6.2
6.2

4 Columbus Circle

2021 - 2022, 22 Eggs Frozen
The nurses [at New Hope Fertility Center] were all very kind and supportive, and made the whole process easier...Except for the first two visits, my monitoring appointments went fairly quickly and I usually didn't have to wait too long. It was convenient that there was a Brooklyn monitoring location, though inconvenient that I had to call/e-mail to make an appointment there and nobody ever responded to my e-mails...
How was your experience with Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center?
She was very nice when I met her. I didn't feel rushed and she was sure to answer all our questions about egg freezing and the process. But I realize now that I didn't even know all the questions to ask, because there was a lot about the process and my body and potential risks that I just didn't know, so I do wish I had been given a more thorough overview of what was involved and what could happen both during and after an egg retrieval.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center?
Do your research and write all your questions down ahead of time, and maybe be upfront about the type of communication you want and expect in order to feel safe and supported. I remember a nurse telling me she had developed OHSS after her cycle and had been in a lot of pain (this was after I was dealing with my OHSS symptoms), and she said "I remember calling my doctor in the middle of the night crying!", and I thought, "I wouldn't even know how to get a hold of my doctor."
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center?
I met Dr. Makarov once for my initial consultation and then never saw her again during my entire egg freezing cycle. Every time I asked if I could talk to her, I was told I'd have to wait 30 minutes or I could speak to a nurse now, so I'd obviously just speak to the nurse. But because different nurses (though all very nice) did my monitoring each time, it definitely felt a bit impersonal and I never felt like I knew exactly what was going on, what the drugs were doing to me, where I was in my cycle. I'd just wait for an email to tell me what to do and then I'd do it. And if I had questions about my prescription and whatnot, I would email back and rarely get a response, or a few times I called and was told a nurse would call me back and nobody ever did (until I called again and pleaded to speak to someone immediately). I know the clinic was dealing with a lot of staffing issues because of Covid which isn't their fault, so my experience might be a result of that. But I will also say that on the day of my retrieval, I was told for the first time that I would very likely have to do another cycle as it's more common for people to do 2+ cycles than only one. I had no idea, as I'd never done this before, and had not budgeted for more than one cycle, and suddenly felt very confused and unprepared as I was heading into my procedure. Luckily, we retrieved a good amount of eggs so I'm not doing another retrieval for now, but I felt very in the dark about that and like more information was just being sprung on me. And finally, I developed OHSS after my procedure which I had never heard of and was not warned about at all during my weeks of monitoring, I was just given a one-sheet on it as I was leaving the clinic after my procedure. I was in a lot of pain and discomfort and nearly fainted twice in my home and was terrified something was seriously wrong with me. After calling several times, I was able to speak to a nurse who was very kind, but again, I would have appreciated speaking to my doctor about any of this. I wasn't even told firmly that my diagnosis was OHSS until I just asked them flat out. Again, the staff I spoke to were always nice, and I want to be understanding in these abnormal times we're in, but I definitely wish I felt more supported than I did.
Describe the protocols Jennifer Kulp Makarov used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We did a mini-IVF cycle for egg-freezing because of my (relatively) young age, doing a combo of Gonal-F injections and Clomid + Letrozole for about 10 days before my trigger injection and then egg retrieval procedure. It was very successful and we were able to freeze 22 eggs. I developed OHSS afterwards which was very painful and uncomfortable and was prescribed Cabergoline.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nurses were all very kind and supportive, and made the whole process easier. I really appreciate them.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic was fine. It's convenient there are two floors, and I actually found it was organized fairly well. Except for the first two visits, my monitoring appointments went fairly quickly and I usually didn't have to wait too long. It was convenient that there was a Brooklyn monitoring location, though inconvenient that I had to call/e-mail to make an appointment there and nobody ever responded to my e-mails and it was usually after hours when I was able to try and call.
I appreciated the "window" for monitoring appointments and I usually didn't have to wait too long, and the nurses were all very nice. The Brooklyn location had no wait at all but you do have to make a specific appointment for it, which is a bit less convenient only because if the night before I realized Brooklyn would be much easier, there would be no way for me to contact them to make an appointment (rarely would someone respond quick enough to an email, and their office/phone would be closed).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center.
In total, out of pocket (my insurance covered maybe 1 medication), it was about $7,000 for one egg freezing cycle, not including storage beyond the 6 months.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
Just once, I was told to continue taking a certain medication but they hadn't called a refill in to the pharmacy. So I tried calling New Hope, but it was the weekend so they were closed, so I e-mailed them, and someone was able to respond and call in the prescription. It was resolved quickly, but still an oversight.

2021 - 2022, Unsuccessful
Dr. Zhang and his mini IVF protocol definitely works better for me, having had poor results from a standard stimulation protocol. He is compassionate and seems very optimistic but perhaps doesn't really give the full picture as to your chances of success. His communication is also somewhat lacking. He has adjusted the protocol after each retrieval, but doesn't explain why he is adjusting...[he] will transfer multiple embryos
The [New Hope Fertility Center] nursing staff is very friendly and efficient...they are very clear with instructions and respond quickly...Strengths are the cost of procedures is more accessible than other clinics, the office is really nice and conveniently located. They run a very efficient office and I'm never waiting very long during monitoring. Weaknesses are communication is lacking more detail about specific cases.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
I did 4 egg retrievals (yielding 12 eggs total, 6 embryos) and 3 embryo transfers (two frozen, one fresh). I trust Dr. Zhang and his mini IVF protocol definitely works better for me, having had poor results from a standard stimulation protocol. He is compassionate and seems very optimistic but perhaps doesn't really give the full picture as to your chances of success. His communication is also somewhat lacking. He has adjusted the protocol after each retrieval, but doesn't explain why he is adjusting. My last retrieval was the worst and was a natural cycle, but I was left to guess why this didn't work.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Make sure to ask the nurses to send you your blood results and follicle counts after each monitoring visit. Don't be afraid to ask for more communication. If you're doing a mini IVF, be aware that it could take several cycles to achieve a pregnancy.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
At times I felt like just a number and at other times I felt like they were treating my individual case. They are a very busy office and see a lot of patients. That said, everyone is very friendly and I never felt mistreated. However, they are not forthcoming with details about my specific care, and give only the bare minimum of instructions to keep you moving along the conveyer belt.
Describe the protocols John Zhang used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Cycle #1 (6 eggs retrieved, 1 degenerated, 5 fertilized, 1 Day 6 blastocyst - FET after hysteroscopy unsuccessful): Clomid 100mg for 5 days, then 1 tablet for 4 days Letrozole 5mg every evening for 5 days Gonal F 225 units for 2 days Orilissa 1/4 tablet vaginally at bedtime one night Gonal F 150 units @ bedtime one night Ovidrel 250 mcg Cycle #2 (6 eggs retrieved, 1 degenerated, 5 fertilized, 2 day 3 embryos, 1 day 5 blast, 2 day 6 blasts - fresh transfer of both days 3s did not implant): Estrace 2mg daily for 6 days Clomid 100 mg for 6 days Gonal F 225 units for 3 days Gonal F 150 units for 2 days Clomid 50 mg, Gonal-F 150 units, 1/4 tablet Orilissa for 2 days Orilissa 1/8 tablet Ovidrel 250 mcg FET protocol # 2 (2 blastocysts failed to implant): Estrace 2mg daily for 14 days Prometrium 400 mg one day Prometrium 200 mg 2x daily until morning before FET Cycle #3 (0 eggs retrieved): Birth control HALF a pill a day by mouth for 7 days Clomid 50mg 1 tablet one day Lupron trigger
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nursing staff is very friendly and efficient. I think they could communicate better with results from monitoring (you have to specifically ask for this when they email with instructions). That said, they are very clear with instructions and respond quickly. I wouldn't say they go above and beyond, but I have not had a bad experience. The staff is so big that I don't really speak to one particular nurse, just whoever is on his team that happens to be emailing patients that day.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center.
Egg retrieval, including fertilization and culture to blastocyst, is $2750. Fresh transfer is $1500 and FET is $3000
Describe John Zhang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
Dr. Zhang will transfer multiple embryos. I have had two multiple embryo transfers.
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr. Zhang was always very honest and candid in our conversations and always added some humor into our conversations which I appreciated...I liked the conservative approach that he took and always made sure I felt comfortable with the protocol before proceeding...appreciated that he canceled one transfer cycle when he didn’t think that it would be successful instead of just going for it. But he also gave me the option to continue if I wanted.
They [New Hope Fertility Center] are very organized and the office runs efficiently from check in to when you’re called back. They have a screen that lets you know where you should be when which I preferred over people yelling into a lobby. The people at the front desk always greeted everyone warmly and I always felt welcome...Most communication happens through the nurses via email but they are always available to talk on the phone if you would prefer...
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
It is very obvious that Dr. Zhang is extremely knowledgeable and competent as a doctor. I very much appreciated his candor and the humor he infused in our conversations. He always took the time to explain everything to me and made sure I understood everything before moving on. I appreciated that he canceled one transfer cycle when he didn’t think that it would be successful instead of just going for it. But he also gave me the option to continue if I wanted.
Don’t be surprised by his direct nature.
Dr. Zhang was always very honest and candid in our conversations and always added some humor into our conversations which I appreciated. He always made me feel comfortable and answered all of my questions and concerns. I liked the conservative approach that he took and always made sure I felt comfortable with the protocol before proceeding.
I came to Dr. Zhang as my second doctor so I went immediately into another egg retrieval. He decided to do mini IVF with me. I had previously done traditional IVF protocol at my previous doctor and did not respond very well to that and had OHSS. He believed that mini IVF would have less side effects for me with the same results and possibly better egg quality.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Most communication happens through the nurses via email but they are always available to talk on the phone if you would prefer but I preferred email. The nurses who completed the ultrasounds always read my chart before completing the ultrasound and knew exactly where I was in my cycle. Everyone always treated me with great kindness.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
They are very organized and the office runs efficiently from check in to when you’re called back. They have a screen that lets you know where you should be when which I preferred over people yelling into a lobby. The people at the front desk always greeted everyone warmly and I always felt welcome.
Monitoring was very easy to schedule. They give you a window and you can show up anytime during that window. You check in at the front desk then wait for your name to appear on the screen. You get your blood work first and then go back for an ultrasound after you complete bloodwork. I always went first thing in the morning before work and was never there for more than 20 minutes.
I do not remember the exact breakdown of cost for my treatments as insurance covered the majority of my treatment except the egg retrieval and that was around $3,000.
I was recommended to do single embryo transfer because of the number of embryos I had and because of my age. I was not given information about doing a multiple embryo transfer.
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr Merhi ALWAYS has treated me as a human, Remembered details about me and has been completely on top of my care at all times, even when he is not physically in the office...He has been thorough, showed me kindness and I can tell he genuinely wants us to have our baby...I would not consider myself an easy patient as I like to understand everything that is going on, ask many questions and the process can be very difficult for me He has never once made me feel rushed or like a number. He is thorough, kind, empathetic, charismatic and most importantly extremely good at dictating and adjusting the protocols needed for you to have your baby.
I have not one bad word to say about New Hope and I have (unfortunately) been a patient for a long time. as I am doing mostly natural cycle, which can take time. They are busy, clean, well located and run like a well oiled machine. Some people could feel overwhelmed at such a busy clinic but I do not at all. I am familiar with many of the staff now and it is a pleasant experience going there. Excellent daily monitoring hours.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
I have unfortunately had a long experience with some set backs trying to conceive. Dr Merhi has cared for me since day one and I struggle to imagine a better doctor. He has been thorough, showed me kindness and I can tell he genuinely wants us to have our baby. No matter how long it takes I would never want anyone else to be in charge of my care. I would not consider myself an easy patient as I like to understand everything that is going on, ask many questions and the process can be very difficult for me He has never once made me feel rushed or like a number. He is thorough, kind, empathetic, charismatic and most importantly extremely good at dictating and adjusting the protocols needed for you to have your baby.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Book in with him as soon as you can. You will not regret it. Expect that at New Hope the doctors often work as a team effort so know that even if it doesn't seem that you see him often, he is still always reviewing your results and making decisions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Zaher Merhi used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Many natural cycles (usually producing one eggs) Few mini ivf cycles )usually producing one-three eggs)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
New Hops nurses are a wonderful group of women. They are thorough and attentive and always pleasant to deal with. Sometimes it can be a challenge getting a response from them but you can always call and speak to someone or send another email and that always does the trick. They are a very busy clinic some days.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center.
I have no fertility insurance coverage so everything for me is self paying. Monitoring unlimited $800 Egg Retrieval $1250
Describe Zaher Merhi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
SET only for tested blasts Willing to be flexible for 3 day untested embryos

2020, Consult
He [Dr. Merhi] is a strong proponent of PGT testing embryos and because of that recommends single embryo transfer...I had been through a lot of cycles and he listened to each step I had been through and asked questions along the way. He validated what I was already thinking - that low does was the path forward. He also encouraged me that there were quite a few other options before donor eggs needs to be discussed which has been a change from other clinics I spoke to.
Strengths [of New Hope Fertility Center] would be their technology. Their lab is top notch which is important to me. The weakness would be that they seem to push birth control as a way to prime which I don't think works for everyone. Although they are open to trying something else if you request it so its important to be knowledgeable going in...
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
By the time I met with Dr Mehi I had consulted with a lot of clinics and was set on moving forward only with low dose IVF. I had been through a lot of cycles and he listened to each step I had been through and asked questions along the way. He validated what I was already thinking - that low does was the path forward. He also encouraged me that there were quite a few other options before donor eggs needs to be discussed which has been a change from other clinics I spoke to. But at the same time he was realistic and let me know that I would likely need more than one cycle and why that was case which was appreciated.
Be open to both positive and not so positive info since I think he is realistic. He wants to help and will spell out how he can do that but he also wants to provide you with the facts.
Dr Merhi was very personable and friendly. I didn't feel like he was rushing me and it felt like he was truly interested in understanding my path so far. He gave me the encouragement I needed that I still had options and shouldn't give up hope.
Mini IVF/low dose IVF is the treatment recommended for me mainly because I have diminished ovarian reserve. I have already tried a high dose IVF and had no better response than when I did medicated IUI. So he said it really didn't make sense to use high dose since we know my body won't respond to it.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strengths would be their technology. Their lab is top notch which is important to me. The weakness would be that they seem to push birth control as a way to prime which I don't think works for everyone. Although they are open to trying something else if you request it so its important to be knowledgeable going in.
The costs seemed very competitive to me. However, mine were related to low dose IVF. They are very open about sending you the full price list after your consult so it all seemed very clear and there was no grey areas.
He is a strong proponent of PGT testing embryos and because of that recommends single embryo transfer.
New Hope Fertility Center

Zaher Merhi is a clear communicator and blunt about risks and costs. He deals with severe infertility patients and older patients, so he is very clear about treatment options and your odds of getting pregnant. That said, he has always been smiling and positive...I have severe infertility and very low egg reserve, so we have done estrogen only and natural IVF. I also did Ovarian rejuvenation with PRP.
Just like the clinic, they [nurses of New Hope Fertility Center] are busy. You will always be dealing with whoever is available and occasionally information has had to be clarified...I did outside monitoring and they made that process easy for me and updated me quickly...$500/month for outside monitoring during natural IVF cycles. $3000 for egg retrieval. Very decent pricing.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Zaher Merhi is a clear communicator and blunt about risks and costs. He deals with severe infertility patients and older patients, so he is very clear about treatment options and your odds of getting pregnant. That said, he has always been smiling and positive. He is always willing to fight for you and your fertility if you understand the risks and want to fight. He gave me hope. I would only change one thing. He did not call when my little embryo (the only one I've ever gotten) died on day three. I got a cold, one sentence email from the lab. He should have called.
He works in a high volume, fast-paced clinic. If you want to speak to him directly, be clear and let the nursing staff or his team know. Also, you can always reach him via email. Expect a blunt, but consistently cheerful and positive man.
This clinic is extremely efficient. Some people may feel like a number in their fast paced environment, but I liked it. However, on the rare occasions that I spoke directly with Dr. Merhi, he was always smiling and positive. Unlike other doctors, he was willing to contribute the fight with me.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Just like the clinic, they are busy. You will always be dealing with whoever is available and occasionally information has had to be clarified.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
My doctor is great when he is available and the clinic is efficient, clean and not too expensive. The efficiency of the clinic can make it feel cold and sometimes you will have to ask for attention and clarify information.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
I once had two nurses in the same day email me two differing amounts of estrogen to take for the upcoming twelve days. I had to clarify. Also, whenever my bloodwork results come back, I always have to ask for the details of my follicle lengths. Not the end of the world, just an annoyance.

2020, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Zhang] is very experienced with mini IVF using oral medications mostly and/or low dose injectables and IVF for women over 40. He also experienced in doing ovarian PRP for women who struggle with egg quality and quantity....The clinic [New Hope] and he have a lot of experience doing mini IVF. So they use a combo of both letrozole and clomid together or separately as well as very low dose injectables. The rationale is having quality over quantity...
They [New Hope] are busy with many patients but the prices are affordable for people who do not have IVF coverage. They specialize in Mini IVF so that also makes meds cheaper since you don't take a lot of the expensive injectable meds. The in house PGS testing is affordable. Even if you start with a certain doctor, that doctor may not be the one giving your instructions so make sure you check in with your doctor during the cycle if you have questions....You deal with multiple nurses [at New Hope] so that makes it harder. For example I had to ask each nurse each time to use a certain insurance code on my outside monitoring orders...
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
He is very experienced with mini IVF using oral medications mostly and/or low dose injectables and IVF for women over 40. He also experienced in doing ovarian PRP for women who struggle with egg quality and quantity.
They seem like a busy clinic so be your own advocate and don't let yourself fall through the cracks.
I felt like during the phone consult he spent time discussing my case. I felt he cared and had experience I was looking for.
The clinic and he have a lot of experience doing mini IVF. So they use a combo of both letrozole and clomid together or separately as well as very low dose injectables. The rationale is having quality over quantity.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
You deal with multiple nurses so that makes it harder. For example I had to ask each nurse each time to use a certain insurance code on my outside monitoring orders.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
They are busy with many patients but the prices are affordable for people who do not have IVF coverage. They specialize in Mini IVF so that also makes meds cheaper since you don't take a lot of the expensive injectable meds. The in house PGS testing is affordable. Even if you start with a certain doctor, that doctor may not be the one giving your instructions so make sure you check in with your doctor during the cycle if you have questions.
the prices are al la carte. The prices are pretty affordable
The clinic does a lot of PGS testing due to the low pricing of in house PGS testing and the advanced ages of the women. So they do many single embryo transfers in this case. They will transfer multiple embryos if not tested or if they are day 3 embryos.
New Hope Fertility Center

I always felt like he [Dr. Olcha] was giving me his full attention - he was always in the office when I would go in for monitoring the mornings. I think he works everyday because I would always see him which was so lovely. He could always come in to my scans and give me feedback right there which was really helpful for me because I like to be informed...He made what tends to be a stressful situation so easy and positive! I truly have only good things to say about my experience.
Before my first cycle [at New Hope Fertility Center] and before the second cycle, I took birth control to baseline everything... The results were good both times - he [Dr. Olcha] seemed really happy with it - overall, 18 eggs retrieved and 17 frozen...The nurses were AMAZING. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. They really helped me with any additional questions I had...Tons of seating and really open and bright with lots of windows. I visited other locations with waiting areas that are dark and depressing with women waiting packed together in a room - that does not work for me! After checking in with the receptionist (who were all so friendly),
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
From the moment I met Dr. Olcha, I knew I would be in the best hands. I didn't know much at the beginning of the process about anything and he was so patient and explained everything to me. During my first retrieval, I had a ton of questions but he answered everything and really made me feel at ease. My experience was really positive - the medication he prescribed to me for both cycles was so easy - the injections didn't hurt - it was a dream scenario. I responded well both times and had good outcomes and he was happy with the results and was really with me every step of the way both times. I am so fortunate to have had Dr. Olcha as my doctor. He made what tends to be a stressful situation so easy and positive! I truly have only good things to say about my experience.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
My advice to a prospective patient of Dr. Olcha's would be NOT to worry. He's the best! You can't go wrong!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Olcha is the best doctor. I always felt like he was giving me his full attention - he was always in the office when I would go in for monitoring the mornings. I think he works everyday because I would always see him which was so lovely. He could always come in to my scans and give me feedback right there which was really helpful for me because I like to be informed.
Describe the protocols Meir Olcha used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
For both cycles, my treatment was pretty similar. Before my first cycle and before the second cycle, I took birth control to baseline everything. Then once I started, it was a Follstim injection every night for the whole time with Clomid for the whole time as well and Letrozole for the first 5 nights. Orillissa before I triggered, and then the retrievals! It was really easy and pain-free - the injections did not hurt me at all even though I was so scared in the beginning! I would go in for monitoring early in the morning and he would always have instructions for me on what protocol to do next right away and I never had to wait long. The results were good both times - he seemed really happy with it - overall, 18 eggs retrieved and 17 frozen.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nurses were AMAZING. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. They really helped me with any additional questions I had. They were so patient in showing me how to inject myself, etc. All of the nurses are amazing at New Hope!
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
I have nothing but great things to say about New Hope! The offices are beautiful - right on Columbus Circle - it's large and spacious and very calming (I love the fish tanks!). They really know what they are doing and are so professional. I researched other places before deciding to go with New Hope. What they do their is so impressive! I really think they are the best at what they do.
I loved going in for monitoring! It the highlight of my weeks! The lobby/waiting area is so lovely and spacious. Tons of seating and really open and bright with lots of windows. I visited other locations with waiting areas that are dark and depressing with women waiting packed together in a room - that does not work for me! After checking in with the receptionist (who were all so friendly), I'd sit and wait for a few minutes before being called in for bloodwork. I don't love getting my blood taken but everyone at New Hope was so gentle and I survived every time and it barely hurt and they made me feel at ease. Then when I would get called in for the ultrasound, it was so fun and informative to see everything on the screen and how my follicles were progressing. Dr. Olcha works so hard everyday so every morning that I would go in for monitoring, he would be there! It was nice to have him in all of my scans! Chelsea, the physician's assistant who works with Dr. Olcha, is also a star. She is so lovely and I am so thankful she was there doing most of my scans for me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center.
The costs were in line with what was originally outlined - I did my research so I pretty much knew what they would be. I think it was well worth the expense.
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr Olcha suggested single embryo transfer to avoid any complications or birth defects...treated us very nicely and always there for us whether it's a sonogram or consultation or any questions. He never hesitated to answer any question whether it was face to face or via email...was very friendly and cleared every doubt we had regarding the IVF. He took personal interest at every level to make sure we are comfortable. He even wrote a letter to our insurance explaining our situation for shifting from IUI to IVF. Our first FET was unsuccessful due to unknown reasons which was done by another doctor. He made sure the second one be a success and took every measures to make it success and it did. We are happy, we choose New Hope and Dr. Meir Olcha.
Strengths [at New Hope Fertility Center] would be: The clinic is well staffed. Whether it is for blood work or sonogram or Insurance and billing help. I don't think they have any weakness...doctors are well experienced and really helpful...20 eggs were retrieved. Among them, 18 were fertilized, and 11 reached the blastocyst stage. Others were abnormal so were discarded. I was prescribed some other medications to make sure the 2nd FET to be a successful. And one of them was stopped on the day of FET and others were continued till 10 weeks of pregnancy.
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Olcha was very friendly and cleared every doubt we had regarding the IVF. He took personal interest at every level to make sure we are comfortable. He even wrote a letter to our insurance explaining our situation for shifting from IUI to IVF. Our first FET was unsuccessful due to unknown reasons which was done by another doctor. He made sure the second one be a success and took every measures to make it success and it did. We are happy, we choose New Hope and Dr. Meir Olcha.
Make sure, you are open to Dr. Olcha and explain him all your concerns and questions so he could treat you accordingly.
Dr Olcha treated us very nicely and always there for us whether it's a sonogram or consultation or any questions. He never hesitated to answer any question whether it was face to face or via email.
I was prescribed a medicine for the follicles to grow. 20 eggs were retrieved. Among them, 18 were fertilized, and 11 reached the blastocyst stage. Others were abnormal so were discarded. I was prescribed some other medications to make sure the 2nd FET to be a successful. And one of them was stopped on the day of FET and others were continued till 10 weeks of pregnancy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
You will be called within 10 mins of your check in time. They were very gentle while drawing the blood or while doing the sonogram. They made sure, we are comfortable at every step.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strengths would be: The clinic is well staffed. Whether it is for blood work or sonogram or Insurance and billing help. I don't think they have any weakness. Al the doctors are well experienced and really helpful.
75% was covered by our insurance for all fertility treatment and copay of 20$ for diagnostics and 30$ for doctor visit was charged.
Describe Meir Olcha's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
Dr Zhang and Dr Olcha suggested single embryo transfer to avoid any complications or birth defects.
New Hope Fertility Center

She [Dr. Lana Lipkin] was polite and has good maners, and sometimes even friendly...And then your doctor doesn't see you anymore after you reject a test because of a money issue (which was embarrasing to confess)...You feel like she only cared about your wallet...she try to put me on a very strong treatment to make them dissapear, whitout any explanation. Just got an email saying "take this". Didn't even explain for what.
The biggest weakness to me [at New Hope Fertility Center] is that they all act as you already know everything about a fertility treatment, about being pregnant, about the risks...The strengths: they work pretty fast. You don't really have to wait that much everytime you go to the clinic. And definitely the nurses team, the genetic doctor and the billing department were always amazing.
How was your experience with Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
She was polite and has good maners, and sometimes even friendly. But still many times we could tell that everything was about the money. In this kind of treatment, when you're almost hopeless and a completely ignorant, I guess the human part is very important. You have to fully trust that your doctor cares, that she understand that what you're about to do is the biggest thing in life. Yes, we know it cost money. We know it is a company... but there's a difference between a company and a factory. And then your doctor doesn't see you anymore after you reject a test because of a money issue (which was embarrasing to confess), neither before the transfer, neither 8 weeks after it... You feel like she only cared about your wallet.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
I would explain my whole experience.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
She was always polite and friendly. Always answer our questions in a very nice and proffesional way. But sometimes, we felt like we were missing info that shouldn't be asked but told in advance since doctor knew it could happen. Also, at certain point we felt like she was trying to do me unnecesary tests just for the money. After we rejected the last test since we didn't had the money to affort it and it wasn't going to make us change our decision of doing the transfer no matter what, Lipkin didn't see us anymore, which made us felt like she was "angry". So neither before the transfer neither 8 weeks after the transfer, we've seen our doctor til we requested it. That made us feel even more that everything is about the money...
Describe the protocols Lana Lipkin used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
In general, they were all before eggs retrieval. Only after I had cysts in both ovaries, she try to put me on a very strong treatment to make them dissapear, whitout any explanation. Just got an email saying "take this". Didn't even explain for what. So I looked for it on internet, and after reading about the side effects that it could have, I rejected it. At that moment, we decided to try the first transfer, hoping that my own and natural hormones would help with the cysts, since the medication she told me to take was full of it.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
They were my reason to keep working with NHFC. They were the most nice, friendly, kind, lovely... There's no enough words to describe absolutely all of them.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The biggest weakness to me is that they all act as you already know everything about a fertility treatment, about being pregnant, about the risks... I was 8 weeks and 5 days when I got a pdf about how to take care of my pregnancy on my 1st trimester... Also, they don't want to admit that you're pregnant at any moment. I guess because they're scared of legal process. But still... That makes you feel kind of hopeless. I signed a paper that says I understand the risk of abortion so there's no need to be that "cold". The strengths: they work pretty fast. You don't really have to wait that much everytime you go to the clinic. And definitely the nurses team, the genetic doctor and the billing department were always amazing.
So far so easy. Nurses were amazing!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center.
I guess we have spent around $30.000 in 3 egg retrievals (one didn't work) and one transfer. Plus genetic test, a water sonogram and many other things.
Describe Lana Lipkin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
She agreed with me that, because my age and my height and weight, I should go only with one per time.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
In general, everything went good if you think for how long I've been going (around 10 months). 1 or 2 mistakes... we are humans!

2020, Consult
I've only gone to the monitoring location in Jericho NY. The [New Hope Fertility Center] office is small but clean, it looks new. The nurse director is informative. Scan was efficient. To enter the building early in the morning you need a code, which they never told me. Call and ask before you go...The coordinator is very quick to answer emails but as a patient, I would like to speak directly to the doctor or a nurse.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
I had my first appointment over the phone with Dr Zhang. He seems like a good person but it was hard to understand him sometimes. This is the first time I'm going through infertility treatments and had a lot of questions on the process. In addition, he did not review my chart and I could tell because after I told him some of my results, he changed his recommendation of my treatment. All communication is done via email or phone after this point and never with the doctor. I'm supposed to get a phone call from him after my next monitoring session and will assess if I want to continue 'working' with this doctor/clinic.
He is extremely busy and only has time for first patient appointments. It sounds like he speaks Mandarin so it might work out if you do too. Coordinators are responsive but a lot of times you want to talk to the doctor or even a nurse. Be prepared to talk to the coordinators or the front desk the most.
I was only able to make an appointment with Dr Zhang for my first patient appointment. I was never able to contact him directly afterward. Any time I had a question, I had to email or call and communicate with a coordinator. I was told nurses were also very busy and I'd need a call back from them. Very impersonal treatment and you are treated like a number with no communication with doctor. Another practical point is that since he is not a native English speaker, it was difficult to understand him on the phone. If you want to go with Dr Zhang, maybe in person appointments would be better. He did not review my chart before my first patient appointment either.
I'm at the beginning of the process but he recommended ultra mini ivf for me, meaning all oral medication, because I have a low AMH level. I was researching a lot online and asked if he can use injectable medicine for me and said he'd check my next monitoring session. (When I say 'he', it refers to the team, not directly spoken to him.) He also said if the first round of oral medication didn't work he can prescribe injections. I am paying out of pocket for this treatment so I can't afford to go through multiple rounds of extractions. I read that his clinic performed a study that the success rate of ivf increases with the number of eggs. It doesn't make sense to me then why he wouldn't want to try and get more eggs even with low dose injections.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Uyen (Coordinator))
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
I've only gone to the monitoring location in Jericho NY. The office is small but clean, it looks new. The nurse director is informative. Scan was efficient. To enter the building early in the morning you need a code, which they never told me. Call and ask before you go.
800 for unlimited monitoring but be aware that all the monitoring won't happen in one month. When I asked how many months it spans out, the coordinator told me it could be 2-3 months. So you're spending 1600-2400 for up to 3 months of monitoring.
New Hope Fertility Center

I was so nervous of transferring the frozen eggs to a new facility but Dr. Olcha and the embryologist team at New Hope put me at ease. Their communication was amazing! I was also very nervous during my fresh egg retrieval because I did not use anesthesia. Dr. Olcha was great and I'm so glad I did it that way...Although it's a big clinic, I never felt like just a number with my doctor. The clinic is ran like a well oiled machine which was a relief to me based on my experience with my last clinic. The only weakness that I can state is that I would frequently submit required documents and test results but they would consistently state that they never received them.
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
I came to New Hope Fertility Clinic after a failed IVF experience at another clinic. During our 1st meeting with Dr. Olcha, I knew that we would be in good hands. Dr. Olcha is direct yet personable. He answered all of our questions in detail and made us feel heard. Although New Hope is a big clinic, I did not have the feeling that I was just a number. Prior to my procedure, Dr. Olcha checked on me frequently throughout email and phone. He answered any questions that I had quickly.
If you are trying to determine what doctor to use at New Hope, I would definitely recommend Dr. Olcha.
Dr. Olcha was personable and always responded to all my questions and concerns.
I had already froze 29 eggs from another clinic. After meeting with Dr. Olcha, we decided to thaw 15 of those eggs and complete another IVF cycle. Dr. Olcha was able to do fresh egg retrieval which resulted in 19 eggs. We ended up with 9 embryos then sent them for PGS testing. We now have three PGS normal embryos. I was so nervous of transferring the frozen eggs to a new facility but Dr. Olcha and the embryologist team at New Hope put me at ease. Their communication was amazing! I was also very nervous during my fresh egg retrieval because I did not use anesthesia. Dr. Olcha was great and I'm so glad I did it that way.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
I would highly recommend New Hope Fertility Center. Although it's a big clinic, I never felt like just a number with my doctor. The clinic is ran like a well oiled machine which was a relief to me based on my experience with my last clinic. The only weakness that I can state is that I would frequently submit required documents and test results but they would consistently state that they never received them.
My insurance paid for majority of treatment. I believe we had to pay $1,200 co-insurance and $5,500 for PGS testing
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr. Olcha loves what he does, he's extremely talented at it, but above all else he truly cares about his patients and their outcomes. He is patient, honest, thorough, and proactive. He is an excellent communicator. We feel like he is a part of our family now, and can't imagine going through any future cycles without being under his care...He provided his personal email and we were able to communicate as needed (though I tried to be respectful and not inundate him). He was the first doctor to call me after a procedure to check in and make sure I was feeling ok. Even on his days out of the office he was responsive to emails if they were urgent. I was really able to let go of my fears and just trust him, and I got the impression all of his patients feel the exact same way. He is a rare find and is invested in every patient and their future family as if it's an extension of his own family. He is stuck with us a
I had been given conflicting information about the status of my embryos [at New Hope Fertility Center]...The nurses are wonderful. I had one instance of the wrong drug information being communicated which probably had more to do with different doctor's taking over my chart after an egg retrieval than a nurse error...takes lots of insurances and doesn't balance bill, so they are one of the more affordable options as far as I have heard. I think there are enough doctors that no matter what you are dealing with, your background, or your concerns, you can find a doctor that is a good fit for you. I wish I had spoken to a couple doctors before getting started because I probably would have gone with Dr. Olcha right away and had a much better experience throughout. I am sure there are doctors at the clinic just as loved by others for different reasons (though I maintain he is a gem!!)
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
I think I already covered this in the last question. But to add a little more colour, I grew up a physician's daughter and was treated in my father's medical community by his colleagues until I was an adult. I was used to doctors treating me like their own daughter. Now of course as I independently navigate the health sphere I understand just how rare it is to find a doctor who treats you like family, especially when you're a perfect stranger. Dr. Olcha loves what he does, he's extremely talented at it, but above all else he truly cares about his patients and their outcomes. He is patient, honest, thorough, and proactive. He is an excellent communicator. We feel like he is a part of our family now, and can't imagine going through any future cycles without being under his care.
Ask for him first.
Where to begin. I had seen three other doctors at the same clinic as every time I had a procedure, whoever was assigned to perform it that day sort of took me over. All of the doctors were professional and knowledgable, but it weren't a good fit for me personally, especially because being passed around lead to errors in communication, resulting in the wrong medication being prescribed, an extremely painful endoscopy without any pain medication, and other unpleasantries. I was feeling very disheartened and beginning to lose trust. Dr. Olcha went above and beyond from day one. He immediately reassured me that things were indeed on track even though I had been given conflicting information about the status of my embryos after NICS (he is the Director of NICS so I went with his opinion in the end!). He provided his personal email and we were able to communicate as needed (though I tried to be respectful and not inundate him). He was the first doctor to call me after a procedure to check in and make sure I was feeling ok. Even on his days out of the office he was responsive to emails if they were urgent. I was really able to let go of my fears and just trust him, and I got the impression all of his patients feel the exact same way. He is a rare find and is invested in every patient and their future family as if it's an extension of his own family. He is stuck with us as long as we need a reproductive endocrinologist for as long as he is practicing!
By the time I switched to Dr. Olcha, it was in time for my first transfer. There was some debate about whether to go for a third IVF cycle/egg retrieval because we hope for a large family, but ultimately we decided to do the transfer after two cycles. So far so good!
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
I think this is very personal. The waiting room is extremely diverse. Infertility effects everyone and I was happy to see everyone comfortable coming to the same place for treatment. NHFC takes lots of insurances and doesn't balance bill, so they are one of the more affordable options as far as I have heard. I think there are enough doctors that no matter what you are dealing with, your background, or your concerns, you can find a doctor that is a good fit for you. I wish I had spoken to a couple doctors before getting started because I probably would have gone with Dr. Olcha right away and had a much better experience throughout. I am sure there are doctors at the clinic just as loved by others for different reasons (though I maintain he is a gem!!)
We had amazing insurance and were incredibly grateful. I honestly don't have a sense of what we spent out of pocket because the overwhelming majority was covered and then we weren't balance billed.
I can't speak to this but we transferred one embryo.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
I have several drug allergies and when I was passed between doctors, it was like they hadn't even read my chart. It was clear from their questions they did not even know the cause of our infertility. I was given BC for another retrieval round even though I was headed for transfer and since I'm so drug sensitive I had horrible headaches for days for no reason. Just frustrated me at the time on top of everything else and just the general stress of all the meds and hormones. I was never informed I had "switched" doctors (I hadn't), so when a new doctor who had been assigned to do my egg retrieval then ordered an endosee and spent all of 10 seconds explaining what was involved, I trusted them to move forward with this plan and assumed it was routine/ordered by the primary doctor overseeing my care. I will spare you the details, but the endosee, which we could not complete, was traumatic for me and the most pain I have ever felt in my life. In my opinion, the doctor took the procedure much too far witnessing the level of pain I was struggling with, and did not even return to the room to check on me afterwards even though I was sobbing. Given my history it should have never been performed without sedation (both my retrievals were under anesthesia) and it was clear to the primary doctor overseeing my care that I could not take vicoden or valium (allergic) which were offered to me the morning of... thus I was not administered anything for pain at all. Being offered these meds was my first tip that this was not a mild procedure (and that again important details about my medical history weren't coming up at critical times) and I felt extremely ill prepared going in. Looking back I still can't believe it happened. You do have to be flexible because your retrievals and transfers have to be timed perfectly and you get who is assigned that day, but you really need to learn to advocate for yourself and not hesitate to ask questions, raise eyebrows, trust your gut, and reiterate things about your unique case to make sure nothing falls through the cracks. Eventually Dr. Olcha performed a hysteroscopy on me under anesthesia. He discovered mild cervical stenosis, tried a water ultrasound, sono (I think), and performed a mock transfer to make sure that on the day of it would be smooth sailing. I was so grateful for his patience and it felt like he went above and beyond even though what he encountered was trickier than he expected. I felt so relieved and that he maximized the opportunity to explore my condition during a single procedure.

2020, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Makarov] seemed to rarely remember me between visits, perhaps because I was an out of town patient who didn't monitor with her but did it locally where I live...The cycle that my eggs both failed to fertilize, she didn't even contact me for 2 weeks. Every time I had an appointment for a call, she called late, or changed the time, or called when I couldn't talk
[New Hope Fertility Center was] Covered by insurance, except PGT-A testing ($850/embryo), sperm freezing ($400), sedation for retrievals ($650)...They [nurses] email you with bad news, no "sorry to tell you this", no compassion, no care. They seem overly busy...They are efficient, but that gives an assrmbly-line feel. They are cheaper than other clinics, and were covered by my insurance, and were willing to work with an older (>43yo) patient which is why I stuck with them.
I think many of the issues stem from the fact that she has too many patients to be able to even remember them, but she gives no indication that she's at all invested in your success. I feel like she could not give one hoot if I get pregnant, or not. The cycle that my eggs both failed to fertilize, she didn't even contact me for 2 weeks. Every time I had an appointment for a call, she called late, or changed the time, or called when I couldn't talk. If I suggested a treatment, she'd say "oh, I guess you can try that" - I am not the expert, I need your expertise to advise me.
Pick another doctor.
She seemed to rarely remember me between visits, perhaps because I was an out of town patient who didn't monitor with her but did it locally where I live. When she would call me, once she started talking about something that we had already discussed, and another time she seemed to think I was a new consult and said "how did you hear about us?".. umm I've been coming to you for 6 months, Doc.
Mini IVF with clomid, letrozole, follistim, ganirelix, HCG trigger. Always 150 units follistim. Sometimes birth control, sometimes orilissa to prime. Did some luteal phase retrievals. Retrieved between 1 and 5 eggs each retrieval. Zero normal embryos. INitially they recommends NICS (non invasive chromosome testing) for embryo abnormalities, but then they decided that is not accurate and changed to recommending send-out biopsies. I tried to retest 2 embryos which were NICS tested, and one disintegrated with thawing and was thrown out.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Different people email you all the time, often with contradictory instructions. They told me to take birth control, which I cannot do, and then said oh take this other med then (but I didn't have it, and you can't get it at a regular pharmacy). They email you with bad news, no "sorry to tell you this", no compassion, no care. They seem overly busy.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
They seem too money-hungry. I feel they let you just keep cycling over and over without changing things and don't really care if you get pregnant or not, as long as you're paying. They are quite robotic and impersonable. They are efficient, but that gives an assrmbly-line feel. They are cheaper than other clinics, and were covered by my insurance, and were willing to work with an older (>43yo) patient which is why I stuck with them.
Efficient and fast.
Describe Jennifer Kulp Makarov's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
They offered to transfer multiple due to my age and abnormal embryos.

2020, Unsuccessful
We sadly did not feel like a patient or like a human while treated by Dr. Makarov. I don't think she remembered the details about my case or situation. I often had to remind her of my situation. I very rarely saw her during office visits...[she] called me hours late for phone appointments...Multiple times, I would find out that the "plan" and course of treatment we had agreed upon, was no longer an option and was completely off the table
The office [at New Hope Fertility Center] unfortunately did not stagger monitoring appointments...Many of us would arrive around 6am and wait outside until the building was unlocked, then wait in the lobby to take the elevator upstairs, then wait in the waiting area...very disingenuous in the claims they make about treatment options and then the actual treatment they put you through
The first time we met with Dr. Makarov in a consultation, she seemed gentle which I really appreciated. She walked us through her suggestions for treatment and highlighted some of the treatments and procedures that her practice was known for and some things they were "pioneering". We were really drawn to the non-invasive and gentle way they claimed to approach infertility treatments. Initially she claimed, that I would only take oral medications and then 1-3 injections total for an egg retrieval cycle. She explained a new fertilization process that they use that is less invasive to the egg when injecting it with the sperm. And she explained that they only use local anesthesia for egg retrievals which is more gentle on the women's body as you don't have to be completely knocked out. I was really drawn to all of these claims as my partner and I have MFI and I am fairly young so I didn't feel that I needed the most invasive and intense treatment right away. Sadly, every single one of the claims Dr. Makarov made ended up being false and I didn't find out until right before the course of treatment or procedure. For example, right before I began my egg retrieval cycle, I was told I would actually be doing multiple injections/day. I was confused as I had been told there would only be oral medication plus 1-3 injections toward the end of the cycle. At that point, I wasn't too upset and I followed all the instructions of course. Then, a couple days before the egg retrieval procedure, I asked about the less invasive form of fertilization that Dr. Makarov had claimed we could utilize and she said "oh that is just experimental; we can't do that". I was really caught off guard as this was one of the primary reasons we had even selected this clinic, but since we were just a couple days out from the procedure, we moved forward. Then I went to sign the paperwork for the anesthesia for the procedure and I asked if I could do local anesthesia as Dr. Makarov had described to me. The nurse responded by saying "I don't think you'll be able to tolerate the pain; you should just get fully knocked out". I was again completely taken off guard and now I was too scared to do local anesthesia only after this nurse told me the pain would be unbearable so I of course opted for full anesthesia. The first egg retrieval cycle completely failed. We retrieved 11 eggs but 0 made it to blastocyst. We had thought that we would perhaps switch up my treatment plan for the next cycle since the first one completely failed. And when I spoke to Dr. Makarov on the phone, she said that we would do things differently. But when the time came around, they put me on the exact same treatment plan and medication list as the first time. I tried to keep asking why we weren't switching things up like Dr. Makarov said we were going to, but I was just told "this is what Dr. Makarov is prescribing you." It made me feel like she completely forgot about my previous cycle and my situation as a whole. The day of the second egg retrieval was extremely upsetting and stressful and was the "final straw" for us in deciding to switch clinics and doctors. The entire cycle leading up to the second egg retrieval, I had been trying to stress that we would like to use a different vial of frozen sperm from my husband to inseminate the eggs. My husband froze sperm before his cancer treatment and that was what we were using for IVF. The first egg retrieval cycle (which failed), the lab used one vial of sperm and none of the eggs made it to blastocyst. I wanted them to use a different vial of sperm for the second retrieval as we had no shortage of vials and we felt that there was no point to keep trying with a vial that obviously hadn't worked from the first cycle. The embryologists really wanted to just keep using the first vial again. I believe their thinking was they wanted to preserve the vials of sperm for us for future use but we have 20+ vials frozen so we were comfortable using a second vial for this cycle. But the embryologists essentially put their foot down and refused to use a second vial. I had to try to get Dr. Makarov to intervene and speak to the embryologists on our behalf so that they would follow the instructions and use a second vial. The morning of the retrieval, I was thrown back and forth between nurses and staff trying to explain what we needed and trying to get Dr. Makarov to instruct the embryologists downstairs in the lab. Dr. Makarov completely avoided us and wouldn't speak with us. Finally, one of the PAs made a phone call and then rushed me back downstairs as my procedure was scheduled to begin in 5 minutes. It was just a really stressful way to go into a procedure and we felt that we couldn't trust the staff at the clinic or the lab after that. As I mentioned, that was the final straw that led us to switch doctors and clinics. Dr. Makarov didn't perform either of my egg retrievals.
I truly can't recommend that anyone see Dr. Makarov. Luckily there are lots of other great fertility doctors in the New York City area and I hope that any prospective patients will take these reviews into consideration when making their decision. Don't be swayed by their claims of new and non-invasive treatments as they do not follow through.
We sadly did not feel like a patient or like a human while treated by Dr. Makarov. I don't think she remembered the details about my case or situation. I often had to remind her of my situation. I very rarely saw her during office visits - perhaps two times after the initial consultation over the course of 4 months. And the couple times that I did see her in the office, she was very rushed and unorganized and didn't seem to know what was going on with my cycle. She gave me a lot of contradicting information which was really frustrating and hurtful. Multiple times, I would find out that the "plan" and course of treatment we had agreed upon, was no longer an option and was completely off the table. Essentially, the reasons that I picked this clinic, ended up not being options. I felt tricked and manipulated and had I known they were going to backtrack on most of their claims, I wouldn't have come to this clinic in the first place. I do understand that there has to be a high level of flexibility with these types of treatments as you are being monitored and as the doctors see how things are progressing. But overall, I felt that Dr. Makarov and this clinic were very disingenuous in the claims they make about treatment options and then the actual treatment they put you through. Aside from visits in person, I was also dissatisfied with the way I was treated when I had phone appointments set up with Dr. Makarov. She would frequently call me up to 8+ hours late and made me feel like I was an inconvenience. Once when I tried to ask follow up questions following a failed procedure, she told me she couldn't answer any detailed questions because she was driving. It was hard to work my full-time job when I was constantly waiting on a phone call that was pushed and pushed throughout the entire day.
For both my egg retrievals with Dr. Makarov, I was on Clomid (oral), Letrazol (oral), and Gonal-F (injection). I triggered with Ovidrel once and Lupron once. I also took Orilissa to prevent premature ovulation.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
I concluded that the nursing staff was simply too overworked and overbooked to do a good job. They were incredibly unorganized and made a lot of mistakes but I truly think think this is because they were overworked and understaffed. Every morning for monitoring, there would only be one nurse in charge of doing the blood work for every single woman who came in. And they didn't stagger appointment times for blood work. It's just first come, first serve. So everyone would arrive at 6am, stand outside until the building doors opened at 6:30am, then stand in the lobby and wait for the elevators, then go upstairs and wait in the waiting area. I think that they simply had too many patients at one time because I would often have to wait up to two hours just for routine bloodwork and monitoring. The one nurse who was in charge of bloodwork for everyone was awesome. She was so quick and kind and attentive. But she was just way too overworked and they should have had 3-4 nurses doing her job. There was plenty of space for more; there were 3 chairs for drawing blood but they only ever used one. Otherwise, the nursing staff all seem like nice people but they just must be poorly informed because I would often receive incorrect instructions related to my medications from my nurse! And I would have to call her out and remind her that Dr. Makarov had actually said I would be taking another medicine. And she would say "Oh yes, ok take that medicine then." I did not feel that they were thorough or organized.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Overall, the clinic's biggest weakness and the reason we decided to switch to a different clinic/doctor is that they do not follow through on the things they claim. Additionally, it would be great if they could be a bit more organized in regards to appointment times to cut down on the hours of waiting for routine monitoring appointments. And finally, the communication was really non-existent. Very hard to get responses out of anyone and unclear who I should be reaching out to with questions.
The office unfortunately did not stagger monitoring appointments, so a large group of women would show up quite early in an attempt to get in early. Many of us would arrive around 6am and wait outside until the building was unlocked, then wait in the lobby to take the elevator upstairs, then wait in the waiting area. The longest I waited for monitoring was 2 hours.
I believe that Dr. Makarov recommends single embryo transfer which is what I wanted and so I was happy with approach.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
A few more specific area of pain were... * it was very difficult to get this clinic to send my records over to my new clinic when I decided to switch. I had to call for weeks to try to get through to the right person who could fax over my records and I was frequently referred back and forth between departments. * I was instructed to take the wrong trigger medication and I had to correct the nurse. * Dr. Makarov called me hours late for phone appointments. I do understand that as a doctor, her schedule isn't always predictable. But I think if she is going to call 8+ hours after our scheduled phone appointment time, the office should notify the patient so they aren't waiting on the call.
New Hope Fertility Center
I trust [Dr. Makarov's] intellect and experience, but felt in the dark quite often about why things were being done the way they were. I liked knowing what was happening and would have to bother the nurses to explain everything...Also, being 42 I don't think the doctor advised me accurately from the start at how slim the chances were of having good enough eggs and embryos without abnormalities. She is skilled and intelligent, and great at her job, but could have let us know how small the chances were before we got into it. We could have opted for a more aggressive treatment cycle.Keep notes of questions you want answered at the visits. After monitoring she has to run elsewhere, and doesn't have time to discuss side effects, make predictions etc. On one hand, it's nice not to have a "performer" giving false assurances, on the other, it would be nice to hear some positive thoughts on the process...We did mini ivf both times...The first 2 that made it to blastocysts were complex abnormal and not recommended for transfer.
Oksana [nurse at New Hope] was the main person I met with, but quite often emails would come from whoever was on staff, even if I never met them before. They would try to be detailed and when they would send emails missing information, I would have to ask for clarification, and they would send it...I would have liked if the clinic provided more than one sit down consultation with the doctor. Before starting a second IVF, I would have liked that they met with me, discussed what they think went wrong, and how they were going to address it for the next one. They should have told me, after the first egg retrieval, that I should prepare immediately for another, and the reasons why. Instead I was presented papers to sign I could barely understand, while waking up from sedation, by a disgruntled employee who didn't want to deal with me, or my collapsing recovery chair, being told that I was to have another egg retrieval for the first time.
I trust Makarov's intellect and experience, but felt in the dark quite often about why things were being done the way they were. I liked knowing what was happening and would have to bother the nurses to explain everything.
She's on the 3rd floor, not the 4th which feels like a mall during busy times. People remembered me, and answered my emails.
We did mini ivf both times. The second time around we used more GonalF per dose, so that we could get more follicles and more chances for successful embryos. The first 2 that made it to blastocysts were complex abnormal and not recommended for transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: So many people were wonderful)
Oksana was the main person I met with, but quite often emails would come from whoever was on staff, even if I never met them before. They would try to be detailed and when they would send emails missing information, I would have to ask for clarification, and they would send it. This part was frustrating, just send an email with everything a patient would want to know.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Clean, beautiful, conveniently located, organized and modern. On-site lab. Cookies or banana bread with coffee and infused water for people waiting. I disliked how hard it was to consistently take my blood - multiple people fumbled this.Frequently caused pain that would last the rest of the day and into the next for the next draw. Only 2 people could consistently successfully find my veins. The 4th floor had an inexplicable air freshener that was so strong, it filled the elevators. It stung my eyes the first time I visited. The billing "cashier" is off putting and has a very disinterested and bored attitude, and is in the same room as the rest of the people waiting their turn to make their dreams come true. They need to change that. The wake up after egg retrieval was so harsh - the chair kept falling backwards and I was jolted awake from the anesthetic. Not cozy or warm and the person dealing with me seemed to hate her job and made me sign something when barely cognizant. No doctor or nurse to talk to you afterwards to help you feel any dignity. I left with blood on my hand left from the anesthesiologist and just feeling incised. Instead of heading home to relax and recuperate, I asked for a meeting with the client care coordinator and submitted my complaints. The good is that they do care about their client experience and want to grow and expand. So they seemed interested in how they could do better.
The 3rd floor monitoring experience was nice. There was a screen for the 4th floor appointments with people's names coming up that were not in the room. Not sure why that was there. There was coffee, tea, water and snack. It was quiet and intimate and not as perfumed as the 4th floor. The upstairs monitoring is sometimes standing room only and a well oiled machine. But still can mean a wait for over an hour some days.
For the first egg retrieval we were covered by insurance. The second time, our plan had changed and it was out of network. 2750 for egg retrieval and fertilization (ICSI). 550 for anesthetic. 750 for NICS PGS testing (which includes free ICSI) and 1200 for freezing...some additional costs as well.
We didn't get to that phase.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
I would have liked if the clinic provided more than one sit down consultation with the doctor. Before starting a second IVF, I would have liked that they met with me, discussed what they think went wrong, and how they were going to address it for the next one. They should have told me, after the first egg retrieval, that I should prepare immediately for another, and the reasons why. Instead I was presented papers to sign I could barely understand, while waking up from sedation, by a disgruntled employee who didn't want to deal with me, or my collapsing recovery chair, being told that I was to have another egg retrieval for the first time. I'd also would have liked to have had an opportunity to speak to my doctor with my pants on, at her desk, and not in the exam room, about my case, with her halfway out the door. They booked her solid and ultimately I stopped seeing her and didn't care. Next, the billing cashier ran my partners credit card for a charge without notifying us first. She also didn't allow me to get on the wait list for the final blood draw before the egg retrieval until I paid. I waited a half hour thinking I was soon to be called up. The charges were all explained and she told me what the charges would be. Then gave me the receipt, and told me she'd email the receipt too (never did). Then my partner gets a cc notification that another 550 was charged, without an email notifying us that this was happening or a receipt to our emails. Overall, the cashier is the most demoralizing of the experience. I have no problem paying for services rendered but to make me line up like I'm buying tacos at a food truck is just not respectful of our time or money in a room that's supposed to be about "hope". Also, being 42 I don't think the doctor advised me accurately from the start at how slim the chances were of having good enough eggs and embryos without abnormalities. She is skilled and intelligent, and great at her job, but could have let us know how small the chances were before we got into it. We could have opted for a more aggressive treatment cycle.
2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Olcha is very communicative and you can reach him with a simple email. He makes it a point to meet with you after procedures. My medication changed and he called me on his day off to explain why he wanted to change things around. He's compassionate and very thorough. At our initial consultation he even told us an ideal diet you should have when trying to conceive...
[New Hope Fertility Center] clinic doesnt push all the normal medications if you dont want them. They offer a variety of IVF treatments including a natural IVF which is no stimulating drugs and just a trigger shot to release the egg for retrieval. I was drawn to this practice because they focus on one good quality egg and not the amount of eggs...[cost]about 1500 for retrieval, transfer about 7000. Every monitoring appointment, cost varies
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr Olcha is very communicative and you can reach him with a simple email. He makes it a point to meet with you after procedures. My medication changed and he called me on his day off to explain why he wanted to change things around. He's compassionate and very thorough. At our initial consultation he even told us an ideal diet you should have when trying to conceive. He was the first doctor to mention that and educate me, with all the other doctors I did a ton of research and found out all of this info.
Stay positive!
He is extremely considerate and even called to talk to me on his day off.
Clomid 2x a day and Letrozole 1x a day. Stopped Letrozole and then stopped Clomid because FSH was rising too high. I did a mini ivf which Dr Olcha thought was a good way to go because sometimes many places use too many drugs and that could harm the egg/embryo. I received 2 eggs, when in the retrieval he actually had one retrieved that was 10 mm (which Ive never heard of, usually they only will retrieve if theyre 18mm). The egg matured and was fertilized but sadly by day 3 failed to grow. I am now on birth control to hopefully get my hormones more balanced for the next try.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nursing staff is great. They seem very positive and on point.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
This clinic doesnt push all the normal medications if you dont want them. They offer a variety of IVF treatments including a natural IVF which is no stimulating drugs and just a trigger shot to release the egg for retrieval. I was drawn to this practice because they focus on one good quality egg and not the amount of eggs. They even offer an At Home IVF, which during these times is such a great offering!
Monitoring appointments have great hours. 7-2 pm and they even offer a 6-9. Really convenient
about 1500 for retrieval, transfer about 7000. Every monitoring appointment, cost varies, Medications are separate. Freezing of eggs 1500. light anesthesia 150
2020, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Lana Lipkin] is LGBTQ friendly and culturally competent. She is patient and a good listener. She considers my desires and opinions when creating her management plan. She clearly communicates her plan and strategy and is happy to answer all of my questions in detail...I have only completed 2 cycles with Dr. Lipkin. The first cycle she used Letrizole to gently stimulate my ovaries.
The clinic [New Hope Fertility Center] is well run, clean, organized, and good at communicating. The waiting room is inviting and has snacks and beverages and monitors that indicate when and where a patient is being called for blood/sono/financial/etc. I have found the staff to be 100% kind and compassionate and helpful.
How was your experience with Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
She is LGBTQ friendly and culturally competent. She is patient and a good listener. She considers my desires and opinions when creating her management plan. She clearly communicates her plan and strategy and is happy to answer all of my questions in detail.
Don't hesitate to tell her what is important to you because she will listen and take your priorities into consideration.
She is a fantastic listener, always willing to explain all the reasons behind her strategy and to answer all my questions.
I have only completed 2 cycles with Dr. Lipkin. The first cycle she used Letrizole to gently stimulate my ovaries. I produced 4 follicles. After and ovidril trigger, all four were retrieved. Only two were immediately mature enough to have ICSI. The remaining 2 were cultured until they were mature enough and also had ICSI. Only one made it to blastocyst (rated: 312). That single blastocyst was transferred and did not end in pregnancy. The second cycle was again with Letrizole stimulation. I only produced 2 follicles and began to have an LH surge on my own. She monitored my LH (but did not trigger me). They were able to retrieve both eggs and only one reached blastocyst (rated: 411). This blastocyst we decided to freeze due to the stress of Covid-19 (I am an essential worker) and in order give my ovaries a break before attempting to stimulate them again in 1mo in hopes of getting another blastocyst for transfer.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The entire staff at New Hope is kind, welcoming, and compassionate.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is well run, clean, organized, and good at communicating. The waiting room is inviting and has snacks and beverages and monitors that indicate when and where a patient is being called for blood/sono/financial/etc. I have found the staff to be 100% kind and compassionate and helpful.
Well oiled machine. They offer early hours which allowed me to monitor without missing any work. They move people through in a timely and respectful manner.
Our insurance doesn't cover our fertility treatments but New Hope has significantly reduced prices for patients paying out of pocket. We have been pleasantly surprised by the cost and expected it to be almost twice the cost.
Dr. Lipkin and I both decided that it would be best to only transfer one embryo at a time. I typically am unable to produce more than one egg that reaches blastocyst anyway.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
There was a single email from a nurse with my trigger and retrieval time that had a typo in the hour in one portion of the email but was correct in another portion. I emailed back to clarify and got a prompt response with an apology for the error and the corrected/consistent trigger & retrieval time.
New Hope Fertility Center
He [Dr. Zhang] seems to be a very knowledgeable doctor and I really love the fact that he is using the Mini IVF and doesn’t feed the patient a lot of medication. Unfortunately I didn’t get to talk to him a lot and can’t say if he was behind my treatment or somebody else even if he was in Charge of my case...[he]is so busy and has so many patients that he doesn’t have time to even talk to you he is there for the initial consult and after that you are only dealing with nurses
Even the nurses [at New Hope Fertility Center] are very busy so is hard to communicate trough them with a doctor. If you go to the clinic or write an email on the portal almost each time it is a different nurse who will answer or some times two of them will answer with different responses...$500 for first appointment. Retrieval process plus frozen egg transfer plus monitoring plus pgt testing for 2 embryos cost me more than $12 000.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
He seems to be a very knowledgeable doctor and I really love the fact that he is using the Mini IVF and doesn’t feed the patient a lot of medication. Unfortunately I didn’t get to talk to him a lot and can’t say if he was behind my treatment or somebody else even if he was in Charge of my case.
If you have other medical problems find doctors to take care of them or monitor you for them because at NH they only check the blood work that are at interest to them not other things that can be related to your fertility issues. Not testing your thyroid hormones or things like that and rose could be very important in your journey.
Doctor is so busy and has so many patients that he doesn’t have time to even talk to you he is there for the initial consult and after that you are only dealing with nurses. If he does make time to talk to you it will be on the hallway for 5 min. I don’t think he even has time to review your chart and lives that to God knows who. You’ll never know who takes care of your case you’re just told what to do and that’s it. You can’t trust the treatment or ask questions because you do not know who to ask since your doctor is not available and every time you are talking to a different nurse or different doctor.
He used a Mini IVF for 5 days :Clomid, Letrozole, Follistim and other 2 days of Letrozole and Follistim then retrieval. For transfer I was doing Progesterone Estrogen, Lovenox and Prednisone. Stimulation was minimal and still got 2 good embryos.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The majority of the nurses do not speak very good English and is hard to communicate with them. Even the nurses are very busy so is hard to communicate trough them with a doctor. If you go to the clinic or write an email on the portal almost each time it is a different nurse who will answer or some times two of them will answer with different responses.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is very busy so don’t expect for somebody to look closely at your case. They are just looking at your blood work and ultrasound and not any other impact of other disease that you might have. They have a very good embryology they even have a way to mature your eggs if they weren’t when they did the retrieval. Retrieval doctors and transfer doctors were very delicate and I did not need sedation. Be careful with what you pay and keep the receipts. From time to time ask for statements Otherwise they might surprise you with extra bills. Communication is very poor between doctors, nurses and patients. Very hard to get some answers because is hard to get to someone who listens to what you have to say and have the power to do something about it. Technicians sometimes will give you their opinion which is different from the doctors opinion so you will be put in doubt. You’ll never know if what is going on is good or bad you’ll just go with the wave... If I would have had Dr Zhang taking care of me and communicating with me all the time I would have been very pleased because I really trust that he could make a difference for me but since he didn’t and had to deal each time with a different person I am really confused with this clinic and not satisfied with the results as well.
Monitoring was ok they have 6 rooms for that. Some ultrasound equipment is better than other.
New Hope Fertility Center
Dr. Olcha made the entire process very simple. His expertise, professionalism and personal manner made it very easy for me and my husband. We were more than happy with every detail of the process. The entire experience seemed so simple yet personal. Never did we have any doubt on anything as Dr. Olcha was very good in explaining everything... made sure I didn’t need too much IVF injections and was monitored on a daily basis. Once my eggs were at a good size; in one simple procedure he was able to retrieve 26 eggs! And 8 embryos were then then frozen. We also did genetics testing as we hoped our first born be a boy along with checking for diseases. The entire process was well communicated at all times. In my next cycle he performed our chosen embryo transfer. Everything went very well and I am now 9 weeks pregnant thanks to Dr. Olcha!
The nursing staff [at New Hope Fertility Center] are a great reflection on the clinic. Each and every nurse are super nice and attentive. Any time I had the most simply question they were are very helpful. My emails would also be responded to in a timely manner. I must say the nurses are a great contribution to the clinic and the great work that takes place there. Well done! I will miss seeing your familiar faces!
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Please pick him as your primary doctor. He is simply the best! If I needed fertility treatment again: he is my number 1 option!
Dr Olcha has been an amazing doctor for me and my husband. From our very first meeting up to gratulating with babe at week 9 he has been thorough in every detail. We have always felt very comfortable with him and so happy we decided to have him as our primary doctor. Every step he been a breeze for us due to his calm, professional and very approachable manner. Without him we would not be where we are today. I would definitely recommend him to those many couples who are struggling with fertility. Thank you!
Dr. Olcha made sure I didn’t need too much IVF injections and was monitored on a daily basis. Once my eggs were at a good size; in one simple procedure he was able to retrieve 26 eggs! And 8 embryos were then then frozen. We also did genetics testing as we hoped our first born be a boy along with checking for diseases. The entire process was well communicated at all times. In my next cycle he performed our chosen embryo transfer. Everything went very well and I am now 9 weeks pregnant thanks to Dr. Olcha!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nursing staff are a great reflection on the clinic. Each and every nurse are super nice and attentive. Any time I had the most simply question they were are very helpful. My emails would also be responded to in a timely manner. I must say the nurses are a great contribution to the clinic and the great work that takes place there. Well done! I will miss seeing your familiar faces!
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Everything in the clinic is amazing, from the doctors, nurses, staff, waiting area, soft music in the back ground and even the light scent in the air makes coming to this clinic very easy. I have always felt very comfortable coming to this clinic and enjoyed every visit. Also knowing they have teh bat staff and technology I never had a moments doubt that our treatment here would be successful.
All the nurses and staff were super nice and very friendly. They always remembered me and made feel comfortable. Thank you! I will miss seeing you.
Costs were very good and way within budget. We were very happy.
2016 - 2020, Unknown Success
I've seen Dr. Zhang twice. The first time I saw him I thought his bedside manner was terrible. He spoke more to my male partner than to me, and the fertility issues are related to me...If you're looking for someone who is going to spend a lot of time with you, Dr. Zhang probably isn't that doctor. That doesn't mean I felt neglected just that a lot happens in the background and not at your appointment.
Egg retrieval was $1,500 and anesthesia for it $650 if you want anything beyond local. I opted just for local to keep the cost down...New Hope is a high volume clinic. The first time I went it was really overwhelming and felt like being on an assembly line in a factory. Now that I've gone and completed a cycle I actually kind of like the process. I've been to smaller clinics that have their strengths and you feel like less of a number but New Hope is so efficient that it makes up for the smaller more personalized feel of a small clinic.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Zhang is very busy. New Hope is a busy practice and he seems to have a lot on his plate. When I first saw him, I didn't love his bedside manner. I didn't feel like he was talking to me as a person. I was young and really struggling, I'm not saying I wanted things sugarcoated but I wanted to feel like someone could help me and I didn't feel like he was listening to my concerns. I came back four years later during COVID-19 and his bedside manner was a lot improved and I felt like he was listening.
I've seen Dr. Zhang twice. The first time I saw him I thought his bedside manner was terrible. He spoke more to my male partner than to me, and the fertility issues are related to me. It was one of my first interactions in the fertility space and I was very young and so I decided to get another opinion. I came back to the clinic in 2020 because they are one of the only clinics practicing during the COVID-19 outbreak. I had a failed egg retrieval, one follicle no egg and was devastated . Zhang was very kind and willing to continue to work with me, almost like an entirely different doctor than the one I had met four years earlier. Even then though, I haven't really gotten more than 10 minutes of his time. It's a very busy practice.
I used femara and then had an egg retrieval with nothing else. Nothing was able to be retrieved from the follicle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
New Hope is a high volume clinic and so you have to be organized to handle all of those cases. The staff replies to messages quickly and provides detailed instructions. I also really like the ultrasound tech who usually does my scans.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
You get a window when you can come for monitoring. I liked that I had an option beyond be here at the crack of dawn. The clinic has screens that tell you where to go (blood, ultrasound, etc). It does feel a bit like being on an assembly line but after going to clinics that are less organized, I've grown to like it.
My insurance covers appointments and monitoring. Egg retrieval was $1,500 and anesthesia for it $650 if you want anything beyond local. I opted just for local to keep the cost down.
New Hope Fertility Center

She [Dr. Makarov] was nice, but I always felt I was bothering her by asking questions because she looked so exhausted and doesn't seem very invested in my success. I was given minimum information and always felt insecure with my very first fertility treatment. After I moved to another clinic I realized she was not a good doctor for me to work with...
They [nurse of New Hope Fertility Center] made me go through blood test and ultrasound when I didn't need them, because I wasn't on my cycle. I asked them several times to make sure if I had to take the blood out and pay for it, as one of the nurses said I didn't need to, but they made me go through it anyway and billed me later. What was worse was that they lost the sample and I didn't hear back the result. I hope it didn't get misplaced by someone else's.
She was nice, but I always felt I was bothering her by asking questions because she looked so exhausted and doesn't seem very invested in my success. I was given minimum information and always felt insecure with my very first fertility treatment. After I moved to another clinic I realized she was not a good doctor for me to work with.
She will give you minimum information so be ready to become your own advocate and do your research to ask questions
She didn't seem very invested in patients' success. She always looked tired.
IUI with clomid
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Oksana)
She was a sweet person, but the operation was a mess.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
They have many options of IVF but I'm not sure if that was really for us patients. They might just want us to spend money. You don't have any privacy as your name is displayed on the big TV monitors on the wall.
IUI was for 2000 and my insurance didn't cover any of it. There was unexpected bills to given on the day of procedure as a surprise. I really don't recommend this clinic.
Not sure.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
They made me go through blood test and ultrasound when I didn't need them, because I wasn't on my cycle. I asked them several times to make sure if I had to take the blood out and pay for it, as one of the nurses said I didn't need to, but they made me go through it anyway and billed me later. What was worse was that they lost the sample and I didn't hear back the result. I hope it didn't get misplaced by someone else's.
New Hope Fertility Center
I had three cycles, the medications were slightly altered each time [by Dr. Meir Olcha] and I had an extra day of stimulation with each cycle...saw me at most of my monitoring appointments to give me an update on my progress. Dr. Olcha also gave me a call after every retrieval which was nice...He was also very honest about my results and what I can expect in the future...I ended up completing 3 cycles of egg freezing and each time he adjusted my medication regimen which resulted in more eggs.
I had three cycles [at New Hope Fertility Center], the medications were slightly altered each time and I had an extra day of stimulation with each cycle...The nursing staff was very kind, professional and had great communication skills...I did not have to go as often as some of my friends who went to other clinics. When I did go it was fast and efficient...I did three cycles which was $7,500 this did not cover anesthesia or medicine. Some offices I consulted at wanted to charge $9,200 just for one cycle.
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Olcha was extremely kind and professional. I ended up completing 3 cycles of egg freezing and each time he adjusted my medication regimen which resulted in more eggs. He was also very honest about my results and what I can expect in the future.
You are in good hands. It was a much easier process than anticipated.
Everyone at the office was very kind and professional. Dr. Olcha or one of the other doctors saw me at most of my monitoring appointments to give me an update on my progress. Dr. Olcha also gave me a call after every retrieval which was nice.
I had three cycles, the medications were slightly altered each time and I had an extra day of stimulation with each cycle.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
They have early hours which is good for someone who works. I was normally there for 30-40 minutes for monitoring which isn’t bad. They are open 7 days a week. The staff is very professional and efficient. The price for egg freezing was also a fraction of what other facilities were charging.
New Hope Fertility Center

I just found her [Dr. Lipkin] honest, but hopeful approach work for me. As an older hopeful mother to be she has made these cycle easier to take with better results then my previous doctor. It was about egg quality and not quantity...She uses leas medication and more natural cycle cues...She was direct but kind and kept it realistic but hopefull.
The majority of nurses [at New Hope Fertility Center] were compassionate and attentive. There were some that made me feel I was just a number, but that was not the norm...They are not aggressive and believe it take one quality egg to get a positive result. It also worked out for me that they had a satellite office on Long Island. This help as we go through a cycle during Covid.
How was your experience with Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
I just found her honest, but hopeful approach work for me. As an older hopeful mother to be she has made these cycle easier to take with better results then my previous doctor. It was about egg quality and not quantity.
Ask your questions. She is honest and works with you.
She was direct but kind and kept it realistic but hopefull.
She uses leas medication and more natural cycle cues. She beloved in quality versus quantity.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The majority of nurses were compassionate and attentive. There were some that made me feel I was just a number, but that was not the norm.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
They work with you, especially as an older potential mom. They are not aggressive and believe it take one quality egg to get a positive result. It also worked out for me that they had a satellite office on Long Island. This help as we go through a cycle during Covid.
It was efficient and went fairly smoothly.
Prices were al Le carte. Which at times were a benefit.
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr Liu was informative and always available. He communicated well and always provided all information and explained everything very well. He did my egg retrieval, I got 8 and 5 made it to day 5. We did genetic testing and only 1 was good. We transferred it and I got pregnant...He was caring and explained everything. He was very informative and always remembered my name.
My insurance covered part of it. I paid $6000...The only thing I will mention is that u always speak to different nurses [at New Hope Fertility Center]. If you are the type that needs consistency then this may not be the place since it's always different nurses. But let me say they always were very knowledgeable and I didn't see this as a negative but some people may..
How was your experience with Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
So knowledgeable. They would always respond to my emails quickly.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The only thing I will mention is that u always speak to different nurses. If you are the type that needs consistency then this may not be the place since it's always different nurses. But let me say they always were very knowledgeable and I didn't see this as a negative but some people may.
Well oiled machine
Describe the costs associated with your care under Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center.
My insurance covered part of it. I paid $6000