Mental health counseling is not offered
Selling medication is not offered
Selling medication is not offered

693 Fifth Avenue

2018, Consult
We had a good first consultation with Dr Alassar. She seemed very thorough going over my history. My partner and I were wanting to move into IVF but we didn't get too much info about this on the first consult....After leaving we emailed some additional questions that we felt would help us in making a decision whether to proceed with the clinic for the 20k IVF cycle. Some of these were answered over email... On the next visit we were taken by a nurse at the front desk and put in an ultrasound room without any information about what we were doing.
The front desk woman was very helpful over email and very nice to deal with in person. The clinic itself [New York City IVF] is very nice and comfortable. We didn't pursue treatment here because of our negative interaction with Dr Elassar so I can't speak too much to the facilities but the monitoring room where I had an ultrasound was fine....They left us in the room waiting for the doctor for 40 mins while the lights kept turning out. No one told us anything and we began to feel quite frustrated and not know what was going on
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
This was our second clinic and we were looking for somewhere with better communication and with a doctor we felt trustworthy. We had a good first consultation with Dr Alassar. She seemed very thorough going over my history. My partner and I were wanting to move into IVF but we didn't get too much info about this on the first consult. None the less we felt pretty good about the doctor and the clinic. After leaving we emailed some additional questions that we felt would help us in making a decision whether to proceed with the clinic for the 20k IVF cycle. Some of these were answered over email but we were told we could go over everything with the doctor on our next visit. On the next visit we were taken by a nurse at the front desk and put in an ultrasound room without any information about what we were doing. They said "take your pants off and watch this video" and put on a 5 min video about IVF medication without explaining anything to us. They left us in the room waiting for the doctor for 40 mins while the lights kept turning out. No one told us anything and we began to feel quite frustrated and not know what was going on. Finally when Dr Alassar came to the room to see us it was her that seemed annoyed at us. I don't know if she was just very busy that day but she was very rude and not apologetic in the slightest. When we tried to ask certain questions about what to expect moving forward with an ivf cycle she was very dismissive, patronizing and rushed in her responses. We were completely shocked and never returned to the clinic.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Be firm in asking for the information you need. You are entitled to this and any good doctor should answer the questions and concerns you put forward.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
We were rushed through and felt like we had no time for questions
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New York City IVF.
On the one visit they put us in a room without communicating anything and left us there for 40 mins
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
The front desk woman was very helpful over email and very nice to deal with in person. The clinic itself is very nice and comfortable. We didn't pursue treatment here because of our negative interaction with Dr Elassar so I can't speak too much to the facilities but the monitoring room where I had an ultrasound was fine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF.
Had we proceeded with IVF, costs were roughly 20k for a cycle +5k for meds
Alyaa Elassar
Manhattan

Dr Elassar was the one who saw me each time for monitoring which is somewhat unusual...The doctor seemed very nice the first consult and then when it came to the other appointments it was more like we were a nuisance to her, and her recommendation I later found out was not a best practice (to ignore investigating a fibroid - which I later had to have removed before any treatment - she wanted me to just move straight into treatment...I felt that she not only lacked compassion but worst of all, didn’t answer questions and made us feel like we were a nuisance by asking them. She was cold hearted and her recommendations were contradicting.
the office [New York City IVF] was very good at sending all medical records and Dr Elassar was the one who saw me each time for monitoring which is somewhat unusual. Very disappointing and hope other women don’t have to go through the same... The doctor seemed very nice the first consult and then when it came to the other appointments it was more like we were a nuisance to her, and her recommendation I later found out was not a best practice (to ignore investigating a fibroid - which I later had to have removed before any treatment - she wanted me to just move straight into treatment (more money for her)).
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
I felt that she not only lacked compassion but worst of all, didn’t answer questions and made us feel like we were a nuisance by asking them. She was cold hearted and her recommendations were contradicting. She charges a fortune and I would expect her level of customer service especially with sensitive issues to be at the same level. Extremely disappointed and would hope that people don’t have to go through the same expensive mistake as we did. Find a doctor who believes in you and makes you feel like they are thinking about everything deeply and in a holistic manner. I don’t need things sugar coated but I want a doctor who is happy to answer my questions.
Don’t be fooled by the 5th ave stylish offices (remember, this is part of what your money is funding); find a clinic and doctor where you feel treated like a human and are comfortable asking your questions. On the plus side, the office was very good at sending all medical records and Dr Elassar was the one who saw me each time for monitoring which is somewhat unusual. Very disappointing and hope other women don’t have to go through the same.
Dr. Elassar came highly recommended but was truly so inhumane as she spoke to us. She seemed annoyed when we asked questions, she delivered information without any heart and in a condescending manner.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
Sharing of your records without charging you is helpful, but more helpful would be a patient portal. I think I’ve answered this in other places. The office is central. If being in a fancy swanky stylish office in a ‘cool’ location is important to you and you don’t mind knowing it’s part of what you’re paying for, this is your place. If you do go here, don’t be afraid to ask your questions. The doctor seemed very nice the first consult and then when it came to the other appointments it was more like we were a nuisance to her, and her recommendation I later found out was not a best practice (to ignore investigating a fibroid - which I later had to have removed before any treatment - she wanted me to just move straight into treatment (more money for her)).
I don’t remember exact costs but I believe the first consult was $400.
What specific things went wrong at New York City IVF?
Alyaa Elassar