1130 Conroy Lane
Roseville, CA 95661
Sacramento
4320 Auburn Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95841

Dr Lovely has always made my husband and I feel very comfortable. She is thorough in explaining all parts of the process from preparation, to possible complications/risks, alternate plans available, and results. We always feel well prepared and informed of what we're doing.... We started with medicated IUI cycles as I have PCOS and we have a slight sperm count the issue. I tried letrozole and clomid but did not respond/ovulate. Dr Lovely then recommend a mixed IUI cycle of letrozole and gonal-f injections, which I did respond to, we tried 5 rounds but we did not concieve. After those IUIs failed it was recommended that we move onto IVF. We are part way through our first IVF cycle and now have frozen emrbros waiting for transfer.
Every time I've gone into the office [NCFMC] everyone from reception to nurses and Dr's my visits have been enjoyable and comfortable. Appointment times are honored and I've never had a long wait. I greatly appreciate that they are open 7 days a week, including holidays.... The staff has always been supportive, communicative and understanding of our journey. I appreciate them all.
How was your experience with Laurie Lovely at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laurie Lovely at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
Be open and honest with what you're going through, as she's there to help.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laurie Lovely at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
Dr Lovely always takes the time to fully listen, she answers any and all questions, follows up and provides you with the best options for your specific situation.
Describe the protocols Laurie Lovely used in your cycles at Northern California Fertility Medical Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Dottie/Alyssa)
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Every time I've gone into the office everyone from reception to nurses and Dr's my visits have been enjoyable and comfortable. Appointment times are honored and I've never had a long wait. I greatly appreciate that they are open 7 days a week, including holidays.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laurie Lovely at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Our insurance covers a portion of our treatments. Then there was our out of pocket fee based on treatment, IUI or IVF, due to NCFMC on or before cycle day 1. Then there were medication fees due to my pharmacy for medications needed for treatment.
Describe Laurie Lovely's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
All the Dr.'s at NCFMC have encouraged only one embryo transfer at a time. They have been very informative and provided statistics on why this option is preferred, both for my safety and that of our future babies. My husband and I trust their opinions and have agreed to only transfer one at a time.
What specific things went wrong at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
In the very beginning there was one form my husband had to sign that was misplaced a few times. It didn't result in any treatment issues but it was a bit frustrating with his varying work hours.
Roseville (closed)

I thought she [Dr. Stephens] was very nice. I wish i was able to see her more often and she was a bigger part of my journey. We had very little interaction... she was technically my dr but didn't do any of my iui"s and i only saw her twice in the five month span... We started the first two rounds with a moderate dose of clomid. Unfortunately it didn't affect my body the way it was supposed to so i did another round of clomid before both of my iuis.
Each iui was about $1200 with my insurance covering a little of the dr visits.....the clinic [Northern CA Fertility Med Ctr] is always clean in the waiting room. i think that they need to work on cleanliness in the back too. I have been in for a lot of ultra sounds and the first two times i was there i got something wet on my feet at the bottom of the table.... my prescriptions were not sent in twice and my iui was canceled without any explanation...
How was your experience with Sahar Stephens at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
I thought she was very nice. I wish i was able to see her more often and she was a bigger part of my journey. We had very little interaction and i felt very awkward with her when i cried on one visit. I think we were unable to have a connection because of the lack of time between us.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sahar Stephens at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
Make sure to ask for her for every visit.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sahar Stephens at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
Dr. Stephens was very nice but i hated that she was technically my dr but didn't do any of my iui"s and i only saw her twice in the five month span only because i asked for an extra appointment with her. My unhappiness with my experience is mostly with ncfmc not Dr. Stephens.
Describe the protocols Sahar Stephens used in your cycles at Northern California Fertility Medical Center and their degree of success.
We started the first two rounds with a moderate dose of clomid. Unfortunately it didn't affect my body the way it was supposed to so i did another round of clomid before both of my iuis. The third time they doubled the dose of clomid and we tried to see if that made a difference, it did not. My iui was canceled and i went in the next month for a baseline ultrasound. During that visit i was told that i had a cyst on my ovaries and needed to go on birth control for a month. I did that and went back in for another ultrasound. The cyst cleared up and i was able to start injections. The injections worked and we did one more iui that was also unsuccessful.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
i was very disappointed in the call back time and how prepared she was for our conversation. i thought it was very cold and that wasnt what i was looking for when coming to a fertility clinic. I too cried in front of my nurse and felt a awkward period where she looked uncomfortable about it.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
the clinic is always clean in the waiting room. i think that they need to work on cleanliness in the back too. I have been in for a lot of ultra sounds and the first two times i was there i got something wet on my feet at the bottom of the table. The third time there was a puddle of lube at the end of the table. i am displeased with the call backs too. There have been multiple times when i call and do not hear back within two days.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sahar Stephens at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Each iui was about $1200 with my insurance covering a little of the dr visits.
my prescriptions were not sent in twice and my iui was canceled without any explanation except that the medicine didn't work so you should talk to your dr and see where to go from here. He then left the room. Results were also given incorrectly and they had to call and tell us after we left that they read them wrong.
Roseville (closed)

With Dr. Stephens we were not having a discussion on clinical facts, instead we sat down had a very personable conversation while discussing options and facts. She took all the anxiety away and allowed my husband and I to walk away with hopes for a reality of having a baby while managing expectations...We opted to go with PGS due to our ages (Husband 44, I am 37) and after additional discussion with Dr. Stephens looking at all possible pros and cons we chose genetic testing and single embryo transfers for highest percentage of results.
I really liked how they [No Cal Fert Med Ctr] have very specialized professionals to discuss all needs regarding your care and if they don't know the answer they are not afraid to say they don't know, will find out and do call you with the findings....the nursing staff is amazing, super nice and caring. They also are available to answer any and all questions you might have... Dr. Stephens and all the doctors are open and willing to answer every and all questions.
Dr. Stephens and Dr. Murray are the primary providers overseeing my treatments and both are AMAZING. I have felt very comfortable with both and they have walked me through every step along with answering every question I have. I could not have asked for better physicians during this process.
Relax! Do your research as to better educate yourself about fertility procedures which makes for a better patient, but don't assume you know anything and don't be afraid to ask any questions. Dr. Stephens and all the doctors are open and willing to answer every and all questions.
Our first visit was one filled with anxiety, you already know you cannot conceive on your own and now you are trying to find out if IVF can be a solution. With Dr. Stephens we were not having a discussion on clinical facts, instead we sat down had a very personable conversation while discussing options and facts. She took all the anxiety away and allowed my husband and I to walk away with hopes for a reality of having a baby while managing expectations.
Antagonist IVF Cycle all freeze due to PGS - 225 iu Gonal-f for 10 days, 75 iu Menopur for 10 days, Cetrotide 5 days, Ovidrel 10,000. ICSI, PGS. We have male factor infertility and undefined cause for myself. We opted to go with PGS due to our ages (Husband 44, I am 37) and after additional discussion with Dr. Stephens looking at all possible pros and cons we chose genetic testing and single embryo transfers for highest percentage of results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Dottie )
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
I really liked how they have very specialized professionals to discuss all needs regarding your care and if they don't know the answer they are not afraid to say they don't know, will find out and do call you with the findings.
I am fortunate and my insurance did cover 50% of IVF treatment, and because we did a frozen transfer due to PGS, the office gave us 50% off the 1st FET. Total out of pocket so far is $14,490.75. Our upcoming 2nd FET will cost $3,900.00
Describe Sahar Stephens's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Since we did PGS it is highly recommended to only transfer one embryo, however, I also wanted the safest possible outcome for myself and our potential baby so I only wanted to do single embryo transfers.
Roseville (closed)

A lot of the time Dr. Doblado helped me with my need of accommodation. My husband and i both Work a lot and coming in at the drop of a hat was hard. Dr doblado helped accommodate our needs by getting us in later and earlier than the regular clinic would allow. And for that i am greatful.... Every office visit was thorough and he helped me understand fertility treatments because there so confusing and I’m in the medical field! His bedside was awesome, he was compassionate and understanding. Not all families have a 9-5 and some tweaking may be needed to help every lady become a mother.
If i were a new patient [at N CA Fertility Med Ctr-Roseville] i would want to be aware that the providers are on cycles throughout the month. Seeing one provider may not mean you will have a procedure again with them. They rotate to allow coverage of weekends and holidays. Dr doblado only preformed one of the IUI’s and others filled in for him when needed... I first started with 50mg of Clomid and trigger shots called Lupron. We did this for 2 months and unfortunately i only grew 1 follicle each time.
How was your experience with Manuel Doblado at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Manuel Doblado at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
I would suggest to have the patient ask as many questions as possible because there is a lot of big words and names that you might not fully grasp unless you ask what exactly for instance the difference between IUI and IVF is or a compounded medication versus a brand name.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Manuel Doblado at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
Describe the protocols Manuel Doblado used in your cycles at Northern California Fertility Medical Center and their degree of success.
I first started with 50mg of Clomid and trigger shots called Lupron. We did this for 2 months and unfortunately i only grew 1 follicle each time. So after the trigger injection we would proceed with the IUI and then wait two weeks. Unfortunately that didn’t result in pregnancy so we increased the Clomid to 100 and still 1 follicle and no Pregnancy. Today we are in the process of IVF And i have just started birth control and will start injections in 3 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Courtney)
The medical assistants are a little rough and not very compassionate. I don’t think they understand that we are women on hormones and failed pregnancies and attempts are devastating. I felt like hearded cattle, once i got through the gate of IVF a whole new approach came forth. The nurses are amazing and compassionate. I completely feel at home here.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
If i were a new patient i would want to be aware that the providers are on cycles throughout the month. Seeing one provider may not mean you will have a procedure again with them. They rotate to allow coverage of weekends and holidays. Dr doblado only preformed one of the IUI’s and others filled in for him when needed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Manuel Doblado at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
1200 per IUI 13,000 per IVF including meds
Describe Manuel Doblado's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
I would like to do multiple embryo transfers, but according to Dr. Doblado my chances of just doing one are over 70% accounting for my age. Therefore i believe and trust in him for a positive result with just one.
One of the medical assistants gave me results that my genetic testing raised a red flag for a disease that was actually negative.
Manuel Doblado

2014 - 2018, Unknown Success
1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
Each time we see Dr. Stephens, she is very personable and gives us her full attention. She makes a point of getting to know our situation and creating an open discussion of options.... With my situation, there has been a lot of “hurry up and wait” and “wait and see” time periods. Each time we see Dr. Sahar she is patient with all of our questions, and understanding and receptive of our thoughts and/or concerns. She is upfront and honest about our options and the pros/cons to each treatment.
All of the nurses [at N. CA Fertility Medical Center] I’ve interacted with have been kind and caring. They especially took EXCELLENT care of me on the day of my egg retrieval - before, during and after....Of course I wish fertility treatments were more affordable but they do their best to work with you. They are transparent about their services and pricing. There’s no pressure, they provide your treatment options, the success rates, the pros and cons, and they let you decide on the treatment you feel comfortable with.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Sue)
All of the nurses I’ve interacted with have been kind and caring. They especially took EXCELLENT care of me on the day of my egg retrieval - before, during and after.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
No complaints here. My experience has been great each time. Of course I wish fertility treatments were more affordable but they do their best to work with you. They are transparent about their services and pricing. There’s no pressure, they provide your treatment options, the success rates, the pros and cons, and they let you decide on the treatment you feel comfortable with.
The egg retrieval was around $10,000, each embryo transfer can be up to $5,000 and each IUI cycle can be up to $2,000.
Dr. Stephens has explicitly stated that she will only do eSET due to the young age of my eggs upon retrieval. I totally understand the reasoning and approach, although, I am of the mind that it would be beneficial financially to increase the chances of a successful transfer with multiple embryo transfer.
Roseville (closed)

Dr. Doblado has been amazing. He is a younger doctor which means he cares a lot about being up to date on the newest findings and studies. He respected my knowledge and treated my concerns with statistical evidence and reassurance. He is quick to respond with any questions we have....We have so appreciated Dr. Doblado's attention to our unique situation. He has been kind from the start and listened to me when I explained my concerns and went through vast amounts of research with me in order to put me at ease. He has a great bedside manner and was ready to take action as soon as we were.
I think it is important to know that you will see various doctors during your treatment because they are extremely busy! That being said, we have loved everyone we have seen so far and they are all extremely nice. Our nurse is amazing and we always see her which helps personalize our experience. They are very good about returning phone calls so make sure you leave detailed messages!...I cannot describe how amazing Alyssa is. She is on top of everything at all times!
So far Dr. Doblado has been amazing. He is a younger doctor which means he cares a lot about being up to date on the newest findings and studies. He respected my knowledge and treated my concerns with statistical evidence and reassurance. He is quick to respond with any questions we have.
I would say to make sure that you ask any questions you have and don't be shy! He is a wealth of information and understands how difficult this process is.
We are on an antagonist protocol-75 iu of Menopur, 200 iu of Gonal F and then cetrotide will be added along with a lupron/hcg trigger. I have my first scan tomorrow and am hoping for beautiful results! He said that I am young with good eggs so they don't want to risk overstimulating me and having me end up with OHSS.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Alyssa)
I cannot describe how amazing Alyssa is. She is on top of everything at all times! She always calls back the same day and if she isn't there I get a call back from her colleague because she checks voicemails from home! She has worked with me on donated meds and with the pharmacies to find the cheapest options possible and was so thorough explaining injections. When I was worried about my low baseline AFC she immediately told me that it was a great number and not to panic before I could even say anything! She can read how I'm feeling and she makes sure my husband and I fully understand what is going on during the process. Seriously she is an actual angel!
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
The cycle fee was contracted through my insurance at $4,000, Embryo Cryopreservation is $800, and FET is $3,300.
He is very firm on only transferring one embryo. He showed me a lot of data supporting that twin pregnancies are riskier and for a woman my age there is a good chance that transferring only one will work.
Manuel Doblado
Roseville (closed)

Dr. Murray is a trustworthy, intelligent doctor. I felt confident in his understanding of our genetic issue and his protocol recommendation. He was open to all our questions and didn't make us feel bad for asking simple questions. He was also great at getting deeper into details when we asked more scientific questions....Due to my genetic condition, we wanted to get as many eggs retrieved as possible without overstimulating.
The people who draw blood [No Cal Fert Med Ctr] need more training....going to this clinic every other day to get monitoring labs done during a cycle is no fun when they stick me multiple times...Courtney isn't a bubbly/exciting personality, but she knows what she's doing and is helpful when you need it....I have no insurance coverage and fees are about $12250 which includes a cash discount.... Dr. Murray is a trustworthy, intelligent doctor.
How was your experience with Michael Murray at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
Dr. Murray is a trustworthy, intelligent doctor. I felt confident in his understanding of our genetic issue and his protocol recommendation. He was open to all our questions and didn't make us feel bad for asking simple questions. He was also great at getting deeper into details when we asked more scientific questions. He's compassionate and caring even though he may come off a little dry at first.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Murray at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
Don't be afraid to ask questions- he'll give you answers
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Murray at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
He's a somewhat dry personality, but he treated us respectfully and thoughtfully answered all our questions
Describe the protocols Michael Murray used in your cycles at Northern California Fertility Medical Center and their degree of success.
Due to my genetic condition, we wanted to get as many eggs retrieved as possible without overstimulating. My prep cycle consisted of 19 days of birth control pills. Stim protocol started with 300IU Gonal-F and 75IU menopur at night for 5 days. on 6th day, menopur was doubled to 150IU. Continued for 11 days. Days 6-11 did Cetrotide in a.m.. Leoprolide and HCG triggers. Retreived 11 eggs (had hoped for 15+ based on prelim scans from month earlier). 10 were mature, 6 fertilized, 4 were sent for PGS. 3 came back abnormal but not due to the same chromosomes in my translocation, and 4th embryo is unknown so it may get retested after our next IVF cycle depending on those results.
Courtney isn't a bubbly/exciting personality, but she knows what she's doing and is helpful when you need it. If you're looking for a cheerleader nurse, she's probably not the one for you.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
The people who draw blood need more training. I know I'm not an easy stick, but when I go to Quest Labs, they have no trouble. So going to this clinic every other day to get monitoring labs done during a cycle is no fun when they stick me multiple times, make me chug water, use heat compresses, rub my skin VERY hard, dig around in my wrists for veins, and still can't get it.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Murray at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
For my first cycle, I had partial insurance coverage, so my clinic fees were about $7500. For the 2nd cycle I'm starting now, I have no insurance coverage and fees are about $12250 which includes a cash discount.
Describe Michael Murray's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
N/A so far
Roseville (closed)
Dr. Lovely knew the background and challenges my husband and I were facing and spoke to us like friends. She catered our consult to exactly our situation and made us feel like individuals she truly cared about.... Dr. Lovely is incredibly smart, kind, and has a warm bedside manner. I was so nervous I was going to burst j to tears at some point during our consult but she made me feel comfortable and confident in our future outcome.
I chose NCFMC because of the convenient location and their reviews. I have been impressed with their success rates and the organization of the Clinic. Each new patient gets a patient portal where all results and documents are stored and we have had open communication with our doctors and nurses as we complete all of our prerequisites before starting our cycle.... Cash pay prices have been: $225 for a consult and exam, $199 per person for genetic screening
Schedule your consult ASAP because there can be a bit of a wait for new patients. Nothing with IVF happens quickly so knowing that up front can help curb frustration.
N/A consult and exam only.
The nursing staff has been great. The clinic is a busy place and as a new patient who has not started an IVF cycle yet, I understand I am not the highest priority but the nurses always responded to my questions or emails in a timely fashion.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Cash pay prices have been: $225 for a consult and exam, $199 per person for genetic screening for myself and my husband. $300 for initial blood work needed before starting IVF.
Dr. Laurie typically only transfers one embryo which made me feel very comfortable. I didn’t want to feel pressured to transfer multiple and was happy that her typical process was in line with what my husband and I also hoped for.
Roseville (closed)
Dr Murray was the dr on duty when we went in for our iui that resulted in our beautiful daughter. After 6 months we decided we wanted to try for baby number 2 and went back to see him. He ordered the right test and gave us a plan. After our HSG we were informed by him through a phone call that one of my tubes are closed before my daughter both were open. So because of a infection during labor caused it to close. I was devastated but he reassured me it will happen still it might take some time and he will make some adjustments to the cycles medicine to help out. He is a really caring man
This clinic [No Cal Fert Med Ctr] is very professional and clean. The place has very sweet staff in the front and always make sure no one else can hear your conversations. They are very prompt and fast to get you in and going...They [nurses] were very prompt with responses...We were self pay so when it was letrazole it was pay as you go so it was like 1400 and when we switched to injectables it was a global fee of 1900 plus medication
Go in with a open mind and expect nothing but the best advise and information.
I felt like a human with dr Murray. He is compassionate and understanding. Very truthful but sweet at the same time. He knows we all are there for the same reason to have a baby and he wants to try to make it possible
For our daughter it was letrazole 2.5 mg for 5 days and entrace after. Progesterone after iui. Ttc#2 I was started one 2.5 letrazole and then second one upped to 5mg the third to 10mg and the fourth injectables with clomid 100mg final-f 150mg and same for 5th and 6th
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Yes Kayla )
They were very prompt with responses
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
This clinic is very professional and clean. The place has very sweet staff in the front and always make sure no one else can hear your conversations. They are very prompt and fast to get you in and going
Roseville (closed)
Dr. Gould treated us like if we were family. He was understanding and caring about our situation....He showed sympathy in our situation and we are going through. From the beginning he was honest about what the outcome could be if my husbands semen analysis came back low. As soon as the results came back he contacted us right away and gave us a full detailed explanation. As of right now we have to do IVF.
The clinic [Northern California Fertility Med Ctr] is amazing. They are very clean and when you walk into the clinic it looks like a home. They have couches to sit on and magazines to read. As a new patient it is amazing how they treat you and hear you out.... I didn’t really talk to the nurses. Every time I would call them they don’t answer and so when I would leave voicemails they don’t call back. Even when I emailed them it takes forever for someone to respond back.
How was your experience with John Gould at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
When we first seen Dr.Gould we didn’t know what to expect. He was so friendly and caring. He showed sympathy in our situation and we are going through. From the beginning he was honest about what the outcome could be if my husbands semen analysis came back low. As soon as the results came back he contacted us right away and gave us a full detailed explanation. As of right now we have to do IVF. We were told that things might change after the second analysis is done but they cannot guarantee it.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Gould at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
Always stay positive because there is a light under the tunnel.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Gould at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
Describe the protocols John Gould used in your cycles at Northern California Fertility Medical Center and their degree of success.
Dr. Gould has not used treatment on us. He told us that because my husbands lab work came back good he cannot prescribe him anything and the only option for us is IVF treatment. He could not explain why my husband is producing low sperm and said that’s just the way his body is functioning. We cannot afford IVF and all I can do is pray for a miracle and win this IVF treatment.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
The clinic is amazing. They are very clean and when you walk into the clinic it looks like a home. They have couches to sit on and magazines to read. As a new patient it is amazing how they treat you and hear you out. They go over everything with you and tell you what to expect as far as needing IUI or IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Gould at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
For my initial visit with Dr.Lovely I paid $112 and when my husband seen Dr.Gould he paid $87. The semen analysis was roughly around $12 dollars and for the repeat analysis it will be $50 dollars. IVF treatment will be $13,000 out of pocket but we don’t have that yet so we are unable to do it. I really hope that we are selected for the IVF giveaway
Roseville (closed)
Dr Gould is great about having open and honest conversations with you about male factor infertility and what can be done about it... he has been very responsive and candid about outcomes from various SAs I have taken and what our probabilities were for success. I have very much appreciated my care under him.... He worked in tandem with my wife's doctors as well to devise plans moving forward... Always calls with results the second he has them whether it be on weekends etc.
The nurses [No Cal Fert Med Ctr] have always been very nice and compassionate with every interaction... Strengths: Excellent team and facility. Doctors are Nurses are all very highly reviewed and know what they are doing. Weaknesses: At the beginning, we were off-put feeling like we were "just a number" with the clinic. However, I do not believe we accurately judged them at the beginning and they are just very busy with countless patients coming in each day.
Very knowledgeable and responsive. Always calls with results the second he has them whether it be on weekends etc. I have always felt like a priority and not just a number. He has always made my wife and I feel very comfortable especially in the awkward field to talk about such as infertility.
Be prepared for a lot of hypothetical answers to situations. If you are a borderline male factor, such as myself, medical science has only come so far in this field so there aren't definite answers to being able to improve certain aspects of your semen.
Dr Gould is great about having open and honest conversations with you about male factor infertility and what can be done about it (not much a lot of the time). However, he has been very responsive and candid about outcomes from various SAs I have taken and what our probabilities were for success. I have very much appreciated my care under him.
He worked in tandem with my wife's doctors as well to devise plans moving forward including repeat SAs for myself, trying different things to see if numbers improved. He suggested IUI as a good course of action for us as well. Unfortunately, after two failed rounds of IUI, we decided to move onto IVF.
The nurses have always been very nice and compassionate with every interaction (especially the awkward ones of coming in for a SA).
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Standard and in line with my insurance costs for seeing a specialist
Describe John Gould's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
No comments were made
Roseville (closed)

She [Dr. Lovely] made me feel like a human because she treated me like a friend and she also gave me the bad news in a very great way...she never made me feel bad or she never made me feel that I couldn't do it...she always had very much faith in me and I feel so grateful for her...she was so much help and I know she tried very hard for me and my husband to get the loan...She had me go get an hsg and that's when it showed that I had one blocked tube and when we found that out she gave me some fertility medicine to make me ovulate...and she was hoping for me to get an IUI but never really got to it so now I am just waiting to actually have enough money to get one
The nursing staff [at Northern California Fertility Medical Center] was very good and they always showed very good compassion and every time I had a question they would contact me within an hour and always have the answer for me...I wouldn't really say that the clinic had any weaknesses because they are a very good Clinic and they care very much about their patients the good thing about them is that they make you feel really good about yourself and then make you feel like you can do it and they make you also feel like a baby will come your way
I just feel like if I would had the money I would have been able to get pregnant she was so much help and I know she tried very hard for me and my husband to get the loan but you need very good credit to get the loan and our credit isn't so great but I just know that if I would have gotten it she would have got me what I wanted
I highly recommend you see doctor lovely only because she will make you feel at home and she will make you feel like anything is possible if you just try hard enough
She made me feel like a human because she treated me like a friend and she also gave me the bad news in a very great way she never made me feel bad or she never made me feel that I couldn't do it she always had very much faith in me and I feel so grateful for her
She had me go get an hsg and that's when it showed that I had one blocked tube and when we found that out she gave me some fertility medicine to make me ovulate and she was hoping for me to get an IUI but never really got to it so now I am just waiting to actually have enough money to get one
The nursing staff was very good and they always showed very good compassion and every time I had a question they would contact me within an hour and always have the answer for me
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
I did have to pay $80 per visit but it was only because I didn't have any insurance besides medical and Medicaid does not cover fertility treatment but other than that my spouse did have insurance so his covered most of his appointments but other than that it was all worth paying
We never really bought it up in our conversations
Roseville (closed)

Very compassionate doctor... I was happy with her [Dr. Stephens] as an informative doctor just disappointed in the outcome... it would be nice to see more of the doctor who is handling your specific case....Hormone levels where very high through my injection process resulting in not being able to be given the proper dose of hcg which could have effected the eggg quality and possibly why so many did not get to blast. Ended up switching from a fresh transfer to a freeze all because of high hormone levels.
Their [No Cal Fert Med Ctr] front desk in the past has always felt very cold and business like, but they have recently got new front deak employees who are much more pleasant and welcoming. Sometimes in general you feel like a body just being pushed through the line based on you see so many different doctors while going theough the iui and ivf process....Some of the sperm count numbers would come back different on the day of iui in comparison to what it said on the patient portal. Maybe it was lack of communication in interpreting those results but sometimes we were left comfused as to what the actual count was
Very compassionate doctor. Since she was the only one i went through for our ivf i can not really compare how good or bad she was because i have nothing as far as other doctors to compare her to. I was happy with her as an informative doctor just disappointed in the outcome
Go over all different sinerios that could arise while going theough hormone injections
She was very nurtouring when talking and i felt that she was very real with the process.
Tried 2 iui’s with clomid, forst was very low dose, second was a normal dose from talking to orher wmen. Both iui’s unsuccessful. Then moved on to ivf. Hormone levels where very high through my injection process resulting in not being able to be given the proper dose of hcg which could have effected the eggg quality and possibly why so many did not get to blast. Ended up switching from a fresh transfer to a freeze all because of high hormone levels. Tranfered two eggs both in which neither of them took.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Courtney Swanson)
My nurse coordinator was grat. She always resoonded very quickly to my questions both through phone and email, and i felt very comfortable with her
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Their front desk in the past has always felt very cold and business like, but they have recently got new front deak employees who are much more pleasant and welcoming. Sometimes in general you feel like a body just being pushed through the line based on you see so many different doctors while going theough the iui and ivf process. I understand the time urgency with these procedures bit it would be nice to see more of the doctor who is handling your specific case.
Insurance covered 50% of iui’s so we paid about 1,000 for two consecutive iuis. Ivf was around 12,000 for egg retrieval and transfer plus an additional 800 for having to change to a freeze all. None of the hormones where covered and that was an additional 4,000
Roseville (closed)

My favorite thing about Dr. Murray is that he didn't brush off our questions about various treatment options. Instead, he brought up various research, printed it out and highlighted areas that addressed our questions, which I appreciated. Additionally, he was very upfront about our options and still worked with us for a final cycle using my eggs eventhough it likely wasn't going to be successful. Afterwards (and before), he gently yet candidly had a conversation with us regarding donor eggs vs. adoption vs. my eggs.
The office [No Cal Fert Med Ctr] is old and the surgical area in particular could use some updating. It was very crowded and I felt this area didn't have a done of privacy. The privacy aspect doesn't apply to the rest of the clinic. The finance person is responsive, which I haven't responded at other clinics. The doctors rotate so you likely won't see your doctor at every appointment....Dottie is amazing! Responsive, accommodating, and is the only nurse I want to work with at this clinic.
Come prepared with your questions and be open to challenging him; he responds well and addresses your concerns in a thoughtful manner.
Dr. Murray and his office were very responsive and also accommodating to our situation. We had to drive ~2 hours to see them and they adjusted our appointment times to work with our schedules, which we appreciated. He was also very realistic with expectations and took time to answer all of our questions.
I get my protocol confused with other cycles but the plan was to use ICSI and skip PGS testing. Dr. Murray (and team) adjusted my protocol as I did not respond and we ended up cancelling the transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Dottie)
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
The office is old and the surgical area in particular could use some updating. It was very crowded and I felt this area didn't have a done of privacy. The privacy aspect doesn't apply to the rest of the clinic. The finance person is responsive, which I haven't responded at other clinics. The doctors rotate so you likely won't see your doctor at every appointment.
Insurance picked up some costs, I believe it was ~$15k without insurance
At my age (40+) he seemed open to a multiple embryo transfer
One of my meds didn't show up in a shipment. I'm unsure if this was an issue with the clinic or the pharmacy.
Roseville (closed)

Dr. Lovely is very honest in her opinion of your individual situation I believe. She is very compassionate to the struggle and emotional toll treatment takes on you during treatment. She is very encouraging and informative...Dr. Lovely gave me two plans to decide on. One plan was using my own eggs with that plan we were to remove my eggs now due to my age and my low AMH number. ..
Because of the structure of the facility you see which every doctor is on duty for that days schedule. I would have liked to seen my assigned doctor more during the ultra sounds and check ups. But overall the staff if very pleasant and helpful...I selected financing through ARC there was a set price for the treatment plan with NCFMC it was very detailed and easy to understand...The nursing staff was very compassionate and kind
Dr. Lovely is very honest in her opinion of your individual situation I believe. She is very compassionate to the struggle and emotional toll treatment takes on you during treatment. She is very encouraging and informative. I original saw Dr. Lovely for a consultation when she was at California IVF and when I decided to proceed with IVF away from Kaiser I specifically decided to go to NCFMC to be seen by Dr. Lovely. She was also recommended by my treating doctor at Kaiser.
Listen and trust in her guidance.
Dr. Lovely is very personable. She gives you the information in a way that makes it easier to understand and handle. She is very supportive and encouraging.
Dr. Lovely gave me two plans to decide on. One plan was using my own eggs with that plan we were to remove my eggs now due to my age and my low AMH number. Then we would freeze the embryo's and have them PGS tested. She wanted me to lose some weight that I had gained from treatment I had received at Kaiser for polyps on my Uterus. When I was given the all clear by Kaiser we proceeded with IVF treatment. I was give the maximum dosage of medicine due to my poor response during my IUI treatments with Kaiser. Unfortunately I did not respond well, while we thought there were possibly 7 good follicles they were only able to retrieve 3 eggs. One egg wasn't mature, one didn't fertilize. The third egg looked beautiful on the 5th day, but unfortunately during the PGS testing we discovered it had to many chromosomes and would not produce a baby. I'll be meeting with Dr. Lovely for my follow appointment to discuss using an Egg Donor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Alyssa )
The nursing staff was very compassionate and kind
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
I selected financing through ARC there was a set price for the treatment plan with NCFMC it was very detailed and easy to understand. The cost including medication was $20k the only cost I had to pay outside of that was for the sperm and PGS testing which was $3800 together.
I don't have any comments on this section because I did not get this far. However. Dr. Lovely and I did discuss that if I had multiple embryos that made it past the PGS testing we would only transfer a single embryo because it would have a higher chance of being successful. I was in agreement with that because I know that twins poses a much higher risk.

2015 - 2017, Successful
I'm overweight and he [Dr. Murray] was never pushy with me about losing "x" amount of pounds- just encouraged me to be healthy for a better clinical outcome. When another doctor was scheduled to do my embryo transfer, I asked him to do it instead (since he was my primary) and he happily adjusted his schedule...He is very knowledgeable but can explain things in layman's terms. He really spent time with me and my husband in reviewing treatment options. He was on top of ordering labs, making sure prescriptions were ready, etc.
They [Northern California Fertility Medical Center] can get busy and sometimes run behind, but they are good about letting you know if they are running late (so you can reschedule if you want). The online portal is great to use as well....Around $25,000 for egg retrieval, sperm retrieval, IVF with ICSI...Dottie [nurse] was great! She returns calls quickly, can confidently tell me the details of my protocols, and communicates well with my doctor.
He is very knowledgeable but can explain things in layman's terms. He really spent time with me and my husband in reviewing treatment options. He was on top of ordering labs, making sure prescriptions were ready, etc. I'm overweight and he was never pushy with me about losing "x" amount of pounds- just encouraged me to be healthy for a better clinical outcome. When another doctor was scheduled to do my embryo transfer, I asked him to do it instead (since he was my primary) and he happily adjusted his schedule.
Bring all your questions and don't be afraid to ask anything. I'm sure he's heard it all- he has a ton of experience.
He is very warm and caring. He spoke to me like a real person (not a number), and remembered details about my treatment and personal life. I felt that he had my best interest at heart.
I can't recall specific medications. But we decided to do a "freeze all" egg retrieval since I have PCOS, and he thought we would have better success with waiting a few months after retrieval for embryo transfer. He was right! My body needed that break!
Dottie was great! She returns calls quickly, can confidently tell me the details of my protocols, and communicates well with my doctor.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
They can get busy and sometimes run behind, but they are good about letting you know if they are running late (so you can reschedule if you want). The online portal is great to use as well.
Around $25,000 for egg retrieval, sperm retrieval, IVF with ICSI
He wanted a successful cycle and encouraged me to transfer 2 embryos (as he said, to help get to our end goal). One embryo took and I had a successful singleton pregnancy.
Roseville (closed)

Dr. Stephens has been cheerful, optimistic, realistic, and helpful. We were all hoping to see a positive result last round but she readjusted my meds and we are continue to "trouble shoot"...Dr. Stevens and the entire team at Norther California Medical Fertility Clinic has been helpful, positive, and generally reassuring.... All in all, I feel pretty comfortable with her...I would advise potential patients to get a clear picture of the treatment schedule and the financial plan.
Joann is my current nurse coordinator [at Northern CA Med] but she is newly assigned to me. I have had several coordinators in the 5 months we've been at the clinic. My current nurse coordinator has been very communicative and helpful...Overwhelmingly, they have been very professional and helpful but we did have disappointing a mix up early on in our treatments. At one point I left a message letting the clinic know I had ovulated (according to my predictor kit) but they didn't return my call for over 24 hours.
Dr. Stephens has been cheerful, optimistic, realistic, and helpful. We were all hoping to see a positive result last round but she readjusted my meds and we are continue to "trouble shoot" with hopes of a positive result soon. All in all, I feel pretty comfortable with her.
I would advise potential patients to get a clear picture of the treatment schedule and the financial plan. This is not an inexpensive endeavor so prospective patients should look into financial aid if needed -- hence, my current grant pursuit.
Dr. Stevens and the entire team at Norther California Medical Fertility Clinic has been helpful, positive, and generally reassuring. I am now on my 3rd IUI treatment and I hope for a positive result this round!
1) Clomid (1 pill per day) and Estrace (2 pills per day), and IUI. Only had 1 follicle so we upped it. 2) Clomid (3 pills per day) and planned IUI but had to cancel due to a cycle calculation/scheduling error Had 1 follicle but we made a mistake with the cycle scheduling so had to cancel our scheduled IUI procedures that month. 3) Clomid (3 pills), Gonal F at 75 units, IUI. TWO follicles but a BFN. 4)Clomid (3 pills), Gonal F at 75 units, IUI. Two follicles again but BFN. 5) Clomid (3 pills), Estrace (2 per day), Gonal F at 125 units (only 4 days). 1 follicle . . .
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Joanne)
Joann is my current nurse coordinator but she is newly assigned to me. I have had several coordinators in the 5 months we've been at the clinic. My current nurse coordinator has been very communicative and helpful.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
The clinic is well organized with friendly staff. Because the five or so clinic doctors share cases, you never know who will be seeing you. That may be off-putting for some but it doesn't bother me. The ambiance leaves a little to be desired but that isn't really important.
Round 1 with clomid and estrace ran $1800 with meds, round 2 was $800 because we had to cancel it. Rounds 3 and 4 with Gonal F and IUI ran about $2300 each. This current round is running about $3000. All in all, we have spent about $10K with treatments and meds.
We haven't taken this step yet but we may be headed down that road.
Overwhelmingly, they have been very professional and helpful but we did have disappointing a mix up early on in our treatments. At one point I left a message letting the clinic know I had ovulated (according to my predictor kit) but they didn't return my call for over 24 hours. When they didn't respond again, I just showed up to the clinic to explain the situation. They were very apologetic and rushed me in for an ultrasound. Unfortunately, it confirmed that I just missed my window. That round was an expensive wash -- it cost us over $800 in meds and appointments. It was a difficult month but things have been much better since that time.
Roseville (closed)
Dr. Stephens was very warm to talk to and always explained treatment, diagnosis, and odds to a level my partner and I could easily understand. She was always realistic in expectations of procedures. She listened to us and gave us choices to enable us to have a part in directing our care.... We were diagnosed as unexplained infertility after routine infertility lab tests were performed. We did 4 rounds of IUI: 3 with clomid and 1 with injections.
[N. CA Fertility Medical Center is] Clean and organized but there were a few times they were running late with their schedule and I had to wait. But if that means they were giving quality empathetic care to all of their patients, I would not have them give that up for me to be seen on time.... All the nursing staff were fantastic: warm, friendly, understanding, and hopeful. I did not have any bad interactions with the nursing staff.
I love this doctor. She is very nice, intelligent, and portrays an understanding of the emotional aspect of going through infertility. She always explained all testing and treatment options to us. I would recommend her 100%.
Feel free to ask her about anything. She will never hurry you and will always give a direct comprehendable response.
We were diagnosed as unexplained infertility after routine infertility lab tests were performed. We did 4 rounds of IUI: 3 with clomid and 1 with injections. All 4 ended in negative pregnancies. Since IUIs were not working, Dr. Stephens gave us a choice of continuing with the IUIs or going to IVF; she explained to us that the rates of success after 3-4 failed IUIs declines so we chose to move forward with IVF. We had 8 embryos to start with. We were going to do a fresh transfer of 1 embryo (she recommended transferring just 1 because of our unexplained infertility diagnosis and we are young - we were totally on board with that plan) but my estrogen levels were a little bit elevated after the egg retrieval and she told us there was less of a chance of the embryo implanting with my hormone levels being off. She gave us the option and we decided to do a freeze all. We were able to freeze 6 embryos (2 of them were not high enough quality to freeze). It was another few months before we could attempt a frozen transfer due to my cycles being off and the lab being closed for cleaning during the holidays. When it came time to do the frozen transfer, she planned for me to ovulate so that my body could create its own corpus luteum to produce my own progesterone so I wouldn’t have to do the progesterone in oil shots. I became pregnant upon the first embryo transfer, was released to my regular OB after viable pregnancy was confirmed with seeing a fetal pole and heartbeat on ultrasound. I carried that baby to term and was able to deliver vaginally.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Dotty)
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
I can’t recall specifics but I believe the IUIs were between $800-$1000 each and the IVF procedures were just under $10,000. My insurance covered most medications for all procedures
I am really happy she gave us this option so my pregnancy was less high risk with 1 baby and chance of needing a c-section was lowered. I felt I was able to enjoy my pregnancy and not worry about all the high risk issues that come with having twins/multiples.
2014 - 2017, Successful
4 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Murray is one of the most patient, optimistic but realist people i have had the honor of meeting! He took the time to talk with me and answer my questions or ease my concerns if it was via phone, email or in person!...Dr. Murray is a rare person. His compassion for what my husband and I were going through is something I will never forget!...We had to have two full cycles as our first cycle ended with us losing all of our embryos.
You walk into the clinic [No Cal Fert Med Ctr] and IMMEDIATELY feel like family! The compassion and care in everyone’s voice makes it feel like family! The office is very good at being on time with appointments. Only a couple times were they running behind. And by behind i mean no more then 10 minutes. Their organization and time management was great!...The nurses are angels! They are the ones who keeps us positive, keeping us on track and being there st any given minute
Dr. Murray is a rare person. His compassion for what my husband and I were going through is something I will never forget! He was realistic about our situation and always answered ALL of my questions! I know we can typically find weakness in ourselves however for Dr. Murray I find no weakness’ and thank God everyday that I was referred to him!
To stay positive as this is a rough journey however if you are questioning anything or feeling off, reach out to Dr. Murray. He will do everything in his power to put you at ease!
I’ll be honest just starting to try to write a review not only on Dr. Murray but in the entire clinic makes me tear up! Dr. Murray is one of the most patient, optimistic but realist people i have had the honor of meeting! He took the time to talk with me and answer my questions or ease my concerns if it was via phone, email or in person! Dr. Murray and this entire clinic are 5 stars in my book!
We had to have two full cycles as our first cycle ended with us losing all of our embryos. We had a healthy baby boy but had to start the process over to have another. The time difference between the two treatments was only 2 years. My treatments were pretty different as for my medication plan. I was so confused why it was so i reached out to my Nurse who advised me I could email Dr. Murray directly so he could explain why it was different. He kindly mentioned i had birthday that occurred (this made me laugh knowing age is a battle with infertility) and also how science had taught them more in the last two years. Not only was my medication treatment different they also did the growing and freezing different from the first time. The second time we grew all of our embryos freezing them at a 5 day stage so we knew all of our grades. We now have 7 frozen! I appreciated Dr. Murray and the clinics drive to educated themselves constantly to give us all a better shot at having a family!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Susan and Courtney )
The nurses are angels! They are the ones who keeps us positive, keeping us on track and being there st any given minute! I can’t even begin to explain what all those people mean to me! They were excellent!
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
I remember first pulling up to the clinic and it not being what I pictured. I imagined this new multi story modern building. It was nothing like that. Although it was a nice area and building i remember thinking don’t judge a book by its cover. You walk into the clinic and IMMEDIATELY feel like family! The compassion and care in everyone’s voice makes it feel like family! The office is very good at being on time with appointments. Only a couple times were they running behind. And by behind i mean no more then 10 minutes. Their organization and time management was great!
For IVF with ICSI, medications, any pre testing and fuel it was a total of around $17,000.00

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
We weren't really told about PGS/PGT testing as an option [by Dr. Sahar Stephens] to help balance multiple embryo transfer - but this was also back in 2015/2016 and perhaps that practice has now changed... really took the time to listen. She was compassionate, and answered all questions. I really appreciated her personally...is a very intelligent and methodical doctor. She listened well and provided compassion when necessary to the process. I never felt rushed when seeing Dr. Stephens and felt like she really cared about the our outcome.
I was constantly having to stay on top of my nurse during our cycle [at Northern California Fertility Medical Center]. Additionally, we weren't really educated on things like PGS testing...While we loved Dr. Stephens, we were less than impressed with this clinic during our time there. It was difficult to get a call back from the main nursing line and there were what I now know were pretty important pieces of information that weren't ever relayed to us. Specifically, we were never talked to about PGS testing. We were given a handout but it was really brushed over and made to sound like something people really didn't do so we didn't put much stock in it and moved on. I wish I had been more thoroughly educated on how it can improve success rates.
Dr. Stephens is a very intelligent and methodical doctor. She listened well and provided compassion when necessary to the process. I never felt rushed when seeing Dr. Stephens and felt like she really cared about the our outcome.
I had a very positive experience with Dr. Stephens so I don't really have any advice.
Dr. Stephens really took the time to listen. She was compassionate, and answered all questions. I really appreciated her personally.
I do not remember the specifics of the protocol used during my retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Miriam)
Miriam is no longer there but she was very disorganized. She didn't return calls or emails and I was constantly having to keep up on her to make sure I was on the right track during my treatment.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
We weren't really told about PGS/PGT testing as an option to help balance multiple embryo transfer - but this was also back in 2015/2016 and perhaps that practice has now changed.
I was constantly having to stay on top of my nurse during our cycle. Additionally, we weren't really educated on things like PGS testing.
Roseville (closed)

When they retrieved 27 eggs from my wife, the embryologist [at NCFMC] had searched out, among billions of sperm, and found enough live sperm to fertilize every egg (which was way beyond what I had expected). They gave us updates on progress, and transferred 2 embryos, resulting in the live birth of our son. While the experience was stressful (which, I'm assuming, every experience WILL be), it was better success than I could anticipate, and for the clinic and that success, I'm forever grateful.
The first time I saw Dr. Gould, my wife and I sat down with him, gave him my entire medical history and prior health; and he immediately knew what the problem was, and was able to explain it to me to where I could understand it. He went over an anticipated plan of how we would get sperm (I'm unable to ejaculate, and my body also tends to kill off sperm). When we did the procedure the first time, they got plenty of semen, but all the sperm were completely dead. So, we chose to do a future procedure (the same one, but 3 months down the road), and it was done. The second time around, we had a little more success (out of several billion sperm, we got close to 30 live sperm). From there, it was pretty much the clinic handling everything, and that was the end of our treatments with Dr. Gould.
Be honest, don't be afraid to tell him everything you know. The more he knows, the better your chance of success.
The way I was spoken to, it appeared that there was practically no chance of success, and my wife and I were mandated to have donor sperm present. At the same time, though, Dr. Gould assured me he would be trying extensively to have success obtaining my own live sperm for IVF, and though it took 2 procedures, we had success, and now I have a 1 year old son from his extensive efforts.
No medications were ever used by Dr. Gould, but he went with the electroejaculation procedure twice, and it was effective in obtaining adequate semen/sperm results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Marcie Colletti)
We had a hard time getting along with our nursing coordinator; it took a while for us to get used to her, and her to us. We finally managed to get things worked out, and she met all our needs in a timely manner. The rest of the nurses were great, encouraging and positive; one even had had to have fertility treatments herself, and because of that, stood out among the others as someone who knew what it was like on a personal level.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
We went in starting IVF having little to no idea how long things would take; because we didn't know, and expected things to be done within a month, and weren't getting updates, it stressed us out. We finally got things cleared up and questions answered, and from there the experience was great. Two of the doctors came across as pessimistic toward my results, and demanded that we have donor sperm on standby; two of the doctors were completely empathetic, and came across that anything is possible, and that it wasn't the end of the world for me. When we did the electroejaculation the 2nd time, we were told that they washed the semen sample obtained, but didn't give specific results, but when they retrieved 27 eggs from my wife, the embryologist had searched out, among billions of sperm, and found enough live sperm to fertilize every egg (which was way beyond what I had expected). They gave us updates on progress, and transferred 2 embryos, resulting in the live birth of our son. While the experience was stressful (which, I'm assuming, every experience WILL be), it was better success than I could anticipate, and for the clinic and that success, I'm forever grateful.
Payment was expected up front prior to any appointment or procedure; I vaguely remember the particular procedure costing somewhere around $1200.
Not applicable.
Roseville (closed)

He [Dr. Soto-Albors] was quiet, and sometimes I wished he would talk more or explain more. We pretty well went along with the flow (although not understanding just where that flow was going or why things were being done). It wasn't until after egg retrieval happened that we started to understand what was going on.... Not really sure what kind of protocol was used; we were never told. Follistim was used, some Estrace, Ganirelix, Progesterone in oil (was later changed to Crinone due to allergic reaction).
Our nurse coordinator [Northern California Fertility Medical Ctr] and we had had a little bit of friction at first because of the stress levels, but finally were able to get adjusted well to each other. The other nurses (we only worked with each one once or twice) were great, and there were a couple of nurses that were very optimistic and positive....The embryologists were really nice and good; it was obvious, looking in retrospect, that the whole team knew what they were doing.
How was your experience with Carlos Soto-Albors (retired) at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
He was quiet, and sometimes I wished he would talk more or explain more. We pretty well went along with the flow (although not understanding just where that flow was going or why things were being done). It wasn't until after egg retrieval happened that we started to understand what was going on.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carlos Soto-Albors (retired) at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
To ask questions, and urge the doctors to explain what everything is and why they're doing what they're doing (like making med changes).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carlos Soto-Albors (retired) at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
I went in to IVF thinking it would take just a short time...but when things went for a couple of months, I got impatient, and not knowing what was going on, felt alone. Also, while the main focus was on my wife, I felt like other than some of the doctors pointing out my problems, that I was invisible (a couple of the doctors, but there were also some nice ones that boosted my confidence). When the end result came under the care of Dr. Soto-Albors, things had actually worked out really well, and because of him, my wife and I now have a son that we enjoy every day with. So while the process was stressful, the results were awesome.
Describe the protocols Carlos Soto-Albors (retired) used in your cycles at Northern California Fertility Medical Center and their degree of success.
Not really sure what kind of protocol was used; we were never told. Follistim was used, some Estrace, Ganirelix, Progesterone in oil (was later changed to Crinone due to allergic reaction). After all was said and done, 27 mature eggs were produced, 24 had been fertilized via ICSI, and 5 of those embryos made it to day 5. We miscarried one of the twins, but the other was born full term and without any problems.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Can't remember)
Our nurse coordinator and we had had a little bit of friction at first because of the stress levels, but finally were able to get adjusted well to each other. The other nurses (we only worked with each one once or twice) were great, and there were a couple of nurses that were very optimistic and positive.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
I had heard rumors that there was a bit of success associated with this particular clinic; for us, the same was very much true. I had a couple of doctors tell us that because of the problems with my sperm, we HAD to have donor sperm present (adding to the stress, though I can understand the motivation behind it; they wanted to make sure that the cycle was a success). The embryologists were really nice and good; it was obvious, looking in retrospect, that the whole team knew what they were doing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carlos Soto-Albors (retired) at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Ultrasounds were something like $300 apiece (and there were quite a few), we spent about $5000 on meds, two of my operations cost around $1500. As for the actual IVF, we spent about $20,000 on all that.
Describe Carlos Soto-Albors (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
He actually asked for our input on this one, and when we said two, he then revealed that he had also been thinking two as well.
Carlos Soto-Albors (retired)
Roseville (closed)

I first saw him [Dr. Murray] when my ob told me I had blocked tubes. He explained I needed them removed if I wanted to carry a baby safely (I had adhesions from a surgery I had around age 3 that we’re so bad my tubes had scar tissue and built up stuff that could harm a fetus).... Had both tubes removed. Healed up, started birth control for a month, then started my injections. 3 shots daily, then one big shot at the end, egg retrieval and then implantation!
EVEEYONE WAS AMAZING! I had one nurse who volunteered to come to my work at 10pm to come give me my last (BIG) shot because I was scared I couldn’t do it. The process is stressful, but I always felt so at ease with the staff [Northern CA Fert Med Ctr], like they were family....Getting in might take a couple weeks, but once the process starts it is quick and you RARELY have to wait to be seen for appointments.... I believe they only schedule a certain amount of people to work with at a time instead of taking on as many patients as they can which I like.
I first saw him when my ob told me I had blocked tubes. He explained I needed them removed if I wanted to carry a baby safely (I had adhesions from a surgery I had around age 3 that we’re so bad my tubes had scar tissue and built up stuff that could harm a fetus). The news was devastating, but the whole process from surgery to eventually getting pregnant went smoother than I could ever had imagined.
Relax! He’s got it!
He was friendly and straightforward. Never felt like he was judging or talking down to me like some doctors. Made me feel very comfortable.
I don’t remember really, it all happened so fast. Had both tubes removed. Healed up, started birth control for a month, then started my injections. 3 shots daily, then one big shot at the end, egg retrieval and then implantation!
EVEEYONE WAS AMAZING! I had one nurse who volunteered to come to my work at 10pm to come give me my last (BIG) shot because I was scared I couldn’t do it. The process is stressful, but I always felt so at ease with the staff, like they were family. After we found out I was pregnant a nurse who had helped with the implantation of the embryos (I only had met her that one day) called and left a message about how happy she was and wishing us luck. They truly genuinely care!
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Getting in might take a couple weeks, but once the process starts it is quick and you RARELY have to wait to be seen for appointments. I really have nothing bad to say about this clinic, I have referred numerous people and am planning on going back for baby number 2! They are super organized, friendly, professional and experienced at what they do. I could t be happier! For a new patient, make sure to clear up your schedule and talk to your employer because you will need some time off, but getting an appointment is never a problem. I believe they only schedule a certain amount of people to work with at a time instead of taking on as many patients as they can which I like. I have also seen a few of the doctors there and all of them were friendly and knowledgeable. Not one time did I feel like I wasn’t there number one priority. They also give you great advice on pharmacies and different programs available for financial assistance if you need it (let’s face it, Ive is EXPENSIVE!).
I believe we paid give or take $14,000 for the whole ivf procedure and then $3000 for medicarions? I don’t have the paperwork unfortunately for exact numbers

Surrogacy With Other Docs
Dr. Andreyko was very thorough but also personable with every step along our surrogacy journey. She explained every process in detail in terms that made sense to my husband and I....Dr. Andreyko has many years of experience in fertility treatments by the time we met her. Her knowledge in her field is impeccable along with all of the years helping others create little lives. The first time we met her we felt very comfortable and positive knowing she would be helping us achieve parenthood. She thoroughly detailed every process in a way we would understand. We would trust her many time again with fertility treatments.
From the moment you call to make an appointment with the staff [No Cal Fert Med Ctr] you get a feeling of reassurance that this is the place for you to grow your family. There is a sense of warmth in the tone you are greeted with! You are scheduled in a timely manner and the staff gets back to you in no time if they aren’t available...Our team was sensational! Courtney was always available for questions or concerns! She was always calm and positive which helped us from being overwhelmed!
How was your experience with Janice Andreyko (retired) at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Janice Andreyko (retired) at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
One piece of advice I would give to a future patient of Dr. Andreykos is to not be nervous or scared. Her positive and upbeat personality puts the nerves and fears at ease.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Janice Andreyko (retired) at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
Dr. Andreyko was very thorough but also personable with every step along our surrogacy journey. She explained every process in detail in terms that made sense to my husband and I. When our surrogate became pregnant, she celebrated our victory with us and expressed joyous tears. She became more than just our doctor rather than a trusting friend.
Describe the protocols Janice Andreyko (retired) used in your cycles at Northern California Fertility Medical Center and their degree of success.
I have MRKH. I was born without a cervix and uterus meaning I would never become pregnant. My mother offered to be a surrogate for my husband and I to have a biological child. When we met with Dr. Andreyko and all of us were deemed healthy to proceed from genetic testing to sperm analysis from my husband, we made a plan. The plan was I would begin hormone injections to prepare for the egg retrieval and my mom would begin hormone treatments as well to prepare for a fresh embryo transfer. In March 2016 we transferred two embryos to my mom who was 48 at the time. 11 days later we found out she was pregnant! Dr. Andreyko cried happy tears with us. We were so grateful for her to support us through our cycles and each step.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
From the moment you call to make an appointment with the staff you get a feeling of reassurance that this is the place for you to grow your family. There is a sense of warmth in the tone you are greeted with! You are scheduled in a timely manner and the staff gets back to you in no time if they aren’t available.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Janice Andreyko (retired) at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Roughly $18,000 for the entire process.
Describe Janice Andreyko (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Dr. Andreyko suggested a singleton transfer would be best in our situation because of our grade A embryos and how well our surrogates uterus responded to the hormone injections. She respected our choice of wanting to transfer two embryos though which later we were happy with our decision because it resulted in a singleton pregnancy!
Janice Andreyko (retired)

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Dr. Murray was very optimistic and answered all of our questions. He may have been a little over confident since we were "textbook" for a positive result which obviously didn't occur, but I don't know that any other course of action would have been viable...With Dr. Murray we did IVF. He did a full round of hormones including injections. We did an egg retrieval with ICSI and transferred two embryos on day 3. The lab made the call to do a day 3 transfer because the embryos looked good enough to do so. I however would have waited and possibly frozen the embryos to allow my body time to recover from the egg retrieval process.
The clinic [NCFMC] overall knows all of their patients and they treat them like family...They did not inform us that we could decline a day 3 transfer. We would have waited until the blastis stage and/or frozen the embryos so that we could allow time for my body to heal...We spent about $15,000 on IVF with Dr. Murray...My nurse was like family. When I ended up with yet another negative pregnancy she took it upon herself to call me even though she wasn't working that day and cried with me...
Ask every question you can think of. Ask what decisions you are allowed to make in regards to when you do a transfer and if you or the lab make that call.
Dr. Murray was very comfortable to be around and provided us with a lot of confidence in his ability. He was extremely hopeful of the outcome and was very positive in the entire process. He was confident that we would be successful in conceiving as our numbers and bloodwork looked promising.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
The clinic overall knows all of their patients and they treat them like family.
We spent about $15,000 on IVF with Dr. Murray.
I would have still transferred two embryos, but at a later date.