7.3
7.3

115 East 57th St

Dr. Nejat is very very sweet. He is a good communicator most of the time. I had 3 appointments with another doctor in the practice one which was my iui and had no idea he wasn’t going to be the one doing that procedure...Be overly communicative and in touch with him or you get lost in the shuffle...emails back promptly any questions/concerns I’ve had...he seems through and knowledgeable.
I had a bad reaction to a antibiotic after an isi [at Generation Next Fertility] and when I told the doctor about the reaction it was blown off...Strengths of the clinic : fast, efficient, kind Weakness of the clinic : very busy and get lost in the shuffle if you aren’t careful...be your own advocate and do your own research...[The nursing staff is] Efficient, clean, nice, fast...It’s definitly a factory (aka a very busy practice) they get you in and out.
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Generation Next Fertility?
Dr. Nejat is very very sweet. He is a good communicator most of the time. I had 3 appointments with another doctor in the practice one which was my iui and had no idea he wasn’t going to be the one doing that procedure. He’s done sis and 2 iui for me and he seems through and knowledgeable.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edward Nejat at Generation Next Fertility?
Be overly communicative and in touch with him or you get lost in the shuffle.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Edward Nejat at Generation Next Fertility?
It’s definitly a factory (aka a very busy practice) they get you in and out. He’s very kind and emails back promptly any questions/concerns I’ve had. He is very kind. I still feel like one of many people getting the procedures and not super personal attention.
Describe the protocols Edward Nejat used in your cycles at Generation Next Fertility and their degree of success.
Estradiol to stimulate lining of uterus. Follistim to stimulate follicles. Clomid to stimulate egg production. Ovidrel to drop the egg before iui
Efficient, clean, nice, fast
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
Strengths of the clinic : fast, efficient, kind Weakness of the clinic : very busy and get lost in the shuffle if you aren’t careful. Anything else for others to know: be your own advocate and do your own research.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Edward Nejat at Generation Next Fertility.
Iui was covered by my insurance as was the medications. I haven’t done ivf but that won’t be covered.
Describe Edward Nejat's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Generation Next Fertility.
Don’t know never did this
What specific things went wrong at Generation Next Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Generation Next Fertility.
I had a bad reaction to a antibiotic after an isi and when I told the doctor about the reaction it was blown off.

IUI With Other Docs
she [Dr. Janelle Luk] adjusted my protocol as necessary...She asked questions. I asked mine. She listened. She was very frank but compassionate about my needs. She would offer suggestions that she thinks would help me but left me and my partner to decide... is frank. She goes straight to the problem and offers suggestions on how to proceed. She gives explanation to every questions asked and draws them on paper if needed. She is on top of things and is very supportive to any outcomes.
The fact that they [Generation Next Fertility] start their monitoring hours very early is a huge plus. I go there first thing then go to work afterwards...It’s a small clinic but with that you know that they are really focused on each patient once you’re inside. Eventually they would need a bigger space to accommodate more patients coming in. The clinic itself is very clean which I believe what everybody wants to see initially...[nurses are] Very caring and professional. I have never been to a clinic more welcomely treated than here. They supervised me with the protocols given. Phone calls were immediately answered or returned as soon as possible.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
As I mentioned Dr Luk is frank. She goes straight to the problem and offers suggestions on how to proceed. She gives explanation to every questions asked and draws them on paper if needed. She is on top of things and is very supportive to any outcomes.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
Be ready with your questions and listen to her advise.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
Describe the protocols Janelle Luk used in your cycles at Generation Next Fertility and their degree of success.
Suffice it to say that she adjusted my protocol as necessary.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Generation Next Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Alyssa, Jen, Juany)
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Generation Next Fertility.
The fact that they start their monitoring hours very early is a huge plus. I go there first thing then go to work afterwards.

2 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
2 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
Dr Nejat took the time to understand my background and history. Each cycle of mine was different and he adjusted accordingly. He was easily reachable, always returned my calls and emails and explained things to me in a way I could understand...He always greets with a smile, and looks at each case and even each cycle individually...
I love this [Generation Next Fertility] clinic, having been a patient at a larger one before it is nice to have the personalized and caring service and care. The clinic is growing and sometimes there can be a long wait for monitoring...everyone at the practice does their best to know you by name...The nursing staff at Generation Next is phenomenal. They are caring, responsive, and very kind.
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Generation Next Fertility?
Trust that Dr. Nejat knows what he is doing and wants you to succeed as much as you do.
Dr Nejat and everyone at the practice does their best to know you by name. He always greets with a smile, and looks at each case and even each cycle individually.
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
I love this clinic, having been a patient at a larger one before it is nice to have the personalized and caring service and care. The clinic is growing and sometimes there can be a long wait for monitoring if you go during busy times (between 8 and 9 am) but in general the office tries to t get you in and out as quickly as possible
Some mornings are busier than others with longer wait times, but in general, they try to get you in and out as quickly as possible.
Dr Nejat adjusted transfers and decisions regarding them according to the situation. Because of my age, he was willing to do multiple embryo transfer of untested embryos.
East Side

before seeing Dr Nejat, I have failed about 10 IUI at another clinic. I transferred to Dr. Nejat and planed to have mini-IVF. Luckily, we got a success in first IUI before mini-IVF. While the other clinic is ok, my experience with Dr Nejat was very relaxing. He gained my full trust in short time. I believe the trust and relax played a big role in our success. Dr. Nejat has impeccable bedside manner, full attention on my situation and feelings. He really cares.
[Generation Next Fertility provides] care as a family; undivided attention; impeccable bedside manner; kindness and respect...nursing staff here are mostly very nice and sympathetic. However, there is one or two person either cold-face or don't care enough...strengths: it offers mini-ivf; calm environment; clean and beautiful; organized; friendly and efficient front desk; friendly stuff good location weakness: busy for the morning monitoring hours
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Generation Next Fertility?
you will feel the respect, kindness when you start to work with him. Trust comes naturally.
plan one IUI, if failed, start mini-IVF
East Side

Najat was so personable and was excited by the smaller wins opposed to disappointed by them. It felt good to have someone celebrate even the slightest of wins as progress...He gave us hope, practical hope, but hope none the less. He was highly recommended by my fertility acupuncturist. His approach was vastly different which I liked.... He watched my cycle until he saw the follicles growing on their own. It's called Slow IVF.
The strength [of Generation Next Fertility] is the size. You definitely do not feel like a number. I wished they were more on top of the next steps during retrieval. Make sure you have all of your paperwork and info in so your cycle does not get cancelled.... [Cost Of Treatment] Minimal because I never made it to retrieval. I think $300 in total. My company covered 90% of it.... I started ovulating earlier than expected and still had to transfer my husband's sperm
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Generation Next Fertility?
I came to Najat after 2 failed cycles at a different clinic. He gave us hope, practical hope, but hope none the less. He was highly recommended by my fertility acupuncturist. His approach was vastly different which I liked.
Ask all of the questions. He doesn't go into the science that much.
He watched my cycle until he saw the follicles growing on their own. It's called Slow IVF. I never actually took any meds, although I would have take a trigger shot if I made it retrieval.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Generation Next Fertility.
They were fine. Efficient and quick.
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
The strength is the size. You definitely do not feel like a number. I wished they were more on top of the next steps during retrieval. Make sure you have all of your paperwork and info in so your cycle does not get cancelled.
Slow IVF.
What specific things went wrong at Generation Next Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Generation Next Fertility.
I started ovulating earlier than expected and still had to transfer my husband's sperm. There was no way to get the sperm there on time, so I had to cancel the cycle.
East Side

You will love her [Dr. Luk] and all the knowledge she has to share...practices a holistic approach in her protocols. I used cetrotide to control ovulation and 2 days of a very low dosage of Gonal-F and Ovidrel to trigger... Since the first day my husband and I met with her we knew that she was the doctor we wanted to continue with. Her knowledge on my condition of DOR was like no other doctor I have been too. I could tell how sincere she was in wanting to help us. Under her care we feel safe and hopefully.
Every time I walk into the clinic [Generation Next Fertility] I am welcomed by friendly and helpful staff. As I walk toward the counter to check in they don’t even ask my name because they already know me. That makes me feel respected as a human...[Nursing staff is] Friendly and caring. Always willing to answer any questions...Monitoring appointment are in the early morning hours so I was able to go in before work which worked out perfect. 7:30am-9:30am Mon-Sat
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
Dr. Luk is amazing. Since the first day my husband and I met with her we knew that she was the doctor we wanted to continue with. Her knowledge on my condition of DOR was like no other doctor I have been too. I could tell how sincere she was in wanting to help us. Under her care we feel safe and hopefully.
You will love her and all the knowledge she has to share.
Every time I walk into the clinic I am welcomed by friendly and helpful staff. As I walk toward the counter to check in they don’t even ask my name because they already know me. That makes me feel respected as a human.
Dr. Luk practices a holistic approach in her protocols. I used cetrotide to control ovulation and 2 days of a very low dosage of Gonal-F and Ovidrel to trigger.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Generation Next Fertility.
Friendly and caring. Always willing to answer any questions.
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
The clinic is equipped with everything needed under one roof. It is always well maintained and very clean. Everyone is always willing to help and answer questions. I always feel extremely comfortable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility.
My insurance covered all cost so I’m not sure.
East Side

Dr Nejat took the time to understand our situation and weigh the pros and cons of different treatment options, including cost, medical outcomes and how we would like to build our family.... He made recommendations while also allowing room for us to make decisions about how we'd like to proceed at each step. He answered all of our questions with patience and always remembered that as as same-sex couple we have different considerations than straight couples.
The practice [Generation Next Fertility] is relatively new so sometimes it feels that they are still working out the kinks. I have seen this improve each month so I feel confident it will continue to improve. You may have to manage communication proactively by calling and asking to speak to a nurse or doctor as they are not always responsive on email or in their portal.... Overall my experience was good, but I sometimes had to clarify instructions about when to take certain medications as the instructions were confusing.
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Generation Next Fertility?
We met with a number of other fertility doctors, and Dr. Nejat was the only one who took the time to understand our situation and lay out a clear treatment plan. He made recommendations while also allowing room for us to make decisions about how we'd like to proceed at each step. He answered all of our questions with patience and always remembered that as as same-sex couple we have different considerations than straight couples. This was a unique experience. He is compassionate and has a good sense of humor.
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
The practice is relatively new so sometimes it feels that they are still working out the kinks. I have seen this improve each month so I feel confident it will continue to improve. You may have to manage communication proactively by calling and asking to speak to a nurse or doctor as they are not always responsive on email or in their portal.
East Side
Dr Luk is very smart, personable, and reassuring to work with. She made the process much more manageable for me. I would recommend her without hesitation. I also really liked working with her partner Dr. Nejat who did my retrieval.... Dr Luk and her partner Dr Nejat make the process much more personalized. They both have excellent bedside manner and personally follow-up
[Generation Next Fertility has a] helpful front desk, monitoring hours 7:30-9:30 and generally in and out within 30 min. overall well-organized and compassionate staff. embyrologists also communicated well. highly recommend. treatment is personalized.... IVF with menopur, follistim, ganarellix, hcg and lupron trigger. 19 retrieved, 13 mature and all fertilized, ICSI performed, 7 day 5/6, 4 PGS normal
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
She is accessible for additional questions and will support you along the way
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Generation Next Fertility.
Compassionate and reliable. They are a fairly small team, and I feel like I got to know them well. Checked up on me multiple times post-retrieval
7:30-9:30 am, generally in and out in about 30 min
10% co-insurance, $30 co-pays per visit, $200 deductible
Describe Janelle Luk's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Generation Next Fertility.
recommends eSET

2013 - 2017, Successful
Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
My testimonial and concerns were heard via what I perceived was empathic listening and Dr. Luk collaborated with me, as she included me in decisions regarding my plan of care, with genuine disclosure....in my opinion, Dr. Luk is a "doctors' doctor". She rendered quality care and compassion to me as a patient. She listened, processed and responded to my concerns, which for me was a "rarity" throughout my years as a struggling, downtrodden fertility patient.
[Generation Next] Attractive, clean, quiet, conveniently located....[Cost Of Treatment] $4K...[Nurse] Professional] ...in my opinion, Dr. Luk is a "doctors' doctor". She rendered quality care and compassion to me as a patient. She listened, processed and responded to my concerns, which for me was a "rarity" throughout my years as a struggling, downtrodden fertility patient...My testimonial and concerns were heard via what I perceived was empathic listening and Dr. Luk collaborated with me, as she included me in decisions regarding my plan of care, with genuine disclosure.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
May your experience be as good as mine or better.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Generation Next Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Marlene)
Professional
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
Attractive, clean, quiet, conveniently located.
not applicable
1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Doctor Nejat has a very warm bedside manner and is very compassionate. He listens attentively and is open to questions. Although very professional and skilled, he does not pretend to have all the answers and will try new protocols and consider your suggestions and personal; research. I felt like he cared about my overall health as well as my reproductive health...He will only elaborate on what you ask. He is part of a growing practice and sometimes he has to quickly go to the next scheduled patient.
it seemed to me that they were figuring out how best to organize the staff [at Generation Next Fertlity]. At this practice, I spoke with many different health professionals about my case and medicine. At times, I didn't feel confident that my messages were transmitted accurately to the doctor. In this practice, you are not assigned a nurse or other health professional, anyone available is attending to your case, which I think contributes to the miscommunications at times and the feeling of not being attended to, although the majority of the staff members are very professional. I would feel more comfortable if I were assigned to one healthcare professional who would communicate my needs to the doctor. They also seem to hire health professionals who early in their careers.
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Generation Next Fertility?
Doctor Nejat has a very warm bedside manner and is very compassionate. He listens attentively and is open to questions. Although very professional and skilled, he does not pretend to have all the answers and will try new protocols and consider your suggestions and personal; research. I felt like he cared about my overall health as well as my reproductive health. However, because he is part of a small practice, he did not seem to be
Come to each visit with prewritten questions. He will only elaborate on what you ask. He is part of a growing practice and sometimes he has to quickly go to the next scheduled patient.
Doctor Nejat has a very warm bedside manner and is very compassionate. He listens attentively and is open to questions. Although very professional and skilled, he does not pretend to have all the answers and will try new protocols. I felt like he cared about my overall health as well as my reproductive health. Because he his part of a growing practice, it seemed to me that they were figuring out how best to organize the staff. At this practice, I spoke with many different health professionals about my case and medicine. At times, I didn't feel confident that my messages were transmitted accurately to the doctor. In this practice, you are not assigned a nurse or other health professional, anyone available is attending to your case, which I think contributes to the miscommunications at times and the feeling of not being attended to, although the majority of the staff members are very professional. I would feel more comfortable if I were assigned to one healthcare professional who would communicate my needs to the doctor. They also seem to hire health professionals who early in their careers.
My protocol ranged from aggressive to mild. With a mild protocol producing somewhat better
Edward Nejat

Dr. Luk has a lot of experience and that makes me feel comfortable and confident with her. She does answer all of my questions and when I request a sit down. I do trust her and will continue on my treatment with her...She remembers who I am, my history (rarely but sometimes with a little fuzziness on details) and I do feel like she is trying to help me start a family.
Generation Next is smaller than RMA where I was at before. I much prefer this smaller feeling, while the waiting room can get filled up, you definitely feel less like a number. Also the receptionists are wonderful and kind so it helps!..8k for mini IVF...Nursing staff is great. 9/10 nurses are extremely knowledgable and helpful...
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
Not just with Dr. Luk but all fertility doctors, they are very busy and you have to self advocate, ask questions and champion for the best care.
I have responded well to mini IVF - chlomid + gonal/follistim + cetrotide/ganirelix. Because I have less than 9 follicles, more aggressive medications (lupron, higher dosages of gonal) did not work for me. Sometimes I use estradiol patch prior to starting.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Generation Next Fertility.
Nursing staff is great. 9/10 nurses are extremely knowledgable and helpful.
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
Well oiled machine and much better than RMA
8k for mini IVF

2019, Consult
[Dr. Janelle Luk] was so positive and kind. Truly. Just a true professional...She took the time to know my history and my motivation to be a mother. She explained the best option for treatment and the urgency of my particular fertility status...Maturation of cells outside the body... to reduce the risks of IVF. Family Hx of Ovarian cancer
Access to the clinic [Generation Next Fertility] was a little hard...Clean. Odd waiting room. Not really a waiting room at all. Long corridor with long benches. No privacy. All patients could hear the business of all other patient...out pocket cost for appt and testing was about 700.00... the staff told me how to reduce the cost easily and the total cost WAS reduced
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
Kind. Thorough. Realistic. Very smart. She took the time to know my history and my motivation to be a mother. She explained the best option for treatment and the urgency of my particular fertility status.
G*d grants the gift of motherhood in a variety of ways.
She was so positive and kind. Truly. Just a true professional. I’m glad I didn’t go anywhere else. I didn’t have the funds to pursue egg retrieval at the time, I probably needed to retrieve last Jan if I really wanted to... but I didn’t have the funds.
I can’t remember the specifics at this time. Maturation of cells outside the body... to reduce the risks of IVF. Family Hx of Ovarian cancer.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Generation Next Fertility.
The one drawback was the description of testing cost. One test was a significant cost which was a surprise. I will say the staff told me how to reduce the cost easily and the total cost WAS reduced. Thank you.
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
Clean. Odd waiting room. Not really a waiting room at all. Long corridor with long benches. No privacy. All patients could hear the business of all other patients. Access to the clinic was a little hard. Being from PA, it was adjustment.
Out out pocket cost for appt and testing was about 700.00
No comments. Would still pursue treatment if I had eggs and money!
East Side

Ongoing treatment and overall great experience with the doctors [Dr. Nejat and Luk]. I have not see the doctor every monitoring visit but that was my choice so I could get to work. It would have been nice though for a quick call to check on my progress. Although as a busy 2 doctor practice I can imagine time is not a luxury they have ... Only two doctors at the practice so it was not file that would be passed around to whoever doctor happened to be on duty.
1. Two doctors so you can build a relationship and not have an unfamiliar face either for monitoring or any of the procedures. 2. Solid track record and recommendation from prior patients 3. Efficient staff able to answer questions and keep wait times to a minimum ... Overall the nurses were efficient friendly and able to answer questions.
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Generation Next Fertility?
Ongoing treatment and overall great experience with the doctors. I have not see the doctor every monitoring visit but that was my choice so I could get to work. It would have been nice though for a quick call to check on my progress. Although as a busy 2 doctor practice I can imagine time is not a luxury they have
Both doctors are very knowledgeable but do your research so you can ask the right questions
Only two doctors at the practice so it was not file that would be passed around to whoever doctor happened to be on duty. Both doctors had a warm bedside manner and took time to answer all questions. Staff at the clinic were also very personable
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Generation Next Fertility.
Overall the nurses were efficient friendly and able to answer questions. Once incident where I got a call back on potentially troubling test and the nurse didn’t seem prepared to answer questions as to why it was important
East Side

Dr. Luk explained all questions that my partner and I asked. She is very passionate for her career. And she always tried to make me relax whenever I felt stressful. She communicated with me and my partner to listen to our voices. During the actual procedure, she also tried to make me relax because it was my first time for the procedure...Dr. Luk is passionate, kind and patiently, and listen to patients' voices.
Generation Next Fertility's strengths: Dr. Luk is passionate, kind and patiently, and listen to patients' voices. Nurses: most nurses are kind and helpful. The clinic is clean and organized overall. Generation Next Fertility's weaknesses: maybe better to expand the room to do the blood drop, because that area is too small on side of corridor...some of the nurses are passionate and kind, and explained to you patiently.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
During the 2-time consultations, Dr. Luk explained all questions that my partner and I asked. She is very passionate for her career. And she always tried to make me relax whenever I felt stressful. She communicated with me and my partner to listen to our voices. During the actual procedure, she also tried to make me relax because it was my first time for the procedure.
Prepare all your questions before you visit Dr. Luk.
Because whenever i met Dr . Luk, she always explained my confusion patiently. And she is very passionate for her career.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Generation Next Fertility.
some of the nurses are passionate and kind, and explained to you patiently.