New York Reproductive

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
133 East 58th Street
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend New York Reproductive to a friend?
1 doctor
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Other
The nurses [at New York Reproductive] who assisted were amazing!! Needles at first were a big scare for me but they made me feel so good and drew blood so naturally that needles are nothing to me now. They spoke to me like I was a friend and created a wonderful relationship...The strengths were the cleanliness, the promptness of seeing the patients according to their appointment and the staff. I wouldn't say there are weaknesses. Maybe the location. It's smack in the middle of the NYC so parking is nonexistent and the crowds are overwhelming at times.
Describe your experience with New York Reproductive.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Galina Karpenko at New York Reproductive?
Dr. Karpenko remembered everything about me and my results everytime I went in or had a procedure. She also began to understand the type of person I was and treated me accordingly. She was personable and funny and just made me feel so comfortable about everything. I love her and am so thankful for her in this world.
The nurses who assisted were amazing!! Needles at first were a big scare for me but they made me feel so good and drew blood so naturally that needles are nothing to me now. They spoke to me like I was a friend and created a wonderful relationship. I love them and I am just as grateful for them as I am for Dr. Karpenko.
How was your experience with Galina Karpenko at New York Reproductive?
From the start, Dr. Karpenko qas the only person who gave me a clear understanding of what was wrong with my husband and myself and was so compassionate about it. She had a great sense of humor which made me feel so comfortable given that I was exposed to her multiple times a week for approximately a year. As a patient, I was on time for every appointment and went with the flow putting all my trust in her and her staff. It worked and I am grateful.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Galina Karpenko at New York Reproductive?
Do not be shy about what you're going through emotionally or physically. She will talk to you like a friend and give you the best advice to help you.
Describe the protocols Galina Karpenko used in your cycles at New York Reproductive and their degree of success.
I had to take 3 different types of supplements every day each for a different concern and inject myself every night with Gonal F until the procedure and then give myself a trigger shot which was Ovidrel 2 days before the procedure. With IUI it was different because I didn't need to use the other trigger shot, Centrotide. That was with my IVF treatments. The supplements increased my amh and fsh hormones and the gonal created and grew eggs for me. I also had to take progesterone after the procedure to make sure the sperm caught with the egg and stayed. My husband also had to take 2 supplements for his sperm motility and sperm count which resulted in a positive outcome. After so many times, I became pregnant on my 2nd IVF cycle and am currently 34 weeks.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Galina Karpenko at New York Reproductive.
I was covered with my insurance so I only had a $15 co pay. I had to pay to freeze my extra eggs after the first egg retrieval which was $1500 and then a monthly storage fee of $100. It was for only 1 month.
Describe Galina Karpenko's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New York Reproductive.
I feel the doctor should give her best professional opinion and the patient should consider what she says before making a decision.
7 IUI, 7 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Unexplained
The office [NY Reproductive] is small. Dr karpenko and dr Smith are the only doctors. 3 nurses. There is never a wait, normal business hours not factory hours. Always a greeting when you walk through the door. Dr karpenko always calls me with blood results same day.... Because of my endometriosis we always did lower dosage cycles. They all included menopur (1vial). Along the way follistim was added (150), cetrotide and ovidrel was always my trigger shot.
7 IUI, 7 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with New York Reproductive.
The office is small. Dr karpenko and dr Smith are the only doctors. 3 nurses. There is never a wait, normal business hours not factory hours. Always a greeting when you walk through the door. Dr karpenko always calls me with blood results same day.
Dr karpenko is the 4th doctor we’ve been to and from the first appointment I felt confident that she would help us through this difficult time. She was the one to diagnose me with endometriosis. She does every ultrasound, she discusses every treatment and protocol plan personally with me in her office. She has done every retrieval and transfer. She is the one who calls me with blood results. No other clinic does any of that!
Describe your experience with your nurse at New York Reproductive. (Assigned nurse: Astrid and Michelle )
Dr Karpenko has a small office. 1 receptionist and 3 nurses. One is the office manager and 1 is also in billing. These women are the best we’ve ever experienced. Beyond friendly, always up for a chat. Never rushed.
How was your experience with Galina Karpenko at New York Reproductive?
Unfortunately we haven’t been successful yet but I firmly believe that she will get the job done. Dr karpenko is compassionate and patient and is a wonderful communicator. I know we’ve done a lot of ivf cycles with her but we were combatting the endometriosis and attempting pregnancy through ivf before choosing endo surgery.
Call and make an appointment. Her office isn’t a factory. She is very personable and compassionate and if you want to feel like a human and not a number, she’s the one to make you feel that way.
At the start I was under my insurance which was United healthcare with ZERO coverage for anything infertility related. I don’t recall what we spent exactly but the iui cycle which was the only one with dr karpenko was $1500 for everything involved, blood, ultrasound etc. As of 2018 I am covered with Cigna through my husbands insurance and we are covered 100% for medications, ivf/iui etc!! I pay $40 a co pay for blood/ultrasounds but never a copay for beta bloodwork.
I only had 1-2 embryos at a time. When we got 2 embryos on the last cycle we transferred 2.
9 IUI, IVF
She [Dr. Karenpko] is by far the best doctor we've had so far to generally manage this process. We've now worked with her for about 9 months....Dr. Karenpko is also very open to working with other doctors and sharing findings and information so that she can provide the best possible care for her patients....She is the first doctor to run tests that discovered MTHFR (after a few years of doctors) and to identify high glucose blood sugar ratios...again, after other doctors tested for it and missed it or failed to test for it.
9 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Galina Karpenko at New York Reproductive?
She is by far the best doctor we've had so far to generally manage this process. We've now worked with her for about 9 months. She is very careful about being too liberal with medications and moving too quickly with any procedures, but is also open to all ideas and trying new strategies. She is careful to analyze the data and the situation and to offer an assessment that she think works best for the patient. Dr. Karenpko is also very open to working with other doctors and sharing findings and information so that she can provide the best possible care for her patients. She is not territorial and her ego does not come before her patients. She advocates on behalf of the patient and works extremely hard (even if it's off hours) to make sure the process is as smooth as possible. When it comes to lab results, she will sometimes call us at night or weekends with results herself, so that we don't have to wait until the next day or a Monday -- she knows how stressful the waiting process can be for anything and is careful to eliminate stress wherever she can. I would have to say that she is also extremely patient and meeting with her or talking with her on the phone never feels hurried. She always makes time to answer all questions and doesn't make you feel stupid for any concern or question you may have. You do not feel like just another number to her and you don't feel like she's out for the money. Dr. K is very dedicated to her profession and to the health of her patients and clearly wants the best for them. She is the first doctor to run tests that discovered MTHFR (after a few years of doctors) and to identify high glucose blood sugar ratios...again, after other doctors tested for it and missed it or failed to test for it. I did get pregnant with her and have a miscarriage this past summer and she offered great advice, welcomed us talking to other doctors to bring in more information, and was very sensitive throughout the process. We've now had her talk to a few other doctors and read their analyses and and are finding ways to still work with her and find the best possible protocol.