Genetic counseling is not offered: Not Offered
334-718-1463
6701 Airport Blvd
Mobile, AL 36608
251-583-2994
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend New Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.8
9.8

1 doctor
They [New Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology] have treated my husband and I like family since day one. There were a lot of nerves in the beginning just going into the unknown, but through months of workup and diagnostic testing they have absolutely been by our side and have given us so much hope! ... The clinic is very professional, always call back if you have to leave a message. Very relaxed environment, staff makes you feel right at home. ... Their compassion toward infertility is so evident!
Describe your experience with New Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology.
The clinic is very professional, always call back if you have to leave a message. Very relaxed environment, staff makes you feel right at home. I would tell any new patient seeing this clinic to be prepared to loved through your entire journey. Their compassion toward infertility is so evident!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Barry Ripps at New Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology?
They have treated my husband and I like family since day one. There were a lot of nerves in the beginning just going into the unknown, but through months of workup and diagnostic testing they have absolutely been by our side and have given us so much hope!
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology. (Assigned nurse: Hannah)
Very professional and understanding. They are always willing to explain what is going on in detail.
How was your experience with Barry Ripps at New Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology?
Dr.Ripps broke down everything detail by detail and gave us all options to choose from. We never felt we were pressured into doing one treatment or the other. Some fertility clinics will push IVF immediately just because it makes them the most money, however, not this clinic. Dr.Ripps and his staff are truly in this business because of their compassion and fight to give hope to the ones battling infertility. It is very evident to see this during each visit.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Barry Ripps at New Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology?
Don't worry or be anxious, they will ease your worries and stay by your side through every step and every question you may have along the way.
Describe the protocols Barry Ripps used in your cycles at New Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology and their degree of success.
We are in the middlemof choosing the best treatment for us. We are candidates for all treatments, IUI and IVF. At this time we are praying to see what will be the best choice for us. We are looking at our financial approach to it all as well. Praying and seeking the best journey for us. We have had 7 mo the of Clomid cycles in the past (before ever knowing dr.ripps) under the care of my gyn and husband urology. He took Clomid as well. Turns out, after meeting with Dr.Ripps I never needed the Clomid, gyn only prescribed it because we were desperate. Dr.Ripps says I have plenty of eggs to work with without any fertility meds. We are facing low motility count on S.A.. that's the only factor we face at this time. Total sperm count is good. Just the motility a little slow. So, we have not technically tried fertility meds, etc under our fertility doc Dr.Ripps.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Barry Ripps at New Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology.
We have paid for ultrasounds and labwork so far, most of this preliminary has been covered mostly by Insurance. Not sure on specifics, but all copays and costs have been about $600 Total. This does not include IUI or IVF, we have not yet decided which one we will choose.
Dothan

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Barry Ripps at New Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology.

[The staff at New LIFE were] Very friendly and eager to assist in your journey to parenthood. Very informative and good educators of test and procedures. Had some trouble with appointment times but they were quickly rectified and I never felt like an inconvenience if there was a mix up... The nurses were always very helpful and informative. There were a couple of instances where I was supposed to come in for an appointment but they had me going to the Pensacola clinic instead of the Mobile one.
Describe your experience with New Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology.
The staff and Dr. Ripps were always very understanding and sympathetic to my personal fertility struggles.
What specific things went wrong at New Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology?
He gave very concise and important information. He took the time to explain tests, drugs,and procedures with me. He was always willing to listen to concerns my husband or I had. He was very sympathic to my personal fertility struggle and very attentive to my mental and physical well being.
To ask questions and listen to the advice he gives you on your own health.
We only tried IUI and hormone injection therapy because he felt I would get pregnant pretty quickly as he could find no imbalances or blockages that could be causing my infertility making him feel that I just needed to increase my chances by taking hormones so I would produce more eggs and performing an IUI in case something was hindering the flow of the sperm through my cervix. But unfortunately it still never worked.
Barry Ripps

[The nurses at New Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology were] Very informative and would always explain the injections and procedures to me. They were always available to answer my questions. ...always encouraging and sympathetic to my struggle...Twice there was a mistake with my appointment site as I was scheduled to go to there Pensacola site instead of the Mobile one. But when I arrived they quickly fixed the problem and made room on the schedule for me.
Describe your experience with New Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology.
Very personable and truly enjoy the work they do. My only complaint would be that there were a couple instances where there was a mix up with my appointment site but it was quickly fixed and I was not treated like an inconvenience.
The staff were always very helpful and sympathetic to my personal fertility struggles.
Very informative and would always explain the injections and procedures to me. They were always available to answer my questions. The nurses were always encouraging and sympathetic to my struggle.
What specific things went wrong at New Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology?
He gave clear and concise information. He was very through with the testing and diagnosis of what was the cause of my infertility even though no explaination could be found. He was answered all of my questions knowledgeably and listened and sympathized with any concerns I had.
To ask questions and voice any concerns you have.
We decided to try hormone therapy to increase my ovulation and IUI procedures. I wasn’t open to IVF at the time and he thought the IUI was the better choice in my case since we could find no reason for me not to be able to get pregnant. Unfortunately they did not work and after a year we had to quit because my mother became sick and my husband and I had to take care of her.
My insurance covered my meds and half the cost of the IUI procedure so I ended up paying $900 a month.
Mobile
It takes a little while for them [staff at New Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology] to call you back for your initial visit but they will and don't give up on them! Tell them everything! If you are tired of doing iuis then tell them, they listen to everything you want...We did an IUI with the help of medicine. I was on birth control, letrozole, gonal f, and hcg trigger shot...Hannah [nurse] was absolutely great! I can not say enough great things about her. When I was nervous she was there to calm me down, or when I got excited she was there to get excited with me. She never let me think negative.
Describe your experience with New Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology.
It takes a little while for them to call you back for your initial visit but they will and don't give up on them! Tell them everything! If you are tired of doing iuis then tell them, they listen to everything you want.
They listened to how I felt, and took into consideration what I had been through already.
Hannah was absolutely great! I can not say enough great things about her. When I was nervous she was there to calm me down, or when I got excited she was there to get excited with me. She never let me think negative.
I have not actually seen Dr. Ripps yet. I have only seen the nurse practitioner who was amazing! She explained everything in detail, and knew who I was the moment I walked in. If i had any questions she answered them and if she didn't know she got back to me in a timely manner. She treated my family as if we were part of her own family.
You will hardly see him but the other staff us amazing.
Iui with insurance costs around 350 not including meds
Describe Barry Ripps's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology.
I think it should be up to the patient. If they understand the risk and still want to proceed than that should be allowed.
Dothan

I would say they're [New LIFE - Mobile] strengths are making you feel like a priority. They spend as much time as possible with you and never make you feel like a "number."... [Nurse] Kathileen is absolutely amazing. I can not say enough positive things about her. But, she is very compassionate and patient with any questions you may have....The cost is quite competitive. He definitely doesn't charge an outrageous amount....We were treated with much compassion. They take as much time as we need to explain everything making sure we understood and never felt rushed.
Describe your experience with New Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology.
I would say they're strengths are making you feel like a priority. They spend as much time as possible with you and never make you feel like a "number."
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology. (Assigned nurse: Kathileen )
Dr. Ripps is very kind and considerate. At each visit, he spent a great amount of time explaining things and we never felt rushed. He has helped us out tremendously and would definitely recommend him to anyone in the future.
I would recommend doing your own research before your appointment in order to have a better understanding for when you do meet with him

PCOS, Unexplained
One thing I love about this office [New LIFE] (Mobile) is the small staff. This allows the staff to spend time with you and get to know you. Both my nurse and the sonographers have been fantastic.... His staff is one of the best. They are so personable and really get to know you. Every time I go, they ask be about other details of your life because they truly remember.... I would be put on birth control (because I do not have a regular cycle on my own) and then take femera for ovulation and then use trigger shots. I did this in our timed conception trials and also for our iui cycle
PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology. (Assigned nurse: Kathleen)
One thing I love about this office (Mobile) is the small staff. This allows the staff to spend time with you and get to know you. Both my nurse and the sonographers have been fantastic.
He was a very personable person. I have also seen his partner Meghan Delaney and she is just as good as Dr. Ripps. They both have been very involved in the treatment. They treat me like a human rather than a number on a list.
$700