7.1

Oakbrook Terrace
2 Trans Am Plaza
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
630-545-3766

Dr Robins has all of the FACTS! He is super knowledgeable and can answer all my questions well. That's what most of our discussions were about, facts of the tests, results, and next steps. I feel confident in what he tells us. If you are looking for special, tender care, Dr Robins may not be it for you. I need facts and look at things analytically, so I think it is a good match...Go with lots of questions, research on your own too!...I have done 4 IUI with clomid and am currently in my 5th cycle with letrozole...recommend single embryo transfer if we start IVF in February...I wonder if my treatment plan is tailored to me or if it is just the process that they make all patients follow.
I have done 4 IUI with clomid and am currently in my 5th cycle with letrozole [at Northwestern Medicine]...All of the nurses at NW are very nice and caring. What I appreciate the most is there super fast responses to questions sent in the portal...They keep things on time! I never have to wait too long. The front desk staff and phone staff are always patient and very kind. There is an awesome view of the lake from the clinic, which some days is a nice stress reliever. Coffee, water, tea and snacks are available as well...I wonder if my treatment plan is tailored to me or if it is just the process that they make all patients follow.
How was your experience with Jared Robins at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jared Robins at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Go with lots of questions, research on your own too!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jared Robins at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Jared Robins used in your cycles at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I have done 4 IUI with clomid and am currently in my 5th cycle with letrozole
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Claire)
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Describe Jared Robins's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Dr Robins recommend single embryo transfer if we start IVF in February
Jared Robins
2016 - 2019, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Feinberg] was very kind and considerate of our situation. She made sure that we felt as confertable as possible, answered any questions we had made herself available. ... She was encourageing and empathetic to our situation and is always telling us not to quit. We had always left feeling reassured that no matter what course of action we take, we'll eventually get a positive result. ...
The only weakness I can think of is that they [Northwestern Medicine] only perform a certain a ount of IVF's per month (quality control, I assume), which has put our "trying" on hold from December-March. Everything else at that facility is prety great though. ... nurses were incredibly responsive not only in person, but also on the patient portal. very attentive and compassionate as well. ... IUIs were about $1000 each including actual procedure, medications and blood work. Cost of single IVF is planned to be about $15,000
How was your experience with Eve Feinberg at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
She was encourageing and empathetic to our situation and is always telling us not to quit. We had always left feeling reassured that no matter what course of action we take, we'll eventually get a positive result. Very considerate and was an expert on the topic.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eve Feinberg at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Do as much research up-front and prepared with all of your questions when meeting with the doctor
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eve Feinberg at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
She was very kind and considerate of our situation. She made sure that we felt as confertable as possible, answered any questions we had made herself available.
Describe the protocols Eve Feinberg used in your cycles at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
She started us out on timed intercourse, followed by 3 IUIs, followed by IVF- all cycles with Letrozole/Femara protocol.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
The only weakness I can think of is that they only perform a certain a ount of IVF's per month (quality control, I assume), which has put our "trying" on hold from December-March. Everything else at that facility is prety great though.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eve Feinberg at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Chicago
He [Dr. Jain] was great he draws pictures to make sure you understand, he send you MyChart messages, 24 hour turnaround time for questions most times it was within hours, he listened to concerns, he’s opened for discussion...I didn’t have a baseline, so he started me off with gonal f 300, then I wasn’t moving like he wanted so he increased my med to 450, I was only able to produce 3 follicles, after a couple of days with those 3 he told me to start ganirelix the follicles grew but not big enough so I decided to end the cycle and start another one... I feel confident this time because Dr have a baseline to work with
The clinic [Northwestern Med] was nice open early each and every time, nice friendly faces and staff showed concerns as well they knew your name, they always was willing to help out with questions or concerns anything they would go out there way, they have a coffee and tea area as well...It felt very personal, like family...[Nursing staff] Great experience took there time with me very understanding and showed concerns, answered questions quickly all around just nice...he [Dr. Jain] send you MyChart messages, 24 hour turnaround time for questions most times it was within hours, he listened to concerns, he’s opened for discussion. Just all around nice practice
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
He was great he draws pictures to make sure you understand, he send you MyChart messages, 24 hour turnaround time for questions most times it was within hours, he listened to concerns, he’s opened for discussion. Just all around nice practice
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tarun Jain at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
This is a long process and you have to be mentally prepared
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tarun Jain at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
It felt very personal, like family
Describe the protocols Tarun Jain used in your cycles at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I didn’t have a baseline, so he started me off with gonal f 300, then I wasn’t moving like he wanted so he increased my med to 450, I was only able to produce 3 follicles, after a couple of days with those 3 he told me to start ganirelix the follicles grew but not big enough so I decided to end the cycle and start another one, I feel confident this time because Dr have a baseline to work with
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was nice open early each and every time, nice friendly faces and staff showed concerns as well they knew your name, they always was willing to help out with questions or concerns anything they would go out there way, they have a coffee and tea area as well
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tarun Jain at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
My insurance covered everything OOP less then 5k
Chicago

She [Dr. Eve Feinberg] is very blunt and doesn’t sugar coat things- which I appreciated. She is also very realistic. She helped to set realistic expectations. Sometimes I wonder if we should have tried an additional cycle before moving to donor eggs but we could never afforded it.... Being DOR- I was pushed pretty hard with drugs. The first try at IVF resulted in 3 follicles so the cycles was converted to IUI. The second try only had two follicles- So we cancelled and did not do an IUI because later discovered a Male Factor. These cancellations saved us a lot of money.
The clinic [Northwestern Medicine- Chicago] is nice- clean, relatively friendly, etc. It seems to be a bit cheaper than many of the other Chicago clinics. Billing can be frustrating and I kept having to call and reiterate things, but they were going through some staffing changes. Plus, it is super close to public transit since it is downtown.... Stacey was my favorite- I don’t think she was a nurse but she did most of my appointments. (Saline sonograms, etc)
She is very blunt and doesn’t sugar coat things- which I appreciated. She is also very realistic. She helped to set realistic expectations. Sometimes I wonder if we should have tried an additional cycle before moving to donor eggs but we could never afforded it.
Her calendar fills up very quickly- so book now!
She was very involved in my treatment and really listened to our needs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Stacey was amazing!)
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is nice- clean, relatively friendly, etc. It seems to be a bit cheaper than many of the other Chicago clinics. Billing can be frustrating and I kept having to call and reiterate things, but they were going through some staffing changes. Plus, it is super close to public transit since it is downtown.
I believe a full IVF cycle was around 10k-12k, plus meds.
Describe Eve Feinberg's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
We never reached this point.
What specific things went wrong at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Chicago
I spent much more time with the nurses than with Dr. Barnes, but I felt like he was always friendly and helpful and knew what he was talking about. He laid out short- and long-term plans for treatment, so I knew what to expect...I believe I took letrazole with a shot each time- the plan was to do this for 3 cycles and then continue but with IUI added. We got pregnant the third time around.
It really was just that sometimes the nurses [at Northwestern] didn't know where I was at in a cycle or gave me conflicting information about say, how many treatments I had left until I moved on to IUI. We were always able to sort it out through MyChart though...The clinic was really beautiful and serene, and there was an order to it that made me feel like they had done this many times before (in a good way).
How was your experience with Randall Barnes at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Randall Barnes at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
You might get pregnant sooner than you expect!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Randall Barnes at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Sometimes nurses didn't seem to know where I was at on the schedule
Describe the protocols Randall Barnes used in your cycles at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
They were incredibly sweet and kind, but I found that sometimes they gave information that conflicted with what Dr. Barnes or other nurses had said.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randall Barnes at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
I don't remember
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
It really was just that sometimes the nurses didn't know where I was at in a cycle or gave me conflicting information about say, how many treatments I had left until I moved on to IUI. We were always able to sort it out through MyChart though.
Randall Barnes
Chicago
Ask questions and be prepared to hear the truth. He [Dr. Edmond Confino] told me that if I was unable to become pregnant in three months that there was a problem. I listened to everything he told me to do and felt comfortable with out three month plan of IUI with and without drugs. I got pregnant at 39 after the first IUI...As a single woman wanting to have a child, he was supportive and nonjudgmental. He explained his plan for my age of 39 and we agreed on a time schedule. I felt he was honest with me and that I was in great hands.
How was your experience with Edmond Confino at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Confino has been doing this a long time and is very well respected in his field. As a single woman wanting to have a child, he was supportive and nonjudgmental. He explained his plan for my age of 39 and we agreed on a time schedule. I felt he was honest with me and that I was in great hands.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edmond Confino at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Ask questions and be prepared to hear the truth. He told me that if I was unable to become pregnant in three months that there was a problem. I listened to everything he told me to do and felt comfortable with out three month plan of IUI with and without drugs. I got pregnant at 39 after the first IUI
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Edmond Confino at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
He was very caring and really wonderful. He was very blunt about my age and the likelihood of a pregnancy. I felt like I was in great hands from the start.
Describe the protocols Edmond Confino used in your cycles at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
It was 16 years ago but I do remember a little bit. As I was only allowed to purchase four vials of donor sperm from the donor I selected, I wanted to follow all the rules. The plan was to do one insemination with without drugs, one month with clomid and then two the last month with clomid or another drug. I went in for an ultrasound on day ?, had an injection of profasi and came back a day or two later for the IUI. I went on to have a perfect pregnancy and healthy baby
I just remember all the nurses being very nice.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
I am a big fan of Northwestern and think the clinic was well run and would recommend them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Edmond Confino at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
It was in 2000 but my GUESS is that the consults, ultrasound and IUI were around $4500
Chicago

I had to go through two Ivf cycles [with Dr. Feinberg], both unsuccessful ( because of mine and my husband's complicated fertility issues). I don't know if she did her best. Most of the times, our only way of communication was through an app. Maybe if I have had to see her more often, I would've been more confident. Anyway, she treated me with compassion. She is a good doctor, knowing what she has to do. And I would recommend her to my friends.
NW is probably the biggest hospital/ clinic in Chicago area, and all the staff is high level. Every time I've been there during the last year, I received good and warm experience. The staff was always nice, and all the procedures I've undergone were delicate and less stressful...I had to go through two Ivf cycles [with Dr. Feinberg], both unsuccessful ( because of mine and my husband's complicated fertility issues). I don't know if she did her best. Most of the times, our only way of communication was through an app.
I chose dr. Feinberg because of a friend who rescued to have two successful pregnancies with IVF treatment. I had to go through two Ivf cycles, both unsuccessful ( because of mine and my husband's complicated fertility issues). I don't know if she did her best. Most of the times, our only way of communication was through an app. Maybe if I have had to see her more often, I would've been more confident. Anyway, she treated me with compassion. She is a good doctor, knowing what she has to do. And I would recommend her to my friends.
Ask as many questions as you need. Get all the tests done.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
My healt insurance covered the expenses

2017, Unknown Success
We have only just begin working with Eve [Dr. Feinberg], but she has been patient, informative, and responsive to our inquiries. She also referred us to a urologist to address the male infertility issues and worked closely with the urologist to coordinate care...She took the time to sit down with us and explain answers to questions, as well as being responsive to mychart messages in a timely fashion....
The clinic [Northwestern Medicine] is in a busy part of town and parking is expensive, but the office itself is beautiful, all staff are very friendly and professional, and the vibe is overall hopeful...The nurse was also very patient, informative, and responsive to questions/mychart communications promptly...We have only just begin working with Eve [Feinberg] , but she has been patient, informative, and responsive to our inquiries. She also referred us to a urologist to address the male infertility issues and worked closely with the urologist to coordinate care.
We have only just begin working with Eve, but she has been patient, informative, and responsive to our inquiries. She also referred us to a urologist to address the male infertility issues and worked closely with the urologist to coordinate care.
Ask lots of questions.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is in a busy part of town and parking is expensive, but the office itself is beautiful, all staff are very friendly and professional, and the vibe is overall hopeful.
our insurance does not cover infertility treatment, so we are in the process of switching coverage to be able to get the treatment

2015, Unsuccessful
...he [Dr. Confino] diagnosed me with PCOS, which I thought I had for about a year, and then when I saw another doctor at Northwestern I found I never actually had it...He has a wonderful reputation but due to his accent I couldn't understand a lot of what he was saying, especially on the telephone...Make sure his nurse is there so she can repeat anything that you didn't understand...
Northwestern didn't have the long lines in the morning that FCI had, which I know friends described as more of a cattle call. Since they moved to a new office everything had been great...My insurance was very good and covered a good portion of expenses related to IVF...[nurse] Joyce was always compassionate when we received negative results, and remembered my husband and I specifically when a year later we achieved positive results....
he diagnosed me with PCOS, which I thought I had for about a year, and then when I saw another doctor at Northwestern I found I never actually had it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Joyce)
Chicago
Dr. Feinberg was friendly and very upfront with treatment and what could be the cause of my infertility. She wanted to do testing to figure the cause. She listen to my question and give me input of risks.... I felt Dr. Feinberg cared, she did explained but I wish she could have given me more attention.... The clinic [Northwestern Medicine] was clean and very modern with up to date equipment.... They [the nurses] were organized and helpful in making sure your had follow-up appointments....
The clinic [Northwestern Medicine] was clean and very modern with up to date equipment.... They [the nurses] were organized and helpful in making sure your had follow-up appointments.... Dr. Feinberg was friendly and very upfront with treatment and what could be the cause of my infertility. She wanted to do testing to figure the cause. She listen to my question and give me input of risks.... I felt Dr. Feinberg cared, she did explained but I wish she could have given me more attention
Be ready to go hard. She really is understanding.
I used progesterone, estradiol and prenatal vitamins for both FET.
They were organized and helpful in making sure your had follow-up appointments.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was clean and very modern with up to date equipment.
$2000 for out of pocket expenses.
She agreed to transfer 2.
Chicago
[Dr. Confino is...] Extremely warm and kind. when things were not clear he made sure to call me himself and spent 45 minutes on the phone with me...Dr Confino is one of the warmest and kindest doctors. He is very personable and has a hilarious sense of humor. During difficult times it was such an asset to have a doctor like him...
My only criticism of the [Northwestern Med] clinic which I told them as well was that I felt like I felll through the cracks one weekend. You don't have a nurse who is reviewing your file and is in charge of you. . They said they were working towards a system like that...Be assertive and ask questions as you are seen by the nurses routinely and they don't always explain the whole picture...
My only criticism of the clinic which I told them as well was that I felt like I felll through the cracks one weekend. You don't have a nurse who is reviewing your file and is in charge of you. . They said they were working towards a system like that

2011 - 2014, Successful
Dr Kazer was hands on and as invested in getting me pregnant as I was. Dr Kazer always took the time to talk to me in person or on the phone about my treatment. While being very upfront with medicine and its statistics he remained a my cheerleader as well. He was always warm, and when he could add humor to the situation he never hesitated.
Dr Kazer [at Northwestern Fertility] was hands on and as invested in getting me pregnant as I was. Dr Kazer always took the time to talk to me in person or on the phone about my treatment. While being very upfront with medicine and its statistics he remained a my cheerleader as well. He was always warm, and when he could add humor to the situation he never hesitated.
How was your experience with Ralph Kazer at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ralph Kazer at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Totally trust him. He knows what he is doing.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ralph Kazer at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Kazer was very upfront medically while being very caring compassionate and funny.
They always asked you to call them anytime to talk about anything.
2011 - 2012, Successful
He [Dr. Ralph Kazer] cares but doesn't sugar coat anything which I like...He is blunt and truthful. He is also caring and compassionate. He lets you know factually how likely pregnancy is and doesn't give any false hopes. I am happy he was my doctor. He was extremely helpful...I had to do injections anf daily blood draws then use progesterone to keep levels high
Ask as many questions as you. Red to feel comfortable about the process
He cares but doesn't sugar coat anything which I like
Describe the protocols Ralph Kazer used in your cycles at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Very nice clean and helpful staff
2010 - 2011, Successful
My friend recommend Dr. Confino after she had been through many fertility treatments. Dr. Confino and staff were wonderful. I could not be happy with my care....Dr. Confino was kind and caring. He is extremely knowledgeable.
My friend recommend Dr. Confino [at Northwestern] after she had been through many fertility treatments. Dr. Confino and staff were wonderful. I could not be happy with my care....Dr. Confino was kind and caring. He is extremely knowledgeable.
Dr. Confino was kind and caring. He is extremely knowleable.
He is very funny. During my egg transfer(I was a little stress out) he made everyone in the room laugh.
They explained everything very well and answered all my questions
Chicago
She [Dr. Eve Feinberg] is wonderful and warm - she remembered us personally, our journey, and always kept our specific goals as the focus...We loved her. She is extremely skilled and communicates well. I got OHSS, and she was calm and handled it in a way that kept me from panicking. We had a wonderful experience, even though IVF was hard, and she was always available for a visit or call when I needed...Ask questions when you have them - she’ll answer them!...always felt warmly welcomed. Plus, they really run on time!...with one exception: Melissa, a nurse practitioner who often spoke before thinking or being fully aware of a situation, which led to more than one stressful situation)
Claire [nurse at Northwestern Medicine] was so wonderful, reassuring, and enthusiastic. The entire nursing staff was fantastic (with one exception: Melissa, a nurse practitioner who often spoke before thinking or being fully aware of a situation, which led to more than one stressful situation)...Melissa often didn’t seem to know what was going on and provided bad information that conflicted with what others said or conflicted with my chart relating to embryo freezing process, medications, and post-retrieval care...Organized, quiet, clean, friendly desk staff, easy scheduling, not a crazy waiting room, easy parking. The only downside of being treated in the suburbs is having to go into the city for weekend monitoring, which is a very different experience, and for retrievals themselves. But we lived our clinic and always felt warmly welcomed. Plus, they really run on time!
Ask questions when you have them - she’ll answer them!
She is wonderful and warm - she remembered us personally, our journey, and always kept our specific goals as the focus
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Claire!)
Claire was so wonderful, reassuring, and enthusiastic. The entire nursing staff was fantastic (with one exception: Melissa, a nurse practitioner who often spoke before thinking or being fully aware of a situation, which led to more than one stressful situation)
Insurance covered my care
Chicago
Every appointment with Dr. Boots was very informative. She has a calming nature to her that helped us feel comfortable when she diagnosed me. She likes to draw pictures to help explain the diagnosis as well as the treatment options...[she has] a policy to prefer single embryo transfer depending on the situation...She is very knowledgeable and caring
The nursing staff [of Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine] is very informative and quick to respond to calls and messages...I’m the world of fertility clinics it is hard to not just feel like a number but I feel this clinic does a good job individualizing each patients care. It’s a busy practice and the system they have in place for morning monitoring and procedures is very thorough
How was your experience with Christina E. Boots at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
She is very knowledgeable and caring . Every appointment with Dr. Boots was very informative. She has a calming nature to her that helped us feel comfortable when she diagnosed me. She likes to draw pictures to help explain the diagnosis as well as the treatment options. I always left appointments with her feeling very hopeful.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christina E. Boots at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Dr boots it’s very kind and takes time to explain every step and treatment options
Describe the protocols Christina E. Boots used in your cycles at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
The treatments and protocols are very straightforward and all researched based
The nursing staff is very informative and quick to respond to calls and messages.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christina E. Boots at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
The high cost has nothing to do with the clinic but the lack of insurance coverage.
Describe Christina E. Boots's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
The doctor and clinic together have a policy to prefer single embryo transfer depending on the situation
Christina E. Boots
Chicago

Doctor Jared was awesome I felt 100% comfortable with him and my treatment plans. He went over all my test results with me & my partner.he explain the treatment we would do like first I start on the clomid pill then do ultrasounds & blood draws to track my hormones. ... I felt like a human, he answered all my question & concerns ...
My nursing staff was amazing [at Northwestern Medicine], Claire the RN Nurse answered all my questions soon as possible. She explain & answered my questions about my treatment plan also testing had to do. ... They have amazing compassion towards their patients. I haven’t seen anything of their weakness. They are good on about patients treatments, & response very quickly about questions that the patients have.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions and do retest on anything that doesn’t sound right.
I felt like a human, he answered all my question & concerns
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Claire )
My nursing staff was amazing, Claire the RN Nurse answered all my questions soon as possible. She explain & answered my questions about my treatment plan also testing had to do.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jared Robins at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
My insurance covered everything except my medications & IUI procedure so we decided to do clomid with the injection with time intercourses
Jared Robins

2021 - 2022, 18 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Jain gave good explanations and helped me decide to do the egg retrieval. I honestly didn't interact with him much but when I did it was good. I don't have much else to say - he wasn't a big part of my experience with the egg retrieval...every time I interacted with him he treated me with respect and care. My critique of the experience is that I had very little interaction with people who could give me a sense of how the cycles were going - the clinic staff was unbelievably efficient, but the only people I spoke to were receptionists, phlebotomists, and ultrasonographers...
The nurses [at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine] were incredibly organized. My critique is that I had very few qualitative descriptions of how things were going. Once I got a message that said "it's still early in your cycle so we expect more follicles in the coming days." Otherwise it was always a form message - a very clear and useful form message - but nothing personalized...ask the nurses for more input if you want to know what's going on...
Find a way to ask the nurses for more input if you want to know what's going on
During the consultation I had a very good conversation with Dr. Jain. Overall every time I interacted with him he treated me with respect and care. My critique of the experience is that I had very little interaction with people who could give me a sense of how the cycles were going - the clinic staff was unbelievably efficient, but the only people I spoke to were receptionists, phlebotomists, and ultrasonographers - no one who could tell me "things are going well - I'd guess you have 5 more days" or "things are going pretty slowly - I think you might not get a good yield this round and I suspect you'll have to do another one" which is what happened. That's fine, but I was disappointed after my first round and I wish I'd had more of a sense earlier on that it wasn't going well.
Day: Date: [Ganirelix], Dose Gonal F, dose novarel/HCG 1: 10/27: 100, 0.06 (estradiol 61) 2: 10/28: 100, 0.06 3: 10/29: 100, 0.06 4: 10/30: 150, 0.06 (estradiol 153) -You have a few follicles measuring less than 10mm 5: 10/31: 150, 0.06 6: 11/1: Gonal-F 225 units, HCG 6 units (estradiol 366) -The largest follicle measuring by ultrasound is 10mm. -You also have smaller follicles measuring less than 10mm 7: 11/2: Ganirelix AM, Gonal-F 225 units, HCG 6 units 8: 11/3: Ganirelix AM, Gonal-F 300 units, HCG 6 units (estradiol 954) -The largest follicle measuring by ultrasound is 13 mm. -You also have 3 smaller follicles measuring between 12 and 13. 9: 11/4: Ganirelix AM, Gonal-F 300 units, HCG 6 units 10: 11/5: Ganirelix AM, Gonal-F 300 units, HCG 6 units 11: 11/6: Ganirelix AM, Gonal-F 300 units, HCG 6 units (estradiol 1408) -Your estrogen level is 1408. You have 5 follicles measuring between 17 mm and 27 mm. 12: 11/7 1am: leupron 13: retrieval (11 follicles, of which 6 were mature) Total meds used: -Gonal-F used: 2250 (required 3 pens) -Ganirelix: 5 doses. -HCG: Plenty of HCG leftover Round 2 Day: Date: [Ganirelix], Dose Gonal F, dose menopur 1: Mon 2/14: Gonal-F 200u, Menopur 75u. (estradiol 60) 2: Tues 2/15: Gonal-F 200u, Menopur 75u. 3: Wed 2/16: Gonal-F 200u, Menopur 75u. 4: Thur 2/17: Gonal-F 200u, Menopur 75u. (est 339) -The largest follicle measuring by ultrasound is 10 mm. -You also have 2 smaller follicles measuring 10 mm. 5: Fri 2/18: AM: Gan. Gonal-F 200u, Men 75u. 6: Sat 2/19: AM: Gan. Gonal-F 200, Men 75u. (est 749) -The largest follicle measuring by ultrasound is 14mm. -You also have 6 smaller follicles measuring between 10 and 13mm. 7: Sun 2/20: AM: Gan. Gonal-F 200, Men 75u. 8: Mon 2/21: AM Gan. Gonal-F 200, Men 75u. (est 922) -The largest follicle measuring by ultrasound is 19 mm. -You also have 12 smaller follicles measuring between 11 and 18 mm. 9: Tues 2/22: AM Gan. Gonal-F 200, Men 75u. (est 1190) -The largest follicle measuring by ultrasound is 20 mm. -You also have 12 smaller follicles measuring between 11 and 17 mm. 10: Wed 2/23: AM Gan. Gonal-F 200, Men 75u. (est 1685) -You have 10 follicles measuring between 15mm and 30mm. 11: Thurs 2/24: 12am Leurpon 80u. am labs 12: Fri 2/25: 12pm retrieval (16 follicles, of which 12 were mature) Total meds used: -Gonal F: 2000u (3 pens) -Menopur: 10 vials -Ganirelix: 6 doses
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kait)
The nurses were incredibly organized. My critique is that I had very few qualitative descriptions of how things were going. Once I got a message that said "it's still early in your cycle so we expect more follicles in the coming days." Otherwise it was always a form message - a very clear and useful form message - but nothing personalized.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Unbelievably efficient, quick, and professional. As I've described, lacking in personalized communication/letting patients know how they're doing. Copying and pasting from before: the clinic staff was unbelievably efficient, but the only people I spoke to were receptionists, phlebotomists, and ultrasonographers - no one who could tell me "things are going well - I'd guess you have 5 more days" or "things are going pretty slowly - I think you might not get a good yield this round and I suspect you'll have to do another one" which is what happened. That's fine, but I was disappointed after my first round and I wish I'd had more of a sense earlier on that it wasn't going well.
1500 procedure, 200-300 for meds per round