6.8

212.324.2229
285 Middle Country Road
Smithtown, NY 11787
(631) 650 2229

It was very systematic, we didn't feel supported by the doctor [Dr. Cohen]. We needed encouragement, a positive outlook and the treatment to be tailored towards our medical needs and how my body was responding to the treatment. Instead we received one protocol, no options and the doctor never assessed any further. When the IVF was unsuccessful, I had to reach out for assistance, the doctor never called to follow up.
She [nurse at Northwell Health] was helpful and responsive. She was warm and made efforts to assist us through this process. She explained information and had patience...I requested a copy of my entire medical records and it took two weeks of harassing them to finally receive it...Sometimes it was quick other times there was a wait time...Strengths-clean, several locations in Long Island, Queens and Manhattan. Weakness-wait time during apts., some staff were insensitive and delayed in responding to messages or requests, with the exception of the nurses.
How was your experience with Matthew Cohen at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
He was informative and delivered knowledge. Unfortunately, he was not able to help us and we felt unsupported throughout the process and after the failed treatments by him. During my requested follow call after the failed IVF, he stated over the phone his opinion that if the next treatment didn't work out that he would suggest not trying anymore and failed to provide any medical information as to the reasons for his recommendation. This was very hurtful to us and it has taken me over one year to find myself emotionally ready and available to try fertility treatments again.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Cohen at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Ask questions as to the different protocols available and whether they fully rule out possible medical conditions that might contribute to the outcome of treatments.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Cohen at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
It was very systematic, we didn't feel supported by the doctor. We needed encouragement, a positive outlook and the treatment to be tailored towards our medical needs and how my body was responding to the treatment. Instead we received one protocol, no options and the doctor never assessed any further. When the IVF was unsuccessful, I had to reach out for assistance, the doctor never called to follow up.
Describe the protocols Matthew Cohen used in your cycles at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
Clomid for IUIs; birth control and injections for IVF including the trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Ms. Gilic)
She was helpful and responsive. She was warm and made efforts to assist us through this process. She explained information and had patience.
Describe your experience with Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Sometimes it was quick other times there was a wait time. There were times my records where not transferred to the other location even when followed up.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Cohen at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
It was mostly covered under our insurance, copays, genetic testing were out of pocket and some other fees.
Describe Matthew Cohen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
We only had one embryo to transfer.
What specific things went wrong at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Matthew Cohen

2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Noyes is intelligent, has a lot of expertise and experience and is very kind. I have no doubt that she is a skilled doctor and truly cares about her patients. However, ultimately the care provided under her supervision was not something I would recommend to anyone. I have never felt so confused and poorly informed, and have never met with such barriers to information. Even simple things were not explained. It was needlessly stressful...
While the nurses and staff [at Northwell Health] were kind, I would show up and nothing was ever explained. I asked about tests and wasn't given a clear answer. Then doctors mentioned in passing about how I was a "challenging case" and told me that my AMH was incredibly low...The clinic needs to take a moment to explain test results to patients and to let them know about the process. Test results weren't uploaded to the website, appointments weren't confirmed, a nurse forgot to tell me a medication that I should take, and no expectations as to how the process actually would occur was communicated beyond sending some videos. It was a really bad experience.
How was your experience with Nicole Noyes at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nicole Noyes at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Your care will primarily be provided by people other than Dr. Noyes. If you would like to speak to her directly, you will have to wait to a month. If a doctor says that you should speak to her, you'll have to explain that to her assistant because information is not communicated from doctors to staff (or vice versa), and so you'll be the party responsible for trying to explain something you may barely understand yourself.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nicole Noyes at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
While the nurses and staff were kind, I would show up and nothing was ever explained. I asked about tests and wasn't given a clear answer. Then doctors mentioned in passing about how I was a "challenging case" and told me that my AMH was incredibly low. I don't expect a lot in terms of communication, but this was a dehumanizing and demoralizing experience. The clinic needs to take a moment to explain test results to patients and to let them know about the process. Test results weren't uploaded to the website, appointments weren't confirmed, a nurse forgot to tell me a medication that I should take, and no expectations as to how the process actually would occur was communicated beyond sending some videos. It was a really bad experience.
Describe the protocols Nicole Noyes used in your cycles at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
Rationale or medication options were never discussed.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
They just took my blood and advised me to watch a video on how to do injections.
This clinic felt chaotic, rushed and disorganized. The patient coordinator all but disappeared. Every time I was told that someone would contact me, it did not occur. There is a disconnect where it seems that staff and doctors don't communicate or are unsure as to how to initiate treatment, so it was a battle to even get to the first appointment. And even after it was scheduled, I was unsure what the appointment was for or what the protocol would be. I am still trying to sort out billing issues - the coordinator said that she contacted the labs, but they seemed to be surprised and said that they never heard from her. And after months I'm being billed as self-pay despite having insurance. This was a truly dark and depressing experience, and I have never walked away feeling so negatively about any medical provider.
New York City

2010 - 2019, Consult
1 Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
cannot recommend the Northwell clinic given the true lack of professionalism and administrative competency they have consistently shown over the last six weeks...I've since moved out of state and needed a phone appointment...The day my of appointment, I called the clinic an hour before to confirm who should call whom, etc., and found out that her admin had never actually scheduled my appointment at all. There was nothing on the books for me, and they couldn't make time for me. I was enormously disappointed.
During my egg freezing in 2010, Dr. Noyes was warm and compassionate. I had no idea what to expect - I was 24, facing a serious cancer diagnosis, had never considered my fertility, and was simultaneously preparing for (and then recovering from) a bilateral mastectomy and preparing for chemotherapy. Dr. Noyes was reassuring and had a very good understanding of how to fit my treatments together. I had a condom break while preparing for egg retrieval (i.e. a time when I would be hyper-fertile) and Dr. Noyes handled it thoughtfully and sensitively, creatively suggesting an IUD which would be able to block any implantation without compromising my one chance at egg retrieval, and provide me with birth control during the 5-10 years I would need to be on cancer treatment.
Unfortunately, I would have to advise a prospective patient not to work with Dr. Noyes due to the terrible experience I had with her new clinic at Northwell.
In 2010, due to a cancer diagnosis, I froze my eggs with Dr. Noyes while she was at NYU. Now, nearly 10 years later and having lost my ovaries, these are the only eggs I have and my only chance to have a child. Dr. Noyes has since moved to Northwell - Lenox Hill, so I reached out to schedule an appointment. The admin staff told me that Dr. Noyes "likes to take extra care with her cancer patients," which made me feel great, but the "care" truly stopped there. I've since moved out of state and needed a phone appointment. Her admin could only schedule one for three weeks out - no problem, I understand that she's busy. The day my of appointment, I called the clinic an hour before to confirm who should call whom, etc., and found out that her admin had never actually scheduled my appointment at all. There was nothing on the books for me, and they couldn't make time for me. I was enormously disappointed. The admin tried to pass the buck to someone else in the office, but did become apologetic when I reminded him that it was him I had spoken with to schedule initially. He said he would try to squeeze me in for an appointment the following Monday. I rearranged my schedule to make that time work. That Monday, the admin called to tell me they hadn't gotten my records from NYU yet, so I couldn't have the appointment. I was shocked -- they had a month to do this, and there should be very well-established channels given that Dr. Noyes just moved over in January of this year. The admin told me he could reschedule me for the following day at 3:30. I, again, rearranged my schedule to accommodate, but told him I had an appointment at 4:30 I could not move, and would need to be in transit by 4PM, but my husband and I would both rearrange our schedules so we could be in the car together to continue the appointment if it was longer than a half hour. The next day, I received a call from the admin at 3:30 telling me that Dr. Noyes was running late, but he would call me at 4 to tell me how things were going. At 4:07, he called and told me that she'd be on the line "soon." At 4:15, he came back on the line to tell me that the cost of the appointment would be $75. I was livid - reminding him that he had my credit card already, and that at this point I only had fifteen minutes to speak with Dr. Noyes. He put me back on hold, and at 4:24, I hung up the phone, since a five-minute consult would have been useless. No one from Northwell or Dr. Noyes' office has contacted me since to apologize or offer an appointment, and it has now been another week. I had a great experience with Dr. Noyes in 2010 at NYU, and wish her well on her new endeavors, but cannot recommend the Northwell clinic given the true lack of professionalism and administrative competency they have consistently shown over the last six weeks.
In 2010, due to a cancer diagnosis, I froze my eggs with Dr. Noyes while she was at NYU. Now, nearly 10 years later and having lost my ovaries, these are the only eggs I have and my only chance to have a child. Dr. Noyes has since moved to Northwell - Lenox Hill, so I reached out to schedule an appointment. The admin staff told me that Dr. Noyes "likes to take extra care with her cancer patients," which made me feel great, but the "care" truly stopped there. I've since moved out of state and needed a phone appointment. Her admin could only schedule one for three weeks out - no problem, I understand that she's busy. The day my of appointment, I called the clinic an hour before to confirm who should call whom, etc., and found out that her admin had never actually scheduled my appointment at all. There was nothing on the books for me, and they couldn't make time for me. I was enormously disappointed. The admin tried to pass the buck to someone else in the office, but did become apologetic when I reminded him that it was him I had spoken with to schedule initially. He said he would try to squeeze me in for an appointment the following Monday. I rearranged my schedule to make that time work. That Monday, the admin called to tell me they hadn't gotten my records from NYU yet, so I couldn't have the appointment. I was shocked -- they had a month to do this, and there should be very well-established channels given that Dr. Noyes just moved over in January of this year. The admin told me he could reschedule me for the following day at 3:30. I, again, rearranged my schedule to accommodate, but told him I had an appointment at 4:30 I could not move, and would need to be in transit by 4PM, but my husband and I would both rearrange our schedules so we could be in the car together to continue the appointment if it was longer than a half hour. The next day, I received a call from the admin at 3:30 telling me that Dr. Noyes was running late, but he would call me at 4 to tell me how things were going. At 4:07, he called and told me that she'd be on the line "soon." At 4:15, he came back on the line to tell me that the cost of the appointment would be $75. I was livid - reminding him that he had my credit card already, and that at this point I only had fifteen minutes to speak with Dr. Noyes. He put me back on hold, and at 4:24, I hung up the phone, since a five minute consult would have been useless. No one from Northwell or Dr. Noyes' office has contacted me since to apologize or offer an appointment, and it has now been another week. I had a great experience with Dr. Noyes in 2010 at NYU, and wish her well on her new endeavors, but cannot recommend the Northwell clinic given the true lack of professionalism and administrative competency they have consistently shown over the last six weeks.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nicole Noyes at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
At one point, I was told my consultation would be $125 (with my insurance), then was later told it would be $75, but that due to clinical errors, the coordinator would "cover it" (whatever that means). However, I was never able to actually be seen by Dr. Noyes despite spending hours of time over 6 weeks on hold with her admin staff. I'm still holding my breath to see if they'll send me a bill anyway.
Lenox Hill

Through the course of our IVF treatment, we only met with Dr. Hershlag twice over a period of 5 months. Often it was a struggle to receive timely and accurate information....Dr. Hershlag was not present for a large majority of our process. During the initial consult he did not take the time to thouroughly explain IUI or other options we could look into. We had recently experienced a miscarriage and I felt this was not investigated enough. After testing my sperm and simply telling us they were an “A plus” he looked to set us up on the IVF schedule. He did not perform any of the sonograms or even the egg retrieval, or even once bother to schedule an appointment to check in.
The nursing staff [at North Shore] constantly seemed rushed and overworked. We repeatedly had to explain recent medications taken, problems with orders and other issues over and over, due to a lack of continuity...The office staff, nurses and doctors are extremely difficult to get on the phone. We experienced wait times of twenty minutes certain days. ...It was a packed office and a cattle call...review all billing carefully.
How was your experience with Avner Hershlag at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Avner Hershlag at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Please don’t expect to communicate or see him for almost all or most of the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Avner Hershlag at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Through the course of our IVF treatment, we only met with Dr. Hershlag twice over a period of 5 months. Often it was a struggle to receive timely and accurate information. The office staff, nurses and doctors are extremely difficult to get on the phone. We experienced wait times of twenty minutes certain days. Furthermore, the nurses did not accurately and efficiently communicate our medication needs to the pharmacy, which cost us additional expenses. There is not enough staff to deal with the volume of patients.
Describe the protocols Avner Hershlag used in your cycles at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
I was sent to a urologist to check my prostatitis, given antiobiotics to treat a minor infection, and not checked before sperm donation again to make sure the infection was gone. We were instructed to use follistim, estradiol, progesterone in oil, and HGC shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Jenny)
The nursing staff constantly seemed rushed and overworked. We repeatedly had to explain recent medications taken, problems with orders and other issues over and over, due to a lack of continuity.
Terrible communication. No one mentioned the office would be closed for Martin Luther King day, which happened to be a key date for instructions in our process! After investigating this in person I was told someone should have picked up the phone and called you back. No one did. Expect to wait up to two hours if you have a Monday afternoon appointment. Please review all billing carefully.
It was a packed office and a cattle call. In one instance I had to ask a nurse to pull my wife’s chart so they could draw her blood.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Avner Hershlag at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
PGS testing 300 testing per embryo. They would never give us the exact cost of a cycle. Insurance did cover a decent portion.
One of the biggest struggles was this clinics inability to communicate with CVS special care and give them authorization to ship our medications. My wife and I were constantly on the phone because they called in the wrong doses.
Manhasset

Dr. Hershlag made it knows that he prefers a single embryo transfer but before transfer he asked if we want single or multiple embryo transfer... always gives you a hug when he sees you and makes you feel that your success is very important to him... He makes me feel like I am his only patient, although it’s not always the case. Some visits he will ask a question that makes me feel like he doesn’t remember anything about me and the protocol he put me on. I do however understand that it is a very busy clinic and he can’t remember every detail about everyone unless he checks the chart. I wish he does check it before seeing me so that I don’t feel so confused at times.
Jackie [at Northwell Health] is a great nurse but she is always busy and running around his sometimes she seems to care about you and sometimes she doesn’t. However, every time I need an answer on something I would email her and she would always answer or call back. I never had to wait for more than an hour for her response. She is great at that...After the egg retrieval the embryologist called with number of fertilized eggs and number of embryos but nothing else. How many were natural how many were ICSI’ed we had no clue. Questions were brushed off. We did not learn about our embryo grades after 2 failed transfer when we made an appointment to see Dr. Hershlag so he an explain to us. That was the only problem with this clinic, that part needs to be communicated better.
Dr. Hershlag is a good doctor, no doubt. I feel confident to be under his care and believe in him. He makes me feel like I am his only patient, although it’s not always the case. Some visits he will ask a question that makes me feel like he doesn’t remember anything about me and the protocol he put me on. I do however understand that it is a very busy clinic and he can’t remember every detail about everyone unless he checks the chart. I wish he does check it before seeing me so that I don’t feel so confused at times. When my transfers did not work, he changed protocols each time which made me feel like he is proactive and is trying to achieve my pregnancy. After 2 failed transfers we asked for additional tests so we don’t go to the last embryo transfer blindly but he didn’t seem like he was eager to do it at all. I did not like that. Overall, he is a great doctor and I trust him I just wish the clinic wasn’t that busy so he could spend more time thinking of tests and other protocols that could change the outcome. In the end, I trust him and hope to be successful with him.
Ask questions and do your research. If you don’t understand something ask again. If you feel brushed off ask again. You are doing a major work so any answer that doesn’t explain anything needs to be asked again until you feel comfortable.
Dr. Hershlag always gives you a hug when he sees you and makes you feel that your success is very important to him.
For my IUI, it was Clomid thy was used. For my IVF cycle, it was Gonal F.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Jackie Nolan)
Jackie is a great nurse but she is always busy and running around his sometimes she seems to care about you and sometimes she doesn’t. However, every time I need an answer on something I would email her and she would always answer or call back. I never had to wait for more than an hour for her response. She is great at that.
The staff is great and they are super nice to you. They remember you by name and always eager to help. However, it’s a very busy clinic so sometimes you are waiting for more than an hour. I think they are doing their best but it’s just impossible sometimes.
It was great if it wasn’t too busy otherwise you would have to wait a bit. I always made it to work on time though. No complains
My insurance only covered diognostics and IUI, IVf and medication is out of pocket. $17K for cycle, $9K for medication so far, 1st transfer included, 5K per transfer after that, $300 per embryo for PGS.
Describe Avner Hershlag's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Manhasset

When first met he [Dr. Singer] took the time to study all our recordes/results and stated IVF w PGS will help and once we have embryos we will see by the transfer how sevire is the ednomiosis. When we had 2 losses, he said it the edno and blood issues . Recomended Gestational carrier to not loose these hard to create pgs healthy embryos. ... Used Letrozole with a 450 gonal F and 150 menupure which made more eggs and less side effects.
[Monitoring Appointments] You signed in and based on the order people came they were seen without consideration to the appointment time ... Nice renovated clinic [Northwell Health], they try to move paitents quickly in the morning, you only see the doctor if you request if not an image technion does the ultrasound. Sometime mornings are crowded can take up to 2 hours of wait. Prosidures done in Grate neck Northwell clinic, they provide a car service.
How was your experience with Tomer Singer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
When first met he took the time to study all our recordes/results and stated IVF w PGS will help and once we have embryos we will see by the transfer how sevire is the ednomiosis. When we had 2 losses, he said it the edno and blood issues . Recomended Gestational carrier to not loose these hard to create pgs healthy embryos.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tomer Singer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
For me once beta shows pregnent, the doctor was very discoriging as it was on lower side and was hard to stay positive.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tomer Singer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
When comung to visit the team is very frendly and know your name and situation.
Describe the protocols Tomer Singer used in your cycles at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
Care coordinator and ultrasound technishions were really nice and good, someone from the nursing calls to let you know what to do and when come back but doesnt give more information
Nice renovated clinic, they try to move paitents quickly in the morning, you only see the doctor if you request if not an image technion does the ultrasound. Sometime mornings are crowded can take up to 2 hours of wait. Prosidures done in Grate neck Northwell clinic, they provide a car service.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tomer Singer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
20k for each IVF cycle, bloodwork and medication not included. If wish PGS it is 2.5K separate.
Describe Tomer Singer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
He prefered multiple at my age and we wanted single, transfer was single.
There was a staff change and that resulted in getting results very late or next day and the overload caused misscomunication and emailing to get things done.
Lenox Hill

Although I didn’t not achieve want I wanted or dreamed of, Dr Gabe’s bedside matter and care for his patients was unbelieveable. I would recommend him to anyone. I unfortunately can’t say the same about his NP’s... The only thing I would change, when you’re dealing with “unexplained infertilty” If he showed more interest in digging a little deeper to possibly find an underlying cause somewhere. Instead of repeating the same cycle of meds 3-5 times in a row
The scheduling is probably one of the clinics strengths, and how they [Northwell Health] set the flow of patients. Billing or whoever handles the insurance I can’t say the same. First I was told from the beginning my insurance covered IVf, only to find out after we were interested in proceeding ivf that it wasn’t covered. That’s a headgame In itself as it is. Other then that I have nothing bad to say about it.... At first I loved his main NP dawn. But after repeating the same test after the 3rd time
How was your experience with Gabe San Roman at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Again his bedside matter was amazing, he remembers you by name and interests not just by face. Always welcoming. I wish I only saw him and no one else. The only thing I would change, when you’re dealing with “unexplained infertilty” If he showed more interest in digging a little deeper to possibly find an underlying cause somewhere. Instead of repeating the same cycle of meds 3-5 times in a row and getting the same response. Nothing more nothing less. I was up for change to try anything. But when you don’t see only him and bounce around thru the clinic I feel like it’s hard to meet goals.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gabe San Roman at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Try to communicate exactly what your goals and expectations are.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gabe San Roman at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Although I didn’t not achieve want I wanted or dreamed of, Dr Gabe’s bedside matter and care for his patients was unbelieveable. I would recommend him to anyone. I unfortunately can’t say the same about his NP’s.. but he is nothing short of wonderful.
Describe the protocols Gabe San Roman used in your cycles at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
Treatment protocol, 3 day of cycle , sonogram. Started a round of drugs, came back for monitoring twice. Triggered and went in for IUIs. Got 0 results and repeated the same medication atleast more then three times in a row, upped the dosage once . I feel like personally after the third time and getting the same failed result something somewhere should have been changed.
At first I loved his main NP dawn. But after repeating the same test after the 3rd time she became very cold and not so friendly. I almost felt like she hadn’t seen any success or moving forward with me, and I was almost like a waste of her time.
The scheduling is probably one of the clinics strengths, and how they set the flow of patients. Billing or whoever handles the insurance I can’t say the same. First I was told from the beginning my insurance covered IVf, only to find out after we were interested in proceeding ivf that it wasn’t covered. That’s a headgame In itself as it is. Other then that I have nothing bad to say about it.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gabe San Roman at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Everything was covered I paid for medication and copays. Ivf I was told was covered but turned out it was not
Describe Gabe San Roman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).

Embryo Freezing
I feel doctor singer is very kind and professional. I think he knows what he is talking about and very educated in all things IvF. He is direct and to the point and views the process as common. Although I like Dr. Singer I feel his bedside manner is lacking. I think he could be more compassionate and make a point to see a patient more than just at scheduled procedures. I met him at my first consultations and then not again until he was needed for my procedure.
The strengths of this clinic [North Shore Long Island Jewish] are the many locations. They have offices, 1 in manhattan, 1 in garden city, and 1 in manhasset. The nurses, andrologist, and sono technicians were all very kind caring and helpful. The nyc clinic is understaffed which makes for very long wait times. Each appointment I’ve waited atleast an hour to be seen. The front desk reception girls are over worked and thus can come off as rude. They are also not fully educated on the procedures and timelines. As a whole the office can feel frantic due to the under staffing which leads to less personal care.
Be prepared to wait for ALL appointments. The scheduling is not very organized and all staff from doctors to billing to reception are overworked.
I felt the nurses, andrologist, and sono technician were caring but over worked so the care was quick and frantic at times. They also seem to be last minute. I feel the front staff was unorganized and at times rude.
I am currently in my first cycle so I am unable to provide results. We will be using my husbands sperm which was retrieved through tese surgery and frozen. I will be taking FSH injections 150 and 150 of HMG. We will then do an egg retrieval and hopefully do a fresh transfer.
Melissa was amazing. She herself went through Ivf so was very understanding and easy to talk to. She was sympathetic and good at communicating next steps. Unfortunately she was over worked and overloaded with patients so the care would have been even better if this were not the case. Regardless she was caring and I really like her.
The strengths of this clinic are the many locations. They have offices, 1 in manhattan, 1 in garden city, and 1 in manhasset. The nurses, andrologist, and sono technicians were all very kind caring and helpful. The nyc clinic is understaffed which makes for very long wait times. Each appointment I’ve waited atleast an hour to be seen. The front desk reception girls are over worked and thus can come off as rude. They are also not fully educated on the procedures and timelines. As a whole the office can feel frantic due to the under staffing which leads to less personal care.
We were partially covered under Aetna insurance. We paid a portion of blood work, sonograms, egg retrieval, and fresh transfer costs. Sperm freezing and unfreezing, sperm storage, and embryo storage were all out of pocket costs which ran us just over $5,000
My doctor was open to both but did not properly educate me on the reasonings.
Some of my paperwork, like a pap from my obgyn was misfiled. The paperwork was later found but after many phone calls. My husbands tese results were never told to me. I have to call the doctor and office 3 times and was told he would let me know a few days later to then be told I need to speak with my husbands doctor after waiting for the results for a week.
Manhasset

I took clomid for a few days and Ovidrel the night before the IUI procedure [with Dr. Hershlag]...I saw the Dr, twice. Once for a consultation and 2nd for my results...After my treatment didn't result in a birth, I never received any feedback or communication from him or the staff on next steps....he doesn't give you additional information unless you ask the right questions and KNOW your stuff!...I never received a clear diagnosis or explaination on what exactly is the reason for my infertility.
The nursing staff [at Northwell Health] seemed nice but over worked and very busy...Infertility drugs are expensive and I wasn't given options to different pharmacies to consider based on my insurance...Their weakness and my recommendation are that doctors and nurses need to spend more time with patients and make sure they explain patients' diagnosis and treatment options. This is sensitive and difficult time for women, in which we are also confused. Having a compassionate team who seems like they want you to win this battle.
After my treatment didn't result in a birth, I never received any feedback or communication from him or the staff on next steps. The clinic seems too busy to give you the attention you deserve and need. I felt more like a number most times. They were one or two nurses that were very nice and compassionate but overall was not enough to make me go back.
Make sure you have all your questions and do your research because he doesn't give you additional information unless you ask the right questions and KNOW your stuff!
The doctor seemed more concerned about the money factor and already mentioning IVF on the 1st appointment/consultation and to be quite honest I never received a clear diagnosis or explaination on what exactly is the reason for my infertility. I saw the Dr, twice. Once for a consultation and 2nd for my results. I did IUI and it didn't result in a birth. I didn't return to the clinic and no one in the clinic called for a follow up either.
I remember I took clomid for a few days and Ovidrel the night before the IUI procedure.
The nursing staff seemed nice but over worked and very busy.
I don't have the best insurance but it was quite expensive and had to pay at least a co-payment for every visit.
2015 - 2018, Successful
dr san roman is very warm and has a great bedside manner. He definitely has a bit of an ego and likes to recite his accolades almost every time my husband comes with me to our visits. he is incredibly sweet and seems to be very knowledgeable, however his office is a bit disorganized...if things aren't going smoothly in your cycle, it is difficult to get in touch with him in the early stages...there is still a lack of continuity in the care that is received and the attention that is paid to the cycles
the nurse practitioners are empathetic but they are highly unorganized and tend to run the office [North Shore] when they shouldn't ...i've had experiences where you ask them questions that they can't answer, and sometimes make stuff up...the clinic is very friendly and warm. The place is very clean and flows nicely, rarely have to wait a long time...they never seem to know what meds you are on when they meet with you...they seem really disorganized
in my experience, dr san roman is very warm and has a great bedside manner. He definitely has a bit of an ego and likes to recite his accolades almost every time my husband comes with me to our visits. he is incredibly sweet and seems to be very knowledgeable, however his office is a bit disorganized
be wary of the nurse practitioner's running the show...if things aren't going smoothly in your cycle, it is difficult to get in touch with him in the early stages...after going through a total of 2 ivf cycles and 4 failed transfers with pgs tested embryos, there is still a lack of continuity in the care that is received and the attention that is paid to the cycles
I was definitely treated like a human...everyone in the office is very friendly and ends up getting to know you, especially after 2 cycles
my first stim cycle, I was placed on 1 vial of menopur and 150 of follistum, but ended up doubling that dose 3 days in...stimmed for 14 days and got 8 eggs, 7 mature. My second stim cycle, I was placed on 2 menopur and 450 follistum and stimmed for 7 days and ended up with 7 eggs. I was told when I went for a second opinion that my second cycle was an incredibly high dose especially for someone with a high ovarian reserve. We also ran into a few bumps in the road with our transfers. Our second frozen transfer was rushed, ended up with a beta of 18, but my lining wasn't responding as well as it had in the past...that ended up being a chemical. The second ivf cycle with a fresh transfer, I was told to be on progesterone 2 times a day before the transfer by the nurse, then the dr said once a day...but discontinued everything due to high progesterone levels, in which my level went from over 100 to 50 then to 2...which was never going to sustain anything....
the nurse practitioners are empathetic but they are highly unorganized and tend to run the office when they shouldn't ...i've had experiences where you ask them questions that they can't answer, and sometimes make stuff up. I have also had instances where they aren't looking at your numbers as trends but instead just one value and making decisions that are incorrect based on that...during one of my transfers, I was told to stop taking progesterone...my levels went from over 100 to 50 to 2 in the course of 4 days...no one thought to look at the trend, instead she just saw the 50 and still advised me to stay off the med. They never review your chart before they speak to you...they never seem to know what meds you are on when they meet with you...they seem really disorganized
the clinic is very friendly and warm. The place is very clean and flows nicely, rarely have to wait a long time....everyone always says hi the issue is that the dr or the nurses never seem to remember your story...even if they were to take 2 min before they see you to review your chart, it would be helpful, this doesn't ever seem to be the case
each stim cycle was around 15,000 an additional 4,000 for pgs testing and then an additional 350/embryo at the lab...also 500 for anesthesia for retrieval stim meds were not included in the 15,000
he's preference is to transfer 1 embryo if they are pgs tested
disorganization I explained details earlier
Smithtown

I feel that a doctor should take the time to follow up with his patients especially after experiencing a loss like we did, by him [Dr. Hershlag] not reaching out it made us feel we were not important to him and had us looking for another clinic...When we reached out we got the runaround and were told to speak with nurses who were not even his direct nurse...Be prepared to be suffled around to various doctors during your office visits and make sure you are ok with taking the lead in your own treatment as he does not do much follow up with his patients, you will usually talk to other doctors/nurses to get the information that you need.
The staff at the front desk [of North Shore] was always helpful and the nurses in the surgery room were so caring however; it was kind of like a factory feel at times because you were never sure what doctor you were seeing and at times they misplaced my paperwork which was a little unsettling...Jenny [nurse] was always willing to answer questions or provide information about my cycle however; there were some mistakes made in having me order medicine I never needed but on the other hand if I ran out of needed medication Jenny did try to help connect me to some extra meds if she had some available
At first we really liked Dr Herslag however after our second failed transfer he never called to follow up with us or to discuss another plan. When we reached out we got the runaround and were told to speak with nurses who were not even his direct nurse. I feel that a doctor should take the time to follow up with his patients especially after experiencing a loss like we did, by him not reaching out it made us feel we were not important to him and had us looking for another clinic.
During my first round with Dr Herslag he seemed really attentive and concerned about our process however; during the second round I feel he did not take an active interest in our case and after our second failed cycle he never even called to follow up or discuss next steps with us. When we reached out to follow up we got the runaround which made us want to consider starting treatment at another clinic
At first we tried 6 cycles of IUI which failed and then we did a frozen transfer cycle which also didn’t take. Dr. Herslag recommended me for uterine surgery to open up a blocked tube and then did another transfer which was unsuccessful
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Jenny )
Jenny was always willing to answer questions or provide information about my cycle however; there were some mistakes made in having me order medicine I never needed but on the other hand if I ran out of needed medication Jenny did try to help connect me to some extra meds if she had some available
The staff at the front desk was always helpful and the nurses in the surgery room were so caring however; it was kind of like a factory feel at times because you were never sure what doctor you were seeing and at times they misplaced my paperwork which was a little unsettling
All the lab fees were out of pocket and insurance only covered 70%
They made me order medicine that I never wound up needing and when I questioned them about this they couldn’t give me an answer as to why this was

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Dr Hershlag was very cold in his consultation appointments. He didn't seem very compassionate or understanding to me. This was the first fertility doctor I had ever gone to and I expected him to be more positive and sensitive in his approach. I also wasn't given detailed information as to the process of this whole thing. He passed me off to the nurses to give me instructions and even then I was left googling info on my own because this was so new to me and I didn't understand everything involved. I just felt like he never had time for me
Scheduling appointments [at North shore Long Island Jewish] were terrible. They were never accommodating to your schedule and it didn't matter what appointment time you got you were always waiting a long time before going in. Twice their credit card machine was down and payments wouldn't go through so instead of billing you, they wanted you to call their financial department to arrange payments. It really seemed like every department worked separately
Dr Herslag was very cold in his consultation appointments. He didn't seem very compassionate or understanding to me. This was the first fertility doctor I had ever gone to and I expected him to be more positive and sensitive in his approach. I also wasn't given detailed information as to the process of this whole thing. He passed me off to the nurses to give me instructions and even then I was left googling info on my own because this was so new to me and I didn't understand everything involved. I just felt like he never had time for me
He never runs on time and you can expect to wait up to an hour or more in the waiting room
It was extremely hard to get an appointment that worked with my work schedule. The office was very business like. No one knew your name at the front desk and I would wait anywhere from 1 to 2 hours in the waiting room for my appointment because the doctor was always running late. Dr Herslag did not give me all the information. He would pass me off onto a nurse to give me info. I felt like he was indifferent and cold
We never got that far for real treatments. I saw him about 4 times maybe 5. I did genetic testing blood work with them and the lab list my records after weeks of me calling to find out the results. They even had to take more blood to finish some of the genetic testings. And the lab they sent the blood work to billed my via email and I didn't know it wasn't covered as part of the office visit copay. He also sent me to the hospital to do that test to make sure the Fallopian tubes were clear. And I went to an outside lab for a 3 hour glucose blood work test. After all these testings he wanted to start immediately with IVF but I wanted to try IUI first. He said fine but he won't do more than 2 or 3 IUI treatments. I just didn't feel comfortable at all with him.
It was odd. The nursing staff always seemed busy and running around. They would give me printed paperwork with information rather than sit down and talk to me
Scheduling appointments were terrible. They were never accommodating to your schedule and it didn't matter what appointment time you got you were always waiting a long time before going in. Twice their credit card machine was down and payments wouldn't go through so instead of billing you, they wanted you to call their financial department to arrange payments. It really seemed like every department worked separately
I pretty much had the insurance copay only. I never did an IUI or IVF treatment with dr Herslag's office but it would have been out of pocket expense for me because insurance wasn't covering it
The big thing for me was the genetic lab work. They lost my results and it took them over a month to figure out that the lab requested more blood to finish running tests so I had to go back and give blood. Then this lab billed me through personal email which I don't check often. They never sent a bill in the mail or called. Only sent an email. I didn't even know this lab work wasn't covered under the copay at the doctors office. The doctors office itself was really bad with giving information especially if you were new to all of this. I left confused and unsure of what was happening or what I was supposed to do next. It seemed rushed always when I was with the doctor and nurses.
Mineola

2014 - 2015, Unsuccessful
Dr Singer was very kind and compassionate. He seemed very overworked and we would wait a long time in the waiting room to see him. But once it was our turn he spent a lot of time with us ...Rather than adjusting my protocol, he blamed the ivf not working on the fact my embryos are abnormal. He pushed for PGS but we never got enough embryos on day 5 for it to make sense finacially. It was very frustrating to go through 3 ivf cycles at 31-32 years old and be told over and over all my embryos are abnormal.
Dr Singers office [North Shore] in NYC is small and crowded. It’s annoying to drive to Long Island for weekend monitoring and all ivf proceedures....The nurses were fine. No complaints. They were nice, seemed frazzled most of the time and overwhemed..... The clinic itself was fine...Seemed understaffed and Dr Singer was running around from patient to patient to the point where he was literally sweating. He needed more help and probably a new set of eggs on my case.
Dr Singer is a wonderful person who seems to really care about his patients. However, he thought Id be an easy case and I was far from. Rather than adjusting my protocol, he blamed the ivf not working on the fact my embryos are abnormal. He pushed for PGS but we never got enough embryos on day 5 for it to make sense finacially. It was very frustrating to go through 3 ivf cycles at 31-32 years old and be told over and over all my embryos are abnormal. When I did switch clinics, I did do PGS for the first time and 7/10 of my embryos were normal. I do not think Dr Singer was willing to look for another answer so leaving his clinic was the right choice for us.
I think this goes for any clinic and any doctor, but my advice is know when to move on. Doctor Singer was the first doctor I saw and was convinced if he did not get me pregnant, then no one could. After 3 fresh ivf cylces and 4 transfers I finally went somewhere else and did end up having a child after two ivf cycles there.
Dr Singer was very kind and compassionate. He seemed very overworked and we would wait a long time in the waiting room to see him. But once it was our turn he spent a lot of time with us and was very kind and compassionate. When I had a miscarriage he seemed upset and gave me a hug.
I was on very high doses of meds for my age. 300 gonal f, 300 menapur. I have no idea why that was my dose or rational behind it. I got 10 eggs, 13 eggs and 15 eggs during my 3 cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Gina and Amy)
I have to think their lab is not as good as the top in the city. I believe their lab director left during my time there. Dr Singers office in NYC is small and crowded. It’s annoying to drive to Long Island for weekend monitoring and all ivf proceedures.
I did the Attain IVF money back program. That was a flat cost for 3 cycles. Money back if no success.
I transferred two embryos every time because my embryos were always poor quality. We never discusses a single transfer due to my situation.
I was mostly frustrated by the results of my ivf proceedures and I think Dr Singer was too. The clinic itself was fine. Certainly not the well oiled machine the way Cornell is. Seemed understaffed and Dr Singer was running around from patient to patient to the point where he was literally sweating. He needed more help and probably a new set of eggs on my case.
2012 - 2015, Successful
When first meeting with Dr. Mullin I felt totally comfortable. She diagnosed my PCOS right away and explained everything to me... After talking with other people who have a similar diagnosis as me, I wish that I had pushed to try Metformin or even injectables for an IUI before spending so much on IVF...Dr. Mullin is part of a big network of doctors at NSLIJ but she also has her own office in Garden City. When you are at Dr. Mullin's office you feel like a person but at the hospital I felt like a number.
Dr. Mullin is part of a big network of doctors at NSLIJ but she also has her own office in Garden City. When you are at Dr. Mullin's office you feel like a person but at the hospital I felt like a number....Monitoring appointments were done very early in the morning. You signed in and went to the back to have blood drawn, then waited to be called to see a doctor. Wait could be anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour depending on which doctor was on call that day.
How was your experience with Christine Mullin at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
When first meeting with Dr. Mullin I felt totally comfortable. She diagnosed my PCOS right away and explained everything to me. We did one cycle of Clomid which I didn't respond to and then one cycle of Letrazole which I didn't respond to. She then suggested IVF since we had no coverage for infertility she said she didn't want to waste our money with oral medications since she felt we would do best with IVF. I trusted her and moved along, which did get me pregnant. After talking with other people who have a similar diagnosis as me, I wish that I had pushed to try Metformin or even injectables for an IUI before spending so much on IVF.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christine Mullin at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Ask a lot of questions and follow your gut.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christine Mullin at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Describe the protocols Christine Mullin used in your cycles at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
For my IVF cycle I was on Follistim and Lupron. I don't remember the specifics though.
The nursing staff was very nice. Again, in Dr. Mullin's office they were friendlier because there were less of them. At the hospital, you see a different nurse at every appointment.
The practice is very by the book which happened to work for me but they don't flex a lot as far I was concerned. If something didn't work once, they didn't try again. They are also a little rude if you decide to see an OBGYN or neonatologist outside of their network.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christine Mullin at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
We did not have infertility coverage so everything was paid for out of pocket. We opted to enroll in the Attain program through NSLIJ which was about $15,000 and covered 2 fresh cycles and 2 frozen cycles until you had your 'take home baby.'
Christine Mullin

2010 - 2011, Successful
She is a good doctor [Dr. Rausch] - sensitive to my concerns, answered my questions. I feel that she was frank in giving me the likelihood that various procedures would work. The issue was that I didn't see her very often. It was much more often other doctors in the practice...We tried Clomid for IUI's, but we cancelled the cycles because I responded to Clomid too much for me to feel comfortable (I didn't want multiples). We reduced the Clomid dose and I still responded too much. So we opted to then move to single embryo transfer IVF. I was lucky to get pregnant on my first cycle.
I won't say that it was 100% bad, obviously, but I had so, so many negative experiences there [North Shore Long Island Jewish]. Overall, there's a widespread customer service issue at that clinic. Some of it is rudeness. Some of it is unprofessionalism...it was like pulling teeth to get my records. One time, someone in the office went on vacation, and my records request just sat there on their desk. No one dealt with it. Another time, the records were in a storage facility, and - oops! - the courier forgot to get my records.
How was your experience with Mary Rausch at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
She is a good doctor - sensitive to my concerns, answered my questions. I feel that she was frank in giving me the likelihood that various procedures would work. The issue was that I didn't see her very often. It was much more often other doctors in the practice.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mary Rausch at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
You need to be open to seeing the other doctors most of the time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mary Rausch at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
She was open to my concerns, and addressed them. We had an informative IVF consultation with her where she answered our questions.
Describe the protocols Mary Rausch used in your cycles at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
I had had 2 IUI's (after 2 previous IUI's elsewhere), all unmedicated. We tried Clomid for IUI's, but we cancelled the cycles because I responded to Clomid too much for me to feel comfortable (I didn't want multiples). We reduced the Clomid dose and I still responded too much. So we opted to then move to single embryo transfer IVF. I was lucky to get pregnant on my first cycle.
They taught me how to use the medications, which was fine. Carol (I think her name was) gave me a calendar of the treatment plan, but she explained it to me one week off from what it actually ended up being. I think she was confused. But it was an unfortunate mistake because I ended up scheduling work stuff on what ended up being the wrong week, and later had to cancel my work stuff. (Pretty inconvenient.) Many of the nurses were nice, but some were not nice. For example, I was once at a satellite clinic in Forest Hills and needed to give a urine sample. They asked me to bring it into the waiting area and wait in line. That seemed embarrassing to me - to hold my cup of pee in front of everyone - so I tried to give it to them via a side door. They refused. They made me hold my cup of pee in the waiting area, waiting in line. I was also livid with the nurse Carol when I tried to request my records and transport my embryos (this was years later, when I lived elsewhere). She kept messing up. Like she would e-mail me to the wrong e-mail address. I would call her and she wouldn't call me back, assuming that things worked themselves out. Really unprofessional. Not detail-oriented at all. Meanwhile, I was really stressed out that my embryos wouldn't end up getting transported properly, in time for my cycle. Such a frustrating experience.
I won't say that it was 100% bad, obviously, but I had so, so many negative experiences there. Overall, there's a widespread customer service issue at that clinic. Some of it is rudeness. Some of it is unprofessionalism. I had a doctor say something really insensitive to me there, and I felt really lousy when that happened. (The story: I wasn't responding well to the IVF medication, so they kept upping my dose, and I was getting nervous if the cycle would be a bust. So the doctor walks into the room and says to me "boy, aren't you on a lot of medication?!" Why would he say that to me?? Duh, I was on a lot of medication. But it's just not something you say to someone who is stressed out and hormonal and worried they will never be able to have children.) I also had a hell of a time when I needed to transfer my records. I needed to transfer them twice because I kept moving to new states (and thus new clinics). Every time, it was like pulling teeth to get my records. One time, someone in the office went on vacation, and my records request just sat there on their desk. No one dealt with it. Another time, the records were in a storage facility, and - oops! - the courier forgot to get my records. But, seriously, it was like that over and over and over. Transfering records and transporting embryos was a huge project, like a part-time job, to deal with this clinic. It got so messed up that I wasn't sure if the transport was going to happen. I just can't emphasize enough how bad their office is run. I have called and yelled at the office manager at least a couple of times. It's just such a shame. They gave me an amazing gift, which was having my children. But I just have such negative memories of that clinic. It's like, it's bad enough to go through infertility, but then to also deal with rude/unprofessional people. I wish I could say they have changed since I was a patient there 6 years ago, but I know from dealing with them more recently (for transferring records and transporting embryos), that they still have major issues over there.
Describe Mary Rausch's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Doctors were respectful of my decision. I also asked for remaining embryos to be frozen singly. They said that it was good that I requested that, because presumably they are used to freezing in pairs.
I described above how their clinic is poorly run. So super frustrating.
Mary Rausch
Manhasset

[Dr. Singer is] a nice guy, but not sure if I trust him enough to go through a cycle with him. He sounds like a car salesman more so than a doctor when he described the procedures....I waited 3 hours to see Dr. Singer. My appointment was at 10 a.m. but I didn't see him until close to 2 p.m. So NOT considerate to patients...I was very disappointed after seeing him and spoke to him during consultation.
RaChel [nurse at Northwell Health] who I had spoken with during consultation was nice, but when I called to get some bloodwork results some other nurses who answered the phone was not very nice...They were not up front about co-insurances and co-pays for genetic testing and radiological imaging tests...The wait time was way too long! I feel like they don't value patient's time. If they valued their patients time, I wouldn't have had to wait 3 hours to see Dr. Singer for a consultation on my first visit. Not to mention their front desk, no one ever answers to make an appointment or to change appointments. How frustrating!!
He's a nice guy, but not sure if I trust him enough to go through a cycle with him. He sounds like a car salesman more so than a doctor when he described the procedures. He seemed to be more interested in getting more patients which equals more profit than his success rates per each patients. I was very disappointed after seeing him and spoke to him during consultation.
Don't go there!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: RaChel)
RaChel who I had spoken with during consultation was nice, but when I called to get some bloodwork results some other nurses who answered the phone was not very nice.
We had the hardest time getting medical records from this clinic. It took 6 and a half weeks to get them! Also, my thyroid level was not within normal range, they didn't call me about it. I found out after looking at medical records 6 and a half weeks later.
Lenox Hill

He [Dr. Scholl] was awful. Terrible bedside manner. Refused to listen to you. Would always ‘sigh’ when you had a question. Had no faith. Very textbook. Would never want to hear about other things I read regarding DOR. Had no interest in adjusting meds or doses. Just plain awful... same meds and doses...He never wanted to answer questions. He refused to change protocols. He did same protocol for everyone despite their diagnosis. On first meeting he already said I should go straight to donor egg.
About $25,000 The cycle itself is $17500 and plus the cost of meds [at Northwell Health]...Strength — great monitoring hours Weakness — hospital run. Awful doctors and protocols. They treat everyone the same. Literally just a number. Sometimes they didn’t even remember what meds you were on...Kathy [nurse] was amazing. The other nurses I didn’t really know... didn’t have any options since I didn’t have many embryos
How was your experience with Gerald Scholl at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
He was awful. Terrible bedside manner. Refused to listen to you. Would always ‘sigh’ when you had a question. Had no faith. Very textbook. Would never want to hear about other things I read regarding DOR. Had no interest in adjusting meds or doses. Just plain awful.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gerald Scholl at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Run fast. He doesn’t care about you as an infertile woman. You’re just another number
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gerald Scholl at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Describe the protocols Gerald Scholl used in your cycles at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
Cycle 1- clomid gonal f 300 and menopur 4 vials — concerted to iui Cycle 2 - same meds, but with Estrogen priming. 3 follicles. One blast pgs abnormal Cycle 3 — same meds and doses, estrogen priming protocol, 4 follicles, one fertilized. 3 day FET — BFN
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Kathy)
Kathy was amazing. The other nurses I didn’t really know.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gerald Scholl at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
About $25,000 The cycle itself is $17500 and plus the cost of meds
Describe Gerald Scholl's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
I didn’t have any options since I didn’t have many embryos
Gerald Scholl
Manhasset
Dr. Hershlag was amazing and individualized treatment to your personal diagnosis and needs!...so knowledgeable in what he does and so protective of his patients, always wanting to be the one to see them if possible and manage their care. He goes above and beyond to individualize your treatment plans to your diagnosis and needs and is so encouraging and hopeful every step of the way...
clinic [Northwell Health] was fine but doctor hershlag was the one who made it excellent. sometimes it feels like a factory since its so busy but the care dr. hershlag provided overshadowed that...He may not seem so warm from the beginning but he truly is once you get to know him and has your best interests at heart always.
He is amazing! so knowledgeable in what he does and so protective of his patients, always wanting to be the one to see them if possible and manage their care. He goes above and beyond to individualize your treatment plans to your diagnosis and needs and is so encouraging and hopeful every step of the way. I truly felt like i was in the best hands and owe him so much and am so grateful that he gave us the gift of becoming parents. He has since left northwell and we have moved out of state and my biggest regret about that is that we will not be able to see dr hershlag for future treatments. I strongly recommend him to everyone I know though because he is really the best and I can say that even more so after comparing him to other doctors I've seen after moving away. No doctor ive had experience with is as good as dr. hershlag.
clinic was fine but doctor hershlag was the one who made it excellent. sometimes it feels like a factory since its so busy but the care dr. hershlag provided overshadowed that.
was fine