7.1

2 Trans Am Plaza
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
630-545-3766

2019 - 2021, Successful
Although my journey was complicated, Dr Jain never gave up on me. After each appointment, we would change the treatment protocol and explore additional testing if needed...He monitored me closely to make sure I didn’t develop OHSS. We ended up with 29 eggs and 13 embryos from that one cycle! FET - due to my risk of OHSS, all of my transfers were frozen...Always starts with one tested/untested embryo. If first transfer fails, will consider 2 untested embryos if patient understands the risks. If embryos are tested, then single embryo transfers only.
The clinic [Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine] is honestly top notch. They have all the latest technology and the doctors stay up to date with all the latest data. Monitoring appointments can be done at the Oak Brook and Highland Park locations, but all procedures are done downtown. The nurse practitioners have appointments in the suburbs, but the physicians typically stay downtown....
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Jain invests deeply in the care of his patients. Although my journey was complicated, Dr Jain never gave up on me. After each appointment, we would change the treatment protocol and explore additional testing if needed. I did a lot of research myself and felt very comfortable asking him questions to share my wants and needs. Dr Jain had no problem adjusting the treatment plan to what I felt most comfortable with. During each appointment, I never felt rushed. He would also send MyChart messages very late at night as he is catching up on his charting. It showed that I was not just a number to him, and that he genuinely cared about me as his patient.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tarun Jain at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Come prepared to ask questions! If you’re up for it (or in the healthcare field), do your own research and ask Dr Jain what he thinks about certain tests, labs, or procedures. Knowledge is power, so take your time during the appointment to make sure all questions are answered.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tarun Jain at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Jain always spent SO much time with me explaining the treatment plan and altering the treatment plan to fit my wants and needs too
Describe the protocols Tarun Jain used in your cycles at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
IUI - letrozole alone, and letrozole with clomid. Unfortunately all were unsuccessful. IVF - low doses of GonalF and Menopur since I made a lot of eggs. He monitored me closely to make sure I didn’t develop OHSS. We ended up with 29 eggs and 13 embryos from that one cycle! FET - due to my risk of OHSS, all of my transfers were frozen. First transfer was a medicated transfer with estradiol and IM progesterone - which failed. I ended up fainting with the IM progesterone once, so we avoided it for the next transfers. Second transfer was a modified natural cycle with letrozole and Ovidrel - but unfortunately ended in an ectopic. Third transfer was another modified natural cycle and currently pregnant! (We did genetic testing of embryos and ERA test prior to the third transfer)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kait)
Kait is an absolute Angel! She was my biggest support system through my entire journey. She always replied to my concerns and got me answers to my questions. She would personally call me to explain in greater detail after test results. She is the BEST nurse.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is honestly top notch. They have all the latest technology and the doctors stay up to date with all the latest data. Monitoring appointments can be done at the Oak Brook and Highland Park locations, but all procedures are done downtown. The nurse practitioners have appointments in the suburbs, but the physicians typically stay downtown.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tarun Jain at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
My insurance thankfully covered IVF, so I just had to pay my out of pocket max for the year which was $3500. I never had any issues with the billing department. Embryo testing was not covered, so that was an additional $5000. Also, the ERA and ReceptivaDx testing is not covered by any insurance, so that was an extra $1500 out of pocket. In total: $10,000
Describe Tarun Jain's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.

2018 - 2020, Successful
When we have had follow ups with him or phone calls I can tell he [Dr. Jain] remembers us and he remembers details from my different cycles. He has personally reached out and called me/us to answer my questions and talk through my symptoms during cycles. ... Especially, when we met with him following my miscarriage. At that appointment I had a long list of questions and he sat with us and answered every single one before we left. He has always had a great level of compassion towards us and why we are there to see him.
The office [Northwestern Med] has a lot of patients and it is difficult to get consultation appointments with the RE's. The clinic has great clerical staff. They learn your names, they greet you with friendly hellos even at 6:30 am and they always wish me good luck whenever i have scheduled an IUI. The clinic is very efficient during morning monitoring times. Unless, there is a significant amount of people (i.e. after a holiday weekend) I am almost always in and out of there in 30 minutes
He has always been supportive of my interest in trying supplementary treatment outside of just the RE world (i.e. supplements, Naturopath, acupuncture). He has been very flexible with doing things on our timeline and not his or the clinics. He has given us his honest medical opinion for treatment based on our clinical presentation. I have never felt like he was forcing us into doing certain treatments (i.e. going right to IVF after my miscarriage). He has been clear and direct with us and explained all the medical language he was using. One issue I had was when I was 3 days after my D&C when I was in significant pain due to additional clots passing. Another doctor in the clinic performed my surgery so she was the one who I saw when I went into the clinic to figure out what was going on. After, it all subsided and i passed all the tissue I heard from my nurse who I work with but I did not hear from Dr. Jain himself about the issues after my surgery.
Come in with questions. If you do your research before you will be able to get even more out of your appointment than you have to begin with.
Dr. Jain has very personable with my husband and I since our first appointment. When we have had follow ups with him or phone calls I can tell he remembers us and he remembers details from my different cycles. He has personally reached out and called me/us to answer my questions and talk through my symptoms during cycles. He has been very kind and compassionate since the first time we met him. I never felt like he was rushing us through our appointments with him. He was very patient with us. Especially, when we met with him following my miscarriage. At that appointment I had a long list of questions and he sat with us and answered every single one before we left. He has always had a great level of compassion towards us and why we are there to see him. I have felt like he completely understands this is more than just a typical medical issue that you would see your primary doctor for. He understands that infertility is more than just physical issue in the body and it is almost highly emotional and mental.
I have done 6 IUI's up to this date. Dr. Jain's rationale for performing IUI's was because my main issue with irregular cycles due to mild PCOS. I had no other abnormal test results that indicated a more severe treatment was needed (i.e. IVF). He also had me immediately start taking 25 mcg of Synthroid to balance out my thyroid. For the IUI's, I took 5 mg of letrozole and then used the ovidrel trigger shot for each cycle. On the second IUI, my uterine lining wasn't thickening as it should have been so they put me on 10 mg of Estradiol. This was the cycle I got pregnant! I had an early miscarriage for unknown cause (genetic test showed the baby was chromosomal normal). For the following 3 IUI's, Dr. Jain had me taking 20 mg progesterone suppositories following the IUI to help assist with implantation. Throughout this process I have had to increase my Synthroid dose. After my 5th IUI (4th failed), we decided to take a break from treatments and see a Naturopath doctor. After a few months of diet change and additional testing/treatments suggested by the Naturopath we returned to Dr. Jain to discuss next treatment options. He went talked us through what IVF would look like and the pros and cons for our situation. He also talked about the pros and cons of continuing with IUI's. He was very supportive and willing to continue with IUI's because we had success. After that appointment, we decided to try more IUI's. We had our 6th IUI in March 2020 with the same treatment protocol listed above. We had set a plan with Dr. Jain for what we would do different if I got a positive pregnancy test. This included taking blood thinners to help maintain the pregnancy. Unfortunately, I did not get pregnant from that cycle. We are currently in a holding pattern right now due to COVID-19 and have not been able to start another IUI. Our plan is to try two more IUI's and see if either is successful before discussing other options.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Joyce Kane)
My nurse Joyce has been amazing. She has been an amazing communicator since the first day I met her. She will quickly return my messages through the online chart or phone call. When I was in significant pain following my D&C she was the one who got in me into the clinic to see the doctor who performed my surgery. She has been so kind and compassionate with me as well. She is the one who called me to tell me the results of the genetic test of my baby following my miscarriage. She was the one who told me the baby I lost was a boy. I could hear the sadness in her voice as she told me all this. I did not feel like she was just making another call with results to the patients. I would also like to state that all the nurses who performed my IUI's have been amazing during the procedures. They have been completely understanding of what is going on with us. They are extremely knowledgeable. When I first decided to do IUI's I thought it would be the doctor doing them. But when I found out it was the nurses I was a little hesitant because I didn't know what the norm was in a large clinic. After my first experience with the nurse performing my IUI I no longer was unsure. They have been so professional and competent and great cheerleaders every time.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
A weakness of my clinic is the size. The office has a lot of patients and it is difficult to get consultation appointments with the RE's. The clinic has great clerical staff. They learn your names, they greet you with friendly hellos even at 6:30 am and they always wish me good luck whenever i have scheduled an IUI. The clinic is very efficient during morning monitoring times. Unless, there is a significant amount of people (i.e. after a holiday weekend) I am almost always in and out of there in 30 minutes.
Our insurance did not cover any procedures. It is $709 per IUI. My Ovidrel injections cost $92. We paid co-pays per our insurance for all other appointments.
What specific things went wrong at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
During the process of my first IUI the doctor reading my mid-cycle ultrasound and bloodwork told me I had likely ovulated already and potentially missed the chance to do the IUI. This was NOT my doctor. This was a doctor different from Dr. Jain. When we finally spoke with Dr. Jain corrected that doctor and told me I had not ovulated and we had not missed our chance for the IUI. Again, the issue was with another doctor in the clinic and also not Dr. Jain. This was unfortunately the doctor who told me I had miscarried. At that time, I did not feel like she had given us a lot of compassion or had a lot of emotion for what we were going through.

2020, Unknown Success
The location [Northwestern Medicine] is awesome yet private. You will be tended to in a very professional manner. They will tend to your situation if one arises such as rescheduling and being a little late due to traffic or anything else. They are passionate about what they do and it shows. ... [Nursing staff] Many strengths, for the start you can tell they are well in tune with their work. They embody what a team is and help each other out. They are welcoming to every patient that walks in and provide information and explain everything.
How was your experience with Christina E. Boots at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Boots was welcoming from the first appointment and very comfortable, I didn't feel rushed in my decision like my two previous doctors, she was very compassionate and made my husband feel included also. My husband has mentioned that he feels very happy with her and feels like we can come out with a baby of our own at the end of our journey. Dr. Boots suggest numerous options and explained every single step and recommended us for grants and she also is great at following up. For a military family always getting stationed in different places, I highly recommend Dr. Boots so far throughout our journey. I'll even go as far as after we have our child and in a few year if we are stationed somewhere else, we will come back to her as she is the most efficient and professional doctor we had so far.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christina E. Boots at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
I would tell my friends or anybody looking to start a family with help that you will feel welcomed and don't worry about being rushed with your appointment like most doctors will. She will explain everything even draw out diagrams to help further explain various examples and/or situations. She looks at all angles and will assist you in coming up with a plan. As a military family, we appreciate her so much as our schedule is never routine. She will work around your schedule.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christina E. Boots at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
She took her time in explaining the process and tests that we would have to do. Dr. Boots was very compassionate and heard and answered every question we had. She didn't rush us and took her time.
Describe the protocols Christina E. Boots used in your cycles at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Dr. Boots first went through our situation, took time to understand our story, as we seen clinics in Guam and San Diego with no success, then she explained and present diagrams of all options, after getting an HSG test and a sonohysterogram, I was diagnosed with tube blockage and will have surgery to get my tube removed and with that Dr. Boots explained IVF will be one of the only options left. So she explained the procedure and set us up with a financial counselor to explain the process. Within, our first two visits we had a game plan with the route we were going to go without the financial plan yet. We are still waiting on the results.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Many strengths, for the start you can tell they are well in tune with their work. They embody what a team is and help each other out. They are welcoming to every patient that walks in and provide information and explain everything. All of the staff will greet you and care to you and they even remember specifics as in family members, for example, I just adopted my sister-in-law while in Guam before I transferred to my new duty station and the fact they remember and asked how she is doing is awesome and makes us feel welcomed. They always thank my husband for his service in the military and he appreciates that as well.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
The location is awesome yet private. You will be tended to in a very professional manner. They will tend to your situation if one arises such as rescheduling and being a little late due to traffic or anything else. They are passionate about what they do and it shows. I am sure they deal with some difficult patients at one time or another yet you can tell their cohesiveness helps them function as one.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christina E. Boots at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Since we are in the military, Tricare allows us to see her and get certain services completed but does not cover IVF or IUI so she recommended various grants and yet the visits, bloodwork, and other procedures were covered by insurance.
Describe Christina E. Boots's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Boots explained the cost and differences between the single and multiple embryo process. She went step by step and explained the different processes.

2018 - 2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Bernardi never rushed our appointments, answered all of our questions, and delivered honest information in a kind and supportive manner. ... She was happy to try new things and was willing to work with my Reproductive Immunologist. ... She is empathetic, quick to respond to emails, and has a very caring demeanor. (We love her!) ...
NW [Northwestern Medicine] does have an onsite financial advisor who is extremely helpful when dealing with insurance and payment. ... The weekend staff for monitoring is outsourced which means many have no idea who you are nor, do they seem to care. I have left in tears many times from weekend monitoring appointments. During the week, the staff is amazing though and the women at the front desk are some of the most marvelous people you could ever meet!
How was your experience with Lia Bernardi at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Bernardi made us feel instantly at ease. She explained things thoroughly and answered our millions of questions with kindness and expertise. She was happy to try new things and was willing to work with my Reproductive Immunologist.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lia Bernardi at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Do your research and be your own advocate. If you have multiple losses, seek out a reputable Reproductive Immunologist to work with Dr. Bernardi. If you have unexplained infertility, insist upon the ReceptivaDX to test for the biomarker for endometriosis.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lia Bernardi at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Bernardi never rushed our appointments, answered all of our questions, and delivered honest information in a kind and supportive manner. She is empathetic, quick to respond to emails, and has a very caring demeanor. (We love her!)
Describe the protocols Lia Bernardi used in your cycles at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Dr. Bernardi did every test (except for ones related to immunology). Based on my AMH, it was determined that have diminished ovarian reserve. Therefore she did not want to over suppress my ovaries. My standard treatment for medicated cycles was: 350 Gonal F Trigger: 250 Ovidrel When that didn't produce more than 2 follicles, we tried Menopur and Estrogen priming but got poorer results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Dana)
Dana our Nurse is like family! She is there for us at any time and we really feel that she is rooting for us. She is so quick to get back to us and is so compassionate and understanding.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Northwestern is a very large clinic so expect a cattle call kind of office. Sometimes there is standing room only in the waiting area. The weekend staff for monitoring is outsourced which means many have no idea who you are nor, do they seem to care. I have left in tears many times from weekend monitoring appointments. During the week, the staff is amazing though and the women at the front desk are some of the most marvelous people you could ever meet!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lia Bernardi at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Thankfully, our insurance covered everything except the ReceptivaDX test. NW does have an onsite financial advisor who is extremely helpful when dealing with insurance and payment.
Chicago

The Northwestern Medicine Fertility and Reproductive Medicine Clinic is great! They are knowledgeable, kind, patient, and provide hope. They have made this process less scary and eased our anxiety along the way. One drawback would be the wait time for scheduling appointments with your doctor. ... The monitoring appointments were convenient and occurred before work hours. The process was efficient and smoothly ran.
How was your experience with Kara Goldman at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Goldman has been amazing during our infertility journey. We met her for a consultation the day after my 40th birthday. She has been informative, comforting, and encouraging. She has been thorough in presenting us with all our options, making sure we understand next steps and available to answer questions that arise along the way. Most recently after our stimulation process did not produce the results we were hoping for, she scheduled a telehealth appointment (due to COVID-19) to check-in with us to ensure we were okay. She gives us hope that they process will eventually work!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kara Goldman at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Any prospective patient would be in great hands with Dr. Goldman. I would recommend scheduling in advance as she is often booked.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kara Goldman at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Goldman took the time to explain our options (IUI, IVF) and answered our many questions during our consultation and subsequent appointments. She has been comforting while providing us with realistic and sensitive information. She has been able to ease our anxieties during this whole process and has given us hope for a child(ren).
Describe the protocols Kara Goldman used in your cycles at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We completed two IUI cycles. I was prescribed Clomid for 5 days and then an Ovidrel injection. Neither IUI cycle resulted in pregnancy. We have gone through one round of egg stimulation and retrieval thus far. We have not been able to do another cycle of stimulation nor transfer due to the COVID 19 emergency. Due to my age, I was prescribed high doses of stimulation medications to retrieve as many eggs as possible. ( Gonal F 300 units/day; Menopur 150 units/day; Ganirelix 250 mg; Ovidrel 250 mg as the trigger shot). The egg stimulation resulted in 12 eggs retrieved. 10 of the eggs fertilized and we had 4 embryos created. Due to my age, genetic testing was recommended. After the genetic testing was complete, we have 1 healthy embryo for eventual transfer.
The nursing staff are warm, compassionate, and uplifting. They have been responsive to any and all questions presented to them.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kara Goldman at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
My insurance coverage for fertility medications is a $10,000 lifetime allotment and 10% out of pocket copay. I went through this allotment very fast and the copay amount was pretty high. The Northwestern Medicine Specialty Pharmacy was willing to work with me and my insurance to maximize the most insurance coverage and less the out of pocket expense. The clinic has a $2,095 payment for embryo storage that is due before the stimulation process can begin. We spent just over $3500 for medication copays, medications, and genetic testing. Thus in total our out of pocket cost for the egg stimulation/retrieval is over $5,600. We will have to pay out of pocket for any further medication associated with the embryo transfer and if we would like to pursue another round of egg stimulation/retrieval. Unfortunately, we were informed that there is no financial assistance available for us during this process through Northwester Medicine nor EMD Serrano as we do not qualify financially :(
Describe Kara Goldman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Goldman recommended a single embryo transfer to ensure the likelihood of a successful, healthy pregnancy.
Kara Goldman
Chicago

[Dr. Helen Kim is] very willing to answer questions, so ask all the questions you have...Compassionate, knowledgeable, experienced. Able to assess situation and offer course of action, adapt it as needed, and offer recommended courses of action...since we were doing genetic testing and freezing [she] suggested eSET...We did multiple rounds of IVF. The dosages of the shots, and supplements were adjusted during various cycles
[Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine is] Very organized, well-run, clean, meticulous attention to detail. Have 1 location in downtown Chicago and 2 suburban locations in the north and northwest suburbs. Made life easier to have flexibility regarding locations for monitoring...nurses help you through the process with compassion and care...reception staff remember your name and chat with you when you arrive for your appointment...Through the use of Northwestern’s medical app they have a very short response time to all kinds of questions
How was your experience with Helen Kim at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Compassionate, knowledgeable, experienced. Able to assess situation and offer course of action, adapt it as needed, and offer recommended courses of action. She was recommended by multiple friends from different circles, all of whom also happen to be in the medical field. Highly recommend Dr. Kim and her team.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Helen Kim at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
She’s very willing to answer questions, so ask all the questions you have. If you have exhausted your questions ask what else she thinks you should know.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Helen Kim at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Kim, her colleagues, nurses and staff have been wonderful. They go out of their way to be kind and compassionate while providing medical care. They tailor your care to your specific needs. They provide information and keep you up to date. Through the use of Northwestern’s medical app they have a very short response time to all kinds of questions.
Describe the protocols Helen Kim used in your cycles at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Wish I could be more specific but it all blurs together. We did multiple rounds of IVF. The dosages of the shots, and supplements were adjusted during various cycles. We also did genetic testing. We’re still in the process but so far highly recommend them.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jessica )
As I said earlier, amazing, compassionate, caring kind. It’s the little things along the way that make a difference, like how delicate the needle pokes are for your blood test, or how gentle the ultrasound technician is during your test, the way nurses help you through the process with compassion and care, or how the reception staff remember your name and chat with you when you arrive for your appointment. We could not have chosen a better team. Thank you all!
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Very organized, well-run, clean, meticulous attention to detail. Have 1 location in downtown Chicago and 2 suburban locations in the north and northwest suburbs. Made life easier to have flexibility regarding locations for monitoring. Again, highly recommend.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Helen Kim at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
This will be case specific based on someone’s insurance coverage, so for this one contact the clinic and ask their finance counselors to check your insurance coverage and let you know your specifics.
Describe Helen Kim's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
This will be patient and situation specific, but in our situation, especially since we were doing genetic testing and freezing Dr. Kim suggested eSET.
Chicago

Krista and Dana are Dr. Jain's nurses [at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine] and they are simply the best. Like most fertility clinics, your primary communication is with the nurses. Whenever i had a question and sent them a message on my chart, within seconds, I had a detailed response from both of them. Dr. Jain is very popular and when I needed to get in last minute to do another round of IVF, Dana and Krista worked their magic to get me in. When I was waiting for my 3rd round of beta results, Dana messaged me on my chart as soon as she got in. They are simply the best.
Dr. Jain gave the biggest gift he could possibly give us, our miracle baby boy. I was getting treatment at FCI prior to seeing Dr. Jain and I felt like I was just treated like a number and not a person. When I started seeing Dr. Jain in January 2020 after a recommendation by my sister n law who was in her 40s and had a very successful 1st cycle of IVF by Dr. Jain, I was blown away at the difference in care with him. Dr. Jain has the best amazing bedside manner. He is a good listener and is very compassionate. You can tell that he is rooting for you. He makes you feel like you are his only patient. Anytime I had questions, it was always very easy to set up a consultation with him. I felt very involved in my care and he was very receptive to my ideas as well. He would change my protocol as needed with each round. I already knew that we have a male factor issue and a poor egg quality issue and even with the odds against us, he made my dream come true. We are having our baby boy in July 2021 and it is all because of Dr. Jain. You would be foolish to look elsewhere. I have recommended him to some of my co-workers and they now pregnant too. Look no further than Dr. Jain for your fertility needs. He is a miracle worker.
nothing, please stay exactly the same. I can't wait to start my next round of IVF with him in January 2022.
micro dose lupron protocol with follistim is the protocol that got me pregnant
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: dana and krista )
Krista and Dana are Dr. Jain's nurses and they are simply the best. Like most fertility clinics, your primary communication is with the nurses. Whenever i had a question and sent them a message on my chart, within seconds, I had a detailed response from both of them. Dr. Jain is very popular and when I needed to get in last minute to do another round of IVF, Dana and Krista worked their magic to get me in. When I was waiting for my 3rd round of beta results, Dana messaged me on my chart as soon as she got in. They are simply the best.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
This is hands down the best fertility clinic in the chicagoland area. Look no further than Dr. Jain at northwestern fertility. The hospital is so clean and nice. The IVF egg retrieval and transfer procedures are done downtown and you have a beautiful view of downtown Chicago. All the rooms are so clean and spacious.
not sure, insurance covered everything
Oakbrook Terrace

My husband and I are people that like to just get to the point, Dr. Robins was always incredibly informative and was to the point without seeming like he was insensitive to our situation. He had confidence in what he was doing that gave us peace of mind. ... I am in the medical field, and he never spoke to me like I didn't understand what was going on. He never made us feel like he was in a rush (even if he was). He answered every single question with us that we had and always takes his time to make sure we felt prepared for the next steps.
They [Northwestern Medicine] are highly organized, clean, and prompt. You can always get a hold of someone during office hours, and if they are tied up, they are prompt in a response to you. I can't think of any weaknesses at this time. ... They [nurses] are the ones that help me coordinate medication, do the day to day communication on treatment plans. They are prompt in their responses and always helpful.
How was your experience with Jared Robins at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jared Robins at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Trust the process, knowing that you are in good hands.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jared Robins at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Jared Robins used in your cycles at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We have only had a plethora of testing done at this point, we have not yet moved forward with IVF cycles at this point.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Christine)
They are the ones that help me coordinate medication, do the day to day communication on treatment plans. They are prompt in their responses and always helpful.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
They are highly organized, clean, and prompt. You can always get a hold of someone during office hours, and if they are tied up, they are prompt in a response to you. I can't think of any weaknesses at this time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jared Robins at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
All I can remember is IVF is approximately 10,000 out of pocket- not including medications.
Describe Jared Robins's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
He firmly believes in only transferring one embryo to avoid complications.
2020, Unknown Success
I think that Dr. Pavone so far has been professional and came with a good plan. The waiting for appointments were short and easily we got our tests back within few days. ... I think that Dr. Pavone was professional and after consultation with our current situation she came with a good plan. We are eager to start the process of IUI or IVF after Clovis-19 is over.
Quick appointments [at Northwestern Med] for test and results. Very clean and organized. Felt a warm environment. Weakness is that they didn’t communicate to us the results of my husband the second time and we had to call to find out that the results were out ... The waiting for appointments were short and easily we got our tests back within few days. The nurses are good as well.
How was your experience with Mary Ellen Pavone at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
I think that Dr. Pavone so far has been professional and came with a good plan. The waiting for appointments were short and easily we got our tests back within few days. The nurses are good as well. We still didn’t start our fertility treatment due to Covid. The tests so far were done in a proper manner.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mary Ellen Pavone at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Ask as many questions and do search at home to what to expect
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mary Ellen Pavone at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Mary Ellen Pavone used in your cycles at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We have been prescribed some vitamins for my hubby to increase his sperm motility and concentration. Meanwhile I have been prescribed clomid and a shot when I will start the IUI process
The nurses are very helpful and friendly
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Quick appointments for test and results. Very clean and organized. Felt a warm environment. Weakness is that they didn’t communicate to us the results of my husband the second time and we had to call to find out that the results were out
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mary Ellen Pavone at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Around 1k after our insurance
They did not communicate to us that the results of my husband were out and they weren’t out on the app as well
Mary Ellen Pavone
Chicago
Every appointment with Dr. Boots was very informative. She has a calming nature to her that helped us feel comfortable when she diagnosed me. She likes to draw pictures to help explain the diagnosis as well as the treatment options...[she has] a policy to prefer single embryo transfer depending on the situation...She is very knowledgeable and caring
The nursing staff [of Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine] is very informative and quick to respond to calls and messages...I’m the world of fertility clinics it is hard to not just feel like a number but I feel this clinic does a good job individualizing each patients care. It’s a busy practice and the system they have in place for morning monitoring and procedures is very thorough
She is very knowledgeable and caring . Every appointment with Dr. Boots was very informative. She has a calming nature to her that helped us feel comfortable when she diagnosed me. She likes to draw pictures to help explain the diagnosis as well as the treatment options. I always left appointments with her feeling very hopeful.
Dr boots it’s very kind and takes time to explain every step and treatment options
The treatments and protocols are very straightforward and all researched based
The nursing staff is very informative and quick to respond to calls and messages.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
The high cost has nothing to do with the clinic but the lack of insurance coverage.
The doctor and clinic together have a policy to prefer single embryo transfer depending on the situation

Investor
Dr. Jain listened to our concerns from our previous two IVF cycles and adjusted our protocol to help achieve our desired results (i.e. no OHSS) for our third cycle.... After my second retrieval, in which they harvested 29 eggs, my husband and I told Dr. Jain that we didn’t want to go that route again. Dr. Jain said that more eggs out better but felt for us and did what he could so that I wouldn’t produce an over abundance of eggs.
I would definitely recommend the Northwestern Fertility Clinic. Given that they’re part of the Northwestern network of hospitals, it gives me faith that I am working with top notch care givers in a top notch institution. The appointments are usually very well run and efficient. The only drawback is that since they’re such a large clinic, there is little room for flexibility. If you are unable to make it to a monitoring appointment betweem the ascribed times, you will have to wait until the next day.
We were initially introduced to Dr. Jain during our third embryo transfer. He was kind and careful during that procedure. I ended up becoming pregnant but lost the baby nine weeks later. As an aside, it turns out that the baby had a severe case of down syndrome. In between the embryo transfer and our miscarriage, our doctor had retired and it was recommended that we meet with Dr. Jain for our follow-up appointment. Despite being a large clinic, Dr. Jain remembered performing our embryo transfer and gave his condolences several times given that we lost the baby from that transfer. We decided to move forward with Dr. Jain for our third, and hopefully last, IVF cycle. We just had our egg retrieval two day’s ago, but so far Dr. Jain has been extremely sympathetic to our situation, needs and wishes and has done whatever was in his ability to set us up for a good outcome. Most importantly, he listens to what we have to say.
I would tell a perspective patient that they most likely won’t see Dr. Jain often but know that he is working behind the scenes and will monitor your case and implement your wishes however he can. So please speak up. Dr. Jain is there to listen and craft a plan with your assistance.
I am prone to OHSS. After my second retrieval, in which they harvested 29 eggs, my husband and I told Dr. Jain that we didn’t want to go that route again. Dr. Jain said that more eggs out better but felt for us and did what he could so that I wouldn’t produce an over abundance of eggs. He put me on 75 units of Menopur and 125 units of Follistim. After five days, he reduced my Follistim dose to 100 units and we discontinued my stims after 8 days. The doctor who performed my egg retrieval, Dr. Boots, ended up getting 16 eggs of which 11 fertilized. We are much happier with this modest amount.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Dana M. Sullivan, RN)
My primary nurse, Dana Sullivan, RN, could not be a better caregiver. I have work with three different REs (the first two retired) and she has been my one constant. Dana is kind and companionate and the one that I’ve talked to when I had a positive beta and a negative beta. She also sought me out at the clinic after my miscarriage to give her condolences. She is great at what she does.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic down monitoring within a two hour window each morning during the early hours (6:45 to 7:45, I believe). While this doesn’t always jive with our schedule, especially with a little one at home that needs to be dropped off at daycare, once we get to the clinic, monitoring appointments usually run very smoothly. I am usually in and out within twenty minutes.
We are lucky in that our insurance covers the procedures related to IVF. We only have to pay for medications and genetic testing. That being said, we asked Dr. Jain to send in the request for medications in December even though we weren’t doing IVF until February because we had already spent our deductible in 2018 and the medications would be free (we’ll take our small wins where we can). Dr. Jain complied but failed to order enough Follistim to cover a minimum of 8 days. What we had only covered 7 days. We had to purchase more Follistim in February because we were 75 units short and it cost us $1.5k. We will also have to pay for genetic testing, which will likely cost around $5k.
The fertility clinic as a whole has a very strict one embryo transfer policy. I’m not sure what circumstances would make the doctors change this protocol. Perhaps if the patient is over 40 and did not test their embryos they would be more willing to transfer more than one.
I have had the clinic fail to order the right dose of stim medications causing me to spend an addition $1.5k for just a one day dose (100 units) of Follistim. The clinic has also failed on more than one occasion to refill my Synthroid prescription despite my requests and they have sent the prescription to the wrong pharmacy. That being said, these are minor errors in the grand scheme of things. They have never made a critical error.

2019, 14 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Eve Feinberg] personally called me or sent mychart messages every step of the way...is so good at explaining the process and what to expect. She did not make me feel silly for wanting to freeze my eggs at 25 for social reasons where many doctors might. She helped keep my mental and physical status intact during the process...is not only a professional, but she made me feel at peace during my process
nurses Kelsey and Rachel, Dr Angela Lawson, and the front desk staff [at Northwestern Medicine] were all wonderful and supportive. Everyone was so kind...When I had questions, no one ever made me feel dumb and took the time to explain what was happening...I enjoyed their IVF bootcamp and meeting with the psychologist to review the mental effects that IVF and egg freezing would have on me...Clean space, top floor of one of the newer buildings.
How was your experience with Eve Feinberg at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Feinberg is so good at explaining the process and what to expect. She did not make me feel silly for wanting to freeze my eggs at 25 for social reasons where many doctors might. She helped keep my mental and physical status intact during the process
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eve Feinberg at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
You will be in great hands!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eve Feinberg at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Eve Feinberg is not only a professional, but she made me feel at peace during my process. I cannot remember all of the names of those who touched my care, but nurses Kelsey and Rachel, Dr Angela Lawson, and the front desk staff were all wonderful and supportive. Everyone was so kind. Dr. Feinberg personally called me or sent mychart messages every step of the way. When I had questions, no one ever made me feel dumb and took the time to explain what was happening.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Rachel and Kelsey and Dr. Lawson, Dr Pavon)
Very kind and communicative daily about next steps
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Clean space, top floor of one of the newer buildings. Amazing view of the city and an environment that put you at ease through very nerve wrecking appointments. Free coffee and snakcks Very friendly receptionists. I enjoyed their IVF bootcamp and meeting with the psychologist to review the mental effects that IVF and egg freezing would have on me. The nurses were kind and explained every step and would always call me back quickly if I had a medication question. My Egg freezing went very smoothly and I had excellent and things went exactly as my primary doctor and nurses said that it would.
First come first serve. If you got there super early it was in and out and a little longer but after a few visits I knew what to expect!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eve Feinberg at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
$5800 out of pocket for fees and meds that my insurance did not cover
Chicago

Dr. Kim was honest and candid about our options. She explained the results of our infertility evaluation in detail. When IUI did not work and we decided to go forward with IVF, she spent a large amount of time answering all our questions and reviewing the steps, risks in detail. ... The only thing that made me unsettled (and perhaps this is a reflection of my current stress/anxiety as we are still undergoing fertility treatment) is that I felt that we should have discussed IVF as a more serious option earlier when I had a better chance of success (I.e. was younger). Even though it was a span of a year, I felt that my chances of fertility success declined over that period based on my repeat testing/evaluations and that doing IUI first was a waste of time.
Some of the US techs [At Northwestern Medicine] are more detail-oriented than others. Monitoring hours are early in AM which is helpful. There is still quite a wait for getting procedures done even if you show up on time--my IUIs typically went an actual 2 hours later than the set appointment time (even if you take into account the 45 minute sperm processing time).
Dr. Kim was honest and candid about our options. She explained the results of our infertility evaluation in detail. When IUI did not work and we decided to go forward with IVF, she spent a large amount of time answering all our questions and reviewing the steps, risks in detail. She was very knowledgeable, drawing from medical literature/data, and transparent about our options and chances. The only thing that made me unsettled (and perhaps this is a reflection of my current stress/anxiety as we are still undergoing fertility treatment) is that I felt that we should have discussed IVF as a more serious option earlier when I had a better chance of success (I.e. was younger). Even though it was a span of a year, I felt that my chances of fertility success declined over that period based on my repeat testing/evaluations and that doing IUI first was a waste of time.
Don't be afraid to voice your concerns and opinions up front.
Dr. Kim candidly talked me through options, even when those changed given my results from various treatments. She looked through my testing and explained the various options in detail.
For my IUIs, we used 100 mg of Clomid for 5 days, triggered with Ovidrel. I did produce 2 follicles each time. For my first IVF cycle, we started with Follistim at 300 mg and Menopur at 75 units for 3 days which is the standard start IVF regimen for the clinic from what I understand. I was then increased to Menopur 150 units along with the same dose of Follistim for 5 days. Despite the increase, my cycle ended up getting converted to IUI because of poor response (only 2 follicles).
Excellent nurses all around. Responsive to messages, detailed, helpful. Some had more difficulty with my IUI than others, but they sought out help.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Clinic is a beautiful space, comfortable, efficient. Some of the US techs are more detail-oriented than others. Monitoring hours are early in AM which is helpful. There is still quite a wait for getting procedures done even if you show up on time--my IUIs typically went an actual 2 hours later than the set appointment time (even if you take into account the 45 minute sperm processing time).
I have fertility benefits which covered my IUIs and medications thus far. I do have a copay for labs, US, office visits which have equaled out to about $500-$800 thus far.
We have yet to make it to transfer. But our plan is for PGS testing and transfer of 1 embryo.
Chicago

I sought RE treatment as I am trying to become pregnant without the involvement of a male partner, by using donor sperm. ... Dr. Jain is very personable. I felt comfortable meeting him and enjoyed our discussions. He seemed to understand my goals and was very open to helping me as a single mother by choice. ... He is open to trying different medications if you have concerns about any he recommends.
My only real complaint is that they [Northwestern Medicine] continue to send my prescription to the wrong pharmacy, even though I have asked for them to update their records 3 times. Other than that, the check in staff, lab staff, and financial coordinators are all very friendly. ... All 3 of my IUIs have been performed by the nursing staff. They have handled them professionally and with my comfort in mind.
Dr. Jain is very personable. I felt comfortable meeting him and enjoyed our discussions. He seemed to understand my goals and was very open to helping me as a single mother by choice. I was a bit disappointed that he did not seem to review the very lengthy intake paperwork I had to complete before my first appointment. Not sure why patients are made to complete it if it will not be reviewed by their doctor.
Make sure you know your goals and what you would like your treatment to look like. He is open to trying different medications if you have concerns about any he recommends. Be prepared with questions as he does not volunteer much information unless you bring it up.
I had two appointments with Dr. Jain, my initial consultation and a follow up to set my treatment plan based on test results. My in person meetings with Dr. Jain have been great. He is very personable. Since my 2nd visit, I have only had contact with the nursing staff and have not had any communication with Dr. Jain. I assume I could request appointments with him, but since I am paying out of pocket for my treatment and each visit with him is $400+, I am content to give a few more IUIs a try before discussing next steps.
I have no known fertility problems, other than those common for a women in her mid 30s. I sought RE treatment as I am trying to become pregnant without the involvement of a male partner, by using donor sperm. He recommended medicated IUIs (low doses of Clomid/Letrozole at same time and Ovidrel trigger shot to time the IUI better). I asked to skip the Clomid initially due to my concerns about the side effects, but we did add it back into my treatment plan for IUI #3. My first two IUIs resulted in negative pregnancy tests and I am currently in the TWW for IUI #3. I was a bit disappointed to find out he had me trigger with my first IUI when my follicle was quite small still (18mm) and my lining was very thin as it felt like we probably had the timing off for that one. Since then, I've been more proactive in my care and have pushed back when I felt the timing wasn't right.
I've worked with several different nurses on Dr. Jain's team. Some have been great, taking time to get to know the details of why I am seeking treatment and being very responsive to any questions I had (all questions are communicated through MyChart messaging system). One of the nurses was much slower to respond (it seemed like she would wait until the end of the day to review/respond to messages) or would forget to upload my labs to the patient portal unless I sent a request for the results. She also always included language about my partner in her communications, even though she would know I was seeking treatment on my own if she took the time to review my records. All 3 of my IUIs have been performed by the nursing staff. They have handled them professionally and with my comfort in mind.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
My only real complaint is that they continue to send my prescription to the wrong pharmacy, even though I have asked for them to update their records 3 times. Other than that, the check in staff, lab staff, and financial coordinators are all very friendly. The clinic space is very nice, with views out to Lake Michigan and beverages and snacks available, if needed. They have a main waiting area and a smaller waiting area for those who are having procedures that day. The smaller waiting area can be a bit cramped and could do with some additional seating. I also think it is kind of odd that the embryology lab never shows me the donor sperm vials. I write down the number of the donor on a form when I arrive and then just have to trust that that is the vial they are thawing. I would feel more comfortable if I saw the actual vial at the time they being the thaw.
The clinic costs for each IUI were about $1,200 each cycle ($315/monitoring visit x 2 visits, $584 for each IUI). Medications were an additional $120 per visit, with the Ovidrel shot being available for $92 at the hospital pharmacy. My insurance did not cover any of the costs.
Chicago

Dr. Bernardi was very warm and very thorough during her consultation. ... It was determined that I had signs and symptoms of PCOS after an hour long consultation, labs and ultrasound. We proceeded to do genetic testing and an HSG to check if I had any blockages in my tubes. Dr. Bernardi is compassionate and knowledgeable. ... I feel like she is a partner in our journey.
Northwestern Fertility and Reproductive Medicine have provided me with a good experience. I feel like I am in the best of care at this clinic. ... My nursing staff is highly responsive and helpful whenever i Have a question. ... Early morning monitoring sessions seem like a well oiled machine, from the check in staff to phlebotomist and ultrasound technicians. Everyone is warm and friendly throughout the process.
Dr. Bernardi is compassionate and knowledgeable. She made my husband and I feel very at ease during each of our meetings and explained things in terms that we could both understand. I feel like she is a partner in our journey.
Do your research before seeking consultation so you can have an educated conversation with the doctor. She does a good thing of explaining things, but you'll be in a better position to understand them and grapple with any emotional what ifs prior to the meeting if you are your own advocate. She will help you along the way.
Dr. Bernardi was very warm and very thorough during her consultation. We did labs that day and an ultrasound that confirmed her suspicion that I have PCOS. She gave me a good understanding that we would have to do some preliminary tests before we started a treatment course. The doctor was present in my HSG and lent words of affirmation via mychart during monitored cycles with timed intercourse. I am still in this method of treatment and may advance to IUI if we don't have luck this month. She is approachable and hopeful in her approach. I would highly recommend Dr. Bernardi.
It was determined that I had signs and symptoms of PCOS after an hour long consultation, labs and ultrasound. We proceeded to do genetic testing and an HSG to check if I had any blockages in my tubes. I had no issues with that so the suggested method of treatment was to recruit follicles with Femara and trigger with Ovidrel while doing monitored cycles. I am currently on my third month in a two week wait. This protocol is managed by a nurse through the mychart system to set up early morning monitoring appointments.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Alexa)
My nursing staff is highly responsive and helpful whenever i Have a question.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Northwestern Fertility and Reproductive Medicine have provided me with a good experience. I feel like I am in the best of care at this clinic. Early morning monitoring sessions seem like a well oiled machine, from the check in staff to phlebotomist and ultrasound technicians. Everyone is warm and friendly throughout the process. It could seem to one, that it's a baby factory due to the location in downtown Chicago - they are very busy - but they are what I believe to be, the best.
After insurance, I have minimal costs for my monitored cycles with letrozole and ovirdrel. However, if I decide to do an IUI, that would be approximately $720 out of pocket for the procedure itself. IVF is uncovered by my insurance and costs $10,000 per round made by check.
Describe Lia Bernardi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Not Applicable to me
Chicago

I did not see Dr Jain too often, just twice. Once for initial fertility consult when be advised us his plan for IUI before IVF. We met again for an IVF consultation.i thought he was quite thorough and provided hope for our case ... We started with provera to induce a period as I have anonvary (spelling?) Cycles. ... I have not started IVF yet but Dr Jain informed me of the risk of OHSS
Good online portal [at Northwestern Medicine] for payment and communication. It would be nice if we could have me,my partner on the same communication threads but it is only set up for one patient and the nurse or doctor. It is quite popular so there could be a wait. Getting an appt can take a while. Parking rates add up when you have to go to the clinic several times a month
Most likely will be interacting with the nurses more
The receptionist, nurses, and Dr Jain knew my name and were friendly. They took their time to answer all my questions
We started with provera to induce a period as I have anonvary (spelling?) Cycles. Once my cycle started I would come in for a baseline ultrasound to check if there were any cysts or abnormalities. If all was cleared, I would take clomid for 5 days and come back for a mid cycle ultrasound to get blood work done. If estrogen levels and follicle size were mature, I would be instructed to do an ovidrel shot before coming into doing an IUI cycle. I have not started IVF yet but Dr Jain informed me of the risk of OHSS
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: alexa)
I saw multiple nurses for baseline ultrasound, mid cycle ultrasound, blood draws, and IUI procedures, however, nurse Alexa was the main communicator. I did not encounter anyone I felt uncomfortable with.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Good online portal for payment and communication. It would be nice if we could have me,my partner on the same communication threads but it is only set up for one patient and the nurse or doctor. It is quite popular so there could be a wait. Getting an appt can take a while. Parking rates add up when you have to go to the clinic several times a month.
With insurance, each IUI cycle was about $600. Ovidrel injection is $92 each x 5 attempts. IVF meds were $2,000 after insurance. The IVF procedure would cost about $5,000.
None
Chicago

I've met with Dr. Kim (only 3 times, I mostly deal with her nurses), she's had to refresh her memory on my case in front of me. I know she sees a lot of people, but it would be nice if she did that before coming in the room to see me. ... Dr. Kim is very no nonsense. She's doesn't come off as the most compassionate person, but she knows her stuff. She's very black and white. I appreciate it because I don't need someone to sugar coat things, but other people may not appreciate her abrupt style.
As someone with an office job, I appreciated the early monitoring hours for ultrasounds and blood work. And they [Northwestern Medicine] really get you in and out as quickly as possible. ... The receptionists are always really friendly. ... They are very upfront on all the costs when you meet with the financial consultant. ... The nurses are GREAT!
She's going to tell you like it is, whether you want to hear it or not.
Northwestern in general sees a lot of patients, so it feel like a lot of the time you're one of many. But each time I've met with Dr. Kim (only 3 times, I mostly deal with her nurses), she's had to refresh her memory on my case in front of me. I know she sees a lot of people, but it would be nice if she did that before coming in the room to see me.
I've done 2 IUIs with Dr. Kim. Both were 100 mg of Clomid with monitoring and Ovidrel trigger shot. My insurance doesn't cover fertility treatment, and since I'm older, with unexplained fertility, she advised 2 IUIs before moving on to IVF. I've only had the consult for IVF with her to date.
The nurses are GREAT! They are the ones you communicate with the most, so they are really responsive and easy to talk to and very understanding.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Northwestern sees a lot of patients. A lot of people will mention the "cattle call" feel of it. I didn't feel that way. As someone with an office job, I appreciated the early monitoring hours for ultrasounds and blood work. And they really get you in and out as quickly as possible. The waits aren't long at all, even on the weekends. And that they do that 7 days a week. The receptionists are always really friendly. The clinic itself is good.
My insurance doesn't cover anything, so it's all out of pocket. They will bill insurance, but most is not covered. IUIs are $700. The self-pay for IVF is $10,000, which doesn't include meds and PGS testing. They are very upfront on all the costs when you meet with the financial consultant.
In my consult, she's told me about multiple transfer vs. single and has told me the risks and the odds, based on my age.
I self-pay and no one told me that I had to pay for the IUI up front. It's not an insignificant amount of money and to be told that as you're getting ready for the procedure was jarring. I wish they would be more upfront with those kinds of things. I also had lost paperwork on one monitoring ultrasound and ended up waiting a lot longer than normal. But once I spoke up, I was taken right back and told if it ever happens again in the future, to speak up sooner.
Chicago

[Dr. Christina Boots] Recommended single [embry transfer] due to my young age and no history of miscarriage. After 2 unsuccessful transfers we discussed transferring two embryos. She was very open to it but discussed potential risks with me..I had a really personal experience...I truly felt like she cared about me as an individual. She was so sweet and warm and always made me feel comfortable. At one appointment, she told me I was a patient she laid awake at night worrying about!...We always discussed the pros, cons and risks of each option and she wanted me to feel good about our decisions. I trust her completely and always felt like she was doing and recommending what she believed was best for me. We had a rough road, but are finally pregnant. We are incredibly grateful for Dr. Boots and her care. We wouldn’t be here without her!!! My experience wasn’t easy but she made it as positive as it could have been.
My primary nurses [at Northwestern Medicine] were wonderful. There were a handful of times they weren’t available and I had to communicate with other nurses who were okay but not as good as mine...Some days busier than others but that was to be expected. Most of the time it was quick...Beautiful clinic. Amazing location. Pretty efficient morning monitoring hours and convenient hours. Your doctor may not always be the one doing your procedures and it’s good to know that ahead of time. They will try, though!
Dr. Boots was so wonderful. She made me feel comfortable from the beginning. She answered all my questions, even when I came with long typed out lists. She was compassionate even when I was kist starting out and only doing the ovulation induction meds. I always felt like she cared about me, at each stage. She walked me through every step of the process every time I met with her and explained things until I felt comfortable. My body threw us a lot of curveballs and she had multiple ideas and solutions every time. We always discussed the pros, cons and risks of each option and she wanted me to feel good about our decisions. I trust her completely and always felt like she was doing and recommending what she believed was best for me. We had a rough road, but are finally pregnant. We are incredibly grateful for Dr. Boots and her care. We wouldn’t be here without her!!! My experience wasn’t easy but she made it as positive as it could have been.
Ask a lot of questions and come prepared to your appointments! Don’t be afraid to keep asking about something if you don’t understand it. Even if you read about something online or heard about it from a friend, she will help explain and never makes you feel silly for asking.
I had a really personal experience with Dr. Boots. I truly felt like she cared about me as an individual. She was so sweet and warm and always made me feel comfortable. At one appointment, she told me I was a patient she laid awake at night worrying about!
Letrozole & Clomid for timed intercourse/IUI. GonalF Menopur Ganirelix Omnitrope Estrogen Progesterone Lovenox for IVF. For frozen embryo transfers, we tried estrogen pills, then patches and then injections and on our last round we stimmed my ovaries with GonalF and Menopur to create my own estrogen and mimic a fresh cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Rachel & Alex)
My primary nurses were wonderful. There were a handful of times they weren’t available and I had to communicate with other nurses who were okay but not as good as mine.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Efficient machine, first come first serve. Some days busier than others but that was to be expected. Most of the time it was quick.
Insurance covered.
Recommended single due to my young age and no history of miscarriage. After 2 unsuccessful transfers we discussed transferring two embryos. She was very open to it but discussed potential risks with me. She supported my decision completely. We ended up going with two.
Chicago

Dr Bernardi always remembered everything about my case and was so compassionate. She would frequently call me if something came up and didn’t only rely on her nurses to share sensitive information. I always feel completely taken care of when I meet with her or talk to her and know she’s doing everything in her power to help me have a successful pregnancy.
They [Northwestern Medicine] are a well oiled machine which I personally appreciated since you have to go in so often and they are very good at keeping their wait times down for the most part. I never felt rushed when I was in the room with a doctor or nurse. Cons- your doctor doesn’t necessarily do all of your procedures. ... I had 100% insurance coverage for everything except PGS testing which ended up being about $4000 total
Make sure you get her as your doctor!
Dr Bernardi is the most caring and compassionate doctor I’ve ever had. She always takes the time to make me feel like she’s a partner in this with me and my husband.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Strength- they are at the cutting edge of all new treatments so I always feel confident in their suggestions or advice. They are a well oiled machine which I personally appreciated since you have to go in so often and they are very good at keeping their wait times down for the most part. I never felt rushed when I was in the room with a doctor or nurse. Cons- your doctor doesn’t necessarily do all of your procedures. While I absolutely love Dr Bernardi I haven’t loved the other doctors in the practice and wish she could be the one doing everything for me.
We are only doing single embryo transfers
2017 - 2019, Successful
She [Dr. Boots] did a wonderful job of explaining the process through drawings diagrams. She seemed sympathetic to the struggle we had been through and helped me clearly understand what my options were in a human way rather than using so much medical jargon that I may not have understood. She personally called when transfers didn’t work and helped me think through the next steps.
The clinic employees are always friendly and warm. The hours were helpful being that you could come in before work when it was convenient for you. The clinic separated non-pregnant patients from pregnant patients and I always appreciated that because seeing a pregnant person during my infertility struggles was difficult. ... Nurse Kelsey always called to deliver news, and even when it was bad, She was straight to the point, and she was compassionate. Kelsey always gave clear directions through my chart and quickly responded to questions.
Dr Boots was a wonderful, caring doctor. From our first visit she made us feel comfortable and made us feel heard. She used diagrams to help explain the process and answered all the questions we had. Our journey felt slow at times and not everything worked successfully, but Dr Boots was available to answer questions, always called to talk through solutions, and helped me understand next steps.
She did a wonderful job of explaining the process through drawings diagrams. She seemed sympathetic to the struggle we had been through and helped me clearly understand what my options were in a human way rather than using so much medical jargon that I may not have understood. She personally called when transfers didn’t work and helped me think through the next steps.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kelsey)
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Dr Boots would only do a single embryo transfer for my age category given that I had previously become pregnant.

2016 - 2019, Unsuccessful
Eve Feinberg is one of the most caring and realistic doctors I have ever had. She is very smart and knowledgeable and will work with you throughout your entire fertility journey.I really feel like I am an important patient, even though I know she has hundreds... Not only is she my doctor, but I have felt like she is my mentor and confidant during this emotional time of dealing with infertility. Any time there has been a medical setback, she has personally called me to check in and make sure I am doing ok and help construct a plan of action for the future.
My only complaint with this clinic [Northwestern Medicine] is the weekend ultrasound and bloodwork. Since there are so many people, it takes a long time due to only having a few ultrasound technicians and phlebotomists. I dread going there on the weekends because I know it will take a very long time.... Danielle has been an excellent nurse and very accommodating to any requests or questions I've had. She is always compassionate and smart and has been with me since the beginning.
Dr. Feinberg has been a great resource for me. Not only is she my doctor, but I have felt like she is my mentor and confidant during this emotional time of dealing with infertility. Any time there has been a medical setback, she has personally called me to check in and make sure I am doing ok and help construct a plan of action for the future.
Call as soon as you know you want to see a fertility specialist as she sometimes has a waiting list.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Danielle)
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
My only complaint with this clinic is the weekend ultrasound and bloodwork. Since there are so many people, it takes a long time due to only having a few ultrasound technicians and phlebotomists. I dread going there on the weekends because I know it will take a very long time.
Chicago

Dr Robins has all of the FACTS! He is super knowledgeable and can answer all my questions well. That's what most of our discussions were about, facts of the tests, results, and next steps. I feel confident in what he tells us. If you are looking for special, tender care, Dr Robins may not be it for you. I need facts and look at things analytically, so I think it is a good match...Go with lots of questions, research on your own too!...I have done 4 IUI with clomid and am currently in my 5th cycle with letrozole...recommend single embryo transfer if we start IVF in February...I wonder if my treatment plan is tailored to me or if it is just the process that they make all patients follow.
I have done 4 IUI with clomid and am currently in my 5th cycle with letrozole [at Northwestern Medicine]...All of the nurses at NW are very nice and caring. What I appreciate the most is there super fast responses to questions sent in the portal...They keep things on time! I never have to wait too long. The front desk staff and phone staff are always patient and very kind. There is an awesome view of the lake from the clinic, which some days is a nice stress reliever. Coffee, water, tea and snacks are available as well...I wonder if my treatment plan is tailored to me or if it is just the process that they make all patients follow.
Go with lots of questions, research on your own too!
I have done 4 IUI with clomid and am currently in my 5th cycle with letrozole
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Claire)
Dr Robins recommend single embryo transfer if we start IVF in February
2016 - 2019, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Feinberg] was very kind and considerate of our situation. She made sure that we felt as confertable as possible, answered any questions we had made herself available. ... She was encourageing and empathetic to our situation and is always telling us not to quit. We had always left feeling reassured that no matter what course of action we take, we'll eventually get a positive result. ...
The only weakness I can think of is that they [Northwestern Medicine] only perform a certain a ount of IVF's per month (quality control, I assume), which has put our "trying" on hold from December-March. Everything else at that facility is prety great though. ... nurses were incredibly responsive not only in person, but also on the patient portal. very attentive and compassionate as well. ... IUIs were about $1000 each including actual procedure, medications and blood work. Cost of single IVF is planned to be about $15,000
She was encourageing and empathetic to our situation and is always telling us not to quit. We had always left feeling reassured that no matter what course of action we take, we'll eventually get a positive result. Very considerate and was an expert on the topic.
Do as much research up-front and prepared with all of your questions when meeting with the doctor
She was very kind and considerate of our situation. She made sure that we felt as confertable as possible, answered any questions we had made herself available.
Describe the protocols Eve Feinberg used in your cycles at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
She started us out on timed intercourse, followed by 3 IUIs, followed by IVF- all cycles with Letrozole/Femara protocol.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
The only weakness I can think of is that they only perform a certain a ount of IVF's per month (quality control, I assume), which has put our "trying" on hold from December-March. Everything else at that facility is prety great though.
Chicago
She [Dr. Eve Feinberg] is wonderful and warm - she remembered us personally, our journey, and always kept our specific goals as the focus...We loved her. She is extremely skilled and communicates well. I got OHSS, and she was calm and handled it in a way that kept me from panicking. We had a wonderful experience, even though IVF was hard, and she was always available for a visit or call when I needed...Ask questions when you have them - she’ll answer them!...always felt warmly welcomed. Plus, they really run on time!...with one exception: Melissa, a nurse practitioner who often spoke before thinking or being fully aware of a situation, which led to more than one stressful situation)
Claire [nurse at Northwestern Medicine] was so wonderful, reassuring, and enthusiastic. The entire nursing staff was fantastic (with one exception: Melissa, a nurse practitioner who often spoke before thinking or being fully aware of a situation, which led to more than one stressful situation)...Melissa often didn’t seem to know what was going on and provided bad information that conflicted with what others said or conflicted with my chart relating to embryo freezing process, medications, and post-retrieval care...Organized, quiet, clean, friendly desk staff, easy scheduling, not a crazy waiting room, easy parking. The only downside of being treated in the suburbs is having to go into the city for weekend monitoring, which is a very different experience, and for retrievals themselves. But we lived our clinic and always felt warmly welcomed. Plus, they really run on time!
Ask questions when you have them - she’ll answer them!
She is wonderful and warm - she remembered us personally, our journey, and always kept our specific goals as the focus
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Claire!)
Claire was so wonderful, reassuring, and enthusiastic. The entire nursing staff was fantastic (with one exception: Melissa, a nurse practitioner who often spoke before thinking or being fully aware of a situation, which led to more than one stressful situation)
Insurance covered my care
Chicago

Doctor Jared was awesome I felt 100% comfortable with him and my treatment plans. He went over all my test results with me & my partner.he explain the treatment we would do like first I start on the clomid pill then do ultrasounds & blood draws to track my hormones. ... I felt like a human, he answered all my question & concerns ...
My nursing staff was amazing [at Northwestern Medicine], Claire the RN Nurse answered all my questions soon as possible. She explain & answered my questions about my treatment plan also testing had to do. ... They have amazing compassion towards their patients. I haven’t seen anything of their weakness. They are good on about patients treatments, & response very quickly about questions that the patients have.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions and do retest on anything that doesn’t sound right.
I felt like a human, he answered all my question & concerns
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Claire )
My nursing staff was amazing, Claire the RN Nurse answered all my questions soon as possible. She explain & answered my questions about my treatment plan also testing had to do.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
My insurance covered everything except my medications & IUI procedure so we decided to do clomid with the injection with time intercourses