Northeastern Reproductive Medicine

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
105 West View Road
Colchester, VT 05446
802-655-8888
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Northeastern Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
I did have to leave messages mostly every time I called but for the most part they [Northeastern Reproductive Medicine - Colchester] called back the same day. They were not rude and did not sound annoyed when explaining things.... We had bloodwork done one day and wanted to speak with our doctor who was not there that day unfortunately. We wanted to ask questions to another doctor but she was busy. The lab tech answered as best she could, but we felt we weren’t allowed to see the covering doctor in person.
Describe your experience with Northeastern Reproductive Medicine.
We had bloodwork done one day and wanted to speak with our doctor who was not there that day unfortunately. We wanted to ask questions to another doctor but she was busy. The lab tech answered as best she could, but we felt we weren’t allowed to see the covering doctor in person. In hindsight, I would have been more proactive been a better advocate for myself. I think we would have been seen had I been more demanding.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter Casson at Northeastern Reproductive Medicine?
When you have an appointment to talk to him, he will explain things professionally and compassionately.
I did have to leave messages mostly every time I called but for the most part they called back the same day. They were not rude and did not sound annoyed when explaining things.
What specific things went wrong at Northeastern Reproductive Medicine?
How was your experience with Peter Casson at Northeastern Reproductive Medicine?
He is knowledgeable and takes time at his appointments to answer questions and explains things nicely so you can understand. Seems open to suggestions and what you are concerned with. Have not yet had to undergo ivf, so far just being worked up for reason we are having recurrent miscarriages. He has been open to testing both myself and my partner, explaining the process and helping us to understand what the next steps are and why.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter Casson at Northeastern Reproductive Medicine?
Ask all the questions you have, wrote a list before your appointment and jot down notes. It’s overwhelming and hard to take away all the information after you leave if you don’t write it all down.
Describe the protocols Peter Casson used in your cycles at Northeastern Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Sought his opinion after having two miscarriages after already having a healthy baby first try beforehand. Had a sonohystrogram and was tested for blood clotting issues which all came back negative, except for my AMH which was low. Diagnosed with low ovarian reserve and probably poor egg quality. Was told to try again, conceived and had a miscarriage at 9 weeks after having an ultrasound that showed a thickened nuchal translucency. Genetic testing proved it was Turner syndrome. Went through my first medicine induced miscarriage and follow ups. Have recently had carrier screening performed and found to be a carrier for Niemann pick disease type b. Husband will be having carrier screening testing done next week when we follow up. Going to talk about next step and possibility of ivf with pgs.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Casson at Northeastern Reproductive Medicine.
Haven’t been billed other than for office visit which was only $60 after insurance
Colchester
NERM-VT is committed to personal care. The standalone facility removes the clinical “feel” of treatment. Nurses and staff were attentive and welcoming.... The clinic is very peaceful and in times of high stress regarding fertility challenges sometimes that can make all the difference. I would highly recommend NERM-VT to any of my friends who many need to access services in the future.... The nursing staff was always responsive and made sure my questions were answered.
Describe your experience with Northeastern Reproductive Medicine.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christine Murray at Northeastern Reproductive Medicine?
The nursing staff was always responsive and made sure my questions were answered. The nurses telephone line was helpful as they would always return a call in a timely manner. The patient portal was an added benefit as we could communicate electronically.
What specific things went wrong at Northeastern Reproductive Medicine?
How was your experience with Christine Murray at Northeastern Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Murray was very accommodating at the beginning of treatment. The clinic is 2 hours away and my initial consultation was over the phone, on a Sunday. There was miscommunication between Dr. Murray and clinic staff that resulted in a delay of my first IVF cycle and in it’s place we were asked to do another IUI in the meantime. It was not in our plan, but we went ahead with it regardless as the IVF meds could not be expedited in time to save the cycle. Over the course of the actual IVF cycle I did not see Dr. Murray again as Dr. Cason performed an HSG and Dr. Brown did my retrieval. I felt a little disjointed with so many “cooks in the kitchen” but at the same time confident in the team overall.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christine Murray at Northeastern Reproductive Medicine?
Be prepared to advocate for what you need. Entering into fertility treatment can be overwhelming and it helps to know as much about your options going in so as not to get overwhelmed.
Describe the protocols Christine Murray used in your cycles at Northeastern Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
BCP (10 days), Gonal f 150iu, Menopur 150iu. Ganirelix then Lupron/Pregnyl trigger. Uncomplicated retrieval, 11 eggs. 1 broken shell, all 10 fertilized (5 with ICSI, 5 unassisted). 2 embryos made it to day 5 and were transferred (both pre-blast). None made it to freeze. Pregnancy resulted, lost at 6 weeks.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christine Murray at Northeastern Reproductive Medicine.
IVF - SHG $350, Anesthesia Fee $530, Monitoring Fee $1000, Procedure Fee $7000. Monitoring coverage began at baseline and ended at embryo transfer. Procedure fee included injection training. Also included was 1 year of embryo storage.
Describe Christine Murray's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northeastern Reproductive Medicine.
I was counseled on industry recommendations through current research. Pros and cons were clearly expressed but the ultimate decision was left to us. I appreciated the guidance and conversation we had regarding single vs multiple embryo transfer.
2 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
The only complaint that I have is that the billing/office management [Northeastern Reproductive Medicine] has had a lot of turn-over and bills were incorrect and it took a long time to sort these issues out. The front office staff was wonderful as well as the ultrasound tech. All of the nurses and doctors at the clinic were compassionate and took the time to answer questions and concerns as they came up. They treated us like people and not a number as many other places do.
2 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Northeastern Reproductive Medicine.
The only complaint that I have is that the billing/office management has had a lot of turn-over and bills were incorrect and it took a long time to sort these issues out. The front office staff was wonderful as well as the ultrasound tech. All of the nurses and doctors at the clinic were compassionate and took the time to answer questions and concerns as they came up. They treated us like people and not a number as many other places do. They also took into consideration whether or not our insurance covered certain tests and made sure not to run unnecessary tests on us saving us money
Peter was so genuine whenever we spoke. He listened to us and provided us with the positive and negative implications for all possible avenues so that we would end up with a child. He was compassionate and ended up helping us to achieve our goal of becoming a family.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northeastern Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Monique van leuven)
Monique was excellent at communicating via email and phone. She made sure to be the one to call me when we did our blood work and received our positive result. She met us at the entrance when we went to hear the heartbeat and again when I had a scare and asked to be seen a few days later. She has emailed since to check on us and now that we have our little girl, she still keeps in touch.
Dr Casson met with us first to retrieve my follicles on our first cycle at his clinic. He took the time to discuss his hopes and potential outcomes. After the first round failed, he expressed his genuine sadness for us and wanted to make sure that our next experience was better. When we were deciding whether to try another round with my eggs, go for adoption or use donor eggs, he sat with us and explained our options. He not only saw us through the procedures but called me personally with updates and to wish us luck on the day of the transfer since it was on the weekend and he was going to be out of town. On our last visit to the clinic before transferring to an OB office, he made sure to see me even though I was only there for an ultrasound and blood work and gave us a graduation gift! He was everything that we had hoped for in a physician and got us to our goal of becoming a family! We have frozen embryos at the clinic and plan to return under his care when we are ready to try for our second!!!
No question is too small to ask.
For our donor egg cycle, the donor used menopur and gonal-f and I used Lupron and estrogen and progesterone. We did intramuscular shots for progesterone instead of suppositories and even though they are painful (you do get used to them when your partner is good at it) it is totally worth it to ensure that your levels maintain until your body takes over.
The cost of the IVF with my eggs was approximately 10,000 once we began the cycle. The cost for IVF with egg donation was 21,000 when all was said and done. (All included medication)
Describe Peter Casson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northeastern Reproductive Medicine.
Listen to your doctors recommendation for number of embryos to transfer. Because we had beautiful 5 and 6 day embryos we only transferred 1 and got pregnant the first tome compared to having 3 day embryos before and tranferrI got 2 and getting negative results.
Colchester
We were extremely impressed by this clinic [NE Repro Med].... The space is beautiful and has state-of-the-art equipment. Onsite parking is a real bonus - it's easy to get in and out. Appointments always ran on time and it was super convenient to have all of my lab work done here....I consider Mo to be the primary nurse that we had contact with - she is amazing!! We saw other nurses throughout our treatment too, (Nicole, Stephanie, etc.) and really liked them as well. The whole care team is compassionate & personal.
Describe your experience with Northeastern Reproductive Medicine.
We were extremely impressed by this clinic. We attended an initial info session after having a so-so experience with the hospital and enjoyed hearing from Dr. Murray and Cal (one of the embryologists.) The space is beautiful and has state-of-the-art equipment. Onsite parking is a real bonus - it's easy to get in and out. Appointments always ran on time and it was super convenient to have all of my lab work done here.
Dr. Casson was extremely responsive with our initial email communication - I felt like I had more information going into our initial consultation than after 2-3 visits with a prior doctor. In general this practice is very personal - you get to know the team well and they are invested in your success. We definitely missed them once we transferred to a regular OB for pre-natal care!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northeastern Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Monique (Mo))
I'm pretty sure my husband and I would follow Dr. Casson into battle at this point. We 100% trust his medical opinion and were obviously pleased by the success of our treatment. Dr. Casson is a straight-shooter and tells it like it is - we appreciated this aspect of his personality, (although know this is not for everyone.) He was also very cognizant of the financial investment we were making in this procedure and felt like this was taken into consideration during our course of treatment. We also had great interactions with Dr. Brown and Dr. Murray on the occasions that we saw them.
Sometimes he thinks outloud - don't be alarmed by this! :)
We did a freeze-all cycle in case of OHSS. Luckily I did not experience OHSS but think the extra month was a good way to let my body recover before pregnancy. Would do this in future cycles.
~$7000 for IVF + monitoring ($1000), FET ($1000) and meds. $500 for anesthesia was billed separately by the anesthesiologist. Pre-natal care was covered 100% by insurance once pregnant, (we did not have fertility coverage through our insurance.)
Dr. Casson strongly recommended a single embryo transfer because of my age/prognosis. I was glad that he did!
Colchester
It's a small clinic [NE Repro Med], which helps with being made to feel like a human. Everybody seemed to learn my name quickly....There are three or four nurses and most of them are very friendly and knowledgeable....NRM is a relatively new clinic, but the doctors have many years of experience.. They take a team approach to patient care, from the Business Manager straight to the doctor. The only weakness I can see is that they might get too busy for the smaller staff they have and hopefully that doesn't influence important decisions regarding patient care.
Describe your experience with Northeastern Reproductive Medicine.
NRM is a relatively new clinic, but the doctors have many years of experience. They started their own practice in order to have more control over billing and other "red tape" issues with a larger, university setting. They take a team approach to patient care, from the Business Manager straight to the doctor. The only weakness I can see is that they might get too busy for the smaller staff they have and hopefully that doesn't influence important decisions regarding patient care.
It's a small clinic, which helps with being made to feel like a human. Everybody seemed to learn my name quickly. Another doctor at the clinic (who was not my primary RE) even learned about me and my husband.
I feel like I always asked the hard questions and Dr. Murray always provided a well thought-out answer. She celebrated with us when we saw the heartbeat and she was right by my side when it was no longer there. I feel like I'm a pretty demanding patient, and she's always been nothing but patient with me.
Take advantage of your one-on-one time with Dr. Murray. NRM is a small clinic, but they're very efficient so tasks that can be handled by a nurse will be handled by a nurse. You may not see Dr. Murray every time you're there, so really soak it up, ask all your questions, and get out all of your concerns when you're meeting with her.
For my IUI cycles, I was on Clomid. Both cycles had multiple follicles, but neither one resulted in a positive pregnancy test. For my IVF cycle, Dr. Murray used an Estrogen Priming protocol because I'm older and have a lower egg reserve. I feel like the cycle went very well, but my egg quality is just too poor as determined by my miscarriage and the fact that I didn't have any embryos to freeze. My only real concern with my IVF cycle was that I think the doctors could have stimmed me for an additional day to get more mature eggs out of me. This will not deter me from using NRM again, though. I'll be back.
Each meeting with my doctor costs $150. Each IUI cycle cost $400 (monitoring was done at an off-site location, I'm not sure how much this would cost at NRM). The IVF cycle was $8,000. This does not include medications, but all monitoring was covered. This included one frozen embryo transfer, however, we were unable to do this.
Dr. Murray cautioned me of the complications with twins when I transferred two embryos, but ultimately left the decision up to me.
Colchester
I have always been treated very well in the office [NE Repro Medicine] by all the staff, they are always pleasant, friendly, and positive...The nursing staff has always been great. They are the first ones we talk to when we call in with any questions, they always respond in a timely manner...IUI's were $400 with blood work and ultrasounds going to my insurance. IVF was $7,000 with blood work and ultrasound going to insurance and that did not include medication. It was $2,000 for each additional transfer.
Describe your experience with Northeastern Reproductive Medicine.
It's great that there is always someone available if I need an a question answered. During my IVF cycle I was even able to email one of the nurses to answer some questions. The only thing for me was that it was a far drive and I had to go up frequently for ultrasounds, I was lucky that my work situation allowed me to do that. If anything it would be great if I could have gotten some of the ultrasounds done closer to where I live.
I have always been treated very well in the office by all the staff, they are always pleasant, friendly, and positive. Even times when I am in the office for a routine scan if Dr. Casson sees me down the hall he makes sure to come over and say hi. Sometimes I think he hangs around the office on his days off. He seems very committed.
Dr. Casson has always been very positive about my diagnosis, which is helpful to keep me positive. He has a lot of experience in the field and is doing many great things in Vermont. I came to North Eastern Reproductive Medicine after going to a different clinic for 2 years and I was very happy with the switch. I felt like I had more access to the doctor, and it felt less clinical.
Dr. Casson is very knowledgeable so if you don't understand what he is talking about then don't be afraid to ask him to explain.
I am not really sure of the protocols, Dr. Casson had suggested doing a freeze all cycle to avoid ovarian hyper stimulation, which I agreed with, and am glad I did it that way. I was pretty uncomfortable after the egg retrieval and can't imagine doing a fresh cycle. When I was at a different clinic they had me on Femara and times intercourse, when I started to see Dr. Casson he switched me to Clomid as he had participated in a study that showed that women with unexplained infertility had better outcomes with Clomid during IUI's. I never had any positive outcomes on either Femara or Clomid. Dr. Casson only recommended 4 IUI's before moving on to IVF as opposed to my first clinic which would have done 6. I was fine with 4 I was ready to move on.
Dr. Casson recommended only transferring one for our first transfer. I only wanted one. The second time around he still recommended one, but it was not out of the question if I wanted to do two. I still only transferred one.
Colchester
The clinic is so relaxing. My first child I had through a hospital based clinic. That experience was nowhere near as nice as it was at NERM. Very nice facility, friendly people, easy scheduling, and very seldom having to wait. All three doctors here are excellent, and I would recommend any one of them...The nurses were great, especially the head nurse....Relatively affordable in comparison to other options....Dr. Murray, along with the other Doctors at NERM, are warm, caring and generous people.
Describe your experience with Northeastern Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Murray, along with the other Doctors at NERM, are warm, caring and generous people. They always took the extra time to discuss any concerns and were completely supportive of decisions I made along the way.
The nurses were great, especially the head nurse.
Dr. Murray is very patient, kind and knowledgeable. She clearly states the science and the implications for treatment in a way that is very supportive. She was always professional, and I never felt rushed during any of my visits. I would say the same of the other two doctors at the clinic.
Just relax and know that you are in really good hands.
I was given a lot of choice in how I wanted to proceed. As a forty year old woman, I tried three unmedicated IUIs, one medicated and then asked to go straight to IVF. They would have supported more IUI tries if I had wanted to go that route too, but they agreed that moving to IVF at that point was probably the best call based on the numbers. They really understood the financial considerations and constraints I had and balanced their advice with those in mind. For example, they didn't recommend testing the embryos for a few reasons: one- they knew it would be expensive for me, two- at my age they knew I was likely to have few viable embryos, three- the current research shows that the testing can produce false positives for anomalies.
Relatively affordable in comparison to other options.
They respected my strong desire not to have twins, and transferred only one embryo at a time at my request.
2 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
I did two IUIs [at Northeastern Reproductive Medicine], one with Femara and one with a combo femara & injectibles. Had good ovarian response to both, but two miscarriages. Monitoring is good, appointments available every day of the week which is awesome.... The costs are fair, even for fresh donor egg cycles. Wait times are generally short and appointment times are flexible. I do wish they had an in house donor embryo program - this is why I had to move on to another clinic.
2 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Describe your experience with Northeastern Reproductive Medicine.
Dr Casson talked to me like the educated, intelligent person that I am. He was very candid with my chances with all procedures and gave me his honest opinion on all my options. He is thoughtful and considered my whole history.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northeastern Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Monique )
The nurses are all fantastic and I highly recommend all of them.
Dr Casson is very giving of his time both via email and in person. He is more conservative in terms of more experimental treatments for RPL/ implantation failure which is my only consideration for those who might be interested in those types of treatments.
Ask any questions - ask for what you want. He will give you his honest opinion and not push you into anything you aren’t completely comfortable with.
I did two IUIs, one with Femara and one with a combo femara & injectibles. Had good ovarian response to both, but two miscarriages. Monitoring is good, appointments available every day of the week which is awesome.
I believe iuis were $300, my other treatment was covered with an insurance copay. I did not do ivf with this clinic
Did not do IVF but I think he prefers eSET for most patients.
Colchester
I felt when you walk into the clinic [NE Reproductive Medicine] there is a very welcoming and comforting feel. The way it is decorated and set up is very calming. There is always the receptionist there to greet you and has been very responsive with any last minute questions we may have and encourages us to call if we have forgot...They [nurses] have made me feel very comfortable during the blood draws I've had so far. PGD adds a layer of confusion at times and if they have questions they as rather than assuming.
Describe your experience with Northeastern Reproductive Medicine.
I felt when you walk into the clinic there is a very welcoming and comforting feel. The way it is decorated and set up is very calming. There is always the receptionist there to greet you and has been very responsive with any last minute questions we may have and encourages us to call if we have forgot. They are willing to work with you (like my husband forgot his insurance card and he was able to call w/ info at home)
Dr. Casson gave us hope when we had none. He was very reassuring about our treatment and very knowledgeable about our special needs with PGD testing
They have made me feel very comfortable during the blood draws I've had so far. PGD adds a layer of confusion at times and if they have questions they as rather than assuming.
I think that he is so knowledgeable that sometimes it can be overwhelming as someone who doesn't know the technical aspects. It's almost too much info. But I really like him as a person and I feel he really cares about his patients deeply
To get ready for a really difficult journey but it will be worth it. Just go with the every changing current of IVF and follow Dr. Casson's lead
Dr. Casson is going to use an antagonist protocol with Lupron trigger. Because we have to have PGD done as well our main goal is to produce as many eggs as possible and the antagonist protocol is what he believes with do this.
NRM charged us $4,750 for IVF, $1000 for embryo biopsies, $530 for anesthesia, and $6500 for PGD testing through Natera.
He recommended a single embryo transfer because a singleton is lower risk to carry to term.
Colchester
[NE Reproductive Medicine has a] Gorgeous office, free samples, straight forward self pay rates, all friendly staff, always on time to get the patients, always call back within an hour when I leave a message on cycle day one. Overall great care.... [the nursing staff is] Very friendly and always call me back very fast... One time when he ran a little late, he gave me free ferry passes to get home. He is caring.
Describe your experience with Northeastern Reproductive Medicine.
Very individualized, did not pressure me at all, wanted my opinions
Very friendly and always call me back very fast
Dr. Cassini is A very good listener. He offers very individualized care. He is very patient. He was always on time to get me. One time when he ran a little late, he gave me free ferry passes to get home. He is caring.
Be open to suggestions and re testing
I had been misdiagnosed by a previous doctor with endometriosis. He decided to re-test with a more modern test. This was completely pain free and I found out I didn’t have endometriosis which was a relief. He has prescribed me letrazole. He tested hormone levels for my PCOS. He has let me know all available options.
So far, I have only tried medication. My insurance pays for the office visits. I did get a cost list of orocedures.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Receptionist and billing [at NE Reproductive Medicine] are helpful and friendly. Very clean, inviting waiting area. Professional staff. Practice manager was receptive to feedback when I was frustrated with an experience, was refunded for appointment.... Didn’t get a daily phone call on day 5 of IVF and nurse said this was because the embryologist failed to give them a report. Was scheduled for a baseline ultrasound prior to starting OCP, when ultrasound should have been done after OCP prior to treatment
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Describe your experience with Northeastern Reproductive Medicine.
Receptionist and billing are helpful and friendly. Very clean, inviting waiting area. Professional staff. Practice manager was receptive to feedback when I was frustrated with an experience, was refunded for appointment.
Very friendly in person, sometimes rushed on phone calls.
What specific things went wrong at Northeastern Reproductive Medicine?
How was your experience with Jennifer Brown at Northeastern Reproductive Medicine?
Makes time to answer questions and discuss alternative options. Warm bedside manner. Draws lots of diagrams of uteruses and ovaries. Give patients options and does not force a set one size fits all treatment plan.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Brown at Northeastern Reproductive Medicine?
Dont be afraid to call with questions and ask to speak with her, she will usually make time.
Describe the protocols Jennifer Brown used in your cycles at Northeastern Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Used clomid and IUI to increase odds of unexplained infertility. Was diagnosed with endometriosis and moved on to IVF. Did two months of birth control before frozen embryo transfer to help with endometriosis. Had polyps removed from uterus. Resulted in two chemical pregnancies.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Brown at Northeastern Reproductive Medicine.
I have infertility insurance coverage. However, I wished I’d known to shop around for drug prices instead of using their default pharmacy.
Describe Jennifer Brown's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northeastern Reproductive Medicine.
Very enthusiastic about our choices to do a single embryo transfer.
Jennifer Brown
Colchester
It is fantastic and I have no reservation in recommending them. They [Northeastern Repro Med- Colchester] have found the perfect balance of knowledge and professionalism with kindness and compassion. Everyone on the team was fantastic but I highly recommend Dr. Casson and my favorite nurse was Monique.... Nicole was very knowledgeable and professional. The only thing I wasn’t 100% satisfied with was her injection training, but at the end when I said I felt like I needed a little more support she was completely willing to schedule another session.
Describe your experience with Northeastern Reproductive Medicine.
It is fantastic and I have no reservation in recommending them. They have found the perfect balance of knowledge and professionalism with kindness and compassion. Everyone on the team was fantastic but I highly recommend Dr. Casson and my favorite nurse was Monique.
Dr. Casson remembered us, details about prior appointments and personal information shared, and treated us with deep care and concern and also appropriate humor and professionalism.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northeastern Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nicole)
He was professional, funny, kind but realistic, and explained everything thoroughly. I never felt rushed or like a nuisance with questions even though I know they’re office is extremely busy and appointments are time sensitive. He also worked with us on the payment plan, knowing financially this was a major challenge for us.
Request to work with him. He is amazing!
I think it was about 12,000 in total for 4 cycles IUI, one fresh IVF cycle, and a second transfer with frozen embryos.
He was very clear that he recommended only one embryo based in our ages, good quality embryo, etc. After cycle one failed we told him we wanted to transfer two. He still educated us about all the risks, but respected our decision.
Colchester
Strength [at Northeaster Reproductive Medicine]- extremely knowledgeable, invested in positive outcomes...Weakness- not enough doctors/rns/other office staff (they seem spread thin), communication of treatment plans between doctors/rns, expensive...Strength [of nurses]- they're highly skilled Challenge- they're too busy/there aren't enough of them
Describe your experience with Northeastern Reproductive Medicine.
Strength- extremely knowledgeable, invested in positive outcomes Weakness- not enough doctors/rns/other office staff (they seem spread thin), communication of treatment plans between doctors/rns, expensive
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Brown at Northeastern Reproductive Medicine?
Communication is difficult. Calls can take longer than 24 hrs to be returned. Questions about insurance go unanswered. Concerns about prices/costs ignored.
Strength- they're highly skilled Challenge- they're too busy/there aren't enough of them
What specific things went wrong at Northeastern Reproductive Medicine?
Jennifer Brown Is extremely knowledgeable and very compassionate. She will often take extra time with you if needed. Jennifer Brown is invested in the outcome of patients and has excellent bedside manner.
To expect that communication between doctors and nurses to be confusing
IUIs- clomid, ovidrel (4 negative) IVF- ortho-cyclen, Menapur, gonal f, ganirelix, lupron, pregnyl (current)
Approximately $10,000
Jennifer Brown
Colchester
It’s small so they [Northeastern Reproductive Med] treat you like a human and not a number. They all work together very well so even when you are assigned to one doctor they all know your case. Everyone is very friendly and answers your questions or knows how to find them. There’s no money back guarantee here though like there is at some other clinics... Some of the nurses were better communicators than others and had answers to our questions
Describe your experience with Northeastern Reproductive Medicine.
It’s small so they treat you like a human and not a number. They all work together very well so even when you are assigned to one doctor they all know your case. Everyone is very friendly and answers your questions or knows how to find them. There’s no money back guarantee here though like there is at some other clinics
It was small and personal
What specific things went wrong at Northeastern Reproductive Medicine?
She’s pleasant. She treated us like more than just a number and we really felt like she was family. There were two times after cycles failed that she was supposed to call us and didn’t. So that diminished our trust in her. She didn’t do any other testing though we asked, and she didn’t seem to have any ideas
I’m not sure
I’m not 100% sure. A good chunk of ours was covered by insurance
Colchester
You may find people who will rave about this practice. However, in my opinion, their move to the private world (from academic) was not a positive one. With DOR, I was not offered IVF. After consulting with others, I am convinced that they did not want me to "taint" their numbers as they were starting their practice. Some of their nurses and staff were quite nice, while others were rude and completely insensitive. I could not recommend this practice to a friend or loved one.
Describe your experience with Northeastern Reproductive Medicine.
Some of the nurses were quite nice, others were rude and completely insensitive.
4 IUI, 1 IVF, Egg Freezing
4 IUI, 1 IVF, Egg Freezing
Dr Casson and the team at Northeastern Reproductive Medicine were all wonderful. from the ease of making appointments, to the friendliness of the entire staff, it made our difficult journey a bit easier. We worked with Dr. Casson for over a year and went through many different protocols and procedures to achieve our goal. We are currently pregnant with twins and owe so much credit to the encouragement and hope from Dr Casson.
Monique and Nicole