108 Medical Drive
2344 Centerville Rd
Tallahassee, FL 32308
850-325-6672

2019 - 2022, Unsuccessful
I only saw Dr. Ripps for my consult and treatment plan appointments, during egg retrieval and embryo transfers, and during surgeries. Every time I saw him it felt like he had just glanced over my file and did not have a good understanding about what was going on...never reached out after our failed transfers and I only heard from him when I called with questions. His ego needs to be knocked down a few notches and he needs to limit the number of patients he sees so that everyone can receive the appropriate care from him.
The staff at the [NewLIFE] clinic is pretty amazing for the most part. Everyone is super friendly and most of the time will remember you when you come in. However, there are a few members of staff who are rude. I mainly ignored these employees and did not have to communicate with them often. Do not expect to get any of your medicinal records from this clinic. They will not share your lab results with you unless you specifically ask. The only was to communicate with the clinic is via telephone although they do have a patient portal, only the clinic staff can send you things through the portal which is very frustrating if you have a simple question to ask.
How was your experience with Barry Ripps at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology)?
Dr. Ripps is very confident in his practice and clinic. He was confident that we would get pregnant easily with treatment and we fully trusted him. After multiple IUIs we were no closer to our baby and decided IVF would be a better option based on his recommendation. I never saw Dr. Ripps during my IVF monitoring until the day of egg retrieval. Also, Dr. Ripps never reached out after our failed transfers and I only heard from him when I called with questions. His ego needs to be knocked down a few notches and he needs to limit the number of patients he sees so that everyone can receive the appropriate care from him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Barry Ripps at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology)?
Understand that we will only see the nurses or nurse practitioners during your treatment and will not see Dr. Ripps unless you have an egg retrieval, embryo transfer, hysteroscopy or surgery.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Barry Ripps at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology)?
Describe the protocols Barry Ripps used in your cycles at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology) and their degree of success.
Each IUI used Letrozole. Progesterone was added after first IUI resulted in pregnancy and progesterone levels were low but was not given for subsequent IUIs or pregnancy. 1st and 2nd IUIs were on 5mg Letrozole. 2nd IUI was cancelled due to no follicle growth. 3rd IUI Letrozole increased to 7.5mg. 4th IUI Letrozole increased to 10mg at my request. Egg retrieval used 150 FSH, 150 Menopur, Lupron trigger and cabergoline (to help with OHSS). 1st embryo transfer used birth control, Lupron suppression, baby aspirin, prednisone, metformin, progesterone in oil, estrogen patches, doxycycline. 2nd embryo transfer used Lupron depot to increase suppression, birth control, Lupron suppression, baby aspirin, prednisone, metformin, progesterone in oil, estrogen patches, doxycycline, platelet rich infusion to help uterine lining be more receptive.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
I love the nursing staff at Nee Life. Every time I went in for an appointment the nurses were alway so sweet and compassionate. I was happier using the specific nurse practitioner during IUIs than the nurse practitioner for IVF. The nurse for my IUI cycles were so much nicer that’s the IVF nurse. I always felt like the IVF nurse was in a rush to get off the phone and just had a rushed demeanor.
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
The staff at the clinic is pretty amazing for the most part. Everyone is super friendly and most of the time will remember you when you come in. However, there are a few members of staff who are rude. I mainly ignored these employees and did not have to communicate with them often. Do not expect to get any of your medicinal records from this clinic. They will not share your lab results with you unless you specifically ask. The only was to communicate with the clinic is via telephone although they do have a patient portal, only the clinic staff can send you things through the portal which is very frustrating if you have a simple question to ask.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Barry Ripps at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
Diagnostic testing was covered through my insurance and I paid $40 co-pay for each office visit. Each IUI Letrozole cycle cost approximately $1000 plus the cost of medication. The IVF cycle cost approximately $19,500 which included monitoring ultrasounds, bloodwork, egg retrieval, anesthesia, ICSI, Lab fees for embryo development, short term cryo-preservation plus the cost of medication. Genetic testing of embryos cost $4500 for up to five embryos. This did not include the cost of the PGTA testing that was performed by the genetics lab. Each Frozen embryo transfer cost $3600 which included the thaw process, Lab fees, monitoring Ultrasounds, bloodwork, and transfer procedure. Platelet rich infusion cost $350. Beta hCG pregnancy blood test cost approximately $115.
What specific things went wrong at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
There were results of an endometrial biopsy that were reviewed by a second pathologist and the clinic or doctor never informed me of the updated pathologist report. This report contained important information regarding the need for an updated uterine biopsy to be completed. A new uterine biopsy was done however the second biopsy was never retested for the concerning items found in the first biopsy pathology report. I only found out about this information by requesting my medical records.

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Barry Ripps] was very detailed oriented and went through a lot of data with a PowerPoint. It was very informative but not necessarily specific to my case. He seems very knowledgeable and competent but he made me feel stupid for asking questions. He also made his prices seem much cheaper than they are. I left that second meeting wondering if I picked the right doctor.
They [NewLIFE] have many offices. You can do most of your treatments in the office closest to you but the retreival and transfers are done in Pensacola, FL. You can never get anyone on the phone in Pensacola, which is unfortunate. The Mobile office staff is Awesome! They put all of your labs, rx, paperwork, etc. on the patient portal so you can see it. I wish someone would have sent me all of the consent paperwork before the retreival so I could have looked it over instead of doing it the day of. Overall the office staff and clinical staff have been great.
I met with Dr. Ripps twice. The first time via zoom and I left that meeting feeling great about him and my future treatment. The second appointment was in person. He was very detailed oriented and went through a lot of data with a PowerPoint. It was very informative but not necessarily specific to my case. He seems very knowledgeable and competent but he made me feel stupid for asking questions. He also made his prices seem much cheaper than they are. I left that second meeting wondering if I picked the right doctor. I had way more embryos make it to blast with the egg retrieval I did with him. He did order a different med protocol than I did for my first egg retrieval (with a different doctor) so that could be a reason why.
Make sure to read the pamphlets before hand so you don't get too lost when he's going over his presentation.
The staff has been wonderful. I can always talk to a person right away when a call and they know who I am.
I did IVF with embryo freezing and genetic testing. For the egg retrieval I did gonal-f 150iu/day and menopur 225iu/day. Got around 16 eggs, I think all of them fertilized, 7 made it blasts. I think that says good things about the clinic's lab.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology). (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
The staff at the Mobile office is amazing. I can always talk to someone. They are very responsive and flexible. They make the whole process stress free.
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
They have many offices. You can do most of your treatments in the office closest to you but the retreival and transfers are done in Pensacola, FL. You can never get anyone on the phone in Pensacola, which is unfortunate. The Mobile office staff is Awesome! They put all of your labs, rx, paperwork, etc. on the patient portal so you can see it. I wish someone would have sent me all of the consent paperwork before the retreival so I could have looked it over instead of doing it the day of. Overall the office staff and clinical staff have been great.
Between $15,000-$16,000 for an egg retrieval. ICSI is included (they do it for all of their patients). Short term embryo storage (around $2000 if I remember...which seemed pretty expensive to me) was included in the price of egg retrieval. That also included the monitoring. I can't remember how much a transfer is but I think it's under 5,000.
Describe Barry Ripps's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
He does educate you on the trade offs of 1 or 2 embryo transfered in the pamphlets but we haven't really talked about it yet. We haven't planned for a transfer yet but I'm guessing he will suggest 1 embryo since we are doing genetic testing.
They forgot to do an ovulation test on me before my trigger shot for my retreival so I had to buy my own and do it at home. It wasn't that big of a deal, except the test kit it expensive.

2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr Ripps is absolutely amazing. He takes the time to explain everything and every step of every process. He explained the entire egg retrieval to me during the retrieval. He checked on me after to make sure all was well...I was scared to see a male provider, but [he] was absolutely amazing...While our first transfer was not successful, we do plan on continuing to do our second transfer with [him]
[Staff at NewLIFE] are strong at everything they do. The whole office is amazing. They really care and it shows in how they greet you, how they take the time to explain things to you, how they explain every procedure to you before and during, and even take the time to answer any questions at the end...The NP Heather, all the nurses, the clinical staff, the office front desk staff have all been extremely awesome.
Do it. I was scared to see a male provider, but Dr Ripps was absolutely amazing.
Dr Ripps was absolutely amazing. While our first transfer was not successful, we do plan on continuing to do our second transfer with Dr Ripps. Him and his office staff are so amazing.
ART with ICSI. 5 day fresh transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology). (Assigned nurse: Heather D)
The NP Heather, all the nurses, the clinical staff, the office front desk staff have all been extremely awesome. They are just as invested in patient success as is the patient. They truly care and it’s nice to feel loved every time I had to go to the clinic for blood work or ultrasounds for follicle counts etc.
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
They are strong at everything they do. The whole office is amazing. They really care and it shows in how they greet you, how they take the time to explain things to you, how they explain every procedure to you before and during, and even take the time to answer any questions at the end.
11,300 for ART with ICSI. Frozen embryo transfer will be 3,600.
First transfer for a perfect 4AA embryo so we only did one so to not lose the others if it wasn’t successful.
Pensacola

Dr. Ripps took the time to address all of our questions and concerns...I had blood work done to check for generic carriers and my hormones levels. I had transvaginal ultrasounds done during my cycle to count follicles and check for ovulation...I have been diagnosed with low ovarian reserve. I had a laparoscopic procedure scheduled to check for endometriosis but that has been postponed until after COVID19.
all of the nurses [of NewLIFE] were great at making me feel comfortable...So far most of our cost has been covered by our insurance...They work hard to make you feel comfortable but also important...He [Dr. Ripps] explains everything in a way you can understand it. He provides you will information via the screen as well as paper handouts so you have something to refer back to when you get home.
He is very patient friendly meaning that he makes you feel comfortable. He allows you to ask questions and actually encourages you to. He explains everything in a way you can understand it. He provides you will information via the screen as well as paper handouts so you have something to refer back to when you get home.
Don’t be afraid to advocate for yourself and ask any question no matter how silly it may seem.
Dr. Ripps took the time to address all of our questions and concerns. He explained all of the tests, procedures, and results in a way we could understand. We have not done any treatment at this time with him due to needing another diagnostic procedure that has to wait due to COVID19.
I have only had tests and procedures done with Dr. Ripps at this time. He had a consultation with my husband and me to explain that during January and February cycles we would have several tests done to check our reproductive health. I had blood work done to check for generic carriers and my hormones levels. I had transvaginal ultrasounds done during my cycle to count follicles and check for ovulation. Then, I had a test done with saline water and bubbles to see if my tubes were tied. I have been diagnosed with low ovarian reserve. I had a laparoscopic procedure scheduled to check for endometriosis but that has been postponed until after COVID19.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology). (Assigned nurse: Kristy)
Okay, first off all of those procedures can be really embarrassing and uncomfortable but all of the nurses were great at making me feel comfortable and having a casual conversation while taking care of what needed to be handled.
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
The Pensacola office is amazing with communication and scheduling. They work hard to make you feel comfortable but also important. They are always smiling and seem happy to see me. I cannot think of anything negative to say about them.
So far most of our cost has been covered by our insurance but when it isn’t we are sent a bill pretty quick, but also we are informed ahead of time if their will be an expense on our end.
I do not have any experience.
Pensacola

Dr Ripps works with several locations within this clinic, so it was rare and infrequent that we were in touch with him personally. I always seemed to feel he didn’t share the same urgency as we did with our situation...he leans on the cautious side of things...f we hadn’t pushed for us to begin IUI/IVF (more intensive treatment), I am confident he wouldn’t have us on that path still today, over a year into our treatment.
While I always felt like the staff at New Life knew exactly who I was and was familiar with my situation, I almost felt like the atmosphere at the Mobile office was too relaxed...Strength: Nurse in the Pensacola office. Very available and sweet, answered all questions in a timely and professional manner. Another strength would be listening to patient requests for more intensive treatment...embryologist was very informative through the process...Weakness: communication, and professionalism of the nursing staff in the mobile office.
Dr Ripps works with several locations within this clinic, so it was rare and infrequent that we were in touch with him personally. I always seemed to feel he didn’t share the same urgency as we did with our situation - that he felt our push to begin more intensive treatment methods wasn’t originally something he supported. Dr. Ripps has a great bedside manner and seems like he cares about your successes. However, there were several times when my husband and I left the clinic with unanswered questions. Some of the prescribed treatments and procedures left us in the dark as to what was going on. This in part is a testament to the communication between him and the nurses at the office location where we were patients. Dr Ripps also mentioned to us, after a year as patients in his office, that he knew of some abnormalities in my scans since I became a patient with him, but he didn’t view those abnormalities as dire, so he never mentioned them to us. That certainly created doubt in my mind, because I felt we should have been made aware of anything and everything that could be a cause to impact our fertility.
Be prepared with questions when you schedule an appointment with Dr Ripps! Since it is few and far between that you will actually meet with him, any questions you have are better answered in person. Also, understand that he leans on the cautious side of things - meaning, he generally doesn’t agree when patients come to see him with a sense of urgency, or who are looking for quick results. Dr Ripps advocated for my husband and I to attempt to conceive with timed intercourse and light meds to assist. If we hadn’t pushed for us to begin IUI/IVF (more intensive treatment), I am confident he wouldn’t have us on that path still today, over a year into our treatment.
While I always felt like the staff at New Life knew exactly who I was and was familiar with my situation, I almost felt like the atmosphere at the Mobile office was too relaxed... the staff there treated us as family to the point where there were blurred lines between professionalism and taking our care seriously
We began treatment with Dr Ripps in 2019 after a miscarriage And over a year of TTC on our own. Our new patient initial consult was with a NP, not Dr Ripps himself. We were sent for testing (a dye test to determine if my Fallopian tubes were open and also a scope test of my uterus). Both tests supposedly yielded normal results. Subsequently, we were advised to begin a trial cycle using meds to see how my body would respond. Roughly 5 months after my new patient visit, we began a cycle of clomid and timed intercourse. This resulted in a negative pregnancy test. We were told cycles were scheduled every other month, and on our second round we were prescribed stronger medications. We were told not to try that month as the medications produced too many eggs and therefore a high risk of multiples. Cycle was cancelled. We tried a third cycle of medications and timed intercourse that was unsuccessful, when we pushed to begin IUI. That was completed by a nurse at the Mobile location, yielded negative results. We were then scheduled for a second IUI, however the medications were again too strong and we were told to go home and try on our own, without using the trigger shot. However, then we received orders not to do this and to abstain. At this point, it was already too late. This resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Finally my husband and I pushed to begin IVF. I was told I was a high risk of OHSS and was told to order two different trigger shots (would take a specific one to manage OHSS if needed), and was instructed not to do the specific OHSS shot, but proceed with the normal shot. Egg retrieval yielded 29 eggs, 17 embryos. However, I also ended up with severe OHSS and was told I could not proceed with fresh transfer. We completed one frozen transfer the month following, resulting in a negative pregnancy test. Going into the second frozen transfer cycle, I was told there were abnormalities with my lining and I needed further testing. Two subsequent transfers were cancelled in order to repeat the same scope testing I completed as a new patient a year ago. Also was a called in for a saline infused sonogram, which was not able to show Dr Ripps anything. Ultimately was told I needed to go under the knife for an exploratory procedure to determine if I had uterine lining damage from a miscarriage prior to us being patients with Dr Ripps. At that point, I became skeptical because I felt that potential damage should have been something they discovered during initial testing, when at that time I was told there was no damage. Ultimately sought a second opinion upon scheduling the exploratory surgical procedure
Describe your experience with your nurse at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology). (Assigned nurse: Kathileen (Mobile Office))
Multiple times, I had prescription mix-ups and bumped heads with Kathileen. She often would give instructions, then call back giving opposite orders. One time, she even had to have a prescription sent to her home because she delayed too long on ordering and there was no delivery options to my home before the time sensitive date I needed to order by. When you called with questions or to ask for monthly schedules or medication refills, you are made to feel like you are a bother. And there was even a time when after 3 calls to her, she delayed too long in creating our monthly schedule and this resulted in us unable to hop onto the list for treatment for that month. If I were to rate this clinic on nursing staff alone, I would give a big fat 0.
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
Strength: Nurse in the Pensacola office. Very available and sweet, answered all questions in a timely and professional manner. Another strength would be listening to patient requests for more intensive treatment. Though we had to be the ones to initiate the conversation, Dr Ripps listened to us and allowed us to begin IVF when we felt ready. Finally, I would say the embryologist was very informative through the process. We received updates after our retrieval daily. And a thaw report when we began a FET cycle. Weakness: communication, and professionalism of the nursing staff in the mobile office.
We paid a deposit of $5,500 for our first IVF treatment (supposed to include the retrieval and one transfer). Our transfer was cancelled due to OHSS, and we never saw a dime of that back. In scheduling our first frozen transfer, we paid $500. Each IUI was $350, and diagnostics were a $250 co-pay
I requested 2 embryos be transferred for subsequent transfer procedures after our first. It was difficult to even get Dr Ripps to review that request, as it has to go through the nurse, who relayed the message to him. He then considers and relays the message back to us through the nurse. We ultimately never got consent to transfer multiples. He is very much an advocate of transferring one embryo in most conditions
Instance 1: Nurse Kathileen at Mobile office neglects to call in prescription/ prior authorization for new meds. Results in her having to have meds delivered to her house because otherwise, I would not receive them in a timely manner to take them when needed. Instance 2: Dr Ripps claimed to know about some possibly polyps in my uterus since we were new patients, but never told me about them until over a year into my treatment Instance 3: Nurse Kathileen instructs my husband and I to try to conceive at home on our own after medications yielded too many eggs to continue with IUI procedure. After following instructions, I received an email, text and voicemail telling me NOT to have intercourse. At this point, and it was too late and this resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Instance 4: After calling on 3 separate dates to request a schedule to be included on the list for a particular month’s transfer, Kathileen neglected to follow through and we were too late for that month as a result. Had to postpone to the following month.
Mobile

[Dr. Ripps] was very cold to me and when I mentioned that we were considering adoption he got upset and said "You're just going to give up?" and talked about us doing IVF. I personally do not see adoption as "giving up" Also, when I was recounting my miscarriages I started crying and he said he knew women much worse off than me which I did not appreciate. This was all during the first consult He was much nicer the other times I met with him, but we still decided to leave the clinic....He did seem like a decent doctor as far as being knowledgeable in his field...I very much felt like a number and that he was pushing IVF before we exhausted other options
[NewLIFE's] many offices are convenient for locals and the nurses are very nice. I think this office is understaffed which leads to issues with getting a call back. Also, the doctor treats you like a number...Nurses were incredibly sweet and sympathetic...I missed some testing windows and things of that nature because I couldn't get a call back to schedule things. I always had to call at least three times to get a call back.
He was very cold and uncaring the first time we met. He made some rude comments to me when I was upset and going through my history of miscarriages. He would also make make you feel dumb for asking legitimate questions. He did seem like a decent doctor as far as being knowledgeable in his field, but I did find some contradictions with his treatment plan and my new clinic's treatment plan. I very much felt like a number and that he was pushing IVF before we exhausted other options.
If you have a thick skin go for it, for me it was worth it to switch clinics.
He was very cold to me and when I mentioned that we were considering adoption he got upset and said "You're just going to give up?" and talked about us doing IVF. I personally do not see adoption as "giving up" Also, when I was recounting my miscarriages I started crying and he said he knew women much worse off than me which I did not appreciate. This was all during the first consult He was much nicer the other times I met with him, but we still decided to leave the clinic.
Testing
Nurses were incredibly sweet and sympathetic, but I think they may be understaffed at the Dothan office because they won't call back. I missed some testing windows and things of that nature because I couldn't get a call back to schedule things. I always had to call at least three times to get a call back.
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
It's many offices are convenient for locals and the nurses are very nice. I think this office is understaffed which leads to issues with getting a call back. Also, the doctor treats you like a number.
I was taking a new medication and was having an allergic reaction and couldn't get a call back to ask if I should stop taking it or take a different medication.
Dothan
Overall Dr. Ripps is very experienced professional. His strengths are being thorough and confident in his job. He is very thorough with assigning diagnostic testing and labs...His weakness would be availability. He has multiple clinics in the panhandle so his schedule is very tight, I had to wait 4 months from my initial consultation to the “plan meeting” to determine course of action. Also, during the plan meeting it felt very rushed like it was on a time constraint.
The clinic [NewLIFE] overall is great. I honestly believe the biggest strength of the clinic is the nurses and NPs. They were so compassionate, informative and available during a very stressful time. One of their weakness is availability of appointments...I had to wait 4 months from my initial consultation to the “plan meeting” to determine course of action...My NP that I worked with was very patient with all my questions and even gave out a cell phone number for patients to contact her during after hours during the cycle.
Overall Dr. Ripps is very experienced professional. His strengths are being thorough and confident in his job. He is very thorough with assigning diagnostic testing and labs. He covered all bases to determine the issue of fertility. His confidence was very reassuring when the fear of unknown is looming. To my husband it kind of came of as arrogant, but I appreciated his certainty. During all the tests and procedures he was present for he made me very comfortable and informed me of what was to be done and expected. His weakness would be availability. He has multiple clinics in the panhandle so his schedule is very tight, I had to wait 4 months from my initial consultation to the “plan meeting” to determine course of action. Also, during the plan meeting it felt very rushed like it was on a time constraint.
Set up an appointment now! Even if you’re unsure of your fertility status, get your name on the books. It’s better to cancel an appt then wait months. Also do some research before the initial appointment. I’m in the medical field so I understand most medical terminology but my husband did not. I felt it was very helpful to research things on social media (Facebook groups or Instagram influencers), and friends that have experienced infertility. For me google did not have most the answers I was looking for.
I felt like a human because he remembered my career and always asked me specific questions about my job.
For my IVF cycle they started me off on birth control to take control of my cycle. Then after my baseline monitoring was done I was started on a high dose of stimulating medications due to my low AMH/DOR. I was dosed 225IU of Menopur and 225IU of follistim. I was on stim meds for 8 days. I had 3 very large follicles (22-26mm) and many other small follicles (14-16mm) So it was a battle of making sure my large follicles didn’t grow too big, and the smaller ones could catch up. Once the stim process was done, I triggered and set up the egg retrieval. The egg retrieval yielded 7 follicle: 2 cysts and 5 eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology). (Assigned nurse: Heather Doerr)
The nursing staff was FANTASTIC. They were all very nice and attentive. By the end of my cycle they all knew me on a first name basis which was very comforting. My NP that I worked with was very patient with all my questions and even gave out a cell phone number for patients to contact her during after hours during the cycle. She was incredibly sweet and always took time to explain the next steps and what to expect. Whenever I called and left a message they always returned my call by the same day. The financial department was great with accommodating insurance (or lack of) and payments.
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
The clinic overall is great. I honestly believe the biggest strength of the clinic is the nurses and NPs. They were so compassionate, informative and available during a very stressful time. One of their weakness is availability of appointments.
The cost of my care was completely out of pocket. My health insurance did not cover anything. Consultation appointments were $200-300. Each lab were anywhere from $30- $150. The clinic offered to send out some labs to the cheapest testing site since they knew I was paying out of pocket. For the IVF process the cost was $10,400 and that including the cycle ultrasounds, labs, cyroperservation of the embryos, anesthesia and the embryologist.
My doctor told me initially that due to my age and guidelines I was only allowed to transfer one embryo. He did not want to risk the chance of having multiples. He did talk about it again on retrieval day that if I had embryos that graded low we might transfer 2. But only if I did not have 1 good scoring embryo. I ended up with 1 4BB which he thought was good enough to just transfer one.
2020, Unknown Success
I would say overall he [Dr. Barry Ripps] was a great doctor. He was very blunt into the point and made sure we knew what we were getting ourselves into as well as what our test results had said. I wish I had seen him more than just for the consultation and then again to go over the results of all of our labs but I know that he is working at two or three different clinics and can’t be there all the time...he will be very honest and blunt with the information he gives you...
Their [NewLIFE clinic] strength is that they are precise and I would say their weakness is the failure to communicate. To anyone who is thinking about going to this clinic just know that it’s going to be a lengthy process and that it won’t all get done in the matter of one cycle...when our payments stalled they turned kind of ugly and we had a hard time getting any help from them...The nursing staff was on point
I would say overall he was a great doctor. He was very blunt into the point and made sure we knew what we were getting ourselves into as well as what our test results had said. I wish I had seen him more than just for the consultation and then again to go over the results of all of our labs but I know that he is working at two or three different clinics and can’t be there all the time.
If you’re going to the mobile location don’t expect to see him a lot but when you do talk to him he will be very honest and blunt with the information he gives you
For the most part they were sweet and caring and treated us as if they wanted to help us however when our payments stalled they turned kind of ugly and we had a hard time getting any help from them.
The only thing that was prescribed to me was vitamin D3 500 mg as I guess my vitamin D was low on my blood results but other than that the first few visits we’re just getting blood drawn and transvaginal ultrasound and they did do a testicular ultrasound on my husband. They then sent me to the Pensacola location to have my HSG and hysteroscope procedure done in one day.
The nursing staff was on point and did everything they could to help us up until we got behind on our payments due to being out of a job. Once there was money still owed to them they stopped communicating and withheld all results that we had.
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
Their strength is that they are precise and I would say their weakness is the failure to communicate. To anyone who is thinking about going to this clinic just know that it’s going to be a lengthy process and that it won’t all get done in the matter of one cycle
It was really expensive but they were able to get insurance to cover some of the blood test
I do not. We have not made it that far yet
The clinic gave us an appointment via voicemail and told us to call and confirm. We called to confirm 20 minutes later and no one answered so we then in return left a voicemail. No one ever got back to us about the appointment so we showed up for our appointment which they then told us we did not have an rescheduled us for a later date. Also we were asked to join a portal and none of our information besides my vitamin D was listed in it

2016 - 2020, Successful
Dr Ripps has been a great doctor throughout our 5 years under his care...We were always well informed about the process and were given all the information needed. When we were concerned about anything, he would schedule appointments with us to discuss treatment plans, etc...We were unable to do a multiple embryo transfer given my age and, at the time, no history of miscarriage.
Wonderful clinic! I honestly don’t have any weaknesses besides sometimes having to wait a long time before my appointment, but that is not a big deal. All the staff are incredibly professional and warm hearted. I got to know most staff members of the clinic on a personal level and it made my experience that much better...[nurses] are caring and compassionate and all incredible at what they do
Dr Ripps has been a great doctor throughout our 5 years under his care. Although we did not get all perfect outcomes, we have a beautiful baby because of him. We were always well informed about the process and were given all the information needed. When we were concerned about anything, he would schedule appointments with us to discuss treatment plans, etc.
Ask questions if you have them and advocate for yourself as well. Many people going though fertility treatments know their bodies. Speak up if you have concerns or questions.
The care given was always great. I truly felt like our dr was advocating for us instead of just being “another patient”.
The entire staff at New Life is absolutely phenomenal. I couldn’t have gone through what we went through without them. They are caring and compassionate and all incredible at what they do.
Not covered by insurance

2020, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Barry Ripps] seems to have the same practiced speech every time I saw him, and wanted to push toward $$ IVF immediately, but he was nice and explained things thoroughly. I didn’t see him outside of my initial consultations...I didn’t like that they chose to “batch” all the patients together, putting me on birth control so i lined up with their schedule...I didn’t feel like my protocol was individualized...
they [NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology)] do a good job working with insurance and monitoring you throughout the cycle...[nurses] Take care of what is needed...sometimes have to stay on top of them to make sure I’m not lost in the shuffle...I didn’t like that they chose to “batch” all the patients together, putting me on birth control so i lined up with their schedule.
He seems to have the same practiced speech every time I saw him, and wanted to push toward $$ IVF immediately, but he was nice and explained things thoroughly. I didn’t see him outside of my initial consultations.
Go in having done your own research.
Timed intercourse with Femara and injections. There seemed to be no rationale between which injections were chosen, but Femara was chosen because of the “better” side effects vs. Clomid. I have not been successful yet, but do not think that has to do with the clinic. They monitor the cycles well.
Take care of what is needed, efficient, but sometimes have to stay on top of them to make sure I’m not lost in the shuffle.
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
I didn’t feel like my protocol was individualized, but was a good first entrance into the infertility world. The ladies run the clinic, and they do a good job working with insurance and monitoring you throughout the cycle.
Insurance covered most items, outside of prescription copays
Mobile
Dr. Ripps traveled to different facilities so he was not always available to talk to and answer questions. His staff and coordinators were awesome. We never felt like we were missing anything with his absence...The first IUI was unmedicated and was unsuccessful. The second IUI was medicated with Letrozole and a "trigger shot," and was also unsuccessful. All of her labs were normal and we thought both would result in a pregnancy.
The staff is very warm and friendly [at NewLIFE]. They explain your treatment plan and are there to answer any questions...Dr. Ripps traveled to different facilities so he was not always available to talk to and answer questions. His staff and coordinators were awesome. We never felt like we were missing anything with his absence...
Just stay positive and if you have any questions, ask them.
The staff is very warm and friendly. They explain your treatment plan and are there to answer any questions.
The nursing staff, (Heather and Kathlieen) were incredible. They were always there to answer questions and to make the environment comfortable.
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
The clinic is open Monday-Thursday and 1/2 the day on Friday. It is easiest to reach them on the phone and they usually always answer or return calls. The clinic is easy to find and is always clean. Be prepared to ask questions and do as much "research" on IUI and IVF as possible before your first visit, so you know what questions to ask.
The costs were general co-pays for check ups. The IUI procedure cost $350 each time.
Mobile

Dr. Ripps took the time out to explain everything to me and my husband during every procedure. He was very caring when I had my surgery he went out personally and got my husband to bring him back to me and explained what happened and what the outcome was. ... He took the time to explain everything to me and my husband. ...
To me the clinic [NewLIFE] was always prepared for when I came in for my appointment they was always on time. I would maybe sit in the lobby before pulling me back and they never took forever during the appointments. ... They were very sweet and caring. They scheduled my appointments around my work schedule, which I thought was very sweet of them. After I had my surgery they called the day after to make sure I was ok and that I wasnt having any after effects.
To just trust Dr. Ripps he knows what he is talking about.
He took the time to explain everything to me and my husband.
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
To me the clinic was always prepared for when I came in for my appointment they was always on time. I would maybe sit in the lobby before pulling me back and they never took forever during the appointments.

2020, Unknown Success
[Dr. Barry Ripps] went out of his way to ensure that all of my questions were answered, no matter how annoying I felt like I was being. He wasn’t afraid to correct me and ensure that I was properly educated...He is a little blunt, but he makes up for that by trying to get to know you on a personal level. I have only met him once, and I have been there A LOT...
This is a very small clinic location [NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology)], so this doesn’t create a feeling that you are just a number. It is comfortable and cozy. As a teacher, they also accommodate my availability very well...[nurse] learns who you are as a person. She ended up remembering things I had told her early in my treatment. It truly feels like a family there...
He takes the time to be thorough. He is a little blunt, but he makes up for that by trying to get to know you on a personal level. I have only met him once, and I have been there A LOT, but it was also the first meeting so I am trying to get to know him
Go in with as many questions as possible so that you leave feeling content and well educated
He went out of his way to ensure that all of my questions were answered, no matter how annoying I felt like I was being. He wasn’t afraid to correct me and ensure that I was properly educated.
Since we had tried multiple times at home already, he recommended using letrazole. Post tests, my ovarian reserve is lower than others my age, so that is still what is being done. I had no reason to feel that there is anything else wrong with me, but thanks to his extensive tests we discovered quite a few flaws.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology). (Assigned nurse: Deanna)
Extremely friendly!!! She learns who you are as a person. She ended up remembering things I had told her early in my treatment. It truly feels like a family there
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
This is a very small clinic location, so this doesn’t create a feeling that you are just a number. It is comfortable and cozy. As a teacher, they also accommodate my availability very well which can be hard to do since I live 40 mins away from the location
My insurance was great until it got to the medication and larger procedures. Especially since my HSG FAILED I had to pay twice for that. I haven’t gotten to the actual attempted cycle and I have already spent over 1000 as a teacher which is hard
Tallahassee

[Dr. Barry Ripps] is very blunt & informative, laying everything out in the table for you...Makes suggestion and gives you options; all while trying to make sure that treatment plan is affordable for you...Let me not leave out his great sense of humor...After looking a lab values, ultrasounds and semen analysis; he creates a plan of action to help you and/or spouse create a new life
As a new patient [at NewLIFE] it may be a while before your able to be seen...We opted for medicated intercourse something our insurance would pay for...We have receive our medication at discounted price (pharmacy suggested by the clinic). We have not had a successful cycle at this time...the medication we have left over we can use in the IVF cycle
B.Ripps is very blunt & informative, laying everything out in the table for you.. Makes suggestion and gives you options; all while trying to make sure that treatment plan is affordable for you.. Let me not leave out his great sense of humor:.
After looking a lab values, ultrasounds and semen analysis; he creates a plan of action to help you and/or spouse create a new life..
The staff know/ greet my husband and I by name when we visit the clinic.. Our appointments aren’t rushed through; when it’s our time to be seen I feel as if I’m given there undivided attention..
Consultation visit we went over labs and ultrasounds I had done at GYNO & my husbands semen analysis (1) at another clinic and the other at new life.. From then on our appointments were schedule and a checklist of to do’s were given to us at this time.. I went to the clinic to receive my second HSG with saline, it was painless (would definitely do again vs IV dye).. At that appointment we confirmed that right tube was still blocked... Also my husband had his second semen analysis done at new life confirmIng his diagnosis.. All that was left was my laparoscopic surgery, it was a option I did not have to do it.. Going forward I made the decision to do so, because I wanted the best outcome for our fertility issues.. I wasn’t down for long, it took about a week to recover and I was back at work.. Now with the being said our options were to trying to conceive with medicated intercourse or IVF.. We opted for medicated intercourse something our insurance would pay for.. We have receive our medication at discounted price (pharmacy suggested by the clinic). We have not had a successful cycle at this time.. On the up side the medication we have left over we can use in the IVF cycle when that time comes..
Describe your experience with your nurse at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology). (Assigned nurse: Kristy )
Communication is everything.. If I have any questions/concerns I can give them a call.. If they don’t pick up immediately, the my always return your calls..
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
As a new patient it may be a while before your able to be seen. Be patient it’s worth it.. Have your spouse or significant other come with for moral support.. The come communication between staff and patient are wonderful.. Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
I’ve only paid for one prescription of Gonalf- $500.. So far the rest of our expenses have been covered by tricare. Just wish tricare assisted with the pay for IVF..

2014 - 2019, Successful
He [Dr. Ripps] is very quick to deliver information and mostly just points to the computer screen and goes over results. You rarely see him but he has to approve everything. He's not very aggressive with meds either. He's nice but he gives off a vibe like someone putting on a show...He is mostly against multiple [embryo transfers]...
I love how small [NewLIFE] is. It seems more private and it's easy to get an appointment or just call to talk about something. Rooms are a bit crowded if you want someone there for an IUI but they've recently upgraded their equipment and made improvements that really help make the experience less stressful. Warming gel and a monitor next to head so you can see what she's seeing is great!..IUI without insurance is $1800 plus meds. IVF is between $12-15k
He is very quick to deliver information and mostly just points to the computer screen and goes over results. You rarely see him but he has to approve everything. He's not very aggressive with meds either. He's nice but he gives off a vibe like someone putting on a show.
If you have additional complications he's going to want to resolve those himself. He wanted to do all my surgeries even though I had a local doctor who could. I don't understand why. He's a bit hypocritical - says his surgery helped me with my endometriosis, and sure enough, I got pregnant after. But then when I say it's a concern for the next time I try he says it had nothing to do with it.
Everything was presented by the numbers. I didn't feel like he gave any advice that was empowering.
Started out slow, oral meds, then moved onto injections. Bases things on response as far as i know. You don't really talk to him but one time for your consult or if there's problems after many tries.
The nursing staff is who made all the difference. It's because of them that I keep coming back. They're supportive, help me understand things and guide me every step of the way. They are always about finding solutions and their compassion is evident.
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
I love how small it is. It seems more private and it's easy to get an appointment or just call to talk about something. Rooms are a bit crowded if you want someone there for an IUI but they've recently upgraded their equipment and made improvements that really help make the experience less stressful. Warming gel and a monitor next to head so you can see what she's seeing is great!
IUI without insurance is $1800 plus meds. IVF is between $12-15k
He is mostly against multiple.
Dr Ripps said my endometriosis was an issue before my first pregnancy but when trying for a second he says it wasn't. My new clinic said their request for records continues to go without response.
Tallahassee

I received fertility testing and advice on what to do to achieve pregnancy [from Dr. Barry Ripps]...spoke to me in a nice tone, but told me there was no way I could get pregnant except through a medical procedure that he would have to perform. I felt like I was being sold his service even when there were other options. I just didn't believe him because questions I asked and got answers from, his answers contradicted information that I got from other doctors and resources.
I received fertility testing and advice on what to do to achieve pregnancy [at New Life]...The nursing staff was courteous...During consultations, the doctor provided me conflicting information about my results and what my options were. He also failed to convey critical information which made my options for care and treatment limited...This is a very small, intimate facility. They use the latest procedures and the equipment seems to be up to date. The clinic has a courteous receptionist who is also the billing agent and she performs both jobs well. The check-in procedure is fast and accurate and there have never been any billing issues. The nursing staff is also courteous and knowledgeble.
Dr. Barry Ripps is strong in selling his procedures, products, and services but weak in listening to the patient. I asked questions that I knew the answers to already to see what he would say, and every answer was negative, but it was said with a smile and a suggestion that I choose this procedure or that medication. I wasn't told the positive possibilities only the negative possibilities which made it seem as if I needed to spend thousands of dollars to follow his regimen.
If this is the only doctor that your insurance covers and you have to go to him, go informed and ask questions to see where he is with you. Does it seem like he's concerned about your well-being or does it see like he's trying to sell you his products and services? Ask about possible positive outcomes if he doesn't bring them up.
I felt in between a number and a human because the doctor spoke to me in a nice tone, but told me there was no way I could get pregnant except through a medical procedure that he would have to perform. I felt like I was being sold his service even when there were other options. I just didn't believe him because questions I asked and got answers from, his answers contradicted information that I got from other doctors and resources.
I received fertility testing and advice on what to do to achieve pregnancy.
The nursing staff was courteous.
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
Everything was paid for by my insurance, so I don't know.
none
Tallahassee

Dr. Ripps is caring, patient, and made sure we had all of the information and all of our questions were answered. He provided an outline of treatment options and let us choose what was right for us... explains everything to you in as much detail as you desire. He’s a skilled surgeon and I had the easiest recovery from my laparoscopic surgery that he performed than all of the prior three abdominal surgeries...He orders blood work for me and a semen analysis for my husband. Both cans back with good results, so he recommended using ovulation meds to get me ovulating on my left side (I only have on tube) each month, but I elected to have him perform a laparoscopic surgery to break up adhesions from prior surgeries. Once the surgery was complete, we completed one medicated ovulation cycle and got pregnant!
They [nurses at New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology] are wonderful - kind, compassionate, caring, and knowledgeable. They felt like friends after a few visits...The clinic staff and doctors are great. ...Expect wonderful care and you will receive it! Their strengths are knowledge and a caring compassionate demeanor. The only weakness was I occasionally had to wait more than 30 minutes for my appointment.
Dr. Ripps is knowledgeable and caring. He is patient and explains everything to you in as much detail as you desire. He’s a skilled surgeon and I had the easiest recovery from my laparoscopic surgery that he performed than all of the prior three abdominal surgeries.
Trust him and share all of your questions and concerns.
They are wonderful - kind, compassionate, caring, and knowledgeable. They felt like friends after a few visits.
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
The clinic staff and doctors are great. I cannot say enough good things. Expect wonderful care and you will receive it! Their strengths are knowledge and a caring compassionate demeanor. The only weakness was I occasionally had to wait more than 30 minutes for my appointment.
Coats for bloodwork, HSG, ultrasounds, a laparoscopic procedure and office visits but I don’t know the total cost.
Pensacola

Be prepared for a very science and evidence based practitioner [Dr. Barry Ripps]...We used only letrizole during IUI cycles to prepare as our oral drug. We used Gonal F injectable you help the follicles grow. The results were good and as expected. I had to use more than most people because my egg reserve is low...I did feel like a human. He has good eye contact and was warm during our interactions...He was very good at explaining the procedures to us. He was very thorough and answered questions well. The appointments were quick. I was always very pleased with my interactions.
They [New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology] are good communicators. They are excellent at billing and willing to look into my questions. They are very busy so they can be booked out far for appointments. They are in need of additional providers for that reason...The staff is the best part of this clinic. They have been supportive and caring from the start. They have helped me and my family through a very tough time with grace and finesse.
He was very evidence based driven. I appreciate the emphasis on the science. He was very good at explaining the procedures to us. He was very thorough and answered questions well. The appointments were quick. I was always very pleased with my interactions.
Be prepared for a very science and evidence based practitioner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology). (Assigned nurse: Kelly)
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
They are good communicators. They are excellent at billing and willing to look into my questions. They are very busy so they can be booked out far for appointments. They are in need of additional providers for that reason.
Approximately 10,000.00 for an ivf cycle with egg retrieval. This is not including medicine.
No comments
There was only one occasion where we did not get a call back to schedule our IUI. I had to drive up to the clinic. It was quickly scheduled and resolved after I arrived.
Pensacola

Dr Ripps strongly preferred one embryo transfer and explained the reasoning very thoroughly...He was always kind and compassionate...came across very knowledgeable...He was thorough in explaining what he saw in my test cycle, and he seemed confident but not arrogant. I did communicate more with the nurses regarding my care which was different than I expected, but Dr Ripps spoke with us each time we changed to a different method of treatment...We tried femara plus trigger shot without success. Moved to femara, trigger shot and IUI without success. Then injections (follistem) trigger shot and IUI without success. Then we decided on IVF and were successful on our first transfer.
The clinic [New Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology- Mobile] was small so I definitely felt known and cared for there. They were extremely accommodating to my work schedule since I was working full time. I loved having the same nurse and tech throughout the process and they truly felt like family by the time we left...we saw Kathileen and Heather (ultrasound tech) every visit. They were very compassionate and we felt like they were cheering us on throughout the entire process.
Dr Ripps came across very knowledgeable and kind. He was thorough in explaining what he saw in my test cycle, and he seemed confident but not arrogant. I did communicate more with the nurses regarding my care which was different than I expected, but Dr Ripps spoke with us each time we changed to a different method of treatment.
Trust the process and don't be afraid to ask for clarification until you feel comfortable with the plan of action.
He was always kind and compassionate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology). (Assigned nurse: Kathileen )
It is a very small clinic in Mobile so we saw Kathileen and Heather (ultrasound tech) every visit. They were very compassionate and we felt like they were cheering us on throughout the entire process.
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
The clinic was small so I definitely felt known and cared for there. They were extremely accommodating to my work schedule since I was working full time. I loved having the same nurse and tech throughout the process and they truly felt like family by the time we left.

2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Ripps displayed a true interest in me and my situation as a person. I was impressed by the individual care and attention I received... is a passionate and caring physician who is extremely knowledgeable in his field. He took the time to fully explain treatment plans and answer all questions...He has an evidence-based approach to his treatment plan...discusses weight loss and dietary changes. He immediately suggested a variety of vitamins to combat my deficiencies. We used a variety of medications until we found the correct plan for me.
The entire clinical staff [at New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology] was professional and took a vested interest in me as a person...The costs and pricing were fair and significantly less that other clinics we priced in the area...I was continuously impressed with the professionalism, sincerity, and communication of all New Life employees. Do not be afraid to ask questions. All calls are answered and messages returned promptly.
Dr. Ripps is a passionate and caring physician who is extremely knowledgeable in his field. He took the time to fully explain treatment plans and answer all questions. We could not have been any happier with all of our experiences with Dr. Ripps.
Trust Dr. Ripps. He has an evidence-based approach to his treatment plan and they do work.
Dr. Ripps discusses weight loss and dietary changes. He immediately suggested a variety of vitamins to combat my deficiencies. We used a variety of medications until we found the correct plan for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology). (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
The entire clinical staff was professional and took a vested interest in me as a person.
Pensacola

[Dr. Barry Ripps] needs to be more patient active. I have never met him and have been in the practice for a year...We have done clomid, letrazole, injections, trigger shots, and iui with all of the above. No positive pregnancy test...I've never met dr. Ripps only dr. Delany and she is no longer there. His nurses in panama city help me the most. I think dr. Ripps should be more present...Great patient services though and a variety of services offered
[Nurses at New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology are] Amazing. You felt like a sister to them. They have went above and beyond for me!...RX forgot to be called in but was fixed when I called them to fix it...300 a visit because my insurance does not cover fertility treatments. IuI was 950 a cycle...Old and outdated decor. Needs updating. Dr. Ripps needs to be more patient active. I have never met him and have been in the practice for a year. Great patient services though and a variety of services offered
I've never met dr. Ripps only dr. Delany and she is no longer there. His nurses in panama city help me the most. I think dr. Ripps should be more present. It is a great office over all though. I recommended a friend there and she did get pregnant. So that's a plus.
Listen to them. Follow directions. Communication is key
His Panama city staff made me feel great
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
RX forgot to be called in but was fixed when I called them to fix it
Panama City
Dr. Delaney was always friendly and warm. She took the time to explain things to me, but also didn't talk down to me when she realized I already understood how a certain drug or process would work. I met with her twice for consultation and she came to a few of my ultrasounds to check my progress...The first cycle spent with her is a testing cycle. I thought it would be a real attempt at getting pregnant and found out after the fact that the first cycle was purely meant for her to check how everything worked. This is a good procedure, but I wish I had realized going into the first cycle that it wasn't expected to result in pregnancy.
The nursing staff really shine here [at New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology]. The nurse who often talked me through procedures or answered my questions was always kind and thorough...The clinic is incredibly thoughtful and friendly...Both the doctor and the clinic always treated me with consideration and respect. They were very considerate of my low tolerance for blood draws and always let me lay down and take my time and even brought me snacks if I was woozy after. They were warm and remembered my name and my case and all hugged me at my last appointment. I'm truly sad to leave!
How was your experience with Meaghan A. Delaney at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meaghan A. Delaney at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology)?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meaghan A. Delaney at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology)?
Describe the protocols Meaghan A. Delaney used in your cycles at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology) and their degree of success.
For my PCOS, Dr. Delaney prescribed Letrozole and a trigger shot. She also put me on a thyroid medication, a medication to lower my prolactin levels, and Ovasitol.
The nursing staff really shine here. The nurse who often talked me through procedures or answered my questions was always kind and thorough. The ultrasound tech would always chat with me while she did the ultrasound. My favorite nurse in the office always drew my blood, and she took me from passing out after blood draws to easily getting my blood drawn without a problem. They were very considerate of my fear of needles and let me lay down and respected my request to not tell me when they were sticking me, but just make small talk to distract me instead. The women who worked at the desk also always remembered my name and were very friendly. I adore the nursing staff here. They seemed absolutely thrilled for me when I got pregnant, and I wish I could stay at this office throughout my pregnancy!
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
The clinic is incredibly thoughtful and friendly. My only complaint was that they required my husband to do a sperm analysis despite the fact that he had previously had one in recent years and there wasn't much reason to think he had a problem. They will not treat you without doing that. I understand wanting all the information, so it wasn't a huge deal, only a small frustration for us in particular.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Meaghan A. Delaney at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
My costs were very reasonable and my insurance covered most of it. I did not have IVF or IUI, so I can't say what costs are affiliated with those.
Meaghan A. Delaney
Pensacola

My husband and I both attended the appointment [with Dr. Barry Ripps] to decide the course of treatment. Although ivf was an option it was not presented as the only option. I did not feel he was pushy at all. He is very factual, candid and to the point. He also was able to joke around and laugh with us. I was happy with the treatment plan.... I did IUIs first with femara. Protocol for first egg retrieval was 75mg gonal-f. I did not respond that cycle for egg retrieval and did timed intercourse which was unsuccessful.
You will not see the doctor at every appt here in [New LIFE] Panama City but he does review all charts and changes in treatment plan. There is a slight delay in knowing exactly what is next if there are changes because of this. It's a small office where you get to know all the staff and they know you.... Terri the nurse practitioner for the clinic. She is knowledgeable and compassionate with results. No one wants to hear that their cycle is canceled or that they have a negative pregnancy test. Terri promptly returns phone calls when there are questions.
My husband and I both attended the appointment to decide the course of treatment. Although ivf was an option it was not presented as the only option. I did not feel he was pushy at all. He is very factual, candid and to the point. He also was able to joke around and laugh with us. I was happy with the treatment plan.
I feel like he will give you the best options and if that is ivf, then he would direct you to that immediately.
He was factual and direct with information but also made jokes and laughed with us.
I did IUIs first with femara. Protocol for first egg retrieval was 75mg gonal-f. I did not respond that cycle for egg retrieval and did timed intercourse which was unsuccessful. For second egg retrieval, we used gonal-f, Menopur and one other I can't recall. Egg retrieval was successful with 18 eggs retrieved that produced 2 embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology). (Assigned nurse: Terri Bishop)
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
You will not see the doctor at every appt here in Panama City but he does review all charts and changes in treatment plan. There is a slight delay in knowing exactly what is next if there are changes because of this. It's a small office where you get to know all the staff and they know you.
My insurance paid for diagnostic testing: hsg, genetic testing, saline us. All costs of the cycles were my responsibility. IUIs were $1200 I think. Egg retrieval was $8700 for all monitoring and procedures. Each transfer will be $2700.
They only transfer one embryo based on age. I am ok with this as I do not desire multiples.
Panama City

Instantly I liked her. She [Dr. Delaney] found ways to explain things to me because I always felt I had a million questions, even though we had done this before. She never once compared our first ivf cycle to this one and that made me happy, because every Ivf cycle is different.... with that being said she increased my meds for our second round so we could have a better chance of having frozen embryos.... She is full of warm and fuzzies but she is also honest.
Know they [New Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology] are a growing practice. Its very different from when we originally started seeing them back in 2015. So sometimes it takes awhile for them to call you back. Unless it's ivf week.. they say during that time they are on egg time! So they call you back day or night immediately.... Kathleen is a Godsend! I absolutely love her. She basically runs the Mobile, Al office and the Biloxi office. She takes all my calls, all my questions.
Instantly I liked her. She found ways to explain things to me because I always felt I had a million questions, even though we had done this before. She never once compared our first ivf cycle to this one and that made me happy, because every Ivf cycle is different.
She is full of warm and fuzzies but she is also honest. But even if she has to give bad news, she breaks it to you ever so gently.
She knew we were very hesitant to start meeting with her because we we're so lucky with Dr. Ripps, but she really got to know us and was really comforting. She and I instantly clicked!
My body tends to take medicine very well. The only time she compared our first cycle to the second was when looking at my egg retrieval and how many we got to day 5. So with that being said she increased my meds for our second round so we could have a better chance of having frozen embryos. Other then that we were pretty text book. Did the shots for 9 nights. Trigger shot then egg retrieval. We did a 5 day transfer and we were told it was a beautiful embryo. Unfortunately we lost it. So now we are waiting to do our next cycle. That was also absed in Dr. Delaney. We could have done a mid cycle transfer, but she really wanted my body to heal and be ready for our hopeful transfer at the end of October.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology). (Assigned nurse: Kathleen)
Kathleen is a Godsend! I absolutely love her. She basically runs the Mobile, Al office and the Biloxi office. She takes all my calls, all my questions. When we found out we were going to miscarry she just let me cry with her and she held me and just comforted me. She is absolutely amazing. If I had to give a score from 1-10.. I would give her 100!
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
Know they are a growing practice. Its very different from when we originally started seeing them back in 2015. So sometimes it takes awhile for them to call you back. Unless it's ivf week.. they say during that time they are on egg time! So they call you back day or night immediately.
We were very lucky the first time with Ivf, it was completely covered. This time not so much. We had to pay almost $3000 in just our testing. Then $8700 for the ivf cycle. And because we miscarried, I am going to have to pay another $2900 for a frozen embryo transfer.
Because Kathleen is doing so much she's forgotten I have called and made an appointment. She will call me a few days later and say ok let's make your appointment, and I would be confused because I had already made it. Made me laugh more then anything.
Meaghan A. Delaney
Pensacola

[Dr. Barry Ripps] is a good listener. Anytime I had a question he answered it fully to the best of his ability. He was patient and took his time when we met. He got the ball rolling and did not dilly dally around...ordered and checked my husbands seamen analysis. He ordered a repeat after low count, low motility and low morphology were detected. He ran bloodwork on me. -Bloodwork came back that I had low Vitamin D and high prolactin levels. I was told to up my Vitamin D to 800mg and was put on Bromocriptine 2.5mg 1/2 a pill every night.
Full blood workup with ultrasound was around $700...Untrasound and blood test was about $200...Consultations were around $230...Seamen analysis was $85...IUI quote was $1800 [costs at New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology]...I would have to say that this clinic tries to keep appointments on time and they get you in and out quickly. I wish that they would have an online portal so I can print out results, pay online, or send an instand message if I have an emergency. It is often difficult to get a hold of a nurse right away. You almost always have to leave a message if you are an established patient.
Barry is a good listener. Anytime I had a question he answered it fully to the best of his ability. He was patient and took his time when we met. He got the ball rolling and did not dilly dally around.
Font be afraid to ask questions. Barry will more than happy to answer.
I was not rushed. He took time to explain the steps we were going to take, he answered questions I had, and went into detail what was going on with mine and my husbands body.
Dr Berry ordered and checked my husbands seamen analysis. He ordered a repeat after low count, low motility and low morphology were detected. He ran bloodwork on me. -Bloodwork came back that I had low Vitamin D and high prolactin levels. I was told to up my Vitamin D to 800mg and was put on Bromocriptine 2.5mg 1/2 a pill every night. - Ran bloodwork again after a month and they upped my Vitamin D to 5000mg. -My prolactin levels are currently where they should be, however I am still on the bromocryptine. I was put on Letrozole for a cycle. During which I had a transvaginal ultrasound done to check lining of my uterus, egg size, and egg quantity during the beginning of my cycle and then again during the middle of my cycle. - Everything came back normal He performed a hysteroscopy -Came back that I did not have any fibroids or cysts. I had a HSG Dye test done -Showing that both my tubes were open. I had a laproscopy done. -(Burned off a tiny spot that could or could not have been endometriosis) My husbands sperm count came back again with low count, low motility, and low morphology. My husband had his hormones tested (TSH, LH, Prolactin, Testosterone) -Was in the normal range. Husband had a scrotal ultrasound performed -Showing good blood flow and no obstructions Husband had Genetic testing done -Came back normal My husband was then referred to an urologist.
The Nursing staff have been super positive and sweet. They are quick and gentle when performing tests. Everyone is down to earth and you can tell they have your best interest at heart.
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
Full blood workup with ultrasound was around $700 Untrasound and blood test was about $200 Consultations were around $230 Seamen analysis was $85 IUI quote was $1800
- N/A