North Shore Fertility

Genetic counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
Schaumburg
999 Plaza Dr
Schaumburg, IL 60173
847-517-7570
4250 Dempster St
Skokie, IL 60076
847-763-8850
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend North Shore Fertility to a friend?
1 doctor
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
They [Northshore Fertility] are smart, caring, and really give you special attention. They are always available and their response time is so much quicker than anyone else I tried to meet with for consultations. Plus they do weekend IVF/IUI appointments!...[Nurse] Jennifer is thoughtful, caring, funny, and consistent. She is always available to communicate with, she explains everything well, and is always on top of everything...Dr Anne was the only doctor I met with who suggested we try to bill insurance just to see if they would cover it..and they did.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with North Shore Fertility.
They are smart, caring, and really give you special attention. They are always available and their response time is so much quicker than anyone else I tried to meet with for consultations. Plus they do weekend IVF/IUI appointments!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Anne Borkowski at North Shore Fertility?
Dr Anne makes me feel safe, cared for, and respected. She validates my concerns and gives me hope and encouragement when I am struggling to find it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at North Shore Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer )
How was your experience with Anne Borkowski at North Shore Fertility?
Dr Anne is the perfect fit for me , I both trust her medical knowledge and she truly makes you feel like you are her only patient. She is ALWAYS available on the phone , she talked to me twice when she was on vacation and when I was sick after a retrieval she checked in with me 2-3 times a day. She's truly wonderful.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Anne Borkowski at North Shore Fertility?
Just be honest and open with her about everything and always ask the question.
Describe the protocols Anne Borkowski used in your cycles at North Shore Fertility and their degree of success.
1st retrieval- 600 IU gonal F, ganirelex 25 6 eggs , 3 day 3 embryos with slight hyperstim so had to do frozen cycle instead. 0/3 embryos implanted. No PGs testing due to cost. 2nd stim in progress- 300IU gonal f and later increased to 450, menopur 150, ganirelex 150
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anne Borkowski at North Shore Fertility.
Dr Anne was the only doctor I met with who suggested we try to bill insurance just to see if they would cover it..and they did. The other two clinics I interviewed with said I would not be eligible and they would not submit to insurance. My only costs were for copay and medicine, totaling under $500
Describe Anne Borkowski's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at North Shore Fertility.
Due to being a single mom the doctor was only comfortable doing a one or two egg transfer. She talked me through pros and cons of both. I did single embryo transfer first time and then did two embryo transfer the second time.
Anne Borkowski
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Fresh embryo transfer [at North Shore Fertility] was in the $10,000 range. Frozen was around $3,000...They were a well-oiled machine. Everything flowed smoothly in their office. Wait times weren’t crazy like i was used to with my previous infertility doctor. They were on top of everything. If I ever had questions, I would get a call back right away. And after every single monitoring appointment, I would meet either directly with Dr. San Ramon or his NP, Dawn.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with North Shore Fertility.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gabe San Roman at North Shore Fertility?
This man showed me and my husband such compassion. I can’t say enough about how wonderful of a doctor and as a human being that he is. We adore him.
These ladies felt like family. I felt that I always had access to them for any questions. They were amazing.
How was your experience with Gabe San Roman at North Shore Fertility?
This man showed such compassion for me and my husband. It was more than you just being a patient. He truly cared about you and the obstacles you have been trying to overcome. On the day of my egg retrieval, I had a moment of self-pity and started to cry during this woe-is-me moment (while I was on the OR table). He just stood there and held my hand. He distracted me until the anesthesia kicked in. I will never forget that kindness. With my previous doctor, I had to terminate my pregnancy at 22 weeks due to severe fetal anamolies. I switched to Dr. San Ramon after some more failed attempts with my original doctor. Gabe was so sympathetic to how hard that was to us.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gabe San Roman at North Shore Fertility?
Trust this man. He will help you and make you grateful that you picked him to help you during this emotional journey. You will never look back or second guess having him as your doctor. I will be forever grateful to have been in his care.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at North Shore Fertility.
Very organized with tolerable wait times.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gabe San Roman at North Shore Fertility.
Fresh embryo transfer was in the $10,000 range. Frozen was around $3,000. IUIs were covered by insurance but medications were not.
Describe Gabe San Roman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at North Shore Fertility.
He preferred to do a single transfer. In his eyes, a two embryo transfer didn’t increase your overall odds of pregnancy by much. He felt that I had already experienced losing a baby at 22 weeks and didn’t want to put me in that position again, since a twins pregnancy was very risky. I more than agreed and trusted his expertise.
Gabe San Roman
Skokie
Jennifer is my nurse [at North Shore] she is ver proffessional as and compassionate...its a ver calm environment the ready to work with you even if you have financial constraints very professional staff the lady at the other clinic is so nice she brightens my day anytime i go for procedures...Dr Anne is a very kind hearted woman i talk to her like shes my sister she always me know that my case is not hopeless am african and i never thought i qouls meet such an understanding person shes very compassionate and will to explain i read alot of things on line and when i text her about it she never shins me but explains the pro and cons to me
Describe your experience with North Shore Fertility.
Its a ver calm environment the ready to work with you even if you have financial constraints very professional staff the lady at the other clinic is so nice she brightens my day anytime i go for procedures
My dr os a very kind woman alway ready to listen and explain to you ,she answers all questions to the best of her knowledge you can text her anytime and she will reply shes the only dr ive sern call you the day after a procedure to find out how you are doing
Jennifer is my nurse she is ver proffessional as and compassionate
How was your experience with Anne Borkowski at North Shore Fertility?
You are lucky to have a doctor like her
I was on estrace and suppository progestron
Embryo freezing