7.1

210 East 64th St.
285 Middle Country Road
Smithtown, NY 11787

2017 - 2019, Successful
[Dr. Mary Rausch] was with me from day1 of my diagnosis through graduating to my ob for now baby #2. She has been a great doctor every step of the way...has now gotten me pregnant twice. While she is busy (as all doctors are) I felt that she was there for me (or one of her colleagues) every step of the way through ivf...I was monitored daily during egg retrieval because I had a lot of eggs. I ended up hyper stimulating, which delayed embryo transfer 1 month. I trusted dr rauschs decision to delay transfer. She also recommended pgs, which I am extremely glad I did, as it made me feel comfortable declining genetic testing while I was pregnant (which in some cases result in miscarriage). Finally she only recommended transferring one embryo, which I continue to be very happy with. Nurse
The Clinic [Northwell Health] was great. only weaknesses are some administrative headaches: calling could be challenging to get a hold of the nursing team (auto prompts that send you to nobody), and I had some issues with medications getting sent to the wrong pharmacies, resulting in the need to rush order/pay out of pocket for some expensive meds. Otherwise beyond some administrative headaches, the clinic was amazing, the staff was warm and friendly, which helped immensely getting through a very difficult time...nursing staff was excellent...I was monitored daily during egg retrieval because I had a lot of eggs. I ended up hyper stimulating, which delayed embryo transfer 1 month. I trusted dr rauschs decision to delay transfer. She also recommended pgs, which I am extremely glad I did, as it made me feel comfortable declining genetic testing while I was pregnant (which in some cases result in miscarriage). Finally she only recommended transferring one embryo, which I continue to be very happy with.
How was your experience with Mary Rausch at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Dr rausch was an excellent doctor that has now gotten me pregnant twice. While she is busy (as all doctors are) I felt that she was there for me (or one of her colleagues) every step of the way through ivf.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mary Rausch at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Have patience going through the ivf process. Know that it will be financially and physically stressful, but the results are worth it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mary Rausch at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Dr rausch was with me from day1 of my diagnosis through graduating to my ob for now baby #2. She has been a great doctor every step of the way.
Describe the protocols Mary Rausch used in your cycles at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Kathy g)
Northwell fertility nursing staff was excellent
Describe your experience with Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
The Clinic was great. only weaknesses are some administrative headaches: calling could be challenging to get a hold of the nursing team (auto prompts that send you to nobody), and I had some issues with medications getting sent to the wrong pharmacies, resulting in the need to rush order/pay out of pocket for some expensive meds. Otherwise beyond some administrative headaches, the clinic was amazing, the staff was warm and friendly, which helped immensely getting through a very difficult time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mary Rausch at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
I hit my insurance out of pocket max so I am unsure what the true cost was
Describe Mary Rausch's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Dr rausch recommended single embryo transfer which I am very happy with.
Mary Rausch
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
He [Dr. Hershlag] was very uplifting when I would see him. He spoke in ways that were easy for my husband and I to understand. He was also very determined that I would end up with a pregnancy via donor egg. He assured me not to worry and that he would make the process easy and not stressful. I have had previous experiences with another doctor that wound up not being successful with two transfers. My husband and I were devastated. Dr.Hershlag made us feel better about going forth using him in hopes to have a successful pregnancy. Along the way, I had other issues that came up during the process and without hesitation he told me to come into the office with no appointment. He took care of me immediately. My husband and I can’t wait to go back to him to finish the process of becoming parents using donor egg. We did have to put the process on hold due to the costly expense of using donor eggs.
I highly recommend this clinic. The only thing that did seem to bother me at times was the length of time I had to wait. He was always booked with patients (even though that is a great sign) because he is very well known. The place was always very clean and everyone was very helpful. ... [Nursing Staff] Everyone was excellent and was always available when I needed them.
How was your experience with Avner Hershlag at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
He was very uplifting when I would see him. He spoke in ways that were easy for my husband and I to understand. He was also very determined that I would end up with a pregnancy via donor egg. He assured me not to worry and that he would make the process easy and not stressful. I have had previous experiences with another doctor that wound up not being successful with two transfers. My husband and I were devastated. Dr.Hershlag made us feel better about going forth using him in hopes to have a successful pregnancy. Along the way, I had other issues that came up during the process and without hesitation he told me to come into the office with no appointment. He took care of me immediately. My husband and I can’t wait to go back to him to finish the process of becoming parents using donor egg. We did have to put the process on hold due to the costly expense of using donor eggs.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Avner Hershlag at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
He is a very compassionate doctor who will make you feel comfortable and assure you that you will end up with a family of your own.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Avner Hershlag at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
He made me feel very comfortable and he was very friendly and spoke using words I understood.
Describe the protocols Avner Hershlag used in your cycles at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
He told me to keep track of my sleeping patterns because I wake up in the middle of the night with hot flashes due to my very high hcg levels. This would help to control the amount of estrogen I needed to be on to control them.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Marie Elise Marella)
Everyone was excellent and was always available when I needed them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Avner Hershlag at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
My co payments from my insurance were 50 dollars a visit. Donor egg costs range from anywhere between 12,000 to 40,000 depending on if we use frozen or fresh eggs.
Describe Avner Hershlag's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
He told us that he would only transfer one embryo at a time. Said doing multiple transfers can very well wind up with multiples and he does not recommend that because there is a higher risk of complications.
Manhasset

This doctor [Dr. Hershlag] was honest but blunt. He tended to walk away after delivering heart breaking news.... He is extremely knowledgeable and consise. I think he could improve in the areas of empathy and support post disappointing news. I think he is a great doctor, I personally needed someone with more hand holding skills. It’s a trying time and you need to feel fully supported.... I had experienced 2 miscarriages and over a year of trying prior to seeking treatment for a fertility clinic. We began with Mutilple tests for my husband and I, followed by IUI’s. We suffered two more miscarriages and are now beginning IVF.
The staff [Northwell Health] is professional and always friendly. It’s the little things that help you through this journey, from the receptionist just remembering your first name when checking in m, to a nurse taking the time to console you.... The nursing staff is amazing. They always took the time to sit with me and further explain any information we didn’t understand after meeting with the doctors. They’re at times hard to initially contact via phone, but promptly return phone calls the same day.... One time my progesterone prescription was not promptly called in. However this was additionally an insurance issue.
Ask lots of questions.
The clinic is great and I’m continuing my tx there. However I do believe working in this field for many years, staff becomes desensitized to the emotional toll infertility and loss has on humans and couples. This doctor was honest but blunt. He tended to walk away after delivering heart breaking news.
The staff is professional and always friendly. It’s the little things that help you through this journey, from the receptionist just remembering your first name when checking in m, to a nurse taking the time to console you.
What specific things went wrong at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Manhasset

Dr. San Roman is very warm and goes to great lengths to make you feel comfortable. However, sometimes his well-meaning jokes miss the mark—for example joking that you are ruining his statistics. ... I feel that he is too willing to try the same treatment without really changing the protocol after failed procedures. I felt I had to advocate a lot for myself for him to change our protocol when we got less that optimal results from my first egg retrieval and failed frozen transfer.
Because there is only one doctor working out of the office [Northwell Health], the wait times can be pretty long. I always gave myself at least an hour to spend at the office. The facility and equipment were always clean and sanitary. The procedures are done at the manhasset facility, which can be inconvenient for someone living in Eastern Suffolk.
How was your experience with Gabe San Roman at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Dr. San Roman is very warm and took the time to explain procedures to us. He is very busy as the only doctor operating out of the office so more often than not, we met with the nurse practitioner and not the doctor. I feel that he is too willing to try the same treatment without really changing the protocol after failed procedures. I felt I had to advocate a lot for myself for him to change our protocol when we got less that optimal results from my first egg retrieval and failed frozen transfer.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gabe San Roman at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Advocate for yourself—do your own research and press him to consider other protocols when the basic protocol does not work for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gabe San Roman at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
The nursing staff is very good. They showed compassion at all stages of treatment.
Because there is only one doctor working out of the office, the wait times can be pretty long. I always gave myself at least an hour to spend at the office. The facility and equipment were always clean and sanitary. The procedures are done at the manhasset facility, which can be inconvenient for someone living in Eastern Suffolk.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
It was an efficient-well oiled machine— you got an appointment time which staggered patients, but the wait times could still get quite long
Describe Gabe San Roman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Dr. San Roman was unwilling to transfer multiple embryos because we did PGS testing.
Smithtown

Dr. Rausch is extraordinarily compassionate. She demonstrated sensitivity towards my situation and history of miscarriage.... She is the most compassionate doctor I have come across. I genuinely feel that she has my best interests at heart. She took the time to thoroughly explain my test results and the IVF procedure. She is extremely knowledgeable and trustworthy. Above all, I felt that she truly cares about her patients.
Strength [of Northwell Health]: I was able to get an appointment right away, even as a new patient Weakness: inability to contact front desk and most times, you must leave a voicemail. It is difficult to get someone on the phone. The phone is not answered at all on weekends.... Doreen was extremely compassionate. She took the time to ease my anxiety and explain procedures in detail.
Be prepared with all of your questions. She will take the necessary time to answer all each question thoroughly and honestly.
IVF, which was converted to IUI due to only 2 follicles teaching the desired measurements. I was on 300 mL of Menopur and 300 mL of Gonal-f, in addition to 0.25 mg of Cetrotide. I was also administered Clomid for 5 days.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Doreen )
Strength: I was able to get an appointment right away, even as a new patient Weakness: inability to contact front desk and most times, you must leave a voicemail. It is difficult to get someone on the phone. The phone is not answered at all on weekends.
$7,000 copay for IVF (Emblem Health)
Mary Rausch
2016 - 2019, Unknown Success
She’s [Dr. Mullin] very approachable, and makes you feel like a person. She always spends time answering my questions, and going through everything. I felt there were certain interventions that could have been done sooner, but I trust the process. ... Husband was sent to urologist after 2 cycles of IUI. We felt that since we had slight known male factor we should have been sent sooner.
Strengths: everyone [ North Shore] I have met is very nice, and competent. Weakness: IUIs are done at a separate office, so I’ve had different providers within the clinic do our IUIs. Each person was just as nice as the last. ... I was told my FSH was elevated one day, it felt like someone has missed telling me that. Although she didn’t seem very concerned, it was concerning to me. ...
How was your experience with Christine Mullin at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
She’s very approachable, and makes you feel like a person. She always spends time answering my questions, and going through everything. I felt there were certain interventions that could have been done sooner, but I trust the process.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christine Mullin at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Come with questions
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christine Mullin at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
She’s very nice, and thorough.
Describe the protocols Christine Mullin used in your cycles at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
IUI with letrazole: for timed ovulation/ IUI. Husband was sent to urologist after 2 cycles of IUI. We felt that since we had slight known male factor we should have been sent sooner. That’s our only real concern.
Everyone is really compassionate and makes you feel like they’re rooting for you!
Strengths: everyone I have met is very nice, and competent. Weakness: IUIs are done at a separate office, so I’ve had different providers within the clinic do our IUIs. Each person was just as nice as the last.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christine Mullin at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
IUI is covered by insurance.
Describe Christine Mullin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
I believe she only does single embryo.
Christine Mullin

2019, 5 Eggs Frozen
2 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
He [Dr. Tomer Singer] was friendly, comforting and compassionate in his interactions. I felt that he did not fully explain the treatment, and what to expect. I felt that he was negative and I don’t feel that he gave me chance to get the best possible outcome that I could have had ... Push your agenda, do your research, ask questions and look for answers. ... He was friendly and compassionate in his attitude.
The clinic [Northwell Health] is well organized overall. The staff is friendly and professional. The flow of appointments and timeliness is mostly good. I have had some recurrent problems with billing, which have certainly added stress to an already stressful time. ... The monitoring was efficient and smooth. The technician was very gently and kind, which goes a long way.
How was your experience with Tomer Singer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
He was friendly, comforting and compassionate in his interactions. I felt that he did not fully explain the treatment, and what to expect. I felt that he was negative and I don’t feel that he gave me chance to get the best possible outcome that I could have had.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tomer Singer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Push your agenda, do your research, ask questions and look for answers.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tomer Singer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
He was friendly and compassionate in his attitude.
The nurses were compassionate, comforting and encouraging.
The clinic is well organized overall. The staff is friendly and professional. The flow of appointments and timeliness is mostly good. I have had some recurrent problems with billing, which have certainly added stress to an already stressful time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tomer Singer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Copays
New York City
Dr. Cohen is knowledgeable and has many years of experience. He does not give you false hope and he cares. He is patient and is always available to answer questions. He gives you a well thought out plan to achieve your intense goals. ... Dr Cohen makes you feel like a human. He is very caring and understanding ... Everyone is friendly and easy to get in touch.
Everyone [at Northwell Health] is friendly and easy to get in touch. Appointments are easy to make. Sometimes there is a long wait depending on the day. Parking is easy. There is valet parking. The clinic is clean and the waiting room is comfortable. ... The only whole staff is amazing from the Nurse Practitioner, Doreen to Dr. Cohen’s nurse, Vahida. They also showed concern and was always around for support and to answer questions.
How was your experience with Matthew Cohen at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Cohen at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Be patient. And write down all your questions. Don’t be afraid to raise any concerns or questions you have
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Cohen at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Dr Cohen makes you feel like a human. He is very caring and understanding
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Vahida RN)
Everyone is friendly and easy to get in touch. Appointments are easy to make. Sometimes there is a long wait depending on the day. Parking is easy. There is valet parking. The clinic is clean and the waiting room is comfortable.
Matthew Cohen

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
He's [Dr. Hershlag] kind, compassionate and knows what he's doing. We didn't get off to the best start, but he grew on us. We waited almost 2 hours our first time and he didn't even apologize. I was also in denial about my infertility. Once I started my first cycle I felt more like I belonged there....He likes to give hugs to all his patients...Cycle 1 was birth control protocol with 300 follostim and 150 menopur, garinelix and hcg trigger. 11 egg retrieved all mature, 7 fertilized, 6 blasts, 1 pgs tested normal embryo. Cycle 2 was microdose lupron and the above meds. Estrogen was high so stopped lupron.
Calling the main number is annoying, but once your assigned a nurse you get a direct number. I also have the financial adviser and patient liaison for my doctor on speed dial. Everyone is super friendly. Once you start cycling you get to meet everyone...My nurse [at North Shore Long Island Jewish] was on top of everything and always got back to me when I left a message. I always felt better after talking to her. All the nurses there are great.
He's kind, compassionate and knows what he's doing. We didn't get off to the best start, but he grew on us. We waited almost 2 hours our first time and he didn't even apologize. I was also in denial about my infertility. Once I started my first cycle I felt more like I belonged there.
Stick with it, it might not work the first couple of times. He grew on me.
He likes to give hugs to all his patients
Cycle 1 was birth control protocol with 300 follostim and 150 menopur, garinelix and hcg trigger. 11 egg retrieved all mature, 7 fertilized, 6 blasts, 1 pgs tested normal embryo. Cycle 2 was microdose lupron and the above meds. Estrogen was high so stopped lupron. 13 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized, 4 blasts and 2 pgs tested normal embryos. 2 FET's with PIO IM shots, doxy, medrol and estrace. No pregnancy so far. I'm 43 . ***PS- I'm in the Warriors Facebook group, not sure where I'm supposed to put that in this survey.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Jenny Cutolo)
My nurse was on top of everything and always got back to me when I left a message. I always felt better after talking to her. All the nurses there are great.
Those were the easiest appointment to schedule. Usually no wait. They pretty much have that down in the morning.
my insurance had a 25k max which almost lasted 2 cycles
Since we did PGS he suggested 1 and we only wanted one at a time. First cycle we only had one anyway

Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
I feel doctor singer is very kind and professional. I think he knows what he is talking about and very educated in all things IvF. He is direct and to the point and views the process as common. Although I like Dr. Singer I feel his bedside manner is lacking. I think he could be more compassionate and make a point to see a patient more than just at scheduled procedures. I met him at my first consultations and then not again until he was needed for my procedure.
The strengths of this clinic [North Shore Long Island Jewish] are the many locations. They have offices, 1 in manhattan, 1 in garden city, and 1 in manhasset. The nurses, andrologist, and sono technicians were all very kind caring and helpful. The nyc clinic is understaffed which makes for very long wait times. Each appointment I’ve waited atleast an hour to be seen. The front desk reception girls are over worked and thus can come off as rude. They are also not fully educated on the procedures and timelines. As a whole the office can feel frantic due to the under staffing which leads to less personal care.
Be prepared to wait for ALL appointments. The scheduling is not very organized and all staff from doctors to billing to reception are overworked.
I felt the nurses, andrologist, and sono technician were caring but over worked so the care was quick and frantic at times. They also seem to be last minute. I feel the front staff was unorganized and at times rude.
Describe the protocols Tomer Singer used in your cycles at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
I am currently in my first cycle so I am unable to provide results. We will be using my husbands sperm which was retrieved through tese surgery and frozen. I will be taking FSH injections 150 and 150 of HMG. We will then do an egg retrieval and hopefully do a fresh transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
Melissa was amazing. She herself went through Ivf so was very understanding and easy to talk to. She was sympathetic and good at communicating next steps. Unfortunately she was over worked and overloaded with patients so the care would have been even better if this were not the case. Regardless she was caring and I really like her.
The strengths of this clinic are the many locations. They have offices, 1 in manhattan, 1 in garden city, and 1 in manhasset. The nurses, andrologist, and sono technicians were all very kind caring and helpful. The nyc clinic is understaffed which makes for very long wait times. Each appointment I’ve waited atleast an hour to be seen. The front desk reception girls are over worked and thus can come off as rude. They are also not fully educated on the procedures and timelines. As a whole the office can feel frantic due to the under staffing which leads to less personal care.
We were partially covered under Aetna insurance. We paid a portion of blood work, sonograms, egg retrieval, and fresh transfer costs. Sperm freezing and unfreezing, sperm storage, and embryo storage were all out of pocket costs which ran us just over $5,000
Describe Tomer Singer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
My doctor was open to both but did not properly educate me on the reasonings.
Some of my paperwork, like a pap from my obgyn was misfiled. The paperwork was later found but after many phone calls. My husbands tese results were never told to me. I have to call the doctor and office 3 times and was told he would let me know a few days later to then be told I need to speak with my husbands doctor after waiting for the results for a week.
Manhasset

Through the course of our IVF treatment, we only met with Dr. Hershlag twice over a period of 5 months. Often it was a struggle to receive timely and accurate information....Dr. Hershlag was not present for a large majority of our process. During the initial consult he did not take the time to thouroughly explain IUI or other options we could look into. We had recently experienced a miscarriage and I felt this was not investigated enough. After testing my sperm and simply telling us they were an “A plus” he looked to set us up on the IVF schedule. He did not perform any of the sonograms or even the egg retrieval, or even once bother to schedule an appointment to check in.
The nursing staff [at North Shore] constantly seemed rushed and overworked. We repeatedly had to explain recent medications taken, problems with orders and other issues over and over, due to a lack of continuity...The office staff, nurses and doctors are extremely difficult to get on the phone. We experienced wait times of twenty minutes certain days. ...It was a packed office and a cattle call...review all billing carefully.
Please don’t expect to communicate or see him for almost all or most of the process.
Through the course of our IVF treatment, we only met with Dr. Hershlag twice over a period of 5 months. Often it was a struggle to receive timely and accurate information. The office staff, nurses and doctors are extremely difficult to get on the phone. We experienced wait times of twenty minutes certain days. Furthermore, the nurses did not accurately and efficiently communicate our medication needs to the pharmacy, which cost us additional expenses. There is not enough staff to deal with the volume of patients.
I was sent to a urologist to check my prostatitis, given antiobiotics to treat a minor infection, and not checked before sperm donation again to make sure the infection was gone. We were instructed to use follistim, estradiol, progesterone in oil, and HGC shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Jenny)
The nursing staff constantly seemed rushed and overworked. We repeatedly had to explain recent medications taken, problems with orders and other issues over and over, due to a lack of continuity.
Terrible communication. No one mentioned the office would be closed for Martin Luther King day, which happened to be a key date for instructions in our process! After investigating this in person I was told someone should have picked up the phone and called you back. No one did. Expect to wait up to two hours if you have a Monday afternoon appointment. Please review all billing carefully.
It was a packed office and a cattle call. In one instance I had to ask a nurse to pull my wife’s chart so they could draw her blood.
PGS testing 300 testing per embryo. They would never give us the exact cost of a cycle. Insurance did cover a decent portion.
One of the biggest struggles was this clinics inability to communicate with CVS special care and give them authorization to ship our medications. My wife and I were constantly on the phone because they called in the wrong doses.
Manhasset

Dr. Hershlag made it knows that he prefers a single embryo transfer but before transfer he asked if we want single or multiple embryo transfer... always gives you a hug when he sees you and makes you feel that your success is very important to him... He makes me feel like I am his only patient, although it’s not always the case. Some visits he will ask a question that makes me feel like he doesn’t remember anything about me and the protocol he put me on. I do however understand that it is a very busy clinic and he can’t remember every detail about everyone unless he checks the chart. I wish he does check it before seeing me so that I don’t feel so confused at times.
Jackie [at Northwell Health] is a great nurse but she is always busy and running around his sometimes she seems to care about you and sometimes she doesn’t. However, every time I need an answer on something I would email her and she would always answer or call back. I never had to wait for more than an hour for her response. She is great at that...After the egg retrieval the embryologist called with number of fertilized eggs and number of embryos but nothing else. How many were natural how many were ICSI’ed we had no clue. Questions were brushed off. We did not learn about our embryo grades after 2 failed transfer when we made an appointment to see Dr. Hershlag so he an explain to us. That was the only problem with this clinic, that part needs to be communicated better.
Dr. Hershlag is a good doctor, no doubt. I feel confident to be under his care and believe in him. He makes me feel like I am his only patient, although it’s not always the case. Some visits he will ask a question that makes me feel like he doesn’t remember anything about me and the protocol he put me on. I do however understand that it is a very busy clinic and he can’t remember every detail about everyone unless he checks the chart. I wish he does check it before seeing me so that I don’t feel so confused at times. When my transfers did not work, he changed protocols each time which made me feel like he is proactive and is trying to achieve my pregnancy. After 2 failed transfers we asked for additional tests so we don’t go to the last embryo transfer blindly but he didn’t seem like he was eager to do it at all. I did not like that. Overall, he is a great doctor and I trust him I just wish the clinic wasn’t that busy so he could spend more time thinking of tests and other protocols that could change the outcome. In the end, I trust him and hope to be successful with him.
Ask questions and do your research. If you don’t understand something ask again. If you feel brushed off ask again. You are doing a major work so any answer that doesn’t explain anything needs to be asked again until you feel comfortable.
Dr. Hershlag always gives you a hug when he sees you and makes you feel that your success is very important to him.
For my IUI, it was Clomid thy was used. For my IVF cycle, it was Gonal F.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Jackie Nolan)
Jackie is a great nurse but she is always busy and running around his sometimes she seems to care about you and sometimes she doesn’t. However, every time I need an answer on something I would email her and she would always answer or call back. I never had to wait for more than an hour for her response. She is great at that.
The staff is great and they are super nice to you. They remember you by name and always eager to help. However, it’s a very busy clinic so sometimes you are waiting for more than an hour. I think they are doing their best but it’s just impossible sometimes.
It was great if it wasn’t too busy otherwise you would have to wait a bit. I always made it to work on time though. No complains
My insurance only covered diognostics and IUI, IVf and medication is out of pocket. $17K for cycle, $9K for medication so far, 1st transfer included, 5K per transfer after that, $300 per embryo for PGS.
Manhasset

The second cycle the only thing he [Dr. Hershlag] did differently was stim me for a day longer and lowered my Menopur a little...He was on vacation throughout my first cycle and I have no idea who was in charge of stimming and triggering me...I don’t believe there was a specific strategy... my two egg retrieval’s were basic protocol...He preferred eSET. The first FET was eSET because it was PGS/PGD normal and the second one we put in 2 embryos because 1 didn’t have enough data from the biopsy to be tested and we only had 2 left to transfer anyway. He didn’t want to do this but we insisted. Both FETs were failures and both had at least one PGS tested embryo transferred.
The place [Northwell Health] is a factory and if you want very individualized personal care your not going to get it here... There are times when the nurses and doctors expect you to know what they’re doing and they don’t explain anything. You need to stop them and ask questions. You have to keep on track of the treatment plan as often times the nurses and doctors will ask you... “what are we doing again”. Very reassuring when your paying $17,000 out of pocket for treatment.
Dr. Hershlag seems to have good intentions, however has way too many patients that he can’t remember what he’s doing with everyone. There were several times where I had to remind him what we were doing which was very frustrating. All he had to do was take a look at notes from our previous meeting to prepare himself but he doesn’t. I’m just a number to him. Only really saw him for my embryo transfers. He didn’t do one of my egg retrieval’s and a nurse practitioner did my IUI... never saw him throughout both stim cycles or IUI cycle. I feel like my care was just basic protocol and not geared to me individually. The place is a factory.
Make sure you go into a meeting with him with written down specific questions and take notes of exactly what he says. Don’t let him rush you into a decision. Ask follow up questions. You have to be your own advocate.
The clinic is like a factory. I have barely seen my actual doctor less than half the time I’m there. Dr. Hershlag never reviewed my file prior to meeting with me and forgot everything we discussed and the plan of action we finalized moving forward. The nurses were the only ones who knew everything and treated us like humans.
I don’t believe there was a specific strategy... my two egg retrieval’s were basic protocol. The second cycle the only thing he did differently was stim me for a day longer and lowered my Menopur a little. First cycle we got only 1, 7day old embryo and second cycle 3, 6-7 day old embryos. We had a total of 22 eggs retrieved, both cycles combined. The first egg retrieval I was triggered with only 1,000 units of hcg which is why I think I barely had any mature eggs (4, from 12). The second cycle I was triggered with 10,000 units of hcg and had 6 out of 10 mature eggs. He was on vacation throughout my first cycle and I have no idea who was in charge of stimming and triggering me. Also first egg retrieval was done by a dr I’ve never met from the other clinic location.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Jackie)
Nurses are very sweet and caring. Sometimes it’s difficult to get in touch with the nurse or clinic for that matter when you have an important question. I felt like my nurse was my dr and that I barely had a doctor. She did make one major mistake by sending the wrong requisition form to the PGS lab. This was resolved but created a 2 week setback for my first embryo transfer.
The place is a factory and if you want very individualized personal care your not going to get it here. I’m not sure about the other doctors in this office but with my doctor you just simply didn’t get it. You will be many of the other doctors during your time here and some are better than others. There are times when the nurses and doctors expect you to know what they’re doing and they don’t explain anything. You need to stop them and ask questions. You have to keep on track of the treatment plan as often times the nurses and doctors will ask you... “what are we doing again”. Very reassuring when your paying $17,000 out of pocket for treatment.
It was a factory... come on in between 7-8 am for blood and sono. Some days you would get in and out fast, others you would wait an hour. It’s hit or miss.
Our first ivf cycle was a PGS/PGD cycle that cost us $17,000. Meds are not included and that cost us about $4,000 (which we paid twice because we did two egg retrieval’s). The second egg retrieval was $10,000 because we had some credit from the first cycle. Our lab testing for 4 embryos (PGS/PGD) was $4,600 (coopergenomics). The first FET was included in the price and second FET was $4,000. Anesthesia for each egg retrieval was $500 each time.
There were two times during the two cycles I’ve done where the office just didn’t call me with my stim protocol or leave a message so I had to guess to take the same dosage of medicine from my stim the previous day. They say I will get a call by 5pm but if you don’t then the office is closed and there’s no one to get in touch with for the answer. The clinic also sent the wrong requisition form to the lab for my biopsies. They sent them to be banked and not tested, meanwhile we wanted them tested and were prepping with Estrace for our FET. The clinic told us to call the lab for results and when we called they said they had no results becaue our clinic never told them to test the biopsies. They eventually tested but it set back our transfer for 2 weeks. I was very disappointed with our clinic after this.
Manhasset

When first met he [Dr. Singer] took the time to study all our recordes/results and stated IVF w PGS will help and once we have embryos we will see by the transfer how sevire is the ednomiosis. When we had 2 losses, he said it the edno and blood issues . Recomended Gestational carrier to not loose these hard to create pgs healthy embryos. ... Used Letrozole with a 450 gonal F and 150 menupure which made more eggs and less side effects.
[Monitoring Appointments] You signed in and based on the order people came they were seen without consideration to the appointment time ... Nice renovated clinic [Northwell Health], they try to move paitents quickly in the morning, you only see the doctor if you request if not an image technion does the ultrasound. Sometime mornings are crowded can take up to 2 hours of wait. Prosidures done in Grate neck Northwell clinic, they provide a car service.
When first met he took the time to study all our recordes/results and stated IVF w PGS will help and once we have embryos we will see by the transfer how sevire is the ednomiosis. When we had 2 losses, he said it the edno and blood issues . Recomended Gestational carrier to not loose these hard to create pgs healthy embryos.
For me once beta shows pregnent, the doctor was very discoriging as it was on lower side and was hard to stay positive.
When comung to visit the team is very frendly and know your name and situation.
Care coordinator and ultrasound technishions were really nice and good, someone from the nursing calls to let you know what to do and when come back but doesnt give more information
Nice renovated clinic, they try to move paitents quickly in the morning, you only see the doctor if you request if not an image technion does the ultrasound. Sometime mornings are crowded can take up to 2 hours of wait. Prosidures done in Grate neck Northwell clinic, they provide a car service.
20k for each IVF cycle, bloodwork and medication not included. If wish PGS it is 2.5K separate.
He prefered multiple at my age and we wanted single, transfer was single.
There was a staff change and that resulted in getting results very late or next day and the overload caused misscomunication and emailing to get things done.
Lenox Hill

Although I didn’t not achieve want I wanted or dreamed of, Dr Gabe’s bedside matter and care for his patients was unbelieveable. I would recommend him to anyone. I unfortunately can’t say the same about his NP’s... The only thing I would change, when you’re dealing with “unexplained infertilty” If he showed more interest in digging a little deeper to possibly find an underlying cause somewhere. Instead of repeating the same cycle of meds 3-5 times in a row
The scheduling is probably one of the clinics strengths, and how they [Northwell Health] set the flow of patients. Billing or whoever handles the insurance I can’t say the same. First I was told from the beginning my insurance covered IVf, only to find out after we were interested in proceeding ivf that it wasn’t covered. That’s a headgame In itself as it is. Other then that I have nothing bad to say about it.... At first I loved his main NP dawn. But after repeating the same test after the 3rd time
Again his bedside matter was amazing, he remembers you by name and interests not just by face. Always welcoming. I wish I only saw him and no one else. The only thing I would change, when you’re dealing with “unexplained infertilty” If he showed more interest in digging a little deeper to possibly find an underlying cause somewhere. Instead of repeating the same cycle of meds 3-5 times in a row and getting the same response. Nothing more nothing less. I was up for change to try anything. But when you don’t see only him and bounce around thru the clinic I feel like it’s hard to meet goals.
Try to communicate exactly what your goals and expectations are.
Although I didn’t not achieve want I wanted or dreamed of, Dr Gabe’s bedside matter and care for his patients was unbelieveable. I would recommend him to anyone. I unfortunately can’t say the same about his NP’s.. but he is nothing short of wonderful.
Describe the protocols Gabe San Roman used in your cycles at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
Treatment protocol, 3 day of cycle , sonogram. Started a round of drugs, came back for monitoring twice. Triggered and went in for IUIs. Got 0 results and repeated the same medication atleast more then three times in a row, upped the dosage once . I feel like personally after the third time and getting the same failed result something somewhere should have been changed.
At first I loved his main NP dawn. But after repeating the same test after the 3rd time she became very cold and not so friendly. I almost felt like she hadn’t seen any success or moving forward with me, and I was almost like a waste of her time.
The scheduling is probably one of the clinics strengths, and how they set the flow of patients. Billing or whoever handles the insurance I can’t say the same. First I was told from the beginning my insurance covered IVf, only to find out after we were interested in proceeding ivf that it wasn’t covered. That’s a headgame In itself as it is. Other then that I have nothing bad to say about it.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gabe San Roman at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Everything was covered I paid for medication and copays. Ivf I was told was covered but turned out it was not
Smithtown

I took clomid for a few days and Ovidrel the night before the IUI procedure [with Dr. Hershlag]...I saw the Dr, twice. Once for a consultation and 2nd for my results...After my treatment didn't result in a birth, I never received any feedback or communication from him or the staff on next steps....he doesn't give you additional information unless you ask the right questions and KNOW your stuff!...I never received a clear diagnosis or explaination on what exactly is the reason for my infertility.
The nursing staff [at Northwell Health] seemed nice but over worked and very busy...Infertility drugs are expensive and I wasn't given options to different pharmacies to consider based on my insurance...Their weakness and my recommendation are that doctors and nurses need to spend more time with patients and make sure they explain patients' diagnosis and treatment options. This is sensitive and difficult time for women, in which we are also confused. Having a compassionate team who seems like they want you to win this battle.
After my treatment didn't result in a birth, I never received any feedback or communication from him or the staff on next steps. The clinic seems too busy to give you the attention you deserve and need. I felt more like a number most times. They were one or two nurses that were very nice and compassionate but overall was not enough to make me go back.
Make sure you have all your questions and do your research because he doesn't give you additional information unless you ask the right questions and KNOW your stuff!
The doctor seemed more concerned about the money factor and already mentioning IVF on the 1st appointment/consultation and to be quite honest I never received a clear diagnosis or explaination on what exactly is the reason for my infertility. I saw the Dr, twice. Once for a consultation and 2nd for my results. I did IUI and it didn't result in a birth. I didn't return to the clinic and no one in the clinic called for a follow up either.
I remember I took clomid for a few days and Ovidrel the night before the IUI procedure.
The nursing staff seemed nice but over worked and very busy.
I don't have the best insurance but it was quite expensive and had to pay at least a co-payment for every visit.
2015 - 2018, Successful
dr san roman is very warm and has a great bedside manner. He definitely has a bit of an ego and likes to recite his accolades almost every time my husband comes with me to our visits. he is incredibly sweet and seems to be very knowledgeable, however his office is a bit disorganized...if things aren't going smoothly in your cycle, it is difficult to get in touch with him in the early stages...there is still a lack of continuity in the care that is received and the attention that is paid to the cycles
the nurse practitioners are empathetic but they are highly unorganized and tend to run the office [North Shore] when they shouldn't ...i've had experiences where you ask them questions that they can't answer, and sometimes make stuff up...the clinic is very friendly and warm. The place is very clean and flows nicely, rarely have to wait a long time...they never seem to know what meds you are on when they meet with you...they seem really disorganized
in my experience, dr san roman is very warm and has a great bedside manner. He definitely has a bit of an ego and likes to recite his accolades almost every time my husband comes with me to our visits. he is incredibly sweet and seems to be very knowledgeable, however his office is a bit disorganized
be wary of the nurse practitioner's running the show...if things aren't going smoothly in your cycle, it is difficult to get in touch with him in the early stages...after going through a total of 2 ivf cycles and 4 failed transfers with pgs tested embryos, there is still a lack of continuity in the care that is received and the attention that is paid to the cycles
I was definitely treated like a human...everyone in the office is very friendly and ends up getting to know you, especially after 2 cycles
my first stim cycle, I was placed on 1 vial of menopur and 150 of follistum, but ended up doubling that dose 3 days in...stimmed for 14 days and got 8 eggs, 7 mature. My second stim cycle, I was placed on 2 menopur and 450 follistum and stimmed for 7 days and ended up with 7 eggs. I was told when I went for a second opinion that my second cycle was an incredibly high dose especially for someone with a high ovarian reserve. We also ran into a few bumps in the road with our transfers. Our second frozen transfer was rushed, ended up with a beta of 18, but my lining wasn't responding as well as it had in the past...that ended up being a chemical. The second ivf cycle with a fresh transfer, I was told to be on progesterone 2 times a day before the transfer by the nurse, then the dr said once a day...but discontinued everything due to high progesterone levels, in which my level went from over 100 to 50 then to 2...which was never going to sustain anything....
the nurse practitioners are empathetic but they are highly unorganized and tend to run the office when they shouldn't ...i've had experiences where you ask them questions that they can't answer, and sometimes make stuff up. I have also had instances where they aren't looking at your numbers as trends but instead just one value and making decisions that are incorrect based on that...during one of my transfers, I was told to stop taking progesterone...my levels went from over 100 to 50 to 2 in the course of 4 days...no one thought to look at the trend, instead she just saw the 50 and still advised me to stay off the med. They never review your chart before they speak to you...they never seem to know what meds you are on when they meet with you...they seem really disorganized
the clinic is very friendly and warm. The place is very clean and flows nicely, rarely have to wait a long time....everyone always says hi the issue is that the dr or the nurses never seem to remember your story...even if they were to take 2 min before they see you to review your chart, it would be helpful, this doesn't ever seem to be the case
each stim cycle was around 15,000 an additional 4,000 for pgs testing and then an additional 350/embryo at the lab...also 500 for anesthesia for retrieval stim meds were not included in the 15,000
he's preference is to transfer 1 embryo if they are pgs tested
disorganization I explained details earlier
2018, 6 Eggs Frozen
Ask a lot of questions as he [Dr. Singer] is extremely knowledgeable but initially just goes over the more general “summary”...He explained everything patiently and thoroughly. I texted him over a weekend with a question to which he responded instantly. He is very smart and has exceptional bedside manner...is always smiling and enthusiastic but also realistic about the whole process.
All the nurses and staff [at North Shore] were kind, compassionate and helpful...All [nurses] were thorough though some felt a little inexperienced. I never felt they weren’t completely in control...The nurses lost my pap results which were sent over before I started. I was asked several times about if it was sent - to which I confirmed it was in fact sent and reviewed with the nurse - before I was asked to have it resent. A solid week. The retrieval was on a Friday morning. I was told I’d get results on Friday afternoon or Saturday morning. No one returned my calls Saturday or Sunday but I did get a call on late Monday with the results.
He explained everything patiently and thoroughly. I texted him over a weekend with a question to which he responded instantly. He is very smart and has exceptional bedside manner. Dr Singer is always smiling and enthusiastic but also realistic about the whole process.
Ask a lot of questions as he is extremely knowledgeable but initially just goes over the more general “summary”
All the nurses and staff were kind, compassionate and helpful.
225 follistin, 150 menapur. Follistin was increased to 300 after 5 days. Ganarelix for 4 nights. Then the trigger of Pregnyl. Every other day for blood/sonogram the first 6 days then daily after that.
All were thorough though some felt a little inexperienced. I never felt they weren’t completely in control but they all seemed fairly young.
Strengths: I felt looked after and cared for and they were all smart and kind. Plus the procedure went well. Weakness: it’s very difficult to get a hold of people in the office if not physically there.
9,000 per cycle plus egg storage and not including medication
2015 - 2018, Successful
We [with Dr. Gabe San Roman] started with fertility pills, 5 rounds of clomid. I produced many mature folicles, but none led to pregnancy with intercourse. The last round was IUI, to try and increase the chances of a positive pregnancy. It did not work. Then I moved to injectibles. They provided the first round for free. I produced 4 mature folicles, but no pregnancy resulted from intercourse. Dr. Gave adjusted the medication to focus on egg quality. 13 eggs were retrieved the next round, but again no fertilization happened. Again the medication was adjusted and I was out on pure LH to boost egg health. He also recommened herbal supplements. This time 6 eggs were retrieved and 5 fertilized. The first transfer at day 5 did not take.
[Northwell Health-Smithtown's] Strengths- Clean, great staff, free coffee and snacks, early morning and weekend hours, affordable with insurance, blood work drawn on site. Weakness- no afternoon or evening hours, sometimes crowded and long waits.... They provided the first round of injections for free, and a part of my treatment it was covered under my insurance. When insurance did not cover, office visit were $250 and ultrasounds were additional
Dr. Gabe is sincere and authentic. He is personable and open as a doctor. He has a good sense of humor and also knows when to be serious and get down to business. He adjusts his approach based on the patient’s needs. I always felt heard and respected. He walked through options and concerns with me and we decided on courses of action together.
Be honest and assertive with what you want. It’s your health and family on the line, not the doctor’s.
Dr. Gave knew our names, likes and interests, and made time to meet with me and my partner. He always made time to small talk at each appointment and made information easy to understand. He also personally made calls about results with very sensitive information.
We started with fertility pills, 5 rounds of clomid. I produced many mature folicles, but none led to pregnancy with intercourse. The last round was IUI, to try and increase the chances of a positive pregnancy. It did not work. Then I moved to injectibles. They provided the first round for free. I produced 4 mature folicles, but no pregnancy resulted from intercourse. Dr. Gave adjusted the medication to focus on egg quality. 13 eggs were retrieved the next round, but again no fertilization happened. Again the medication was adjusted and I was out on pure LH to boost egg health. He also recommened herbal supplements. This time 6 eggs were retrieved and 5 fertilized. The first transfer at day 5 did not take. I suggest transferring 2. Dr Gabe talked to us about risks such as twins and even higher order multiples. He thought transferring 2 was a good move since we had been trying for years, and we agreed with this plan and transferred 2 eggs, which resulted in our beautiful baby girls.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Emily)
Everyone knew my health and history. They were compassionate and seemed genuinely interest in my pregnancy journey.
They provided the first round of injections for free, and a part of my treatment it was covered under my insurance. When insurance did not cover, office visit were $250 and ultrasounds were additional.
Ok glad we tried one the first time and that dr. Gabe spoke to us about the risks of transferring multiple embryos and life with multiples.
Smithtown

Dr. Mullin spent a lot of time with me and always answered all of my questions...She explained everything in detail and gave me realistic expectations. She always made me feel hopeful. I appreciate that her approach is not aggressive and she is a doctor who likes to try the least invasive procedures first and works her way up to more Invasive treatment like ivf...tell her your concerns and ask her for her honest opinion because she’ll give it to you.
I only had an interaction with one nurse {at Northwell Health] and I found her to be the least friendly of the office. She was blunt and to the point and didn’t seem to show as much companion as other staff...For my medication I spent around $175 and my IUI was $350...Small clinic with one doctor even though she is part of a large practice. This allows you to feel like a person as opposed to a number. Everyone knows your name and the staff remembers you. Everyone is very friendly and I felt comfortable there.
I found Dr. Mullin to be warm and companionate but also very to the point which I appreciated it. She explained everything in detail and gave me realistic expectations. She always made me feel hopeful. I appreciate that her approach is not aggressive and she is a doctor who likes to try the least invasive procedures first and works her way up to more Invasive treatment like ivf.
To be honest with her and ask as many questions as you have. Tell her your concerns and ask her for her honest opinion because she’ll give it to you.
Dr. Mullin spent a lot of time with me and always answered all of my questions. I felt like I was a person and not a number. Her staff would greet me by name and always remembered who I was.
She did monitoring with blood and ultrasound, prescribed letrozole and a trigger shot of hcg in preparation of IUI.
I only had an interaction with one nurse and I found her to be the least friendly of the office. She was blunt and to the point and didn’t seem to show as much companion as other staff.
My insurance only covers office visits and consultations, not procedures. For my medication I spent around $175 and my IUI was $350.
Christine Mullin
Mineola

Tomer Singer is knowledgeable and extremely caring. I always felt like I was in good hands. He gave great advise and was sensitive to all of our concerns. He had incredible bedside manner. Could not recommend him enough!... [Eset Approach] Singer explained all the pros and cons of both. We transferred two for the first transfer and had a miscarriage. The second round we only did one transfer and it worked!
The nurses [Northwell Health] and Dr. Singer were great. I had a lot of confidence in their advise, knowledge, etc. The facility had open hours in the mornings before work and weekends out in Long Island. The provided car service to Long Island for procedures. The front of the office staff was a little flustered and disorganized.... Dr. Singer and his team were so careful and sensitive with the stresses of infertility and their treatment. They were also all very patient. I never felt like a number.
Book far in advance. Know how aggressive you want to be with treatment. I would fully understand the pros and cons of each procedure before proceeding.
We started with hormone injectables, went thru IUI's and then progressed to IVF. IVF was successful after the 2nd time around.
Compassionate and knowledgeable. Many of the nurses were familiar with IVF from personal experience.
The nurses and Dr. Singer were great. I had a lot of confidence in their advise, knowledge, etc. The facility had open hours in the mornings before work and weekends out in Long Island. The provided car service to Long Island for procedures. The front of the office staff was a little flustered and disorganized.
We had to pay all costs - $25 - $30K
Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
I think he [Dr. Hershlag] explains it all and is a caring and understanding professional...egg retrieval is the process i am undergoing. I was given the standard medication injectables...He as very informative, kind and compassionate. He took his time to explain the process, procedure, historical outcomes, etc. I was very pleased with his assessment and my 'gut' felt it was right...feel as though (still on going) that I am in good hands and with a seasoned professional in the field.
she [nurse at Northwell Health] was available; returned calls, answered all my silly and repetitive questions. She walked me through the medication protocal and was on top of everything...I had uterine fibroids removed a few years ago and now i am undergoing egg freezing. I am a returning patient as i feel that i had been well taken care of at this hospital and feel that the doctors i have encountered there are experts in their field.
I felt at ease at his office and with his staff of nurses. I feel as though (still on going) that I am in good hands and with a seasoned professional in the field. I am an intuitive person and go strongly by my gut feelings as there are many things in life, the prospects of motherhood as one, that i can not control, but put my faith in those who dedicate their lives to this work, Dr. Hershlag being one of them
I think he explains it all and is a caring and understanding professional. There is little advice i can give someone as I am in this myself.
egg retrieval is the process i am undergoing. I was given the standard medication injectables. That is all really.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: nurse jackie)
she was available; returned calls, answered all my silly and repetitive questions. She walked me through the medication protocal and was on top of everything.
I have a extensive medical history at NSLIJ Northwell health. I had uterine fibroids removed a few years ago and now i am undergoing egg freezing. I am a returning patient as i feel that i had been well taken care of at this hospital and feel that the doctors i have encountered there are experts in their field.
out of pocket for 9K. Meds were covered by insurance.
nope applicable.
Manhasset
He [Dr. Hershlag] made me feel so happy and was such a pleasure to talk to..He’s compassionate which is so rare. He’s knowledgeable and explains everything in a way that makes sense...They were amzing! Very personalized and would spend time explaining everything. I absolutely adore him and his staff....4 vials is menapur 300 of follastim Menapur Cetratide All used to generate eggs. Cetratide used to delay ovulation...
Nurse practitioner - Dorene- is amazing. Lauren - another doctors nurse that sometimes covered for Hershlag’s nurse was amazing and so understanding Jenny - Hershlag’s nurse- nice but I felt like I was bothering her sometimes...Well organized and friendly staff [North Shore Long Island Jewish]. I have not recognized any weaknesses yet. For blood work and sono you do not need an appointment. You just go in between 7-9. Waiting times weren’t bad at all. I was always in and out in 20 mins at most.
He made me feel so happy and was such a pleasure to talk to. I feel that I wasted my time at the other practice I went to after meeting him. He’s compassionate which is so rare. He’s knowledgeable and explains everything in a way that makes sense.
Don’t bother going to any other clinics.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Jenny )
Nurse practitioner - Dorene- is amazing. Lauren - another doctors nurse that sometimes covered for Hershlag’s nurse was amazing and so understanding Jenny - Hershlag’s nurse- nice but I felt like I was bothering her sometimes. Didn’t feel that way with anyone else in the practice.
Well organized and friendly staff. I have not recognized any weaknesses yet. For blood work and sono you do not need an appointment. You just go in between 7-9. Waiting times weren’t bad at all. I was always in and out in 20 mins at most.
Easy to do. Quick, no wait, orderly.
Pay upfront for all copays and services. No payment plan.
Manhasset
I felt like he [Dr. Gabe San Roman] was really knowledgeable, deals with my specific case, is sensitive and informative, and has good bedside manor. He is trustworthy and listens to what I’m saying and remembers who I am which is really important for me in such a difficult process.... During my appointments with Dr San Roman I asked a lot of questions and he always took the time to thoroughly answer them. I also really like getting to always see the same dr and not a rotation of different drs all the time at the clinic.
I have definitely felt like a human and not a number [at North Shore-Smithtown]. Paying out of pocket the office staff always tried to do everything they could to help me. ... I feel like they take the time out to get to know me and make me feel like they care about my fertility and not just my money like some other fertility clinics have made me feel!.. Clomid 100mg 1 round- bad reaction to clomid. Switched to Femera with Ovidrel trigger.
I felt like he was really knowledgeable, deals with my specific case, is sensitive and informative, and has good bedside manor. He is trustworthy and listens to what I’m saying and remembers who I am which is really important for me in such a difficult process.
Make sure you book your consultation 3 months in advance because there is a waitlist lol!
I have definitely felt like a human and not a number. Paying out of pocket the office staff always tried to do everything they could to help me. During my appointments with Dr San Roman I asked a lot of questions and he always took the time to thoroughly answer them. I also really like getting to always see the same dr and not a rotation of different drs all the time at the clinic. I feel like they take the time out to get to know me and make me feel like they care about my fertility and not just my money like some other fertility clinics have made me feel!
Amazing! So nice!
Gabe San Roman

He [Dr. Cohen] was great, appointments were usually very short and more the office than the doctor felt like an assembly line. Doctor was great....He was very good at explaining everything and what to expect, he explained to my mom medical husband everything from IVF to PGS. He was very gentle during the procedures for procedures that i have heard of people complaining they hurt i didn’t even feel them.... They [nurses] were great, always calling me back and answered all questions
They [North Shore -Manhasset] were great, always calling me back and answered all questions...Very busy and feels like it’s easy to get lost, wait times can also be long. The staff however tries to be as accommodating as possible. Only 1 phlebotomist which can mean a long wait time for blood work...He [Dr. Cohen] was great, appointments were usually very short and more the office than the doctor felt like an assembly line. Doctor was great.
Ask questions
He was great, appointments were usually very short and more the office than the doctor felt like an assembly line. Doctor was great.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Vajida)
They were great, always calling me back and answered all questions
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Cohen at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
About 18,000 not including medication or genetics
Describe Matthew Cohen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
We did PGS so only 1 transferred