Genetic counseling: Offered
Sacramento
4320 Auburn Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95841
916.773.2229
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Northern California Fertility Medical Center to a friend?

2019 - 2020
5 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Stephens is very straight-forward, which we appreciate. Whenever we met with her (whether in-person, or phone consult), she would go over our charts and review current standings...She would answer without prejudice and with her honest opinion. She was intelligent and non-judgmental, which made it easier to ask questions about alternative treatment or wellness options. My only concern would be, I don't know if she was talking about only-her experience, or all of the experience from the clinic. There are several doctors and quite a number of patients, I would prefer to know that they collectively reviewed charts (since you see all the Doctors, eventually, anyway) and that your primary Dr gave you recommendations based off of their collective experience & input. Typically, more knowledge and more experience would get you better treatment, theoretically.
She [nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center] was extremely patient while teaching the dosage and how to best give injections. You'll always get her voicemail, if you call the clinic, but she answers/returns phone calls and e-mails in the same day...For the clinic, the meds, consultations, etc.; the IUI rounds were about $3,000 each and the IVF (extraction-only) were about $15,000 each...You'll rarely see your personal Dr (although they are available via e-mail) and scheduling appointments with your personal Doctor is 3-4 weeks out. Good to know: NCFMC has several Doctors on staff, who have their own patients and they have a "duty" type of schedule. So they rotate, when they see their personal patients, when they are in the exam room, when they have to work the
2019 - 2020
European, East Asian
5 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Sahar Stephens at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
What I appreciated most about Dr. Stephens was the ability to talk candidly with her, about our predicament, what I've researched versus what she's worked with (or seen work). She would answer without prejudice and with her honest opinion. She was intelligent and non-judgmental, which made it easier to ask questions about alternative treatment or wellness options. My only concern would be, I don't know if she was talking about only-her experience, or all of the experience from the clinic. There are several doctors and quite a number of patients, I would prefer to know that they collectively reviewed charts (since you see all the Doctors, eventually, anyway) and that your primary Dr gave you recommendations based off of their collective experience & input. Typically, more knowledge and more experience would get you better treatment, theoretically.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sahar Stephens at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
Don't be afraid to be inquisitive, ask questions, and understand your case. Dr Stephens is nice and will take the time to answer your questions, but she's also not going to try to inundate you with information you may not understand or care about. She will tell you about your situation and give you her recommendations, then leave space for you to talk and ask questions. Also, be prepared to see other Doctors during your clinic appointments, you're only guaranteed to see Dr Stephens during your one-on-one appointments with her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sahar Stephens at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
Dr. Stephens is very straight-forward, which we appreciate. Whenever we met with her (whether in-person, or phone consult), she would go over our charts and review current standings. We always had a list of questions regarding our status, her experience and expectations from similar cases, possible options, and personnel + professional opinions. She answered all of our questions, remaining realistic and positive, without being overly optimistic. She would also discuss her recommended treatments and ensured we understood and were okay proceeding with her ideas, or if we wanted to something else.
Describe the protocols Sahar Stephens used in your cycles at Northern California Fertility Medical Center and their degree of success.
With a history of on-going birth control (Depo Provera or IUD), no past pregnancy, no other underlying issues (other than age >35) on the female side, proceeded with IUI using donor sperm. Started treatment with Clomid, with the first three IUIs varying from 2 follicles to 4 follicles. Upped the medication on rounds 4-6 to include Gonal-F, which increased the follicle count to 3-6 follicles on various attempts. Still no resulting pregnancy. When we started IVF, I was put on birth control pills to "regulate" the period, as well as Gonal-F, Ganirelix, and Menopur. This had less than stellar results, which was four follicles, four eggs, three possible embryos, but none were viable that lasted past day 5. The next round of IVF the medication eliminated the b/c pills, added estrogen patches, and increased the Gonal-F daily dosage amount. Ganirelix and Menopur dosage remained the same. This was exponentially better, resulting in nine follicles, 14 eggs, seven embryos, 2 possible embryos (were good as of day 5), but returned from the genetics lab as known defective.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Courtney)
Courtney was fantastic! She was extremely patient while teaching the dosage and how to best give injections. You'll always get her voicemail, if you call the clinic, but she answers/returns phone calls and e-mails in the same day. She'll work extra hard with the pharmacy to get the medication you need, when you need it, and if you need an extra prescription/authorization written to get approval from the insurance, she'll work with them too. SHE will be your best friend, confidante, and mentor while using NFCMC. For the rest of the Nursing staff, they're nice & polite. The moment after you remember you need to empty your bladder before the ultrasound, and use the restroom in the lobby, is when they'll finally call your name. Every.time. Some of the phlebotomist are better than others, you'll either leave the chair with a smile, laugh, or a bruise. Overall, they've got a very good routine and you'll rarely wait more than 10 minutes in the lobby for your appointment. (Which is great when you're trying to fit your appointments in during your lunch break.)
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Strengths: The office staff have a smooth routine down in the office, friendliness of the staff, tons of experience from several doctors and lots of patients, you'll get to know all of the doctors at NCFMC (they're all personable, so you can ask them questions after/ during your exam). Weaknesses: the exam rooms are rather tight, so there's not a lot of room for your personal items or your partner. They recently moved their Roseville office into Sacramento. You'll rarely see your personal Dr (although they are available via e-mail) and scheduling appointments with your personal Doctor is 3-4 weeks out. Good to know: NCFMC has several Doctors on staff, who have their own patients and they have a "duty" type of schedule. So they rotate, when they see their personal patients, when they are in the exam room, when they have to work the weekends/ holidays, etc. As such, you'll get to know all/most of the Doctors at NCFMC during the ultrasound visits. However, You won't see your assigned Doctor unless you schedule a one-on-one appointment, or its your lucky day when they're the one to walk into your exam room.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sahar Stephens at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
The clinic cost were not covered by our insurance, but some of the medications were. For the clinic, the meds, consultations, etc.; the IUI rounds were about $3,000 each and the IVF (extraction-only) were about $15,000 each.
Describe Sahar Stephens's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
N/A - did not have embryos to transfer. :-(
Roseville (closed)

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sahar Stephens at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.

I feel like a human because he calls us by name sits down with us and looks us in the eye. ... He was very good at explaining the process and what is going on in terms we understand. He gives us all the information to make educated decisions and I never feel pressured. ... It’s refreshing to feel listened to and supported in this very vulnerable time. I never feel rushed while in appointments with him. I truly believe he puts the best interest of his patients first. I recommend him any chance I get!
The front office [NCFMC] is so cheerful and helpful. All the medical assistance are friendly and caring. They move quickly and provide good feedback, they always go the extra mile. ... She [nurse] answers back promptly, but I don’t feel like her communication style is right for me. I never leave feeling care for as a person. ... I feel like the answer all questions and if they don’t have the answer they find someone that does.
How was your experience with Michael Murray at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
He was very good at explaining the process and what is going on in terms we understand. He gives us all the information to make educated decisions and I never feel pressured. He answers all questions timely and supportively, no matter how many times I ask. He has great bedside manner and I feel that he really cares about us as people. It’s refreshing to feel listened to and supported in this very vulnerable time. I never feel rushed while in appointments with him. I truly believe he puts the best interest of his patients first. I recommend him any chance I get!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Murray at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
Ask questions he has the answers and the knowledge to explain it until you feel comfortable. He is truly is a great educator.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Murray at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
I feel like a human because he calls us by name sits down with us and looks us in the eye. When he tells us about the next steps he explains why he is doing it for us this way and why he has adjusted it from our pervious tries. He set up phone appointment because we live 2 hours away and always tries to make it easier on us. He also asks us about our lives and self’s outside of just talking about fertility issues. He is a gem.
Describe the protocols Michael Murray used in your cycles at Northern California Fertility Medical Center and their degree of success.
We started will a time intercourse and medication cycle because we could not make it down to Roseville when we needed too. Instead of wasting a month we picked to do this. Then we went to IUI with injection medication and oral medication due to my low egg count. After the first unsuccessful he didn’t hesitate to up the medication for the next round of IUI to try and get more follicles. Now we are moving forward with IVF due to the unsuccessful IUI and my low egg count. We have decide to be aggressive with the hormones to get the most follicles as possible.
She answers back promptly, but I don’t feel like her communication style is right for me. I never leave feeling care for as a person.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
I feel like the answer all questions and if they don’t have the answer they find someone that does. The front office is so cheerful and helpful. All the medical assistance are friendly and caring. They move quickly and provide good feedback, they always go the extra mile.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Murray at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
IUI with insemination and Medications was 2600.00 First appointment was 250.00 Cyst removal at surgery center 990.00 IVF 26-27,000.00
Describe Michael Murray's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
He wants to transfer one for safety of the baby and myself. To make sure that we don’t end up with premature babies with health problems. He also said everybody’s body is able to tolerate things different and we don’t want to put anyone at risk.
Roseville (closed)

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michael Murray at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.

Dr. Gould made my experience with male infertility feel much better. ... Dr. Gould ensured our concerns were addressed in a timely manner and followed up to check on us on frequent occasions. ... He explained that my initial semen analysis does not immediately indicate that I have male infertility issues, so he sent me in for some hormone testing to double check my hormones are working properly.
Our clinic [No Cal Fertility Medical Center] is awesome! I can’t express how much I appreciated their support and genuine care. They returned our phone calls and emails in a timely manner and ensured we get the help we needed. Their clinic is always clean and feel welcoming at every visit. ... Our patient care coordinator is awesome. She was compassionate and expressed empathy.
How was your experience with John Gould at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
Dr. Gould is an excellent urologist. He made my visit very comfortable. He is very personable and ensure my wife and I were taken care of. He answered all of our questions thoroughly and guided us through the process with empathy.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Gould at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
Remember to advocate for yourself throughout the fertility treatment process. Ask all the questions you want because knowledge will give you more confident to make informed decisions, especially in this emotional rollercoaster journey.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Gould at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
Dr. Gould made my experience with male infertility feel much better. My wife and I didn’t expect going through any male infertility issue; however, this was the outcome. Dr. Gould ensured our concerns were addressed in a timely manner and followed up to check on us on frequent occasions. Although my consultation with Dr. Gould focused on my male infertility, he also checked on my wife’s fertility history to ensure she received the proper care.
Describe the protocols John Gould used in your cycles at Northern California Fertility Medical Center and their degree of success.
Dr. Gould reviewed my initial semen analysis and went over my health history. He explained that my initial semen analysis does not immediately indicate that I have male infertility issues, so he sent me in for some hormone testing to double check my hormones are working properly. Fortunately my hormones testing came back good so he couldn’t recommend anything besides changes to personal health and diet to see if they will help improve my sperm health.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Kristina)
Our patient care coordinator is awesome. She was compassionate and expressed empathy. She answered all of our questions and didn’t stop supporting us.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Our clinic is awesome! I can’t express how much I appreciated their support and genuine care. They returned our phone calls and emails in a timely manner and ensured we get the help we needed. Their clinic is always clean and feel welcoming at every visit.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Gould at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
We paid for Dr. Gould’s consultation and the hormone tests that he ordered for us. We covered all the cost out of pocket because our insurance didn’t cover fertility treatment.
John Gould
Roseville (closed)

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with John Gould at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.

One of his weaknesses is empathy. My husband and I were pretty anxious with the process of how infertility treatment work, and I don’t believe Dr. Murray observed our concerns and worries. ... He ensured that all of our questions were answered and didn’t tried to sugar coat anything. ... Dr. Murray carefully walked us through the process and help ease the beginning steps for us.dd
My husband went to the clinic [No CA Fertility Medical Center] to provide his semen analysis and he mentioned that their semen collection rooms were clean and comfortable, so he didn’t feel awkward or nervous. I had my blood drawn at the clinic and the nurses and medical assistants were wonderful. ... The clinic was very responsive and professional. My husband and I didn’t have any problems with them during our consultations.
Dr. Murray’s interaction with my husband and I were professional. His communication and timely service were his strengths. He ensured that all of our questions were answered and our infertility diagnostic results (I.e. semen analysis, HSG, blood work) were shared with us in a timely manner. One of his weaknesses is empathy. My husband and I were pretty anxious with the process of how infertility treatment work, and I don’t believe Dr. Murray observed our concerns and worries. We needed guidance but didn’t really get that from him so we conducted research on our own to ensure our decisions met our expectations.
Make sure to follow up with him if you have any questions. You have to advocate for yourself, especially when going through fertility treatment for the first time because there is no manual on what the steps are.
Dr. Murray was very professional and treated my husband and I neutrally. He ensured that all of our questions were answered and didn’t tried to sugar coat anything. He knew that we wanted clear feedback to ensure we make informed decisions so we really appreciated his professionalism. One thing that we were concerned was the process of going through fertility treatment and Dr. Murray carefully walked us through the process and help ease the beginning steps for us.
Based on our infertility diagnostic results, we were faced with male infertility. My husband had low sperm count and zero percent morphology. We had to repeat a second semen analysis to confirm the severe male infertility results. Dr. Murray offered us one option: IVF with ICSI. We wanted to see if we were candidates for IUI but unfortunately we didn’t meet the qualifications according to Dr. Murray. It was disappointing and we are currently in the state of accepting our situation. It would have been nice to see all the options prior to being offer one option only.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Kristina )
Our patient coordinator was awesome. She made us feel comfortable and did her best to ensure we have multiple options to choose from since we were paying everything out of pocket.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
The clinic was very responsive and professional. My husband and I didn’t have any problems with them during our consultations. The clinic environment was welcoming and sanitary. My husband went to the clinic to provide his semen analysis and he mentioned that their semen collection rooms were clean and comfortable, so he didn’t feel awkward or nervous. I had my blood drawn at the clinic and the nurses and medical assistants were wonderful.
The clinic was transparent with their cost up front. There were no surprises. We paid everything out of pocket because our insurance didn’t cover fertility treatment. Our cost included: consultation (I.e. transvaginal ultrasound, vitals, speaking to Dr. Murray about our history), HSG, blood work, semen analysis, and consultation with urologist Dr. Gould.
Roseville (closed)

Dr. Lovely doesn't come off as superior but in fact has a lovely bed side manner. ... She did offer is endometrial scratch as well as more info on genetic testing. ... I was a bit shocked to hear I'd be hopped around to different Doctors in the practice ... I am so appreciative of her thoroughness and the time she gives to her patients. ... She listen very well and also her humor does lighten the mood!
I think the staff [Northern California Fertility Med Ctr] is great! Very supportive and compassionate through and through. The answering service cant answer very many questions and calling in after hours was a pain, or on weekends. They didnt seem to be as connected. The billing department staff left ALOT to be desired. ... I wish Alyssa could be my friend in real life. I cant Express all the ways she has helped make this process doable and make me feel so much love and support. She basically rocks!
How was your experience with Laurie Lovely at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
I was a bit shocked to hear I'd be hopped around to different Doctors in the practice not just exclusively seeing her. I quickly learned that she put her faith in these other great physicians and that they all work as extensions of one another. Each one seemed just as invested as she was. I am so appreciative of her thoroughness and the time she gives to her patients. She always says when in doubt please call. I never feel like I'm bothering her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laurie Lovely at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
Dr. Lovely doesn't come off as superior but in fact has a lovely bed side manner. I was switched to her in the middle of my infertility journey and she put me at ease despite the circumstance of changing Doctors. She is very direct but also let's you know she is there to help and provide info, she never pushes her agenda only your own. She listen very well and also her humor does lighten the mood!
Describe the protocols Laurie Lovely used in your cycles at Northern California Fertility Medical Center and their degree of success.
She did offer is endometrial scratch as well as more info on genetic testing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Alyssa)
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
I think the staff is great! Very supportive and compassionate through and through. The answering service cant answer very many questions and calling in after hours was a pain, or on weekends. They didnt seem to be as connected. The billing department staff left ALOT to be desired.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laurie Lovely at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
My entire cycle one is between 17,250- 18,000. This includes monitoring, meds, cyro freeze for a year, retrieval and transfer.
Roseville (closed)

Dr. Stephens is my primary doctor, which I am glad to see her in consultations and if I need to talk to her on the phone. I think she is the best. I really like her overall demeanor and the ways she explains things. ... Dr. Stephens has a calm and caring personality. She is good at explaining things and listing the options and pros and cons and helping guide you to the right decisions ... she did say if I had to do it again I may need more medications next time, which was true and now with better results this time around.
Clinic [Northern California Fertility Med Ctr] is great- the whole staff has been really nice. ... One thing I wish they took was Care Credit ... My nurse Courtney and all the others have been great ... Also I work in Sacramento and clinic is in Roseville, so sometimes harder to get to appts during work hours because it is a 30 min drive there and then back. ... The only bummer is when you go to appts you see different doctors each time
Dr. Stephens is my primary doctor, which I am glad to see her in consultations and if I need to talk to her on the phone. I think she is the best. I really like her overall demeanor and the ways she explains things. The only bummer is when you go to appts you see different doctors each time, just luck of the draw if you get her or someone else once you actually start treatments and go to appts based on your cycle.
She is great.
My husband and I started out slowly doing 5 IUI over a 2 year period, they recommend only 3 before moving on to IVF but supported my decision to do more. I took my awhile to warm up to idea of doing IVF and did first cycle in May of 2018. I only got 7 eggs retrieved and 1 made it to day 5 freezing, we transferred the 1 egg and didn't work out. Right now in the middles of round 2 and so far got 13 eggs retrieved, 3 made it to day 5 freeze and waiting on PGS test results to come back in next week or two. I am bummed the the first round didn't work out, but happy the second round is so far going better and hopeful for a successful pregnancy with one of those 3 frozen eggs. On the first round, my I didn't have as many follicles and they would have liked and did up my meds during the cycle but she did say if I had to do it again I may need more medications next time, which was true and now with better results this time around.
My nurse Courtney and all the others have been great
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Clinic is great- the whole staff has been really nice. One thing I wish they took was Care Credit, we had that credit card for an emergency pet surgery and has low interest for paying back and would have been great if they accepted it there. Also I work in Sacramento and clinic is in Roseville, so sometimes harder to get to appts during work hours because it is a 30 min drive there and then back.
IUI were around 500 each, with some insurance coverage and then first IVF around 5,000 with insurance coverage. Insurance had a lifetime max that I hit with first IVF so now second IVF out of pocket and going to cost around 25,000 total with ICSI, PGS and 1 FET
I only ever wanted to do single transfers so didn't get into the approach of doing multiple.

Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr Doblado is awesome. He is friendly, very informative and has a great bedside manner. I had to have a d & c for a missed miscarriage and he was so caring and made me feel safe. He is the best! He is very thorough and honest. My husband feels very comfortable with him as well. ... I have had 4 IUI’s to date. ... He is friendly, very informative ... I have had 4 IUI’s to date. I have a possible blocked right Fallopian tube.
I have only been to Northern California Fertility Clinic. We have had only good experiences and continue to work with them to get pregnant. We are very hopeful. ... They [doctors] assured me that I am not too old and treat me with so much respect. The office staff is very friendly and remember you when you check in. The office is clean, has its own labs and onsite procedures. Highly recommend!
European, Latino
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Manuel Doblado at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Manuel Doblado at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
He is awesome! Have a consultation with him and you will see!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Manuel Doblado at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
Dr Doblado was very sweet and had a wonderful bedside manner. I had to have a D & C after my missed miscarriage and he made me feel so comfortable and safe.
Describe the protocols Manuel Doblado used in your cycles at Northern California Fertility Medical Center and their degree of success.
I have had 4 IUI’s to date. I have a possible blocked right Fallopian tube. My husband has been tested and he is perfect. I have an 18 year old from a prior relationship. My first couple months we tried oral medications, Clomid and Letrozole. When we did IUI it was oral Letrozole with Gonal F and Ovidril. On CD 1 I had to have an ultrasound to check my uterine lining. Then start oral meds. Sub Q injections and cd 14 another ultrasound to check my uterine lining and egg count. Once my egg was &gt;18, we did the trigger shot. IUI was scheduled for the following 2 days. I’ve gotten pregnant with 3 IUI’s, 1 miscarriage and 2 chemicals.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Kayla)
Kayla was great! Very informative and responds to calls right away. Super friendly and truly wants you to succeed.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
I have only been to Northern California Fertility Clinic. We have had only good experiences and continue to work with them to get pregnant. We are very hopeful. I am 40 and have thought I am too old. Dr Doblado and Dr Lovely are great. They assured me that I am not too old and treat me with so much respect. The office staff is very friendly and remember you when you check in. The office is clean, has its own labs and onsite procedures. Highly recommend!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Manuel Doblado at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Each IUI round was close to $3,000 with medications and sperm washing, ultrasounds etc
Male Factor, Other
Dr Murray is very honest but warm. He communicates well from the beginning and validates all concerns and discussed all options. I like that he involved us in every aspect of decision making and was candid when in came to understanding why things are done the way they are done. He cites specific data and really knows what he’s talking about ... Dr Murray was always honest with us but was and is hopeful and genuine.
Ncfmc is great. Easy to schedule, easy to know who your contacts are, very transparent and cozy. We knew what we would owe, our treatment options, and personalized information all along the way. We felt very comfortable here for our entire treatment ... Courtney [nurse] is great. She responds quickly and is very information driven and organized. We felt we were in good hands with her
Male Factor, Other
Trust him. He will give the best options for success
Dr Murray was always honest with us but was and is hopeful and genuine. He really cares about everyone he sees
150iu gonal f for 11 days, 75iu menopur 11 days, ganirelix 5 days, lupron +hcg trigger. Ultrasounds every other day. Aspirin and Gatorade to avoid ohss. We knew we had to do ivf so we skipped strait to that. I was a good responder so we focused on getting follicles to 18mm and avoiding ohss. 27 eggs retrieved, 26 mature, 23 fertilized, 5 day 5/6 blastocysts, PGS tested and frozen. 3 PGS normal. FET after rest month post retrieval (two menses post retrieval before FET to rebalance hormones)
Courtney is great. She responds quickly and is very information driven and organized. We felt we were in good hands with her
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
We paid 8,000 for meds, 5000 with retrieval and ICSI for cycle and monitoring, and 800 for transfer. Also paid an additional 1000 for labs. Insurance covered some but not all
We can only transfer one because of my uterine anomaly and the dangers to me and baby if we transferred more than one. Dr Murray explained that PGS testing gives us a great chance of successful eset

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Murray Was very compassionate when we didn’t get the results we hoped for. He took the time to go through and understand some other health issues that were specific to me ... I only wish I would have had him during all y checks, felt a little lost with seeing different doctors all the time ...
[Northern California Fertility Med Ctr] Strengths would definitely be the combined knowledge of all the doctors there. Weakness wise I sometimes felt lost in the shuffle and felt like I needed more specialized care at times. . ... Every appointment (check) after my consult with Dr. Murray was done by different doctors. And to be honest they had slightly different ideas on treatment or some were more conservative about going ahead with an IUI cycle. ... Kayla was a great nurse coordinator, she was very responsive to calls and questions. ...
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Murray was very clear with expectations and hardships we may encounter. I felt he was very knowledgeable. I only wish I would have had him during all y checks, felt a little lost with seeing different doctors all the time
If you have questions, call (or email) him or ask to have him call you back. I felt like I got lost in the shuffle a couple times with nurses and the other docs that were there for our checks.
We did mixed IUi cycles with medication and injections. My first attempt was with clomid (and gonal-f). The clomid which didn’t really work for me so I was switched to a different medication with the gonal- f. I did 4 rounds of medications, but 3 round of the IUI (IUI done 2 days in a row) as I had one round of medication where inoculated early so we could not to the IUi part. I did not become pregnant. Between my 1st and 2nd IUI attempt Dr. Murray removed a polyp from my uterus that they had discovered on the ultrasounds. I also have a chronic illness and the medications exasterbated my other illness.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Strengths would definitely be the combined knowledge of all the doctors there. Weakness wise I sometimes felt lost in the shuffle and felt like I needed more specialized care at times. Every appointment (check) after my consult with Dr. Murray was done by different doctors. And to be honest they had slightly different ideas on treatment or some were more conservative about going ahead with an IUI cycle. At times it was a bit frustrating. Because of my chronic illness, I really struggled with the medications I did feel like certain aspects of my illness that could affect fertility weren’t addressed maybe as much as they should have been.
I think it was about $2600 for each IUI cycle not including the medications which was about $2000 a cycle.
Dr. Murray was clear that due to my age if I did IVF I should also have the embryos genetically screened and then only one egg implanted at a time.
What specific things went wrong at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Mostly I just felt like I would get different and sometimes conflicting information from the different doctors. They front staff could be better about updating payment records. Every time I checked in I had to go through a couple people to show that I had already paid for a cycle.

Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
From my very fist visit with Dr. Murray, I could tell that he saw me as a person and not just the next patient on his schedule. He takes extra time to answer questions and when he had to tell me the bad news about our cancelled cycle, I felt he was experiencing the pain with us. He made sure that neither my husband or I had further questions before leaving the room. He was very honest about our chances and was forward about changing up the plan for the next cycle.
The receptionists [N. CA Fertility Med Ctr] are wonderful. All of them know us know and were there for us when we had the bad news. One time I called 2 minutes before their phones turned over, and I never felt rushed or that I was putting them out.... Nurse Courtney is FANTASTIC. She has that perfect balance of being compassionate while also being straight forward and to the point. She makes color coded sheets with the drugs on them and checks to be sure we understand each step.
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
For future patients of Dr. Murray, I would tell them to trust in the process and to fully trust that Dr. Murray will make the right recommendations. Also trust that he will be honest about your chances and and not inflate what he tells you just to make you feel better.
Dr. Murray was involved with both of our IVF cycles. The first time I met him was an appointment to remove the uterine balloon catheter after my hysteroscopy. He introduced himself to me and then apologized for having to hurt me on the first time we met. Removing the balloon catheters can be a bit uncomfortable. I felt right away that he really cared about me as a person and just not the next client. He also did my egg retrieval for my first cycle and unfortunately was the doc to tell me we needed to cancel my last cycle. I was crying and he was very honest yet hopeful about trying again. I feel absolutely comfortable asking him questions. I never feel rushed. I feel very thankful that I have him now looking after my next cycle.
A different doc set up my last cycle that was cancelled. This next cycle that we are starting now is the low dose Lupron cycle. My ovaries did not respond to the last cycle.
Nurse Courtney is FANTASTIC. She has that perfect balance of being compassionate while also being straight forward and to the point. She makes color coded sheets with the drugs on them and checks to be sure we understand each step. She always answers my questions and is easy to get in contact with.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
The receptionists are wonderful. All of them know us know and were there for us when we had the bad news. One time I called 2 minutes before their phones turned over, and I never felt rushed or that I was putting them out. Courtney, our nurse, is wonderful. I don't want to go through this now without her! Dr. Murray, Dr. Lovely, and Dr. Doblado have been great to us. The only difficulty at all was when first trying to get our initial consult. It took over a week before anyone returned our call to make our first appointment. It took longer for my husband to get an appointment to be evaluated. Once we have been patients, everything has been wonderful. I have never considered going elsewhere.
The hysteroscopy was approximately 2k, however the remainder was paid for by our insurance company. That is all the insurance covers. Nothing for IVF. Our first cycle of drugs was approx 5.5k. The second close to 8k. The first IVF cycle was approx 13K and the second was cancelled.
Unfortunately, we have not reached that point yet.
Roseville (closed)

Dr Stephens gave us hope after two other doctors had given us discouragement. The diagnosis of unexplained infertility can be very discouraging but she showed us multiple treatment plans and gave us hope.... My husband and I felt like Dr Stephen was very patient and listened to our questions and concerns. She even took the time to explain results from a prior surgery i had had with another surgeon.... We started with a letrozole IUI cycle. We decided to start at the least invasive treatment and then work our way up.
The clinic [NoCa Fert Med Ctr] is always very clean and well kept. They are experts at what they do! From the time I called to schedule our initial consultation I knew I had made the right decision. They were quick to get me on the schedule the receptionist was very professional and able to answer all my questions. This made me feel very comfortable right from the start. The financial coordinators really know what they are doing and are able to quickly discuss coverage with you.
She take the time to listen unlike most doctors who are watching the clock.
We started with a letrozole IUI cycle. We decided to start at the least invasive treatment and then work our way up. This was what was recommended by Dr Stephens and was the best choice for my husband and I.
The nursing staff is always very professional and compassionate. They always take the time to answer questions and make you feel important.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
The clinic is always very clean and well kept. They are experts at what they do! From the time I called to schedule our initial consultation I knew I had made the right decision. They were quick to get me on the schedule the receptionist was very professional and able to answer all my questions. This made me feel very comfortable right from the start. The financial coordinators really know what they are doing and are able to quickly discuss coverage with you. All of the staff are extremely knowledgeable in their profession and make you feel very comfortable. You know your in great hands at the Roseville Norhtern California Fertility Clinic.
We did a letrozole IUI cycle and are now beginning our journey with IVF. So far with IUI we have spent approx $1500 on one cylce.
We are just beginning our journey into IVF after and unsuccessful IUI.
Roseville (closed)

Dr Lovely was very upfront about expectations and when we didn't get a favorable result with PGS testing, she was helpful with deciding next steps and understanding of our emotions during a tough time.... Dr Lovely has been respectful, knowledgeable and compassionate during the whole process. She took time to answer all our questions and never made us feel like we had to rush out or that we were just another couple to go in and out of the clinic.
This clinic [Northern California Fertility Medical Center] is organized, professional and clean. They have staff to assist through everything, including finances. I met with several doctors through my treatment and was equally happy with them all. I felt like they really cared about us and want for us to succeed.... IVF cycle was $12,500 including ICSI, PGS biopsy and cryopreservation. Another approx. $4000 for medications and we also paid for PGS testing through Igenomix. I'm not sure of the price for PGS.
European, Other
Dr Lovely has been respectful, knowledgeable and compassionate during the whole process. She took time to answer all our questions and never made us feel like we had to rush out or that we were just another couple to go in and out of the clinic. I would 100% recommend her to other couples with infertility.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laurie Lovely at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
Bring all the questions you have, she will be happy to answer them and give advice. She also gave us lots of options for treatment, depending on factors such as age, budget, emotional expenses.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Alyssa Schnorr)
Alyssa was amazing. She had everything organized and she was also a cheerleader through the whole process. She responds to emails promptly and just overall was a huge support.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
This clinic is organized, professional and clean. They have staff to assist through everything, including finances. I met with several doctors through my treatment and was equally happy with them all. I felt like they really cared about us and want for us to succeed.
Describe Laurie Lovely's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Dr Lovely advised us that single embryo transfer would be advised in our situation, due to my age and that it's safer for mother and baby to have a singleton pregnancy. She also said she had a patient that put in 2 embryos, one split, so they ended up with triplets, which is even more dangerous.
Roseville (closed)

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Laurie Lovely at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Stephens is friendly, honest, trustworthy. She explains the process and procedures in terms I understand. She genuinely wants the best for her patients. She cares about her patients and does all she can to provide the best care while hoping to achieve the best outcome.... We have unexplained infertility so we started with IUI using clomid. My first round didn’t produce as many follicles as she had hoped for so the second IUI she increased my medication. After the second failed IUI, she gave me the option of doing surgery to see if there was anything else going on inside that we were unaware of.
I honestly can’t think of a weakness at this time. They are a very busy clinic [Nor CA Fert Med Ctr] but I never feel rushed. My questions are always answered and I never have to wait long. Sometimes I wish I could see Dr. Stephens a little more regularly, but I have come to know all of the other doctors and they are all just as friendly. I feel comfortable with them all, and they come into my examination room knowing where I’m at in the process and up to date. They all work very well as a team, the doctors, nurses, and staff.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
I’d tell them they are in good hands.
Dr. Stephens is a great doctor. I’m so happy we found her and the NCFMC facility. She’s always been upfront and honest and showed sympathy and understanding at all times. She explains the procedures and process in terms we can understand and feel comfortable with her.
We have unexplained infertility so we started with IUI using clomid. My first round didn’t produce as many follicles as she had hoped for so the second IUI she increased my medication. After the second failed IUI, she gave me the option of doing surgery to see if there was anything else going on inside that we were unaware of. I elected for surgery. She found slight endometriosis and a cyst. Those were removed and we tried for a third IUI. The third failed. She informed me I could try for a 4th IUI or go on to IVF. WE elected for IVF at that point. The first round of IVF did not produce as many eggs as we had hoped for. We had 11 in total. My right side didn’t respond as well as she hoped and the two embryos we had remaining Cake back abnormal. We are in the process of our second IVF. This round she has increased my meds in hopes of retrieving more eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Jamie Fife)
My Nurse Jamie is great. She explains everything well, returns my calls when I have a question, gives me outlines of dates and medications and instructions. All of the staff at NCFMC is very helpful and friendly.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
I honestly can’t think of a weakness at this time. They are a very busy clinic but I never feel rushed. My questions are always answered and I never have to wait long. Sometimes I wish I could see Dr. Stephens a little more regularly, but I have come to know all of the other doctors and they are all just as friendly. I feel comfortable with them all, and they come into my examination room knowing where I’m at in the process and up to date. They all work very well as a team, the doctors, nurses, and staff.
I believe the average cost for the IUI process was about $1,100. For IVF, our first round was about 18k-20k. That included all of our appointments, ultrasounds, egg retrieval, genetic testing, and ICSI.

2014 - 2018
Dr Stephens was always available to answer all questions and concerns I had. She was compassionate during difficult times.... She was available for questions regarding my cycles. I would have preferred to see her more often than other Drs in the clinic, but all doctors kept great notes so there was a good continuity of care. Each time I met with a doctor, they knew what was going on.... Ask questions, and ask to see her as much as possible.
Everyone you encounter in the office [Northern California Fertility Medical Ctr] - receptionist, finance people, nurses, drs, assistants, etc - all are very friendly and take a genuine interest in you.... Once, I had to call the clinic for results a day later than promised (when they were supposed to call me). They were surprised I didn't receive a call and apologetic. They gave me my results shortly after my call.... The nurses were not as fluid as the drs were when assisting patients that were not "assigned" to them
2014 - 2018
Ask questions, and ask to see her as much as possible.
Courtney was able to communicate without through email (my preferred method). This allowed almost all of our conversations to be documented and easy for me to refer back to. She was patient and throuough. Courtney's work days varied, so there would be times where she was not in the office - these times I would see a substitute nurse. The substitute nurse was not always familiar with my case, and I often had to remind them of my treatments. The nurses were not as fluid as the drs were when assisting patients that were not "assigned" to them
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
I am fortunate that I have a very flexible schedule, so I can make appointment times work. I can see others having a more challenging time with scheduling if they have a more rigid schedule. Everyone you encounter in the office - receptionist, finance people, nurses, drs, assistants, etc - all are very friendly and take a genuine interest in you.
We were fortunate that we have insurance to cover a portion of our procedures. Over the last 4 years we have spent approximately $100,000 meds, procedures, etc.
My embryos were all pgs tested, so we only transferred one at a time. Since I didn't have many "normal" embryos, I was OK with doing a single transfer - it gave me more opportunities for fet and to try to get pregnant
Roseville (closed)

At our very first consultation Dr. Murray went through the whole process of IVF during so he personalized it to our specific case. He spent as much time with us as we needed and answered all of our questions. We left feeling excited and hopeful ....Dr. Murray has a gentle spirit and is very knowledgeable. He has great bedside manner and never once made me feel uncomfortable. He always asked if I had any questions and explained things thoroughly.
This clinic [Northern California Fertility Medical Center] is very on top of things. They were great about getting my lab results and keeping me informed on labs results as well as the treatment plan. They spent an hour with my husband and I just going through the financial aspect.... I will be assigned a nurse in the next week. All of the experience I have had with the nursing staff for blood draws and assistance with the water sonogram have been great. Everyone has been friendly and encouraging.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
I have not started my IVF treatments yet. Dr. Murray did a water sonogram to make sure my uterus was the right shape, blood work to check my hormones and a DNA test to make sure there isn’t any conditions I could pass along. I have now completed everything I need to do and will start my treatments my next cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Waiting to see who my nurse is.)
I will be assigned a nurse in the next week. All of the experience I have had with the nursing staff for blood draws and assistance with the water sonogram have been great. Everyone has been friendly and encouraging. My care coordinator has been very thorough and answered all of my questions in a quick manner.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
This clinic is very on top of things. They were great about getting my lab results and keeping me informed on labs results as well as the treatment plan. They spent an hour with my husband and I just going through the financial aspect.
$16,000 is what we were estimated for the total out of pocket. Our insurance is paying 50% up until egg retrieval
A prescription for doxycycline was supposed to be ordered for a test I was having and the pharmacy never received it. However I have had issues with that pharmacy before, so it may have been them.

6 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr Lovely has always made my husband and I feel very comfortable. She is thorough in explaining all parts of the process from preparation, to possible complications/risks, alternate plans available, and results. We always feel well prepared and informed of what we're doing.... We started with medicated IUI cycles as I have PCOS and we have a slight sperm count the issue. I tried letrozole and clomid but did not respond/ovulate. Dr Lovely then recommend a mixed IUI cycle of letrozole and gonal-f injections, which I did respond to, we tried 5 rounds but we did not concieve. After those IUIs failed it was recommended that we move onto IVF. We are part way through our first IVF cycle and now have frozen emrbros waiting for transfer.
Every time I've gone into the office [NCFMC] everyone from reception to nurses and Dr's my visits have been enjoyable and comfortable. Appointment times are honored and I've never had a long wait. I greatly appreciate that they are open 7 days a week, including holidays.... The staff has always been supportive, communicative and understanding of our journey. I appreciate them all.
6 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Be open and honest with what you're going through, as she's there to help.
Dr Lovely always takes the time to fully listen, she answers any and all questions, follows up and provides you with the best options for your specific situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Dottie/Alyssa)
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Every time I've gone into the office everyone from reception to nurses and Dr's my visits have been enjoyable and comfortable. Appointment times are honored and I've never had a long wait. I greatly appreciate that they are open 7 days a week, including holidays.
Our insurance covers a portion of our treatments. Then there was our out of pocket fee based on treatment, IUI or IVF, due to NCFMC on or before cycle day 1. Then there were medication fees due to my pharmacy for medications needed for treatment.
All the Dr.'s at NCFMC have encouraged only one embryo transfer at a time. They have been very informative and provided statistics on why this option is preferred, both for my safety and that of our future babies. My husband and I trust their opinions and have agreed to only transfer one at a time.
In the very beginning there was one form my husband had to sign that was misplaced a few times. It didn't result in any treatment issues but it was a bit frustrating with his varying work hours.
Roseville (closed)

I thought she [Dr. Stephens] was very nice. I wish i was able to see her more often and she was a bigger part of my journey. We had very little interaction... she was technically my dr but didn't do any of my iui"s and i only saw her twice in the five month span... We started the first two rounds with a moderate dose of clomid. Unfortunately it didn't affect my body the way it was supposed to so i did another round of clomid before both of my iuis.
Each iui was about $1200 with my insurance covering a little of the dr visits.....the clinic [Northern CA Fertility Med Ctr] is always clean in the waiting room. i think that they need to work on cleanliness in the back too. I have been in for a lot of ultra sounds and the first two times i was there i got something wet on my feet at the bottom of the table.... my prescriptions were not sent in twice and my iui was canceled without any explanation...
I thought she was very nice. I wish i was able to see her more often and she was a bigger part of my journey. We had very little interaction and i felt very awkward with her when i cried on one visit. I think we were unable to have a connection because of the lack of time between us.
Make sure to ask for her for every visit.
Dr. Stephens was very nice but i hated that she was technically my dr but didn't do any of my iui"s and i only saw her twice in the five month span only because i asked for an extra appointment with her. My unhappiness with my experience is mostly with ncfmc not Dr. Stephens.
We started the first two rounds with a moderate dose of clomid. Unfortunately it didn't affect my body the way it was supposed to so i did another round of clomid before both of my iuis. The third time they doubled the dose of clomid and we tried to see if that made a difference, it did not. My iui was canceled and i went in the next month for a baseline ultrasound. During that visit i was told that i had a cyst on my ovaries and needed to go on birth control for a month. I did that and went back in for another ultrasound. The cyst cleared up and i was able to start injections. The injections worked and we did one more iui that was also unsuccessful.
i was very disappointed in the call back time and how prepared she was for our conversation. i thought it was very cold and that wasnt what i was looking for when coming to a fertility clinic. I too cried in front of my nurse and felt a awkward period where she looked uncomfortable about it.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
the clinic is always clean in the waiting room. i think that they need to work on cleanliness in the back too. I have been in for a lot of ultra sounds and the first two times i was there i got something wet on my feet at the bottom of the table. The third time there was a puddle of lube at the end of the table. i am displeased with the call backs too. There have been multiple times when i call and do not hear back within two days.
Each iui was about $1200 with my insurance covering a little of the dr visits.
my prescriptions were not sent in twice and my iui was canceled without any explanation except that the medicine didn't work so you should talk to your dr and see where to go from here. He then left the room. Results were also given incorrectly and they had to call and tell us after we left that they read them wrong.
Roseville (closed)

With Dr. Stephens we were not having a discussion on clinical facts, instead we sat down had a very personable conversation while discussing options and facts. She took all the anxiety away and allowed my husband and I to walk away with hopes for a reality of having a baby while managing expectations...We opted to go with PGS due to our ages (Husband 44, I am 37) and after additional discussion with Dr. Stephens looking at all possible pros and cons we chose genetic testing and single embryo transfers for highest percentage of results.
I really liked how they [No Cal Fert Med Ctr] have very specialized professionals to discuss all needs regarding your care and if they don't know the answer they are not afraid to say they don't know, will find out and do call you with the findings....the nursing staff is amazing, super nice and caring. They also are available to answer any and all questions you might have... Dr. Stephens and all the doctors are open and willing to answer every and all questions.
Dr. Stephens and Dr. Murray are the primary providers overseeing my treatments and both are AMAZING. I have felt very comfortable with both and they have walked me through every step along with answering every question I have. I could not have asked for better physicians during this process.
Relax! Do your research as to better educate yourself about fertility procedures which makes for a better patient, but don't assume you know anything and don't be afraid to ask any questions. Dr. Stephens and all the doctors are open and willing to answer every and all questions.
Our first visit was one filled with anxiety, you already know you cannot conceive on your own and now you are trying to find out if IVF can be a solution. With Dr. Stephens we were not having a discussion on clinical facts, instead we sat down had a very personable conversation while discussing options and facts. She took all the anxiety away and allowed my husband and I to walk away with hopes for a reality of having a baby while managing expectations.
Antagonist IVF Cycle all freeze due to PGS - 225 iu Gonal-f for 10 days, 75 iu Menopur for 10 days, Cetrotide 5 days, Ovidrel 10,000. ICSI, PGS. We have male factor infertility and undefined cause for myself. We opted to go with PGS due to our ages (Husband 44, I am 37) and after additional discussion with Dr. Stephens looking at all possible pros and cons we chose genetic testing and single embryo transfers for highest percentage of results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Dottie )
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
I really liked how they have very specialized professionals to discuss all needs regarding your care and if they don't know the answer they are not afraid to say they don't know, will find out and do call you with the findings.
I am fortunate and my insurance did cover 50% of IVF treatment, and because we did a frozen transfer due to PGS, the office gave us 50% off the 1st FET. Total out of pocket so far is $14,490.75. Our upcoming 2nd FET will cost $3,900.00
Since we did PGS it is highly recommended to only transfer one embryo, however, I also wanted the safest possible outcome for myself and our potential baby so I only wanted to do single embryo transfers.
Roseville (closed)

A lot of the time Dr. Doblado helped me with my need of accommodation. My husband and i both Work a lot and coming in at the drop of a hat was hard. Dr doblado helped accommodate our needs by getting us in later and earlier than the regular clinic would allow. And for that i am greatful.... Every office visit was thorough and he helped me understand fertility treatments because there so confusing and I’m in the medical field! His bedside was awesome, he was compassionate and understanding. Not all families have a 9-5 and some tweaking may be needed to help every lady become a mother.
If i were a new patient [at N CA Fertility Med Ctr-Roseville] i would want to be aware that the providers are on cycles throughout the month. Seeing one provider may not mean you will have a procedure again with them. They rotate to allow coverage of weekends and holidays. Dr doblado only preformed one of the IUI’s and others filled in for him when needed... I first started with 50mg of Clomid and trigger shots called Lupron. We did this for 2 months and unfortunately i only grew 1 follicle each time.
I would suggest to have the patient ask as many questions as possible because there is a lot of big words and names that you might not fully grasp unless you ask what exactly for instance the difference between IUI and IVF is or a compounded medication versus a brand name.
I first started with 50mg of Clomid and trigger shots called Lupron. We did this for 2 months and unfortunately i only grew 1 follicle each time. So after the trigger injection we would proceed with the IUI and then wait two weeks. Unfortunately that didn’t result in pregnancy so we increased the Clomid to 100 and still 1 follicle and no Pregnancy. Today we are in the process of IVF And i have just started birth control and will start injections in 3 weeks.
The medical assistants are a little rough and not very compassionate. I don’t think they understand that we are women on hormones and failed pregnancies and attempts are devastating. I felt like hearded cattle, once i got through the gate of IVF a whole new approach came forth. The nurses are amazing and compassionate. I completely feel at home here.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
If i were a new patient i would want to be aware that the providers are on cycles throughout the month. Seeing one provider may not mean you will have a procedure again with them. They rotate to allow coverage of weekends and holidays. Dr doblado only preformed one of the IUI’s and others filled in for him when needed.
1200 per IUI 13,000 per IVF including meds
Describe Manuel Doblado's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
I would like to do multiple embryo transfers, but according to Dr. Doblado my chances of just doing one are over 70% accounting for my age. Therefore i believe and trust in him for a positive result with just one.
One of the medical assistants gave me results that my genetic testing raised a red flag for a disease that was actually negative.
Roseville (closed)

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Manuel Doblado at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.

2014 - 2018
IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer, Other
Each time we see Dr. Stephens, she is very personable and gives us her full attention. She makes a point of getting to know our situation and creating an open discussion of options.... With my situation, there has been a lot of “hurry up and wait” and “wait and see” time periods. Each time we see Dr. Sahar she is patient with all of our questions, and understanding and receptive of our thoughts and/or concerns. She is upfront and honest about our options and the pros/cons to each treatment.
All of the nurses [at N. CA Fertility Medical Center] I’ve interacted with have been kind and caring. They especially took EXCELLENT care of me on the day of my egg retrieval - before, during and after....Of course I wish fertility treatments were more affordable but they do their best to work with you. They are transparent about their services and pricing. There’s no pressure, they provide your treatment options, the success rates, the pros and cons, and they let you decide on the treatment you feel comfortable with.
2014 - 2018
IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer, Other
Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Sue)
All of the nurses I’ve interacted with have been kind and caring. They especially took EXCELLENT care of me on the day of my egg retrieval - before, during and after.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
No complaints here. My experience has been great each time. Of course I wish fertility treatments were more affordable but they do their best to work with you. They are transparent about their services and pricing. There’s no pressure, they provide your treatment options, the success rates, the pros and cons, and they let you decide on the treatment you feel comfortable with.
The egg retrieval was around $10,000, each embryo transfer can be up to $5,000 and each IUI cycle can be up to $2,000.
Dr. Stephens has explicitly stated that she will only do eSET due to the young age of my eggs upon retrieval. I totally understand the reasoning and approach, although, I am of the mind that it would be beneficial financially to increase the chances of a successful transfer with multiple embryo transfer.

2 IUI, IVF
Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Doblado has been amazing. He is a younger doctor which means he cares a lot about being up to date on the newest findings and studies. He respected my knowledge and treated my concerns with statistical evidence and reassurance. He is quick to respond with any questions we have....We have so appreciated Dr. Doblado's attention to our unique situation. He has been kind from the start and listened to me when I explained my concerns and went through vast amounts of research with me in order to put me at ease. He has a great bedside manner and was ready to take action as soon as we were.
I think it is important to know that you will see various doctors during your treatment because they are extremely busy! That being said, we have loved everyone we have seen so far and they are all extremely nice. Our nurse is amazing and we always see her which helps personalize our experience. They are very good about returning phone calls so make sure you leave detailed messages!...I cannot describe how amazing Alyssa is. She is on top of everything at all times!
2 IUI, IVF
Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
So far Dr. Doblado has been amazing. He is a younger doctor which means he cares a lot about being up to date on the newest findings and studies. He respected my knowledge and treated my concerns with statistical evidence and reassurance. He is quick to respond with any questions we have.
I would say to make sure that you ask any questions you have and don't be shy! He is a wealth of information and understands how difficult this process is.
We are on an antagonist protocol-75 iu of Menopur, 200 iu of Gonal F and then cetrotide will be added along with a lupron/hcg trigger. I have my first scan tomorrow and am hoping for beautiful results! He said that I am young with good eggs so they don't want to risk overstimulating me and having me end up with OHSS.
I cannot describe how amazing Alyssa is. She is on top of everything at all times! She always calls back the same day and if she isn't there I get a call back from her colleague because she checks voicemails from home! She has worked with me on donated meds and with the pharmacies to find the cheapest options possible and was so thorough explaining injections. When I was worried about my low baseline AFC she immediately told me that it was a great number and not to panic before I could even say anything! She can read how I'm feeling and she makes sure my husband and I fully understand what is going on during the process. Seriously she is an actual angel!
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
The cycle fee was contracted through my insurance at $4,000, Embryo Cryopreservation is $800, and FET is $3,300.
He is very firm on only transferring one embryo. He showed me a lot of data supporting that twin pregnancies are riskier and for a woman my age there is a good chance that transferring only one will work.

Unexplained, Other
Dr. Murray is a trustworthy, intelligent doctor. I felt confident in his understanding of our genetic issue and his protocol recommendation. He was open to all our questions and didn't make us feel bad for asking simple questions. He was also great at getting deeper into details when we asked more scientific questions....Due to my genetic condition, we wanted to get as many eggs retrieved as possible without overstimulating.
The people who draw blood [No Cal Fert Med Ctr] need more training....going to this clinic every other day to get monitoring labs done during a cycle is no fun when they stick me multiple times...Courtney isn't a bubbly/exciting personality, but she knows what she's doing and is helpful when you need it....I have no insurance coverage and fees are about $12250 which includes a cash discount.... Dr. Murray is a trustworthy, intelligent doctor.
Unexplained, Other
Dr. Murray is a trustworthy, intelligent doctor. I felt confident in his understanding of our genetic issue and his protocol recommendation. He was open to all our questions and didn't make us feel bad for asking simple questions. He was also great at getting deeper into details when we asked more scientific questions. He's compassionate and caring even though he may come off a little dry at first.
Don't be afraid to ask questions- he'll give you answers
He's a somewhat dry personality, but he treated us respectfully and thoughtfully answered all our questions
Due to my genetic condition, we wanted to get as many eggs retrieved as possible without overstimulating. My prep cycle consisted of 19 days of birth control pills. Stim protocol started with 300IU Gonal-F and 75IU menopur at night for 5 days. on 6th day, menopur was doubled to 150IU. Continued for 11 days. Days 6-11 did Cetrotide in a.m.. Leoprolide and HCG triggers. Retreived 11 eggs (had hoped for 15+ based on prelim scans from month earlier). 10 were mature, 6 fertilized, 4 were sent for PGS. 3 came back abnormal but not due to the same chromosomes in my translocation, and 4th embryo is unknown so it may get retested after our next IVF cycle depending on those results.
Courtney isn't a bubbly/exciting personality, but she knows what she's doing and is helpful when you need it. If you're looking for a cheerleader nurse, she's probably not the one for you.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
The people who draw blood need more training. I know I'm not an easy stick, but when I go to Quest Labs, they have no trouble. So going to this clinic every other day to get monitoring labs done during a cycle is no fun when they stick me multiple times, make me chug water, use heat compresses, rub my skin VERY hard, dig around in my wrists for veins, and still can't get it.
For my first cycle, I had partial insurance coverage, so my clinic fees were about $7500. For the 2nd cycle I'm starting now, I have no insurance coverage and fees are about $12250 which includes a cash discount.
N/A so far
Roseville (closed)

Dr. Lovely knew the background and challenges my husband and I were facing and spoke to us like friends. She catered our consult to exactly our situation and made us feel like individuals she truly cared about.... Dr. Lovely is incredibly smart, kind, and has a warm bedside manner. I was so nervous I was going to burst j to tears at some point during our consult but she made me feel comfortable and confident in our future outcome.
I chose NCFMC because of the convenient location and their reviews. I have been impressed with their success rates and the organization of the Clinic. Each new patient gets a patient portal where all results and documents are stored and we have had open communication with our doctors and nurses as we complete all of our prerequisites before starting our cycle.... Cash pay prices have been: $225 for a consult and exam, $199 per person for genetic screening
Schedule your consult ASAP because there can be a bit of a wait for new patients. Nothing with IVF happens quickly so knowing that up front can help curb frustration.
N/A consult and exam only.
The nursing staff has been great. The clinic is a busy place and as a new patient who has not started an IVF cycle yet, I understand I am not the highest priority but the nurses always responded to my questions or emails in a timely fashion.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Cash pay prices have been: $225 for a consult and exam, $199 per person for genetic screening for myself and my husband. $300 for initial blood work needed before starting IVF.
Dr. Laurie typically only transfers one embryo which made me feel very comfortable. I didn’t want to feel pressured to transfer multiple and was happy that her typical process was in line with what my husband and I also hoped for.
Roseville (closed)

Dr Murray was the dr on duty when we went in for our iui that resulted in our beautiful daughter. After 6 months we decided we wanted to try for baby number 2 and went back to see him. He ordered the right test and gave us a plan. After our HSG we were informed by him through a phone call that one of my tubes are closed before my daughter both were open. So because of a infection during labor caused it to close. I was devastated but he reassured me it will happen still it might take some time and he will make some adjustments to the cycles medicine to help out. He is a really caring man
This clinic [No Cal Fert Med Ctr] is very professional and clean. The place has very sweet staff in the front and always make sure no one else can hear your conversations. They are very prompt and fast to get you in and going...They [nurses] were very prompt with responses...We were self pay so when it was letrazole it was pay as you go so it was like 1400 and when we switched to injectables it was a global fee of 1900 plus medication
Go in with a open mind and expect nothing but the best advise and information.
I felt like a human with dr Murray. He is compassionate and understanding. Very truthful but sweet at the same time. He knows we all are there for the same reason to have a baby and he wants to try to make it possible
For our daughter it was letrazole 2.5 mg for 5 days and entrace after. Progesterone after iui. Ttc#2 I was started one 2.5 letrazole and then second one upped to 5mg the third to 10mg and the fourth injectables with clomid 100mg final-f 150mg and same for 5th and 6th
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Yes Kayla )
They were very prompt with responses
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
This clinic is very professional and clean. The place has very sweet staff in the front and always make sure no one else can hear your conversations. They are very prompt and fast to get you in and going
Roseville (closed)

Dr. Gould treated us like if we were family. He was understanding and caring about our situation....He showed sympathy in our situation and we are going through. From the beginning he was honest about what the outcome could be if my husbands semen analysis came back low. As soon as the results came back he contacted us right away and gave us a full detailed explanation. As of right now we have to do IVF.
The clinic [Northern California Fertility Med Ctr] is amazing. They are very clean and when you walk into the clinic it looks like a home. They have couches to sit on and magazines to read. As a new patient it is amazing how they treat you and hear you out.... I didn’t really talk to the nurses. Every time I would call them they don’t answer and so when I would leave voicemails they don’t call back. Even when I emailed them it takes forever for someone to respond back.
When we first seen Dr.Gould we didn’t know what to expect. He was so friendly and caring. He showed sympathy in our situation and we are going through. From the beginning he was honest about what the outcome could be if my husbands semen analysis came back low. As soon as the results came back he contacted us right away and gave us a full detailed explanation. As of right now we have to do IVF. We were told that things might change after the second analysis is done but they cannot guarantee it.
Always stay positive because there is a light under the tunnel.
Dr. Gould has not used treatment on us. He told us that because my husbands lab work came back good he cannot prescribe him anything and the only option for us is IVF treatment. He could not explain why my husband is producing low sperm and said that’s just the way his body is functioning. We cannot afford IVF and all I can do is pray for a miracle and win this IVF treatment.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
The clinic is amazing. They are very clean and when you walk into the clinic it looks like a home. They have couches to sit on and magazines to read. As a new patient it is amazing how they treat you and hear you out. They go over everything with you and tell you what to expect as far as needing IUI or IVF.
For my initial visit with Dr.Lovely I paid $112 and when my husband seen Dr.Gould he paid $87. The semen analysis was roughly around $12 dollars and for the repeat analysis it will be $50 dollars. IVF treatment will be $13,000 out of pocket but we don’t have that yet so we are unable to do it. I really hope that we are selected for the IVF giveaway
John Gould