6.2
6.2

4 Columbus Circle

Dr. Merhi, as my main physician, always made me feel well cared for... was exceedingly optimistic, while also being realistic. He was compassionate and usually patient with my questions. He was committed to my care despite my age (43 at the time we started treatment)...Mini-IVF. Considered more effective in women my age (43 at the time of treatment)...at his clinic, they had an on call system and I never knew which doctor I would see on which day.
Approximately $5,000 per mini-IVF cycle [at New Hope Fertility Center]....You have to be proactive as a patient and do your research and ask lots of questions. I saw many different doctors and nurses, which was fine because they were all good, but it very much felt like I was on an IVF conveyor belt. An wonderful, effective conveyor belt, because I did end up pregnant at 44 and now have an amazing baby!
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Merhi was exceedingly optimistic, while also being realistic. He was compassionate and usually patient with my questions. He was committed to my care despite my age (43 at the time we started treatment).
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Ask lots of questions and request to see Dr. Merhi for consults and updates between cycles.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Merhi, as my main physician, always made me feel well cared for, but at his clinic, they had an on call system and I never knew which doctor I would see on which day.
Describe the protocols Zaher Merhi used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Competent and efficient.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
New Hope is a large clinic with a ton of patients and many doctors, and a very strong embryology department, which is really the most important thing. They were committed to my care despite my age (43) and didn't discriminate to protect their stats. They are very good at what they do, but there is very little hand-holding or bedside manner. You have to be proactive as a patient and do your research and ask lots of questions. I saw many different doctors and nurses, which was fine because they were all good, but it very much felt like I was on an IVF conveyor belt. An wonderful, effective conveyor belt, because I did end up pregnant at 44 and now have an amazing baby!
Very efficient, but also very impersonal.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center.
Approximately $5,000 per mini-IVF cycle. We dod 9 cycles.
New Hope Fertility Center
Personal time with [Dr. Liu] was not rushed, he always made the effort to answer questions, even on off times with a text or email at the least...Straight forward information, no over blown promises and clear responses to questions. We had to travel into NYC and he made an extra effort to work with our schedules on weekends. He was able to help make my wife feel like her questions mattered
The facility [at New Hope Fertility Center] was well maintained and staff profession and respectful of the clients. They made sure we were well informed of our options and the details on the procedures so that there were no surprises...Only down side was parking in the area, but it has easy access by subway and hotels nearby...I am a licensed NYS RN having worked with many medical teams and I felt that they had a good handle on the facts, the skills and managed clients with respect.
How was your experience with Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center?
make sure you ask questions to ensure you get the most support.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center?
Personal time with doctor was not rushed, he always made the effort to answer questions, even on off times with a text or email at the least
Describe the protocols Zitao Liu used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
don't fully remember the details of the IVF at this time
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
attentive, well trained. I am a licensed NYS RN having worked with many medical teams and I felt that they had a good handle on the facts, the skills and managed clients with respect.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Only down side was parking in the area, but it has easy access by subway and hotels nearby. The facility was well maintained and staff profession and respectful of the clients. They made sure we were well informed of our options and the details on the procedures so that there were no surprises.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center.
we had a grant from NYS
Describe Zitao Liu's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
We did genetic screening and were able to select the most viable embryo and had a successful implantation based on the details the doctor gave us
Zitao Liu
New Hope Fertility Center

[Dr. Makarov] Seemed in a rush to get us to IVF and wanted us to fail everything until that point. Ignored my issues with a short luteal phase; always too busy to answer questions. Would leave us waiting in a room only to later find out she forgot all about us and our appointment was over... We did an IUI without an medication and then one with. We paid out of pocket. She wanted us to fail so we would move on to IVF. They never diagnosed us with anything.
The worst finance department I’ve ever encountered. Very unorganized and unprofessional. Also the lab messed up our charts. It was a terrible experience and I’d never recommend New Hope to anyone. I was so distraught after this experience that I had to take a break from trying to get pregnant... [Dr. Makarov] Seemed in a rush to get us to IVF and wanted us to fail everything until that point. Ignored my issues with a short luteal phase;
How was your experience with Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center?
Don’t leave the room until you have all your questions answered. Request some medicated cycles first, especially if your insurance doesn’t cover IUI
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center?
Mixed up our blood work. Didn’t seem to understand my history
Describe the protocols Jennifer Kulp Makarov used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
It was ridiculous! We did an IUI without an medication and then one with. We paid out of pocket. She wanted us to fail so we would move on to IVF. They never diagnosed us with anything.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Lots of people, they never spoke to us unless it was to tell us to hurry to the next room
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center.
IUIs were $800
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
They messed up at every step
Jennifer Kulp Makarov
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr Merhi was always pleased to see us. He explained with many details and examples about all procedures and risks. He was very positive and willing to help us with any doubt or questions we had. We never felt rushed to do any procedure and he was very patient listening to us.... First we tried several cycles just being monitored for ovulation. Then we were suggested to take Clomid and letrozol 2.5 and we got pregnant with triplets!
[At New Hope Fertility Center] Results are efficient and accurate. Their forms and systems are very clear and easy to follow. As a new patient always ask questions to any staff and they will kindly help out. At time is very hectic due to the hours and you might feel rushed specially when having sonogram, but they’ll explain all they’re doing so you can leave satisfied.... Costs were reasonable. Even though My insurance covered, they have plans to help out.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Ask questions, be honest and sincere and Dr Merhi will help you the best he can. He’s very knowledgeable and will follow up with you along the way.
I was always called by my name and Dr Merhi always replied my emails promptly giving me detailed explanation of what I asked.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Quick and efficient! Very friendly and helpful.
New Hope Fertility Center

I've never felt more like a number than at the clinic with Dr. Merhi. I literally met him one time while walking in the door to the procedure room to do my egg retrieval....He was fine as a doctor, seems knowledgeable. But very very unpersonable. I was honestly very disappointed in the care I received. And he did not even do our Embryo transfer. Just honestly was really disappointed overall with the care that I received from him
Most of them did not speak very good English, they were very hard to understand, and they didn't understand me very well either. They [staff at New Hope] were very very unpersonable, and very very uncompassionate. The language barrier was a huge problem, but their lack of caring and concern was almost worse... My husband and I were treated like strangers, outsiders... Honestly more like cattle being loaded on a train than human beings trying to have a baby.
Try someone else.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Most of them did not speak very good English, they were very hard to understand, and they didn't understand me very well either. They were very very unpersonable, and very very uncompassionate. The language barrier was a huge problem, but their lack of caring and concern was almost worse.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Very few of the employees including the doctors spoke very good English, the culture and language differences were huge barrier in my opinion. My husband and I were treated like strangers, outsiders... Honestly more like cattle being loaded on a train than human beings trying to have a baby.
New Hope Fertility Center
She [Dr. Lipkin] was very compassionate. I trusted that she was able to review past treatment files and understood why I might have changed facilities. I trusted the facility as it was referred to me by a friend but I also appreciated that they worked with woman over forty.... She wanted to go about with a mini IVF cycle- she told me that she preferred to get less eggs upon retrieval but with a better chance to get healthier eggs.
The clinic [New Hope Fertility] is very large- lots of available times and you would never need to wait longer then 10-15 minutes. I really don't have any weaknesses other than they were not able to retrieve a healthy embryo as of yet... [nursing staff] I had a very hard time finding my veins. they were excellent and patient.... She [Dr. Lipkin] wanted to go about with a mini IVF cycle- she told me that she preferred to get less eggs upon retrieval but with a better chance to get healthier eggs.
How was your experience with Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
She was very compassionate. I trusted that she was able to review past treatment files and understood why I might have changed facilities. I trusted the facility as it was referred to me by a friend but I also appreciated that they worked with woman over forty.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
Be completely open and honest about what you want and what her expectation for you are based on how you present.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
She explained each step in laymen terms. She was able to repeat things so that i completely understood them and was very empathetic to my feelings.
Describe the protocols Lana Lipkin used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
I had a very hard time finding my veins. they were excellent and patient.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is very large- lots of available times and you would never need to wait longer then 10-15 minutes. I really don't have any weaknesses other than they were not able to retrieve a healthy embryo as of yet :(
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center.
They accepted my insurance
Lana Lipkin
New Hope Fertility Center

I originally wanted to go with natural cycle IVF, but went with his recommendation to use the fertility medication because of my age. ... My treatment was catered to my need and everything was clearly explained. Not once did I feel like a number. I was treated like a person and my feelings were very much considered. ... I was going to fully cooperate and trust he knew what he was doing. I have absolutely no regrets. Dr. Zhang helped me create life in the very same body I thought was broken
Very clean and visually appealing facility [New Hope Fertility Center]. They always had coffee, tea and fresh fruits and snacks in the waiting area. Not once did I feel uncomfortable or disrespected. There was never a prolonged wait time. I was generally in and out which was great for me since I went before work. I never felt rushed or judged. ... [nursing staff] Always respectful and kind.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
After reading up about him I walked in there with my mind set. I was going to fully cooperate and trust he knew what he was doing. I have absolutely no regrets. Dr. Zhang helped me create life in the very same body I thought was broken. He is a God in my heart.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Trust he knows what he is doing. Never question and the instructions .
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols John Zhang used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Always respectful and kind.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Very clean and visually appealing facility. They always had coffee, tea and fresh fruits and snacks in the waiting area. Not once did I feel uncomfortable or disrespected. There was never a prolonged wait time. I was generally in and out which was great for me since I went before work. I never felt rushed or judged.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center.
Total costs were about 15k
New Hope Fertility Center

It was very hard to get any information to Dr. Zhang. He told us himself that it was like the waitresses (nurses) were not delivering the order to the chef (himself) correctly. Information kept getting lost and messed up in the process....We did Mini IVF protocols for both my wife and myself. We then did Reciprocal IVF.... My monitoring results got misread and it was very, very hard to get a nurse or doctor to respond to our emails or calls.
The strength of New Hope is that it is very clean. The weaknesses outway the strengths. It was unorganized, stressful to deal with staff, horrible communication, and the people were not trustworthy.... The nurses were very disorganized and made me feel like just another patient they had to shuffle through.... We had won a free cycle through New Hope. However, there were costs they did not let us know about until we arrived at the clinic and we now owe them over $10,000 and still have no baby....
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
It was very hard to get any information to Dr. Zhang. He told us himself that it was like the waitresses (nurses) were not delivering the order to the chef (himself) correctly. Information kept getting lost and messed up in the process. We had won a free cycle through New Hope. However, there were costs they did not let us know about until we arrived at the clinic and we now owe them over $10,000 and still have no baby.
Do your research!
We were just shuffled through the doctor’s office. My monitoring results got misread and it was very, very hard to get a nurse or doctor to respond to our emails or calls.
Cattle call
It was supposed to be a free cycle and we now owe over $10,000 dollars.
Describe John Zhang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
The whole process was a nightmare from beginning to end.
New Hope Fertility Center

I saw doctor zhang for initial appt. Then I never saw him again, until I waited 2 hours one day to see him, even when I had an appt....Very impersonal. Never looked me in the eye when talking to me. Seemed like he was always delivering a scripted speech. He never felt warm or understanding. He made promises for follow up phone calls or check ins and never delivered on any of them...Not care of existing patients.
[New Hope] Strengths - innovation. Weakness - everything else. Go here if you want zero compassion and empathy and want to be treated like cattle. They dont treat patients like humans, but like a number or a bank account. No quality of care whatsoever......There would be 40 others in the waiting room. The wait was usually 90 minutes +...Always got a different nurse. Not one nurse knew who I was, even after 4 rounds.
Go somewhere else
I saw doctor zhang for initial appt. Then I never saw him again, until I waited 2 hours one day to see him, even when I had an appt. His focus is on getting new patients in the door. Not care of existing patients.
There would be 40 others in the waiting room. The wait was usually 90 minutes +
At first it seemed like costs were reasonable. Realized later, all the individual charges add up and end up being more than rounds at another popular clinic

2006 - 2012, Successful
Investment Banker
[Dr. John Zhang was] Very compasionate and caring Really wanted the treatment to work. Help me accomplish my dream of motherhood! Gave me free medications when I was unable to pay for it myself. I would really like to go back and try for baby number 2... The doctor and staff walk you to the entire process and helps you choose the best course of treatment...I was very happy with my doctor
[The nurses at New Hope Fertility Center were] Very nice and professional Made me feel very comfortable every time I had an appointment...He suggested only 2 [embryos] at the time...Very centrally located. Easy to find, friendly staff. Compassionate care, the cost of treatment is competitive and producing the best results. The doctor and staff walk you to the entire process and helps you choose the best course of treatment
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Listen to what he says. I know from personal experience that we don't want to hear the word no or it may take time, but the journey is long and you need to be prepared to deal with the setbacks
I was able to use donated medications after I was unable to pay for it myself. So grateful for all the support provided!
It was a long time ago, very I know for a fact I was very happy with my doctor
It was around 12-15,000
He suggested only 2at the time
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr. Zhang was very friendly and extremely smart. I got the feeling that he is very busy though and I my biggest fear with New Hope is that I would get lost in the mix. However, Dr. Zhang is very personable, kind and seemed confident with his plan for me.... He recommended a mini IVF because of my age (39) with PGD testing and then eSET.... He was very much in favor of eSET due to risks of multiples.... Know that you will be seeing ultrasound techs
The biggest strength I believe is their very reasonable pricing. Also, they [New Hope Fertility] have a strong belief in natural/low stim IVF cycles especially with older women as they believe it helps with egg quality. The weakness for me was the factory like feeling there.... I got the impression that New Hope is a very well run factory. I felt shuffled along and sort of lost along the way.... Dr. Zhang was very friendly and extremely smart. I got the feeling
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Know that you will be seeing ultrasound techs and not the doctor very often.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
They seemed very confident and kind.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The biggest strength I believe is their very reasonable pricing. Also, they have a strong belief in natural/low stim IVF cycles especially with older women as they believe it helps with egg quality. The weakness for me was the factory like feeling there.
My insurance covered everything.
He was very much in favor of eSET due to risks of multiples.
New Hope Fertility Center
Don’t expect to see him [Dr. John Zhang] on your visits...I hardly ever saw him only in the beginning and plan for transfer...he talks really fast, at times it’s hard to understand him...I mostly see NP and ultrasound tech. They ensure me that Dr Zhang goes over my chart but then again I don’t know if it’s him or someone else...[protocol included] Birth control pills, clomid, Ganirelix injection...They don’t explain why they chose a protocol or explain why changes were made
[Nurses at New Hope Fertility Center are] Very professional and answer as much as they can...They don’t explain why they chose a protocol or explain why changes were made...They have no remorse for self paying patients. They want their money upfront and charge for everything. They refuse to use insurance for blood work or ultrasound for insurances that don’t cover fertility...Don’t expect to see him [Dr. John Zhang] on your visits...I hardly ever saw him only in the beginning and plan for transfer...he talks really fast, at times it’s hard to understand him...I mostly see NP and ultrasound tech. They ensure me that Dr Zhang goes over my chart but then again I don’t know if it’s him or som
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr Zhang came highly recommended by my GYN. However I hardly see him and he talks really fast, at times it’s hard to understand him. I put my trust in him through my GYN. I mostly see NP and ultrasound tech. They ensure me that Dr Zhang goes over my chart but then again I don’t know if it’s him or someone else.
Don’t expect to see him on your visits
I hardly ever saw him only in the beginning and plan for transfer
Birth control pills, clomid, Ganirelix injection.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Very professional and answer as much as they can
I spent over $25,000 already
I only have one normal Pgs tested embroyo
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
They don’t explain why they chose a protocol or explain why changes were made
New Hope Fertility Center
He [Dr. Zhang] does not look at every case thoroughly and adjust treatment accordingly. He changes treatment plan with high risk. In one of my cycles, he ignored a dominant follicle and gave me clomid to grow the other follicles. When the other follicles did not grow, he advised to retrieve the dominant one which was 30 mm and rotten... I’ve done mini Ivf and natural ivf. The procedures were good. However there were a lack of proper data analysis to customize and alter treatment
Each cycle is about 5550 without medication... Good condition, toilets are sometimes dirty, hygiene ...... Accounts [New Hope Fertility] are difficult to communicate with... laboratory is quick but they don’t process blood work after 2 pm in case of emergency. Bad communication between NHFC and genetic test labs... Well organized but not much of an emotional support... I’ve done mini Ivf and natural ivf. The procedures were good.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
He does not look at every case thoroughly and adjust treatment accordingly. He changes treatment plan with high risk. In one of my cycles, he ignored a dominant follicle and gave me clomid to grow the other follicles. When the other follicles did not grow, he advised to retrieve the dominant one which was 30 mm and rotten
Don’t put lots of hope.
Not looking into each patient case.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Well organized but not much of an emotional support
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Good condition, toilets are sometimes dirty, hygiene ...... Accounts are difficult to communicate with... laboratory is quick but they don’t process blood work after 2 pm in case of emergency. Bad communication between NHFC and genetic test labs
Each cycle is about 5550 without medication
New Hope Fertility Center

I felt like a human because Doctor Zhang and entire staff cared, listened and answered all my questions... He is beyond experienced and knowledgeable in everything he does. He explained things to me that made so much sense and able to understand everything in detail. I put all my trust on him from the first meet...I did the mini ivf. Less medication and better results.
I absolutely loved the entire nursing staff [at New Hope Fertility Center]. Any questions I had (and I had many) they answered it with a smile...Excellent wait time. Even at it's most busiest hour, you are in and out in a timely manner. Clinic is extremely clean. Entire staff is beyond warm and friends. Everybody has a smile on their face. No weaknesses...I felt like a human because Doctor Zhang and entire staff cared, listened and answered all my questions.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Zhang is a medical genius. He is beyond experienced and knowledgeable in everything he does. He explained things to me that made so much sense and able to understand everything in detail. I put all my trust on him from the first meet.
Listen!
I did the mini ivf. Less medication and better results.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
I absolutely loved the entire nursing staff. Any questions I had (and I had many) they answered it with a smile.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Costs were very economical.
Yes, 1 embryo.

2013, Successful
She [Dr. Luk] is a very good doctor and she took her time to explain everything to us. She not only shared the clinical aspects of the procedure but took the time to make sure we were feeling ok with the abundance of information. I didn’t feel pressured to make any decision and felt completely comfortable with the choices that we did make. She was excited for our success, which showed at every visit and ultrasound.
At the time of treatment Dr. Luk was actually working at a different clinic. She was part of New Hope Fertility and I had a great experience there. They were great at communication about all the test results and ultrasounds. The nurses and staff were friendly and polite which makes a big difference.... I didn’t feel pressured to make any decision and felt completely comfortable with the choices that we did make.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at New Hope Fertility Center?
She is a very good doctor and she took her time to explain everything to us. She not only shared the clinical aspects of the procedure but took the time to make sure we were feeling ok with the abundance of information. I didn’t feel pressured to make any decision and felt completely comfortable with the choices that we did make. She was excited for our success, which showed at every visit and ultrasound.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Janelle Luk at New Hope Fertility Center?
Ask whatever questions or concerns you have and she will give you an honest answer.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Janelle Luk at New Hope Fertility Center?
She took her time to explain all the options we had, told me the options she would choose and shared personal stories of her own pregnancy.
Janelle Luk
New Hope Fertility Center

[Dr. Zaher Merhi is] Good at follow up and full of passion. But he seems little pushing us to start 1st cycle even though medication and genetic testing stuff are not ready. He is also super optimistic but i am not sure that was his personality or being realistic.
[New Hope Fertility Center is in a] convenient location, flexible monitoring time, staff are friendly. Weakness are some time they are little careless when it comes to treatment/ medication/ testing. Billing department is so difficulty to communicate...mini ivf total cost $1500 with medication...[Dr. Merhi is] Good at follow up and full of passion. But he seems little pushing us to start 1st cycle even though medication and genetic testing stuff are not ready. He is also super optimistic but i am not sure that was his personality or being realistic.
mini ivf total cost $1500 with medication

2014 - 2015, Successful
Very cerebral approach- not a hand holder but able to produce results- differentiated process from other big treatment places in NYC... Go here if you have an aversion to over medication or if you want to try a less aggressive IVF approach
Go here if you have an aversion to over medication or if you want to try a less aggressive IVF approach. [The nursing staff was] compassionate, responsive and personable. They all knew my name, story etc. loved them all.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Very cerebral approach- not a hand holder but able to produce results- differentiated process from other big treatment places in nyc
Go here if you have an aversion to over medication or if you want to try a less aggressive ivf approach
They spent a good deal of time with me during the appointments and during follow up calls and emails I never waited very long to be seen.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Compassionate, responsive and personable. They all knew my name, story etc. loved them all.
You sign in on a computer when you arrive- very pleasant room with nice music lots of light snacks etc always was seen fairly quickly less than 20 mins typically

2014, Unsuccessful
Dr. Zhang and New Hope Fertility was the worst medical experience of my life. You wait endlessly. There's no compassion from the staff. They continually forgot about my medical conditions....Poor communicator. Zero compassion...When I did not respond to the trigger shot, no one called to tell me this, so one cycle was essentially ruined. There is zero communication, which if you have a complicated case can be extremely dangerous.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Poor communicator. Zero compassion.
Don't go.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic seems organized despite all of the other failures of New Hope.

2012, Unsuccessful
He has a very specific theory -- low dose meds for only retrieving a few eggs (what they say are "the best" eggs). May be a good place for poor responders... Find out your numbers (AMH, FSH) before deciding whether New Hope is for you because they won't deviate from their protocol.
He [Dr. Zhang] has a very specific theory -- low dose meds for only retrieving a few eggs (what they say are "the best" eggs). May be a good place for poor responders... Find out your numbers (AMH, FSH) before deciding whether New Hope is for you because they won't deviate from their protocol.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
He doesn't speak English very well. And is very blunt nonetheless. He has a very specific theory -- low dose meds for only retrieving a few eggs (what they say are "the best" eggs). May be a good place for poor responders.
bedside manner, eh.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
very busy never had same nurse.

2018 - 2021, Successful
he [Dr. John Zhang] was definitely there to discuss concerns and or outcomes that look positive. I didn't think it all sounded like a dream but as a real possibility. I normally wouldn't allow male doctors to treat me but I made the exception because he came highly recommended. He was concerned and realistic at the same time. He gave me a set of goals and once completed he told me that everything looked good enough to move forward.
The [New Hope Fertility Center] clinic is very up to date with state of the art equipment. You check in at the desk look for your name to appear on the monitors which will tell you where you need to be. The first time you go, you get escorted to ask the places you need to be. The next time you wait for your name to appear. Each station you have to go is very courteous and knowledgeable.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
As stated previously he was definitely there to discuss concerns and or outcomes that look positive. I didn't think it all sounded like a dream but as a real possibility. I normally wouldn't allow male doctors to treat me but I made the exception because he came highly recommended. He was concerned and realistic at the same time. He gave me a set of goals and once completed he told me that everything looked good enough to move forward.
Be patient with the doctor because he is patient with the everyone. The plan he sets for you is for a reason and he is there to answer any wordings you may have so don't be afraid to ask.
The one on one time the doctor gabr me felt warm and welcoming. Providing realistic goals to begin an ivf cycle.
Since I have no eggs/follicles, he suggested we do a sample cycle to see if everything else would work. For example will my lining thicken as supposed to, and it did. So we was hopefully and once I completed the trial cycle I was able to pick a donor and begin.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
The nurse was good, gentle and caring. I'm not a fan of doctors and services because they can be rude. I understand they don't have to know and tremendously me but it's important for bed side manors to be appropriate and theirs was. I was pleased.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is very up to date with state of the art equipment. You check in at the desk look for your name to appear on the monitors which will tell you where you need to be. The first time you go, you get escorted to ask the places you need to be. The next time you wait for your name to appear. Each station you have to go is very courteous and knowledgeable.
I only paid copay because I hadn't done a real cycle of ivf yet but I was quoted about $35,000 without insurance which is what would need to be ran and checked before Finalizing the cost for donor egg.
I didn't understand why it had to be single over multiple but given my age And risk I understood more why it was suggested to do a single over multiple.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
The one department that is a bit frustrating to communicate with is records. I have been trying to apply for grants and made a request for my records and have not recieved an email response Navi saying we sent it to you or the grant company so I don't know anything.
2016 - 2020, Unknown Success
I've seen Dr. Zhang twice. The first time I saw him I thought his bedside manner was terrible. He spoke more to my male partner than to me, and the fertility issues are related to me...If you're looking for someone who is going to spend a lot of time with you, Dr. Zhang probably isn't that doctor. That doesn't mean I felt neglected just that a lot happens in the background and not at your appointment.
Egg retrieval was $1,500 and anesthesia for it $650 if you want anything beyond local. I opted just for local to keep the cost down...New Hope is a high volume clinic. The first time I went it was really overwhelming and felt like being on an assembly line in a factory. Now that I've gone and completed a cycle I actually kind of like the process. I've been to smaller clinics that have their strengths and you feel like less of a number but New Hope is so efficient that it makes up for the smaller more personalized feel of a small clinic.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Zhang is very busy. New Hope is a busy practice and he seems to have a lot on his plate. When I first saw him, I didn't love his bedside manner. I didn't feel like he was talking to me as a person. I was young and really struggling, I'm not saying I wanted things sugarcoated but I wanted to feel like someone could help me and I didn't feel like he was listening to my concerns. I came back four years later during COVID-19 and his bedside manner was a lot improved and I felt like he was listening.
I've seen Dr. Zhang twice. The first time I saw him I thought his bedside manner was terrible. He spoke more to my male partner than to me, and the fertility issues are related to me. It was one of my first interactions in the fertility space and I was very young and so I decided to get another opinion. I came back to the clinic in 2020 because they are one of the only clinics practicing during the COVID-19 outbreak. I had a failed egg retrieval, one follicle no egg and was devastated . Zhang was very kind and willing to continue to work with me, almost like an entirely different doctor than the one I had met four years earlier. Even then though, I haven't really gotten more than 10 minutes of his time. It's a very busy practice.
I used femara and then had an egg retrieval with nothing else. Nothing was able to be retrieved from the follicle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
New Hope is a high volume clinic and so you have to be organized to handle all of those cases. The staff replies to messages quickly and provides detailed instructions. I also really like the ultrasound tech who usually does my scans.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
You get a window when you can come for monitoring. I liked that I had an option beyond be here at the crack of dawn. The clinic has screens that tell you where to go (blood, ultrasound, etc). It does feel a bit like being on an assembly line but after going to clinics that are less organized, I've grown to like it.
My insurance covers appointments and monitoring. Egg retrieval was $1,500 and anesthesia for it $650 if you want anything beyond local. I opted just for local to keep the cost down.
2022, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Zhang] was fast but explained assessed and guided me. He told me what he thought and what I should do and was prompt said he would call.me the next day but a nurse called. I would have rather spoke to the doctor myself...Write down your questions, make sure u understand before leaving and ask him to call u personally...2 diffrent meds he would put me on to try, than told me about two meds intercourse suggested i do.it for.2.months than try iui...
A weakness [at New Hope Fertility Center] was waiting over an hour to talk to the doctor and new patients not knowing what to.do when u first walk in there it can be a bit intimidating. Everything else was great, everything was done step by step blood work sonogram than the doctor...the lady who drew my blood didnt hurt me at all...Some costs are.good.somw.costs are lumped together and are.more than what u would expect...
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
He was fast but explained assessed and guided me. He told me what he thought and what I should do and was prompt said he would call.me the next day but a nurse called. I would have rather spoke to the doctor myself.but if i had a choice i would see him everytime he seems very smart.
He addressed my personal questions and a plan for what i want
I did blood work first, than sonogram, than went to his office he asked me when i wanted to get pregnant and talked about my pcos he showed me my sonogram and a lot of.fibriods that i have. Askrd me questions about my period and told me about 2 diffrent meds he would put me on to try, than told me about two meds intercourse suggested i do.it for.2.months than try iui.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Very good the lady who drew my blood didnt hurt me at all
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
A weakness was waiting over an hour to talk to the doctor and new patients not knowing what to.do when u first walk in there it can be a bit intimidating. Everything else was great, everything was done step by step blood work sonogram than the doctor
Some costs are.good.somw.costs are lumped together and are.more than what u would expect.for example.the hsg test is 580 but than saline solution goes with that test for.350 and thata not clear unless u talknto a financial person
We didnt talk about that cause my focus isnt ivf i cant afford that.
New Hope Fertility Center

She [Dr. Makarov] was nice, but I always felt I was bothering her by asking questions because she looked so exhausted and doesn't seem very invested in my success. I was given minimum information and always felt insecure with my very first fertility treatment. After I moved to another clinic I realized she was not a good doctor for me to work with...
They [nurse of New Hope Fertility Center] made me go through blood test and ultrasound when I didn't need them, because I wasn't on my cycle. I asked them several times to make sure if I had to take the blood out and pay for it, as one of the nurses said I didn't need to, but they made me go through it anyway and billed me later. What was worse was that they lost the sample and I didn't hear back the result. I hope it didn't get misplaced by someone else's.
She was nice, but I always felt I was bothering her by asking questions because she looked so exhausted and doesn't seem very invested in my success. I was given minimum information and always felt insecure with my very first fertility treatment. After I moved to another clinic I realized she was not a good doctor for me to work with.
She will give you minimum information so be ready to become your own advocate and do your research to ask questions
She didn't seem very invested in patients' success. She always looked tired.
IUI with clomid
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Oksana)
She was a sweet person, but the operation was a mess.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
They have many options of IVF but I'm not sure if that was really for us patients. They might just want us to spend money. You don't have any privacy as your name is displayed on the big TV monitors on the wall.
IUI was for 2000 and my insurance didn't cover any of it. There was unexpected bills to given on the day of procedure as a surprise. I really don't recommend this clinic.
Describe Jennifer Kulp Makarov's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
Not sure.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
They made me go through blood test and ultrasound when I didn't need them, because I wasn't on my cycle. I asked them several times to make sure if I had to take the blood out and pay for it, as one of the nurses said I didn't need to, but they made me go through it anyway and billed me later. What was worse was that they lost the sample and I didn't hear back the result. I hope it didn't get misplaced by someone else's.
Jennifer Kulp Makarov
New Hope Fertility Center
I had three cycles, the medications were slightly altered each time [by Dr. Meir Olcha] and I had an extra day of stimulation with each cycle...saw me at most of my monitoring appointments to give me an update on my progress. Dr. Olcha also gave me a call after every retrieval which was nice...He was also very honest about my results and what I can expect in the future...I ended up completing 3 cycles of egg freezing and each time he adjusted my medication regimen which resulted in more eggs.
I had three cycles [at New Hope Fertility Center], the medications were slightly altered each time and I had an extra day of stimulation with each cycle...The nursing staff was very kind, professional and had great communication skills...I did not have to go as often as some of my friends who went to other clinics. When I did go it was fast and efficient...I did three cycles which was $7,500 this did not cover anesthesia or medicine. Some offices I consulted at wanted to charge $9,200 just for one cycle.
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Olcha was extremely kind and professional. I ended up completing 3 cycles of egg freezing and each time he adjusted my medication regimen which resulted in more eggs. He was also very honest about my results and what I can expect in the future.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
You are in good hands. It was a much easier process than anticipated.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Everyone at the office was very kind and professional. Dr. Olcha or one of the other doctors saw me at most of my monitoring appointments to give me an update on my progress. Dr. Olcha also gave me a call after every retrieval which was nice.
Describe the protocols Meir Olcha used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I had three cycles, the medications were slightly altered each time and I had an extra day of stimulation with each cycle.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
They have early hours which is good for someone who works. I was normally there for 30-40 minutes for monitoring which isn’t bad. They are open 7 days a week. The staff is very professional and efficient. The price for egg freezing was also a fraction of what other facilities were charging.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center.
Meir Olcha
New Hope Fertility Center

My doctor [Dr. Zhang] took time to sit down with me and address any concerns i had, and followed up with a direct phone call to see how i was doing and If I had further questions or concerns. ... While my plan at the time was to freeze my eggs, I would have liked time for a one on one discussion on my infertility issues in depth. ... The egg freezing procedure costed me around 6k per cycle - much less than the 10k on average.
Nurses at New Hope went above and beyond in terms of communication and procedures. ... The clinic was very clean and had state of the art equipment and procedures were run with the utmost professional staff. I am completely satisfied and highly recommend this clinic to anyone that is looking for top quality service at an affordable price.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
There were certain costs i felt were unecessary, but NH worked with me to adjust the bill. While my plan at the time was to freeze my eggs, I would have liked time for a one on one discussion on my infertility issues in depth.
Clearly communicate with the doctor regarding short and longer-term fertility goals, and about any issues you might have. NH is flexible and can work with you.
My doctor took time to sit down with me and address any concerns i had, and followed up with a direct phone call to see how i was doing and If I had further questions or concerns.