Genetic counseling: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
468 E Market St
Akron, OH 44304
330-376-2300
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Northeast Ohio Fertility Center to a friend?
9.8

1 doctor
2014 - 2019
Endometriosis, Unexplained
If you are looking for a doctor who sugar coats things then he [Dr. Spirtos] won’t be the right doctor for you. Having said that he is by no means cold hearted and just wants to be as clear as possible and his delivery is in a kind way. He has never had bad bedside manners he has always been very kind and professional.... Our first IUI he had me on menopur and bravelle and trigger shot that ended in a negative 2nd IUI he had me take birth control and then after that it was Lupron
They [Northeast Ohio Fertility Ctr] are very friendly,welcoming, caring and they really just want to help you achieve your goals. I would absolutely recommend anyone to go to dr. Spirtos and his staff. The only downside I can think of is for Financing for IVF they only go through one company. I wish they would have more options with that.... The lady’s I dealt with the most were Theresa and Sandra and I absolutely adore them. They always take the time to answer any questions or concerns
2014 - 2019
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Nicholas Spirtos at Northeast Ohio Fertility Center?
If you are looking for a doctor who sugar coats things then he won’t be the right doctor for you. Having said that he is by no means cold hearted and just wants to be as clear as possible and his delivery is in a kind way. He has never had bad bedside manners he has always been very kind and professional. At the end of the day he is on you’re side and wants to help his patients make their dreams come true.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nicholas Spirtos at Northeast Ohio Fertility Center?
Don’t go by the bad reviews you see. Not every doctor is for everyone. Give him a chance. I seen some bad reviews and I took the chance and never once have I experienced any of the bad things that have been said about him.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nicholas Spirtos at Northeast Ohio Fertility Center?
Dr. Spirtos and his staff treated us very well anytime we needed something all we had to do was call and we would get a response right away. They never forgot our names and our story. They are all very compassionate with everyone that I have seen.
Describe the protocols Nicholas Spirtos used in your cycles at Northeast Ohio Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Our first IUI he had me on menopur and bravelle and trigger shot that ended in a negative 2nd IUI he had me take birth control and then after that it was Lupron and then menopur and bravelle along with the trigger shot. That was Successful but ended in a miscarriage at 11 weeks five days. All my other IUIs he had me on was the same as the 2nd IUI minus the menopur and bravelle because he had me on Follistim all ended negative and the other treatments have been taking clomid days 4-7 I do believe plus trigger shot and all ended negative.
The lady’s I dealt with the most were Theresa and Sandra and I absolutely adore them. They always take the time to answer any questions or concerns that I have had. It’s not about money to this doctor and staff they are so welcoming and warm.
Describe your experience with Northeast Ohio Fertility Center.
They are very friendly,welcoming, caring and they really just want to help you achieve your goals. I would absolutely recommend anyone to go to dr. Spirtos and his staff. The only downside I can think of is for Financing for IVF they only go through one company. I wish they would have more options with that.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nicholas Spirtos at Northeast Ohio Fertility Center.
Every visit for co-pay is $96.00 plus whatever the ultrasound and blood work cost and that is billed later and as of now I owe them around 1,200. One IUI cost I do believe 375 and my injectables were about 1,400.

2014 - 2018
Endometriosis, Unexplained
I love the way he [Dr. Nicholas Spirtos] treated my husband and I...he’s very to the point but not in a rude way which I think is amazing because when you’re going through treatment for so long you just want to get to the point. He is very accommodating... we are doing medicated IUI and if that does not work our next step is IVF... there is no sugarcoating but also very professional
they [Northeast Ohio Fertility Center] take their time they explain everything in detail...anytime you have a question you can call them and they won’t rush you off the phone and they make sure that you completely understand everything that happened in your appointment...sometimes you have to wait but that’s expected because they do not rush you out of their office... they [nurses] are very compassionate caring super nice and very informative and all-around great people
2014 - 2018
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Spirtos is an amazing fertility doctor he knows what he’s doing he’s very knowledgeable that great bedside manner’s he’s very to the point but not in a rude way which I think is amazing because when you’re going through treatment for so long you just want to get to the point. He is very accommodating and at the end the day his goal is to make your dreams come true .
My piece of advice would be if you really want a child need to go see Dr. Spirtos .
I love the way he treated my husband and I. He is Ginuwine but also very to the point there is no sugarcoating but also very professional his main goal at the end of the day is to make our dreams come true in the we haven’t been able to get pregnant to term yet I still have all the faith in the world in him and that’s why we continue to go see him. He knows what he’s doing and is very knowledgeable in great bedside manner’s.
We first tried medicated IUI. Or injectables were Menopourand, Bravelle and ovidrill I can’t remember what the dosage were but that cycle for IUIdid not work so He switched up the medication a little bit put me on birth control then I had you take shots of Lupron and the other medications that I listed above and it worked but unfortunately at 11 weeks and five days I had a missed miscarriage then our next round months and months later I decided I want to try in unmedicated IUI because of Financial reasons which did not work. So now we are back years later and we are on our journey again and we are doing medicated IUI and if that does not work our next step is IVF. And I have all the faith in the world and Dr. Spirtos.
Did you ladies that I deal with on a daily when I get there or Sandra and Teresa they are very compassionate caring super nice and very informative and all-around great people and they don’t make you feel like a Nother number they make you feel like you matter. did you ladies that I deal with on a daily when I go there or Sandra and Teresa they are very compassionate caring super nice very informative and all-around great people and they don’t make you feel like a number they make you feel like you matter.
Describe your experience with Northeast Ohio Fertility Center.
I absolutely love Dr. Spirtos office sometimes you have to wait but that’s expected because they do not rush you out of their office they take their time they explain everything in detail in anytime you have a question you can call them and they won’t rush you off the phone and they make sure that you completely understand everything that happened in your appointment. I absolutely love Dr. Spirtos office sometimes you have to wait but that’s expected because they do not rush you out of their office they take their time they explain everything in detail in anytime you have a question you can call them and they won’t rush you off the phone and they make sure that you completely understand everything that happened in your appointment
I must say from everything that I have researched Dr. Spirtos is the cheapest around he has a package bundle for IVF for a little under $9000 and I think that’s amazing and when your bills come in for our I must say from everything that I have researched Dr. Spirtos is the cheapest around he has a package bundle for IVF for a little under $9000 and I think that’s amazing and For IUI it cost is 375 per IUI why I believe
Describe Nicholas Spirtos's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northeast Ohio Fertility Center.
I would trust him with any decision he makes
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Nicholas Spirtos at Northeast Ohio Fertility Center.

2007 - 2016
He [Dr. Nicholas Spirtos] does have a sense of humor but he is a no BS type of Doctor...He is a straight shooter. He is not going to tell you what you want to hear. He is going to tell you the truth. He is very knowledgeable and through. He makes his decisions based on the progress of your specific cycle. He is confident....Dr. Spirtos believed the previous doctors did not push my cycle enough. He used Lupron first. Then we began gonal
Strengths [of Northeast Ohio Fertility Center] are everyone is on the same page and are Cheering for you. They are supportive and experienced. It's not really a weakness but they teach medical students which can sometimes be a little uncomfortable....It was around 12,000 for everything for one cycle....[The nurses] are great. They check in on me at every visit. They are knowledgeable and are very familiar with Dr. Spirtos' protocols.
2007 - 2016
He does have a sense of humor but he is a no BS type of Doctor.
Everyone knows my name and my husbands name. Dr. Spirtos jokes around with us with proper timing. He asks lots of questions and gives us lots of information. He spends time with us - as much as we need.
I have tried other things before but Dr. Spirtos believed the previous doctors did not push my cycle enough. He used Lupron first. Then we began gonal-f. We had to increase that after nothing was happening on the first ultrasound. We used ovidrel to trigger. Them egg retrieval. 5 days later we completed embryo transfer with using progesterone in oil and endometrin suppositories.
They are great. They check in on me at every visit. They are knowledgeable and are very familiar with Dr. Spirtos' protocols.
Describe your experience with Northeast Ohio Fertility Center.
Strengths are everyone is on the same page and are Cheering for you. They are supportive and experienced. It's not really a weakness but they teach medical students which can sometimes be a little uncomfortable.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Northeast Ohio Fertility Center.
Some waits were longer than others but for the most part we were in and out.
It was around 12,000 for everything for one cycle.

6 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
He is very hands on with his patients. Every visit we usually went to his office to review what has happened and what was going to happen. He did all the ultrasounds himself...definitely does not have the best “bedside manner” but it never really bothered me. He was straight forward and laid out exactly what was wrong and what he thought your chances of success were, which I appreciated. I did have a few miscarriages while seeing him and I can tell you in that situation he was nothing but compassionate and caring
His staff [at Northeast Ohio Fertility Center] is top notch. They have all been there for years and they are some of the sweetest and caring nursing staffs I have dealt with...Donor cycle was $25,000...It was pretty outdated. At the time it didn’t bother me, I assumed it was saving costs to patients. But after changing clinics I realized it was probably a detriment to my treatment. (Wasn’t doing ultrasound guided IVF in 2015, the other clinic had been doing it for 10+ years. I had an ectopic from an IVF I feel could have been avoided with the ultrasound guidance.)
Investment Banker
6 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Spirtos definitely does not have the best “bedside manner” but it never really bothered me. He was straight forward and laid out exactly what was wrong and what he thought your chances of success were, which I appreciated. I did have a few miscarriages while seeing him and I can tell you in that situation he was nothing but compassionate and caring.
He has a dry sense of humor, so go in knowing that and you will be fine. He is very hands on, which is very rare with fertility doctors these days. I always felt that my case mattered and he was working on it
He is very hands on with his patients. Every visit we usually went to his office to review what has happened and what was going to happen. He did all the ultrasounds himself and most of the progesterone shots I did
His staff is top notch. They have all been there for years and they are some of the sweetest and caring nursing staffs I have dealt with. Top notch
Donor cycle was $25,000
He explained the risks of a twin pregnancy but was okay proceeding with two embryos given my age and overall health.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
I felt at ease knowing the years of experience and wealth of knowledge Dr. Spirtos has. He is , understanding, truly cares about his patients, and extremely thorough. So thorough, in fact, one precautionary procedure he ordered discovered a potential life threatening condition for me that I otherwise would not have known. Fortunately, it was treatable and I was able to continue on with my fertility treatment...He will be upfront and honest with you and will design a personalized plan just for you.
Their [staff at Northeast Ohio Fertility Center's] greatest strength is their compassion. They all truly care and want you to be successful. They too have many years of experience and can sometimes answer questions on the phone that can help you put your mind at ease. They know you by name. That alone speaks volumes!...Never did I feel like just a number! I could call at anytime and ask questions regarding my procedures or just insurance questions without any problem or hesitation from the staff. Dr. Spritos even personally called to check up on me after an appointment from a specialist he referred me to.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Be patient and trust his knowledge, experience, and God-given talent. He will be upfront and honest with you and will design a personalized plan just for you.
Dr. Spirtos and his entire staff showed how much they cared throughout my journey. Never did I feel like just a number! I could call at anytime and ask questions regarding my procedures or just insurance questions without any problem or hesitation from the staff. Dr. Spritos even personally called to check up on me after an appointment from a specialist he referred me to.
Compassionate, patient, and always available to answer questions or just listen.
Describe your experience with Northeast Ohio Fertility Center.
Their greatest strength is their compassion. They all truly care and want you to be successful. They too have many years of experience and can sometimes answer questions on the phone that can help you put your mind at ease. They know you by name. That alone speaks volumes!
My insurance covered a lot.