New York Fertility Institute

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
1016 5th Avenue
212-734-5555
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend New York Fertility Institute to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 60%Don't recommend: 40%6
2 doctors
13 Eggs Frozen
NYFI is a small clinic that only takes on a certain number of patients each year. There are only two doctors in the practice, and both of them are there every day. Dr. Fateh has been a fertility specialist for 40 years, but remains extremely in touch with the technological changes and medical advancements. The NYFI office itself is cozier than other clinics, and the quality of service is much higher. The office is on the UES and I traveled there from the West Village - not convenient, but completely worth it!
13 Eggs Frozen
Investor
Describe your experience with New York Fertility Institute.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Majid Fateh at New York Fertility Institute?
Dr Fateh saw me personally every time I visited. He spent as much time with me as I needed and always made sure to fully explain the process, progress and results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New York Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Kara Caputo)
Kara, the nurse and office manager, was amazing. The receptionist however was quite annoying. While well intentioned I know, she degraded the overall experience in the office.
What specific things went wrong at New York Fertility Institute?
How was your experience with Majid Fateh at New York Fertility Institute?
This is white-glove fertility treatment. After having a suboptimal experience trying to freeze my eggs at another clinic, I upgraded to see Dr Fateh. He spent nearly an hour on the first visit explaining the process to me and asking about my prior experience. In addition to addressing all my concerns, he clearly laid out what I would expect over the 10-14 day process. He saw me personally at each office visit and helped me understand how the cycle was progressing. The medications and dosages he prescribed did not change my mood at all compared to significant swings with my initial attempt. The day of the retrieval went very smoothly and I was able to successful freeze 13 eggs.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Majid Fateh at New York Fertility Institute?
Make sure you understand the fully loaded cost at the outset. This is NOT a low-cost option. Even knowing that, there are a number of hidden fees that kept popping up. The entire procedure, including medication, was $23K.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Majid Fateh at New York Fertility Institute.
$23K total - about $6K for medication and $17K for appointments, retrieval, bloodwork, ultrasounds, oocyte processing / transport / storage
New York Fertility Institute
It was very confusing because I was first contacted [by New York Fertility Institute] and told I owed nearly 1,000 for consultation, ultrasound and blood tests. This should have been mostly covered. After days of push back and follow up I believe I ended up paying 200...Very clean and modern looking. Small exam rooms. Made it very uncomfortable for my husband when I was receiving my internal ultrasound with 4 people in the room. The flabotimist left a massive bruise on my arm where she blew out my vein.
Describe your experience with New York Fertility Institute.
I didn’t feel that I was evaluated using all other doctor information and my age. I was immediately told I needed IVF with no other options. It made me feel like a cash cow.
Very curt and matter of fact. Rude when following up about billing.
What specific things went wrong at New York Fertility Institute?
How was your experience with Majid Fateh at New York Fertility Institute?
As previously stated, I felt like she only cared about the $$ not about the factual information (our test results) and lack of risk factors. I was told by my two previous doctors and internal scans that I had no blockage and a high folicale count. The doctor told me because I had a very slight genetic marker that may effect my grandchildren, we should immediately proceed to IVF. No other options we given.
Make sure you ask lots of questions. Receive your paperwork (I was neve sent mine. I do t even know if her diagnosis is accurate). Ask for a second opinion.
Describe the protocols Majid Fateh used in your cycles at New York Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Proceed immediately to IVF. This information was given to me over the phone while I was at work, which the doctor knew. Very insensitive.
It was very confusing because I was first contacted and told I owed nearly 1,000 for consultation, ultrasound and blood tests. This should have been mostly covered. After days of push back and follow up I believe I ended up paying 200
Describe Majid Fateh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New York Fertility Institute.
IVF, 4 Egg Freezing, Surrogacy
IVF, 4 Egg Freezing, Surrogacy
They were incredibly hands on and always made me feel like my husband and I were their primary concern. They were reachable nights and weekends and always made me feel special and cared for
The nurses, clinicians, embryologists all showed extreme care and interest
How was your experience with Majid Fateh at New York Fertility Institute?
He is warm, kind, caring, professional, optimistic, informative, accessible, smart and truly a partner in the process as is his colleague and his entire staff
To listen to his advice, ask questions and know that he is there for you 100%