6.3

285 Middle Country Road
Smithtown, NY 11787
(631) 650 2229

2017 - 2022, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Matthew Cohen] handled me with delicate hands. He knew that I had a very hard uphill battle, with my advance age and he let me down easy...He is very good at what he does and I feel safe working with him. I feel that I am not being lied to just to get my money. I have referred a close friend and her husband to Dr. Cohen, who was also going through infertility. They had a successful outcome with the doctor.
My only problem with the [Northwell Health] clinic is, its very hard to get the receptionist on the phone to try to schedule an appointment or get information on which covering doctor is in on that day. I often leave messages and the receptionist stills does not call me back. That’s why I call my nurse on their direct line...nursing team was very encouraging. Holding my hand throughout the entire process. They always took my calls and made themselves available to me whenever I needed them.
How was your experience with Matthew Cohen at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
He is very good at what he does and I feel safe working with him. I feel that I am not being lied to just to get my money. I have referred a close friend and her husband to Dr. Cohen, who was also going through infertility. They had a successful outcome with the doctor. Their baby will turn 1 this June 2022.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Cohen at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Only to be patient with him.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Cohen at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
He handled me with delicate hands. He knew that I had a very hard uphill battle, with my advance age and he let me down easy.
Describe the protocols Matthew Cohen used in your cycles at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
We used Gonal-F, Menopur and Cetrotide during both of my cycles. I must say that I got very good results with them. Dr. Cohen was able to retrieve a total of 19 eggs in all and created 6 embryos. Unfortunately because of my advance maternal age, my embryos were not viable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Mary Ann)
His nursing team was very encouraging. Holding my hand throughout the entire process. They always took my calls and made themselves available to me whenever I needed them.
Describe your experience with Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
My only problem with the clinic is, its very hard to get the receptionist on the phone to try to schedule an appointment or get information on which covering doctor is in on that day. I often leave messages and the receptionist stills does not call me back. That’s why I call my nurse on their direct line.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Every time I did a cycle I would make my appointments for the morning. Around 7:30 am. Usually I would be seen within 15 minutes of my appointment and it often went smoothly. Even before Covid-19, the clinic was not really crowded.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Cohen at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Because I have my co-payments totaled $5,000. But my insurance does not cover IVF medication which totaled $10,000. And it does not cover donor egg, which totaled $15,000. And genetic testing totaled and additional $5,000.
Describe Matthew Cohen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Because I did not have any viable embryos, we did not have a transfer. But we did do a transfer with donor eggs, which was not successful.
What specific things went wrong at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
They accidentally threw out the sperm sample. They were supposed to freeze the sample after analyzing it, not throw it out.

2022, Successful
Dr. Chang was wonderful, very sweet. She listened to all my concerns and needs. She read all my files, years worth of information. Agreed to things I wanted to do, and didn’t force a protocol on me that I wasn’t comfortable with. Always available to talk, even called or emailed to check up on me. She is absolutely by far one of the best doctors I have had, I have been to 5 others, and only 1 other was as good as her...
It is not a a big clinic [Northwell Health], so you don’t feel like just a number like other bigger clinics. You are seen pretty quickly, you do not have to wait and everything is run smoothly. It is clean, nice and organized...All [nurses] were wonderful and caring! Always available to talk about anything and everything...Morning monitoring was 7-. They are very efficient, and accommodating if you are late they don’t turn you away like other clinics I have been at...
How was your experience with Sydney Chang at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sydney Chang at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Use her! She has your best interest at heart!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sydney Chang at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
She took the time to get to know me, read all of my files which are years worth of information. Cared about what I wanted, followed up with me on multiple occasions when I was not expecting it. She is kind and warm and am so glad To have had her as my doctor.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
All were wonderful and caring! Always available to talk about anything and everything!
It is not a a big clinic, so you don’t feel like just a number like other bigger clinics. You are seen pretty quickly, you do not have to wait and everything is run smoothly. It is clean, nice and organized.
Sydney Chang
2022, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Mullin] was kind caring and considerate of my needs. I shared that i had a previously negative experience that resulted in some fear related to meeting a new doctor. She made me safe and heard. I really appreciated the care i am receiving from her...She allowed me to communicate my needs and i feel like my needs are being met when i attend visits. I find her to have patience as well. Dr. Mullins allowed space for understanding...
The strengths that this office [Northwell Health] is that they are prompt, knowledgeable and flexible. If I had to address a weakness it would be that they are very full and sometimes you have to wait passed your appointment time. Also, the financial staff is wonderful...[nursing staff is] Timely, gentle ,caring...Dr. Mullins is open, honest , caring and understanding. She allowed me to communicate my needs and i feel like my needs are being met when i attend visits. I find her to have patience as well. Dr. Mullins allowed space for understanding.
How was your experience with Christine Mullin at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christine Mullin at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Know that you are getting great care with her and to be honest about your fertility journey.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christine Mullin at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
She was kind caring and considerate of my needs. I shared that i had a previously negative experience that resulted in some fear related to meeting a new doctor. She made me safe and heard. I really appreciated the care i am receiving from her.
Describe the protocols Christine Mullin used in your cycles at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
I do not remember
Timely, gentle ,caring
The strengths that this office is that they are prompt, knowledgeable and flexible. If I had to address a weakness it would be that they are very full and sometimes you have to wait passed your appointment time. Also, the financial staff is wonderful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christine Mullin at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
I do not remember the cost
Describe Christine Mullin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
No comments
2020 - 2021, Consult
Dr. Mullin spends time with every patient and truly puts a lot of time and effort into making individualized plans of care for each of her patients...spent the time to closely evaluate and adjust medications for IVF to carefully stimulate with PCOS to get the best possible number of healthy embryos and avoid severe hyperstimulation...I never felt rushed and always knew that she was taking the time to look at my results to make the best possible plan for my care....
Mary Jane, the nurse practitioner [at Northwell Health], goes above and beyond as well to answer all questions and lay out the entire plan so that you know what is coming. All of the nursing staff is so amazing...The clinic feels so personal as it is a small office and you truly get to know and love the staff! As all offices are busy because they must see all of their patients in a small morning window, they work very hard to get everyone in and out as quickly as possible
Dr. Mullin always spends the time to discuss your plan of care and answer any and all questions thoroughly. I never felt rushed and always knew that she was taking the time to look at my results to make the best possible plan for my care. You can always tell how much Dr Mullin truly cares about you as a patient and that is invested in seeing you have a great outcome!
I highly recommend choosing Dr Mullin and the Mineola office
Dr. Mullin spends time with every patient and truly puts a lot of time and effort into making individualized plans of care for each of her patients. I felt like I was on an assembly line at another clinic and with Dr Mullin you know she is always looking at you as an individual when making the decisions for treatment
Dr Mullin and MaryJane always spent the time to closely evaluate and adjust medications for IVF to carefully stimulate with PCOS to get the best possible number of healthy embryos and avoid severe hyperstimulation
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Erin, Kathy )
Erin and Kathy were always so amazing with taking the time to give detailed instructions so I always knew what to do and when to return. They both show so much compassion for patients going through this process and always answer all of my questions. Mary Jane, the nurse practitioner, goes above and beyond as well to answer all questions and lay out the entire plan so that you know what is coming. All of the nursing staff is so amazing and you will not find such care anywhere else!
2018 - 2021, Successful
Dr Mullin explained things clearly, had amazing bedside manner and was always present for my treatment. She was more than a doctor, she was someone who truly cared about me having a family. She is a true professional who I recommend to anyone needing help with building their family...Dr Mullin’s office was caring, compassionate and took as much/little time as needed...After one failed embryo transfer I begged Dr Mullin to transfer two embryos next, I was 30 with unexplained infertility. Dr Mullin explained that she wouldn’t put me in a high risk situation (twins) that I didn’t need to be in, and that I’d thank her one day. She was right, I now have three beautiful children, all single transfers.
They [Northwell Health] are an extremely busy practice, but this is something I look for when selecting doctors. This may turn off some, but I want to see the doctor that so many are trusting their fertility with. They always make time for all their patients, no matter how busy they are...Trust Dr Mullin and her office. Although Dr Mullin is very busy, her eyes are everywhere and her team is excellent...I now have three beautiful children
They are an extremely busy practice, but this is something I look for when selecting doctors. This may turn off some, but I want to see the doctor that so many are trusting their fertility with. They always make time for all their patients, no matter how busy they are.
My insurance covered 80%, I paid 20%. Dr Mullin’s team understood my insurance and all the details, I had no issues.

2021, Successful
Dr. Chang’s fantastic bedside manner-she made me feel comfortable discussing any concern I had...I reacted very well to the fertility hormones and Dr. Chang was very quick to respond to any needed changes based on my bloodwork...She was with us from day one of our infertility and continued to be responsive and incredibly helpful long after we had finished treatment...
It is a great clinic [Northwell Health] that offers thorough, individualized care. Pay careful attention to their protocols and directions as they led to great results for us! I felt comfortable walking in the door at Northwell as I knew I would be under incredible care-whichever doctor I was seeing that day...The nursing staff and Hannah were incredible-so compassionate and thorough in their care!...
I can’t say enough good things about Dr. Chang-she is incredible and made our dreams come true: a baby girl on the way! She was with us from day one of our infertility and continued to be responsive and incredibly helpful long after we had finished treatment!! I would recommend her to anyone in need of a trustworthy, kind, and thorough doctor.
Trust Dr. Chang-she definitely knows what she’s doing!
I can’t say enough good things about Dr. Chang’s fantastic bedside manner-she made me feel comfortable discussing any concern I had. She is truly the best!
Describe the protocols Sydney Chang used in your cycles at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Hannah)
It is a great clinic that offers thorough, individualized care. Pay careful attention to their protocols and directions as they led to great results for us! I felt comfortable walking in the door at Northwell as I knew I would be under incredible care-whichever doctor I was seeing that day!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sydney Chang at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
We had excellent insurance that worked well with the doctor’s office
Describe Sydney Chang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
She used science to determine that based on my age and health, one embryo was appropriate and I’m glad we did!
Sydney Chang
New York City

Dr. San Roman understands that I am the type of patient that wants to fully understand the biology and the science of what’s going on. He takes the time to teach me, even draws diagrams while we chat to help me visualize. He is patient and actively listens when I speak...I delayed asking for a more aggressive course of action and regret that I didn’t speak up sooner because they responded so amazingly
[The staff at Northwell Health] are so accommodating, all of my appointments work with my schedule. They have even made special exceptions and taken me on a Saturday...Nancy who handles billing is so knowledgeable and helpful...When I had a negative experience during a visit to an affiliate location, Dr. San Roman and his team responded immediately to address my concerns and followed up with me after
How was your experience with Gabe San Roman at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Dr. San Roman understands that I am the type of patient that wants to fully understand the biology and the science of what’s going on. He takes the time to teach me, even draws diagrams while we chat to help me visualize. He is patient and actively listens when I speak. When I had a negative experience during a visit to an affiliate location, Dr. San Roman and his team responded immediately to address my concerns and followed up with me after. Even months later, during a routine visit, I was asked about that experience and if I have seen improvement, which I had.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gabe San Roman at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Don’t be afraid to ask for what you want. I delayed asking for a more aggressive course of action and regret that I didn’t speak up sooner because they responded so amazingly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gabe San Roman at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Everyone from the nurses, doctors, NPs and secretaries know my name, ask about my dogs, are kind, understand what I am going through and are sympathetic and share success stories to keep my spirits listed. Most recently they’ve set up video calls to check in with patients during the COVID-19 crisis. They’ve been amazingly supportive, honest and realistic.
Describe the protocols Gabe San Roman used in your cycles at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
First Dr. San Roman prescribed Femara to boost egg production. I started with two pills a day for 5 days and over time he increased doses to 4 pills per day. 4 pills seems to have the best results, producing 4 follicles this past cycle. Out of the 11 cult leader we have gone through with Dr. San Roman I have used ovidrel 4xs and novarel 1x to trigger ovulation as ovulation prediction tests were not working. I have also undergone 3 IUIs with unfortunate negative pregnancy results.
The nurses ensure a clean, safe, happy environment. They communicate well, are kind and sympathetic. When I call with questions or to get a prescription refill, they are responsive and act quickly. Once when I was traveling for work and forgot my medication at home, I called and they prescribed my meds to a pharmacy where I was within an hour of my call.
They are so accommodating, all of my appointments work with my schedule. They have even made special exceptions and taken me on a Saturday when I had a crazy work schedule. Nancy who handles billing is so knowledgeable and helpful! This is the cleanest Drs office I’ve ever been to!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gabe San Roman at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
I pay a $50 copay each visit (2-3per month) My insurance only partially covered bloodwork and sonograms so I pay an additional $75 for each visit. I pay out of pocket for for IUI, $350 per cycle. Trigger shots are approx $150 per cycle and femara medication is less then $20 per cycle.
I would consider these negative experiences to be extremely minor. Once I arrived for an appointment that had been scheduled for a different day but I had called and rescheduled. When I arrived they did not see me on their calendar. They still took me in with minimal wait time. One other time my prescription was not called in, I called and they put it right through and I got my medication on the day I needed it.
2018 - 2020, Unsuccessful
I would tell any person coming into this clinic [that the fertility clinic and the laboratory that maintains the sperm are 2 separate entities. I would tell them that they would have to be on top of the laboratory to ensure that they have the doctor’s orders that the it is followed exactly. ... When my partner left his sperm sample, the Laboratory was to analyze and store his sample. Instead the lab analyzed and threw out his sample by mistake. We did not know this until the day before retrieval. Because of my partner work schedule (he works for MTA) he just could not get off to come with me the next morning to produce sperm while the doctor was retrieving my eggs. Which is why I would tell anyone coming in that they should stay on top of the lab.
Dr. Cohen strengths is the way he approaches his patient’s. He’s very caring and careful with his words in describing an outcome that may not occur. When I first sat down with Dr. Cohen he first explained to me why the human body preforms the way it does. And that no amount of medicine or modern technology can change that. With that said, he laid out for the reason why it would be extremely hard for a women my age to get pregnant naturally with my own eggs. He told me this information in a way as if he was letting me down easy and not to have high expectations. He was not rough by saying, “you too old to get pregnant”. He did recommend using donor eggs, but at the same time he did not force it or say to me that this was my ONLY option.
With the number of years he has in this profession, I would tell them to consider all of his advice and follow it. And understand, that’s he’s trying to help you get pregnant and not discourage you from starting a family.
He treated me with kid gloves. As an expert in this filed he told me delicately that because of my age the expectations will not be good. But at the same time he was very encouraging because of my AMH levels which is high for a women of my age.
Usually in a women my age, my AMH would be low and my FHS would be high. But because my levels were good, Dr. Cohen was more excited than I was to start treatment. This encouragement from him made me feel more enthusiastic about starting fertility treatment regardless of my age. On my first round of treatment, Dr. Cohen had me on 300 iu of Gonal F and 150 of Menopur per day. He did this for about 12 days (I can’t remember the exact number of days). Again his rational for this protocol was because my AMH levels where 1.1. He was able to retrieve 13 eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Vahida Gilic, RN)
Very informative and walked me through each progress step by step. Called me every night to see how I was doing on the medication. She was concerned about any side effects. She was also very encouraging because my of AMH levels.
I would tell any person coming into this clinic that the fertility clinic and the laboratory that maintains the sperm are 2 separate entities. I would tell them that they would have to be on top of the laboratory to ensure that they have the doctor’s orders that the it is followed exactly.
You could go in between the hours of 7 to 11 for monitoring, but I always made sure I have an appointment for 7:00 am. One time, I was not able to get an appointment until 7:30 am. I did this so that I could ensure I would get seen and leave the clinic by a certain time because I still had to go to work. If you did not have an appointment, you had to wait but was still seen.
Since my insurance only cover 80% of treatment my co-payment was $4,000. My insurance does not cover fertility medication, which $8,000.00
Because of poor egg quality, we were not able to transfer any embryos.
Manhasset
[Dr. Maxwell was] Very thorough in her explanations, and made sure we understood all risks, pros, and cons. Was very easy to get ahold of and would walk through options so that we could make the best informed decision for ourselves...took time to answer every question and never made us feel our questions were stupid...recommended trying ovulation induction first since it’s less invasive. She has explained every step along the way and told us what to expect and when which has been very helpful...
medical secretary [at Northwell Health] has been amazing in getting questions answered, appointments scheduled, and helping us get in touch with other staff as needed. The nursing staff has also been very helpful and always very pleasant and efficient without making you feel like you’re a number...what a better experience it has been in terms of treatment plans, speaking with staff and overall experience with the clinic staff....
How was your experience with Susan McClelland Maxwell at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susan McClelland Maxwell at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Ask any questions you have even if you think they’re stupid. Dr. Maxwell took time to answer every question and never made us feel our questions were stupid.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susan McClelland Maxwell at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
She spoke with me and my husband and made sure that we were comfortable with all the steps and treatments and would call to check in while going through various cycles.
Describe the protocols Susan McClelland Maxwell used in your cycles at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
We tried 3 rounds of ovulation induction which did not result in pregnancy. From there we are now doing IVF stimulation. Dr. Maxwell recommended trying ovulation induction first since it’s less invasive. She has explained every step along the way and told us what to expect and when which has been very helpful. We plan to do the egg retrieval sometime in the next few weeks and a transfer shortly after.
Dr. Maxwell’s medical secretary has been amazing in getting questions answered, appointments scheduled, and helping us get in touch with other staff as needed. The nursing staff has also been very helpful and always very pleasant and efficient without making you feel like you’re a number.
We saw a previous doctor at this clinic that is no longer there and the clinic seemed (along with the doctor) very disorganized and you very much felt like a number. Since transitioning to Dr. Maxwell, this has not been our experience and my husband and I have both commented on what a better experience it has been in terms of treatment plans, speaking with staff and overall experience with the clinic staff.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susan McClelland Maxwell at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Most of our treatments were covered by insurance but the billing coordinator was very available to discuss costs, billing due dates and options. Dr. Maxwell’s medical secretary also made sure that we recurved all the financial information needed from the billing coordinator and helped us get in touch with her when needed.
Describe Susan McClelland Maxwell's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
We have discussed with Dr. Maxwell and we will try single transfer first and potential multiple (2) in later transfers if the first are unsuccessful. I am still on the “younger” side so Dr. Maxwell does not want to start with multiple embryo transfer, but indicated if I was over 37 we would start with multiple embryo transfer.
Susan McClelland Maxwell
New York City

I felt as if he [Dr. Matthew Cohen] cared for my husband and I needs . He was very helpful as a male doctor . He was understandable due to insurance purpose and he gave us alternative that helped us out. Dr. Cohen made me feel like a human because he didn’t judge me for my age , or my condition...is the First Male Doctor who made me feel comfortable as a female . He kind , thoughtful and a good communicator.
The nursing staff [at Northwell Health-FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish] was friendly , they greeted me in a polite way . They all need my name and all had smiles on there face as if they want to be there...they always called me for my appointments. Friendly, the hours of operation was reasonable...Matthew Cohen is the First Male Doctor who made me feel comfortable as a female . He kind , thoughtful and a good communicator.
Matthew Cohen is the First Male Doctor who made me feel comfortable as a female . He kind , thoughtful and a good communicator. He gave me hope that one day I will have a family of my own . He said it will happen and I believe him . He a good doctor . As I stated , after my first miscarriage he told me not to feel discourage that the treatment worked and it will work again.
Have faith with Dr. Matthew, Have Faith with yourself . Dr. Cohen will make you feel comfortable, keep in mind that he is not god , but he’s here to help.
Being one of Dr. Cohen patient was a different feeling, due to the fact that he’s a male and I’m a female he made me feel comfortable. I felt as if he cared for my husband and I needs . He was very helpful as a male doctor . He was understandable due to insurance purpose and he gave us alternative that helped us out. Dr. Cohen made me feel like a human because he didn’t judge me for my age , or my condition . I felt welcome due to the fact that everyone that came to clinic was going through the same thing I was going through . When I experience my first miscarriage he told me to have hope and since I got pregnant that time, it will happen again . I would recommend Dr. Cohen to any female who wants to feel like a human .
Dr. Cohen put me on Letrozole 2.5mg starting day 3-7 . I would than come in on day 10 or 12 to check my follicles , if I’m good to start procedures he will than have me schedule and day to come in . (I’ve done iui ). So my partner would come in at 7am give him sample and start the procedure at 9-10am . After that process there’s a two week wait . After the two weeks , I would than come in for a pregnancy test . If negative and I get a period I would do process all over . However if it is positive, I would have to come back in for blood sample to see if my numbers go up than my pregnancy is successful. If my numbers go down than I’m experiencing a miscarriage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Doreen)
The nursing staff was friendly , they greeted me in a polite way . They all need my name and all had smiles on there face as if they want to be there .
The fertility clinic that I’ve went to strength was that, they always called me for my appointments. Friendly, the hours of operation was reasonable . To my knowledge, I wouldn’t say that the clinic had a weakness .
Not sure
Manhasset
[Dr. Christine Mullin] is very knowledgeable, friendly and compassionate. She gave me hope that I could make my dream of becoming a mother true. She explained every detail of the procedures I would have to go through and I left her office believing it was possible...took the time to explained the reason of my infertility
Office staff [at Northwell Health are] very friendly and knowledgeable about insurance coverage and patient responsibility...Beautiful, clean office located in a medical building. Accessible by bus and train with plenty of parking spaces...consult visit $525 Water sonogram $560 Biopsy $ 665 Office visit $ 125
Dr. Mullin is very knowledgeable, friendly and compassionate. She gave me hope that I could make my dream of becoming a mother true. She explained every detail of the procedures I would have to go through and I left her office believing it was possible.
Do not loose hope.
Dr. Christine Mullin took the time to explained the reason of my infertility, what to expect and how could she will be able to help me.
Metformin to regulate hormones.
Beautiful, clean office located in a medical building. Accessible by bus and train with plenty of parking spaces. Office staff very friendly and knowledgeable about insurance coverage and patient responsibility.
consult visit $525 Water sonogram $560 Biopsy $ 665 Office visit $ 125

2017 - 2019, Successful
She [Dr. Mullin] entertained all of my questions, never rushed me (like actually, spend so much time with me on multiple occasions, I was shocked), personally did my ultrasounds most of the time and always came in to do my retrievals and transfers (even when it wasn't her day on call), and personally called me back when I called in with a question, and was really there for me every step of the way. Because of her, I felt well taken care of during such a sad, unknown time.
Some [nurses at Northwell Health] know more than others, and you learn who to turn to throughout your time there...Also, as an aside, the phlebotomist, Jessica, is the freaking best...The Northwell Mineola office is peaceful. The Manhasset office can be a zoo. I thankfully only had to go there on weekends for monitoring and for procedures (however, specifically for procedures, the nurses at Manhasset are incredible).
I was a rare case. Got pregnant with my first-ever FET but then miscarried, despite the embryo being PGS normal. Dr. Mullin fought with me to try and figure out the best course of action after that and ultimately, after many biopsies and tests, she found what potentially was the issue. I don't know if many other doctors would have gone to the lengths she did.
Be your own advocate. Doctors have A LOT of patients - not their fault, just the nature of medicine these days. But it's up to you to bring your thoughts and opinions to the table. Dr. Mullin never shunned anything I had to say and worked with me every step of the way.
Dr. Mullin really took the time to get to know my husband and I. She entertained all of my questions, never rushed me (like actually, spend so much time with me on multiple occasions, I was shocked), personally did my ultrasounds most of the time and always came in to do my retrievals and transfers (even when it wasn't her day on call), and personally called me back when I called in with a question, and was really there for me every step of the way. Because of her, I felt well taken care of during such a sad, unknown time.
Diagnosed "lean PCOS." Tried 4 IUIs (with Clomid), all BFN. Moved on to IVF. First retrieval was pretty (BCP + low dose meds given PCOS). Yielded a large # of eggs, but there were signs of poor egg quality. Transferred 1 of my 2 PGS normal embryos, BFP, miscarried at 6 weeks. Waited a few months to do another retrieval, during which she put me on Metformin and I started taking Acai pills. Prior to starting the injections, she also changed the protocol slightly and added estrogen priming. 2nd retrieval MUCH better and ended up with 5 healthy embryos. After a failed second FET, we decided to do the ReceptivaDX biopsy, as she suspected silent endometriosis. Biopsy confirmed extremely high levels of inflammation. Protocol was Depot Lupron for 2 months. Went straight into my third FET, which resulted in my current pregnancy.
Some know more than others, and you learn who to turn to throughout your time there. At the end of the day, though, Dr. Mullin was always reachable, and every time I called in with a question, the nurse(s) would either put me on hold to ask Dr. Mullin directly, or Dr. Mullin called me back herself later that day. Also, as an aside, the phlebotomist, Jessica, is the freaking best.
Mineola
I haven't had much time spent with Dr. Mullin herself. Her visits are short and not a lot of information is provided. Her bedside manner makes me feel as though i'm a number...I never feel as though i'm getting the full story from her, and that's when I actually see her. Only when I had a bad experience, did she show compassion and see me a few visits in a row. I'm confident she's good at what she does and will get me pregnant - i'm just not 100% on board with how she does it.
The clinic [Northwell Health- Mineola] is amazing, the staff is warm, friendly, and organized. It took 1 visit for Robin at the front desk to remember my name. I'm greeted every time I walk in and questions are answered as needed. Whenever I call with questions I get an answer right away or am called back shortly after. There are NEVER issues with appointments, they always make room for me. Jessica the phlebotomist is amazing, she never leaves me with bruises and takes my blood in no time. Regina, the sonogram tech is so warm - I've cried to her behind the closed door many times, and she always makes me feel so comfortable. This team is a gem!
Ask many questions.
The nursing staff is excellent, specifically the NP Mary Jane and RN Joan. They take their time when speaking with you, always ask questions, and make you feel as though you matter. They have been my contacts from day one, i feel more comfortable with them then I do with the Dr.
The clinic is amazing, the staff is warm, friendly, and organized. It took 1 visit for Robin at the front desk to remember my name. I'm greeted every time I walk in and questions are answered as needed. Whenever I call with questions I get an answer right away or am called back shortly after. There are NEVER issues with appointments, they always make room for me. Jessica the phlebotomist is amazing, she never leaves me with bruises and takes my blood in no time. Regina, the sonogram tech is so warm - I've cried to her behind the closed door many times, and she always makes me feel so comfortable. This team is a gem!
$50 copay, $3500 for IVF cycle
I wasn't given the correct information on side effects and ended up in the hospital
2017 - 2019, Successful
[Dr. Mary Rausch] was with me from day1 of my diagnosis through graduating to my ob for now baby #2. She has been a great doctor every step of the way...has now gotten me pregnant twice. While she is busy (as all doctors are) I felt that she was there for me (or one of her colleagues) every step of the way through ivf...I was monitored daily during egg retrieval because I had a lot of eggs. I ended up hyper stimulating, which delayed embryo transfer 1 month. I trusted dr rauschs decision to delay transfer. She also recommended pgs, which I am extremely glad I did, as it made me feel comfortable declining genetic testing while I was pregnant (which in some cases result in miscarriage). Finally she only recommended transferring one embryo, which I continue to be very happy with. Nurse
The Clinic [Northwell Health] was great. only weaknesses are some administrative headaches: calling could be challenging to get a hold of the nursing team (auto prompts that send you to nobody), and I had some issues with medications getting sent to the wrong pharmacies, resulting in the need to rush order/pay out of pocket for some expensive meds. Otherwise beyond some administrative headaches, the clinic was amazing, the staff was warm and friendly, which helped immensely getting through a very difficult time...nursing staff was excellent...I was monitored daily during egg retrieval because I had a lot of eggs. I ended up hyper stimulating, which delayed embryo transfer 1 month. I trusted dr rauschs decision to delay transfer. She also recommended pgs, which I am extremely glad I did, as it made me feel comfortable declining genetic testing while I was pregnant (which in some cases result in miscarriage). Finally she only recommended transferring one embryo, which I continue to be very happy with.
How was your experience with Mary Rausch at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Dr rausch was an excellent doctor that has now gotten me pregnant twice. While she is busy (as all doctors are) I felt that she was there for me (or one of her colleagues) every step of the way through ivf.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mary Rausch at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Have patience going through the ivf process. Know that it will be financially and physically stressful, but the results are worth it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mary Rausch at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Dr rausch was with me from day1 of my diagnosis through graduating to my ob for now baby #2. She has been a great doctor every step of the way.
Describe the protocols Mary Rausch used in your cycles at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Kathy g)
Northwell fertility nursing staff was excellent
The Clinic was great. only weaknesses are some administrative headaches: calling could be challenging to get a hold of the nursing team (auto prompts that send you to nobody), and I had some issues with medications getting sent to the wrong pharmacies, resulting in the need to rush order/pay out of pocket for some expensive meds. Otherwise beyond some administrative headaches, the clinic was amazing, the staff was warm and friendly, which helped immensely getting through a very difficult time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mary Rausch at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
I hit my insurance out of pocket max so I am unsure what the true cost was
Describe Mary Rausch's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Dr rausch recommended single embryo transfer which I am very happy with.
Mary Rausch
Manhasset
He [Dr. Hershlag] was very uplifting when I would see him. He spoke in ways that were easy for my husband and I to understand. He was also very determined that I would end up with a pregnancy via donor egg. He assured me not to worry and that he would make the process easy and not stressful. I have had previous experiences with another doctor that wound up not being successful with two transfers. My husband and I were devastated. Dr.Hershlag made us feel better about going forth using him in hopes to have a successful pregnancy. Along the way, I had other issues that came up during the process and without hesitation he told me to come into the office with no appointment. He took care of me immediately. My husband and I can’t wait to go back to him to finish the process of becoming parents using donor egg. We did have to put the process on hold due to the costly expense of using donor eggs.
I highly recommend this clinic. The only thing that did seem to bother me at times was the length of time I had to wait. He was always booked with patients (even though that is a great sign) because he is very well known. The place was always very clean and everyone was very helpful. ... [Nursing Staff] Everyone was excellent and was always available when I needed them.
How was your experience with Avner Hershlag at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
He was very uplifting when I would see him. He spoke in ways that were easy for my husband and I to understand. He was also very determined that I would end up with a pregnancy via donor egg. He assured me not to worry and that he would make the process easy and not stressful. I have had previous experiences with another doctor that wound up not being successful with two transfers. My husband and I were devastated. Dr.Hershlag made us feel better about going forth using him in hopes to have a successful pregnancy. Along the way, I had other issues that came up during the process and without hesitation he told me to come into the office with no appointment. He took care of me immediately. My husband and I can’t wait to go back to him to finish the process of becoming parents using donor egg. We did have to put the process on hold due to the costly expense of using donor eggs.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Avner Hershlag at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
He is a very compassionate doctor who will make you feel comfortable and assure you that you will end up with a family of your own.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Avner Hershlag at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
He made me feel very comfortable and he was very friendly and spoke using words I understood.
Describe the protocols Avner Hershlag used in your cycles at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
He told me to keep track of my sleeping patterns because I wake up in the middle of the night with hot flashes due to my very high hcg levels. This would help to control the amount of estrogen I needed to be on to control them.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Marie Elise Marella)
Everyone was excellent and was always available when I needed them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Avner Hershlag at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
My co payments from my insurance were 50 dollars a visit. Donor egg costs range from anywhere between 12,000 to 40,000 depending on if we use frozen or fresh eggs.
Describe Avner Hershlag's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
He told us that he would only transfer one embryo at a time. Said doing multiple transfers can very well wind up with multiples and he does not recommend that because there is a higher risk of complications.
Manhasset

This doctor [Dr. Hershlag] was honest but blunt. He tended to walk away after delivering heart breaking news.... He is extremely knowledgeable and consise. I think he could improve in the areas of empathy and support post disappointing news. I think he is a great doctor, I personally needed someone with more hand holding skills. It’s a trying time and you need to feel fully supported.... I had experienced 2 miscarriages and over a year of trying prior to seeking treatment for a fertility clinic. We began with Mutilple tests for my husband and I, followed by IUI’s. We suffered two more miscarriages and are now beginning IVF.
The staff [Northwell Health] is professional and always friendly. It’s the little things that help you through this journey, from the receptionist just remembering your first name when checking in m, to a nurse taking the time to console you.... The nursing staff is amazing. They always took the time to sit with me and further explain any information we didn’t understand after meeting with the doctors. They’re at times hard to initially contact via phone, but promptly return phone calls the same day.... One time my progesterone prescription was not promptly called in. However this was additionally an insurance issue.
Ask lots of questions.
The clinic is great and I’m continuing my tx there. However I do believe working in this field for many years, staff becomes desensitized to the emotional toll infertility and loss has on humans and couples. This doctor was honest but blunt. He tended to walk away after delivering heart breaking news.
The staff is professional and always friendly. It’s the little things that help you through this journey, from the receptionist just remembering your first name when checking in m, to a nurse taking the time to console you.
Manhasset

Dr. Rausch is extraordinarily compassionate. She demonstrated sensitivity towards my situation and history of miscarriage.... She is the most compassionate doctor I have come across. I genuinely feel that she has my best interests at heart. She took the time to thoroughly explain my test results and the IVF procedure. She is extremely knowledgeable and trustworthy. Above all, I felt that she truly cares about her patients.
Strength [of Northwell Health]: I was able to get an appointment right away, even as a new patient Weakness: inability to contact front desk and most times, you must leave a voicemail. It is difficult to get someone on the phone. The phone is not answered at all on weekends.... Doreen was extremely compassionate. She took the time to ease my anxiety and explain procedures in detail.
Be prepared with all of your questions. She will take the necessary time to answer all each question thoroughly and honestly.
IVF, which was converted to IUI due to only 2 follicles teaching the desired measurements. I was on 300 mL of Menopur and 300 mL of Gonal-f, in addition to 0.25 mg of Cetrotide. I was also administered Clomid for 5 days.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Doreen )
Strength: I was able to get an appointment right away, even as a new patient Weakness: inability to contact front desk and most times, you must leave a voicemail. It is difficult to get someone on the phone. The phone is not answered at all on weekends.
$7,000 copay for IVF (Emblem Health)
Mary Rausch
Manhasset
Dr. Cohen is knowledgeable and has many years of experience. He does not give you false hope and he cares. He is patient and is always available to answer questions. He gives you a well thought out plan to achieve your intense goals. ... Dr Cohen makes you feel like a human. He is very caring and understanding ... Everyone is friendly and easy to get in touch.
Everyone [at Northwell Health] is friendly and easy to get in touch. Appointments are easy to make. Sometimes there is a long wait depending on the day. Parking is easy. There is valet parking. The clinic is clean and the waiting room is comfortable. ... The only whole staff is amazing from the Nurse Practitioner, Doreen to Dr. Cohen’s nurse, Vahida. They also showed concern and was always around for support and to answer questions.
Be patient. And write down all your questions. Don’t be afraid to raise any concerns or questions you have
Dr Cohen makes you feel like a human. He is very caring and understanding
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Vahida RN)
Everyone is friendly and easy to get in touch. Appointments are easy to make. Sometimes there is a long wait depending on the day. Parking is easy. There is valet parking. The clinic is clean and the waiting room is comfortable.

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
He's [Dr. Hershlag] kind, compassionate and knows what he's doing. We didn't get off to the best start, but he grew on us. We waited almost 2 hours our first time and he didn't even apologize. I was also in denial about my infertility. Once I started my first cycle I felt more like I belonged there....He likes to give hugs to all his patients...Cycle 1 was birth control protocol with 300 follostim and 150 menopur, garinelix and hcg trigger. 11 egg retrieved all mature, 7 fertilized, 6 blasts, 1 pgs tested normal embryo. Cycle 2 was microdose lupron and the above meds. Estrogen was high so stopped lupron.
Calling the main number is annoying, but once your assigned a nurse you get a direct number. I also have the financial adviser and patient liaison for my doctor on speed dial. Everyone is super friendly. Once you start cycling you get to meet everyone...My nurse [at North Shore Long Island Jewish] was on top of everything and always got back to me when I left a message. I always felt better after talking to her. All the nurses there are great.
He's kind, compassionate and knows what he's doing. We didn't get off to the best start, but he grew on us. We waited almost 2 hours our first time and he didn't even apologize. I was also in denial about my infertility. Once I started my first cycle I felt more like I belonged there.
Stick with it, it might not work the first couple of times. He grew on me.
He likes to give hugs to all his patients
Cycle 1 was birth control protocol with 300 follostim and 150 menopur, garinelix and hcg trigger. 11 egg retrieved all mature, 7 fertilized, 6 blasts, 1 pgs tested normal embryo. Cycle 2 was microdose lupron and the above meds. Estrogen was high so stopped lupron. 13 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized, 4 blasts and 2 pgs tested normal embryos. 2 FET's with PIO IM shots, doxy, medrol and estrace. No pregnancy so far. I'm 43 . ***PS- I'm in the Warriors Facebook group, not sure where I'm supposed to put that in this survey.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Jenny Cutolo)
My nurse was on top of everything and always got back to me when I left a message. I always felt better after talking to her. All the nurses there are great.
Those were the easiest appointment to schedule. Usually no wait. They pretty much have that down in the morning.
my insurance had a 25k max which almost lasted 2 cycles
Since we did PGS he suggested 1 and we only wanted one at a time. First cycle we only had one anyway
2015 - 2018, Successful
We [with Dr. Gabe San Roman] started with fertility pills, 5 rounds of clomid. I produced many mature folicles, but none led to pregnancy with intercourse. The last round was IUI, to try and increase the chances of a positive pregnancy. It did not work. Then I moved to injectibles. They provided the first round for free. I produced 4 mature folicles, but no pregnancy resulted from intercourse. Dr. Gave adjusted the medication to focus on egg quality. 13 eggs were retrieved the next round, but again no fertilization happened. Again the medication was adjusted and I was out on pure LH to boost egg health. He also recommened herbal supplements. This time 6 eggs were retrieved and 5 fertilized. The first transfer at day 5 did not take.
[Northwell Health-Smithtown's] Strengths- Clean, great staff, free coffee and snacks, early morning and weekend hours, affordable with insurance, blood work drawn on site. Weakness- no afternoon or evening hours, sometimes crowded and long waits.... They provided the first round of injections for free, and a part of my treatment it was covered under my insurance. When insurance did not cover, office visit were $250 and ultrasounds were additional
Dr. Gabe is sincere and authentic. He is personable and open as a doctor. He has a good sense of humor and also knows when to be serious and get down to business. He adjusts his approach based on the patient’s needs. I always felt heard and respected. He walked through options and concerns with me and we decided on courses of action together.
Be honest and assertive with what you want. It’s your health and family on the line, not the doctor’s.
Dr. Gave knew our names, likes and interests, and made time to meet with me and my partner. He always made time to small talk at each appointment and made information easy to understand. He also personally made calls about results with very sensitive information.
We started with fertility pills, 5 rounds of clomid. I produced many mature folicles, but none led to pregnancy with intercourse. The last round was IUI, to try and increase the chances of a positive pregnancy. It did not work. Then I moved to injectibles. They provided the first round for free. I produced 4 mature folicles, but no pregnancy resulted from intercourse. Dr. Gave adjusted the medication to focus on egg quality. 13 eggs were retrieved the next round, but again no fertilization happened. Again the medication was adjusted and I was out on pure LH to boost egg health. He also recommened herbal supplements. This time 6 eggs were retrieved and 5 fertilized. The first transfer at day 5 did not take. I suggest transferring 2. Dr Gabe talked to us about risks such as twins and even higher order multiples. He thought transferring 2 was a good move since we had been trying for years, and we agreed with this plan and transferred 2 eggs, which resulted in our beautiful baby girls.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Emily)
Everyone knew my health and history. They were compassionate and seemed genuinely interest in my pregnancy journey.
They provided the first round of injections for free, and a part of my treatment it was covered under my insurance. When insurance did not cover, office visit were $250 and ultrasounds were additional.
Describe Gabe San Roman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Ok glad we tried one the first time and that dr. Gabe spoke to us about the risks of transferring multiple embryos and life with multiples.
Smithtown

Tomer Singer is knowledgeable and extremely caring. I always felt like I was in good hands. He gave great advise and was sensitive to all of our concerns. He had incredible bedside manner. Could not recommend him enough!... [Eset Approach] Singer explained all the pros and cons of both. We transferred two for the first transfer and had a miscarriage. The second round we only did one transfer and it worked!
The nurses [Northwell Health] and Dr. Singer were great. I had a lot of confidence in their advise, knowledge, etc. The facility had open hours in the mornings before work and weekends out in Long Island. The provided car service to Long Island for procedures. The front of the office staff was a little flustered and disorganized.... Dr. Singer and his team were so careful and sensitive with the stresses of infertility and their treatment. They were also all very patient. I never felt like a number.
How was your experience with Tomer Singer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tomer Singer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Book far in advance. Know how aggressive you want to be with treatment. I would fully understand the pros and cons of each procedure before proceeding.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tomer Singer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Describe the protocols Tomer Singer used in your cycles at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
We started with hormone injectables, went thru IUI's and then progressed to IVF. IVF was successful after the 2nd time around.
Compassionate and knowledgeable. Many of the nurses were familiar with IVF from personal experience.
The nurses and Dr. Singer were great. I had a lot of confidence in their advise, knowledge, etc. The facility had open hours in the mornings before work and weekends out in Long Island. The provided car service to Long Island for procedures. The front of the office staff was a little flustered and disorganized.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tomer Singer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
We had to pay all costs - $25 - $30K
Describe Tomer Singer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Tomer Singer
Lenox Hill
Embryo Freezing
I think he [Dr. Hershlag] explains it all and is a caring and understanding professional...egg retrieval is the process i am undergoing. I was given the standard medication injectables...He as very informative, kind and compassionate. He took his time to explain the process, procedure, historical outcomes, etc. I was very pleased with his assessment and my 'gut' felt it was right...feel as though (still on going) that I am in good hands and with a seasoned professional in the field.
she [nurse at Northwell Health] was available; returned calls, answered all my silly and repetitive questions. She walked me through the medication protocal and was on top of everything...I had uterine fibroids removed a few years ago and now i am undergoing egg freezing. I am a returning patient as i feel that i had been well taken care of at this hospital and feel that the doctors i have encountered there are experts in their field.
I felt at ease at his office and with his staff of nurses. I feel as though (still on going) that I am in good hands and with a seasoned professional in the field. I am an intuitive person and go strongly by my gut feelings as there are many things in life, the prospects of motherhood as one, that i can not control, but put my faith in those who dedicate their lives to this work, Dr. Hershlag being one of them
I think he explains it all and is a caring and understanding professional. There is little advice i can give someone as I am in this myself.
egg retrieval is the process i am undergoing. I was given the standard medication injectables. That is all really.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: nurse jackie)
she was available; returned calls, answered all my silly and repetitive questions. She walked me through the medication protocal and was on top of everything.
I have a extensive medical history at NSLIJ Northwell health. I had uterine fibroids removed a few years ago and now i am undergoing egg freezing. I am a returning patient as i feel that i had been well taken care of at this hospital and feel that the doctors i have encountered there are experts in their field.
out of pocket for 9K. Meds were covered by insurance.
nope applicable.
Manhasset
He [Dr. Hershlag] made me feel so happy and was such a pleasure to talk to..He’s compassionate which is so rare. He’s knowledgeable and explains everything in a way that makes sense...They were amzing! Very personalized and would spend time explaining everything. I absolutely adore him and his staff....4 vials is menapur 300 of follastim Menapur Cetratide All used to generate eggs. Cetratide used to delay ovulation...
Nurse practitioner - Dorene- is amazing. Lauren - another doctors nurse that sometimes covered for Hershlag’s nurse was amazing and so understanding Jenny - Hershlag’s nurse- nice but I felt like I was bothering her sometimes...Well organized and friendly staff [North Shore Long Island Jewish]. I have not recognized any weaknesses yet. For blood work and sono you do not need an appointment. You just go in between 7-9. Waiting times weren’t bad at all. I was always in and out in 20 mins at most.
He made me feel so happy and was such a pleasure to talk to. I feel that I wasted my time at the other practice I went to after meeting him. He’s compassionate which is so rare. He’s knowledgeable and explains everything in a way that makes sense.
Don’t bother going to any other clinics.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Jenny )
Nurse practitioner - Dorene- is amazing. Lauren - another doctors nurse that sometimes covered for Hershlag’s nurse was amazing and so understanding Jenny - Hershlag’s nurse- nice but I felt like I was bothering her sometimes. Didn’t feel that way with anyone else in the practice.
Well organized and friendly staff. I have not recognized any weaknesses yet. For blood work and sono you do not need an appointment. You just go in between 7-9. Waiting times weren’t bad at all. I was always in and out in 20 mins at most.
Easy to do. Quick, no wait, orderly.
Pay upfront for all copays and services. No payment plan.
Manhasset
Dr. San Roman is an amazing doctor and person. I and my partner felt at ease and well informed with him. He takes the time to get to know his patients. He was referred to me by a friend who had much success and had a baby girl with his help. I would would recommend him wholeheartedly to couples trying to conceive.... He was very meticulous with how and when to take the medication and well as the the rest of the process.
Everyone [North Shore] was super sweet and compassionate.... It wasn’t as expensive as I expected it to be, especially since we paid out of pocket.... I don’t have anything negative to say about the clinic except for the fact that it is a bit far for us. We are in Brooklyn so traveling to Long Island can be taxing and can be a bit of an inconvenience.... Dr. San Roman is an amazing doctor and person. I and my partner felt at ease and well informed with him.
Do not give up and stay positive!
He was patient, kind and everyone was amazing at the office.
Everyone was super sweet and compassionate.
Smithtown

Always see a doctor for monitoring [at North Shore Long Island Jewish], though sometimes not your primary doctor. Patients in satellite offices need to go to Manhassat for at least some monitoring appointments and all procedures - Manhassat is definitely busier than Mineola, but still moves fairly quickly. Had a couple of issues with billing, but they were easily resolved. Robyn, who handles insurance logistics for the Mineola office, is excellent and helped me through a really confusing insurance policy.
I met with Dr. Mullin after leaving a different clinic (from which I had serious concerns about their level of care). She was matter of fact about my potential options for treatment, but listened to me about my concerns and wishes and responded appropriately and with empathy. Sje was involved with my care - which took place over the holidays - and never made me feel like a number or "just another" patient. She encouraged me to keep going with my retrieval when I considered cancelling it due to an unusual course of events during my stims phase. I went through with my retrieval only because of how much I trusted Dr. Mullin. The retrieval resulted in 9 embryos (8 PGS normal), and one current pregnancy. I would recommend Dr. Mullin to anyone in the area undergoing treatment for infertility.
Don't be afraid to say what you want out of treatment. Dr. Mullin will listen and let you know if it's possible - she won't just push her standard treatment without explanation or consideration to your wants/concerns.
I always saw a doctor for my monitoring appointments, and often that doctor was Dr. Mullin. She was super involved in my care, and always made me feel like I was her only patient (even though that obviously wasn't the case).
Antagonist protocol; ICSI; PGS; FET with embryo glue. 21 eggs, 19 mature, 17 fertilized, 9 day 5/6 embryos, 8 PGS-normal.
The nursing staff was overall great, though I thought Mary Jane was the stronger, better organized of the two (she was wonderful).
Always see a doctor for monitoring, though sometimes not your primary doctor. Patients in satellite offices need to go to Manhassat for at least some monitoring appointments and all procedures - Manhassat is definitely busier than Mineola, but still moves fairly quickly. Had a couple of issues with billing, but they were easily resolved. Robyn, who handles insurance logistics for the Mineola office, is excellent and helped me through a really confusing insurance policy.
Monitoring at Manhassat was generally during any window of time, definitely busier. Monitoring in Mineola was for a set time and a breeze.
Insurance covered all procedures except PGS and embryo glue. Total out of pocket was ~$5500, excluding deductibles and coinsurance. I believe i was quoted ~17k (plus medication costs) out of pocket if I didn't have insurance. They gave me the price information very early on in the process.
I strongly wanted to avoid the possibility of multiples, Dr. Mullin agreed with an eSet.
Had to make two requests for my file to be sent to my ob - but could have been my ob offices' error, unclear! Either way not a big issue.