6.2
6.2

4 Columbus Circle

2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Olcha is very communicative and you can reach him with a simple email. He makes it a point to meet with you after procedures. My medication changed and he called me on his day off to explain why he wanted to change things around. He's compassionate and very thorough. At our initial consultation he even told us an ideal diet you should have when trying to conceive...
[New Hope Fertility Center] clinic doesnt push all the normal medications if you dont want them. They offer a variety of IVF treatments including a natural IVF which is no stimulating drugs and just a trigger shot to release the egg for retrieval. I was drawn to this practice because they focus on one good quality egg and not the amount of eggs...[cost]about 1500 for retrieval, transfer about 7000. Every monitoring appointment, cost varies
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr Olcha is very communicative and you can reach him with a simple email. He makes it a point to meet with you after procedures. My medication changed and he called me on his day off to explain why he wanted to change things around. He's compassionate and very thorough. At our initial consultation he even told us an ideal diet you should have when trying to conceive. He was the first doctor to mention that and educate me, with all the other doctors I did a ton of research and found out all of this info.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Stay positive!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
He is extremely considerate and even called to talk to me on his day off.
Describe the protocols Meir Olcha used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Clomid 2x a day and Letrozole 1x a day. Stopped Letrozole and then stopped Clomid because FSH was rising too high. I did a mini ivf which Dr Olcha thought was a good way to go because sometimes many places use too many drugs and that could harm the egg/embryo. I received 2 eggs, when in the retrieval he actually had one retrieved that was 10 mm (which Ive never heard of, usually they only will retrieve if theyre 18mm). The egg matured and was fertilized but sadly by day 3 failed to grow. I am now on birth control to hopefully get my hormones more balanced for the next try.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nursing staff is great. They seem very positive and on point.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
This clinic doesnt push all the normal medications if you dont want them. They offer a variety of IVF treatments including a natural IVF which is no stimulating drugs and just a trigger shot to release the egg for retrieval. I was drawn to this practice because they focus on one good quality egg and not the amount of eggs. They even offer an At Home IVF, which during these times is such a great offering!
Monitoring appointments have great hours. 7-2 pm and they even offer a 6-9. Really convenient
Describe the costs associated with your care under Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center.
about 1500 for retrieval, transfer about 7000. Every monitoring appointment, cost varies, Medications are separate. Freezing of eggs 1500. light anesthesia 150
2016 - 2020, Unknown Success
I've seen Dr. Zhang twice. The first time I saw him I thought his bedside manner was terrible. He spoke more to my male partner than to me, and the fertility issues are related to me...If you're looking for someone who is going to spend a lot of time with you, Dr. Zhang probably isn't that doctor. That doesn't mean I felt neglected just that a lot happens in the background and not at your appointment.
Egg retrieval was $1,500 and anesthesia for it $650 if you want anything beyond local. I opted just for local to keep the cost down...New Hope is a high volume clinic. The first time I went it was really overwhelming and felt like being on an assembly line in a factory. Now that I've gone and completed a cycle I actually kind of like the process. I've been to smaller clinics that have their strengths and you feel like less of a number but New Hope is so efficient that it makes up for the smaller more personalized feel of a small clinic.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Zhang is very busy. New Hope is a busy practice and he seems to have a lot on his plate. When I first saw him, I didn't love his bedside manner. I didn't feel like he was talking to me as a person. I was young and really struggling, I'm not saying I wanted things sugarcoated but I wanted to feel like someone could help me and I didn't feel like he was listening to my concerns. I came back four years later during COVID-19 and his bedside manner was a lot improved and I felt like he was listening.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
I've seen Dr. Zhang twice. The first time I saw him I thought his bedside manner was terrible. He spoke more to my male partner than to me, and the fertility issues are related to me. It was one of my first interactions in the fertility space and I was very young and so I decided to get another opinion. I came back to the clinic in 2020 because they are one of the only clinics practicing during the COVID-19 outbreak. I had a failed egg retrieval, one follicle no egg and was devastated . Zhang was very kind and willing to continue to work with me, almost like an entirely different doctor than the one I had met four years earlier. Even then though, I haven't really gotten more than 10 minutes of his time. It's a very busy practice.
Describe the protocols John Zhang used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I used femara and then had an egg retrieval with nothing else. Nothing was able to be retrieved from the follicle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
New Hope is a high volume clinic and so you have to be organized to handle all of those cases. The staff replies to messages quickly and provides detailed instructions. I also really like the ultrasound tech who usually does my scans.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
You get a window when you can come for monitoring. I liked that I had an option beyond be here at the crack of dawn. The clinic has screens that tell you where to go (blood, ultrasound, etc). It does feel a bit like being on an assembly line but after going to clinics that are less organized, I've grown to like it.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center.
My insurance covers appointments and monitoring. Egg retrieval was $1,500 and anesthesia for it $650 if you want anything beyond local. I opted just for local to keep the cost down.
New Hope Fertility Center

She [Dr. Makarov] was nice, but I always felt I was bothering her by asking questions because she looked so exhausted and doesn't seem very invested in my success. I was given minimum information and always felt insecure with my very first fertility treatment. After I moved to another clinic I realized she was not a good doctor for me to work with...
They [nurse of New Hope Fertility Center] made me go through blood test and ultrasound when I didn't need them, because I wasn't on my cycle. I asked them several times to make sure if I had to take the blood out and pay for it, as one of the nurses said I didn't need to, but they made me go through it anyway and billed me later. What was worse was that they lost the sample and I didn't hear back the result. I hope it didn't get misplaced by someone else's.
How was your experience with Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center?
She was nice, but I always felt I was bothering her by asking questions because she looked so exhausted and doesn't seem very invested in my success. I was given minimum information and always felt insecure with my very first fertility treatment. After I moved to another clinic I realized she was not a good doctor for me to work with.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center?
She will give you minimum information so be ready to become your own advocate and do your research to ask questions
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center?
She didn't seem very invested in patients' success. She always looked tired.
Describe the protocols Jennifer Kulp Makarov used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
IUI with clomid
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Oksana)
She was a sweet person, but the operation was a mess.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
They have many options of IVF but I'm not sure if that was really for us patients. They might just want us to spend money. You don't have any privacy as your name is displayed on the big TV monitors on the wall.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center.
IUI was for 2000 and my insurance didn't cover any of it. There was unexpected bills to given on the day of procedure as a surprise. I really don't recommend this clinic.
Describe Jennifer Kulp Makarov's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
Not sure.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
They made me go through blood test and ultrasound when I didn't need them, because I wasn't on my cycle. I asked them several times to make sure if I had to take the blood out and pay for it, as one of the nurses said I didn't need to, but they made me go through it anyway and billed me later. What was worse was that they lost the sample and I didn't hear back the result. I hope it didn't get misplaced by someone else's.
New Hope Fertility Center
I had three cycles, the medications were slightly altered each time [by Dr. Meir Olcha] and I had an extra day of stimulation with each cycle...saw me at most of my monitoring appointments to give me an update on my progress. Dr. Olcha also gave me a call after every retrieval which was nice...He was also very honest about my results and what I can expect in the future...I ended up completing 3 cycles of egg freezing and each time he adjusted my medication regimen which resulted in more eggs.
I had three cycles [at New Hope Fertility Center], the medications were slightly altered each time and I had an extra day of stimulation with each cycle...The nursing staff was very kind, professional and had great communication skills...I did not have to go as often as some of my friends who went to other clinics. When I did go it was fast and efficient...I did three cycles which was $7,500 this did not cover anesthesia or medicine. Some offices I consulted at wanted to charge $9,200 just for one cycle.
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Olcha was extremely kind and professional. I ended up completing 3 cycles of egg freezing and each time he adjusted my medication regimen which resulted in more eggs. He was also very honest about my results and what I can expect in the future.
You are in good hands. It was a much easier process than anticipated.
Everyone at the office was very kind and professional. Dr. Olcha or one of the other doctors saw me at most of my monitoring appointments to give me an update on my progress. Dr. Olcha also gave me a call after every retrieval which was nice.
I had three cycles, the medications were slightly altered each time and I had an extra day of stimulation with each cycle.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
They have early hours which is good for someone who works. I was normally there for 30-40 minutes for monitoring which isn’t bad. They are open 7 days a week. The staff is very professional and efficient. The price for egg freezing was also a fraction of what other facilities were charging.
New Hope Fertility Center

I just found her [Dr. Lipkin] honest, but hopeful approach work for me. As an older hopeful mother to be she has made these cycle easier to take with better results then my previous doctor. It was about egg quality and not quantity...She uses leas medication and more natural cycle cues...She was direct but kind and kept it realistic but hopefull.
The majority of nurses [at New Hope Fertility Center] were compassionate and attentive. There were some that made me feel I was just a number, but that was not the norm...They are not aggressive and believe it take one quality egg to get a positive result. It also worked out for me that they had a satellite office on Long Island. This help as we go through a cycle during Covid.
How was your experience with Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
I just found her honest, but hopeful approach work for me. As an older hopeful mother to be she has made these cycle easier to take with better results then my previous doctor. It was about egg quality and not quantity.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
Ask your questions. She is honest and works with you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
She was direct but kind and kept it realistic but hopefull.
Describe the protocols Lana Lipkin used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
She uses leas medication and more natural cycle cues. She beloved in quality versus quantity.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The majority of nurses were compassionate and attentive. There were some that made me feel I was just a number, but that was not the norm.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
They work with you, especially as an older potential mom. They are not aggressive and believe it take one quality egg to get a positive result. It also worked out for me that they had a satellite office on Long Island. This help as we go through a cycle during Covid.
It was efficient and went fairly smoothly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center.
Prices were al Le carte. Which at times were a benefit.
Lana Lipkin
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr Liu was informative and always available. He communicated well and always provided all information and explained everything very well. He did my egg retrieval, I got 8 and 5 made it to day 5. We did genetic testing and only 1 was good. We transferred it and I got pregnant...He was caring and explained everything. He was very informative and always remembered my name.
My insurance covered part of it. I paid $6000...The only thing I will mention is that u always speak to different nurses [at New Hope Fertility Center]. If you are the type that needs consistency then this may not be the place since it's always different nurses. But let me say they always were very knowledgeable and I didn't see this as a negative but some people may..
How was your experience with Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
So knowledgeable. They would always respond to my emails quickly.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The only thing I will mention is that u always speak to different nurses. If you are the type that needs consistency then this may not be the place since it's always different nurses. But let me say they always were very knowledgeable and I didn't see this as a negative but some people may.
Well oiled machine
Describe the costs associated with your care under Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center.
My insurance covered part of it. I paid $6000
Zitao Liu
New Hope Fertility Center
My concerns were always addressed [with Dr. John Zhang]...The doctor was very informative. The doctor was very caring...I always knew what was going on with my cycle...Very honest with the outcome of our cycle...My husband was diagnosed with male factor infertility. Semen analysis were performed at the clinic the same day. Sperm retrieval procedure was done and sperm were frozen. I then did mini ivf. Minimal pills and injections followed by an egg retrieval. 14 embryos were created. One successful embryo transfer.
My husband was diagnosed with male factor infertility. Semen analysis were performed at the clinic [New Hope Fertility Center] the same day. Sperm retrieval procedure was done and sperm were frozen. I then did mini ivf. Minimal pills and injections followed by an egg retrieval. 14 embryos were created. One successful embryo transfer...Nursing staff work really well and extremely fast. I always received an email with instructions promptly.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
John Zhang was extremely informative. I always knew what was going on with my cycle. I had an amazing experience with this clinic. John Zhang was a very caring doctor. Very honest with the outcome of our cycle.
Go in with questions you have concerting your cycle.
My concerns were always addressed. The doctor was very informative. The doctor was very caring.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is very clean and very calming environment. Staff are amazing. I always received important information regarding my cycle within hours of leaving the clinic. I always felt comfortable going to the clinic.
New Hope Fertility Center
It's hard to assess the doctor [Dr. Jennifer Kulp Makarov] because so many things have gone wrong but it's unclear if they were her fault or caused by bad communication and poor planning by the practice. There have been times where we've felt jerked around, unprepared, and misled. Throughout it all she has been kind and caring but our confidence has eroded...You have to be your own advocate. They routinely give contradictory information, give you urgent instructions to take medication they haven't bothered to prescribe, and leave you teetering on the brink of messing up each cycle.
It was totally unpredictable whether you'd wait for 10 minutes or 30 [at New Hope Fertility Center]...You have to be your own advocate. They routinely give contradictory information, give you urgent instructions to take medication they haven't bothered to prescribe, and leave you teetering on the brink of messing up each cycle...It's hard to assess the doctor because so many things have gone wrong but it's unclear if they were her fault or caused by bad communication and poor planning by the practice. There have been times where we've felt jerked around, unprepared, and misled. Throughout it all she has been kind and caring but our confidence has eroded.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
It was totally unpredictable whether you'd wait for 10 minutes or 30.
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr. Olcha was very kind and was always available whenever I had a question or concern...He showed such great bedside manner and was always available without hesitation and never seemed annoyed or in a rush. He took the time out to fully explain the IVF process to myself and my husband. He called me periodically just to check in and see how I was feeling which was icing on the cake. He was very good at giving rational unbiased explanations of what to realistically expect and any risks involved. I firmly believe he is not the type of doctor that will tell you what you want to hear so they can make money off of you. He is v
[The nurses at New Hope Fertility Center had a] Fast response time, pleasant demeanor and always updated me on my blood results the same day...Total cost of my IVF cycle was around $10,000...the one thing I like the most about this clinic is that payment is not due upfront and you pay per service rendered which made it easier for my husband and I to plan accordingly and spread out the payments
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
The difference between Dr. Olcha and my previous fertility doctor was night and day. He showed such great bedside manner and was always available without hesitation and never seemed annoyed or in a rush. He took the time out to fully explain the IVF process to myself and my husband. He called me periodically just to check in and see how I was feeling which was icing on the cake. He was very good at giving rational unbiased explanations of what to realistically expect and any risks involved. I firmly believe he is not the type of doctor that will tell you what you want to hear so they can make money off of you. He is very honest and trustworthy and just facilitated the whole experience for us and made it as smooth as possible. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!
Trust the process. All the appointments and money spent is 1000% worth it!
Oral ovarian stimulation meds plus injectables. I started out with the at home IVF kit but my ovaries were slow to respond so I needed an extra boost and was given follistim/gonal-f to move things along quicker. My trigger shot was the nasal spray which worked perfectly. After the egg retrieval I was out on Estrace (oral tablets) and prometrium (vaginal suppositories) to support my uterine lining for a fresh transfer.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic as a whole (long island office and Manhattan office) is super clean and well organized. Even during the covid-19 pandemic they still managed to treat patients the same and always had the appropriate level of PPE on.
Total cost of my IVF cycle was around $10,000 the one thing I like the most about this clinic is that payment is not due upfront and you pay per service rendered which made it easier for my husband and I to plan accordingly and spread out the payments
Describe Meir Olcha's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
My husband and I had our hearts set on transfer I g 2 embryos however Dr. Olcha didn’t recommend it based on my estrogen levels at the time of the egg retrieval and had a gentle talk with us about why he believed it would be safer to transfer one embryo due to my increased risk of OHSS once HCG levels start to rise in combination with my high estrogen level. We took his advice and couldn’t be happier!
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr. Merhi is a great doctor. He's energetic and interested in your journey. You can tell that he really loves his job and loves helping his patients. Most importantly, he is up-to-date on his knowledge. He answers all your questions, presents all the options, and gives you very individualized care. While waiting for my procedures, I met a few other patients as well who had great things to say about him. He gives you hope and backs it up with dedicated care.
This [New Hope Fertility Center] is a high volume clinic, which means the doctors have a lot of experience with treatment, and particularly with surgical procedures. The clinic is also very well run and efficient. Despite the large volume of patients, wait times are low and everything is taken care of in a very organized manner...he nursing staff was very efficient and made things flow smoothly. I received all medications and documents very quickly. They also had great bedside manner.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
You'll be in great hands with Dr. Merhi!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
New Hope is an extremely busy practice and that is a great thing. If you are going to have a doctor perform surgical procedures on you, you want to go to one who has a ton of experience. Despite the large volume, however, your results are always reviewed by a physician in a timely manner, and their physicians have a great bedside manner. I’ve been working with Dr. Merhi, and he will forever be one of my favorite people. He is positive and encouraging and fully attentive to your personal story. Anytime I spoke with him, he was well aware of each detail. You need to see a specialist who makes you feel heard and who will not give up on you and I always felt in good hands with Dr. Merhi. This is really a practice that promotes hope, and that is something so important for women who are struggling and thinking they may have to give up. If your doctor believes in you, then you can believe in yourself and know that it may be a long journey, but it WILL happen and your doctor will help you all along the way. Dr. Merhi individualized my care based on how things were progressing. He found my issue, fixed it, and now we are happily pregnant all thanks to him.
Describe the protocols Zaher Merhi used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I had done IUI 4 times with a previous specialist and had one pregnancy and subsequent miscarriage. With Dr. Merhi, I did both a low dose and high dose egg retrieval cycle to get enough eggs. We transferred two frozen embryos, both of which resulted in positive pregnancies which unfortunately ended very early. Dr. Merhi recommended a full hysteroscopy at that time and found a uterine septum which he fixed. We transferred another embryo after that and I am currently 4 months pregnant :)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nursing staff was very efficient and made things flow smoothly. I received all medications and documents very quickly. They also had great bedside manner.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
This is a high volume clinic, which means the doctors have a lot of experience with treatment, and particularly with surgical procedures. The clinic is also very well run and efficient. Despite the large volume of patients, wait times are low and everything is taken care of in a very organized manner.
Describe Zaher Merhi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
Dr. Merhi is not pushy at all. He did recommend transferring one embryo because it is safer. He was open to discussion. We ended up following his advice and now that we have a healthy single pregnancy, we are happy we listened.
New Hope Fertility Center

[Dr. Olcha is] Honest, straight to the point, has compassion, willing to listen to the pt's needs and willing adjust plan in a mutually respective manner. He also communicates with pts in a timely fashion r after each major lab results/procedure. He is open-minded, willing to use mosiac embryos when there is no other options. In addition, he will explain to you about the quality of embryos in order to assist you to make decisions before transfer.
[New Hope Fertility Center] Clinic is clean, location is good...They will communicate with you by email. Better ask questions in person or phone if you need clarification. I felt that the nurses are so busy. I understand that this is a very high volume clinic...I did 2 Mini IVF and 3 conventional IVF. Result in1 Grade A embryos, 4 mosiacs, and a 3 complex abnormal embryos.
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Try keep the conversation brief and straight to the point. Just like any fertility drs, New Hope MDs. are very busy running between the clinics, OR, phone calls, review labs. If you need to speak with them, best thing is to go early in the morning before 9AM.
When I almost turned 40 two years ago, I wanted another child. I did 5 IUIs then I switched to New Hope to do IVF immediately because New Hope accepts my insurance - I can save a little bit of money from the big cost of IVF. I did not know Dr. Olcha in the beginning but during my 3rd cycle monitoring, I met him at the bedside. Although it was brief, he explained my result in a different perspective. I felt that he was honest and straight to the point. I am a nurse for 15 years and my instinct told me that he can help me. After I did a bit of research, I switched to Dr. Olcha and it was the best decision that I made during the Covid Peak at NYC. I was busy working in the hospital which was in chaos, and continue IVF treatment without losing time. Dr. Olcha did not disappoint me, he updated my results in a timely manner. We also tweak the medication around attempted to make things happy. In May, I finally got a A Grade embryo and did the transfer last month. I am now 9 weeks preggy. After going to New Hope for more than 1 year, I almost cried when they gave me the farewell gift. It was bitter sweet and definitely not an easy journey. I am very thankful to all the staff at New Hope, especially to Dr. Olcha. I highly recommend Dr. Olcha as a fertility MD. As IVF takes its toll on our body mentally and physically, having a dr who is always on your side and look out for your benefit is crucial. I wish everyone the best in your IVF journey. Try to stay positive no matter what.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Overall nursing is pretty good. I like Vera in the PACU, she gave me TLC. Amanda was little bit mean.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Clinic is clean, location is good, i miss their coffee and snacks before covid time. They will communicate with you by email. Better ask questions in person or phone if you need clarification. I felt that the nurses are so busy. I understand that this is a very high volume clinic.
40-50K
1 transfer 2 mosiac embryos at one time, did not work. I also transferred 1 normal embryo, grade BC, did not work either. ( but it was my fault, i didn't not comply with the medication, i misread the label, it was confusing and I was careless)
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
They have a full-time female anesthesiologist, her iv insertion requires an additional injection of lidocaine before IV insertion. Its an additional needle stick and its not necessary if you have decent veins. I wish their male anesthesiologists were back. They had no problem getting my veins.
New Hope Fertility Center

13 eggs were retrieved and 7 of them made it to embryos [when cycling with Dr. Olcha]. I froze my embryos immediately and did genetic testing on my best 3. Once those results came out Dr. Olcha asked if I wanted to chose which embryo he implanted but I asked him to just use the best one. The embryo transfer was a breeze and two weeks later I went back in for a pregnancy blood test and Dr. Olcha called me that afternoon to let me know that I was pregnant!! Every week following for 3 weeks I went in for a sonogram then I moved to an OB. I am now 4 months pregnant with a healthy baby girl!! My remaining frozen embryos remain at a storage facility with New Hope.
Monitoring [at New Hope Fertility Center] was very easy and most of the time very quick. I would try and get there early, you check in and then wait for your name to be called on the screen- you’re in and out in under an hour...Costs were what I expected however it’s a pay as you go so the cost doesn’t hit you in one lump sum which would be a bit tricky for most. The most important thing I can say is that I knew exactly what costs would be before I did anything so nothing came as a surprise to me which was so helpful.
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
I’m a 34 yr old woman who was having a hard time getting pregnant. The first doctor I went to always made me feel like getting pregnant was this huge hurtle that I might get over.. but might not. After the first consultation I had with Dr. Olcha I left, got in my car, and cried because I felt like I FINALLY had a doctor who gave me the compassion I needed and slowly went over all my options and then he advised what he recommended. I did 4 IUI’s and then ultimately decided with Dr. Olcha IVF was the best next step. Every procedure I did I knew exactly what to expect and felt comfortable throughout the whole process. I am now 4 months pregnant and so happy!! I just wish Dr. Olcha could stay my OB!! It was sad to leave his care and I would recommend him (and already have) to anyone who is looking for fertility assistance.
Look no further you’re in good hands now
Dr. Olcha and the whole team at New Hope always we’re extremely patient with me and always took time to answer any questions or concerns I had during my fertility journey
I did 5 IUI rounds but only 4 IUI transfers (Dr. Olcha cancelled one round because I over stimulated on clomid). I didn’t get pregnant with any IUI rounds. Then we moved to IVF. I was on oral and injectable medication for 2 weeks and then we did my egg retrieval. 13 eggs were retrieved and 7 of them made it to embryos. I froze my embryos immediately and did genetic testing on my best 3. Once those results came out Dr. Olcha asked if I wanted to chose which embryo he implanted but I asked him to just use the best one. The embryo transfer was a breeze and two weeks later I went back in for a pregnancy blood test and Dr. Olcha called me that afternoon to let me know that I was pregnant!! Every week following for 3 weeks I went in for a sonogram then I moved to an OB. I am now 4 months pregnant with a healthy baby girl!! My remaining frozen embryos remain at a storage facility with New Hope.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nursing staff and technicians were amazing at New Hope! Always a smile on their face and answered any questions I had.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is very nice! The first time you go you head to the 3rd floor and it looks like a spa! Then you head up to the 4th floor (where you’ll be from here on out) as it’s where you’ll do all your blood work and procedures. There’s always hot coffee and some sort of cookie/biscuits out, calm music playing, and a beautiful view of Columbus Circle and Central Park. Not to mention it’s extremely clean!
Monitoring was very easy and most of the time very quick. I would try and get there early, you check in and then wait for your name to be called on the screen- you’re in and out in under an hour.
I wasn’t sure if I should do multiple or single embryo transfer... Dr. Olcha advised that because of my age and the fact I wasn’t looking to have twins that I should only do one. I am very happy I went with his advise!
New Hope Fertility Center

I thought the [New Hope Fertility Center] clinic was beautiful first time going in and that the staff were nice and made you feel comfortable. Having fertility issues is a strange and sometimes uncomfortable thing to accept and deal with and I feel new hope does a great job at being encouraging and honest. And no one looks at you weird.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
I feel Dr. Zhang knows his job and understand it and does it well. He enters the room occasionally during the sonogram to see how many eggs are growing and gives a brief overview of what might be next and says he will check blood work and send you home. I never felt any communication issues at all and I feel he is a busy man working with multiple women trying to help us all and he doesn’t show any way overwhelmed. Always seemed at ease and pleasant.
I don’t necessarily have advice but I would say Dr. Zhang is honest and whatever his concerns are he will make you aware of . One cycle I lost an egg day before trigger and we spoke and he gave me his recommendation to start over for the next month and that’s what we did. If there’s any advice I can give it would listen to him and take your time. Don’t rush the process because you want it now. If he says give it another month and start over then do it .
As a patient you understand that you are not the only one and that’s something we all should accept but I never felt like I was just a number. Dr.Zhang would communicate with me and let me know what’s going on even if brief and he did everything with compassion.
He wanted to make as many mature eggs and possible for retrieval and I appreciate that. I had trouble with losing eggs and some eggs not maturing and only two or three and sometimes only one growing enough. Dr. Zhang made sure to keep working on the eggs that were growing by continuing medication. Best decision ever and I appreciate that he cared enough to not do the retrieval with just one or two Mature eggs.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
They were all very pleasant and caring
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
I thought the clinic was beautiful first time going in and that the staff were nice and made you feel comfortable. Having fertility issues is a strange and sometimes uncomfortable thing to accept and deal with and I feel new hope does a great job at being encouraging and honest. And no one looks at you weird.
I enjoyed the monitoring appointments because it was fast and easy. Blood work first then sonogram.
It was exactly what they said it would be
2016 - 2020, Successful
The plan [with Dr. Merhi] was to use my own eggs w/ donor sperm...with Dr. Merhi, I began to feel supported and listened to. I began to realize I that if I brought more to the table (the right questions, etc.), he took the time with me, too, to explain things more clearly. When it came the for the egg retrievals, it was ONLY Dr. Merhi's that I felt ZERO pain. The other Dr.'s techniques, etc., I had a lot of pain during the procedures - no joke. After all the cycle efforts using my own eggs (always MY decision to make), I am the one who came to the hard realization that perhaps my eggs weren't viable. I took a break (mid-2017 to Fall 2019). When I returned to my efforts, I came in already knowing I was going to use a donor for eggs (& donor sperm). I o
Some of the blood drawers [at New Hope Fertility Center] weren't great (read: painful needle insertion!), and others - I felt nothing! Some of the sonogram technicians (NOT nurses) liked to pretend they really new a lot about medical needs/advice - which was not great for a "newbie" like me in the beginning of my journey...I received 2 conflicting emails from two different nurses. I wrote back immediately letting them know of the different info., and they got back to me right away with the corrected info...Sometimes - the billing dept. can be a bit cold and treat you like a number. I recommend taking care of billing stuff before the day of a major procedure (IUI, egg retrieval, IVF transfer, hysteroscopy, etc.). It can be a bit unnerving to deal with billing dept. the day of those emotional procedures. If your name com
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Any time I asked to see Dr. Merhi, I was scheduled in and able to do so. Only once was he not there and so his team scheduled a phone consult appt with him and he called the very next day. I specifically requested him to be the Dr. to perform my last/most recent IVF transfer with donor egg and sperm, and he made sure to schedule me with respect to his availability. He left no stone unturned to give me all the meds, scheduled appt.'s, consults, etc., to make sure we succeeded this time! I feel he took no issue with my age (47) and was 100% on my team with absolute assuredness we would succeed. If I had any questions, he would slowly spell everything out for me in a respectful way...even drawing pictures/charts for me in his office. We did succeed and he was genuinely SO happy for me!
Ask in the beginning what days Dr. Merhi is at the office location you prefer. He goes to two (I think) different locations every week. Be bold with requesting exactly what you need and ask every question you have! Make sure you ask to specifically meet with him. When you do monitoring during their daily hours (7am-12pm), I would get there on the earlier side if you hope to catch Dr. Merhi after your meetings with bloodwork/sonograms. It helps if you do your own research and have specific questions for him re: your own protocol and needs.
With Dr. Merhi, I felt listened to and respected. I felt he took the time (never rushing) with me to help me really understand every step. He helped me feel like no question was too "dumb" and he was very positive and encouraging. I read folks' energy very well and he was very sincere with me. He was not in it for the money and taking me for a ride. I felt supported and nurtured.
I started at New Hope FC in 2016! I met with whomever whenever they were available as I had no idea what I was doing nor what to expect. For a while, I felt I was just a number and on an assembly line. That is, until I met with Dr. Merhi. I started in 2016 with mini-IVF protocol. The plan was to use my own eggs w/ donor sperm. I'll skip the methods used by some of the Dr.'s & go right to Merhi. The meds used for cycles, etc., were pretty much the same w/ all Dr.'s I was using along the way. However, with Dr. Merhi, I began to feel supported and listened to. I began to realize I that if I brought more to the table (the right questions, etc.), he took the time with me, too, to explain things more clearly. When it came the for the egg retrievals, it was ONLY Dr. Merhi's that I felt ZERO pain. The other Dr.'s techniques, etc., I had a lot of pain during the procedures - no joke. After all the cycle efforts using my own eggs (always MY decision to make), I am the one who came to the hard realization that perhaps my eggs weren't viable. I took a break (mid-2017 to Fall 2019). When I returned to my efforts, I came in already knowing I was going to use a donor for eggs (& donor sperm). I only requested Dr. Merhi (after prior experiences w/ other Dr.'s there). Full disclosure: after the time away, new Dr.'s were there as well. I have NO idea how some of them are. I can only attest to my comparison of Dr. Merhi with about 4 others there. I ONLY worked with Dr. Merhi this time around. And - to GREAT SUCCESS!! I am pregnant...1st trimester almost over. :-)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
It took many, many visits to realize who my favorites were, honestly. Some of the blood drawers weren't great (read: painful needle insertion!), and others - I felt nothing! Some of the sonogram technicians (NOT nurses) liked to pretend they really new a lot about medical needs/advice - which was not great for a "newbie" like me in the beginning of my journey. Make sure you are talking to a NURSE when you have questions. Also - if you get the feeling the nurse does not know the answer, ASK for a meeting with Dr. Merhi! Also- Dr. Merhi has a specific nurse team! Ask for the Merhi-Nurse Team email for emails communications (merhisupport@...). I definitely had my favorite nurses there. Sometimes, the nurses' lines re: my specific protocol were crossed and I had to confirm something 2 or 3 times with DIFFERENT nurses before getting Dr. Merhi's actual correct answer. This was mostly through several email exchanges and strategically CC'ing different nurses. Never apologize for needing an answer if you feel you're not getting what you need. Call! Email! Again, some nurses are way more experienced and clearly-spoken than others. You'll start to realize as you go along. Never hesitate to ask for a meeting with Dr. Merhi if you really need.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
You can feel assured that the Dr.'s at this clinic all know the latest techniques and strategies for protocol for each person's needs. There's a chance you'll feel a bit like you are on an assembly line at first. I can't stress enough - make your voice heard! Ask questions, and if someone doesn't know the answer, make a consult appt. with your chosen Dr. there. In my case, I chose Dr. Merhi - hands down. Sometimes - the billing dept. can be a bit cold and treat you like a number. I recommend taking care of billing stuff before the day of a major procedure (IUI, egg retrieval, IVF transfer, hysteroscopy, etc.). It can be a bit unnerving to deal with billing dept. the day of those emotional procedures. If your name comes up to visit billing - hopefully it's not on a major procedure day. If you know you need to pay for something and a major procedure is coming, just be proactive about taking care of it early. They WILL call you in on a procedure day and make you pay before the retrieval/transfer. Feels a bit cold, I must say. But - it's not free after all. Just recommending you take care of it before the DAY OF. It really helps if you read their website re: all the different levels of IVF, etc., and then make your list of questions going in for the very first consultation with a Dr. of your choice. If you need to, meet with 3 or 4 different Dr.'s in the beginning to see who you gel with.
Monitoring hours are very convenient! It is a well-oiled machine. Hours are 7am-12noon. The sooner you arrive, the less time you'll wait. The longest I've waited was about 30 minutes. That was only because I went in closer to 11-12pm time. They are a well-oiled machine. Once you arrive and check-in, you're in line in the order you came.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center.
The billing dept. is VERY good/trustworthy at trying to submit everything to your insurance first. Depending on what your coverage is, the costs of all procedures, monitoring, etc., are comparable to most places. They are reasonable in relation to other places, depending on what you're having done. Not going to lie -- it's EXPENSIVE. But - I feel we're a special case: in the end, after several efforts using my own eggs w/ IUI donor sperm and IVF, we chose to also go with an egg donor. I mean - I could have put this child (the one I'm pregnant with as I type!) through its first two years of college! Some of the meds were covered by my insurance - not all of them. Some of the procedures were covered by insurance - not all of them.
I never talked about this with Dr. Merhi because my wife and I agreed that we'd only ever opt to have ONE embryo transferred at a time. We did not want to risk multiples. It was not ever a topic for Dr. Merhi and I.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
ONE time - only once - I received 2 conflicting emails from two different nurses. I wrote back immediately letting them know of the different info., and they got back to me right away with the corrected info.!
New Hope Fertility Center
Being Dr. Olcha's patient, I knew I was in capable hands. He is extremely optimistic and confident. I really appreciated how quickly he responded to emails, how he called me personally with results, and how he performed almost all of my procedures during my IUI/IVF journey. I would have liked more of an explanation on my different medications and options- like ICSI and Assisted Hatching, prior to my asking. Once I did ask, he went out of his way to explain in detail. Most importantly, he got me pregnant, like he promised!
The [New Hope Fertility Center] clinic is a well-run, well-oiled machine- clean, comfortable, and exuding confidence in what they are doing. Monitoring was extremely efficient, taking no more than 30 minutes. I appreciated how organized they were with screens to tell you where to go. When I had to go in for procedures, the waiting times were substantially longer. Sometimes the OR or the doctor performing the procedure would be running an hour or more behind the scheduled time. When my procedure was time sensitive, my procedure was pretty much on time, so they might prioritize patients who needed procedures at certain times.
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Come prepared with questions and don't hesitate to be persistent.
The entire time during my care with Dr. Olcha, he has always been warm, personable, and genuine. He was very thorough in explaining any procedures to me and was impeccable at communicating and answering any questions I have.
I went through one egg retrieval and two frozen transfers with Dr. Olcha. Because I was ovulating on my own, he had me do natural transfers each time. The first frozen transfer failed to implant. The second frozen transfer worked.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
I have met a lot of different nurses during my time at New Hope and they were all kind. They do not all respond efficiently, but most of them do. I received instructions a few hours after every visit and they always called back when I had questions.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is a well-run, well-oiled machine- clean, comfortable, and exuding confidence in what they are doing. Monitoring was extremely efficient, taking no more than 30 minutes. I appreciated how organized they were with screens to tell you where to go. When I had to go in for procedures, the waiting times were substantially longer. Sometimes the OR or the doctor performing the procedure would be running an hour or more behind the scheduled time. When my procedure was time sensitive, my procedure was pretty much on time, so they might prioritize patients who needed procedures at certain times.
Monitoring was a breeze- I just showed up at the office during monitoring times. There are screens that tell you when and what chair to report to for bloodwork, when and what room to go to for sonogram, and if you need to visit billing. I was able to go right around 7am and I would be done with monitoring usually in less than half an hour.
New Hope Fertility Center

I thought she [Dr. Jennifer Kulp Makarov] was direct and clear about what our options were and what our likelihood of success might be. She didn't volunteer information readily, but she answered our questions when we had them. She stayed consistently hopeful and encouraging, even though my numbers might not indicate a lot of cause for hope. She seemed pragmatic and efficient.
The offices [of New Hope Fertility Center] are spacious and centrally located. They seem to move through appointments efficiently and respectfully. I consistently had good experiences with the nurses and coordinators. They knew my name and were super encouraging...The clinic was very supportive and kind. They also weren't judgmental about my low numbers, which is an experience I'd had a previous clinic.
I thought she was direct and clear about what our options were and what our likelihood of success might be. She didn't volunteer information readily, but she answered our questions when we had them. She stayed consistently hopeful and encouraging, even though my numbers might not indicate a lot of cause for hope. She seemed pragmatic and efficient.
Come prepared with questions. She won't volunteer a lot of information if unprompted.
The nature of fertility clinics is such that you're never entirely treated like a human, but as much as possible under the circumstances Dr. Makarov was efficient and informative.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The offices are spacious and centrally located. They seem to move through appointments efficiently and respectfully. I consistently had good experiences with the nurses and coordinators. They knew my name and were super encouraging. We ultimately got pregnant after eight days of taking both Clomid and Letrozole (no retrieval, just conceiving on our own). The clinic was very supportive and kind. They also weren't judgmental about my low numbers, which is an experience I'd had a previous clinic.
We were doing "mini IVF" which ended up taking multiple cycles just to retrieve a small number of eggs. I thought I would prefer a less invasive approach, then full blown IVF, but in the end, because it required multiple retrievals, it ended up feeling pretty invasive anyhow.
New Hope Fertility Center
single embryo transfer [with Dr. Jennifer Kulp Makarov]...She is very friendly and always shows up with energetic smile. She is so humble and knows her patients...her strength: Shes precise, knowledgeable , very skilled , very friendly, humble, and so passionate about her job. She obviously knows her work and knows what she is doing. She is so quick to give details and handle the patient. She is never hesitant!...she used mini IVF treatment with minimum medications
It [New Hope Fertility Center] is very nice and welcoming clinic. It is so clean and set to have patients feel relaxed and comfortable. I like that they have easy to reach location with a nice view. They are in a very quiet and nice neighborhood...used mini IVF treatment with minimum medications...very organized, friendly and humble [nursing staff]...single embryo transfer [with Dr. Jennifer Kulp Makarov]...She is very friendly and always shows up with energetic smile. She is so humble a
To keep up the good job she is doing!
she used mini IVF treatment with minimum medications
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
very organized, friendly and humble
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
It is very nice and welcoming clinic. It is so clean and set to have patients feel relaxed and comfortable. I like that they have easy to reach location with a nice view. They are in a very quiet and nice neighborhood
it was normal costs
single embryo transfer
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr Olcha only performed the egg transfer and follow up post visits. He didn't not give me any meds other than progesterone and estradiol to help pregnancy...always made the time to see me during my visits and ask questions and answer my questions as well. He was the one who called me from the clinic to let me know I was pregnant which was a very nice personal touch to hear it from my doctor. He even called me on a Saturday his day off to check in on me the following week.
[The nurses at New Hope Fertility Center were] Always efficient, returned my calls and made sure to answer my questions...There was an issue with one of my embryos coming back after PGS testing as inconclusive. I had to insist the get the results but Dr Olcha stepped in and helped expedite the result so I could do the egg transfer with existing embryo from prior egg retrieval...My original doctor never took the time to perform my procedures or see me or speak to me after to inform me . I always had to follow up with him on my own. This was considered a weakness from my point of view
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr Olcha is a caring and excellent doctor. He took over my case after I requested to switch to him from another doctor at clinic. From the very beginning of his care, he made me feel comfortable, and confident in his ability to help me get pregnant. He took the time to give me the true one on one care I was hoping for during this treatment, and always made sure to take the time to answer all of my questions and ease my concerns. Even though he was only my doctor for a short period during the egg transfer and beyond, he made me feel like I had been seeing him for years and treated me like a long time friend. He was always easy to talk to and has a good sense of humor and bedside manner. He is exactly the kind of doctor I wanted to have when I decided to do fertility treatments, so much that I wish he could deliver my baby too! I highly recommend Dr Olcha.
Go into your fertility treatment with high hopes and never stop believing that with the right doctor your baby dreams can come true.
Dr ok ha always made the time to see me during my visits and ask questions and answer my questions as well. He was the one who called me from the clinic to let me know I was pregnant which was a very nice personal touch to hear it from my doctor. He even called me on a Saturday his day off to check in on me the following week.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Oksana?)
Always efficient, returned my calls and made sure to answer my questions
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
New Hope is a great fertility clinic. I got a good feeling the very first time I walked in. The facilities are impressive and were always full of patients which made me think they must be doing something right. My original doctor never took the time to perform my procedures or see me or speak to me after to inform me . I always had to follow up with him on my own. This was considered a weakness from my point of view
$15k
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr. Merhi used a mini-IVF protocol where I took clomid and letrozole and then Gonal-F injections for about one week. After that I took medication to prevent ovulation and then a trigger shot before the egg retrieval. For my frozen transfer I took estrogen and then progesterone in oil and progesterone suppositories...listened closely to our concerns from the beginning. After having 4 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVF Cycles at a different clinic, Dr. Merhi recognized my need for mini-IVF since the high doses of medication were potentially harming my eggs. I’m so lucky to have found Dr. Merhi.
Strengths [at New Hope Fertility Center]: Dr. Merhi is warm and caring and has a great sense of humor. He clearly communicated the protocol and reasoning behind it. He listened to my concerns he personally called me to answer my questions in a timely manner...Lise is the nurse in New Hope’s Long Island office. She is caring and compassionate and communicated with me via email and answered all my questions. She is the best!
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Merhi and the staff at New Hope were truly amazing. They explained everything clearly and tailored the protocol to meet my needs. I was more successful with their mini-IVF protocol than with my previous 2 cycles of conventional IVF. I would recommend them to anyone!
If you don’t understand something, call and speak to a nurse. They are very helpful!
Dr. Merhi listened closely to our concerns from the beginning. After having 4 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVF Cycles at a different clinic, Dr. Merhi recognized my need for mini-IVF since the high doses of medication were potentially harming my eggs. I’m so lucky to have found Dr. Merhi.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lise)
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strengths: Dr. Merhi is warm and caring and has a great sense of humor. He clearly communicated the protocol and reasoning behind it. He listened to my concerns he personally called me to answer my questions in a timely manner. I am convinced that I would not be pregnant right now if I did not find Dr. Merhi.
I went to monitoring appointments very early in the morning at both the Manhattan and Long Island offices. Manhattan office is very well run with large monitors telling you where to go for blood work and ultrasound. Manhattan office is much larger than Long Island but often more crowded.
My insurance covered a lot of it but I paid out of pocket for the ozone sauna therapy and the PRP procedure. I also had to pay about $2,000 for the egg retrieval and another $2,000 For transfer.
New Hope Fertility Center

Extremely thankful to have found Dr. Zhang. He is a pioneer and truly cares for his patients and does not look down on people. Truly wonderful experience. I wish I went sooner. I was hesitant to visit a doctor in the city because of the snobby attitudes, but was completely surprised by [him]...He was delicate in his words and was optimistic and honest
[New Hope monitoring appointments are] Very efficient and well run. I didn't have to do much, just show up. The phlebotomist knew exactly what test to run the blood for and the whole appointment was very quick...The waiting area is very comforting. They used a very smart system where by you see your name on a screen and it directs you where to go. I have never seen this at a doctor's before, and it's absolutely brilliant. It's much nicer than hearing nurses scream every second, not to mention more efficient. The whole facility is very organized and clean.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Extremely thankful to have found Dr. Zhang. He is a pioneer and truly cares for his patients and does not look down on people. Truly wonderful experience. I wish I went sooner. I was hesitant to visit a doctor in the city because of the snobby attitudes, but was completely surprised by Dr. Zhang.
Don't wait, fertility is fragile.
Very kind and helpful. He was delicate in his words and was optimistic and honest. He was not pretentious or acted as if he was better or smarter than me. Excellent physician and human.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Very helpful, kind, gentle, and understanding.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The whole center is made with the idea to have patients feel calm and relaxed. As you enter, you see relaxing plants everywhere, relaxing music, and light colored walls. The waiting area is very comforting. They used a very smart system where by you see your name on a screen and it directs you where to go. I have never seen this at a doctor's before, and it's absolutely brilliant. It's much nicer than hearing nurses scream every second, not to mention more efficient. The whole facility is very organized and clean. The whole flow of the clinic works perfectly well. You don't have to wait long to be called. The phlebotomist are so gentle and they don't treat you different or negatively if you are afraid of needles. I felt pretty much no judgment, just kindness throughout the employees. This was very strange as I expected it to be filled with rough employees with attitude since it is nyc. But I was very pleasantly surprised. The staff is really well trained and respectful. I cannot think of any weaknesses.
3-4k for egg freezing
New Hope Fertility Center
[Dr. Zaher Merhi is] Honest, compassionate and very knowledgeable about his expertise. I never would have believed him if he told me I will get you pregnant but he did and was extremely gentle with the whole procedure. He’s wonderful at his job...I was in lutueal phase cycle when my eggs were retrieved because my first attempt was not successful. During the luteual phase cycle two eggs were retrieved and one genetically tested embryo day 6 blastocyst...I was not informed of some procedures but the doctor said he would take care of it for me.
All the nurses who [at New Hope Fertility Center] were very understanding and compassionate...I was not informed of some procedures but the doctor said he would take care of it for me...They have very updated resources than conventional...The only negative thing I can say is the employees having clear communication between all parties patients and within their environment...I was in lutueal phase cycle when my eggs were retrieved because my first attempt was not successful. During the luteual phase cycle two eggs were retrieved and one genetically tested embryo day 6 blastocyst was transferred on January 20, I’m 7 weeks pregnant and extremely grateful with outcome.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Have faith in your doctor and follow what he tells you and trust the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Samantha Brown)
All the nurses who work were very understanding and compassionate
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Use new Hope fertility clinic their approach and their protocol I feel it makes alot more sense as far as the alternative choices that you have. I’m very pleased with my options. They have very updated resources than conventional
No we did not have elective single embryo. My request was implant the healthiest embryo for implantation

2017 - 2020, Successful
Both my pregnancy were singleton single embryo transfer [with Dr. Zitao Liu]...He is very knowledgeable and understand every person different based on their situation...Very patient and when doing Egg retrieval he focus on retrieving max numbers. Also when transferring the embryos he is very delicate and ensures its placed in best position to implant...Natural cycle before transferring the embryo. Then taking Estrance and progesterone before the tranfer
It [monitoring hours at New Hope Fertility Center] was very convenient and their schedule works very well with working patients...Both my pregnancy were singleton single embryo transfer...Very organize. Will not change nothing. Continue doing what you do every day to make miracle happen. Taking blood and doing sonogram is super fast. Their system really works and has helped me achieved my 2nd pregnancy...Natural cycle before transferring the embryo. Then taking Estrance and progesterone before the tranfer
How was your experience with Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center?
He is one of the best doctor New Hope has. Very patient and when doing Egg retrieval he focus on retrieving max numbers. Also when transferring the embryos he is very delicate and ensures its placed in best position to implant
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center?
He will make it happen. Have hope in his regimen they really work
Describe the protocols Zitao Liu used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Friendly
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
It was very convenient and their schedule works very well with working patients
Approx 10k
Describe Zitao Liu's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
Both my pregnancy were singleton single embryo transfer
Zitao Liu
New Hope Fertility Center
He [Dr. Meir Olcha] was one of the only doctors who was open to trying to new things. And exploring possibilities of my failures such as undiagnosed endometriosis and empty follicle syndrome. He worked WITH me. And that felt amazing and we wound up having success...he would call and speak to Me after every failed retrieval. He was open to questions and trying different protocols. He understood me and was willing to help me as an individual and not just like everyone else...
The clinic [New Hope Fertility Center] was okay. The nurses were not. Communication was the worst part at that clinic. Strengths were that they will take any patient regardless of how low their levels are...[Dr. Meir Olcha] was open to questions and trying different protocols...He worked WITH me. And that felt amazing and we wound up having success...
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
He was one of the only doctors who was open to trying to new things. And exploring possibilities of my failures such as undiagnosed endometriosis and empty follicle syndrome. He worked WITH me. And that felt amazing and we wound up having success
Talk with him. Tell Him your concerns and things you’d like to try. And he likely will be open to it.
Because he would call and speak to Me after every failed retrieval. He was open to questions and trying different protocols. He understood me and was willing to help me as an individual and not just like everyone else
Too many to list. But what worked to help with empty follicles was a double trigger
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
I saw olcha at new hope. The clinic was okay. The nurses were not. Communication was the worst part at that clinic. Strengths were that they will take any patient regardless of how low their levels are
New Hope Fertility Center

Stay on top of him [Dr. Merhi], and make sure you go to monitoring 7am-9am if you need to talk with him. Other than that you're left to random Dr's or RNs sending follow up emails...is jovial, and seems knowledgeable about general IVF. But, i'm not confident that he's able to monitor each of his cases individually because of the volume. He also suggests his Ozone Sauna Treatment (Research) 2 times a week for 3 weeks...but it's an additional $1500. Dr. Merhi is nice, but nice doesn't do Individualized care as I thought would happen.
New Hope is great with being "hopeful" about their goals, protocols, volume and results. However, there have been several occasions with my care that I had to speak up in regards of the lack of clear communication, protocols not clearly communicated or explained, Not willing to try other protocols or explain why, The OR not getting proper communication before my procedure. Over billing, Labs not ordered, RX not called in, and getting a different RN who doesn't follow my case closely each week. I expressed my frustration and disappointment with several emails, and one of the sonogram techs had to pull me aside to tell me how things are done. And how to navigate to survive the process. Considering the volume, I felt like I was treated like a number Doctor Nps
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Merhi is jovial, and seems knowledgeable about general IVF. But, i'm not confident that he's able to monitor each of his cases individually because of the volume. He also suggests his Ozone Sauna Treatment (Research) 2 times a week for 3 weeks...but it's an additional $1500. Dr. Merhi is nice, but nice doesn't do Individualized care as I thought would happen.
Stay on top of him, and make sure you go to monitoring 7am-9am if you need to talk with him. Other than that you're left to random Dr's or RNs sending follow up emails.
I was never told which specific agnostic or type. Just learning this myself via research. They wanted to do Natural IVF, But I reminded them that I wanted to do Mini IVF. I started with half of Isisbloom BCPs, Monitoring, Chlomid, Letrizol and then Trigger and retrieve. I have to do more rounds of retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: She never followed up, so I asked for someone else! Jasmine)
After I asked about communication improving, they seemed to make an effort. But, went back to their old ways.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strength: Rates for unlimited monitoring good. Time to get monitored good. Ultrasound Techs Nice Volume Egg Retrievals are done in both phases including Luteal-so that no eggs get left during retrieval. The OR team very efficient, compassionate and nice. Billing Team very efficient. Weakness: Bad with communication
Well oiled machine. Sign in, Screen Monitoring, and name appears on the list.
A little over $6 K total, not including meds $150
They recommend single embryo transfer. I am not at that stage.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
Communication need to be improved. I like the rates, but not sure if I am sacrificing care.
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr Merhi is kind, communicative and responsive. He always gave me information directly l, and at times bluntly, but emphasized his belief that we will have success.... Dr Merhi is thoughtful, on top of the latest developments in the field, willing to think outside the box and incredibly supportive. He is very responsive to emails and always made time for me when I asked either via phone or in person. He even dropped everything he was doing on one day to perform an emergency retrieval after my first retrieval didn’t go as planned. He’s been able to adjust along the way while remaining very positive
Nice facility where treatment is MUCH more affordable than other NYC area facilities. They [New Hope Fertility Center] bill as you go, so you don’t have to plunk down the full cycle costs when you start. Very flexible monitoring hours - 7am - as late as 2pm some days. It can be a bit of a factory at times, and there have been a few days where I’ve had to wait 45-60 min for monitoring.... Limited contact with my assigned nurse. The nurses generally communicate via email which is convenient, though it can be very difficult to get someone on the phone at times.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr Merhi is thoughtful, on top of the latest developments in the field, willing to think outside the box and incredibly supportive. He is very responsive to emails and always made time for me when I asked either via phone or in person. He even dropped everything he was doing on one day to perform an emergency retrieval after my first retrieval didn’t go as planned. He’s been able to adjust along the way while remaining very positive - almost disconcertingly so at times. Very satisfied with him.
Be persistent. He will make time for you but you need to stay in front of him or connect with his coordinator to get on his schedule. He is very busy so don’t be afraid to push!
Mini IVF (clomid, letrozole, 150 follistim) Conv IVF (clomid, letrozole, 225 follistim)
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: MeiDan)
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Nice facility where treatment is MUCH more affordable than other NYC area facilities. They bill as you go, so you don’t have to plunk down the full cycle costs when you start. Very flexible monitoring hours - 7am - as late as 2pm some days. It can be a bit of a factory at times, and there have been a few days where I’ve had to wait 45-60 min for monitoring.
Monitoring hours are very flexible here. Weekdays are 7am - 2pm, weekends are 7am - 12pm which was huge selling point for me. Scans are done by techs and not MDs. Some of were much better than others but nearly all were quite competent.
Consult $350 Unlimited monitoring for 30 days - $800 Retrieval + ICSI + freezing + PGS - 4000
He prefers PGS tested blasts, eSET but is very open to multiple transfers of day 3 or mosaic embryos.