotional procedures. If your name comes up to visit billing - hopefully it's not on a major procedure day. If you know you need to pay for something and a major procedure is coming, just be proactive about taking care of it early. They WILL call you in on a procedure day and make you pay before the retrieval/transfer. Feels a bit cold, I must say. But - it's not free after all. Just recommending you take care of it before the DAY OF. It really helps if you read their website re: all the different levels of IVF, etc., and then make your list of questions going in for the very first consultation with a Dr. of your choice. If you need to, meet with 3 or 4 different Dr.'s in the beginning to see who you gel with.
Monitoring hours are very convenient! It is a well-oiled machine. Hours are 7am-12noon. The sooner you arrive, the less time you'll wait. The longest I've waited was about 30 minutes. That was only because I went in closer to 11-12pm time. They are a well-oiled machine. Once you arrive and check-in, you're in line in the order you came.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center.
The billing dept. is VERY good/trustworthy at trying to submit everything to your insurance first. Depending on what your coverage is, the costs of all procedures, monitoring, etc., are comparable to most places. They are reasonable in relation to other places, depending on what you're having done. Not going to lie -- it's EXPENSIVE. But - I feel we're a special case: in the end, after several efforts using my own eggs w/ IUI donor sperm and IVF, we chose to also go with an egg donor. I mean - I could have put this child (the one I'm pregnant with as I type!) through its first two years of college! Some of the meds were covered by my insurance - not all of them. Some of the procedures were covered by insurance - not all of them.
I never talked about this with Dr. Merhi because my wife and I agreed that we'd only ever opt to have ONE embryo transferred at a time. We did not want to risk multiples. It was not ever a topic for Dr. Merhi and I.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
ONE time - only once - I received 2 conflicting emails from two different nurses. I wrote back immediately letting them know of the different info., and they got back to me right away with the corrected info.!
Zaher Merhi
New Hope Fertility Center
Being Dr. Olcha's patient, I knew I was in capable hands. He is extremely optimistic and confident. I really appreciated how quickly he responded to emails, how he called me personally with results, and how he performed almost all of my procedures during my IUI/IVF journey. I would have liked more of an explanation on my different medications and options- like ICSI and Assisted Hatching, prior to my asking. Once I did ask, he went out of his way to explain in detail. Most importantly, he got me pregnant, like he promised!
The [New Hope Fertility Center] clinic is a well-run, well-oiled machine- clean, comfortable, and exuding confidence in what they are doing. Monitoring was extremely efficient, taking no more than 30 minutes. I appreciated how organized they were with screens to tell you where to go. When I had to go in for procedures, the waiting times were substantially longer. Sometimes the OR or the doctor performing the procedure would be running an hour or more behind the scheduled time. When my procedure was time sensitive, my procedure was pretty much on time, so they might prioritize patients who needed procedures at certain times.
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Come prepared with questions and don't hesitate to be persistent.
The entire time during my care with Dr. Olcha, he has always been warm, personable, and genuine. He was very thorough in explaining any procedures to me and was impeccable at communicating and answering any questions I have.
I went through one egg retrieval and two frozen transfers with Dr. Olcha. Because I was ovulating on my own, he had me do natural transfers each time. The first frozen transfer failed to implant. The second frozen transfer worked.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
I have met a lot of different nurses during my time at New Hope and they were all kind. They do not all respond efficiently, but most of them do. I received instructions a few hours after every visit and they always called back when I had questions.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is a well-run, well-oiled machine- clean, comfortable, and exuding confidence in what they are doing. Monitoring was extremely efficient, taking no more than 30 minutes. I appreciated how organized they were with screens to tell you where to go. When I had to go in for procedures, the waiting times were substantially longer. Sometimes the OR or the doctor performing the procedure would be running an hour or more behind the scheduled time. When my procedure was time sensitive, my procedure was pretty much on time, so they might prioritize patients who needed procedures at certain times.
Monitoring was a breeze- I just showed up at the office during monitoring times. There are screens that tell you when and what chair to report to for bloodwork, when and what room to go to for sonogram, and if you need to visit billing. I was able to go right around 7am and I would be done with monitoring usually in less than half an hour.
New Hope Fertility Center

I thought she [Dr. Jennifer Kulp Makarov] was direct and clear about what our options were and what our likelihood of success might be. She didn't volunteer information readily, but she answered our questions when we had them. She stayed consistently hopeful and encouraging, even though my numbers might not indicate a lot of cause for hope. She seemed pragmatic and efficient.
The offices [of New Hope Fertility Center] are spacious and centrally located. They seem to move through appointments efficiently and respectfully. I consistently had good experiences with the nurses and coordinators. They knew my name and were super encouraging...The clinic was very supportive and kind. They also weren't judgmental about my low numbers, which is an experience I'd had a previous clinic.
I thought she was direct and clear about what our options were and what our likelihood of success might be. She didn't volunteer information readily, but she answered our questions when we had them. She stayed consistently hopeful and encouraging, even though my numbers might not indicate a lot of cause for hope. She seemed pragmatic and efficient.
Come prepared with questions. She won't volunteer a lot of information if unprompted.
The nature of fertility clinics is such that you're never entirely treated like a human, but as much as possible under the circumstances Dr. Makarov was efficient and informative.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The offices are spacious and centrally located. They seem to move through appointments efficiently and respectfully. I consistently had good experiences with the nurses and coordinators. They knew my name and were super encouraging. We ultimately got pregnant after eight days of taking both Clomid and Letrozole (no retrieval, just conceiving on our own). The clinic was very supportive and kind. They also weren't judgmental about my low numbers, which is an experience I'd had a previous clinic.
We were doing "mini IVF" which ended up taking multiple cycles just to retrieve a small number of eggs. I thought I would prefer a less invasive approach, then full blown IVF, but in the end, because it required multiple retrievals, it ended up feeling pretty invasive anyhow.
New Hope Fertility Center
single embryo transfer [with Dr. Jennifer Kulp Makarov]...She is very friendly and always shows up with energetic smile. She is so humble and knows her patients...her strength: Shes precise, knowledgeable , very skilled , very friendly, humble, and so passionate about her job. She obviously knows her work and knows what she is doing. She is so quick to give details and handle the patient. She is never hesitant!...she used mini IVF treatment with minimum medications
It [New Hope Fertility Center] is very nice and welcoming clinic. It is so clean and set to have patients feel relaxed and comfortable. I like that they have easy to reach location with a nice view. They are in a very quiet and nice neighborhood...used mini IVF treatment with minimum medications...very organized, friendly and humble [nursing staff]...single embryo transfer [with Dr. Jennifer Kulp Makarov]...She is very friendly and always shows up with energetic smile. She is so humble a
To keep up the good job she is doing!
she used mini IVF treatment with minimum medications
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
very organized, friendly and humble
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
It is very nice and welcoming clinic. It is so clean and set to have patients feel relaxed and comfortable. I like that they have easy to reach location with a nice view. They are in a very quiet and nice neighborhood
it was normal costs