660 1st Avenue
109 West 27th St

He [Dr. James Grifo] always made me feel like I was important. It didn’t matter how busy he was, he made sure to answer all my questions and not rush my appointments... was an absolute genius in his field. Not only was he brilliant and ready to make changes so that I could achieve the best possible results, he was also kind, compassionate and caring. He knew how nervous I was and always made sure to calm me down and be the positivity that I needed.
They are very busy [at NYU] , but the whole process runs smoothly. You will get the best treatment and that is what is most important...I recommend getting to early morning monitoring before 8:55am because otherwise you will have a wait. If you have a question, ask. A nurse will always get right back to you. They really have your best interest at heart. This is a hard process but they are all there to help you every step of the way.
How was your experience with James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Grifo was an absolute genius in his field. Not only was he brilliant and ready to make changes so that I could achieve the best possible results, he was also kind, compassionate and caring. He knew how nervous I was and always made sure to calm me down and be the positivity that I needed.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Trust him. Even if you don’t like what he has to say, trust that he will do everything he can to get you a baby.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
He always made me feel like I was important. It didn’t matter how busy he was, he made sure to answer all my questions and not rush my appointments.
Describe the protocols James Grifo used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Follistem, Menipour, clomid, trigger shot
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
They are very busy, but the whole process runs smoothly. You will get the best treatment and that is what is most important. The lab is one of the best in the city. Know that this is important. I recommend getting to early morning monitoring before 8:55am because otherwise you will have a wait. If you have a question, ask. A nurse will always get right back to you. They really have your best interest at heart. This is a hard process but they are all there to help you every step of the way.
Describe the costs associated with your care under James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
It was covered under my insurance. I only had to pay for PGS testing. Once I was pregnant I had to pay for the sonograms.
James Grifo
NY - 1st Ave
It [NYU] is a busy clinic and you don't see your doctor every visit, but she checked in frequently and made all of my plans. NYU is a reputable clinic with good outcomes so I felt the business was worth the while...It was well run, a few days I had to wait longer than others, the staff was always apologetic...Dr. DeVore always heard me out and listened to my thoughts/feelings/questions. It was a very collaborative experience. She checked in on me frequently during my treatment and made sure to ask me about life outside of fertility. She was thoughtful, supportive, and down to earth. I feel so grateful to have found her...Ask your questions, she will answer all of them thoroughly and thoughtfully...She advocated for single embryo transfer
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Ask your questions, she will answer all of them thoroughly and thoughtfully.
Describe the protocols Shannon DeVore used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I don't remember
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
It is a busy clinic and you don't see your doctor every visit, but she checked in frequently and made all of my plans. NYU is a reputable clinic with good outcomes so I felt the business was worth the while.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Describe Shannon DeVore's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
She advocated for single embryo transfer
NY - 1st Ave

Talk to him [Dr. Grifo] about any doubts and ask questions regarding potential complications... Great patient care, vet knowledgeable, and personable. Good flexibility in connecting through the phone as opposed to only through office visits. Vet patient and personable. But I am still in the middle of the process at this time... Even though they [NYU] have lots of patients the level of care is individual.
Very experienced staff [NYU], well oiled machine. It feels like the do this all the time and know all of the possible complications. Even though they have lots of patients the level of care is individual. I would definitely recommend this center... Good flexibility in connecting through the phone as opposed to only through office visits. Vet patient and personable. But I am still in the middle of the process at this time
How was your experience with James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Talk to him about any doubts and ask questions regarding potential complications
Great patient care
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Very experienced staff, well oiled machine. It feels like the do this all the time and know all of the possible complications. Even though they have lots of patients the level of care is individual. I would definitely recommend this center
James Grifo

2020 - 2021, Successful
This was the single best experience I've ever had with a medical provider of any kind. This was also the hardest experience of my life. As a non-binary queer person, I have a lot of feelings about reproduction (and a lot of doubts). Dr. Blakemore made it easy to come to the office (I almost looked forward to it)...really listened to me...never mis-gendered me, never made my wife feel less than, and honored our non-traditional family structure (using a known donor for at-home insemination).
Overall, the staff at NYU could use a training on pronouns (though Dr. Blakemore was exceptional)...For important medical issues, we got immediate calls back and they were very communicative. For insurance reimbursement and second parent adoption paperwork later on, we struggled to get in touch...Basically, no one would respond to us once we were pregnant.
How was your experience with Jennifer Blakemore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
This was the single best experience I've ever had with a medical provider of any kind. This was also the hardest experience of my life. As a non-binary queer person, I have a lot of feelings about reproduction (and a lot of doubts). Dr. Blakemore made it easy to come to the office (I almost looked forward to it). She really listened to me and never second guessed my hunches about my body (which turned out to be accurate). Dr. Blakemore never mis-gendered me, never made my wife feel less than, and honored our non-traditional family structure (using a known donor for at-home insemination). She leveled with us honestly about our chances but also kept us feeling hopeful. We followed her advice and treatment plan, including having a hysteroscopy and using Letrozole at home for two cycles. Two months later, I was pregnant and went on to deliver a healthy baby (Jan 2022). When we had to go see an OBGYN for my pregnancy, we actively missed Dr. Blakemore and felt that it was basically impossible to match her level of care and cultural sensitivity.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Blakemore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Ask anything you want and share your fears. If you have hunches about your body, share them. Dr. Blakemore will not judge, she'll listen, and she'll address your questions/fears/doubts extremely thoroughly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Blakemore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Blakemore is extremely thorough and caring. At our first session, she spent over an hour with my partner and I just explaining reproductive systems (with a slide deck of over 70 slides). Along the way, she answered every medical question, called on her day off, validated our emotions, and treated us like we were her most important priority (when I knew she had many many patients to see). She also treated my wife (the non-gestational partner) with so much love and care. I am non-binary and have some past medical trauma so she was extremely careful with me and made me feel super safe--always being the one to scan me and assuring me she would perform the surgery I later needed (and no one else would even touch me).
Describe the protocols Jennifer Blakemore used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We did a few cycles of at home insemination with a known donor. We realized that our donor had a low sperm count after speaking with Dr. Blakemore about the consistency of the sperm and sending the donor for testing. We then switched known donors at the advice of Dr. Blakemore. I later suspected there was something wrong with my reproductive system after several failed attempts (even though I was ovulating normally) so we did an HSG and found uterine adhesions. I had a hysteroscopy and did two cycles of at-home insemination with Letrozole to help out. I got pregnant on the second cycle and delivered a healthy baby in January 2022.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I am not sure about the nursing staff as we didn't often interact with nurses (a few blood draws maybe?). For important medical issues, we got immediate calls back and they were very communicative. For insurance reimbursement and second parent adoption paperwork later on, we struggled to get in touch. Some of the nurses and billers were not as good with my gender pronouns as Dr. Blakemore.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Clinic was pretty busy for blood work and monitoring on the East side so there was often a wait and it was crowded (even during COVID-19). Overall, the staff at NYU could use a training on pronouns (though Dr. Blakemore was exceptional). For billing reimbursement and other paperwork, it was a little hard to get in touch. But, overall, the experience was wonderful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Blakemore at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
We spent a few thousand dollars on freezing sperm and then a few hundred on co-pays and medications (or maybe like a grand?). Some of our expenses related to the sperm freezing were reimbursable through my wife's union but we never got the paperwork we needed from the clinic. We had to get her office to change the policy (which was months and months of advocacy) because we couldn't get what we needed from NYU. Basically, no one would respond to us once we were pregnant.
Describe Jennifer Blakemore's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Not applicable.

2022, Successful
Dr. DeVore was so patient and kind. She listened to my concerns and was very responsive via email and/or phone call. Even though I was not able to see her for every office visit, it was very clear that she was the one managing my care. I felt heard and reassured and am forever grateful for her...Dr. DeVore was so patient and did not make us feel rushed to do our implantation. She was okay with us waiting a cycle to schedule it, especially as I had to manage some things separately with my endocrinologist. I’m very grateful for her patience...
The nursing staff [at NYU Langone Fertility Center] was so helpful. They were always ready to answer questions about all the medications and next steps. They were informative and educated and I felt reassured every step of the way...Morning monitoring was always very quick and efficient. I never waited for more than 5 minutes for my appointment. The morning monitoring appts are very quick but the nurses are happy to chat about any concerns or questions you have...
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I would advise any IVF patient to stay patient, express any concerns and worries to your doctors and nurses, and to stay positive.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. DeVore has been very patient with me throughout this whole process and called me numerous times to discuss results and answer any questions I have had.
Leading up to my egg retrieval I was on cetrotide, Gonal F, and menopur. These were titrated often dependent on my bloodwork. I was carefully instructed how to properly administer and adjust dosing. For my trigger shot, Dr. DeVore was so accommodating as I had an important obligation during the time. She really worked with me to adjust the timing of my trigger shot. After my retrieval, Dr. DeVore was so patient and did not make us feel rushed to do our implantation. She was okay with us waiting a cycle to schedule it, especially as I had to manage some things separately with my endocrinologist. I’m very grateful for her patience.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The nursing staff was so helpful. They were always ready to answer questions about all the medications and next steps. They were informative and educated and I felt reassured every step of the way.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
This clinic is great with timing. Morning monitoring was always very quick and efficient. I never waited for more than 5 minutes for my appointment. The morning monitoring appts are very quick but the nurses are happy to chat about any concerns or questions you have.
2019 - 2022, Successful
she [Dr. DeVore] is kind, thoughtful, considerate, supportive and very smart. I trusted everything she told me and knew she would never sugarcoat the information I was receiving, including the statistical reality of various steps along the way. I truly appreciated this, as it felt that I always went into next steps with a realistic expectation...She is one of the most responsive doctors I've ever had, and so even though reaching out to her required going through her (excellent) patient coordinator Emily, I still found she usually called me within 24 hours or answered my emailed questions within a matter of hours or less (including on her days off!)
NYU can be a bit hard to navigate...the process of connecting with a person is very arduous and you nearly always end up connected to an answering service, even during business hours. At times, it took nurses (not Carrington though!) many hours to call back and I frequently had to do follow-up calls to get questions answered...Often any calls I had to make after hours were related to time sensitive questions about injections, and getting through to the on-call dotor sometimes took 15 minutes of talking to the answering service, always (inexplicably) starting with a question of whether or not I was a patient. At times the on-call doctors were extremely quick to respond, and very kind and helpful. At other times the calls back would take hours...
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I covered some of this previously but the shortest answer is that she is kind, thoughtful, considerate, supportive and very smart. I trusted everything she told me and knew she would never sugarcoat the information I was receiving, including the statistical reality of various steps along the way. I truly appreciated this, as it felt that I always went into next steps with a realistic expectation. Many components of the IVF process are a bit scary and require a lot of trust in your doctor's approach and decision making; I knew I had this with Dr. Devore, and also knew that she was going to carefully consider the best approach both for the outcome and for my own health.
Schedule a consultation and you too will want to sign right up. She is truly one of the best doctors I've ever had.
Dr. Devore is truly one of the kindest and most thoughtful doctors I've ever been lucky enough to have. From the very start of this journey she listened to my questions, concerns and hopes for the future, and helped me understand my options accordingly. She never once shied away from the data and was always wholly transparent about what the options were and what the potential outcomes might be. When I first came to her I was interested in egg freezing but over a long period of time (lengthened by my choice to slightly delay things because of the pandemic), my needs changed and she helped me clarify what she thought was the best path forward in light of what I hoped to achieve—and she was exactly right. She is one of the most responsive doctors I've ever had, and so even though reaching out to her required going through her (excellent) patient coordinator Emily, I still found she usually called me within 24 hours or answered my emailed questions within a matter of hours or less (including on her days off!). She was compassionate in listening to my concerns—both medical and otherwise—and extremely supportive from the very start. As someone choosing to become a parent on my own, it was particularly impactful to feel that she supported my decisions and was on my team as I made my decisions (no matter how long they took me—and I was often very slow!). I cannot imagine having gone through this with any other doctor and would recommend her to truly anyone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Emily (patient coordinator) and Carrington)
Emily, the patient coordinator, was extremely responsive, kind, supportive and very patient with my many questions. If I reached out to her incorrectly she was always helpful getting my question answered by the right part of my care team. = Carrington, my primary nurse, was very kind, helpful, thoughtful and always helped answer my questions along the way. She was not always the person I worked with directly because of timing and vacation schedules, but she was extremely helpful at all times when she was who I connected with.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
NYU can be a bit hard to navigate and it's sometimes a bit tricky to know how you can reach the people you need. In particular, my biggest frustration was with their phone process—if you have to use the phone tree, the process of connecting with a person is very arduous and you nearly always end up connected to an answering service, even during business hours. At times, it took nurses (not Carrington though!) many hours to call back and I frequently had to do follow-up calls to get questions answered. I had direct lines for Emily and Carrington and when I called those I got answers very quickly from both of them, but if for some reason either of them was not in the office on a given day, the process was very frustrating. Similarly, the answering service in the evenings is deeply frustrating. Often any calls I had to make after hours were related to time sensitive questions about injections, and getting through to the on-call dotor sometimes took 15 minutes of talking to the answering service, always (inexplicably) starting with a question of whether or not I was a patient. At times the on-call doctors were extremely quick to respond, and very kind and helpful. At other times the calls back would take hours. On one occasion the doctor on-call called back and sounded extremely annoyed and was very dismissive. None of the above would deter me from recommending NYU but it's definitely an area for improvement. I would also suggest trying to get any and all direct lines possible for the people you are trying to reach.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I was lucky to have health insurance coverage and be in-network so all told my costs were very low.
I believe NYU generally does a single embryo transfer; I agree with this approach and it never came up directly with Dr. Devore, as it would have been my preference without question even if it wasn't the norm at the clinic.
What specific things went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
There was one small mixup with repeat baseline testing that was accidentally not ordered as it should have been. The staff member was extremely apologetic and from my perspective the mistake was understandable in light of various time frames that made catching it a little complicated. The issue was caught before it caused an issue and solved without impact; felt like a human error from an extremely efficient staff member who I greatly appreciated and seems almost not worth mentioning. A larger issue that does seem worth noting is that after the egg retrieval. the nursing staff did not provide me with any handouts or information related to OHSS. I happened to know I was at risk and called to get the information sent to me when I realized it had not been sent to me. Similarly, after the retrieval there were a variety of suggestions for items to have on hand, including things like coconut water instead of regular water, etc. Perhaps not knowing this before the procedure wouldn't have been as surprising to me in a non-pandemic moment, but in light of the circumstances I was frustrated to realize I should have had a few items on hand. I'd suggest NYU provide this information ahead of time so patients can prepare as needed.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Blakemore was one of the kindest doctors I’ve ever had the pleasure of working with. I was always greeted with a smile, she remembered our fertility history without having to be reminded and I appreciated how she was very honest about the realities of the outcome while still being optimistic. It made us hopeful but grounded in our expectations...
The staff [at NYU Langone] can and will answer any questions you have quickly. I was never made to feel like I was asking a dumb question or was being to needy. Once the process starts, it’s fast! It’s good to use the support of the staff...Everyone I dealt with in the facility was extremely professional as well as friendly...
Jennifer Blakemore was kind, compassionate and honest. She made me feel comfortable in every aspect of my treatment and helped me to feel positive and calm when I began stressing about my pregnancy in the early stages after it was confirmed. I would recommend her to anyone hoping to conceive.
Trust that she will be honest with you about the reality of the fertility process, while still remaining very positive. That smile and bubbly demeanor isn’t an act, it’s genuine!
Prior to the egg retrieval, I did what was considered the standard amount and dosage of shots for several weeks. Despite having a low egg reserve, we were able to retrieve 7 eggs, 3 of which were viable embryos after genetic testing. After my confirmed pregnancy, I started on progesterone shots and a suppository of endometrin. My body reacted poorly to the endometrin and I had some bleeding after a few weeks. Dr. Blakemore quickly adjusted my medication so I no longer had to take the suppository and instead took a progesterone shot daily as opposed to every other day. This immediately stopped the bleeding and my pregnancy progressed perfectly after that.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
A new patient may want to know that while the process seems daunting at first, don’t be afraid to ask questions. The staff can and will answer any questions you have quickly. I was never made to feel like I was asking a dumb question or was being to needy. Once the process starts, it’s fast! It’s good to use the support of the staff
I was fortunate enough to have a large amount of the fertility costs covered under my insurance. We paid in full for the genetic testing (which was by choice, and not required) and paid a partial cost of some of the necessary medications.
I understood my age to be a factor in using one embryo instead of multiple. Pregnancy with multiples can be more risky and I think it was the right decision.

2021, Successful
She [Dr. Blakemore] was so prepared with data, a PowerPoint presentation and ready for all my questions. I was looking for a more aggressive action plan for my next FET and she offered me multiple options and we weighed the pro’s and con’s together. I never felt rushed throughout my entire appointment and really felt like she was listening to all my concerns and addressed each one. She also gave me ample time for questions...
communication with the team [at NYU Langone Fertility Center] was thorough and timely, always heard back from the team when I left a message, I felt like the team was always updated with my latest results and were great in making sure I understood my instructions...wait time can be long especially during peak hours and weekends, had multiple billing issues that I had to keep following up with...
I first went to see Dr. Blakemore for a consultation since I had failed 3 FET’s in the past already. She was so prepared with data, a PowerPoint presentation and ready for all my questions. I was looking for a more aggressive action plan for my next FET and she offered me multiple options and we weighed the pro’s and con’s together. I never felt rushed throughout my entire appointment and really felt like she was listening to all my concerns and addressed each one. She also gave me ample time for questions.
Write down all your questions so you don’t forget it because she gives a lot of information
She addressed my concerns and how I was feeling. When I lost hope she knew I needed support and focused less on the clinical stuff. She gave me examples from her friends who had gone through this and she always checked in with me just to see how I was feeling and doing
1st protocol included an extra day of progesterone since that’s what my ERA biopsy results came back with. My second protocol included lovenox and prednisone after 2 months of lupron depot since I was diagnosed surgically with endometriosis. My third protocol included letrozole in the beginning and letting my body naturally ovulate.
Other than 1 hiccup, due to staffing shortage because of weather, the team was thorough and kept me informed in a timely manner on my results and any changes to my medication regimen. They were also great with calling prior to procedure days with thorough instructions.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Strengths: the doctors were great, communication with the team was thorough and timely, always heard back from the team when I left a message, I felt like the team was always updated with my latest results and were great in making sure I understood my instructions Weaknesses: wait time can be long especially during peak hours and weekends, had multiple billing issues that I had to keep following up with
I didn’t have to pay any co-pays and most of my prescriptions went to a pharmacy my insurance company allowed. Most costs were associated with medication co-insurances. My insurance covered my egg retrieval, anesthesia, and FET’s.
I always wanted to transfer multiple since my husband and I were accepting of the risk for multiples but I only had 5 frozen embryos so we started off with 1 for my first FET and then agreed on 2 for the second and third. Made sense because we didn’t want to run out and towards the end, I didn’t know if I wanted any left over.
NY - Westside

Dr. Blakemore made every step of the egg retrieval, embryo creation, testing, transfer and monitoring a breeze. Dr. Blakemore takes time to explain every step of the process, ensuring I understood and answering my questions. She makes herself available to answer questions that pop up outside of visits (as they definitely will). I felt that every step of the way I was under top quality medical care and really understood the process...has a level of kindness, compassion and approachability that you don't always find in a doctor and that is really important for your fertility specialist as this entire process can be so high pressure and stressful.
The nursing staff, care coordinators, and financial advisors [at NYU Langone Fertility Center] are the picture of professionalism. They are organized, responsive, and proactive. At all times, I felt like my needs to being taken care of by competent people. In addition, they were exceptionally kind and warm...I was always greeted with a smile, and after the first visit, by name. Phone calls were always prompted answered and/or returned...
Dr. Blakemore made every step of the egg retrieval, embryo creation, testing, transfer and monitoring a breeze. Dr. Blakemore takes time to explain every step of the process, ensuring I understood and answering my questions. She makes herself available to answer questions that pop up outside of visits (as they definitely will). I felt that every step of the way I was under top quality medical care and really understood the process. But beyond that, Dr. Blakemore has a level of kindness, compassion and approachability that you don't always find in a doctor and that is really important for your fertility specialist as this entire process can be so high pressure and stressful.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. Dr. Blakemore expects them, she wants you to understand and she has a communication skill level that is above and beyond!
Dr. Blakemore, and the entire staff at NYU Fertility Center, were always warm and caring. I was always greeted with a smile, and after the first visit, by name. Phone calls were always prompted answered and/or returned. I always felt like Dr. Blakemore took the time I needed to answer my questions and reassure my concerns. She was always willing to go the extra mile to help me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shanetta and Kimown)
The nursing staff, care coordinators, and financial advisors are the picture of professionalism. They are organized, responsive, and proactive. At all times, I felt like my needs to being taken care of by competent people. In addition, they were exceptionally kind and warm! For each clinic visit, I practically felt like I was visiting friends!
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The staff of the clinic is warm, thoughtful and professional from top to bottom. The clinic is beautifully designed, clean and comfortable. My treatments occurred during the COVID pandemic, and I felt like all necessary precautions were made for my safety and the safety of other patients and staff.
I had out of pocket costs for all services and medications as my insurance covered almost nothing.
My doctor preferred a single embryo transfer. As it was explained to me, the transfer of multiple embryos didn't seem to increase your chance at a live birth, rather just your changes at multiples. I believe the clinic will allow multiple transfers, but it takes some extra counseling and was not something I was interested in pursuing.
2020, 18 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Blakemore] was very attentive and thorough with her explanations and procedures...she made me feel comfortable and safe throughout the process by making herself always available to answer any questions or concerns I had. It was so clear that she is passionate about her work and she cares about her patients...She really means it when she says, "You can always ask me any questions". She will give you very thoughtful and comprehensive answers and you will feel so much better.
I knew that NYU Fertility Clinic was a lot more expensive than other clinics in the city but it was worth it...In spite of the large number of patients they see everyday, all of the nursing staffs treated me like a human, not like a number. They were thorough and compassionate...My primary location was the west side clinic and I was amazed how beautiful the clinic was! Since I had to visit the clinic every morning, it made a big difference. The wait time was also significantly less than the east side location
She was the best doctor I ever had! It was by luck that I found her and I feel extremely fortunate that I had her as my doctor for my treatment. From the moment I stepped into her office, she made me feel very comfortable and I knew I was making the right decision to have my treatment at her clinic. Her passion for her work and genuine compassion for her patients are evident and that makes a world of difference for patients.
Don't hesitate to ask her any questions or reach out to her about your concerns during the procedure. She really means it when she says, "You can always ask me any questions". She will give you very thoughtful and comprehensive answers and you will feel so much better.
She was very attentive and thorough with her explanations and procedures. Since it was my first time going through a fertility treatment, I did not know what to expect but she made me feel comfortable and safe throughout the process by making herself always available to answer any questions or concerns I had. It was so clear that she is passionate about her work and she cares about her patients. That made a huge difference.
In spite of the large number of patients they see everyday, all of the nursing staffs treated me like a human, not like a number. They were thorough and compassionate. I absolutely loved them!
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
My primary location was the west side clinic and I was amazed how beautiful the clinic was! Since I had to visit the clinic every morning, it made a big difference. The wait time was also significantly less than the east side location.
NY - Westside
Dr Devore treated me like I was her only patient - from the beginning when I transferred care to her after a few poor outcomes, through failed transfers, and finally another retrieval, she was always patient, kind, and brilliant...I feel like the mark of an excellent REI doctor is their ability to stand with you, mourn with you, and re-build your hope when you get bad news. Dr Devore is able to do all those things all the while with you knowing you are in the best possible hands.
The [NYU Langone Fertility Center] clinic has 2 locations, one busier and one more boutique. They are both nice. The facility is nice and easy to get to. Waiting rooms, ORs, and clinic rooms are nice. The billing department is great, when I noticed a mistake on my bill they adjusted it right away.
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
There is no guarantee for good news in the process, but what I have found most important in an REI doctor is how much faith you have in them during the setbacks and how open, honest, and adaptable they are with the subsequent plans.
For egg retrieval, I did menopur and GonalF, then cetreotide and an hCG and lupron trigger. For my successful transfer, I was on 81mg aspirin daily, 40mg lovenox daily, 20mg famotidine daily, claritin daily, 10mg prednisone daily, 3mg estrace twice daily, and progesterone 1.5mg IM daily.
The nurses were always wonderful. After a year with so much monitoring, they get to know you really well and become great cheerleaders.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The clinic has 2 locations, one busier and one more boutique. They are both nice. The facility is nice and easy to get to. Waiting rooms, ORs, and clinic rooms are nice. The billing department is great, when I noticed a mistake on my bill they adjusted it right away.
Because of my history of failed transfers, we decided to transfer 2 euploid embryos with the last cycle.
NY - 1st Ave

Dr. DeVore is warm, empathic and is clearly passionate about the work she does...She is an excellent physician and exceeded my expectations in terms of results. It was also very apparent to me that she goes above and beyond for all of her patients based on my observations of her and her equally excellent team...produced results (i.e., # of embryos that were normal based on preimplantation genetic testing) that exceeded my expectations. I felt very comfortable asking questions as I was always met with prompt and clear answers.
Every nurse [at NYU Fertility Center] I interacted with was extremely knowledgeable, approachable and helpful. The majority of nurses I interacted with were not aware that I am a physician and went above and beyond in terms of being accommodating with my hectic schedule and ensuring that they were able to get in touch with me to communicate results, next steps, etc., All of the nursing staff were very warm and friendly, despite being quite busy...Efficient, well-oiled machine
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I am a female physician and plan to recommend her to my friends who are also physicians. She is an excellent physician and exceeded my expectations in terms of results. It was also very apparent to me that she goes above and beyond for all of her patients based on my observations of her and her equally excellent team.
Dr. DeVore is warm, empathic and is clearly passionate about the work she does. Not surprisingly, this passion translates to excellent results, which exceeded my expectations.
Every nurse I interacted with was extremely knowledgeable, approachable and helpful. The majority of nurses I interacted with were not aware that I am a physician and went above and beyond in terms of being accommodating with my hectic schedule and ensuring that they were able to get in touch with me to communicate results, next steps, etc., All of the nursing staff were very warm and friendly, despite being quite busy.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Dr. DeVore and her team were excellent communicators and most importantly, produced results (i.e., # of embryos that were normal based on preimplantation genetic testing) that exceeded my expectations. I felt very comfortable asking questions as I was always met with prompt and clear answers.
Efficient, well-oiled machine
Her team was upfront and clear about out of pocket costs.
NY - 1st Ave
Dr. DeVore was exactly what I was looking for in a fertility doctor. She always took the time to explain everything to me. She was honest but compassionate when there was not so good news, and she always had a plan for the next step, which I appreciated. She was able to get me pregnant on my third round of IUI, but we had already set up the process for IVF in case the IUI didn't work. I'm so grateful to her for getting me pregnant, but also for her knowledge and approachable bedside manner.
We did one round of IUI with letrozole and a trigger shot [at NYU Langone Fertility Center], and then the next round of IUI with Clomid and a trigger shot, which resulted in a pregnancy...All of the nurses were incredibly friendly, knowledgeable, and organized...I found the clinic to e very organized and well run. The open hours for labs/US could get crowded and you might wait for 15-20 minutes, but this was the same as the practice where I was seen first, so I wasn't surprised.
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
She will listen to what your hopes are and will be honest with you in coming up with your treatment plan. I very much appreciated her honest opinion and help in managing my expectations.
Dr. DeVore took the time to explain every detail of infertility with me, as well as every step along the way and exactly what the plan would be.
We did one round of IUI with letrozole and a trigger shot, and then the next round of IUI with Clomid and a trigger shot, which resulted in a pregnancy.
All of the nurses were incredibly friendly, knowledgeable, and organized.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
My insurance almost completely covered my treatment. There were a few bills for ultrasounds and IUI, but overall less than $200 I would guess.
NY - 1st Ave
Dr. Blakemore is an excellent provider. She is sweet, personable, and most importantly knowledgeable on academic literature. She also informed me about newer medical procedures that were outside of the scope of her care. She is passionate and thorough in her testing, evaluations, and recommendations...a kind, professional, and compassionate doctor. She always took the time to follow-up via phone or e-mail in a timely manner...never be afraid to ask challenging questions. She is such a patient and knowledgeable provider
A primary strength of the clinic [NYU Langone Fertility Center] is the schedule; the clinic has Saturday and early morning appointments. One weakness is that the phone line is always busy, but that is minor. A new patient should know that clinic is busy but very efficient, and they are great at following up with all their patients and accommodating your schedule...The nursing team was knowledgeable, efficient, and communicated in a timely manner
For any prospective patients of Dr. Blakemore, never be afraid to ask challenging questions. She is such a patient and knowledgeable provider.
Dr. Blakemore is a kind, professional, and compassionate doctor. She always took the time to follow-up via phone or e-mail in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Carol)
The nursing team was knowledgeable, efficient, and communicated in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
A primary strength of the clinic is the schedule; the clinic has Saturday and early morning appointments. One weakness is that the phone line is always busy, but that is minor. A new patient should know that clinic is busy but very efficient, and they are great at following up with all their patients and accommodating your schedule.
I had very little out of pocket cost associated with my care under Dr. Blakemore.
NY - Westside

Dr Blakemore went out of her way for my me and my partner. She was available at ever step of the process, even on her days off or in a different clinic. Dr Blakemore made us feel prepared and confident in our decision to through with the fertility treatment and we both feel extremely fortunate to have her as our doctor and in our corner...Not only is she extremely knowledgeable, she is very kind and takes the time to treat you like a person, understand exactly how you feel, educate you on each step of the way and go out of her way to make you feel comfortable and normal, which is often hard to do during any fertility process
[protocol at NYU Langone Fertility Center] I went off of my birth control for 1 month and then did 12 days of prescribed shots and had the treatment on day 13. Everything was better than expected and the results are through the roof. I will not have to go through another cycle given the success of this one...I trust Dr Blakemore and her decision to work with these nurses at this clinic. Everything was seamless and I see what lead her to NYU Fertility. I'd happily refer my closest friends. No weaknesses to note....
I have referred Dr Blakemore to my best friend! Dr Blakemore went out of her way for my me and my partner. She was available at ever step of the process, even on her days off or in a different clinic. Dr Blakemore made us feel prepared and confident in our decision to through with the fertility treatment and we both feel extremely fortunate to have her as our doctor and in our corner. I couldn't have asked for a more or better experience or outcome. I am sad to not have our daily interactions now that we are done with everything but couldn't be more grateful.
Don't look any further. Dr Blakemore is the absolute best.
Dr Blakemore is the absolute best. Not only is she extremely knowledgeable, she is very kind and takes the time to treat you like a person, understand exactly how you feel, educate you on each step of the way and go out of her way to make you feel comfortable and normal, which is often hard to do during any fertility process. I would not have wanted (and frankly don't think I could have) done this with anyone else by my side.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Insurance covered one round; we covered half of the medications and the genetic testing.
NY - Westside
I felt completely safe and always hopeful in her [Dr. DeVore's] expertise and knowledge. I knew she was always assessing my progress, adapting the treatment as we went to ensure it worked best for me and the results showed. I had no doubt she would do everything in her power to help me get to the end result I wanted...She gave me the emotional support I needed but also told it to me straight...[we] discussed the approach for the embryo transfer and I felt very informed going into it
At the start it can feel overwhelming with the amount of information and documents to get signed. But NYU was incredibly organized and efficient with my time, guiding me through the process. I found the NYU app a really useful tool to keep me informed of appointments and billing etc and it was used effectively by the NYU team...I have nothing but positive words to saying about the full nursing staff. They went over and above in their care of me, it felt incredibly personal. They took the time to get to know me and understand my individual journey. I knew I could call them anytime with any question and they would be there for me
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I have so much love and respect when it comes to Shannon DeVore. I cannot speak highly enough of her. I feel incredibly lucky she ended up being my fertility doctor. Not only am I now pregnant but she managed to make the entire journey positive. She is outstanding at her job. I felt completely safe and always hopeful in her expertise and knowledge. I knew she was always assessing my progress, adapting the treatment as we went to ensure it worked best for me and the results showed. I had no doubt she would do everything in her power to help me get to the end result I wanted. Shannon DeVore is also a wonderful human being. She kept me afloat during the treatment. She lifted me up when I lost faith, she provide emotional support during difficult times, and she gave me the right amount of encouragement to continue when I thought hope was lost. She is open, honest and to the point - all essential in your fertility journey when you need to know where you stand.
Choose Shannon DeVore as your fertility doctor. Best thing you can do.
Shannon DeVore could not have made me feel more human or more listened to during my IVF journey. She was outstanding in her care of me - I felt like she completely understand everything I was going through. She gave me the emotional support I needed but also told it to me straight - our relationship was built on honesty and transparency. And in doing so she gave me the motivation to carry on when times were tough.
I have nothing but positive words to saying about the full nursing staff. They went over and above in their care of me, it felt incredibly personal. They took the time to get to know me and understand my individual journey. I knew I could call them anytime with any question and they would be there for me. I definitely cried on them multiply times and they showed me compassion and love. I thought they were outstanding.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I was impressed with NYU Fertility from the get go. At the start it can feel overwhelming with the amount of information and documents to get signed. But NYU was incredibly organized and efficient with my time, guiding me through the process. I found the NYU app a really useful tool to keep me informed of appointments and billing etc and it was used effectively by the NYU team. It felt like a seamless operation which I hugely appreciated.
I found the monitoring appointments a well oiled machine. Especially if you choose an early morning slot, which worked out well for me, as there was hardly ever a queue. They really tried to move you through as fast as you can and once you were in the rhythm of them, understanding the need to go between 7-10am, then it worked really well.
I don't want to answer this as it is so specific to my fertility treatment so its not comparable.
Shannon DeVore and I discussed the approach for the embryo transfer and I felt very informed going into it. Again it was a very open dialogue throughout the process and I was very clear on why we were moving forward with the approach we choose.