Neway Medical

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
123 W. 79th St
212-750-3330
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Neway Medical to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 15Neutral: 6Don't recommend: 77.8
2 doctors
1 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
This is one of the only clinics [Neay Medical] I saw that offered outcome based fees. While more complicated, I think the break even point is around 7-9 eggs where if you produce less than 7 eggs, this is a more affordable clinic. 7-9 eggs it's about the same price, more than 9 eggs and it may be slightly more expensive. Please double check as their pricing is subject to change. That helps to ease the pain of a less than successful IVF. However, having said that, they do have some extraneous fees that no other clinic mentioned such as an "outside monitoring fee" which apparently is for nurses who need to coordinate with external clinics if you don't go to Neway for your blood tests/ ultrasound. A
1 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
This is one of the only clinics I saw that offered outcome based fees. While more complicated, I think the break even point is around 7-9 eggs where if you produce less than 7 eggs, this is a more affordable clinic. 7-9 eggs it's about the same price, more than 9 eggs and it may be slightly more expensive. Please double check as their pricing is subject to change. That helps to ease the pain of a less than successful IVF. However, having said that, they do have some extraneous fees that no other clinic mentioned such as an "outside monitoring fee" which apparently is for nurses who need to coordinate with external clinics if you don't go to Neway for your blood tests/ ultrasound. Also the fee to thaw frozen eggs for IVF seems higher than another clinic. On the positive side, they just moved into a brand new facility which is gorgeous. It's a very easy 2-3 block walk from 4 subway lines. Their operation consent form was concise and full of information, I actually highly suggest every patient read it. Their monitoring procedure was the most straightforward and procedural like. Upon giving your name to registration (anytime between 7:30-9:30am), you were sent to blood draw which was usually fast, then down to ultrasound. The busiest days are Mondays/Fridays where I may have waited 30 minutes. On Tuesday, I was in and out of ultrasound in less than an hour which is a record. After ultrasound, the nurse sits with you as needed and answers all your questions or notes them for the doctor. The only thing I would say is that their operation procedure times seem to be later in the morning after monitoring. If you are fasting before your operation for general anesthesia that means no food/liquids until probably noon the next day.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr Luk has a somewhat brusque manner but she makes statements that show she still cares about the patient. In addition, knowing that I am international, she has responded to my emails herself out of office hours and reminded her staff that my situation is slightly unique to others. She is a busy person so will not always be available to hold your hand but her and her team are responsive.
I met with 3 different nurses for some reason depending on who was in the office that day. They all seemed relatively knowledgeable about my case. As a "veteran", I already knew most of the information although they happily reviewed the key points, like medication, just to make sure. They responded quickly to my concerns and explained when things were not appropriate. For instance, they gave me a choice of pharmacies to use to fulfill my medication prescriptions. I do think some of them are more knowledgeable than others so there is still some luck of the draw but all seemed competent.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk?
Dr. Luk can be aggressive in her suggestions as appropriate. I think this is her nature and her trying her hardest to get her patients pregnant. A more cynical person would say this is also good for business. Our first consultation she said I was 2-3 days from ovulating so she could perform an egg retrieval that week! During the IUI/IVF cycle, we had initially discussed a mild stimulation but upon discovering that I had potential for up to 9 eggs, she immediately wanted to change course for a more aggressive treatment. As this is the 3rd clinic I've used and the 7th clinic I've interviewed, I pretty much know what to expect so I can not comment as to her patience for education. However she and her team have been incredibly responsive to email / requests. Also, leading up to my procedure, she almost had me come in daily for ultrasound / blood of which I think at least one could have been skipped. As these are all included in her package, this just meant additional cost to her.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Janelle Luk?
As with all IVF clinics/doctors, the more you know about the procedure, the more you can understand what could/will happen. Of the clinics I've visited though, I like Neway the best. Just be prepared for Dr. Luk's approach or ask her to explain her reasoning so that you don't accidentally get pushed into treatment you don't want.
Describe the protocols Janelle Luk used in your cycles and their degree of success.
I started with Mild IVF, 100mg Clomid, which is on the high side. To try and push that last 1-2 eggs, I started 150 gonal-F halfway through the cycle.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Janelle Luk.
Conventional IVF - 8,900 (1st time), 7,100 (2nd time). Mild IVF (clomid) - 5700 (3-6 eggs), 6900 (7+ eggs). FET cycle - 3200.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
An IVF cycle [at Neway Medical] with monitoring, retrieval and fresh transfer costs $8900 as of February 2016. An FET costs $3200....The clinic is small, with a lot of patients. Monitoring can take up time so be prepared. If using the subway to get there, be prepared to walk some. Better use a car for egg retrievals and transfers. Sometimes you will not see your doctor but the other doctor in the practice. This was a bit disconcerting at times but I suppose unavoidable.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The clinic is small, with a lot of patients. Monitoring can take up time so be prepared. If using the subway to get there, be prepared to walk some. Better use a car for egg retreivals and transfers. Sometimes you will not see your doctor but the other doctor in the practice. This was a bit disconcerting at times but I suppose unavoidable.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr.Nejat was kind, caring, and very attentive. He listened to my concerns and questions and always addressed them. Even when we disagreed, I always felt respected. He is a wonderful doctor and human being.
They were great. Punctual with instructions and lab results. Young and cheerful.
How was your experience with Edward Nejat?
Dr. Nejat is a brilliant and caring doctor. Being a naturally skeptical person, I always had a lot of doubts about his recommendations but he was proven right every single time. Over time this built trust and respect. I will absolutely go to him for a second child!
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edward Nejat?
Ask questions. Email him, he always responds. He can tend to forget your particular details since he has so many patients so remind him.
Describe the protocols Edward Nejat used in your cycles and their degree of success.
He suggested for us 3 IUIs followed by IVF. He was confident that we would be pregnant with IUI but we needed IVF. He used an antagonist protocol with us since I have an above average AMH, but no PCOS. It turned out to be perfect since we got a healthy retreival of 16 eggs and 8 blastocysts, which for my age of 35 is pretty decent. We transferred two and are 3 months pregnant with a singleton.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Edward Nejat.
An IVF cycle with monitoring, retreival and fresh transfer costs $8900 as of February 2016. An FET costs $3200.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
This is a small clinic [Neway], so you get personalized attention, the Drs do you ultrasounds personally, the team (even receptionists) get to know you. The Drs really listen and prescribe something uniquely for you. If a protocol has worked in the past, they are willing to work with it, but may suggest something else. They are not crazy about doing PGD for everyone...Nurses are supposed to supply day 3 and day 5 results, in several cycles, i had to call in order to get the results at all.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
This is a small clinic, so you get personalized attention, the Drs do you ultrasounds personally, the team (even receptionists) get to know you. The Drs really listen and prescribe something uniquely for you. If a protocol has worked in the past, they are willing to work with it, but may suggest something else. They are not crazy about doing PGD for everyone. If Dr Nejat doesn't work out for you, it's easy to switch to Dr Luk. One annoying part of this clinic is billing, who would call me on Saturdays about a bill due 6 months ago that they never bothered sending to me any other way, and would ask for CC information that day, over the phone. (I declined to do so, and paid in person)
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
One of the nicest, caring drs I have ever met. Takes the time during monitoring to actually listen to you and talk to you. Incredibly patient and answers every stupid question you ask. Doesn't give the sense of looking for success rates, rather what will be best for the patient.
most are very young, but friendly, understanding, and careful.
How was your experience with Edward Nejat?
Dr Nejat is an extremely skilled and kind doctor. He is decisive and intelligent. He is always positive and caring to patients. He is perfect for someone beginning their IVF journey but I am unable to see him any longer because he will not treat immune issues.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edward Nejat?
He is a great doctor. Get an appointment with him right away.
Cycle 1: Mild IVF with Tamoxifen, 150 Gonal-F, lead to 21 eggs, 6 embryos Cycle 2: Mild IVF with Letrozole, 150 Gonal-F, 16 eggs, 2 embryos Cycle 3: standard IVF with lupron, 75 Menopur, 250 Gonal-F, 21 eggs, 3 embryos Cycle 4: standard IVF with no lupron, 75 meopur, 175 - 125 Gonal-F, 20 eggs, 2 embryos
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
7:30 - 9:30am, they had growing spurts where waits would be extremely long, but they resolved that. The Dr never made you feel rushed during the ultrasounds. patiently answered all questions
Describe the costs associated with your care under Edward Nejat.
IVF $6,000- $8,000. Transfer $4,000. anesthesia is by outside specialist and would always cost $600 and they would not try to run through insurance.
Neway Medical
The truly great thing about this clinic [Neway Medical] is that as a smaller operation, there's room for flexibility in treatment, ease in communicating with (or across) various departments (nursing, billing, phlebotomy, etc.) and a comfortable, familiar feeling when you're there and seeing the same faces all the time. You don't feel as if you're in a factory...Now and then I feel that the nurses give less-than-stellar advice over the phone, which later proves to be different than what my doctor would have advised. But this tends to be about general questions, not about the day's protocol instructions (which are specific, less room for interpretation).
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The truly great thing about this clinic is that as a smaller operation, there's room for flexibility in treatment, ease in communicating with (or across) various departments (nursing, billing, phlebotomy, etc.) and a comfortable, familiar feeling when you're there and seeing the same faces all the time. You don't feel as if you're in a factory. I find it very empowering to be able to stick my head into the billing office and ask a quick question, or to ask the person doing the blood draw to add a specific test at the last minute. My impression (based on my own experience) is that the embryology lab is strong. The word I keep returning to in my mind is flexibility. Going through infertility can be extra nightmarish for a control freak, so it helps a lot to go to a clinic that allows some customization (whether in IVF protocols, billing decisions, scheduling, etc.). Over time the prices have gone up and everything has gotten more busy, but it's still pretty good compared to what I hear about larger clinics.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. Luk brings a lot of energy and enthusiasm into the exam room. She always seems happy to see you, even when the monitoring hours are busy with lots of patients. While her style of communication can be a bit chaotic, it feels as if she's thinking about your case, and her approach doesn't feel rote or one-size-fits-all. She seems willing to tweak protocols, either to satisfy the patient's psychological needs (as long as it's not harmful) or to account for specific issues that arise.
This is tough because a couple of excellent nurses have left the practice in the time I've been there and I really feel their absence; hopefully someone will fill their shoes soon. The current nurses (as of early 2017) are pleasant enough, and they are reasonably available by phone or when you're in the office and want to have a chat about something. They always call promptly with the day's results. But some of the current nursing staff aren't as precise with their knowledge and communication as the ones that left. I'm fairly demanding, though, and extremely well-informed, so I may be a tough patient to impress in this regard.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk?
The number one reason why I like Dr. Luk is because it feels like she's really thinking about your cycle and about her own treatment philosophy. She's neither stuck on purely cookie-cutter conventional methods nor drawn to the latest trends. She seems to have a lot of confidence in her own opinion, which appeals to me. I also like that she's flexible in a way that I imagine is only possible in a small clinic like this; if I arbitrarily want to use one brand of medication instead of another because of something I read, she's willing to accommodate. If I want to come for monitoring a day early for my peace of mind, or more often than is strictly necessary, she is okay with it. My only complaint is that her style of communication can be disorganized; sometimes it seems her brain is moving too fast and she skips from one view to another without explaining what changed her mind. She also could improve her listening skills, stopping to fully hear a patient's question or concern before answering; it's not that her answers are dismissive, more like she's so eager to clarify or reassure you that she sometimes misses the specific point you were trying to get to.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Janelle Luk?
You can trust her intentions completely. But make sure you understand why she wants to do certain things; sometimes she seems to give too much weight to what the patient might want based on something they said (e.g. she might push a less expensive protocol if she knows money is an issue) and so she'll advise accordingly when in fact the patient wants only to know what works best and can weigh factors like money or discomfort on their own.
I underwent an IUI (my second-- the first was with another doctor) with letrozole, which went smoothly but no pregnancy. Then had a diagnostic hysteroscopy and some other monitoring and eventually did an IVF cycle (antagonist with estrogen priming), using ICSI and freeze-all (for hormonal reasons) with later medicated FET. Achieved pregnancy but miscarried due to chromosomal abnormality.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
For morning monitoring, which is first-come first-served, most of the time I only had to wait a short time, for maybe one or two patients, before being called in for blood or ultrasound. Every now and then, maybe one out of five times, the wait was longer.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Janelle Luk.
Costs have gone up since we last paid for treatment so these prices are no longer relevant. In early 2016 we paid $800 for each of two IUIs. Then we paid $8900 for a conventional IVF cycle, but $1600 of that ended up being subtracted and applied to a later FET cycle, the total cost of which was $3200. Neway provides a discount for the second IVF attempt if the first one fails.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Immunological
[Neway Medical's] strengths- smaller practice, more personal feel, innovative care. Weaknesses- longer wait times for monitoring, less doctors on staff. Not allowed to go up to the clinic before 7am monitoring starts, you are forced to wait in the lobby in the elevator bank, and then people don't necessarily get seen on a first come first serve basis (some people will budge ahead of people waiting longer when getting off the elevator to be at the reception first). Harder to reach outside of office hours.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Immunological
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Strengths- smaller practice, more personal feel, innovative care. Weaknesses- longer wait times for monitoring, less doctors on staff. Not allowed to go up to the clinic before 7am monitoring starts, you are forced to wait in the lobby in the elevator bank, and then people don't necessarily get seen on a first come first serve basis (some people will budge ahead of people waiting longer when getting off the elevator to be at the reception first). Harder to reach outside of office hours.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
She was very friendly and sat down to speak with me at all of my monitoring sessions and really explain what was going on and answer questions. She always asked how I was feeling, and tried to keep the overall tone lighter and happy.
the nurses are all friendly, younger girls that were always very pleasant to deal with. I got familiar with some of the nurses, but I also noticed that there seemed to be a high amount of turnover and frequent new faces. I am not totally sure, but I got the impression that there may have been a few nurses on staff but that there was a good amount of medical assistants instead of nurses. That is speculation though, and all the staff was excellent regardless of their certification
How was your experience with Janelle Luk?
I felt very well taken care of by Dr. Luk. She was always calm and optimistic, even when I experienced set backs. I felt comfortable with her, and felt like she knew who I was even though she sees many patients every single day.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Janelle Luk?
I imagine her bedside manner is not for everyone, although it was great for me. I felt comfortable in a personal interactions although I could see some people finding the treatment to be too informal.
I have DOR, and she put me on almost the opposite protocol from the clinic I had been at prior. I was skeptical at first but I got results every cycle. Based on what was happening in the cycles and how I responded to the drugs she adjusted the types of medications I was taking. After several chemical pregnancies I was ready to move on to IVF. Other clinics wouldn't do IVF for me due to the fact I only get 1-2 eggs per month, but she said she would collect those eggs over several cycles. I ended up not needing to go forward with that as she had me do one last IUI.She had suspected I had built up an immune response to pregnancy that was resulting in the chemical pregnancies I kept experiencing. She put me on prednisone in addition to progesterone, and I got pregnant that cycle.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Janelle Luk.
Insurance covered some of the monitoring, but not the IUI or medications. It came to about 900$/month
Neway Medical
There were several problems early on [at Neway] with not calling in prescriptions, lost test results, and confusion about where we were in our treatment. I attribute this entirely to the turnover in the nursing staff. Luckily none of these issues impacted our treatment in any serious way...The wonderful thing about a small clinic like Neway is that you feel treated like a person, not just a number. We've had an excellent experience with the billing department, and some (though certainly not all) of the nurses. Both doctors (Dr. Nejat and Dr. Luk) are visible and available, which I gather is not necessarily the case in larger clinics. I would definitely recommend Neway to those who would like a more personal approach to their treatment.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. Nejat makes a real effort to be kind and warm. He has a very calm demeanor, and is very responsive to patients. We certainly didn't feel like just a number around him.
We had a varied experience with the nursing staff. Some of the nurses were fantastic - responsive, smart, and organized. Unfortunately, there seems to be a high turnover at Neway, so at several points we found ourselves assigned a new nurse who was uninformed and disengaged. It's been a frustrating experience. Hopefully the staffing issues will be resolved soon.
How was your experience with Edward Nejat?
Dr. Nejat initially seemed like the perfect doctor for us. He's kind, articulate, and has a very soothing bedside manner. But ultimately, that soothing quality didn't really work for us - we prefer blunt assessments, lots of detailed information, and someone who can articulate exactly what the treatment strategy is and why. So after my wife's failed IUI with Dr. Nejat, we switched to Dr. Luk (also at Neway). I certainly don't blame him for the failure, since the odds of success were very long, but we prefer Dr. Luk's more energetic and engaged style.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edward Nejat?
Dr. Nejat would be great for a patient who doesn't want to micromanage every aspect of their treatment. If you're comfortable putting yourself into his hands, his attentive but relaxed demeanor might be a great fit for you.
The IUI was a first attempt at fertility treatments. Dr. Nejat prescribed my wife clomiphene citrate, which she responded well to. However, as my wife was already 39 years old, the chances of an IUI succeeding were very, very small. Dr. Nejat made this clear going in, so we were prepared when she ultimately had a negative result.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Edward Nejat.
Our IUI cost $800. That price has almost certainly gone up in the past year.
Neway Medical
[Neway Medical] Strength: organized, easy to get a hold of someone, treated like a person and not a number, little details like pads/tampons in the exam rooms are appreciated, everything can be done over email (which I prefer because I can't be making private calls at work all the time) Weakness: They're pretty aggressive about billing. Immediately phoning for payment as soon as a procedure is done. Even phoning for payment for a procedure that hasn't even been fully decided on yet by the doctor (that was annoying to keep explaining that we haven't even fully decided yet if we're doing this procedure, so I'm definitely not paying yet).She can come across as blunt and not quite as warm, but she is very warm and personable once you get to know who she is.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
I was personally spoken to or emailed on every single occasion.
I like that it's easy to communicate with the nurses via a secure emailing system. I could send an email and get a response from someone within 24 hours. If they could answer the question, they would. If they couldn't, they would have a doctor get back to me very quickly. Though I did prefer some nurses over others because I felt some were more thorough in email explanations, you get whoever is answering emails.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk?
Due to her cultural background, she's fairly candid and blunt. But I always felt she was compassionate and personally invested in my care. She did her absolute best to make sure that I was taken care of by her staff, and did her personal best to help me through any other issues that she could.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Janelle Luk?
She can come across as blunt and not quite as warm, but she is very warm and personable once you get to know who she is. It was easier for me to get past it because I have friend's moms who are just like her and I realized it's more of a cultural thing.
For first round IVF (undiagnosed infertility, I'm almost 35), I think she started with a fairly normal regiment of meds (based on what I read from online forums). My eggs/follicles weren't progressing (on one side) as much as she liked, so she started to increase the medications in hopes of a good cycle. She was trying to balance not over medicating me, but also hoping to get enough good eggs knowing that I have zero IVF insurance coverage. In the end, we were able to retrieve 9 eggs, but only 2 embryos made it for PGD testing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Janelle Luk.
I have zero IVF insurance coverage and everything was out of pocket. These were my approximate expenses: 16,500 for IVF (including all monitoring and bloodwork), anesthesia for egg retrieval, PGD/freezing process, and upcoming FET Not including: Medications and genetic testing done at third party labs
Neway Medical
I love that this clinic [Neway Medical] offers a range of treatment options and respects the natural cycles of your body, trying to support it rather than manhandle it. But they also can throw all hormones and control tools if necessary...[Nursing Staff] They were so responsive! And always very competent. And almost all of them were very warm and extremely helpful...The egg retrieval was $8000 not counting medicine and checkups. The transfer was $4000 not counting meds or checkups.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
I love that this clinic offers a range of treatment options and respects the natural cycles of your body, trying to support it rather than manhandle it. But they also can throw all hormones and control tools if necessary.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
He clearly cared about me and my experience under his care. He was always kind and when I admitted to struggling emotionally with the process he gently offered infertility support group references without being pushy about it. He also always seemed interested in me as a person and remembered details about my life from one session to the next. He was also always willing to answer as many questions as I wanted to ask.
How was your experience with Edward Nejat?
He was extremely compassionate and willing to answer all questions. He was always concerned with me as a human not just as a reproductive challenge. He never made me feel rushed. He also showed an impressive capacity and willingness to listen and learn. When I showed him research about a procedure I had concerns about, he read it and told me he would adjust his use of it going forward. My one and only criticism was that sometimes when I had a concern that required a detailed understanding of the science behind something (like the use of one drug over another) he didn’t want to get into that detail with me. His standard answer in those instances was always “I’m not worried about that.” I’m a person who does a lot of research and wanted to understand for myself whether I should or should not worry about something. At the end of the day, I never felt like he always steered me in the right direction and made the best decisions he could with the information available and gave me truly excellent care. I never doubted the quality of care and I really trusted him.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edward Nejat?
Know he has your best interests at heart and that he really will answer with all details and the science behind his decisions if you explicitly push him to tell you that level of detail.
We used Letrozole in all but one IUI cycle because of my PCOS diagnosis and I responded well to it. The one time we tried Clomid (after my first or second negative pregnancy test), it thinned my lining too much so we went back to Clomid. Dr. Nejat always tried to support my natural cycle as much as possible. When I asked to go on Progesterone after each IUI he prescribed it without challenging me. When I asked to go on Metformin for my PCOS after my 6th IUI (and first chemical pregnancy) he also agreed without challenging me. He gave me lower doses of injectable hormones in the lead up to my egg retrieval to protect me from hyper stimulation (though I ended up hyper stimulated anyway). The egg retrieval, fertilization process and transfer went off without a hitch!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Edward Nejat.
My insurance covered the IUI so not sure about those costs. The egg retrieval was $8000 not counting medicine and checkups. The transfer was $4000 not counting meds or checkups.
Neway Medical
reception staff [Neway Medical - New York] are top rate. they know your name even as you are just walking in the door. they answer questions quickly by phone and email and are very welcoming and direct you pleasantly within the center. billing department was fine. only thing is that they didnt know that i would need auth for iui injection meds seperate from the auth for iui and i had to pay for the meds out of pocket. also they dont send out their bills in timely fashion
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
reception staff are top rate. they know your name even as you are just walking in the door. they answer questions quickly by phone and email and are very welcoming and direct you pleasantly within the center. billing department was fine. only thing is that they didnt know that i would need auth for iui injection meds seperate from the auth for iui and i had to pay for the meds out of pocket. also they dont send out their bills in timely fashion, lastly, when we were preparing to start ivf they didnt go over hte fees and benefits with us in detail to show us the exact costs we would be responsible for. while they did go over our general benefits at hte beginning of our time at hte clinic, after i switched to the new clinic was the first time the fees were laid out for me and we need to postpone it again until we can afford it
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. nejat was easy to get in touch with (very on top of his email communication) he really considered my medical history and family dynamic and schedule and we decided on treatments and timing TOGETHER.
not always receiving a response to phone calls in timely fashion from nurses. they were all friendly and professionaly and nice and took the to show me how to use injections and make sure i was comfortable with it
How was your experience with Edward Nejat?
Dr nejat was very calm, patient, and explained everything when i had questions. his bedside manner was excellent and i really appreciated it. my most important thing in a doctor was one who could really understand my personal situation and tailor the protocol to my needs. i felt at ease and safe under his care and he really took time for us which boosted our confidence.there were certain tests that i had done at hte clinic with a different doctor just before i saw him that im glad he didnt make me repeat. on the flip side, having moved on to another clinic because he left hte practice, i wish he would have requested clearance from my other specialists (although he was aware of my medical history and it is very minor things. maybe we could have gone over pgs/pgd more in depth to see if it was right for us
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edward Nejat?
make sure that he pays as much attention to your other medical conditions as he does to working with your preferences and circumstance
1 cycle clomid 1 cycle letrozole- switched to letrozole to minimize reaction to side effects as well as personal exposure based on family history with cancer in relatives who did fertility treatments 1 cycle letrozole with iui to try and increase chance of pregnancy after this IVF was recomended bec of my age and the length of time since my last pregnancy . mild stimulation to produce minimal eggs and therefore retreival without anesthesia was recomended to limit my exposure to drugs based on family history. we tried to prep for a cycle several times and as yet have not been able to see one thru, mostly bec of logisits not medically related
Describe the costs associated with your care under Edward Nejat.
procedure before ivf 95% covered by insurance. frozen sperm less than $1000 out of pocket includes one year storage. yearly storage fee maybe slight high. already mentioned previously that they failed to get a sep preauth for meds for iui and to thouroughly review detailed ivf costs
6 Eggs Frozen
1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
RE was ill prepared to handle my case which, at the time, was very straightforward! I would not recommend him to friends. Beware of the billing department[at Neway Medical] ---they mismanaged my funds and were not very friendly or accessible...The nursing staff was generally kind and supportive throughout the process...6000 dollars for cycle through eggbanx and another 4000 for medication not covered by my insurance
6 Eggs Frozen
1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
RE was ill prepared to handle my case which, at the time, was very straightforward! I would not recommend him to friends. Beware of the billing department---they mismanaged my funds and were not very friendly or accessible.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. Nejat was very compassionate and attentive. He sat down with me for over an hour and proceeded to answer, in detail, all of the questions I had about the egg freezing process. I really appreciated his genuine interest in my care.
The nursing staff was generally kind and supportive throughout the process.
How was your experience with Edward Nejat?
Although I thought Dr. Nejat was a truly caring and lovely individual, I would not recommend him as an RE. At the time of the retrieval, my AMH was very high for my age. Dr. Nejat assured me that I would retrieve many eggs as there were greater than 25 follicles on my first ultrasound. However, he only retrieved 13 eggs and out of 13, only 6 were mature! Dr. Nejat admitted he was shocked at my poor results. In retrospect, I believe he should have placed me on higher doses of medications in order to stimulate growth of the many smaller follicles.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edward Nejat?
I chose this doctor because I was given a discounted rate through eggbanx. However, if I were to freeze again I would see a higher rated RE at a top facility such as NYU or RMA NJ.
Antagonist protocol. 225 gonal F and 75 menopur. Ganirelix on day 4 onward.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
Monitoring apts were well orchestrated by Dr. Nejat and nursing.
Neway Medical
The nurses [at Neway Medical] were extremely kind, personable, and attentive. There were times when instructions regarding next steps could have been more clear, but I could not have asked for a more engaged, caring team.... Dr. Luk combined low dose IVF injections with the oral medication (Letrozole) that I had responded to favorably during IUI cycles. Her rationale was that I had responded well to the oral medication and increasing the injections would likely cause my body to continue to fail to respond - a combination of low dose injections and the oral medication would be more favorable. With only injections, my first IVF cycle was cancelled with another physician and their plan was to increase the dosage. Dr. Luk's plan worked and we obtained three high-quality, five-day embryos from the first cycle with her. This cycle resulted in a healthy singleton birth. For my second cycle, we repeated the same protocol. My response was much lower (my DOR had worsened), but this, too, resulted in a healthy singleton pregnancy, which is in progress.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
N/A - Dr. Luk is now with Generation Next Fertility. I strongly recommend Dr. Luk and would recommend patients follow her to her new location.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
She took the time to understand my history and tailored a treatment plan to me. Everyone in the clinic called me by name and recognized me. Appointments were efficient. Most important, Dr. Luk came in on her day off to do my first successful embryo transfer to ensure it went smoothly. And it did result in a healthy pregnancy!
The nurses were extremely kind, personable, and attentive. There were times when instructions regarding next steps could have been more clear, but I could not have asked for a more engaged, caring team.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk?
I cannot recommend Dr. Luk enough. Most important, she helped me to achieve two healthy pregnancies in record time, where other doctors were not able to get me to respond to IVF meds. adequately. For my first cycle with Dr. Luk (which followed a cancelled cycle at CWRC and undiagnosed DOR), I was pregnant within two months. Dr. Luk took the time to understand my history and devise an effective, creative treatment plan. She’s a brilliant physician with a huge heart. For my second cycle, two years later, my response to the medication decreased dramatically, but where other doctors would have cancelled, Dr. Luk continued the cycle. I achieved a successful pregnancy with the single embryo that resulted. Her compassion and willingness to work with patients is unparalleled.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Janelle Luk?
Don't hesitate to schedule a consultation with her. I would look nowhere else.
Neway Medical
The clinic [Neway medical] was awesome, always on top of everything. I felt comfortable there and always felt like I was in good hands. I believe Dr. Luk and Dr. Nejat no longer work there, and I would possibly consider going back anyway, because the staff was so friendly, helpful and accommodating.... Before my first IUI, I had a polyp on my ovary that she discovered and removed. The first IUI I did naturally without medication. For the second and third, I would take clomid the first 5 days after my period, have my blood taken after to determine ovulation, go in to have an ultrasound of my ovaries, and then the nurses would call in a prescription for a trigger shot. I would then go in for the IUI exactly 36 hours after the shot.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The clinic was awesome, always on top of everything. I felt comfortable there and always felt like I was in good hands. I believe Dr. Luk and Dr. Nejat no longer work there, and I would possibly consider going back anyway, because the staff was so friendly, helpful and accommodating.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. Luk took time out of her day to call me whenever I had questions.
They were extremely helpful and caring.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk?
Dr. Luk was recommended to me from a friend and we had a great experience with her. She is an incredibly smart and amazing surgeon and is very direct, which is important. She also called and emailed a lot which was really nice. But as someone who asks a ton of questions, I sometimes had a hard time understanding her answers (due to her being ESL and the fact that she is (understandably) always going a hundred miles per minute) Because of Dr. Luk's scheduling and being out of the office when I was ovulating, we ended up getting all three of my IUI's done with Dr Nejat. Dr. Nejat is much more thorough in answering questions and a little more gentle.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Janelle Luk?
I would recommend asking her to repeat her answers if you don't understand them. She was very patient with us in repeating herself and we found it very helpful!
co-pay - $25 per visit
2 IUI, IVF
The clinic is well kept, clean and modern-looking. There is not much space in the exam rooms which can be a little uncomfortable when speaking with the doctor because they are sitting right in front of your feet after the exam. The exam rooms also always have this blaring 90s pop music on and at 7-8am when you are there for monitoring or right before a procedure, it seems like the last thing you want to listen to. The ultrasound tech, Lisa, is really sweet but she needs more experience. She didn't seem to really know what she was looking at 1-2x that I saw her. She got better with time. The overall wait is okay - takes no time to get your blood work but about 30-40 minutes to get the ultrasound done.
2 IUI, IVF
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. Nejat has a really soft and sweet bedside manner. He was really kind to us and is a very good listener. I think this approach worked well for us towards the first half of our diagnosis because we (especially me) wanted someone who was listening to my doubts, fears, concerns and would answer all of my questions. He was also willing to work with me with diminished ovarian reserve, which not many doctors will. But at the end of the day, it felt like I was approaching him with new ideas of things to try versus the other way around. I don't know if that's because of my diagnosis and he didn't think it would work or if he was too passive. I ultimately don't know all of the choices, so preferred someone who would give me more options and give us the choice to decide.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
I was cc'd on emails to the entire nursing staff but along the way it seemed I was supposed to be assigned to Jennifer. Can't really recall why I felt that way now, but that seems to be the case. In any case, she was okay. Pretty average nursing coordinator. I had to borrow some medications from this clinic twice for my IUIs because they didn't get pre-authorization on time, so that wasn't great. I then had to return my medications to them and they were a bit rough with me about when I was supposed to do that. I do not recommend doing this to anyone, by the way. If you are starting a protocol, make sure you get your pre-auth right away because it takes a bit of time to get the meds (pre-auth takes 48 hours) and I didn't know this. So my IUIs were always planned within the week and I had to run around to get the right medications to trigger. I had to borrow from them because I didn't have them on time. That was messy and not professional. I think many clinics do this, but I would strongly advise against it if you can help it.
How was your experience with Edward Nejat?
As stated before, Dr. Nejat has the right bedside manner for this area of medicine. He listens, he cares and he has a more natural approach than other doctors. He isn't as eager to pump you up with fertility medicines, which I appreciated. But after two failed IUI attempts, he didn't really offer us another course of action. He seemed to be winging it more than planning a protocol for us. I don't know if this is because of our diagnosis and our bad numbers, but I felt like I was approaching him about different options I had learned about that other women with my condition were trying instead of him approaching me about them. I wish he were a little more aggressive at the end.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edward Nejat?
I think that if you are seeing Dr. Nejat and are nervous about treatments, he is a great doctor to go to. I think if you've already been in treatments and you want an aggressive doctor, he may not be the right match. He will certainly do things within your comfort zone and doesn't seem to say no either though, so I would just say that if you need some handholding, he is the right person.
We basically did natural cycle IUIs with Dr. Nejat. Each time (there were only 2) we used an HCG trigger shot. He put me on an estrogen patch for a week or two to try to lower my FSH levels because I wasn't producing any eggs, but that was suggested by me after doing some research. He didn't think it could help or hurt, so he had me try it. He was a bit more passive in this respect.
covered by insurance
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
The clinic's [Neway Medical] strengths are the ease of scheduling monitoring and the easy monitoring hours which allows visits prior to work in the morning. I think this leads to very busy morning hours where the wait can be up to an hour for blood work and ultrasound...the nursing staff were always pleasant for blood draws and prepping for ultrasound. If I asked them questions, they often replied with "I'm new here and I'm not sure"
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The clinic's strengths are the ease of scheduling monitoring and the easy monitoring hours which allows visits prior to work in the morning. I think this leads to very busy morning hours where the wait can be up to an hour for blood work and ultrasound.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
On all of my monitoring visits, Dr. Luk would ask me why I was there. I'm unsure if this ws her method to check in and assess my insight and understanding about the process, but it upset and frustrated me, and my perception was that she did not remember who I was. Considering monitoring happens a couple of times per week in that final week leading up to the trigger and IUI, I was always taken aback by her lack of memory about why I was there.
The nursing staff were always pleasant for blood draws and prepping for ultrasound. If I asked them questions, they often replied with "I'm new here and I'm not sure", but they would check with the doctor. Phone conversations with them are always pleasant.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk?
Dr. Luk's communication style was extremely direct and rushed, and sometimes there was a tone of condescension when I posed questions to her, particularly questions we'd discussed before for which I was looking for further clarification. One of the visits that stuck with me most was a monitoring cycle for natural IUI. I was instructed to come for bloods and ultrasound. After I gave a blood sample, I was taken to an ultrasound room, but then the nurse said "oh, actually no ultrasound" and I was not given any further information. I sat waiting for Dr. Luk for 45 mins before insisting I speak with her and ask why no ultrasound and what was the next step. She informed me that I would not have an ultrasound and IUI would be tomorrow. I have the feeling if I hadn't demanded to speak with her, I wold have left the clinic without any information regarding my visit nor instruction about returning for IUI. This is the kind of interaction that characterized my interactions with her and ultimately lead to me changing doctors within the practice.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Janelle Luk?
Choose another doctor who is less rushed and has more time for her patients. Also, not to expect a warm and empathic bedside manner.
My first two cycles of IUI were not stimulated with any drugs, as that was my request. This was one element I was happy with regarding having her as my doctor (i.e., she allowed me to do natural cycles despite low chances of success which she communicated). As I was ovulating naturally, we then attempted one IUI with Ovidrel trigger shot, with the rational that we could time IUI better.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Janelle Luk.
Most of the IUI was covered by my insurance but I can say the I paid a co-pay of $40 each visit. I think she once quoted me $700 for an IUI procedure including semen wash and analysis (this was during a period where I had changed insurance provider and coverage for IUI was still being determined by my insurance).
Neway Medical
Most of my costs [at Neway Medical] were covered my insurance, which is why I went there, but the billing department would often not update my chart and I had to advocate for myself often to get my coverage...Disorganized in the early morning crazy monitoring slots. Not knowledgable. Sometimes weak English.very disorganized practice...They did not even call with results that we found out after we left the practice.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Strength: nice facilities Weaknesses: inappropriate care, disorganization, slow, not communicative
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
very disorganized practice. They did not even call with results that we found out after we left the practice. I was overmedicated several times and had to cancel cycles. Inappropriate medications used.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Janelle Luk?
Consider otherwise. I wasted a lot of time and insurance benefits, had a very aggravating and depressing experience, and was only able to get the proper care to get me pregnant when I left. I went there because they were in my insurance and left to an out of network provider- best move I ever made. I would still be pumping my body full of hormones (inappropriate for my diagnosis and often overstimulated) and having gotten nowhere.
clomid, then letrazole, then injectables (gonal f)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Janelle Luk.
Most of my costs were covered my insurance, which is why I went there, but the billing department would often not update my chart and I had to advocate for myself often to get my coverage.
Neway Medical
The [Neway Medical] clinic is pretty disorganized and they forget to tell patients all the steps to expect. You have to stay on top of them about things that need to happen. It's better if you have contact with the doctor; you can request to do so...They didn't always test my thyroid, although I asked them to. They didn't always tell me what to expect next. However, they're much better than the other clinic I used... very friendly and interested in my welfare...
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The clinic is pretty disorganized and they forget to tell patients all the steps to expect. You have to stay on top of them about things that need to happen. It's better if you have contact with the doctor; you can request to do so.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
She was no nonsense, and told me things in a straightforward way but with empathy and tact.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
I didn't have a lot of in person contact with her, she was only assigned when the clinic made a mistake, and the nursing staff seemed pretty disorganized. I'd have to remind them to do tests that I needed.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk?
She was effective and understanding, with a low medication intervention approach. I got pregnant with her at the age of 41 with just 3 IUIs. When the clinic made a mistake, she took responsibility and steps to make sure it didn't happen again.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Janelle Luk?
Make sure to ask to see her if you feel more comfortable, ask staff to explain all the steps to you, and what's next, and make sure you're on top of what you need done, because they can miss some details.
One natural IUI, then 2 cycles with chlomid. The 3rd IUI resulted in pregnancy. I wanted to try as little medication and intervention as possible. Used donor sperm.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Janelle Luk.
It was covered by my insurance. I did have to pay for an out of network anesthesiologist for a hysteroscopy.
Neway Medical
Strengths: Saw Doctor often Weaknesses: Unorganized and incompetent staff made for a dreadful experience and poor results overall. Overall, I would strongly advise against going to neway. I feel that I wasted my insurance money on procedures and medication that would have been better spent with more advanced clinics. Nurses were meant to email protocols by end of day, many times I had to call to remind them. Many times they gave the wrong protocol and I had to confirm with the doctor. Instructions were often incorrect and delayed and medications and procedures were often ordered incorrectly. Truly abysmal.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk?
I liked Dr Luk personally, but NeWay is understaffed. Dr Luk's only method is mini IVF. There were countless mistakes made by her staff, and terrible communication. I felt my 3 cycles with Neway wasted my time and money.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Janelle Luk?
With so many other options in NYC, I would strongly recommend attending another, more progressive and organized, clinic. I truly believe I wasted money and time with Neway and would hate to see others do the same.
First IUI: Supposed to take clomid for 5 days but nobody told me how long to take it and I wound up taking it for 10 days which caused health problems. This was on account of poor nursing staff. IVF 1 & 2: Mini IVF - clomid to start then low dose menopure and follistim.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
In general, monitoring was relatively quick. Usually max wait was 15 minutes.
estimated, $12k per cycle
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Other
When I showed up [at Neway Medical] for an embryo transfer, the staff wasn't expecting me, even though it was the correct day and the day my doctor had said to come. It turned out that the administrative or nursing staff had written down the wrong week for my transfer. I ended up having to wait three-plus hours while the lab obtained and thawed the embyros and the staff got ready. The doctors and nurses apologized profusely, and I believe them when they said this was highly unusual. But it still was nerve-wracking and not the reception you want to get when you show up for such an important procedure, one in which hormone/medication timing is so crucial.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. Nejat has a wonderful bedside manner. He's kind and funny and listens carefully to my medical history and has patiently discussed all my questions. I felt like he has involved me in the process of choosing treatment plans. Also, I already have one child, and I sometimes feel a little uncertain about bringing her to a fertility clinic. But he has a natural way with kids and jokes with her and keeps her entertained, so when I do have to bring her to appointments it's a great experience all around.
How was your experience with Edward Nejat?
I think that in addition to having excellent bedside manner and being caring and supportive, he's a skilled and talented doctor. He has an optimistic attitude toward the fertility process, and I trust that he knows how to navigate his way through my fairly complex medical case and find an appropriate course. When I did get pregnant with a previous IVF cycle, he was genuinely thrilled at the success; unfortunately after two months it turned out that the pregnancy was not viable and we had to let it miscarry, and I found him to be sensitive and supportive through that experience as well.
Neway Medical
[Nursing at Neway Medical is] Excellent---one nurse spent 2 hours with us reviewing how to do the injections. They are very responsive via email and always answer your questions...It is a lovely atmosphere...it feels patient centered and the space is beautiful. They do not seem too busy or crowded which is reassuring. It's great to have only 2 doctors so you can know them both and be more comfortable. The lab seems well run and very clean.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. Luk makes you feel like you are working as a team all together. She is very positive and encouraging. She gets to know you as a person not just as a body.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk?
She is great. We feel like we are in good hands. While this road is not without bumps it helps to much to have great communication and follow up.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Janelle Luk?
Be sure to ask her lots of questions and to explain the pros/cons of possible treatments.
Mini IVF cycle-no need for traditional IVF since we have male factor and have already tried several IUIs. Now trying IUIs again before a possible second try at Mini IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Janelle Luk.
Reasonable with insurance co-pays.
Neway Medical
The nurses especially were very caring...Prompt call-backs about test results as promised. Nice bed-side manner.The [Neway Medical] clinic is quite crowded though, and waits can be long.
Investment Banker
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
I did get very good individual care. The nurses especially were very caring. The clinic is quite crowded though, and waits can be long.
Very caring nurses. Prompt call-backs about test results as promised. Nice bed-side manner.
How was your experience with Jesse Hade?
Pros: Very good doctor. Numbers-driven, he gives you the course of treatment based on statistical outcomes from similar cases, which made me very comfortable. He discussed probabilities of success from different options openly. Cons: after the first unsuccessful IUI (because I didn't respond to Clomid), he recommended IVF right away. I had to ask whether other options are available, and he agreed to try IUI again with injectables. This resulted in a baby girl! :) I am happy that I was able to avoid IVF but I feel that perhaps he could have been more open about other non-IVF options without being asked.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jesse Hade?
1. Make sure the clinic is convenient for you. You will be going there A LOT, almost every other day in the morning for as many months as your treatment lasts. He has early morning hours starting at 7. 2. Push him to discuss non-IVF options with you.
Jesse Hade
Neway Medical
Recent high turnover caused some communication lapses...While some nurses have done very well with email follow-up, recent high turnover in Neway (including our patient coordinator) caused some communication/continuity problems...[Dr. Luk is] Highly capable and intelligent, very relational, detail-oriented, great sense of humor, goes to lengths to explain things and make sure we understand, good listener and good communicator, feel very taken care of, generally very enthusiastic but emotionally sensitive as needed, fights for us when the need arises, get the sense she is working hard for us behind the scenes.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Recent high turnover caused some communication lapses.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Takes an above and beyond personal interest in us, at least once called by personal cell phone number, has verbally (and otherwise) expressed that she really likes us and really wants to help us (and I believe those were not just words she says to all of her patients).
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Janelle Luk?
No constructive criticisms - she has been amazing for us. She is already working on the one big change/move that should make her services even more outstanding, which is leaving her current situation. We will definitely look her up to find her when she moves.
Genetic probe and PGD testing to be able to navigate genetic abnormality. IVF cycle with ICSI, egg retrieval resulted in 8 eggs retrieved, 3 embryos created, 1 viable for transfer. In progress.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Janelle Luk.
Had to pay out of pocket, but Dr. Luk did her best to see how she could help us out.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Other
I showed up on the day of my embryo transfer [at Neway Medical] and found that the staff didn't know I was coming, despite it being the correct day in the cycle and the day the doctor had told me to come. It turned out that administrative or nursing staff had put down the wrong week for my embryo transfer. I ended up waiting three-plus hours while the lab retrieved and thawed the embryos and the medical staff got ready. They apologized profusely, and I believe them when they said this was highly unusual. But it was still nerve-wracking, and not the reception you want when you show up for a procedure that important, where hormone/medication timing is so important.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. Luk is the partner of Dr. Nejat, my primary fertility doctor at Neway. I consulted with her first when I started with the practice, but I found that she didn't listen to my medical history or read my file carfully before saying what treatment plan she wanted; she just has firm ideas about going with minimal stimulation and mini-IVF, which wouldn't have been appropriate given my age and history. I chose Dr. Nejat instead and he is wonderful and skilled, but I have occasionally had to see Dr. Luk if he's away. I just get the general sense that she isn't paying close enough attention to me as a patient and I worry that she's not aware of my medical conditions and history when she's treating me.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Janelle Luk?
I would advise the patient not to see Dr. Luk at all, but to go with her partner, Dr. Nejat.
Neway Medical
Her [Dr. Luk's] office is short of doctors, so do not expect to see her all the time and be ready to wait at least 20 minutes for your round.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. Janelle explained to me and my husband how PCOS contributes to a difficult pregnancy. As I received the treatment more months in her office, I did not really see her around anymore. Either she was busy with other patients or she was dealing with her pregnancy (she was pregnant and working hard everyday).
caring, bilingual, efficient. Always reply to my emails fast.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk?
She is knowledgable and experienced. She is open to talk and she talks fast. She adjusted my prescription from Clomids to Letrozol when I showed no sign of responding. She did not force me to perform IUI, but I had once with her colleague and failed.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Janelle Luk?
Her office is short of doctors, so do not expect to see her all the time and be ready to wait at least 20 minutes for your round.
Letrozol+HCG shot+IUI/Natural try Blood draw EVERY TIME!
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Very kind and caring...[Neway Medical was] Very clean, pretty and comfortable...They saw you even when you were late in arriving for the specific monitoring window. They also always had a smile when you were late...Dr Luk is compassionate and very smart. She is very knowledgable in her field. I have never left her office with questions unanswered. She always has a smile on her face which is nice to see at a place like a fertility clinic. I have recommended Dr Luk to many friends and acquaintances.
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Very clean, pretty and comfortable.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
I felt like a human because that is how she treated me. She called me from home on the weekends. When I had an emergency situation I called her at 2am and she returned my call. She knew my case top to bottom.
Very kind and caring.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Janelle Luk?
She will try everything in her power to get you pregnant.
Two different drug protocols were used. The first wasn't the right for me but the second one was perfect. I was also placed on baby Aspirin and Estrace daily for the second time.
Neway Medical
The clinic [Neway Medical] is very professional and clean. Staff if kind and caring. The men's sample collection room could use some work, it was like a teen boys room. The rooms were comfortable and very private....[nurse] Kaylee was fantastic. She was always available if I called, anything I was not able to ask the doctor (due to embarrassment) I asked her. She is what all nurses need to strive to be...
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The clinic is very professional and clean. Staff if kind and caring. The men's sample collection room could use some work, it was like a teen boys room. The rooms were comfortable and very private. Added words to make two hundred characters.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
He took the time for all my questions. I never felt like he was in a hurry to move on to the next person. When it was my time, I felt like his only pt.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
How was your experience with Jesse Hade?
Jesse Hade was wonderful. He was caring and patient. I am not the easiest to deal with, I ask a ton of questions, and he took the time to answer every one of them. He walked me through every step of the IVF. He knows his trade.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jesse Hade?
Ask questions. He covers almost everything, but if he does not, ask! You will never know if you don't!
Describe the protocols Jesse Hade used in your cycles and their degree of success.
Too long ago to remember
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jesse Hade.
Unknown
Jesse Hade
Neway Medical
[Neway Medical is an] Excellent clinic. I highly recommend this clinic to anyone looking for a fertility clinic. Compassionate and caring doctors and staff. Everyone is very accessible and willing to go the extra mile. Very clean. Minimal wait...Dr. Kort is a kind, caring, and brilliant doctor. I highly recommend him for anyone dealing with fertility issues. He took the time to answer my questions and explain thoroughly all the options so I could make the best decisions possible. He truly goes above and beyond.
European, East Asian
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. Kort is a very compassionate and caring doctor. He was very approachable and always took the time to explain everything to me and answer all my questions.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort?
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Kort?
If you are dealing with infertility, make an appointment with Dr. Kort. He will help you understand your options and formulate a treatment plan.
Describe the protocols Daniel Kort used in your cycles and their degree of success.
I pursued IVF with Dr. Kort as IVF had the highest success rates and I wanted to have a baby as quickly as possible.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Kort.
very reasonable
Daniel Kort
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
We spent about $10k for a cycle of mild ivf and will be spending an additional $4k for a frozen transfer...The space is nice and the location is good. It was nice being close to Central Park for visits after the clinic...She [Dr. Janelle Luk] is very knowledgeable and has good bedside manner. I like that she chooses the most natural route possible. She seemed to know the details of my case which I appreciate. She is warm, but direct and allows you to make the final decisions with treatment after informing you of the options.
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Her bedside manner was very good and all of the nurses were warm and helpful.Dr. Luk also remembered the details of my case.
Very warm and helpful. I felt like the clinic was very well staffed
How was your experience with Janelle Luk?
She is very knowledgeable and has good bedside manner. I like that she chooses the most natural route possible. She seemed to know the details of my case which I appreciate. She is warm, but direct and allows you to make the final decisions with treatment after informing you of the options.
Ask lots of questions
We did mild stimulation for IVF egg retrieval. I have low amh, so a milder protocol was chosen to focus on egg quality instead of quantity.
Neway Medical
They [Neway Medical] open early to accommodate for the early monitoring sessions. The entire clinic was clean and relaxing. Be sure to have all your paperwork done prior to your first visit so you can get the most out of the appointment...Storage, medicine, procedure cost. Everything was up front so there are no surprise fees...He's [Dr. Kort] very kind and compassionate. He took the time to explain the entire treatment.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
They open early to accommodate for the early monitoring sessions. The entire clinic was clean and relaxing. Be sure to have all your paperwork done prior to your first visit so you can get the most out of the appointment.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort?
He's very kind and compassionate. He took the time to explain the entire treatment. He was easily accessible via email or phone. He was willing to answer all my questions and concerns. He also reassured me that everything is alright.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Kort?
Always ask questions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Kort.
Daniel Kort