9.7

660 1st Avenue
212.263.8990
109 West 27th St
212.263.8999

she [Dr. DeVore] had me come in for morning monitoring and found out I was surging. She told me right away, and then cleared her calendar so that we could do the IUI that afternoon instead of waiting another day. I probably talked to her 3 times on the phone that day to make the decision to do IUI right then -- and I'm so grateful I did!...I always felt like she listened to me and understood my personal needs. Her recommendations were specific to my personal medical situation as well as my needs and life. She was caring and compassionate every step of the way. She took the time needed to answer all my questions and never rushed through. And, she was extremely thorough with her answers.
At NYU, the staff is very organized and thorough. Billing and insurance with NYU was a breeze (and honestly, it's always been a painpoint for me at other clinics). I felt that the facilities were clean, very well managed, and they ran a really tight operation...I would recommend going to morning monitoring by 8am as it'll take 2-5 min to get in. At around 8:30 or 9am, it can take 15 - 20 min (which isn't bad, but it's helpful to plan)...NYU is really good about making sure you have the information needed so make sure you listen/learn and follow up so that there are no surprises. The nurses always guided me to check with insurance on specific things (and in fact, called my insurance to confirm on my behalf many times too)
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
As a patient, I had an exceptional experience with Dr. DeVore and cannot recommend her highly enough. She is by far the best doctor I have ever been to. There are a few things that really stand out: I always felt like Dr. DeVore cared about me personally -- she respected my personal values and my comfort zone, and she made recommendations that were tailored specifically to me. She is compassionate but also fully candid and honest. She never sugar coated any of the facts, and just as importantly, gave me ALL the information that I needed to feel comfortable about the decisions that we were making. She is extremely thorough in her analysis and detail oriented. I felt empowered and fully understood the process and next steps. After every appointment, I would walk out of the room, feeling like we made the right decisions. Not everything we tried worked out in the beginning, but the decision-making process and information was so clear and upfront, that we were able to pivot as needed. The entire IUI/IVF process can be extremely complicated, so this piece was HUGE. Dr. DeVore always went the extra mile. In December, Dr. DeVore let me know that in Jan 2020, there'd be a new law which meant that some New York companies would need to provide full coverage for IVF treatment. Dr. DeVore did extra research on this, guided me through the process, and even helped me follow up with billing (and insurance) to make sure we had the information needed. She even wrote a personal letter to our insurance company to ensure everything was organized and in order before starting IVF. This was HUGE and such a stress relief as the process can typically feel very overwhelming given the potential costs. I really felt like Dr. DeVore cared. I know she has a busy schedule and tons of patients, but you would never know. Dr. DeVore gave her FULL attention and dedication to me at every appointment. Even if I had questions outside of appointments, she would get back to me right away too! I've never experienced that level of personal care and can't thank her enough!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
If you're going to see Dr. DeVore, you made the right choice! Best doctor at NYU
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Shannon DeVore made me feel so comfortable throughout the process. I always felt like she listened to me and understood my personal needs. Her recommendations were specific to my personal medical situation as well as my needs and life. She was caring and compassionate every step of the way. She took the time needed to answer all my questions and never rushed through. And, she was extremely thorough with her answers. I wanted to understand EVERY step of the process, every risk, and every potential scenario. Shannon was so patient and not only answered my questions immediately, but also gave me the level of depth that I needed so that I felt fully comfortable. I cannot tell you how much I appreciated Dr. DeVore's care, dedication and personal attention!
Describe the protocols Shannon DeVore used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
One of my biggest issues was the timing of ovulation as my cycles varied widely month by month. We started out by monitoring my cycles and doing a trigger shot. The first cycle, we learned that my follicles were not growing big enough by the time I ovulated, so for the next cycle, Shannon gave me Clomid to help with the follicle process. Although my body reacted well to Clomid, the first IUI was unsuccessful. The next month, I tried Clomid again but this time my body had a strange reaction to the medication and I had really bad cramps post ovulation. As a result, Shannon decided to pivot and put me on Letrazole instead. I really appreciated this pivot because I knew that Shannon was listening to me and not pushing me down a path (Clomid) that I wasn't comfortable with. In addition, that next month was Christmas and I already had plans to travel and see my family. She knew this was important to me so rather than doing a timed IUI (and having me cancel my plans), I took Letrazole and had sex normally (using ovulation sticks). When this didn't work, the next month, she suggested we try Letrazole + IUI again and simultaneously prepare to start IVF. She was extra careful and thoughtful about monitoring me during this time as she knew my ovulation could be pretty erratic. 4-5 days after my period, she had me come in for morning monitoring and found out I was surging. She told me right away, and then cleared her calendar so that we could do the IUI that afternoon instead of waiting another day. I probably talked to her 3 times on the phone that day to make the decision to do IUI right then -- and I'm so grateful I did! At the same time, we were also preparing to potentially start IVF. Shannon spent so much time walking us through the process, explaining the medications, and the most cost effective solutions. She mapped out every step and scenario (we had so many questions!!). And then... in a crazy turn of events, the DAY BEFORE we were supposed to start IVF, I found out that I was pregnant! While we never went down the IVF path, I would have felt 100% comfortable if we did. In the first 7 weeks of pregnancy, she monitored me to ensure everything was going smoothly and even was there to show me the first heart beat!
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The NYU staff was very thorough an organized about calling me with results immediately, booking me for follow up appointments, ensuring our billing was sorted and organizing our insurance paperwork. It was never a problem to get in quickly for morning monitoring (I never waited over 5-10 min). And, they nurses were always friendly --- i felt like we knew each other after 6 months! In addition, we took a 3 hour, in-person course on IVF. I was kicking and screaming going into it because it meant I needed to miss a couple hours of work... but wow, it is so necessary. I highly recommend that everyone take this course before going down the IVF path
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
At NYU, the staff is very organized and thorough. Billing and insurance with NYU was a breeze (and honestly, it's always been a painpoint for me at other clinics). I felt that the facilities were clean, very well managed, and they ran a really tight operation. I would recommend booking your actual appointments well in advance so that you are organized and can plan accordingly. Secondly, I would recommend going to morning monitoring by 8am as it'll take 2-5 min to get in. At around 8:30 or 9am, it can take 15 - 20 min (which isn't bad, but it's helpful to plan). Lastly, I would do your homework on insurance! NYU is really good about making sure you have the information needed so make sure you listen/learn and follow up so that there are no surprises. The nurses always guided me to check with insurance on specific things (and in fact, called my insurance to confirm on my behalf many times too)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Fully covered by insurance except for $25 co-pays each visit (thank goodness!)

2016 - 2020, Unknown Success
Dr Hodes was so invested in our success...She always gave her honest opinion about what we could expect and what we were up against. She was encouraging without getting us overly encouraged at any given step, since there are so many. But most importantly, my treatment was personalized and so far was wildly more successful than at my first clinic
NYU is top notch in terms of treatment, professionalism and kindness. I was so impressed at how everyone handled themselves at all times, but the real proof was during COVID. Everyone was smiling, positive, and putting themselves on the line for all of the patients. I've never felt more cared for. It was extraordinary. A huge thank you to NYUFC.
How was your experience with Brooke Hodes-Wertz at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I've covered Dr Hodes thoroughly in my prior responsible, but I'll add one more thing. Our cycle was right as New York was shutting down due to COVID. We had to delay a cycle because my FSH was too high the cycle before. I genuinely believed every time I called Dr Hodes, which was a lot, that she wanted me to get through this cycle every bit as much as i did and to take advantage of the fact my FSH went down. It was truly extraordinary. At her own family's risk, she kept coming and rooting us on. Absolutely exceptional.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brooke Hodes-Wertz at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
You just made a great decision. Don't worry that you won't see Dr Hodes every visit, she's on top of your treatment, even when she's on vacation, much less if you don't see her. NYU is tops and Dr Hodes is an impressive member of the team. It's worth it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brooke Hodes-Wertz at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr Hodes was so invested in our success but without ever crossing the line of unprofessional. She always gave her honest opinion about what we could expect and what we were up against. She was encouraging without getting us overly encouraged at any given step, since there are so many. But most importantly, my treatment was personalized and so far was wildly more successful than at my first clinic, RMA of NY with Dr. Stein. We added clomid to my treatment, didn't do any suppression before my cycle since my body does not react well to birth control, and critically, even though my ultra sound was looking right to trigger, she looked at my last results and determined we needed another day to get better results than with RMA and she was right both times. After getting only 3 eggs at RMA at 34. we got at 35 and an incredible 10 at 39, despite by DOR diagnosis. We were thrilled. Further, given my age, PGS testing was recommended, and Dr. Hodes said her goal for us was 2-3 normal embryos. On my second round, without my frozen eggs (which we saved due to the uncertainty of COVID) we got 2 normals and a mosaic. While we're not done yet, these results were incredible and Dr. Hodes was there every step of the way, encouraging and realistic.
Describe the protocols Brooke Hodes-Wertz used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I answered this question as well in why Dr Hodes was a human, but my treatment was tailored to get much better results than my first egg freeze. We didn't down regulate and instead worked with my natural cycle. This helped a huge amount. We did 300 gonal f in the morning and 150 menopur in the evening and two clomids for the first 5 days. Then we added cetrotide int eh AM and same injections as before in the evening. Even though my US looked like I was ready, Dr Hodes remembered from my egg freeze 4 years ago that we needed to give me an extra day. I'm sure that also made a huge difference in results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Laura)
Laura was also amazing!!! Since I had my egg freezing training 4 years earlier and we were eager to get going on IVF, Laura did a special class just for me and my husband. She was so kind, honest, and clear about everything. Plus, that's a perfect example of how you really are not a number at NYU. It's a large center, but there is personal care every step of the way, even if you may not be noticing it.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brooke Hodes-Wertz at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Not cheap!! Retrieval, anesthesia, PGS testing...around 20K plus meds
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I don't think it was something that went wrong, just an unusual situation. My retrieval was very late in the day, and my form said I couldn't eat after midnight. I knew I would literally pass out if that's what I actually did. I can't make it to midafternoon the next day with no food and barely any water. So I called the nurse line and she said I actually could eat that morning, it just had to be 7 hours before the procedure. I'm so glad I called!! I was up and out 30 minutes after the retrieval and felt great, which I'm sure was in no small part to not being famished and faint. I recovered much better from this one than my last, when I couldn't eat before and had a late morning procedure, in fact.

2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Grifo always gave us his full attention and thorough, thoughtful explanations for every step of treatment. He often spoke within the context of his extensive career and personal experience with infertility, with the point being that his professional opinion of our specific circumstances could be trusted, because he's seen it all - and he also understood the heartache and hope. This was always done in a reassuring - not arrogant - manner. We felt confident we were in good hands.
I can only say good things, the whole [NYU Langone Fertility Center] team was responsive and helpful. Very clear from day one who I needed to work with on what, and they were all prompt and thorough and professional and polite. No complaints...[nurses are] Always warm and reassuring. So important to fertility patients who are on edge waiting for results!
How was your experience with James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Grifo is present and focused on you as his patient and never distracted. Always patient and repeatedly asked whether there were questions or if we needed clarification on anything. Like I said in a previous answer, we were very confident we were in good hands.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Book him early! He is in demand!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols James Grifo used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I don't recall doses or timelines, but for the egg retrieval I took Gonal F, Menopur, Ganirelix, Pregnyl, and Leuprolide. I took Estrace, Crinone, and progesterone in oil shots for the FET. We had great results, after 1 egg retrieval we had 4 genetically normal embryos after PGT testing, the first FET resulted in a live birth, and we are looking to do another FET soon.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I can only say good things, the whole team was responsive and helpful. Very clear from day one who I needed to work with on what, and they were all prompt and thorough and professional and polite. No complaints.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
This was an efficient, well-oiled machine, and in the midst of Covid protocols to boot. I never had to wait long - times were assigned in advance and the nursing team were pros, as were the ultrasound techs and attending doctors.
Describe the costs associated with your care under James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
We paid out of pocket for everything except general testing and some monitoring (ultrasounds) counted towards a deductible. So it wasn't cheap, but it was worth it to work with this doctor at this clinic!
Describe James Grifo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
NYU Langone's policy is strict about singe embryo transfers, and we agreed with that approach.

2019 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Devore personally calls you to tell you results of pregnancy tests and whenever possible, she makes sure she is the doctor available for your ultrasounds and transfers...She was diligent and performed additional testing after an unsuccessful transfer to ensure there were no additional issue we needed to address
NYU Fertility clinic is a well oiled machine. They see a ton of patients and still manage to have minimal wait times for morning monitoring/ultrasounds. They provide the medication information in an easy to follow format and are always available to answer questions over the phone and are easily accessible. The nursing staff are all wonderful and compassionate and friendly and never make you feel like you are a bother when asking questions.
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Devore is the most caring, compassionate and successful doctor I have ever had. She made me feel so comfortable at each appointment and always answered my questions and made me feel at ease with her treatment plan. I always got an immediate response from her office and was able to get answers no matter what. She personally called me to give me results and when a transfer didn't work she immediately came up with a plan of action to ease my anxiety.
I did 3 transfers and the 2 I did with Dr. Devore were successful, the 1 I did with another doctor was not successful. Dr. Devore is obviously the best at her job. Fertility treatment is stressful and uncomfortable as it is, but Dr. Devore makes you feel at ease and alleviates the stress that accommodates IVF cycles.
Dr. Devore personally calls you to tell you results of pregnancy tests and whenever possible, she makes sure she is the doctor available for your ultrasounds and transfers. She is very compassionate and I truly felt she cared about my IVF journey. She was diligent and performed additional testing after an unsuccessful transfer to ensure there were no additional issue we needed to address. She took the time and provided extra attention to ensure I had a successful transfer. She also constantly had a plan for me and was positive and enthusiastic but also realistic with the possible outcomes.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
NYU Fertility Center has many patients and has a easy to follow and well established system in place. You check in using a kiosk each time you do morning monitoring and are in an out as quickly as possible.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. DeVore is empathetic and I never felt rushed when I saw her in person or spoke to her...Compassionate, empathetic, responsive, tailors your treatment to you, willing to try new things, willing to listen to your concerns/suggestions yet will provide her thoughts/take on it, interacts with you instead of solely relying on the nurses/staff...
NYU is a well-oiled machine. They are equipped to handle their volume of patients and although I often felt like a number during morning monitoring due to the number of other patients, most of the nurses were very warm and pleasant. It is helpful to go earlier (closer to 7am) during morning monitoring hours -- you will be in and out as opposed to scheduling closer to 9am...
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Absolutely love her. I have recommended her to three of my close friends. She is everything you would want in a fertility doctor. Compassionate, empathetic, responsive, tailors your treatment to you, willing to try new things, willing to listen to your concerns/suggestions yet will provide her thoughts/take on it, interacts with you instead of solely relying on the nurses/staff. I wish I had started my egg freezing journey with her and didn't just go with a name/title as I did for my first doctor, which came recommended by my gyno and a friend that works on the admin side of the NYU hospital system. I had an unquestionably better experience with Dr. DeVore and am so happy I switched to her.
She will be your guide and friend throughout this difficult process, so treat her with kindness and she will be there for you every step of the way. Don't be afraid to bring your perspective and suggestions based on your own research and reading -- she is open to hearing your ideas and is not dismissive like other doctors can be.
Dr. DeVore is empathetic and I never felt rushed when I saw her in person or spoke to her. She was willing to experiment and try different protocols when it became clear my past protocols were only producing a minimum number of eggs. I felt like she understood my concerns with my past experience with another doctor and was open to hearing my suggestions based on research I had done, instead of shutting it down quickly like my previous doctor had. Infertility is still a developing field of science so I appreciated that she was open minded since I was desperate for different results and standard protocols were not working well for me. She is extremely responsive and I appreciated that she often called me herself (rather than have a nurse call) to give me an update or my results.
Prior to starting with Dr. DeVore, I had done two cycles with another doctor in the practice using first an antagonist protocol with clomid (resulting in 3 M-2) and second a microdose lupron protocol (resulting in 2 M-2 and 2 M-1). The results were mediocre so Dr. DeVore experimented with different protocols, including having me come in as soon the same morning I started spotting versus day 2 (with day 1 being full flow) with my previous doctor. Our rounds together included the following. I appreciated that after each of the first two rounds, we tried something different since the protocol wasn't producing the results we were hoping for. The number of eggs retrieved given my age were soul crushingly low. Round 1: Antagonist (300 Gonal F, 300 Menopur). Results: 1 M-2, 1 GV, 1 unable to be retrieved Round 2: Low dose antagonist with Clomid (75 Gonal F, 75 Menopur) Results: 1 M-2, 1 M-1 and 1 GV Round 3: Microdose lupron with Omnitrope for first 5 days (5 MDL, 300 Gonal F, 150 Menopur) Results: 6 M-2 and 1 GV Round 4: Microdose lupron with Omnitrope for first 5 days (5 MDL, 300 Gonal F, 150 Menopur) Results: 4 M-2 Round 5: Microdose lupron with Omnitrope for first 5 days (5 MDL, 300 Gonal F, 150 Menopur) Results: 6 M-2, 3 GV Round 3 was my best round yet so we appeared to have found a protocol that worked for me, so we stuck with it for rounds 3-5.
Here's where I did feel like a number sometimes given how many people they saw but I appreciate that they always had the correct info and I never questioned their competence or attention to detail. I did hate that I always had to leave a message with a central answering service to talk to a nurse but I appreciate that the nurses were pretty timely in giving me a call back.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Efficient and well-oiled machine. I was a seasoned pro having done 7 cycles so I appreciated being able to get in and out relatively quickly. Just know that you will not always see your doctor during monitoring -- it depends on what day you are scheduled to come in based off your own body/results and which doctor is on call that day. But I appreciated that I always knew Dr. DeVore was reviewing my results behind the scenes and she would often give me a call re: next steps if she did not see me for monitoring that day.
$9,200 for first round of egg freezing, $8,200 for each subsequent round. These included all morning monitoring, blood tests, retrieval, etc. other than anesthesia. Medication was separate.
Describe Shannon DeVore's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.

2021, Successful
Dr. Blakemore always had a smile on her face, never made you feel rushed, always was honest and answered your questions to the best of her ability. I never felt like I was on a time limit, or that she wasn't available if I needed her. Twice I had to call with questions, and twice Dr. Blakemore HERSELF called me back almost right away to answer the questions and calm my nerves when my nerves needed to be calmed...I wanted to transfer two embryos but Dr. Blakemore insisted we do only one...
The nursing team [at NYU Langone Fertility Center] always reached out when you needed them and always gave detailed information. You never felt rushed and sometimes they even listened to me vent. They showed compassion and kindness from day one and did whatever they could to assist you and your doctor in getting you the care and information you need...I usually waited 10-15 min for an ultrasound after blood work which isn't bad. Occasionally on very very busy days, I had to wait 30 minutes and maybe once or twice more but in total, you were essentially in and out in an hour...
How was your experience with Jennifer Blakemore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I was lucky enough to become pregnant under the care of Dr. Blakemore. After 2 and a half years trying to conceive. I came from another practice with many issues so my first consultation with her, I had reservations about trusting someone else with my fertility treatments, especially after feeling so ignored at my previous clinic. From the first day meeting with her, she really helps you feel relaxed, calm and shared her own personal journey with me which helped break down some of my walls. She was thorough with everything she explained to both me and my husband and let us know she was always available if we needed her. Dr. Blakemore wasn't kidding. She seemingly works every single day, and has even called me back herself on numerous occasions to answer questions for me. You can see the passion she has in all that she does - she's beaming with it. She's excited everyday to come to work and help people conceive children. It's hard not to be excited when your doctor is so excited and positive and happy to be there. She helps you see the positive and continue moving forward even when setbacks seem huge. She supports you in your decisions and explains risks and benefits. I felt like she became my friend while I was there - my own personal cheerleader cheering me on. As a doctor, she's incredible and she absolutely amazing at what she does. If you need protocol adjusted, she adjusts it. She knows what works. Our second retrieval was 3x as successful as our first BECAUSE of Jennifer Blakemore. This woman will one day be in the hall of fame for science or something because she does so much research and cares about what she does, shes either going to discover something magical - I don't know. She's up to date on the latest information. I literally could go on and on and on about how marvelous I think she is as a person and as a doctor. She would always inform me where she would be so I knew where to schedule my appointment so I could be seen by her. She's incredibly hands on. Again, this is her passion and as a patient, you feel like your success is her passion - her goal. I wish all my doctors were as incredible as Dr. Blakemore. Tears were shed when I finally was lucky enough to graduate the fertility clinic because she was so caring, compassionate, kind, dedicated - just amazing. Words cannot describe. If you're looking for a fertility doctor, you would be VERY lucky to have the chance to work with Dr. Blakemore. It was the ultimate privilege for myself and my husband and I truly believe that without her, we wouldn't be pregnant right now. She made me a better person through this process. I owe her everything and cannot thank her enough.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Blakemore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I don't feel like you need any advice from me other than to trust Dr. Blakemore. She knows what she's talking about. If you listen to her, you will be in the best hands around!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Blakemore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Although there are many patients in this clinic, the staff works as a team to make you feel special and make you feel like you're the only patient in the facility. From the way the nurses checked you in, took your blood work and answered questions to the face to face appointments with Dr. Blakemore. Dr. Blakemore always had a smile on her face, never made you feel rushed, always was honest and answered your questions to the best of her ability. I never felt like I was on a time limit, or that she wasn't available if I needed her. Twice I had to call with questions, and twice Dr. Blakemore HERSELF called me back almost right away to answer the questions and calm my nerves when my nerves needed to be calmed. I feel like she cares about each of her patients and takes her job seriously. It's not a job for her. It's a passion and she has a team around her who help support that.
Describe the protocols Jennifer Blakemore used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
For IUI, we used Clomid and Ovidrel. For both retrievals, we used Clomid. For my first retrieval, we used Menopur, Gonal F, Ovidrel and Cetritide. On my second and final retrieval, we used Gonal F, Lupron, and HCG. There may have been more but I can't remember. The change from the first to second retrieval helped us get better quality eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
From day one, Dr. Blakemore's assistant Shenetta helped me stay focused, stay calm and answered every single one of my questions - and there were a lot. The nursing team always reached out when you needed them and always gave detailed information. You never felt rushed and sometimes they even listened to me vent. They showed compassion and kindness from day one and did whatever they could to assist you and your doctor in getting you the care and information you need. Couldn't be happier with the team!
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I have no complaints at all about this clinic, aside from one appointment (which just happened to be bad luck because so many people were there lol - not in the clinics control), the appointment wait times are very reasonable (15 minutes, sometimes less than 5 minutes). The staff is kind, compassionate, caring. My only negative experience was that I am disabled and needed to use the elevator to get to the second floor and the girl at the front desk was not educated on disabilities and it was a very complicated process, where I loudly had to basically plead my case to convince her I was disabled enough for her liking to be able to use the elevator. Aside from that, everyone was amazing.
Morning monitoring was an interesting experience because while I have no complaints, there is a certain feeling of a cattle call, but very minor. It doesn't change my perception of this clinic, because it also runs as a well oiled machine. You come in, they call you back, take your blood work and then you wait in another area to be called for your ultrasound. Each time you delt with a staff member, it was very individualized, but I would have liked going from blood work, to an US room instead of another waiting area, however I understand why they do it this way. The quicker they get your blood work in, the quicker they call you with the results. The blood work takes a few minutes while ultrasounds take more time. It can feel frustrating at first, but you get the hang of it. I think theres just this feeling of being at a fertility clinic where you just want to get in, get the info and get on with your life because you don't want to become "the fertility girl" so the waiting can seem worse than it is. I usually waited 10-15 min for an ultrasound after blood work which isn't bad. Occasionally on very very busy days, I had to wait 30 minutes and maybe once or twice more but in total, you were essentially in and out in an hour - give or take 20 minutes - which I didn't mind because I got to see my doctor each time so it was blood work, ultrasound and speaking to my doctor which felt worth it to me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Blakemore at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
We were lucky to have insurance so we had copays since our deductible was met and then just the cost of the PGT testing. I know this is not the standard practice so we feel very lucky that this was our experience.
Describe Jennifer Blakemore's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I wanted to transfer two embryos but Dr. Blakemore insisted we do only one. I wasn't pleased then because I was so nervous it was going to fail, but I trusted her, because she gave me the information I needed to understand that one was the way to go. If we failed on our first transfer, we could discuss two in the future. I was very concerned with running out of insurance benefits, but in the end I am VERY happy I listed to Dr. Blakemore because I am pregnant and to me, that is a success!

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Devore set realistic expectations for us and continued to tailor our treatment plan based on the results we were getting...Dr. Devore was listening to us and giving us personalized care based on our situation (not the "standards")...She is hands on, and is very easy to get in touch with. She was always the one to call us with results...she was the only doctor who made an effort to read our entire medical record and then setup a follow up call with us where she tailored her recomendations based on our history...
NYU is a very well run and organized clinic. The scheduling for appointments was very easy. All appointments ran on time. I was always in and out of the office quickly and without stress. There are two locations you can visit for monitoring during the week which makes things convenient...All the nurses are extremely friendly and supportive....
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Devore is the best doctor I have ever had the privilege of seeing. She is compassionate and forward thinking and always had us feeling supported and listened to. After having a failed IVF cycle along with three failed embryo transfers at a previous clinic, we were starting to lose hope. Dr. Devore set realistic expectations for us and continued to tailor our treatment plan based on the results we were getting which we believe made all the difference! We did one round of IVF under her care and were successful with our first embryo transfer.
If you want a doctor who is dedicated to her patients then this is the doctor for you! She is hands on, and is very easy to get in touch with. She was always the one to call us with results (compared to some other clinics where the nurses will call), and we always heard from her the same day the results came in! There was even a time I was not able to answer my phone and she proactively called my husband on a Sunday afternoon to share results we had been waiting for. She is truly an exceptional doctor.
After using two previous fertility doctors and having a failed IVF cycle (with three failed embryo transfers) we decided to interview new clinics/doctors in search of more personalized care. We met with 4 other doctors/clinics and the moment we met with Dr. Devore we knew we were in the right hands. After our initial consult, she was the only doctor who made an effort to read our entire medical record and then setup a follow up call with us where she tailored her recomendations based on our history. At other clinics we felt as if we were just another number going through the same exact protocol as everyone else. I always felt that Dr. Devore was listening to us and giving us personalized care based on our situation (not the "standards").
After having a failed IVF cycle/three failed embryo transfers at our last clinic we were determined to setup our next cycle for success. Dr. Devore recomended PGS testing our embryos, and performing an ERA/uterine biopsy prior to transfer which I think made all the difference. She was also always thinking one step ahead. Our embryos were not the best quality so she also recommended that we transfer two at the same time (which is not the norm, and most doctors are hesitant to do). We were successful with our very first embryo transfer under her care which resulted in one healthy singleton baby.
All the nurses are extremely friendly and supportive.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Dr Devore allowed us to transfer two embryos based on our prior history, and the quality of our embryos. The transfer of two embryos resulted in one singleton birth.

2021, Successful
The nursing and administrative staff at the NYU west side location is incredible. They are always there to help answer questions, coordinate precious time, and provide you with the care you need to get through a very timely and emotional process....We much preferred the West Side location to the East, particularly when it came to working with the administrative and nursing staff. We also found that the earliest appointment slots were best for time management, especially if you work full time.
Previous to seeing Dr. Blakemore, I had gone to my obgyn for an ultrasound to inquire whether I had PCOS or not. After almost a month and a half of ignored test results and unclear communication with my obgyn, we decided to see Dr. Blakemore. From the intake process, Dr. Blakemore ruled out what I had thought was the issue of our infertility caused by my PCOS, with the larger factor of low sperm count that was contributing to our failed attempts at conceiving. From the very beginning, Dr. Blakemore helped us truly understand every detail of our options, our journey, and possible outcomes. Just as importantly, she provided us with immediate attention and care, and we never, ever felt like time was wasted. Dr. Blakemore is as compassionate as she is comprehensive, and I don’t have enough words to describe how happy we were to find her. In the end, our course of treatment was IVF, and we were successful with Dr. Blakemore after one round of retrievals and one transfer. We have four additional healthy embryos frozen from this round as well. We always felt like we were in the best hands possible with her as our doctor, and I am so glad she will be there for us in the future.
Dr. Blakemore is the most caring doctor we’ve ever been to. At a time when our emotions were running high from many uncertainties, Dr. Blakemore never treated us like we were one of many. She was always there to answer questions and concerns, and provided direct information with kindness and compassion.
IVF with ICSI
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The nursing and administrative staff at the NYU west side location is incredible. They are always there to help answer questions, coordinate precious time, and provide you with the care you need to get through a very timely and emotional process. We are still in contact with the staff that were part of our fertility journey at the west side location, and miss them constantly! We wish they could have been a part of our entire pregnancy journey as well.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
We much preferred the West Side location to the East, particularly when it came to working with the administrative and nursing staff. We also found that the earliest appointment slots were best for time management, especially if you work full time. Overall, both locations provided us with positive experiences.
fully covered through insurance aside from PGA-T testing

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Grifo spent a lot of time explaining, in blunt terms, the chances of a successful IVF given my age. (We are a same-sex couple, so IVF was our only option really to conceive). He explained the process and the protocol he'd use at our initial consultation. After that, we didn't see Dr. Grifo again — patients at NYU Fertility will see other doctors during monitoring and for procedures, which makes you feel more like a number than a patient of one specific doctor. It's also unclear if the doctor personally reviews monitoring results and makes decisions or if the doctor you see during monitoring is making decisions about next steps. That was never clear to me.
during monitoring [at NYU Langone Fertility Center] you may see a different nurse as there are multiple women waiting each morning. You'd get a quick blood draw and they would review instructions for drugs etc., This was when you had a chance to ask any questions. They would call in the afternoon with instructions based on your blood results...There's a $4,600 fee that you have to pay up front to cover biopsies. After you're done at the clinic, you get a refund for any unused funds. It took me MONTHS to get the refund and had to repeatedly follow up in order to get any update...
How was your experience with James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
If you want to speak to Dr. Grifo you should push for that. Otherwise, you will only ever deal his assistants and with other doctors and nurses you see along the way.
I went to Dr. Grifo because he came highly recommended from another friend/patient. He obviously knows what he's doing and has tons and tons of experience however, apart from our initial consultations and video calls with Dr. Grifo after the first failed cycle, we never had any interactions with him. I saw a different doctor or fellow during monitoring and Dr. DeVore did my transfers both times. I'm also not entirely sure my monitoring data was ever personally reviewed by Grifo to determine course of action.
On our first cycle, I was on 300 of Gonal F and 150 of Menopur and Clomid, Cetrotide and a combo of Ovidrel and Lupron for the trigger shot. This resulted in 6 eggs being retrieved, 4 of which were successfully fertilized using ICSI, 2 were biopsied, there were no viable embryos first cycle. Second cycle, I took Lupron from the start and alternated between Gonal F and Menopur starting on the 4th day. Ovidrel for the trigger shot, 6 eggs retrieved, 4 embryos, 4 biopsied, 1 healthy embryo, 1 segmented-mosaic. The healthy embryo resulted in a baby girl!
during monitoring you may see a different nurse as there are multiple women waiting each morning. You'd get a quick blood draw and they would review instructions for drugs etc., This was when you had a chance to ask any questions. They would call in the afternoon with instructions based on your blood results. They were all friendly, some more than others, but no complaints.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The waiting room is nice and open and the check in process was organized. Sometimes, they'd not call you in in the order you arrived, so after waiting a very long time I would go to the back to check in. This only happened once or twice otherwise I was called in quickly on most days.
There's a $4,600 fee that you have to pay up front to cover biopsies. After you're done at the clinic, you get a refund for any unused funds. It took me MONTHS to get the refund and had to repeatedly follow up in order to get any update. It was not easy to get the refund and if I hadn't persisted I don't think I would have seen the money.
I trusted and agreed with Dr. Grifo's advice that we should only transfer a single embryo and that's what we did.

2021, Successful
I was a patient of Dr.DeVore for about a year. It took some time on my end to make the jump from consultation to a successful embryo transfer. As I navigated through elements on my end, she was supportive and never rushed my process...Dr.DeVore's treatment strategy for me yielded four viable embryos after PGT testing and a successful transfer :).
NYU is a well oiled machine. It can get busy and sometimes there can be a wait for morning monitoring but I saw that as a positive- a lot of people choose this clinic for a reason. Try to go as early as possible for monitoring but be patient. No matter what you are in good hands. Also when I had to call for clarification or trouble shooting for any of the medications, the nurses always called me back quickly.
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I was a patient of Dr.DeVore for about a year. It took some time on my end to make the jump from consultation to a successful embryo transfer. As I navigated through elements on my end, she was supportive and never rushed my process. When we started treatments she was always honest about what to expect and when any concerns crept up she was able to alleviate them- often by just reminding me to focus on the end game and the facts (but also reminding me its ok to cry and be emotional which I appreciated). An example of this is when i was waiting for my PGT testing to be completed after my egg retrieval and it was suggested that i do another round of IVF. i had not thought about this and got a little emotional over the thought doing another round. I remember crying on the phone and being embarrassed about this. Dr.DeVore talked to me like a friend but also a dr, telling me that I had some time to make a decision and to take that time to think it through.
Pick Dr.DeVore to be your dr and trust her. She has great gut instincts.
Dr.DeVore is incredible. She made it clear that we were partners in this and together we would figure out the best path forward. She called me personally to share any important news and always had candid conversations with me. Dr.DeVore (and her team) never rushed me out of the room or off the phone and always made me feel calm and in control of what was going on, which is pretty amazing considering there is so much in this process which is really not in my control at all.
I don't remember the exact protocols but it mirrored closely the sample schedule and protocols that were provided in earlier consultations. Dr.DeVore's treatment strategy for me yielded four viable embryos after PGT testing and a successful transfer :).
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Emily Hawkins- patient coordinator )
I loved the entire team- both Dr. DeVore's team and at the fertility clinic. Some of my logistics felt complicated and time sensitive at times and Emily was so great about responding quickly and helping me anticipate any obstacles- and reassuring me that everything was going smoothly. I also really appreciated the insurance team which always helped me and were empathic throughout. All the nurses were supportive and helpful along the way as well, answering any and all questions about injections , timing of things, etc.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
All procedures and monitoring was covered but the specific type of insurance I have didn't cover meds. PGT testing wasn't covered either.
2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Blakemore explained the entire process from the start to the end. She made sure we understood all the risks, benefits, and alternatives of each procedure. She frequently asked if we had any questions throughout each encounter. She made us feel empowered by letting us chose educated decisions regarding our treatments...She was very thorough during our fertility work-up/evaluation...
The nursing staff [at NYU Langone] we absolutely detailed and organized. They were very knowledgeable. Also very kind and patient which is important...Ease of access (1st ave and west side). Entire team was wonderful. Not exactly weakness, but sometimes you will have different nurse and providers for some appointments (not a weakness again, each staff is well updated with your case and history)...
Dr. Jennifer Blakemore is truly a gem of a physician! She is an intelligent doctor with an absolutely wonderful heart. My husband and I are very grateful to Dr. Blakemore and her team for helping us build a family. She made us feel that we belonged to the right place the moment from time of our initial consultation. She was very thorough during our fertility work-up/evaluation. She made sure that my husband and I understood each process and progression of each treatment. I felt truly comfortable and at ease during each procedure. She was always on top of my test results especially during my daily monitoring for my retrievals. She gave us a true sense of hope in this complex world of infertility. We will be forever grateful to her care. We strongly recommend Dr. Blakemore for any future fertility patients.
Always ask questions! She would love to answer them!
Ovulation induction with Letrozole x 2. IUI with letrozole x1 Egg retrieval FET
The nursing staff we absolutely detailed and organized. They were very knowledgeable. Also very kind and patient which is important!
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
My insurance paid for majority of our treatments but in overall out-of-pocket costs, we spent about $12,000 for including co-pay, PGT-A, embryo biopsy, and medications.

Investment Banker
Dr. Grifo does a great job about running through the statistical odds of pregnancy success while also maintaining a level of compassion / acted as a quasi therapist during my treatments. He is well respected in the industry and I feel comfortable in his care. ... Dr. grifo was extremely compassionate when we experienced a loss due to ectopic pregnancy as a result of a round of IUI. He was always available if we needed to talk.
This clinic [NYU] has a long history of positive results and while you might not see your doctor for the iui / monitoring process, they have a very well regarded team and I still felt comfortable being in trusted hands. Sometimes you feel like a number while going through the process but I think it’s somewhat a reflection of how busy they are / the number of cases they have seen / they have had a lot of success.
How was your experience with James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Stay organized and don’t be afraid to speak up if you want to try something and ask for his honest opinion on it. While doctors can do their best to give their most educated advice, they are not psychics and part of figuring out which treatment to move forward with is in part a personal choice.
Dr. grifo was extremely compassionate when we experienced a loss due to ectopic pregnancy as a result of a round of IUI. He was always available if we needed to talk. The office itself is run like a very well oiled machine. Morning monitoring makes you feel like a number - but at the same time I am thankful they are efficient and I am in and out of there in the mornings before work.
We have done 4 IUI cycles which included clomid for 5 days, a ovidrel trigger shot and a IUI.
The nursing staff was always so nice and friendly. Sometimes can be a bit unorganized but only on minor things.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
This clinic has a long history of positive results and while you might not see your doctor for the iui / monitoring process, they have a very well regarded team and I still felt comfortable being in trusted hands. Sometimes you feel like a number while going through the process but I think it’s somewhat a reflection of how busy they are / the number of cases they have seen / they have had a lot of success.
All IUI costs were covered by insurance
Dr. grifo strongly urges for a single embryo transfer
NY - 1st Ave

Dr. Wertz is blunt, she provides accurate information and explains things clearly, giving me options to choose. I like that. ... Dr. Wertz is direct and clear, she provides options and leaves it up to me to decide. I like it, because with unexplained infertility there is no one answer, no one solution and personal instincts and statistical numbers are the only two things to rely on. I had a polyp removal with Dr. Wertz, she mastered it perfectly. She didn't give me false illusions that this will solve my problem and it didn't.
Human error may always happen and it's normal. I rarely have to wait too long [at NYU], my insurance approval processes and billing is handled well. I had no surprises or miscommunications so far. ... The IVF coordinator I got in touch with is rarely available, never picks up and appears overwhelmed. But the good thing is that all of them have access to information and know what's going on.
Dr. Wertz is direct and clear, she provides options and leaves it up to me to decide. I like it, because with unexplained infertility there is no one answer, no one solution and personal instincts and statistical numbers are the only two things to rely on. I had a polyp removal with Dr. Wertz, she mastered it perfectly. She didn't give me false illusions that this will solve my problem and it didn't. I had 3 IUIs and, again, I new the numbers and understood that chances are not very high. Even though I did have hopes, still my heart didn't break when this didn't work. I appreciated doctor's manner and support during this time, it helped me stay strong and avoid emotional rollercoaster.
Prepare to listen and make decisions. You come to doctor for a solution, not for compassion.
I, personally, am not very sensitive or sentimental about my infertility and don't expect (and actually dislike) compassion or pity from a medical staff. I like to overcome difficulties with a sense of humor and stay realistic and optimistic. Dr. Wertz is blunt, she provides accurate information and explains things clearly, giving me options to choose. I like that.
My IVF treatment should start after the pandemic, hopefully, so I have nothing to say on that front. I did 3 IUIs and too Clomid. I responded well to it and had 2-4 eggs each cycle. I decided to cancel 4 egg cycle, even though the doctor didn't insist on cancelling. I didn't want to take the risk.
I absolutely love Dr. Wertz's assistant Sarnia. She's the best! Organized, on top of everything, just a great person and professional. Otherwise, there're a lot of nurses in a process, sometimes it seems as too much. I can't remember everyone's name and phone and duty. The IVF coordinator I got in touch with is rarely available, never picks up and appears overwhelmed. But the good thing is that all of them have access to information and know what's going on.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I didn't go through full IVF process yet, due to pandemic, but overall it seems to be organized. Human error may always happen and it's normal. I rarely have to wait too long, my insurance approval processes and billing is handled well. I had no surprises or miscommunications so far.
My insurance covered IUI and I had to pay copays for ultrasound and insemination itself, $50 each. So in total I paid $300 for 3 cycles of IUI. IVF should also be covered, however genetic screening is not covered and will cost me over $4000 (up to 10 embryos, I may get reimbursement if less than 10), plus $300 for each embryo tested in a lab. I also decided to freeze good embryos, for future use, so this will be additional $7000 or more. I won't be surprised if any other charges will come up.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I have thyroid issues and a thyroid test got lost in translation somehow. As we were at the beginning of pandemic at that time, I simply ordered one from Quest Diagnostics near my house, so no big deal. The results were abnormal so I started taking my medication as usual and should be fine by the start of IVF. I consider it's a minor issue.
NY - Westside

Dr. Devore is one of the most thoughtful and kind doctors and people I've ever met. After losing our daughter at 2 days old (born full term), my husband and I suffered infertility for over a year caused by complications at delivery. Upon meeting us, Dr. Devore was well read on our case and immediately empathetic and sensitive to the many emotions we were feeling. She continued to be this amazing throughout the course of our treatment. We've met many doctors but none as special as her.
The nursing staff [at NYU Langone Fertility Center] was excellent. They were friendly and made me feel comfortable. They also helped provide hope on days that I wasn't feeling too positive. I would never have to question what my IVF dosage would be because they'd call as soon as they received my bloodwork...The clinic is clean, organized, friendly, empathetic, knowledgeable and flexible. They were also very responsive and easy to get a hold of. If I could not see Dr. Devore, the other attending doctor was always up to speed on my situation.
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
My husband and I tragically lost our daughter who was born full term at 2 days old. I then suffered complications caused by placenta accreta which caused infertility for almost 2 years. Upon meeting Dr. DeVore, she was incredibly empathetic, kind, sensitive and she developed a plan of action. The thought of more surgeries or beginning fertility treatments after our loss was incomprehensible to me. But Dr. DeVore helped me through it both physically and emotionally. I had two hysteroscopys to remove scar tissue and then we began fertility pills and IUI. We ultimately decided to do IVF and Dr. DeVore was amazing and kept us informed and comfortable every step of the way. We now have many healthy embroys and have decided to use a gestational carrier due to health concerns for me to carry another pregnancy. We believe we will have healthy children and we don't think that would have been possible without Dr. DeVore. She has become one of the most special people in our lives.
Trust her because she cares and has put a lot of thought into her plans.
Dr. Devore monitored me very closely and often had me come in more than normal just to make sure my blood/hormone levels and ultrasounds were on track. She made adjustments when necessary. The biggest concern was getting my lining thicker so each month she would try a different method so that she had 'data points.' It also gave her a good idea of what my dosages should be for IVF.
The nursing staff was excellent. They were friendly and made me feel comfortable. They also helped provide hope on days that I wasn't feeling too positive. I would never have to question what my IVF dosage would be because they'd call as soon as they received my bloodwork.
NY - 1st Ave

If you want a doctor who will personalize your care, think outside the box, and truly support you through this process...When I was her patient, I felt like I was receiving the highest quality care with the best possible bedside manner. I fully trust her and would highly recommend anyone I know to her. She advocated for me, consulted other doctors when necessary, and really thought outside the box to try and help us be successful. Everyone deserves a doctor like Dr. DeVore.
Pros [at NYU Langone Fertility Center]: great Drs like Dr. Devore and Dr. Fino; because it's smaller than other practices you have a higher likelihood of being able to see your doctor more regularly than other clinics. Cons: nurses can lack empathy, in part because they are so busy...IUI, MRI (adenomyosis), Receptiva (endometriosis)...cannot recommend Dr. DeVore highly enough. Dr. DeVore has ruined me for other doctors - she is smart, thoughtful, detailed, and incredibly caring. At each step of our journey together, I felt like I had a partner in her who was thinking about my case as much as I was - she never made me feel rushed, she answered (and anticipated) my questions and concerns, and made sure I understood all of the details - because she knew it would help put my mind at ease. If you want a doctor who will personalize your care, think outside the box, and truly support you through this process - Dr. DeVore is it!
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. DeVore was my doctor through one of my IUI cycles. When I was her patient, I felt like I was receiving the highest quality care with the best possible bedside manner. I fully trust her and would highly recommend anyone I know to her. She advocated for me, consulted other doctors when necessary, and really thought outside the box to try and help us be successful. Everyone deserves a doctor like Dr. DeVore.
Even if you think you've explored all of the options - go see her. She'll surprise you with her ability and interest in looking at your case from all sides and with open mind, an honest opinion, and research to back it up. Really - she's wonderful.
I cannot recommend Dr. DeVore highly enough. Dr. DeVore has ruined me for other doctors - she is smart, thoughtful, detailed, and incredibly caring. At each step of our journey together, I felt like I had a partner in her who was thinking about my case as much as I was - she never made me feel rushed, she answered (and anticipated) my questions and concerns, and made sure I understood all of the details - because she knew it would help put my mind at ease. If you want a doctor who will personalize your care, think outside the box, and truly support you through this process - Dr. DeVore is it!
IUI, MRI (adenomyosis), Receptiva (endometriosis)
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Pros: great Drs like Dr. Devore and Dr. Fino; because it's smaller than other practices you have a higher likelihood of being able to see your doctor more regularly than other clinics. Cons: nurses can lack empathy, in part because they are so busy.
We haven't done IVF with Dr. DeVore

2020, Unknown Success
Dr. DeVore was amazing. This was a very hard process for me emotionally and she was always there for me...egg freezing was very personal and something I didn’t necessarily want to do. Dr. Devore was very compassionate during my journey. I had a lot of concerns both with my intended results and costs as I was paying out of pocket. Dr. DeVore listened to all of my concerns as well as my extensive list of questions that seemed to get longer every day...
NYU seems like a well oiled machine. There are longer waits the later in the morning you go. I would recommend early appointments. I felt it was easier/ more convenient to get information over the phone...There are a lot of women going through this, which means there are a lot of nurses. Some are better than others. Some treat you like a number vs. a human...whenever I called or had questions I was reassured by whoever called me back - and I called very often. Sometimes it was hard to get through though...
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I had my surgery 2 hours ago and already recommended Dr. DeVore to one of my best friends. For me, egg freezing was very personal and something I didn’t necessarily want to do. Dr. Devore was very compassionate during my journey. I had a lot of concerns both with my intended results and costs as I was paying out of pocket. Dr. DeVore listened to all of my concerns as well as my extensive list of questions that seemed to get longer every day. I couldn’t imagine doing this without her.
It is a little overwhelming to see how many woman are going through fertility treatments. At times during morning monitoring, it is hard not to feel like just a number. But Dr. DeVore was amazing. This was a very hard process for me emotionally and she was always there for me. I talked to her often on the phone and she did her best to make herself available when I had appointments.
There are a lot of women going through this, which means there are a lot of nurses. Some are better than others. Some treat you like a number vs. a human. But all that mattered to me was that Dr. DeVore didn’t. For the most part, whenever I called or had questions I was reassured by whoever called me back - and I called very often. Sometimes it was hard to get through though.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
NYU seems like a well oiled machine. There are longer waits the later in the morning you go. I would recommend early appointments. I felt it was easier/ more convenient to get information over the phone. They also have an app that isn’t necessarily the most helpful- I could never see the messages that were sent to me on the app and would have to log in on my laptop.
I paid all out of pocket. The procedure was 9200 and my medications cost about 5000. Anesthesia was 1050. The initial consult was 550 + 450 for a telemedicine call.
NY - 1st Ave

My injection protocol did not change too much over the course of my cycle; my body responded just as Dr. DeVore had predicted and we were able to retrieve 12 eggs on the 13th day...She was very focused, articulate and compassionate in our in-person interactions. In addition to her medical pedigree and level of consummate care, I thought she was refreshingly honest and very positive and encouraging. It was a joy to work with her and her team at NYU.
At NYU, your first cycle is currently $9200 which includes the first year of cryostorage (billed at $1000/yr thereafter). Eggs are retrieved and stored onsite; they never leave the building unless you file paperwork for an elective transfer...As a patient, even if you are working with an excellent provider, you must be an advocate for yourself to ensure you are not lost in the shuffle. You will meet and speak with so many nurses, administrative professionals, billing representatives et. al. along the way and there is a bound to be at least one individual whose communication style does not align with yours or who seems a bit stressed or rushed that day. Know that you are in control and that you can always call the Main Office number to request a nurse or admin callback. Whenever I asked for clarification
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. DeVore was the second endocrinologist whom I interviewed for an elective egg freezing cycle as a single woman. I wanted to take the time to research and to vet my options before embarking on an emotional and physically challenging process with a significant financial investment attached. I liked her immediately and I found her to be very grounded, refreshing and reassuring. We discussed NYU's clinical success rate of autologous live births (resulting from the donor's own eggs) and the pros and cons of other practices. She outlined the process, expectations and next steps for me with great efficiency and clarity and she fully introduced me to her Patient Coordinator and billing team for separate consultations onsite before I left so I had enough information in hand to commit to the practice. I also appreciated that Dr. DeVore is approximately my age and, as such, I felt that I was confiding in a peer who never talked down to me nor judged me. I felt such warmth and presence from her. As a patient, I felt that I had an empathetic cheerleader who was encouraging me while also expertly piloting my medical journey. On our first consultation, she accurately predicted the number of eggs which were ultimately retrieved. When I saw her for 2 of my 5 morning monitoring sessions, she was spot on with her predictions for my prescription adjustments and the days I would ultimately wind up administering my trigger shots and scheduling retrieval. Dr. DeVore continuously managed my expectations. As with any busy clinic, NYU has its share of administrative hiccups. For one of my morning monitoring sessions, the RN accidentally released me after taking bloodwork but before Dr. DeVore was able to see me for my scheduled ultrasound. By the time I had exited the elevator and was standing outside on the sidewalk , Dr. DeVore called me personally to profusely apologize for the miscommunication and to ask if I was able to pop upstairs again to meet with her. It was not a major grievance to me at all, but I appreciated that she accepted accountability and graciously apologized again in person, admitting that it was NYU's fault and not on me as the patient. Dr. DeVore is a class act!
Meet with her. You will really love her, and I hope you too benefit from her level of care, expertise and compassion.
Dr. DeVore is a dream. She was very focused, articulate and compassionate in our in-person interactions. In addition to her medical pedigree and level of consummate care, I thought she was refreshingly honest and very positive and encouraging. It was a joy to work with her and her team at NYU.
I had a pretty straightforward stims process: 300IU Follistim and 150IU Menopur daily before Ganirelix was introduced followed by Ovidrel and Lupron for the triggers. My cycle spanned 13 days which included 6 blood draws, 4 ultrasounds and a COVID-19 nasal swab test which is mandatory for all NYU procedures requiring anesthesia. My injection protocol did not change too much over the course of my cycle; my body responded just as Dr. DeVore had predicted and we were able to retrieve 12 eggs on the 13th day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kimown Peters, Patient Coordinator)
I elected to freeze my eggs during the COVID-19 quarantine in NYC which was a naturally inconvenient (and perhaps anxiety-riddled) time for all involved. This added in some complications to the process i.e. morning monitoring sessions were scheduled (not drop-in); partners and escorts were prohibited from waiting rooms; patients were required to complete COVID-19 nasal swab tests within 5 days of surgery; and patient orientation was a WebEx webinar in lieu of an in-person forum. In spite of these complications, I really enjoyed the entire NYU Langone team including Kimown Peters, my Patient Coordinator; Haley Penny, the Health Educator and licensed social worker who led a socially distant virtual patient orientation (in lieu of a more intimate and traditional in-person orientation); Jean-Ann McKiernan, the RN who explained trigger shots to me; and Taylor and Alyssa, two of the RNs at the main East side location who administered expert and personable care.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Off all of the fertility centers located in NYC, NYU Langone has the longest history and thus some of the best longitudinal data and success rates. On the recommendation of my friends who have also relied on assisted reproductive technology, I took my time to thoroughly research, vet and interview multiple practitioners and clinics. An acquaintance recommended NYU Langone to me because, like me, she went through an elective egg freezing process as a single woman (years before she met her now-husband). I appreciated that she had a positive experience as a single woman navigating the process. It may be important to note that NYU practices a "doctor of the day" rotation when it comes to morning monitoring and to surgical procedures. Dr. Devore oversaw my medical protocol and she reviewed my results daily but I met with her in person 3 times (1 consultation, 2 ultrasounds). NYU has 8 doctors on staff and I met 3 others across the NoMad satellite and East side main locations. I enjoyed all 4 of the doctors whom I met and I always felt that I was receiving expert care. NYU is a bit of a beast. As a patient, even if you are working with an excellent provider, you must be an advocate for yourself to ensure you are not lost in the shuffle. You will meet and speak with so many nurses, administrative professionals, billing representatives et. al. along the way and there is a bound to be at least one individual whose communication style does not align with yours or who seems a bit stressed or rushed that day. Know that you are in control and that you can always call the Main Office number to request a nurse or admin callback. Whenever I asked for clarification or more help, someone always passed the message along and I received a prompt callback. You are already so brave for going through this process...don't be ashamed to be assertive, too!
Under my Aetna insurance, I was largely a self-pay patient. Insurance helped to defray my initial consultation ($50 specialist copay) and bloodwork costs but the cycle, anesthesia administration and prescriptions were 100% out-of-pocket. At NYU, your first cycle is currently $9200 which includes the first year of cryostorage (billed at $1000/yr thereafter). Eggs are retrieved and stored onsite; they never leave the building unless you file paperwork for an elective transfer. Anesthesia is an additional $1050, billed separately. I applied for a ReUnite Assist discount (a simple online application) and I received a 20% discount off Follistim and Ganirelix within 24 hours. Even then, out-of-pocket, my prescriptions amounted to nearly $5700. All in, factoring some additional copays to other doctors and fees for elective genetic carrier screening testing, my total investment has been $16k+ before the cost of annual cryostorage and (perhaps) eventual IVF is factored in. It has been a significant financial investment but I am happy with the outcome and the level of care administered.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
(See my above notes...I think that admin mistakes are bound to happen at a clinic of this size, but they never detrimentally impacted my treatment.)
NY - Westside

We agreed to undergo 3 IUI cycles [with Dr. DeVore] and then IVF if IUI's were not successful...treated me as a human during the entire duration of my treatment. She spent time to ensure she understands the problems we faced and she explained to us all the next steps required to proceed with IUI treatments...She took time to answer all our questions in detail, followed up with us when clarity was needed on test results and most importantly helped us get pregnant within the first IUI cycle. Her ovulation induction nurse Carol was great as well. She performed the IUI and has great bedside manners.
the clinic [NYU Langone Fertility Center] is well located in NYC. The Fertility center on 5th FL is spacious, clean and well run by administrators and nurses. The facility on the west side is also new, modern and well organized and run by support staff. Both facilities were clean and I felt well taken care of during my visits and treatment...team of coordinators and nurses were also very transparent and kept us informed all the time about testing results, upcoming meetings and follow-ups
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Devore is a caring and excellent professional. She took time to answer all our questions in detail, followed up with us when clarity was needed on test results and most importantly helped us get pregnant within the first IUI cycle. Her ovulation induction nurse Carol was great as well. She performed the IUI and has great bedside manners. Dr. Devore's assistant Christine is also great. she was very receptive and promptly answered all our questions. When we had questions for the doctor she would quickly convey the message to the doctor and we'd receive a call back shortly from the team with an answer. The NYU langone Fertility center staff was also great. everyone was courteous and prompt. I never had to wait more than 5 minutes to be seen. Overall we had a great experience and we'd go back to Dr. Devore and her team to help us conceive again. Highly recommend them to anyone having difficulty getting pregnant.
understand the procedure recommended, the medication prescribed and ask lots of questions if additional clarity is required.
Dr. Devore treated me as a human during the entire duration of my treatment. She spent time to ensure she understands the problems we faced and she explained to us all the next steps required to proceed with IUI treatments. She recommended we undergo 3 IUI treatments and then IVF is IUI unsuccessful.Her team of coordinators and nurses were also very transparent and kept us informed all the time about testing results, upcoming meetings and follow-ups
We agreed to undergo 3 IUI cycles and then IVF if IUI's were not successful. We prepared for and got through the first IUI cycle and 2 weeks later I found out I was pregnant. As soon as I tested positive I went to the office to get a blood test confirmation. The team also measured my HCG level. A week later I went for another blood test and my HCG level was measured again. The 2 weeks later I was scheduled for the first ultrasound at 6 weeks and 5 days. we heard the heartbeat and saw our baby for the very first time. Dr. Devore confirmed all my measurement look great and she recommended a list of OB's to start seeing for the rest of my pregnancy and delivery
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Carol)
Carol and the entire team were great, receptive and great communicators.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
the clinic is well located in NYC. The Fertility center on 5th FL is spacious, clean and well run by administrators and nurses. The facility on the west side is also new, modern and well organized and run by support staff. Both facilities were clean and I felt well taken care of during my visits and treatment.
doctor's fees, ultrasound fees, blood test fees and facility fees
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
a day before the IUI we went in for an ultrasound to ensure I was ready. the nurse/doctor who performed the ultrasound told me I am ready for the procedure the next day. A few hours later Dr. Devore called to clarify that I was not ready and that we'll need to take hormones one more day and then come back for an ultrasound to confirm readiness.
NY - 1st Ave

My treatment [with Dr. Devore] was an IUI with Clomid. I previously completed an IVF cycle at another clinic where I was on the maximum dose of meds. I was a poor responder with only one egg retrieved...Dr. Devore suggested we try the IUI and Clomid because poor responders can sometimes do well with a lighter protocol. That was the case for me and I’m currently 10 and a half weeks pregnant thanks to Dr. Devore’s guidance.
I really appreciated how experienced and patient the nurses were at NYU. They took time to answer questions without making me feel rushed or silly for asking them. When I had concerns or was nervous about something, they helped me be less cowries. I also received calls back quickly. I did not have this experience at the fertility clinic where I was a patient. The nurse who did my IUI has 25 years of experience and I’m sure that contributed to the success of the procedure!
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
After a frustrating experience with another fertility clinic, we are very lucky that we found Dr. Devore. She took the time to listen to my past experiences and evaluated what would be best for my goals based on past fertility treatments. She took time to think through all options rather than prescribing one of the standard IVF protocols. I really appreciate that she took time to call me with updates and to explain processes.
Dr. Devore takes the time to evaluate your individual needs and is very thoughtful about what protocol would be best for your situation. She took time to look at my medical records and history closely and was very collaborative about determining next steps together.
My treatment was an IUI with Clomid. I previously completed an IVF cycle at another clinic where I was on the maximum dose of meds. I was a poor responder with only one egg retrieved. That egg made it to six days, but was a poor quality blastocyst. In the month I was planning to wait before another IVF cycle, Dr. Devore suggested we try the IUI and Clomid because poor responders can sometimes do well with a lighter protocol. That was the case for me and I’m currently 10 and a half weeks pregnant thanks to Dr. Devore’s guidance.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The team at NYU is collaborative and professional. The front desk staff always made me feel welcomed and supported. I think the value is good for the service compared to other clinics of a similar level.
I had to pay out of pocket for my IUI and the associated monitoring. It was about $3,000 combined. I believe the IUI alone was $500.

2020, Consult
she [Dr. Brooke Hodes-Wertz] was nonjudgmental when I shared some things with her. She is truly a total package of knowledge, honesty and warm spirit...She was very honest with me given my age and findings, but she was extremely encouraging and compassionate. At one point, I got a little emotional and she stopped the consultation to ask what was coming up for me at that very moment and when I explained why I was emotional, she gave me very inspiring and encouraging words
She [medical secretary] called me the day after I requested an appointment and spoke with me for over an hour to give me information, answer any and all questions and just truly taking the time to put me at ease. I felt like I knew her forever. It was definitely the great start that I needed. She even took the time to check up on me before my appointment just to make sure I was ok. Next is Ydelis Santana, Senior Medical Assistant. On the day of my meeting with Dr. Hodes-Wertz, I also had to do a basic exam and have more blood drawn. She could tell I was nervous during my exam. Without me saying a word to her, she began giving me kind words and calming me down. I definitely appreciated her compassion in that moment. Then Kimown Peters, Coordinator. Like, Sarnia, by the end of our time together in
Dr. Hodes-Wertz was truly amazing. First and foremost, she is extremely personable. She genuinely took an interest in me before even starting the reason for the visit. Once the appointment started, she was extremely communicative and thorough about test results and how to proceed. She was very thorough in what she felt are my best options. She was very honest about everything given my age and findings while being extremely optimistic. She was also very kind and compassionate. When I became emotional at one point, she stopped the consultation to ask me what was coming up for me in that moment and when I explained, she gave me very inspiring and encouraging words. She definitely renewed my faith in becoming mother. She is truly the total package of knowledge, honesty and heart.
Just relax because you'll be in great hands with Dr. Hodes-Wertz and her entire staff.
It was my first meeting with Dr. Hodes-Wertz and I must say she was amazing. She was very honest with me given my age and findings, but she was extremely encouraging and compassionate. At one point, I got a little emotional and she stopped the consultation to ask what was coming up for me at that very moment and when I explained why I was emotional, she gave me very inspiring and encouraging words. And I super appreciate that she was nonjudgmental when I shared some things with her. She is truly a total package of knowledge, honesty and warm spirit.
This was only my first meeting with Dr. Hodes-Wertz to go over the results of my blood work and how to proceed. No treatment strategies or protocols have been administered at this time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Sarnia Skippings and Kimown Peters)
I can't say enough amazing things about Dr. Hodes-Wertz entire staff. From the receptionists to the nurses; EVERYONE is amazing!! Firstly, Sarnia Skippings, Dr. Hodes-Wertz's Sr. Medical Secretary...such an angel. She was my first point of contact. She called me the day after I requested an appointment and spoke with me for over an hour to give me information, answer any and all questions and just truly taking the time to put me at ease. I felt like I knew her forever. It was definitely the great start that I needed. She even took the time to check up on me before my appointment just to make sure I was ok. Next is Ydelis Santana, Senior Medical Assistant. On the day of my meeting with Dr. Hodes-Wertz, I also had to do a basic exam and have more blood drawn. She could tell I was nervous during my exam. Without me saying a word to her, she began giving me kind words and calming me down. I definitely appreciated her compassion in that moment. Then Kimown Peters, Coordinator. Like, Sarnia, by the end of our time together in office after my meeting with Dr. Hodes-Wertz, I felt like I knew her forever. She was extremely kind and compassionate. I especially appreciated the laughs that we shared. She gave me a lot of information on the what to expect with the next steps and didn't make me feel pressured to make any on the spot decisions. She and Sarnia have a very keen knack for making you feel very welcomed and at ease. I came encounter with other staff members that I, unfortunately, forgot their names or didn't get their names, but every single person in Dr. Hodes-Wertz's office truly makes for a Dream Team staff.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I honestly can't think of any weaknesses. Dr. Hodes-Wertz and her staff are thorough communicators and very kind. The clinic is extremely top knotch from the space to the cleanliness to the equipment. Even the waiting area was set up for social distancing with clear markings on where to sit and not to sit. Before you can even go into the waiting area, they take your temperature with a forehead thermometer to ensure there are no fevers. Both my initial blood work appointment and my actual appointment with Dr. Hodes-Wertz were prompt; no waiting. To date, from the start, my experience has been stellar.
Anyone knows that fertility treatment is expensive. There is just no way around it. So I'm not surprised by the list of costs that were outlined for me. Given I have friends who have gone through this or similar, I walked in knowing what to expect.
NY - Westside

Dr. Blakemore is amazing! She is compassionate, detailed oriented, keeps me updated every step of the way. We discussed realistically what our goals are and made plans accordingly. I never felt lost and always knew she had a plan two steps ahead...Dr. Blakemore and her nurse made an effort to come in early to do my morning monitoring at the NoMad office...Selective single embryo transfer, we transferred day 5 PGS tested embryo
NYU is a very busy center. They are efficient but wait times at the main center can be long in the morning. All the major procedures take place at the main facility. The staff is well coordinated and experienced. I did most of my monitoring at their NoMad office during the week and found it to be much easier. The billing office is a little challenging to get a hold off... it is also an experience facility that is outcome driven and excellent at what they do
Dr. Blakemore is amazing! She is compassionate, detailed oriented, keeps me updated every step of the way. We discussed realistically what our goals are and made plans accordingly. I never felt lost and always knew she had a plan two steps ahead. IVF is not an easy process, full of ups and downs. Somethings are just not within anyone's control, Dr. Blakemore made the process that much easier for us. I am a physician who works very early morning hours, Dr. Blakemore and her nurse made an effort to come in early to do my morning monitoring at the NoMad office. That helped me tremendously, it allowed me to get to the hospital on time and take care of my own patients.
Trust her, be realistically about your goals, and be patient. IVF is difficult road with many ups and down.
NYU is a busy facility that can be overwhelming. The upside is, it is also an experience facility that is outcome driven and excellent at what they do. I got recommendation from a friend that works at the center for Dr. Blakemore. I actually transferred care from another provider in the same practice in the middle of a retrieval process because I felt like I was getting lost in the process. The best decision I have made!
We would like to have 2 kids, so we did multiple rounds of egg retrievals to have couple of PGS tested embryos to account for rate of success with each transfer. While we got a fair number of eggs each round, not many made it day 5, and even less made it through genetic testing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shenetta Walker)
We are so thankful for have met Shenetta! She is organized, she came in early to do my blood work for all of my monitoring sessions. She had everything setup before I got there at 6:30am. If I had any question, I knew I could email her and she would get back to me with answers or connect me with the right person.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
It was mostly covered by insurance. Out of pocket included storage, genetic testing, and meds.
Selective single embryo transfer, we transferred day 5 PGS tested embryo.
NY - Westside

Dr. DeVore is incredibly empathetic. She treated me always like I was extremely important, my concerns were always valid and there was no question too simple or complicated that she wouldn’t answer...impressively intelligent and knowledgeable. She clearly is up to date on the gold standards with regard to REI and all the most up to date treatments and recommendations...told me very honestly that she would recommend IVF rather than try IUI several more times as she was confident that would yield us better results....
All of the staff [at NYU Langone Fertility Center] were excellent. They clearly know they work in a field where patients are anxious, stressed and emotional. They all show compassion and understanding that this is a difficult time to navigate...The offices are also open 7 days a week. The offices also have an operating room on site so that travel to multiple sites is never required...ease at which to obtain appointments - flexibility for those who need it for work
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. DeVore was incredible to work with. Approaching infertility for any reason is a stressful and emotional experience. She always made me feel as though she would be with me every step of the way and would always be honest with her recommendations and thoughts. I would recommend her (and already have) to any patient looking for the perfect doctor to help navigate through the intricacies of infertility. I never once felt as though I would be left alone to figure anything out. She was fantastic and I am forever grateful.
Make the appointment!!!!! You will not regret it.
Dr. DeVore is incredibly empathetic. She treated me always like I was extremely important, my concerns were always valid and there was no question too simple or complicated that she wouldn’t answer. She is compassionate and genuinely caring - two rare findings in elite and highly intelligent doctors.
Dr. DeVore is impressively intelligent and knowledgeable. She clearly is up to date on the gold standards with regard to REI and all the most up to date treatments and recommendations. We tried IUI twice - once with natural cycle and the second time with ovulation induction to help increase the number of follicles and increase the chances of fertilization. She then told me very honestly that she would recommend IVF rather than try IUI several more times as she was confident that would yield us better results. She was absolutely right and asked me when we would want to get started - she then ensured that all of my appointments, medications and plans were set far in advance as my schedule is complicated.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Alyssa )
All of the staff were excellent. They clearly know they work in a field where patients are anxious, stressed and emotional. They all show compassion and understanding that this is a difficult time to navigate.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Strengths: ease at which to obtain appointments - flexibility for those who need it for work. The offices are also open 7 days a week. The offices also have an operating room on site so that travel to multiple sites is never required. Weaknesses: nothing really that I can point out.
Well-oiled machine - even during the stressful time of COVID
I have pretty good coverage with my job - however PGS isn’t covered and the medications generally aren’t fully covered but I got information from the office for other pharmacies that offer major discounts. We probably spent ~10,000 dollars total.
She will always work with you to meet your needs and goals. She will also give honest advice about results and risks.
NY - 1st Ave

[Dr. DeVore] does a good job of balancing giving you information you need but not overloading you with every detail. At a large clinic like NYU, she is available, and would always call me back in a timely manner and give me the time I needed to feel comfortable with our conversations...If you want to see Dr. DeVore more often, be willing to go to the West Side location when she is there--it is also a lot smaller, which is awesome--I was able to see Dr. DeVore for a lot of my monitoring visits by being flexible on location and asking the scheduling nurse where she would be.
NYU is a big clinic, so you need to be ready to advocate yourself and be organized. It can be confusing at first to figure out how everything works and who initiates things, so be prepared to call your Patient Care Coordinator until you get the answers you need. If you want your hand held through everything this might not be the place for you...Your RE is unlikely to be the one doing your procedures (egg retrieval, transfer) unless you are lucky enough to have then on the day they are doing procedures...[nurses] are always friendly and compassionate, and will answer your questions when they call with updates/details.
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. DeVore is a wonderful doctor. Throughout my treatment with her I have felt like I was getting great care. She does a good job of balancing giving you information you need but not overloading you with every detail. At a large clinic like NYU, she is available, and would always call me back in a timely manner and give me the time I needed to feel comfortable with our conversations. Additionally, it is possible to see her more often as her nurses do a great job of telling you where she will be for monitoring visits so you can adjust your location (East Side or West Side) which I really appreciated!
Dr. Devore really cares about her patients. She is available despite being in a large clinic, and always takes the time needed to make you feel comfortable with the path forward.
Clomid, Gonal-F, Menopur, Cetrotide, Dual trigger
I LOVE the nurses at NYU Fertility. They are always friendly and compassionate, and will answer your questions when they call with updates/details. The nurses on the 6th floor for retrievals/transfer are awesome and always made me feel at ease.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
NYU is a big clinic, so you need to be ready to advocate yourself and be organized. It can be confusing at first to figure out how everything works and who initiates things, so be prepared to call your Patient Care Coordinator until you get the answers you need. If you want your hand held through everything this might not be the place for you. The East Side location is huge and a bit more impersonal. If you want a smaller feel I highly recommend going to the West Side for morning monitoring--it is a smaller and more intimate office and you will see your RE if you go on the days that they are there. Your RE is unlikely to be the one doing your procedures (egg retrieval, transfer) unless you are lucky enough to have then on the day they are doing procedures. I still felt really comfortable with the doctors I did have for these procedures, but it is something to be aware of. This is when having the consistency of the nurses is helpful.
I was lucky enough to have insurance coverage through my employer.
With PGT-A testing a single embryo transfer is the recommended approach.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
There was a little confusing over being able to do a retrieval after the holiday shutdown. I was initially told yes, but when they went to schedule me they were already booked and then I was told that I couldn't do a retrieval--I think some of this was a side-effect of Covid-19 and people trying to get in cycles as they said they had never had to put a limit on the number of people doing retrievals before, but it was still a very frustrating experience.
NY - 1st Ave

Dr. DeVore treated me with kindness and compassion throughout every step of my fertility journey. She listened and never made me feel like my concerns or anxieties were invalid or not worthy of her time. She is truly one of the first physicians that I ever felt really listened to me...Fertility treatment is hard and it takes time and a lot of tears to get a place of joy. I couldn't have asked for a more compassionate, caring, and intelligent doctor to be paired with on this journey. There aren't enough words to describe my gratitude to Dr. DeVore.
I would have likely benefited from more of an introduction to the clinics services as a whole [at NYU Langone Fertility Center], ie. who to call for what kind of question, but I quickly figured out how things worked. I had a couple of upsetting experiences seeing other doctors during morning monitoring, but with the amount of appointments I had, those were very much the exception. Overall, the clinic's strengths far outweigh its minimal weaknesses.
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
When my fertility journey began at NYU I was given an appointment with Dr. DeVore, in part because she had availability at the time I requested. It was only minutes into my first appointment with Dr. DeVore that I got the feeling that I was assigned to the doctor who I was meant to be on this journey with. Fertility treatment is hard and it takes time and a lot of tears to get a place of joy. I couldn't have asked for a more compassionate, caring, and intelligent doctor to be paired with on this journey. There aren't enough words to describe my gratitude to Dr. DeVore.
Know that there are moments of this journey that can be harder than others, but TRUST that you're in the greatest hands possible.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Aleksandra Kostyra)
Aleks was incredibly thorough. If she wasn't available to respond to questions, someone else on her team would follow-up. She never made me feel like I had a "dumb" question and was always willing to explain different aspects of my protocol that I was unsure of.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The team at NYU seems to have their practice down to a science. Just one visit during morning monitoring can show you just how many moving pieces there are how many patients the clinic is working with at any given time. Some mornings were a breeze, but the majority I spent significantly longer in the lobby waiting than I would have liked, despite set arrival times. That part can get quite frustrating, but it always seemed like the team was doing their best to try to manage. I would have likely benefited from more of an introduction to the clinics services as a whole, ie. who to call for what kind of question, but I quickly figured out how things worked. I had a couple of upsetting experiences seeing other doctors during morning monitoring, but with the amount of appointments I had, those were very much the exception. Overall, the clinic's strengths far outweigh its minimal weaknesses.
None of my donor related expenses were covered - ie. anything related to donor egg and sperm. In addition to those expenses, PGS testing, copays, etc. - my final cost was approximately $30,000
NY - 1st Ave

Dr. Blakemore had a plan from day one for which specialized lab she wanted to use for testing...We had a pretty unique situation where we were doing IVF for genetic testing only as my husband and I are carriers of the same recessive gene...She is extremely personable, very smart and up to date on the latest with fertility science. She explained everything very clearly to us and I always felt like I knew what was happening and what to expect...
The nursing staff at NYU was all extremely competent and helpful. They always responded to calls quickly the few times that I called after hours and needed help with something...NYU was a perfect choice because I knew they had an in-house genetic counselor. With Dr. Blakemore, you get the best personal care while also getting the perks of a big institution like access to a genetic counselor...NYU has a slide in their standard presentation about why they encourage eSET due to the many health risks of multiples...
Dr. Blakemore is one of the best doctors I have ever had and I would recommend her without reservation to anyone else going through fertility treatment. She is extremely personable, very smart and up to date on the latest with fertility science. She explained everything very clearly to us and I always felt like I knew what was happening and what to expect. We had a pretty unique situation where we were doing IVF for genetic testing only as my husband and I are carriers of the same recessive gene. We also wanted the embryos to be tested for an extremely esoteric de novo mutation that our daughter was born with. Dr. Blakemore had a plan from day one for which specialized lab she wanted to use for testing and everything was seamless with them. She has a wonderful bedside manner, even during the stresses of treatment seeing her always brightened my day and I always felt she had time for any questions I had.
Dr. Blakemore is an amazing doctor who had an extremely personalized care plan from day one that yielded wonderful results for us.
We did an antagonist protocol and prepared for two retrievals since I wanted to have the option of having a number of additional children and at least 25% of any aneuploid embryos would likely inherit both of our recessive genes. The results surpassed everyone's expectations and we got 12 euploid embryos, 7 without our genetic issue. Our first transfer worked and the entire process was relatively seamless (for IVF) and I am now 14 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shenetta and Jean Ann)
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
For me, NYU was a perfect choice because I knew they had an in-house genetic counselor. With Dr. Blakemore, you get the best personal care while also getting the perks of a big institution like access to a genetic counselor. We also had Progyny coverage and the other option we were considering Cornell is not covered through that.
I was lucky to have coverage through Progyny through my employer, which my understanding is covers most of this. I haven't yet received any bills but wouldn't be surprised if I had some modest co-pays.
I had no desire to have twins so never asked about this, but recall that NYU has a slide in their standard presentation about why they encourage eSET due to the many health risks of multiples.