6.8

285 Middle Country Road
Smithtown, NY 11787
(631) 650 2229

2015, Successful
He [Dr Cohen] was great at patience -- he always sat down, he never made me feel like he was in a rush, he always remembered me, he always answered all of my questions even if they sounded insane, he was always very compassionate when I would freak out, he was always ready to move on when I moved on and never pressured me into anything.
Strengths: it was comfortable, clean, efficient. There were two specific ladies in the reception area who were absolute angels. Weaknesses: sometimes we waited a very long time...No one told me that I wasn't allowed to take advil during treatments until after I took a lot for backache. No one told my husband when he was supposed to start his antibiotics for the IVF cycle, so he never took them. When I called the nurse to ask how my embryos were developing , they read me the results from the day before instead of from that day so I was panicking about the lack of development. They didn't tell us until very last minute (a week before our scheduled IUI) that my husband would need to get re-tested for genetic diseases and then the doctor (not Dr. Cohen) criticized me and my husband because my husband didn't accompany me to the first appointment where he claims he would have remembered to tell him.
How was your experience with Matthew Cohen at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
He was great at patience -- he always sat down, he never made me feel like he was in a rush, he always remembered me, he always answered all of my questions even if they sounded insane, he was always very compassionate when I would freak out, he was always ready to move on when I moved on and never pressured me into anything.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Cohen at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Even if he seems a little cold at first, it's not a real coldness, it's just a personality. He's very kind and warm.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Cohen at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
He was the kindest doctor. He had a ton of patience, always waiting until I asked all of my questions. He always told me all of the facts and didn't keep me guessing or waiting.
Describe the protocols Matthew Cohen used in your cycles at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
By the time I switched to Dr. Cohen, I had already been on 2 failed cycles of chlomid. I switched over to him to try an IUI - he upped my dosage of chlomid because I was only producing 1 egg a month with it, and we scheduled 2 timed IUIs with injections. I did that twice. I didn't want to do a third because my 2nd IUI was too hard for me and he didn't pressure me to try again even though he said 4 IUIs are standard. We moved onto IVF and it was successful.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Some of them were great - really helpful and compassionate and clear. Other nurses were a little rougher or impatient. A few nurses forgot to tell us some medications that we were supposed to use or not allowed to use. One nurse also read me the wrong report about my embryo development so I experienced a traumatic few days where I thought none of my embryos were developing normally. But there were a few really nice ones.
Describe your experience with Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
I went in early in the morning before work so I didn't usually have very long lines. Sometimes I walked right in for blood work and stepped directly into the room for a sonogram. Other times there was a little bit of a longer wait but it was never terrible.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Cohen at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
IUI I believe was a bit less than $500, IVF medication I think was around $12k, IVF processes was around $14k but we got $4k back.
What specific things went wrong at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).

2010 - 2011, Successful
She is a good doctor [Dr. Rausch] - sensitive to my concerns, answered my questions. I feel that she was frank in giving me the likelihood that various procedures would work. The issue was that I didn't see her very often. It was much more often other doctors in the practice...We tried Clomid for IUI's, but we cancelled the cycles because I responded to Clomid too much for me to feel comfortable (I didn't want multiples). We reduced the Clomid dose and I still responded too much. So we opted to then move to single embryo transfer IVF. I was lucky to get pregnant on my first cycle.
I won't say that it was 100% bad, obviously, but I had so, so many negative experiences there [North Shore Long Island Jewish]. Overall, there's a widespread customer service issue at that clinic. Some of it is rudeness. Some of it is unprofessionalism...it was like pulling teeth to get my records. One time, someone in the office went on vacation, and my records request just sat there on their desk. No one dealt with it. Another time, the records were in a storage facility, and - oops! - the courier forgot to get my records.
How was your experience with Mary Rausch at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
She is a good doctor - sensitive to my concerns, answered my questions. I feel that she was frank in giving me the likelihood that various procedures would work. The issue was that I didn't see her very often. It was much more often other doctors in the practice.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mary Rausch at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
You need to be open to seeing the other doctors most of the time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mary Rausch at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
She was open to my concerns, and addressed them. We had an informative IVF consultation with her where she answered our questions.
Describe the protocols Mary Rausch used in your cycles at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
I had had 2 IUI's (after 2 previous IUI's elsewhere), all unmedicated. We tried Clomid for IUI's, but we cancelled the cycles because I responded to Clomid too much for me to feel comfortable (I didn't want multiples). We reduced the Clomid dose and I still responded too much. So we opted to then move to single embryo transfer IVF. I was lucky to get pregnant on my first cycle.
They taught me how to use the medications, which was fine. Carol (I think her name was) gave me a calendar of the treatment plan, but she explained it to me one week off from what it actually ended up being. I think she was confused. But it was an unfortunate mistake because I ended up scheduling work stuff on what ended up being the wrong week, and later had to cancel my work stuff. (Pretty inconvenient.) Many of the nurses were nice, but some were not nice. For example, I was once at a satellite clinic in Forest Hills and needed to give a urine sample. They asked me to bring it into the waiting area and wait in line. That seemed embarrassing to me - to hold my cup of pee in front of everyone - so I tried to give it to them via a side door. They refused. They made me hold my cup of pee in the waiting area, waiting in line. I was also livid with the nurse Carol when I tried to request my records and transport my embryos (this was years later, when I lived elsewhere). She kept messing up. Like she would e-mail me to the wrong e-mail address. I would call her and she wouldn't call me back, assuming that things worked themselves out. Really unprofessional. Not detail-oriented at all. Meanwhile, I was really stressed out that my embryos wouldn't end up getting transported properly, in time for my cycle. Such a frustrating experience.
I won't say that it was 100% bad, obviously, but I had so, so many negative experiences there. Overall, there's a widespread customer service issue at that clinic. Some of it is rudeness. Some of it is unprofessionalism. I had a doctor say something really insensitive to me there, and I felt really lousy when that happened. (The story: I wasn't responding well to the IVF medication, so they kept upping my dose, and I was getting nervous if the cycle would be a bust. So the doctor walks into the room and says to me "boy, aren't you on a lot of medication?!" Why would he say that to me?? Duh, I was on a lot of medication. But it's just not something you say to someone who is stressed out and hormonal and worried they will never be able to have children.) I also had a hell of a time when I needed to transfer my records. I needed to transfer them twice because I kept moving to new states (and thus new clinics). Every time, it was like pulling teeth to get my records. One time, someone in the office went on vacation, and my records request just sat there on their desk. No one dealt with it. Another time, the records were in a storage facility, and - oops! - the courier forgot to get my records. But, seriously, it was like that over and over and over. Transfering records and transporting embryos was a huge project, like a part-time job, to deal with this clinic. It got so messed up that I wasn't sure if the transport was going to happen. I just can't emphasize enough how bad their office is run. I have called and yelled at the office manager at least a couple of times. It's just such a shame. They gave me an amazing gift, which was having my children. But I just have such negative memories of that clinic. It's like, it's bad enough to go through infertility, but then to also deal with rude/unprofessional people. I wish I could say they have changed since I was a patient there 6 years ago, but I know from dealing with them more recently (for transferring records and transporting embryos), that they still have major issues over there.
Describe Mary Rausch's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Doctors were respectful of my decision. I also asked for remaining embryos to be frozen singly. They said that it was good that I requested that, because presumably they are used to freezing in pairs.
I described above how their clinic is poorly run. So super frustrating.

2010, Successful
...warm, knowledgeable, and interested in my questions and concerns...My husband was reluctant to do a varicocele procedure, and Dr. Hershlag was very supportive of this and did not push. ... I found him to be excellent; extremely compassionate and caring, and like someone who truly loves what he does. When I had trouble finding a doctor in NYC to do certain testing on my husband due to his varicocele, he was extremely helpful and recommended some others
I called the office [Northwell Health (formerly North Shore Long Island Jewish)] several times with crazy nervous questions and they were always extremely kind and helpful... Although to a certain extent I felt like a number in his office because there were so many people coming in and out of the office, I got the sense that this is how it is in all clinics. ...
How was your experience with Avner Hershlag at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Again, I had some personal connection to Dr. Hershag since he was a friend of a friend, but I found him to be excellent; extremely compassionate and caring, and like someone who truly loves what he does. When I had trouble finding a doctor in NYC to do certain testing on my husband due to his varicocele, he was extremely helpful and recommended some others. I did have one appointment with one other doctor when Dr. Hershlag was on vacation, and he was also very nice. My husband was reluctant to do a varicocele procedure, and Dr. Hershlag was very supportive of this and did not push. We did one round of clomid which did not result in ovulation, and so they adjusted the clomid and on the second round I did ovulate and we did an IUI which was successful. Dr. Hershlag monitored me for the next 6 weeks or so, and during that time I called the office several times with crazy nervous questions and they were always extremely kind and helpful. Another plus for me was that I did not feel he pushed unnecessary procedures on me just to make money, which I have found with other doctors.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Avner Hershlag at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Nothing- I really had a wonderful experience.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Avner Hershlag at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
I did know Dr. Hershlag through friends of my parents, so I'm not sure whether my experience was representative, but I always found him to be warm, knowledgeable, and interested in my questions and concerns. Although to a certain extent I felt like a number in his office because there were so many people coming in and out of the office, I got the sense that this is how it is in all clinics.
Describe the protocols Avner Hershlag used in your cycles at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
First he did testing on both partners. As my issue was lack of ovulation, we decided to tackle that first and we started on clomid. After first round did not work, he increased dosage and I did ovulate the second round. I came in every day around that time to see whether I had ovulated, and I got two shots (profesterone?) to make me ovulate. I also did IUI on three successive days. When I came in two weeks later, I had a positive pregnancy test. I then needed to come back once a week until a heartbeat was detected (around six weeks).
I honestly can't remember. I remember them being very nice.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Avner Hershlag at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
I paid a copay each time but otherwise was completely covered by insurance.
Manhasset

This doctor [Dr. Hershlag] was honest but blunt. He tended to walk away after delivering heart breaking news.... He is extremely knowledgeable and consise. I think he could improve in the areas of empathy and support post disappointing news. I think he is a great doctor, I personally needed someone with more hand holding skills. It’s a trying time and you need to feel fully supported.... I had experienced 2 miscarriages and over a year of trying prior to seeking treatment for a fertility clinic. We began with Mutilple tests for my husband and I, followed by IUI’s. We suffered two more miscarriages and are now beginning IVF.
The staff [Northwell Health] is professional and always friendly. It’s the little things that help you through this journey, from the receptionist just remembering your first name when checking in m, to a nurse taking the time to console you.... The nursing staff is amazing. They always took the time to sit with me and further explain any information we didn’t understand after meeting with the doctors. They’re at times hard to initially contact via phone, but promptly return phone calls the same day.... One time my progesterone prescription was not promptly called in. However this was additionally an insurance issue.
Ask lots of questions.
The clinic is great and I’m continuing my tx there. However I do believe working in this field for many years, staff becomes desensitized to the emotional toll infertility and loss has on humans and couples. This doctor was honest but blunt. He tended to walk away after delivering heart breaking news.
The staff is professional and always friendly. It’s the little things that help you through this journey, from the receptionist just remembering your first name when checking in m, to a nurse taking the time to console you.
Embryo Freezing
I think he [Dr. Hershlag] explains it all and is a caring and understanding professional...egg retrieval is the process i am undergoing. I was given the standard medication injectables...He as very informative, kind and compassionate. He took his time to explain the process, procedure, historical outcomes, etc. I was very pleased with his assessment and my 'gut' felt it was right...feel as though (still on going) that I am in good hands and with a seasoned professional in the field.
she [nurse at Northwell Health] was available; returned calls, answered all my silly and repetitive questions. She walked me through the medication protocal and was on top of everything...I had uterine fibroids removed a few years ago and now i am undergoing egg freezing. I am a returning patient as i feel that i had been well taken care of at this hospital and feel that the doctors i have encountered there are experts in their field.
I felt at ease at his office and with his staff of nurses. I feel as though (still on going) that I am in good hands and with a seasoned professional in the field. I am an intuitive person and go strongly by my gut feelings as there are many things in life, the prospects of motherhood as one, that i can not control, but put my faith in those who dedicate their lives to this work, Dr. Hershlag being one of them
I think he explains it all and is a caring and understanding professional. There is little advice i can give someone as I am in this myself.
egg retrieval is the process i am undergoing. I was given the standard medication injectables. That is all really.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: nurse jackie)
she was available; returned calls, answered all my silly and repetitive questions. She walked me through the medication protocal and was on top of everything.
I have a extensive medical history at NSLIJ Northwell health. I had uterine fibroids removed a few years ago and now i am undergoing egg freezing. I am a returning patient as i feel that i had been well taken care of at this hospital and feel that the doctors i have encountered there are experts in their field.
out of pocket for 9K. Meds were covered by insurance.
Describe Avner Hershlag's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
nope applicable.
Manhasset

Dr. Hershlag was candid about how he felt about my weight. We feel that he diminished the possible male factor infertility possibility. Multiple blood tests were done when i first became a patient, but during treatment, no further tests to find the cause of infertility were performed.... We have done 6 IUIs. First was 100mg clomid and trigger (chemical) next two were 150mg clomid and ovidrel. I expressed a *maybe* concern with my luteal phase and he added crinone for the next 3. One more round of clomid/ovidrel/crinone. Switched to femara 2x a day with trigger and crinone for 2 rounds which resulted in chemicals. I am not sure why the amounts or medicines were decided on, he mentioned PCOS a few times and if i said "oh is that what youve diagnosed me with" he always said no.
Dr. Hershlag [at North Shore Long Island] was candid about how he felt about my weight. We feel that he diminished the possible male factor infertility possibility. Multiple blood tests were done when i first became a patient, but during treatment, no further tests to find the cause of infertility were performed.... We have done 6 IUIs. First was 100mg clomid and trigger (chemical) next two were 150mg clomid and ovidrel. I expressed a *maybe* concern with my luteal phase and he added crinone for the next 3. One more round of clomid/ovidrel/crinone. Switched to femara 2x a day with trigger and crinone for 2 rounds which resulted in chemicals. I am not sure why the amounts or medicines were decided on, he mentioned PCOS a few times and if i said "oh is that what youve diagnosed me with" he always said no.
Dr. Hershlag was candid about how he felt about my weight. We feel that he dinished the possible male factor infertility possibility. Multiple blood tests were done when i first became a patient, but during treatment, no further tests to find the cause of infertility were performed.
I guess be more proactive in advocating for yourself
At times he seemed caring and interested, while others it was just lets get this done. Our expressed concern with the lack of diagnoses seems to be ignored.
Front desk is very nice and accomodating. Billing is always willing to help. Office is clean
Iui out of pocket is 350. Most regular visits are covered under my copay. Not sure about IVF/ICSI yet, but my insurance does not cover it.
A nurse instructed me to start a medicine before a chemical pregnancy level went down to non pregnant state, medicines were called into wrong pharmacies
Manhasset

Dr. Rausch is extraordinarily compassionate. She demonstrated sensitivity towards my situation and history of miscarriage.... She is the most compassionate doctor I have come across. I genuinely feel that she has my best interests at heart. She took the time to thoroughly explain my test results and the IVF procedure. She is extremely knowledgeable and trustworthy. Above all, I felt that she truly cares about her patients.
Strength [of Northwell Health]: I was able to get an appointment right away, even as a new patient Weakness: inability to contact front desk and most times, you must leave a voicemail. It is difficult to get someone on the phone. The phone is not answered at all on weekends.... Doreen was extremely compassionate. She took the time to ease my anxiety and explain procedures in detail.
Be prepared with all of your questions. She will take the necessary time to answer all each question thoroughly and honestly.
IVF, which was converted to IUI due to only 2 follicles teaching the desired measurements. I was on 300 mL of Menopur and 300 mL of Gonal-f, in addition to 0.25 mg of Cetrotide. I was also administered Clomid for 5 days.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Doreen )
Strength: I was able to get an appointment right away, even as a new patient Weakness: inability to contact front desk and most times, you must leave a voicemail. It is difficult to get someone on the phone. The phone is not answered at all on weekends.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mary Rausch at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
$7,000 copay for IVF (Emblem Health)
Manhasset
He [Dr. Hershlag] made me feel so happy and was such a pleasure to talk to..He’s compassionate which is so rare. He’s knowledgeable and explains everything in a way that makes sense...They were amzing! Very personalized and would spend time explaining everything. I absolutely adore him and his staff....4 vials is menapur 300 of follastim Menapur Cetratide All used to generate eggs. Cetratide used to delay ovulation...
Nurse practitioner - Dorene- is amazing. Lauren - another doctors nurse that sometimes covered for Hershlag’s nurse was amazing and so understanding Jenny - Hershlag’s nurse- nice but I felt like I was bothering her sometimes...Well organized and friendly staff [North Shore Long Island Jewish]. I have not recognized any weaknesses yet. For blood work and sono you do not need an appointment. You just go in between 7-9. Waiting times weren’t bad at all. I was always in and out in 20 mins at most.
He made me feel so happy and was such a pleasure to talk to. I feel that I wasted my time at the other practice I went to after meeting him. He’s compassionate which is so rare. He’s knowledgeable and explains everything in a way that makes sense.
Don’t bother going to any other clinics.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Jenny )
Nurse practitioner - Dorene- is amazing. Lauren - another doctors nurse that sometimes covered for Hershlag’s nurse was amazing and so understanding Jenny - Hershlag’s nurse- nice but I felt like I was bothering her sometimes. Didn’t feel that way with anyone else in the practice.
Well organized and friendly staff. I have not recognized any weaknesses yet. For blood work and sono you do not need an appointment. You just go in between 7-9. Waiting times weren’t bad at all. I was always in and out in 20 mins at most.
Easy to do. Quick, no wait, orderly.
Pay upfront for all copays and services. No payment plan.
Manhasset

He [Dr. Scholl] was awful. Terrible bedside manner. Refused to listen to you. Would always ‘sigh’ when you had a question. Had no faith. Very textbook. Would never want to hear about other things I read regarding DOR. Had no interest in adjusting meds or doses. Just plain awful... same meds and doses...He never wanted to answer questions. He refused to change protocols. He did same protocol for everyone despite their diagnosis. On first meeting he already said I should go straight to donor egg.
About $25,000 The cycle itself is $17500 and plus the cost of meds [at Northwell Health]...Strength — great monitoring hours Weakness — hospital run. Awful doctors and protocols. They treat everyone the same. Literally just a number. Sometimes they didn’t even remember what meds you were on...Kathy [nurse] was amazing. The other nurses I didn’t really know... didn’t have any options since I didn’t have many embryos
How was your experience with Gerald Scholl at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
He was awful. Terrible bedside manner. Refused to listen to you. Would always ‘sigh’ when you had a question. Had no faith. Very textbook. Would never want to hear about other things I read regarding DOR. Had no interest in adjusting meds or doses. Just plain awful.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gerald Scholl at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Run fast. He doesn’t care about you as an infertile woman. You’re just another number
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gerald Scholl at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Describe the protocols Gerald Scholl used in your cycles at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
Cycle 1- clomid gonal f 300 and menopur 4 vials — concerted to iui Cycle 2 - same meds, but with Estrogen priming. 3 follicles. One blast pgs abnormal Cycle 3 — same meds and doses, estrogen priming protocol, 4 follicles, one fertilized. 3 day FET — BFN
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Kathy)
Kathy was amazing. The other nurses I didn’t really know.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gerald Scholl at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
About $25,000 The cycle itself is $17500 and plus the cost of meds
Describe Gerald Scholl's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
I didn’t have any options since I didn’t have many embryos
Gerald Scholl
Manhasset

He [Dr. Cohen] was great, appointments were usually very short and more the office than the doctor felt like an assembly line. Doctor was great....He was very good at explaining everything and what to expect, he explained to my mom medical husband everything from IVF to PGS. He was very gentle during the procedures for procedures that i have heard of people complaining they hurt i didn’t even feel them.... They [nurses] were great, always calling me back and answered all questions
They [North Shore -Manhasset] were great, always calling me back and answered all questions...Very busy and feels like it’s easy to get lost, wait times can also be long. The staff however tries to be as accommodating as possible. Only 1 phlebotomist which can mean a long wait time for blood work...He [Dr. Cohen] was great, appointments were usually very short and more the office than the doctor felt like an assembly line. Doctor was great.
Ask questions
He was great, appointments were usually very short and more the office than the doctor felt like an assembly line. Doctor was great.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Vajida)
They were great, always calling me back and answered all questions
About 18,000 not including medication or genetics
Describe Matthew Cohen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
We did PGS so only 1 transferred
2015 - 2018, Successful
Dr. Mullin is extremely smart and good at what she does. She is always thinking of different ways to make each cycle successful and goes above and beyond to try and get a positive pregnancy test. If I ever had questions I needed answered, I never had to wait more than a day for her response...If you are expecting warm and fuzzy, that is not what you will get with Dr. Mullin, but you will get the best care.
This is a very big clinic with many patients and can sometimes feel like it's a revolving door, but I didn't really expect anything different. As with any other medical care, you have to be your own advocate and do your own research and ask questions. Try to become knowledgeable regarding your treatment so you can give it the best shot possible...All of the nursing staff is excellent!...If you are expecting warm and fuzzy, that is not what you will get with Dr. Mullin, but you will get the best care.
How was your experience with Christine Mullin at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christine Mullin at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christine Mullin at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Although most appointments were very fast, she would still answer any and all of the questions I had.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Joan)
All of the nursing staff is excellent!
Manhasset
He genuinely cares about each patient, however, he reminded us of Sheldon Cooper on big bang theory - genius with limited social interaction skills. That being said, we would definitely go back to him in the future and recommend him to anyone looking.
Strength -At major hospital Weakness - Difficult to get to, had to drive...Whenever we were unsure of how to proceed, the nurses were kind and patient and made sure calls were returned in a timely manner. They more than made up the lack of bedside manner of Dr. Cohen...He was very down to earth and explained things to us at every turn. He is definitely a little quirky, but was patient with us and treated us like mature adults, never talking over our heads. Would definitely recommend him and his staff to anyone looking
His social interaction skills are limited, but he more than makes up for it with his genius. In the end, as long as you get your baby, do you really care that you were treated by Dr. Spock?
Strength -At major hospital Weakness - Difficult to get to, had to drive
2013, Successful
He [Dr. Hershlag] will exhaust every possible option to get you pregnant!....Caring, compassionate, thoughtful, knowledgeable...I have twins to prove it (let me note that Dr. H was adamant about transferring one embryo.) My husband and I had been through the ringer at that point and this IVF cycle was our last. Mentally and physically my body could not handle it. BUT I pushed and Dr H obliged begrudgingly and said we would most certainly have twins and as long as I knew all the risks he would not transfer more than two embryos so don't even think about it....
The whole establishment [at North Shore Long Island Jewish Fertility] knew what they were doing. I have twins to prove it (let me note that Dr. H was adamant about transferring one embryo.) My husband and I had been through the ringer at that point and this IVF cycle was our last. Mentally and physically my body could not handle it. BUT I pushed and Dr H obliged begrudgingly and said we would most certainly have twins and as long as I knew all the risks he would not transfer more than two embryos so don't even think about it....
Caring, compassionate, thoughtful, knowledgable. The whole establishment knew what they were doing. I have twins to prove it (let me note that Dr. H was adamant about transferring one embryo.) My husband and I had been through the ringer at that point and this IVF cycle was our last. Mentally and physically my body could not handle it. BUT I pushed and Dr H obliged begrudgingly and said we would most certainly have twins and as long as I knew all the risks he would not transfer more than two embryos so don't even think about it.... Three weeks later an ultra sound confirmed two sacks were there. Every single person I meet that is in this situation gets referred to him. Honestly, he is just the best at what he does.
He will exhaust every possible option to get you pregnant!
Like I was the only patient he had.
2013, Successful
Dr Hershlag is very knowledgeable and explained every step throughout the process...He ended every session with a hug which I appreciated
He was very thorough and explained everything throughout the process.
Be prepared to wait a long time in the waiting room. He's great so it's worth it.
Dr Hershlag is very knowledgable and explained every step throughout the process. He also thoroughly answered any questions that we had. He ended every session with a hug which I appreciated. However, the wait times in his office are unbearable! It is typical to have to wait over an hour for an appointment even if you are the first appointment of the day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Carol)
She was so sweet and funny. I know some other patients at the clinic and everyone raves about how great she is.
Manhasset

I felt as if he [Dr. Matthew Cohen] cared for my husband and I needs . He was very helpful as a male doctor . He was understandable due to insurance purpose and he gave us alternative that helped us out. Dr. Cohen made me feel like a human because he didn’t judge me for my age , or my condition...is the First Male Doctor who made me feel comfortable as a female . He kind , thoughtful and a good communicator.
The nursing staff [at Northwell Health-FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish] was friendly , they greeted me in a polite way . They all need my name and all had smiles on there face as if they want to be there...they always called me for my appointments. Friendly, the hours of operation was reasonable...Matthew Cohen is the First Male Doctor who made me feel comfortable as a female . He kind , thoughtful and a good communicator.
Matthew Cohen is the First Male Doctor who made me feel comfortable as a female . He kind , thoughtful and a good communicator. He gave me hope that one day I will have a family of my own . He said it will happen and I believe him . He a good doctor . As I stated , after my first miscarriage he told me not to feel discourage that the treatment worked and it will work again.
Have faith with Dr. Matthew, Have Faith with yourself . Dr. Cohen will make you feel comfortable, keep in mind that he is not god , but he’s here to help.
Being one of Dr. Cohen patient was a different feeling, due to the fact that he’s a male and I’m a female he made me feel comfortable. I felt as if he cared for my husband and I needs . He was very helpful as a male doctor . He was understandable due to insurance purpose and he gave us alternative that helped us out. Dr. Cohen made me feel like a human because he didn’t judge me for my age , or my condition . I felt welcome due to the fact that everyone that came to clinic was going through the same thing I was going through . When I experience my first miscarriage he told me to have hope and since I got pregnant that time, it will happen again . I would recommend Dr. Cohen to any female who wants to feel like a human .
Dr. Cohen put me on Letrozole 2.5mg starting day 3-7 . I would than come in on day 10 or 12 to check my follicles , if I’m good to start procedures he will than have me schedule and day to come in . (I’ve done iui ). So my partner would come in at 7am give him sample and start the procedure at 9-10am . After that process there’s a two week wait . After the two weeks , I would than come in for a pregnancy test . If negative and I get a period I would do process all over . However if it is positive, I would have to come back in for blood sample to see if my numbers go up than my pregnancy is successful. If my numbers go down than I’m experiencing a miscarriage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Doreen)
The nursing staff was friendly , they greeted me in a polite way . They all need my name and all had smiles on there face as if they want to be there .
The fertility clinic that I’ve went to strength was that, they always called me for my appointments. Friendly, the hours of operation was reasonable . To my knowledge, I wouldn’t say that the clinic had a weakness .
Not sure
Manhasset
Dr. Hershlag was amazing and individualized treatment to your personal diagnosis and needs!...so knowledgeable in what he does and so protective of his patients, always wanting to be the one to see them if possible and manage their care. He goes above and beyond to individualize your treatment plans to your diagnosis and needs and is so encouraging and hopeful every step of the way...
clinic [Northwell Health] was fine but doctor hershlag was the one who made it excellent. sometimes it feels like a factory since its so busy but the care dr. hershlag provided overshadowed that...He may not seem so warm from the beginning but he truly is once you get to know him and has your best interests at heart always.
He is amazing! so knowledgeable in what he does and so protective of his patients, always wanting to be the one to see them if possible and manage their care. He goes above and beyond to individualize your treatment plans to your diagnosis and needs and is so encouraging and hopeful every step of the way. I truly felt like i was in the best hands and owe him so much and am so grateful that he gave us the gift of becoming parents. He has since left northwell and we have moved out of state and my biggest regret about that is that we will not be able to see dr hershlag for future treatments. I strongly recommend him to everyone I know though because he is really the best and I can say that even more so after comparing him to other doctors I've seen after moving away. No doctor ive had experience with is as good as dr. hershlag.
clinic was fine but doctor hershlag was the one who made it excellent. sometimes it feels like a factory since its so busy but the care dr. hershlag provided overshadowed that.
was fine
i think around $300 each iui and $20,000 for ivf cycle
they only transfer one

2020, Consult
He [Dr. Cohen] explained every thing in full. He was very informative and caring. He had a great personality and oversight. He provide great details over the procedure and after effects. We have not had the surgery yet because if COVID. But plan to go through with the surgery once elective surgeries are opened up again. ... He was very nice and had a good personality while explaining the issues.
The clinics [Northwell Health] strengths, weaknesses and anything else a new patient should know is many. They should do their homework and ask as many questions if the period as possible. It is helpful to search the internet and other forums to find other couples that had gone through similar experiences. ... There were many different types of coats associated with this.
He explained every thing in full. He was very informative and caring. He had a great personality and oversight. He provide great details over the procedure and after effects. We have not had the surgery yet because if COVID. But plan to go through with the surgery once elective surgeries are opened up again.
Ask questions.
He was very nice and had a good personality while explaining the issues.
They were very helpful.
The clinics strengths, weaknesses and anything else a new patient should know is many. They should do their homework and ask as many questions if the period as possible. It is helpful to search the internet and other forums to find other couples that had gone through similar experiences.
There were many different types of coats associated with this.
Manhasset
Dr. Cohen is knowledgeable and has many years of experience. He does not give you false hope and he cares. He is patient and is always available to answer questions. He gives you a well thought out plan to achieve your intense goals. ... Dr Cohen makes you feel like a human. He is very caring and understanding ... Everyone is friendly and easy to get in touch.
Everyone [at Northwell Health] is friendly and easy to get in touch. Appointments are easy to make. Sometimes there is a long wait depending on the day. Parking is easy. There is valet parking. The clinic is clean and the waiting room is comfortable. ... The only whole staff is amazing from the Nurse Practitioner, Doreen to Dr. Cohen’s nurse, Vahida. They also showed concern and was always around for support and to answer questions.
Be patient. And write down all your questions. Don’t be afraid to raise any concerns or questions you have
Dr Cohen makes you feel like a human. He is very caring and understanding
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Vahida RN)
Everyone is friendly and easy to get in touch. Appointments are easy to make. Sometimes there is a long wait depending on the day. Parking is easy. There is valet parking. The clinic is clean and the waiting room is comfortable.

2017 - 2019, Successful
She [Dr. Mullin] entertained all of my questions, never rushed me (like actually, spend so much time with me on multiple occasions, I was shocked), personally did my ultrasounds most of the time and always came in to do my retrievals and transfers (even when it wasn't her day on call), and personally called me back when I called in with a question, and was really there for me every step of the way. Because of her, I felt well taken care of during such a sad, unknown time.
Some [nurses at Northwell Health] know more than others, and you learn who to turn to throughout your time there...Also, as an aside, the phlebotomist, Jessica, is the freaking best...The Northwell Mineola office is peaceful. The Manhasset office can be a zoo. I thankfully only had to go there on weekends for monitoring and for procedures (however, specifically for procedures, the nurses at Manhasset are incredible).
I was a rare case. Got pregnant with my first-ever FET but then miscarried, despite the embryo being PGS normal. Dr. Mullin fought with me to try and figure out the best course of action after that and ultimately, after many biopsies and tests, she found what potentially was the issue. I don't know if many other doctors would have gone to the lengths she did.
Be your own advocate. Doctors have A LOT of patients - not their fault, just the nature of medicine these days. But it's up to you to bring your thoughts and opinions to the table. Dr. Mullin never shunned anything I had to say and worked with me every step of the way.
Dr. Mullin really took the time to get to know my husband and I. She entertained all of my questions, never rushed me (like actually, spend so much time with me on multiple occasions, I was shocked), personally did my ultrasounds most of the time and always came in to do my retrievals and transfers (even when it wasn't her day on call), and personally called me back when I called in with a question, and was really there for me every step of the way. Because of her, I felt well taken care of during such a sad, unknown time.
Describe the protocols Christine Mullin used in your cycles at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
Diagnosed "lean PCOS." Tried 4 IUIs (with Clomid), all BFN. Moved on to IVF. First retrieval was pretty (BCP + low dose meds given PCOS). Yielded a large # of eggs, but there were signs of poor egg quality. Transferred 1 of my 2 PGS normal embryos, BFP, miscarried at 6 weeks. Waited a few months to do another retrieval, during which she put me on Metformin and I started taking Acai pills. Prior to starting the injections, she also changed the protocol slightly and added estrogen priming. 2nd retrieval MUCH better and ended up with 5 healthy embryos. After a failed second FET, we decided to do the ReceptivaDX biopsy, as she suspected silent endometriosis. Biopsy confirmed extremely high levels of inflammation. Protocol was Depot Lupron for 2 months. Went straight into my third FET, which resulted in my current pregnancy.
Some know more than others, and you learn who to turn to throughout your time there. At the end of the day, though, Dr. Mullin was always reachable, and every time I called in with a question, the nurse(s) would either put me on hold to ask Dr. Mullin directly, or Dr. Mullin called me back herself later that day. Also, as an aside, the phlebotomist, Jessica, is the freaking best.
Mineola
I haven't had much time spent with Dr. Mullin herself. Her visits are short and not a lot of information is provided. Her bedside manner makes me feel as though i'm a number...I never feel as though i'm getting the full story from her, and that's when I actually see her. Only when I had a bad experience, did she show compassion and see me a few visits in a row. I'm confident she's good at what she does and will get me pregnant - i'm just not 100% on board with how she does it.
The clinic [Northwell Health- Mineola] is amazing, the staff is warm, friendly, and organized. It took 1 visit for Robin at the front desk to remember my name. I'm greeted every time I walk in and questions are answered as needed. Whenever I call with questions I get an answer right away or am called back shortly after. There are NEVER issues with appointments, they always make room for me. Jessica the phlebotomist is amazing, she never leaves me with bruises and takes my blood in no time. Regina, the sonogram tech is so warm - I've cried to her behind the closed door many times, and she always makes me feel so comfortable. This team is a gem!
Ask many questions.
The nursing staff is excellent, specifically the NP Mary Jane and RN Joan. They take their time when speaking with you, always ask questions, and make you feel as though you matter. They have been my contacts from day one, i feel more comfortable with them then I do with the Dr.
The clinic is amazing, the staff is warm, friendly, and organized. It took 1 visit for Robin at the front desk to remember my name. I'm greeted every time I walk in and questions are answered as needed. Whenever I call with questions I get an answer right away or am called back shortly after. There are NEVER issues with appointments, they always make room for me. Jessica the phlebotomist is amazing, she never leaves me with bruises and takes my blood in no time. Regina, the sonogram tech is so warm - I've cried to her behind the closed door many times, and she always makes me feel so comfortable. This team is a gem!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christine Mullin at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
$50 copay, $3500 for IVF cycle
I wasn't given the correct information on side effects and ended up in the hospital
Mineola

Always see a doctor for monitoring [at North Shore Long Island Jewish], though sometimes not your primary doctor. Patients in satellite offices need to go to Manhassat for at least some monitoring appointments and all procedures - Manhassat is definitely busier than Mineola, but still moves fairly quickly. Had a couple of issues with billing, but they were easily resolved. Robyn, who handles insurance logistics for the Mineola office, is excellent and helped me through a really confusing insurance policy.
I met with Dr. Mullin after leaving a different clinic (from which I had serious concerns about their level of care). She was matter of fact about my potential options for treatment, but listened to me about my concerns and wishes and responded appropriately and with empathy. Sje was involved with my care - which took place over the holidays - and never made me feel like a number or "just another" patient. She encouraged me to keep going with my retrieval when I considered cancelling it due to an unusual course of events during my stims phase. I went through with my retrieval only because of how much I trusted Dr. Mullin. The retrieval resulted in 9 embryos (8 PGS normal), and one current pregnancy. I would recommend Dr. Mullin to anyone in the area undergoing treatment for infertility.
Don't be afraid to say what you want out of treatment. Dr. Mullin will listen and let you know if it's possible - she won't just push her standard treatment without explanation or consideration to your wants/concerns.
I always saw a doctor for my monitoring appointments, and often that doctor was Dr. Mullin. She was super involved in my care, and always made me feel like I was her only patient (even though that obviously wasn't the case).
Antagonist protocol; ICSI; PGS; FET with embryo glue. 21 eggs, 19 mature, 17 fertilized, 9 day 5/6 embryos, 8 PGS-normal.
The nursing staff was overall great, though I thought Mary Jane was the stronger, better organized of the two (she was wonderful).
Always see a doctor for monitoring, though sometimes not your primary doctor. Patients in satellite offices need to go to Manhassat for at least some monitoring appointments and all procedures - Manhassat is definitely busier than Mineola, but still moves fairly quickly. Had a couple of issues with billing, but they were easily resolved. Robyn, who handles insurance logistics for the Mineola office, is excellent and helped me through a really confusing insurance policy.
Monitoring at Manhassat was generally during any window of time, definitely busier. Monitoring in Mineola was for a set time and a breeze.
Insurance covered all procedures except PGS and embryo glue. Total out of pocket was ~$5500, excluding deductibles and coinsurance. I believe i was quoted ~17k (plus medication costs) out of pocket if I didn't have insurance. They gave me the price information very early on in the process.
Describe Christine Mullin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
I strongly wanted to avoid the possibility of multiples, Dr. Mullin agreed with an eSet.
Had to make two requests for my file to be sent to my ob - but could have been my ob offices' error, unclear! Either way not a big issue.

2015 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr Mullin is very to the point - she does not sugar coat. She gives you the results and the percentage of chance things can go the way you want them to. She never says no - but will always give you the probability of a positive wether you want to hear it or not. She is very cautious and does not get overly excited...She is fact and reality based and won't fill you up with dreams and maybes. She also does not take risks her goal is to give you one healthy baby at a time.
There are busy hours [at North Shore] so be sure to ask if it is a busy time when making your appointment - Mornings are typically a packed office. If you are going the route of donor eggs - their in house donor pool is not that big so go into that with a you can't be too choosy mindset unless you are willing to pay the extra expenses of going to an egg bank or hiring your own donor both of which can get quite costly as you will need to pay for them to go through the clinics approval process...Everyone in the office will know your name and will give you a big greeting when you arrive. The receptionist knows where everyone is in their cycle and the nurses are all fantastic. They listen and care...The nurses are fabulous at both offices - Mineola and Manhassat. They are caring and supportive and very comforting during a very difficult process. They are not the best communicators and sometimes forget to inform the rest of team about an appointment or a request you made so be sure to write down everything you discuss with them and which nurse you are talking with.
Be sure to go there with an open mind and be prepared to hear things that might go against what you dream of. She is fact and reality based and won't fill you up with dreams and maybes. She also does not take risks her goal is to give you one healthy baby at a time.
My first cycles were IUI cycles - We were prescribed injectables (Menapur and Gonal-f). The rational for using the injectables was to get me to create as many follicles as possible due to my advanced maternal age. Although I did create follicles both of these cycles were negatives. My recent cycle was a donor egg transfer. I was prescribed oral meds - Estrace and some antibiotics. Then after the transfer, I am continuing with Estrace and Progesterone in Oil injections for about 10 weeks. We are currently pregnant and awaiting our 8 week sonogram.
The clinic is clean and calming. There are busy hours so be sure to ask if it is a busy time when making your appointment - Mornings are typically a packed office. If you are going the route of donor eggs - their in house donor pool is not that big so go into that with a you can't be too choosy mindset unless you are willing to pay the extra expenses of going to an egg bank or hiring your own donor both of which can get quite costly as you will need to pay for them to go through the clinics approval process.
All office visits went through insurance as well as my IUI cycles so I was only responsible for the co-pay. But my donor cycle was not covered under insurance at all. We were responsible for the entire cycle which when all was said and done it cost us about $32,000. We were the sole recipients of the eggs - so if you did a shared cycle it would be a bit less expensive.
Dr Mullin only believes in a single embryo transfer. She feels it is safer. Unless you are under age 35 and specifically request a multi embryo transfer but be prepared to hear all the risks of multi births and how it increases your chance of miscarriage.

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Dr Hershlag was very cold in his consultation appointments. He didn't seem very compassionate or understanding to me. This was the first fertility doctor I had ever gone to and I expected him to be more positive and sensitive in his approach. I also wasn't given detailed information as to the process of this whole thing. He passed me off to the nurses to give me instructions and even then I was left googling info on my own because this was so new to me and I didn't understand everything involved. I just felt like he never had time for me
Scheduling appointments [at North shore Long Island Jewish] were terrible. They were never accommodating to your schedule and it didn't matter what appointment time you got you were always waiting a long time before going in. Twice their credit card machine was down and payments wouldn't go through so instead of billing you, they wanted you to call their financial department to arrange payments. It really seemed like every department worked separately
Dr Herslag was very cold in his consultation appointments. He didn't seem very compassionate or understanding to me. This was the first fertility doctor I had ever gone to and I expected him to be more positive and sensitive in his approach. I also wasn't given detailed information as to the process of this whole thing. He passed me off to the nurses to give me instructions and even then I was left googling info on my own because this was so new to me and I didn't understand everything involved. I just felt like he never had time for me
He never runs on time and you can expect to wait up to an hour or more in the waiting room
It was extremely hard to get an appointment that worked with my work schedule. The office was very business like. No one knew your name at the front desk and I would wait anywhere from 1 to 2 hours in the waiting room for my appointment because the doctor was always running late. Dr Herslag did not give me all the information. He would pass me off onto a nurse to give me info. I felt like he was indifferent and cold
We never got that far for real treatments. I saw him about 4 times maybe 5. I did genetic testing blood work with them and the lab list my records after weeks of me calling to find out the results. They even had to take more blood to finish some of the genetic testings. And the lab they sent the blood work to billed my via email and I didn't know it wasn't covered as part of the office visit copay. He also sent me to the hospital to do that test to make sure the Fallopian tubes were clear. And I went to an outside lab for a 3 hour glucose blood work test. After all these testings he wanted to start immediately with IVF but I wanted to try IUI first. He said fine but he won't do more than 2 or 3 IUI treatments. I just didn't feel comfortable at all with him.
It was odd. The nursing staff always seemed busy and running around. They would give me printed paperwork with information rather than sit down and talk to me
Scheduling appointments were terrible. They were never accommodating to your schedule and it didn't matter what appointment time you got you were always waiting a long time before going in. Twice their credit card machine was down and payments wouldn't go through so instead of billing you, they wanted you to call their financial department to arrange payments. It really seemed like every department worked separately
I pretty much had the insurance copay only. I never did an IUI or IVF treatment with dr Herslag's office but it would have been out of pocket expense for me because insurance wasn't covering it
The big thing for me was the genetic lab work. They lost my results and it took them over a month to figure out that the lab requested more blood to finish running tests so I had to go back and give blood. Then this lab billed me through personal email which I don't check often. They never sent a bill in the mail or called. Only sent an email. I didn't even know this lab work wasn't covered under the copay at the doctors office. The doctors office itself was really bad with giving information especially if you were new to all of this. I left confused and unsure of what was happening or what I was supposed to do next. It seemed rushed always when I was with the doctor and nurses.
Mineola

Dr. Mullin spent a lot of time with me and always answered all of my questions...She explained everything in detail and gave me realistic expectations. She always made me feel hopeful. I appreciate that her approach is not aggressive and she is a doctor who likes to try the least invasive procedures first and works her way up to more Invasive treatment like ivf...tell her your concerns and ask her for her honest opinion because she’ll give it to you.
I only had an interaction with one nurse {at Northwell Health] and I found her to be the least friendly of the office. She was blunt and to the point and didn’t seem to show as much companion as other staff...For my medication I spent around $175 and my IUI was $350...Small clinic with one doctor even though she is part of a large practice. This allows you to feel like a person as opposed to a number. Everyone knows your name and the staff remembers you. Everyone is very friendly and I felt comfortable there.
I found Dr. Mullin to be warm and companionate but also very to the point which I appreciated it. She explained everything in detail and gave me realistic expectations. She always made me feel hopeful. I appreciate that her approach is not aggressive and she is a doctor who likes to try the least invasive procedures first and works her way up to more Invasive treatment like ivf.
To be honest with her and ask as many questions as you have. Tell her your concerns and ask her for her honest opinion because she’ll give it to you.
Dr. Mullin spent a lot of time with me and always answered all of my questions. I felt like I was a person and not a number. Her staff would greet me by name and always remembered who I was.
She did monitoring with blood and ultrasound, prescribed letrozole and a trigger shot of hcg in preparation of IUI.
I only had an interaction with one nurse and I found her to be the least friendly of the office. She was blunt and to the point and didn’t seem to show as much companion as other staff.
My insurance only covers office visits and consultations, not procedures. For my medication I spent around $175 and my IUI was $350.
2016 - 2019, Unknown Success
She’s [Dr. Mullin] very approachable, and makes you feel like a person. She always spends time answering my questions, and going through everything. I felt there were certain interventions that could have been done sooner, but I trust the process. ... Husband was sent to urologist after 2 cycles of IUI. We felt that since we had slight known male factor we should have been sent sooner.
Strengths: everyone [ North Shore] I have met is very nice, and competent. Weakness: IUIs are done at a separate office, so I’ve had different providers within the clinic do our IUIs. Each person was just as nice as the last. ... I was told my FSH was elevated one day, it felt like someone has missed telling me that. Although she didn’t seem very concerned, it was concerning to me. ...
She’s very approachable, and makes you feel like a person. She always spends time answering my questions, and going through everything. I felt there were certain interventions that could have been done sooner, but I trust the process.
Come with questions
She’s very nice, and thorough.
IUI with letrazole: for timed ovulation/ IUI. Husband was sent to urologist after 2 cycles of IUI. We felt that since we had slight known male factor we should have been sent sooner. That’s our only real concern.
Everyone is really compassionate and makes you feel like they’re rooting for you!
Strengths: everyone I have met is very nice, and competent. Weakness: IUIs are done at a separate office, so I’ve had different providers within the clinic do our IUIs. Each person was just as nice as the last.
IUI is covered by insurance.
I believe she only does single embryo.