660 1st Avenue
NY - Westside
109 West 27th St
212.263.8999

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
I only saw her [Dr. Elizabeth Fino] twice in 6 months - all monitoring appointments were done by nurses.... She didnt recommend testing other than hormone blood work and ultrasound and pushed me to begin medication. In retrospect she should have recommended a HSG, male factor testing, immune factor testing, Prometrium challenge, etc.... Never saw same nurse twice. Injured during ultrasound - sore for a week after. No compassion, sometimes testing done with the door open or with another attending trainee without asking for permission. Misspelled and misprounced my name. Awful experience.
It’s [NYU- 1st Ave] a cattle call. Expect to wait 2-3 hours for your monitoring appointments. Impersonal. Unless you’re ready for IVF this isn’t the place for you. I can’t think of many upsides for NYU as I had a generally terrible experience.... Never saw same nurse twice. Injured during ultrasound - sore for a week after. No compassion, sometimes testing done with the door open or with another attending trainee without asking for permission. Misspelled and misprounced my name. Awful experience.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Fino at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Elizabeth Fino at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
If you aren’t ready for IVF don’t bother.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Elizabeth Fino at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I only saw her twice in 6 months - all monitoring appointments were done by nurses.
Describe the protocols Elizabeth Fino used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
It’s a cattle call. Expect to wait 2-3 hours for your monitoring appointments. Impersonal. Unless you’re ready for IVF this isn’t the place for you. I can’t think of many upsides for NYU as I had a generally terrible experience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Elizabeth Fino at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Under $500 for consultation and basic diagnostics test.
Describe Elizabeth Fino's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Nothing went right.
Elizabeth Fino

2015, Unsuccessful
Dr. Berkeley is a fantastic physician, but NYU's program is simply awful. After a failed cycle, we were told our only hope was a donor egg cycle. It took 1 year and 4 months before we heard from the donor program. By that time, we had switched clinics...We really like Dr. Berkeley (he's knowledgeable, and has a great bedside manner) but the staff at NYU is a disaster. Before every appointment we had to check into billing before being seen. We felt as if we were treated like cattle at every appointment...
How was your experience with Alan Berkeley at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Again, Dr. Berkeley is a fantastic physician, but NYU's program is simply awful. After a failed cycle, we were told our only hope was a donor egg cycle. It took 1 year and 4 months before we heard from the donor program. By that time, we had switched clinics.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Berkeley at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shelley Lee)
Once it became clear that I would not be able to conceive on my own, we were transferred to the donor egg program. We never spoke to Autumn Arroyo, who we were told was the donor egg program coordinator. Instead, we had a meeting with a psychologist, Shelley Lee. During our mandatory meeting, Dr. Lee repeatedly mispronounced my family's country of origin. She said, given my ethnic heritage it would take at least 6 months to find a donor for me. We waited 6 months, and didn't hear from NYU's program. After waiting 8 months, I made an appointment with another fertility clinic. I finally heard from Dr. Lee 1 year and 4 months after our appointment. During that time period, I became pregnant on my own, had a miscarriage, and found another donor at much more organized and caring program. (They even found a donor who shared my Caribbean heritage.) My new team displayed a kindness, and sympathy that I didn't receive under NYU's care. 1 year and 4 months when you are desperately trying to conceive is inexcusably long. Fortunately, I found another clinic that treated me as an individual and not a case file.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
There is no question that NYU is a busy practice, but their focus is on billing patients (you check into billing before you are seen every single time you go to the office), not on patient care. The nurse didn't call in my prescriptions before my cycle. I had one physician whose name I can't remember who was counting my follicles during my first and only stim cycle. It was a disaster. While she read my ultrasound results, I asked innocently, "Is that bad?" and she answered flippantly, "Well, it's not good." As well, it took over 1 year and 4 months to hear back from the donor egg program. Although I really liked my physician, you rarely see or speak to your main physician. This is common with most fertility practices. What is not common? NYU's lack of basic patient care.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
NYU's nurses failed to call in my prescriptions, and failed to follow up with lab results. Their donor program failed to contact me for over 1 year and 4 months. The donor program also had no understanding of my ethnic heritage, and made no attempt to learn. Some of the doctors were curt and flippant. I never felt as if I were a patient. More often than not I felt as if I were an inconvenience.
Alan Berkeley

2011 - 2015, Successful
Dr Noyes was on target, predicting that she would be able to get over 20 eggs in a cycle and they retrieved 27 eggs. She was very practical and helpful in determining how to proceed when I decided to conceive. She is a good diagnostician. She is also blunt, funny and a little wacky. But if you are struggling and need a bit of hand hand holding, I am not sure Dr. Noyes is the doctor for you....She is skilled doctor and knows her stuff. But do not expect a warm and fuzzy doctor.
The nursing staff [at NYU - 1st Ave] was good and was responsive to calls...The clinicians have a lot of experience and know their stuff. But if you are looking for a place where you receive emotional support, this may not be the place for you. I did not need it as I had no issues. I froze my eggs.... I will say that Dr Noyes assistant, Jarlin, is really nice and caring... For one IFV cycle, one icsi and one implementation cost me about $22,000. In addition, I paid another $3,000 for PGS testing.
How was your experience with Nicole Noyes at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr Noyes is a competent doctor and is a good diagnostician. She was on target with her predictions. Her demeanor is not for everyone. She is blunt and some people take offense at her bluntness. I appreciated it and had no fertility issues (I froze and when I was ready I conceived) so it worked for me. But I am not sure if I were looking for hand holding that she would be the first doctor to whom I would go.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nicole Noyes at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nicole Noyes at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I was very lucky and had a successful egg cycle and transfer. Dr Noyes was on target, predicting that she would be able to get over 20 eggs in a cycle and they retrieved 27 eggs. She was very practical and helpful in determining how to proceed when I decided to conceive. She is a good diagnostician. She is also blunt, funny and a little wacky. But if you are struggling and need a bit of hand hand holding, I am not sure Dr. Noyes is the doctor for you.
Describe the protocols Nicole Noyes used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I had one cycle and folistom was the primary medicine used. My trigger shot was changed at the end to Lupron to avoid overstimulation.
The nursing staff was good and was responsive to calls.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The clinicians have a lot of experience and know their stuff. But if you are looking for a place where you receive emotional support, this may not be the place for you. I did not need it as I had no issues. I froze my eggs. I had twenty seven eggs in one cycle. When I wanted to get pregnant, I was successful on the first try. I will say that Dr Noyes assistant, Jarlin, is really nice and caring.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
You had to go in between 7-9;00 am in the morning. I suppose if I had an issue, I could have asked for a special appointment. But I did not have occasion to.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nicole Noyes at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
My exams before the egg freezing cycle and before I decided to get pregnant were covered as were my visits after I became pregnant. My medications for the freezing cycle and for pregnancy were covered. The rest was not. For one IFV cycle, one icsi and one implementation cost me about $22,000. In addition, I paid another $3,000 for PGS testing.
Describe Nicole Noyes's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I think my doctor's approach was dead on. She recommended PGS and after the results, she recommended a single embryo transfer. Given the problems, I have seen with twins, particularly with older women-I would highly recommend this approach.
I did not.
Nicole Noyes

2015, Successful
I only saw him [Dr. Frederick Licciardi] twice through the entire cycle though and had him once on the phone...He was very pessimistic about my treatment and personally called me to recommend aborting the cycle half way through because of the low number of eggs. He however did not offer any alternative, so I proceeded with the cycle and became pregnant with only two eggs retrieved.
They [nurses at NYU] were completely disorganized, abrupt and unfriendly...[monitoring appointments were] Disorganized, unfriendly...Everyone is rushed, the nurses are disorganized and not always aware of your treatment plan. You need to keep following up and remind them of details. The staff is generally cold, unfriendly and impatient. There seems to be a disconnect between doctors, nurses, coordinators.
How was your experience with Frederick Licciardi at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
He was upfront, friendly, asked questions and listened. He was very pessimistic about my treatment and personally called me to recommend aborting the cycle half way through because of the low number of eggs. He however did not offer any alternative, so I proceeded with the cycle and became pregnant with only two eggs retrieved.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Frederick Licciardi at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
He was nice and friendly. I only saw him twice through the entire cycle though and had him once on the phone.
They were completely disorganized, abrupt and unfriendly.
Disorganized, unfriendly.
Frederick Licciardi

2014, Unsuccessful
I met Dr. Berkeley at my consult when he "became" my doctor. But I never saw him again or heard from him again throughout my cycle....I thought he was professional the one (!) time I got to meet him (at my consult). I was taken aback by the fact I did not hear from him again until after my missed miscarriage/D&C at 6 weeks. My tissue from the D&C had been tested, and it was triploidy, which he explained to me over the phone.
NYU is affiliated with a teaching hospital and presumably has a commensurate lab, so that provides comfort. But it is impersonal. Impersonal is ok for the dentist's office, but not a fertility clinic...I mostly dealt with Carol or Andrea and wasn't assigned a specific nurse. At NYU, nurses are really the only point people available to patients on a predictable basis. All calls are returned by a nurse (not a doctor), and in fact, a nurse did my actual IUI.
How was your experience with Alan Berkeley at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Berkeley clearly has good credentials and a prestigious post at a well-known university fertility clinic. I thought he was professional the one (!) time I got to meet him (at my consult). I was taken aback by the fact I did not hear from him again until after my missed miscarriage/D&C at 6 weeks. My tissue from the D&C had been tested, and it was triploidy, which he explained to me over the phone. I advised him that Dr. Noyes, who had seen me during this very brief pregnancy mentioned during a monitoring appointment (as it began to become clearer that this was a missed miscarriage) that I had a uterine fibroid and had been incredulous as to why no one had pointed this out to me before. While my fibroid didn't cause the triploidy, of course (which he pointed out), I felt that missing such a thing at my initial consult the month before (which included an initial ultrasound) was pretty inexcusable.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Berkeley at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
If you choose to go this route, find a way to beat the system so you can speak to the Dr himself, instead of dealing only with the "doctor of the day" or nurses.
NYU's clinic is crowded. I met Dr. Berkeley at my consult when he "became" my doctor. But I never saw him again or heard from him again throughout my cycle.
Describe the protocols Alan Berkeley used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Dr. Berkeley put me on Clomid after doing comprehensive bloodwork (which included genetic testing). I then triggered with Ovidrel and had an IUI. At 6 weeks, I was diagnosed with a missed miscarriage and had a D&C with embryo testing at the clinic.
I mostly dealt with Carol or Andrea and wasn't assigned a specific nurse. At NYU, nurses are really the only point people available to patients on a predictable basis. All calls are returned by a nurse (not a doctor), and in fact, a nurse did my actual IUI. The nurses were generally pleasant but when my short-lived pregnancy turned out not to be viable, I thought they could have done better. The nurse who called me to inform me that my HCG levels were declining was a nurse I had never met or spoken to before, and she let me know via voicemail about my declining HCG level and that I should come back on in several days for bloodwork and an ultrasound. I reached out to Evelyn Arroyo (I think she's Dr. Berkeley's assistant) about this (which required me to go behind the system a bit) and said I'd like to speak to a doctor about this - particularly Dr. Fino since she has seen me for the past 2 times. I did not receive a call back from either Dr. Fino or Dr. Berkeley.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
NYU is affiliated with a teaching hospital and presumably has a commensurate lab, so that provides comfort. But it is impersonal. Impersonal is ok for the dentist's office, but not a fertility clinic. I wound up leaving to go to a smaller, more personalized clinic where my treatment felt more tailored and where I had a name.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alan Berkeley at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
My IUI protocol and treatment were covered under insurance. I had copays.
Describe Alan Berkeley's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
No experience with Dr. Berkeley on this
Alan Berkeley
2014, Unknown Success
Dr. Park is not necessarily warm & fuzzy (which i was okay with). Very kind, good bedside manner. Thorough with her details.
NYU is a very busy office, getting an appointment was very tough...There was some confusion a few times in terms of what tests were needed and where they needed to happen.
How was your experience with Joonhee Park at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
very kind, good bedside manner. thorough with her details.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joonhee Park at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
not necessarily warm & fuzzy (which i was okay with)-- but could find that to be not for everyone.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joonhee Park at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
very busy office, getting an appointment was very tough. I also had to call several times once I had a miscarriage to understand what I had to do next since Dr. Park was away. Staff was kind was in the office (nurses)-- but there was some confusion a few times in terms of what tests were needed and where they needed to happen
front desk staff was horrible.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
dr. park was great-- her front desk staff was difficult, rude and showed zero compassion.
Joonhee Park