Northern California Fertility Medical Center

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing: OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
1130 Conroy Lane
Roseville, CA 95661
1111 Exposition Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95815
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Northern California Fertility Medical Center to a friend?
Each iui was about $1200 with my insurance covering a little of the dr visits.....the clinic [Northern CA Fertility Med Ctr] is always clean in the waiting room. i think that they need to work on cleanliness in the back too. I have been in for a lot of ultra sounds and the first two times i was there i got something wet on my feet at the bottom of the table.... my prescriptions were not sent in twice and my iui was canceled without any explanation...
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
the clinic is always clean in the waiting room. i think that they need to work on cleanliness in the back too. I have been in for a lot of ultra sounds and the first two times i was there i got something wet on my feet at the bottom of the table. The third time there was a puddle of lube at the end of the table. i am displeased with the call backs too. There have been multiple times when i call and do not hear back within two days.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sahar Stephens at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
Dr. Stephens was very nice but i hated that she was technically my dr but didn't do any of my iui"s and i only saw her twice in the five month span only because i asked for an extra appointment with her. My unhappiness with my experience is mostly with ncfmc not Dr. Stephens.
i was very disappointed in the call back time and how prepared she was for our conversation. i thought it was very cold and that wasnt what i was looking for when coming to a fertility clinic. I too cried in front of my nurse and felt a awkward period where she looked uncomfortable about it.
What specific things went wrong at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
How was your experience with Sahar Stephens at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
I thought she was very nice. I wish i was able to see her more often and she was a bigger part of my journey. We had very little interaction and i felt very awkward with her when i cried on one visit. I think we were unable to have a connection because of the lack of time between us.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sahar Stephens at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
Make sure to ask for her for every visit.
Describe the protocols Sahar Stephens used in your cycles at Northern California Fertility Medical Center and their degree of success.
We started the first two rounds with a moderate dose of clomid. Unfortunately it didn't affect my body the way it was supposed to so i did another round of clomid before both of my iuis. The third time they doubled the dose of clomid and we tried to see if that made a difference, it did not. My iui was canceled and i went in the next month for a baseline ultrasound. During that visit i was told that i had a cyst on my ovaries and needed to go on birth control for a month. I did that and went back in for another ultrasound. The cyst cleared up and i was able to start injections. The injections worked and we did one more iui that was also unsuccessful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sahar Stephens at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Each iui was about $1200 with my insurance covering a little of the dr visits.
Roseville
I really liked how they [No Cal Fert Med Ctr] have very specialized professionals to discuss all needs regarding your care and if they don't know the answer they are not afraid to say they don't know, will find out and do call you with the findings....the nursing staff is amazing, super nice and caring. They also are available to answer any and all questions you might have... Dr. Stephens and all the doctors are open and willing to answer every and all questions.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
I really liked how they have very specialized professionals to discuss all needs regarding your care and if they don't know the answer they are not afraid to say they don't know, will find out and do call you with the findings.
Our first visit was one filled with anxiety, you already know you cannot conceive on your own and now you are trying to find out if IVF can be a solution. With Dr. Stephens we were not having a discussion on clinical facts, instead we sat down had a very personable conversation while discussing options and facts. She took all the anxiety away and allowed my husband and I to walk away with hopes for a reality of having a baby while managing expectations.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Dottie )
Dr. Stephens and Dr. Murray are the primary providers overseeing my treatments and both are AMAZING. I have felt very comfortable with both and they have walked me through every step along with answering every question I have. I could not have asked for better physicians during this process.
Relax! Do your research as to better educate yourself about fertility procedures which makes for a better patient, but don't assume you know anything and don't be afraid to ask any questions. Dr. Stephens and all the doctors are open and willing to answer every and all questions.
Antagonist IVF Cycle all freeze due to PGS - 225 iu Gonal-f for 10 days, 75 iu Menopur for 10 days, Cetrotide 5 days, Ovidrel 10,000. ICSI, PGS. We have male factor infertility and undefined cause for myself. We opted to go with PGS due to our ages (Husband 44, I am 37) and after additional discussion with Dr. Stephens looking at all possible pros and cons we chose genetic testing and single embryo transfers for highest percentage of results.
I am fortunate and my insurance did cover 50% of IVF treatment, and because we did a frozen transfer due to PGS, the office gave us 50% off the 1st FET. Total out of pocket so far is $14,490.75. Our upcoming 2nd FET will cost $3,900.00
Describe Sahar Stephens's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Since we did PGS it is highly recommended to only transfer one embryo, however, I also wanted the safest possible outcome for myself and our potential baby so I only wanted to do single embryo transfers.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
The staff [Northern CA Fertility Medical Ctr] are always polite and friendly. They make you feel comfortable at every visit. They always make sure to explain the prices for each cycle. There is never a long wait time for your appointments. And they try to work around your schedule for your appointments.... Dr. Murray and his team made to to check with your insurance company first to see what is covered. Then they would process they necessary treatment that is covered under your plan.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
The staff are always polite and friendly. They make you feel comfortable at every visit. They always make sure to explain the prices for each cycle. There is never a long wait time for your appointments. And they try to work around your schedule for your appointments.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Murray at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
Dr. Murray is a very kind provider. He has wonderful bedside manners. He listens to your concerns, and he always explains your best opinions depending on your issue.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Kayla Johnson)
Kayla was a very compassionate person, she made sure that I understood the treatment and always follow up on my emails or calls when ever I had a question.
How was your experience with Michael Murray at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
Dr. Murray was very straight forward with me and my Diagnoses, he explained everything in detail and give me many opinions. Once I decided to move forward and have my left tube removed. He was very proactive on make sure that he gave me all the information on the process. After the surgery he evaluated me and then told me I was fine to start fertility treatment soon after.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Murray at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
Please be sure to bring in all medical records from your previous providers. This was very helpful for me, and it make the process much faster and smoother.
Describe the protocols Michael Murray used in your cycles at Northern California Fertility Medical Center and their degree of success.
After my laparoscopy surgery to have my left tube removed. Dr. Murray stated that since I was able to get pregnant on my own in the pass, he felt like our best and cheapest opinion would be to do time intercourse with 100mg of clomid for 5days and 75iu of Gonal-F injections for another 5days. The results were I responded well to the medication. I made 4 eggs, but they were all on the side without a tube. So Dr. Murruy was very straight forward and told me that he did not think we would get pregnant with our first cycle
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Murray at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
I am unsure, due to the fact that I never add up the total cost. Dr. Murray and his team made to to check with your insurance company first to see what is covered. Then they would process they necessary treatment that is covered under your plan. Anything like labs and surgery related thing should be covered by most insurance company. My timed intercourse was not covered to I think I spent like $600 on the medication and another $1000 on the cycle for office visits and ultrasounds.
Sacramento
If i were a new patient [at N CA Fertility Med Ctr-Roseville] i would want to be aware that the providers are on cycles throughout the month. Seeing one provider may not mean you will have a procedure again with them. They rotate to allow coverage of weekends and holidays. Dr doblado only preformed one of the IUI’s and others filled in for him when needed... I first started with 50mg of Clomid and trigger shots called Lupron. We did this for 2 months and unfortunately i only grew 1 follicle each time.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
If i were a new patient i would want to be aware that the providers are on cycles throughout the month. Seeing one provider may not mean you will have a procedure again with them. They rotate to allow coverage of weekends and holidays. Dr doblado only preformed one of the IUI’s and others filled in for him when needed.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Manuel Doblado at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
A lot of the time Dr. Doblado helped me with my need of accommodation. My husband and i both Work a lot and coming in at the drop of a hat was hard. Dr doblado helped accommodate our needs by getting us in later and earlier than the regular clinic would allow. And for that i am greatful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Courtney)
The medical assistants are a little rough and not very compassionate. I don’t think they understand that we are women on hormones and failed pregnancies and attempts are devastating. I felt like hearded cattle, once i got through the gate of IVF a whole new approach came forth. The nurses are amazing and compassionate. I completely feel at home here.
How was your experience with Manuel Doblado at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
Every office visit was thorough and he helped me understand fertility treatments because there so confusing and I’m in the medical field! His bedside was awesome, he was compassionate and understanding. Not all families have a 9-5 and some tweaking may be needed to help every lady become a mother.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Manuel Doblado at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
I would suggest to have the patient ask as many questions as possible because there is a lot of big words and names that you might not fully grasp unless you ask what exactly for instance the difference between IUI and IVF is or a compounded medication versus a brand name.
Describe the protocols Manuel Doblado used in your cycles at Northern California Fertility Medical Center and their degree of success.
I first started with 50mg of Clomid and trigger shots called Lupron. We did this for 2 months and unfortunately i only grew 1 follicle each time. So after the trigger injection we would proceed with the IUI and then wait two weeks. Unfortunately that didn’t result in pregnancy so we increased the Clomid to 100 and still 1 follicle and no Pregnancy. Today we are in the process of IVF And i have just started birth control and will start injections in 3 weeks.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Manuel Doblado at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
1200 per IUI 13,000 per IVF including meds
Describe Manuel Doblado's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
I would like to do multiple embryo transfers, but according to Dr. Doblado my chances of just doing one are over 70% accounting for my age. Therefore i believe and trust in him for a positive result with just one.
Manuel Doblado
2 IUI, IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
I think it is important to know that you will see various doctors during your treatment because they are extremely busy! That being said, we have loved everyone we have seen so far and they are all extremely nice. Our nurse is amazing and we always see her which helps personalize our experience. They are very good about returning phone calls so make sure you leave detailed messages!...I cannot describe how amazing Alyssa is. She is on top of everything at all times!
2 IUI, IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
We have so appreciated Dr. Doblado's attention to our unique situation. He has been kind from the start and listened to me when I explained my concerns and went through vast amounts of research with me in order to put me at ease. He has a great bedside manner and was ready to take action as soon as we were.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Alyssa)
I cannot describe how amazing Alyssa is. She is on top of everything at all times! She always calls back the same day and if she isn't there I get a call back from her colleague because she checks voicemails from home! She has worked with me on donated meds and with the pharmacies to find the cheapest options possible and was so thorough explaining injections. When I was worried about my low baseline AFC she immediately told me that it was a great number and not to panic before I could even say anything! She can read how I'm feeling and she makes sure my husband and I fully understand what is going on during the process. Seriously she is an actual angel!
So far Dr. Doblado has been amazing. He is a younger doctor which means he cares a lot about being up to date on the newest findings and studies. He respected my knowledge and treated my concerns with statistical evidence and reassurance. He is quick to respond with any questions we have.
I would say to make sure that you ask any questions you have and don't be shy! He is a wealth of information and understands how difficult this process is.
We are on an antagonist protocol-75 iu of Menopur, 200 iu of Gonal F and then cetrotide will be added along with a lupron/hcg trigger. I have my first scan tomorrow and am hoping for beautiful results! He said that I am young with good eggs so they don't want to risk overstimulating me and having me end up with OHSS.
The cycle fee was contracted through my insurance at $4,000, Embryo Cryopreservation is $800, and FET is $3,300.
He is very firm on only transferring one embryo. He showed me a lot of data supporting that twin pregnancies are riskier and for a woman my age there is a good chance that transferring only one will work.
Manuel Doblado
Other, Unexplained
The people who draw blood [No Cal Fert Med Ctr] need more training....going to this clinic every other day to get monitoring labs done during a cycle is no fun when they stick me multiple times...Courtney isn't a bubbly/exciting personality, but she knows what she's doing and is helpful when you need it....I have no insurance coverage and fees are about $12250 which includes a cash discount.... Dr. Murray is a trustworthy, intelligent doctor.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
The people who draw blood need more training. I know I'm not an easy stick, but when I go to Quest Labs, they have no trouble. So going to this clinic every other day to get monitoring labs done during a cycle is no fun when they stick me multiple times, make me chug water, use heat compresses, rub my skin VERY hard, dig around in my wrists for veins, and still can't get it.
He's a somewhat dry personality, but he treated us respectfully and thoughtfully answered all our questions
Courtney isn't a bubbly/exciting personality, but she knows what she's doing and is helpful when you need it. If you're looking for a cheerleader nurse, she's probably not the one for you.
Dr. Murray is a trustworthy, intelligent doctor. I felt confident in his understanding of our genetic issue and his protocol recommendation. He was open to all our questions and didn't make us feel bad for asking simple questions. He was also great at getting deeper into details when we asked more scientific questions. He's compassionate and caring even though he may come off a little dry at first.
Don't be afraid to ask questions- he'll give you answers
Due to my genetic condition, we wanted to get as many eggs retrieved as possible without overstimulating. My prep cycle consisted of 19 days of birth control pills. Stim protocol started with 300IU Gonal-F and 75IU menopur at night for 5 days. on 6th day, menopur was doubled to 150IU. Continued for 11 days. Days 6-11 did Cetrotide in a.m.. Leoprolide and HCG triggers. Retreived 11 eggs (had hoped for 15+ based on prelim scans from month earlier). 10 were mature, 6 fertilized, 4 were sent for PGS. 3 came back abnormal but not due to the same chromosomes in my translocation, and 4th embryo is unknown so it may get retested after our next IVF cycle depending on those results.
For my first cycle, I had partial insurance coverage, so my clinic fees were about $7500. For the 2nd cycle I'm starting now, I have no insurance coverage and fees are about $12250 which includes a cash discount.
Describe Michael Murray's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
N/A so far
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
It’s an interesting concept at NCFMC, you don’t see your own doctor very often... Strengths- upfront about costs, close to my home, open everyday of the year, no batch testing or retrievals, on time with everything, very courteous front desk staff. Weaknesses- old interior, smaller office, can get backed up, hard to actually contact the doctors on the phone... As active duty military we paid 6800 for the retrieval, and 1650 for the FET.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Dr. Stephens is really personable and really takes the time to make sure you understand every step that will take place, and that you are comfortable with the decisions and process. She understands how emotionally taxing this process can be, and is very down to earth.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Courtney )
My nurse coordinator Courtney is well organized and keeps in good contact with you. The nursing staff is nice enough, but like everywhere there are good and bad ones. Some are good at blood draws, some aren’t.
It’s an interesting concept at NCFMC, you don’t see your own doctor very often, and are treated by a team of doctors. Dr Stephens is personable and easy to talk to. I’ve mostly seen her for consultations and follow up appts, and she did my retrieval. As a patient, I always feel like I know what’s going to happen and what to expect which is a difficult thing in the fertility world. She answers her calls and emails in a timely matter, and is always willing to explain herself and why she feels a certain protocol is right for you.
Don’t expect to see her at every appt.
I was put on the average retrieval and ivf track for my first round. I did letrozole, gonal-F, menopur, centroide, and was triggered with hcg before my retrieval. That all went as predicted and we ended up with 9 frozen embryos. My transfer cycle started as a stimulated cycle, with letrozole and gonal-F with estrogen suppositories, but my ovaries did not want to cooperate and I was switched over to a replacement cycle to include PIO and estrogen injections, as well as combination suppositories. They transferred a 5 day AB embryo. Unfortunately while the embryo implanted, it ended in an early miscarriage.
As active duty military we paid 6800 for the retrieval, and 1650 for the FET. Medications cost about 4000 altogether
I was apprehensive about this. I wanted to transfer 2, but she wanted to do 1. We decided that this first transfer we would do one, but try two next time. She is worried about the chance of miscarriage and multiples.
Roseville
This clinic [No Cal Fert Med Ctr] is very professional and clean. The place has very sweet staff in the front and always make sure no one else can hear your conversations. They are very prompt and fast to get you in and going...They [nurses] were very prompt with responses...We were self pay so when it was letrazole it was pay as you go so it was like 1400 and when we switched to injectables it was a global fee of 1900 plus medication
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
This clinic is very professional and clean. The place has very sweet staff in the front and always make sure no one else can hear your conversations. They are very prompt and fast to get you in and going
I felt like a human with dr Murray. He is compassionate and understanding. Very truthful but sweet at the same time. He knows we all are there for the same reason to have a baby and he wants to try to make it possible
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Yes Kayla )
They were very prompt with responses
Dr Murray was the dr on duty when we went in for our iui that resulted in our beautiful daughter. After 6 months we decided we wanted to try for baby number 2 and went back to see him. He ordered the right test and gave us a plan. After our HSG we were informed by him through a phone call that one of my tubes are closed before my daughter both were open. So because of a infection during labor caused it to close. I was devastated but he reassured me it will happen still it might take some time and he will make some adjustments to the cycles medicine to help out. He is a really caring man
Go in with a open mind and expect nothing but the best advise and information.
For our daughter it was letrazole 2.5 mg for 5 days and entrace after. Progesterone after iui. Ttc#2 I was started one 2.5 letrazole and then second one upped to 5mg the third to 10mg and the fourth injectables with clomid 100mg final-f 150mg and same for 5th and 6th
Roseville
The clinic [Northern California Fertility Med Ctr] is amazing. They are very clean and when you walk into the clinic it looks like a home. They have couches to sit on and magazines to read. As a new patient it is amazing how they treat you and hear you out.... I didn’t really talk to the nurses. Every time I would call them they don’t answer and so when I would leave voicemails they don’t call back. Even when I emailed them it takes forever for someone to respond back.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
The clinic is amazing. They are very clean and when you walk into the clinic it looks like a home. They have couches to sit on and magazines to read. As a new patient it is amazing how they treat you and hear you out. They go over everything with you and tell you what to expect as far as needing IUI or IVF.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Gould at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
Dr. Gould treated us like if we were family. He was understanding and caring about our situation.
How was your experience with John Gould at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
When we first seen Dr.Gould we didn’t know what to expect. He was so friendly and caring. He showed sympathy in our situation and we are going through. From the beginning he was honest about what the outcome could be if my husbands semen analysis came back low. As soon as the results came back he contacted us right away and gave us a full detailed explanation. As of right now we have to do IVF. We were told that things might change after the second analysis is done but they cannot guarantee it.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Gould at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
Always stay positive because there is a light under the tunnel.
Describe the protocols John Gould used in your cycles at Northern California Fertility Medical Center and their degree of success.
Dr. Gould has not used treatment on us. He told us that because my husbands lab work came back good he cannot prescribe him anything and the only option for us is IVF treatment. He could not explain why my husband is producing low sperm and said that’s just the way his body is functioning. We cannot afford IVF and all I can do is pray for a miracle and win this IVF treatment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Gould at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
For my initial visit with Dr.Lovely I paid $112 and when my husband seen Dr.Gould he paid $87. The semen analysis was roughly around $12 dollars and for the repeat analysis it will be $50 dollars. IVF treatment will be $13,000 out of pocket but we don’t have that yet so we are unable to do it. I really hope that we are selected for the IVF giveaway
Roseville
The nurses [No Cal Fert Med Ctr] have always been very nice and compassionate with every interaction... Strengths: Excellent team and facility. Doctors are Nurses are all very highly reviewed and know what they are doing. Weaknesses: At the beginning, we were off-put feeling like we were "just a number" with the clinic. However, I do not believe we accurately judged them at the beginning and they are just very busy with countless patients coming in each day.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Dr Gould is great about having open and honest conversations with you about male factor infertility and what can be done about it (not much a lot of the time). However, he has been very responsive and candid about outcomes from various SAs I have taken and what our probabilities were for success. I have very much appreciated my care under him.
The nurses have always been very nice and compassionate with every interaction (especially the awkward ones of coming in for a SA).
Very knowledgeable and responsive. Always calls with results the second he has them whether it be on weekends etc. I have always felt like a priority and not just a number. He has always made my wife and I feel very comfortable especially in the awkward field to talk about such as infertility.
Be prepared for a lot of hypothetical answers to situations. If you are a borderline male factor, such as myself, medical science has only come so far in this field so there aren't definite answers to being able to improve certain aspects of your semen.
He worked in tandem with my wife's doctors as well to devise plans moving forward including repeat SAs for myself, trying different things to see if numbers improved. He suggested IUI as a good course of action for us as well. Unfortunately, after two failed rounds of IUI, we decided to move onto IVF.
Standard and in line with my insurance costs for seeing a specialist
Describe John Gould's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
No comments were made
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
The nursing staff [at Northern California Fertility Medical Center] was very good and they always showed very good compassion and every time I had a question they would contact me within an hour and always have the answer for me...I wouldn't really say that the clinic had any weaknesses because they are a very good Clinic and they care very much about their patients the good thing about them is that they make you feel really good about yourself and then make you feel like you can do it and they make you also feel like a baby will come your way
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laurie Lovely at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
She made me feel like a human because she treated me like a friend and she also gave me the bad news in a very great way she never made me feel bad or she never made me feel that I couldn't do it she always had very much faith in me and I feel so grateful for her
The nursing staff was very good and they always showed very good compassion and every time I had a question they would contact me within an hour and always have the answer for me
How was your experience with Laurie Lovely at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
I just feel like if I would had the money I would have been able to get pregnant she was so much help and I know she tried very hard for me and my husband to get the loan but you need very good credit to get the loan and our credit isn't so great but I just know that if I would have gotten it she would have got me what I wanted
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laurie Lovely at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
I highly recommend you see doctor lovely only because she will make you feel at home and she will make you feel like anything is possible if you just try hard enough
Describe the protocols Laurie Lovely used in your cycles at Northern California Fertility Medical Center and their degree of success.
She had me go get an hsg and that's when it showed that I had one blocked tube and when we found that out she gave me some fertility medicine to make me ovulate and she was hoping for me to get an IUI but never really got to it so now I am just waiting to actually have enough money to get one
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laurie Lovely at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
I did have to pay $80 per visit but it was only because I didn't have any insurance besides medical and Medicaid does not cover fertility treatment but other than that my spouse did have insurance so his covered most of his appointments but other than that it was all worth paying
Describe Laurie Lovely's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
We never really bought it up in our conversations
Roseville
Their [No Cal Fert Med Ctr] front desk in the past has always felt very cold and business like, but they have recently got new front deak employees who are much more pleasant and welcoming. Sometimes in general you feel like a body just being pushed through the line based on you see so many different doctors while going theough the iui and ivf process....Some of the sperm count numbers would come back different on the day of iui in comparison to what it said on the patient portal. Maybe it was lack of communication in interpreting those results but sometimes we were left comfused as to what the actual count was
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Their front desk in the past has always felt very cold and business like, but they have recently got new front deak employees who are much more pleasant and welcoming. Sometimes in general you feel like a body just being pushed through the line based on you see so many different doctors while going theough the iui and ivf process. I understand the time urgency with these procedures bit it would be nice to see more of the doctor who is handling your specific case.
She was very nurtouring when talking and i felt that she was very real with the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Courtney Swanson)
My nurse coordinator was grat. She always resoonded very quickly to my questions both through phone and email, and i felt very comfortable with her
Very compassionate doctor. Since she was the only one i went through for our ivf i can not really compare how good or bad she was because i have nothing as far as other doctors to compare her to. I was happy with her as an informative doctor just disappointed in the outcome
Go over all different sinerios that could arise while going theough hormone injections
Tried 2 iui’s with clomid, forst was very low dose, second was a normal dose from talking to orher wmen. Both iui’s unsuccessful. Then moved on to ivf. Hormone levels where very high through my injection process resulting in not being able to be given the proper dose of hcg which could have effected the eggg quality and possibly why so many did not get to blast. Ended up switching from a fresh transfer to a freeze all because of high hormone levels. Tranfered two eggs both in which neither of them took.
Insurance covered 50% of iui’s so we paid about 1,000 for two consecutive iuis. Ivf was around 12,000 for egg retrieval and transfer plus an additional 800 for having to change to a freeze all. None of the hormones where covered and that was an additional 4,000
Roseville
The office [No Cal Fert Med Ctr] is old and the surgical area in particular could use some updating. It was very crowded and I felt this area didn't have a done of privacy. The privacy aspect doesn't apply to the rest of the clinic. The finance person is responsive, which I haven't responded at other clinics. The doctors rotate so you likely won't see your doctor at every appointment....Dottie is amazing! Responsive, accommodating, and is the only nurse I want to work with at this clinic.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
The office is old and the surgical area in particular could use some updating. It was very crowded and I felt this area didn't have a done of privacy. The privacy aspect doesn't apply to the rest of the clinic. The finance person is responsive, which I haven't responded at other clinics. The doctors rotate so you likely won't see your doctor at every appointment.
Dr. Murray and his office were very responsive and also accommodating to our situation. We had to drive ~2 hours to see them and they adjusted our appointment times to work with our schedules, which we appreciated. He was also very realistic with expectations and took time to answer all of our questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Dottie)
My favorite thing about Dr. Murray is that he didn't brush off our questions about various treatment options. Instead, he brought up various research, printed it out and highlighted areas that addressed our questions, which I appreciated. Additionally, he was very upfront about our options and still worked with us for a final cycle using my eggs eventhough it likely wasn't going to be successful. Afterwards (and before), he gently yet candidly had a conversation with us regarding donor eggs vs. adoption vs. my eggs.
Come prepared with your questions and be open to challenging him; he responds well and addresses your concerns in a thoughtful manner.
I get my protocol confused with other cycles but the plan was to use ICSI and skip PGS testing. Dr. Murray (and team) adjusted my protocol as I did not respond and we ended up cancelling the transfer.
Insurance picked up some costs, I believe it was ~$15k without insurance
At my age (40+) he seemed open to a multiple embryo transfer
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Because of the structure of the facility you see which every doctor is on duty for that days schedule. I would have liked to seen my assigned doctor more during the ultra sounds and check ups. But overall the staff if very pleasant and helpful...I selected financing through ARC there was a set price for the treatment plan with NCFMC it was very detailed and easy to understand...The nursing staff was very compassionate and kind
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Dr. Lovely is very personable. She gives you the information in a way that makes it easier to understand and handle. She is very supportive and encouraging.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Alyssa )
The nursing staff was very compassionate and kind
Dr. Lovely is very honest in her opinion of your individual situation I believe. She is very compassionate to the struggle and emotional toll treatment takes on you during treatment. She is very encouraging and informative. I original saw Dr. Lovely for a consultation when she was at California IVF and when I decided to proceed with IVF away from Kaiser I specifically decided to go to NCFMC to be seen by Dr. Lovely. She was also recommended by my treating doctor at Kaiser.
Listen and trust in her guidance.
Dr. Lovely gave me two plans to decide on. One plan was using my own eggs with that plan we were to remove my eggs now due to my age and my low AMH number. Then we would freeze the embryo's and have them PGS tested. She wanted me to lose some weight that I had gained from treatment I had received at Kaiser for polyps on my Uterus. When I was given the all clear by Kaiser we proceeded with IVF treatment. I was give the maximum dosage of medicine due to my poor response during my IUI treatments with Kaiser. Unfortunately I did not respond well, while we thought there were possibly 7 good follicles they were only able to retrieve 3 eggs. One egg wasn't mature, one didn't fertilize. The third egg looked beautiful on the 5th day, but unfortunately during the PGS testing we discovered it had to many chromosomes and would not produce a baby. I'll be meeting with Dr. Lovely for my follow appointment to discuss using an Egg Donor.
I selected financing through ARC there was a set price for the treatment plan with NCFMC it was very detailed and easy to understand. The cost including medication was $20k the only cost I had to pay outside of that was for the sperm and PGS testing which was $3800 together.
I don't have any comments on this section because I did not get this far. However. Dr. Lovely and I did discuss that if I had multiple embryos that made it past the PGS testing we would only transfer a single embryo because it would have a higher chance of being successful. I was in agreement with that because I know that twins poses a much higher risk.
Roseville
Joann is my current nurse coordinator [at Northern CA Med] but she is newly assigned to me. I have had several coordinators in the 5 months we've been at the clinic. My current nurse coordinator has been very communicative and helpful...Overwhelmingly, they have been very professional and helpful but we did have disappointing a mix up early on in our treatments. At one point I left a message letting the clinic know I had ovulated (according to my predictor kit) but they didn't return my call for over 24 hours.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
The clinic is well organized with friendly staff. Because the five or so clinic doctors share cases, you never know who will be seeing you. That may be off-putting for some but it doesn't bother me. The ambiance leaves a little to be desired but that isn't really important.
Dr. Stevens and the entire team at Norther California Medical Fertility Clinic has been helpful, positive, and generally reassuring. I am now on my 3rd IUI treatment and I hope for a positive result this round!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Joanne)
Joann is my current nurse coordinator but she is newly assigned to me. I have had several coordinators in the 5 months we've been at the clinic. My current nurse coordinator has been very communicative and helpful.
Dr. Stephens has been cheerful, optimistic, realistic, and helpful. We were all hoping to see a positive result last round but she readjusted my meds and we are continue to "trouble shoot" with hopes of a positive result soon. All in all, I feel pretty comfortable with her.
I would advise potential patients to get a clear picture of the treatment schedule and the financial plan. This is not an inexpensive endeavor so prospective patients should look into financial aid if needed -- hence, my current grant pursuit.
1) Clomid (1 pill per day) and Estrace (2 pills per day), and IUI. Only had 1 follicle so we upped it. 2) Clomid (3 pills per day) and planned IUI but had to cancel due to a cycle calculation/scheduling error Had 1 follicle but we made a mistake with the cycle scheduling so had to cancel our scheduled IUI procedures that month. 3) Clomid (3 pills), Gonal F at 75 units, IUI. TWO follicles but a BFN. 4)Clomid (3 pills), Gonal F at 75 units, IUI. Two follicles again but BFN. 5) Clomid (3 pills), Estrace (2 per day), Gonal F at 125 units (only 4 days). 1 follicle . . .
Round 1 with clomid and estrace ran $1800 with meds, round 2 was $800 because we had to cancel it. Rounds 3 and 4 with Gonal F and IUI ran about $2300 each. This current round is running about $3000. All in all, we have spent about $10K with treatments and meds.
We haven't taken this step yet but we may be headed down that road.
Roseville
[N. CA Fertility Medical Center is] Clean and organized but there were a few times they were running late with their schedule and I had to wait. But if that means they were giving quality empathetic care to all of their patients, I would not have them give that up for me to be seen on time.... All the nursing staff were fantastic: warm, friendly, understanding, and hopeful. I did not have any bad interactions with the nursing staff.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Dr. Stephens was very warm to talk to and always explained treatment, diagnosis, and odds to a level my partner and I could easily understand. She was always realistic in expectations of procedures. She listened to us and gave us choices to enable us to have a part in directing our care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Dotty)
I love this doctor. She is very nice, intelligent, and portrays an understanding of the emotional aspect of going through infertility. She always explained all testing and treatment options to us. I would recommend her 100%.
Feel free to ask her about anything. She will never hurry you and will always give a direct comprehendable response.
We were diagnosed as unexplained infertility after routine infertility lab tests were performed. We did 4 rounds of IUI: 3 with clomid and 1 with injections. All 4 ended in negative pregnancies. Since IUIs were not working, Dr. Stephens gave us a choice of continuing with the IUIs or going to IVF; she explained to us that the rates of success after 3-4 failed IUIs declines so we chose to move forward with IVF. We had 8 embryos to start with. We were going to do a fresh transfer of 1 embryo (she recommended transferring just 1 because of our unexplained infertility diagnosis and we are young - we were totally on board with that plan) but my estrogen levels were a little bit elevated after the egg retrieval and she told us there was less of a chance of the embryo implanting with my hormone levels being off. She gave us the option and we decided to do a freeze all. We were able to freeze 6 embryos (2 of them were not high enough quality to freeze). It was another few months before we could attempt a frozen transfer due to my cycles being off and the lab being closed for cleaning during the holidays. When it came time to do the frozen transfer, she planned for me to ovulate so that my body could create its own corpus luteum to produce my own progesterone so I wouldn’t have to do the progesterone in oil shots. I became pregnant upon the first embryo transfer, was released to my regular OB after viable pregnancy was confirmed with seeing a fetal pole and heartbeat on ultrasound. I carried that baby to term and was able to deliver vaginally.
I can’t recall specifics but I believe the IUIs were between $800-$1000 each and the IVF procedures were just under $10,000. My insurance covered most medications for all procedures
I am really happy she gave us this option so my pregnancy was less high risk with 1 baby and chance of needing a c-section was lowered. I felt I was able to enjoy my pregnancy and not worry about all the high risk issues that come with having twins/multiples.
2 IVF, 6 Embryo Freezing
You walk into the clinic [No Cal Fert Med Ctr] and IMMEDIATELY feel like family! The compassion and care in everyone’s voice makes it feel like family! The office is very good at being on time with appointments. Only a couple times were they running behind. And by behind i mean no more then 10 minutes. Their organization and time management was great!...The nurses are angels! They are the ones who keeps us positive, keeping us on track and being there st any given minute
2 IVF, 6 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
I remember first pulling up to the clinic and it not being what I pictured. I imagined this new multi story modern building. It was nothing like that. Although it was a nice area and building i remember thinking don’t judge a book by its cover. You walk into the clinic and IMMEDIATELY feel like family! The compassion and care in everyone’s voice makes it feel like family! The office is very good at being on time with appointments. Only a couple times were they running behind. And by behind i mean no more then 10 minutes. Their organization and time management was great!
I’ll be honest just starting to try to write a review not only on Dr. Murray but in the entire clinic makes me tear up! Dr. Murray is one of the most patient, optimistic but realist people i have had the honor of meeting! He took the time to talk with me and answer my questions or ease my concerns if it was via phone, email or in person! Dr. Murray and this entire clinic are 5 stars in my book!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Susan and Courtney )
The nurses are angels! They are the ones who keeps us positive, keeping us on track and being there st any given minute! I can’t even begin to explain what all those people mean to me! They were excellent!
Dr. Murray is a rare person. His compassion for what my husband and I were going through is something I will never forget! He was realistic about our situation and always answered ALL of my questions! I know we can typically find weakness in ourselves however for Dr. Murray I find no weakness’ and thank God everyday that I was referred to him!
To stay positive as this is a rough journey however if you are questioning anything or feeling off, reach out to Dr. Murray. He will do everything in his power to put you at ease!
We had to have two full cycles as our first cycle ended with us losing all of our embryos. We had a healthy baby boy but had to start the process over to have another. The time difference between the two treatments was only 2 years. My treatments were pretty different as for my medication plan. I was so confused why it was so i reached out to my Nurse who advised me I could email Dr. Murray directly so he could explain why it was different. He kindly mentioned i had birthday that occurred (this made me laugh knowing age is a battle with infertility) and also how science had taught them more in the last two years. Not only was my medication treatment different they also did the growing and freezing different from the first time. The second time we grew all of our embryos freezing them at a 5 day stage so we knew all of our grades. We now have 7 frozen! I appreciated Dr. Murray and the clinics drive to educated themselves constantly to give us all a better shot at having a family!
For IVF with ICSI, medications, any pre testing and fuel it was a total of around $17,000.00
2012 - 2017
Dottie [at Northern California Fertility Medical Center] is the most compassionate nurse. She is optimistic. Sometimes she is a little disorganized, but I believe that is because she has so many patients that she cares about. She always eventually get you what you need. She is most thorough in explaining your medications, when to take them, how to administer them, and always calls you back within the day even if it's late at night.
2012 - 2017
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
This clinic seems very on top of the latest tests etc. They are optimistic yet realistic. They advise you and don't lecture you. They sometimes run late , But having been an emergency appointment I have compassion for them needing some flexibility in their schedule due to the nature of their practice.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carlos Soto-Albors at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
He was very encouraging and yet realistic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Dottie Rowell)
Dottie is the most compassionate nurse. She is optimistic. Sometimes she is a little disorganized, but I believe that is because she has so many patients that she cares about. She always eventually get you what you need. She is most thorough in explaining your medications, when to take them, how to administer them, and always calls you back within the day even if it's late at night.
How was your experience with Carlos Soto-Albors at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
Dr. Soto was very informative. He precisely described what was going to happen during each cycle. He was compassionate yet realistic. He worked very hard to try to figure out why we were experiencing Reocurrent miscarriages. Even though we have not found a cause he continues to provide good care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carlos Soto-Albors at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
He is not going to hold your hand but he is very good at what he does. He will answer all questions you ask.
Describe the protocols Carlos Soto-Albors used in your cycles at Northern California Fertility Medical Center and their degree of success.
Due to our reoccurant miscarriages, Dr. Soto attempted various strategies to maintain pregnancies. For example, he prescribed for progesterone suppositories at one point because nothing else was working even though I didn't show a need for them in blood tests.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carlos Soto-Albors at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Cost would vary depending on what was going on in each cycle. Plus my insurance picked up some, although no prescription injectable medications.
Describe Carlos Soto-Albors's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Not applicable
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Our nurse coordinator [Northern California Fertility Medical Ctr] and we had had a little bit of friction at first because of the stress levels, but finally were able to get adjusted well to each other. The other nurses (we only worked with each one once or twice) were great, and there were a couple of nurses that were very optimistic and positive....The embryologists were really nice and good; it was obvious, looking in retrospect, that the whole team knew what they were doing.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
I had heard rumors that there was a bit of success associated with this particular clinic; for us, the same was very much true. I had a couple of doctors tell us that because of the problems with my sperm, we HAD to have donor sperm present (adding to the stress, though I can understand the motivation behind it; they wanted to make sure that the cycle was a success). The embryologists were really nice and good; it was obvious, looking in retrospect, that the whole team knew what they were doing.
I went in to IVF thinking it would take just a short time...but when things went for a couple of months, I got impatient, and not knowing what was going on, felt alone. Also, while the main focus was on my wife, I felt like other than some of the doctors pointing out my problems, that I was invisible (a couple of the doctors, but there were also some nice ones that boosted my confidence). When the end result came under the care of Dr. Soto-Albors, things had actually worked out really well, and because of him, my wife and I now have a son that we enjoy every day with. So while the process was stressful, the results were awesome.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Can't remember)
Our nurse coordinator and we had had a little bit of friction at first because of the stress levels, but finally were able to get adjusted well to each other. The other nurses (we only worked with each one once or twice) were great, and there were a couple of nurses that were very optimistic and positive.
He was quiet, and sometimes I wished he would talk more or explain more. We pretty well went along with the flow (although not understanding just where that flow was going or why things were being done). It wasn't until after egg retrieval happened that we started to understand what was going on.
To ask questions, and urge the doctors to explain what everything is and why they're doing what they're doing (like making med changes).
Not really sure what kind of protocol was used; we were never told. Follistim was used, some Estrace, Ganirelix, Progesterone in oil (was later changed to Crinone due to allergic reaction). After all was said and done, 27 mature eggs were produced, 24 had been fertilized via ICSI, and 5 of those embryos made it to day 5. We miscarried one of the twins, but the other was born full term and without any problems.
Ultrasounds were something like $300 apiece (and there were quite a few), we spent about $5000 on meds, two of my operations cost around $1500. As for the actual IVF, we spent about $20,000 on all that.
He actually asked for our input on this one, and when we said two, he then revealed that he had also been thinking two as well.
Roseville
EVEEYONE WAS AMAZING! I had one nurse who volunteered to come to my work at 10pm to come give me my last (BIG) shot because I was scared I couldn’t do it. The process is stressful, but I always felt so at ease with the staff [Northern CA Fert Med Ctr], like they were family....Getting in might take a couple weeks, but once the process starts it is quick and you RARELY have to wait to be seen for appointments.... I believe they only schedule a certain amount of people to work with at a time instead of taking on as many patients as they can which I like.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Getting in might take a couple weeks, but once the process starts it is quick and you RARELY have to wait to be seen for appointments. I really have nothing bad to say about this clinic, I have referred numerous people and am planning on going back for baby number 2! They are super organized, friendly, professional and experienced at what they do. I could t be happier! For a new patient, make sure to clear up your schedule and talk to your employer because you will need some time off, but getting an appointment is never a problem. I believe they only schedule a certain amount of people to work with at a time instead of taking on as many patients as they can which I like. I have also seen a few of the doctors there and all of them were friendly and knowledgeable. Not one time did I feel like I wasn’t there number one priority. They also give you great advice on pharmacies and different programs available for financial assistance if you need it (let’s face it, Ive is EXPENSIVE!).
He was friendly and straightforward. Never felt like he was judging or talking down to me like some doctors. Made me feel very comfortable.
EVEEYONE WAS AMAZING! I had one nurse who volunteered to come to my work at 10pm to come give me my last (BIG) shot because I was scared I couldn’t do it. The process is stressful, but I always felt so at ease with the staff, like they were family. After we found out I was pregnant a nurse who had helped with the implantation of the embryos (I only had met her that one day) called and left a message about how happy she was and wishing us luck. They truly genuinely care!
I first saw him when my ob told me I had blocked tubes. He explained I needed them removed if I wanted to carry a baby safely (I had adhesions from a surgery I had around age 3 that we’re so bad my tubes had scar tissue and built up stuff that could harm a fetus). The news was devastating, but the whole process from surgery to eventually getting pregnant went smoother than I could ever had imagined.
Relax! He’s got it!
I don’t remember really, it all happened so fast. Had both tubes removed. Healed up, started birth control for a month, then started my injections. 3 shots daily, then one big shot at the end, egg retrieval and then implantation!
I believe we paid give or take $14,000 for the whole ivf procedure and then $3000 for medicarions? I don’t have the paperwork unfortunately for exact numbers
IVF, Surrogacy
From the moment you call to make an appointment with the staff [No Cal Fert Med Ctr] you get a feeling of reassurance that this is the place for you to grow your family. There is a sense of warmth in the tone you are greeted with! You are scheduled in a timely manner and the staff gets back to you in no time if they aren’t available...Our team was sensational! Courtney was always available for questions or concerns! She was always calm and positive which helped us from being overwhelmed!
IVF, Surrogacy
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
From the moment you call to make an appointment with the staff you get a feeling of reassurance that this is the place for you to grow your family. There is a sense of warmth in the tone you are greeted with! You are scheduled in a timely manner and the staff gets back to you in no time if they aren’t available.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Janice Andreyko at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
Dr. Andreyko was very thorough but also personable with every step along our surrogacy journey. She explained every process in detail in terms that made sense to my husband and I. When our surrogate became pregnant, she celebrated our victory with us and expressed joyous tears. She became more than just our doctor rather than a trusting friend.
How was your experience with Janice Andreyko at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
Dr. Andreyko has many years of experience in fertility treatments by the time we met her. Her knowledge in her field is impeccable along with all of the years helping others create little lives. The first time we met her we felt very comfortable and positive knowing she would be helping us achieve parenthood. She thoroughly detailed every process in a way we would understand. We would trust her many time again with fertility treatments.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Janice Andreyko at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
One piece of advice I would give to a future patient of Dr. Andreykos is to not be nervous or scared. Her positive and upbeat personality puts the nerves and fears at ease.
Describe the protocols Janice Andreyko used in your cycles at Northern California Fertility Medical Center and their degree of success.
I have MRKH. I was born without a cervix and uterus meaning I would never become pregnant. My mother offered to be a surrogate for my husband and I to have a biological child. When we met with Dr. Andreyko and all of us were deemed healthy to proceed from genetic testing to sperm analysis from my husband, we made a plan. The plan was I would begin hormone injections to prepare for the egg retrieval and my mom would begin hormone treatments as well to prepare for a fresh embryo transfer. In March 2016 we transferred two embryos to my mom who was 48 at the time. 11 days later we found out she was pregnant! Dr. Andreyko cried happy tears with us. We were so grateful for her to support us through our cycles and each step.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Janice Andreyko at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Roughly $18,000 for the entire process.
Describe Janice Andreyko's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Dr. Andreyko suggested a singleton transfer would be best in our situation because of our grade A embryos and how well our surrogates uterus responded to the hormone injections. She respected our choice of wanting to transfer two embryos though which later we were happy with our decision because it resulted in a singleton pregnancy!
Roseville
Infertility treatments are not covered by insurance so we paid out of pocket for the samples and consultation. They [No. CA Fertility] were extremely helpful in allowing us to provide a sample at a nearby sister clinic to help keep the cost lower. SA $175...[Nurses] They always return your call. Depending on the severity, they will make you a priority! I had put a call in about an upcoming trip to Mexico and even though it had been awhile since we had our consultation, they treated me as though I had just been seen and called me back within an hour of leaving a message.
Dr. Gould was very thorough and informative. When he met with my husband and I, he took the time to review both of our histories and make suggestions for me as well, even though my husband was the primary patient. He always returned our calls whenever I had more questions and actually remembered who we were.
After seeing local doctors and not having much luck, we were referred to Dr. Gould with my husband as the primary patient. He reviewed both of our previous treatments and histories and explained his plan of attack for us and what to expect. We scheduled a consultation at the No. Ca Fertility Clinic in Roseville with him and then spoke over the phone several times where he answered more questions that came up. He always returned my calls directly and remembered us. We ultimately decided to take some time off from TTC and when we were ready to pick back up, we contacted his office where he re-sent all of the follow up testing that he needed to start back with treatments and to be seen again, even after the lapse in time.
Infertility treatments are not covered by insurance so we paid out of pocket for the samples and consultation. They were extremely helpful in allowing us to provide a sample at a nearby sister clinic to help keep the cost lower. SA $175
2012 - 2015
The first time we started the whole IUI process, the doctor and all the support staff [at Northern California Fertility Medical Center] were very friendly. They responded very quickly to any questions or concerns that I called in with... We are now trying for baby #2 with dr. Murray again and are currently in IUI cycle number 2 right now.
2012 - 2015
The first time we started the whole iui process, the doctor and all the support staff were very friendly. They responded very quickly to any questions or concerns that I called in with. I got pregnant on my 3rd iui attempt and after my son was born, we actually took him in so dr Murray and the staff could meet the miracle baby they helped me and my husband get, they felt like extended family. We are now trying for baby #2 with dr. Murray again and are currently in iui cycle number 2 right now.
Dr. Murray is very kind, caring, with a funny sense of humor. He knows how stressful the process can be and will try to lighten the mood with a little joke but it never seems out of place. He talks to you in a straightforward way that makes you feel reassured
Cycle day 1 was first day of full flow period and call to let dr. Murray know Cycle day 3-7 was 100mg of Clomid daily Cycle day 8-12 was estrace (?mg) twice daily Cycle day 11 start using home ovulation kit in the morning call with a positive result If no positive result by cycle day 13, then call for next day appointment. As soon as I got a positive on the ovulation kit, called office and I had a same day appointment for an ultrasound to confirm ovulation and good follicle size. Received a trigger shot of ovidrel and iui scheduled for the next day. Day of iui, husband gave sperm sample and roughly 2hrs later was iui....another ultrasound to see if ovulation occurred. If not, then another iui was scheduled for the next day. Starting the day after the last iui start progesterone vaginal suppositories nightly. If no period shows by 17days after iui then beta hcg blood test is ordered to check for pregnancy
2013 - 2014
Our nurse coordinator [at Northern California Fertility Medical Center] had been through IVF herself and I feel this lent to her compassion and drive to provide excellent care. She was organized and always wanted to make sure we understood every part of the process and were comfortable with it. The rest of the nurses were upbeat and hard working. Great nurses.... hey were strong on education from start to finish. They understand the emotional side and were always compassionate and friendly. They have a very organized financial coordinator and my nurse knew how to get the best pricing and discounts on prescriptions.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Strengths: Wait time for my initial consult was not long. They did a thorough health evaluation of me and my husband. They were strong on education from start to finish. They understand the emotional side and were always compassionate and friendly. They have a very organized financial coordinator and my nurse knew how to get the best pricing and discounts on prescriptions. The doctors are on top of changes and advancements in their field. They'll get you there! The office is clean, nice and comfortable.
In a very clinical position he seemed very personable and determined to get us our baby! He never rushed us when we met with him and was very reassuring.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Miriam)
Our nurse coordinator had been through IVF herself and I feel this lent to her compassion and drive to provide excellent care. She was organized and always wanted to make sure we understood every part of the process and were comfortable with it. The rest of the nurses were upbeat and hard working. Great nurses.
Dr. Soto was thorough in all his testing and explanation of our results. He never spoke in terms we couldn't understand. He made me comfortable when in a very vulnerable situation. He was encouraging and determined to get us pregnant. It took a while but we have our amazing two year old son and couldn't be more happy with our treatment.
Trust in his methods and find things to do to relax yourself.
I don't recall dosages etc. We had used both gonal f and follistm with desired stim results. It was determined that after 6 failed IUI's and a past ectopic pregnancy (not under Dr. Soto's care) that my tubes may not be functioning properly. We were then encouraged to move to IVF. Both my husband and I agreed it was time. I believe we used follistm and ovidrel for IVF though I can't recall everything. We did ICSI and PGS (our decision) because of my advanced maternal age and past failed pregnancy attempts. 1st IVF - retrieval yielded 8 healthy embryos (after PGD) of which we transferred two. It failed and I feel like my body was just too taxed. For our next cycle we did an FET. I added acupuncture and felt my body was ready. We transferred two and one took bringing us our son.
We bought a package of 6 cycles through ARC. 3 fresh 3 frozen for approximately $26K (excluding meds). We paid $1600 for ICSI. PGS was paid to the outside genetic lab not NCFMC. That's all I can recall though it's not all.
Dr. Soto was very informative when it came to why he suggested we transfer two at a time. He never pressured us and left the decision up to us.
2012
The team [No Cal Fert Med Ctr] is overall a great team. Everyone is really nice. This journey is hard and talking with your nurse and building a good relationship really helps. Wait time is usually short. The price is very high and that can be hard.... had a couple different nurses over the course of my treatments. They were all extremely caring and understanding. They explained things well and were always willing to chat if I needed.
2012
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
The team is overall a great team. Everyone is really nice. This journey is hard and talking with your nurse and building a good relationship really helps. Wait time is usually short. The price is very high and that can be hard.
I felt like I was given the same plan because it was simple and common. The plan we were using wasn't working well for me. Dr Murray was in charge of my last FET and brought to my attention how I didn't respond well to Sotos plan and Murrays new plan ended in a successful pregnancy to two healthy boys.
I had a couple different nurses over the course of my treatments. They were all extremely caring and understanding. They explained things well and were always willing to chat if I needed.
I think he was a great doctor. He was nice but at the same time could be very blunt and hurtful. Experiencing miscarriages under his watch were upsetting as he didn't appear to be very caring. I didn't feel he was willing to come up with a specific plan for me and instead was continuing a general treatment plan that wasn't working well for me.
To be persistent on your needs and feelings. If you don't feel like you're a good match request a new doctor.
He used birthcontrol in most of cycles even though I didn't respond as well as I did with a more natural cycle. He wanted more control even though it didn't seem beneficial.
I originally wanted to purchase their multi-plan packages and was talked out of it. I ended up spending a lot more because of this. I was assured since I was young they didn't believe it to be necessary. I'm still not happy with this.
2009 - 2011
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Miriam was our second nurse coordinator [at Northern California Fertility Medical Center], she took over for Judy because we did not feel Judy fit well with us. We were stressed and full of anxiety by the way we were treated with Judy, but Miriam was a blessing! She cared for and comforted us with the most amazing aura. We also enjoyed Gayleen as the clinical assistant who drew my blood most of the time! She was kind, caring, and an awesome stick! Never felt her stick the needle in and she NEVER missed!!!
2009 - 2011
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
The entire staff, as a whole, is very warm & caring! They are soft and encouraging! I even go back to visit from time to time! One suggestion, maybe have separate entrance and exit...it can be difficult for those who have been struggling for sooooo long to see someone ecstatic for good news or devastated with bad news...separate entrance and exit would allow those grieving or rejoicing to do so without feeling bad about it in front of other hopeful people.
She was kind & caring.
Miriam was our second nurse coordinator, she took over for Judy because we did not feel Judy fit well with us. We were stressed and full of anxiety by the way we were treated with Judy, but Miriam was a blessing! She cared for and comforted us with the most amazing aura. We also enjoyed Gayleen as the clinical assistant who drew my blood most of the time! She was kind, caring, and an awesome stick! Never felt her stick the needle in and she NEVER missed!!!
She explained to us her expectations and what we should expect. She was a little dry and to the point, but always kind and caring. She asked us how many we wanted to transfer and we said at least two but we were toying with three. She told us she thought one would be enough, she would allow two, but gave an adamant "No" on more than two.
Just know she's not the most bubbly person, but she's good!
I don't remember everything, but I used lupron, menopure, and I forget what my trigger shot was. But I do remember my cycle with Dr. Andreyko was the same as my first, but it went one day longer than my first cycle. They lengthened it bc everything else looked great but they thought they would get a little more mature eggs and that would help. I also had progesterone shots in addition to the suppositories the second round.
$13-15k plus $800-1000 for meds/shots
Dr. A said we would most likely be successful with the transfer of one embryo, but we said we've been there, done that and wanted to transfer two!
Roseville
I’ve been extremely happy so far. With the wait times to be seen, to speaking to people on the phone. I have been happy with the care I have received here [No Cal Fert Med Ctr ] on every level. I would recommend them to my family and friends...The nurses that I met with were so compassionate and caring. She kept telling me I know this is a lot of information and made sure I understand exactly what I needed to do next
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
I’ve been extremely happy so far. With the wait times to be seen, to speaking to people on the phone. I have been happy with the care I have received here on every level. I would recommend them to my family and friends
Dr Stephens took the time to speak with me and answer any questions I have. She also suggested doing more tests to perhaps do an IUI instead of jumping straight to IVF as the first clinic I went to was going to do. She was warm to me and made me feel comfortable
She made me feel comfortable. She had a plan of action and didn’t want to just bypass and more tests and go straight to ivf like another clinic was going to do. She explained everything fully to us and she made sure we knew what to do next
To ask for dr Stephens because she was great!
I am just starting treatment. She did have a detailed plan for me to get more baseline tests done to determine whether we can/will start with an IUI or ivf. I will be getting the test done the week to determine what our plan is next
I’m still in the beginning phases. It was $225 for consultation and $180 for semen analysis
I’m not that far yet
Endometriosis, Other
The staff [at No Cal Fert Med Ctr] was so sweet to us and they already knew us by our name. Every time I called with a question or concerns there was always someone there to help us...[the nurse] She was amazing! She answered all my questions and always reassured me when I was emotional and scared....Surgery, new patient fee, IVF, PGS testing and biopsy of embryo. $16,000 our insurance covered medications $9,000 for IVF.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Make sure to call ahead of time to make an appointment sometimes it can be a month wait.
He was always so kind and informative.
Dr. Murray was referred to me from my previous fertility Dr. Klooster (Kaiser Sacramento) who is old colleagues and friends of Michael's. Dr. Murray was always so kind to me & my husband and always took the time to help us understand the steps to our journey. The staff was so sweet to us and they already knew us by our name. Every time I called with a question or concerns there was always someone there to help us.
Relax he's going to take good care of you! And you'll have a great experience no matter what the outcome is.
I had surgery and he thought maybe I had hydrosalpinx so I was going in thinking my tube was going to be removed but lucky for me it was just scare tissue and my tube was fine. He removed an ovarian cyst along with Endometriosis. We went through our 1st IVF in November 2016 and had PGS testing done on our only embryo. Our son had abnormal chromosomes. On April 28th we will be married for 10years! We hope & pray someday we can be parents. We can't financially afford another round of IVF.
Roseville
The clinics [Northern CA Fertility Med Ctr] strengths are once you walk in the staff is very welcoming and help you out with paperwork if needed to be filled out. They clinic doesn't really have any weaknesses...All of our genetic testing and blood work came out to around $600 . The ultrasounds were $345 I believe. My papsmhere was $300 . The iui was $475... All of the nurses were very helpful and were able to answer all of my questions and it was a plus that the nurses spoke spanish
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
The clinics strengths are once you walk in the staff is very welcoming and help you out with paperwork if needed to be filled out. They clinic doesn't really have any weaknesses everything is great about the clinic.
The staff was very welcoming and were able to answer any questions I had.
All of the nurses were very helpful and were able to answer all of my questions and it was a plus that the nurses spoke spanish because may husband doesn't speak English fluent.
Dr Soto was very specific on everything he told us and he was able to answer all of our questions. He was polite and it seemed like he really cares about all of his patients . He was able to explain the whole process detail by detail without leaving us confused.
I first had to start off by taking Clomid twice a day starting day 7 of my cycle I believe. I had to test for my fertile days starting on day 11 . Once I got a positive I had to call the office to go in . When I got to the Dr office they did an ultrasound to confirm I was on my fertile days . Before leaving the Dr office the nurse gave me the trigger shot . The next day I had the iui done . Now the wait began I had to wait 10 days after to start testing. After I got a negative test result I had to call the office to do the same process again.
1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
They [Northern California Fertility Medical Center] can get busy and sometimes run behind, but they are good about letting you know if they are running late (so you can reschedule if you want). The online portal is great to use as well....Around $25,000 for egg retrieval, sperm retrieval, IVF with ICSI...Dottie [nurse] was great! She returns calls quickly, can confidently tell me the details of my protocols, and communicates well with my doctor.
1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
They can get busy and sometimes run behind, but they are good about letting you know if they are running late (so you can reschedule if you want). The online portal is great to use as well.
He is very warm and caring. He spoke to me like a real person (not a number), and remembered details about my treatment and personal life. I felt that he had my best interest at heart.
Dottie was great! She returns calls quickly, can confidently tell me the details of my protocols, and communicates well with my doctor.
He is very knowledgeable but can explain things in layman's terms. He really spent time with me and my husband in reviewing treatment options. He was on top of ordering labs, making sure prescriptions were ready, etc. I'm overweight and he was never pushy with me about losing "x" amount of pounds- just encouraged me to be healthy for a better clinical outcome. When another doctor was scheduled to do my embryo transfer, I asked him to do it instead (since he was my primary) and he happily adjusted his schedule.
Bring all your questions and don't be afraid to ask anything. I'm sure he's heard it all- he has a ton of experience.
I can't recall specific medications. But we decided to do a "freeze all" egg retrieval since I have PCOS, and he thought we would have better success with waiting a few months after retrieval for embryo transfer. He was right! My body needed that break!
Around $25,000 for egg retrieval, sperm retrieval, IVF with ICSI
He wanted a successful cycle and encouraged me to transfer 2 embryos (as he said, to help get to our end goal). One embryo took and I had a successful singleton pregnancy.
Roseville
The clinic [NCFMC] overall knows all of their patients and they treat them like family...They did not inform us that we could decline a day 3 transfer. We would have waited until the blastis stage and/or frozen the embryos so that we could allow time for my body to heal...We spent about $15,000 on IVF with Dr. Murray...My nurse was like family. When I ended up with yet another negative pregnancy she took it upon herself to call me even though she wasn't working that day and cried with me...
European, Other
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
The clinic overall knows all of their patients and they treat them like family.
Dr. Murray was very comfortable to be around and provided us with a lot of confidence in his ability. He was extremely hopeful of the outcome and was very positive in the entire process. He was confident that we would be successful in conceiving as our numbers and bloodwork looked promising.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Marcie Colletti)
Dr. Murray was very optimistic and answered all of our questions. He may have been a little over confident since we were "textbook" for a positive result which obviously didn't occur, but I don't know that any other course of action would have been viable.
Ask every question you can think of. Ask what decisions you are allowed to make in regards to when you do a transfer and if you or the lab make that call.
With Dr. Murray we did IVF. He did a full round of hormones including injections. We did an egg retrieval with ICSI and transferred two embryos on day 3. The lab made the call to do a day 3 transfer because the embryos looked good enough to do so. I however would have waited and possibly frozen the embryos to allow my body time to recover from the egg retrieval process.
We spent about $15,000 on IVF with Dr. Murray.
I would have still transferred two embryos, but at a later date.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
It's a very busy clinic [Northern California Fertility Medical Center], and things do fall through the cracks. I have had to be flexible and do things on their time more than mine. But whenever I made a phone call or followed up I got an answer quickly...I switched to this clinic from another local clinic specifically for IVF treatment. I wanted a more innovative and customized treatment. I definitely found this with Dr. Stephens....We had insurance coverage: IVF cycle with ICSI $6,000 medications $200.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
It's a very busy clinic, and things do fall through the cracks. I have had to be flexible and do things on their time more than mine. But whenever I made a phone call or followed up I got an answer quickly.
She always greets me with a smile and "nice to see you again" I never feel like she doesn't remember my history, my name, or where I am in the process or cycle. Very warm and caring, but without being condescending.
I switched to this clinic from another local clinic specifically for IVF treatment. I wanted a more innovative and customized treatment. I definitely found this with Dr. Stephens. She is very easy to talk to, ask questions, and doesn't sugarcoat anything. While she was very candid about my treatment plan and the possible outcomes, she was not without compassion and warmth. She tailored an extremely aggressive protocol for me, utilized supplements, and some alternative and innovative treatment ideas. Extremely pleased I made the switch!
Feel free to ask as many questions about the process or your possible outcome.
CoQ10, DHEA, birth control pills for pre cycle. Microdose Lupron, Follistim 300iu, Menopur 150iu, (administered IM for better response) letrozole 5mg days 2-6 (endometriosis) 81mg Aspirin, dexamethasone (egg quality), PIO, e2 p4 suppositories. ICSI for male factor
We had insurance coverage: IVF cycle with ICSI $6,000 medications $200
Roseville
Strengths [at Northern California Fertility Medical Center] are the doctored and nurses. Weaknesses would be the financial coordinator. Worst communication EVER. Lost my IVF check. Wouldn't email back. Didn't keep track of payments- awful experience with them. [Monitoring is] always in and out! Very easy while working!...I love Dr Stephens. From the get go she has been up front with my treatment while also doing so with empathy. She is the reason why I switched RE's at my clinic
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Strengths are the doctored and nurses. Weaknesses would be the financial coordinator. Worst communication EVER. Lost my IVF check. Wouldn't email back. Didn't keep track of payments- awful experience with them
I absolutely adore Dr Stephens. She is up front and honest but treats me like a person and not just a "patient" she answers ALL my questions on appointments without making it seem like I am taking up her time a Or bugging her. She has set realistic goals for my plan for pregnancy. She answers my emails in 2 days tops! She is so sweet and kind and I feel like that is hard to come by with doctors in this field. If you are In the sac area I highly recommend her!
Just ask questions and listen!
My first IVF cycle I was on an antagonist plan with low dose gonal f and menopur. I ended up producing 15 eggs but due to low quality they arrested before day 5 except for two that were put in on day 3- BFN. He next cycle she upped my Meds to a higher dose to try and create more eggs, and chose a Lupron trigger to ensure I didn't develop OHSS. I got 30 eggs retrieved this cycle and 10 frozen blasts! Her plan coupled with my egg boot camp to change my quality.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Always in and out! Very easy while working!
8k for IVF, 3-4K for Meds
Roseville
I have nothing but wonderful things to say about my care coordinator [at NCFMC] nurse Miriam. She made everything run smoothly, she was very friendly and most of all caring. She also understood things on another level as she too was an infertility patient...The treatment used was Traditional IVF, beginning with ovarian suppression BCP, followed by IVF Cycle Type Mircodose Lupron, Gonal- F, Menopur. I believe the protocol used was primarily based on my previous IVF treatment at another center in 2003, it then produced positive results, a healthy pregnancy and birth. With Dr. Stephens protocol it's my opinion that do to my age (43) at the time of treatment ovarian suppression was unnecessary, in doing so this may have been a factor as to why fewer follicles developed.
European, Latino, Native American
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Strengths: I feel this clinics strengths are their staff from the Dr.'s to their nursing staff, and embryologist team. They made you feel welcomed.
Dr. Stephens has a straight forward approach yet compassionate and understanding at the same time.
I have nothing but wonderful things to say about my care coordinator nurse Miriam. She made everything run smoothly, she was very friendly and most of all caring. She also understood things on another level as she too was an infertility patient.
Dr. Stephens was the first female RE Dr. I had been treated by, and who I did my third fresh IVF cycle with. At our initial meeting I sensed she was a little reserved yet approachable, she had a direct approach about the cycle protocol we would be using and over the course of treatment I found her to be a caring Dr.
Don't base a permanent opinion of her on your first encounter.
No strong approach. We had three with different grades, so all three were transferred.
2006 - 2015
Strengths are that it's a nice facility with many amazing staff members and doctors. Weaknesses are that sometimes things are not explained thoroughly, appointments can be hard to book, calling to schedule procedures can be stressful, especially if you are a teacher...I had some trouble with other dr's not explaining things clearly. My husband's frozen sperm was not great for you but his fresh was. I was told after the you how terrible the sample was which was very upsetting. My cervix was also closed which made things hard. I like how Dr. Murray is honest and fair. I like how he listens and makes things right even if he was not the one to cause a problem.
2006 - 2015
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
I met Dr. Murray when I signed up to do egg donations as a young adult. I also saw him years later for myself . He is always kind, listens and explains things.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Marcie)
I adored Marcie but she left. At times I felt like I wasn't explained things by nurses well and everyone was in a rush.
I had some issues with the clinic and Dr. Murray was fair and really listened to our concerns. I have a lot going on....my husband deploying and me being a teacher I am limited on time and carry a lot of stress. He put my concerns to rest and shows compassion.
Have concerns or questions ready because he is a great resource to talk to.
I don't remember specifics of each. It was pricey.
2013 - 2014
During our IVF cycle [at Northern California Medical Center] they did not inform us that we had a say in when to transfer and or the option to freeze the embryos in order to allow my body to heal from the egg retrieval. Had we known that this was an option we definitely would have waited...We did two rounds of IUI with blood work, medications and insemination it was in total around $8000...We did two rounds of IUI with Dr. Andreyko and she changed the medication slightly increasing dosages for the second round.
European, Other
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
The only weakness that I saw in my clinic was that it was 2.5 hours away and sometimes I had to make early morning appointments. Obviously, not their fault.
Dr. Andrekyo treated us like an individual and assessed our medical needs. She created a plan just for my husband and I and made us feel like she was a part of our struggle.
Marcie was like a second mother to me and really went on the emotional journey from the beginning. We connected with her on such a personal level and I know that I can still to this day call on her for anything.
Dr. Andreyko was very personable and very real world. She isn't just a textbook knowledge doctor, she is a real world doctor who was practical in her approach. She answered all of our questions in regards to the process and procedure and helped us to cope with the end result of not having a successful pregnancy.
Don't be afraid to ask "silly" questions? She will not judge you for not being fully educated to the process or procedure of IUI.
We did two rounds of IUI with blood work, medications and insemination it was in total around $8000, as our insurance didn't cover any of the cost.
We only did IUI under Dr. Andreykos care.
Anovulation, Unexplained
The clinic [N. Cal Fertility Med Ctr] is very quiet and clean. The staff is very welcoming and entergetic. They are very quick so you won’t be left in the waiting room forever. I was nervous bringing my daughter in there around everyone who also is suffering but I came to realize they are the ones who help make her and I wanted people to see they can make this happen.... [Nurse] Replies very fast and very well educated
Anovulation, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
The clinic is very quiet and clean. The staff is very welcoming and entergetic. They are very quick so you won’t be left in the waiting room forever. I was nervous bringing my daughter in there around everyone who also is suffering but I came to realize they are the ones who help make her and I wanted people to see they can make this happen.
She always made it personable. Even though she would give us the statistics she would always talk to us about us and how it will happen and sometimes it just takes some time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Kayla)
Replies very fast and very well educated
Sahar Stephens at first was so blunt with the truth it hurt but after a hour or two conversation we left knowing it happens to a lot of couples and they are able to make it happen if everything was done properly. She comes off very quiet but she is very knowledgeable and loves what she does
Go in with a open mind and don’t be upset if the answer you hear at first isn’t the one you wanted. They can work miracles and try to help everyone’s dreams come true
I was on letrazole and entrace then a trigger shot 10000mg
Around 3500-4000
Roseville
Front desk staff [Northern California Fertility Med Ctr] could use some help. They were borderline rude at times. It would be nice to be scheduled with the same doctor every time. Financial advisors did a great job at disclosing all fees upfront. We actually over paid and didn’t know it. We received a refund within thirty days after completing our cycle. It was nice to have lab onsite.... Peggy was amazing! She called back quickly answering every question and email. When I cried she cried. She really cares for her patients
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Front desk staff could use some help. They were borderline rude at times. It would be nice to be scheduled with the same doctor every time. Financial advisors did a great job at disclosing all fees upfront. We actually over paid and didn’t know it. We received a refund within thirty days after completing our cycle. It was nice to have lab onsite.
Sometimes I felt like he rushed a bit to get to the next patient
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Peggy)
He was a nice doctor but we didn’t see him every time. He wore sunglasses once. Sometime I felt like he rushed me out and didn’t answer my querstions fully or to where I could understand them (he spoke in doctor terms) it would have been nice to see the same doctor every time.
Have a list of questions prepared. And ask questions if you don’t understand his responses
We did hormone injections in preparations for egg retrieval. Then we waited 1 month and did a frozen transfer 1st try was a success
9,000 out of pocket with some insurance coverage
They strongly suggested starting with one embryo, they were right it was successful
Roseville
Strengths- very organized, friendly and experienced. Also, they are very punctual. The staff [Northern CA Fertility Med Ctr] have been great all around. I also appreciate their honesty and candidness. Weakness- it would be nice to be able to see one doctor more consistently.... Total care has been around $26,000 including medications. This is for one retrieval and two embryo transfers... very organized, understanding and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Strengths- very organized, friendly and experienced. Also, they are very punctual. The staff have been great all around. I also appreciate their honesty and candidness. Weakness- it would be nice to be able to see one doctor more consistently.
My doctor is very personable and understanding. She provides very good information and ensures that we understand what’s going on at all times.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Alyssa Schnorr)
She’s very organized, understanding and knowledgeable. I would recommend her to anyone.
She’s very nice and very understanding. She has lots of confidence and experience. She is able to answer our questions in a thoughtful manner. We had a very good experience working with her. We would recommend her to others as well.
To just ask any questions that they may have instead of googling!
I’ve tried a natural frozen embryo transfer cycle and a hormone replacement cycle. Both for different reasons. I’m still in the middle of the ladder cycle.
Our doctor recommended a single, but we opted to transfer two embryos both times.
Roseville
I think the clinic [N. CA Fertility Med Ctr] is great. They have always returned calls and emails quickly, been friendly on the phone and during check in. The only weakness I would say is the wait times but that’s only because we are so eager to move along in the process quickly. They also understand this.... The initial consult was @$250. Blood test were $250 .Sperm retrieval #1 was $1500. Sperm rerieval #2 will be $3000
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
I think the clinic is great. They have always returned calls and emails quickly, been friendly on the phone and during check in. The only weakness I would say is the wait times but that’s only because we are so eager to move along in the process quickly. They also understand this.
The nurses were very attentive and made sure my husband was comfortable after his first sperm retrieval even though he was grouchy and in a bit of pain.
He is one of the top most doctors in male factor and is very smart. He is also very funny and makes us feel comfortable and always explains things in more than one way to make sure we understand. He is very good at responding to emails and voicemails very quickly.
Make an appointment with him right away. He is awesome
My husband had a sperm retrieval procedure and sperm analysts. He is due to go in for another more in depth procedure. No meds are required before hand
No comment
Other, Unexplained
Courtney [a nurse at No CA Fertility Medical Center] isn't a bubbly/exciting personality, but she knows what she's doing and is helpful when you need it. If you're looking for a cheerleader nurse, she's probably not the one for you.... My main issue was with the lab technicians drawing blood poorly. Everything else has been great! The office staff are available readily via email so that's nice to have access for billing & insurance questions too.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
She's very warm and caring
Dr Stephens was very friendly and compassionate every time I met with her. She did both of my hysteroscopy procedures, and a couple of our cycle review visits. She has empathy and understanding, and is very knowledgeable and personable. While I enjoy other doctors at this clinic too, she's my favorite.
No advice, she's great!
For Round 2, she's maxing out my dosages to get as many eggs as possible since I have a genetic condition and Round 1 results were worse than expected.
Round 2 fees without insurance but including a cash discount are about $12250, not including meds, PGS, anesthesia, storage.
3 IUI, IVF, Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
One weakness [for N CA Fertility Med Ctr-Roseville] i would mention is the training of new hires, they lost my first IUI payment and thank god i had my receipt or else they would have over charged me 1000$! Make sure the new hires at the front desk are aware of how to handle money and transactions before asking for another payment.... 1200$ per IUI 13000 per IVF
3 IUI, IVF, Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
One weakness i would mention is the training of new hires, they lost my first IUI payment and thank god i had my receipt or else they would have over charged me 1000$! Make sure the new hires at the front desk are aware of how to handle money and transactions before asking for another payment.
She was very nice and up front about my first IUI procedure. She explained everything and was comforting in how high her hopes were for a positive outcome which is something every woman needs during this hard time.
Courtney explained everything in detail for me over the phone before i even met with her to go over my flow sheet and injectables!
She was amazing at explaining the process of IUI and medications. My hsg showed a blockage from the radiologist but she was able to find an opening giving me a sense of hope. I went home after her appointments with a smile
Don’t forget to ask questions! There are no dumb questions
She started me on Clomid 50mg for my first IUI. But it only yeilded 1 nature follicle so i has to increase safely over the course of the next cycle.
20$ co pays for new patient visit. 1200$ per IUI 13000 per IVF
I would prefer 2 or 3 embryos but she’s very certain one is all I’ll need for a healthy baby after IVF
2014 - 2018
IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
All of the nurses [at N. CA Fertility Medical Center] I’ve interacted with have been kind and caring. They especially took EXCELLENT care of me on the day of my egg retrieval - before, during and after....Of course I wish fertility treatments were more affordable but they do their best to work with you. They are transparent about their services and pricing. There’s no pressure, they provide your treatment options, the success rates, the pros and cons, and they let you decide on the treatment you feel comfortable with.
2014 - 2018
IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
No complaints here. My experience has been great each time. Of course I wish fertility treatments were more affordable but they do their best to work with you. They are transparent about their services and pricing. There’s no pressure, they provide your treatment options, the success rates, the pros and cons, and they let you decide on the treatment you feel comfortable with.
Each time we see Dr. Stephens, she is very personable and gives us her full attention. She makes a point of getting to know our situation and creating an open discussion of options.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Sue)
All of the nurses I’ve interacted with have been kind and caring. They especially took EXCELLENT care of me on the day of my egg retrieval - before, during and after.
With my situation, there has been a lot of “hurry up and wait” and “wait and see” time periods. Each time we see Dr. Sahar she is patient with all of our questions, and understanding and receptive of our thoughts and/or concerns. She is upfront and honest about our options and the pros/cons to each treatment.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
The egg retrieval was around $10,000, each embryo transfer can be up to $5,000 and each IUI cycle can be up to $2,000.
Dr. Stephens has explicitly stated that she will only do eSET due to the young age of my eggs upon retrieval. I totally understand the reasoning and approach, although, I am of the mind that it would be beneficial financially to increase the chances of a successful transfer with multiple embryo transfer.
2013 - 2018
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Once you are assigned a nurse coordinator [at N. CA Fertility Center-Roseville] you have great communication. Prior to that it can be difficult to get answers. The front office and financial staff are great. The wait time is minimal.... Dottie [a nurse] was pretty special and a huge part in our success. She always calls back quickly and was very supportive and positive.
2013 - 2018
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Once you are assigned a nurse coordinator you have great communication. Prior to that it can be difficult to get answers. The front office and financial staff are great. The wait time is minimal.
Dottie was pretty special and a huge part in our success. She always calls back quickly and was very supportive and positive.
Dr. Soto-Albors is for the most part serious and moderately blunt. We really appreciated this about him. He is extremely knowledgeable, and thorough. Our nurse is who we spent most time with and she was more sensitive and our cheerleader of sorts. Dr. Soto-Albors is part-time in the office that he started over 30 years ago but I trusthim completely. He gave us our twins.
Ask lots of questions and take all the time you need in the appointments with the doctor.
We had poor quality with higher doses our first round so he changed things up the 2nd time around and we made beautiful embryos. Dr. Soto-Albors will not proceed until he feels everything is perfect. We had a small uterine polyp we had to have removed before transferring.
We were out of pocket and the cost seemed to be a average ora little bit less than other clinics. The financial coordinator was very helpful.
Roseville
Everyone was helpful, kind, and treated me as a human instead of a "case"... I never have to wait long after arriving to be seen. Everyone is friendly. The facilities [Northern California Fertility Medical Center] are clean and up to date. Sometimes the conversations on the phone are matter of fact and directive instead of friendly and understanding.... Doctor consult was $90. Each round included two ultrasounds and 1-2 iui at around $1000. Plus HCG shot at $90 and pill meds at around $20
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
I never have to wait long after arriving to be seen. Everyone is friendly. The facilities are clean and up to date. Sometimes the conversations on the phone are matter of fact and directive instead of friendly and understanding.
Used my name, listened and responded to my concerns.
Everyone was helpful, kind, and treated me as a human instead of a "case"
Michael Murray is great at explaining every part of the process so you feel confident about your next steps. He addresses every question and is upfront and real about finances connected to the process.
Trust his experience.
My age was a factor in developing a strategy for our procedure. He addresses it in regards to the duality and quantity of eggs without making me feel old. We began with pill medication before iui. Had a positive result but insufficient lining led to a miscarriage. We are trying another pill medication round (currently awaiting results) before moving on to ivf
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
All staff [No Cal Fert Med Ctr] was so friendly, they truly cared and wanted the transfers to succeed....Between 2 egg donations, vasectomy reversal, 4 fet and one fresh every staff member and nurse has been friendly and amazing....There only weaknesses is the decorations and old equipment and wall decor. Strengths is everyone communicates well and is on top of contacting patients in a timely manner.... I’ve had several nurse coordinators and different dr’s and they are all amazing.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
There only weaknesses is the decorations and old equipment and wall decor. Strengths is everyone communicates well and is on top of contacting patients in a timely manner. We viewed several facilities and fell in love with the staff here. I’ve had several nurse coordinators and different dr’s and they are all amazing.
All staff was so friendly, they truly cared and wanted the transfers to succeed.
Between 2 egg donations, vasectomy reversal, 4 fet and one fresh every staff member and nurse has been friendly and amazing. They are all caring and compassionate .
He was always upfront and honest. Very friendly and caring. We adjusted treatments appropriately to try different things for success. He always responded if I had questions. He always got me appointments in quickly.
Keep everything. That way it’s easy to look back at what medications worked and what didn’t.
The first fet we did medications not injections. We had lots of issues with the actual transfer. We adjusted for the next cycle and he placed a stitch inside me. The next fet went much better but still resulted in negative pregnancy.
Roseville
Strengths would be they [Northern California fertility medical center] are helpful, insightful, and compassionate. All the doctors and nurses always spoke to me like they remembered me and they were genuine in how I was doing. Weaknesses would be the cost. They are a higher priced than some other clinics locally...I always spoke to the same 2 nurses and they were very nice and helpful...Everyone was always so nice and supportive
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Strengths would be they are helpful, insightful, and compassionate. All the doctors and nurses always spoke to me like they remembered me and they were genuine in how I was doing. Weaknesses would be the cost. They are a higher priced than some other clinics locally.
Everyone was always so nice and supportive
I always spoke to the same 2 nurses and they were very nice and helpful
She’s great and would recommend her. Very informative. I only saw her a couple of times becaus when your body is ready you see the doctor on duty at the time so I saw 3 other doctors over the course of the 8 months
Prepare for the long haul
We tried meds with intercourse for 4 months. When I didn’t get pregnant we progressed to IUI. We did that several times with one round resulting in IUI 2 days in a row. I ended up being 12 days late in December but the Beta came back negative and then 2 days later I ended up starting. Without having a positive pregnancy test it was either an early miscarriage or my body was just acting up from the hormones.
It was around 1200 a month when we did the IUI
We didn’t discuss this
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
The clinic [Northern California Fertility Medical Center] location is wonderful and the office is professional and clean. So far I've been able to get appointments when needed and the nursing staff calls me back when I leave messages. The insurance and financial coordinators have been very helpful.... The nursing staff at NCFMC are kind and compassionate.... Dr. Murray has given us inspiration that we have a chance to get pregnant.
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
The clinic location is wonderful and the office is professional and clean. So far I've been able to get appointments when needed and the nursing staff calls me back when I leave messages. The insurance and financial coordinators have been very helpful.
The nursing staff at NCFMC are kind and compassionate.
Dr. Murray has given us inspiration that we have a chance to get pregnant. He's absolutely professional and his credibility has allowed us to lean on his expertise. We plan on seeing Dr. Murray for the duration of our treatment.
Trust the process. His success speaks for itself.
We started with a laparoscopic surgery in 2015 and attempted two IUIs that were cancelled to my body not responding to the medications. We found a uterine polyp in 2017 and had it surgically removed by Dr. Murray. When we are ready and have enough money, we'll happily move forward with a frozen embryo IVF cycle and hope for the best.
So far, a lot of the major expenses (surgery) have been covered by insurance as diagnostic. We've paid for some meds and lots of copays. The IVF cycle we need is out of our financial reach at this time and it is all overwhelming.
Roseville
I loved Marcie. Sometimes nurses were great other times I felt like I was forgotten about especially when i was not called back and communicated with about the undressing of my husband's sperm. I almost felt like they had forgotten to pull it out...I felt like he [Dr. Carlos Soto-Albors] is rushed and does not give time that I deserve as a patient paying a lot of money. Sometimes he was great and personable, but being that I did 5 egg donations for others and am now having infertility issues myself I need that emotional support...At times personable and not rushed, other times very rushed which left me stressed with questions and concerns. He is a great doctor, but when you see so many it is hard to have quick appts. It is apparent when he is stressed or has stuff going on. I enjoyed him most when he gives full attention in the appointment. I think he has compassion, shows concern and explains things well most of the time.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Appointments are gard, talking directly to a dr or scheduling nurses is hard
I felt like he is rushed and does not give time that I deserve as a patient paying a lot of money. Sometimes he was great and personable, but being that I did 5 egg donations for others and am now having infertility issues myself I need that emotional support
Have questions and concerns ready
He adjusted my meds because of my thin lining. He told me my cervix was closed and to use a certain tool in order to perform iui
Sacramento
Miriam was the person I leaned on the most. When our first transfer was unsuccessful, she was the person I called when I had to stop my injections and had a period. I felt lost and alone. Miriam was there to center me and keep me focused on the end goal.
Dr Murray cared about making sure we got the results that we wanted. He always made sure to say hello, even if I was only there for blood work or to see my nurse case manager. When we brought the baby in after she was born, he came to see her and hold her.
I feel like Dr Murray is all strengths, no weaknesses. He was very compassionate and made sure to address any concerns we might have had along the way. If that in involved education, he provided us with educational materials. When we had to make adjustments to our cycle because my ovaries weren't responding to oral medication, he understood my frustration and emotional reactions.
Be ready to get all of the information: the good, the bad and the ugly. He doesn't sugarcoat things, which I appreciated. He wants you to be ready for almost any outcome.
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Dottie [Northern California Fertility Medical Center nurse] is the absolute best. She came in on her day off to be there the day we started our IVF process. She always made sure she was up to date on our progress...We saw all the doctors at one point for monitoring...t first this was hard with monitoring, but we found the diverse opinions to be helpful.
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr. Stephens and her staff knew us by name, and knew exactly where we were in the process.
Dottie is the absolute best. She came in on her day off to be there the day we started our IVF process. She always made sure she was up to date on our progress. Her instructions were clear, and she was compassionate. She would call and check on me during the process.
Dr.Stephens looked at our fertility struggle individually. She didn't compare us to other couples. Our protocol wasn't standard, and she made sure we agreed with every step of the process.
Dr. Stephens is one of the newest doctors in the clinic, but she is also the one who is most up to date on new methods, and isn't afraid to try things that aren't standard. If there is ever any question she will consult her team of colleagues.
We saw all the doctors at one point for monitoring. They work together to be open 7 days a week. At first this was hard with monitoring, but we found the diverse opinions to be helpful. It required me to miss work quite often as the monitoring appts were mostly mid morning to allow for change in medications for the evening.
Sacramento
The reception area and the clinic [Northern CA Fertility Med Ctr] is very nice but it has a very awkward feeling in the waiting room, I’m not sure what to suggest to maybe change this. The wait times are usually fairly quickly. The facility is kept very clean... Nursing staff was always very kind and caring during appointments. And always called back right away... Initial consultation was @$250, bloodworm package was $300...
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
The reception area and the clinic is very nice but it has a very awkward feeling in the waiting room, I’m not sure what to suggest to maybe change this. The wait times are usually fairly quickly. The facility is kept very clean
She took her time and talked in depth about our situation, I never felt rushed and she always made sure I understood everything and all questions were answered
She is great at making sure you understand everything she saying and getting all your questions no matter what they are answered. Even though she sees a lot of patience you would never know it because she makes you feel important
Make sure you go in with all your questions and don’t be afraid to ask them because she will answer them
Initial consultation was @$250, bloodworm package was $300.. I don’t remember how much the saline ultrasound was.
She was not a pose to transfer into embryos for certain age groups. If embryos were PGS tested then the policy is to only transfer one
Roseville
My clinic [Northern CA Fertility Med Ctr] has been so fast. They are good with responding and answering the phone. Truly I heard different however they were "Jonny on the spot" for me!! Alyssa Schnorr was very nice and super patient.... She was honest and funny. She was very informative and took time to get to know us.... They all were fast and had great bedside manor.... Medications 3,600.00, Ivf was 11,250.00 1,000.00 out if pocket pre testing.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
My clinic has been so fast. They are good with responding and answering the phone. Truly I heard different however they were "Jonny on the spot" for me!! Alyssa Schnorr was very nice and super patient. They all were fast and had great bedside manor.
I am in the middle of my first Frozen transfer. Dr Murry has been great so far. Very Informative.
Alyssa Schnorr was the best. She was honest and funny. She was very informative and took time to get to know us.
I have only seen him a couple times. He is pleasant and upfront. He was through and very nice with answers. He always responded very quickly. He was very nice to my husband as well. I would definitely recommend him to others.
I would say go more into detail about the out of pocket initial costs of test ect...
I believe I was started on a basic protocol. Menopur 75ui. Folistim 300ui. I did not have to many side effects mostly a dull headache.
Medications 3,600.00, Ivf was 11,250.00 1,000.00 out if pocket pre testing.
I have not yet made it this far. I am hoping for two embryos. I think we just tested, lowered my thyroid and went for it so far!
Roseville
Clinic [No Cal Fert Med Ctr] is great... I wish there was multiple locations. Also on my first IUI, they set the timer and left me in the room and didn’t tell me how long the time was set for or offer to hand me my purse so I could look at my phone. I wish they would have explained better the process so I could have been prepared....Everyone is great...Dr Stephens is great! She is so friendly, empathic and kind
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Clinic is great, only bummer is it is out of the way from my home. I wish there was multiple locations. Also on my first IUI, they set the timer and left me in the room and didn’t tell me how long the time was set for or offer to hand me my purse so I could look at my phone. I wish they would have explained better the process so I could have been prepared.
Dr Stephens is great! She is so friendly, empathic and kind
Everyone is great
She is amazing, so caring and kind. I am so glad I have her as my primary doctor. I only wish I could have had her at each IUI but I know the way your cycle works that is not possible. I had one other doctor do my IUI that was not very nice.
Pick her
No other reason for infertility so did IUI multiple times
I don’t remember exactly. Seems like each IUI was around 500 but that’s with some insurance coverage
Roseville
Strengths [Northern California Fertility Medical Center- Roseville]: friendly, courteous, knowledgeable Weakness: slow at scheduling first appointment and response time but once you are a patient, the service is somewhat faster Nice clean professional environment.... Ivf starts at $10k, does not include medication... He [Dr. Murray] explained the procedures well and advised me of pros and cons. Was always optimistic and encouraging with every appointment.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Strengths: friendly, courteous, knowledgeable Weakness: slow at scheduling first appointment and response time but once you are a patient, the service is somewhat faster Nice clean professional environment.
They are personal with you and low your history.
Great service!
I didn’t really know what to expect since this was my first time. He explained the procedures well and advised me of pros and cons. Was always optimistic and encouraging with every appointment. Remembers treatments and previous discussions. Only complaint would be that the facility is very slow. I guess when you are trying to get pregnant you want things to go fast paced and when it doesn’t, it gets frustrating.
Be patient because the service is slow.
Ivf starts at $10k, does not include medication
Roseville
This clinic [No Cal Fert Med Ctr] is great. Overall im happy that i choose this clinic. Everyone there is great The staff are great. The hours are great and in a goid location. There is so much flexibilty with this place. They always work with yiur schedule..Courtney was great. She helped me understand my treatment plan and ensure i knew what i eas doing with my medications. She always checked up on me. She was also vefy sympathetic towards me....
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
This clinic is great. Overall im happy that i choose this clinic. Everyone there is great The staff are great. The hours are great and in a goid location. There is so much flexibilty with this place. They always work with yiur schedule
Always asked how i was doing during the treatment
He was very straight foreard with the treatment plan. I felt confident in his work. He always made sure i was aware at each appointment of what was going to happen. My first transfer was a success with the doctor. I was determine ti go back for future treatment if needed.
Have an open schedule
3K
Roseville
The Roseville location is difficult to find if it is your first time going to that clinic. Other than that the staff is great, kind and tolerate my husband’s sense of humor. I am not a big fan of Dr. Doblado. He does not make eye contact when giving bad news.... To start a cycle progesterone suppositories were used, at my request, then 5 days of 250mg of clomid, then 5days if Estrogen orally. Opk testing Cd 10-14
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Dr. Murray is very caring and knowledgeable. I appreciate that he took the time to explain each step in detail.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Cassidy )
Cassidy was amazing and extremely helpful!
Dr. Murray was extremely helpful. There was a miscommunication with my appt and the fee for the consultation, ended up leaving in tears DR. Called me about 30min later and scheduled a free telephone consultation because l love 2hrs away from the clinic
Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
My cost, not including medication, was $950 per cycle.
Roseville
They [the staff at Northern CA Fertility Medical Center] are very organized and kind. When they schedule appointments they follow up with you regarding any concerns you have, including concerns related to financing. All of them make you feel so welcomed.... Susan [a nurse] was so caring and kind. I felt comfortable crying or expressing how I felt going through a treatment and she was there to assure and comfort me giving me hope.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
They are very organized and kind. When they schedule appointments they follow up with you regarding any concerns you have, including concerns related to financing. All of them make you feel so welcomed.
The doctor and staff were very caring and supportive throughout the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Susan)
Susan was so caring and kind. I felt comfortable crying or expressing how I felt going through a treatment and she was there to assure and comfort me giving me hope.
He was very caring and explained every process. This was my first time going through something like this and I was very emotional and scared. He talked to me and explained everything in detail. He was very compassionate and involved throughout the whole process.
Follow what he orders and follow up with him if you have any concerns.
My insurance paid a portion and I was responsible for the balance. I can’t remember the exact amount I paid at the end with medications.
Endometriosis, Other
Twice prescriptions were not called in when they said they were doing it. Both times I was in need of medications to start the next morning. I am in the middle of a Fertility cycle now and need my meds tomorrow morning and I have to call in the morning again to try and get them called in again...Dr Stephens has worked very hard over the last 2 years to try and solve my infertility issues. With continued set backs we kept moving forward. I wish the outcome would be more positive but she has tried her best...Letrozole due to endometriosis. Upping doses when the first ones didn't work.
Clean, friendly
She's an awesome Dr. Easy to talk to and very informative.
I have had at least 2 occasions in which my medications were not called in and I was in need of them the very next day. I am actually waiting to call tomorrow morning on one that was supposed to be faxed in last night for Fertility meds that I need in the morning.
She's great.
Letrozole due to endometriosis. Upping doses when the first ones didn't work.
I can't even add up all of the money I have spent on surgeries the last several years. 5,000 yearly at least in surgeries and Fertility meds if not more.
2014 - 2017
We did a chemical egg retrieval [at Northern California Fertility Medical Center]. Followed by the use of ICSI due to my husbands fertility. post retrieval the embryos grew for two weeks in order to complete pre-genetic testing. During the testing phase the embryos were frozen until implantation. We then did a natural implantation cycle with a single embryo selection. We had one additional embryo that remains and that embryo is currently frozen...out of pocket was approximately $8,000
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Strengths: positive atmosphere, option for online record keeping Weaknesses: music choice
He knew our names and tested us like friends
I don't remember and specific experience with the nursing staff.
Dr. Murray was always polite and professional. He always had a smile on his face and was very welcoming. Dr. Murray always explained all our options and advised us and his recommendations but allowed us to make our own ultimate decision.
Ask questions
We did a chemical egg retrieval. Followed by the use of ICSI due to my husbands fertility. post retrieval the embryos grew for two weeks in order to complete pre-genetic testing. During the testing phase the embryos were frozen until implantation. We then did a natural implantation cycle with a single embryo selection. We had one additional embryo that remains and that embryo is currently frozen.
Insurance covered some costs; out of pocket was approximately $8,000
We made the election to do a single embryo transfer due to the higher potential of a positive result. This recommendation fit our lifestyle and was the right decision for us.
Roseville
The nurses [at Northern California Fertility Medical Center-Roseville] are very nice. Anytime I have a question the try their best to respond back to me as soon as possible...This clinic is nice and clean. All the staff are very nice and compassionate about what the do. The doctors are very professional and yet the understand what a patient is going thru.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Dr. Lovely is very understanding, and she does her best to make sure I understand what is going to be done. She made sure I was comfortable during my visit with her, and since I don't have health care insurance she tries her best to save me money while still providing me with the best care possible.
The nurses are very nice. Anytime I have a question the try their best to respond back to me as soon as possible.
As a patient Dr. Lovely made sure that I know what is to be expected of the visit. She explain every step of the way. And she make sure that I understand everything. She was very knowledgeable about what she is doing. She tries her best to make me feel as comfortable as possible.
She is very knowledgeable about what she is doing, and she understands what you are going through.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
I had 4-5 different nurse coordinators [at Northern California Fertility Medical Center--Roseville] throughout my rounds. They came and went frequently so it was hard keeping track. ... I was in the middle of an IUI cycle and they didn't get back to me in time -- missed phone calls, missed appointment opportunities -- so I ovulated before they were able to inseminate. This was hugely disappointing because I was out over $700 for nothing. That is nearly 1/2 a cycle fee. When couples are spending so much (and often for so many months/years), saving money for treatment is key. We were very disappointed to lose out on the money AND chance that month.
South Asian, Ashkenazi Jewish
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
She was always optimistic though realistic. She also checked in with me via email -- even on her time off.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: My nurse care coordinator changed about 4 times during my process. I cannot remember. This is my only real complaint (other than no baby).)
I had 4-5 different nurse coordinators throughout my rounds. They came and went frequently so it was hard keeping track. That is my one complaint (aside from not getting pregnant -- yet).
She was positive, informative, non-patronizing, empathetic and encouraging. She also joked with us through the tense times. I really enjoyed meeting with her. Even when news was disappointing, I preferred hearing it from her.
If you like her, stay with her. If she is not your style, find someone who you are comfortable with. This is an emotionally taxing endeavor. You might as well enjoy the company of your doctor -- you will be with him/her often.
I was on high dose meds. Limited success with first round of IVF ( ET successful but no resulting embryo or baby).
4 IUIs , 1 canceled IUI, and 1 IVF ~ about 23K
Roseville
Communication could be better. Dealing with waiting for a nurse call back can be tough. Appointments can be hard to schedule. A friend is going through BIG and showed me how egg donors bios and pictures are online. I did several egg donations years ago. I would not have done it if my info was that easy to access. This seems like a privacy issue. I would say putting it on the portal would be better. Maybe more people would donate.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Dr Stephens is extremely kind and patient. She called me personally.
Dr Stephens is calm, cool and collected. She explains things thoroughly and follows through with things. She makes you feel comfortable and at ease. Dr. Stephens gets back to you in a timely manner. She addresses concerns and is very honest.
To have questions ready because it's easy to forget when in the moment.
2011 - 2012
My nurse was very nice. She was proactive and was always available....This clinic [No Cal Fert Med Ctr] is excellent. Every case is unique and on their own schedule. Every treatment is custom design for the patient. Each patient has their own protocol. Each patient is assigned a doctor during their treatment. The doctors switch once there is a new treatment...The ivf was 10k plus meds...Michael Murray is an excellent doctor. He is personable and seem to really care.
2011 - 2012
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
This clinic is excellent. Every case is unique and on their own schedule. Every treatment is custom design for the patient. Each patient has their own protocol. Each patient is assigned a doctor during their treatment. The doctors switch once there is a new treatment.
He was pleasant but realistic. He also looked to see if our genes were normal.
My nurse was very nice. She was proactive and was always available.
Michael Murray is an excellent doctor. He is personable and seem to really care. He is very knowledgeable about the fertility process. He has prior experience treating infertility. I felt like somehow he was better then the other doctors
Definitely o e of the best doctors I've ever met.
He did a gene testing to see if we were normal because we had two chemical pregnancies prior.
The ivf was 10k plus meds
We only had 3 left so he agreed to allow us to do 3 embryo transfer.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
The whole staff [at Northern California Fertility Medical Center] was fabulous...Great care and knowledgeable compassionate doctors, I was very impressed. We will come back here when we are ready to have our second child. With the treatments the clinic provided we had a viable pregnancy after one cycle!...He [Dr. Murray] didnt believe my MTHFR mutation needed treatment, but he said the lovonox could help and wouldn’t hurt and he was willing to prescribe it.
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Latino
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
The whole staff was fabulous
Dr Murray was great as was the whole staff. We also did lots of outside research. He didnt believe my MTHFR mutation needed treatment, but he said the lovonox could help and wouldn’t hurt and he was willing to prescribe it.
Around $1k for visits and medication, then I got a check for a $400 refund from them! We were ready to pay 10s of thousand and were thrilled!!
2013 - 2017
[The nurse at Northern CA Fertility] is amazing. She r sounds quickly and in detail and makes sure you fully understand everything....Even though I have also seen Dr Stephens, Dr Murray along with dr Soto, they always know me and are very Intune with my case and what's currently going on. The nursing staff makes you feel like family...He [Dr. Soto-Albors] explains everything and takes the time to make sure you understand and are comfortable with everything. He expected the risks and what to expect at every stage of the treatment. He truly cares about your well being and he understands how this is a tough process yet his gentle side makes it easy.
2013 - 2017
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Courtney Swason)
She is amazing. She r sounds quickly and in detail and makes sure you fully understand everything.
He explains everything and takes the time to make sure you understand and are comfortable with everything. He expected the risks and what to expect at every stage of the treatment. He truly cares about your well being and he understands how this is a tough process yet his gentle side makes it easy.
Be your own best advocate
Roseville
They all cared so much and knew who I was and my entire background. Felt like family. Both she and Dr. Murray are great.
Kind and competent
She is amazing in every way. Was compassionate and kind and also willing to try new things within reason. She kept me going through failed cycles and cried when we heard a heartbeat for the first time. This clinic is amazing. Both she and Dr. Murray are great.
Ask her for any alternative treatments or additional drugs (HGH) if it doesn't work at first and don't give up!!