4 Columbus Circle

Dr. Zhang was always very honest and candid in our conversations and always added some humor into our conversations which I appreciated...I liked the conservative approach that he took and always made sure I felt comfortable with the protocol before proceeding...appreciated that he canceled one transfer cycle when he didn’t think that it would be successful instead of just going for it. But he also gave me the option to continue if I wanted.
They [New Hope Fertility Center] are very organized and the office runs efficiently from check in to when you’re called back. They have a screen that lets you know where you should be when which I preferred over people yelling into a lobby. The people at the front desk always greeted everyone warmly and I always felt welcome...Most communication happens through the nurses via email but they are always available to talk on the phone if you would prefer...
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
It is very obvious that Dr. Zhang is extremely knowledgeable and competent as a doctor. I very much appreciated his candor and the humor he infused in our conversations. He always took the time to explain everything to me and made sure I understood everything before moving on. I appreciated that he canceled one transfer cycle when he didn’t think that it would be successful instead of just going for it. But he also gave me the option to continue if I wanted.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Don’t be surprised by his direct nature.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Zhang was always very honest and candid in our conversations and always added some humor into our conversations which I appreciated. He always made me feel comfortable and answered all of my questions and concerns. I liked the conservative approach that he took and always made sure I felt comfortable with the protocol before proceeding.
Describe the protocols John Zhang used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I came to Dr. Zhang as my second doctor so I went immediately into another egg retrieval. He decided to do mini IVF with me. I had previously done traditional IVF protocol at my previous doctor and did not respond very well to that and had OHSS. He believed that mini IVF would have less side effects for me with the same results and possibly better egg quality.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Most communication happens through the nurses via email but they are always available to talk on the phone if you would prefer but I preferred email. The nurses who completed the ultrasounds always read my chart before completing the ultrasound and knew exactly where I was in my cycle. Everyone always treated me with great kindness.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
They are very organized and the office runs efficiently from check in to when you’re called back. They have a screen that lets you know where you should be when which I preferred over people yelling into a lobby. The people at the front desk always greeted everyone warmly and I always felt welcome.
Monitoring was very easy to schedule. They give you a window and you can show up anytime during that window. You check in at the front desk then wait for your name to appear on the screen. You get your blood work first and then go back for an ultrasound after you complete bloodwork. I always went first thing in the morning before work and was never there for more than 20 minutes.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center.
I do not remember the exact breakdown of cost for my treatments as insurance covered the majority of my treatment except the egg retrieval and that was around $3,000.
Describe John Zhang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
I was recommended to do single embryo transfer because of the number of embryos I had and because of my age. I was not given information about doing a multiple embryo transfer.
New Hope Fertility Center

Stay on top of him [Dr. Merhi], and make sure you go to monitoring 7am-9am if you need to talk with him. Other than that you're left to random Dr's or RNs sending follow up emails...is jovial, and seems knowledgeable about general IVF. But, i'm not confident that he's able to monitor each of his cases individually because of the volume. He also suggests his Ozone Sauna Treatment (Research) 2 times a week for 3 weeks...but it's an additional $1500. Dr. Merhi is nice, but nice doesn't do Individualized care as I thought would happen.
New Hope is great with being "hopeful" about their goals, protocols, volume and results. However, there have been several occasions with my care that I had to speak up in regards of the lack of clear communication, protocols not clearly communicated or explained, Not willing to try other protocols or explain why, The OR not getting proper communication before my procedure. Over billing, Labs not ordered, RX not called in, and getting a different RN who doesn't follow my case closely each week. I expressed my frustration and disappointment with several emails, and one of the sonogram techs had to pull me aside to tell me how things are done. And how to navigate to survive the process. Considering the volume, I felt like I was treated like a number Doctor Nps
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Merhi is jovial, and seems knowledgeable about general IVF. But, i'm not confident that he's able to monitor each of his cases individually because of the volume. He also suggests his Ozone Sauna Treatment (Research) 2 times a week for 3 weeks...but it's an additional $1500. Dr. Merhi is nice, but nice doesn't do Individualized care as I thought would happen.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Stay on top of him, and make sure you go to monitoring 7am-9am if you need to talk with him. Other than that you're left to random Dr's or RNs sending follow up emails.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Zaher Merhi used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I was never told which specific agnostic or type. Just learning this myself via research. They wanted to do Natural IVF, But I reminded them that I wanted to do Mini IVF. I started with half of Isisbloom BCPs, Monitoring, Chlomid, Letrizol and then Trigger and retrieve. I have to do more rounds of retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: She never followed up, so I asked for someone else! Jasmine)
After I asked about communication improving, they seemed to make an effort. But, went back to their old ways.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strength: Rates for unlimited monitoring good. Time to get monitored good. Ultrasound Techs Nice Volume Egg Retrievals are done in both phases including Luteal-so that no eggs get left during retrieval. The OR team very efficient, compassionate and nice. Billing Team very efficient. Weakness: Bad with communication
Well oiled machine. Sign in, Screen Monitoring, and name appears on the list.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center.
A little over $6 K total, not including meds $150
Describe Zaher Merhi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
They recommend single embryo transfer. I am not at that stage.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
Communication need to be improved. I like the rates, but not sure if I am sacrificing care.
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr. Olcha loves what he does, he's extremely talented at it, but above all else he truly cares about his patients and their outcomes. He is patient, honest, thorough, and proactive. He is an excellent communicator. We feel like he is a part of our family now, and can't imagine going through any future cycles without being under his care...He provided his personal email and we were able to communicate as needed (though I tried to be respectful and not inundate him). He was the first doctor to call me after a procedure to check in and make sure I was feeling ok. Even on his days out of the office he was responsive to emails if they were urgent. I was really able to let go of my fears and just trust him, and I got the impression all of his patients feel the exact same way. He is a rare find and is invested in every patient and their future family as if it's an extension of his own family. He is stuck with us a
I had been given conflicting information about the status of my embryos [at New Hope Fertility Center]...The nurses are wonderful. I had one instance of the wrong drug information being communicated which probably had more to do with different doctor's taking over my chart after an egg retrieval than a nurse error...takes lots of insurances and doesn't balance bill, so they are one of the more affordable options as far as I have heard. I think there are enough doctors that no matter what you are dealing with, your background, or your concerns, you can find a doctor that is a good fit for you. I wish I had spoken to a couple doctors before getting started because I probably would have gone with Dr. Olcha right away and had a much better experience throughout. I am sure there are doctors at the clinic just as loved by others for different reasons (though I maintain he is a gem!!)
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
I think I already covered this in the last question. But to add a little more colour, I grew up a physician's daughter and was treated in my father's medical community by his colleagues until I was an adult. I was used to doctors treating me like their own daughter. Now of course as I independently navigate the health sphere I understand just how rare it is to find a doctor who treats you like family, especially when you're a perfect stranger. Dr. Olcha loves what he does, he's extremely talented at it, but above all else he truly cares about his patients and their outcomes. He is patient, honest, thorough, and proactive. He is an excellent communicator. We feel like he is a part of our family now, and can't imagine going through any future cycles without being under his care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Ask for him first.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Where to begin. I had seen three other doctors at the same clinic as every time I had a procedure, whoever was assigned to perform it that day sort of took me over. All of the doctors were professional and knowledgable, but it weren't a good fit for me personally, especially because being passed around lead to errors in communication, resulting in the wrong medication being prescribed, an extremely painful endoscopy without any pain medication, and other unpleasantries. I was feeling very disheartened and beginning to lose trust. Dr. Olcha went above and beyond from day one. He immediately reassured me that things were indeed on track even though I had been given conflicting information about the status of my embryos after NICS (he is the Director of NICS so I went with his opinion in the end!). He provided his personal email and we were able to communicate as needed (though I tried to be respectful and not inundate him). He was the first doctor to call me after a procedure to check in and make sure I was feeling ok. Even on his days out of the office he was responsive to emails if they were urgent. I was really able to let go of my fears and just trust him, and I got the impression all of his patients feel the exact same way. He is a rare find and is invested in every patient and their future family as if it's an extension of his own family. He is stuck with us as long as we need a reproductive endocrinologist for as long as he is practicing!
Describe the protocols Meir Olcha used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
By the time I switched to Dr. Olcha, it was in time for my first transfer. There was some debate about whether to go for a third IVF cycle/egg retrieval because we hope for a large family, but ultimately we decided to do the transfer after two cycles. So far so good!
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
I think this is very personal. The waiting room is extremely diverse. Infertility effects everyone and I was happy to see everyone comfortable coming to the same place for treatment. NHFC takes lots of insurances and doesn't balance bill, so they are one of the more affordable options as far as I have heard. I think there are enough doctors that no matter what you are dealing with, your background, or your concerns, you can find a doctor that is a good fit for you. I wish I had spoken to a couple doctors before getting started because I probably would have gone with Dr. Olcha right away and had a much better experience throughout. I am sure there are doctors at the clinic just as loved by others for different reasons (though I maintain he is a gem!!)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center.
We had amazing insurance and were incredibly grateful. I honestly don't have a sense of what we spent out of pocket because the overwhelming majority was covered and then we weren't balance billed.
Describe Meir Olcha's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
I can't speak to this but we transferred one embryo.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
I have several drug allergies and when I was passed between doctors, it was like they hadn't even read my chart. It was clear from their questions they did not even know the cause of our infertility. I was given BC for another retrieval round even though I was headed for transfer and since I'm so drug sensitive I had horrible headaches for days for no reason. Just frustrated me at the time on top of everything else and just the general stress of all the meds and hormones. I was never informed I had "switched" doctors (I hadn't), so when a new doctor who had been assigned to do my egg retrieval then ordered an endosee and spent all of 10 seconds explaining what was involved, I trusted them to move forward with this plan and assumed it was routine/ordered by the primary doctor overseeing my care. I will spare you the details, but the endosee, which we could not complete, was traumatic for me and the most pain I have ever felt in my life. In my opinion, the doctor took the procedure much too far witnessing the level of pain I was struggling with, and did not even return to the room to check on me afterwards even though I was sobbing. Given my history it should have never been performed without sedation (both my retrievals were under anesthesia) and it was clear to the primary doctor overseeing my care that I could not take vicoden or valium (allergic) which were offered to me the morning of... thus I was not administered anything for pain at all. Being offered these meds was my first tip that this was not a mild procedure (and that again important details about my medical history weren't coming up at critical times) and I felt extremely ill prepared going in. Looking back I still can't believe it happened. You do have to be flexible because your retrievals and transfers have to be timed perfectly and you get who is assigned that day, but you really need to learn to advocate for yourself and not hesitate to ask questions, raise eyebrows, trust your gut, and reiterate things about your unique case to make sure nothing falls through the cracks. Eventually Dr. Olcha performed a hysteroscopy on me under anesthesia. He discovered mild cervical stenosis, tried a water ultrasound, sono (I think), and performed a mock transfer to make sure that on the day of it would be smooth sailing. I was so grateful for his patience and it felt like he went above and beyond even though what he encountered was trickier than he expected. I felt so relieved and that he maximized the opportunity to explore my condition during a single procedure.
New Hope Fertility Center

I was so nervous of transferring the frozen eggs to a new facility but Dr. Olcha and the embryologist team at New Hope put me at ease. Their communication was amazing! I was also very nervous during my fresh egg retrieval because I did not use anesthesia. Dr. Olcha was great and I'm so glad I did it that way...Although it's a big clinic, I never felt like just a number with my doctor. The clinic is ran like a well oiled machine which was a relief to me based on my experience with my last clinic. The only weakness that I can state is that I would frequently submit required documents and test results but they would consistently state that they never received them.
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
I came to New Hope Fertility Clinic after a failed IVF experience at another clinic. During our 1st meeting with Dr. Olcha, I knew that we would be in good hands. Dr. Olcha is direct yet personable. He answered all of our questions in detail and made us feel heard. Although New Hope is a big clinic, I did not have the feeling that I was just a number. Prior to my procedure, Dr. Olcha checked on me frequently throughout email and phone. He answered any questions that I had quickly.
If you are trying to determine what doctor to use at New Hope, I would definitely recommend Dr. Olcha.
Dr. Olcha was personable and always responded to all my questions and concerns.
I had already froze 29 eggs from another clinic. After meeting with Dr. Olcha, we decided to thaw 15 of those eggs and complete another IVF cycle. Dr. Olcha was able to do fresh egg retrieval which resulted in 19 eggs. We ended up with 9 embryos then sent them for PGS testing. We now have three PGS normal embryos. I was so nervous of transferring the frozen eggs to a new facility but Dr. Olcha and the embryologist team at New Hope put me at ease. Their communication was amazing! I was also very nervous during my fresh egg retrieval because I did not use anesthesia. Dr. Olcha was great and I'm so glad I did it that way.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
I would highly recommend New Hope Fertility Center. Although it's a big clinic, I never felt like just a number with my doctor. The clinic is ran like a well oiled machine which was a relief to me based on my experience with my last clinic. The only weakness that I can state is that I would frequently submit required documents and test results but they would consistently state that they never received them.
My insurance paid for majority of treatment. I believe we had to pay $1,200 co-insurance and $5,500 for PGS testing
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr Olcha suggested single embryo transfer to avoid any complications or birth defects...treated us very nicely and always there for us whether it's a sonogram or consultation or any questions. He never hesitated to answer any question whether it was face to face or via email...was very friendly and cleared every doubt we had regarding the IVF. He took personal interest at every level to make sure we are comfortable. He even wrote a letter to our insurance explaining our situation for shifting from IUI to IVF. Our first FET was unsuccessful due to unknown reasons which was done by another doctor. He made sure the second one be a success and took every measures to make it success and it did. We are happy, we choose New Hope and Dr. Meir Olcha.
Strengths [at New Hope Fertility Center] would be: The clinic is well staffed. Whether it is for blood work or sonogram or Insurance and billing help. I don't think they have any weakness...doctors are well experienced and really helpful...20 eggs were retrieved. Among them, 18 were fertilized, and 11 reached the blastocyst stage. Others were abnormal so were discarded. I was prescribed some other medications to make sure the 2nd FET to be a successful. And one of them was stopped on the day of FET and others were continued till 10 weeks of pregnancy.
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Olcha was very friendly and cleared every doubt we had regarding the IVF. He took personal interest at every level to make sure we are comfortable. He even wrote a letter to our insurance explaining our situation for shifting from IUI to IVF. Our first FET was unsuccessful due to unknown reasons which was done by another doctor. He made sure the second one be a success and took every measures to make it success and it did. We are happy, we choose New Hope and Dr. Meir Olcha.
Make sure, you are open to Dr. Olcha and explain him all your concerns and questions so he could treat you accordingly.
Dr Olcha treated us very nicely and always there for us whether it's a sonogram or consultation or any questions. He never hesitated to answer any question whether it was face to face or via email.
I was prescribed a medicine for the follicles to grow. 20 eggs were retrieved. Among them, 18 were fertilized, and 11 reached the blastocyst stage. Others were abnormal so were discarded. I was prescribed some other medications to make sure the 2nd FET to be a successful. And one of them was stopped on the day of FET and others were continued till 10 weeks of pregnancy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
You will be called within 10 mins of your check in time. They were very gentle while drawing the blood or while doing the sonogram. They made sure, we are comfortable at every step.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strengths would be: The clinic is well staffed. Whether it is for blood work or sonogram or Insurance and billing help. I don't think they have any weakness. Al the doctors are well experienced and really helpful.
75% was covered by our insurance for all fertility treatment and copay of 20$ for diagnostics and 30$ for doctor visit was charged.
Dr Zhang and Dr Olcha suggested single embryo transfer to avoid any complications or birth defects.
New Hope Fertility Center

I always felt like he [Dr. Olcha] was giving me his full attention - he was always in the office when I would go in for monitoring the mornings. I think he works everyday because I would always see him which was so lovely. He could always come in to my scans and give me feedback right there which was really helpful for me because I like to be informed...He made what tends to be a stressful situation so easy and positive! I truly have only good things to say about my experience.
Before my first cycle [at New Hope Fertility Center] and before the second cycle, I took birth control to baseline everything... The results were good both times - he [Dr. Olcha] seemed really happy with it - overall, 18 eggs retrieved and 17 frozen...The nurses were AMAZING. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. They really helped me with any additional questions I had...Tons of seating and really open and bright with lots of windows. I visited other locations with waiting areas that are dark and depressing with women waiting packed together in a room - that does not work for me! After checking in with the receptionist (who were all so friendly),
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
From the moment I met Dr. Olcha, I knew I would be in the best hands. I didn't know much at the beginning of the process about anything and he was so patient and explained everything to me. During my first retrieval, I had a ton of questions but he answered everything and really made me feel at ease. My experience was really positive - the medication he prescribed to me for both cycles was so easy - the injections didn't hurt - it was a dream scenario. I responded well both times and had good outcomes and he was happy with the results and was really with me every step of the way both times. I am so fortunate to have had Dr. Olcha as my doctor. He made what tends to be a stressful situation so easy and positive! I truly have only good things to say about my experience.
My advice to a prospective patient of Dr. Olcha's would be NOT to worry. He's the best! You can't go wrong!
Dr. Olcha is the best doctor. I always felt like he was giving me his full attention - he was always in the office when I would go in for monitoring the mornings. I think he works everyday because I would always see him which was so lovely. He could always come in to my scans and give me feedback right there which was really helpful for me because I like to be informed.
For both cycles, my treatment was pretty similar. Before my first cycle and before the second cycle, I took birth control to baseline everything. Then once I started, it was a Follstim injection every night for the whole time with Clomid for the whole time as well and Letrozole for the first 5 nights. Orillissa before I triggered, and then the retrievals! It was really easy and pain-free - the injections did not hurt me at all even though I was so scared in the beginning! I would go in for monitoring early in the morning and he would always have instructions for me on what protocol to do next right away and I never had to wait long. The results were good both times - he seemed really happy with it - overall, 18 eggs retrieved and 17 frozen.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nurses were AMAZING. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. They really helped me with any additional questions I had. They were so patient in showing me how to inject myself, etc. All of the nurses are amazing at New Hope!
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
I have nothing but great things to say about New Hope! The offices are beautiful - right on Columbus Circle - it's large and spacious and very calming (I love the fish tanks!). They really know what they are doing and are so professional. I researched other places before deciding to go with New Hope. What they do their is so impressive! I really think they are the best at what they do.
I loved going in for monitoring! It the highlight of my weeks! The lobby/waiting area is so lovely and spacious. Tons of seating and really open and bright with lots of windows. I visited other locations with waiting areas that are dark and depressing with women waiting packed together in a room - that does not work for me! After checking in with the receptionist (who were all so friendly), I'd sit and wait for a few minutes before being called in for bloodwork. I don't love getting my blood taken but everyone at New Hope was so gentle and I survived every time and it barely hurt and they made me feel at ease. Then when I would get called in for the ultrasound, it was so fun and informative to see everything on the screen and how my follicles were progressing. Dr. Olcha works so hard everyday so every morning that I would go in for monitoring, he would be there! It was nice to have him in all of my scans! Chelsea, the physician's assistant who works with Dr. Olcha, is also a star. She is so lovely and I am so thankful she was there doing most of my scans for me.
The costs were in line with what was originally outlined - I did my research so I pretty much knew what they would be. I think it was well worth the expense.

2020, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Zhang] is very experienced with mini IVF using oral medications mostly and/or low dose injectables and IVF for women over 40. He also experienced in doing ovarian PRP for women who struggle with egg quality and quantity....The clinic [New Hope] and he have a lot of experience doing mini IVF. So they use a combo of both letrozole and clomid together or separately as well as very low dose injectables. The rationale is having quality over quantity...
They [New Hope] are busy with many patients but the prices are affordable for people who do not have IVF coverage. They specialize in Mini IVF so that also makes meds cheaper since you don't take a lot of the expensive injectable meds. The in house PGS testing is affordable. Even if you start with a certain doctor, that doctor may not be the one giving your instructions so make sure you check in with your doctor during the cycle if you have questions....You deal with multiple nurses [at New Hope] so that makes it harder. For example I had to ask each nurse each time to use a certain insurance code on my outside monitoring orders...
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
He is very experienced with mini IVF using oral medications mostly and/or low dose injectables and IVF for women over 40. He also experienced in doing ovarian PRP for women who struggle with egg quality and quantity.
They seem like a busy clinic so be your own advocate and don't let yourself fall through the cracks.
I felt like during the phone consult he spent time discussing my case. I felt he cared and had experience I was looking for.
The clinic and he have a lot of experience doing mini IVF. So they use a combo of both letrozole and clomid together or separately as well as very low dose injectables. The rationale is having quality over quantity.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
You deal with multiple nurses so that makes it harder. For example I had to ask each nurse each time to use a certain insurance code on my outside monitoring orders.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
They are busy with many patients but the prices are affordable for people who do not have IVF coverage. They specialize in Mini IVF so that also makes meds cheaper since you don't take a lot of the expensive injectable meds. The in house PGS testing is affordable. Even if you start with a certain doctor, that doctor may not be the one giving your instructions so make sure you check in with your doctor during the cycle if you have questions.
the prices are al la carte. The prices are pretty affordable
The clinic does a lot of PGS testing due to the low pricing of in house PGS testing and the advanced ages of the women. So they do many single embryo transfers in this case. They will transfer multiple embryos if not tested or if they are day 3 embryos.
New Hope Fertility Center

Zaher Merhi is a clear communicator and blunt about risks and costs. He deals with severe infertility patients and older patients, so he is very clear about treatment options and your odds of getting pregnant. That said, he has always been smiling and positive...I have severe infertility and very low egg reserve, so we have done estrogen only and natural IVF. I also did Ovarian rejuvenation with PRP.
Just like the clinic, they [nurses of New Hope Fertility Center] are busy. You will always be dealing with whoever is available and occasionally information has had to be clarified...I did outside monitoring and they made that process easy for me and updated me quickly...$500/month for outside monitoring during natural IVF cycles. $3000 for egg retrieval. Very decent pricing.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Zaher Merhi is a clear communicator and blunt about risks and costs. He deals with severe infertility patients and older patients, so he is very clear about treatment options and your odds of getting pregnant. That said, he has always been smiling and positive. He is always willing to fight for you and your fertility if you understand the risks and want to fight. He gave me hope. I would only change one thing. He did not call when my little embryo (the only one I've ever gotten) died on day three. I got a cold, one sentence email from the lab. He should have called.
He works in a high volume, fast-paced clinic. If you want to speak to him directly, be clear and let the nursing staff or his team know. Also, you can always reach him via email. Expect a blunt, but consistently cheerful and positive man.
This clinic is extremely efficient. Some people may feel like a number in their fast paced environment, but I liked it. However, on the rare occasions that I spoke directly with Dr. Merhi, he was always smiling and positive. Unlike other doctors, he was willing to contribute the fight with me.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Just like the clinic, they are busy. You will always be dealing with whoever is available and occasionally information has had to be clarified.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
My doctor is great when he is available and the clinic is efficient, clean and not too expensive. The efficiency of the clinic can make it feel cold and sometimes you will have to ask for attention and clarify information.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
I once had two nurses in the same day email me two differing amounts of estrogen to take for the upcoming twelve days. I had to clarify. Also, whenever my bloodwork results come back, I always have to ask for the details of my follicle lengths. Not the end of the world, just an annoyance.
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr Merhi ALWAYS has treated me as a human, Remembered details about me and has been completely on top of my care at all times, even when he is not physically in the office...He has been thorough, showed me kindness and I can tell he genuinely wants us to have our baby...I would not consider myself an easy patient as I like to understand everything that is going on, ask many questions and the process can be very difficult for me He has never once made me feel rushed or like a number. He is thorough, kind, empathetic, charismatic and most importantly extremely good at dictating and adjusting the protocols needed for you to have your baby.
I have not one bad word to say about New Hope and I have (unfortunately) been a patient for a long time. as I am doing mostly natural cycle, which can take time. They are busy, clean, well located and run like a well oiled machine. Some people could feel overwhelmed at such a busy clinic but I do not at all. I am familiar with many of the staff now and it is a pleasant experience going there. Excellent daily monitoring hours.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
I have unfortunately had a long experience with some set backs trying to conceive. Dr Merhi has cared for me since day one and I struggle to imagine a better doctor. He has been thorough, showed me kindness and I can tell he genuinely wants us to have our baby. No matter how long it takes I would never want anyone else to be in charge of my care. I would not consider myself an easy patient as I like to understand everything that is going on, ask many questions and the process can be very difficult for me He has never once made me feel rushed or like a number. He is thorough, kind, empathetic, charismatic and most importantly extremely good at dictating and adjusting the protocols needed for you to have your baby.
Book in with him as soon as you can. You will not regret it. Expect that at New Hope the doctors often work as a team effort so know that even if it doesn't seem that you see him often, he is still always reviewing your results and making decisions.
Many natural cycles (usually producing one eggs) Few mini ivf cycles )usually producing one-three eggs)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
New Hops nurses are a wonderful group of women. They are thorough and attentive and always pleasant to deal with. Sometimes it can be a challenge getting a response from them but you can always call and speak to someone or send another email and that always does the trick. They are a very busy clinic some days.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
I have no fertility insurance coverage so everything for me is self paying. Monitoring unlimited $800 Egg Retrieval $1250
SET only for tested blasts Willing to be flexible for 3 day untested embryos
New Hope Fertility Center
Dr. Olcha made the entire process very simple. His expertise, professionalism and personal manner made it very easy for me and my husband. We were more than happy with every detail of the process. The entire experience seemed so simple yet personal. Never did we have any doubt on anything as Dr. Olcha was very good in explaining everything... made sure I didn’t need too much IVF injections and was monitored on a daily basis. Once my eggs were at a good size; in one simple procedure he was able to retrieve 26 eggs! And 8 embryos were then then frozen. We also did genetics testing as we hoped our first born be a boy along with checking for diseases. The entire process was well communicated at all times. In my next cycle he performed our chosen embryo transfer. Everything went very well and I am now 9 weeks pregnant thanks to Dr. Olcha!
The nursing staff [at New Hope Fertility Center] are a great reflection on the clinic. Each and every nurse are super nice and attentive. Any time I had the most simply question they were are very helpful. My emails would also be responded to in a timely manner. I must say the nurses are a great contribution to the clinic and the great work that takes place there. Well done! I will miss seeing your familiar faces!
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Please pick him as your primary doctor. He is simply the best! If I needed fertility treatment again: he is my number 1 option!
Dr Olcha has been an amazing doctor for me and my husband. From our very first meeting up to gratulating with babe at week 9 he has been thorough in every detail. We have always felt very comfortable with him and so happy we decided to have him as our primary doctor. Every step he been a breeze for us due to his calm, professional and very approachable manner. Without him we would not be where we are today. I would definitely recommend him to those many couples who are struggling with fertility. Thank you!
Dr. Olcha made sure I didn’t need too much IVF injections and was monitored on a daily basis. Once my eggs were at a good size; in one simple procedure he was able to retrieve 26 eggs! And 8 embryos were then then frozen. We also did genetics testing as we hoped our first born be a boy along with checking for diseases. The entire process was well communicated at all times. In my next cycle he performed our chosen embryo transfer. Everything went very well and I am now 9 weeks pregnant thanks to Dr. Olcha!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nursing staff are a great reflection on the clinic. Each and every nurse are super nice and attentive. Any time I had the most simply question they were are very helpful. My emails would also be responded to in a timely manner. I must say the nurses are a great contribution to the clinic and the great work that takes place there. Well done! I will miss seeing your familiar faces!
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Everything in the clinic is amazing, from the doctors, nurses, staff, waiting area, soft music in the back ground and even the light scent in the air makes coming to this clinic very easy. I have always felt very comfortable coming to this clinic and enjoyed every visit. Also knowing they have teh bat staff and technology I never had a moments doubt that our treatment here would be successful.
All the nurses and staff were super nice and very friendly. They always remembered me and made feel comfortable. Thank you! I will miss seeing you.
Costs were very good and way within budget. We were very happy.
New Hope Fertility Center
He [Dr. Zhang] seems to be a very knowledgeable doctor and I really love the fact that he is using the Mini IVF and doesn’t feed the patient a lot of medication. Unfortunately I didn’t get to talk to him a lot and can’t say if he was behind my treatment or somebody else even if he was in Charge of my case...[he]is so busy and has so many patients that he doesn’t have time to even talk to you he is there for the initial consult and after that you are only dealing with nurses
Even the nurses [at New Hope Fertility Center] are very busy so is hard to communicate trough them with a doctor. If you go to the clinic or write an email on the portal almost each time it is a different nurse who will answer or some times two of them will answer with different responses...$500 for first appointment. Retrieval process plus frozen egg transfer plus monitoring plus pgt testing for 2 embryos cost me more than $12 000.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
He seems to be a very knowledgeable doctor and I really love the fact that he is using the Mini IVF and doesn’t feed the patient a lot of medication. Unfortunately I didn’t get to talk to him a lot and can’t say if he was behind my treatment or somebody else even if he was in Charge of my case.
If you have other medical problems find doctors to take care of them or monitor you for them because at NH they only check the blood work that are at interest to them not other things that can be related to your fertility issues. Not testing your thyroid hormones or things like that and rose could be very important in your journey.
Doctor is so busy and has so many patients that he doesn’t have time to even talk to you he is there for the initial consult and after that you are only dealing with nurses. If he does make time to talk to you it will be on the hallway for 5 min. I don’t think he even has time to review your chart and lives that to God knows who. You’ll never know who takes care of your case you’re just told what to do and that’s it. You can’t trust the treatment or ask questions because you do not know who to ask since your doctor is not available and every time you are talking to a different nurse or different doctor.
He used a Mini IVF for 5 days :Clomid, Letrozole, Follistim and other 2 days of Letrozole and Follistim then retrieval. For transfer I was doing Progesterone Estrogen, Lovenox and Prednisone. Stimulation was minimal and still got 2 good embryos.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The majority of the nurses do not speak very good English and is hard to communicate with them. Even the nurses are very busy so is hard to communicate trough them with a doctor. If you go to the clinic or write an email on the portal almost each time it is a different nurse who will answer or some times two of them will answer with different responses.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is very busy so don’t expect for somebody to look closely at your case. They are just looking at your blood work and ultrasound and not any other impact of other disease that you might have. They have a very good embryology they even have a way to mature your eggs if they weren’t when they did the retrieval. Retrieval doctors and transfer doctors were very delicate and I did not need sedation. Be careful with what you pay and keep the receipts. From time to time ask for statements Otherwise they might surprise you with extra bills. Communication is very poor between doctors, nurses and patients. Very hard to get some answers because is hard to get to someone who listens to what you have to say and have the power to do something about it. Technicians sometimes will give you their opinion which is different from the doctors opinion so you will be put in doubt. You’ll never know if what is going on is good or bad you’ll just go with the wave... If I would have had Dr Zhang taking care of me and communicating with me all the time I would have been very pleased because I really trust that he could make a difference for me but since he didn’t and had to deal each time with a different person I am really confused with this clinic and not satisfied with the results as well.
Monitoring was ok they have 6 rooms for that. Some ultrasound equipment is better than other.
2020, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Lana Lipkin] is LGBTQ friendly and culturally competent. She is patient and a good listener. She considers my desires and opinions when creating her management plan. She clearly communicates her plan and strategy and is happy to answer all of my questions in detail...I have only completed 2 cycles with Dr. Lipkin. The first cycle she used Letrizole to gently stimulate my ovaries.
The clinic [New Hope Fertility Center] is well run, clean, organized, and good at communicating. The waiting room is inviting and has snacks and beverages and monitors that indicate when and where a patient is being called for blood/sono/financial/etc. I have found the staff to be 100% kind and compassionate and helpful.
How was your experience with Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
She is LGBTQ friendly and culturally competent. She is patient and a good listener. She considers my desires and opinions when creating her management plan. She clearly communicates her plan and strategy and is happy to answer all of my questions in detail.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
Don't hesitate to tell her what is important to you because she will listen and take your priorities into consideration.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
She is a fantastic listener, always willing to explain all the reasons behind her strategy and to answer all my questions.
Describe the protocols Lana Lipkin used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I have only completed 2 cycles with Dr. Lipkin. The first cycle she used Letrizole to gently stimulate my ovaries. I produced 4 follicles. After and ovidril trigger, all four were retrieved. Only two were immediately mature enough to have ICSI. The remaining 2 were cultured until they were mature enough and also had ICSI. Only one made it to blastocyst (rated: 312). That single blastocyst was transferred and did not end in pregnancy. The second cycle was again with Letrizole stimulation. I only produced 2 follicles and began to have an LH surge on my own. She monitored my LH (but did not trigger me). They were able to retrieve both eggs and only one reached blastocyst (rated: 411). This blastocyst we decided to freeze due to the stress of Covid-19 (I am an essential worker) and in order give my ovaries a break before attempting to stimulate them again in 1mo in hopes of getting another blastocyst for transfer.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The entire staff at New Hope is kind, welcoming, and compassionate.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is well run, clean, organized, and good at communicating. The waiting room is inviting and has snacks and beverages and monitors that indicate when and where a patient is being called for blood/sono/financial/etc. I have found the staff to be 100% kind and compassionate and helpful.
Well oiled machine. They offer early hours which allowed me to monitor without missing any work. They move people through in a timely and respectful manner.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center.
Our insurance doesn't cover our fertility treatments but New Hope has significantly reduced prices for patients paying out of pocket. We have been pleasantly surprised by the cost and expected it to be almost twice the cost.
Describe Lana Lipkin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
Dr. Lipkin and I both decided that it would be best to only transfer one embryo at a time. I typically am unable to produce more than one egg that reaches blastocyst anyway.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
There was a single email from a nurse with my trigger and retrieval time that had a typo in the hour in one portion of the email but was correct in another portion. I emailed back to clarify and got a prompt response with an apology for the error and the corrected/consistent trigger & retrieval time.
2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Olcha is very communicative and you can reach him with a simple email. He makes it a point to meet with you after procedures. My medication changed and he called me on his day off to explain why he wanted to change things around. He's compassionate and very thorough. At our initial consultation he even told us an ideal diet you should have when trying to conceive...
[New Hope Fertility Center] clinic doesnt push all the normal medications if you dont want them. They offer a variety of IVF treatments including a natural IVF which is no stimulating drugs and just a trigger shot to release the egg for retrieval. I was drawn to this practice because they focus on one good quality egg and not the amount of eggs...[cost]about 1500 for retrieval, transfer about 7000. Every monitoring appointment, cost varies
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr Olcha is very communicative and you can reach him with a simple email. He makes it a point to meet with you after procedures. My medication changed and he called me on his day off to explain why he wanted to change things around. He's compassionate and very thorough. At our initial consultation he even told us an ideal diet you should have when trying to conceive. He was the first doctor to mention that and educate me, with all the other doctors I did a ton of research and found out all of this info.
Stay positive!
He is extremely considerate and even called to talk to me on his day off.
Clomid 2x a day and Letrozole 1x a day. Stopped Letrozole and then stopped Clomid because FSH was rising too high. I did a mini ivf which Dr Olcha thought was a good way to go because sometimes many places use too many drugs and that could harm the egg/embryo. I received 2 eggs, when in the retrieval he actually had one retrieved that was 10 mm (which Ive never heard of, usually they only will retrieve if theyre 18mm). The egg matured and was fertilized but sadly by day 3 failed to grow. I am now on birth control to hopefully get my hormones more balanced for the next try.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nursing staff is great. They seem very positive and on point.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
This clinic doesnt push all the normal medications if you dont want them. They offer a variety of IVF treatments including a natural IVF which is no stimulating drugs and just a trigger shot to release the egg for retrieval. I was drawn to this practice because they focus on one good quality egg and not the amount of eggs. They even offer an At Home IVF, which during these times is such a great offering!
Monitoring appointments have great hours. 7-2 pm and they even offer a 6-9. Really convenient
about 1500 for retrieval, transfer about 7000. Every monitoring appointment, cost varies, Medications are separate. Freezing of eggs 1500. light anesthesia 150
New Hope Fertility Center
I trust [Dr. Makarov's] intellect and experience, but felt in the dark quite often about why things were being done the way they were. I liked knowing what was happening and would have to bother the nurses to explain everything...Also, being 42 I don't think the doctor advised me accurately from the start at how slim the chances were of having good enough eggs and embryos without abnormalities. She is skilled and intelligent, and great at her job, but could have let us know how small the chances were before we got into it. We could have opted for a more aggressive treatment cycle.Keep notes of questions you want answered at the visits. After monitoring she has to run elsewhere, and doesn't have time to discuss side effects, make predictions etc. On one hand, it's nice not to have a "performer" giving false assurances, on the other, it would be nice to hear some positive thoughts on the process...We did mini ivf both times...The first 2 that made it to blastocysts were complex abnormal and not recommended for transfer.
Oksana [nurse at New Hope] was the main person I met with, but quite often emails would come from whoever was on staff, even if I never met them before. They would try to be detailed and when they would send emails missing information, I would have to ask for clarification, and they would send it...I would have liked if the clinic provided more than one sit down consultation with the doctor. Before starting a second IVF, I would have liked that they met with me, discussed what they think went wrong, and how they were going to address it for the next one. They should have told me, after the first egg retrieval, that I should prepare immediately for another, and the reasons why. Instead I was presented papers to sign I could barely understand, while waking up from sedation, by a disgruntled employee who didn't want to deal with me, or my collapsing recovery chair, being told that I was to have another egg retrieval for the first time.
How was your experience with Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center?
I trust Makarov's intellect and experience, but felt in the dark quite often about why things were being done the way they were. I liked knowing what was happening and would have to bother the nurses to explain everything.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center?
She's on the 3rd floor, not the 4th which feels like a mall during busy times. People remembered me, and answered my emails.
Describe the protocols Jennifer Kulp Makarov used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We did mini ivf both times. The second time around we used more GonalF per dose, so that we could get more follicles and more chances for successful embryos. The first 2 that made it to blastocysts were complex abnormal and not recommended for transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: So many people were wonderful)
Oksana was the main person I met with, but quite often emails would come from whoever was on staff, even if I never met them before. They would try to be detailed and when they would send emails missing information, I would have to ask for clarification, and they would send it. This part was frustrating, just send an email with everything a patient would want to know.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Clean, beautiful, conveniently located, organized and modern. On-site lab. Cookies or banana bread with coffee and infused water for people waiting. I disliked how hard it was to consistently take my blood - multiple people fumbled this.Frequently caused pain that would last the rest of the day and into the next for the next draw. Only 2 people could consistently successfully find my veins. The 4th floor had an inexplicable air freshener that was so strong, it filled the elevators. It stung my eyes the first time I visited. The billing "cashier" is off putting and has a very disinterested and bored attitude, and is in the same room as the rest of the people waiting their turn to make their dreams come true. They need to change that. The wake up after egg retrieval was so harsh - the chair kept falling backwards and I was jolted awake from the anesthetic. Not cozy or warm and the person dealing with me seemed to hate her job and made me sign something when barely cognizant. No doctor or nurse to talk to you afterwards to help you feel any dignity. I left with blood on my hand left from the anesthesiologist and just feeling incised. Instead of heading home to relax and recuperate, I asked for a meeting with the client care coordinator and submitted my complaints. The good is that they do care about their client experience and want to grow and expand. So they seemed interested in how they could do better.
The 3rd floor monitoring experience was nice. There was a screen for the 4th floor appointments with people's names coming up that were not in the room. Not sure why that was there. There was coffee, tea, water and snack. It was quiet and intimate and not as perfumed as the 4th floor. The upstairs monitoring is sometimes standing room only and a well oiled machine. But still can mean a wait for over an hour some days.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center.
For the first egg retrieval we were covered by insurance. The second time, our plan had changed and it was out of network. 2750 for egg retrieval and fertilization (ICSI). 550 for anesthetic. 750 for NICS PGS testing (which includes free ICSI) and 1200 for freezing...some additional costs as well.
Describe Jennifer Kulp Makarov's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
We didn't get to that phase.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
I would have liked if the clinic provided more than one sit down consultation with the doctor. Before starting a second IVF, I would have liked that they met with me, discussed what they think went wrong, and how they were going to address it for the next one. They should have told me, after the first egg retrieval, that I should prepare immediately for another, and the reasons why. Instead I was presented papers to sign I could barely understand, while waking up from sedation, by a disgruntled employee who didn't want to deal with me, or my collapsing recovery chair, being told that I was to have another egg retrieval for the first time. I'd also would have liked to have had an opportunity to speak to my doctor with my pants on, at her desk, and not in the exam room, about my case, with her halfway out the door. They booked her solid and ultimately I stopped seeing her and didn't care. Next, the billing cashier ran my partners credit card for a charge without notifying us first. She also didn't allow me to get on the wait list for the final blood draw before the egg retrieval until I paid. I waited a half hour thinking I was soon to be called up. The charges were all explained and she told me what the charges would be. Then gave me the receipt, and told me she'd email the receipt too (never did). Then my partner gets a cc notification that another 550 was charged, without an email notifying us that this was happening or a receipt to our emails. Overall, the cashier is the most demoralizing of the experience. I have no problem paying for services rendered but to make me line up like I'm buying tacos at a food truck is just not respectful of our time or money in a room that's supposed to be about "hope". Also, being 42 I don't think the doctor advised me accurately from the start at how slim the chances were of having good enough eggs and embryos without abnormalities. She is skilled and intelligent, and great at her job, but could have let us know how small the chances were before we got into it. We could have opted for a more aggressive treatment cycle.
Jennifer Kulp Makarov
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr. Makarov is very nice and she helped me understand how the whole IVF journey would go as it was my first time. She encouraged us to switch our insurance company so that we could have more IVF cycles for the new year which we didn't realize was an option. A lot of times I felt a little lost as to what the big picture plan would be which I guess can be the nature of IVF...You may be someone who won't need too much meds/stimulation to be successful but if you're like me (DOR), you may need more and I wish I would have figured this out earlier and started somewhere else.
They [New Hope Fertility Center staff] get you in and out very quickly and the whole place is a very well-oiled machine. The Billing department is very on top of it and good at explaining the costs etc. The clinic itself is very conveniently located and has great hours for monitoring. Again, understand their specialty which is 'natural and mini IVF'...Monitoring was any time from 7am-2pm during the week and 7-12pm on the weekends. There were a lot of different ultrasound technicians that would perform ultrasounds when the doctor was too busy or wasn't in (on the weekends)
Understand that NHFC is a very very busy clinic that specializes in 'natural IVF'. You may be someone who won't need too much meds/stimulation to be successful but if you're like me (DOR), you may need more and I wish I would have figured this out earlier and started somewhere else.
The clinic is super busy and it was hard to get a chance to talk to her even though she was doing my ultrasounds almost every day. She is very nice and happy to explain things but super busy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nurses were really nice and caring. Sometimes I wasn't sure if they seemed to remember me and my specific needs/issues which I know is hard because they must have so many patients that they are caring for at one time.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
They get you in and out very quickly and the whole place is a very well-oiled machine. The Billing department is very on top of it and good at explaining the costs etc. The clinic itself is very conveniently located and has great hours for monitoring. Again, understand their specialty which is 'natural and mini IVF'. They offer regular IVF but didn't start there for me and maybe they should have.
Monitoring was any time from 7am-2pm during the week and 7-12pm on the weekends. There were a lot of different ultrasound technicians that would perform ultrasounds when the doctor was too busy or wasn't in (on the weekends). The clinic seemed to hire a bunch of new technicians when I was going there and it just felt like so many different people were caring for you that I would worry info would be lost among all of these moving parts.
Jennifer Kulp Makarov
New Hope Fertility Center

You won't see her [Dr. Lana Lipkin] all the time, so take advantage of your meetings and calls with her. Have all your questions prepared. She knows her stuff...She's smart and a whip, was very patient, and answered any and every question I asked in our in-person talks. If it ever felt impersonal, it was due to the having to use New Hope's email service as communication between visits. Sometimes nurses respond instead of Lipkin for things that they could handle. But, for the important things, Lipkin made sure to call me in a timely manner and I always feel comforted afterwards. I feel like I'm in good hands and that I'm not broken.
If it ever felt impersonal, it was due to the having to use New Hope's email service as communication between visits. Sometimes nurses respond instead of [Dr.] Lipkin for things that they could handle...Some phlebotomists could be gentler and have more experience with lighter veins or darker skin. The nurses answer questions in a pretty timely way over the email portal, but there were a few times that were frustrating. I've had to email for further clarification on directions given by nurses.
How was your experience with Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Lipkin has a very straightforward way of talking, but more so like someone who knows what she's talking about a not a blunt, rude person. Talking with her instantly makes me feel better because she's so smart and clever, even. She's one of those people who's nodding in understanding before I'm done bumbling through my half-formed questions. She listens as well as she advises, which is awesome. She's a very busy person, but she finds time to call back or meet in person, whichever is most convenient. I'm glad I chose her.
You won't see her all the time, so take advantage of your meetings and calls with her. Have all your questions prepared. She knows her stuff.
Dr. Lipkin's pretty awesome. She's smart and a whip, was very patient, and answered any and every question I asked in our in-person talks. If it ever felt impersonal, it was due to the having to use New Hope's email service as communication between visits. Sometimes nurses respond instead of Lipkin for things that they could handle. But, for the important things, Lipkin made sure to call me in a timely manner and I always feel comforted afterwards. I feel like I'm in good hands and that I'm not broken.
First cycle: birth control pills for a week, 300 units of Gonal-F per shot until they later reduce, Clomid, Letrozole, and Cetrotide taken in separated parts. Second cycle: the same, but the Gonal-F units were smaller.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
It's a mixed bag, but overall good. Some phlebotomists could be gentler and have more experience with lighter veins or darker skin. The nurses answer questions in a pretty timely way over the email portal, but there were a few times that were frustrating. I've had to email for further clarification on directions given by nurses.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strengths: They're efficient, overall friendly, and many of them genuinely feel like they want the best for us. Their numbers as far as pregnancies and IVF cycles are great. Their operating hours are unmatched, even during COVID in the city. It's right next to many trains in Manhattan. Weaknesses: The scent of the office is strong, too perfume-y. The ads on the televisions should be more diverse, not just white babies. Some people may feel their efficient way of meeting patients feels assembly line-ish. Their billing department could really use more help.
The monitoring happens at every visit or appointment. Your name will come up next to its own monitoring room number on the television, so pay attention!
Roughly 10k, give or take. Much cheaper than the competition.
New Hope Fertility Center

She [Dr. Lipkin] gives you the minimum (information wise)...When asking about retrieval & if she would do all my procedures she laughed and said “no there is a group of doctors here & depends who is assigned for it that day. But don’t worry (insert laugh)…’it’s a very easy procedure – anyone can do it really” (thought it was very unprofessional & didn’t like fact she thought this was a joke. For someone who’s never done this, it’s a pretty big deal specially the 1st time. She did not give me that comfort security feeling at all. On my consultations with her - I felt rushed & was trying to get as much in since I could feel her being annoyed. It was very clear to me every time I was just a body to her...didnt get the feeling a)she was doing her best for me or b)even believed I could get pregnant.
had 2 nurses [at New Hope Fertility Center] emailed me 2 different conflicting instructions. Luckily I stayed at clinic until I was told my next steps (didnt know yet at this point they always email you & you dont have to wait there for it). I asked for clarification & nurse called me & confirmed...never got to retrieval since I ovulated...Strength - very organized, efficient, great billing department, great front desk staff, great hours/opened weekends, Weakness - nurses bedside manners are lacking. Advice - do your research on the doctors & maybe have a consultation with a few to figure out best match for you. I stayed too long with Dr Lipkin. I've understood more & been taken care of more by Dr Olcha than I did with Lipkin.
How was your experience with Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
I was at New Hope for 2 months before switching doctors (from Lipkin to Dr Olcha…did a review for him too). I had a consultation with her and she seemed cold, robotic, very factual which is fine, answering questions with a smirk (ego type of laugh)…I felt like I was just one more for her. It was our 1st meeting & not even 5 minutes in she said “You know….you don’t have to take so many notes…we are the experts, you need to trust”. I explained that I do that anywhere for future reference in case I forget. When asking about retrieval & if she would do all my procedures she laughed and said “no there is a group of doctors here & depends who is assigned for it that day. But don’t worry (insert laugh)…’it’s a very easy procedure – anyone can do it” (thought it was very unprofessional & didn’t like fact she thought this was a joke. For someone who’s never done this, it’s a pretty big deal specially the 1st time. She did not give me that comfort security feeling at all. On our 2nd meeting (which I scheduled since after 2 months I hadn’t seen her yet since our original consultation), I had a list of questions. I felt rushed & was trying to get as much in since I could feel her being annoyed. One of my questions was “why where we doing “mini ivf vs. regular ivf?”. Her response was “because we cant create something out of nothing”…after this I froze, felt shocked & realized no point in asking more questions. I felt like crying. I realized then that she did not care for me. She did not believe she could get me pregnant. I was just one more…one more body. I asked what was my ovarian reserve & she said it should be 4-5 follicles per ovary so yours is low even for your age”. I asked my new doctor the same question a month later & he said it was consistent with my age (2-3 total). Our 2nd meeting was also when I found out by a nurse I was pregnant but when talking to Dr Lipkin 5 mins later as she explained “well you are ..except you are not”…she had no compassion when telling me, just told me I had a chemical pregnancy and happens to a lot of women. I left the clinic and had to google what a chemical pregnancy was since still wasn’t very clear. I had a trigger shot & came next day to confirm retrieval. It turned out I had ovulated so missed the chance. The doctor that came in to explain is the one who became my new doctor (Dr Olcha – did review for him here too). She never called me or emailed me. After 2-3 weeks post that event & not hearing from her plus all reasons above, I decided to switch to Dr Olcha & Im soooooo glad I did. The experience has been night & day. Anytime I talked to friends who had gone thru this process they would ask me questions & I could not answer. I had lists of questions for my doctor yet felt like I was just one more, going for blood work & sonogram but no real doctor connection, a doc looking out for me & really watching/customizing my case. The clinic is super efficient but her bedside manners are not the best. A friend of mine who had her wife pregnant there said the same thing…bedside manners are lacking. Dr Lipkin – THUMBS DOWN big time. Big disappointment, big waste of time. Dr Olcha (separate review) – THE BEST! So happy I made the switch. They are night & day & he is pure LIGHT
She has no bedside manners, not compassionate. if you care to have someone who has your best interests, actually cares, is compassionate - I would NOT go with her. Advice - schedule consultations once a month or whenever you need them since she wont....she relies on nurses to send email with recommendations but not much personal touch/interaction from her side.
Like a # with her. I had a consultation with her and she seemed cold, robotic, very factual which is fine, answering questions with a smirk (ego type of laugh)…I felt like I was just one more for her. She is not tactful, her answers are short & she wont tell you anything unless you ask. She gives you the minimum (information wise). I When asking about retrieval & if she would do all my procedures she laughed and said “no there is a group of doctors here & depends who is assigned for it that day. But don’t worry (insert laugh)…’it’s a very easy procedure – anyone can do it really” (thought it was very unprofessional & didn’t like fact she thought this was a joke. For someone who’s never done this, it’s a pretty big deal specially the 1st time. She did not give me that comfort security feeling at all. On my consultations with her - I felt rushed & was trying to get as much in since I could feel her being annoyed. It was very clear to me every time I was just a body to her...didnt get the feeling a)she was doing her best for me or b)even believed I could get pregnant.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Nursing staff doesnt have the best bedside manners. Emails are detailed and easy to follow (its a clinic thing not linked to the doctors per se) but did notice Dr Olcha has a separate nurse support group (smaller group so more hands on vs all the nurses for the full clinic)
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
trigger shot $100 never got to retrieval since I ovulated. before my next cycle/retrieval I switched to Dr Olcha thank God!
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
had 2 nurses emailed me 2 different conflicting instructions. Luckily I stayed at clinic until I was told my next steps (didnt know yet at this point they always email you & you dont have to wait there for it). I asked for clarification & nurse called me & confirmed
New Hope Fertility Center

1st retrieval [with Dr. Olcha] was a cyst so we grew the remaining follicles. He tweaked the Clomid dosage...Next cycle he might do clomid + injectables (Im doing "mini ivf")...He actually cares. I feel he is customizing & tweaking everything based on most recent results. he takes time to explain everything & make sure Im at ease & understand everything. When doing my retrieval (my 1st ever) he explained to me every step of the way which kept me so calm. I know the difference since my prior doc treated me like a #. Dr Olcha is night and day from her & Im soooo happy I switched to him. Doctor Nps
I usually deal with [the nurses at New Hope] who draw blood + the sonogram. Nurses usually just email the instructions (after you leave). the ones I have dealt at the clinic, some are very dry/no bedside manners....one told me I was pregnant (instead of letting doc tell me...it was a chemical pregnancy)...i saw her again 2 weeks later & she didnt even remember me...[monitoring is a] super well oiled machine. Window is 7am thru 1pm....7-9am if you want to speak to a doctor. I would get in 7:45 and be our by 8:30-8:45 in time to get to work. Super easy
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr Olcha was my 2nd doctor here. He came in to explain how they couldn’t do retrieval the next day (what would have been my 1st) since I had ovulated…Orlissa didn’t work for me. He explained to me in 5 mins more than my prior doc at same clinic had explained to me in 2 months with her. He gave me options (clomid to grow rest of follicules vs timed intercourse which he recommended the later). I had a consultation with him since I noticed he was an RE & I just kept thinking of how different (good) I felt with him vs my prior doctor. 10 seconds into the meeting I started crying…it was like all my walls came down & I felt safe…I felt I could ask him and I wasn’t being rushed. He said “don’t cry, you are going to make me cry!”…something my prior doc would have NEVER said. I knew right there he saw me as a person, a human, not just another body. He went on to explain the whole process, calm/not rushed, would draw as he explained, talked in simple terms so you can understand. He looked at my prior results & immediately said what needed to be tweaked. On my 1st egg retrieval – it ended up being an empty follicule (Cyst). Again he came to give me the bad news (vs sending a nurse). He knew my plan didn’t cover it & it was all out of pocket so he said he would process it thru my medical insurance as a cyst removal and if they covered it, I would get a credit with New Hope. That was the case which was a $1250 relief I could use towards next procedure. This also was my 1st retrieval ever. He kept me so calm, telling me what he was doing as he was doing it. That helped a lot! He said we would grow the remaining ones (lutheal fase & plan of action) On my 2nd retrieval, I had 2 eggs retrieved, 1 fertilized. It didn’t make it to day 7. He said he would call me but since we had a consultation he figured he explained 1:1. Again he explained everything so clearly going step by step of the process & where my embryo stopped growing. I literally leave his office with so much hope every time since he explains every step & he has a plan of action already. He makes me feel safe & taken care of. He works weekends which is great since less people there. When I get monitoring (blood & sonogram) – I usually see him right after looking at my results & getting to plan of action. He sometimes will either come in during or after the monitoring and answer any questions. He is very hands on. My prior doc I was with for 2 months & saw her twice (1st consultation + a meeting scheduled by me). With Dr Olcha I’ve seem him almost every time I’ve been there & If I don’t, I get very detailed emails from his nurse support team with his recommendations. Im so happy I switched to him. He is the reason I have hope & feel like I can trust the science. That he is looking out for me & doing what is best for me. Its truly customized & making changes as we go & know more. He is night and day from my prior doc & I will recommend him to ANYONE (I already have). He is the best combination of knowledgeable, calm, compassionate, very good at explaining…..he is the PERFECT COMBO OF SCIENCE MEETS HEART! I feel so lucky God put him on my path. I trust he will get me there
Ask him anything. He will explain and you will feel so much better after.
1st retrieval was a cyst so we grew the remaining follicles. He tweaked the Clomid dosage (from 100mg from prior doc to 50 mg)...not sure if since I was in lutheal phase. Next cycle he might do clomid + injectables (Im doing "mini ivf")
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
I usually deal with those who draw blood + the sonogram. Nurses usually just email the instructions (after you leave). the ones I have dealt at the clinic, some are very dry/no bedside manners....one told me I was pregnant (instead of letting doc tell me...it was a chemical pregnancy)...i saw her again 2 weeks later & she didnt even remember me (even do she did a big mistake).
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strength - Very efficient. You are in & out in 30-60 mins. I have time to get to work before 9am. Never a long wait You come in, check in, then look at monitor which tells you chair to draw blood or sonogram room. After you get email with instructions & next steps. weakness - some of the nurses & Dr Lipkin (no bedside manners)....need a little bit more compassion. My doc is great so it's worth it for me.
retrieval - 1,250 fertilizing egg to embryo - 1,500 Trigger shot - $100 Monthly monitoring - 200-250/month (my health plan covers 80% so I guess cost would be 1k if not)
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
just 1 incident where I had 2 nurses send me emails with different instructions. This is before I know after monitoring you just go home & wait for the email so...I actually had someone tell me there what the next steps where. I replied to the email & said "i was told xyz(A), one of you is stating that (A) but another nurse emailed be (B)...which one is it??"....nurse I knew called me & clarified.
New Hope Fertility Center

What he [Dr. Zaher Merhi] explained made sense but then I felt rushed into an egg retrieval that I didn’t feel confident would work considering the cycle before (my cycles are very unpredictable) they thought I had two cysts. Then 9 days later they thought they were eggs and good to retrieve and we went in and got nothing...He has great bedside manner but I am unsure that he really has the best course of action as a physician. He is willing to try unconventional things.
They [staff at New Hope Fertility Center ] don’t communicate plans well or call everything is via email...You check in and then wait for your name to show on the Tv screens and go in for blood then back out to wait for your name on the tv to see a different nurse for ultrasound and then back out to wait for the nurse (coordinator) to call you back to discuss and the doctor if he is available. I don’t like this approach it makes you feel like a number. But Dr. Merhi’s team is very responsive through their email portal.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
I had renewed hope after seeing him as he was confident that we could use my eggs as opposed to donor even tho my first RE at the age of 30 had told me I needed to move to donor eggs. What he explained made sense but then I felt rushed into an egg retrieval that I didn’t feel confident would work considering the cycle before (my cycles are very unpredictable) they thought I had two cysts. Then 9 days later they thought they were eggs and good to retrieve and we went in and got nothing.
His team is very responsive and he has great bedside manner and remembers personal details about myself and my husband.
He had me try a 14 day course of BC pills in an attempt to lower my FSH. The last BW I had done 2 months prior was 79. I had to stop after 11 days as I had gained 9 lbs. Coming back in after that my FSH was down to 10 and I don’t remember the last time it was that low. At the ultrasound they thought I had two cysts. I had a period. And came back in for more BW and ultrasound on CD 9 after taking estrace for 14 days and they said I was good to go and rushed me in for an egg retrieval 2 days later. Turns out as I suspected they were still the two cysts from before. So we got nothing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center.
I don’t like how they run their clinic. You wait for your name on a board and go in to get your blood then back out and wait for your name on a board and back into a different person for the sonogram and then back out and the nurse talks to you and the doctor if you request.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The way they treat patients through a cycle. You check in and then wait for your name to show on the Tv screens and go in for blood then back out to wait for your name on the tv to see a different nurse for ultrasound and then back out to wait for the nurse (coordinator) to call you back to discuss and the doctor if he is available. I don’t like this approach it makes you feel like a number. But Dr. Merhi’s team is very responsive through their email portal.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
The communication was very poor. They knew I was unavailable for what would have been the next cycle and when I called with CD1 of my period while I was on a work trip and wasn’t able to come in until CD10, at that visit they decided that what they previously thoughts were cysts were follicles and that we had to come in for an egg retrieval. I got this information via email and when I called rather confused and with concerns was told that the doctor was sure. They don’t communicate plans well or call everything is via email.
New Hope Fertility Center

I met with Dr. Zhang once and did not develop any relationships with the staff. If this were my first clinic or cycle I would be put off but at this point I just wanted results I did not need hand holding... is an extremely smart and willing to think outside of the box. I am thrilled I found him when I did, only 1 cycle led to success!! Knowing that he is the owner/founder I understood he would be very busy but trusting a doctor of his caliber assured me to trust his staff.
Location [of New Hope Fertility Center] is good however the first time I could not easily find the building. Also, the security needs to know the difference between floors 3 & 4, a few times I was directed to the wrong floor. Clinic itself is large and clean. Nice refreshment station and the best part is the salt water fish tank. The reception desk individuals are very welcoming...Aside from getting my blood drawn at the first consult, retrieval and transfer, the only interaction I had with the nurses was with email. During the stim cycle they are very responsive. During transfer and ongoing pregnancy the email communication isn't as responsive, could due to the number of patients, vacation time, patient priority. The nurses are all very professional in person and email.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Zhang is an extremely smart and willing to think outside of the box. I am thrilled I found him when I did, only 1 cycle led to success!! Knowing that he is the owner/founder I understood he would be very busy but trusting a doctor of his caliber assured me to trust his staff.
Do your own research, bring your own questions and take a chance!
It is a very busy clinic, I met with Dr. Zhang once and did not develop any relationships with the staff. If this were my first clinic or cycle I would be put off but at this point I just wanted results I did not need hand holding.
Mini ivf using clomid, letrozol, cetrotide and very small doses of follistim.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Location is good however the first time I could not easily find the building. Also, the security needs to know the difference between floors 3 & 4, a few times I was directed to the wrong floor. Clinic itself is large and clean. Nice refreshment station and the best part is the salt water fish tank. The reception desk individuals are very welcoming.
I think in total the cost was ~14k. The part that was annoying was since I was doing outside monitoring it cost me an additional 1k each month for NHFC to review the results.
No comment.
New Hope Fertility Center

I saw him [Dr. Zhang] three times so far, most information gotten from the nurses and ultrasound techs around me. Things felt rushed with him, not much of a personal touch in my opinion... He's very knowledgeable and does cutting edge stuff. However he's not very present. I would like to be able to see my doctor more often or feel like I'm being heard. Most of my questions were answered by ultrasound techs.... We did an ultra mini IVF cycle which involved clomid and femara tabs only. I was able to produce 4 mature eggs which all got fertilized, however I ended up with one very good grade blastocyst.
Very clean and calming atmosphere. Things move very fast there [New Hope Fertility Center]. There's a whiteboard which flashes your name and also guides you on where to go. Everyone is courteous but it tends to feel very impersonal since they have so many patients. They also communicate mainly by email which can be a good thing. Questions are answered promptly. I would also say that costs are very reasonable there.... Reasonable. My ultra mini IVF so far has cost about 10k
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
He's very knowledgeable and does cutting edge stuff. However he's not very present. I would like to be able to see my doctor more often or feel like I'm being heard. Most of my questions were answered by ultrasound techs. Also because I understood the plan for the day I have found myself asking for things I was told during the previous appointment, that the people I interacted with on the day of were not aware
Ask for a full explanation of the pros and cons of each step or procedure
I saw him three times so far, most information gotten from the nurses and ultrasound techs around me. Things felt rushed with him, not much of a personal touch in my opinion
We did an ultra mini IVF cycle which involved clomid and femara tabs only. I was able to produce 4 mature eggs which all got fertilized, however I ended up with one very good grade blastocyst. We also did PGS testing for aneuploidy which came back aneuploid. I think I shouldn't have done PGS testing on my only blastocyst especially since I have never had a miscarriage. I was able to get them to do a saline sonogram which showed i had a possible polyp and was then scheduled for hysteroscopy.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Very clean and calming atmosphere. Things move very fast there. There's a whiteboard which flashes your name and also guides you on where to go. Everyone is courteous but it tends to feel very impersonal since they have so many patients. They also communicate mainly by email which can be a good thing. Questions are answered promptly. I would also say that costs are very reasonable there.
Reasonable. My ultra mini IVF so far has cost about 10k
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr. Merhi was wonderful with consultation. However he did not due my retrieval, didn't follow up with me whatsoever, and basically was almost non existent throughout the process.... He is very nice but consultations with him seemed rushed. He didn't really ask questions or informed us much what was coming next. He started us off with an IUI (natural cycle) which didnt work. We moved on to Mini IVF and he never called, emailed, or followed up with me before or after IVF. At this point I dont even think I am his patient.
The clinic [New Hope Fertility Center] is amazing as a whole. The monitoring is very self explanatory and easy. You go in and wait for your name to come out in the screens, and they tell you exactly where to go. I liked the facility and the ease it has... The nursing staff there is fast and efficient. Monitoring is a breeze. If you go early youll be in and out in no time. The coordinator sometimes responds a little late but she is very nice.... The billing department is not as well ran as the nurse and sonogram staff.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Be prepared to not see him, he will not follow up with you.
Dr. Merhi was wonderful with consultation. However he did not due my retrieval, didn't follow up with me whatsoever, and basically was almost non existent throughout the process. A Dr. Zhang I believe was the one to do my IUI and my retrieval.
Dr.Merhi began with a natural IUI cycle since I already ovulate on my own. I dont know why I dont get pregnant. After it failed he didnt call me or follow up. I called the clinic and told him I wanted to do IVF which his answer was ok no problem and just sent me to a coordinator to explain meds for IVF. I was on clomid 100mg and Gonal F for about 10 days. Again, didnt see him or hear from him. Retrieval was coordinated by nurses and another RE in the clinic was the one to do the procedure.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Samantha Brown)
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is amazing as a whole. The monitoring is very self explanatory and easy. You go in and wait for your name to come out in the screens, and they tell you exactly where to go. I liked the facility and the ease it has
Monitoring was the best part of this experience. Everyone is so nice and efficient
IVF-4000 Medications- Gonal F and Clomid- 1500 Monitoring per month 800 IUI 800 Egg Transfer 3000 (Havent done this yet but we have to pay it soon) 750 PGS Testing per embryo... we are doing 3 embryos 2250 in total
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
The billing department is not as well ran as the nurse and sonogram staff.

2015 - 2019, Successful
One of my main criticisms of New Hope is that you don't regularly see or speak with a doctor. You mainly work with the nurses -- via email. So it feels impersonal. If you make a request and the doctor is available during monitoring, Dr. Merhi for instance would come into the room and chat with you. He is very personable and kind and treats you like a human for sure.... The relationship with the nurses at New Hope is quite odd -- mainly just via email. You hardly ever get to see them bc they are not drawing the blood or doing the sonograms. Generally difficult to get a nurse on the phone.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Merhi did my transfer that resulted in my little one - so I will forever be grateful. He has a great bedside manner and is very personable and obviously he is skilled at transfers. A year or so later, when I went back to try for number two, my transfer with him did not succeed (not saying it was anything he did, could have just been the odds game). Then I decided to try to create more embryos, and had a failed attempt on a cycle. When I discussed the failed IVF attempt, he really didn't offer any tweaks or adjustments to my protocol. It was kind of - it is what it is at your age. You just need to try again and maybe you will get a good egg next time. I felt like this was a bit disappointment. I'm not sure how knowledgeable he is on the various protocols and research being done in the infertility areas.
Do your research, ask a lot of questions, demand that a specific doctor follow your protocol.
Mini-IVF: clomid, letrozol and follistim, followed by Ovidrel as a trigger shot. For the transfer, progesterone suppositories and estrogen pills.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The relationship with the nurses at New Hope is quite odd -- mainly just via email. You hardly ever get to see them bc they are not drawing the blood or doing the sonograms. Generally difficult to get a nurse on the phone. I have had it happen on a number of occasions where I receive conflicting emails info from nurses. Also it has become a big hassle to get your prescriptions called in. They email the protocol to you with your meds and you say, please call into X pharmacy and they respond "please email [insert email] regarding prescriptions." Seems like we shouldn't be worrying about this and that the calling in of prescriptions should be handled better. Caused a bit of stress for me bc I had to repeatedly follow up on prescriptions being called in.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The wait time for regular monitoring and sono is pretty short -- they run like a well-oiled machine in this regard. They also have good hours 7-2, so it doesn't interfere with work too much. I do believe that the lab / embryology dept. there is quite good and the folks working in the lab are top of the game -- you can email them as well with questions and they are responsive. Herminio (in embryology) is really great and compassionate and helped us through some stressful times. I wish there was more interaction with your primary doctor - -in fact, I didn't even feel like I HAD a primary doctor at all. I sometimes felt like maybe nobody was really focusing on my protocol. Again, I did have success at New Hope in 2015/2016, and it is more recently that I've grown concerned about the level of care I am receiving. NH could potentially be a one-protocol kind of place -- not sure how customized the treatments are. The cost at New Hope is also much more reasonable than other places, so that's a plus (assuming of course you are getting the care you need and want).
Egg retrieval & fertilization (excluding monitoring and drugs) ran around $4500 (with anesthesia). This was pretty reasonable comparatively.
Dr. Merhi transferred 2 normals for me -- ended up with one baby.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
I received conflicting information from nurses on one occasion, which was disconcerting. I also had trouble getting prescriptions called in.

2016 - 2019, Successful
As a patient, it’s important for me to feel safe and understood. It’s important for me to feel comfortable with people in the clinic and it’s important for me to feel comfortable with doctors. All that I had just said described Dr. Zhang and his clinic [New Hope Fertility Center]. He listens to our frustration and how much impact it’s carrying us and also financially.
The only weakness I have to say is to really be a bit more organize on some areas. For example, I had done bloodworks already and they kept asking me for particular blood work reports which I had given. ... The clinic’s [New Hope Fertility Center] atmosphere is friendly and open. ... During blood work monitoring, they know I have thin veins and they are careful. ... The embryologist I meet during transfers, super nice and friendly. They show me my embryo on the screen and they really check to make sure it is me and I understand exacting what is going on.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
As a patient, it’s important for me to feel safe and understood. It’s important for me to feel comfortable with people in the clinic and it’s important for me to feel comfortable with doctors. All that I had just said described Dr. Zhang and his clinic. He listens to our frustration and how much impact it’s carrying us and also financially.
To always trust your gut feeling. Listen and ask millions of questions.
From all other fertility clinics we’ve been to, New Hope was friendly. Dr. Zhang and staff were friendly and organized. They saw me as a human being not an object of someone just coming in for treatments. They understand our frustration and our pain. We’ve also endured two stillbirths. They know the pain and heartache of losing two precious babies and trying again and not working. Dr. Zhang is there to questions that’s needing answers. He is always available to talk to without paying...he understands!
I was preparing for retrieval’s of my own eggs (one or two he sees), he uses minimal meds. Trigger shots when it’s time for retrieval in two days , I don’t remember the meds I had taken. For preparing egg donor transfers, I have been taking estradiol, promethium....depends on my blood work result if it needs some adjusting I had taken prednisone, progesterone shot on my butt, baby aspirin, enoxaparin injection on my stomach. Sometimes my lining needs to be thicker so they up my use to progesterone sometimes.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
We started seeing Dr. Zhang back in 2016 and we are still doing that:) the staff are wonderful. When I come in they know me and don’t need to tell them my name. They input it on their computer and they know I’ve already arrived. During blood work monitoring, they know I have thin veins and they are careful. Nurse are available to talk to and few I’ve met and talked to. They are super nice, cordial and you ask them anything even if it’s embarrassing or disgusting. The sonographers I absolutely love. They know our loses and they are so sweet. They talk to me about how I’m doing and how my day is going. They always try to lift my spirits. Other doctors on site are fantastic. They are friendly and you can ask them anything and they are there to help you. Nurse after my transfers, super sweet. You feel comfortable and they don’t rush you to get up and leave. The staff during transfers, they give me instructions what to do and they are caring too. The embryologist I meet during transfers, super nice and friendly. They show me my embryo on the screen and they really check to make sure it is me and I understand exacting what is going on. Doctors who performs the transfers are friendly and I can ask anything even though he is busy doing what he needs to do.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is amazing. There are more patients than ever. The clinic’s atmosphere is friendly and open. The only weakness I have to say is to really be a bit more organize on some areas. For example, I had done bloodworks already and they kept asking me for particular blood work reports which I had given. They’ve asked me Numerous times and I keep being copies for them. Whoever scans the documents, they need scan better and put it in my file. At one time only, a nurse emailed me my blood work result and protocol. The meds she told me was to take clomid. But that’s for retrieval. I was doing transfers. So one nurse emailed me and corrected it. Also, I keep getting ask if I’m Allergic to medications. I did tell them so many times yes and gave them the name and still keeps asking me. It’s ok. I learn to answer each time:)
My monitoring experience is great. The ladies who gets my blood has no problem. Although I have small veins, they still manage to get it done. They always ask me if I’m doing ok. As for sonogram, I love the ladies there. So respectful. I get along well with them. They know how hard and how long and our loses. They’ve become my friends there. Always smiling. :) which I love. Makes my day.
We’ve been doing fertility for 9 and half long years. My husband and I have seen numerous doctors. The billing at the Dr. Zhang’s office is very organized. There’s always three there. They know your name and what needs to be paid. They even tell you what it’s for and if the insurance paid or not and explained why. They even have online service to pay online now too. They are friendly. My husband and I pay out of pocket fertility for nine and half long years. For donor eggs we have $13,200 for 6 eggs. Then they tell us how survived. For example, embryologist will email and tell me they get 5 out of 6 ready to be sent out for genetic testing. Before sending we have to pay $750 per embryo to be tested first before being sent out. Ones we do that we have 7-10 days to wait and they will email with results. Then they will email again and tell us how many survived and how many healthy with grades on them and explanation of their grades. So imagine having failed donor eggs many many times $13,200 x 5 times. We are financially medically in debt. We need help!
When we did our transfer in Cancun Mexico, the doctor there transferred four embryos all the time. Out of three cycles, I was pregnant but resulted in 10 week miscarriage. Dr. Zhang and his colleague transfers one embryo at a time per rules. He picks the best embryos for transfers.
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr Merhi is trying a more natural approach. I am currently on estradiol. He also had me take hgh for an 6 week period. Also he provide me with a free trial of ozone therapy for 8 weeks. I also had an ovarian rejuvenation done as well. ... Dr Merhi was the first doctor in a long time to try to use my own eggs. I was initially going to him for the egg donor program and he told me to try with my own eggs first.
Billing sucks, they [New Hope Fertility Center] don’t get back to you ever. You literally have to harass them. Communication with the nursing staff isn’t the greatest. But the clinic is a well oil machine in a good way. You can be in and out of monitoring in 30 to 45 mins which is great for people who have to work. Very clean facility and the staff is nice. It’s very conveniently located too.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr Merhi was the first doctor in a long time to try to use my own eggs. I was initially going to him for the egg donor program and he told me to try with my own eggs first. When you are with Dr. Merhi he gives you his undivided attention. He answer all your questions and is very personable. He has great bed side manner and makes you feel very comfortable. But yes there is a but.... here are my dislikes... His email response could be better and yes I understand they are busy but isn’t that a part of your job. Also I went two months without seeing him at any of my monitoring although he would provide instructions via email. I am currently still being treated by him so let’s see. I will give another review when everything is completed.
Email! Email! Email! Would be your best form of communication with him.
I wouldn’t say Mr.Merhi treated me like a number but more like the clinic. Dr Merhi always addresses me by my first time each time he see me.
Dr Merhi is trying a more natural approach. I am currently on estradiol. He also had me take hgh for an 6 week period. Also he provide me with a free trial of ozone therapy for 8 weeks. I also had an ovarian rejuvenation done as well. After six month of not ovulating I finally ovulated two eggs but the second one was too small. They received one egg and that a lot because the first time I had egg retrieval I had no eggs. But my embryo did not make it to blastocyst. I am now back for my second go at it and it has been 5 months since my last egg retrieval.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Sometimes the provide incorrect instructions or dose mix ups and drug mix up. Also I received my email really late in the day
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Billing sucks, they don’t get back to you ever. You literally have to harass them. Communication with the nursing staff isn’t the greatest. But the clinic is a well oil machine in a good way. You can be in and out of monitoring in 30 to 45 mins which is great for people who have to work. Very clean facility and the staff is nice. It’s very conveniently located too.
No complaints
Fairly reasonable
Didn’t get to the point
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
The doses amount was translated in units instead of mg. Also type of pill I am taking her mixed up sometimes. But they do have an emergency number too call