Generation Next Fertility

Genetic counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing: OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
115 East 57th St
NYC, NY 10022
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Generation Next Fertility to a friend?
2 doctors
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
My FSH jumped up very quickly so medications were discontinued. This cycle [at Generation Next Fertility] turned into a natural IVF cycle...The nurses are very caring and communicate very well. They are constantly calling and emailing with results and to inform me of what to do next...There is always a wait, but the monitoring is done very smoothly. I can always count on being done within an hour of arrival
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
The clinic is very clean and organized. The set up with the reception/waiting area is unique but doesn't detract from the overall effectiveness of the practice. The labs seem to operate very quickly and accurately
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
Dr. Luk always takes the time to explain everything and to answer my questions thoroughly. Dr. Luk and her staff always call with timely phone calls to explain results and for instruction. I also feel that she truly cares and customizes a protocol for myself and other patients.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
Dr. Luk is very good at being informative and setting realistic expectations. With that being said, she is very compassionate and hopeful in her outlook. She is a great communicator and is very accessible whether by phone or email.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
To make sure to ask as many questions as you need
Describe the protocols Janelle Luk used in your cycles at Generation Next Fertility and their degree of success.
Cycle 1) Gonal F only as we started late in my cycle due to travel. It turned into a natural IVF cycle. My antral follicle count is low and she was able to retrieve one egg that went on to become a 5 day embryo (5AB) and frozen Cycle 2) Estrogen patch primed for 4 days (one patch for every 3 days) Then half a pill of Clomid and Gonal F 75. My FSH jumped up very quickly so medications were discontinued. This cycle turned into a natural IVF cycle
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Generation Next Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility.
A natural cycle IVF is $4800 self pay. If you have insurance it covers the monitoring, if not then that is $1000/cycle
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
[Generation Next Fertility] Scheduling abilities and easily accessible monitoring hours on weekday mornings and Saturdays, however the first-come-first serve nature of this lends itself to lengthy wait times...The online portal with blood and ultrasound results makes it easy and quick to get results and is extremely helpful...nursing staff were pleasant enough and called back within 2-hours if I had questions.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
Scheduling abilities and easily accessible monitoring hours on weekday mornings and Saturdays, however the first-come-first serve nature of this lends itself to lengthy wait times. Also, it's impressive that you can make a consultation appt with Dr. Nejat within one week timeframe even though he is a busy doctor. The online portal with blood and ultrasound results makes it easy and quick to get results and is extremely helpful for tracking what happened if you have treatment over multiple cycles.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Edward Nejat at Generation Next Fertility?
Dr. Nejat has an impeccable bedside manner. He seems to remember the small details about you and always makes your questions feel welcome and thoughtfully answered.
Nursing staff were pleasant enough and called back within 2-hours if I had questions. The one who gave the trigger shot in office seemed a little hesitant, like she may have been new at this.
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Generation Next Fertility?
Dr. Nejat is a fantastic doctor. He was very diligent at tracking and changing the course of my IUI as needed (e.g., he allowed us to come in early for the insemination procedure after addressing my concerns regarding the time between the Ovidrel trigger shot and the procedure, and he also explained the timeframe for the egg traveling down the fallopian tube to help me understand the timing). For my most recent consultation regarding IVF, he thoughtfully went through the expected process including showing us a slide show of egg development and hatching. He offered multiple breaks in this discussion for us to ask questions and to check we understood everything. He is generally a warm and empathic doctor! I have recommended him to a friend who now sees him also.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edward Nejat at Generation Next Fertility?
If you have to wait to begin as one of his patients he is well worth the wait.
Describe the protocols Edward Nejat used in your cycles at Generation Next Fertility and their degree of success.
We stimulated with 50mg of Clomid, rather than a higher dose as I usually ovulate on my own. We used Ovidrel to trigger ovulation at day 14 based on the size of two follicles (both 19mm) and slight indication on blood work that my LH levels were rising. Although not standard practice at his clinic, he offered us two inseminations in response to my request (we ended up only going with one).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Edward Nejat at Generation Next Fertility.
Other than a copay of $40 for each visit including monitoring and $88 for Ovidrel shot (which was cheaper than the pharmacy, Freedom Pharmacy, that they send prescriptions to), costs were covered by my insurance
Describe Edward Nejat's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Generation Next Fertility.
No comments
East Side
The clinic [Generation Next Fertility] is small and intimate. As a commuter to NYC, it was difficult to get clear explanations on the schedule to come in. I tried to get them to provide advance notice if I would need back to back appointments, so that I could make plans to stay in the city. I had to remind them several times and it wasn't always communicated.
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
The clinic is small and intimate. As a commuter to NYC, it was difficult to get clear explanations on the schedule to come in. I tried to get them to provide advance notice if I would need back to back appointments, so that I could make plans to stay in the city. I had to remind them several times and it wasn't always communicated.
Dr. Luk tries to see every patient throughout the cycle, including the monitoring process. She makes sure your questions get answered by the nurse or she will call you herself.
Friendly. Dr. Luk made sure her team was respectful to patients.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
As I said before, Dr. Luk is available and present for the majority of appointments. You have the opportunity to get comfortable with her. I believe she truly wants you to be successful in your treatment and happy with your experience with her practice. She talks fast, but she is responsive to questions. I believe she is extremely intelligent, but sometimes has difficulty communicating effectively and comes across "scattered". On a few occasions I felt she didn't look over my chart to refresh her memory as to what was going on with me.
Ask her to repeat or clarify information if you do not understand.
Protocol Type: ART - Antagonist Suppression Meds: Gonal F - 300iu; Menopur 75iu for 7 days and 150iu for last 5 days. Added Ganerelix on day 8-12. Ovidrel Trigger. Results: Retrieved 5 eggs, fertilized 4 and 2 made it to blastocysts. After PGS testing 0 for transfer.
Monitoring hours lasted until 9:30, I appreciated this as a commuter.
I explored many clinics and Generation Next seemed to be the most reasonable.
Describe Janelle Luk's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Generation Next Fertility.
East Side
The nurses [at Generation Next Fertility] working with Dr. Janelle Luk were great...They were great at drawing blood (no bruising) and they were great at answering question and making sure I was always well taken care of...They remembered my name...We only used injectables just a few days before retrieval to make sure premature ovulation didn't occur...beautifully remodeled and located in Midtown Manhattan at a super convenient location.
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
Generation Next Fertility is beautifully remodeled and located in Midtown Manhattan at a super convenient location.
Dr. Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility was always very attentive to me. She changed my treatment plan every month according to my blood levels. All other clinics just repeated the same protocols over and over. Dr. Luk was always available for questions. At other clinics, I had to wait weeks sometimes to get a face to face with a doctor. Dr. Luk is simply the best.
The nurses working with Dr. Janelle Luk were great. They remembered my name, didn't treat me like cattle like they usually do at the big clinics. They were great at drawing blood (no bruising) and they were great at answering question and making sure I was always well taken care of.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
Dr. Luk at Generation Next Fertility clinic on 115 East 57th Street is simply the best RE in the world. I've been to 9 different high profile IVF centers. None of them could help me and they all recommended donor eggs. DR. Luk's unique, low medication approach coupled with the individualized treatment plan got me pregnant in one transfer! She is truly the best doctor I've ever come across in my life. All the other clinics have a 'one size fits all' treatment plan but DR. LUK is driven to find and fix each individual patients needs. She is amazing, super smart and down to Earth. Thank you Dr. Luk!
Listen to her advice and don't try to outsmart her. She really knows what she is doing.
100%. Covered by insurance
Anovulation, Unexplained
It [Generation Next Fertility] is a beautiful, upscale, clean, and well run office. From the front desk to the exam room. They were extremely timely and I was never waiting long. Everybody calls you by your first name there because they make an effort to know each patient personally. I always knew what the next steps were with same day phone calls and a very user friendly iphone app.... Dr. Nejat is fully invested in his patient's fertility journey. He is what all doctors should be in terms of compassion, empathy and bedside manner. He never rushes you out even though he is very busy. He is thoughtful, accessible and highly intelligent. Conversations with him are a two way street. While he values the patient's input, he was adamant about specific topics that he knows best.
Anovulation, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
It is a beautiful, upscale, clean, and well run office. From the front desk to the exam room. They were extremely timely and I was never waiting long. Everybody calls you by your first name there because they make an effort to know each patient personally. I always knew what the next steps were with same day phone calls and a very user friendly iphone app.
Dr. Nejat treats you like you are the only patient he's ever had, regardless of his busy waiting room. He makes every effort to make each visit personalized and conveys that the patient/doctor relationship is of utmost importance to him. He answered emails as late as 11pm, shortly after I would email him at 10pm. He is extremely accessible, caring and accommodating.
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Generation Next Fertility?
Dr. Nejat is fully invested in his patient's fertility journey. He is what all doctors should be in terms of compassion, empathy and bedside manner. He never rushes you out even though he is very busy. He is thoughtful, accessible and highly intelligent. Conversations with him are a two way street. While he values the patient's input, he was adamant about specific topics that he knows best. This provided me with the comfort that I had a voice but he was the expert I sought after. He truly cares about his patient's and their success.
Go to him!
East Side
It's a beautiful facility [Generation Next Fertility] very close to train access..I would only recommend going there if you need a specialist in genetic factors. The office itself is very welcoming. The rooms feel private and the furniture is very comfy. All the suites are decked out with large screens so you can see what's happening during your sono....[nurses] Very kind! They have an excellent demeanor and they are all very knowledgeable
European, Middle Eastern
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
It's a beautiful facility very close to train access. For me, personally, it's a bit far from home in Brooklyn. I would only recommend going there if you need a specialist in genetic factors. The office itself is very welcoming. The rooms feel private and the furniture is very comfy. All the suites are decked out with large screens so you can see what's happening during your sono.
Janelle took lots of time to explain the IVF process as related to a person like me, who is a carrier of a genetic disease. She answered all of my questions in a way I could easily understand. She also personally saw that I was connected with the lab that is completing my PGS.
Very kind! They have an excellent demeanor and they are all very knowledgeable.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
Janelle is incredibly knowledgeable. She has a lot of experience and made me feel very comfortable. I would say that she almost seemed too excited to work with me, based on my Fragile X carrier status. It almost felt like I was going to be a fun experiment, but as we continued to work together it appeared that she's just really into what she does. That's who I want as my doctor. Someone who loves what they do and knows how to do it well.
She talks VERY fast. If you don't understand something, just ask her to slow down and explain it again.
Conventional IVF 13,000 Anesthesia 500 Meds $1,000+ Monitoring $1000 PGD Testing $2000 Egg Freezing $2000
She decided what was best based on the odds of my genetic situation. I went with her opinion because she provided strong rationale.
East Side
I had a bad reaction to a antibiotic after an isi [at Generation Next Fertility] and when I told the doctor about the reaction it was blown off...Strengths of the clinic : fast, efficient, kind Weakness of the clinic : very busy and get lost in the shuffle if you aren’t careful...be your own advocate and do your own research...[The nursing staff is] Efficient, clean, nice, fast...It’s definitly a factory (aka a very busy practice) they get you in and out.
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
Strengths of the clinic : fast, efficient, kind Weakness of the clinic : very busy and get lost in the shuffle if you aren’t careful. Anything else for others to know: be your own advocate and do your own research.
It’s definitly a factory (aka a very busy practice) they get you in and out. He’s very kind and emails back promptly any questions/concerns I’ve had. He is very kind. I still feel like one of many people getting the procedures and not super personal attention.
Efficient, clean, nice, fast
What specific things went wrong at Generation Next Fertility?
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Generation Next Fertility?
Dr. Nejat is very very sweet. He is a good communicator most of the time. I had 3 appointments with another doctor in the practice one which was my iui and had no idea he wasn’t going to be the one doing that procedure. He’s done sis and 2 iui for me and he seems through and knowledgeable.
Be overly communicative and in touch with him or you get lost in the shuffle.
Estradiol to stimulate lining of uterus. Follistim to stimulate follicles. Clomid to stimulate egg production. Ovidrel to drop the egg before iui
Iui was covered by my insurance as was the medications. I haven’t done ivf but that won’t be covered.
Don’t know never did this
East Side
The practice [Generation Next Fertility] is relatively new so sometimes it feels that they are still working out the kinks. I have seen this improve each month so I feel confident it will continue to improve. You may have to manage communication proactively by calling and asking to speak to a nurse or doctor as they are not always responsive on email or in their portal.... Overall my experience was good, but I sometimes had to clarify instructions about when to take certain medications as the instructions were confusing.
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
The practice is relatively new so sometimes it feels that they are still working out the kinks. I have seen this improve each month so I feel confident it will continue to improve. You may have to manage communication proactively by calling and asking to speak to a nurse or doctor as they are not always responsive on email or in their portal.
Dr Nejat took the time to understand our situation and weigh the pros and cons of different treatment options, including cost, medical outcomes and how we would like to build our family.
What specific things went wrong at Generation Next Fertility?
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Generation Next Fertility?
We met with a number of other fertility doctors, and Dr. Nejat was the only one who took the time to understand our situation and lay out a clear treatment plan. He made recommendations while also allowing room for us to make decisions about how we'd like to proceed at each step. He answered all of our questions with patience and always remembered that as as same-sex couple we have different considerations than straight couples. This was a unique experience. He is compassionate and has a good sense of humor.
East Side
[Generation Next Fertility has a] helpful front desk, monitoring hours 7:30-9:30 and generally in and out within 30 min. overall well-organized and compassionate staff. embyrologists also communicated well. highly recommend. treatment is personalized.... IVF with menopur, follistim, ganarellix, hcg and lupron trigger. 19 retrieved, 13 mature and all fertilized, ICSI performed, 7 day 5/6, 4 PGS normal
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
Dr Luk and her partner Dr Nejat make the process much more personalized. They both have excellent bedside manner and personally follow-up
Compassionate and reliable. They are a fairly small team, and I feel like I got to know them well. Checked up on me multiple times post-retrieval
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
Dr Luk is very smart, personable, and reassuring to work with. She made the process much more manageable for me. I would recommend her without hesitation. I also really liked working with her partner Dr. Nejat who did my retrieval.
She is accessible for additional questions and will support you along the way
7:30-9:30 am, generally in and out in about 30 min
10% co-insurance, $30 co-pays per visit, $200 deductible
recommends eSET
2013 - 2017
7 IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Uterine Fibroids, Other
[Generation Next] Attractive, clean, quiet, conveniently located....[Cost Of Treatment] $4K...[Nurse] Professional] ...in my opinion, Dr. Luk is a "doctors' doctor". She rendered quality care and compassion to me as a patient. She listened, processed and responded to my concerns, which for me was a "rarity" throughout my years as a struggling, downtrodden fertility patient...My testimonial and concerns were heard via what I perceived was empathic listening and Dr. Luk collaborated with me, as she included me in decisions regarding my plan of care, with genuine disclosure.
2013 - 2017
7 IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Uterine Fibroids, Other
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
Attractive, clean, quiet, conveniently located.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Generation Next Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Marlene)
Professional
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
May your experience be as good as mine or better.
not applicable