660 1st Avenue
212.263.8990
109 West 27th St
212.263.8999

Ugly, inconvenient offices. Billing is on top of things when they want your money but not so much when you have questions or need a refund. The monitoring works like clockwork... I liked the nurses who did my monitoring. They were great. The nurses during and after egg retrieval were horrible...She's [Dr. Brooke Hodes-Wertz] the right doctor for me. She's just the right mix of facts and optimism. I didn't see her often, though, and sometimes I didn't know what the next step in the process was. (Though in her defense things didn't go according to plan)...We did 3 rounds of IUI with clomid that were unsuccessful. Then we moved on the IVF with Follistim, Cetrotide, Menapur, and Ovudrel. With our AMH and stats, we were expected to produce 0-1 embryos per cycle. We got 5, and 3 were normal post PGS. So we only had to do one round.
How was your experience with Brooke Hodes-Wertz at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
She's the right doctor for me. She's just the right mix of facts and optimism. I didn't see her often, though, and sometimes I didn't know what the next step in the process was. (Though in her defense things didn't go according to plan).
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brooke Hodes-Wertz at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Be proactive. If you want to see her or talk to her, make the appointment. If you have questions, ask.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brooke Hodes-Wertz at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
She's very straight forward. My situation wasn't great but she wasn't overly apologetic about it - she told me the facts and gave me a plan. It helped keep me hopeful and not focused on my bad stats.
Describe the protocols Brooke Hodes-Wertz used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Pretty efficient. No complaints except that all the monitoring is annoying.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brooke Hodes-Wertz at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I have excellent insurance so all we paid for was the PGS testing and the cost to biopsy in addition to th cryo fees to freeze the blastocysts
Describe Brooke Hodes-Wertz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Haven't done that yet. But we'll only do 1.

2015 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Licciardi was recommended to us by my OB/GYN. He was very sympathetic to our specific challenges, and at first I felt in great hands. But after many months of poor results, I never felt like he went above and beyond for us, or was willing to try new, different, or outside-of-the-box ideas/treatments...He's been doing this a long time and has loads of experience, but if I was to do this all again, I'd have pushed for more aggressive treatment -- or recommendation on alternate measures (donor, GC, etc.).
NYU was a pretty seamless, easy operation for me. The doctors were reachable, monitoring easy... even billing was pretty straight-forward. What I didn't like was the very safe approach, and the wait for ultrasounds....The nurses were responsive when called -- always returned phone calls and gave directions clearly. During morning monitoring were pretty aloof, but did the job and got patients in and out of bloodwork quickly. Ultrasounds took quite a bit longer (I'm sure that was more about the doctors than the nurses).
How was your experience with Frederick Licciardi at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Frederick Licciardi at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Describe Frederick Licciardi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
To my knowledge at NYU, they will not transfer multiple embryos. In my case, we never got that far.
Frederick Licciardi
NY - 1st Ave

She [Dr. Hodes-Werz] is very knowledgeable, adjusted my treatments when one is not working, and honest with the results and prognosis. When I got results that I didn't want to see, she is compassionate, warm and has suggestions for the next round...The first IVF was antagonist protocol good for older women. She used minimum amount of medications...she is honest and compassionate. She returns calls or have her secretary call when busy.
The clinic [NYU - W 52nd] can feel like a factory and you're just a number... but all the nurses handled their jobs well. All are very competent. A particular nurse, Imelda, is very kind, compassionate and caring...Monitoring is 7-9 am. I go early so I'm in and out in 20 minutes....Everything was covered by my insurance except PGS....She [Dr. Hodes-Wertz] is very knowledgeable, adjusted my treatments when one is not working, and honest with the results and prognosis.
She is very knowledgeable, adjusted my treatments when one is not working, and honest with the results and prognosis. When I got results that I didn't want to see, she is compassionate, warm and has suggestions for the next round.
Trust her clinical judgment and expertise.
She is honest and compassionate. She returns calls or have her secretary call when busy.
The first IVF was antagonist protocol good for older women. She used minimum amount of medications. The second IVF was also antagonist with increased medications to increase the amount of eggs. However, I had the same results. The third IVF was microdose lupron and had increased amount of eggs and embryos. I chose to do PGS, but sadly, all embryos were abnormal.
The clinic is very busy, but all the nurses handled their jobs well. All are very competent. A particular nurse, Imelda, is very kind, compassionate and caring.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The clinic can feel like a factory and you're just a number.
Monitoring is 7-9 am. I go early so I'm in and out in 20 minutes.
Everything was covered by my insurance except PGS.
She prefers eSET but I never reached transfer so it was never discussed in detail.

2006 - 2017, Successful
I have a long-standing relationship with Dr. Noyes and she treats me like an old friend. She has shown that she cares about me and my outcomes...Dr. Noyes is a skilled and experienced clinician. I have personally had only good experiences as her patient. I have referred several other people to her and they did not have as positive experiences as I did.
This clinic [NYU] has a lot of experience and has worked with many, many clients so they have well developed protocols. Sometimes; however, because they do the treatments so often it becomes routine and they miss things that they should notice that do not exactly fit into their routine...Dr. Noyes is a skilled and experienced clinician. I have personally had only good experiences as her patient. I have referred several other people to her and they did not have as positive experiences as I did.
How was your experience with Nicole Noyes at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nicole Noyes at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
To be personally on top of her own treatment cycle and insist on getting explanations if she notices any discrepencies or if something seems wrong.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nicole Noyes at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
She was always pleasant and clear in her communication.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
This clinic has a lot of experience and has worked with many, many clients so they have well developed protocols. Sometimes; however, because they do the treatments so often it becomes routine and they miss things that they should notice that do not exactly fit into their routine.
Monitoring was done in the mornings and the wait times varied at different points.
Describe Nicole Noyes's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I didn't feel that there was a definitive approach being recommended and I got some confusing advice when it came time for my embryo transfer. I also didn't feel that it was discussed fully and properly in advance.
Nicole Noyes
NY - 1st Ave

Dr. Grifo provided excellent care and clearly made us aware of the process and managed expectations appropriately. He made himself available for phone consultations during each step of the process....Made himself accessible for individual phone consultations. Emphasized us knowing about the option of genetic screening, which was important to us.... Dr. Grifo followed a medium aggressive drug plan for me.
Strengths [of NYU]: Experience, efficiency, availability Weaknesses: Rotating Dr's every time you go in for an apt.... [The nursing staff were] Efficient and always made themselves available for my questions and explaining the next steps of the process.... 17,500 for retrieval. Total after implantation and drugs was close to ~25k... Dr. Grifo followed a medium aggressive drug plan for me.
How was your experience with James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Ensure to keep track of your own records of hormones, blood tests etc.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols James Grifo used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Dr. Grifo followed a medium aggressive drug plan for me. I do not recall the exact protocol, but I did not respond as expected and only ended up having one ovary really respond and 3 eggs retrieved. Luckily, we had one healthy blastocyst that resulted in a healthy pregnancy.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Strengths: Experience, efficiency, availability Weaknesses: Rotating Dr's every time you go in for an apt.
Very efficient and the Dr's were mostly great to work with.
Describe the costs associated with your care under James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
17,500 for retrieval. Total after implantation and drugs was close to ~25k
Describe James Grifo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I very much agreed with Dr. Grifo's approach of only implanting one embryo and doing genetic testing. He stressed the importance of having a healthy pregnancy - considering the risks to the mother, instead of just focusing on getting pregnant and risking multiples.
James Grifo

2015 - 2016, 31 Eggs Frozen
Investor
Dr. Grifo is incredibly knowledgeable and overall is a great doctor. However, the time taken with me as a patient was higher at other clinics, as was the granularity of answers...Dr. Grifo is a very knowledgeable doctor. My experience overall with NYU was positive, as far as it went... However, it was unclear at the end of it whether I had enough eggs to be a true insurance policy. Additionally the hormone dose used was higher than at other clinics, where my results were similar...
The nursing staff is phenomenal at NYU...Efficient and not unpleasant, although assembly line...I had mild OHSS post treatment. There are medications that can be given to diminish this (ganirelex or cetrotide for a few days). While the other clinics I have been to were willing to provide that, NYU will not, which makes the recovery time much more prolonged and difficult...
How was your experience with James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Grifo is a very knowledgeable doctor. My experience overall with NYU was positive, as far as it went. The process itself was straightforward. However, it was unclear at the end of it whether I had enough eggs to be a true insurance policy. Additionally the hormone dose used was higher than at other clinics, where my results were similar.
Ask his thought process behind the hormone doses he chooses. Also ask his viewpoint on whether eggs or embryos makes more sense, given your age and goals.
300 follistim, 300 menopur, 5 days clomid, ganirelex
The nursing staff is phenomenal at NYU
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Efficient and not unpleasant, although assembly line
$9200 per egg freeze cycle, $1000 for anesthesia. Med costs were separate and above this
James Grifo
NY - 1st Ave
Dr Noyes has very practical and no nonsense approach. I felt we were on the same page about my treatment plan and the possible outcomes....Also, if you have low ovarian reserve talk to her about aggressive vs non aggressive protocols in advance...I like and trust Dr Noyes but wish we had more one on one interaction. I only saw her in person for my intake appt before my first IUI and after two cancelled IVF cycles. All my communication was with the nurses and other Dr's who did my ultrasounds...If you want to have lots of personal interaction with Dr Noyes she might not be the Dr for you..
NYU is a big clinic but they are a well oiled machine. Arrive early for daily monitoring and you will get in and out quickly. All the nurses are fantastic and billing dept is very easy to deal with....I was covered by insurance and hand minimal out of pocket costs...I like and trust Dr Noyes but wish we had more one on one interaction. I only saw her in person for my intake appt before my first IUI and after two cancelled IVF cycles. All my communication was with the nurses and other Dr's who did my ultrasounds.
How was your experience with Nicole Noyes at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
If you want to have lots of personal interaction with Dr Noyes she might not be the Dr for you. Also, if you have low ovarian reserve talk to her about aggressive vs non aggressive protocols in advance.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nicole Noyes at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I was covered by insurance and hand minimal out of pocket costs.
Nicole Noyes

2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
She [Dr Hodes-Wertz] was very sweet and caring. When I had a miscarriage, she called to find out how I was feeling. She was very responsive when I reached out to her and very excited with my positive pregnancy test....I have had a few occasions when they [the staff at NYU Fertility] said that they would call meds into a pharmacy and the pharmacy never got the voicemail....You do feel a bit like a number in a factory. However, I wonder if this may be true for every fertility clinic. When I wanted personal attention, I asked for it and got it.
She was very sweet and caring. When I had a miscarriage, she called to find out how I was feeling. She was very responsive when I reached out to her and very excited with my positive pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Around $500 for ovulation induction. IVF is likely to cost a whole lot more though
What specific things went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I have had a few occasions when they said that they would call meds into a pharmacy and the pharmacy never got the voicemail.
2015, Successful
Very competent doctor. Bedside manner is not his strong point.
How was your experience with Alan Berkeley at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Very competent doctor. Bedside manner is not his strong point and it was hard to get access to him to actually speak to him, but he's very good at explaining the procedures and he knows what he's doing. This is not the place to go if you're looking for emotional support, but a place to go if you just care about the results.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Berkeley at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Make sure you ask the questions you want answered. Don't expect to be coddled.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Berkeley at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
They certainly knew who we were and they were personable. But the clinic operates much like a factory without much emotion or personal care. It's very hard to just speak to the doctor.
Describe the protocols Alan Berkeley used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
treatment strategy worked. he knows what he's doing
some were better than others. some cared and expressed support and emotion. others just kept you moving on
very busy, but well organized. it's a big clinic. morning hours from 7-9.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alan Berkeley at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
60K
What specific things went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Alan Berkeley
2014 - 2015, Unsuccessful
Nursing staff knew me by name, Dr Fino was very warm and personable. She made me felt heard and valued... Dr FIno was very engaging and I know she wanted to see us with a pregnancy. We never changed up our approach towards pregnancy. I would have liked for her to have offered more aggressive treatment or solutions to our recurring losses....We did IUI with clomid, never did progesterone.... Do research and ask about trying different methods to achieve pregnancy.
NYU is a large clinic with small satellite offices. There are many doctors on staff and I selected mine based on online reviews. The clinic is connected to the hospital so billing for various procedures is very streamlined... Nursing staff was the same each time I went in so it was comforting to see familiar faces. All were very knowledgeable and I knew I could ask anyone a question and expect a solid answer.... Dr FIno was very engaging
How was your experience with Elizabeth Fino at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Elizabeth Fino at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Do research and ask about trying different methods to achieve pregnancy.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Elizabeth Fino at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Nursing staff knew me by name, Dr Fino was very warm and personable. She made me felt heard and valued and was very caring during this difficult time.
Describe the protocols Elizabeth Fino used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We did IUI with clomid, never did progesterone.
Elizabeth Fino

2014, Successful
Dr Berkley is a funny guy with great bed side manner...his medicine is pretty conventional he didn't discuss any naturopathic options.. He went through a rigorous initial consultation with us.making sure we covered all details. He is also a brilliant dr. He is well experienced and knew exactly what should be done. He also pushed the limits to maximize results. His short comings is that he is so busy that it could take a long time to set up apts or get return calls.
[NYU] Strengths: their medicine is top notch...They have experience with so many various cases so they are extremely knowledgeable and have top of the line recourses. Weskness: they are not personable. In order to speak to someone you have to leave a message with a call center and they will call you back. The lines for monitoring are long and the IVF coordinators and billing have attitudes.
How was your experience with Alan Berkeley at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr Berkley is a funny guy with great bed side manner. He went through a rigorous initial consultation with us.making sure we covered all details. He is also a brilliant dr. He is well experienced and knew exactly what should be done. He also pushed the limits to maximize results. His short comings is that he is so busy that it could take a long time to set up apts or get return calls. Also his medicine is pretty conventional he didn't discuss any naturopathic options
Come with all your questions he will take the time to go through them. Be prepared for a long waiting time for the apt though
NYU unfortunately has an enormous amount of patients. So there were so many of us that I felt we were just another patient, esspecially trying to make apts, calling the facility or coming in for monitoring. But when we were able to see or speak to the dr we felt like humans because dr Berkley took the time to go through all the details with us in person and also over the phone. He made us feel like we were his top priority. He Didn't rush us, he repeated things if we didn't understand. He joked with us so that felt very personable.
This was several years ago so I don't remember fully. Dr Berkley wanted to use an aggressive approach since I had a failed cycle which did not produce many eggs though I have a high egg reserve with a different dr. I was on menupur and Folistim I over stimulated so they had to do an HCG trigger. I produced 28 eggs. He told me he was going to be aggressive since I had a failed cycle previously so I knew what to expect. What I didn't know was that because of that the embryos had to be frozen and I could not do a fresh transfer.
There are a lot of them. Most were extraordinary. Some were great. Others were not. Luckely I dealt with wonderful nurses but occasionally I had a bad one.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Strengths: their medicine is top notch. It's NYU they have laboratory resources that is bar none. They have experience with so many various cases so they are extremely knowledgeable and have top of the line recourses. Weskness: they are not personable. In order to speak to someone you have to leave a message with a call center and they will call you back. The lines for monitoring are long and the IVF coordinators and billing have attitudes.
It was a window of time. If you get there early it's quick but if you get there late you'll be waiting a long time. It was first come first serve so some patients got competitive and catty
For a full IVF cycle with ICSI and initial freezing it was approximately $15,000. That was 3 years ago.
Describe Alan Berkeley's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Dr Berkeley promotes single embryo transfer. However when we transferred the first embryo it didn't take. Since we did not do PGD testing He recommended that we transfer 2 embryos the next time. It became a successful single birth. The next transfer he recommends we transfer 2 again he said statistically non PGD tested embryos will have a 50% success rate. So the statistics are in your favor when transferring 2. Knowing that I asked him why we didn't transferred 2 the first time as well. we only made 5 embryos so there would always be 1 odd one out and he didn't advise to transfer 3. The first one transferred was the best quality embryo so statistically it had a highest chance of success as it was.
Alan Berkeley