Genetic counseling: Offered
Coordinating at-home nursing: Offered
Selling medication: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
115 East 57th St
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Generation Next Fertility to a friend?

3 doctors
Dr Nejat was very warm and answered questions directly and honestly when asked. He was available for every visit during our first IUI. We are a lesbian couple and he always greeted both of us with equal respect and warmth. That being said, it did feel like the information was not offered unless we asked specific questions, and he does not always warn you before the ultrasound, which was jarring at first.
The clinic [Generation Next Fertility] is small, both physically and in their medical staff. There are only two doctors, which means you get to know one doctor well and they know you. Conversely, there are a lot of nurses, who are all working to get you in and out quickly during the morning monitoring.... We had an issue with the prescription trigger shot that was called in during our first round of IUI. The prescription was sent to CVS specialty pharmacy and needed to be shipped from out of state.
European, Latino
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Generation Next Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edward Nejat at Generation Next Fertility?
Make sure you ask your questions, don't necessarily expect to be told every detail. If you have a concern, raise it early, and he will make sure to keep it in mind as you go through the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Edward Nejat at Generation Next Fertility?
Dr Nejat knew us after our first visit, and always made time to answer all of our questions, or even just greet us when we were there for monitoring with nurses and sonographers and not specifically with him. The whole staff was very warm and welcoming and reassuring.
Describe the protocols Edward Nejat used in your cycles at Generation Next Fertility and their degree of success.
I have been previously diagnosed with PCOS, but during our initial consult we had blood drawn and an ultrasound. Based on those results, which appeared within normal ranges, and my age (33), Dr Nejat did not want to overmedicate me for an IUI with donor sperm, so we went drug-free for our first round. This did not produce a pregnancy. I am awaiting results for our second round and am interested to see if strategy changes this time, or if we will continue unmedicated.
Everyone was very warm and answered all our questions plainly, taking the time to call us after each monitoring session and give us our next steps. They walked through the trigger shot process with my wife, who was very nervous to stick me or do something incorrectly. They made me feel comfortable during the many blood draws and ultrasounds. We did have one communication error right before our first IUI that led to a lot of stress. We were told that CVS specialty pharmacy would reach out to us about our trigger shot shipment, but they never did, and there was a mad rush to get the shot to us in time for our IUI. Now that we know better, we will take steps to ensure we have everything we need on time, but the nurses miscommunicated the process to get the shot (which has to come from out of state) and it caused a lot of stress.
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
The clinic is small, both physically and in their medical staff. There are only two doctors, which means you get to know one doctor well and they know you. Conversely, there are a lot of nurses, who are all working to get you in and out quickly during the morning monitoring. The procedure rooms and offices are cramped, but all modern and updated. The waiting room opens out onto the building's atrium, which is exposed to views from other floors and offices, so it doesn't feel that private. The desk staff are all very young, and often seem to need Adult Supervision to answer simple questions, but they are kind and eager to try.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Edward Nejat at Generation Next Fertility.
We have Progyny insurance, which covers 4 rounds of IUI after meeting our deductible. We had to pay $1600 for genetic testing and initial blood tests prior to picking a donor in order to meet the deductible, and I have not seen a bill since.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Generation Next Fertility.
We had an issue with the prescription trigger shot that was called in during our first round of IUI. The prescription was sent to CVS specialty pharmacy and needed to be shipped from out of state. We were told they would call us to set that up, and the patient portal for the clinic made it look like it was en route. So two days before our IUI, when we didn't have a trigger shot, we were concerned and I called to figure out where the shot was. The desk clerk told me it was in Illinois (we live in New York) and I needed to call CVS directly. Upon calling CVS, I learned that they did not have all my insurance information to fulfill the prescription. When I gave that to them, they told me the prescription I had been written was not covered by my insurance so the doctor would need to write a new one. After a few hours of back and forth, I was able to get a prescription shipped. The main errors were around how we were meant to communicate with CVS, and the office not providing all my insurance information to CVS to fulfill the order. It's my understanding that this has happened with this clinic in the past, and Dr Nejat was very apologetic when he heard what had happened. We were very stressed about not getting the shot in time, and he offered to "lend" us one and we would swap him for the one being shipped to us at a later date, in case ours didn't make it in time. Now that we know the process and have the right prescription, we know how to prevent the issue from happening again.
East Side

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Edward Nejat at Generation Next Fertility.

3 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Every time we saw Dr. Luk she knew exactly who we were and knows our history to a T...If something was confusing to us she explained it again with pleasure and gave an example or a parallel. She acknowledge that this is not an easy process and genuinely wants to help us become parents...Dr. Luk is super knowledgeable...It seems like the wheels in her head are always turning, tying to find solutions to your struggle. She is always very thorough and patient. She makes time for you and weighs out your options.She does talk a little fast, but its always clear and understandable. I had 4 miscarriages and she recommended I take a Karyotype test. I found out I have a Chromosomal translation. She explained this very clearly and gave me the facts on what this means for me. My overall experience with Dr. Luk is A++. My main concern is that I want to work with someone who is knowledgeable, kind and continues to research and learn
nursing staff [at Generation Next Fertility] is so compassionate and responsive. I always get an email within the day, if not that day. They are always open and available via email or phone for any questions...It [monitoring] was run quite smoothly, however, sometimes there was a little wait, but that's expected. The wait was never too long...They are efficient and professional. its feel friendly and welcoming. If I request to see Dr. Luk they always try their best to have me see her asap. Sometimes I have to wait a little during monitioring, but I expect that. The bathroom and rooms are always stocked wth light day pads and tampons and an espresso machine in the waiting area.
3 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
Dr. Luk is super knowledgeable. She really wants to know you and your history. It seems like the wheels in her head are always turning, tying to find solutions to your struggle. She is always very thorough and patient. She makes time for you and weighs out your options.She does talk a little fast, but its always clear and understandable. I had 4 miscarriages and she recommended I take a Karyotype test. I found out I have a Chromosomal translation. She explained this very clearly and gave me the facts on what this means for me. My overall experience with Dr. Luk is A++. My main concern is that I want to work with someone who is knowledgeable, kind and continues to research and learn
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
You may feel like she is rushing you, but she just talks fast. She has a lot of information and knowledge and wants to share it all with you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
Every time we saw Dr. Luk she knew exactly who we were and knows our history to a T. She sympathized and empathized with us. If something was confusing to us she explained it again with pleasure and gave an example or a parallel. She acknowledge that this is not an easy process and genuinely wants to help us become parents.
Describe the protocols Janelle Luk used in your cycles at Generation Next Fertility and their degree of success.
Dr. Luk's strategy is quality over quantity. The cycle with my first Dr we did a high stimulation, getting me 39 eggs, however, all were abnormal. If i remember correctly, Dr .Luk had me tale Clomid, i vial of Menopur and 150 u of Gonal. after 4 days we increased it to 200 u of Gonal and then added cetrodide a couple days later. then on the 11th dayI did the dual HCG trigger shot
Dr. Luks nursing staff is so compassionate and responsive. I always get an email within the day, if not that day. They are always open and available via email or phone for any questions. If they don't know the answer they check with Dr. Luk and get back to you asap. They are all very willing to help in any way they can. Calling in RX and helping you find Pharmacy's if you are self pay. They aslo call insurance and take care of any pre-authorization
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Generation Next Fertility.
It was run quite smoothly, however, sometimes there was a little wait, but that's expected. The wait was never too long
Describe the costs associated with your care under Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility.
Fortunately, I had up to 10K covered for IVF and meds. I did have to pay for any embryo testing or freezing. I believe her IFV fee is $8500(don't quote me). I think its $900 for testing up to 4 embryos.
Describe Janelle Luk's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Generation Next Fertility.
Dr. Luk is very much open to transferring 2 embryos which is something my husband and I are interested in.
East Side

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility.

2018 - 2020
During procedures, he [Dr. Nejat] is very focused, and I felt like I was getting excellent care. There are several times where he gave advice that he allowed me to overrule. In hindsight, perhaps I should have listened to him on those few occasions. But part of the infertility journey is emotional and wandering, and I think that he also understands that a patient may not be psychologically ready for the most straight forward medical path.
One thing that I have discovered is unique about the clinic [is that they allow you to do your procedure with only local anesthesia, rather than general anesthesia. I am a single woman, and this was extremely helpful. You can walk yourself out of a retrieval and take the subway home if you have local. With general you have to find someone to escort you home during the middle of the work day. This was stressful for me as a single person, and the local anesthesia, was totally fine.
European, East Asian
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Generation Next Fertility?
Dr. Nejat is disturbingly available by email. If you have questions, they will be answered. He is personable but professional. And very positive and likable. During procedures, he is very focused, and I felt like I was getting excellent care. There are several times where he gave advice that he allowed me to overrule. In hindsight, perhaps I should have listened to him on those few occasions. But part of the infertility journey is emotional and wandering, and I think that he also understands that a patient may not be psychologically ready for the most straight forward medical path. In several conversations with him, it's been clear that he is considering the whole human in his medical practice--both what the body and mind need. There were times that I wished he had pushed a little harder with early advice to start treatment and transition to IVF more quickly because of my age. It took me a long time to realize just how tough the road is for women of my age. My first consultation with him was at 43 and I didn't start a cycle until I was 44. I do wish I had started earlier. Dr. Nejat does not readily give macro evaluations of how things are going. Most of the process is detailed and step by step. Perhaps that is by design. But some part of me wanted to be graded overall, so I would know whether to speed up or slow down or generally reframe how I was thinking about my prospects.
I would be as proactive about asking questions and following up on things. And be prepared to see Dr. Luk on occasion, as Dr. Nejat does have to take vacation and they swap coverage for holidays. Be very diligent about making sure your care plan is communicated between the doctors or with the rest of the staff if you have to see the other doctor. Dr. Luk is awesome, though, so you won't feel slighted.
Dr. Nejat is incredibly empathetic. You always have the sense that he cares as much about your success as you do.
The clinic has a preference for more mild, treatments, I believe. And I was much more successful with milder treatments. After my first IVF, where I retrieved 10 eggs, but only 2 embryos were sent for testing, I personally asked to be more aggressive, because it seemed like it was basically a game of roulette to try to get quality eggs down the chute. We used more drugs, and the second IVF produced 5 eggs and only one survived to embryo testing. Dr. Nejat had suggested canceling the cycle and I overruled it (in part because I had done so much work with injecting the drugs). After my one embryo came back abnormal, of course, I wish I had saved myself the money. The next two cycles we went back to a protocol that was similar to the first one, but each time improved. We got 22 eggs and 6 embryos out of those cycles. Specific drugs: 1st--> chlomid, gonal 150-200, cetrotide .25; 2nd--> vivelle dot, gonal 225-300, menapur 75-150, microdose lupron 2x40; 3rd and 4th--> chlomid, gonal 150-200, cetrotide .25, vivelle dot.
Everyone who works at the clinic is incredibly nice and professional. It was a little hard to keep track of all the faces in the clinic, and my appointments, I would typically see Dr Nejat, a medical assistant who tailed Dr. Nejat, someone who drew my blood, and the ultrasound technician. I feel like most of my interactions with the nurses came during phone and email communications, and during procedures where they were in charge of my pre- and post-procedure care. I also asked the nurses to draw circles on my butt for injections, and they explained the injections to me. Generally speaking, I felt very comfortable contacting the nurses by email with any questions and problems. It took me a long time to understand who actually handled what and when it was appropriate to reach out, but now that I do, I feel good about the system. No one wears nametags, which is good for sterile environments, but I feel bad that I can't communicate with people more personally because I dont know their names. The nurses on a few occasions said they would send me something and they didn't, and in those cases I usually just let it drop, it was never anything totally crucial. But it may be useful to diligently track all the things you need and want and be proactive about asking for them. On one or two occasions, I had to double check some instructions and they were revised after I spoke up. One person on staff, who I am not sure official had a "nurse" title, and now has moved out of town, spent time chatting with me when I didn't feel well after a procedure. That was nice. And god bless who ever cleaned up the blood that I spilled on the floor on more than one occaision.
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
One thing that I have discovered is unique about the clinic is that they allow you to do your procedure with only local anesthesia, rather than general anesthesia. I am a single woman, and this was extremely helpful. You can walk yourself out of a retrieval and take the subway home if you have local. With general you have to find someone to escort you home during the middle of the work day. This was stressful for me as a single person, and the local anesthesia, was totally fine. I think if you have tons of eggs, its not a good option, but I did it with 12 eggs. And I hear some woman did it with 20 (not sure if this is true). We as woman have all experienced worse. And its nice to be able to watch the procedure on the monitor. I also appreciate the clinics aptitude in less medicated cycles and the personal attention you get from the doctors. I wish I had gotten more detailed written instructions directly from the clinic about what to expect and what steps I could take to help/hurt at home. I ended up spending a lot of time googling around my appointments as many of us probably do. And trying to interpret results and answer my own questions. I guess I could have just asked, but I am shy about asking. I don't know what other clinics are like, but a number of the rooms are small and not a lot of places to put your stuff. They are doing an expansion into another part of the building, so I guess that will change. I love that they have a Japanese bidet in the bathroom. That is a great touch. And I think the nurses and finance team do a really good job of handling the insurance and prescriptions. They fought for coverage on a few things for me, and knew where I would get the best prices on meds, and I always felt like those two things were being handled in a way that I didn't have to think about them. Ultimately, I felt like this clinic is more affordable than the places I got quoted in my process of choosing. I had to watch the billing department and correct at least one mistake. And when I am done with my treatments I will go line by line through the charges, but overall, the costs were lower than I thought they would be. I felt like I had two issues in the hand-off between doctors. When Dr Nejat was on vacation, and my third IVF cycle was starting, I got instructions to start with a protocol that I had used in my 2nd IVF, even though that protocol was less successful than my 1st IVF. They immediately alter the protocol when I brought it up, but in that moment, I had to be an advocate for my own treatment and remember the conversation I had had with Dr. Nejat after the dip in success. During this same 3rd IVF cycle, I also saw a rapid drop in estrogen on a day when Dr. Nejat was out. After monitoring, Dr. Luk called me back in to do a retrieval that day, rather than the following morning as it had been scheduled for. I came back in, and we retrieved one immature egg after opening three follicles, and paused and decided that I should come back in the next day and have Dr. Nejat retrieve the rest. So I had to do two retrievals back to back, which was not fun, but ultimately this cycle produced the only normal embryo that I've gotten so far. Not sure if we would have had the same result if Dr. Nejat had been doing the monitoring day, but perhaps. The clinic expanded its monitoring hours, which really helped my schedule. If you are starting your fertility journey, I think it's important that you track your own care and advocate for yourself at all times. There are so many people involved in your care and so many details that no clinic can be 110% on everything. I have thought about whether I should try another clinic, but I just had a good feeling the first time I walked in the door, and I do a lot of things on instinct. I think this clinic was able to quickly find a path that was smart for my treatment, and I feel like I'm in the right place.
Monitoring is a well-oiled machine. Only on a few occasions did I have to wait too long. The receptionist can tell you there are times that are busier than others, so I would suggest asking if you need to be in and out.
$1,600 for IUI, $4,000 FET, about $5000-$6000 for IVF retrieval cycle.
Describe Edward Nejat's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Generation Next Fertility.
We only had one normal embryo to transfer, so this was not a specific conversation we had at the time of transfer, but I do believe with PGS testing, Dr. Nejat does prefer to transfer one embryo. He is willing to consider transferring mosaic and some abnormal embryos. And in those cases, I believe he is willing to transfer multiple. He did make it clear to me early that my wish for twins was probably something I should get over because of the medical risks. Advice taken.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Generation Next Fertility.
Noted in previous comments.

1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained, Other
Strengths: Intelligent, funny, compassionate, great listener and [Dr. Nejat was] willing to share information that other doctors did not. Areas of improvement: willing to listen to other treatment options and other therapies for older patients. ... I was on more of a natural cycle because of my age and the likelihood of NOT producing enough eggs with higher drug doses. I started researching agonists and other protocols, but Dr. Nejat did not want to try those, even with my age related in fertility and being on the lower end of being able to conceive, but was not told why they were off the table for me.
I did not want to talk to anyone [at Generation Next Fertility] about PSG as me and my spouse decided not to use it, but we were scheduled to speak with a genetic counselor for that very procedure for our one embryo. It was awkward to tell them, we did not want this procedure and never scheduled an appointment with them. ... I think that getting the money before you go in is better than after, and there needs to be a specific area devoted to paying that is not out in the open where others are checking in. The clinic needs air conditioner in all the rooms. it was stifling in the office spaces and small. Also, cleaner bathrooms!! ...
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Generation Next Fertility?
Strengths: Intelligent, funny, compassionate, great listener and willing to share information that other doctors did not. Areas of improvement: willing to listen to other treatment options and other therapies for older patients. Let patient know ahead of time if he is not going to be in for your appointments.
Just have questions ready to ask. Be clear on what you want to do and take notes on what Dr. Nejat is telling you. Sometimes there was a mix up on information told and what happened, but it did not affect treatment.
Dr. Nejat is warm and welcoming. He talks to you like you are his family. No matter what the outcome, he is approachable and engaged. I never felt like he was ready to move on with another patient, even though there were other patients waiting. Anytime I email him or the nurses, I get responses in a good amount of time. It is just human nature to want to feel important when you are paying for such a high priced service. It is Dr. Nejat's nature to treat you like the VIP you are.
Nurses were amazing and thorough. I know it is hard to remember names of every patient, but they remembered a lot of them. The nursing staff made me feel welcome and part of the family. They are the reason I stayed and keep going back there to figure this out.
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
I think the previous setup was bad, but the new office space is more inviting and welcoming and does not feel like you are sharing all your information with the world. I think that getting the money before you go in is better than after, and there needs to be a specific area devoted to paying that is not out in the open where others are checking in. The clinic needs air conditioner in all the rooms. it was stifling in the office spaces and small. Also, cleaner bathrooms!!
It was like a cattle call with all the patients in a small waiting area. I could wait 15 minutes or 40 mins, it just depended on who was available to monitor us. This could use some adjustments.
Insurance paid the most of the procedure. I paid for visit $50 a visit
Only harvested one egg.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Generation Next Fertility.
I did not want to talk to anyone about PSG as me and my spouse decided not to use it, but we were scheduled to speak with a genetic counselor for that very procedure for our one embryo. It was awkward to tell them, we did not want this procedure and never scheduled an appointment with them.

2019 - 2020
[Dr. Nejat has a] Friendly and pleasant enough demeanour, but always felt like he was purely going through the motions necessary to extract as much money from my insurance company as possible...His entire vibe gave me the impression of style over substance. Didn’t take time to do any real investigation / deep diagnosis — felt like he was just ticking boxes of what was needed for insurance company to approve further treatment. Didn’t know my individual case from one appointment to the next. Could never provide definitive information, even when asked directly. Didn’t seem in any way motivated to investigate further. Unfortunately dishonest — i discovered several issues in my medical records noted that he discussed specific things with me that he definitely did not. Confirmed for me that he avoided sensitive topics & discussing issues openly and honestly that might have impacted my decision to proceed with treatment.
Felt like they [staff at Generation Next Fertility] were quickly going through the motions necessary to extract as much money as possible from insurance, rather than investigate, do a deep diagnosis in order to provide effective personalized treatment...I only met with one young nurse when i requested instructions for administering a Pregnyl injection. All other staff were Medical Assistants + a couple of Sonographers. They were all very kind, helpful and pleasant.
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Generation Next Fertility?
Friendly and pleasant enough demeanour, but always felt like he was purely going through the motions necessary to extract as much money from my insurance company as possible. FYI - He is a partner in this practice so directly profits. His entire vibe gave me the impression of style over substance. Didn’t take time to do any real investigation / deep diagnosis — felt like he was just ticking boxes of what was needed for insurance company to approve further treatment. Didn’t know my individual case from one appointment to the next. Could never provide definitive information, even when asked directly. Didn’t seem in any way motivated to investigate further. Unfortunately dishonest — i discovered several issues in my medical records noted that he discussed specific things with me that he definitely did not. Confirmed for me that he avoided sensitive topics & discussing issues openly and honestly that might have impacted my decision to proceed with treatment.
You deserve more than pleasantries and non-answers. Don’t waste your precious time. Go elsewhere.
Felt like they were quickly going through the motions necessary to extract as much money as possible from insurance, rather than investigate, do a deep diagnosis in order to provide effective personalized treatment.
FYI at my initial appt Dr Nejat actually asked his intern what my insurance was before suggesting any strategy/protocol, which was very off-putting. After he very casually reviewed my results and information i provided to his intern, he then recommended proceeding to IUI. I declined, as i wanted to try to determine if i was definitely ovulating first and foremost – since my previous few cycles had been somewhat fluctuating in length. I made it clear that my Husband and i were only interested in timed intercourse at first, which Dr Nejat didn’t challenge. But, i could tell he immediately lost interest right there. Especially when i explained my Husband and i had no interest whatsoever in IVF at this point (even though my insurance covers it) since there were no clear reasons why we would need it. We proceeded with bloodwork and ultrasounds which led to clear instructions for when to time intercourse. This was unsuccessful. When i tried to determine if i definitely ovulated Dr Nejat told me he ‘thought so’. Seemed very blasé about everything. Told me i had what’s called ‘Unexplained Infertility’. Not motivated whatsoever to investigate further. The only thing both Dr and staff wanted to know is what kind of cycle we wanted to do next. We then decided to proceed with a ‘natural’ IUI but were advised a Pregnyl injection would be needed to induce ovulation at a suitable time for IUI procedure to be performed. After bloodwork and ultrasound on the Saturday morning I was instructed to inject that night at midnight, with an IUI scheduled for following Monday afternoon. This i feel was badly timed. I remember telling my Husband on the Monday morning i felt like i had maybe already ovulated, and i was right. I told him a few weeks later i felt my period was about to arrive, and it did! IUI was unsuccessful. In hindsight, i should’ve trusted my instincts and cancelled the IUI. I am now trusting my instincts and seeking treatment elsewhere.
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
Strengths: Bright, clean and modern facility. Efficient bloodwork results (same day) w/ access to a patient portal, can easily view all results. Weaknesses: Too many reception staff / interns. Very disjointed experience. Disorganized communication. Resulted in things being missed and obvious errors. Reception/clinic staff are very young and seem like rotating interns. Not much interest here in your personal case / getting to the root of your issue. Purely seem to be going through the motions to maximize profits.
They were in-network with my insurance company so most was covered at 80%, but co-pays still added up to quite a bit. They billed co-pays sporadically. So far we have paid around $500 for one timed intercourse cycle and one IUI. The genetic testing that Dr Nejat reco’d. Our insurance didn’t cover the Pregnyl injection which was around $130 out-of-pocket. We are still awaiting final bill for IUI co-pay.
East Side

She [Dr. Luk] would dive into the ultrasound after a very short small talk, count and measure follicles, mostly speaking to herself and then ask me to come back the next day for monitoring. I would always feel like I was taking too much of her time if I was asking too many questions. When she would take time to answer, I would feel a little rushed and not totally satisfied...she had difficulty communicating effectively and comes across as all over the place. I wold really have to educate myself, prepare questions in order to get a sense of how it was going.
The nursing staff [at Generation Next Fertility] was very friendly. I never had any issues...Monitoring would run from 7.30 to 10.30am. The sooner you would arrive, the sooner you would be out... I never had issues with billing or getting instructions late. They would be very prompt to call me and send me an email after each monitoring to update me on next steps. Whenever I had additional questions, they would make sure Dr Luk would get back to me asap. I would always be in and out without any issues.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
Dr Luk is knowledgeable, friendly and I believe she wanted me to be successful. I felt like most of the time, she had difficulty communicating effectively and comes across as all over the place. I wold really have to educate myself, prepare questions in order to get a sense of how it was going. The first time, she didn't perform the egg retrieval herself which had not been communicated clearly either; It was really disappointing. I would be able to talk to her whenever I was asking for it. Sadly, most of our interactions felt rushed as if she had some place else to be. I don't feel like it was on purpose though. One other thing I should mention is that on a couple of occasions, dr Luk asked me if I was covered by my insurance which led me to believe that she was making a decision for my treatment based on this information; It could go either way for me: since the egg count wasn't the best, maybe she would have cancelled the cycle and wait for another one if I wasn't covered. this is just my guess but I felt like since I was covered, she did continue, regardless of the outcome and chances of success.
I would really make sure I know enough about the subtleties of the process in order to be able to ask the right questions, at the right time. She will be able to walk you through the very generic steps of the process. As soon as it becomes a bit technical, you will have to press her for questions to understand the details. If you don't ask, you won't get it from her. I wish I had been more brave to repeat questions when it wasn't clear and demanded more time so she can walk me through her thought process.
Although Dr Luk was very dynamic and always nice during our appointments, it was very difficult to get all the details relative to my treatment. I really had to come prepared with all the questions so I can get information. She would dive into the ultrasound after a very short small talk, count and measure follicles, mostly speaking to herself and then ask me to come back the next day for monitoring. I would always feel like I was taking too much of her time if I was asking too many questions. When she would take time to answer, I would feel a little rushed and not totally satisfied. Most of what I know is from the internet unfortunately. Based on that knowledge, I would be able to ask questions. Without that, I would still be clueless and at the mercy of what she had decided. After the first cycle, I already had that sentiment but I decided to stick with her since she had the history. I think she knows what she's doing but doesn't go deep enough with each patient (or at least with me).
I went through 2 egg freezing cycles. The particularity is that on the 1st cycle, I asked not to have vaginal ultrasound as I never had sexual intercourse. She was really accommodating and we went blind. I was on Gonal F 150 units, Menopur 75 IU, Ganirelix and Ovidrel. The other RE from the clinic retrieved 10 follicles and they froze 6. On the 2nd cycle, she basically doubled the dosage. She was able to perform vaginal ultrasound to monitor follicles, I was on Gonal F 300 units and Menopur 150 IU. We only retrieved 3 follicles and 2 eggs were frozen (with one being put in culture to mature. The last one was empty).
The nursing staff was very friendly. I never had any issues. Dr Luk would always be the one performing the ultrasounds. On day, she was running late so I had to go with a nurse. As I was not very comfortable with the ultrasound, I mentioned it to her and she was very thoughtful and took all precautions so I could be as comfortable as possible.
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
The clinic is rather small but warm and clean. They run a very tight process. I never had issues with billing or getting instructions late. They would be very prompt to call me and send me an email after each monitoring to update me on next steps. Whenever I had additional questions, they would make sure Dr Luk would get back to me asap. I would always be in and out without any issues. They were very familiar with my insurance so this made the process very smooth for me. The only thing I could say is that once the cycles were over, i wish I had a closing interview with the doctor to understand what went well and what did not. I had to request it this time around and again have all the questions ready. If not, I would just have had a dry email to tell me how many eggs retrieved and frozen, the nurse contacting me the day of and 1 day after a the retrieval to see if I was doing ok (which is a nice touch). But no post mortem. I know that I am 38 and that I am not going to get 25 eggs but there was no specific diagnosis (DOR) or anything else. i wish i had been given more details.
Monitoring would run from 7.30 to 10.30am. The sooner you would arrive, the sooner you would be out. It was very convenient since i was able to arrive early and go straight to work. It felt like it was a fair process; You would get in for your blood work, then go back to the waiting room before they would call for your ultrasound. On the days when I felt brave and would arrive at 7.30, the whole process would only take 30min.
I paid around 2K$ for the medication and my insurance covered the other fees.

4 IUI, 6 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Luk has been honest and straightforward about IVF process for my age and health. She is conservative and cautious. She does not create false hope but rather matter of fact. She listened to my needs and adjusted IVF protocol for me. She never forced anything I did not desire.... I didn't get to see her except for initial consultation but I was assured that she was commanding every step away. She tries not to over promise and willing to accomodate your needs and recommendations.
Efficient settings with staff assigned with specific responsibilities. Reception desk [at Generation Next Fertility] might need a little bit more improvement with welcoming atmosphere and warm greetings. They tend to be too dry and appear unfriendly as they all seem to be busy with other things while sitting in reception desk....First come, first served during monitoring time. Otherwise, specific schedule outside of the monitoring time but only until early afternoon by 2:30 due to staff schedule.
4 IUI, 6 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
Dr. Luk listens and discuss openly during the course of IVF. I didn't get to see her except for initial consultation but I was assured that she was commanding every step away. She tries not to over promise and willing to accomodate your needs and recommendations.
Be prepared and understand what IVF is about including time period, medications, tests required, etc. Dr. Luk doesnt go over every details but there are a lot of resources available to educate yourself before going into IVF.
Clomid or Letrozol w/ Gonal F, then cetrotide. Mine is mild IVF stimulation
Rather dry but they are very responsive over the phone or email inquiry.
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
Efficient settings with staff assigned with specific responsibilities. Reception desk might need a little bit more improvement with welcoming atmosphere and warm greetings. They tend to be too dry and appear unfriendly as they all seem to be busy with other things while sitting in reception desk.
Around 10k including medications.
Dr. Luk leaves it up to patient to choose. We chose single embryo in our first IVF. I am in our 2nd IVF and we decided to transfer 2 embryos.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Generation Next Fertility.
It was one time Dr. Luk consecutively missed 2 days in a row to discuss test results. After I sent an email, I was able to talk. This teyo of incidents didn't happen again.

6 IVF, 6 Embryo Freezing
Dr. Nejat has a warm and personable bedside manner while maintaining a professional and realistic perspective about my case.... Patients with a diagnosis of diminished ovarian reserve will be given some hope with Dr. Nejat. He and his partner Dr. Luk treat a retrieval of one egg as a victory whereas other clinics/clinicians would have canceled the cycle because the numbers weren't there.
I feel like a human being at Generation Next where my diagnosis is actually being taken into consideration. Don't be deceived by the physical size of the clinic when you come in for a consult. It is a very clean facility, you have the requisite amount of privacy that you need as a patient.... It's a busy practice with what I perceive as a slightly understaffed nursing team...but I have always been met with a friendly, professional and efficient demeanor by every nurse during monitoring days and retrieval.
6 IVF, 6 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Generation Next Fertility?
having diminished ovarian reserve can be an uphill battle. Patients with a diagnosis of diminished ovarian reserve will be given some hope with Dr. Nejat. He and his partner Dr. Luk treat a retrieval of one egg as a victory whereas other clinics/clinicians would have canceled the cycle because the numbers weren't there.
Don't feel intimidated to ask whatever questions or concerns that you might --advocate for yourself. With infertility I don't know if there is a clear answer for every situation but I think Dr. Nejat does his best to answer questions and he does so in person or gives you a call back at the end of the business day.
Low stim protocol starting out with Clomid for a few days and then introducing 75 units of Gonal-F; toward end of cycle either one half or a full syringe of Cetrodtide for less than one handful of days before trigger. ICSI used for one retrieval without success; PICSI used for other cycle retrievals with success.
It's a busy practice with what I perceive as a slightly understaffed nursing team...but I have always been met with a friendly, professional and efficient demeanor by every nurse during monitoring days and retrieval. A benefit that can be had from such a small staff is that you recognize each other. Blood draws are always a smooth and comfortable process. Any follow up questions that I have regarding medications or my chart is met with a relatively quick response by phone/vmail and a message on the Patient Portal.
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
I have previously cycled with a larger IVF clinic that is part of a major hospital system where I felt like a number and protocol was very textbook high dosage stims despite my being told that I have diminished ovarian reserve. I feel like a human being at Generation Next where my diagnosis is actually being taken into consideration. Don't be deceived by the physical size of the clinic when you come in for a consult. It is a very clean facility, you have the requisite amount of privacy that you need as a patient. It is a fast- growing and busy practice with a diverse patient clientele which is encouraging to see. They could probably stand to hire additional nurses and an ultrasound tech just to keep things flowing in order to minimize the wait for ultrasounds.
Monitoring hours go frm 7:30am-10am are busy ...the bloodwork is usually a shorter wait than the ultrasounds and I think they need one more ultrasound tech. I very much appreciate that monitoring hours go until 10am.
East Side

[Dr. Luk] created her practice to create a specialized treatment for patients. I did a mild IVF with her and a 3-day fresh transfer. Neither of which former doctor offers. I retrieved about the same number of eggs as a full IVF with the previous doctor... she immediatly saw the need for mild IVF to not drown the body in meds and to do 3 day since embroyo might do better in body than lab..Takes the time to explain her methodology and think outside the box. You are not a number like at my old clinic. She specializes in the protocol per each patient. There is no one sizes fits all which was common in other practices. Every question was answered, every fear relieved.
Staff [at Generation Next Fertility] was pleasant and efficient. All appointments were quick and minimal waiting time...Dr. Nejat performs all the retrievals and transfers and was very nice and calming during the procedures. I felt very confident in both of these doctors. Would highly recommend...The nursing staff was great. Monitoring hours were also good. A long period to come in. I never waited more than 20 minutes. They also provide a variety of iced coffee and tea.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
Dr. Luk created her practice to create a specialized treatment for patients. I did a mild IVF with her and a 3-day fresh transfer. Neither of which former doctor offers. I retrieved about the same number of eggs as a full IVF with the previous doctor. Her partner, Dr. Nejat performs all the retrievals and transfers and was very nice and calming during the procedures. I felt very confident in both of these doctors. Would highly recommend.
Don't delay - set up a consultation. So happy I did!
Dr Luk, Takes the time to explain her methodology and think outside the box. You are not a number like at my old clinic. She specializes in the protocol per each patient. There is no one sizes fits all which was common in other practices. Every question was answered, every fear relieved.
We set up a mild IVF (with estrogen priming) with a 3 day transfer. At my previous doctor we did full IVF with planned frozen 5 day transfer. 1st doctor, we did retrival. 5 eggs. 4 to day 3 but they did not grow beyond this. This doctor was only going to add estrogen. Not change the protocol. With Dr. Luk, she immediatly saw the need for mild IVF to not drown the body in meds and to do 3 day since embroyo might do better in body than lab.
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
Staff was pleasant and efficient. All appointments were quick and minimal waiting time. Based on previous doctor there was a lot less paper work and pre planning. Meaning, my former doctor printed a schedule for me to follow which was reassuring. Dr Luk doesnt do that since she says things can change at any moment and I don't want you stuck on a day when something ' should' have happened. This was not a game changer.
Never wait more than 20 minutes. Usually in and out within 15 minutes. Never felt like an overwhelming amount of people waiting.
About 13K. She did not accept my insurance which we knew going into this.
East Side

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
She [Dr. Luk] speaks very quickly which might not work for some. But it works for us. She does try to thorough. She did make herself accessible and seems to have a good pulse on what's happening. She can be blunt which also may not work for some. But it was good for us.... The big thing for us was PICSI... selecting the sperm and putting my girlfriend on suplements. Acai berry powder, Inositol and Coq10. We believe that made a difference in egg and embryo quality. Antagonist protocol.
They [Generation Next Fertility] are tech savvy. Lots of email and portal communication and text messages. It's easy to knows what wrong. They usually answer emails very quickly. The billing seems to get a bit messy and and are sometimes on "automatic" so they miss things. Don't like part of the waiting area. It's like sitting in a long hallway. Not so comfortable.... They scheduled a embryo biopsy by mistake when I expressly put in writing not to do it. I spoke to my doctor and they were quick to correct it with a monetary credit.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
She speaks very quickly which might not work for some. But it works for us. She does try to thorough. She did make herself accessible and seems to have a good pulse on what's happening. She can be blunt which also may not work for some. But it was good for us.
Have all your questions mapped out in a email for her to answer. She covers a lot in person and you may not be able to grasp it all at once. Ask her to repeat things. Some words are not always clearly understood when she speaks. She will make jokes, don't get offended. Take it light.
She took to time to address concerns, asked questions to get to know us and always knows exactly who she is talking to when she contacts us.
Always remember who I am when I come without even looking at the screen. Are always friendly and have smiles. If there is something amiss or misunderstood they act quickly and all are computer savvy and have a good phone presence.
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
They are tech savvy. Lots of email and portal communication and text messages. It's easy to knows what wrong. They usually answer emails very quickly. The billing seems to get a bit messy and and are sometimes on "automatic" so they miss things. Don't like part of the waiting area. It's like sitting in a long hallway. Not so comfortable.
It's definitely a mill, but warm friendly and well organized.
She leaves the choice up to you and gives you a lot of information to make an informed decision. For someone over 40, she does suggest 3 embryos to transfer at once.

Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
[Dr. Luk is] leaving it [Eset preference] up to me...In our first consultation with Dr. Luk, I felt like she was willing to investigate, offer a new approach, and consider my own thoughts on our treatment. She acknowledged how much we'd been through previously...She doesn't sugar coat anything, which I appreciate at this point in my journey (she's our third doctor). I also appreciate that she has something different to offer than other clinics.
mild-stimulation IVF- I've previously done only high doses of stims, so we are just trying something different [at Genereation Next Fertility], with the hope that we may get quality over quantity...The clinic has a modern vibe, and doesn't feel like as much as a medical setting as some others do. Generally, wait times haven't been too bad for monitoring. Be prepared to wait for appointments, things don't always run on schedule. Once you are seen, you'll get the attention you need. Everyone at the reception area has been friendly and easy to communicate with.
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
Dr. Luk is very sharp and knowledgeable, and open to trying things that are somewhat outside of the box. So far, I've found that she has a matter-of-fact, kind & positive approach. I have felt very comfortable, so far, having her perform procedures on me. She doesn't sugar coat anything, which I appreciate at this point in my journey (she's our third doctor). I also appreciate that she has something different to offer than other clinics.
She's very smart, thinks outside the box, and her mind works quickly! She can be a fast talker, but she also takes her time with us and answers all our questions. Make sure to ask questions if something is not clear.
mild-stimulation IVF- I've previously done only high doses of stims, so we are just trying something different, with the hope that we may get quality over quantity.
So far my dealings with the nurses have been very warm & friendly.
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
Wait times have not been too bad. It all seems to be efficiently run. Some days are busier than others.
The minimal stimulation IVF cycle is much less than traditional Ivf cycles. It was under $8000 for the cycle, not including meds.
She's leaving it up to me.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr. Luk always takes the time to explain everything and to answer my questions thoroughly. Dr. Luk and her staff always call with timely phone calls to explain results and for instruction. I also feel that she truly cares and customizes a protocol for myself and other patients... is very good at being informative and setting realistic expectations. With that being said, she is very compassionate and hopeful in her outlook. She is a great communicator and is very accessible whether by phone or email.
My FSH jumped up very quickly so medications were discontinued. This cycle [at Generation Next Fertility] turned into a natural IVF cycle...The nurses are very caring and communicate very well. They are constantly calling and emailing with results and to inform me of what to do next...There is always a wait, but the monitoring is done very smoothly. I can always count on being done within an hour of arrival
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
Dr. Luk is very good at being informative and setting realistic expectations. With that being said, she is very compassionate and hopeful in her outlook. She is a great communicator and is very accessible whether by phone or email.
To make sure to ask as many questions as you need
Cycle 1) Gonal F only as we started late in my cycle due to travel. It turned into a natural IVF cycle. My antral follicle count is low and she was able to retrieve one egg that went on to become a 5 day embryo (5AB) and frozen Cycle 2) Estrogen patch primed for 4 days (one patch for every 3 days) Then half a pill of Clomid and Gonal F 75. My FSH jumped up very quickly so medications were discontinued. This cycle turned into a natural IVF cycle
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
The clinic is very clean and organized. The set up with the reception/waiting area is unique but doesn't detract from the overall effectiveness of the practice. The labs seem to operate very quickly and accurately
A natural cycle IVF is $4800 self pay. If you have insurance it covers the monitoring, if not then that is $1000/cycle

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. Nejat has an impeccable bedside manner. He seems to remember the small details about you and always makes your questions feel welcome and thoughtfully answered...He was very diligent at tracking and changing the course of my IUI as needed (e.g., he allowed us to come in early for the insemination procedure after addressing my concerns regarding the time between the Ovidrel trigger shot and the procedure
[Generation Next Fertility] Scheduling abilities and easily accessible monitoring hours on weekday mornings and Saturdays, however the first-come-first serve nature of this lends itself to lengthy wait times...The online portal with blood and ultrasound results makes it easy and quick to get results and is extremely helpful...nursing staff were pleasant enough and called back within 2-hours if I had questions.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Generation Next Fertility?
Dr. Nejat is a fantastic doctor. He was very diligent at tracking and changing the course of my IUI as needed (e.g., he allowed us to come in early for the insemination procedure after addressing my concerns regarding the time between the Ovidrel trigger shot and the procedure, and he also explained the timeframe for the egg traveling down the fallopian tube to help me understand the timing). For my most recent consultation regarding IVF, he thoughtfully went through the expected process including showing us a slide show of egg development and hatching. He offered multiple breaks in this discussion for us to ask questions and to check we understood everything. He is generally a warm and empathic doctor! I have recommended him to a friend who now sees him also.
If you have to wait to begin as one of his patients he is well worth the wait.
We stimulated with 50mg of Clomid, rather than a higher dose as I usually ovulate on my own. We used Ovidrel to trigger ovulation at day 14 based on the size of two follicles (both 19mm) and slight indication on blood work that my LH levels were rising. Although not standard practice at his clinic, he offered us two inseminations in response to my request (we ended up only going with one).
Nursing staff were pleasant enough and called back within 2-hours if I had questions. The one who gave the trigger shot in office seemed a little hesitant, like she may have been new at this.
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
Scheduling abilities and easily accessible monitoring hours on weekday mornings and Saturdays, however the first-come-first serve nature of this lends itself to lengthy wait times. Also, it's impressive that you can make a consultation appt with Dr. Nejat within one week timeframe even though he is a busy doctor. The online portal with blood and ultrasound results makes it easy and quick to get results and is extremely helpful for tracking what happened if you have treatment over multiple cycles.
Other than a copay of $40 for each visit including monitoring and $88 for Ovidrel shot (which was cheaper than the pharmacy, Freedom Pharmacy, that they send prescriptions to), costs were covered by my insurance
No comments
East Side

Janelle took lots of time to explain the IVF process as related to a person like me, who is a carrier of a genetic disease. She answered all of my questions in a way I could easily understand. She also personally saw that I was connected with the lab that is completing my PGS...I would say that she almost seemed too excited to work with me, based on my Fragile X carrier status...Janelle is incredibly knowledgeable. She has a lot of experience and made me feel very comfortable.
It's a beautiful facility [Generation Next Fertility] very close to train access..I would only recommend going there if you need a specialist in genetic factors. The office itself is very welcoming. The rooms feel private and the furniture is very comfy. All the suites are decked out with large screens so you can see what's happening during your sono....[nurses] Very kind! They have an excellent demeanor and they are all very knowledgeable
European, Middle Eastern
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
Janelle is incredibly knowledgeable. She has a lot of experience and made me feel very comfortable. I would say that she almost seemed too excited to work with me, based on my Fragile X carrier status. It almost felt like I was going to be a fun experiment, but as we continued to work together it appeared that she's just really into what she does. That's who I want as my doctor. Someone who loves what they do and knows how to do it well.
She talks VERY fast. If you don't understand something, just ask her to slow down and explain it again.
Very kind! They have an excellent demeanor and they are all very knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
It's a beautiful facility very close to train access. For me, personally, it's a bit far from home in Brooklyn. I would only recommend going there if you need a specialist in genetic factors. The office itself is very welcoming. The rooms feel private and the furniture is very comfy. All the suites are decked out with large screens so you can see what's happening during your sono.
Conventional IVF 13,000 Anesthesia 500 Meds $1,000+ Monitoring $1000 PGD Testing $2000 Egg Freezing $2000
She decided what was best based on the odds of my genetic situation. I went with her opinion because she provided strong rationale.
East Side

The clinic [Generation Next Fertility] is small and intimate. As a commuter to NYC, it was difficult to get clear explanations on the schedule to come in. I tried to get them to provide advance notice if I would need back to back appointments, so that I could make plans to stay in the city. I had to remind them several times and it wasn't always communicated.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
As I said before, Dr. Luk is available and present for the majority of appointments. You have the opportunity to get comfortable with her. I believe she truly wants you to be successful in your treatment and happy with your experience with her practice. She talks fast, but she is responsive to questions. I believe she is extremely intelligent, but sometimes has difficulty communicating effectively and comes across "scattered". On a few occasions I felt she didn't look over my chart to refresh her memory as to what was going on with me.
Ask her to repeat or clarify information if you do not understand.
Dr. Luk tries to see every patient throughout the cycle, including the monitoring process. She makes sure your questions get answered by the nurse or she will call you herself.
Protocol Type: ART - Antagonist Suppression Meds: Gonal F - 300iu; Menopur 75iu for 7 days and 150iu for last 5 days. Added Ganerelix on day 8-12. Ovidrel Trigger. Results: Retrieved 5 eggs, fertilized 4 and 2 made it to blastocysts. After PGS testing 0 for transfer.
Friendly. Dr. Luk made sure her team was respectful to patients.
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
The clinic is small and intimate. As a commuter to NYC, it was difficult to get clear explanations on the schedule to come in. I tried to get them to provide advance notice if I would need back to back appointments, so that I could make plans to stay in the city. I had to remind them several times and it wasn't always communicated.
Monitoring hours lasted until 9:30, I appreciated this as a commuter.
I explored many clinics and Generation Next seemed to be the most reasonable.
East Side

DR. Luk's unique, low medication approach coupled with the individualized treatment plan got me pregnant in one transfer!...R. LUK is driven to find and fix each individual patients needs...was always very attentive to me. She changed my treatment plan every month according to my blood levels...Dr. Luk was always available for questions...We only used injectables just a few days before retrieval to make sure premature ovulation didn't occur
The nurses [at Generation Next Fertility] working with Dr. Janelle Luk were great...They were great at drawing blood (no bruising) and they were great at answering question and making sure I was always well taken care of...They remembered my name...We only used injectables just a few days before retrieval to make sure premature ovulation didn't occur...beautifully remodeled and located in Midtown Manhattan at a super convenient location.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
Dr. Luk at Generation Next Fertility clinic on 115 East 57th Street is simply the best RE in the world. I've been to 9 different high profile IVF centers. None of them could help me and they all recommended donor eggs. DR. Luk's unique, low medication approach coupled with the individualized treatment plan got me pregnant in one transfer! She is truly the best doctor I've ever come across in my life. All the other clinics have a 'one size fits all' treatment plan but DR. LUK is driven to find and fix each individual patients needs. She is amazing, super smart and down to Earth. Thank you Dr. Luk!
Listen to her advice and don't try to outsmart her. She really knows what she is doing.
Dr. Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility was always very attentive to me. She changed my treatment plan every month according to my blood levels. All other clinics just repeated the same protocols over and over. Dr. Luk was always available for questions. At other clinics, I had to wait weeks sometimes to get a face to face with a doctor. Dr. Luk is simply the best.
The nurses working with Dr. Janelle Luk were great. They remembered my name, didn't treat me like cattle like they usually do at the big clinics. They were great at drawing blood (no bruising) and they were great at answering question and making sure I was always well taken care of.
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
Generation Next Fertility is beautifully remodeled and located in Midtown Manhattan at a super convenient location.
100%. Covered by insurance

3 IUI, 2 Egg Freezing
Dr. Nejat communicated with me during every step of my cycle. I knew what the plan was, and if it changed, why we were changing it. I’ve been to 4 clinics before this one, and never felt like the RE knew who I was, Dr. Nejat knows who I am & I am a patient who lives & monitors out of state. He’s one of the best Doctors I’ve ever had...He answers questions immediately & is willing to tweak the protocol based on ongoing bloodwork results. I always felt he was up front & honest, yet supportive and caring.
Any questions asked via email or voice message was immediately answered [by the staff at Generation Next Fertility]. All results went into my portal. All instructions about what to take & when were left on VM AND emailed. Communication could nit have been clearer or quicker. This is THE BEST experience I’ve had in the 4 clinics I’ve been to...Their communication skills & organization are UNMATCHED. They answer the phone, they promptly and thoroughly answer emails, they do what they say they are going to do & do it when they say they will. It’s been a REFRESHING experience. They should train all other fertility clinics in the US how torun a terrific office. This is the first time I’ve had 0 stress doing fertility because they are so on top of everything!!
3 IUI, 2 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Generation Next Fertility?
His communication skills are top notch. He answers questions immediately & is willing to tweak the protocol based on ongoing bloodwork results. I always felt he was up front & honest, yet supportive and caring.
Trust the process.
I tried natural IVF where I only did a trigger shot & retrieval. Best results I’ve ever had in 2 yrs of IVF. I have 3 frozen embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Generation Next Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nandy)
Any questions asked via email or voice message was immediately answered. All results went into my portal. All instructions about what to take & when were left on VM AND emailed. Communication could nit have been clearer or quicker. This is THE BEST experience I’ve had in the 4 clinics I’ve been to.
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
Insurance covered most of it
East Side

The strenthgs are that she [Dr. Luk] is extremely qualified and extremely professional. The downside is that sometimes you don't always have a clear picture of what the journey is going to be. For example, I didn't exactly know long the IVF cycle is, when it starts before I went ahead and booked a couple of days abroad. I wish I had known what the plan was going to be for the next couple of weeks upfront so I could plan my trip better.
The clinic [Generation Next Fertility] itself is nice and offers a great environment. It can get really busy during Day 2 testing hours, but they have expanded the hours to accommodate for working schedules. They also offer support groups with is a really nice personal touch.... [nursing staff] Extremely friendly and caring. Very pleasant and they treat as if your their friend.... I think the doctor attempts to be as human as possible but seems like the fertility clinics in NYC are absolutely rammed
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
The strenthgs are that she is extremely qualified and extremely professional. The downside is that sometimes you don't always have a clear picture of what the journey is going to be. For example, I didn't exactly know long the IVF cycle is, when it starts before I went ahead and booked a couple of days abroad. I wish I had known what the plan was going to be for the next couple of weeks upfront so I could plan my trip better.
she's great, just make sure you make the time to proactively ask questions your not clear of, even if they feel trivial.
I think the doctor attempts to be as human as possible but seems like the fertility clinics in NYC are absolutely rammed all the time which puts pressure on time spent with each patient. I'm don't think they are intentionally trying to get through as many patients as possible but it can feel like it at times.
2 Rounds of clomid, followed by a tigger shot with IUI in office
Describe your experience with your nurse at Generation Next Fertility.
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
The clinic itself is nice and offers a great environment. It can get really busy during Day 2 testing hours, but they have expanded the hours to accommodate for working schedules. They also offer support groups with is a really nice personal touch.
Insurance covered IUI treatments

Anovulation, Unexplained
Dr. Nejat treats you like you are the only patient he's ever had, regardless of his busy waiting room. He makes every effort to make each visit personalized and conveys that the patient/doctor relationship is of utmost importance to him. He answered emails as late as 11pm, shortly after I would email him at 10pm. He is extremely accessible, caring and accommodating.... Dr. Nejat is fully invested in his patient's fertility journey. He is what all doctors should be in terms of compassion, empathy and bedside manner. He never rushes you out even though he is very busy. He is thoughtful, accessible and highly intelligent. Conversations with him are a two way street. While he values the patient's input, he was adamant about specific topics that he knows best.
It [Generation Next Fertility] is a beautiful, upscale, clean, and well run office. From the front desk to the exam room. They were extremely timely and I was never waiting long. Everybody calls you by your first name there because they make an effort to know each patient personally. I always knew what the next steps were with same day phone calls and a very user friendly iphone app.... Dr. Nejat is fully invested in his patient's fertility journey. He is what all doctors should be in terms of compassion, empathy and bedside manner. He never rushes you out even though he is very busy. He is thoughtful, accessible and highly intelligent. Conversations with him are a two way street. While he values the patient's input, he was adamant about specific topics that he knows best.
Anovulation, Unexplained
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Generation Next Fertility?
Dr. Nejat is fully invested in his patient's fertility journey. He is what all doctors should be in terms of compassion, empathy and bedside manner. He never rushes you out even though he is very busy. He is thoughtful, accessible and highly intelligent. Conversations with him are a two way street. While he values the patient's input, he was adamant about specific topics that he knows best. This provided me with the comfort that I had a voice but he was the expert I sought after. He truly cares about his patient's and their success.
Go to him!
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
It is a beautiful, upscale, clean, and well run office. From the front desk to the exam room. They were extremely timely and I was never waiting long. Everybody calls you by your first name there because they make an effort to know each patient personally. I always knew what the next steps were with same day phone calls and a very user friendly iphone app.
East Side

Dr. Nejat is very very sweet. He is a good communicator most of the time. I had 3 appointments with another doctor in the practice one which was my iui and had no idea he wasn’t going to be the one doing that procedure...Be overly communicative and in touch with him or you get lost in the shuffle...emails back promptly any questions/concerns I’ve had...he seems through and knowledgeable.
I had a bad reaction to a antibiotic after an isi [at Generation Next Fertility] and when I told the doctor about the reaction it was blown off...Strengths of the clinic : fast, efficient, kind Weakness of the clinic : very busy and get lost in the shuffle if you aren’t careful...be your own advocate and do your own research...[The nursing staff is] Efficient, clean, nice, fast...It’s definitly a factory (aka a very busy practice) they get you in and out.
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Generation Next Fertility?
Dr. Nejat is very very sweet. He is a good communicator most of the time. I had 3 appointments with another doctor in the practice one which was my iui and had no idea he wasn’t going to be the one doing that procedure. He’s done sis and 2 iui for me and he seems through and knowledgeable.
Be overly communicative and in touch with him or you get lost in the shuffle.
It’s definitly a factory (aka a very busy practice) they get you in and out. He’s very kind and emails back promptly any questions/concerns I’ve had. He is very kind. I still feel like one of many people getting the procedures and not super personal attention.
Estradiol to stimulate lining of uterus. Follistim to stimulate follicles. Clomid to stimulate egg production. Ovidrel to drop the egg before iui
Efficient, clean, nice, fast
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
Strengths of the clinic : fast, efficient, kind Weakness of the clinic : very busy and get lost in the shuffle if you aren’t careful. Anything else for others to know: be your own advocate and do your own research.
Iui was covered by my insurance as was the medications. I haven’t done ivf but that won’t be covered.
Don’t know never did this
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Generation Next Fertility.
I had a bad reaction to a antibiotic after an isi and when I told the doctor about the reaction it was blown off.

IUI, 3 IVF
she [Dr. Janelle Luk] adjusted my protocol as necessary...She asked questions. I asked mine. She listened. She was very frank but compassionate about my needs. She would offer suggestions that she thinks would help me but left me and my partner to decide... is frank. She goes straight to the problem and offers suggestions on how to proceed. She gives explanation to every questions asked and draws them on paper if needed. She is on top of things and is very supportive to any outcomes.
The fact that they [Generation Next Fertility] start their monitoring hours very early is a huge plus. I go there first thing then go to work afterwards...It’s a small clinic but with that you know that they are really focused on each patient once you’re inside. Eventually they would need a bigger space to accommodate more patients coming in. The clinic itself is very clean which I believe what everybody wants to see initially...[nurses are] Very caring and professional. I have never been to a clinic more welcomely treated than here. They supervised me with the protocols given. Phone calls were immediately answered or returned as soon as possible.
IUI, 3 IVF
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
As I mentioned Dr Luk is frank. She goes straight to the problem and offers suggestions on how to proceed. She gives explanation to every questions asked and draws them on paper if needed. She is on top of things and is very supportive to any outcomes.
Be ready with your questions and listen to her advise.
Suffice it to say that she adjusted my protocol as necessary.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Generation Next Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Alyssa, Jen, Juany)
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
The fact that they start their monitoring hours very early is a huge plus. I go there first thing then go to work afterwards.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
before seeing Dr Nejat, I have failed about 10 IUI at another clinic. I transferred to Dr. Nejat and planed to have mini-IVF. Luckily, we got a success in first IUI before mini-IVF. While the other clinic is ok, my experience with Dr Nejat was very relaxing. He gained my full trust in short time. I believe the trust and relax played a big role in our success. Dr. Nejat has impeccable bedside manner, full attention on my situation and feelings. He really cares.
[Generation Next Fertility provides] care as a family; undivided attention; impeccable bedside manner; kindness and respect...nursing staff here are mostly very nice and sympathetic. However, there is one or two person either cold-face or don't care enough...strengths: it offers mini-ivf; calm environment; clean and beautiful; organized; friendly and efficient front desk; friendly stuff good location weakness: busy for the morning monitoring hours
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Generation Next Fertility?
you will feel the respect, kindness when you start to work with him. Trust comes naturally.
plan one IUI, if failed, start mini-IVF
East Side

Najat was so personable and was excited by the smaller wins opposed to disappointed by them. It felt good to have someone celebrate even the slightest of wins as progress...He gave us hope, practical hope, but hope none the less. He was highly recommended by my fertility acupuncturist. His approach was vastly different which I liked.... He watched my cycle until he saw the follicles growing on their own. It's called Slow IVF.
The strength [of Generation Next Fertility] is the size. You definitely do not feel like a number. I wished they were more on top of the next steps during retrieval. Make sure you have all of your paperwork and info in so your cycle does not get cancelled.... [Cost Of Treatment] Minimal because I never made it to retrieval. I think $300 in total. My company covered 90% of it.... I started ovulating earlier than expected and still had to transfer my husband's sperm
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Generation Next Fertility?
I came to Najat after 2 failed cycles at a different clinic. He gave us hope, practical hope, but hope none the less. He was highly recommended by my fertility acupuncturist. His approach was vastly different which I liked.
Ask all of the questions. He doesn't go into the science that much.
He watched my cycle until he saw the follicles growing on their own. It's called Slow IVF. I never actually took any meds, although I would have take a trigger shot if I made it retrieval.
They were fine. Efficient and quick.
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
The strength is the size. You definitely do not feel like a number. I wished they were more on top of the next steps during retrieval. Make sure you have all of your paperwork and info in so your cycle does not get cancelled.
Slow IVF.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Generation Next Fertility.
I started ovulating earlier than expected and still had to transfer my husband's sperm. There was no way to get the sperm there on time, so I had to cancel the cycle.
East Side

You will love her [Dr. Luk] and all the knowledge she has to share...practices a holistic approach in her protocols. I used cetrotide to control ovulation and 2 days of a very low dosage of Gonal-F and Ovidrel to trigger... Since the first day my husband and I met with her we knew that she was the doctor we wanted to continue with. Her knowledge on my condition of DOR was like no other doctor I have been too. I could tell how sincere she was in wanting to help us. Under her care we feel safe and hopefully.
Every time I walk into the clinic [Generation Next Fertility] I am welcomed by friendly and helpful staff. As I walk toward the counter to check in they don’t even ask my name because they already know me. That makes me feel respected as a human...[Nursing staff is] Friendly and caring. Always willing to answer any questions...Monitoring appointment are in the early morning hours so I was able to go in before work which worked out perfect. 7:30am-9:30am Mon-Sat
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
Dr. Luk is amazing. Since the first day my husband and I met with her we knew that she was the doctor we wanted to continue with. Her knowledge on my condition of DOR was like no other doctor I have been too. I could tell how sincere she was in wanting to help us. Under her care we feel safe and hopefully.
You will love her and all the knowledge she has to share.
Every time I walk into the clinic I am welcomed by friendly and helpful staff. As I walk toward the counter to check in they don’t even ask my name because they already know me. That makes me feel respected as a human.
Dr. Luk practices a holistic approach in her protocols. I used cetrotide to control ovulation and 2 days of a very low dosage of Gonal-F and Ovidrel to trigger.
Friendly and caring. Always willing to answer any questions.
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
The clinic is equipped with everything needed under one roof. It is always well maintained and very clean. Everyone is always willing to help and answer questions. I always feel extremely comfortable.
My insurance covered all cost so I’m not sure.
East Side

Dr Nejat took the time to understand our situation and weigh the pros and cons of different treatment options, including cost, medical outcomes and how we would like to build our family.... He made recommendations while also allowing room for us to make decisions about how we'd like to proceed at each step. He answered all of our questions with patience and always remembered that as as same-sex couple we have different considerations than straight couples.
The practice [Generation Next Fertility] is relatively new so sometimes it feels that they are still working out the kinks. I have seen this improve each month so I feel confident it will continue to improve. You may have to manage communication proactively by calling and asking to speak to a nurse or doctor as they are not always responsive on email or in their portal.... Overall my experience was good, but I sometimes had to clarify instructions about when to take certain medications as the instructions were confusing.
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Generation Next Fertility?
We met with a number of other fertility doctors, and Dr. Nejat was the only one who took the time to understand our situation and lay out a clear treatment plan. He made recommendations while also allowing room for us to make decisions about how we'd like to proceed at each step. He answered all of our questions with patience and always remembered that as as same-sex couple we have different considerations than straight couples. This was a unique experience. He is compassionate and has a good sense of humor.
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
The practice is relatively new so sometimes it feels that they are still working out the kinks. I have seen this improve each month so I feel confident it will continue to improve. You may have to manage communication proactively by calling and asking to speak to a nurse or doctor as they are not always responsive on email or in their portal.