7.1

210 East 64th St.
285 Middle Country Road
Smithtown, NY 11787

2015 - 2018, Successful
Dr. Mullin is extremely smart and good at what she does. She is always thinking of different ways to make each cycle successful and goes above and beyond to try and get a positive pregnancy test. If I ever had questions I needed answered, I never had to wait more than a day for her response...If you are expecting warm and fuzzy, that is not what you will get with Dr. Mullin, but you will get the best care.
This is a very big clinic with many patients and can sometimes feel like it's a revolving door, but I didn't really expect anything different. As with any other medical care, you have to be your own advocate and do your own research and ask questions. Try to become knowledgeable regarding your treatment so you can give it the best shot possible...All of the nursing staff is excellent!...If you are expecting warm and fuzzy, that is not what you will get with Dr. Mullin, but you will get the best care.
How was your experience with Christine Mullin at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christine Mullin at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christine Mullin at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Although most appointments were very fast, she would still answer any and all of the questions I had.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Joan)
All of the nursing staff is excellent!
Describe your experience with Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Manhasset
Dr. San Roman is an amazing doctor and person. I and my partner felt at ease and well informed with him. He takes the time to get to know his patients. He was referred to me by a friend who had much success and had a baby girl with his help. I would would recommend him wholeheartedly to couples trying to conceive.... He was very meticulous with how and when to take the medication and well as the the rest of the process.
Everyone [North Shore] was super sweet and compassionate.... It wasn’t as expensive as I expected it to be, especially since we paid out of pocket.... I don’t have anything negative to say about the clinic except for the fact that it is a bit far for us. We are in Brooklyn so traveling to Long Island can be taxing and can be a bit of an inconvenience.... Dr. San Roman is an amazing doctor and person. I and my partner felt at ease and well informed with him.
How was your experience with Gabe San Roman at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gabe San Roman at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Do not give up and stay positive!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gabe San Roman at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
He was patient, kind and everyone was amazing at the office.
Describe the protocols Gabe San Roman used in your cycles at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Everyone was super sweet and compassionate.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gabe San Roman at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
What specific things went wrong at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Gabe San Roman
Smithtown
Dr. Hershlag was amazing and individualized treatment to your personal diagnosis and needs!...so knowledgeable in what he does and so protective of his patients, always wanting to be the one to see them if possible and manage their care. He goes above and beyond to individualize your treatment plans to your diagnosis and needs and is so encouraging and hopeful every step of the way...
clinic [Northwell Health] was fine but doctor hershlag was the one who made it excellent. sometimes it feels like a factory since its so busy but the care dr. hershlag provided overshadowed that...He may not seem so warm from the beginning but he truly is once you get to know him and has your best interests at heart always.
How was your experience with Avner Hershlag at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
He is amazing! so knowledgeable in what he does and so protective of his patients, always wanting to be the one to see them if possible and manage their care. He goes above and beyond to individualize your treatment plans to your diagnosis and needs and is so encouraging and hopeful every step of the way. I truly felt like i was in the best hands and owe him so much and am so grateful that he gave us the gift of becoming parents. He has since left northwell and we have moved out of state and my biggest regret about that is that we will not be able to see dr hershlag for future treatments. I strongly recommend him to everyone I know though because he is really the best and I can say that even more so after comparing him to other doctors I've seen after moving away. No doctor ive had experience with is as good as dr. hershlag.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Avner Hershlag at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Avner Hershlag at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
clinic was fine but doctor hershlag was the one who made it excellent. sometimes it feels like a factory since its so busy but the care dr. hershlag provided overshadowed that.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
was fine
Describe the costs associated with your care under Avner Hershlag at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
i think around $300 each iui and $20,000 for ivf cycle
Describe Avner Hershlag's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
they only transfer one
Manhasset
Dr. Singer is a great doctor, straight forward and pleasant at the same time. He worked with our situation and provided support even when the outcome wasn't what we hoped for...made sure I was always comfortable and well informed and had the support needed during the process...always available and caring...supportive and helpful during and after the treatment.
Northwell is a very welcoming environment, their offices are clean and the staff is professional while at the same time courteous. We had all our questions answered in a clear concise way, and never felt like we had to chase pertinent information. There were, however, a few times when we felt like the front desk staff and the nurses were not fully communicative with one another, and that there were some discrepancies as to what our scheduling and timetable would look like, which seemed to come from a high volume of patients.
How was your experience with Tomer Singer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Dr. Singer is a great doctor, straight forward and pleasant at the same time. He worked with our situation and provided support even when the outcome wasn't what we hoped for. The nurses at his office were great and very helpful. Everyone was supportive and helpful during and after the treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tomer Singer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Dr. Singer and his team were always available and caring. They made sure I was always comfortable and well informed and had the support needed during the process.
New York City

It was very systematic, we didn't feel supported by the doctor [Dr. Cohen]. We needed encouragement, a positive outlook and the treatment to be tailored towards our medical needs and how my body was responding to the treatment. Instead we received one protocol, no options and the doctor never assessed any further. When the IVF was unsuccessful, I had to reach out for assistance, the doctor never called to follow up.
She [nurse at Northwell Health] was helpful and responsive. She was warm and made efforts to assist us through this process. She explained information and had patience...I requested a copy of my entire medical records and it took two weeks of harassing them to finally receive it...Sometimes it was quick other times there was a wait time...Strengths-clean, several locations in Long Island, Queens and Manhattan. Weakness-wait time during apts., some staff were insensitive and delayed in responding to messages or requests, with the exception of the nurses.
How was your experience with Matthew Cohen at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
He was informative and delivered knowledge. Unfortunately, he was not able to help us and we felt unsupported throughout the process and after the failed treatments by him. During my requested follow call after the failed IVF, he stated over the phone his opinion that if the next treatment didn't work out that he would suggest not trying anymore and failed to provide any medical information as to the reasons for his recommendation. This was very hurtful to us and it has taken me over one year to find myself emotionally ready and available to try fertility treatments again.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Cohen at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Ask questions as to the different protocols available and whether they fully rule out possible medical conditions that might contribute to the outcome of treatments.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Cohen at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
It was very systematic, we didn't feel supported by the doctor. We needed encouragement, a positive outlook and the treatment to be tailored towards our medical needs and how my body was responding to the treatment. Instead we received one protocol, no options and the doctor never assessed any further. When the IVF was unsuccessful, I had to reach out for assistance, the doctor never called to follow up.
Describe the protocols Matthew Cohen used in your cycles at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
Clomid for IUIs; birth control and injections for IVF including the trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Ms. Gilic)
She was helpful and responsive. She was warm and made efforts to assist us through this process. She explained information and had patience.
Sometimes it was quick other times there was a wait time. There were times my records where not transferred to the other location even when followed up.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Cohen at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
It was mostly covered under our insurance, copays, genetic testing were out of pocket and some other fees.
Describe Matthew Cohen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
We only had one embryo to transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Manhasset

Always see a doctor for monitoring [at North Shore Long Island Jewish], though sometimes not your primary doctor. Patients in satellite offices need to go to Manhassat for at least some monitoring appointments and all procedures - Manhassat is definitely busier than Mineola, but still moves fairly quickly. Had a couple of issues with billing, but they were easily resolved. Robyn, who handles insurance logistics for the Mineola office, is excellent and helped me through a really confusing insurance policy.
I met with Dr. Mullin after leaving a different clinic (from which I had serious concerns about their level of care). She was matter of fact about my potential options for treatment, but listened to me about my concerns and wishes and responded appropriately and with empathy. Sje was involved with my care - which took place over the holidays - and never made me feel like a number or "just another" patient. She encouraged me to keep going with my retrieval when I considered cancelling it due to an unusual course of events during my stims phase. I went through with my retrieval only because of how much I trusted Dr. Mullin. The retrieval resulted in 9 embryos (8 PGS normal), and one current pregnancy. I would recommend Dr. Mullin to anyone in the area undergoing treatment for infertility.
Don't be afraid to say what you want out of treatment. Dr. Mullin will listen and let you know if it's possible - she won't just push her standard treatment without explanation or consideration to your wants/concerns.
I always saw a doctor for my monitoring appointments, and often that doctor was Dr. Mullin. She was super involved in my care, and always made me feel like I was her only patient (even though that obviously wasn't the case).
Describe the protocols Christine Mullin used in your cycles at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
Antagonist protocol; ICSI; PGS; FET with embryo glue. 21 eggs, 19 mature, 17 fertilized, 9 day 5/6 embryos, 8 PGS-normal.
The nursing staff was overall great, though I thought Mary Jane was the stronger, better organized of the two (she was wonderful).
Always see a doctor for monitoring, though sometimes not your primary doctor. Patients in satellite offices need to go to Manhassat for at least some monitoring appointments and all procedures - Manhassat is definitely busier than Mineola, but still moves fairly quickly. Had a couple of issues with billing, but they were easily resolved. Robyn, who handles insurance logistics for the Mineola office, is excellent and helped me through a really confusing insurance policy.
Monitoring at Manhassat was generally during any window of time, definitely busier. Monitoring in Mineola was for a set time and a breeze.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christine Mullin at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Insurance covered all procedures except PGS and embryo glue. Total out of pocket was ~$5500, excluding deductibles and coinsurance. I believe i was quoted ~17k (plus medication costs) out of pocket if I didn't have insurance. They gave me the price information very early on in the process.
Describe Christine Mullin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
I strongly wanted to avoid the possibility of multiples, Dr. Mullin agreed with an eSet.
Had to make two requests for my file to be sent to my ob - but could have been my ob offices' error, unclear! Either way not a big issue.

2015 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr Mullin is very to the point - she does not sugar coat. She gives you the results and the percentage of chance things can go the way you want them to. She never says no - but will always give you the probability of a positive wether you want to hear it or not. She is very cautious and does not get overly excited...She is fact and reality based and won't fill you up with dreams and maybes. She also does not take risks her goal is to give you one healthy baby at a time.
There are busy hours [at North Shore] so be sure to ask if it is a busy time when making your appointment - Mornings are typically a packed office. If you are going the route of donor eggs - their in house donor pool is not that big so go into that with a you can't be too choosy mindset unless you are willing to pay the extra expenses of going to an egg bank or hiring your own donor both of which can get quite costly as you will need to pay for them to go through the clinics approval process...Everyone in the office will know your name and will give you a big greeting when you arrive. The receptionist knows where everyone is in their cycle and the nurses are all fantastic. They listen and care...The nurses are fabulous at both offices - Mineola and Manhassat. They are caring and supportive and very comforting during a very difficult process. They are not the best communicators and sometimes forget to inform the rest of team about an appointment or a request you made so be sure to write down everything you discuss with them and which nurse you are talking with.
Be sure to go there with an open mind and be prepared to hear things that might go against what you dream of. She is fact and reality based and won't fill you up with dreams and maybes. She also does not take risks her goal is to give you one healthy baby at a time.
My first cycles were IUI cycles - We were prescribed injectables (Menapur and Gonal-f). The rational for using the injectables was to get me to create as many follicles as possible due to my advanced maternal age. Although I did create follicles both of these cycles were negatives. My recent cycle was a donor egg transfer. I was prescribed oral meds - Estrace and some antibiotics. Then after the transfer, I am continuing with Estrace and Progesterone in Oil injections for about 10 weeks. We are currently pregnant and awaiting our 8 week sonogram.
The clinic is clean and calming. There are busy hours so be sure to ask if it is a busy time when making your appointment - Mornings are typically a packed office. If you are going the route of donor eggs - their in house donor pool is not that big so go into that with a you can't be too choosy mindset unless you are willing to pay the extra expenses of going to an egg bank or hiring your own donor both of which can get quite costly as you will need to pay for them to go through the clinics approval process.
All office visits went through insurance as well as my IUI cycles so I was only responsible for the co-pay. But my donor cycle was not covered under insurance at all. We were responsible for the entire cycle which when all was said and done it cost us about $32,000. We were the sole recipients of the eggs - so if you did a shared cycle it would be a bit less expensive.
Dr Mullin only believes in a single embryo transfer. She feels it is safer. Unless you are under age 35 and specifically request a multi embryo transfer but be prepared to hear all the risks of multi births and how it increases your chance of miscarriage.
Mineola

I feel that a doctor should take the time to follow up with his patients especially after experiencing a loss like we did, by him [Dr. Hershlag] not reaching out it made us feel we were not important to him and had us looking for another clinic...When we reached out we got the runaround and were told to speak with nurses who were not even his direct nurse...Be prepared to be suffled around to various doctors during your office visits and make sure you are ok with taking the lead in your own treatment as he does not do much follow up with his patients, you will usually talk to other doctors/nurses to get the information that you need.
The staff at the front desk [of North Shore] was always helpful and the nurses in the surgery room were so caring however; it was kind of like a factory feel at times because you were never sure what doctor you were seeing and at times they misplaced my paperwork which was a little unsettling...Jenny [nurse] was always willing to answer questions or provide information about my cycle however; there were some mistakes made in having me order medicine I never needed but on the other hand if I ran out of needed medication Jenny did try to help connect me to some extra meds if she had some available
At first we really liked Dr Herslag however after our second failed transfer he never called to follow up with us or to discuss another plan. When we reached out we got the runaround and were told to speak with nurses who were not even his direct nurse. I feel that a doctor should take the time to follow up with his patients especially after experiencing a loss like we did, by him not reaching out it made us feel we were not important to him and had us looking for another clinic.
During my first round with Dr Herslag he seemed really attentive and concerned about our process however; during the second round I feel he did not take an active interest in our case and after our second failed cycle he never even called to follow up or discuss next steps with us. When we reached out to follow up we got the runaround which made us want to consider starting treatment at another clinic
Describe the protocols Avner Hershlag used in your cycles at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
At first we tried 6 cycles of IUI which failed and then we did a frozen transfer cycle which also didn’t take. Dr. Herslag recommended me for uterine surgery to open up a blocked tube and then did another transfer which was unsuccessful
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Jenny )
Jenny was always willing to answer questions or provide information about my cycle however; there were some mistakes made in having me order medicine I never needed but on the other hand if I ran out of needed medication Jenny did try to help connect me to some extra meds if she had some available
The staff at the front desk was always helpful and the nurses in the surgery room were so caring however; it was kind of like a factory feel at times because you were never sure what doctor you were seeing and at times they misplaced my paperwork which was a little unsettling
All the lab fees were out of pocket and insurance only covered 70%
They made me order medicine that I never wound up needing and when I questioned them about this they couldn’t give me an answer as to why this was
Manhasset
Dr. Tomer suggested the use of Clomid to increase egg/ follicle size during my IUI cycles. Although he suggested IVF, he supported our decision to try IUI first. He provided what information he had it turns of financial information for IVF but still respected our decision to try IUI...Dr. Tomer Singer was extremely warm and friendly. Although he was very honest and realistic with his expectations and possible outcomes, it was done with empathy and compassion..
Nursing staff [at North Shore] greeted you by name during visits and responded to questions or concerns in a timely fashion. They are very friendly and made you feel comfortable when asking questions or when i called to inform of failed IUI cycle...Location and hours are extremely accessible and convenient. I was even able to reach someone during holiday hours, Christmas eve...Nursing staff assisted in locating trigger shot at a lower price since the shot was not covered by insurance.
Dr. Singer was very candid when meeting with my husband and i . However, he was sympathetic and kind when addressing our situation and gave us all of our options even if success rates were low. As a man, he was able to support and reassure my husband who was reluctant to receive treatment for our infertility or even attend an appointment. He consistently reassured us and gave us support during our failed cycles.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tomer Singer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Continue to practice with care, love and compassion.
Dr. Tomer Singer was extremely warm and friendly. Although he was very honest and realistic with his expectations and possible outcomes, it was done with empathy and compassion. His office is very inviting and welcoming.
Describe the protocols Tomer Singer used in your cycles at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
Dr. Tomer suggested the use of Clomid to increase egg/ follicle size during my IUI cycles. Although he suggested IVF, he supported our decision to try IUI first. He provided what information he had it turns of financial information for IVF but still respected our decision to try IUI. I came in and did blood work and then used the trigger shot to ovulate. Insemination was done about 36 hours post trigger shot the first cycle and about 26 hours post trigger shot the second cycle (my recollection of the timing may be off). Unfortunately both cycles did not result in pregnancy.
Nursing staff greeted you by name during visits and responded to questions or concerns in a timely fashion. They are very friendly and made you feel comfortable when asking questions or when i called to inform of failed IUI cycle.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tomer Singer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
All IUI procedural costs were covered by my insurance except for co pays. Nursing staff assisted in locating trigger shot at a lower price since the shot was not covered by insurance.
Lenox Hill
Dr. Hershlag has wonderful bedside manner. He answers all of your questions and tries to make you feel very comfortable. When I first started going to his office he did all of my examinations, not a technician...The day I received the news that my first cycle of IVF didn't work, I was expecting the phone call from one of the nurses, however it was a pleasant surprise to hear him on the other end of the line. He was very sympathetic and I was happy that he took the time to break the news to me. I also like the fact that he's honest and doesn't try to sugarcoat anything.
The nursing staff [at North Shore] is fantastic. They answered my numerous questions without hesitation. I had a few meltdowns during some visits and they were very compassionate and tried their best to help me get through them...I was suppose to receive a phone call with blood results on whether or not I needed to start birth control to start a cycle. I didn't receive the phone call, and by the time a nurse got back to me it was too late to start.
Dr. Hershlag has wonderful bedside manner. He answers all of your questions and tries to make you feel very comfortable. When I first started going to his office he did all of my examinations, not a technician. This was a nice change from my last RE. I have seen almost all of the doctors at this practice, and they are all wonderful. The day I received the news that my first cycle of IVF didn't work, I was expecting the phone call from one of the nurses, however it was a pleasant surprise to hear him on the other end of the line. He was very sympathetic and I was happy that he took the time to break the news to me. I also like the fact that he's honest and doesn't try to sugarcoat anything.
He has a crazy schedule, so you have to be flexible.
Dr.Hershlag takes the time to answer any questions and his gentle persona makes you feel very comfortable through stressful times.
I'll be honest, it was all so very overwhelming that I am not sure of the specifics. I trusted that he knew what to do because he was highly recommended, and I just did everything they told me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Cathy and Jenny)
The nursing staff is fantastic. They answered my numerous questions without hesitation. I had a few meltdowns during some visits and they were very compassionate and tried their best to help me get through them. They are very knowledgeable about medications and procedures, as they should be, however they explained it in a simple manner for me to understand. They really made a stressful and scary time a lot easier.
The clinics reception staff is outstanding. They are always personable and know you on a first name basis. They try to accommodate you any way they can. The one weakness here is the billing department. Latarsha is wonderful, however other people need to be trained better. I believe you shouldn't sit with a client and quote prices of procedures unless your 100% sure of what you're saying... This is a very stressful time, and false information only makes it that much harder.
I was suppose to receive a phone call with blood results on whether or not I needed to start birth control to start a cycle. I didn't receive the phone call, and by the time a nurse got back to me it was too late to start. I guess everything happens for a reason. This situation has been addressed at the clinic.
Manhasset

Dr. Hershlag was candid about how he felt about my weight. We feel that he diminished the possible male factor infertility possibility. Multiple blood tests were done when i first became a patient, but during treatment, no further tests to find the cause of infertility were performed.... We have done 6 IUIs. First was 100mg clomid and trigger (chemical) next two were 150mg clomid and ovidrel. I expressed a *maybe* concern with my luteal phase and he added crinone for the next 3. One more round of clomid/ovidrel/crinone. Switched to femara 2x a day with trigger and crinone for 2 rounds which resulted in chemicals. I am not sure why the amounts or medicines were decided on, he mentioned PCOS a few times and if i said "oh is that what youve diagnosed me with" he always said no.
Dr. Hershlag [at North Shore Long Island] was candid about how he felt about my weight. We feel that he diminished the possible male factor infertility possibility. Multiple blood tests were done when i first became a patient, but during treatment, no further tests to find the cause of infertility were performed.... We have done 6 IUIs. First was 100mg clomid and trigger (chemical) next two were 150mg clomid and ovidrel. I expressed a *maybe* concern with my luteal phase and he added crinone for the next 3. One more round of clomid/ovidrel/crinone. Switched to femara 2x a day with trigger and crinone for 2 rounds which resulted in chemicals. I am not sure why the amounts or medicines were decided on, he mentioned PCOS a few times and if i said "oh is that what youve diagnosed me with" he always said no.
Dr. Hershlag was candid about how he felt about my weight. We feel that he dinished the possible male factor infertility possibility. Multiple blood tests were done when i first became a patient, but during treatment, no further tests to find the cause of infertility were performed.
I guess be more proactive in advocating for yourself
At times he seemed caring and interested, while others it was just lets get this done. Our expressed concern with the lack of diagnoses seems to be ignored.
Front desk is very nice and accomodating. Billing is always willing to help. Office is clean
Iui out of pocket is 350. Most regular visits are covered under my copay. Not sure about IVF/ICSI yet, but my insurance does not cover it.
A nurse instructed me to start a medicine before a chemical pregnancy level went down to non pregnant state, medicines were called into wrong pharmacies
Manhasset

[Dr. Singer is] a nice guy, but not sure if I trust him enough to go through a cycle with him. He sounds like a car salesman more so than a doctor when he described the procedures....I waited 3 hours to see Dr. Singer. My appointment was at 10 a.m. but I didn't see him until close to 2 p.m. So NOT considerate to patients...I was very disappointed after seeing him and spoke to him during consultation.
RaChel [nurse at Northwell Health] who I had spoken with during consultation was nice, but when I called to get some bloodwork results some other nurses who answered the phone was not very nice...They were not up front about co-insurances and co-pays for genetic testing and radiological imaging tests...The wait time was way too long! I feel like they don't value patient's time. If they valued their patients time, I wouldn't have had to wait 3 hours to see Dr. Singer for a consultation on my first visit. Not to mention their front desk, no one ever answers to make an appointment or to change appointments. How frustrating!!
He's a nice guy, but not sure if I trust him enough to go through a cycle with him. He sounds like a car salesman more so than a doctor when he described the procedures. He seemed to be more interested in getting more patients which equals more profit than his success rates per each patients. I was very disappointed after seeing him and spoke to him during consultation.
Don't go there!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: RaChel)
RaChel who I had spoken with during consultation was nice, but when I called to get some bloodwork results some other nurses who answered the phone was not very nice.
We had the hardest time getting medical records from this clinic. It took 6 and a half weeks to get them! Also, my thyroid level was not within normal range, they didn't call me about it. I found out after looking at medical records 6 and a half weeks later.
Lenox Hill

He [Dr. Scholl] was awful. Terrible bedside manner. Refused to listen to you. Would always ‘sigh’ when you had a question. Had no faith. Very textbook. Would never want to hear about other things I read regarding DOR. Had no interest in adjusting meds or doses. Just plain awful... same meds and doses...He never wanted to answer questions. He refused to change protocols. He did same protocol for everyone despite their diagnosis. On first meeting he already said I should go straight to donor egg.
About $25,000 The cycle itself is $17500 and plus the cost of meds [at Northwell Health]...Strength — great monitoring hours Weakness — hospital run. Awful doctors and protocols. They treat everyone the same. Literally just a number. Sometimes they didn’t even remember what meds you were on...Kathy [nurse] was amazing. The other nurses I didn’t really know... didn’t have any options since I didn’t have many embryos
How was your experience with Gerald Scholl at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
He was awful. Terrible bedside manner. Refused to listen to you. Would always ‘sigh’ when you had a question. Had no faith. Very textbook. Would never want to hear about other things I read regarding DOR. Had no interest in adjusting meds or doses. Just plain awful.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gerald Scholl at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Run fast. He doesn’t care about you as an infertile woman. You’re just another number
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gerald Scholl at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Describe the protocols Gerald Scholl used in your cycles at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
Cycle 1- clomid gonal f 300 and menopur 4 vials — concerted to iui Cycle 2 - same meds, but with Estrogen priming. 3 follicles. One blast pgs abnormal Cycle 3 — same meds and doses, estrogen priming protocol, 4 follicles, one fertilized. 3 day FET — BFN
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Kathy)
Kathy was amazing. The other nurses I didn’t really know.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gerald Scholl at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
About $25,000 The cycle itself is $17500 and plus the cost of meds
Describe Gerald Scholl's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
I didn’t have any options since I didn’t have many embryos
Gerald Scholl
Manhasset

Dr. Singer is very personable and warm. Always smiling and very patient. His nurse practioner Molly was also great - they treated me more like a human and not just another patient.... Dr. singer was great the couple of times I met him. He performed one of my IUIs and it was the quickest and easiest one. I do wish he would have seen me more instead of the nurse practioner but I understand he is on a super busy schedule....
Dr. Singer [at North Shore Long Island Jewish] is very personable and warm. Always smiling and very patient. His nurse practioner Molly was also great - they treated me more like a human and not just another patient.... Dr. singer was great the couple of times I met him. He performed one of my IUIs and it was the quickest and easiest one. I do wish he would have seen me more instead of the nurse practioner but I understand he is on a super busy schedule..
Get an appt first thing in the morning or risk long wait times.
A couple of rounds of clomid but after that didn't work, we did 4 rounds of IUIs
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Molly)
Molly was really friendly and patient. I really liked her. She explained things very well.
Long wait times were annoying, but staff were otherwise very friendly.
My insurance doesn't cover fertility treatments so I had to pay out of pocket what is charged.
Lenox Hill
He genuinely cares about each patient, however, he reminded us of Sheldon Cooper on big bang theory - genius with limited social interaction skills. That being said, we would definitely go back to him in the future and recommend him to anyone looking.
Strength -At major hospital Weakness - Difficult to get to, had to drive...Whenever we were unsure of how to proceed, the nurses were kind and patient and made sure calls were returned in a timely manner. They more than made up the lack of bedside manner of Dr. Cohen...He was very down to earth and explained things to us at every turn. He is definitely a little quirky, but was patient with us and treated us like mature adults, never talking over our heads. Would definitely recommend him and his staff to anyone looking
His social interaction skills are limited, but he more than makes up for it with his genius. In the end, as long as you get your baby, do you really care that you were treated by Dr. Spock?
Strength -At major hospital Weakness - Difficult to get to, had to drive
2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Tomer Singer] is great and very detailed, but sometimes I did feel his practice was getting so big and there were too many patients for him. But when I had complications he was amazing and called to check in on the weekends and at night.... The front desk staff is great and the techs are amazing! The really treat you as a individual. Morning Apts always are on time and quick but the afternoon Apts always ran late
He [Dr. Tomer Singer] is great and very detailed, but sometimes I did feel his practice was getting so big and there were too many patients for him. But when I had complications he was amazing and called to check in on the weekends and at night.... The front desk staff [at North Shore Long Island Jewish] is great and the techs are amazing! The really treat you as a individual. Morning Apts always are on time and quick but the afternoon Apts always ran late
He is great and very detailed, but sometimes I did feel his practice was getting so big and there were too many patients for him. But when I had complications he was amazing and called to check in on the weekends and at night.
Ask a lot of questions
it is a great experience because it is such a small office and you really get to know the staff
Clomid for the iui to make me ovulate since I have pcos and then low dose of the injections for the retrieval because I was at high risk of ohss
The RNs were friendly and always available to speak. They were helpful with the injections teaching as well
Very efficient
My insurance covered 80%of each round but the drugs were expensive one round of IVF was around $6000 out of pocket
Describe Tomer Singer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
He would rather transfer one at a time but was not opposed to two

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Dr Hershlag was very cold in his consultation appointments. He didn't seem very compassionate or understanding to me. This was the first fertility doctor I had ever gone to and I expected him to be more positive and sensitive in his approach. I also wasn't given detailed information as to the process of this whole thing. He passed me off to the nurses to give me instructions and even then I was left googling info on my own because this was so new to me and I didn't understand everything involved. I just felt like he never had time for me
Scheduling appointments [at North shore Long Island Jewish] were terrible. They were never accommodating to your schedule and it didn't matter what appointment time you got you were always waiting a long time before going in. Twice their credit card machine was down and payments wouldn't go through so instead of billing you, they wanted you to call their financial department to arrange payments. It really seemed like every department worked separately
Dr Herslag was very cold in his consultation appointments. He didn't seem very compassionate or understanding to me. This was the first fertility doctor I had ever gone to and I expected him to be more positive and sensitive in his approach. I also wasn't given detailed information as to the process of this whole thing. He passed me off to the nurses to give me instructions and even then I was left googling info on my own because this was so new to me and I didn't understand everything involved. I just felt like he never had time for me
He never runs on time and you can expect to wait up to an hour or more in the waiting room
It was extremely hard to get an appointment that worked with my work schedule. The office was very business like. No one knew your name at the front desk and I would wait anywhere from 1 to 2 hours in the waiting room for my appointment because the doctor was always running late. Dr Herslag did not give me all the information. He would pass me off onto a nurse to give me info. I felt like he was indifferent and cold
We never got that far for real treatments. I saw him about 4 times maybe 5. I did genetic testing blood work with them and the lab list my records after weeks of me calling to find out the results. They even had to take more blood to finish some of the genetic testings. And the lab they sent the blood work to billed my via email and I didn't know it wasn't covered as part of the office visit copay. He also sent me to the hospital to do that test to make sure the Fallopian tubes were clear. And I went to an outside lab for a 3 hour glucose blood work test. After all these testings he wanted to start immediately with IVF but I wanted to try IUI first. He said fine but he won't do more than 2 or 3 IUI treatments. I just didn't feel comfortable at all with him.
It was odd. The nursing staff always seemed busy and running around. They would give me printed paperwork with information rather than sit down and talk to me
Scheduling appointments were terrible. They were never accommodating to your schedule and it didn't matter what appointment time you got you were always waiting a long time before going in. Twice their credit card machine was down and payments wouldn't go through so instead of billing you, they wanted you to call their financial department to arrange payments. It really seemed like every department worked separately
I pretty much had the insurance copay only. I never did an IUI or IVF treatment with dr Herslag's office but it would have been out of pocket expense for me because insurance wasn't covering it
The big thing for me was the genetic lab work. They lost my results and it took them over a month to figure out that the lab requested more blood to finish running tests so I had to go back and give blood. Then this lab billed me through personal email which I don't check often. They never sent a bill in the mail or called. Only sent an email. I didn't even know this lab work wasn't covered under the copay at the doctors office. The doctors office itself was really bad with giving information especially if you were new to all of this. I left confused and unsure of what was happening or what I was supposed to do next. It seemed rushed always when I was with the doctor and nurses.

2014 - 2016, Unknown Success
Dr. San Roman never makes you feel like just a statistic, he is always patient, kind and listens to your concerns. He tells you exactly what the course of treatment will be and what the chances are of success...
CLEANLINESS. This [North Shore Long Island Jewish - Smithtown] office is clean ALL THE TIME. The staff is compassionate and friendly and the appointment times are always in line with what fits your schedule...
CLEANLINESS. This office is clean ALL THE TIME. The staff is compassionate and friendly and the appointment times are always in line with what fits your schedule.
Gabe San Roman

2014 - 2015, Unsuccessful
Dr Singer was very kind and compassionate. He seemed very overworked and we would wait a long time in the waiting room to see him. But once it was our turn he spent a lot of time with us ...Rather than adjusting my protocol, he blamed the ivf not working on the fact my embryos are abnormal. He pushed for PGS but we never got enough embryos on day 5 for it to make sense finacially. It was very frustrating to go through 3 ivf cycles at 31-32 years old and be told over and over all my embryos are abnormal.
Dr Singers office [North Shore] in NYC is small and crowded. It’s annoying to drive to Long Island for weekend monitoring and all ivf proceedures....The nurses were fine. No complaints. They were nice, seemed frazzled most of the time and overwhemed..... The clinic itself was fine...Seemed understaffed and Dr Singer was running around from patient to patient to the point where he was literally sweating. He needed more help and probably a new set of eggs on my case.
Dr Singer is a wonderful person who seems to really care about his patients. However, he thought Id be an easy case and I was far from. Rather than adjusting my protocol, he blamed the ivf not working on the fact my embryos are abnormal. He pushed for PGS but we never got enough embryos on day 5 for it to make sense finacially. It was very frustrating to go through 3 ivf cycles at 31-32 years old and be told over and over all my embryos are abnormal. When I did switch clinics, I did do PGS for the first time and 7/10 of my embryos were normal. I do not think Dr Singer was willing to look for another answer so leaving his clinic was the right choice for us.
I think this goes for any clinic and any doctor, but my advice is know when to move on. Doctor Singer was the first doctor I saw and was convinced if he did not get me pregnant, then no one could. After 3 fresh ivf cylces and 4 transfers I finally went somewhere else and did end up having a child after two ivf cycles there.
Dr Singer was very kind and compassionate. He seemed very overworked and we would wait a long time in the waiting room to see him. But once it was our turn he spent a lot of time with us and was very kind and compassionate. When I had a miscarriage he seemed upset and gave me a hug.
I was on very high doses of meds for my age. 300 gonal f, 300 menapur. I have no idea why that was my dose or rational behind it. I got 10 eggs, 13 eggs and 15 eggs during my 3 cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Gina and Amy)
I have to think their lab is not as good as the top in the city. I believe their lab director left during my time there. Dr Singers office in NYC is small and crowded. It’s annoying to drive to Long Island for weekend monitoring and all ivf proceedures.
I did the Attain IVF money back program. That was a flat cost for 3 cycles. Money back if no success.
I transferred two embryos every time because my embryos were always poor quality. We never discusses a single transfer due to my situation.
I was mostly frustrated by the results of my ivf proceedures and I think Dr Singer was too. The clinic itself was fine. Certainly not the well oiled machine the way Cornell is. Seemed understaffed and Dr Singer was running around from patient to patient to the point where he was literally sweating. He needed more help and probably a new set of eggs on my case.
2015, Successful
He [Dr Cohen] was great at patience -- he always sat down, he never made me feel like he was in a rush, he always remembered me, he always answered all of my questions even if they sounded insane, he was always very compassionate when I would freak out, he was always ready to move on when I moved on and never pressured me into anything.
Strengths: it was comfortable, clean, efficient. There were two specific ladies in the reception area who were absolute angels. Weaknesses: sometimes we waited a very long time...No one told me that I wasn't allowed to take advil during treatments until after I took a lot for backache. No one told my husband when he was supposed to start his antibiotics for the IVF cycle, so he never took them. When I called the nurse to ask how my embryos were developing , they read me the results from the day before instead of from that day so I was panicking about the lack of development. They didn't tell us until very last minute (a week before our scheduled IUI) that my husband would need to get re-tested for genetic diseases and then the doctor (not Dr. Cohen) criticized me and my husband because my husband didn't accompany me to the first appointment where he claims he would have remembered to tell him.
He was great at patience -- he always sat down, he never made me feel like he was in a rush, he always remembered me, he always answered all of my questions even if they sounded insane, he was always very compassionate when I would freak out, he was always ready to move on when I moved on and never pressured me into anything.
Even if he seems a little cold at first, it's not a real coldness, it's just a personality. He's very kind and warm.
He was the kindest doctor. He had a ton of patience, always waiting until I asked all of my questions. He always told me all of the facts and didn't keep me guessing or waiting.
By the time I switched to Dr. Cohen, I had already been on 2 failed cycles of chlomid. I switched over to him to try an IUI - he upped my dosage of chlomid because I was only producing 1 egg a month with it, and we scheduled 2 timed IUIs with injections. I did that twice. I didn't want to do a third because my 2nd IUI was too hard for me and he didn't pressure me to try again even though he said 4 IUIs are standard. We moved onto IVF and it was successful.
Some of them were great - really helpful and compassionate and clear. Other nurses were a little rougher or impatient. A few nurses forgot to tell us some medications that we were supposed to use or not allowed to use. One nurse also read me the wrong report about my embryo development so I experienced a traumatic few days where I thought none of my embryos were developing normally. But there were a few really nice ones.
I went in early in the morning before work so I didn't usually have very long lines. Sometimes I walked right in for blood work and stepped directly into the room for a sonogram. Other times there was a little bit of a longer wait but it was never terrible.
IUI I believe was a bit less than $500, IVF medication I think was around $12k, IVF processes was around $14k but we got $4k back.
2012 - 2015, Successful
When first meeting with Dr. Mullin I felt totally comfortable. She diagnosed my PCOS right away and explained everything to me... After talking with other people who have a similar diagnosis as me, I wish that I had pushed to try Metformin or even injectables for an IUI before spending so much on IVF...Dr. Mullin is part of a big network of doctors at NSLIJ but she also has her own office in Garden City. When you are at Dr. Mullin's office you feel like a person but at the hospital I felt like a number.
Dr. Mullin is part of a big network of doctors at NSLIJ but she also has her own office in Garden City. When you are at Dr. Mullin's office you feel like a person but at the hospital I felt like a number....Monitoring appointments were done very early in the morning. You signed in and went to the back to have blood drawn, then waited to be called to see a doctor. Wait could be anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour depending on which doctor was on call that day.
When first meeting with Dr. Mullin I felt totally comfortable. She diagnosed my PCOS right away and explained everything to me. We did one cycle of Clomid which I didn't respond to and then one cycle of Letrazole which I didn't respond to. She then suggested IVF since we had no coverage for infertility she said she didn't want to waste our money with oral medications since she felt we would do best with IVF. I trusted her and moved along, which did get me pregnant. After talking with other people who have a similar diagnosis as me, I wish that I had pushed to try Metformin or even injectables for an IUI before spending so much on IVF.
Ask a lot of questions and follow your gut.
For my IVF cycle I was on Follistim and Lupron. I don't remember the specifics though.
The nursing staff was very nice. Again, in Dr. Mullin's office they were friendlier because there were less of them. At the hospital, you see a different nurse at every appointment.
The practice is very by the book which happened to work for me but they don't flex a lot as far I was concerned. If something didn't work once, they didn't try again. They are also a little rude if you decide to see an OBGYN or neonatologist outside of their network.
We did not have infertility coverage so everything was paid for out of pocket. We opted to enroll in the Attain program through NSLIJ which was about $15,000 and covered 2 fresh cycles and 2 frozen cycles until you had your 'take home baby.'
2013, Successful
He [Dr. Hershlag] will exhaust every possible option to get you pregnant!....Caring, compassionate, thoughtful, knowledgeable...I have twins to prove it (let me note that Dr. H was adamant about transferring one embryo.) My husband and I had been through the ringer at that point and this IVF cycle was our last. Mentally and physically my body could not handle it. BUT I pushed and Dr H obliged begrudgingly and said we would most certainly have twins and as long as I knew all the risks he would not transfer more than two embryos so don't even think about it....
The whole establishment [at North Shore Long Island Jewish Fertility] knew what they were doing. I have twins to prove it (let me note that Dr. H was adamant about transferring one embryo.) My husband and I had been through the ringer at that point and this IVF cycle was our last. Mentally and physically my body could not handle it. BUT I pushed and Dr H obliged begrudgingly and said we would most certainly have twins and as long as I knew all the risks he would not transfer more than two embryos so don't even think about it....
Caring, compassionate, thoughtful, knowledgable. The whole establishment knew what they were doing. I have twins to prove it (let me note that Dr. H was adamant about transferring one embryo.) My husband and I had been through the ringer at that point and this IVF cycle was our last. Mentally and physically my body could not handle it. BUT I pushed and Dr H obliged begrudgingly and said we would most certainly have twins and as long as I knew all the risks he would not transfer more than two embryos so don't even think about it.... Three weeks later an ultra sound confirmed two sacks were there. Every single person I meet that is in this situation gets referred to him. Honestly, he is just the best at what he does.
He will exhaust every possible option to get you pregnant!
Like I was the only patient he had.
2013, Successful
Dr Hershlag is very knowledgeable and explained every step throughout the process...He ended every session with a hug which I appreciated
He was very thorough and explained everything throughout the process.
Be prepared to wait a long time in the waiting room. He's great so it's worth it.
Dr Hershlag is very knowledgable and explained every step throughout the process. He also thoroughly answered any questions that we had. He ended every session with a hug which I appreciated. However, the wait times in his office are unbearable! It is typical to have to wait over an hour for an appointment even if you are the first appointment of the day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Carol)
She was so sweet and funny. I know some other patients at the clinic and everyone raves about how great she is.

2010 - 2011, Successful
She is a good doctor [Dr. Rausch] - sensitive to my concerns, answered my questions. I feel that she was frank in giving me the likelihood that various procedures would work. The issue was that I didn't see her very often. It was much more often other doctors in the practice...We tried Clomid for IUI's, but we cancelled the cycles because I responded to Clomid too much for me to feel comfortable (I didn't want multiples). We reduced the Clomid dose and I still responded too much. So we opted to then move to single embryo transfer IVF. I was lucky to get pregnant on my first cycle.
I won't say that it was 100% bad, obviously, but I had so, so many negative experiences there [North Shore Long Island Jewish]. Overall, there's a widespread customer service issue at that clinic. Some of it is rudeness. Some of it is unprofessionalism...it was like pulling teeth to get my records. One time, someone in the office went on vacation, and my records request just sat there on their desk. No one dealt with it. Another time, the records were in a storage facility, and - oops! - the courier forgot to get my records.
How was your experience with Mary Rausch at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
She is a good doctor - sensitive to my concerns, answered my questions. I feel that she was frank in giving me the likelihood that various procedures would work. The issue was that I didn't see her very often. It was much more often other doctors in the practice.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mary Rausch at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
You need to be open to seeing the other doctors most of the time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mary Rausch at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
She was open to my concerns, and addressed them. We had an informative IVF consultation with her where she answered our questions.
Describe the protocols Mary Rausch used in your cycles at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
I had had 2 IUI's (after 2 previous IUI's elsewhere), all unmedicated. We tried Clomid for IUI's, but we cancelled the cycles because I responded to Clomid too much for me to feel comfortable (I didn't want multiples). We reduced the Clomid dose and I still responded too much. So we opted to then move to single embryo transfer IVF. I was lucky to get pregnant on my first cycle.
They taught me how to use the medications, which was fine. Carol (I think her name was) gave me a calendar of the treatment plan, but she explained it to me one week off from what it actually ended up being. I think she was confused. But it was an unfortunate mistake because I ended up scheduling work stuff on what ended up being the wrong week, and later had to cancel my work stuff. (Pretty inconvenient.) Many of the nurses were nice, but some were not nice. For example, I was once at a satellite clinic in Forest Hills and needed to give a urine sample. They asked me to bring it into the waiting area and wait in line. That seemed embarrassing to me - to hold my cup of pee in front of everyone - so I tried to give it to them via a side door. They refused. They made me hold my cup of pee in the waiting area, waiting in line. I was also livid with the nurse Carol when I tried to request my records and transport my embryos (this was years later, when I lived elsewhere). She kept messing up. Like she would e-mail me to the wrong e-mail address. I would call her and she wouldn't call me back, assuming that things worked themselves out. Really unprofessional. Not detail-oriented at all. Meanwhile, I was really stressed out that my embryos wouldn't end up getting transported properly, in time for my cycle. Such a frustrating experience.
I won't say that it was 100% bad, obviously, but I had so, so many negative experiences there. Overall, there's a widespread customer service issue at that clinic. Some of it is rudeness. Some of it is unprofessionalism. I had a doctor say something really insensitive to me there, and I felt really lousy when that happened. (The story: I wasn't responding well to the IVF medication, so they kept upping my dose, and I was getting nervous if the cycle would be a bust. So the doctor walks into the room and says to me "boy, aren't you on a lot of medication?!" Why would he say that to me?? Duh, I was on a lot of medication. But it's just not something you say to someone who is stressed out and hormonal and worried they will never be able to have children.) I also had a hell of a time when I needed to transfer my records. I needed to transfer them twice because I kept moving to new states (and thus new clinics). Every time, it was like pulling teeth to get my records. One time, someone in the office went on vacation, and my records request just sat there on their desk. No one dealt with it. Another time, the records were in a storage facility, and - oops! - the courier forgot to get my records. But, seriously, it was like that over and over and over. Transfering records and transporting embryos was a huge project, like a part-time job, to deal with this clinic. It got so messed up that I wasn't sure if the transport was going to happen. I just can't emphasize enough how bad their office is run. I have called and yelled at the office manager at least a couple of times. It's just such a shame. They gave me an amazing gift, which was having my children. But I just have such negative memories of that clinic. It's like, it's bad enough to go through infertility, but then to also deal with rude/unprofessional people. I wish I could say they have changed since I was a patient there 6 years ago, but I know from dealing with them more recently (for transferring records and transporting embryos), that they still have major issues over there.
Describe Mary Rausch's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Doctors were respectful of my decision. I also asked for remaining embryos to be frozen singly. They said that it was good that I requested that, because presumably they are used to freezing in pairs.
I described above how their clinic is poorly run. So super frustrating.
Mary Rausch

2010, Successful
...warm, knowledgeable, and interested in my questions and concerns...My husband was reluctant to do a varicocele procedure, and Dr. Hershlag was very supportive of this and did not push. ... I found him to be excellent; extremely compassionate and caring, and like someone who truly loves what he does. When I had trouble finding a doctor in NYC to do certain testing on my husband due to his varicocele, he was extremely helpful and recommended some others
I called the office [Northwell Health (formerly North Shore Long Island Jewish)] several times with crazy nervous questions and they were always extremely kind and helpful... Although to a certain extent I felt like a number in his office because there were so many people coming in and out of the office, I got the sense that this is how it is in all clinics. ...
Again, I had some personal connection to Dr. Hershag since he was a friend of a friend, but I found him to be excellent; extremely compassionate and caring, and like someone who truly loves what he does. When I had trouble finding a doctor in NYC to do certain testing on my husband due to his varicocele, he was extremely helpful and recommended some others. I did have one appointment with one other doctor when Dr. Hershlag was on vacation, and he was also very nice. My husband was reluctant to do a varicocele procedure, and Dr. Hershlag was very supportive of this and did not push. We did one round of clomid which did not result in ovulation, and so they adjusted the clomid and on the second round I did ovulate and we did an IUI which was successful. Dr. Hershlag monitored me for the next 6 weeks or so, and during that time I called the office several times with crazy nervous questions and they were always extremely kind and helpful. Another plus for me was that I did not feel he pushed unnecessary procedures on me just to make money, which I have found with other doctors.
Nothing- I really had a wonderful experience.
I did know Dr. Hershlag through friends of my parents, so I'm not sure whether my experience was representative, but I always found him to be warm, knowledgeable, and interested in my questions and concerns. Although to a certain extent I felt like a number in his office because there were so many people coming in and out of the office, I got the sense that this is how it is in all clinics.
First he did testing on both partners. As my issue was lack of ovulation, we decided to tackle that first and we started on clomid. After first round did not work, he increased dosage and I did ovulate the second round. I came in every day around that time to see whether I had ovulated, and I got two shots (profesterone?) to make me ovulate. I also did IUI on three successive days. When I came in two weeks later, I had a positive pregnancy test. I then needed to come back once a week until a heartbeat was detected (around six weeks).
I honestly can't remember. I remember them being very nice.
I paid a copay each time but otherwise was completely covered by insurance.