Mental health counseling is not offered
Mental health counseling is not offered

1750 SW Harbor Way
Portland, OR 97201
503-766-2168

Dr. Stoelk is very personable and calls us himself to talk through all sorts of issues. He’s certainly more readily available than every other western physician I’ve had...very compassionate and gentle...Ask a lot of questions. Don’t leave unless you feel confident in your comprehension of your appointment and next steps...I have had more interactions with Dr. Stoelk than I have his nursing staff...
The staff [at Northwest Fertility Center] is very kind and accessible. I wish there were a patient portal in which we could regularly upload documents and communicate securely and without needing to call or email...some discrepancies between quoted costs and actual costs...given how penny pinching we need to be to make this work, I do wish some of the estimates were more accurate...IUI was $500. IVF is currently quotes at $18,500 for his clinical work
How was your experience with Eugene Stoelk at Northwest Fertility Center?
I think Dr. Stoelk is a solid human being who listens well to us. I do think sometimes he over or underestimates our understanding of this process. We’re just starting IVF with him after a failed IUI. The IUI felt very rushed and I had little time to process what was happening between doing a post-coital, finding out my fluid may be killing sperm, and discovering a uterine polyp...and then being told we could do IUI that day. But I think that’s the nature of the beast. He’s very compassionate and gentle and we’re fans so far.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eugene Stoelk at Northwest Fertility Center?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eugene Stoelk at Northwest Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Eugene Stoelk used in your cycles at Northwest Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We’re just beginning IVF so we haven’t get started all the meds. But we did have IUI, which failed, and then I’ve just had more corrective surgery.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Northwest Fertility Center.
I have had more interactions with Dr. Stoelk than I have his nursing staff, so far, so I can’t quite speak to lots of interactions with them yet.
Describe your experience with Northwest Fertility Center.
The clinic is quaint. There’s a small waiting room, and for someone who is super private about my journey, that intimidated me at first. The staff is very kind and accessible. I wish there were a patient portal in which we could regularly upload documents and communicate securely and without needing to call or email. There were also some discrepancies between quoted costs and actual costs but not by too much that it was painful. But given how penny pinching we need to be to make this work, I do wish some of the estimates were more accurate. I definitely feel like a person and not a number here. Hopeful this is “the place” and I’ll get my rainbow baby after struggling for so, so long.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eugene Stoelk at Northwest Fertility Center.
IUI was $500. IVF is currently quotes at $18,500 for his clinical work. Genetic testing is $1,950 for an outside clinic to test up to (I believe) eight embryos and then it’s $250 per embryo after that. Shipping to and from the clinic is a cool $350. All in all, we’re well into the cost of a nice sedan or small suv.
Describe Eugene Stoelk's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwest Fertility Center.
I’m relieved that this clinic does eSET. I want a child more than I could ever express after five years of losses and surgeries. But I don’t want quadruplets. So I’m glad there’s little risk of that.
Portland
The doctor [Dr. Stoelk] looks to treat underlying problems and doesn't try to push more expensive treatments like IVF straight away. He took all our info and tied our plan to it in an individualized way. It was very refreshing..I felt like he listened to all the information I gave him and answered all my questions. The treatment route he suggested was actually based on my individual circumstances and not just a "standard procedure"...
The wait time to get a consultation [at Northwest Fertility Center] is quite long. Book early...Follicle development diagnostics, timed trigger shot, and insulin resistance treatment..[The nurses] communication internally was a tad unorganized. Otherwise, they did the job and we're very nice...The doctor [Dr. Eugene Stoelk] looks to treat underlying problems and doesn't try to push more expensive treatments like IVF straight away..I felt like he listened to all the information I gave him and answered all my questions.
How was your experience with Eugene Stoelk at Northwest Fertility Center?
I felt there could have been a little more sympathy, but he explained everything clearly and didn't sugar coat things or give unfounded false hope, which is refreshing. He listened to the data I brought and took it seriously. I did not feel dismissed like with previous doctors.
The wait time to get a consultation is quite long. Book early.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Northwest Fertility Center.
Their communication internally was a tad unorganized. Otherwise, they did the job and we're very nice
Describe your experience with Northwest Fertility Center.
The doctor looks to treat underlying problems and doesn't try to push more expensive treatments like IVF straight away. He took all our info and tied our plan to it in an individualized way. It was very refreshing.
My insurance didn't cover it, but it wasn't more than my OB GYN
I did not have embryos made
Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
He [Dr. Eugene Stoelk] called me personally for all test results. Recognized me and my spouse when we came in, referred to past scenarios without having to read up on notes etc...He is a one man show, does everything himself and not a factory. No he doesn't have the latest and greatest machines, but he also doesn't charge an arm and a leg for ivf. I appreciated the time he took to explain things to me. I appreciated that he answered my questions directly rather than having me deal with a nurse.
[Northwest Fertility Center] Strengths: Personalble, he's [Eugene Stoelk] been doing this a long time. He and his wife dealt with infertility. He was honest about everything. Kept costs down compared to other clinics. Weaknesses: he is a one man show. His process isn't for everyone. Equipment isn't latest and greatest...Best nursing staff! The we're always on top of everything. I didn't feel like I was another I number and they actually cared about me
How was your experience with Eugene Stoelk at Northwest Fertility Center?
He's not for everyone, just like other clinics aren't for everyone. Find one that is a best fit for yourself.
He called me personally for all test results. Recognized me and my spouse when we came in, referred to past scenarios without having to read up on notes etc
Describe your experience with Northwest Fertility Center.
Strengths: Personalble, he's been doing this a long time. He and his wife dealt with infertility. He was honest about everything. Kept costs down compared to other clinics. Weaknesses: he is a one man show. His process isn't for everyone. Equipment isn't latest and greatest
15k
Portland
He [Dr. Stoelk] is a really caring kind doctor he doesn’t sugar coat the situation . He is always available even after hours... He laid our plan of action on how many treatment we would try before getting a donor egg and he was always honest about the percentages of success . He would also call in the evening once my results are in to give me A Plan for my shots for the week . He was very quick and active with responses for my treatment plan.
She [nurse of Northwest Fertility Center] made me feel safe that I was getting the best care for my needs . She was always available by txt or call for help...They take into consideration people are spending life savings to do this and are really not pushing i necessary course of actions for treatment...They were honest about out of pocket and didn’t hide what wasn’t covered.
How was your experience with Eugene Stoelk at Northwest Fertility Center?
He is a really caring kind doctor he doesn’t sugar coat the situation . He is always available even after hours . I tried another doctor who was crass and. Cold . Dr Stoelk wants the best results . He told me what I need To do which is an egg donor . I can’t afford this at the moment with my salary . I am trying my best to save up. I feel he tries to give me the best results for my fertility situation.
I would say ask for clarity . If your unsure voice your opinion . I asked a lot of questions and he always tries to explain everything in detail he is available and a human. He isn’t clinical in the way some doctors are . He truly strives for the best outcome.
He is kind and thoughtful I feel he goes over every treatment in detail . I really appreciate his honestly . He really seems to care about the patient and their health .
He describing in detail how my treatment plan would go each session. He laid our plan of action on how many treatment we would try before getting a donor egg and he was always honest about the percentages of success . He would also call in the evening once my results are in to give me A Plan for my shots for the week . He was very quick and active with responses for my treatment plan.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwest Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Tracey )
She is wonderful, so caring and kind . She made me feel safe that I was getting the best care for my needs . She was always available by txt or call for help.
Describe your experience with Northwest Fertility Center.
I think the clinic is overall great . I think they strive to help patients achieve success in having a good fertility experience . They take into consideration people are spending life savings to do this and are really not pushing i necessary course of actions for treatment . They seem to really care about the patients.
It was mostly covered by insurance for some of the treatment . They were honest about out of pocket and didn’t hide what wasn’t covered.