123 W. 79th St
212-750-3330

2017 - 2019, Successful
Ask as many questions as you need to. Dr. Luk will take the time to answer them. You can also email her...my husband and I had several in depth meetings with Dr. Luk to discuss the next course of treatment and/or weigh options...Due to poor results from the last two cycles Dr. Luk decided to change direction and try a lupron micro-flare going for quality over quantity; 12 eggs retrieved, 3 made it to freeze; 2/3 were PGS normal...transferred two PGS normal embryos again with an immune protocol; now 20 weeks pregnant with one
Dr. Luk and Dr. Nejat [at Neway Medical] both suggested transferring two embryos after I experienced two chemical pregnancies with PGS tested embryos. They did not take this decision lightly and thoroughly reviewed all the risks with me. In the end I am grateful that they were open to this possibility as I became pregnant with a singleton from this transfer...Despite how busy the clinic is, ultimately it's much smaller than most other clinics, so you will see the same doctor(s), nurses, and front desk staff over and over. It's nice to see familiar faces, and I never felt as though I was treated like a number.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
Dr. Luk is very high energy and extremely intelligent. As others have said, she will speak quickly, and you need to be prepared to slow down and ask questions as needed. I have the impression that she is so passionate about her work and so knowledgeable that her mind is going a million miles an minute. However, she is brilliant at what she does and specifically in designing a protocol and adjusting protocols according to each patient's needs. I also found her demeanor to be super friendly and positive.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
Ask as many questions as you need to. Dr. Luk will take the time to answer them. You can also email her and/or the nursing staff with questions; if it's a question best answered by Dr. Luk she will respond. Lastly, my husband and I had several in depth meetings with Dr. Luk to discuss the next course of treatment and/or weigh options. Ask for what you need.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
Although Generation Next got busier and busier throughout the time I was treated by Dr. Luk, I always felt warmly greeted by the front desk, nurses, and Drs. Luk and Nejat.
Describe the protocols Janelle Luk used in your cycles at Neway Medical and their degree of success.
Cycle 1: Antagonist Protocol; 17 eggs retrieved, 0 made it to blast. Moderate OHSS following this cycle. Cycle 2: Antagonist Protocol was done with lower doses of stims following the results of my first cycle as Dr. Luk wanted to avoid poor egg quality caused by stims and also avoid OHSS. 12 eggs retrieved, 2 made it to blast. Fresh 5 day transfer of 2 embryos, negative pregnancy test Cycle 3 (freeze all): Due to poor results from the last two cycles Dr. Luk decided to change direction and try a lupron micro-flare going for quality over quantity; 12 eggs retrieved, 3 made it to freeze; 2/3 were PGS normal. I planned to freeze all this cycle to bank embryos and do another retrieval after. Cycle 4 (freeze all): repeat of the same Lupron Micro-Flare protocol; 9 retrieved, 4 made it to freeze, 4 were PGS normal. FET 1: eSET of one PGS tested normal embryo; chemical pregnancy FET 2: eSET of one PGS tested normal embryo with an immune protocol; chemical pregnancy FET 3: transferred two PGS normal embryos again with an immune protocol; now 20 weeks pregnant with one
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Neway Medical.
The nursing staff here is fantastic. They are warm, friendly, and organized. The best part about them is that they are readily available via email to a general email, and nearly always call or email back right away.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The best part of this clinic is that they are very technology savvy. All results are posted to a portal accessible via an iPhone app; you have email addresses for your doctor(s), the nursing staff, and the reception. Communication is easy and fast. This was the primary reason I switched to this clinic, and it made treatment much less stressful as I didn't have to worry about missing a phone call and not being able to speak to a nurse about a question I had. Generation Next got busier and busier during the time I was treated here. That did mean that wait times increased, however I found that if I was able to go in at the tail end of monitoring hours (10:30 am) when most others are not available to go in, I was in and out within 20 minutes. The waiting area wasn't the most comfortable, however the facility itself was newly renovated and sparkling clean. They are now moving to a new floor where it will be more comfortable and they'll have more room. They also have coffee in the waiting room which is a nice touch. Despite how busy the clinic is, ultimately it's much smaller than most other clinics, so you will see the same doctor(s), nurses, and front desk staff over and over. It's nice to see familiar faces, and I never felt as though I was treated like a number.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Neway Medical.
At the end of my time here monitoring hours were from 7am until 10:30am. Around 7:30-8am the wait could get quite long, however the office always felt like a well-oiled machine getting patients in and out as quickly as they could. Going towards the end of monitoring hours meant that there were very few people waiting. I nearly always saw my doctor at the beginning of treatment, Towards the end they did need to add a few ultrasound technicians to help move monitoring along, however you could always speak to your doctor if needed or ask as many questions as needed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Janelle Luk at Neway Medical.
100% covered by insurance except PGS testing and anesthesiology.
Describe Janelle Luk's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Neway Medical.
Dr. Luk and Dr. Nejat both suggested transferring two embryos after I experienced two chemical pregnancies with PGS tested embryos. They did not take this decision lightly and thoroughly reviewed all the risks with me. In the end I am grateful that they were open to this possibility as I became pregnant with a singleton from this transfer.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr Kort is deeply knowledgeable and very empathetic...His approach is very hands-on in that one sees him at every ultrasound appointment and he performs the retrieval, transfer process etc himself. He is also extremely accessible and never rushes through an appointment, taking the time to answer all questions and ensuring one is super comfortable with the process and what's going on. He ensured to modify the treatment to best suit my needs to maximize success...
The doctor and nursing staff [at Neway Medical] were wonderful. The clinic is clean, well maintained and welcoming. The billing staff is challenging to get a hold of. If any of you r procedures involve anesthesia, be aware that the provider may not be covered by your insurance so ensure to check this...They [nurses] were patient with all the follow up questions I had and always ensured to get back to me on any inquiries I sent in via the portal. It was great to have them as an additional resource and I felt supported and cared for the whole time I was at Neway.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Dr Kort is deeply knowledgeable and very empathetic - which is a wonderful combination when going through something as challenging as fertility treatment. His approach is very hands-on in that one sees him at every ultrasound appointment and he performs the retrieval, transfer process etc himself. He is also extremely accessible and never rushes through an appointment, taking the time to answer all questions and ensuring one is super comfortable with the process and what's going on. He ensured to modify the treatment to best suit my needs to maximize success.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Fertility treatment is such a challenge - ask all the questions you have, no matter how trivial they seem!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Dr Kort was patient, kind, knowledgeable and very thorough. He portrayed a deep sense of personal investment in the success of my treatment.
Describe the protocols Daniel Kort used in your cycles at Neway Medical and their degree of success.
We had one (successful!) IVF cycle that included a mock transfer, ERA while we waited for the genetic testing results followed by a frozen transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Seon Joon Kim and Shameeka Toro)
Shameeka and Seon were absolutely wonderful! Super responsive, knowledgeable and compassionate. They were patient with all the follow up questions I had and always ensured to get back to me on any inquiries I sent in via the portal. It was great to have them as an additional resource and I felt supported and cared for the whole time I was at Neway.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The doctor and nursing staff were wonderful. The clinic is clean, well maintained and welcoming. The billing staff is challenging to get a hold of. If any of you r procedures involve anesthesia, be aware that the provider may not be covered by your insurance so ensure to check this.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Kort at Neway Medical.
$10-15k
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Neway Medical.
The front desk at the clinic was supposed to send my paperwork over to the OB/GYN following my getting pregnant. This did not happen despite a few follow ups. They also failed to inform me that the anesthesiologist had changed their insurance coverage, and that the anesthesia process was no longer covered by my particular provider (BCBS Empire).

2017 - 2020, Successful
[Dr. Kort] was very warm, caring and helpful. He explained things clearly, not talking down to me and not jargon filled either. I was always extremely well informed and an active participant in my decisions and treatment. Amazing bedside manner...He kept me very involved in the process and made sure decisions were mine, not those made by the clinic.
The [Neway Medical] portal as helpful. I always knew my treatment and what to expect. Egg retrieval and transfers went smoothly— I was treated with care throughout the process. Weakness: It took a couple of years to get my bill—that definitely needs to be ironed out...The staff was always warm and welcoming throughout my treatment...It was stressful for me to arrange [monitoring appointments] to be there so early, and they really helped me with that. I was always seen so quickly and on my way to work.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
I had such a wonderful experience with this doctor with my egg freezing at another practice. When I wanted to do IVF (with an new egg retrieval) as a single mother by choice, I found the clinic where he had moved and came for a consultation. I was so happy to continue working with Dr. Kort and very happy with my care and my results! Communication was excellent. I was always comfortable and at ease throughout the entire process. I had a healthy baby boy and have two more embryos (as well as my 14 frozen eggs from my post experience with him for egg freezing. I have referred several good friends to him, and one just completed her egg freezing with him.
Definitely ask any questions or share any concerns. Dr. Kort really cared and really listened. He kept me very involved in the process and made sure decisions were mine, not those made by the clinic.
He was very warm, caring and helpful. He explained things clearly, not talking down to me and not jargon filled either. I was always extremely well informed and an active participant in my decisions and treatment. Amazing bedside manner.
I was in the birth control so came off a few days before I wanted to start the medicines. I did Menopur, Gonal F, and later Cetrotide. My trigger was Lupron which I was so grateful for as I had horrible swelling after Ovidrel with the two cycles of egg freezing. for the transfer. I had 4 embryos created with donor sperm. 3 made it to day 5 and I froze them until I was ready (about 7 months later). I did estrogen for two weeks and then both pio shots every few days and progesterone suppositories. After a few weeks and the positive pregnancy test I had requested to do twice daily shots only as my progesterone and was very happy with that. I had an excellent and healthy pregnancy and am so grateful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Jenifer (but she is no longer there))
The staff was always warm and welcoming throughout my treatment. They seemed genuinely happy with my pregnancy and when I sent picture and visited with my son.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The portal as helpful. I always knew my treatment and what to expect. Egg retrieval and transfers went smoothly— I was treated with care throughout the process. Weakness: It took a couple of years to get my bill—that definitely needs to be ironed out.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Neway Medical.
They really worked with mg schedule. I am a teacher with an 8 am start time about an hour away. We made it work, and often were able to do things on Saturday (or Friday— my later start day). It was stressful for me to arrange to be there so early, and they really helped me with that. I was always seen so quickly and on my way to work.
I was 80% insured with my job. I got a bill for the retrieval two years later ($1,200). I have not been billed for my transfer yet.
Describe Daniel Kort's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Neway Medical.
I was given statistics of recommended embryos for my age (I think it was 1-2) and I asked for just 1.
Neway Medical

The thing I like most about Dr. Daniel Kort is that he is supremely confident in what he is doing and is able to transfer that confidence on to you...He was extremely skillful at both the egg retrieval and embryo insertion process. My ovarian position created a minor complication but he handled it pretty well. He was also very responsive and calming when I had a subchorionic hematoma and didn't want me to unnecessarily rush to ER. He was confident it would self-resolve, and it did...
Biggest strength [of Neway Medical] is it is not super crowded and is able to offer personalized attention and care. Location in NYC is extremely convenient, I did not find it difficult to travel from Jersey City, they were flexible with timings as much as possible. The weakness is in their billing team primarily because there is a lot of personnel churn and seem understaffed and not responsive enough.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
The thing I like most about Dr. Daniel Kort is that he is supremely confident in what he is doing and is able to transfer that confidence on to you, while not trying to downplay any chance of less than desired outcome. Every visit was smooth, he spent a lot of time answering questions and was extremely gentle at the bedside. He was extremely skillful at both the egg retrieval and embryo insertion process. My ovarian position created a minor complication but he handled it pretty well. He was also very responsive and calming when I had a subchorionic hematoma and didn't want me to unnecessarily rush to ER. He was confident it would self-resolve, and it did! The transfer process to my regular OB-Gyn was smooth and I am thrilled now that I'm able to care for my newborn daughter!
It makes sense to get all the regular treatment and tests done (both partners) with regular OB-Gyn before consulting a fertility physician (applies to anyone, not just Dr. Kort). Fertility treatment is an expensive and a draining process (very frequent visits and lots of processes), hence it's better to have a targeted objective. I understand not all insurance plans offer flexibility.
Dr. Daniel Kort was very objective and focused on the outcome we were together trying to achieve. He does not set any wrong or misleading expectations. While he relies on evidence as everyone should, he does not waste time trying to make a determination where not required. In my case, there was no apparent cause for infertility. He did not waste time trying to diagnose, rather supported going directly to the IVF process as my insurance also supported it.
Don't remember specifics. Mine was a direct IVF with a retrieval cycle (egg and partner sperm) post stimulation, freezing for genetic abnormality testing and then FET next cycle once the 'normal' embryos was ascertained. 6 eggs were retrieved, all fertilized successfully, 5 were good quality blastocysts, 3 of which had no chromosomal abnormalities.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
All the nurses in the Neway team are good. They thoroughly understand the protocols and are able to guide pretty well. They even offered free supervised administration of injections until my partner and I became confident enough to be able to do it ourselves.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Biggest strength is it is not super crowded and is able to offer personalized attention and care. Location in NYC is extremely convenient, I did not find it difficult to travel from Jersey City, they were flexible with timings as much as possible. The weakness is in their billing team primarily because there is a lot of personnel churn and seem understaffed and not responsive enough. I was lucky enough to be assisted by someone good but she left the practice towards the end. However, they are flexible to an extent
IVF (1 cycle) including single FET - $12-14K approx.
Dr. Kort was strongly against multiple embryo transfer in my case. I understand he would not recommend it unless absolutely warranted in an individual's case where benefits can outweigh the risks.
Neway Medical

I felt comfortable with homey Neway’s environment and loving atmosphere that clinic’s personnel makes you feel. All the nurses were lovely...All retrieval’s and diagnostic tests except PGT testing is done in the house. Neway has an amazing reproductive biologist Dr. Lee who actually deals with your eggs and is responsible for creating embryos. It seems like he is famous for his work.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Dr. Kort’s strength are: Compassionate and dedicated doctor that truly cares about your goals; Honest with what to expect; He is patient with explanations and I never felt rushed at my consultations; Gentle bedside manner; Respect patient’s ability to understand complex information. Goes into details unlike many other doctors. One of his strength is that you can see that he is truly on your team. In the middle of my third cycle, the ultrasound wasn’t showing as many eggs as I would like (less than in my last two cycles). He informed me about it and gave me a choice to stop this cycle and wait till the next, which meant more work for him but it would transfer the fee I paid for my last cycle toward the next in hopes of harvesting more eggs. I ended up going forward with finishing that cycle that I was half-way through with and received an unexpectedly great results creating 3 PGT-tested embryos. I was technically taking a risk of having an unproductive cycle but I just felt very positive that even with low egg count, it will all work out. What he did that was super helpful is that he presented all the information to me but listened to my intuition. Dr. Kort’s calm confident energy really helped me to get through some dark thoughts. I changed partner (life happens!) after the first IVF cycle and was nervous if I would still be taken seriously and treated the same way in the clinic but I was treated with complete professionalism and respect through this tough period of my life by Dr. Kort whose concerns were my well-being and my goal of having a family at the end of all that.
Ask a lot of questions
After visiting 5 different clinics and being assessed by 5 different doctors in the city, I found Dr. Kort’s approach and communication from the start the most fitting for me. It was respectful of my ability to understand some more complex information and never dismissive of any of my questions (and I had a lot of those!). Besides feeling that he truly cares about his patients, and legitimately knows what he is doing, I felt comfortable with homey Neway’s environment and loving atmosphere that clinic’s personnel makes you feel. All the nurses were lovely! Other clinics felt like “baby-factories” with dozens of patients sitting in the wait rooms or white futuristic spaceships with cold and distant staff. While being realistic about my prognoses, Dr. Kort gave me pretty clear understanding of my options and was honest regarding possible results. After finishing 3-cycle-IVF with him, I can now say that the results were very close to what he prepared me for (I understand that’s a very hard thing to predict). I felt like throughout my 7 months treatment with Dr. Kort, his calm but confident energy really helped me to get through some dark thoughts. I changed a partner (life happens!) after the first IVF cycle and was nervous if I would still be treated the same in the clinic but I was treated with complete professionalism and respect through this tough period of my life by Dr. Kort and the staff. They always tried to help me out with free medications knowing that I don’t have a health insurance that covers those and this is a huge financial undertaking for me.
Dr. Kort used antagonist short protocol on me to get as many follicles as possible. I had three successful cycles, the first: nine eggs retrieved - two embryos frozen; the second: seven eggs retrieved - 1 embryo frozen; the third one - eight eggs retrieved - 3 embryos frozen. I know that he adjusted my medication carefully after monitoring me every two days most of the time.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Neway Medical.
Everyone was warm and friendly. People seemed organized and things run according to protocol. Always got my medications instructions on time during the cycle.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
I think that the atmosphere of the clinic is very nurturing and people are very friendly and compassionate. I didn’t feel that as much in other clinics which seem to focus more on glamorous interiors and impeccable facade. This clinic feels more like home and the waiting room feels like a living room. I like that all of the procedures are done in clinic. All retrieval’s and diagnostic tests except PGT testing is done in the house. Neway has an amazing reproductive biologist Dr. Lee who actually deals with your eggs and is responsible for creating embryos. It seems like he is famous for his work.
Even though fertility treatment is so expensive and hit my finances super hard, I feel like I was given a good package deal by Neway for a three-cycle-package. Whenever the clinic had any extra medication, I was given some of those super expensive drugs for free.
Didn’t have the transfer yet.

2017 - 2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Kort is personable, and made accommodations and time for me when ever I needed. He also followed up quickly on email or calls and scheduled video calls to talk through options and plans (as we began during pandemic)...He was thoughtful, and very informative from the beginning. He didn't rush us to begin treatment until we had time to think through our options. He was careful to manage expectations and provide all risk information
Convenient location, one stop shop - for blood work, exams, procedures, consultations etc. [Neway Medical] Appointments were scheduled well with blood work first and then exams. Wait times for exams some times ran long (more than 15-20 min) but I attribute that partly to covid protocols...Most of my interactions with the nurses were a high point in my very frequent visits.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Dr. Kort was very personable in the way he treated my husband and I. He was thoughtful, and very informative from the beginning. He didn't rush us to begin treatment until we had time to think through our options. He was careful to manage expectations and provide all risk information - I was curious about the potential for multiple embryo transfer, which in the end was not an option for us (as I only had 1 successful embryo). Dr. Kort never rushed appointments. There were times when appointments got emotional for me, and Dr. Kort was always encouraging and kind and eased my fears.
Be open about your concerns and honest about what you want to achieve. He was very informative and realistically managed my expectations.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Neway Medical.
Nurses were kind, most were personable (with a couple exceptions), they managed a lot of patients and activity with limited resources (during pandemic), and remained calm and organized. Most of my interactions with the nurses were a high point in my very frequent visits.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Convenient location, one stop shop - for blood work, exams, procedures, consultations etc. Appointments were scheduled well with blood work first and then exams. Wait times for exams some times ran long (more than 15-20 min) but I attribute that partly to covid protocols.
Most of the medication cost was covered by my health insurance, I had a regular copay of $40 for every ultrasound appointment. Cost of transfer was covered by insurance. Genetic testing and embryo freezing was not covered by insurance.
Neway Medical

Dr. Kort is warm, empathetic, and down to Earth. He is also very clearly intelligent and passionate about his work. He was available to answer questions and always got back to me in the same day. He took the time to get to know me as a person and establish rapport. I never felt judged even when I had mixed feelings about the success of our IVF..
They [Neway Medical nurses] gave us extra demonstrations on administering the progesterone shots...They use a patient portal and everything can be done in there! They are a boutique clinic so each person there knows you by face and name! It’s Manhattan- there isn’t parking really nearby- we typically walked to our appointments but on the few times I drove, I knew to make sure to leave time to look for parking. There is some between Amsterdam and Broadway on 79th
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Dr. Kort is warm, empathetic, and down to Earth. He is also very clearly intelligent and passionate about his work. He was available to answer questions and always got back to me in the same day. He took the time to get to know me as a person and establish rapport. I never felt judged even when I had mixed feelings about the success of our IVF! He personally sees his patients and managed their care. Dr. Kort is not intimidating and speaks to you like a peer. He was 100% accurate with all of his estimations and we owe him our success story! He also provided us with wonderful referrals to other providers. These other providers also had patient centered practices. Dr. Kort gave us realistic timelines and is willing to “fight” insurances for his patients. All of our requested treatments were covered due to his expertise! We were so lucky to find him and will come back to grow our family again in the future! I cried after my last appointment, as I’ve never felt so cared about in a doctors/clinics care.
Trust his analysis and treatment planning! You are in charge, and you made the right step in picking him as a doctor.
Dr. Kort and the NeWay team knew details about my life and asked me about my life. They knew my nickname and called me it, they knew my job situation, they asked my husband about his job, and they made appropriate jokes with us. They took the time to make sure we were comfortable with every step and did not use medical language with us. Dr. Kort and his team celebrated all of the happy milestones with us on and individual basis.
Dr. Kort reviewed our history and told us we could go forward with another IUI (or more) cycle, but knew we had tried for several years so he was also on board with going right to IVF. We formed our IVF plan- use my natural cycle before egg retrieval then- menopur, ganirelix, Lupron. Then egg retrieval and ICSI to form embryos. They grew until 5/6 days then were biopsied for PGS then frozen. Once I had a period, a few days later I went on Estradoil and awaited lining to rethicken and genetic results to come back. At that time we scheduled the transfer for the next week! We had the embryologist pick the embryo that was the strongest and that was the one transferred. It worked! Dr. Kort saw me until 9 weeks pregnant. First HCG blood monitoring and then weekly ultrasounds.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Shameeka)
The nursing and medical team make NeWay a place you WANT to visit! They are warm, remember details about you, and make sure you get excellent care! They gave us extra demonstrations on administering the progesterone shots. They remembered I loved apple juice! They always had tape available versus bandaids, and knew which I preferred. They make appropriate jokes, call you by your preferred name, ask about your life and follow up later about it, and make small talk. They share in your excitement. When our transfer was successful, each member of our team called to say congrats individually! I genuinely am going to miss seeing them weekly/a few times a week. They made this experience something to look forward to and helped me feel confident that this is a manageable experience!
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
This clinic is organized! They use a patient portal and everything can be done in there! They are a boutique clinic so each person there knows you by face and name! It’s Manhattan- there isn’t parking really nearby- we typically walked to our appointments but on the few times I drove, I knew to make sure to leave time to look for parking. There is some between Amsterdam and Broadway on 79th. This clinic is timely- although I definitely preferred the first appointment of the day as those appointments were often quicker! The clinic is CLEAN. Especially during COVID. They have strict standards and maintain the spaces well. Everyone in the clinic is caring and personable- truly not a single team member who isn’t! From the embryologist, to medical doctors, nurses, techs, and receptionists- everyone is personable and excited for your journey.
They accepted our insurance as in network. Our costs were low and nothing was cost prohibitive.
I was relieved he recommended eSET. I was nervous of multiples.
Neway Medical

Dr. Kort explained the risks of transferring multiple embryos and since we also had genetic testing done, we felt very confident that transferring a single embryo would give us the best chance of a successful and healthy pregnancy...Not only is he extremely intelligent and professional, he is the most attentive, kind, and compassionate doctor I know. We felt completely safe in his care and trust him 110%. Because of Dr. Kort and his amazing team, we are currently pregnant with our first child and are already looking forward to working with them again as we continue to expand our family.
I love that Neway is a boutique practice with state-of-the-art technology. The care we received was so personalized and everyone, from the front-desk to the nurses and doctors, provided exemplary care and attention. And Dr. Kort was there every step of the way (performing every exam, every sonogram, every procedure) which really made us feel like we were in the best hands. I can not recommend Neway Fertility enough.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Dr. Kort is incredible and we feel very grateful that we went through our IVF journey with him. Not only is he extremely intelligent and professional, he is the most attentive, kind, and compassionate doctor I know. We felt completely safe in his care and trust him 110%. Because of Dr. Kort and his amazing team, we are currently pregnant with our first child and are already looking forward to working with them again as we continue to expand our family.
Look no further than Dr. Kort. I couldn't imagine a better doctor.
- Received personalized care - Established a rapport with doctors/nurses and staff - Doctors/nurses showed genuine interest in my care and progress - Ease of communication
Due to my specific case of fibroids as well as having blocked tubes, it was clear that IVF was a necessity. We decided to proceed with two separate egg retrievals, followed by PGS testing of embryos which were frozen and stored. After having necessary surgery, we finally scheduled our first frozen embryo transfer which resulted in a chemical pregnancy. We scheduled our second FET the following month and we are happy to report that we are expecting our first child next year.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Jen)
Jen, as well as the entire nursing and medical staff (Seon, Shameeka, Tania, Ketevan, Anjelica) were phenomenal. I looked forward to every visit to the office because they really made it feel like I was being welcomed and taken care of by family. We couldn’t have asked for a better team.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
My insurance covered the majority of the costs. I only had to co-pay for office visits, and paid out-of-pocket for PGS
Neway Medical

Dr. Kort has one of the best bedside manners of any doctor I have ever worked with. Pursuing fertility treatment is an overwhelming process, and I consistently felt like he was a patient guide through the whole thing. He is incredibly responsive and remarkably patient in making sure you get the answers that you need...I would encourage any prospective patient to bite the bullet and make an appointment. I found signing up for a fertility consultation to be such a huge mental hurdle. It's definitely worth it -- and Dr. Kort will be a huge part of making that process less scary.
I primarily worked with [nurse] Jenifer during my time at Neway. Like Dr. Kort she was extremely responsive and increidbly compassionate. She responded to every email the same day -- and always had a solution to any problems that arose. That said, EVERYONE at Neway is on top of their game. I can't think of a single nurse or staffer that wasn't extremely kind -- while also being utterly professional.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Although we ultimately did not need to pursue either IUI or IVF, Dr. Kort ran a full battery of tests to help diagnose our fertility issue. I had a trouble with my first HSG, so much so that we were unable to successfully complete it the first time around. Dr. Kort found a work around so that the test could be given effectively a second time. As luck would have it, that may have worked. We're now expecting our first child.
While we did not ultimately need any treatment strategies, Dr. Kort did all the diagnostic testing, including an HSG and a hysteroscopy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Jenifer Chin)
I primarily worked with Jenifer during my time at Neway. Like Dr. Kort she was extremely responsive and increidbly compassionate. She responded to every email the same day -- and always had a solution to any problems that arose. That said, EVERYONE at Neway is on top of their game. I can't think of a single nurse or staffer that wasn't extremely kind -- while also being utterly professional.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The clinic is super clean and well run -- something that is extremely important, but especially so during COVID-19. The online portal is also really easy to use and a great way to keep track of all our records.
Most of the bills were completely covered by insurance. The billing staff was more than happy to answer any questions.

2018 - 2020, Successful
I have never had such personalized care in our medical experience. Dr. Kort was scientifically thorough, exceptionally compassionate, patient, and fully committed to seeing us through every available option...was not only knowledgable and compassionate, but he showed exemplary humility in difficult situations and was not afraid to look deeper into an issue or seek an alternative opinion. He's a collaborative thinker, which is wonderful in this pursuit. He was a tireless advocate for our success.
The clinic [Newway Medical] is a friendly place to be during a challenging situation, in large part because of it's staff. It is nice to have doctors, nurses, and embryologists in once location, with a lab and storage facilities on site. The billing department could use some improvement. It is hard to get clarity around payments owed, which is stressful...Shameeka Toro, Jenifer Chin, and the entire nursing staff we worked with (Tanya, Anjelica, and Shareeka) were very caring and extremely competent. Shameeka & Jenifer were especially informed, up-to-speed, vibrant, positive, and and dedicated to our pursuit. They helped me and my partner understand the medications and process. And Shameeka is a wiz at dealing with insurance issues.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Dr. Kort was not only knowledgable and compassionate, but he showed exemplary humility in difficult situations and was not afraid to look deeper into an issue or seek an alternative opinion. He's a collaborative thinker, which is wonderful in this pursuit. He was a tireless advocate for our success.
Feel free to be yourself and express concerns. Dr. Kort is open to complicated feelings and discussions.
3 medicated IUI's with Clomid & Ovidrel trigger. 2 egg retrievals after Folistim, Menopur, & Cetrotide, HCG trigger regimen. Prep for transfer with Eustrace & Progesterone in oil. 1 transfer attempted, but embryo not inserted due to complexities with cervix shape. 2 practice transfers following failed attempt, as a way to better understand shape of cervix and prepare for successful transfer. After clear map of cervix and updated strategy for transfer, 1 successful embryo transfer, and ensuing pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Shameeka Toro & Jenifer Chin)
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The clinic is a friendly place to be during a challenging situation, in large part because of it's staff. It is nice to have doctors, nurses, and embryologists in once location, with a lab and storage facilities on site. The billing department could use some improvement. It is hard to get clarity around payments owed, which is stressful.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Neway Medical.
Very rarely had to wait. Overall a well-organized process.
Estimated 12K out of pocket, not including medications.
We definitely feel the single embryo transfer was the way to go.
How competent was Neway Medical at LGBTQ care?
I would credit Neway's openness around LGBT care to Dr. Kort, with whom we worked with most often. The other doctors we encountered were polite and kind, but we're not sure what they're like to work with in this regard.
Describe your experience using 3rd party reproduction (donor eggs, donor sperm, or gestational carrier) at Neway Medical.
Dr. Kort worked with our donor and with a prior facility storing our donor's sperm.
Neway Medical

Every appt you have with him [Dr. Kort,] he makes sure you feel confident with what the next step will be. When he had to call me to give me bad news he took the time to help me understand...[he] is against transferring more then one embryo...He tried to be there for every ultrasound and he was the one that did both retrievals. This process is really hard and having a doctor that’s really kind and actually knows you as more then a name on his appt book makes a difference
They [Neway Medical nurses] are compassionate and knowledgeable. They get to know their patients and are there if you have any questions...They are reasonably priced. They have a 3 cycle package for around $18,000 which is cheaper then any other clinic in my area...My biggest issue was with the finance department. They make things up when they aren’t sure and never get back to you.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
I had a very good experience with Dr. Kort. Every appt you have with him he makes sure you feel confident with what the next step will be. When he had to call me to give me bad news he took the time to help me understand. I had doctors in the past that left me a Voicemail and then too busy to return my call. Dr. Kort did his best to stay with me throughout both cycles. He tried to be there for every ultrasound and he was the one that did both retrievals. This process is really hard and having a doctor that’s really kind and actually knows you as more then a name on his appt book makes a difference. We weren’t successful yet but I feel like he did the best he could.
Dr. Kort took the time to meet with us and come up with a plan. He was there for every step. When I went in for monitoring he was the one doing the Ultrasound. I didn’t have to wait to hear from the doctor later on. In my previous clinic I met the doctor once for 15 min and never saw him again.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Jenifer C.)
The nursing staff were amazing. They are compassionate and knowledgeable. They get to know their patients and are there if you have any questions.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The one big problem this clinic has is the finance department. They really don’t have a clue what they are doing and they never get back to you. Even though I’m very pleased with the doctor and nurses I might not come because of the finance department. The stress of dealing with them made things worse for me.
Dr. Kort is against transferring more then one embryo.
2018 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Kort is a warm, patient and kind doctor, who did not rush us in any of the consultations, provided easy to understand explanations of a complicated process and was available whenever needed...helped us understand the alternatives available, costs involved, and patiently provided the information we needed to decide on the best plan of treatment. He made me feel comfortable during the entire treatment, endless ultrasounds, from truly care since our success was his own success.
Jenifer [nurse at Neway Medical] was the absolutely best throughout the treatment. She sent emails with treatment plan, reminders, called when she said she would. The nursing staff was very caring and attentive...Everything is done at the clinic, tests, bloodwork, retrieval, transfer, which is extremely convenient. Their hours are flexible and the location very accessible. The billing department had some restructuring in 2019 and it became great to work with...Monitoring hours started at early morning and were convenient to get to prior to work....
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
We had a great feeling with Dr. Kort from the initial consultation. He is friendly, knowledgeable and patient, and helped us understand the alternatives available, costs involved, and patiently provided the information we needed to decide on the best plan of treatment. He made me feel comfortable during the entire treatment, endless ultrasounds, from truly care since our success was his own success.
Don't leave any consultation with questions, it is important to understand the process and he is very patient and knowledgeable.
At my own choice I decided to first do a mini IVF, which ended up with no viable embryos. The second round was a full IVF and three viable embryos.
Jenifer was the absolutely best throughout the treatment. She sent emails with treatment plan, reminders, called when she said she would. The nursing staff was very caring and attentive.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Neway Medical.
Costs covered by insurance except for medicine and anesthesia.
We discussed the risks involved on multiple embryo transfer for a patient my age and a single embryo transfer was the choice made.
Neway Medical
Dr. Kort was excellent from start to finish. We were treating with him after sustaining two early miscarriages. He is clearly knowledgable and his course of treatment and recommendations worked. He was empathetic, reassuring, and caring every step of the way...[he] noticed a slight Uterine Septum and went on to perform a Hysteroscopic Septoplasty to correct the septum. The procedure took 30 minutes and full recovery took about a week
The [Neway Medical] clinic was well-run and professional. They have Saturday availability which was helpful for us. The staff was pleasant and accommodating. We felt like the staff truly cared about us each time we walked through the door...The nursing staff was helpful, compassionate, and supportive...On occasion, there was a lag in the time from when we were told we would be receiving results and the time we actually received the results. This typically occurred on a Saturday (when the clinical was short staffed)
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Our experience with Dr. Kort was excellent from start to finish. We were treating with him after sustaining two early miscarriages. He is clearly knowledgable and his course of treatment and recommendations worked. He was empathetic, reassuring, and caring every step of the way.
Don't hesitate considering him for your fertility treatment. He is the absolute best!
Under the treatment of doctor Kort, I was made to feel comfortable, safe, and like I was in good-hands!
After two early miscarriages, we had several blood tests, a semen analysis, a Saline Infused Sonogram (SIS), and a Hysterosalpingogram (HSG). Our blood work, semen analysis, and SIS came back normal. On the HSG, Dr. Kort noticed a slight Uterine Septum and went on to perform a Hysteroscopic Septoplasty to correct the septum. The procedure took 30 minutes and full recovery took about a week. Following surgery, I had another SIS which showed that the septum was corrected. We conceived the following month and are now expecting our rainbow baby in December!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Neway Medical.
The nursing staff was helpful, compassionate, and supportive.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The clinic was well-run and professional. They have Saturday availability which was helpful for us. The staff was pleasant and accommodating. We felt like the staff truly cared about us each time we walked through the door.
The costs required were the copays and some additional costs for blood tests.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Neway Medical.
On occasion, there was a lag in the time from when we were told we would be receiving results and the time we actually received the results. This typically occurred on a Saturday (when the clinical was short staffed); we were told we'd receive our results the same day, but didn't received them until Monday morning.
Neway Medical

Dr. Zimmermann was very sensiyand responsive to my specific needs. He was attentive and would call me back very quickly and consider treatments that felt tailored to my issues rather than standard protocol. He also provided me with literature that was helpful in making certain decisions.... I felt he had both the expertise and excellent bedside manner. He was sensitive, respectful, and supportive while also being very knowledgeable and experienced. I appreciated that he was there for all of my appointments and procedures and found him to be very patient and thorough.
Excellent clinic [Neway Medical] — quick wait times, excellent staff, pleasant facilities and appearance. The billing dept had some issues but overall all issues were addressed and resolved. They take multiple insurance plans. I saw the same doctor each time and I felt that the staff knew me well. There was a very personal feel — it didn’t feel like a baby factory as I found with other clinics. All the tests were done in house, which was also very helpful and comforting.
How was your experience with Ralf Zimmermann (retired) at Neway Medical?
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Zimmermann. I felt he had both the expertise and excellent bedside manner. He was sensitive, respectful, and supportive while also being very knowledgeable and experienced. I appreciated that he was there for all of my appointments and procedures and found him to be very patient and thorough.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ralf Zimmermann (retired) at Neway Medical?
Describe the protocols Ralf Zimmermann (retired) used in your cycles at Neway Medical and their degree of success.
8 medicated iui cycles with a small dose of clomid (25 mg) — I had already had 3 unmedicated IUI cycles at a different clinic. Each time I used Ovidrel shot to trigger ovulation. After the failed iui, we decided to move on to ivf and I did 7 days of gonal f. I don’t remember the dose but I know it was pretty low and he lowered it several times because of concern about overstimulation. I also did injections to put off ovulation. I had one egg retrieval that resulted in 32 eggs, 25 fertilized with ivf and icsi, and 18 embryos made it to day 5. The 18 embryos were frozen because I needed to recover — I had mild OHSS. I skipped a cycle and then transferred one embryo resulting in a pregnancy and live birth of a baby boy. I took vagibal and injectable progesterone and estrogen for the first 13 weeks of pregnancy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Neway Medical.
Excellent — very professional, kind, sensitive, and responsive!
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Excellent clinic — quick wait times, excellent staff, pleasant facilities and appearance. The billing dept had some issues but overall all issues were addressed and resolved. They take multiple insurance plans. I saw the same doctor each time and I felt that the staff knew me well. There was a very personal feel — it didn’t feel like a baby factory as I found with other clinics. All the tests were done in house, which was also very helpful and comforting.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Neway Medical.
Almost no wait times, same doctor each time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ralf Zimmermann (retired) at Neway Medical.
Much was covered by my insurance but I had to pay copays and coninsurance. I ended up spending about $3500 including medications.
Ralf Zimmermann (retired)
2014 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Nejat always treated me with respect and kindness...He has excellent bedside manner and is always calm and gentle...for the most part kept in touch via email and always explained any questions I had about medication or procedures...I felt he was experienced and knowledgeable. Unfortunately, I did not receive the results that I wanted. After years of working with him I am questioning if more could have been done to ensure that I did not go through 2 miscarriages, though I’m not positive that more could have been done.
There were times when nurses needed to be called to contact other clinics when I did outside monitoring. Neway would blame the other clinic even though that clinic could state the time that results were faxed or emailed over. There were also times when I had to call to have refills called in to a local pharmacy more than once...Waiting to get blood drawn was never a long wait. Waiting for ultrasounds could take over an hour if you didn’t go early enough.
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Neway Medical?
Dr. Nejat is very kind and compassionate. I felt he was experienced and knowledgeable. Unfortunately, I did not receive the results that I wanted. After years of working with him I am questioning if more could have been done to ensure that I did not go through 2 miscarriages, though I’m not positive that more could have been done. Dr. Nejat for the most part kept in touch via email and always explained any questions I had about medication or procedures.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edward Nejat at Neway Medical?
Request that all diagnostic tests be done.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Edward Nejat at Neway Medical?
Dr. Nejat always treated me with respect and kindness. He always asked about my students or how my school year was going. He has excellent bedside manner and is always calm and gentle.
Describe the protocols Edward Nejat used in your cycles at Neway Medical and their degree of success.
When I went to Dr. Nejat I wanted to try to complete an Ivf cycle as naturally as possible. He adhered to my wishes and we did several low dose Ivf cycles with Femara and injectables. We were able to successfully retrieve 3 eggs during a cycle that was used only injectables. The fresh transfer failed, one embryo arrested and the last embryo was transferred during a FET. This resulted in pregnancy, but I miscarried at 7/8 weeks. We continued on with another injectables low dose cycle which resulted in an unsuccessful retrieval. We decided to move on to a fully medicated cycle. This was the least successful, all 7 eggs arrested by day 3. We moved onto a donor cycle with a known donor. We were able to get 5 mediocre quality embryos from that cycle. The fresh transfer failed. We found out I had an endometrial infection from a biopsy that was then treated with 3 weeks of antibiotics. The following FET transfer worked, but resulted in a miscarriage at 9 weeks. We have two low quality embryos remaining that we will transfer by the end of the year.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Neway Medical.
I followed Dr. Nejat from one clinic to another. When I first began working with him the nurses were phenomenal. They were kind and compassionate, completely on the ball and easy to communicate with. By the time I left Neway the nursing staff had gone through several overhauls and some of them were very inexperienced.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The staff is courteous. When I last visited Neway the nursing staff was new and the donor department was inexperienced. There are a lot of moving parts when it comes to coordinating a donor cycle. The nurse in charge did not seem to have a deep knowledge of how to make the cycle as smooth as possible.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Neway Medical.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Edward Nejat at Neway Medical.
I live in a mandated state so most treatment and medication was covered up until now. I had to pay $5,000 for donor screening, $1,000 a year for storage fees, and $15 copay for monitoring visits.
Describe Edward Nejat's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Neway Medical.
Dr. Nejat left this decision up to us, which I was completely comfortable with.
Neway Medical
We did six timed intercourse cycles, all with negative results. There was no issue with my husband's sperm, but we [with Dr. decided to try one or two rounds of IUI before proceeding to IVF. After the first IUI procedure (done again with Ovidrel and Clomid), I became pregnant...Dr. Zimmermann was familiar with my medical history and the reasons that brought me there. He always took time to answer our questions, and personally called to delivery the results during each cycle. He was sensitive to the emotional nature of this process.
The nursing staff [at Neway Medical] were incredibly sweet. They came to know me as a person, and I never felt like I was just another patient they had to deal with. They were always very responsive when I reached out via phone or email with questions...Early on, there was some confusing back-and-forth with getting the Ovidrel, which needed to come from a specialty pharmacy. It hadn't been called in and approved by insurance when I called the pharmacy, so there was a lot of time spent on the phone with Neway and then with the pharmacy again to get it straightened out, and I eventually ended up borrowing a spare Ovidrel from Neway. After that snafu, there were no more issues with prescriptions.
How was your experience with Ralf Zimmermann (retired) at Neway Medical?
Dr. Zimmermann very clearly knows this area very well. His knowledge of the biology and science behind it all was very reassuring. Sometimes our meetings could feel rushed, but he always thoroughly answered my questions when I asked them. He made candid recommendations while also remaining sensitive.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ralf Zimmermann (retired) at Neway Medical?
Come to your meetings with him prepared with the questions you want to ask.
I do not ovulate or get my period, so after the initial tests, we did cycles with Clomid to induce follicle growth and then an Ovidrel injection to induce ovulation, followed by timed intercourse. We did six timed intercourse cycles, all with negative results. There was no issue with my husband's sperm, but we decided to try one or two rounds of IUI before proceeding to IVF. After the first IUI procedure (done again with Ovidrel and Clomid), I became pregnant.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Neway Medical.
The nursing staff were incredibly sweet. They came to know me as a person, and I never felt like I was just another patient they had to deal with. They were always very responsive when I reached out via phone or email with questions.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The doctors are knowledgable the the nursing staff is warm and very responsive. There were some headaches with insurance/prescriptions, so I'd recommend being very on top of that and making sure that you double-check any fees and understand completely who is calling in what prescription and what you need to do to get it.
There was a co-pay for each visit, and I think that was it.
Ralf Zimmermann (retired)
Neway Medical

Due to her [Dr. Luk] cultural background, she's fairly candid and blunt. But I always felt she was compassionate and personally invested in my care. She did her absolute best to make sure that I was taken care of by her staff, and did her personal best to help me through any other issues that she could...She was trying to balance not over medicating me, but also hoping to get enough good eggs knowing that I have zero IVF insurance coverage...
They're [Neway Medical] very aggressive about billing. Immediately phoning for payment as soon as a procedure is done. Even phoning for payment for a procedure that hadn't even been fully decided on yet by the doctor ... Arrive to the receptionist and check in that you've arrived. Seen by the phlebotomists in the order of arrival. Proceed to the ultrasound waiting room and get seen in order there. ...It started out great with nurses that responded to my emails immediately, but as my time there progressed, the nursing staff was having a lot of turnover
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
Due to her cultural background, she's fairly candid and blunt. But I always felt she was compassionate and personally invested in my care. She did her absolute best to make sure that I was taken care of by her staff, and did her personal best to help me through any other issues that she could.
She can come across as blunt and not quite as warm, but she is very warm and personable once you get to know who she is. She definitely cares and wants to solve problems. She doesn't follow one treatment plan for everyone but looks over all of your medical information to make a personal plan for each patient.
I was personally spoken to or emailed on every single occasion.
For first round IVF (undiagnosed infertility, I'm almost 35), I think she started with a fairly normal regiment of meds (based on what I read from online forums). My eggs/follicles weren't progressing (on one side) as much as she liked, so she started to increase the medications in hopes of a good cycle. She was trying to balance not over medicating me, but also hoping to get enough good eggs knowing that I have zero IVF insurance coverage. In the end, we were able to retrieve 9 eggs, but only 2 embryos made it for PGD testing.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Neway Medical.
It started out great with nurses that responded to my emails immediately, but as my time there progressed, the nursing staff was having a lot of turnover and Dr. Luk even expressed frustration over this. I don't know what was going on.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Strength: organized, easy to get a hold of someone, treated like a person and not a number, little details like pads/tampons in the exam rooms are appreciated, everything can be done over email (which I prefer because I can't be making private calls at work all the time) Weakness: They're very aggressive about billing. Immediately phoning for payment as soon as a procedure is done. Even phoning for payment for a procedure that hadn't even been fully decided on yet by the doctor (that was annoying to keep explaining that we haven't even fully decided yet if we're doing this procedure, so I'm definitely not paying yet). By the end of my time there, there was a lot of turnover in staff (phlebotomists, nursing, etc)
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Neway Medical.
It was mostly a well-oiled machine. Arrive to the receptionist and check in that you've arrived. Seen by the phlebotomists in the order of arrival. Proceed to the ultrasound waiting room and get seen in order there. Nurse and Dr come in to do the ultrasound and you are out the door.
I have zero IVF insurance coverage and everything was out of pocket. These were my approximate expenses: 16,500 for IVF (including all monitoring and bloodwork), anesthesia for egg retrieval, PGD/freezing process, and FET Not including: Medications and genetic testing done at third party labs
This didn't apply to me as I only had one viable embryo to transfer.
Neway Medical

On all of my monitoring visits, Dr. Luk would ask me why I was there. I'm unsure if this ws her method to check in and assess my insight and understanding about the process, but it upset and frustrated me, and my perception was that she did not remember who I was...Dr. Luk's communication style was extremely direct and rushed, and sometimes there was a tone of condescension when I posed questions to her, particularly questions we'd discussed before for which I was looking for further clarification.
The clinic's [Neway Medical] strengths are the ease of scheduling monitoring and the easy monitoring hours which allows visits prior to work in the morning. I think this leads to very busy morning hours where the wait can be up to an hour for blood work and ultrasound...the nursing staff were always pleasant for blood draws and prepping for ultrasound. If I asked them questions, they often replied with "I'm new here and I'm not sure"
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
Dr. Luk's communication style was extremely direct and rushed, and sometimes there was a tone of condescension when I posed questions to her, particularly questions we'd discussed before for which I was looking for further clarification. One of the visits that stuck with me most was a monitoring cycle for natural IUI. I was instructed to come for bloods and ultrasound. After I gave a blood sample, I was taken to an ultrasound room, but then the nurse said "oh, actually no ultrasound" and I was not given any further information. I sat waiting for Dr. Luk for 45 mins before insisting I speak with her and ask why no ultrasound and what was the next step. She informed me that I would not have an ultrasound and IUI would be tomorrow. I have the feeling if I hadn't demanded to speak with her, I wold have left the clinic without any information regarding my visit nor instruction about returning for IUI. This is the kind of interaction that characterized my interactions with her and ultimately lead to me changing doctors within the practice.
Choose another doctor who is less rushed and has more time for her patients. Also, not to expect a warm and empathic bedside manner.
On all of my monitoring visits, Dr. Luk would ask me why I was there. I'm unsure if this ws her method to check in and assess my insight and understanding about the process, but it upset and frustrated me, and my perception was that she did not remember who I was. Considering monitoring happens a couple of times per week in that final week leading up to the trigger and IUI, I was always taken aback by her lack of memory about why I was there.
My first two cycles of IUI were not stimulated with any drugs, as that was my request. This was one element I was happy with regarding having her as my doctor (i.e., she allowed me to do natural cycles despite low chances of success which she communicated). As I was ovulating naturally, we then attempted one IUI with Ovidrel trigger shot, with the rational that we could time IUI better.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Neway Medical.
The nursing staff were always pleasant for blood draws and prepping for ultrasound. If I asked them questions, they often replied with "I'm new here and I'm not sure", but they would check with the doctor. Phone conversations with them are always pleasant.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The clinic's strengths are the ease of scheduling monitoring and the easy monitoring hours which allows visits prior to work in the morning. I think this leads to very busy morning hours where the wait can be up to an hour for blood work and ultrasound.
Most of the IUI was covered by my insurance but I can say the I paid a co-pay of $40 each visit. I think she once quoted me $700 for an IUI procedure including semen wash and analysis (this was during a period where I had changed insurance provider and coverage for IUI was still being determined by my insurance).
Her approach to medications was always recommending medications over natural cycle to improve chances of pregnancy.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Neway Medical.
I asked for my chart to be sent to the clinic that Dr. Luk transferred to (Generation Next). They did not send the entire chart, only part of it. It also took a number of follow-up calls to get the chart sent. Also, please see previous comment about the day that bloods were taken but no ultrasound and there was a lack of communication/instruction around this.

2014 - 2017, Unsuccessful
Dr. nejat was easy to get in touch with (very on top of his email communication) he really considered my medical history and family dynamic and schedule and we decided on treatments and timing TOGETHER.... Dr nejat was very calm, patient, and explained everything when i had questions. his bedside manner was excellent and i really appreciated it. my most important thing in a doctor was one who could really understand my personal situation and tailor the protocol to my needs
reception staff [Neway Medical - New York] are top rate. they know your name even as you are just walking in the door. they answer questions quickly by phone and email and are very welcoming and direct you pleasantly within the center. billing department was fine. only thing is that they didnt know that i would need auth for iui injection meds seperate from the auth for iui and i had to pay for the meds out of pocket. also they dont send out their bills in timely fashion
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Neway Medical?
Dr nejat was very calm, patient, and explained everything when i had questions. his bedside manner was excellent and i really appreciated it. my most important thing in a doctor was one who could really understand my personal situation and tailor the protocol to my needs. i felt at ease and safe under his care and he really took time for us which boosted our confidence.there were certain tests that i had done at hte clinic with a different doctor just before i saw him that im glad he didnt make me repeat. on the flip side, having moved on to another clinic because he left hte practice, i wish he would have requested clearance from my other specialists (although he was aware of my medical history and it is very minor things. maybe we could have gone over pgs/pgd more in depth to see if it was right for us
make sure that he pays as much attention to your other medical conditions as he does to working with your preferences and circumstance
1 cycle clomid 1 cycle letrozole- switched to letrozole to minimize reaction to side effects as well as personal exposure based on family history with cancer in relatives who did fertility treatments 1 cycle letrozole with iui to try and increase chance of pregnancy after this IVF was recomended bec of my age and the length of time since my last pregnancy . mild stimulation to produce minimal eggs and therefore retreival without anesthesia was recomended to limit my exposure to drugs based on family history. we tried to prep for a cycle several times and as yet have not been able to see one thru, mostly bec of logisits not medically related
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Neway Medical.
not always receiving a response to phone calls in timely fashion from nurses. they were all friendly and professionaly and nice and took the to show me how to use injections and make sure i was comfortable with it
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
reception staff are top rate. they know your name even as you are just walking in the door. they answer questions quickly by phone and email and are very welcoming and direct you pleasantly within the center. billing department was fine. only thing is that they didnt know that i would need auth for iui injection meds seperate from the auth for iui and i had to pay for the meds out of pocket. also they dont send out their bills in timely fashion, lastly, when we were preparing to start ivf they didnt go over hte fees and benefits with us in detail to show us the exact costs we would be responsible for. while they did go over our general benefits at hte beginning of our time at hte clinic, after i switched to the new clinic was the first time the fees were laid out for me and we need to postpone it again until we can afford it
procedure before ivf 95% covered by insurance. frozen sperm less than $1000 out of pocket includes one year storage. yearly storage fee maybe slight high. already mentioned previously that they failed to get a sep preauth for meds for iui and to thouroughly review detailed ivf costs
was happy with his suggestion of eset
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Neway Medical.
once maybe twice i had to really chase them so that i could get an rx so i could take it at hte prescribed time. they didnt tell us when my husband came back as a carrier for certain things, and certainly didnt tell us that i had never had those tests (my genetic tsting was done 2 years before my husband and was only a ashkenazi panel not a comprehensive panel, that i didnt relize they were running on him

2015 - 2017, Successful
He [Dr. Nejat] was extremely compassionate and willing to answer all questions. He was always concerned with me as a human not just as a reproductive challenge. He never made me feel rushed. He also showed an impressive capacity and willingness to listen and learn...My one and only criticism was that sometimes when I had a concern that required a detailed understanding of the science behind something (like the use of one drug over another) he didn’t want to get into that detail with me. His standard answer in those instances was always “I’m not worried about that.”
I love that this clinic [Neway Medical] offers a range of treatment options and respects the natural cycles of your body, trying to support it rather than manhandle it. But they also can throw all hormones and control tools if necessary...[Nursing Staff] They were so responsive! And always very competent. And almost all of them were very warm and extremely helpful...The egg retrieval was $8000 not counting medicine and checkups. The transfer was $4000 not counting meds or checkups.
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Neway Medical?
He was extremely compassionate and willing to answer all questions. He was always concerned with me as a human not just as a reproductive challenge. He never made me feel rushed. He also showed an impressive capacity and willingness to listen and learn. When I showed him research about a procedure I had concerns about, he read it and told me he would adjust his use of it going forward. My one and only criticism was that sometimes when I had a concern that required a detailed understanding of the science behind something (like the use of one drug over another) he didn’t want to get into that detail with me. His standard answer in those instances was always “I’m not worried about that.” I’m a person who does a lot of research and wanted to understand for myself whether I should or should not worry about something. At the end of the day, I never felt like he always steered me in the right direction and made the best decisions he could with the information available and gave me truly excellent care. I never doubted the quality of care and I really trusted him.
Know he has your best interests at heart and that he really will answer with all details and the science behind his decisions if you explicitly push him to tell you that level of detail.
He clearly cared about me and my experience under his care. He was always kind and when I admitted to struggling emotionally with the process he gently offered infertility support group references without being pushy about it. He also always seemed interested in me as a person and remembered details about my life from one session to the next. He was also always willing to answer as many questions as I wanted to ask.
We used Letrozole in all but one IUI cycle because of my PCOS diagnosis and I responded well to it. The one time we tried Clomid (after my first or second negative pregnancy test), it thinned my lining too much so we went back to Clomid. Dr. Nejat always tried to support my natural cycle as much as possible. When I asked to go on Progesterone after each IUI he prescribed it without challenging me. When I asked to go on Metformin for my PCOS after my 6th IUI (and first chemical pregnancy) he also agreed without challenging me. He gave me lower doses of injectable hormones in the lead up to my egg retrieval to protect me from hyper stimulation (though I ended up hyper stimulated anyway). The egg retrieval, fertilization process and transfer went off without a hitch!
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
I love that this clinic offers a range of treatment options and respects the natural cycles of your body, trying to support it rather than manhandle it. But they also can throw all hormones and control tools if necessary.
My insurance covered the IUI so not sure about those costs. The egg retrieval was $8000 not counting medicine and checkups. The transfer was $4000 not counting meds or checkups.
Because I was 36 with no major fertility complications, he preferred doing a single transfer to avoid a multiple pregnancy. I agreed.

2014 - 2017, Successful
Sh [Dr. Junalle Luk] e took the time to understand my history and tailored a treatment plan to me. Everyone in the clinic called me by name and recognized me. Appointments were efficient. Most important, Dr. Luk came in on her day off to do my first successful embryo transfer to ensure it went smoothly.... Dr. Luk combined low dose IVF injections with the oral medication (Letrozole) that I had responded to favorably during IUI cycles. Her rationale was that I had responded well to the oral medication and increasing the injections would likely cause my body to continue to fail to respond - a combination of low dose injections and the oral medication would be more favorable. With only injections, my first IVF cycle was cancelled with another physician and their plan was to increase the dosage. Dr. Luk's plan worked and we obtained three high-quality, five-day embryos from the first cycle with her. This cycle resulted in a healthy singleton birth. For my second cycle, we repeated the same protocol. My response was much lower (my DOR had worsened), but this, too, resulted in a healthy singleton pregnancy, which is in progress.
The nurses [at Neway Medical] were extremely kind, personable, and attentive. There were times when instructions regarding next steps could have been more clear, but I could not have asked for a more engaged, caring team.... Dr. Luk combined low dose IVF injections with the oral medication (Letrozole) that I had responded to favorably during IUI cycles. Her rationale was that I had responded well to the oral medication and increasing the injections would likely cause my body to continue to fail to respond - a combination of low dose injections and the oral medication would be more favorable. With only injections, my first IVF cycle was cancelled with another physician and their plan was to increase the dosage. Dr. Luk's plan worked and we obtained three high-quality, five-day embryos from the first cycle with her. This cycle resulted in a healthy singleton birth. For my second cycle, we repeated the same protocol. My response was much lower (my DOR had worsened), but this, too, resulted in a healthy singleton pregnancy, which is in progress.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
I cannot recommend Dr. Luk enough. Most important, she helped me to achieve two healthy pregnancies in record time, where other doctors were not able to get me to respond to IVF meds. adequately. For my first cycle with Dr. Luk (which followed a cancelled cycle at CWRC and undiagnosed DOR), I was pregnant within two months. Dr. Luk took the time to understand my history and devise an effective, creative treatment plan. She’s a brilliant physician with a huge heart. For my second cycle, two years later, my response to the medication decreased dramatically, but where other doctors would have cancelled, Dr. Luk continued the cycle. I achieved a successful pregnancy with the single embryo that resulted. Her compassion and willingness to work with patients is unparalleled.
Don't hesitate to schedule a consultation with her. I would look nowhere else.
She took the time to understand my history and tailored a treatment plan to me. Everyone in the clinic called me by name and recognized me. Appointments were efficient. Most important, Dr. Luk came in on her day off to do my first successful embryo transfer to ensure it went smoothly. And it did result in a healthy pregnancy!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Neway Medical.
The nurses were extremely kind, personable, and attentive. There were times when instructions regarding next steps could have been more clear, but I could not have asked for a more engaged, caring team.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
N/A - Dr. Luk is now with Generation Next Fertility. I strongly recommend Dr. Luk and would recommend patients follow her to her new location.
Dr. Luk allowed my to choose whether to choose 1 or 2 embryos with our first and second transfers. She educated me on the options, but was flexible.
Neway Medical

The truly great thing about this clinic [Neway Medical] is that as a smaller operation, there's room for flexibility in treatment, ease in communicating with (or across) various departments (nursing, billing, phlebotomy, etc.) and a comfortable, familiar feeling when you're there and seeing the same faces all the time. You don't feel as if you're in a factory...Now and then I feel that the nurses give less-than-stellar advice over the phone, which later proves to be different than what my doctor would have advised. But this tends to be about general questions, not about the day's protocol instructions (which are specific, less room for interpretation).
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
The number one reason why I like Dr. Luk is because it feels like she's really thinking about your cycle and about her own treatment philosophy. She's neither stuck on purely cookie-cutter conventional methods nor drawn to the latest trends. She seems to have a lot of confidence in her own opinion, which appeals to me. I also like that she's flexible in a way that I imagine is only possible in a small clinic like this; if I arbitrarily want to use one brand of medication instead of another because of something I read, she's willing to accommodate. If I want to come for monitoring a day early for my peace of mind, or more often than is strictly necessary, she is okay with it. My only complaint is that her style of communication can be disorganized; sometimes it seems her brain is moving too fast and she skips from one view to another without explaining what changed her mind. She also could improve her listening skills, stopping to fully hear a patient's question or concern before answering; it's not that her answers are dismissive, more like she's so eager to clarify or reassure you that she sometimes misses the specific point you were trying to get to.
You can trust her intentions completely. But make sure you understand why she wants to do certain things; sometimes she seems to give too much weight to what the patient might want based on something they said (e.g. she might push a less expensive protocol if she knows money is an issue) and so she'll advise accordingly when in fact the patient wants only to know what works best and can weigh factors like money or discomfort on their own.
Dr. Luk brings a lot of energy and enthusiasm into the exam room. She always seems happy to see you, even when the monitoring hours are busy with lots of patients. While her style of communication can be a bit chaotic, it feels as if she's thinking about your case, and her approach doesn't feel rote or one-size-fits-all. She seems willing to tweak protocols, either to satisfy the patient's psychological needs (as long as it's not harmful) or to account for specific issues that arise.
I underwent an IUI (my second-- the first was with another doctor) with letrozole, which went smoothly but no pregnancy. Then had a diagnostic hysteroscopy and some other monitoring and eventually did an IVF cycle (antagonist with estrogen priming), using ICSI and freeze-all (for hormonal reasons) with later medicated FET. Achieved pregnancy but miscarried due to chromosomal abnormality.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Neway Medical.
This is tough because a couple of excellent nurses have left the practice in the time I've been there and I really feel their absence; hopefully someone will fill their shoes soon. The current nurses (as of early 2017) are pleasant enough, and they are reasonably available by phone or when you're in the office and want to have a chat about something. They always call promptly with the day's results. But some of the current nursing staff aren't as precise with their knowledge and communication as the ones that left. I'm fairly demanding, though, and extremely well-informed, so I may be a tough patient to impress in this regard.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The truly great thing about this clinic is that as a smaller operation, there's room for flexibility in treatment, ease in communicating with (or across) various departments (nursing, billing, phlebotomy, etc.) and a comfortable, familiar feeling when you're there and seeing the same faces all the time. You don't feel as if you're in a factory. I find it very empowering to be able to stick my head into the billing office and ask a quick question, or to ask the person doing the blood draw to add a specific test at the last minute. My impression (based on my own experience) is that the embryology lab is strong. The word I keep returning to in my mind is flexibility. Going through infertility can be extra nightmarish for a control freak, so it helps a lot to go to a clinic that allows some customization (whether in IVF protocols, billing decisions, scheduling, etc.). Over time the prices have gone up and everything has gotten more busy, but it's still pretty good compared to what I hear about larger clinics.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Neway Medical.
For morning monitoring, which is first-come first-served, most of the time I only had to wait a short time, for maybe one or two patients, before being called in for blood or ultrasound. Every now and then, maybe one out of five times, the wait was longer.
Costs have gone up since we last paid for treatment so these prices are no longer relevant. In early 2016 we paid $800 for each of two IUIs. Then we paid $8900 for a conventional IVF cycle, but $1600 of that ended up being subtracted and applied to a later FET cycle, the total cost of which was $3200. Neway provides a discount for the second IVF attempt if the first one fails.
Her approach seems balanced. Very ready to transfer two blastocysts (not so risky for me given advanced maternal age). I'm not sure if she'd transfer more than two blastocysts.
Neway Medical

She [Dr. Luk] was effective and understanding, with a low medication intervention approach. I got pregnant with her at the age of 41 with just 3 IUIs. When the clinic made a mistake, she took responsibility and steps to make sure it didn't happen again...She was no nonsense, and told me things in a straightforward way but with empathy and tact...Make sure to ask to see her if you feel more comfortable, ask staff to explain all the steps to you, and what's next, and make sure you're on top of what you need done, because they can miss some details...
The [Neway Medical] clinic is pretty disorganized and they forget to tell patients all the steps to expect. You have to stay on top of them about things that need to happen. It's better if you have contact with the doctor; you can request to do so...They didn't always test my thyroid, although I asked them to. They didn't always tell me what to expect next. However, they're much better than the other clinic I used... very friendly and interested in my welfare...
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
She was effective and understanding, with a low medication intervention approach. I got pregnant with her at the age of 41 with just 3 IUIs. When the clinic made a mistake, she took responsibility and steps to make sure it didn't happen again.
One natural IUI, then 2 cycles with chlomid. The 3rd IUI resulted in pregnancy. I wanted to try as little medication and intervention as possible. Used donor sperm.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Marlene Garcia)
I didn't have a lot of in person contact with her, she was only assigned when the clinic made a mistake, and the nursing staff seemed pretty disorganized. I'd have to remind them to do tests that I needed.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The clinic is pretty disorganized and they forget to tell patients all the steps to expect. You have to stay on top of them about things that need to happen. It's better if you have contact with the doctor; you can request to do so.
It was covered by my insurance. I did have to pay for an out of network anesthesiologist for a hysteroscopy.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Neway Medical.
They told me after I asked that I had a sperm vial left when I didn't and we had to cancel a cycle. They didn't always test my thyroid, although I asked them to. They didn't always tell me what to expect next. However, they're much better than the other clinic I used... very friendly and interested in my welfare.
Neway Medical
Dr. Luk was recommended to me from a friend and we had a great experience with her. She is an incredibly smart and amazing surgeon and is very direct, which is important. She also called and emailed a lot which was really nice. But as someone who asks a ton of questions, I sometimes had a hard time understanding her answers (due to her being ESL and the fact that she is (understandably) always going a hundred miles per minute) Because of Dr. Luk's scheduling and being out of the office when I was ovulating, we ended up getting all three of my IUI's done with Dr Nejat. Dr. Nejat is much more thorough in answering questions and a little more gentle.
The clinic [Neway medical] was awesome, always on top of everything. I felt comfortable there and always felt like I was in good hands. I believe Dr. Luk and Dr. Nejat no longer work there, and I would possibly consider going back anyway, because the staff was so friendly, helpful and accommodating.... Before my first IUI, I had a polyp on my ovary that she discovered and removed. The first IUI I did naturally without medication. For the second and third, I would take clomid the first 5 days after my period, have my blood taken after to determine ovulation, go in to have an ultrasound of my ovaries, and then the nurses would call in a prescription for a trigger shot. I would then go in for the IUI exactly 36 hours after the shot.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
I would recommend asking her to repeat her answers if you don't understand them. She was very patient with us in repeating herself and we found it very helpful!
Dr. Luk took time out of her day to call me whenever I had questions.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Neway Medical.
They were extremely helpful and caring.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The clinic was awesome, always on top of everything. I felt comfortable there and always felt like I was in good hands. I believe Dr. Luk and Dr. Nejat no longer work there, and I would possibly consider going back anyway, because the staff was so friendly, helpful and accommodating.
co-pay - $25 per visit
Neway Medical
The clinic is well kept, clean and modern-looking. There is not much space in the exam rooms which can be a little uncomfortable when speaking with the doctor because they are sitting right in front of your feet after the exam. The exam rooms also always have this blaring 90s pop music on and at 7-8am when you are there for monitoring or right before a procedure, it seems like the last thing you want to listen to. The ultrasound tech, Lisa, is really sweet but she needs more experience. She didn't seem to really know what she was looking at 1-2x that I saw her. She got better with time. The overall wait is okay - takes no time to get your blood work but about 30-40 minutes to get the ultrasound done.
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Neway Medical?
As stated before, Dr. Nejat has the right bedside manner for this area of medicine. He listens, he cares and he has a more natural approach than other doctors. He isn't as eager to pump you up with fertility medicines, which I appreciated. But after two failed IUI attempts, he didn't really offer us another course of action. He seemed to be winging it more than planning a protocol for us. I don't know if this is because of our diagnosis and our bad numbers, but I felt like I was approaching him about different options I had learned about that other women with my condition were trying instead of him approaching me about them. I wish he were a little more aggressive at the end.
I think that if you are seeing Dr. Nejat and are nervous about treatments, he is a great doctor to go to. I think if you've already been in treatments and you want an aggressive doctor, he may not be the right match. He will certainly do things within your comfort zone and doesn't seem to say no either though, so I would just say that if you need some handholding, he is the right person.
Dr. Nejat has a really soft and sweet bedside manner. He was really kind to us and is a very good listener. I think this approach worked well for us towards the first half of our diagnosis because we (especially me) wanted someone who was listening to my doubts, fears, concerns and would answer all of my questions. He was also willing to work with me with diminished ovarian reserve, which not many doctors will. But at the end of the day, it felt like I was approaching him with new ideas of things to try versus the other way around. I don't know if that's because of my diagnosis and he didn't think it would work or if he was too passive. I ultimately don't know all of the choices, so preferred someone who would give me more options and give us the choice to decide.
We basically did natural cycle IUIs with Dr. Nejat. Each time (there were only 2) we used an HCG trigger shot. He put me on an estrogen patch for a week or two to try to lower my FSH levels because I wasn't producing any eggs, but that was suggested by me after doing some research. He didn't think it could help or hurt, so he had me try it. He was a bit more passive in this respect.
I was cc'd on emails to the entire nursing staff but along the way it seemed I was supposed to be assigned to Jennifer. Can't really recall why I felt that way now, but that seems to be the case. In any case, she was okay. Pretty average nursing coordinator. I had to borrow some medications from this clinic twice for my IUIs because they didn't get pre-authorization on time, so that wasn't great. I then had to return my medications to them and they were a bit rough with me about when I was supposed to do that. I do not recommend doing this to anyone, by the way. If you are starting a protocol, make sure you get your pre-auth right away because it takes a bit of time to get the meds (pre-auth takes 48 hours) and I didn't know this. So my IUIs were always planned within the week and I had to run around to get the right medications to trigger. I had to borrow from them because I didn't have them on time. That was messy and not professional. I think many clinics do this, but I would strongly advise against it if you can help it.
covered by insurance