6.2
6.2

4 Columbus Circle

Dr. Liu is very insightful caring and innovative. He doesn't give up in the face of challenges or set backs. He modified treatment plans for the best possible outcome. He communicates with you every step of the way and is always encouraging you along the way...From the very beginning I was treated with the utmost respect and care and was told for the first time that I could have a baby using my own eggs.
The clinic [New Hope] is the most comfortable atmosphere I've ever been in.... The front desk staff is always helpful and pleasant...the nursing staff is very diligent in answering questions ordering medication and making sure that you have everything you need to undergo treatment....Monitoring is set up in the most efficient and caring way. You check in and then look for your name to pop up on the screen signaling it's your turn. Nurses nd staff are always friendly and efficient and they get to know you personally.
How was your experience with Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Liu is very insightful caring and innovative. He doesn't give up in the face of challenges or set backs. He modified treatment plans for the best possible outcome. He communicates with you every step of the way and is always encouraging you along the way. I highly respected him for his honesty and would recommended him to everyone.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center?
When visiting Dr. LIU it is best to be as informed as possible about your specific needs and concerns. Dr. LIU will answer all of your questions with detailed explanations. He almost gives you a mini lesson in such a sweet way if you truly want to understand something more in depth. Bring all your questions no matter how insignificant they may seem he will be happy to answer them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. LIU is the most positive and motivated fertility doctor that I hve ever met. He passes along his enthusiasm and profound insight onto his patients. He is honest caring and very proactive always trying to tweak treatment to get the best possible results. As a woman in her 40's with DOR and tubal related infertility, I had gone to another fertility center where I was always left feeling discouraged and told on several occasions that I should consider donor eggs. I made a decision to leave this other reputable clinic and opted to give New Hope and Dr. LIU a chance. I'm glad I did. From the very beginning I was treated with the utmost respect and care and was told for the first time that I could have a baby using my own eggs. At first I was skeptical after all I had been told at the previous clinic but after 2 ivf cycles with Dr. LIU, I was able to create 3 embryos. Dr. LIU has encouraged me every step of the way and even when I said that maybe I would consider donor eggs, he said no ..I believe you can have a baby with your own. This brought tears to my eyes and hope to my heart. Dr. LIU is very passionate about helping his patients no matter what their medical issues are. I appreciate him and everyone at New Hope they truly gave me my hope back when I was in a very dark place. I am trying to gather financing for 1 more ivf cycle/transfer so that we can finally try for our baby. Dr. LIU is someone I would highly recommended to anyone. He is innovative and always encourages you to believe that anything is possible.
Describe the protocols Zitao Liu used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Dr. LIU prescribes 1/2 dose of bcp's prior to starting a cycle for 10 day only as to not over supress my ovaries. I was also put on Clomid and Letrozole to stimulate multiple follicle development which I responded to nicely. I used a mini ivf protocol with minimal gondateopin injections ( gonal f) 75-150 for about 10-12 day. Cetrotide was used the last 3 days of stimulation in order to prevent ovulation. Lupron 20 mg was used as a trigger shot along with 1/2 dose of Ganirelex. This cycle resulted in 7 eggs retrieved 5 fertilized 2 made it to Blast.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nursing staff is very diligent in answering questions ordering medication and making sure that you have everything you need to undergo treatment.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is the most comfortable atmosphere I've ever been in. As soon as you walk in you smell relaxing scented oils and hear beautiful meditation music playing in the background. It's very bright and spacious. Plenty of comfortable seats and a large beautifully lit fish tank that you can gaze upon. They have big tv screens where your first name and last initial pop up so that you know it's your turn to go in for either blood work or sonogram. The front desk staff is always helpful and pleasant . They offer wonderful refreshments such as coffee tea and cucumber lemon water as well as healthy snacks such as fruit and oatmeal cookies while you wait. It's such a relaxing place.
Monitoring is set up in the most efficient and caring way. You check in and then look for your name to pop up on the screen signaling it's your turn. Nurses nd staff are always friendly and efficient and they get to know you personally. I loved how efficient and easy monitoring is.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center.
A typical IVF cycle for egg retrieval and fertilization under a mini ivf can cost up to $4500-5500. Depending if you are doing a frozen 5 day or fresh 3 day transfer. There is a separate flat rate monitoring fee of $800 Medications is separate and I acquired it through my insurance with co payments.
Describe Zitao Liu's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
Dr. LIU recommended multiple embryo transfer due to my age in order to increase pregnancy chances.
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr. Merhi explains everything very clearly and is always happy to speak with me or email with me whenever I have questions or concerns. He's a little bougie, but always friendly & kind. He does research once a week, which I like. He's paying attention to all the latest research.... He used birth control pills to prep cycles. He, like the other doctors at New Hope, is comfortable with low or no dose protocols. I also used clomid at the beginning of cycle a few times. I've never made more than 6 eggs tops, but that's fine there. They aim for quality over quantity, which fits my body better than traditional treatments.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Be clear about your priorities. Dr. Merhi will make best efforts to accommodate.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Merhi always found time to speak with me whenever I asked. And he always responded to my emails quickly. I felt like my protocols were always specific to me and they never tried to fit me into a general protocol. Most of the nurses are great. Not every day was perfect but most were just fine and efficient.
Describe the protocols Zaher Merhi used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Many are great. Some are more chatty & personable than others. New Hope does a lot of monitoring, so I definitely had favorites. I have found the post retrieval nurses to be my least favorite. They are inattentive & occasionally rude. This may be due in part to a language barrier and cultural differences.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
They see a lot of people. Unlike other clinics that have limited monitoring hours, New Hope offers monitoring from 7am - 2pm, which is great. I have definitely felt like a number there, but sometimes that's fine. Sometimes I just want to get in & out as fast as possible. The best days I was done in 20 min. The worst I wasn't properly input into the system and waited over an hour just to get the blood draw. Many of the doctors are not native English speakers and some have challenging accents. I appreciate that this clinic is independent and values new research.
It's fairly well-oiled machine. Some days were better than others. Some times of day are better than others too.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center.
The cost is significantly less than the other clinics we looked at. The procedures are less costly and they prescribed fewer medications at lower doses.
Describe Zaher Merhi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
Dr. Merhi is very against multiple embryo transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
Twice I didn't get an email with my instructions and had to call and hunt someone down to give me the info. On the other hand, they once went out of their way to help me get a prescription quickly so I could travel.
New Hope Fertility Center

This clinic [New Hope] is open seven days a week for monitoring, which is great. Unfortunately they only do egg retrievals before about 11:30 so that means doing a natural retrieval is impossible and you have to use a trigger. ...The embryology department did not always keep us informed about how many embryos were still surviving. They seem to be extremely busy...The nursing staff seems very busy. Some of them are nice but a couple are uncaring and downright rude;
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
I think he is kind and has a good personality. He does not have the massive ego that a lot of doctors have. However, he is very busy so you won't see him much. Although you can request to see him sometimes and you can pay another fee to get follow up consultations. I really do not know how good he is because he does not explain why he is doing things in this way instead of that way so I can't evaluate the why of what he does or evaluate his thinking skills. I am a person who likes to understand the reasons that decisions are being made so this is not the best style for me. But I'm not sure that any ivf doctors really explain much about their decisions to the patients.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
This is a busy clinic. It can be frustrating sometimes as a patient because you can feel like a widget on an assembly line. On the other hand, there are some ways that they automatically personalize the service in ways that other clinics do not. For example, you get to decide for yourself whether you want to use sedation for egg retrieval or not. I prefer not, which saves us $500 each time. I also do not like sedation so I am happy I can choose not to use it. Most ivf clinics will not allow you this choice. I have inquired at many clinics and 99% force you to use sedation even if you are only retrieving one to three eggs. I do not think that is a reasonable approach and I think it is disrespectful to the patient to take away their right to make medical decisions about things that are not truly a necessary part of a procedure. I think allowing the patient this choice is part of the general approach of respecting the patient so this is one of the things I love about New Hope.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
This is a very busy clinic, which allows them to keep their costs low. They are much cheaper than any other clinic I have contacted in America and I have called many. Because of their high volume, I don't think they really have time for a lot of very individualized attention but they do their best. Dr. Zhang is really very nice. All their doctors are very nice. The nurses are hit or miss.
Describe the protocols John Zhang used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I mostly did natural cycles with mini or ultra mini ivf a couple times. This is because I am at an age where I don't have many eggs to conventional just would not do anything beneficial for me and would have some negatives. We have two five day blasts frozen. We did not pgs test them so we do not know if they are aneuploidy. We were told that at my age, the likelihood is that they will not have normal chromosomes. The clinic let us decide whether to test them and did not pressure us either way. We are trying to collect and freeze several five day blastocysts while we can and implant later.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nursing staff seems very busy. Some of them are nice but a couple are uncaring and downright rude; these ones may not have much empathy for the amount of money the patients are spending or the mental stress of being infertile. In our case, we have spent all of our savings and then had to stop making attempts and then saved again for almost a year to try again because for us it will be a numbers game. The doctors said that my fertility is unusually good for my age but our chances of a baby are better if we can freeze several embryos. We will never regret using all our savings for this and all future savings. However, it is a big sacrifice and it is an all day round trip drive for us every time we go there. I also suffer from extreme motion sickness so when we arrive at the clinic, I am always feeling very ill. Everything about undergoing ivf on a budget is extremely difficult. The doctors seem to understand this but some of the nurses often seem to lack the maturity to understand what the patients are experiencing.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
This clinic is open seven days a week for monitoring, which is great. Unfortunately they only do egg retrievals before about 11:30 so that means doing a natural retrieval is impossible and you have to use a trigger. I think this is common for most clinics. At least they are open seven days a week. Many clinics close on Saturdays and/or Sundays. As I mentioned, they allow you to do retrievals without sedation if you want, which also saves you $500 and in my opinion is healthier for your brain. They have an in house lab for the standard monitoring bloodwork. They get good prices on outside lab work. Monitoring is much cheaper there than at other clinics I have researched. I don't like the smell they pump in to the clinic. We call it the New Hope smell and our clothes/coats/hair reek of it after being there. We are both very smell sensitive so we wish they would not use any fragrances in the clinic. I have not done any cycles at other clinics so I do not know what the differences are in how much individual attention you get.
Monitoring is very efficient. You go when you can get there and the wait is usually not that long.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center.
It depends on what you do. It is much cheaper than most clinics if you are paying for your own cycles. We have never had insurance which covers ivf so I have no idea how that would work.
Describe John Zhang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
It seems that the doctor and clinic overall prefer to implant one embryo because they feel this gives the overall highest chance for success. But I think they allow the patient to decide this within reason.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
The embryology department did not always keep us informed about how many embryos were still surviving. They seem to be extremely busy. It feels like torture a little bit to wonder day after day whether our embryos were still growing or had been disposed of. Usually they email you to tell you that but not always. One cycle when we did not get any news, I kept calling trying to find out. I left messages and emails but did not hear anything. When I finally asked the receptionist about it, she was a bit nasty about telling me that the embryology department is very busy taking care of embryos and do not have time for me. I told her that all i wanted to know is whether our embryos from nearly a week before were still living or had been disposed of. I can guess the embryology department might be overwhelmed. I can only hope that they are at least taking good care of the embryos. The doctors seem to be conscientious so I do believe that they are doing a good job behind the scenes.
New Hope Fertility Center

He [Dr. Liu] is nice. Like the other doctors there, he doesn't really explain why they are using the medications or such. I don't think most patients want to know as much as we do...he has a kind and respectful demeanor and he does not have the big ego that a lot of doctors have....I like it that you can choose to do egg retrievals without sedation. Most clinics will not allow the patient this choice...
Usually you get an email from embryology telling you if your embryos made it but once we had no idea for days and had difficulty getting this information....I like the monitoring here. It is very efficient and you come when you want to (mornings and maybe afternoons?)..The clinic [New Hope] is very busy but does monitoring and retrievals every morning seven days a week. They are very economically priced compared to most clinics in America.
How was your experience with Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center?
He is nice. Like the other doctors there, he doesn't really explain why they are using the medications or such. I don't think most patients want to know as much as we do. I'm not sure any ivf doctors would explain much anywhere else either but I don't know.
I don't know.
I like Dr. Liu. Like Dr. Zhang, he has a kind and respectful demeanor and he does not have the big ego that a lot of doctors have.
We've done natural and mini ivfs at the clinic. I really can't remember specifically which times we did what. I don't have many follicles but we do have a couple of frozen blasts after this that we did not choose to pgs test because of finances and other reasons.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
They are busy. Some of them are nice and some seem to not to have much empathy or understanding of the sacrifices and difficulties of being infertile and paying for ivf.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is very busy but does monitoring and retrievals every morning seven days a week. They are very economically priced compared to most clinics in America. I like it that you can choose to do egg retrievals without sedation. Most clinics will not allow the patient this choice.
It depends on what you are doing. The clinic is much cheaper than most US ivf clinics. We didn't use insurance so I don't know about that at all.
I'm not sure. We have not planned any transfers yet.
New Hope Fertility Center

He [Dr. Liu] doesn't remember your chart and has no clue what he is doing. After my 1st failed embryo implantation, he failed to convey what his plan was to improve chances for 2nd embryo transfer. My 2nd embryo did not implant and he only told me after that it was not a good embryo and had very little chances of implantation...Poor communicator...never available to answer my questions or guide me about the approach
There are a lot of nurses at New Hope and there is no 1 single nurse you will communicate with. I had a different nurse every time I went there or someone who sent me a protocol for medications. If you have any questions, the nurses are not very fast to respond to/ get in touch with...The clinic failed to inform anything about medications or why the plan was changed...They have monitoring hours from only 7am-3pm. You cannot book an appointment and sometimes the wait time was almost an hour to get blood work and sonogram. They don't handle special requests such as if you have to leave early, etc. For instance, one day I needed to get out by a certain time to catch the train and they were like-"we can't do anything about it, you have to wait"
How was your experience with Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center?
Strengths: None Weaknesses: Poor communicator. It is nearly impossible to understand what Dr Liu says because of his accent. During one of my Hysteroscopy procedures, he started talking to me in Chinese without thinking that I don't know the language. He doesn't remember your chart and has no clue what he is doing. After my 1st failed embryo implantation, he failed to convey what his plan was to improve chances for 2nd embryo transfer. My 2nd embryo did not implant and he only told me after that it was not a good embryo and had very little chances of implantation.
Do not waste your time to see him.
The staff and doctors at New Hope are just trying to process your blood work and sonogram. They don't take a look at your history and don't remember which medications you have been taking. Dr Liu was never available to answer my questions or guide me about the approach
I was given Follistim for about 10 days before egg retrieval. Post embryo transfer, I was taking Progesterone in oil shots to help the embryo implant and increase progesterone in blood. My endometrium lining is also on the thinner side, so I was taking estrogen supplements every day
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strengths: Mini ivf for anyone looking for less invasive IVF Weaknesses: Majority of staff is Chinese here, so it is very tough to understand what they are saying including Dr Zhang. No communications about treatment plan/ changes in protocol. Billing is very slow as well. They would keep sending me bills instead of getting it from insurance and would never respond to my emails. Almost feels like a mill..too many people and no personalized approach
My insurance covered most of it but i paid around $2k for genetic testing, medications and copay
My doctor recommended single embryo transfer as he thought I had a smaller body frame and we should avoid any risks with twins
New Hope Fertility Center

Talking to Dr. Merhi for our inital consultation, he was fantastic. Warm, personable and seemed to be very confident. After that, I was basically handed off to nurses and not allowed to speak to the Doctor anymore. ...They push you into not having anesthesia during the egg retrievals at New Hope. I pushed back initially, explaining that my ovaries had a tendency to hide, and that was uncomfortable with just getting an ultrasound. But I trusted them, and did the procedure with only a uterine local. It was traumatizing. They had to bring in a nurse from the other room to push on my stomach to get to my ovary. The constant filling my uterus with liquids made me think of an abortion, which is not what you want to be thinking of when the doctor is retrieving your eggs.
The lobby is nice [at New Hope Fertility Center], and they seem to be well organized on the surface. But they are flashy with no substance. The nursing staff is disorganized, with too many cooks in the kitchen. You have to just know what to do. You wait for your name to flash on the screen to get bloodwork done (it says your chair number). Then you go back to the waiting room to wait for your name & the ultrasound room. To go to the ultrasound room, you walk through the bloodwork area and through a bunch of nurses, who say nothing to you. They do your ultrasound and just leave. Very impersonal, you're just a number.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
They push you into not having anesthesia during the egg retrievals at New Hope. I pushed back initially, explaining that my ovaries had a tendency to hide, and that was uncomfortable with just getting an ultrasound. But I trusted them, and did the procedure with only a uterine local. It was traumatizing. They had to bring in a nurse from the other room to push on my stomach to get to my ovary. The constant filling my uterus with liquids made me think of an abortion, which is not what you want to be thinking of when the doctor is retrieving your eggs. They told me it would take 5 minutes, it was closer to 30. Dr. Merhi took a break, as I was in so much pain. He said there were two eggs that he could get to, and I said to just keep going (now I realize that they should have stopped. I was crying and very upset). They kept going, and Dr. Merhi kept apologizing. The egg quality was bad, so neither eggs got past the operating room.
Dr. Merhi seems like a very nice person, but DO NOT GO TO THIS CLINIC. What they do and what they say are two very different things.
Talking to Dr. Merhi for our inital consultation, he was fantastic. Warm, personable and seemed to be very confident. After that, I was basically handed off to nurses and not allowed to speak to the Doctor anymore. Plus, the waiting room is like an upscale DMV.
He wanted to do mini-IVF, as I have low ovarian reserve. First cycle, birth control pills, then half a clomid for 7 days. Second (cancelled) cycle, birth control pills and 1/4 clomid for 7 days. He said that my previous clinic had been "overfeeding" my eggs, and he'd had much success with this method. No results produced whatsoever.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Samantha, Joanna, Laura, Iris, etc)
Disorganized and awful. The nurses (there are more than I can keep track of) all send you different emails. You ask them a question and the all give you different answers because there's no communication.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The lobby is nice, and they seem to be well organized on the surface. But they are flashy with no substance. The nursing staff is disorganized, with too many cooks in the kitchen. You have to just know what to do. You wait for your name to flash on the screen to get bloodwork done (it says your chair number). Then you go back to the waiting room to wait for your name & the ultrasound room. To go to the ultrasound room, you walk through the bloodwork area and through a bunch of nurses, who say nothing to you. They do your ultrasound and just leave. Very impersonal, you're just a number.
It felt like an upscale DMV. You checked in, and waited to see your name come up on a TV screen in the lobby that sent you to bloodwork or the ultrasound room.
It was covered by my insurance.
The reason why we went there - they bank embryos. I'd previously only done fresh cycles, and it wasn't working. They do multiple embryo transfer, but I think that was because of my age.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
They would tell me things at the very last minute (5pm when my pharmacy is closed and expect me to be able to get fertility medication). They would say "You have your trigger shot?" when it was never ordered.
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr Merhi did not even recognize me when I saw him in the clinic after the first initial consultation. When the transfer ended in a chemical pregnancy, he did not reach out to discuss next steps or share condolences. During the initial consultation he assured us that he would be the only doctor performing any procedures (transfer, water sono, practice transfer) on me. He didn't care to tell me the week before my transfer that he was not going to be in the clinic. Neither did he return my email after he returned to the clinic (which was after my transfer).
The clinic's [New Hope Fertility Center's] environment is very nice, calm and bright with daylight. There is a big electronic screen that shows you when your turn is up. The office is also conveniently located across the street from a subway stop. The appointments with their doctors are always over 1 hour wait. NO RESPECT for patient's time. When you ask where the doctor is, they tell you the doctor is in the OR.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr Merhi was very warm and provided a lot of details on the day of the initial consultation. He peppered us with follow up emails after the initial consultation. I never saw him in my morning monitoring appointments and he didn't contact me about the transfer, before or after.
Find a different doctor.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The team of nurses were always prompt to send my monitoring results with instructions. Any questions I send they always respond within a day or 12 hours.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic's environment is very nice, calm and bright with daylight. There is a big electronic screen that shows you when your turn is up. The office is also conveniently located across the street from a subway stop. The appointments with their doctors are always over 1 hour wait. NO RESPECT for patient's time. When you ask where the doctor is, they tell you the doctor is in the OR.
$3800 for FET. $350 for initial consultation. $500 for water sono.
New Hope only transfers 1 embryo at a time.
New Hope Fertility Center

DR. Zhang's mini IVF strategy uses less medication, more regular monitoring and a less invasive procedure. This procedures were done to adjust to our egg reserve and quality which have resulted in positive retrievals however no quality fertilization...has regular personal check ins and provides adjusted treatment practices to make sure we are being treated personally and in a sensitive way.
The strengths [at New Hope Fertility Center] are definitely the gentle treatment option and the efficiency of the practice operations. The only weakness I would say is that any of the doctors can provide input on your protocol and the treatment could be inconsistent. You can request to have consistency and limit your response to a couple doctors which has made a huge difference for us.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Zhang and Dr. Lipkin have been amazing during this process and have made every attempt to customize treatment to our needs. The monitoring experience reequires regular blood work and sonograms which have been difficult however we have been able to adjust the schedule to meet our needs and sync up to the staff that we prefer. The office staff and billing department are very transparent and accessible
The mini IVF process is a more gentile process than standard ivf and can take more cycles however it is less intense. I would suggest patients visit New Hope Fertility Center first before they go for a full IVF round at another clinic.
Dr. Zhang has regular personal check ins and provides adjusted treatment practices to make sure we are being treated personally and in a sensitive way.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nurses are available to discuss treatment and review directions or protocols.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The strengths are definitely the gentle treatment option and the efficiency of the practice operations. The only weakness I would say is that any of the doctors can provide input on your protocol and the treatment could be inconsistent. You can request to have consistency and limit your response to a couple doctors which has made a huge difference for us.
The office is open 7 days a week including holidays and the monitor lists your name after you check in to see where you should go. We have a condition which requires the phlebotomist be very sensitive and they definitely comply with that. The sonograms techs are always up front with results and will sometimes bring in a team leader if more information is needed.
Monitoring was about $600, retrievals and testing would be about $7k
We have not experienced this as of yet
New Hope Fertility Center

My first cycle and my current cycle have both been with a mini-IVF (low dose) protocol. This cycle, in response to issues from the last, Dr. Lipkin made several changes including lowering the dose of the injection and (planning to) leave a full 36 hours between trigger and retrieval instead of the 34 hours that was done last time...highly supportive of a single embryo transfer as the default as far as I can tell.
The nurses [at New Hope Fertility Center] have been great about walking me through the IVF process and helping answer everything from the “is this normal?” vein of questions to helping me schedule travel around upcoming IVF steps. While it can be difficult to get hold of nurses on the phone at times, they are great with email response and also in person. We have had several nurses really go above and beyond to help explain things and take time with us during this process
How was your experience with Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Lipkin is no nonsense. She’s not the most “touchy feely” but is compassionate nonetheless. I feel like I’m in very competent hands with her. She is patient and answers all my questions. She has also been good about not pushing us to do a retrieval during cycles that didn’t have many follicles. She doesn’t seem stuck on the clinic’s numbers but instead is focused on helping us get the outcome we want.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
You need to advocate for yourself at New Hope in general. If you have questions or want to meet with Dr. Lipkin, ask. It was not offered as often as I would prefer but whenever I requested to meet, I was able to do so fairly quickly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Lipkin is personable and takes the time to answer all my questions clearly and thoroughly each time I meet with her.
Describe the protocols Lana Lipkin used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nurses have been great about walking me through the IVF process and helping answer everything from the “is this normal?” vein of questions to helping me schedule travel around upcoming IVF steps. While it can be difficult to get hold of nurses on the phone at times, they are great with email response and also in person. We have had several nurses really go above and beyond to help explain things and take time with us during this process
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
New Hope has very experienced, smart doctors and their mini-IVF protocol, which I believe they pioneered there, is a great fit for our needs. It can sometimes feel like a bit of an infertility factory (ie impersonal, crowded waiting room, conveyor belt feeling when you go in for monitoring). That said, they are a well oiled machine and pretty much everyone there has been friendly with us, and occasionally gone above and beyond to bring the human touch to our experience. We are generally pleased so far with our experience there.
Generally, monitoring is smooth and runs like a well oiled machine. Occasionally, it will take a bit longer on busy mornings. I have noticed a range of thoroughness among the ultrasound technicians. Several times the people didn’t seem to look very carefully or thoroughly for follicles, but others are more methodical.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center.
We are currently under insurance (2 cycles) so it has just been co-pays plus about $500 for mini IVF medications.
Describe Lana Lipkin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
I have not made it to transfer yet, but New Hope in general and Dr. Lipkin specifically are highly supportive of a single embryo transfer as the default as far as I can tell.
Lana Lipkin
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr Makarov was so patient and took as much time with us as needed. I know that some other doctors in the practice do not always see their patients, but she saw us each time, unless she was on vacation or out of the office which was very rare. She answered every question we had and was always friendly. ...r Makarov's preference was for us to transfer a single embryo, as she felt there was more risk with multiples.
side from the great care that I received, It was always so clean, and well organized. Karen at the front desk was always so warm and sweet. I never experienced any doctor or staff member to be rude or nasty. ... It [monitoring appointments] was a very easy and straightforward process. ...Oksana and Joanna were my primary nurses and they were so helpful when in explaining next steps and answered any questions that I have.
How was your experience with Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr Makarov was kind and compassionate and always helped put our minds at ease, even when we got negative results, we moved onto the next step and she assured us that we would get pregnant. We fully trusted her judgement and treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center?
Make sure to ask all of your questions and ask her to be honest with you--she will be and will answer any question you have.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center?
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Oksana Marchuk)
Oksana and Joanna were my primary nurses and they were so helpful when in explaining next steps and answered any questions that I have. They were always so knowledgable, kind and compassionate.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Overall, I was very happy with the clinic. Aside from the great care that I received, It was always so clean, and well organized. Karen at the front desk was always so warm and sweet. I never experienced any doctor or staff member to be rude or nasty. Of course when you are going so often for monitoring and treatments, you may have a bad experience at some point but that's normal.
I would go between 8-9am on the day that they would tell me to come in. I would check in, and then wait for blood work and monitoring. Some days would take longer than others, but it really just depended on the day and the amount of people that were there. It was a very easy and straightforward process.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Kulp Makarov at New Hope Fertility Center.
It's expensive. No way around it, but if you're insurance doesn't cover IUIs and IVF, it's expensive. The costs at NHFC seem to be comparable to that of other clinics in NYC.
Describe Jennifer Kulp Makarov's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
Dr Makarov's preference was for us to transfer a single embryo, as she felt there was more risk with multiples.
Jennifer Kulp Makarov
New Hope Fertility Center

The facility works very much like a mill. Your name pops up on a screen when you are supposed to go to one room or another and often when you arrive as directed, the nurses don't know why you're there.... The facility was clean and the staff was clearly competent. However, there were frequently billing errors so that's something patients should focus on. New Hope was not in my insurance carrier's Center of Excellence so I paid for all care out of pocket.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Zhang did an excellent job of managing my expectations given my personal circumstances. He was even able to tell me (which he later substantiated via ultrasound) where my fibroids were located based on my description of my menstrual cycles since stopping birth control pills. The RE I saw after Dr. Zhang shared some things with me that suggested IUI was an irresponsible course of treatment for me given the placement of my fibroids. Having said that, I have no regrets about having tried the less invasive procedure because I always would have been curious if we'd gone straight to IVF.
We did three cycles of Clomid, only two of which we completed with IUI. A fill-in doctor convinced my husband that the risk of multiples was too great during our first cycle so we didn't do IUI. However, given my age, the chance of pregnancy was so low he needn't have worried we'd end up with multiples. The second cycle the dose of Clomid was lowered and we didn't get pregnant. The third cycle, the dose of Clomid was returned to the original and we didn't get pregnant. However, Dr. Zhang forewarned me that the placement of my fibroids made pregnancy very unlikely.
Approximately $800/IUI cycle
New Hope Fertility Center

He [Dr. Zhang] explained I had advanced low egg reserve for a woman my age, but that would not be a barrier. I remember him stating that all we needed was one good egg. He managed our expectations by explaining the process, how it takes time, their philosophy and approach to use minimal drugs, and their team would work with us to accomplish our goal.... When we first met Dr. Zhang, he stated they preferred to do single embryo transfer. However, we were given an option to do up to 2 embryo transfers, but we agreed the single was the best for us.
When we first came to New Hope, we had already been told by a previous and hospital affiliated clinic that the chances of us naturally having a family were slim, and to start considering other options, which we were open to. However, as one last effort, my husband found New Hope Fertility and we were uplifted after our first consultation with Dr. Zhang.... Strengths: - Throughout our journey, the nurses were great at answering all our questions, and were accessible via their email portal. The staff we met were patient and understanding, especially during the multiple appointments for bloodwork/sono, and doctor check-ins
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
When we first came to New Hope, we had already been told by a previous and hospital affiliated clinic that the chances of us naturally having a family were slim, and to start considering other options, which we were open to. However, as one last effort, my husband found New Hope Fertility and we were uplifted after our first consultation with Dr. Zhang. He explained I had advanced low egg reserve for a woman my age, but that would not be a barrier. I remember him stating that all we needed was one good egg. He managed our expectations by explaining the process, how it takes time, their philosophy and approach to use minimal drugs, and their team would work with us to accomplish our goal.
I've learned the entire process takes patience: between waiting for your cycle to start, bloodwork, sonogram, egg retrieval, success of fertilization, success of embryo going to Day 3/5, the ups and downs during any of those steps mentioned, patience & perseverance is necessary; surround yourself with the best possible support team - from Dr. Zhang and team of doctors and those in your personal life to support you during this journey.
- adjusted pills/hormones based on cycle prior to egg retrieval - hormones/pills in preparation for egg transfer - hormones/pills after transfer (successful transfer and pregnancy prior to being released to regular OB)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
When we were ready to try for our second child, the doctors and nurses were helpful at helping my body re-adjust, as I had just finished breastfeeding and was not consistently in a menstrual cycle. I trusted their advice. Also, seeing the same nurses from our first time, and the fact that some of them remembered us, we could sense how invested they were in our journey as well.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strengths: - Throughout our journey, the nurses were great at answering all our questions, and were accessible via their email portal. The staff we met were patient and understanding, especially during the multiple appointments for bloodwork/sono, and doctor check-ins. - Very clean, open, bright facility Weaknesses: - On very busy days for bloodwork/sono, wait times can be extended. We always tried to get their very early 7:30am/8:00am to avoid long wait times.
- Best to go in early (7:30am/8:00am) to avoid extended wait times during busy morning cycle. - Nurses and tech staff for blood/sono were great; I was always seen by a doctor afterwards
- We were lucky that my husband's insurance assisted us with cost. - We had a co-pay that we always paid upon check-in
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
I selected "Failed to call with results" b/c there was only one instance where I needed to request the results from a nurse for my day's bloodwork. The nurse apologized and got back to me by the end of the day.

2012 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr Zhang has a very warm caring personality and he works tirelessly. I do wish he would be open to trying different things when I would for example as for different estrace they would not switch it. ... He was a strong believer in less is more which I get and agree with ... Dr Zhang really likes to implant only 1 embryo at a time he wants that embryo to have the best chance. he will implant mosaics too.
They [New Hope Fertility] seemed to have a certain protocol and they often made mistakes. I would have to call in and they would agree it was an error then give me another protocol. I also had about 18 mos of waiting in between cycles because they did not do FDA paperwork correctly on my donor eggs so they were unable to transfer my embryos until the FDA did their audit ... They can get you in and out quickly for routine monitoring. easy check in system and billing. ...
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr Zhang has a very warm caring personality and he works tirelessly. I do wish he would be open to trying different things when I would for example as for different estrace they would not switch it. I feel like if they did I could have had more sucess.
write everything down keep track of what is working and not working and compare what protocols they give each cycle so you can make sure you are getting the best result.
They seemed to have a certain protocol and they often made mistakes. I would have to call in and they would agree it was an error then give me another protocol. also they were resistent to try different that what they do. for example I was not responding to oral or vaginal estarce. i was desperate to try the patch. they would not prescribe it. I awitched clinics and now my lining is perfect with the patch. I just need a good egg, still in process with new clinic.
He was a strong believer in less is more which I get and agree with. But I had a specific issue of thin lining that did not respond well to the estrace they were giving me and we did cycle after cycle where I had to cancel because of poor lining. when I told them I had met people who had great success with using the patch they were not receptive to that so after years of trying with them Left and that was good because now my lining is perfect and I just need to get the right eggs.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
They are very compassionate and kind. but the disconnect was waiting f or your protocol instructions it always took way longer than they said it would sometimes the next day. it was frustrating, sometimes they gave me a protocol that I felt was off. I would have to call in and every time I did they did say they made an error and would correct it. It was difficult because I felt like I should be able to trust them but it was maybe too many patients. I don't know.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
They can get you in and out quickly for routine monitoring. easy check in system and billing. clean and beautiful spacious office. The nurses are all kind and will try to give you any suggestions they can to help with your success. Dr are not always available but you can wait to see them or ask a question just need to be patient.
monitoring was the easiest and best part. no stress in and out within 30 mins and they really watched out for you if it was taking more than 15 minutes they were back there moving things along. it was the results and protocol that took til the end of the day or next day to get the info.
it was very expensive and the prices kept getting higher and higher. when i first started a transfer was 1200 when i left it was 2500.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
I often felt like the ball was being dropped and had to stay on them to get the information and then call back again to confirm only to find out I was given wrong information. I really feel like they had too many clients otherwise why did this happen so often. I also had about 18 mos of waiting in between cycles because they did not do FDA paperwork correctly on my donor eggs so they were unable to transfer my embryos until the FDA did their audit, it probably exactly why I have not had a 2nd child. infuriating.
2013 - 2018, Successful
Embryo Freezing
He has a lot of patients so it’s hard to get personalized attention from dr. Zhang. He is also always traveling but he is a great doctor. Very knowledable and positive. When others told me I will need donor eggs he never gave up on me having a baby with my own eggs...Very smart, very knowledgeable. Not easily accessible though...Since I have low amh levels dr zhang didn’t force a lot of stims. We did a lot of natural cycles. This is one clinic who is okay with taking out only one egg at a time.
New Hope is very flexible with protocol and listening to what you want. i have on numerous occasion requested less of a dosage, questioned when they were triggering and even changed freezing embryos into an IUI which resulted in my first son's conception. They are open to suggestions which is a big plus....they are friendly and helpful but can take a while to answer your questions because they are so busy...I had issues with billing in the past. They failed to to a prior authorization through my insurance.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Very positive. Didn’t give up on me while others were directing me towards donor eggs he instituted I would have my own babies and I did. Twice!!! Very smart, very knowledgeable. Not easily accessible though. Recently he has been traveling a lot.
Don’t be afraid to tell them you disagree with their protocols or if you feel uncomfortable with a dosage you can tell them to adjust it. They listen to what the patient wants. They are flexible and they have an amazing lab!!
He has a lot of patients so it’s hard to get personalized attention from dr. Zhang. He is also always traveling but he is a great doctor. Very knowledable and positive. When others told me I will need donor eggs he never gave up on me having a baby with my own eggs. And it happened twice!
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
pricey but not exorbitant.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
I had issues with billing in the past. They failed to to a prior authorization through my insurance. They also once failed to run the procedure through my insurance. It took a long time to get everything resolved but in the end they took off some charges which was nice of them.
New Hope Fertility Center
Dr.Merhi, was so passionate, and positive, and that was one of the main factors, that made me continue with him... Dr.Merhi, used the minimal stimulation technique, and that was one of the very big pitfalls, other fertility doctor stick to, and even when the 1st cycle, did not work, Dr.Merhi, added the steroid and aspirin... Dr.Merhi, showed us, detailed studies, that it's in the best interest of the mother and the baby to have single embryo transfer, and we agreed.
The clinic [New Hope Fertility Center] have these big boards to tell each patient, were they need to go, for US, or blood work, every one is so organized, and empathetic, and makes you feel home, and they ban any one to talk over the phone, which is great, as there is a dedicated area where you can use your cell phone, and a small as it may seem, they make sure, always, coffee and crackers, are available, and well taken care of, basically you never feel that you are not attended to
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr.Zaher Merhi @ nhfc, was really empathetic, and knew exactly what I was going through, and I will not name the institutions, I've been to, but 2 big institutions in New York, and one in Michigan,and one of the doctors there told me, you can start thinking about "Menopause", and am only 32yrs old, and none of them had the time, or the ambition, even to continue, but here in New Hope, they used the minimal stimulation, and everyone in the clinic was extremely positive, encouraging, sympathetic, and they never let you down, and keep going on, needless to say, they make you pay only procedure by procedure, and whatever can be billed to your insurance they will do so, not like any other fertility center, to which we have been in 3 before, where they want you to pay in full in advance. Dr.Zaher Merhi, had the best attitude, with great knowledge, and with his attitude, everything was possible. I would recommend him to anyone, with no reservation whatsoever.
If you have a problem with fertility, please do not shop around, big names can fool you sometimes, go to Dr.Zaher Merhi
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The Nursing staff, were compassionate, positive, very responsive, and makes you always feel, that things will work
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic have these big boards to tell each patient, were they need to go, for US, or blood work, every one is so organized, and empathetic, and makes you feel home, and they ban any one to talk over the phone, which is great, as there is a dedicated area where you can use your cell phone, and a small as it may seem, they make sure, always, coffee and crackers, are available, and well taken care of, basically you never feel that you are not attended to
They were very convenient and easy to know
They were quite reasonable, and definitely lower compared to peers
New Hope Fertility Center
Though he [Dr. Zhang] got me pregnant with normal pgs girl, I miscarried. And each cycle after that he refused to listen to me or change protocol. I noticed a trend with my labs during monitoring, which I was right about, but he just didn’t care...originally said it would be mini ivf. But it wound up being ultra mini ivf with clomid only (one cycle he used letrozole).... each cycle I only produced one follicle. And I pay out of pocket. I asked if we could stimulate me more, given I’m Paying for a retrieval for one egg, but he kept saying no
Strength [at New Hope Fertility Center]: they don’t give up on you and don’t tell you to go for donor egg. They have an amazing lab. Weakness: they too won’t change protocol and they treat you like a number. AWFUL nursing staff. No contact with anyone when you have questions. No one is accessible...While I was miscarrying in the ER, I’m hysterically crying, in my stretcher and I call them to let Dr Zhang know ... Liliana answered (the receptionist) and said “you are no longer a patient here”.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Though he got me pregnant with normal pgs girl, I miscarried. And each cycle after that he refused to listen to me or change protocol. I noticed a trend with my labs during monitoring, which I was right about, but he just didn’t care
Listen to their concerns
Never got to speak w the Zhang. Nurses wouldn’t even call you. They send you an email with your instructions. If you have questions it’s impossible to get in touch with them
Dr Zhang originally said it would be mini ivf. But it wound up being ultra mini ivf with clomid only (one cycle he used letrozole).... each cycle I only produced one follicle. And I pay out of pocket. I asked if we could stimulate me more, given I’m Paying for a retrieval for one egg, but he kept saying no
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: All of them )
Terrible!!! Awful!!!! I would expect the doctors to be cold, and nurses to be warm but frankly it was the opposite here. They send you a generic email with instructions. It’s a template. If you have questions they won’t answer you. And if you call them the receptionist (liliana) will never connect you. While I was miscarrying in the ER, I’m hysterically crying, in my stretcher and I call them to let Dr Zhang know ... Liliana answered (the receptionist) and said “you are no longer a patient here”. (I was 7 weeks and never discharged to my OB). As I’m crying in the phone, begging her to connect me to my dr she continues to passive aggressively tell me “I graduated” and was no longer a patient there. Long story short —- after that traumatic experience, I made a formal complaint the following week. The supervisor told me liliana had put in her resignation the week prior so “that’s probably why she was behaving that way” .... fast forward two months, Liliana is back. I speak with supervisor as to how she can work there with how she treated me and refused to connect me, a patient, to my dr while I’m in the ER miscarrying. The supervisor said “we gave her extra training afterwards” Terrible. Need I say more
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strength: they don’t give up on you and don’t tell you to go for donor egg. They have an amazing lab. Weakness: they too won’t change protocol and they treat you like a number. AWFUL nursing staff. No contact with anyone when you have questions. No one is accessible.
affordable Retrieval $1250
N/a I only had one embryo
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr. Merhi, as my main physician, always made me feel well cared for... was exceedingly optimistic, while also being realistic. He was compassionate and usually patient with my questions. He was committed to my care despite my age (43 at the time we started treatment)...Mini-IVF. Considered more effective in women my age (43 at the time of treatment)...at his clinic, they had an on call system and I never knew which doctor I would see on which day.
Approximately $5,000 per mini-IVF cycle [at New Hope Fertility Center]....You have to be proactive as a patient and do your research and ask lots of questions. I saw many different doctors and nurses, which was fine because they were all good, but it very much felt like I was on an IVF conveyor belt. An wonderful, effective conveyor belt, because I did end up pregnant at 44 and now have an amazing baby!
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Merhi was exceedingly optimistic, while also being realistic. He was compassionate and usually patient with my questions. He was committed to my care despite my age (43 at the time we started treatment).
Ask lots of questions and request to see Dr. Merhi for consults and updates between cycles.
Dr. Merhi, as my main physician, always made me feel well cared for, but at his clinic, they had an on call system and I never knew which doctor I would see on which day.
Competent and efficient.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
New Hope is a large clinic with a ton of patients and many doctors, and a very strong embryology department, which is really the most important thing. They were committed to my care despite my age (43) and didn't discriminate to protect their stats. They are very good at what they do, but there is very little hand-holding or bedside manner. You have to be proactive as a patient and do your research and ask lots of questions. I saw many different doctors and nurses, which was fine because they were all good, but it very much felt like I was on an IVF conveyor belt. An wonderful, effective conveyor belt, because I did end up pregnant at 44 and now have an amazing baby!
Very efficient, but also very impersonal.
Approximately $5,000 per mini-IVF cycle. We dod 9 cycles.
New Hope Fertility Center

I've never felt more like a number than at the clinic with Dr. Merhi. I literally met him one time while walking in the door to the procedure room to do my egg retrieval....He was fine as a doctor, seems knowledgeable. But very very unpersonable. I was honestly very disappointed in the care I received. And he did not even do our Embryo transfer. Just honestly was really disappointed overall with the care that I received from him
Most of them did not speak very good English, they were very hard to understand, and they didn't understand me very well either. They [staff at New Hope] were very very unpersonable, and very very uncompassionate. The language barrier was a huge problem, but their lack of caring and concern was almost worse... My husband and I were treated like strangers, outsiders... Honestly more like cattle being loaded on a train than human beings trying to have a baby.
Try someone else.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Most of them did not speak very good English, they were very hard to understand, and they didn't understand me very well either. They were very very unpersonable, and very very uncompassionate. The language barrier was a huge problem, but their lack of caring and concern was almost worse.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Very few of the employees including the doctors spoke very good English, the culture and language differences were huge barrier in my opinion. My husband and I were treated like strangers, outsiders... Honestly more like cattle being loaded on a train than human beings trying to have a baby.
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr Merhi was always pleased to see us. He explained with many details and examples about all procedures and risks. He was very positive and willing to help us with any doubt or questions we had. We never felt rushed to do any procedure and he was very patient listening to us.... First we tried several cycles just being monitored for ovulation. Then we were suggested to take Clomid and letrozol 2.5 and we got pregnant with triplets!
[At New Hope Fertility Center] Results are efficient and accurate. Their forms and systems are very clear and easy to follow. As a new patient always ask questions to any staff and they will kindly help out. At time is very hectic due to the hours and you might feel rushed specially when having sonogram, but they’ll explain all they’re doing so you can leave satisfied.... Costs were reasonable. Even though My insurance covered, they have plans to help out.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Ask questions, be honest and sincere and Dr Merhi will help you the best he can. He’s very knowledgeable and will follow up with you along the way.
I was always called by my name and Dr Merhi always replied my emails promptly giving me detailed explanation of what I asked.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Quick and efficient! Very friendly and helpful.
New Hope Fertility Center

[Dr. Makarov] Seemed in a rush to get us to IVF and wanted us to fail everything until that point. Ignored my issues with a short luteal phase; always too busy to answer questions. Would leave us waiting in a room only to later find out she forgot all about us and our appointment was over... We did an IUI without an medication and then one with. We paid out of pocket. She wanted us to fail so we would move on to IVF. They never diagnosed us with anything.
The worst finance department I’ve ever encountered. Very unorganized and unprofessional. Also the lab messed up our charts. It was a terrible experience and I’d never recommend New Hope to anyone. I was so distraught after this experience that I had to take a break from trying to get pregnant... [Dr. Makarov] Seemed in a rush to get us to IVF and wanted us to fail everything until that point. Ignored my issues with a short luteal phase;
Don’t leave the room until you have all your questions answered. Request some medicated cycles first, especially if your insurance doesn’t cover IUI
Mixed up our blood work. Didn’t seem to understand my history
Describe the protocols Jennifer Kulp Makarov used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
It was ridiculous! We did an IUI without an medication and then one with. We paid out of pocket. She wanted us to fail so we would move on to IVF. They never diagnosed us with anything.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Lots of people, they never spoke to us unless it was to tell us to hurry to the next room
IUIs were $800
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
They messed up at every step
Jennifer Kulp Makarov
New Hope Fertility Center
She [Dr. Lipkin] was very compassionate. I trusted that she was able to review past treatment files and understood why I might have changed facilities. I trusted the facility as it was referred to me by a friend but I also appreciated that they worked with woman over forty.... She wanted to go about with a mini IVF cycle- she told me that she preferred to get less eggs upon retrieval but with a better chance to get healthier eggs.
The clinic [New Hope Fertility] is very large- lots of available times and you would never need to wait longer then 10-15 minutes. I really don't have any weaknesses other than they were not able to retrieve a healthy embryo as of yet... [nursing staff] I had a very hard time finding my veins. they were excellent and patient.... She [Dr. Lipkin] wanted to go about with a mini IVF cycle- she told me that she preferred to get less eggs upon retrieval but with a better chance to get healthier eggs.
How was your experience with Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
She was very compassionate. I trusted that she was able to review past treatment files and understood why I might have changed facilities. I trusted the facility as it was referred to me by a friend but I also appreciated that they worked with woman over forty.
Be completely open and honest about what you want and what her expectation for you are based on how you present.
She explained each step in laymen terms. She was able to repeat things so that i completely understood them and was very empathetic to my feelings.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
I had a very hard time finding my veins. they were excellent and patient.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is very large- lots of available times and you would never need to wait longer then 10-15 minutes. I really don't have any weaknesses other than they were not able to retrieve a healthy embryo as of yet :(
They accepted my insurance
Lana Lipkin
New Hope Fertility Center

I felt like a human because Doctor Zhang and entire staff cared, listened and answered all my questions... He is beyond experienced and knowledgeable in everything he does. He explained things to me that made so much sense and able to understand everything in detail. I put all my trust on him from the first meet...I did the mini ivf. Less medication and better results.
I absolutely loved the entire nursing staff [at New Hope Fertility Center]. Any questions I had (and I had many) they answered it with a smile...Excellent wait time. Even at it's most busiest hour, you are in and out in a timely manner. Clinic is extremely clean. Entire staff is beyond warm and friends. Everybody has a smile on their face. No weaknesses...I felt like a human because Doctor Zhang and entire staff cared, listened and answered all my questions.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Zhang is a medical genius. He is beyond experienced and knowledgeable in everything he does. He explained things to me that made so much sense and able to understand everything in detail. I put all my trust on him from the first meet.
Listen!
I did the mini ivf. Less medication and better results.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
I absolutely loved the entire nursing staff. Any questions I had (and I had many) they answered it with a smile.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Costs were very economical.
Yes, 1 embryo.
New Hope Fertility Center

[Dr. Zaher Merhi is] Good at follow up and full of passion. But he seems little pushing us to start 1st cycle even though medication and genetic testing stuff are not ready. He is also super optimistic but i am not sure that was his personality or being realistic.
[New Hope Fertility Center is in a] convenient location, flexible monitoring time, staff are friendly. Weakness are some time they are little careless when it comes to treatment/ medication/ testing. Billing department is so difficulty to communicate...mini ivf total cost $1500 with medication...[Dr. Merhi is] Good at follow up and full of passion. But he seems little pushing us to start 1st cycle even though medication and genetic testing stuff are not ready. He is also super optimistic but i am not sure that was his personality or being realistic.
mini ivf total cost $1500 with medication
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr. Merhi was always attentive and made time to answer all my questions. While monitoring can feel more like a number, I always knew Dr. Merhi was behind my care and available to speak... is a wonderful and caring doctor. He made a very emotional and upsetting process more accessible and lowered my stress. He always made time to explain things, I would wholeheartedly recommend him!
There is a lot of people that go through the clinic [New Hope Fertility Center], so the nurses sometimes got things wrong. You definitely have to stay vigilant about your care at any clinic you go to...The monitor hours at New Hope are really great! I found it really hard in my previous clinic to only have monitoring hours early morning, but New Hope has until 2pm and are usually pretty quick. Don't get thrown off at the New Agey decor, it's a great place, plus great location.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Merhi is a wonderful and caring doctor. He made a very emotional and upsetting process more accessible and lowered my stress. He always made time to explain things, I would wholeheartedly recommend him!
Ask lots of questions.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
There is a lot of people that go through the clinic, so the nurses sometimes got things wrong. You definitely have to stay vigilant about your care at any clinic you go to.
New Hope Fertility Center
Dr. Merhi was kind, compassionate and very professional​​...is confident and cheerful and I can truly appreciate that feeling of optimism...genuinely interested in the well being of his patient. He has excellent bed side manners. He makes himself available to answer questions and is very reassuring. He also matter of fact and practical...IVF: clomid, letrozol and follistim, followed by Ovidrel as a trigger shot. For the transfer, progesterone suppositories and estrogen pills.
NHFC, is a good clinic...has great facility​ and skilled staff. The place is clean, they provide snacks for you while you wait!...The nursing staff were great and very supportive, but in some cases their email response never happened, a follow-up phone call yielded no response until I went to the clinic...I received an email regarding the embryo transfer from a nurse and I replied for confirmation but I never got a response even with multiple phone call. During the transfer I had to wait for one extra hour to get my embryo ready which could have been avoided had I spoken with a nurse during my multiple phone calls.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Merhi is kind, compassionate and very professional​​. He listens​ to you and proposes​ the best option. Dr. Merhi is confident and cheerful and I can truly appreciate that feeling of optimism. Dr. Merhi, is a very skilled, knowledgable and attentive doctor. He listens to the patient and is not interested in personal results and stats but is genuinely interested in the well being of his patient. He has excellent bed side manners. He makes himself available to answer questions and is very reassuring. He also matter of fact and practical. I am now 13 weeks pregnant, I plan on returning to Dr. Merhi for my second pregnancy.
Follow the instructions and advice from Dr Merhi and the outcome of your expectation will be great as expected
Dr. Merhi was kind, compassionate and very professional​​. He listens​ to you and proposes​ the best option.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
NHFC, is a good clinic, in some clinics the success rate is based on multiple attempts. ​The clinic has great facility​ and skilled staff. The place is clean, they provide snacks for you while you wait! I highly recommend this place if your having issues getting pregnant! It's not a easy process but the reward at the end is well worth the fight! Thank you Dr Merhi
I don't have the exact amount but it was expensive even with insurance, For instance genetic screening I paid $100 as my out of pocket cost at my ob/gyn clinic with a group that they work with but at New Hope the clinic was charging over $700
Dr Merhi had a strong advice for one embryo transfer due to the risk associated with multiple pregnancy but I suggested a multiple pregnancy so that I can finish my child birth sooner. Three embryos were transferred however two succeeded giving my twins
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
I needed a specific amount of embryo transfer. I received an email regarding the embryo transfer from a nurse and I replied for confirmation but I never got a response even with multiple phone call. During the transfer I had to wait for one extra hour to get my embryo ready which could have been avoided had I spoken with a nurse during my multiple phone calls.