Genetic counseling: Offered
Selling medication: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
123 W. 79th St
212-750-3330
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Neway Medical to a friend?

Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Dr. Kort and the clinical staff are the clinic's biggest strengths. They communicate very well with their patients. When I had questions regarding the blastocysts and PGS, even the embryologist was in direct contact with me and was responsive to emails. The front desk staff was always welcoming and kind as well (especially Gulmira!). The office is very clean and comfortable. While my overall experience at Neway was a positive one, the billing department has room for improvement. Though pleasant to speak with, the billing coordinators did not seem well organized and weren't always responsive. A coordinator had told me she would be in touch with my insurance company, but the conversation was delayed by over week and ultimately led to a delay in starting IVF. Also, it would have been helpful to receive invoices throughout the duration of services rather than receiving one invoice for services that dated back many months. All in all, I had a great experience at Neway would highly recommend the clinic and Dr. Kort.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Dr. Kort always took his time with me and answered all of my questions. I never felt rushed out the door. He was always quick to respond to emails and phone calls, and was very accommodating. At my first appointment, Dr. Kort provided me with a checklist of what was to come; his plan of care was individualized and he appropriately managed my expectations throughout the process.
The nursing staff was kind and compassionate. They were diligent in confirming patient identity, were communicative via the patient portal, and made me feel comfortable in the office. Jennifer Chin really went out of her way to check in and ensure things were running smoothly. She provided thorough education on administering self-injections and was very helpful in obtaining prescriptions and insurance authorizations.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Dr. Kort is enthusiastic about his profession and the well-being of his patients alike. He is thorough, knowledgable, and professional. As a patient, I always felt well taken care of and supported under his care. Dr. Kort is a clear communicator and establishes a sense of comfort and safety from the get-go. During appointments, he always explained exactly what he was doing step-by-step. He is warm, empathetic, knowledgable, and has an excellent bedside manner.
Describe the protocols Daniel Kort used in your cycles at Neway Medical and their degree of success.
My partner and I did IUI for three cycles where I was taking letrozole x5 days, would take a trigger shot, and then do IUI 36 hours later. After the first unsuccessful cycle using 2.5mg of letrozole, Dr. Kort increased my dose to 5mg. I stayed on the same dose for cycles 2 and 3 without success. Before starting IVF, my partner and I tried naturally for one month due to insurance reasons. Leading up to the egg retrieval, I was taking Gonal f 225iu and Menopur 75iu on days 1-8, and Cetrotide 0.25mg on days 5-8. I took Leuprolide 80 u on day 9 and had the retrieval 36 hours later. We did a frozen transfer, so I took Estrace 2mg TID on days 1-18 after the retrieval. On day 19, Dr. Kort added Endometrin 100mg TID and progesterone in sesame 1mL IM q3days. This first transfer resulted in an intrauterine pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Neway Medical.
I never felt that the monitoring window was too busy. There weren't long wait times, and the appointments moved along smoothly. If I was ever running late, Dr. Kort always made time to see me.
Describe Daniel Kort's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Neway Medical.
Dr. Kort urged us to do a single embryo transfer because he felt our chances of conception were high given my age and health history. He would have transferred two embryos if that's what my partner and I wanted, but he counseled us against it and educated us on the risks of a multiple pregnancy. He was also firm in not transferring more than two embryos at a time.
Neway Medical

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical.

11 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
PCOS, Unexplained
Excellent clinic [Neway Medical] — quick wait times, excellent staff, pleasant facilities and appearance. The billing dept had some issues but overall all issues were addressed and resolved. They take multiple insurance plans. I saw the same doctor each time and I felt that the staff knew me well. There was a very personal feel — it didn’t feel like a baby factory as I found with other clinics. All the tests were done in house, which was also very helpful and comforting.
11 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Excellent clinic — quick wait times, excellent staff, pleasant facilities and appearance. The billing dept had some issues but overall all issues were addressed and resolved. They take multiple insurance plans. I saw the same doctor each time and I felt that the staff knew me well. There was a very personal feel — it didn’t feel like a baby factory as I found with other clinics. All the tests were done in house, which was also very helpful and comforting.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ralf Zimmermann at Neway Medical?
Dr. Zimmermann was very sensiyand responsive to my specific needs. He was attentive and would call me back very quickly and consider treatments that felt tailored to my issues rather than standard protocol. He also provided me with literature that was helpful in making certain decisions.
Excellent — very professional, kind, sensitive, and responsive!
How was your experience with Ralf Zimmermann at Neway Medical?
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Zimmermann. I felt he had both the expertise and excellent bedside manner. He was sensitive, respectful, and supportive while also being very knowledgeable and experienced. I appreciated that he was there for all of my appointments and procedures and found him to be very patient and thorough.
Describe the protocols Ralf Zimmermann used in your cycles at Neway Medical and their degree of success.
8 medicated iui cycles with a small dose of clomid (25 mg) — I had already had 3 unmedicated IUI cycles at a different clinic. Each time I used Ovidrel shot to trigger ovulation. After the failed iui, we decided to move on to ivf and I did 7 days of gonal f. I don’t remember the dose but I know it was pretty low and he lowered it several times because of concern about overstimulation. I also did injections to put off ovulation. I had one egg retrieval that resulted in 32 eggs, 25 fertilized with ivf and icsi, and 18 embryos made it to day 5. The 18 embryos were frozen because I needed to recover — I had mild OHSS. I skipped a cycle and then transferred one embryo resulting in a pregnancy and live birth of a baby boy. I took vagibal and injectable progesterone and estrogen for the first 13 weeks of pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Neway Medical.
Almost no wait times, same doctor each time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ralf Zimmermann at Neway Medical.
Much was covered by my insurance but I had to pay copays and coninsurance. I ended up spending about $3500 including medications.
Neway Medical

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Ralf Zimmermann at Neway Medical.

2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
They [Neway Medical] are a small team who caters to their patients. My appointments were always on time, the staff is responsive and genuinely care, and everyone is easy to communicate with. ... Neway is one of only a handful of centers that offers IVM for specific patients who may not be able to tolerate IVF. ...There’s no red tape at this office and I never got frustrated with billing or insurance issues. The clinic takes as much stress out of the process as they can. They even have an app for you to check all your blood results and appointments.
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
I’m trying to make this review evenhanded but I can’t think of many/any weaknesses. They are a small team who caters to their patients. My appointments were always on time, the staff is responsive and genuinely care, and everyone is easy to communicate with. There’s no red tape at this office and I never got frustrated with billing or insurance issues. The clinic takes as much stress out of the process as they can. They even have an app for you to check all your blood results and appointments.
Everyone at Neway knows your name and is extremely welcoming and kind. Dr. Kort always made himself available via email and phone for any questions or concerns we had and spoke with me and my partner multiple times throughout our treatment plan and as our plans evolved. Instead of focusing just on getting me pregnant now (my main concern), Dr. Kort took the time to ask us about our larger plans for our family and to make sure we had all the information we needed to put a plan in place and try to acchieve those goals. As a couple, we waivered at times with some of our decisions about treatment and Dr. Kort was always there to get on the phone with us, help discuss the options and potential risks and benefits with no judgment. We’re both a big fan of his approach and never felt pressured or uncertain about our decisions once we (re)discussed things with him.
The nursing staff is a small team who knows your name. They are always happy to see you and make you feel good about coming in for your appointments. They are super responsive to emails and phone calls and more importantly help you with all your preauthorizations (and denials). The nursing staff made my time at Neway better and less stressful.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Dr. Kort is compassionate, kind, patient and thoughtful in his patient care. The things I value in a physician, but more specifically a RE, are knowledge/skill, availability/responsiveness, empathy, and being non-judgmental. Dr. Kort has all of these things.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Dr. Kort is great in that he doesn’t talk down to you. Ever. The only place this might leave a gap in knowledge is that he may assume you know more about your body and the reproductive system than you do. Don’t feel intimidated to ask the most basic questions if you need to. He is happy to fill in facts and information. I was embarrassed with how little I actually knew about my own reproductive system and how it worked, but he never made me feel self conscious about it.
For PCOS/endometriosis/annovation/ male factor: We started treatment with a low dose of leterozole and monitoring. 2 follicles matured that month but no pregnancy. Dr. Kort gave us the option to proceed with leterozole or IUI or IVF. Due to our timeline I chose to go straight to IVF. He did not push this decision. Because I had a case of OHSS after egg retrieval at my previous fertility center, Dr. Kort Recommended IVM. Neway is one of only a handful of centers that offers IVM for specific patients who may not be able to tolerate IVF. This treatment offered lower doses of medicine for a shorter number of days. We did stim meds for four days and a trigger shot. I had 28 eggs retrieved, and the embryologist was in touch every other day with an update on how the eggs were maturing. Eventually, after ICSI, we had three healthy embryos. I had a fast recovery from retrieval and no OHSS. I would absolutely choose IVM again in the future. Dr. Kort encouraged me to give my body a month long break after egg retrieval since I had so many mature follicles and my ovaries were swollen. This was not what I wanted to hear at the time, however, for my health and to give us the best chance at a successful embryo transfer he encouraged a conservative approach and rest. At the end of the month I came in for monitoring again expecting to start my frozen embryo transfer. Dr. Kort saw my ovaries had returned to normal but two follicles were ready to release naturally. He took bloodwork and sent me home to try to conceive on our own that week. Two weeks later I got a positive pregnancy test. I’m now 10 weeks pregnant and we feel great that we took the steps to help put our future dreams of our family in place. We will be seeing Dr. Kort again after this pregnancy, and I wouldn’t have changed anything about my course of treatment.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Neway Medical.
Monitoring hours were in the morning 7:30 to 10 am. I never had to wait more than 5 minutes and was usually in at 7:30 and out by 8:15 (bloodwork and ultrasound) to make it to work on time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Kort at Neway Medical.
I think IVM including ICSI and genetic screening was around 14-16k. My medication thorough insurance was $175. The costs were clearly laid out ahead of time and there were no surprises along the way.
Dr. Kort encourages SET, however, it varies patient to patient. Given this was our first time with embryo transfer, and we had no real reason to think I couldn’t carry a pregnancy, he encouraged SET. Ultimately it was up to us, but we were coached on the risks of multiples before making a decision. I’d also note that we were counseled early about single vs double transfer and had time to discuss as a couple. We didnt have to make any quick decisions. Ultimately we ended up pregnant naturally before having to decide.
Neway Medical

Clean, well run clinic [Neway Medical] with caring and accomodating staff. Always available on the phone and promptly returned any call that was missed. ... Monitoring was very accommodating, easy to organise around my schedule. I even had a miscarriage scare and they allowed me to come in immediately and did an ultrasound to check my babies. ...
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Clean, well run clinic with caring and accomodating staff. Always available on the phone and promptly returned any call that was missed. I highly recommend this clinic to anyone needing fertility help. I felt listened to and cared for in this difficult time in my life.
Dr. Kort was fantastic at all times, he always had time for me and was very caring and helpful
Fantastic, caring and knowledgeable staff right from the front desk throughout the whole clinic!
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Dr. Kort was always available to answer any questions or concerns I had. I always felt like I was the only patient and he was never rushed or impatient. Dr. Kort always explained everything very clearly and talked about next steps and expectations
Absolutely book in for a consult with Dr. Kort
I started with 1 cycle of hormone treatment with IUI, when this was unsuccessful (due to issues with me) Dr. Kort gave me the option for trying again or going straight to IVF. We opted for IVF and were successfully in pregnancy with twins who are due at the end of April!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Neway Medical.
Monitoring was very accommodating, easy to organise around my schedule. I even had a miscarriage scare and they allowed me to come in immediately and did an ultrasound to check my babies. They were always caring and accomodating, I never felt like a burden or like they didn’t have time for me
My insurance covered the bulk of the costs so I am not sure, but they did have a fantastic financial staff who helped liase with my insurance and get everything sorted out for me
We discussed at length the options for transfer of 1 vs. 2 embryos, we decided on 2 as this offered the best chance for success

12 Eggs Frozen
The clinic is clean and modern. Zero complaints. A new patient should wear a comfortable sweater as there are many injections. The bathroom was very nice and equipped with loads of sanitary supplies, which i appreciated. ... Morning monitoring was very easy. Nurses would call us in quickly and I rarely waited more than ten minutes. Morning sessions with Dr. Kort were organized, timely and painless. ... All staff at Neway were professional and compassionate. Lovely humans all around! ...
12 Eggs Frozen
European, Black or African-American, Native American
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Dr. Kort was great. I must say that he was candid, open and easy to talk to. I appreciated his experience and how he put me at ease. I was freezing my eggs for "someday" so i was not under stress while undergoing the treatment. I genuinely enjoyed talking with Dr. Kort and appreciated his style.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: I liked all the nurses and I am sorry that I do not remember. One was named Jennifer.)
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Dr. Kort was excellent. I am in my late 30s and was considering freezing my eggs. I have a high pressure job wherein I am not in a position to have a child at the moment as I work/travel in insecure locations. Dr. Kort put me at ease and ensured that I got the results that I needed in the time frame I had available. Dr. Kort was available by email and I saw him throughout the egg freezing process. He was courteous and kind and I would use him again!
To be as honest as possible. Dr. Kort is non judgmental and will let you know directly the risks, but more importantly, the opportunities provided by egg freezing.
I did egg freezing. Dr. Kort gave me the prescription, taught me about the drugs and gave me tips on how to inject. Honestly, my procedure (extraction) was low stress and I retrieved a dozen eggs. I felt comfortable and confident throughout the process.
8,500 for egg freezing
NONE-Not applicable

11 Eggs Frozen
The strength of this clinic [Neway Medical] is that everyone is SO nice and NOT judgemental. They are very hands on and have wonderful bedside manner. ... The women who took my blood were SO patient and kind and compassionate, they really made me seriously consider going to nursing school. they are top top notch. Amazing bedside manner, compassionate, funny, educated. ...
11 Eggs Frozen
Investment Banker
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The strength of this clinic is that everyone is SO nice and NOT judgemental. They are very hands on and have wonderful bedside manner. The weakness is that I had to travel to them a bit of ways, but they cant help that!
I was not pressured into doing the process, and he answered all of my questions, thoroughly and openly. He has an amazing and warm bedside manner.
I sent them the largest Harry and Davids gift basket because they were SO AWESOME! they would call and/or email on a daily basis. The women who took my blood were SO patient and kind and compassionate, they really made me seriously consider going to nursing school. they are top top notch. Amazing bedside manner, compassionate, funny, educated. They would call to make sure I was okay, especially on the first few nights of self injections. They took the fear out of this process and threw it right out the window!
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Dr Daniel Kort was amazing. He did not pressure me into doing anything, which i felt is what most doctors are doing these days. He took an extra 30 minutes over my consultation time to answer my questions. He would call the pharmacy himself to make sure my medications went through, and he would call me every other day to check in on how I was feeling. He also would reply to my emails within the hour if I had any questions. He also has a great sense of humor. I was really impressed with him and his nurses. They also went out of their way to call me and check in on how I was doing. I really appreciated such gestures as this is clearly a very vulnerable process.
To be prepared to take time off in the morning to get blood work done and check ups! its an average of about five times in two weeks you will have to do this so allot that time for yourself before work (if you work).
Dr Kort and his nurses had me on an easy to follow protocol between check ups, blood work, and ultrasounds. It appeared I was on the normal cycle of injections, with firm and clear directions emailed to me every single day. I was able to produce 18 eggs, 8 of which passed to be frozen, and 3 they grew to term, for a total of 11 eggs frozen. I was very happy with the results.
It was $5000.00 out of pocket for the surgery and process. around $2000 for medications. and $600 annual storage.

2014 - 2018
3 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs
There were times when nurses needed to be called to contact other clinics when I did outside monitoring. Neway would blame the other clinic even though that clinic could state the time that results were faxed or emailed over. There were also times when I had to call to have refills called in to a local pharmacy more than once...Waiting to get blood drawn was never a long wait. Waiting for ultrasounds could take over an hour if you didn’t go early enough.
2014 - 2018
3 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The staff is courteous. When I last visited Neway the nursing staff was new and the donor department was inexperienced. There are a lot of moving parts when it comes to coordinating a donor cycle. The nurse in charge did not seem to have a deep knowledge of how to make the cycle as smooth as possible.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Edward Nejat at Neway Medical?
Dr. Nejat always treated me with respect and kindness. He always asked about my students or how my school year was going. He has excellent bedside manner and is always calm and gentle.
I followed Dr. Nejat from one clinic to another. When I first began working with him the nurses were phenomenal. They were kind and compassionate, completely on the ball and easy to communicate with. By the time I left Neway the nursing staff had gone through several overhauls and some of them were very inexperienced.
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Neway Medical?
Dr. Nejat is very kind and compassionate. I felt he was experienced and knowledgeable. Unfortunately, I did not receive the results that I wanted. After years of working with him I am questioning if more could have been done to ensure that I did not go through 2 miscarriages, though I’m not positive that more could have been done. Dr. Nejat for the most part kept in touch via email and always explained any questions I had about medication or procedures.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edward Nejat at Neway Medical?
Request that all diagnostic tests be done.
Describe the protocols Edward Nejat used in your cycles at Neway Medical and their degree of success.
When I went to Dr. Nejat I wanted to try to complete an Ivf cycle as naturally as possible. He adhered to my wishes and we did several low dose Ivf cycles with Femara and injectables. We were able to successfully retrieve 3 eggs during a cycle that was used only injectables. The fresh transfer failed, one embryo arrested and the last embryo was transferred during a FET. This resulted in pregnancy, but I miscarried at 7/8 weeks. We continued on with another injectables low dose cycle which resulted in an unsuccessful retrieval. We decided to move on to a fully medicated cycle. This was the least successful, all 7 eggs arrested by day 3. We moved onto a donor cycle with a known donor. We were able to get 5 mediocre quality embryos from that cycle. The fresh transfer failed. We found out I had an endometrial infection from a biopsy that was then treated with 3 weeks of antibiotics. The following FET transfer worked, but resulted in a miscarriage at 9 weeks. We have two low quality embryos remaining that we will transfer by the end of the year.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Neway Medical.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Edward Nejat at Neway Medical.
I live in a mandated state so most treatment and medication was covered up until now. I had to pay $5,000 for donor screening, $1,000 a year for storage fees, and $15 copay for monitoring visits.
Describe Edward Nejat's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Neway Medical.
Dr. Nejat left this decision up to us, which I was completely comfortable with.
Neway Medical

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Edward Nejat at Neway Medical.

The nursing staff [at Neway Medical] were incredibly sweet. They came to know me as a person, and I never felt like I was just another patient they had to deal with. They were always very responsive when I reached out via phone or email with questions...Early on, there was some confusing back-and-forth with getting the Ovidrel, which needed to come from a specialty pharmacy. It hadn't been called in and approved by insurance when I called the pharmacy, so there was a lot of time spent on the phone with Neway and then with the pharmacy again to get it straightened out, and I eventually ended up borrowing a spare Ovidrel from Neway. After that snafu, there were no more issues with prescriptions.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The doctors are knowledgable the the nursing staff is warm and very responsive. There were some headaches with insurance/prescriptions, so I'd recommend being very on top of that and making sure that you double-check any fees and understand completely who is calling in what prescription and what you need to do to get it.
Dr. Zimmermann was familiar with my medical history and the reasons that brought me there. He always took time to answer our questions, and personally called to delivery the results during each cycle. He was sensitive to the emotional nature of this process.
The nursing staff were incredibly sweet. They came to know me as a person, and I never felt like I was just another patient they had to deal with. They were always very responsive when I reached out via phone or email with questions.
How was your experience with Ralf Zimmermann at Neway Medical?
Dr. Zimmermann very clearly knows this area very well. His knowledge of the biology and science behind it all was very reassuring. Sometimes our meetings could feel rushed, but he always thoroughly answered my questions when I asked them. He made candid recommendations while also remaining sensitive.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ralf Zimmermann at Neway Medical?
Come to your meetings with him prepared with the questions you want to ask.
I do not ovulate or get my period, so after the initial tests, we did cycles with Clomid to induce follicle growth and then an Ovidrel injection to induce ovulation, followed by timed intercourse. We did six timed intercourse cycles, all with negative results. There was no issue with my husband's sperm, but we decided to try one or two rounds of IUI before proceeding to IVF. After the first IUI procedure (done again with Ovidrel and Clomid), I became pregnant.
There was a co-pay for each visit, and I think that was it.
Neway Medical

They're [Neway Medical] very aggressive about billing. Immediately phoning for payment as soon as a procedure is done. Even phoning for payment for a procedure that hadn't even been fully decided on yet by the doctor ... Arrive to the receptionist and check in that you've arrived. Seen by the phlebotomists in the order of arrival. Proceed to the ultrasound waiting room and get seen in order there. ...It started out great with nurses that responded to my emails immediately, but as my time there progressed, the nursing staff was having a lot of turnover
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Strength: organized, easy to get a hold of someone, treated like a person and not a number, little details like pads/tampons in the exam rooms are appreciated, everything can be done over email (which I prefer because I can't be making private calls at work all the time) Weakness: They're very aggressive about billing. Immediately phoning for payment as soon as a procedure is done. Even phoning for payment for a procedure that hadn't even been fully decided on yet by the doctor (that was annoying to keep explaining that we haven't even fully decided yet if we're doing this procedure, so I'm definitely not paying yet). By the end of my time there, there was a lot of turnover in staff (phlebotomists, nursing, etc)
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
I was personally spoken to or emailed on every single occasion.
It started out great with nurses that responded to my emails immediately, but as my time there progressed, the nursing staff was having a lot of turnover and Dr. Luk even expressed frustration over this. I don't know what was going on.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
Due to her cultural background, she's fairly candid and blunt. But I always felt she was compassionate and personally invested in my care. She did her absolute best to make sure that I was taken care of by her staff, and did her personal best to help me through any other issues that she could.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
She can come across as blunt and not quite as warm, but she is very warm and personable once you get to know who she is. She definitely cares and wants to solve problems. She doesn't follow one treatment plan for everyone but looks over all of your medical information to make a personal plan for each patient.
Describe the protocols Janelle Luk used in your cycles at Neway Medical and their degree of success.
For first round IVF (undiagnosed infertility, I'm almost 35), I think she started with a fairly normal regiment of meds (based on what I read from online forums). My eggs/follicles weren't progressing (on one side) as much as she liked, so she started to increase the medications in hopes of a good cycle. She was trying to balance not over medicating me, but also hoping to get enough good eggs knowing that I have zero IVF insurance coverage. In the end, we were able to retrieve 9 eggs, but only 2 embryos made it for PGD testing.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Neway Medical.
It was mostly a well-oiled machine. Arrive to the receptionist and check in that you've arrived. Seen by the phlebotomists in the order of arrival. Proceed to the ultrasound waiting room and get seen in order there. Nurse and Dr come in to do the ultrasound and you are out the door.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Janelle Luk at Neway Medical.
I have zero IVF insurance coverage and everything was out of pocket. These were my approximate expenses: 16,500 for IVF (including all monitoring and bloodwork), anesthesia for egg retrieval, PGD/freezing process, and FET Not including: Medications and genetic testing done at third party labs
Describe Janelle Luk's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Neway Medical.
This didn't apply to me as I only had one viable embryo to transfer.
Neway Medical

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical.

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
The clinic's [Neway Medical] strengths are the ease of scheduling monitoring and the easy monitoring hours which allows visits prior to work in the morning. I think this leads to very busy morning hours where the wait can be up to an hour for blood work and ultrasound...the nursing staff were always pleasant for blood draws and prepping for ultrasound. If I asked them questions, they often replied with "I'm new here and I'm not sure"
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The clinic's strengths are the ease of scheduling monitoring and the easy monitoring hours which allows visits prior to work in the morning. I think this leads to very busy morning hours where the wait can be up to an hour for blood work and ultrasound.
On all of my monitoring visits, Dr. Luk would ask me why I was there. I'm unsure if this ws her method to check in and assess my insight and understanding about the process, but it upset and frustrated me, and my perception was that she did not remember who I was. Considering monitoring happens a couple of times per week in that final week leading up to the trigger and IUI, I was always taken aback by her lack of memory about why I was there.
The nursing staff were always pleasant for blood draws and prepping for ultrasound. If I asked them questions, they often replied with "I'm new here and I'm not sure", but they would check with the doctor. Phone conversations with them are always pleasant.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
Dr. Luk's communication style was extremely direct and rushed, and sometimes there was a tone of condescension when I posed questions to her, particularly questions we'd discussed before for which I was looking for further clarification. One of the visits that stuck with me most was a monitoring cycle for natural IUI. I was instructed to come for bloods and ultrasound. After I gave a blood sample, I was taken to an ultrasound room, but then the nurse said "oh, actually no ultrasound" and I was not given any further information. I sat waiting for Dr. Luk for 45 mins before insisting I speak with her and ask why no ultrasound and what was the next step. She informed me that I would not have an ultrasound and IUI would be tomorrow. I have the feeling if I hadn't demanded to speak with her, I wold have left the clinic without any information regarding my visit nor instruction about returning for IUI. This is the kind of interaction that characterized my interactions with her and ultimately lead to me changing doctors within the practice.
Choose another doctor who is less rushed and has more time for her patients. Also, not to expect a warm and empathic bedside manner.
My first two cycles of IUI were not stimulated with any drugs, as that was my request. This was one element I was happy with regarding having her as my doctor (i.e., she allowed me to do natural cycles despite low chances of success which she communicated). As I was ovulating naturally, we then attempted one IUI with Ovidrel trigger shot, with the rational that we could time IUI better.
Most of the IUI was covered by my insurance but I can say the I paid a co-pay of $40 each visit. I think she once quoted me $700 for an IUI procedure including semen wash and analysis (this was during a period where I had changed insurance provider and coverage for IUI was still being determined by my insurance).
Her approach to medications was always recommending medications over natural cycle to improve chances of pregnancy.

2014 - 2017
reception staff [Neway Medical - New York] are top rate. they know your name even as you are just walking in the door. they answer questions quickly by phone and email and are very welcoming and direct you pleasantly within the center. billing department was fine. only thing is that they didnt know that i would need auth for iui injection meds seperate from the auth for iui and i had to pay for the meds out of pocket. also they dont send out their bills in timely fashion
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
reception staff are top rate. they know your name even as you are just walking in the door. they answer questions quickly by phone and email and are very welcoming and direct you pleasantly within the center. billing department was fine. only thing is that they didnt know that i would need auth for iui injection meds seperate from the auth for iui and i had to pay for the meds out of pocket. also they dont send out their bills in timely fashion, lastly, when we were preparing to start ivf they didnt go over hte fees and benefits with us in detail to show us the exact costs we would be responsible for. while they did go over our general benefits at hte beginning of our time at hte clinic, after i switched to the new clinic was the first time the fees were laid out for me and we need to postpone it again until we can afford it
Dr. nejat was easy to get in touch with (very on top of his email communication) he really considered my medical history and family dynamic and schedule and we decided on treatments and timing TOGETHER.
not always receiving a response to phone calls in timely fashion from nurses. they were all friendly and professionaly and nice and took the to show me how to use injections and make sure i was comfortable with it
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Neway Medical?
Dr nejat was very calm, patient, and explained everything when i had questions. his bedside manner was excellent and i really appreciated it. my most important thing in a doctor was one who could really understand my personal situation and tailor the protocol to my needs. i felt at ease and safe under his care and he really took time for us which boosted our confidence.there were certain tests that i had done at hte clinic with a different doctor just before i saw him that im glad he didnt make me repeat. on the flip side, having moved on to another clinic because he left hte practice, i wish he would have requested clearance from my other specialists (although he was aware of my medical history and it is very minor things. maybe we could have gone over pgs/pgd more in depth to see if it was right for us
make sure that he pays as much attention to your other medical conditions as he does to working with your preferences and circumstance
1 cycle clomid 1 cycle letrozole- switched to letrozole to minimize reaction to side effects as well as personal exposure based on family history with cancer in relatives who did fertility treatments 1 cycle letrozole with iui to try and increase chance of pregnancy after this IVF was recomended bec of my age and the length of time since my last pregnancy . mild stimulation to produce minimal eggs and therefore retreival without anesthesia was recomended to limit my exposure to drugs based on family history. we tried to prep for a cycle several times and as yet have not been able to see one thru, mostly bec of logisits not medically related
procedure before ivf 95% covered by insurance. frozen sperm less than $1000 out of pocket includes one year storage. yearly storage fee maybe slight high. already mentioned previously that they failed to get a sep preauth for meds for iui and to thouroughly review detailed ivf costs
was happy with his suggestion of eset
Neway Medical

I love that this clinic [Neway Medical] offers a range of treatment options and respects the natural cycles of your body, trying to support it rather than manhandle it. But they also can throw all hormones and control tools if necessary...[Nursing Staff] They were so responsive! And always very competent. And almost all of them were very warm and extremely helpful...The egg retrieval was $8000 not counting medicine and checkups. The transfer was $4000 not counting meds or checkups.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
I love that this clinic offers a range of treatment options and respects the natural cycles of your body, trying to support it rather than manhandle it. But they also can throw all hormones and control tools if necessary.
He clearly cared about me and my experience under his care. He was always kind and when I admitted to struggling emotionally with the process he gently offered infertility support group references without being pushy about it. He also always seemed interested in me as a person and remembered details about my life from one session to the next. He was also always willing to answer as many questions as I wanted to ask.
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Neway Medical?
He was extremely compassionate and willing to answer all questions. He was always concerned with me as a human not just as a reproductive challenge. He never made me feel rushed. He also showed an impressive capacity and willingness to listen and learn. When I showed him research about a procedure I had concerns about, he read it and told me he would adjust his use of it going forward. My one and only criticism was that sometimes when I had a concern that required a detailed understanding of the science behind something (like the use of one drug over another) he didn’t want to get into that detail with me. His standard answer in those instances was always “I’m not worried about that.” I’m a person who does a lot of research and wanted to understand for myself whether I should or should not worry about something. At the end of the day, I never felt like he always steered me in the right direction and made the best decisions he could with the information available and gave me truly excellent care. I never doubted the quality of care and I really trusted him.
Know he has your best interests at heart and that he really will answer with all details and the science behind his decisions if you explicitly push him to tell you that level of detail.
We used Letrozole in all but one IUI cycle because of my PCOS diagnosis and I responded well to it. The one time we tried Clomid (after my first or second negative pregnancy test), it thinned my lining too much so we went back to Clomid. Dr. Nejat always tried to support my natural cycle as much as possible. When I asked to go on Progesterone after each IUI he prescribed it without challenging me. When I asked to go on Metformin for my PCOS after my 6th IUI (and first chemical pregnancy) he also agreed without challenging me. He gave me lower doses of injectable hormones in the lead up to my egg retrieval to protect me from hyper stimulation (though I ended up hyper stimulated anyway). The egg retrieval, fertilization process and transfer went off without a hitch!
My insurance covered the IUI so not sure about those costs. The egg retrieval was $8000 not counting medicine and checkups. The transfer was $4000 not counting meds or checkups.
Because I was 36 with no major fertility complications, he preferred doing a single transfer to avoid a multiple pregnancy. I agreed.

2014 - 2017
The nurses [at Neway Medical] were extremely kind, personable, and attentive. There were times when instructions regarding next steps could have been more clear, but I could not have asked for a more engaged, caring team.... Dr. Luk combined low dose IVF injections with the oral medication (Letrozole) that I had responded to favorably during IUI cycles. Her rationale was that I had responded well to the oral medication and increasing the injections would likely cause my body to continue to fail to respond - a combination of low dose injections and the oral medication would be more favorable. With only injections, my first IVF cycle was cancelled with another physician and their plan was to increase the dosage. Dr. Luk's plan worked and we obtained three high-quality, five-day embryos from the first cycle with her. This cycle resulted in a healthy singleton birth. For my second cycle, we repeated the same protocol. My response was much lower (my DOR had worsened), but this, too, resulted in a healthy singleton pregnancy, which is in progress.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
N/A - Dr. Luk is now with Generation Next Fertility. I strongly recommend Dr. Luk and would recommend patients follow her to her new location.
She took the time to understand my history and tailored a treatment plan to me. Everyone in the clinic called me by name and recognized me. Appointments were efficient. Most important, Dr. Luk came in on her day off to do my first successful embryo transfer to ensure it went smoothly. And it did result in a healthy pregnancy!
The nurses were extremely kind, personable, and attentive. There were times when instructions regarding next steps could have been more clear, but I could not have asked for a more engaged, caring team.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
I cannot recommend Dr. Luk enough. Most important, she helped me to achieve two healthy pregnancies in record time, where other doctors were not able to get me to respond to IVF meds. adequately. For my first cycle with Dr. Luk (which followed a cancelled cycle at CWRC and undiagnosed DOR), I was pregnant within two months. Dr. Luk took the time to understand my history and devise an effective, creative treatment plan. She’s a brilliant physician with a huge heart. For my second cycle, two years later, my response to the medication decreased dramatically, but where other doctors would have cancelled, Dr. Luk continued the cycle. I achieved a successful pregnancy with the single embryo that resulted. Her compassion and willingness to work with patients is unparalleled.
Don't hesitate to schedule a consultation with her. I would look nowhere else.
Dr. Luk allowed my to choose whether to choose 1 or 2 embryos with our first and second transfers. She educated me on the options, but was flexible.
Neway Medical

The truly great thing about this clinic [Neway Medical] is that as a smaller operation, there's room for flexibility in treatment, ease in communicating with (or across) various departments (nursing, billing, phlebotomy, etc.) and a comfortable, familiar feeling when you're there and seeing the same faces all the time. You don't feel as if you're in a factory...Now and then I feel that the nurses give less-than-stellar advice over the phone, which later proves to be different than what my doctor would have advised. But this tends to be about general questions, not about the day's protocol instructions (which are specific, less room for interpretation).
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The truly great thing about this clinic is that as a smaller operation, there's room for flexibility in treatment, ease in communicating with (or across) various departments (nursing, billing, phlebotomy, etc.) and a comfortable, familiar feeling when you're there and seeing the same faces all the time. You don't feel as if you're in a factory. I find it very empowering to be able to stick my head into the billing office and ask a quick question, or to ask the person doing the blood draw to add a specific test at the last minute. My impression (based on my own experience) is that the embryology lab is strong. The word I keep returning to in my mind is flexibility. Going through infertility can be extra nightmarish for a control freak, so it helps a lot to go to a clinic that allows some customization (whether in IVF protocols, billing decisions, scheduling, etc.). Over time the prices have gone up and everything has gotten more busy, but it's still pretty good compared to what I hear about larger clinics.
Dr. Luk brings a lot of energy and enthusiasm into the exam room. She always seems happy to see you, even when the monitoring hours are busy with lots of patients. While her style of communication can be a bit chaotic, it feels as if she's thinking about your case, and her approach doesn't feel rote or one-size-fits-all. She seems willing to tweak protocols, either to satisfy the patient's psychological needs (as long as it's not harmful) or to account for specific issues that arise.
This is tough because a couple of excellent nurses have left the practice in the time I've been there and I really feel their absence; hopefully someone will fill their shoes soon. The current nurses (as of early 2017) are pleasant enough, and they are reasonably available by phone or when you're in the office and want to have a chat about something. They always call promptly with the day's results. But some of the current nursing staff aren't as precise with their knowledge and communication as the ones that left. I'm fairly demanding, though, and extremely well-informed, so I may be a tough patient to impress in this regard.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
The number one reason why I like Dr. Luk is because it feels like she's really thinking about your cycle and about her own treatment philosophy. She's neither stuck on purely cookie-cutter conventional methods nor drawn to the latest trends. She seems to have a lot of confidence in her own opinion, which appeals to me. I also like that she's flexible in a way that I imagine is only possible in a small clinic like this; if I arbitrarily want to use one brand of medication instead of another because of something I read, she's willing to accommodate. If I want to come for monitoring a day early for my peace of mind, or more often than is strictly necessary, she is okay with it. My only complaint is that her style of communication can be disorganized; sometimes it seems her brain is moving too fast and she skips from one view to another without explaining what changed her mind. She also could improve her listening skills, stopping to fully hear a patient's question or concern before answering; it's not that her answers are dismissive, more like she's so eager to clarify or reassure you that she sometimes misses the specific point you were trying to get to.
You can trust her intentions completely. But make sure you understand why she wants to do certain things; sometimes she seems to give too much weight to what the patient might want based on something they said (e.g. she might push a less expensive protocol if she knows money is an issue) and so she'll advise accordingly when in fact the patient wants only to know what works best and can weigh factors like money or discomfort on their own.
I underwent an IUI (my second-- the first was with another doctor) with letrozole, which went smoothly but no pregnancy. Then had a diagnostic hysteroscopy and some other monitoring and eventually did an IVF cycle (antagonist with estrogen priming), using ICSI and freeze-all (for hormonal reasons) with later medicated FET. Achieved pregnancy but miscarried due to chromosomal abnormality.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Neway Medical.
For morning monitoring, which is first-come first-served, most of the time I only had to wait a short time, for maybe one or two patients, before being called in for blood or ultrasound. Every now and then, maybe one out of five times, the wait was longer.
Costs have gone up since we last paid for treatment so these prices are no longer relevant. In early 2016 we paid $800 for each of two IUIs. Then we paid $8900 for a conventional IVF cycle, but $1600 of that ended up being subtracted and applied to a later FET cycle, the total cost of which was $3200. Neway provides a discount for the second IVF attempt if the first one fails.
Her approach seems balanced. Very ready to transfer two blastocysts (not so risky for me given advanced maternal age). I'm not sure if she'd transfer more than two blastocysts.
Neway Medical

The clinic [Neway medical] was awesome, always on top of everything. I felt comfortable there and always felt like I was in good hands. I believe Dr. Luk and Dr. Nejat no longer work there, and I would possibly consider going back anyway, because the staff was so friendly, helpful and accommodating.... Before my first IUI, I had a polyp on my ovary that she discovered and removed. The first IUI I did naturally without medication. For the second and third, I would take clomid the first 5 days after my period, have my blood taken after to determine ovulation, go in to have an ultrasound of my ovaries, and then the nurses would call in a prescription for a trigger shot. I would then go in for the IUI exactly 36 hours after the shot.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The clinic was awesome, always on top of everything. I felt comfortable there and always felt like I was in good hands. I believe Dr. Luk and Dr. Nejat no longer work there, and I would possibly consider going back anyway, because the staff was so friendly, helpful and accommodating.
Dr. Luk took time out of her day to call me whenever I had questions.
They were extremely helpful and caring.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
Dr. Luk was recommended to me from a friend and we had a great experience with her. She is an incredibly smart and amazing surgeon and is very direct, which is important. She also called and emailed a lot which was really nice. But as someone who asks a ton of questions, I sometimes had a hard time understanding her answers (due to her being ESL and the fact that she is (understandably) always going a hundred miles per minute) Because of Dr. Luk's scheduling and being out of the office when I was ovulating, we ended up getting all three of my IUI's done with Dr Nejat. Dr. Nejat is much more thorough in answering questions and a little more gentle.
I would recommend asking her to repeat her answers if you don't understand them. She was very patient with us in repeating herself and we found it very helpful!
co-pay - $25 per visit

2 IUI, IVF
The clinic is well kept, clean and modern-looking. There is not much space in the exam rooms which can be a little uncomfortable when speaking with the doctor because they are sitting right in front of your feet after the exam. The exam rooms also always have this blaring 90s pop music on and at 7-8am when you are there for monitoring or right before a procedure, it seems like the last thing you want to listen to. The ultrasound tech, Lisa, is really sweet but she needs more experience. She didn't seem to really know what she was looking at 1-2x that I saw her. She got better with time. The overall wait is okay - takes no time to get your blood work but about 30-40 minutes to get the ultrasound done.
2 IUI, IVF
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Dr. Nejat has a really soft and sweet bedside manner. He was really kind to us and is a very good listener. I think this approach worked well for us towards the first half of our diagnosis because we (especially me) wanted someone who was listening to my doubts, fears, concerns and would answer all of my questions. He was also willing to work with me with diminished ovarian reserve, which not many doctors will. But at the end of the day, it felt like I was approaching him with new ideas of things to try versus the other way around. I don't know if that's because of my diagnosis and he didn't think it would work or if he was too passive. I ultimately don't know all of the choices, so preferred someone who would give me more options and give us the choice to decide.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
I was cc'd on emails to the entire nursing staff but along the way it seemed I was supposed to be assigned to Jennifer. Can't really recall why I felt that way now, but that seems to be the case. In any case, she was okay. Pretty average nursing coordinator. I had to borrow some medications from this clinic twice for my IUIs because they didn't get pre-authorization on time, so that wasn't great. I then had to return my medications to them and they were a bit rough with me about when I was supposed to do that. I do not recommend doing this to anyone, by the way. If you are starting a protocol, make sure you get your pre-auth right away because it takes a bit of time to get the meds (pre-auth takes 48 hours) and I didn't know this. So my IUIs were always planned within the week and I had to run around to get the right medications to trigger. I had to borrow from them because I didn't have them on time. That was messy and not professional. I think many clinics do this, but I would strongly advise against it if you can help it.
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Neway Medical?
As stated before, Dr. Nejat has the right bedside manner for this area of medicine. He listens, he cares and he has a more natural approach than other doctors. He isn't as eager to pump you up with fertility medicines, which I appreciated. But after two failed IUI attempts, he didn't really offer us another course of action. He seemed to be winging it more than planning a protocol for us. I don't know if this is because of our diagnosis and our bad numbers, but I felt like I was approaching him about different options I had learned about that other women with my condition were trying instead of him approaching me about them. I wish he were a little more aggressive at the end.
I think that if you are seeing Dr. Nejat and are nervous about treatments, he is a great doctor to go to. I think if you've already been in treatments and you want an aggressive doctor, he may not be the right match. He will certainly do things within your comfort zone and doesn't seem to say no either though, so I would just say that if you need some handholding, he is the right person.
We basically did natural cycle IUIs with Dr. Nejat. Each time (there were only 2) we used an HCG trigger shot. He put me on an estrogen patch for a week or two to try to lower my FSH levels because I wasn't producing any eggs, but that was suggested by me after doing some research. He didn't think it could help or hurt, so he had me try it. He was a bit more passive in this respect.
covered by insurance

Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
This is a small clinic [Neway], so you get personalized attention, the Drs do you ultrasounds personally, the team (even receptionists) get to know you. The Drs really listen and prescribe something uniquely for you. If a protocol has worked in the past, they are willing to work with it, but may suggest something else. They are not crazy about doing PGD for everyone...Nurses are supposed to supply day 3 and day 5 results, in several cycles, i had to call in order to get the results at all.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
This is a small clinic, so you get personalized attention, the Drs do you ultrasounds personally, the team (even receptionists) get to know you. The Drs really listen and prescribe something uniquely for you. If a protocol has worked in the past, they are willing to work with it, but may suggest something else. They are not crazy about doing PGD for everyone. If Dr Nejat doesn't work out for you, it's easy to switch to Dr Luk. One annoying part of this clinic is billing, who would call me on Saturdays about a bill due 6 months ago that they never bothered sending to me any other way, and would ask for CC information that day, over the phone. (I declined to do so, and paid in person)
One of the nicest, caring drs I have ever met. Takes the time during monitoring to actually listen to you and talk to you. Incredibly patient and answers every stupid question you ask. Doesn't give the sense of looking for success rates, rather what will be best for the patient.
most are very young, but friendly, understanding, and careful.
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Neway Medical?
Dr Nejat is an extremely skilled and kind doctor. He is decisive and intelligent. He is always positive and caring to patients. He is perfect for someone beginning their IVF journey but I am unable to see him any longer because he will not treat immune issues.
He is a great doctor. Get an appointment with him right away.
Cycle 1: Mild IVF with Tamoxifen, 150 Gonal-F, lead to 21 eggs, 6 embryos Cycle 2: Mild IVF with Letrozole, 150 Gonal-F, 16 eggs, 2 embryos Cycle 3: standard IVF with lupron, 75 Menopur, 250 Gonal-F, 21 eggs, 3 embryos Cycle 4: standard IVF with no lupron, 75 meopur, 175 - 125 Gonal-F, 20 eggs, 2 embryos
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Neway Medical.
7:30 - 9:30am, they had growing spurts where waits would be extremely long, but they resolved that. The Dr never made you feel rushed during the ultrasounds. patiently answered all questions
IVF $6,000- $8,000. Transfer $4,000. anesthesia is by outside specialist and would always cost $600 and they would not try to run through insurance.
Neway Medical

There were several problems early on [at Neway] with not calling in prescriptions, lost test results, and confusion about where we were in our treatment. I attribute this entirely to the turnover in the nursing staff. Luckily none of these issues impacted our treatment in any serious way...The wonderful thing about a small clinic like Neway is that you feel treated like a person, not just a number. We've had an excellent experience with the billing department, and some (though certainly not all) of the nurses. Both doctors (Dr. Nejat and Dr. Luk) are visible and available, which I gather is not necessarily the case in larger clinics. I would definitely recommend Neway to those who would like a more personal approach to their treatment.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Dr. Nejat makes a real effort to be kind and warm. He has a very calm demeanor, and is very responsive to patients. We certainly didn't feel like just a number around him.
We had a varied experience with the nursing staff. Some of the nurses were fantastic - responsive, smart, and organized. Unfortunately, there seems to be a high turnover at Neway, so at several points we found ourselves assigned a new nurse who was uninformed and disengaged. It's been a frustrating experience. Hopefully the staffing issues will be resolved soon.
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Neway Medical?
Dr. Nejat initially seemed like the perfect doctor for us. He's kind, articulate, and has a very soothing bedside manner. But ultimately, that soothing quality didn't really work for us - we prefer blunt assessments, lots of detailed information, and someone who can articulate exactly what the treatment strategy is and why. So after my wife's failed IUI with Dr. Nejat, we switched to Dr. Luk (also at Neway). I certainly don't blame him for the failure, since the odds of success were very long, but we prefer Dr. Luk's more energetic and engaged style.
Dr. Nejat would be great for a patient who doesn't want to micromanage every aspect of their treatment. If you're comfortable putting yourself into his hands, his attentive but relaxed demeanor might be a great fit for you.
The IUI was a first attempt at fertility treatments. Dr. Nejat prescribed my wife clomiphene citrate, which she responded well to. However, as my wife was already 39 years old, the chances of an IUI succeeding were very, very small. Dr. Nejat made this clear going in, so we were prepared when she ultimately had a negative result.
Our IUI cost $800. That price has almost certainly gone up in the past year.

1 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
This is one of the only clinics [Neay Medical] I saw that offered outcome based fees. While more complicated, I think the break even point is around 7-9 eggs where if you produce less than 7 eggs, this is a more affordable clinic. 7-9 eggs it's about the same price, more than 9 eggs and it may be slightly more expensive. Please double check as their pricing is subject to change. That helps to ease the pain of a less than successful IVF. However, having said that, they do have some extraneous fees that no other clinic mentioned such as an "outside monitoring fee" which apparently is for nurses who need to coordinate with external clinics if you don't go to Neway for your blood tests/ ultrasound. A
1 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
This is one of the only clinics I saw that offered outcome based fees. While more complicated, I think the break even point is around 7-9 eggs where if you produce less than 7 eggs, this is a more affordable clinic. 7-9 eggs it's about the same price, more than 9 eggs and it may be slightly more expensive. Please double check as their pricing is subject to change. That helps to ease the pain of a less than successful IVF. However, having said that, they do have some extraneous fees that no other clinic mentioned such as an "outside monitoring fee" which apparently is for nurses who need to coordinate with external clinics if you don't go to Neway for your blood tests/ ultrasound. Also the fee to thaw frozen eggs for IVF seems higher than another clinic. On the positive side, they just moved into a brand new facility which is gorgeous. It's a very easy 2-3 block walk from 4 subway lines. Their operation consent form was concise and full of information, I actually highly suggest every patient read it. Their monitoring procedure was the most straightforward and procedural like. Upon giving your name to registration (anytime between 7:30-9:30am), you were sent to blood draw which was usually fast, then down to ultrasound. The busiest days are Mondays/Fridays where I may have waited 30 minutes. On Tuesday, I was in and out of ultrasound in less than an hour which is a record. After ultrasound, the nurse sits with you as needed and answers all your questions or notes them for the doctor. The only thing I would say is that their operation procedure times seem to be later in the morning after monitoring. If you are fasting before your operation for general anesthesia that means no food/liquids until probably noon the next day.
Dr Luk has a somewhat brusque manner but she makes statements that show she still cares about the patient. In addition, knowing that I am international, she has responded to my emails herself out of office hours and reminded her staff that my situation is slightly unique to others. She is a busy person so will not always be available to hold your hand but her and her team are responsive.
I met with 3 different nurses for some reason depending on who was in the office that day. They all seemed relatively knowledgeable about my case. As a "veteran", I already knew most of the information although they happily reviewed the key points, like medication, just to make sure. They responded quickly to my concerns and explained when things were not appropriate. For instance, they gave me a choice of pharmacies to use to fulfill my medication prescriptions. I do think some of them are more knowledgeable than others so there is still some luck of the draw but all seemed competent.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
Dr. Luk can be aggressive in her suggestions as appropriate. I think this is her nature and her trying her hardest to get her patients pregnant. A more cynical person would say this is also good for business. Our first consultation she said I was 2-3 days from ovulating so she could perform an egg retrieval that week! During the IUI/IVF cycle, we had initially discussed a mild stimulation but upon discovering that I had potential for up to 9 eggs, she immediately wanted to change course for a more aggressive treatment. As this is the 3rd clinic I've used and the 7th clinic I've interviewed, I pretty much know what to expect so I can not comment as to her patience for education. However she and her team have been incredibly responsive to email / requests. Also, leading up to my procedure, she almost had me come in daily for ultrasound / blood of which I think at least one could have been skipped. As these are all included in her package, this just meant additional cost to her.
As with all IVF clinics/doctors, the more you know about the procedure, the more you can understand what could/will happen. Of the clinics I've visited though, I like Neway the best. Just be prepared for Dr. Luk's approach or ask her to explain her reasoning so that you don't accidentally get pushed into treatment you don't want.
I started with Mild IVF, 100mg Clomid, which is on the high side. To try and push that last 1-2 eggs, I started 150 gonal-F halfway through the cycle.
Conventional IVF - 8,900 (1st time), 7,100 (2nd time). Mild IVF (clomid) - 5700 (3-6 eggs), 6900 (7+ eggs). FET cycle - 3200.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
An IVF cycle [at Neway Medical] with monitoring, retrieval and fresh transfer costs $8900 as of February 2016. An FET costs $3200....The clinic is small, with a lot of patients. Monitoring can take up time so be prepared. If using the subway to get there, be prepared to walk some. Better use a car for egg retrievals and transfers. Sometimes you will not see your doctor but the other doctor in the practice. This was a bit disconcerting at times but I suppose unavoidable.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The clinic is small, with a lot of patients. Monitoring can take up time so be prepared. If using the subway to get there, be prepared to walk some. Better use a car for egg retreivals and transfers. Sometimes you will not see your doctor but the other doctor in the practice. This was a bit disconcerting at times but I suppose unavoidable.
Dr.Nejat was kind, caring, and very attentive. He listened to my concerns and questions and always addressed them. Even when we disagreed, I always felt respected. He is a wonderful doctor and human being.
They were great. Punctual with instructions and lab results. Young and cheerful.
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Neway Medical?
Dr. Nejat is a brilliant and caring doctor. Being a naturally skeptical person, I always had a lot of doubts about his recommendations but he was proven right every single time. Over time this built trust and respect. I will absolutely go to him for a second child!
Ask questions. Email him, he always responds. He can tend to forget your particular details since he has so many patients so remind him.
He suggested for us 3 IUIs followed by IVF. He was confident that we would be pregnant with IUI but we needed IVF. He used an antagonist protocol with us since I have an above average AMH, but no PCOS. It turned out to be perfect since we got a healthy retreival of 16 eggs and 8 blastocysts, which for my age of 35 is pretty decent. We transferred two and are 3 months pregnant with a singleton.
An IVF cycle with monitoring, retreival and fresh transfer costs $8900 as of February 2016. An FET costs $3200.

6 Eggs Frozen
1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
RE was ill prepared to handle my case which, at the time, was very straightforward! I would not recommend him to friends. Beware of the billing department[at Neway Medical] ---they mismanaged my funds and were not very friendly or accessible...The nursing staff was generally kind and supportive throughout the process...6000 dollars for cycle through eggbanx and another 4000 for medication not covered by my insurance
6 Eggs Frozen
1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
RE was ill prepared to handle my case which, at the time, was very straightforward! I would not recommend him to friends. Beware of the billing department---they mismanaged my funds and were not very friendly or accessible.
Dr. Nejat was very compassionate and attentive. He sat down with me for over an hour and proceeded to answer, in detail, all of the questions I had about the egg freezing process. I really appreciated his genuine interest in my care.
The nursing staff was generally kind and supportive throughout the process.
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Neway Medical?
Although I thought Dr. Nejat was a truly caring and lovely individual, I would not recommend him as an RE. At the time of the retrieval, my AMH was very high for my age. Dr. Nejat assured me that I would retrieve many eggs as there were greater than 25 follicles on my first ultrasound. However, he only retrieved 13 eggs and out of 13, only 6 were mature! Dr. Nejat admitted he was shocked at my poor results. In retrospect, I believe he should have placed me on higher doses of medications in order to stimulate growth of the many smaller follicles.
I chose this doctor because I was given a discounted rate through eggbanx. However, if I were to freeze again I would see a higher rated RE at a top facility such as NYU or RMA NJ.
Antagonist protocol. 225 gonal F and 75 menopur. Ganirelix on day 4 onward.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Neway Medical.
Monitoring apts were well orchestrated by Dr. Nejat and nursing.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Immunological
[Neway Medical's] strengths- smaller practice, more personal feel, innovative care. Weaknesses- longer wait times for monitoring, less doctors on staff. Not allowed to go up to the clinic before 7am monitoring starts, you are forced to wait in the lobby in the elevator bank, and then people don't necessarily get seen on a first come first serve basis (some people will budge ahead of people waiting longer when getting off the elevator to be at the reception first). Harder to reach outside of office hours.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Immunological
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Strengths- smaller practice, more personal feel, innovative care. Weaknesses- longer wait times for monitoring, less doctors on staff. Not allowed to go up to the clinic before 7am monitoring starts, you are forced to wait in the lobby in the elevator bank, and then people don't necessarily get seen on a first come first serve basis (some people will budge ahead of people waiting longer when getting off the elevator to be at the reception first). Harder to reach outside of office hours.
She was very friendly and sat down to speak with me at all of my monitoring sessions and really explain what was going on and answer questions. She always asked how I was feeling, and tried to keep the overall tone lighter and happy.
the nurses are all friendly, younger girls that were always very pleasant to deal with. I got familiar with some of the nurses, but I also noticed that there seemed to be a high amount of turnover and frequent new faces. I am not totally sure, but I got the impression that there may have been a few nurses on staff but that there was a good amount of medical assistants instead of nurses. That is speculation though, and all the staff was excellent regardless of their certification
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
I felt very well taken care of by Dr. Luk. She was always calm and optimistic, even when I experienced set backs. I felt comfortable with her, and felt like she knew who I was even though she sees many patients every single day.
I imagine her bedside manner is not for everyone, although it was great for me. I felt comfortable in a personal interactions although I could see some people finding the treatment to be too informal.
I have DOR, and she put me on almost the opposite protocol from the clinic I had been at prior. I was skeptical at first but I got results every cycle. Based on what was happening in the cycles and how I responded to the drugs she adjusted the types of medications I was taking. After several chemical pregnancies I was ready to move on to IVF. Other clinics wouldn't do IVF for me due to the fact I only get 1-2 eggs per month, but she said she would collect those eggs over several cycles. I ended up not needing to go forward with that as she had me do one last IUI.She had suspected I had built up an immune response to pregnancy that was resulting in the chemical pregnancies I kept experiencing. She put me on prednisone in addition to progesterone, and I got pregnant that cycle.
Insurance covered some of the monitoring, but not the IUI or medications. It came to about 900$/month
Neway Medical

It [Neway Medical] was such a warm place - not too big, not too much information on the walls etc. Everyone from the front desk to the doctors was warm and friendly. My huge recommend is share the stories of success. I want to see babies on those walls :)... The whole team was beyond lovely. Jenifer let me email and call her any time (including weekends). They went above and beyond!... He [Dr. Zimmermann] really took the time to meet and talk us through the whole process and especially during the ups and downs. The nurses were outstanding!
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
It was such a warm place - not too big, not too much information on the walls etc. Everyone from the front desk to the doctors was warm and friendly. My huge recommend is share the stories of success. I want to see babies on those walls :)
He really took the time to meet and talk us through the whole process and especially during the ups and downs. The nurses were outstanding!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Jenifer )
How was your experience with Ralf Zimmermann at Neway Medical?
He is very thoughtful in his approach. Comes across as both authoritative and caring. He provided a lot of additional information on fertility that was helpful. With each round he talked us through what happened, why it happened (when possible) and what changes could be made each time.
Ask for a full timeline of the process. I think when you live this every day you may assume that the patient knows ... I did not!
This is a tough one ... I know we used an antagonist though I cannot remember too many details. I also know this changed each round - both the dose and I think even the drug.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Neway Medical.
It was well organized. I knew when I could go in and there was rarely a wait.
I have to admit, I don't remember but they sat down with us and gave us all of the information upfront!
Describe Ralf Zimmermann's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Neway Medical.
He has a strong preference for single and explained the consequences associated with multiple births.
Neway Medical

It [Neway Medical] is clean, modern, nicely decorated, it conveniently has multiple bathrooms on each floor, comfortable waiting area. It is pleasant to be there. We have very little to no wait time. When we arrive early, they admit us without waiting for our set appointment time. The entire team is friendly and helpful...I love how they [nurses] treat me. They are great communicators, organized, the entire nursing staff shows compassion and professionalism. It is a pleasure to deal with them.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
It is clean, modern, nicely decorated, it conveniently has multiple bathrooms on each floor, comfortable waiting area. It is pleasant to be there. We have very little to no wait time. When we arrive early, they admit us without waiting for our set appointment time. The entire team is friendly and helpful.
Dr. Kort is an incredibly calm and confident specialist. His knowledge, confidence, kindness, and pleasant manners made us feel safe that we can trust him to lead us through a very important stage of our lives.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Jenifer Chin and Ketevan Beltadze)
I love how they treat me. They are great communicators, organized, the entire nursing staff shows compassion and professionalism. It is a pleasure to deal with them.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
We love absolutely everything about Doctor Kort and will recommend him to our best friends without the slightest hesitation. Dr. Kort presents information in a delicate manner, he has a "warm" bedside manner. As a patient, it is important for me to understand every detail of my treatment. We left each appointment with a clear understanding of what to expect next. His confidence, calm manner, and knowledge made us feel confident in what we are doing. We trust him100%. We highly recommend him and we continue seeing him. Dr. Kort is brilliant. We are lucky we found him.
You will have no worries or fears how and what to do. Dr. Kort will diligently guide you through each step of treatment.
Every step of my treatment was professionally administered. I have no complaints.
Acceptable.
No comments. We follow the doctor's directions.
Neway Medical

At 39 years old and after several years trying to conceive naturally, my husband and I decided to get help with a fertility clinic [Neway Medical]...Immediately I felt confident that we made the right choice as the whole staff: nurses, doctors (Dr Zimmermann and Dr Kort), assistants… was extremely professional and nice. After several exams, Dr Zimmermann suggested to try an IUI (intrauterine insemination). The procedure went very well and after a first try I got pregnant with twins! I am now 15 weeks pregnant, extremely happy with 2 healthy babies. I really wanted to share my experience online with this clinic as the service was simply perfect. I highly recommend this clinic to any woman who is looking for help to conceive. 39 years old – French
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
At 39 years old and after several years trying to conceive naturally, my husband and I decided to get help with a fertility clinic. Based on a friend’s recommendations, we went to Neway fertility clinic (123 W. 79th St, New York, NY 10024). Immediately I felt confident that we made the right choice as the whole staff: nurses, doctors (Dr Zimmermann and Dr Kort), assistants… was extremely professional and nice. After several exams, Dr Zimmermann suggested to try an IUI (intrauterine insemination). The procedure went very well and after a first try I got pregnant with twins! I am now 15 weeks pregnant, extremely happy with 2 healthy babies. I really wanted to share my experience online with this clinic as the service was simply perfect. I highly recommend this clinic to any woman who is looking for help to conceive. 39 years old – French
At the clinic the whole staff: nurses, doctors (Dr Zimmermann and Dr Kort), assistants… was extremely professional and nice.
The nursing staff was amazing: professional, human, friendly...
How was your experience with Ralf Zimmermann at Neway Medical?
Dr Zimmermann was extremely patient with me and all my questions. He seemed to be very concerned about my exams and my wish to get pregnant. He explained to us the procedure in detail and took all necessary exams prior the IUI
Neway Medical
Recent high turnover caused some communication lapses...While some nurses have done very well with email follow-up, recent high turnover in Neway (including our patient coordinator) caused some communication/continuity problems...[Dr. Luk is] Highly capable and intelligent, very relational, detail-oriented, great sense of humor, goes to lengths to explain things and make sure we understand, good listener and good communicator, feel very taken care of, generally very enthusiastic but emotionally sensitive as needed, fights for us when the need arises, get the sense she is working hard for us behind the scenes.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Recent high turnover caused some communication lapses.
Takes an above and beyond personal interest in us, at least once called by personal cell phone number, has verbally (and otherwise) expressed that she really likes us and really wants to help us (and I believe those were not just words she says to all of her patients).
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
No constructive criticisms - she has been amazing for us. She is already working on the one big change/move that should make her services even more outstanding, which is leaving her current situation. We will definitely look her up to find her when she moves.
Genetic probe and PGD testing to be able to navigate genetic abnormality. IVF cycle with ICSI, egg retrieval resulted in 8 eggs retrieved, 3 embryos created, 1 viable for transfer. In progress.
Had to pay out of pocket, but Dr. Luk did her best to see how she could help us out.
Neway Medical

The [Neway Medical] clinic is pretty disorganized and they forget to tell patients all the steps to expect. You have to stay on top of them about things that need to happen. It's better if you have contact with the doctor; you can request to do so...They didn't always test my thyroid, although I asked them to. They didn't always tell me what to expect next. However, they're much better than the other clinic I used... very friendly and interested in my welfare...
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The clinic is pretty disorganized and they forget to tell patients all the steps to expect. You have to stay on top of them about things that need to happen. It's better if you have contact with the doctor; you can request to do so.
She was no nonsense, and told me things in a straightforward way but with empathy and tact.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Marlene Garcia)
I didn't have a lot of in person contact with her, she was only assigned when the clinic made a mistake, and the nursing staff seemed pretty disorganized. I'd have to remind them to do tests that I needed.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
She was effective and understanding, with a low medication intervention approach. I got pregnant with her at the age of 41 with just 3 IUIs. When the clinic made a mistake, she took responsibility and steps to make sure it didn't happen again.
Make sure to ask to see her if you feel more comfortable, ask staff to explain all the steps to you, and what's next, and make sure you're on top of what you need done, because they can miss some details.
One natural IUI, then 2 cycles with chlomid. The 3rd IUI resulted in pregnancy. I wanted to try as little medication and intervention as possible. Used donor sperm.
It was covered by my insurance. I did have to pay for an out of network anesthesiologist for a hysteroscopy.
Neway Medical

Most of my costs [at Neway Medical] were covered my insurance, which is why I went there, but the billing department would often not update my chart and I had to advocate for myself often to get my coverage...Disorganized in the early morning crazy monitoring slots. Not knowledgable. Sometimes weak English.very disorganized practice...They did not even call with results that we found out after we left the practice.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Strength: nice facilities Weaknesses: inappropriate care, disorganization, slow, not communicative
very disorganized practice. They did not even call with results that we found out after we left the practice. I was overmedicated several times and had to cancel cycles. Inappropriate medications used.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
Consider otherwise. I wasted a lot of time and insurance benefits, had a very aggravating and depressing experience, and was only able to get the proper care to get me pregnant when I left. I went there because they were in my insurance and left to an out of network provider- best move I ever made. I would still be pumping my body full of hormones (inappropriate for my diagnosis and often overstimulated) and having gotten nowhere.
clomid, then letrazole, then injectables (gonal f)
Most of my costs were covered my insurance, which is why I went there, but the billing department would often not update my chart and I had to advocate for myself often to get my coverage.
none. I left before getting to ivf there.
Neway Medical

Strengths: Saw Doctor often Weaknesses: Unorganized and incompetent staff made for a dreadful experience and poor results overall. Overall, I would strongly advise against going to neway. I feel that I wasted my insurance money on procedures and medication that would have been better spent with more advanced clinics. Nurses were meant to email protocols by end of day, many times I had to call to remind them. Many times they gave the wrong protocol and I had to confirm with the doctor. Instructions were often incorrect and delayed and medications and procedures were often ordered incorrectly. Truly abysmal.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
I liked Dr Luk personally, but NeWay is understaffed. Dr Luk's only method is mini IVF. There were countless mistakes made by her staff, and terrible communication. I felt my 3 cycles with Neway wasted my time and money.
With so many other options in NYC, I would strongly recommend attending another, more progressive and organized, clinic. I truly believe I wasted money and time with Neway and would hate to see others do the same.
First IUI: Supposed to take clomid for 5 days but nobody told me how long to take it and I wound up taking it for 10 days which caused health problems. This was on account of poor nursing staff. IVF 1 & 2: Mini IVF - clomid to start then low dose menopure and follistim.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Neway Medical.
In general, monitoring was relatively quick. Usually max wait was 15 minutes.
estimated, $12k per cycle
She had no preference.
Neway Medical

All of the nurses [at Neway Medical] are so sweet and made me feel welcome every time I was there (which was multiple times per week)...In my mind I was afraid of what this clinic would look and feel like, but what I never expected was a spa feel. The environment doesn't look like a doctors office it was very zen and comfortable. I never felt like a patient...I had a couple of issues with scheduling, saying I only needed blood when I needed blood and an ultra sound, or vice versa, or they thought I was at a different point in my cycle than I actually was.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Dr. Kort always made me feel like a human, he was compassionate and caring every step of the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Beata)
All of the nurses are so sweet and made me feel welcome every time I was there (which was multiple times per week)
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Dr.Kort has a very calm demeanor and is very reassuring. He never made me feel like a patient or that something was wrong with me. There were plenty of options that he explained and offered his opinion but was also never pushy. Everything was on my terms.
He is very thorough but I would always ask questions as things in your body can change on a daily basis.
Dr. Kort my husband and I discussed IUI as a potential option for us. I was reluctant to take any type of medication but he walked me thru what I would be taking and what it would do. He didn't push anything upon us which I really liked, he helped to guide us but left everything on our terms.
The only costs were copays for ultra sounds and the pharmacy needs.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Other
When I showed up [at Neway Medical] for an embryo transfer, the staff wasn't expecting me, even though it was the correct day and the day my doctor had said to come. It turned out that the administrative or nursing staff had written down the wrong week for my transfer. I ended up having to wait three-plus hours while the lab obtained and thawed the embyros and the staff got ready. The doctors and nurses apologized profusely, and I believe them when they said this was highly unusual. But it still was nerve-wracking and not the reception you want to get when you show up for such an important procedure, one in which hormone/medication timing is so crucial.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Dr. Nejat has a wonderful bedside manner. He's kind and funny and listens carefully to my medical history and has patiently discussed all my questions. I felt like he has involved me in the process of choosing treatment plans. Also, I already have one child, and I sometimes feel a little uncertain about bringing her to a fertility clinic. But he has a natural way with kids and jokes with her and keeps her entertained, so when I do have to bring her to appointments it's a great experience all around.
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Neway Medical?
I think that in addition to having excellent bedside manner and being caring and supportive, he's a skilled and talented doctor. He has an optimistic attitude toward the fertility process, and I trust that he knows how to navigate his way through my fairly complex medical case and find an appropriate course. When I did get pregnant with a previous IVF cycle, he was genuinely thrilled at the success; unfortunately after two months it turned out that the pregnancy was not viable and we had to let it miscarry, and I found him to be sensitive and supportive through that experience as well.
Neway Medical

[Nursing at Neway Medical is] Excellent---one nurse spent 2 hours with us reviewing how to do the injections. They are very responsive via email and always answer your questions...It is a lovely atmosphere...it feels patient centered and the space is beautiful. They do not seem too busy or crowded which is reassuring. It's great to have only 2 doctors so you can know them both and be more comfortable. The lab seems well run and very clean.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Dr. Luk makes you feel like you are working as a team all together. She is very positive and encouraging. She gets to know you as a person not just as a body.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
She is great. We feel like we are in good hands. While this road is not without bumps it helps to much to have great communication and follow up.
Be sure to ask her lots of questions and to explain the pros/cons of possible treatments.
Mini IVF cycle-no need for traditional IVF since we have male factor and have already tried several IUIs. Now trying IUIs again before a possible second try at Mini IVF.
Reasonable with insurance co-pays.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
I mostly had short wait, when I got there early, but if I went later, the wait was longer [for monitoring at Neway Medical]...Very clean, structured, and knowledable in a scientific way. The place did have a coldness/ business like feel to it. If you are looking for more of a cozy warmth from the facility and not factory like, this wouldn’t be for you...They [nurses] were nice for the most part, a few did have attitudes, as well as their communication with the dr and then to me, wasn’t always clear
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
He was very caring, and took my feelings into account, and that it was a difficult time.
They were nice for the most part, a few did have attitudes, as well as their communication with the dr and then to me, wasn’t always clear
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Neway Medical?
He was a very nice, knowledable dr. Who took pride in helping women with their infertility. I do wish how he explained some things about infertility were clearer/broken down in terms that weren’t so complicated. And I do wish that when I could no longer afford and when it was clear that egg retrieval’s probably wouldn’t work for me that he offered other options that could still work/help prep my body, and not just go with adoption/egg donor.
Make sure you do your own research as well
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Neway Medical.
I would go in everyone during their scheduled time, I mostly had short wait, when I got there early, but if I went later, the wait was longer.
Egg retrieval was not covered, my blood /sonogram tests were.
Neway Medical

The nurses especially were very caring...Prompt call-backs about test results as promised. Nice bed-side manner.The [Neway Medical] clinic is quite crowded though, and waits can be long.
Investment Banker
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jesse Hade at Neway Medical?
I did get very good individual care. The nurses especially were very caring. The clinic is quite crowded though, and waits can be long.
Very caring nurses. Prompt call-backs about test results as promised. Nice bed-side manner.
How was your experience with Jesse Hade at Neway Medical?
Pros: Very good doctor. Numbers-driven, he gives you the course of treatment based on statistical outcomes from similar cases, which made me very comfortable. He discussed probabilities of success from different options openly. Cons: after the first unsuccessful IUI (because I didn't respond to Clomid), he recommended IVF right away. I had to ask whether other options are available, and he agreed to try IUI again with injectables. This resulted in a baby girl! :) I am happy that I was able to avoid IVF but I feel that perhaps he could have been more open about other non-IVF options without being asked.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jesse Hade at Neway Medical?
1. Make sure the clinic is convenient for you. You will be going there A LOT, almost every other day in the morning for as many months as your treatment lasts. He has early morning hours starting at 7. 2. Push him to discuss non-IVF options with you.
Jesse Hade
Neway Medical

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jesse Hade at Neway Medical.

Modern, new, clean and comfortable facilities [Neway Medical] with a boutique feel. It’s quiet and private. Everything is organized and on the cutting edge of technology. The personnel is of the highest caliber. From start to finish I thoroughly enjoyed working with Neway.... They were professional but also warm and approachable.... I can’t say enough about Dr Kort. He was so reassuring, kind and communicative. He knows how to tailor treatment to each individual and is always on top of the details!
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Modern, new, clean and comfortable facilities with a boutique feel. It’s quiet and private. Everything is organized and on the cutting edge of technology. The personnel is of the highest caliber. From start to finish I thoroughly enjoyed working with Neway.
He’s kind, empathetic, genuine and professional. He remembered every detail of our particular case and was aware of what we required based on our personalities. He knew exactly how to explain things and communicate!
Like a bunch of your really good caring friends. They were professional but also warm and approachable.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
I can’t say enough about Dr Kort. He was so reassuring, kind and communicative. He knows how to tailor treatment to each individual and is always on top of the details! I always felt completely comfortable with him.
Trust him - he’s great at what he does!
Neway Medical

The nurses at Neway are lovely, warm, outgoing, and friendly. They treated me with great care and kindness...I thought Neway was great. Scheduling appointments was always easy, and I never had to wait to see my doctor. Neway is also open very early, from 7:30 am, which really helps someone with a busy work schedule manage appointments while not being away from the office too often. Everyone at Neway was a complete professional, and really a very nice group of people as well.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Dr. Kort treated me with a lot of warmth, respect, and kindness. He patiently answered the many questions I had and was always a reassuring presence.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
We had a great experience with Dr. Kort. He was very thoughtful in answering our questions and helping us understand what to expect during our treatment process. He was patient and kind throughout, as well.
I prefer not to disclose the specifics of my own treatment strategies and protocols.
Insurance covered the majority of our costs.
Endometriosis, PCOS
I love that they [Neway Medical] open early to accommodate those who work during the day. There will always be a person picking up the phone when you call in. It would be great if they can keep the center opened late to accommodate those who cannot make it in before work...We get one-on-one time with our nurses. Every patient was assigned to a nurse that will help you throughout the process. They're very supportive throughout the treatments.
Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
I love that they open early to accommodate those who work during the day. There will always be a person picking up the phone when you call in. It would be great if they can keep the center opened late to accommodate those who cannot make it in before work.
Dr. Zimmermann took his time to speak with me. He did not push me to make any quick decisions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical.
How was your experience with Ralf Zimmermann at Neway Medical?
Dr. Zimmermann is the best. He is a very smart man and treatment me with the utmost respect. He would call back immediately when he was not able to answer my calls. He's always available through emails.
Be proactive and ask questions.
Neway Medical
[Neway Medical is an] Excellent clinic. I highly recommend this clinic to anyone looking for a fertility clinic. Compassionate and caring doctors and staff. Everyone is very accessible and willing to go the extra mile. Very clean. Minimal wait...Dr. Kort is a kind, caring, and brilliant doctor. I highly recommend him for anyone dealing with fertility issues. He took the time to answer my questions and explain thoroughly all the options so I could make the best decisions possible. He truly goes above and beyond.
European, East Asian
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Dr. Kort is a very compassionate and caring doctor. He was very approachable and always took the time to explain everything to me and answer all my questions.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
If you are dealing with infertility, make an appointment with Dr. Kort. He will help you understand your options and formulate a treatment plan.
I pursued IVF with Dr. Kort as IVF had the highest success rates and I wanted to have a baby as quickly as possible.
very reasonable
Single Embryo Transfer with genetic testing was recommended as it results in the highest chance of a successful/ healthy pregnancy.
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Very kind and caring...[Neway Medical was] Very clean, pretty and comfortable...They saw you even when you were late in arriving for the specific monitoring window. They also always had a smile when you were late...Dr Luk is compassionate and very smart. She is very knowledgable in her field. I have never left her office with questions unanswered. She always has a smile on her face which is nice to see at a place like a fertility clinic. I have recommended Dr Luk to many friends and acquaintances.
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Very clean, pretty and comfortable.
I felt like a human because that is how she treated me. She called me from home on the weekends. When I had an emergency situation I called her at 2am and she returned my call. She knew my case top to bottom.
Very kind and caring.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
She will try everything in her power to get you pregnant.
Two different drug protocols were used. The first wasn't the right for me but the second one was perfect. I was also placed on baby Aspirin and Estrace daily for the second time.

4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
We spent about $10k for a cycle of mild ivf and will be spending an additional $4k for a frozen transfer...The space is nice and the location is good. It was nice being close to Central Park for visits after the clinic...She [Dr. Janelle Luk] is very knowledgeable and has good bedside manner. I like that she chooses the most natural route possible. She seemed to know the details of my case which I appreciate. She is warm, but direct and allows you to make the final decisions with treatment after informing you of the options.
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Her bedside manner was very good and all of the nurses were warm and helpful.Dr. Luk also remembered the details of my case.
Very warm and helpful. I felt like the clinic was very well staffed
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
She is very knowledgeable and has good bedside manner. I like that she chooses the most natural route possible. She seemed to know the details of my case which I appreciate. She is warm, but direct and allows you to make the final decisions with treatment after informing you of the options.
Ask lots of questions
We did mild stimulation for IVF egg retrieval. I have low amh, so a milder protocol was chosen to focus on egg quality instead of quantity.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Other
I showed up on the day of my embryo transfer [at Neway Medical] and found that the staff didn't know I was coming, despite it being the correct day in the cycle and the day the doctor had told me to come. It turned out that administrative or nursing staff had put down the wrong week for my embryo transfer. I ended up waiting three-plus hours while the lab retrieved and thawed the embryos and the medical staff got ready. They apologized profusely, and I believe them when they said this was highly unusual. But it was still nerve-wracking, and not the reception you want when you show up for a procedure that important, where hormone/medication timing is so important.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Dr. Luk is the partner of Dr. Nejat, my primary fertility doctor at Neway. I consulted with her first when I started with the practice, but I found that she didn't listen to my medical history or read my file carfully before saying what treatment plan she wanted; she just has firm ideas about going with minimal stimulation and mini-IVF, which wouldn't have been appropriate given my age and history. I chose Dr. Nejat instead and he is wonderful and skilled, but I have occasionally had to see Dr. Luk if he's away. I just get the general sense that she isn't paying close enough attention to me as a patient and I worry that she's not aware of my medical conditions and history when she's treating me.
What specific things went wrong at Neway Medical?
I would advise the patient not to see Dr. Luk at all, but to go with her partner, Dr. Nejat.
Neway Medical

Her [Dr. Luk's] office is short of doctors, so do not expect to see her all the time and be ready to wait at least 20 minutes for your round.
Dr. Janelle explained to me and my husband how PCOS contributes to a difficult pregnancy. As I received the treatment more months in her office, I did not really see her around anymore. Either she was busy with other patients or she was dealing with her pregnancy (she was pregnant and working hard everyday).
caring, bilingual, efficient. Always reply to my emails fast.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
She is knowledgable and experienced. She is open to talk and she talks fast. She adjusted my prescription from Clomids to Letrozol when I showed no sign of responding. She did not force me to perform IUI, but I had once with her colleague and failed.
Her office is short of doctors, so do not expect to see her all the time and be ready to wait at least 20 minutes for your round.
Letrozol+HCG shot+IUI/Natural try Blood draw EVERY TIME!
Neway Medical

The clinic [Neway Medical] is very professional and clean. Staff if kind and caring. The men's sample collection room could use some work, it was like a teen boys room. The rooms were comfortable and very private....[nurse] Kaylee was fantastic. She was always available if I called, anything I was not able to ask the doctor (due to embarrassment) I asked her. She is what all nurses need to strive to be...
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The clinic is very professional and clean. Staff if kind and caring. The men's sample collection room could use some work, it was like a teen boys room. The rooms were comfortable and very private. Added words to make two hundred characters.
He took the time for all my questions. I never felt like he was in a hurry to move on to the next person. When it was my time, I felt like his only pt.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical.
How was your experience with Jesse Hade at Neway Medical?
Jesse Hade was wonderful. He was caring and patient. I am not the easiest to deal with, I ask a ton of questions, and he took the time to answer every one of them. He walked me through every step of the IVF. He knows his trade.
Ask questions. He covers almost everything, but if he does not, ask! You will never know if you don't!
Describe the protocols Jesse Hade used in your cycles at Neway Medical and their degree of success.
Too long ago to remember
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jesse Hade at Neway Medical.
Unknown
Describe Jesse Hade's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Neway Medical.
N/A Did not get this far.
Jesse Hade
Neway Medical

$15,000 per cycle plus extras [at Neway Medical]...they do natural cycles at this clinic...Very beautiful. Front desk staff lovely. Onsite operating rooms. Seemed upscale. Doctor could have been stronger in personality and provide clearer information. We were not getting ‘sold’ though which was good...I only did a saline ultrasound and bloodwork with this doctor...We knew our chances were low being an older couple, but this was glossed over a bit when we tried to get right into the details. We learnt about PgS testing from this doctor. Even after several meetings though it was hard to really see a clear course
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Dr Kort was very mild mannered and soft spoken.
Very sweet and provided all information I needed
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Very nice doctor. We knew our chances were low being an older couple, but this was glossed over a bit when we tried to get right into the details. We learnt about PgS testing from this doctor. Even after several meetings though it was hard to really see a clear course
Know your research before you go in
I only did a saline ultrasound and bloodwork with this doctor
$15,000 per cycle plus extras
We did not get this far, but they do natural cycles at this clinic
Neway Medical

They [Neway Medical] open early to accommodate for the early monitoring sessions. The entire clinic was clean and relaxing. Be sure to have all your paperwork done prior to your first visit so you can get the most out of the appointment...Storage, medicine, procedure cost. Everything was up front so there are no surprise fees...He's [Dr. Kort] very kind and compassionate. He took the time to explain the entire treatment.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
They open early to accommodate for the early monitoring sessions. The entire clinic was clean and relaxing. Be sure to have all your paperwork done prior to your first visit so you can get the most out of the appointment.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
He's very kind and compassionate. He took the time to explain the entire treatment. He was easily accessible via email or phone. He was willing to answer all my questions and concerns. He also reassured me that everything is alright.
Always ask questions.
Neway Medical

Welcoming atmosphere, reasonable waiting times and great work hours: They’re open early AM and on Saturdays ... Neway fertility nursing staff is anything you can wish for. Welcoming, helpful, compassionate professionals. ... Dr. Kort and his staff are great - I never felt neglected, all my questions where promptly answered in person, phone or email. ... The ones [bills] I received so far, seem average market cost for particular type of procedures.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Welcoming atmosphere, reasonable waiting times and great work hours: They’re open early AM and on Saturdays............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Let’s face it – this whole experience can be very stressful, confusing and overwhelming. Dr. Kort and his staff are great - I never felt neglected, all my questions where promptly answered in person, phone or email. Throughout the entire course I felt welcomed and safe. The course went exactly as it was discussed in the very first consultation: we all – DR. Kort, my husband and myself agreed on a plan and proceeded accordingly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: no, but Jenifer is great. )
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Dr. Kort was professional, knowledgeable and reachable (via phone / email) every time I had questions from day one, throughout the course. I appreciate that Dr. Kort presents facts, statistics and options w/o imposing anything, explaining the risks, possible outcome and his suggestions, letting patient (me) breathe, and decide for myself. He never created an “urgency” to do one or other procedure.
Ask questions. Dr. Kort will speak as much you will want him to speak.
I was lucky to have only one IUI procedure that resulted in pregnancy
Haven’t received all yet. Most is still being processed and reviewed by my insurance company . The ones I received so far, seem average market cost for particular type of procedures.
Neway Medical
The clinic [Neway Medical] itself is well-run, organized, everyone is nice, it has a warm atmosphere, and is clean and bright. My appointments were always confirmed in writing, with no surprises or sudden plan changes without hearing from an actual physician. Everyone was very nice and accommodating -- even when I showed up with a rambunctious 2 year old...Dr. Kort spent as much time as needed discussing options for my particular situation, reviewing my anatomy with me, considering medical, personal, financial factors, considering my personal values and preferences.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The clinic itself is well-run, organized, everyone is nice, it has a warm atmosphere, and is clean and bright. My appointments were always confirmed in writing, with no surprises or sudden plan changes without hearing from an actual physician. Everyone was very nice and accommodating -- even when I showed up with a rambunctious 2 year old.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Dr. Kort has been thorough, available, communicative, thoughtful, and approachable. Even though my procreative journey is still ongoing, having seen several other physicians I have been very happy to have found him to guide me through this process. I feel in extremely good hands, and he communicates all of the medical information I need, which is very important to me.
My insurance is great so this was not a major issue for me.