Dothan
2344 Centerville Rd
Tallahassee, FL 32308
850-325-6672

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Barry Ripps] was very detailed oriented and went through a lot of data with a PowerPoint. It was very informative but not necessarily specific to my case. He seems very knowledgeable and competent but he made me feel stupid for asking questions. He also made his prices seem much cheaper than they are. I left that second meeting wondering if I picked the right doctor.
They [NewLIFE] have many offices. You can do most of your treatments in the office closest to you but the retreival and transfers are done in Pensacola, FL. You can never get anyone on the phone in Pensacola, which is unfortunate. The Mobile office staff is Awesome! They put all of your labs, rx, paperwork, etc. on the patient portal so you can see it. I wish someone would have sent me all of the consent paperwork before the retreival so I could have looked it over instead of doing it the day of. Overall the office staff and clinical staff have been great.
How was your experience with Barry Ripps at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology)?
I met with Dr. Ripps twice. The first time via zoom and I left that meeting feeling great about him and my future treatment. The second appointment was in person. He was very detailed oriented and went through a lot of data with a PowerPoint. It was very informative but not necessarily specific to my case. He seems very knowledgeable and competent but he made me feel stupid for asking questions. He also made his prices seem much cheaper than they are. I left that second meeting wondering if I picked the right doctor. I had way more embryos make it to blast with the egg retrieval I did with him. He did order a different med protocol than I did for my first egg retrieval (with a different doctor) so that could be a reason why.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Barry Ripps at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology)?
Make sure to read the pamphlets before hand so you don't get too lost when he's going over his presentation.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Barry Ripps at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology)?
The staff has been wonderful. I can always talk to a person right away when a call and they know who I am.
Describe the protocols Barry Ripps used in your cycles at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology) and their degree of success.
I did IVF with embryo freezing and genetic testing. For the egg retrieval I did gonal-f 150iu/day and menopur 225iu/day. Got around 16 eggs, I think all of them fertilized, 7 made it blasts. I think that says good things about the clinic's lab.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology). (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
The staff at the Mobile office is amazing. I can always talk to someone. They are very responsive and flexible. They make the whole process stress free.
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
They have many offices. You can do most of your treatments in the office closest to you but the retreival and transfers are done in Pensacola, FL. You can never get anyone on the phone in Pensacola, which is unfortunate. The Mobile office staff is Awesome! They put all of your labs, rx, paperwork, etc. on the patient portal so you can see it. I wish someone would have sent me all of the consent paperwork before the retreival so I could have looked it over instead of doing it the day of. Overall the office staff and clinical staff have been great.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Barry Ripps at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
Between $15,000-$16,000 for an egg retrieval. ICSI is included (they do it for all of their patients). Short term embryo storage (around $2000 if I remember...which seemed pretty expensive to me) was included in the price of egg retrieval. That also included the monitoring. I can't remember how much a transfer is but I think it's under 5,000.
Describe Barry Ripps's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
He does educate you on the trade offs of 1 or 2 embryo transfered in the pamphlets but we haven't really talked about it yet. We haven't planned for a transfer yet but I'm guessing he will suggest 1 embryo since we are doing genetic testing.
What specific things went wrong at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
They forgot to do an ovulation test on me before my trigger shot for my retreival so I had to buy my own and do it at home. It wasn't that big of a deal, except the test kit it expensive.
Pensacola
Overall Dr. Ripps is very experienced professional. His strengths are being thorough and confident in his job. He is very thorough with assigning diagnostic testing and labs...His weakness would be availability. He has multiple clinics in the panhandle so his schedule is very tight, I had to wait 4 months from my initial consultation to the “plan meeting” to determine course of action. Also, during the plan meeting it felt very rushed like it was on a time constraint.
The clinic [NewLIFE] overall is great. I honestly believe the biggest strength of the clinic is the nurses and NPs. They were so compassionate, informative and available during a very stressful time. One of their weakness is availability of appointments...I had to wait 4 months from my initial consultation to the “plan meeting” to determine course of action...My NP that I worked with was very patient with all my questions and even gave out a cell phone number for patients to contact her during after hours during the cycle.
Overall Dr. Ripps is very experienced professional. His strengths are being thorough and confident in his job. He is very thorough with assigning diagnostic testing and labs. He covered all bases to determine the issue of fertility. His confidence was very reassuring when the fear of unknown is looming. To my husband it kind of came of as arrogant, but I appreciated his certainty. During all the tests and procedures he was present for he made me very comfortable and informed me of what was to be done and expected. His weakness would be availability. He has multiple clinics in the panhandle so his schedule is very tight, I had to wait 4 months from my initial consultation to the “plan meeting” to determine course of action. Also, during the plan meeting it felt very rushed like it was on a time constraint.
Set up an appointment now! Even if you’re unsure of your fertility status, get your name on the books. It’s better to cancel an appt then wait months. Also do some research before the initial appointment. I’m in the medical field so I understand most medical terminology but my husband did not. I felt it was very helpful to research things on social media (Facebook groups or Instagram influencers), and friends that have experienced infertility. For me google did not have most the answers I was looking for.
I felt like a human because he remembered my career and always asked me specific questions about my job.
For my IVF cycle they started me off on birth control to take control of my cycle. Then after my baseline monitoring was done I was started on a high dose of stimulating medications due to my low AMH/DOR. I was dosed 225IU of Menopur and 225IU of follistim. I was on stim meds for 8 days. I had 3 very large follicles (22-26mm) and many other small follicles (14-16mm) So it was a battle of making sure my large follicles didn’t grow too big, and the smaller ones could catch up. Once the stim process was done, I triggered and set up the egg retrieval. The egg retrieval yielded 7 follicle: 2 cysts and 5 eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology). (Assigned nurse: Heather Doerr)
The nursing staff was FANTASTIC. They were all very nice and attentive. By the end of my cycle they all knew me on a first name basis which was very comforting. My NP that I worked with was very patient with all my questions and even gave out a cell phone number for patients to contact her during after hours during the cycle. She was incredibly sweet and always took time to explain the next steps and what to expect. Whenever I called and left a message they always returned my call by the same day. The financial department was great with accommodating insurance (or lack of) and payments.
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
The clinic overall is great. I honestly believe the biggest strength of the clinic is the nurses and NPs. They were so compassionate, informative and available during a very stressful time. One of their weakness is availability of appointments.
The cost of my care was completely out of pocket. My health insurance did not cover anything. Consultation appointments were $200-300. Each lab were anywhere from $30- $150. The clinic offered to send out some labs to the cheapest testing site since they knew I was paying out of pocket. For the IVF process the cost was $10,400 and that including the cycle ultrasounds, labs, cyroperservation of the embryos, anesthesia and the embryologist.
My doctor told me initially that due to my age and guidelines I was only allowed to transfer one embryo. He did not want to risk the chance of having multiples. He did talk about it again on retrieval day that if I had embryos that graded low we might transfer 2. But only if I did not have 1 good scoring embryo. I ended up with 1 4BB which he thought was good enough to just transfer one.

2016 - 2020, Successful
Dr Ripps has been a great doctor throughout our 5 years under his care...We were always well informed about the process and were given all the information needed. When we were concerned about anything, he would schedule appointments with us to discuss treatment plans, etc...We were unable to do a multiple embryo transfer given my age and, at the time, no history of miscarriage.
Wonderful clinic! I honestly don’t have any weaknesses besides sometimes having to wait a long time before my appointment, but that is not a big deal. All the staff are incredibly professional and warm hearted. I got to know most staff members of the clinic on a personal level and it made my experience that much better...[nurses] are caring and compassionate and all incredible at what they do
Dr Ripps has been a great doctor throughout our 5 years under his care. Although we did not get all perfect outcomes, we have a beautiful baby because of him. We were always well informed about the process and were given all the information needed. When we were concerned about anything, he would schedule appointments with us to discuss treatment plans, etc.
Ask questions if you have them and advocate for yourself as well. Many people going though fertility treatments know their bodies. Speak up if you have concerns or questions.
The care given was always great. I truly felt like our dr was advocating for us instead of just being “another patient”.
The entire staff at New Life is absolutely phenomenal. I couldn’t have gone through what we went through without them. They are caring and compassionate and all incredible at what they do.
Not covered by insurance

2020, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Barry Ripps] seems to have the same practiced speech every time I saw him, and wanted to push toward $$ IVF immediately, but he was nice and explained things thoroughly. I didn’t see him outside of my initial consultations...I didn’t like that they chose to “batch” all the patients together, putting me on birth control so i lined up with their schedule...I didn’t feel like my protocol was individualized...
they [NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology)] do a good job working with insurance and monitoring you throughout the cycle...[nurses] Take care of what is needed...sometimes have to stay on top of them to make sure I’m not lost in the shuffle...I didn’t like that they chose to “batch” all the patients together, putting me on birth control so i lined up with their schedule.
He seems to have the same practiced speech every time I saw him, and wanted to push toward $$ IVF immediately, but he was nice and explained things thoroughly. I didn’t see him outside of my initial consultations.
Go in having done your own research.
Timed intercourse with Femara and injections. There seemed to be no rationale between which injections were chosen, but Femara was chosen because of the “better” side effects vs. Clomid. I have not been successful yet, but do not think that has to do with the clinic. They monitor the cycles well.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
Take care of what is needed, efficient, but sometimes have to stay on top of them to make sure I’m not lost in the shuffle.
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
I didn’t feel like my protocol was individualized, but was a good first entrance into the infertility world. The ladies run the clinic, and they do a good job working with insurance and monitoring you throughout the cycle.
Insurance covered most items, outside of prescription copays
Mobile

2020, Unknown Success
[Dr. Barry Ripps] went out of his way to ensure that all of my questions were answered, no matter how annoying I felt like I was being. He wasn’t afraid to correct me and ensure that I was properly educated...He is a little blunt, but he makes up for that by trying to get to know you on a personal level. I have only met him once, and I have been there A LOT...
This is a very small clinic location [NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology)], so this doesn’t create a feeling that you are just a number. It is comfortable and cozy. As a teacher, they also accommodate my availability very well...[nurse] learns who you are as a person. She ended up remembering things I had told her early in my treatment. It truly feels like a family there...
He takes the time to be thorough. He is a little blunt, but he makes up for that by trying to get to know you on a personal level. I have only met him once, and I have been there A LOT, but it was also the first meeting so I am trying to get to know him
Go in with as many questions as possible so that you leave feeling content and well educated
He went out of his way to ensure that all of my questions were answered, no matter how annoying I felt like I was being. He wasn’t afraid to correct me and ensure that I was properly educated.
Since we had tried multiple times at home already, he recommended using letrazole. Post tests, my ovarian reserve is lower than others my age, so that is still what is being done. I had no reason to feel that there is anything else wrong with me, but thanks to his extensive tests we discovered quite a few flaws.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology). (Assigned nurse: Deanna)
Extremely friendly!!! She learns who you are as a person. She ended up remembering things I had told her early in my treatment. It truly feels like a family there
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
This is a very small clinic location, so this doesn’t create a feeling that you are just a number. It is comfortable and cozy. As a teacher, they also accommodate my availability very well which can be hard to do since I live 40 mins away from the location
My insurance was great until it got to the medication and larger procedures. Especially since my HSG FAILED I had to pay twice for that. I haven’t gotten to the actual attempted cycle and I have already spent over 1000 as a teacher which is hard
Tallahassee

Dr Ripps is direct to the point and does not sugar-coat his words, which I like, but some people may find him blunt. He is knowledgeable and experienced. The work-ups he recommended were extensive and thorough. He takes his time to explain and answers your questions or concerns... he will let you know whether to transfer one vs multiple embryos, depending on the quality; but ultimately, the final decision will be from the coup
The staff at Dr Ripps' clinic were friendly, accommodating and patient. The facility/clinic is well-kept and clean. Weakness: the bill you will receive is going to be confusing. Please call the office make sure that understand every little details... Nurse Michelle is very helpful and patient with all my question
He is direct to the point and he will inform you what your diagnosis and treatment plan
Dr Ripps is direct to the point; he does not sugar coat the diagnosis
I do not recall this now
Describe your experience with your nurse at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology). (Assigned nurse: Michelle )
Michelle is very helpful and patient with all my questions
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
Definitely expensive since everything is out of pocket. None of the tests/treatment were covered by insurance
he will let you know whether to transfer one vs multiple embryos, depending on the quality; but ultimately, the final decision will be from the couple
Pensacola

[Dr. Barry Ripps] needs to be more patient active. I have never met him and have been in the practice for a year...We have done clomid, letrazole, injections, trigger shots, and iui with all of the above. No positive pregnancy test...I've never met dr. Ripps only dr. Delany and she is no longer there. His nurses in panama city help me the most. I think dr. Ripps should be more present...Great patient services though and a variety of services offered
[Nurses at New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology are] Amazing. You felt like a sister to them. They have went above and beyond for me!...RX forgot to be called in but was fixed when I called them to fix it...300 a visit because my insurance does not cover fertility treatments. IuI was 950 a cycle...Old and outdated decor. Needs updating. Dr. Ripps needs to be more patient active. I have never met him and have been in the practice for a year. Great patient services though and a variety of services offered
I've never met dr. Ripps only dr. Delany and she is no longer there. His nurses in panama city help me the most. I think dr. Ripps should be more present. It is a great office over all though. I recommended a friend there and she did get pregnant. So that's a plus.
Listen to them. Follow directions. Communication is key
His Panama city staff made me feel great
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
RX forgot to be called in but was fixed when I called them to fix it
Panama City