Mental health counseling is not offered
Nutrition counseling is not offered
Selling medication is not offered
Selling medication is not offered

693 Fifth Avenue

She [Dr. Alyaa Elassar] helped me get ready for the IVF cycle by adjusting my thyroid medication. I was well informed throughout the process and grateful for her kindness in the moments I was feeling a bit scared/insecure...Don't be afraid to ask questions and trust her...My body was a bit stubborn and she adjusted the dosage and medication accordingly...Dr. Elassar made herself always available. She called in results herself and made herself available 24/7. I never once felt like a number
Appointments [at New York CIty IVF] were frequent and had no issues with scheduling. They work with your schedule...Most of my interaction with Dr. Elassar herself. She has an assistant Adeline and an Office manager Tahira. They work very well coordinated team...It is a small clinic and will never feel like a number. The whole staff knows you. Communication is easy and everyone makes themselves available to answer any questions you may have. They have just moved into a new space in midtown. The space is beautiful and modern
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
My obgyn recommend her after 6 failed clomid cycles. At our first visit with Dr Elassar she went through our history and was very thorough. After required tests, she recommended IVF and explained th reasons for it. She helped me get ready for the IVF cycle by adjusting my thyroid medication. I was well informed throughout the process and grateful for her kindness in the moments I was feeling a bit scared/insecure.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Don't be afraid to ask questions and trust her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Describe the protocols Alyaa Elassar used in your cycles at New York City IVF and their degree of success.
We did 1cycle of IVF IMSI with own eggs. I don't recall the dosage but used Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix for stimulation. My body was a bit stubborn and she adjusted the dosage and medication accordingly.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at New York City IVF.
Appointments were frequent and had no issues with scheduling. They work with your schedule
Describe Alyaa Elassar's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New York City IVF.
We put 2 embryos in and glad we did so. Currently 2nd trimester

2016, 46 Eggs Frozen
My partner and I knew very little about the egg freezing process and our options, and he [Dr Amr Azim]spent a lot of time with us during our consultation educating us about the process and helping us decide what we wanted to do. He was also very flexible with us in terms of timing and kept us informed during all the ultrasounds, etc. I had some questions for him at night and over the weekend while administering the medication, and he was always available. I found the process to be much easier and less stressful than I expected, and I credit that to him. I felt that he really cared about his patients and having a successful outcome for each patient.
The office [at New York City IVF] is very small. It is only two doctors, one nurse (or perhaps physician's assistant or resident) and an office manager. I mostly spoke with Dr. Azim or his office manager Tihara. Tihara is very organized, nice and personal; she got me an appointment quickly and helped coordinate insurance, etc....$8500 for the treatment cycle and retrieval. I spent approximately $2000 on medications and long-term storage will be approximately $600 a year.
How was your experience with Amr Azim at New York City IVF?
Dr. Azim is an amazing doctor. He is very knowledgeable and caring. My partner and I knew very little about the egg freezing process and our options, and we spent a lot of time with us during our consultation educating us about the process and helping us decide what we wanted to do. He was also very flexible with us in terms of timing and kept us informed during all the ultrasounds, etc. I had some questions for him at night and over the weekend while administering the medication, and he was always available. I found the process to be much easier and less stressful than I expected, and I credit that to him. I felt that he really cared about his patients and having a successful outcome for each patient.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Amr Azim at New York City IVF?
Dr. Azim always took the time to explain everything to my partner and me and was very available (including on weekends and nights) and caring and interested in our input and reactions throughout the entire process.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New York City IVF.
The office is very small. It is only two doctors, one nurse (or perhaps physician's assistant or resident) and an office manager. I mostly spoke with Dr. Azim or his office manager Tihara. Tihara is very organized, nice and personal; she got me an appointment quickly and helped coordinate insurance, etc.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Amr Azim at New York City IVF.
Manhattan

Dr. Azim spent plenty of time with us, but was pretty set in his assumptions about what was going on to the extent that we felt he didn't listen or thoroughly review our medical histories. But he is proactive and responsive....Dr. Azim is clearly passionate about what he does but we felt he ultimately was a salesman rather than a partner in our medical care. At some points he was utterly disrespectful which was surprising...He is proactive reaching out to other doctors to coordinate care however and is clearly efficient.
Communication and response time [at NYC IV] is good...Dr. Azim is clearly passionate about what he does but we felt he ultimately was a salesman rather than a partner in our medical care. At some points he was utterly disrespectful which was surprising...He is proactive reaching out to other doctors to coordinate care however and is clearly efficient...Dr. Azim spent plenty of time with us, but was pretty set in his assumptions about what was going on to the extent that we felt he didn't listen or thoroughly review our medical histories. But he is proactive and responsive.
How was your experience with Amr Azim at New York City IVF?
Dr. Azim is clearly passionate about what he does but we felt he ultimately was a salesman rather than a partner in our medical care. At some points he was utterly disrespectful which was surprising. He offered to do a biopsy of my thyroid on the spot on my first visit which I was very taken aback by (I am monitored by an endocrinologist and he was aware). He is proactive reaching out to other doctors to coordinate care however and is clearly efficient.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Amr Azim at New York City IVF?
Go here if you're ready to go straight to IVF and don't want to explore further research, options or investigation into male factor.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
Communication and response time is good.
At the time I had insurance with fertility coverage so amazingly was not out of pocket.
2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
Dr Azim has incredible bedside manner. He's as passionate about helping us have a baby as we are. He delivers good and bad news with kindness and care...Dr. Azim is the doctor that you see at every appointment. He draws blood, does the ultrasounds and performs all of the procedures. He is always very reachable whether its via cell phone or email. I'm not sure when he has the time to sleep...
How was your experience with Amr Azim at New York City IVF?
Dr. Azim is the doctor that you see at every appointment. He draws blood, does the ultrasounds and performs all of the procedures. He is always very reachable whether its via cell phone or email. I'm not sure when he has the time to sleep :)
You are in very good hands.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New York City IVF.
Dr. Azim performs all of the typical duties of a nurse.
Manhattan

Dr Elassar was open and honest all the way. She explained the process with patience. She was compassionate but also matter of fact. Her staff were helpful and the facility was very nice. I would recommend her to others seeking treatment.... Dr Elassar was open and honest all the way. She was compassionate yet no nonsense.
The clinic [NYC IVF] is run in an organized manner and the facility is really clean, modern and beautiful. I enjoyed visiting the space which is important since you are there a lot. The staff were very helpful.... Dr Elassar was open and honest all the way. She explained the process with patience. She was compassionate but also matter of fact. Her staff were helpful and the facility was very nice. I would recommend her to others seeking treatment.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Ask many questions, and you will receive the guidance you need.
IVF cycle
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
The clinic is run in an organized manner and the facility is really clean, modern and beautiful. I enjoyed visiting the space which is important since you are there a lot. The staff were very helpful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF.
Out of pocket for IVF cycle and medicines. Insurance covered some medical costs associated with bloodwork, etc.
Manhattan

Throughout my IVF treatment with Doctor Alyaa Elassar, I felt like a human rather than a number. This was because every time I went in for a scan to evaluate my ovaries and uterus lining, I was always seen by Doctor Alyaa Elassar. She always called me by my respectful name and knew my medical history, which put me at ease that I'm not just a number. The staff called me by my name as well and knew where I am in the process of my cycle so that appropriate tests can be done. I would like to mention that after my successful IVF treatment, I was no longer seeing Doctor Alyaa Elassar. However, she sent a warm email to me asking how I am doing in my pregnancy. That also made me feel human rather than a number.
The clinic [New York City IVF] is on 7th Floor and has a nice waiting area that is usually not packed. The clinic itself has a modern look and yet very simple... I met with Victoria [nurrse] the most and she is super nice and professional. There was a new individual named Michelle and I think she does the best demo when it comes to showing you how to do the injections. I wish she stayed with the clinic, she was nice, professional, and helpful. Alejandra and Haley on the billing side were helpful and worked with us to explain how things are going to work out with the insurance and all. The staff did their best to know each client by name. All are hard working despite some busy and hectic days.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
I want to start by saying that Doctor Alyaa Elassar is very knowledgeable in what she does. I can say this because after every visit, my husband and I would spend time doing google research and find that Doctor Elassar was spot on with what she said. We had faith in Doctor Elassar's expertise, we were just a paranoid couple who were spending money on an expensive treatment and didn't want anything to go wrong so we did our own research. I liked that every single scan of my ovaries and uterus was done by Doctor Elassar only. I only met with Doctor Elassar and no other doctor. It put me at an ease that I am seeing the same Doctor each visit and she knows where I am in my treatment cycle very well. Doctor Elassar has great bedside manner. I am a little shy with my body because I have so much body hair due to PCOS. I never felt like I had to wax/shave my legs for each visit. Doctor Elassar made me feel comfortable in my own skin with hairy hands and legs. Doctor Elassar is flexible with the treatment option. We first met her in February of 2019 and wanted to do IVF. She recommended we try IUI since we have never tried it and if it is unsuccessful, we can just move on to IVF. Our IUI went great except my embryo never made it down the Fallopian tube so it ended in an ectopic pregnancy. Doctor Elassar went over the options with us and we decided to let my body end that pregnancy naturally rather than taking strong medications to end it (since ectopic pregnancy never goes to full term any way). I decided to take a break after the IUI because I wanted to do some traveling and job hunting before the next treatment. Doctor Elassar never forced me to come in for appointments during those times. She gave me my space that I needed. In January 2020 we met with Doctor Elassar and were ready to begin our first cycle of IVF treatment. She had preliminary bloodwork and sonogram done the same day to see where my hormone levels stand and from there, everything was a smooth process. I had a successful pregnancy by end of March 2020. Doctor Elassar always wishes the best for her patients regardless of your racial/educational background. She does her best for her patients. She came in on weekends if I just needed a bloodwork or a sonogram done for monitoring purposes. Doctor Elassar works 24/7! A very hard working woman. She is also professional and does not stick her nose in your personal matters. Even when it comes to 'timed intercourse' during IUI, she does not want to know the details, she just wants to know if the 'timed intercourse' was done or not. Doctor Elassar is great at what she does and I look forward to doing a 2nd IVF transfer from her when time comes. In the end, I want to say that even though I started going to a different clinic after my 6 weeks of successful pregnancy, I always reached out to Doctor Elassar for any question that my clinic was not able to answer.
Doctor Elassar is an expert and will do her best to help you achieve your treatment goal. She will always be there with you at every visit (except bloodwork). If you want to be treated as a human and not just a number at a clinic, then this is the Doctor you SHOULD think about seeing.
In February 2019, we had a consultation visit with Doctor Elassar. She asked some screening questions and explained a couple of things about how conceiving works normally. We had our initial bloodwork, sonogram and genetic carrier testing done. In March 2019 we began IUI treatment. I took Clomid and Doctor Elassar monitored my ovaries to see how the egg was growing. Based on bloodwork and her scan, she confirmed I was ovulating and asked to come in for insemination. In between there was bloodwork done to monitor progesterone level. I was prescribed progesterone pills. Unfortunately the embryo never made it down the fallopian tube on its own so we let the body naturally end the pregnancy. If we had taken medication to end the pregnancy, it would add a 4 month wait before we could try conceiving again because the medication takes time to come out of the system. After taking break, I met with Doctor Elassar January of 2020 and decided to do IVF as we did not want anything getting stuck in the fallopian tube again. Since all our genetic screening was done, I only needed a hormone checks through bloodwork and a sonogram check to see how my ovaries are doing as well as my uterus lining. I received a green light once bloodwork results came in. Gonal F was ordered and shipped to my house. In between, I would visit Doctor Elassar so she could do a scan to see how many eggs were growing in each ovary. In the middle, I was also prescribed Menopur along with Gonal F to pump my ovaries to grow those eggs. My ovaries were taking a bit too much time in growing them. The retrieval day was scheduled and 14 eggs were retrieved and fertilized. 10 lived up to day 5. We opted to do a PGS testing so our embryos were frozen and the PGS results came back in a week. Only 6 our to 10 embryos had normal chromosomes. I had to wait until my uterus lining was back in normal range. We began injections to ready my uterus and did transfer beginning of March. We continued with the injections as advised by Doctor Elassar. After 2 week wait, pregnancy test was done and I was pregnant! Injections for progesterone were continued until Week 9 of pregnancy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New York City IVF.
Doctor Elassar's staff team are great. I met with Victoria the most and she is super nice and professional. There was a new individual named Michelle and I think she does the best demo when it comes to showing you how to do the injections. I wish she stayed with the clinic, she was nice, professional, and helpful. Alejandra and Haley on the billing side were helpful and worked with us to explain how things are going to work out with the insurance and all. The staff did their best to know each client by name. All are hard working despite some busy and hectic days.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
The clinic is on 7th Floor and has a nice waiting area that is usually not packed. The clinic itself has a modern look and yet very simple. I do think each room can have an added TV screen so the patient can see their sonogram on TV. But the machine itself is big and if you tilt your head just enough, you can see your live scan there as well. I think a cabinet (or more hooks behind the door) can be added so the patient can store their clothes when they have to undress. For some reason, I always have more clothes because of winter and one hook can't fit all my clothes. The bathroom is decent. There are two, one is in the hallway before the receptionists desk and one is inside the clinic. The only thing missing is the seat covers. I would just use toilet paper since there were no seat covers attached to the wall. Other than that, the office is clutter-free and simple. I like to go to a Doctor's office and not be intimidated by big technical machines.
Doctor Elassar was out of network. There's cost of drugs which varies depending on your insurance coverage. Embryo retrieval process has it's own set of costs. The PGS/PGD testing has it's own set of costs as well. The last major cost was embryo cost, set by Doctor Elassar's clinic.
We chose to transfer only 1 of the 6 normal embryos we had because did not want to have twins. We didn't want to choose gender so we let Doctor Elassar decide. The embryologist just pulled out the first normal chromosome embryo from our 10 frozen embryos (4 were tested as not good) and transferred that. It turned out to be a girl!
What specific things went wrong at New York City IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New York City IVF.
One time I received only 2 needles with Progesterone. I had to take Progesterone injection for a couple weeks but I had very few needles. Since it was also my first time, I emailed Clinic to ask how many needles I would need for Progesterone and for how long I will need. I was able to get the needles requested by the clinic and ordered on time to have them available for my injections.
2 Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
You never feel like a number and you always meet with Dr. Elassar. Would definitely recommend...very warm and inviting, always patient to explain to us our options...You see Dr. Alassar every time, which I think is a big benefit. Not just whichever doctor is on the schedule who have skimmed your records. The doctor would email us personally with certain results, and shared in our disappointment when things didn't always go as we wanted. We did two cycles of egg retrieval and two transfers. After the first transfer failed, Dr. Alassar took the time to sit down with us and brainstorm how we should approach the next transfer. The rest of the team (especially Racquel) is also great, each appointment (for which there are many) was always super efficient, and her office is very warm and inviting. Everything ended up working out great, and my husband and I now have a fully healthy baby boy and we couldn't be happier! At the e
From the start, the doctor and her team [at New York City IVF] were very warm and inviting, always patient to explain to us our options, and we never felt like we were just another "number". You see Dr. Alassar every time, which I think is a big benefit. Not just whichever doctor is on the schedule who have skimmed your records. The doctor would email us personally with certain results, and shared in our disappointment when things didn't always go as we wanted. We did two cycles of egg retrieval and two transfers. After the first transfer failed, Dr. Alassar took the time to sit down with us and brainstorm how we should approach the next transfer. The rest of the team (especially Racquel) is also great, each appointment (for which there are many) was always super efficient, and her office is very warm and inviting. Everything ended up working out great, and my husband and I now have a fully healthy b
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Dr. Alyaa Elassar and her entire team were amazing! We would recommend her without a doubt and know that she played a big part in us finally achieving our dreams of having a family! The IVF process is a tough one, usually filled with ups and downs, and a lot of anxiety and heartache. Like many others like us, when we started having difficulty in getting pregnant, we didnt know where to turn or whether to go to a large, well established place, or a smaller private practice. Everyone is different and has unique needs, but my husband and I were very turned off by the experience of the large well known places, and besides wasted time / effort / money, later on found out that the advice given to us was not actually in our best interest. After giving up hope we ultimately stumbled upon Dr. Alyaa Alassar and are we glad we did! From the start, the doctor and her team were very warm and inviting, always patient to explain to us our options, and we never felt like we were just another "number". You see Dr. Alassar every time, which I think is a big benefit. Not just whichever doctor is on the schedule who have skimmed your records. The doctor would email us personally with certain results, and shared in our disappointment when things didn't always go as we wanted. We did two cycles of egg retrieval and two transfers. After the first transfer failed, Dr. Alassar took the time to sit down with us and brainstorm how we should approach the next transfer. The rest of the team (especially Racquel) is also great, each appointment (for which there are many) was always super efficient, and her office is very warm and inviting. Everything ended up working out great, and my husband and I now have a fully healthy baby boy and we couldn't be happier! At the end of the day, the process is long and difficult, and so much of it can be mental - it is super important to be in the best headspace possible and to feel like you're being taken care of and on the right path. That is what we got with Dr. Alassar's practice and would highly recommend her and her team. You won't regret it.
Don't hesitate to use her. You won't regret it.
We didn't. She was great.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New York City IVF.
They were great, especially Raquel.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
It was great. Nice / warm and inviting office. Very efficient, never long wait times. Always great at explaining things and good with insurance. You never feel like a number and you always meet with Dr. Elassar. Would definitely recommend.
Manhattan

She [Dr. Alyaa Elassar] took special care to understand my body, how I might be feeling, and to empathize. At one point in the treatment I had a major meltdown ... she personally wiped my tears and reassured me that I am doing great. She's a great human being and exceptional doctor...did every single ultrasound. On my first visit she said she needed to 'get to know my ovaries', which no other doctor ever said .... there is so much depth to this, because IVF is all about timing ... she adjusted the timing of egg retrieval based on what she saw and she just really understood my body so well. Her protocol worked really well for me and gave us more eggs/ embryos than we ever expected. She is also very candid - she told me on the first visit that IUI would be a complete waste of time in my case, and I'm glad I listened to her. She knows her field inside/out and she earned my trust, so I followed her instructions to the T and we were able to get pregnant at the first transfer. She is truly exceptional.
Keep in mind that she [Dr. Alyaa Elassar] is the only practitioner in this clinic [New York City IVF]. So when she goes away, there is no treatment ... although she is very responsive via email even when she is away...there was a fair bit of changeover [on the nursing staff]. Some were new or interns and not as experts in their field...Egg Retrieval: $10,500 Transfer: $3,500 Meds: $3K-5K...Strength: 1) Excellent doctor 2) Excellent lab - gave us great results 3) Scheduling - front desk was great at scheduling and would go above and beyond to squeeze me in 4) Communication - very responsive doctor and nurse - they would respond to my emails within less than a day 5) Great convenient location Weaknesses: 1) There was a lot of staff attrition and constant new people coming and going.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Dr Elassar is an exceptional doctor and I would whole-heartedly recommend her to anyone who is looking for results. She is the only practitioner who did every single ultrasound. On my first visit she said she needed to 'get to know my ovaries', which no other doctor ever said .... there is so much depth to this, because IVF is all about timing ... she adjusted the timing of egg retrieval based on what she saw and she just really understood my body so well. Her protocol worked really well for me and gave us more eggs/ embryos than we ever expected. She is also very candid - she told me on the first visit that IUI would be a complete waste of time in my case, and I'm glad I listened to her. She knows her field inside/out and she earned my trust, so I followed her instructions to the T and we were able to get pregnant at the first transfer. She is truly exceptional.
Have an open mind. Listen deeply to what Dr Elassar says and if you decide to go with her, follow her instructions to the T - she knows what she is doing and you are in great hands. Keep in mind that she is the only practitioner in this clinic. So when she goes away, there is no treatment ... although she is very responsive via email even when she is away.
Dr Elassar is an extremely humane doctor. She took special care to understand my body, how I might be feeling, and to empathize. At one point in the treatment I had a major meltdown ... she personally wiped my tears and reassured me that I am doing great. She's a great human being and exceptional doctor.
Gonal-F Menopur Ganirelex Pregnyl for trigger shot Everything was the lowest possible dose ... she would adjust the dose during the visits based on what she saw in the scan. Transfer .... Estrace, Progesterone in Oil shots for 9 weeks
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New York City IVF.
there was a fair bit of changeover. Some were new or interns and not as experts in their field.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
Strength: 1) Excellent doctor 2) Excellent lab - gave us great results 3) Scheduling - front desk was great at scheduling and would go above and beyond to squeeze me in 4) Communication - very responsive doctor and nurse - they would respond to my emails within less than a day 5) Great convenient location Weaknesses: 1) There was a lot of staff attrition and constant new people coming and going. The finance person who dealt with insurance wasn't very good at what they were doing; while my insurance was great, the staff here didn't know how to deal with them - they were calling the wrong department, misspelt our names, kept complaining, etc. and there were a number of petty annoyances in this regard. Everything eventually worked out, but it was a nuisance to have to deal with the office staff's mistakes on top of IVF. And some of the staff was so new that they would charge me with no clarity on what the charge was even for. So you will need to micromanage your insurance and expenses. 2) When the doctor is away, everything shuts down as she is the only practitioner. So if you are starting treatment, make sure to check her availability for the month first.
Egg Retrieval: $10,500 Transfer: $3,500 Meds: $3K-5K
She strongly recommended single embryo transfer in our case. She was very clear about the downsides of multiple embryo transfer ... we thought about it and agreed to go with her recommendation. It worked for us.
Manhattan

We tested both myself and my husband with the usual tests [with Dr. Alyaa Elassar]- tubal view, egg quality, count and sperm. We’re able to quickly conclude 2 male factor issues. She advised that IVF would be the quickest and most cost effective rather than going through IUI as well. We trusted her and agreed with her rationale...She got to know us before treatment, was an active listener, always asked how we were and was and kind.
No complaints [at New York City IVF], the office was quick, efficient and personal! I never felt like a number. They called and immediately knew it was me. They scheduled appointments around my schedule and were always helpful with everything (including Aetna which was a nightmare at first!!)...I loved all the nurses here!! The staff was so great, personal and communicative. From the front desk to those drawing your blood and doing your checks. You become acquainted to seeing them every week and it was sad to say goodbye. I have gratitude to each and every one of them. It takes a great team :)
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
She is a very brilliant woman who knows what she is doing. From the moment I met her I knew I could trust her guidance and methodology. I never questioned her decisions and knew she was doing the best for myself and husband and our fertility journey. We had 2 frozen embryo, day 5 transfers. The first was unsuccessful, which can be common. She was compassionate when this happened and reiterated that it was bad luck and to be positive and give it another go. I am glad that we did as the 2nd transfer was successful. We are so very thankful!
Trust her, her methodology and don’t get caught up in looking at the internet and doing your own analysis paralysis.
We tested both myself and my husband with the usual tests - tubal view, egg quality, count and sperm. We’re able to quickly conclude 2 male factor issues. She advised that IVF would be the quickest and most cost effective rather than going through IUI as well. We trusted her and agreed with her rationale.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
No complaints, the office was quick, efficient and personal! I never felt like a number. They called and immediately knew it was me. They scheduled appointments around my schedule and were always helpful with everything (including Aetna which was a nightmare at first!!)
Dr. Elassar was out of network for us but still covered by Aetna. This meant slightly higher costs for us but we opted for this as choosing our Dr was important for us. Think in the end it was around $20k give or take. Well worth it.
We did single embryo due to my age. We were all comfortable with this approach.
Manhattan
Dr Elassar took a great deal of time to learn about both my husband's and my health background. She treated us both with utmost respect and dignity, addressing our concerns and needs as individuals. ... Dr Elassar is a professional, efficient physician. She has a busy and rigorous practice, yet she updates me on my lab results as soon as they are available. For one particular exam, within an hour or two of leaving the imaging facility, a remote location from her office, she notified me of the results via email.
Beautiful space, friendly and personable front desk staff. They [NYC IVF] knew my name after the first visit. Weakness - the office is in a very busy part of Manhattan, which if you are driving makes things a bit of a challenge, but there is plenty of nearby parking. ... The nursing staff was kind, gentle, and attentive. I spent more time with Dr Elassar than with her nursing staff. ... Dr Elassar's visits were between $300 - $350.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Dr Elassar is a professional, efficient physician. She has a busy and rigorous practice, yet she updates me on my lab results as soon as they are available. For one particular exam, within an hour or two of leaving the imaging facility, a remote location from her office, she notified me of the results via email. Similarly, her office was closed during the holidays however she and her staff were still available by phone and email throughout this time, responding promptly.
If you want solutions and help to get you there, i.e. a successful pregnancy, she is a great clinician. If you want to spend hours talking to your doctor about your fears and concerns over infertility, Dr Elassar is too busy doing the hard work to help get you solutions, which is what you want from someone who is in the business of helping you achieve pregnancy.
Fortunately, Dr Elassar has to intervene very little. My husband and I both went through the standard testing in a fertility workup, and with her education and guidance about timing to optimize pregnancy, I was able to get pregnant. She did describe in detail what the next steps would be if this did not work.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
Beautiful space, friendly and personable front desk staff. They knew my name after the first visit. Weakness - the office is in a very busy part of Manhattan, which if you are driving makes things a bit of a challenge, but there is plenty of nearby parking.
She was out of network, so I had to meet my deductible first. Dr Elassar's visits were between $300 - $350.
Manhattan

Dr. Elassar has a lot of heart when it comes to her practice. She works so hard to provide each of her patients with attention, care and thoughtfulness, while aiming to get them the results they are after... was always happy to spend time answering questions in a detailed, straightforward manner. She made herself available via phone or email 24 hours a day and we appreciated her caring bedside manner...Be ready to commit to a plan of action and to follow through!
Leidy at reception [at New York City IVF] is always a pleasure to speak with, very organized and responsive. She was very flexible with scheduling which was very helpful when scheduling my appointments in a discreet way during the work day! Raquel [nurse] was always a pleasure to see at the office! It was great to have her by our side during retrievals/transfers during my frozen transfer cycle for our 2nd baby because she was both attentive and compassionate. Carlos, the embryologist is wonderful to work with, both warm and approachable and imparts the utmost confidence in his work and expertise! It was clear that Dr. Elassar and her team work very closely together and have a great report that translates into the care of their patients.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Be ready to commit to a plan of action and to follow through!
Dr. Elassar was always happy to spend time answering questions in a detailed, straightforward manner. She made herself available via phone or email 24 hours a day and we appreciated her caring bedside manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New York City IVF. (Assigned nurse: Leidy, Raquel)
Leidy at reception is always a pleasure to speak with, very organized and responsive. She was very flexible with scheduling which was very helpful when scheduling my appointments in a discreet way during the work day! Raquel was always a pleasure to see at the office! It was great to have her by our side during retrievals/transfers during my frozen transfer cycle for our 2nd baby because she was both attentive and compassionate. Carlos, the embryologist is wonderful to work with, both warm and approachable and imparts the utmost confidence in his work and expertise! It was clear that Dr. Elassar and her team work very closely together and have a great report that translates into the care of their patients.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
Strengths: patient is well cared for, intimate relationship formed, scheduling is easy, responsive and communicative. They also very clean and new facilities on premise for retrieval/transfers which is very helpful. Beautiful office. Weaknesses: slight delays in waiting room from time to time when Dr is in a procedure.
Manhattan

Dr Elassar was a dream to work with. At my initial consultation she explained more to me about my PCOS and what it meant, than any other doc has in 4 years. She took the time to get to know me and my goals. She worked one on one with us and was always available via email. She treated us with kindness and compassion and we always felt seen and heard in her care. ... Dr Elassar was kind and compassionate and very reassuring throughout our whole journey.
The staff [New York City IVF] are so caring and compassionate, we really felt so well looked after and comfortable in their practice ... In terms of location, the clinic is so Conveniently located close to public transport. The clinic itself is a beautiful, warm and welcoming space. ... Our nurse Rachael was very kind and compassionate and she was very good at her job. She was gentle taking bloods and she was comforting when I was anxious about treatment.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
We are so beyond grateful for Dr Elassar and her amazing staff at NYCIVF. They have been an absolute dream to work with and so helpful in every aspect of our treatment. I went to Dr Elassar very confused and anxious about my PCOS and our chances to conceive. She explained more to me in my initial consultation than numerous doctors have in the 4 years since my diagnosis. She was very clear in her plan of action for us which was hugely comforting and I can honestly say I felt so well cared for and safe in her hands. Dr Elassar never made us feel anything other than hopeful and she was always available to us on email if and when we needed which is an amazing comfort during an extremely stressful time. Dr Elassar was kind and compassionate and very reassuring throughout our whole journey. We are so so happy we found her and so grateful for the little life she has helped us create...there really are not enough ways to say thank you for what she has done for us. Our experience with Dr Elassar has been amazing and we will always be thankful for the help and guidance she provided us.
Run to her...now!
Our first cycle started with 50mg of clomid taken for 5 days and then TI. I have problems ovulating and clomid was very successful in that it stimulated 3/4 eggs that first cycle and I did in fact ovulate. It didn’t however result in pregnancy, most likely due to timing. Our second cycle was also 50mg of clomid however I did not seem to respond as quickly this cycle. After a consultation with the Dr, we decided to do a second round of clomid within the same cycle and sure enough I responded. We then followed with a trigger shot and IUI insemmination. After a week I returned for a progesterone test and after another week a pregnancy test. I am so thankful to say that this cycle worked and I am currently pregnant with our first baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New York City IVF. (Assigned nurse: Rachael and Leidy)
Our nurse Rachael was very kind and compassionate and she was very good at her job. She was gentle taking bloods and she was comforting when I was anxious about treatment. Leidy was a dream to deal with..she answered all my questions and was so helpful and accommodating with my work. The staff are so caring and compassionate, we really felt so well looked after and comfortable in their practice
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
In terms of location, the clinic is so Conveniently located close to public transport. The clinic itself is a beautiful, warm and welcoming space. The strengths of this clinic are without a Doubt Dr Elassar and her staff. They are the dream team. There are no weakness in my opinion!
The costs associated with our treatment where standard for NYC. We had no issues with any treatment costs. We paid for every treatment ourselves without insurance and they were very upfront about the costs and we spoke in depth with the financial coordinator of the practice after the initial consultation. Everything was outline clearly for us and there were no additional costs.
Manhattan

Dr. Elassar recommended transferring only 1 embryo at a time....is the only doctor you will see...with NYCIVF. She and her staff were easy to get a hold of and always responded quickly to emails... has great bedside manner, is very knowledgable, warm and really takes the time to get to know you in order to figure out the best treatment plan for your situation. I never felt like she rushed through appointments and she always explained things in a way we could understand. She was always very positive, even during the tough times. I really can't think of anything that would be considered a weakness.
The clinic [New York Citiy IVF] was clean, office was newly renovated, location was convenient and overall a very comfortable and welcoming office which was nice since I was there so much. I can't think of any weaknesses...Dr. Elassar and her staff really took the time to get to know you and treat you like a human and not just a number. They always greeted you by name when you walked in the office. Dr. Elassar is the only doctor you will see during our time with NYCIVF. She and her staff were easy to get a hold of and always responded quickly to emails.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Dr Elassar has great bedside manner, is very knowledgable, warm and really takes the time to get to know you in order to figure out the best treatment plan for your situation. I never felt like she rushed through appointments and she always explained things in a way we could understand. She was always very positive, even during the tough times. I really can't think of anything that would be considered a weakness.
Ask as many questions as you need to feel comfortable with the recommended treatment plan but at the same time, trust her.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New York City IVF.
The nursing staff was great. When I'd walk into the office they all knew who I was and where I was in my treatment plan. They were easy to reach via email when I had questions and responded quickly.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
The clinic was clean, office was newly renovated, location was convenient and overall a very comfortable and welcoming office which was nice since I was there so much. I can't think of any weaknesses.
Dr. Elassar was not covered under my insurance so it was an expensive treatment process. That said, totally worth it!
Dr. Elassar recommended transferring only 1 embryo at a time.
Manhattan
Dr. Elassar was very patient with all my questions in person and answered all my questions in timely manner by email...Dr. Elassar personalized my treatment and modified the protocol to my specific needs (i.e. low responder with potential egg quality issues). The results (# of eggs retrieved and fertilized and transferred) were more successful than previous attempts with another facility...I was aware of the trade-offs of a single embryo vs multiple embryo transfer
Costs [at New York City IVF] were direct and upfront, on par with other clinics in NYC...Small clinic which offers more personalized treatment but sometimes less seamless (re: set morning monitoring hours, emails after each visit with blood results) than a bigger clinic. I preferred the smaller and less crowded feel of this clinic and had no issues getting the information that I wanted or needed...Dr. Elassar personalized my treatment and modified the protocol to my specific needs (i.e. low responder with potential egg quality issues). The results (# of eggs retrieved and fertilized and transferred) were more successful than previous attempts with another facility.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Cycle 1 w. Dr. Elassar: Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix, before retrieval, progesterone before transfer Cycle 2 w. Dr. Elassar: Lupron, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix, testosterone before retrieval, progesterone / endometrin before transfer Had retrieval and transfer cycles previously with another facility.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
Costs were direct and upfront, on par with other clinics in NYC.
Yes, I was aware of the trade-offs of a single embryo vs multiple embryo transfer

2019 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Elassar is the best. She always explained everything and never let me worry. She was so positive and always made me feel better even after not so great news. She is an amazing doctor and I sent my cousin and good friend To her as well, because of how much I trust her...In Dr. Elassar’s office I always felt comfortable and at home...I always see the doctor.
The office [New York City IVF] is great. I can always get an appointment when I want. I never have to wait long at all. I always see the doctor. It’s clean and inviting. I feel very comfortable when I’m there and always feel I am getting the very best care. I can’t think of any weaknesses...Everyone that worked there was extremely warm and helpful. Infertility is a very sensitive subject and I always felt better after a visit. She always made me feel very important and that she would do anything and everything she could for me.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
I would tell them that they are in the best hands and to trust that she will do everything she can for you.
In Dr. Elassar’s office I always felt comfortable and at home. Everyone that worked there was extremely warm and helpful. Infertility is a very sensitive subject and I always felt better after a visit. She always made me feel very important and that she would do anything and everything she could for me.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New York City IVF.
Everyone that works in this office is amazing. I have never had better experiences with nurses and staff anywhere else. They have made me feel so safe and comfortable.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
The office is great. I can always get an appointment when I want. I never have to wait long at all. I always see the doctor. It’s clean and inviting. I feel very comfortable when I’m there and always feel I am getting the very best care. I can’t think of any weaknesses.
2018, Consult
Great bedside manner. Was disappointed that I had to wait 30 minutes before seeing her [Dr. Alyaa Elassar] for every subsequent appointment because she was late arriving to the office. I was the first patient arriving at 9, waiting for her to arrive by 9:30. Makes it hard while working....Initial intake visit was very thorough, educational, and nurturing...turns out I was pregnant when I got there. But she was leaning towards IVF or high dose of clomid. I'm 39 with one blocked fallopian tube.... She was very critical of my original treatment plan (which was effective!), so I wasn't sure what to think. Overall, she's very sweet and I always felt taken care of.
Initial intake visit [NYC IVF] was very thorough, educational, and nurturing....I went there in an emergency situation when I thought my initial IUI (performed by another provider whose clinic was closing midway through my treatment) hadn't worked. In reviewing my case, Dr. E [Elassar] had a very different outlook and suggested a way more intensive approach (IVF/or higher dose of clomid & no IUI)....Dr. E carefully observed me and released me to an OBGYN once it was a viable pregnancy. She was very critical of my original treatment plan (which was effective!), so I wasn't sure what to think. Overall, she's very sweet and I always felt taken care of.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Great bedside manner. Was disappointed that I had to wait 30 minutes before seeing her for every subsequent appointment because she was late arriving to the office. I was the first patient arriving at 9, waiting for her to arrive by 9:30. Makes it hard while working.
I went there in an emergency situation when I thought my initial IUI (performed by another provider whose clinic was closing midway through my treatment) hadn't worked. In reviewing my case, Dr. E had a very different outlook and suggested a way more intensive approach (IVF/or higher dose of clomid & no IUI). Turns out I was actually pregnant and Dr. E carefully observed me and released me to an OBGYN once it was a viable pregnancy. She was very critical of my original treatment plan (which was effective!), so I wasn't sure what to think. Overall, she's very sweet and I always felt taken care of.
Initial intake visit was very thorough, educational, and nurturing.
N/A - turns out I was pregnant when I got there. But she was leaning towards IVF or high dose of clomid. I'm 39 with one blocked fallopian tube.
Alyaa Elassar
I developed a strong relationship with Dr Elassar even though I wasn’t getting the results I wanted. ... I really connected with her. ... I really trusted Dr Elassar and always felt she had my best interest at heart. ... The only feedback was that she never picked up the phone to give me bad news which I would have preferred over email communication. ...Don’t make assumptions based on test results.
The biggest feedback I have is the nursing staff and the front desk [New York City IVF] showed very little compassion during difficult times. I think the DR has hired some new people that seem better but this was something that bothered me a lot. However, the nurses were very good at drawing blood. They were very professional just not personal. ... Great office space. No wait times. Very clean. I really liked the new office space.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
I really trusted Dr Elassar and always felt she had my best interest at heart. I really connected with her. The only feedback was that she never picked up the phone to give me bad news which I would have preferred over email communication.
Make sure you have tried to get pregnant naturally before pursuing IVF. Don’t make assumptions based on test results.
I don’t remember
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New York City IVF.
The biggest feedback I have is the nursing staff and the front desk showed very little compassion during difficult times. I think the DR has hired some new people that seem better but this was something that bothered me a lot. However, the nurses were very good at drawing blood. They were very professional just not personal.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
Great office space. No wait times. Very clean. I really liked the new office space. There is not much I can say here. XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxccccccccccccvvvvvvvvvvbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbnnnnnXxxxxxxxxccccccccccccccccccccccvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvbbbbbbbbbcccvv
I had insurance but there were out of pocket costs for transfers
No comment