6.8

285 Middle Country Road
Smithtown, NY 11787
(631) 650 2229

2017 - 2020, Unsuccessful
... he [Dr. Scholl] is very traditional and is not willing to customize individual treatment plans for my body. I asked him about less aggressive ivf and he completely ruled it out and said he believes its a waste of time and that the traditional ivf treatment would be more beneficial. I just do not believe in the one size fits all treatment model. My treatment needs to be individualized to my needs. I have suffered a miscarriage at 20 weeks( pre term labor) and at 6( heterotopic miscarriage-blighted ovum and an ectopic pregnancy) leading to the loss of my left fallopian tube.
I wish they [Northwell Health] acted as though they knew why you were coming to receive services. We as patients are putting our trust or lives our life savings into the hands of these providers. The least you would expect to compassion. ... I felt more like a number at times when i I would have my visits. Majority were with the NP snd rarely saw provider. I felt that my treatment was not tailored to my lab results.it was more of a one size fits all model.
How was your experience with Gerald Scholl at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
With age comes knowledge which he has but he is very traditional and is not willing to customize individual treatment plans for my body. I asked him about less aggressive ivf and he completely ruled it out and said he believes its a waste of time and that the traditional ivf treatment would be more beneficial. I just do not believe in the one size fits all treatment model. My treatment needs to be individualized to my needs. I have suffered a miscarriage at 20 weeks( pre term labor) and at 6( heterotopic miscarriage-blighted ovum and an ectopic pregnancy) leading to the loss of my left fallopian tube.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gerald Scholl at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Be prepared with questions and provide input in your treatment plan
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gerald Scholl at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Describe the protocols Gerald Scholl used in your cycles at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
I did 3 rounds of clomid. 1st was with clomid 5 days and iui with insemination, 2nd and 3rd were clomid with intercourse with partner. 3rd resulted with twin pregnancies but miscarried at 6 weeks
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Busy and never really had time to speak about treatment plan. Everything seemed rushed
Describe your experience with Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Large pool of providers to select from however you feel more like a number than a person. I wish they acted as though they knew why you were coming to receive services. We as patients are putting our trust or lives our life savings into the hands of these providers. The least you would expect to compassion.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gerald Scholl at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
$40 copayment every vist. Sometimes 3 times a week appointments. IUI cost about 6k but insurance covered. My ivf i would have to pay 20% of cost
Describe Gerald Scholl's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
I would select single embryo transfer due my history of cervical of incompetence.
What specific things went wrong at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Had to keep calling about my lab results. Didn't catch my ectopic pregnancy earlier with played a role in my losing afallopian tube.
Gerald Scholl
Manhasset
IUI with donor sperm as a single mom. She [Dr. Noyes] perscriped chlomid for the second cycle to increase chance, which made sense. Based on factors like my age, insurance coverage and financial concerns, Dr. Noyes helped me determine a treatment course including 4-6 rounds of IUI with and then will consider IVF...is straight and to the point. She listens well and adapted care to my particular needs. The nurses at her clinic are great, they are caring, warm, and treat me like person. They are very good at staying in touch and remembering details about me - both those relevant to treatment and personal details. Doctor Nps
Great nursing staff [at Northwell Health]. Good compotent doctors. However you dont always see your doctor at every monitoring/scan, some times another doctor is on duty. The billing/insurance department is a little less helpful. They are satisfactory and do their job, but are not as good communicators (curt answers without warmth or detailed explanations - you have to be assertive and ask a lot of questions)...They are wonderful. They are warm, fun, professional, very organized, they stay in good touch and give clear instructions, with compassion. Highly competent team.
How was your experience with Nicole Noyes at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Dr. Noyes is no nonesense, which I appreciate. She is clear and frank. She listened well to my goals, concerns and questions and adapted treatment accordingly. She was helpful in thinking through options that were best for my lifestyle, budget, insurance, age etc. She inspired confidence.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nicole Noyes at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Advice for seeing any doctor - take time before going in to your appointments to organize your thoughts and list out your questions, then make sure to go through them systematically with the doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nicole Noyes at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Dr. Noyes is straight and to the point. She listens well and adapted care to my particular needs. The nurses at her clinic are great, they are caring, warm, and treat me like person. They are very good at staying in touch and remembering details about me - both those relevant to treatment and personal details.
Describe the protocols Nicole Noyes used in your cycles at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
IUI with donor sperm as a single mom. She perscriped chlomid for the second cycle to increase chance, which made sense. Based on factors like my age, insurance coverage and financial concerns, Dr. Noyes helped me determine a treatment course including 4-6 rounds of IUI with and then will consider IVF.
Great nursing staff. Good compotent doctors. However you dont always see your doctor at every monitoring/scan, some times another doctor is on duty. The billing/insurance department is a little less helpful. They are satisfactory and do their job, but are not as good communicators (curt answers without warmth or detailed explanations - you have to be assertive and ask a lot of questions).
Describe Nicole Noyes's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Nicole Noyes
Bay Shore

The second cycle the only thing he [Dr. Hershlag] did differently was stim me for a day longer and lowered my Menopur a little...He was on vacation throughout my first cycle and I have no idea who was in charge of stimming and triggering me...I don’t believe there was a specific strategy... my two egg retrieval’s were basic protocol...He preferred eSET. The first FET was eSET because it was PGS/PGD normal and the second one we put in 2 embryos because 1 didn’t have enough data from the biopsy to be tested and we only had 2 left to transfer anyway. He didn’t want to do this but we insisted. Both FETs were failures and both had at least one PGS tested embryo transferred.
The place [Northwell Health] is a factory and if you want very individualized personal care your not going to get it here... There are times when the nurses and doctors expect you to know what they’re doing and they don’t explain anything. You need to stop them and ask questions. You have to keep on track of the treatment plan as often times the nurses and doctors will ask you... “what are we doing again”. Very reassuring when your paying $17,000 out of pocket for treatment.
How was your experience with Avner Hershlag at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Dr. Hershlag seems to have good intentions, however has way too many patients that he can’t remember what he’s doing with everyone. There were several times where I had to remind him what we were doing which was very frustrating. All he had to do was take a look at notes from our previous meeting to prepare himself but he doesn’t. I’m just a number to him. Only really saw him for my embryo transfers. He didn’t do one of my egg retrieval’s and a nurse practitioner did my IUI... never saw him throughout both stim cycles or IUI cycle. I feel like my care was just basic protocol and not geared to me individually. The place is a factory.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Avner Hershlag at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Make sure you go into a meeting with him with written down specific questions and take notes of exactly what he says. Don’t let him rush you into a decision. Ask follow up questions. You have to be your own advocate.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Avner Hershlag at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
The clinic is like a factory. I have barely seen my actual doctor less than half the time I’m there. Dr. Hershlag never reviewed my file prior to meeting with me and forgot everything we discussed and the plan of action we finalized moving forward. The nurses were the only ones who knew everything and treated us like humans.
Describe the protocols Avner Hershlag used in your cycles at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
I don’t believe there was a specific strategy... my two egg retrieval’s were basic protocol. The second cycle the only thing he did differently was stim me for a day longer and lowered my Menopur a little. First cycle we got only 1, 7day old embryo and second cycle 3, 6-7 day old embryos. We had a total of 22 eggs retrieved, both cycles combined. The first egg retrieval I was triggered with only 1,000 units of hcg which is why I think I barely had any mature eggs (4, from 12). The second cycle I was triggered with 10,000 units of hcg and had 6 out of 10 mature eggs. He was on vacation throughout my first cycle and I have no idea who was in charge of stimming and triggering me. Also first egg retrieval was done by a dr I’ve never met from the other clinic location.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Jackie)
Nurses are very sweet and caring. Sometimes it’s difficult to get in touch with the nurse or clinic for that matter when you have an important question. I felt like my nurse was my dr and that I barely had a doctor. She did make one major mistake by sending the wrong requisition form to the PGS lab. This was resolved but created a 2 week setback for my first embryo transfer.
The place is a factory and if you want very individualized personal care your not going to get it here. I’m not sure about the other doctors in this office but with my doctor you just simply didn’t get it. You will be many of the other doctors during your time here and some are better than others. There are times when the nurses and doctors expect you to know what they’re doing and they don’t explain anything. You need to stop them and ask questions. You have to keep on track of the treatment plan as often times the nurses and doctors will ask you... “what are we doing again”. Very reassuring when your paying $17,000 out of pocket for treatment.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
It was a factory... come on in between 7-8 am for blood and sono. Some days you would get in and out fast, others you would wait an hour. It’s hit or miss.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Avner Hershlag at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Our first ivf cycle was a PGS/PGD cycle that cost us $17,000. Meds are not included and that cost us about $4,000 (which we paid twice because we did two egg retrieval’s). The second egg retrieval was $10,000 because we had some credit from the first cycle. Our lab testing for 4 embryos (PGS/PGD) was $4,600 (coopergenomics). The first FET was included in the price and second FET was $4,000. Anesthesia for each egg retrieval was $500 each time.
Describe Avner Hershlag's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
There were two times during the two cycles I’ve done where the office just didn’t call me with my stim protocol or leave a message so I had to guess to take the same dosage of medicine from my stim the previous day. They say I will get a call by 5pm but if you don’t then the office is closed and there’s no one to get in touch with for the answer. The clinic also sent the wrong requisition form to the lab for my biopsies. They sent them to be banked and not tested, meanwhile we wanted them tested and were prepping with Estrace for our FET. The clinic told us to call the lab for results and when we called they said they had no results becaue our clinic never told them to test the biopsies. They eventually tested but it set back our transfer for 2 weeks. I was very disappointed with our clinic after this.
2018, 6 Eggs Frozen
Ask a lot of questions as he [Dr. Singer] is extremely knowledgeable but initially just goes over the more general “summary”...He explained everything patiently and thoroughly. I texted him over a weekend with a question to which he responded instantly. He is very smart and has exceptional bedside manner...is always smiling and enthusiastic but also realistic about the whole process.
All the nurses and staff [at North Shore] were kind, compassionate and helpful...All [nurses] were thorough though some felt a little inexperienced. I never felt they weren’t completely in control...The nurses lost my pap results which were sent over before I started. I was asked several times about if it was sent - to which I confirmed it was in fact sent and reviewed with the nurse - before I was asked to have it resent. A solid week. The retrieval was on a Friday morning. I was told I’d get results on Friday afternoon or Saturday morning. No one returned my calls Saturday or Sunday but I did get a call on late Monday with the results.
How was your experience with Tomer Singer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
He explained everything patiently and thoroughly. I texted him over a weekend with a question to which he responded instantly. He is very smart and has exceptional bedside manner. Dr Singer is always smiling and enthusiastic but also realistic about the whole process.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tomer Singer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Ask a lot of questions as he is extremely knowledgeable but initially just goes over the more general “summary”
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tomer Singer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
All the nurses and staff were kind, compassionate and helpful.
Describe the protocols Tomer Singer used in your cycles at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
225 follistin, 150 menapur. Follistin was increased to 300 after 5 days. Ganarelix for 4 nights. Then the trigger of Pregnyl. Every other day for blood/sonogram the first 6 days then daily after that.
All were thorough though some felt a little inexperienced. I never felt they weren’t completely in control but they all seemed fairly young.
Strengths: I felt looked after and cared for and they were all smart and kind. Plus the procedure went well. Weakness: it’s very difficult to get a hold of people in the office if not physically there.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tomer Singer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
9,000 per cycle plus egg storage and not including medication

2015 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr Mullin is very to the point - she does not sugar coat. She gives you the results and the percentage of chance things can go the way you want them to. She never says no - but will always give you the probability of a positive wether you want to hear it or not. She is very cautious and does not get overly excited...She is fact and reality based and won't fill you up with dreams and maybes. She also does not take risks her goal is to give you one healthy baby at a time.
There are busy hours [at North Shore] so be sure to ask if it is a busy time when making your appointment - Mornings are typically a packed office. If you are going the route of donor eggs - their in house donor pool is not that big so go into that with a you can't be too choosy mindset unless you are willing to pay the extra expenses of going to an egg bank or hiring your own donor both of which can get quite costly as you will need to pay for them to go through the clinics approval process...Everyone in the office will know your name and will give you a big greeting when you arrive. The receptionist knows where everyone is in their cycle and the nurses are all fantastic. They listen and care...The nurses are fabulous at both offices - Mineola and Manhassat. They are caring and supportive and very comforting during a very difficult process. They are not the best communicators and sometimes forget to inform the rest of team about an appointment or a request you made so be sure to write down everything you discuss with them and which nurse you are talking with.
How was your experience with Christine Mullin at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christine Mullin at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Be sure to go there with an open mind and be prepared to hear things that might go against what you dream of. She is fact and reality based and won't fill you up with dreams and maybes. She also does not take risks her goal is to give you one healthy baby at a time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christine Mullin at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Describe the protocols Christine Mullin used in your cycles at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
My first cycles were IUI cycles - We were prescribed injectables (Menapur and Gonal-f). The rational for using the injectables was to get me to create as many follicles as possible due to my advanced maternal age. Although I did create follicles both of these cycles were negatives. My recent cycle was a donor egg transfer. I was prescribed oral meds - Estrace and some antibiotics. Then after the transfer, I am continuing with Estrace and Progesterone in Oil injections for about 10 weeks. We are currently pregnant and awaiting our 8 week sonogram.
The clinic is clean and calming. There are busy hours so be sure to ask if it is a busy time when making your appointment - Mornings are typically a packed office. If you are going the route of donor eggs - their in house donor pool is not that big so go into that with a you can't be too choosy mindset unless you are willing to pay the extra expenses of going to an egg bank or hiring your own donor both of which can get quite costly as you will need to pay for them to go through the clinics approval process.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christine Mullin at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
All office visits went through insurance as well as my IUI cycles so I was only responsible for the co-pay. But my donor cycle was not covered under insurance at all. We were responsible for the entire cycle which when all was said and done it cost us about $32,000. We were the sole recipients of the eggs - so if you did a shared cycle it would be a bit less expensive.
Describe Christine Mullin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Dr Mullin only believes in a single embryo transfer. She feels it is safer. Unless you are under age 35 and specifically request a multi embryo transfer but be prepared to hear all the risks of multi births and how it increases your chance of miscarriage.
Mineola

Dr. San Roman is very warm and goes to great lengths to make you feel comfortable. However, sometimes his well-meaning jokes miss the mark—for example joking that you are ruining his statistics. ... I feel that he is too willing to try the same treatment without really changing the protocol after failed procedures. I felt I had to advocate a lot for myself for him to change our protocol when we got less that optimal results from my first egg retrieval and failed frozen transfer.
Because there is only one doctor working out of the office [Northwell Health], the wait times can be pretty long. I always gave myself at least an hour to spend at the office. The facility and equipment were always clean and sanitary. The procedures are done at the manhasset facility, which can be inconvenient for someone living in Eastern Suffolk.
How was your experience with Gabe San Roman at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Dr. San Roman is very warm and took the time to explain procedures to us. He is very busy as the only doctor operating out of the office so more often than not, we met with the nurse practitioner and not the doctor. I feel that he is too willing to try the same treatment without really changing the protocol after failed procedures. I felt I had to advocate a lot for myself for him to change our protocol when we got less that optimal results from my first egg retrieval and failed frozen transfer.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gabe San Roman at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Advocate for yourself—do your own research and press him to consider other protocols when the basic protocol does not work for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gabe San Roman at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
The nursing staff is very good. They showed compassion at all stages of treatment.
Because there is only one doctor working out of the office, the wait times can be pretty long. I always gave myself at least an hour to spend at the office. The facility and equipment were always clean and sanitary. The procedures are done at the manhasset facility, which can be inconvenient for someone living in Eastern Suffolk.
It was an efficient-well oiled machine— you got an appointment time which staggered patients, but the wait times could still get quite long
Describe Gabe San Roman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Dr. San Roman was unwilling to transfer multiple embryos because we did PGS testing.
Gabe San Roman
Smithtown

Dr. Mullin spent a lot of time with me and always answered all of my questions...She explained everything in detail and gave me realistic expectations. She always made me feel hopeful. I appreciate that her approach is not aggressive and she is a doctor who likes to try the least invasive procedures first and works her way up to more Invasive treatment like ivf...tell her your concerns and ask her for her honest opinion because she’ll give it to you.
I only had an interaction with one nurse {at Northwell Health] and I found her to be the least friendly of the office. She was blunt and to the point and didn’t seem to show as much companion as other staff...For my medication I spent around $175 and my IUI was $350...Small clinic with one doctor even though she is part of a large practice. This allows you to feel like a person as opposed to a number. Everyone knows your name and the staff remembers you. Everyone is very friendly and I felt comfortable there.
I found Dr. Mullin to be warm and companionate but also very to the point which I appreciated it. She explained everything in detail and gave me realistic expectations. She always made me feel hopeful. I appreciate that her approach is not aggressive and she is a doctor who likes to try the least invasive procedures first and works her way up to more Invasive treatment like ivf.
To be honest with her and ask as many questions as you have. Tell her your concerns and ask her for her honest opinion because she’ll give it to you.
Dr. Mullin spent a lot of time with me and always answered all of my questions. I felt like I was a person and not a number. Her staff would greet me by name and always remembered who I was.
She did monitoring with blood and ultrasound, prescribed letrozole and a trigger shot of hcg in preparation of IUI.
I only had an interaction with one nurse and I found her to be the least friendly of the office. She was blunt and to the point and didn’t seem to show as much companion as other staff.
My insurance only covers office visits and consultations, not procedures. For my medication I spent around $175 and my IUI was $350.
Mineola

Dr. Hershlag was candid about how he felt about my weight. We feel that he diminished the possible male factor infertility possibility. Multiple blood tests were done when i first became a patient, but during treatment, no further tests to find the cause of infertility were performed.... We have done 6 IUIs. First was 100mg clomid and trigger (chemical) next two were 150mg clomid and ovidrel. I expressed a *maybe* concern with my luteal phase and he added crinone for the next 3. One more round of clomid/ovidrel/crinone. Switched to femara 2x a day with trigger and crinone for 2 rounds which resulted in chemicals. I am not sure why the amounts or medicines were decided on, he mentioned PCOS a few times and if i said "oh is that what youve diagnosed me with" he always said no.
Dr. Hershlag [at North Shore Long Island] was candid about how he felt about my weight. We feel that he diminished the possible male factor infertility possibility. Multiple blood tests were done when i first became a patient, but during treatment, no further tests to find the cause of infertility were performed.... We have done 6 IUIs. First was 100mg clomid and trigger (chemical) next two were 150mg clomid and ovidrel. I expressed a *maybe* concern with my luteal phase and he added crinone for the next 3. One more round of clomid/ovidrel/crinone. Switched to femara 2x a day with trigger and crinone for 2 rounds which resulted in chemicals. I am not sure why the amounts or medicines were decided on, he mentioned PCOS a few times and if i said "oh is that what youve diagnosed me with" he always said no.
Dr. Hershlag was candid about how he felt about my weight. We feel that he dinished the possible male factor infertility possibility. Multiple blood tests were done when i first became a patient, but during treatment, no further tests to find the cause of infertility were performed.
I guess be more proactive in advocating for yourself
At times he seemed caring and interested, while others it was just lets get this done. Our expressed concern with the lack of diagnoses seems to be ignored.
Front desk is very nice and accomodating. Billing is always willing to help. Office is clean
Iui out of pocket is 350. Most regular visits are covered under my copay. Not sure about IVF/ICSI yet, but my insurance does not cover it.
A nurse instructed me to start a medicine before a chemical pregnancy level went down to non pregnant state, medicines were called into wrong pharmacies
2016 - 2019, Unknown Success
She’s [Dr. Mullin] very approachable, and makes you feel like a person. She always spends time answering my questions, and going through everything. I felt there were certain interventions that could have been done sooner, but I trust the process. ... Husband was sent to urologist after 2 cycles of IUI. We felt that since we had slight known male factor we should have been sent sooner.
Strengths: everyone [ North Shore] I have met is very nice, and competent. Weakness: IUIs are done at a separate office, so I’ve had different providers within the clinic do our IUIs. Each person was just as nice as the last. ... I was told my FSH was elevated one day, it felt like someone has missed telling me that. Although she didn’t seem very concerned, it was concerning to me. ...
She’s very approachable, and makes you feel like a person. She always spends time answering my questions, and going through everything. I felt there were certain interventions that could have been done sooner, but I trust the process.
Come with questions
She’s very nice, and thorough.
IUI with letrazole: for timed ovulation/ IUI. Husband was sent to urologist after 2 cycles of IUI. We felt that since we had slight known male factor we should have been sent sooner. That’s our only real concern.
Everyone is really compassionate and makes you feel like they’re rooting for you!
Strengths: everyone I have met is very nice, and competent. Weakness: IUIs are done at a separate office, so I’ve had different providers within the clinic do our IUIs. Each person was just as nice as the last.
IUI is covered by insurance.
I believe she only does single embryo.

2019, 5 Eggs Frozen
He [Dr. Tomer Singer] was friendly, comforting and compassionate in his interactions. I felt that he did not fully explain the treatment, and what to expect. I felt that he was negative and I don’t feel that he gave me chance to get the best possible outcome that I could have had ... Push your agenda, do your research, ask questions and look for answers. ... He was friendly and compassionate in his attitude.
The clinic [Northwell Health] is well organized overall. The staff is friendly and professional. The flow of appointments and timeliness is mostly good. I have had some recurrent problems with billing, which have certainly added stress to an already stressful time. ... The monitoring was efficient and smooth. The technician was very gently and kind, which goes a long way.
He was friendly, comforting and compassionate in his interactions. I felt that he did not fully explain the treatment, and what to expect. I felt that he was negative and I don’t feel that he gave me chance to get the best possible outcome that I could have had.
Push your agenda, do your research, ask questions and look for answers.
He was friendly and compassionate in his attitude.
The nurses were compassionate, comforting and encouraging.
The clinic is well organized overall. The staff is friendly and professional. The flow of appointments and timeliness is mostly good. I have had some recurrent problems with billing, which have certainly added stress to an already stressful time.
Copays
New York City

He [Dr. Cohen] was great, appointments were usually very short and more the office than the doctor felt like an assembly line. Doctor was great....He was very good at explaining everything and what to expect, he explained to my mom medical husband everything from IVF to PGS. He was very gentle during the procedures for procedures that i have heard of people complaining they hurt i didn’t even feel them.... They [nurses] were great, always calling me back and answered all questions
They [North Shore -Manhasset] were great, always calling me back and answered all questions...Very busy and feels like it’s easy to get lost, wait times can also be long. The staff however tries to be as accommodating as possible. Only 1 phlebotomist which can mean a long wait time for blood work...He [Dr. Cohen] was great, appointments were usually very short and more the office than the doctor felt like an assembly line. Doctor was great.
How was your experience with Matthew Cohen at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Cohen at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Ask questions
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Cohen at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
He was great, appointments were usually very short and more the office than the doctor felt like an assembly line. Doctor was great.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Vajida)
They were great, always calling me back and answered all questions
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Cohen at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
About 18,000 not including medication or genetics
Describe Matthew Cohen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
We did PGS so only 1 transferred
2015 - 2018, Successful
Dr. Mullin is extremely smart and good at what she does. She is always thinking of different ways to make each cycle successful and goes above and beyond to try and get a positive pregnancy test. If I ever had questions I needed answered, I never had to wait more than a day for her response...If you are expecting warm and fuzzy, that is not what you will get with Dr. Mullin, but you will get the best care.
This is a very big clinic with many patients and can sometimes feel like it's a revolving door, but I didn't really expect anything different. As with any other medical care, you have to be your own advocate and do your own research and ask questions. Try to become knowledgeable regarding your treatment so you can give it the best shot possible...All of the nursing staff is excellent!...If you are expecting warm and fuzzy, that is not what you will get with Dr. Mullin, but you will get the best care.
Although most appointments were very fast, she would still answer any and all of the questions I had.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Joan)
All of the nursing staff is excellent!
Manhasset

Dr. Singer is very personable and warm. Always smiling and very patient. His nurse practioner Molly was also great - they treated me more like a human and not just another patient.... Dr. singer was great the couple of times I met him. He performed one of my IUIs and it was the quickest and easiest one. I do wish he would have seen me more instead of the nurse practioner but I understand he is on a super busy schedule....
Dr. Singer [at North Shore Long Island Jewish] is very personable and warm. Always smiling and very patient. His nurse practioner Molly was also great - they treated me more like a human and not just another patient.... Dr. singer was great the couple of times I met him. He performed one of my IUIs and it was the quickest and easiest one. I do wish he would have seen me more instead of the nurse practioner but I understand he is on a super busy schedule..
Get an appt first thing in the morning or risk long wait times.
A couple of rounds of clomid but after that didn't work, we did 4 rounds of IUIs
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Molly)
Molly was really friendly and patient. I really liked her. She explained things very well.
Long wait times were annoying, but staff were otherwise very friendly.
My insurance doesn't cover fertility treatments so I had to pay out of pocket what is charged.
Lenox Hill

2020, Consult
He [Dr. Cohen] explained every thing in full. He was very informative and caring. He had a great personality and oversight. He provide great details over the procedure and after effects. We have not had the surgery yet because if COVID. But plan to go through with the surgery once elective surgeries are opened up again. ... He was very nice and had a good personality while explaining the issues.
The clinics [Northwell Health] strengths, weaknesses and anything else a new patient should know is many. They should do their homework and ask as many questions if the period as possible. It is helpful to search the internet and other forums to find other couples that had gone through similar experiences. ... There were many different types of coats associated with this.
He explained every thing in full. He was very informative and caring. He had a great personality and oversight. He provide great details over the procedure and after effects. We have not had the surgery yet because if COVID. But plan to go through with the surgery once elective surgeries are opened up again.
Ask questions.
He was very nice and had a good personality while explaining the issues.
They were very helpful.
The clinics strengths, weaknesses and anything else a new patient should know is many. They should do their homework and ask as many questions if the period as possible. It is helpful to search the internet and other forums to find other couples that had gone through similar experiences.
There were many different types of coats associated with this.