4 Columbus Circle

Dr. Merhi used a mini-IVF protocol where I took clomid and letrozole and then Gonal-F injections for about one week. After that I took medication to prevent ovulation and then a trigger shot before the egg retrieval. For my frozen transfer I took estrogen and then progesterone in oil and progesterone suppositories...listened closely to our concerns from the beginning. After having 4 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVF Cycles at a different clinic, Dr. Merhi recognized my need for mini-IVF since the high doses of medication were potentially harming my eggs. I’m so lucky to have found Dr. Merhi.
Strengths [at New Hope Fertility Center]: Dr. Merhi is warm and caring and has a great sense of humor. He clearly communicated the protocol and reasoning behind it. He listened to my concerns he personally called me to answer my questions in a timely manner...Lise is the nurse in New Hope’s Long Island office. She is caring and compassionate and communicated with me via email and answered all my questions. She is the best!
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Merhi and the staff at New Hope were truly amazing. They explained everything clearly and tailored the protocol to meet my needs. I was more successful with their mini-IVF protocol than with my previous 2 cycles of conventional IVF. I would recommend them to anyone!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
If you don’t understand something, call and speak to a nurse. They are very helpful!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Merhi listened closely to our concerns from the beginning. After having 4 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVF Cycles at a different clinic, Dr. Merhi recognized my need for mini-IVF since the high doses of medication were potentially harming my eggs. I’m so lucky to have found Dr. Merhi.
Describe the protocols Zaher Merhi used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lise)
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strengths: Dr. Merhi is warm and caring and has a great sense of humor. He clearly communicated the protocol and reasoning behind it. He listened to my concerns he personally called me to answer my questions in a timely manner. I am convinced that I would not be pregnant right now if I did not find Dr. Merhi.
I went to monitoring appointments very early in the morning at both the Manhattan and Long Island offices. Manhattan office is very well run with large monitors telling you where to go for blood work and ultrasound. Manhattan office is much larger than Long Island but often more crowded.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center.
My insurance covered a lot of it but I paid out of pocket for the ozone sauna therapy and the PRP procedure. I also had to pay about $2,000 for the egg retrieval and another $2,000 For transfer.
New Hope Fertility Center
[Dr. Zaher Merhi is] Honest, compassionate and very knowledgeable about his expertise. I never would have believed him if he told me I will get you pregnant but he did and was extremely gentle with the whole procedure. He’s wonderful at his job...I was in lutueal phase cycle when my eggs were retrieved because my first attempt was not successful. During the luteual phase cycle two eggs were retrieved and one genetically tested embryo day 6 blastocyst...I was not informed of some procedures but the doctor said he would take care of it for me.
All the nurses who [at New Hope Fertility Center] were very understanding and compassionate...I was not informed of some procedures but the doctor said he would take care of it for me...They have very updated resources than conventional...The only negative thing I can say is the employees having clear communication between all parties patients and within their environment...I was in lutueal phase cycle when my eggs were retrieved because my first attempt was not successful. During the luteual phase cycle two eggs were retrieved and one genetically tested embryo day 6 blastocyst was transferred on January 20, I’m 7 weeks pregnant and extremely grateful with outcome.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Have faith in your doctor and follow what he tells you and trust the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Samantha Brown)
All the nurses who work were very understanding and compassionate
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Use new Hope fertility clinic their approach and their protocol I feel it makes alot more sense as far as the alternative choices that you have. I’m very pleased with my options. They have very updated resources than conventional
Describe Zaher Merhi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
No we did not have elective single embryo. My request was implant the healthiest embryo for implantation

2017 - 2020, Successful
Both my pregnancy were singleton single embryo transfer [with Dr. Zitao Liu]...He is very knowledgeable and understand every person different based on their situation...Very patient and when doing Egg retrieval he focus on retrieving max numbers. Also when transferring the embryos he is very delicate and ensures its placed in best position to implant...Natural cycle before transferring the embryo. Then taking Estrance and progesterone before the tranfer
It [monitoring hours at New Hope Fertility Center] was very convenient and their schedule works very well with working patients...Both my pregnancy were singleton single embryo transfer...Very organize. Will not change nothing. Continue doing what you do every day to make miracle happen. Taking blood and doing sonogram is super fast. Their system really works and has helped me achieved my 2nd pregnancy...Natural cycle before transferring the embryo. Then taking Estrance and progesterone before the tranfer
How was your experience with Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center?
He is one of the best doctor New Hope has. Very patient and when doing Egg retrieval he focus on retrieving max numbers. Also when transferring the embryos he is very delicate and ensures its placed in best position to implant
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center?
He will make it happen. Have hope in his regimen they really work
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Zitao Liu used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Friendly
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
It was very convenient and their schedule works very well with working patients
Describe the costs associated with your care under Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center.
Approx 10k
Describe Zitao Liu's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
Both my pregnancy were singleton single embryo transfer
Zitao Liu
New Hope Fertility Center

Stay on top of him [Dr. Merhi], and make sure you go to monitoring 7am-9am if you need to talk with him. Other than that you're left to random Dr's or RNs sending follow up emails...is jovial, and seems knowledgeable about general IVF. But, i'm not confident that he's able to monitor each of his cases individually because of the volume. He also suggests his Ozone Sauna Treatment (Research) 2 times a week for 3 weeks...but it's an additional $1500. Dr. Merhi is nice, but nice doesn't do Individualized care as I thought would happen.
New Hope is great with being "hopeful" about their goals, protocols, volume and results. However, there have been several occasions with my care that I had to speak up in regards of the lack of clear communication, protocols not clearly communicated or explained, Not willing to try other protocols or explain why, The OR not getting proper communication before my procedure. Over billing, Labs not ordered, RX not called in, and getting a different RN who doesn't follow my case closely each week. I expressed my frustration and disappointment with several emails, and one of the sonogram techs had to pull me aside to tell me how things are done. And how to navigate to survive the process. Considering the volume, I felt like I was treated like a number Doctor Nps
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Merhi is jovial, and seems knowledgeable about general IVF. But, i'm not confident that he's able to monitor each of his cases individually because of the volume. He also suggests his Ozone Sauna Treatment (Research) 2 times a week for 3 weeks...but it's an additional $1500. Dr. Merhi is nice, but nice doesn't do Individualized care as I thought would happen.
Stay on top of him, and make sure you go to monitoring 7am-9am if you need to talk with him. Other than that you're left to random Dr's or RNs sending follow up emails.
I was never told which specific agnostic or type. Just learning this myself via research. They wanted to do Natural IVF, But I reminded them that I wanted to do Mini IVF. I started with half of Isisbloom BCPs, Monitoring, Chlomid, Letrizol and then Trigger and retrieve. I have to do more rounds of retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: She never followed up, so I asked for someone else! Jasmine)
After I asked about communication improving, they seemed to make an effort. But, went back to their old ways.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strength: Rates for unlimited monitoring good. Time to get monitored good. Ultrasound Techs Nice Volume Egg Retrievals are done in both phases including Luteal-so that no eggs get left during retrieval. The OR team very efficient, compassionate and nice. Billing Team very efficient. Weakness: Bad with communication
Well oiled machine. Sign in, Screen Monitoring, and name appears on the list.
A little over $6 K total, not including meds $150
They recommend single embryo transfer. I am not at that stage.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
Communication need to be improved. I like the rates, but not sure if I am sacrificing care.
New Hope Fertility Center

I met with Dr. Zhang once and did not develop any relationships with the staff. If this were my first clinic or cycle I would be put off but at this point I just wanted results I did not need hand holding... is an extremely smart and willing to think outside of the box. I am thrilled I found him when I did, only 1 cycle led to success!! Knowing that he is the owner/founder I understood he would be very busy but trusting a doctor of his caliber assured me to trust his staff.
Location [of New Hope Fertility Center] is good however the first time I could not easily find the building. Also, the security needs to know the difference between floors 3 & 4, a few times I was directed to the wrong floor. Clinic itself is large and clean. Nice refreshment station and the best part is the salt water fish tank. The reception desk individuals are very welcoming...Aside from getting my blood drawn at the first consult, retrieval and transfer, the only interaction I had with the nurses was with email. During the stim cycle they are very responsive. During transfer and ongoing pregnancy the email communication isn't as responsive, could due to the number of patients, vacation time, patient priority. The nurses are all very professional in person and email.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Zhang is an extremely smart and willing to think outside of the box. I am thrilled I found him when I did, only 1 cycle led to success!! Knowing that he is the owner/founder I understood he would be very busy but trusting a doctor of his caliber assured me to trust his staff.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Do your own research, bring your own questions and take a chance!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
It is a very busy clinic, I met with Dr. Zhang once and did not develop any relationships with the staff. If this were my first clinic or cycle I would be put off but at this point I just wanted results I did not need hand holding.
Describe the protocols John Zhang used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Mini ivf using clomid, letrozol, cetrotide and very small doses of follistim.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Location is good however the first time I could not easily find the building. Also, the security needs to know the difference between floors 3 & 4, a few times I was directed to the wrong floor. Clinic itself is large and clean. Nice refreshment station and the best part is the salt water fish tank. The reception desk individuals are very welcoming.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center.
I think in total the cost was ~14k. The part that was annoying was since I was doing outside monitoring it cost me an additional 1k each month for NHFC to review the results.
Describe John Zhang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
No comment.
New Hope Fertility Center

What he [Dr. Zaher Merhi] explained made sense but then I felt rushed into an egg retrieval that I didn’t feel confident would work considering the cycle before (my cycles are very unpredictable) they thought I had two cysts. Then 9 days later they thought they were eggs and good to retrieve and we went in and got nothing...He has great bedside manner but I am unsure that he really has the best course of action as a physician. He is willing to try unconventional things.
They [staff at New Hope Fertility Center ] don’t communicate plans well or call everything is via email...You check in and then wait for your name to show on the Tv screens and go in for blood then back out to wait for your name on the tv to see a different nurse for ultrasound and then back out to wait for the nurse (coordinator) to call you back to discuss and the doctor if he is available. I don’t like this approach it makes you feel like a number. But Dr. Merhi’s team is very responsive through their email portal.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
I had renewed hope after seeing him as he was confident that we could use my eggs as opposed to donor even tho my first RE at the age of 30 had told me I needed to move to donor eggs. What he explained made sense but then I felt rushed into an egg retrieval that I didn’t feel confident would work considering the cycle before (my cycles are very unpredictable) they thought I had two cysts. Then 9 days later they thought they were eggs and good to retrieve and we went in and got nothing.
His team is very responsive and he has great bedside manner and remembers personal details about myself and my husband.
He had me try a 14 day course of BC pills in an attempt to lower my FSH. The last BW I had done 2 months prior was 79. I had to stop after 11 days as I had gained 9 lbs. Coming back in after that my FSH was down to 10 and I don’t remember the last time it was that low. At the ultrasound they thought I had two cysts. I had a period. And came back in for more BW and ultrasound on CD 9 after taking estrace for 14 days and they said I was good to go and rushed me in for an egg retrieval 2 days later. Turns out as I suspected they were still the two cysts from before. So we got nothing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center.
I don’t like how they run their clinic. You wait for your name on a board and go in to get your blood then back out and wait for your name on a board and back into a different person for the sonogram and then back out and the nurse talks to you and the doctor if you request.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The way they treat patients through a cycle. You check in and then wait for your name to show on the Tv screens and go in for blood then back out to wait for your name on the tv to see a different nurse for ultrasound and then back out to wait for the nurse (coordinator) to call you back to discuss and the doctor if he is available. I don’t like this approach it makes you feel like a number. But Dr. Merhi’s team is very responsive through their email portal.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
The communication was very poor. They knew I was unavailable for what would have been the next cycle and when I called with CD1 of my period while I was on a work trip and wasn’t able to come in until CD10, at that visit they decided that what they previously thoughts were cysts were follicles and that we had to come in for an egg retrieval. I got this information via email and when I called rather confused and with concerns was told that the doctor was sure. They don’t communicate plans well or call everything is via email.
New Hope Fertility Center

1st retrieval [with Dr. Olcha] was a cyst so we grew the remaining follicles. He tweaked the Clomid dosage...Next cycle he might do clomid + injectables (Im doing "mini ivf")...He actually cares. I feel he is customizing & tweaking everything based on most recent results. he takes time to explain everything & make sure Im at ease & understand everything. When doing my retrieval (my 1st ever) he explained to me every step of the way which kept me so calm. I know the difference since my prior doc treated me like a #. Dr Olcha is night and day from her & Im soooo happy I switched to him. Doctor Nps
I usually deal with [the nurses at New Hope] who draw blood + the sonogram. Nurses usually just email the instructions (after you leave). the ones I have dealt at the clinic, some are very dry/no bedside manners....one told me I was pregnant (instead of letting doc tell me...it was a chemical pregnancy)...i saw her again 2 weeks later & she didnt even remember me...[monitoring is a] super well oiled machine. Window is 7am thru 1pm....7-9am if you want to speak to a doctor. I would get in 7:45 and be our by 8:30-8:45 in time to get to work. Super easy
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr Olcha was my 2nd doctor here. He came in to explain how they couldn’t do retrieval the next day (what would have been my 1st) since I had ovulated…Orlissa didn’t work for me. He explained to me in 5 mins more than my prior doc at same clinic had explained to me in 2 months with her. He gave me options (clomid to grow rest of follicules vs timed intercourse which he recommended the later). I had a consultation with him since I noticed he was an RE & I just kept thinking of how different (good) I felt with him vs my prior doctor. 10 seconds into the meeting I started crying…it was like all my walls came down & I felt safe…I felt I could ask him and I wasn’t being rushed. He said “don’t cry, you are going to make me cry!”…something my prior doc would have NEVER said. I knew right there he saw me as a person, a human, not just another body. He went on to explain the whole process, calm/not rushed, would draw as he explained, talked in simple terms so you can understand. He looked at my prior results & immediately said what needed to be tweaked. On my 1st egg retrieval – it ended up being an empty follicule (Cyst). Again he came to give me the bad news (vs sending a nurse). He knew my plan didn’t cover it & it was all out of pocket so he said he would process it thru my medical insurance as a cyst removal and if they covered it, I would get a credit with New Hope. That was the case which was a $1250 relief I could use towards next procedure. This also was my 1st retrieval ever. He kept me so calm, telling me what he was doing as he was doing it. That helped a lot! He said we would grow the remaining ones (lutheal fase & plan of action) On my 2nd retrieval, I had 2 eggs retrieved, 1 fertilized. It didn’t make it to day 7. He said he would call me but since we had a consultation he figured he explained 1:1. Again he explained everything so clearly going step by step of the process & where my embryo stopped growing. I literally leave his office with so much hope every time since he explains every step & he has a plan of action already. He makes me feel safe & taken care of. He works weekends which is great since less people there. When I get monitoring (blood & sonogram) – I usually see him right after looking at my results & getting to plan of action. He sometimes will either come in during or after the monitoring and answer any questions. He is very hands on. My prior doc I was with for 2 months & saw her twice (1st consultation + a meeting scheduled by me). With Dr Olcha I’ve seem him almost every time I’ve been there & If I don’t, I get very detailed emails from his nurse support team with his recommendations. Im so happy I switched to him. He is the reason I have hope & feel like I can trust the science. That he is looking out for me & doing what is best for me. Its truly customized & making changes as we go & know more. He is night and day from my prior doc & I will recommend him to ANYONE (I already have). He is the best combination of knowledgeable, calm, compassionate, very good at explaining…..he is the PERFECT COMBO OF SCIENCE MEETS HEART! I feel so lucky God put him on my path. I trust he will get me there
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Ask him anything. He will explain and you will feel so much better after.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Meir Olcha used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
1st retrieval was a cyst so we grew the remaining follicles. He tweaked the Clomid dosage (from 100mg from prior doc to 50 mg)...not sure if since I was in lutheal phase. Next cycle he might do clomid + injectables (Im doing "mini ivf")
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
I usually deal with those who draw blood + the sonogram. Nurses usually just email the instructions (after you leave). the ones I have dealt at the clinic, some are very dry/no bedside manners....one told me I was pregnant (instead of letting doc tell me...it was a chemical pregnancy)...i saw her again 2 weeks later & she didnt even remember me (even do she did a big mistake).
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strength - Very efficient. You are in & out in 30-60 mins. I have time to get to work before 9am. Never a long wait You come in, check in, then look at monitor which tells you chair to draw blood or sonogram room. After you get email with instructions & next steps. weakness - some of the nurses & Dr Lipkin (no bedside manners)....need a little bit more compassion. My doc is great so it's worth it for me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center.
retrieval - 1,250 fertilizing egg to embryo - 1,500 Trigger shot - $100 Monthly monitoring - 200-250/month (my health plan covers 80% so I guess cost would be 1k if not)
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
just 1 incident where I had 2 nurses send me emails with different instructions. This is before I know after monitoring you just go home & wait for the email so...I actually had someone tell me there what the next steps where. I replied to the email & said "i was told xyz(A), one of you is stating that (A) but another nurse emailed be (B)...which one is it??"....nurse I knew called me & clarified.
Meir Olcha
New Hope Fertility Center

She [Dr. Lipkin] gives you the minimum (information wise)...When asking about retrieval & if she would do all my procedures she laughed and said “no there is a group of doctors here & depends who is assigned for it that day. But don’t worry (insert laugh)…’it’s a very easy procedure – anyone can do it really” (thought it was very unprofessional & didn’t like fact she thought this was a joke. For someone who’s never done this, it’s a pretty big deal specially the 1st time. She did not give me that comfort security feeling at all. On my consultations with her - I felt rushed & was trying to get as much in since I could feel her being annoyed. It was very clear to me every time I was just a body to her...didnt get the feeling a)she was doing her best for me or b)even believed I could get pregnant.
had 2 nurses [at New Hope Fertility Center] emailed me 2 different conflicting instructions. Luckily I stayed at clinic until I was told my next steps (didnt know yet at this point they always email you & you dont have to wait there for it). I asked for clarification & nurse called me & confirmed...never got to retrieval since I ovulated...Strength - very organized, efficient, great billing department, great front desk staff, great hours/opened weekends, Weakness - nurses bedside manners are lacking. Advice - do your research on the doctors & maybe have a consultation with a few to figure out best match for you. I stayed too long with Dr Lipkin. I've understood more & been taken care of more by Dr Olcha than I did with Lipkin.
How was your experience with Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
I was at New Hope for 2 months before switching doctors (from Lipkin to Dr Olcha…did a review for him too). I had a consultation with her and she seemed cold, robotic, very factual which is fine, answering questions with a smirk (ego type of laugh)…I felt like I was just one more for her. It was our 1st meeting & not even 5 minutes in she said “You know….you don’t have to take so many notes…we are the experts, you need to trust”. I explained that I do that anywhere for future reference in case I forget. When asking about retrieval & if she would do all my procedures she laughed and said “no there is a group of doctors here & depends who is assigned for it that day. But don’t worry (insert laugh)…’it’s a very easy procedure – anyone can do it” (thought it was very unprofessional & didn’t like fact she thought this was a joke. For someone who’s never done this, it’s a pretty big deal specially the 1st time. She did not give me that comfort security feeling at all. On our 2nd meeting (which I scheduled since after 2 months I hadn’t seen her yet since our original consultation), I had a list of questions. I felt rushed & was trying to get as much in since I could feel her being annoyed. One of my questions was “why where we doing “mini ivf vs. regular ivf?”. Her response was “because we cant create something out of nothing”…after this I froze, felt shocked & realized no point in asking more questions. I felt like crying. I realized then that she did not care for me. She did not believe she could get me pregnant. I was just one more…one more body. I asked what was my ovarian reserve & she said it should be 4-5 follicles per ovary so yours is low even for your age”. I asked my new doctor the same question a month later & he said it was consistent with my age (2-3 total). Our 2nd meeting was also when I found out by a nurse I was pregnant but when talking to Dr Lipkin 5 mins later as she explained “well you are ..except you are not”…she had no compassion when telling me, just told me I had a chemical pregnancy and happens to a lot of women. I left the clinic and had to google what a chemical pregnancy was since still wasn’t very clear. I had a trigger shot & came next day to confirm retrieval. It turned out I had ovulated so missed the chance. The doctor that came in to explain is the one who became my new doctor (Dr Olcha – did review for him here too). She never called me or emailed me. After 2-3 weeks post that event & not hearing from her plus all reasons above, I decided to switch to Dr Olcha & Im soooooo glad I did. The experience has been night & day. Anytime I talked to friends who had gone thru this process they would ask me questions & I could not answer. I had lists of questions for my doctor yet felt like I was just one more, going for blood work & sonogram but no real doctor connection, a doc looking out for me & really watching/customizing my case. The clinic is super efficient but her bedside manners are not the best. A friend of mine who had her wife pregnant there said the same thing…bedside manners are lacking. Dr Lipkin – THUMBS DOWN big time. Big disappointment, big waste of time. Dr Olcha (separate review) – THE BEST! So happy I made the switch. They are night & day & he is pure LIGHT
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
She has no bedside manners, not compassionate. if you care to have someone who has your best interests, actually cares, is compassionate - I would NOT go with her. Advice - schedule consultations once a month or whenever you need them since she wont....she relies on nurses to send email with recommendations but not much personal touch/interaction from her side.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
Like a # with her. I had a consultation with her and she seemed cold, robotic, very factual which is fine, answering questions with a smirk (ego type of laugh)…I felt like I was just one more for her. She is not tactful, her answers are short & she wont tell you anything unless you ask. She gives you the minimum (information wise). I When asking about retrieval & if she would do all my procedures she laughed and said “no there is a group of doctors here & depends who is assigned for it that day. But don’t worry (insert laugh)…’it’s a very easy procedure – anyone can do it really” (thought it was very unprofessional & didn’t like fact she thought this was a joke. For someone who’s never done this, it’s a pretty big deal specially the 1st time. She did not give me that comfort security feeling at all. On my consultations with her - I felt rushed & was trying to get as much in since I could feel her being annoyed. It was very clear to me every time I was just a body to her...didnt get the feeling a)she was doing her best for me or b)even believed I could get pregnant.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Nursing staff doesnt have the best bedside manners. Emails are detailed and easy to follow (its a clinic thing not linked to the doctors per se) but did notice Dr Olcha has a separate nurse support group (smaller group so more hands on vs all the nurses for the full clinic)
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center.
trigger shot $100 never got to retrieval since I ovulated. before my next cycle/retrieval I switched to Dr Olcha thank God!
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
had 2 nurses emailed me 2 different conflicting instructions. Luckily I stayed at clinic until I was told my next steps (didnt know yet at this point they always email you & you dont have to wait there for it). I asked for clarification & nurse called me & confirmed
Lana Lipkin

2015 - 2019, Successful
One of my main criticisms of New Hope is that you don't regularly see or speak with a doctor. You mainly work with the nurses -- via email. So it feels impersonal. If you make a request and the doctor is available during monitoring, Dr. Merhi for instance would come into the room and chat with you. He is very personable and kind and treats you like a human for sure.... The relationship with the nurses at New Hope is quite odd -- mainly just via email. You hardly ever get to see them bc they are not drawing the blood or doing the sonograms. Generally difficult to get a nurse on the phone.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Merhi did my transfer that resulted in my little one - so I will forever be grateful. He has a great bedside manner and is very personable and obviously he is skilled at transfers. A year or so later, when I went back to try for number two, my transfer with him did not succeed (not saying it was anything he did, could have just been the odds game). Then I decided to try to create more embryos, and had a failed attempt on a cycle. When I discussed the failed IVF attempt, he really didn't offer any tweaks or adjustments to my protocol. It was kind of - it is what it is at your age. You just need to try again and maybe you will get a good egg next time. I felt like this was a bit disappointment. I'm not sure how knowledgeable he is on the various protocols and research being done in the infertility areas.
Do your research, ask a lot of questions, demand that a specific doctor follow your protocol.
Mini-IVF: clomid, letrozol and follistim, followed by Ovidrel as a trigger shot. For the transfer, progesterone suppositories and estrogen pills.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The relationship with the nurses at New Hope is quite odd -- mainly just via email. You hardly ever get to see them bc they are not drawing the blood or doing the sonograms. Generally difficult to get a nurse on the phone. I have had it happen on a number of occasions where I receive conflicting emails info from nurses. Also it has become a big hassle to get your prescriptions called in. They email the protocol to you with your meds and you say, please call into X pharmacy and they respond "please email [insert email] regarding prescriptions." Seems like we shouldn't be worrying about this and that the calling in of prescriptions should be handled better. Caused a bit of stress for me bc I had to repeatedly follow up on prescriptions being called in.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The wait time for regular monitoring and sono is pretty short -- they run like a well-oiled machine in this regard. They also have good hours 7-2, so it doesn't interfere with work too much. I do believe that the lab / embryology dept. there is quite good and the folks working in the lab are top of the game -- you can email them as well with questions and they are responsive. Herminio (in embryology) is really great and compassionate and helped us through some stressful times. I wish there was more interaction with your primary doctor - -in fact, I didn't even feel like I HAD a primary doctor at all. I sometimes felt like maybe nobody was really focusing on my protocol. Again, I did have success at New Hope in 2015/2016, and it is more recently that I've grown concerned about the level of care I am receiving. NH could potentially be a one-protocol kind of place -- not sure how customized the treatments are. The cost at New Hope is also much more reasonable than other places, so that's a plus (assuming of course you are getting the care you need and want).
Egg retrieval & fertilization (excluding monitoring and drugs) ran around $4500 (with anesthesia). This was pretty reasonable comparatively.
Dr. Merhi transferred 2 normals for me -- ended up with one baby.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
I received conflicting information from nurses on one occasion, which was disconcerting. I also had trouble getting prescriptions called in.
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr. Merhi was wonderful with consultation. However he did not due my retrieval, didn't follow up with me whatsoever, and basically was almost non existent throughout the process.... He is very nice but consultations with him seemed rushed. He didn't really ask questions or informed us much what was coming next. He started us off with an IUI (natural cycle) which didnt work. We moved on to Mini IVF and he never called, emailed, or followed up with me before or after IVF. At this point I dont even think I am his patient.
The clinic [New Hope Fertility Center] is amazing as a whole. The monitoring is very self explanatory and easy. You go in and wait for your name to come out in the screens, and they tell you exactly where to go. I liked the facility and the ease it has... The nursing staff there is fast and efficient. Monitoring is a breeze. If you go early youll be in and out in no time. The coordinator sometimes responds a little late but she is very nice.... The billing department is not as well ran as the nurse and sonogram staff.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Be prepared to not see him, he will not follow up with you.
Dr. Merhi was wonderful with consultation. However he did not due my retrieval, didn't follow up with me whatsoever, and basically was almost non existent throughout the process. A Dr. Zhang I believe was the one to do my IUI and my retrieval.
Dr.Merhi began with a natural IUI cycle since I already ovulate on my own. I dont know why I dont get pregnant. After it failed he didnt call me or follow up. I called the clinic and told him I wanted to do IVF which his answer was ok no problem and just sent me to a coordinator to explain meds for IVF. I was on clomid 100mg and Gonal F for about 10 days. Again, didnt see him or hear from him. Retrieval was coordinated by nurses and another RE in the clinic was the one to do the procedure.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is amazing as a whole. The monitoring is very self explanatory and easy. You go in and wait for your name to come out in the screens, and they tell you exactly where to go. I liked the facility and the ease it has
Monitoring was the best part of this experience. Everyone is so nice and efficient
IVF-4000 Medications- Gonal F and Clomid- 1500 Monitoring per month 800 IUI 800 Egg Transfer 3000 (Havent done this yet but we have to pay it soon) 750 PGS Testing per embryo... we are doing 3 embryos 2250 in total
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
The billing department is not as well ran as the nurse and sonogram staff.
New Hope Fertility Center

I saw him [Dr. Zhang] three times so far, most information gotten from the nurses and ultrasound techs around me. Things felt rushed with him, not much of a personal touch in my opinion... He's very knowledgeable and does cutting edge stuff. However he's not very present. I would like to be able to see my doctor more often or feel like I'm being heard. Most of my questions were answered by ultrasound techs.... We did an ultra mini IVF cycle which involved clomid and femara tabs only. I was able to produce 4 mature eggs which all got fertilized, however I ended up with one very good grade blastocyst.
Very clean and calming atmosphere. Things move very fast there [New Hope Fertility Center]. There's a whiteboard which flashes your name and also guides you on where to go. Everyone is courteous but it tends to feel very impersonal since they have so many patients. They also communicate mainly by email which can be a good thing. Questions are answered promptly. I would also say that costs are very reasonable there.... Reasonable. My ultra mini IVF so far has cost about 10k
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
He's very knowledgeable and does cutting edge stuff. However he's not very present. I would like to be able to see my doctor more often or feel like I'm being heard. Most of my questions were answered by ultrasound techs. Also because I understood the plan for the day I have found myself asking for things I was told during the previous appointment, that the people I interacted with on the day of were not aware
Ask for a full explanation of the pros and cons of each step or procedure
I saw him three times so far, most information gotten from the nurses and ultrasound techs around me. Things felt rushed with him, not much of a personal touch in my opinion
We did an ultra mini IVF cycle which involved clomid and femara tabs only. I was able to produce 4 mature eggs which all got fertilized, however I ended up with one very good grade blastocyst. We also did PGS testing for aneuploidy which came back aneuploid. I think I shouldn't have done PGS testing on my only blastocyst especially since I have never had a miscarriage. I was able to get them to do a saline sonogram which showed i had a possible polyp and was then scheduled for hysteroscopy.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Very clean and calming atmosphere. Things move very fast there. There's a whiteboard which flashes your name and also guides you on where to go. Everyone is courteous but it tends to feel very impersonal since they have so many patients. They also communicate mainly by email which can be a good thing. Questions are answered promptly. I would also say that costs are very reasonable there.
Reasonable. My ultra mini IVF so far has cost about 10k
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr Merhi is trying a more natural approach. I am currently on estradiol. He also had me take hgh for an 6 week period. Also he provide me with a free trial of ozone therapy for 8 weeks. I also had an ovarian rejuvenation done as well. ... Dr Merhi was the first doctor in a long time to try to use my own eggs. I was initially going to him for the egg donor program and he told me to try with my own eggs first.
Billing sucks, they [New Hope Fertility Center] don’t get back to you ever. You literally have to harass them. Communication with the nursing staff isn’t the greatest. But the clinic is a well oil machine in a good way. You can be in and out of monitoring in 30 to 45 mins which is great for people who have to work. Very clean facility and the staff is nice. It’s very conveniently located too.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr Merhi was the first doctor in a long time to try to use my own eggs. I was initially going to him for the egg donor program and he told me to try with my own eggs first. When you are with Dr. Merhi he gives you his undivided attention. He answer all your questions and is very personable. He has great bed side manner and makes you feel very comfortable. But yes there is a but.... here are my dislikes... His email response could be better and yes I understand they are busy but isn’t that a part of your job. Also I went two months without seeing him at any of my monitoring although he would provide instructions via email. I am currently still being treated by him so let’s see. I will give another review when everything is completed.
Email! Email! Email! Would be your best form of communication with him.
I wouldn’t say Mr.Merhi treated me like a number but more like the clinic. Dr Merhi always addresses me by my first time each time he see me.
Dr Merhi is trying a more natural approach. I am currently on estradiol. He also had me take hgh for an 6 week period. Also he provide me with a free trial of ozone therapy for 8 weeks. I also had an ovarian rejuvenation done as well. After six month of not ovulating I finally ovulated two eggs but the second one was too small. They received one egg and that a lot because the first time I had egg retrieval I had no eggs. But my embryo did not make it to blastocyst. I am now back for my second go at it and it has been 5 months since my last egg retrieval.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Sometimes the provide incorrect instructions or dose mix ups and drug mix up. Also I received my email really late in the day
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Billing sucks, they don’t get back to you ever. You literally have to harass them. Communication with the nursing staff isn’t the greatest. But the clinic is a well oil machine in a good way. You can be in and out of monitoring in 30 to 45 mins which is great for people who have to work. Very clean facility and the staff is nice. It’s very conveniently located too.
No complaints
Fairly reasonable
Didn’t get to the point
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
The doses amount was translated in units instead of mg. Also type of pill I am taking her mixed up sometimes. But they do have an emergency number too call

2016 - 2019, Successful
As a patient, it’s important for me to feel safe and understood. It’s important for me to feel comfortable with people in the clinic and it’s important for me to feel comfortable with doctors. All that I had just said described Dr. Zhang and his clinic [New Hope Fertility Center]. He listens to our frustration and how much impact it’s carrying us and also financially.
The only weakness I have to say is to really be a bit more organize on some areas. For example, I had done bloodworks already and they kept asking me for particular blood work reports which I had given. ... The clinic’s [New Hope Fertility Center] atmosphere is friendly and open. ... During blood work monitoring, they know I have thin veins and they are careful. ... The embryologist I meet during transfers, super nice and friendly. They show me my embryo on the screen and they really check to make sure it is me and I understand exacting what is going on.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
As a patient, it’s important for me to feel safe and understood. It’s important for me to feel comfortable with people in the clinic and it’s important for me to feel comfortable with doctors. All that I had just said described Dr. Zhang and his clinic. He listens to our frustration and how much impact it’s carrying us and also financially.
To always trust your gut feeling. Listen and ask millions of questions.
From all other fertility clinics we’ve been to, New Hope was friendly. Dr. Zhang and staff were friendly and organized. They saw me as a human being not an object of someone just coming in for treatments. They understand our frustration and our pain. We’ve also endured two stillbirths. They know the pain and heartache of losing two precious babies and trying again and not working. Dr. Zhang is there to questions that’s needing answers. He is always available to talk to without paying...he understands!
I was preparing for retrieval’s of my own eggs (one or two he sees), he uses minimal meds. Trigger shots when it’s time for retrieval in two days , I don’t remember the meds I had taken. For preparing egg donor transfers, I have been taking estradiol, promethium....depends on my blood work result if it needs some adjusting I had taken prednisone, progesterone shot on my butt, baby aspirin, enoxaparin injection on my stomach. Sometimes my lining needs to be thicker so they up my use to progesterone sometimes.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
We started seeing Dr. Zhang back in 2016 and we are still doing that:) the staff are wonderful. When I come in they know me and don’t need to tell them my name. They input it on their computer and they know I’ve already arrived. During blood work monitoring, they know I have thin veins and they are careful. Nurse are available to talk to and few I’ve met and talked to. They are super nice, cordial and you ask them anything even if it’s embarrassing or disgusting. The sonographers I absolutely love. They know our loses and they are so sweet. They talk to me about how I’m doing and how my day is going. They always try to lift my spirits. Other doctors on site are fantastic. They are friendly and you can ask them anything and they are there to help you. Nurse after my transfers, super sweet. You feel comfortable and they don’t rush you to get up and leave. The staff during transfers, they give me instructions what to do and they are caring too. The embryologist I meet during transfers, super nice and friendly. They show me my embryo on the screen and they really check to make sure it is me and I understand exacting what is going on. Doctors who performs the transfers are friendly and I can ask anything even though he is busy doing what he needs to do.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is amazing. There are more patients than ever. The clinic’s atmosphere is friendly and open. The only weakness I have to say is to really be a bit more organize on some areas. For example, I had done bloodworks already and they kept asking me for particular blood work reports which I had given. They’ve asked me Numerous times and I keep being copies for them. Whoever scans the documents, they need scan better and put it in my file. At one time only, a nurse emailed me my blood work result and protocol. The meds she told me was to take clomid. But that’s for retrieval. I was doing transfers. So one nurse emailed me and corrected it. Also, I keep getting ask if I’m Allergic to medications. I did tell them so many times yes and gave them the name and still keeps asking me. It’s ok. I learn to answer each time:)
My monitoring experience is great. The ladies who gets my blood has no problem. Although I have small veins, they still manage to get it done. They always ask me if I’m doing ok. As for sonogram, I love the ladies there. So respectful. I get along well with them. They know how hard and how long and our loses. They’ve become my friends there. Always smiling. :) which I love. Makes my day.
We’ve been doing fertility for 9 and half long years. My husband and I have seen numerous doctors. The billing at the Dr. Zhang’s office is very organized. There’s always three there. They know your name and what needs to be paid. They even tell you what it’s for and if the insurance paid or not and explained why. They even have online service to pay online now too. They are friendly. My husband and I pay out of pocket fertility for nine and half long years. For donor eggs we have $13,200 for 6 eggs. Then they tell us how survived. For example, embryologist will email and tell me they get 5 out of 6 ready to be sent out for genetic testing. Before sending we have to pay $750 per embryo to be tested first before being sent out. Ones we do that we have 7-10 days to wait and they will email with results. Then they will email again and tell us how many survived and how many healthy with grades on them and explanation of their grades. So imagine having failed donor eggs many many times $13,200 x 5 times. We are financially medically in debt. We need help!
When we did our transfer in Cancun Mexico, the doctor there transferred four embryos all the time. Out of three cycles, I was pregnant but resulted in 10 week miscarriage. Dr. Zhang and his colleague transfers one embryo at a time per rules. He picks the best embryos for transfers.
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr Merhi is kind, communicative and responsive. He always gave me information directly l, and at times bluntly, but emphasized his belief that we will have success.... Dr Merhi is thoughtful, on top of the latest developments in the field, willing to think outside the box and incredibly supportive. He is very responsive to emails and always made time for me when I asked either via phone or in person. He even dropped everything he was doing on one day to perform an emergency retrieval after my first retrieval didn’t go as planned. He’s been able to adjust along the way while remaining very positive
Nice facility where treatment is MUCH more affordable than other NYC area facilities. They [New Hope Fertility Center] bill as you go, so you don’t have to plunk down the full cycle costs when you start. Very flexible monitoring hours - 7am - as late as 2pm some days. It can be a bit of a factory at times, and there have been a few days where I’ve had to wait 45-60 min for monitoring.... Limited contact with my assigned nurse. The nurses generally communicate via email which is convenient, though it can be very difficult to get someone on the phone at times.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr Merhi is thoughtful, on top of the latest developments in the field, willing to think outside the box and incredibly supportive. He is very responsive to emails and always made time for me when I asked either via phone or in person. He even dropped everything he was doing on one day to perform an emergency retrieval after my first retrieval didn’t go as planned. He’s been able to adjust along the way while remaining very positive - almost disconcertingly so at times. Very satisfied with him.
Be persistent. He will make time for you but you need to stay in front of him or connect with his coordinator to get on his schedule. He is very busy so don’t be afraid to push!
Mini IVF (clomid, letrozole, 150 follistim) Conv IVF (clomid, letrozole, 225 follistim)
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: MeiDan)
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Nice facility where treatment is MUCH more affordable than other NYC area facilities. They bill as you go, so you don’t have to plunk down the full cycle costs when you start. Very flexible monitoring hours - 7am - as late as 2pm some days. It can be a bit of a factory at times, and there have been a few days where I’ve had to wait 45-60 min for monitoring.
Monitoring hours are very flexible here. Weekdays are 7am - 2pm, weekends are 7am - 12pm which was huge selling point for me. Scans are done by techs and not MDs. Some of were much better than others but nearly all were quite competent.
Consult $350 Unlimited monitoring for 30 days - $800 Retrieval + ICSI + freezing + PGS - 4000
He prefers PGS tested blasts, eSET but is very open to multiple transfers of day 3 or mosaic embryos.
New Hope Fertility Center

She [Dr. Makarov] never explained why did anything. First cycle started with pills, and didn’t have shots til the end. Resulted in 3 eggs. Next she started with pills and shots. Resulted in 13 eggs. Next round she did pills and 1/2 the amount of shots. Results 8 eggs. Never discussed why the change. Finally after the third round I asked her why she thought we were getting numerous eggs but no normal ones. Her response was she basically didn’t know. It felt like she just hadn’t thought about it.
They [New Hope] almost had me cancel a cycle because on my retrieval day they had a mistake in their system saying we owed money. We didn’t, we paid the full amount the day before. They were causally looking into it until I insisted that I get my sonogram so they can do my retrieval. One tech said sorry, if you haven’t paid we can’t do anything. She was so rude. Especially because we did pay. They never apologized.
How was your experience with Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center?
What I says before. She was nice, but not very invested in our success. When we came for the follow up after retrieving the eggs and them being abnormal she hadn’t even looked at the results until we were in her office.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center?
Keep on top of everything. Make sure they are giving you the proper information and that you get it on time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center?
You only spoke to her when you were there. She seemed very h concerned with the results. We have 13 eggs retrieved in our first cycle using the shots. None of them came back normal. She never addressed that, it was just onto the next cycle with no discussion. She was nice when you were in the office why her, but felt very detached from our success
Describe the protocols Jennifer Kulp Makarov used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
She never explained why did anything. First cycle started with pills, and didn’t have shots til the end. Resulted in 3 eggs. Next she started with pills and shots. Resulted in 13 eggs. Next round she did pills and 1/2 the amount of shots. Results 8 eggs. Never discussed why the change. Finally after the third round I asked her why she thought we were getting numerous eggs but no normal ones. Her response was she basically didn’t know. It felt like she just hadn’t thought about it.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The ones they took your blood were very nice. They had the most compassion out of any at New Hope.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
You are a number. Especially if you are upstairs. The receptionists do not care that this is one of the most sensitive things someone could go through. The actual office is lovely. You must keep on top of them and insist on the treatment that you want. If you call and want to speak with a doctor they will tell you it’s not possible. You have to insist and make a scene. They almost had me cancel a cycle because on my retrieval day they had a mistake in their system saying we owed money. We didn’t, we paid the full amount the day before. They were causally looking into it until I insisted that I get my sonogram so they can do my retrieval. One tech said sorry, if you haven’t paid we can’t do anything. She was so rude. Especially because we did pay. They never apologized.
This was actually great. You had a large window and rarely a long wait time. The Dr did most of the sonograms, if she was there. She only came in 3 days a week. In 3 retrieval she never did ours
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center.
It’s was about $6000 plus medication. This was only retrieval. We never got to transfer.
Describe Jennifer Kulp Makarov's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
They prefer single
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
They were just disorganized. They would wait to tell you what you needed even if it required you to go to a pharmacy. Ine time they never emailed me with directions. They often didn’t call in prescriptions but the pharmacy thankfully knew us and knew it was a mistake and would give us the prescription.
Jennifer Kulp Makarov
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr. Merhi is confident and cheerful and I can truly appreciate that feeling of optimism. He did one of my retrievals and it was so painful, but that was perhaps due to a follicule being, as he put it candidly, “in China”. I don’t interact with him as much as I’d like. I really would love more phone calls but I do feel I can assertively seek him out and will be ensured a response.
New Hope is a bustling and big clinic. ... I wish that someone had provided a personal orientation to the clinic! It’s so hard to navigate these places under high stress and alone. I didn’t understand processes and felt overwhelmed by self advocacy and confusion. ... Nursing staff is more communicative through the patient portal. ... I’d love a counselor to be on staff permanent and as a feature of care for the patient.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Prepare yourself for a big clinic. Alter your expectations if you think this will be a more personal exchange. I am having a very different experience than I had with Dr. Davis of RMA but I believe in the clinic’s competence.
New Hope is a bustling and big clinic. I had come from an experience with Dr. Joseph Davis at RMA which was intimate and human to human. Dr. Davis left his practice and since I had frozen eggs with NHFC, I am now with Dr. Merhi. I really appreciate his cheerful optimism and true willingness to try with me. Although the place is high paced and run like a machine, I feel confidence in the practice.
Initially, I went in to freeze eggs. Dr. Merhi suggested I fertilize them as he instructed embryos had better survivability. My status with my partner did not allow the confidence to move ahead so I froze eggs. I tried, several months later (after my relationship ended) two donor sperm IUIs (one with Dr. Davis-RMA and one with Merhi’s staff). IUI was unsuccessful and I wasn’t thrilled that the Merhi’s clinic kept me waiting, delayed in the reception area bc of some administrative error. I made a written comment but did not receive a reply. Now, I’ve moved on to create one embryo and one mosaic embryo. I am on the verge of meeting with my doc to talk about the viability of the mosaic. I am surprised I wasn’t told about mosaics in my first fertilization round / genetics testing, but Merhi says that it wasn’t available then.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Nursing staff is more communicative through the patient portal. I was slow to understanding this and therefore felt frustration when I wasn’t getting phone calls. Generally the staff is kind, one junior doctor (a female) is not compassionate.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Generally, these guys are a well-oiled machine. Only once, after many monitoring experiences that went well, did they have an admin issue and make me wait even though I had been cleared by Finance! The nurses providing the sonograms are generally nice and competent.
Insurance is mercifully covering monitoring (I still pay $40 copay). The genetics tests is expensive $2-$5K. The retrievals are $1500-2000.
Merhi will move one at a time. Although, and I will find out, he may move 1 normal and 1 mosaic together.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
My issue is one of communication. In a high stress time, I really need someone to sit with me and speak clearly, explaining my options. I’ve gotten much savvier in this process, but the stress was tough. I’d love a counselor to be on staff permanent and as a feature of care for the patient.
New Hope Fertility Center

You won't see her [Dr. Lana Lipkin] all the time, so take advantage of your meetings and calls with her. Have all your questions prepared. She knows her stuff...She's smart and a whip, was very patient, and answered any and every question I asked in our in-person talks. If it ever felt impersonal, it was due to the having to use New Hope's email service as communication between visits. Sometimes nurses respond instead of Lipkin for things that they could handle. But, for the important things, Lipkin made sure to call me in a timely manner and I always feel comforted afterwards. I feel like I'm in good hands and that I'm not broken.
If it ever felt impersonal, it was due to the having to use New Hope's email service as communication between visits. Sometimes nurses respond instead of [Dr.] Lipkin for things that they could handle...Some phlebotomists could be gentler and have more experience with lighter veins or darker skin. The nurses answer questions in a pretty timely way over the email portal, but there were a few times that were frustrating. I've had to email for further clarification on directions given by nurses.
How was your experience with Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Lipkin has a very straightforward way of talking, but more so like someone who knows what she's talking about a not a blunt, rude person. Talking with her instantly makes me feel better because she's so smart and clever, even. She's one of those people who's nodding in understanding before I'm done bumbling through my half-formed questions. She listens as well as she advises, which is awesome. She's a very busy person, but she finds time to call back or meet in person, whichever is most convenient. I'm glad I chose her.
You won't see her all the time, so take advantage of your meetings and calls with her. Have all your questions prepared. She knows her stuff.
Dr. Lipkin's pretty awesome. She's smart and a whip, was very patient, and answered any and every question I asked in our in-person talks. If it ever felt impersonal, it was due to the having to use New Hope's email service as communication between visits. Sometimes nurses respond instead of Lipkin for things that they could handle. But, for the important things, Lipkin made sure to call me in a timely manner and I always feel comforted afterwards. I feel like I'm in good hands and that I'm not broken.
Describe the protocols Lana Lipkin used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
First cycle: birth control pills for a week, 300 units of Gonal-F per shot until they later reduce, Clomid, Letrozole, and Cetrotide taken in separated parts. Second cycle: the same, but the Gonal-F units were smaller.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
It's a mixed bag, but overall good. Some phlebotomists could be gentler and have more experience with lighter veins or darker skin. The nurses answer questions in a pretty timely way over the email portal, but there were a few times that were frustrating. I've had to email for further clarification on directions given by nurses.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strengths: They're efficient, overall friendly, and many of them genuinely feel like they want the best for us. Their numbers as far as pregnancies and IVF cycles are great. Their operating hours are unmatched, even during COVID in the city. It's right next to many trains in Manhattan. Weaknesses: The scent of the office is strong, too perfume-y. The ads on the televisions should be more diverse, not just white babies. Some people may feel their efficient way of meeting patients feels assembly line-ish. Their billing department could really use more help.
The monitoring happens at every visit or appointment. Your name will come up next to its own monitoring room number on the television, so pay attention!
Roughly 10k, give or take. Much cheaper than the competition.
Lana Lipkin
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr. Makarov is very nice and she helped me understand how the whole IVF journey would go as it was my first time. She encouraged us to switch our insurance company so that we could have more IVF cycles for the new year which we didn't realize was an option. A lot of times I felt a little lost as to what the big picture plan would be which I guess can be the nature of IVF...You may be someone who won't need too much meds/stimulation to be successful but if you're like me (DOR), you may need more and I wish I would have figured this out earlier and started somewhere else.
They [New Hope Fertility Center staff] get you in and out very quickly and the whole place is a very well-oiled machine. The Billing department is very on top of it and good at explaining the costs etc. The clinic itself is very conveniently located and has great hours for monitoring. Again, understand their specialty which is 'natural and mini IVF'...Monitoring was any time from 7am-2pm during the week and 7-12pm on the weekends. There were a lot of different ultrasound technicians that would perform ultrasounds when the doctor was too busy or wasn't in (on the weekends)
Understand that NHFC is a very very busy clinic that specializes in 'natural IVF'. You may be someone who won't need too much meds/stimulation to be successful but if you're like me (DOR), you may need more and I wish I would have figured this out earlier and started somewhere else.
The clinic is super busy and it was hard to get a chance to talk to her even though she was doing my ultrasounds almost every day. She is very nice and happy to explain things but super busy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nurses were really nice and caring. Sometimes I wasn't sure if they seemed to remember me and my specific needs/issues which I know is hard because they must have so many patients that they are caring for at one time.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
They get you in and out very quickly and the whole place is a very well-oiled machine. The Billing department is very on top of it and good at explaining the costs etc. The clinic itself is very conveniently located and has great hours for monitoring. Again, understand their specialty which is 'natural and mini IVF'. They offer regular IVF but didn't start there for me and maybe they should have.
Monitoring was any time from 7am-2pm during the week and 7-12pm on the weekends. There were a lot of different ultrasound technicians that would perform ultrasounds when the doctor was too busy or wasn't in (on the weekends). The clinic seemed to hire a bunch of new technicians when I was going there and it just felt like so many different people were caring for you that I would worry info would be lost among all of these moving parts.
Jennifer Kulp Makarov
New Hope Fertility Center
He is very knowledgeable and he doesn’t turn you away if you are over 40. In my case he told me egg freezing should be my number one priority.... Also he suggested MINI IVF based on my endometriosis in which I had surgery for and did a successful retrieval 7 days after my NYU surgery to remove 1 Fallopian tube 2 fibroids and polyp. Dr Zheng doesn’t give up on you and his office is innovative and high tech so they are current in the latest advancements in reproductive medicine.
Strengths. - they [New Hope Fertility Center] will work with women in their 40s using their own eggs, they have a smooth system during Registration and Monitoring, nice office, great refreshments, the staff working in egg retrieval are very supportive during egg retrieval. ... [Clinic Errors] Not calling in prescriptions ... Weakness- Billing is always done before a procedure giving you the feeling like they think you’re going to run off without paying, they prefer cash rather billing your insurance. It’s a business but they’re too money hungry.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
He is very knowledgeable and he doesn’t turn you away if you are over 40. In my case he told me egg freezing should be my number one priority. He said I can make you have a baby at 55 but at 55 I cannot retrieve eggs. Also he suggested MINI IVF based on my endometriosis in which I had surgery for and did a successful retrieval 7 days after my NYU surgery to remove 1 Fallopian tube 2 fibroids and polyp. Dr Zheng doesn’t give up on you and his office is innovative and high tech so they are current in the latest advancements in reproductive medicine.
Make sure you have the time to put into the process because right before egg retrieval you have to go to the office for daily monitoring which is time consuming. The office runs well like a well machine you can be in an out and they have great refreshments. It’s a very comfortable and nice office.
It’s a very busy clinic with a flat screen TV that you look for your name to get blood drawn, sonogram, and billing. They seem concerned about billing as they want you to pay first. If they made you pay last it would have a different vibe.
Low dose birth control pills (1/2 a pill for 14 days) 5 - 7 days of Clomid 50mg 1/2 a pill, lupron trigger shot then egg retrieval for MINI IVF. THIS PROTOCAL WILL ONLY YIELD 1 or 2 eggs for retrieval however as a more natural cycle it will yield quality over quantity
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
When ever I had questions they were always available to answer in person or via email
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strengths. - they will work with women in their 40s using their own eggs, they have a smooth system during Registration and Monitoring, nice office, great refreshments, the staff working in egg retrieval are very supportive during egg retrieval. Weakness- Billing is always done before a procedure giving you the feeling like they think you’re going to run off without paying, they prefer cash rather billing your insurance. It’s a business but they’re too money hungry.
Well oiled machine
$800 per month unlimited monitoring $1250 egg retrieval $800 for genetic testing $2700 for embryo testing
Not yet
Not calling in prescriptions
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr Mehri was always familiar with my case and what was going on when we spoke. He was personable and empathetic.... He was friendly, personable, and cared about me as a patient. Flexible and willing to try things that I wanted, even when he didn’t think they would make a difference. Very responsive to emailed questions.... [Protocols] Mini ivf - 150 gonal F, 50 clomid, 2.5 letrazole. Goal was quality over quantity.... 1 PGS embryo. Multiple embryos if untested.
Bloodwork and ultrasound nurses [New Hope Fertility Center] were very pleasant. There were some communication issues (protocol mix up) when emailing with nurses for instructions.... Very efficient monitoring system. Never waited longer than 1/2 hour for monitoring. Great monitoring hours (7am to 1pm). Not all patients opt for general anesthesia (most do local). I did general and the anesthesiologist that they hire from an outside agency
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
make sure you request that he (and not the general team) follows your case.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Bloodwork and ultrasound nurses were very pleasant. There were some communication issues (protocol mix up) when emailing with nurses for instructions.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Very efficient monitoring system. Never waited longer than 1/2 hour for monitoring. Great monitoring hours (7am to 1pm). Not all patients opt for general anesthesia (most do local). I did general and the anesthesiologist that they hire from an outside agency was late which caused my retrieval to be delayed by 45 minutes and caused me a lot of anxiety.
An efficient well oiled machine. Your first name appears on tv monitors in the large waiting room letting you know when to go back for bloodwork, ultrasound, or billing dept.
$4000 for a retrieval freeze all cycle plus $800 for 1 month of monitoring.
1 PGS embryo. Multiple embryos if untested.
New Hope Fertility Center
[Dr. Zhang is a] Knowledgable and experienced doctor but overall care lack communication and interpersonal care...dont expect to be updated about course of treatment and explained why certain procedures are done...barely saw the doctor, only came into the clinic to do blood work and ultrasound and communicated with others such as RNs through email. Communication through email was not always responsive. I needed to know why after each cycle, I still haven't conceived yet and if there were any concerns in regards to my fertility health but was not communicated to me. Poor communication and not an interpersonal clinic.
barely saw the doctor [at New Hope Fertility Center] , only came into the clinic to do blood work and ultrasound and communicated with others such as RNs through email. Communication through email was not always responsive. I needed to know why after each cycle, I still haven't conceived yet and if there were any concerns in regards to my fertility health but was not communicated to me. Poor communication and not an interpersonal clinic.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
clinic with experienced doctors and nurses. they try to be professional and compassionate. the clinic site looks well maintained. But truly lacking in interpersonal communication and you will be left in the dark about the plan of treatment even if you are in the medical profession. The clinic feels like a 'baby mill'.
it was definitely expensive for just bloodwork and sonogram
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
i missed one dose of oral pills to stimulate ovulation multiple times because medication was not called in to my pharmacy and since the clinic closes early, I was not able to contact anyone to put in my time sensitive medications so I only took 4/5 oral pills.
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr. Zhang was very friendly and extremely smart. I got the feeling that he is very busy though and I my biggest fear with New Hope is that I would get lost in the mix. However, Dr. Zhang is very personable, kind and seemed confident with his plan for me.... He recommended a mini IVF because of my age (39) with PGD testing and then eSET.... He was very much in favor of eSET due to risks of multiples.... Know that you will be seeing ultrasound techs
The biggest strength I believe is their very reasonable pricing. Also, they [New Hope Fertility] have a strong belief in natural/low stim IVF cycles especially with older women as they believe it helps with egg quality. The weakness for me was the factory like feeling there.... I got the impression that New Hope is a very well run factory. I felt shuffled along and sort of lost along the way.... Dr. Zhang was very friendly and extremely smart. I got the feeling
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Know that you will be seeing ultrasound techs and not the doctor very often.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
They seemed very confident and kind.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The biggest strength I believe is their very reasonable pricing. Also, they have a strong belief in natural/low stim IVF cycles especially with older women as they believe it helps with egg quality. The weakness for me was the factory like feeling there.
My insurance covered everything.
He was very much in favor of eSET due to risks of multiples.
New Hope Fertility Center
He [Dr. Zhang] does not look at every case thoroughly and adjust treatment accordingly. He changes treatment plan with high risk. In one of my cycles, he ignored a dominant follicle and gave me clomid to grow the other follicles. When the other follicles did not grow, he advised to retrieve the dominant one which was 30 mm and rotten... I’ve done mini Ivf and natural ivf. The procedures were good. However there were a lack of proper data analysis to customize and alter treatment
Each cycle is about 5550 without medication... Good condition, toilets are sometimes dirty, hygiene ...... Accounts [New Hope Fertility] are difficult to communicate with... laboratory is quick but they don’t process blood work after 2 pm in case of emergency. Bad communication between NHFC and genetic test labs... Well organized but not much of an emotional support... I’ve done mini Ivf and natural ivf. The procedures were good.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
He does not look at every case thoroughly and adjust treatment accordingly. He changes treatment plan with high risk. In one of my cycles, he ignored a dominant follicle and gave me clomid to grow the other follicles. When the other follicles did not grow, he advised to retrieve the dominant one which was 30 mm and rotten
Don’t put lots of hope.
Not looking into each patient case.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Well organized but not much of an emotional support
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Good condition, toilets are sometimes dirty, hygiene ...... Accounts are difficult to communicate with... laboratory is quick but they don’t process blood work after 2 pm in case of emergency. Bad communication between NHFC and genetic test labs
Each cycle is about 5550 without medication
New Hope Fertility Center
Don’t expect to see him [Dr. John Zhang] on your visits...I hardly ever saw him only in the beginning and plan for transfer...he talks really fast, at times it’s hard to understand him...I mostly see NP and ultrasound tech. They ensure me that Dr Zhang goes over my chart but then again I don’t know if it’s him or someone else...[protocol included] Birth control pills, clomid, Ganirelix injection...They don’t explain why they chose a protocol or explain why changes were made
[Nurses at New Hope Fertility Center are] Very professional and answer as much as they can...They don’t explain why they chose a protocol or explain why changes were made...They have no remorse for self paying patients. They want their money upfront and charge for everything. They refuse to use insurance for blood work or ultrasound for insurances that don’t cover fertility...Don’t expect to see him [Dr. John Zhang] on your visits...I hardly ever saw him only in the beginning and plan for transfer...he talks really fast, at times it’s hard to understand him...I mostly see NP and ultrasound tech. They ensure me that Dr Zhang goes over my chart but then again I don’t know if it’s him or som
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr Zhang came highly recommended by my GYN. However I hardly see him and he talks really fast, at times it’s hard to understand him. I put my trust in him through my GYN. I mostly see NP and ultrasound tech. They ensure me that Dr Zhang goes over my chart but then again I don’t know if it’s him or someone else.
Don’t expect to see him on your visits
I hardly ever saw him only in the beginning and plan for transfer
Birth control pills, clomid, Ganirelix injection.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Very professional and answer as much as they can
I spent over $25,000 already
I only have one normal Pgs tested embroyo
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
They don’t explain why they chose a protocol or explain why changes were made
New Hope Fertility Center

He [Dr. John Zhang] is straight to the point...We did Mini IVF and ICSI because of male factor infertility...I felt like a human because I always had my questions answered through emails...is very knowledgeable and did not push any extra procedures. He was straight to the point. He explained everything that was going to happen. If i needed to speak to him in person he was usually around in the morning when I was having monitoring...
They [doctors at New Hope Fertility Center] prefer one embryo at a time but we chose two and they let us...They do not sugar coat things, they say exactly what and why and how things are happening. They communicate mostly through email. Their are a few different departments but you mostly deal with the nursing department and the prescription department...I felt like a human because I always had my questions answered through emails.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr Zhang is very knowledgeable and did not push any extra procedures. He was straight to the point. He explained everything that was going to happen. If i needed to speak to him in person he was usually around in the morning when I was having monitoring.
He is straight to the point.
I felt like a human because I always had my questions answered through emails.
We did Mini IVF and ICSI because of male factor infertility
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nursing staff answered each and every question I had. They were helpful with the entire process.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Monitoring was from 7am-1pm which was very convenient. I would go right before work and make it in time. Results of blood tests were given within 4-5 hours and clear instructions were always provided.
They prefer one embryo at a time but we chose two and they let us