7.1

Oakbrook Terrace
2 Trans Am Plaza
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
630-545-3766

I spent much more time with the nurses than with Dr. Barnes, but I felt like he was always friendly and helpful and knew what he was talking about. He laid out short- and long-term plans for treatment, so I knew what to expect...I believe I took letrazole with a shot each time- the plan was to do this for 3 cycles and then continue but with IUI added. We got pregnant the third time around.
It really was just that sometimes the nurses [at Northwestern] didn't know where I was at in a cycle or gave me conflicting information about say, how many treatments I had left until I moved on to IUI. We were always able to sort it out through MyChart though...The clinic was really beautiful and serene, and there was an order to it that made me feel like they had done this many times before (in a good way).
How was your experience with Randall Barnes at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Randall Barnes at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
You might get pregnant sooner than you expect!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Randall Barnes at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Sometimes nurses didn't seem to know where I was at on the schedule
Describe the protocols Randall Barnes used in your cycles at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
They were incredibly sweet and kind, but I found that sometimes they gave information that conflicted with what Dr. Barnes or other nurses had said.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randall Barnes at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
I don't remember
What specific things went wrong at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
It really was just that sometimes the nurses didn't know where I was at in a cycle or gave me conflicting information about say, how many treatments I had left until I moved on to IUI. We were always able to sort it out through MyChart though.
Randall Barnes
Chicago
Ask questions and be prepared to hear the truth. He [Dr. Edmond Confino] told me that if I was unable to become pregnant in three months that there was a problem. I listened to everything he told me to do and felt comfortable with out three month plan of IUI with and without drugs. I got pregnant at 39 after the first IUI...As a single woman wanting to have a child, he was supportive and nonjudgmental. He explained his plan for my age of 39 and we agreed on a time schedule. I felt he was honest with me and that I was in great hands.
How was your experience with Edmond Confino at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Confino has been doing this a long time and is very well respected in his field. As a single woman wanting to have a child, he was supportive and nonjudgmental. He explained his plan for my age of 39 and we agreed on a time schedule. I felt he was honest with me and that I was in great hands.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edmond Confino at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Ask questions and be prepared to hear the truth. He told me that if I was unable to become pregnant in three months that there was a problem. I listened to everything he told me to do and felt comfortable with out three month plan of IUI with and without drugs. I got pregnant at 39 after the first IUI
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Edmond Confino at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
He was very caring and really wonderful. He was very blunt about my age and the likelihood of a pregnancy. I felt like I was in great hands from the start.
Describe the protocols Edmond Confino used in your cycles at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
It was 16 years ago but I do remember a little bit. As I was only allowed to purchase four vials of donor sperm from the donor I selected, I wanted to follow all the rules. The plan was to do one insemination with without drugs, one month with clomid and then two the last month with clomid or another drug. I went in for an ultrasound on day ?, had an injection of profasi and came back a day or two later for the IUI. I went on to have a perfect pregnancy and healthy baby
I just remember all the nurses being very nice.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
I am a big fan of Northwestern and think the clinic was well run and would recommend them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Edmond Confino at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
It was in 2000 but my GUESS is that the consults, ultrasound and IUI were around $4500
Chicago

I had to go through two Ivf cycles [with Dr. Feinberg], both unsuccessful ( because of mine and my husband's complicated fertility issues). I don't know if she did her best. Most of the times, our only way of communication was through an app. Maybe if I have had to see her more often, I would've been more confident. Anyway, she treated me with compassion. She is a good doctor, knowing what she has to do. And I would recommend her to my friends.
NW is probably the biggest hospital/ clinic in Chicago area, and all the staff is high level. Every time I've been there during the last year, I received good and warm experience. The staff was always nice, and all the procedures I've undergone were delicate and less stressful...I had to go through two Ivf cycles [with Dr. Feinberg], both unsuccessful ( because of mine and my husband's complicated fertility issues). I don't know if she did her best. Most of the times, our only way of communication was through an app.
How was your experience with Eve Feinberg at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
I chose dr. Feinberg because of a friend who rescued to have two successful pregnancies with IVF treatment. I had to go through two Ivf cycles, both unsuccessful ( because of mine and my husband's complicated fertility issues). I don't know if she did her best. Most of the times, our only way of communication was through an app. Maybe if I have had to see her more often, I would've been more confident. Anyway, she treated me with compassion. She is a good doctor, knowing what she has to do. And I would recommend her to my friends.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eve Feinberg at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Ask as many questions as you need. Get all the tests done.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eve Feinberg at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
My healt insurance covered the expenses

2017, Unknown Success
We have only just begin working with Eve [Dr. Feinberg], but she has been patient, informative, and responsive to our inquiries. She also referred us to a urologist to address the male infertility issues and worked closely with the urologist to coordinate care...She took the time to sit down with us and explain answers to questions, as well as being responsive to mychart messages in a timely fashion....
The clinic [Northwestern Medicine] is in a busy part of town and parking is expensive, but the office itself is beautiful, all staff are very friendly and professional, and the vibe is overall hopeful...The nurse was also very patient, informative, and responsive to questions/mychart communications promptly...We have only just begin working with Eve [Feinberg] , but she has been patient, informative, and responsive to our inquiries. She also referred us to a urologist to address the male infertility issues and worked closely with the urologist to coordinate care.
We have only just begin working with Eve, but she has been patient, informative, and responsive to our inquiries. She also referred us to a urologist to address the male infertility issues and worked closely with the urologist to coordinate care.
Ask lots of questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eve Feinberg at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is in a busy part of town and parking is expensive, but the office itself is beautiful, all staff are very friendly and professional, and the vibe is overall hopeful.
our insurance does not cover infertility treatment, so we are in the process of switching coverage to be able to get the treatment

2015, Unsuccessful
...he [Dr. Confino] diagnosed me with PCOS, which I thought I had for about a year, and then when I saw another doctor at Northwestern I found I never actually had it...He has a wonderful reputation but due to his accent I couldn't understand a lot of what he was saying, especially on the telephone...Make sure his nurse is there so she can repeat anything that you didn't understand...
Northwestern didn't have the long lines in the morning that FCI had, which I know friends described as more of a cattle call. Since they moved to a new office everything had been great...My insurance was very good and covered a good portion of expenses related to IVF...[nurse] Joyce was always compassionate when we received negative results, and remembered my husband and I specifically when a year later we achieved positive results....
he diagnosed me with PCOS, which I thought I had for about a year, and then when I saw another doctor at Northwestern I found I never actually had it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Joyce)
Chicago
Dr. Feinberg was friendly and very upfront with treatment and what could be the cause of my infertility. She wanted to do testing to figure the cause. She listen to my question and give me input of risks.... I felt Dr. Feinberg cared, she did explained but I wish she could have given me more attention.... The clinic [Northwestern Medicine] was clean and very modern with up to date equipment.... They [the nurses] were organized and helpful in making sure your had follow-up appointments....
The clinic [Northwestern Medicine] was clean and very modern with up to date equipment.... They [the nurses] were organized and helpful in making sure your had follow-up appointments.... Dr. Feinberg was friendly and very upfront with treatment and what could be the cause of my infertility. She wanted to do testing to figure the cause. She listen to my question and give me input of risks.... I felt Dr. Feinberg cared, she did explained but I wish she could have given me more attention
Be ready to go hard. She really is understanding.
Describe the protocols Eve Feinberg used in your cycles at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I used progesterone, estradiol and prenatal vitamins for both FET.
They were organized and helpful in making sure your had follow-up appointments.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was clean and very modern with up to date equipment.
$2000 for out of pocket expenses.
Describe Eve Feinberg's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
She agreed to transfer 2.
Chicago
[Dr. Confino is...] Extremely warm and kind. when things were not clear he made sure to call me himself and spent 45 minutes on the phone with me...Dr Confino is one of the warmest and kindest doctors. He is very personable and has a hilarious sense of humor. During difficult times it was such an asset to have a doctor like him...
My only criticism of the [Northwestern Med] clinic which I told them as well was that I felt like I felll through the cracks one weekend. You don't have a nurse who is reviewing your file and is in charge of you. . They said they were working towards a system like that...Be assertive and ask questions as you are seen by the nurses routinely and they don't always explain the whole picture...
My only criticism of the clinic which I told them as well was that I felt like I felll through the cracks one weekend. You don't have a nurse who is reviewing your file and is in charge of you. . They said they were working towards a system like that

2011 - 2014, Successful
Dr Kazer was hands on and as invested in getting me pregnant as I was. Dr Kazer always took the time to talk to me in person or on the phone about my treatment. While being very upfront with medicine and its statistics he remained a my cheerleader as well. He was always warm, and when he could add humor to the situation he never hesitated.
Dr Kazer [at Northwestern Fertility] was hands on and as invested in getting me pregnant as I was. Dr Kazer always took the time to talk to me in person or on the phone about my treatment. While being very upfront with medicine and its statistics he remained a my cheerleader as well. He was always warm, and when he could add humor to the situation he never hesitated.
How was your experience with Ralph Kazer at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ralph Kazer at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Totally trust him. He knows what he is doing.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ralph Kazer at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Kazer was very upfront medically while being very caring compassionate and funny.
They always asked you to call them anytime to talk about anything.
2011 - 2012, Successful
He [Dr. Ralph Kazer] cares but doesn't sugar coat anything which I like...He is blunt and truthful. He is also caring and compassionate. He lets you know factually how likely pregnancy is and doesn't give any false hopes. I am happy he was my doctor. He was extremely helpful...I had to do injections anf daily blood draws then use progesterone to keep levels high
Ask as many questions as you. Red to feel comfortable about the process
He cares but doesn't sugar coat anything which I like
Describe the protocols Ralph Kazer used in your cycles at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Very nice clean and helpful staff
2010 - 2011, Successful
My friend recommend Dr. Confino after she had been through many fertility treatments. Dr. Confino and staff were wonderful. I could not be happy with my care....Dr. Confino was kind and caring. He is extremely knowledgeable.
My friend recommend Dr. Confino [at Northwestern] after she had been through many fertility treatments. Dr. Confino and staff were wonderful. I could not be happy with my care....Dr. Confino was kind and caring. He is extremely knowledgeable.
Dr. Confino was kind and caring. He is extremely knowleable.
He is very funny. During my egg transfer(I was a little stress out) he made everyone in the room laugh.
They explained everything very well and answered all my questions
Chicago
She [Dr. Eve Feinberg] is wonderful and warm - she remembered us personally, our journey, and always kept our specific goals as the focus...We loved her. She is extremely skilled and communicates well. I got OHSS, and she was calm and handled it in a way that kept me from panicking. We had a wonderful experience, even though IVF was hard, and she was always available for a visit or call when I needed...Ask questions when you have them - she’ll answer them!...always felt warmly welcomed. Plus, they really run on time!...with one exception: Melissa, a nurse practitioner who often spoke before thinking or being fully aware of a situation, which led to more than one stressful situation)
Claire [nurse at Northwestern Medicine] was so wonderful, reassuring, and enthusiastic. The entire nursing staff was fantastic (with one exception: Melissa, a nurse practitioner who often spoke before thinking or being fully aware of a situation, which led to more than one stressful situation)...Melissa often didn’t seem to know what was going on and provided bad information that conflicted with what others said or conflicted with my chart relating to embryo freezing process, medications, and post-retrieval care...Organized, quiet, clean, friendly desk staff, easy scheduling, not a crazy waiting room, easy parking. The only downside of being treated in the suburbs is having to go into the city for weekend monitoring, which is a very different experience, and for retrievals themselves. But we lived our clinic and always felt warmly welcomed. Plus, they really run on time!
Ask questions when you have them - she’ll answer them!
She is wonderful and warm - she remembered us personally, our journey, and always kept our specific goals as the focus
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Claire!)
Claire was so wonderful, reassuring, and enthusiastic. The entire nursing staff was fantastic (with one exception: Melissa, a nurse practitioner who often spoke before thinking or being fully aware of a situation, which led to more than one stressful situation)
Insurance covered my care
Chicago
Every appointment with Dr. Boots was very informative. She has a calming nature to her that helped us feel comfortable when she diagnosed me. She likes to draw pictures to help explain the diagnosis as well as the treatment options...[she has] a policy to prefer single embryo transfer depending on the situation...She is very knowledgeable and caring
The nursing staff [of Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine] is very informative and quick to respond to calls and messages...I’m the world of fertility clinics it is hard to not just feel like a number but I feel this clinic does a good job individualizing each patients care. It’s a busy practice and the system they have in place for morning monitoring and procedures is very thorough
How was your experience with Christina E. Boots at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
She is very knowledgeable and caring . Every appointment with Dr. Boots was very informative. She has a calming nature to her that helped us feel comfortable when she diagnosed me. She likes to draw pictures to help explain the diagnosis as well as the treatment options. I always left appointments with her feeling very hopeful.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christina E. Boots at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Dr boots it’s very kind and takes time to explain every step and treatment options
Describe the protocols Christina E. Boots used in your cycles at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
The treatments and protocols are very straightforward and all researched based
The nursing staff is very informative and quick to respond to calls and messages.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christina E. Boots at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
The high cost has nothing to do with the clinic but the lack of insurance coverage.
Describe Christina E. Boots's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
The doctor and clinic together have a policy to prefer single embryo transfer depending on the situation
Christina E. Boots
Chicago

Doctor Jared was awesome I felt 100% comfortable with him and my treatment plans. He went over all my test results with me & my partner.he explain the treatment we would do like first I start on the clomid pill then do ultrasounds & blood draws to track my hormones. ... I felt like a human, he answered all my question & concerns ...
My nursing staff was amazing [at Northwestern Medicine], Claire the RN Nurse answered all my questions soon as possible. She explain & answered my questions about my treatment plan also testing had to do. ... They have amazing compassion towards their patients. I haven’t seen anything of their weakness. They are good on about patients treatments, & response very quickly about questions that the patients have.
How was your experience with Jared Robins at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jared Robins at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions and do retest on anything that doesn’t sound right.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jared Robins at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
I felt like a human, he answered all my question & concerns
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Claire )
My nursing staff was amazing, Claire the RN Nurse answered all my questions soon as possible. She explain & answered my questions about my treatment plan also testing had to do.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jared Robins at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
My insurance covered everything except my medications & IUI procedure so we decided to do clomid with the injection with time intercourses
Jared Robins