660 1st Avenue
212.263.8990
109 West 27th St
212.263.8999

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Hodes took time to call me after hours or on the weekend when necessary...She adjusted the dosage of medicine throughout my cycle and I was able to see her for monitoring two - three times for each retrieval. She clearly individualized my treatment and took what she learned from my first retrieval to make additional adjustments for the second retrieval...She also took steps to avoid OHSS for me despite having a high estrogen level at trigger...
Despite it being high volume [at NYU Langone Fertility Center], the protocol used was tailored to me and Dr. Hodes was personable. Another strength for us was having a genetics counselor and urologist affiliated with the clinic (they both are helpful, informative, and kind). There were some weaknesses. At times, NYU was inflexible, which resulted in unfortunate delays in getting IVF started for us...All of the nurses were helpful throughout the process. However, sometimes they gave differing advice from each other and from what Dr. Hodes said...
How was your experience with Brooke Hodes-Wertz at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Hodes coordinated well with other specialists when necessary. I underwent two egg retrievals under her care. She adjusted the dosage of medicine throughout my cycle and I was able to see her for monitoring two - three times for each retrieval. She clearly individualized my treatment and took what she learned from my first retrieval to make additional adjustments for the second retrieval. My second retrieval was much more successful due to her careful monitoring and experience. She also took steps to avoid OHSS for me despite having a high estrogen level at trigger.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brooke Hodes-Wertz at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
You are in great hands under her care. She will take time to answer your questions so be sure to ask them as she is an expert. Her answers can differ from the nurses so it is good to double check with her. In addition, you sometimes had to press her for an answer or opinion.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brooke Hodes-Wertz at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Hodes took time to call me after hours or on the weekend when necessary. She also called within hours after receiving a test result which led to our infertility diagnosis. She displayed compassion when she gave the diagnosis and seemed to genuinely be interested in seeing my partner and I have success. There were times when she was rushed and watching the clock. While it is understandable with how many patients she sees in a day, I wish she spaced out her appointments more so there was more time to ask the questions we wanted rather than have to set up a follow up. Whenever I did have additional questions, she always called me back with answers within the week.
Describe the protocols Brooke Hodes-Wertz used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
For both cycles, we used a combination of follistim, menopur, and ganirelix. For the first cycle, I triggered with lupron only. For the second cycle, the stimmed with a slightly lower dose of medicine for one less day and triggered with lupron and pregnyl. While I retrieved the same number of eggs both times with nearly 100% maturity, the fertilization and blast results were much better the second time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jean Ann)
All of the nurses were helpful throughout the process. However, sometimes they gave differing advice from each other and from what Dr. Hodes said. It was always more helpful and efficient when I could speak directly with Dr. Hodes' nurse, Jean Ann.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
NYU is one of the longer running high volume clinics in the country and as a result the clinic has a level of expertise that is unmatched. Despite it being high volume, the protocol used was tailored to me and Dr. Hodes was personable. Another strength for us was having a genetics counselor and urologist affiliated with the clinic (they both are helpful, informative, and kind). There were some weaknesses. At times, NYU was inflexible, which resulted in unfortunate delays in getting IVF started for us. In addition, you don't have Dr. Hodes' email or ability to message her directly so it can be cumbersome to go through her secretary or nurse to ask a question.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brooke Hodes-Wertz at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I was fully covered. I believe it costs upwards of $17,000 per egg retrieval with embryo biopsy for PGT (a separate fee is due to the genetics lab conducting the PFGT). There is a $1000 storage fee for storing embryos after the first year.
Describe Brooke Hodes-Wertz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I have not discussed this with her, but I prefer a single embryo transfer.

2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Grifo always gave us his full attention and thorough, thoughtful explanations for every step of treatment. He often spoke within the context of his extensive career and personal experience with infertility, with the point being that his professional opinion of our specific circumstances could be trusted, because he's seen it all - and he also understood the heartache and hope. This was always done in a reassuring - not arrogant - manner. We felt confident we were in good hands.
I can only say good things, the whole [NYU Langone Fertility Center] team was responsive and helpful. Very clear from day one who I needed to work with on what, and they were all prompt and thorough and professional and polite. No complaints...[nurses are] Always warm and reassuring. So important to fertility patients who are on edge waiting for results!
How was your experience with James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Grifo is present and focused on you as his patient and never distracted. Always patient and repeatedly asked whether there were questions or if we needed clarification on anything. Like I said in a previous answer, we were very confident we were in good hands.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Book him early! He is in demand!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols James Grifo used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I don't recall doses or timelines, but for the egg retrieval I took Gonal F, Menopur, Ganirelix, Pregnyl, and Leuprolide. I took Estrace, Crinone, and progesterone in oil shots for the FET. We had great results, after 1 egg retrieval we had 4 genetically normal embryos after PGT testing, the first FET resulted in a live birth, and we are looking to do another FET soon.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I can only say good things, the whole team was responsive and helpful. Very clear from day one who I needed to work with on what, and they were all prompt and thorough and professional and polite. No complaints.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
This was an efficient, well-oiled machine, and in the midst of Covid protocols to boot. I never had to wait long - times were assigned in advance and the nursing team were pros, as were the ultrasound techs and attending doctors.
Describe the costs associated with your care under James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
We paid out of pocket for everything except general testing and some monitoring (ultrasounds) counted towards a deductible. So it wasn't cheap, but it was worth it to work with this doctor at this clinic!
Describe James Grifo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
NYU Langone's policy is strict about singe embryo transfers, and we agreed with that approach.

2019 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Devore personally calls you to tell you results of pregnancy tests and whenever possible, she makes sure she is the doctor available for your ultrasounds and transfers...She was diligent and performed additional testing after an unsuccessful transfer to ensure there were no additional issue we needed to address
NYU Fertility clinic is a well oiled machine. They see a ton of patients and still manage to have minimal wait times for morning monitoring/ultrasounds. They provide the medication information in an easy to follow format and are always available to answer questions over the phone and are easily accessible. The nursing staff are all wonderful and compassionate and friendly and never make you feel like you are a bother when asking questions.
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Devore is the most caring, compassionate and successful doctor I have ever had. She made me feel so comfortable at each appointment and always answered my questions and made me feel at ease with her treatment plan. I always got an immediate response from her office and was able to get answers no matter what. She personally called me to give me results and when a transfer didn't work she immediately came up with a plan of action to ease my anxiety.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I did 3 transfers and the 2 I did with Dr. Devore were successful, the 1 I did with another doctor was not successful. Dr. Devore is obviously the best at her job. Fertility treatment is stressful and uncomfortable as it is, but Dr. Devore makes you feel at ease and alleviates the stress that accommodates IVF cycles.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Devore personally calls you to tell you results of pregnancy tests and whenever possible, she makes sure she is the doctor available for your ultrasounds and transfers. She is very compassionate and I truly felt she cared about my IVF journey. She was diligent and performed additional testing after an unsuccessful transfer to ensure there were no additional issue we needed to address. She took the time and provided extra attention to ensure I had a successful transfer. She also constantly had a plan for me and was positive and enthusiastic but also realistic with the possible outcomes.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
NYU Fertility Center has many patients and has a easy to follow and well established system in place. You check in using a kiosk each time you do morning monitoring and are in an out as quickly as possible.

2022, 15 Eggs Frozen
My experience with Dr. DeVore was really good. My initial consultation with her was informative, I came prepared with questions and she was able to answer all of them...her protocol plan for me was tailored with one less needle injection. I felt she listened to my concerns and she was easy to talk to. During the initial consult, she did my ultrasound, which I thought was great having the doctor do the ultrasounds.
I liked their [NYU Langone Fertility Center] satellite location in NoMad, which was convenient for me. The office was alway very well kept and modern, the waiting room was spacious enough and the check-in staff was always very pleasant. The nurses who drew my blood for morning monitoring were friendly and worked fast.
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
My experience with Dr. DeVore was really good. My initial consultation with her was informative, I came prepared with questions and she was able to answer all of them. I told her I was really afraid of needles, so her protocol plan for me was tailored with one less needle injection. I felt she listened to my concerns and she was easy to talk to. During the initial consult, she did my ultrasound, which I thought was great having the doctor do the ultrasounds. However, I think this may vary by location, at Nomad all my ultrasounds were done by the attending doctor of the day. I saw my doctor about 3 times throughout the process, and I interacted with another attending doctor for another 3 times for morning monitorings. Every time, they were all careful to say that Dr. DeVore will be the one to decide on my protocol and make adjustments if needed. The morning monitorings were just to collect blood samples and do ultrasounds.
Tell her all of your concerns, whether physical or mental. And give more information than it is asked for. I made sure to follow up with Dr. DeVore's team to provide additional information about my previous menstrual cycles so that she can tailor a protocol that works for me.
All the staff were pleasant. They always addressed me by my name. Even when the waiting room was crowded, they made sure to address each patient by name.
Describe the protocols Shannon DeVore used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
My protocal began with Gonal F pen at 450 IUs on Day 2 in the evenings and then Cetrotide on Day 6 in the mornings. My Gonal F dose was gradually reduced and then increased again for days 10-12 because my E2 started declining. Please remember that every body responds differently. My trigger shots were a combo of low-dose Ovidrel and Lupron shots.
I interacted with multiple nurses during my process. After each morning monitoring visit, a nurse would call me to read me my results and give me new instructions for the injections. When I call the nurse hotline for follow up questions, they do get back to me within the hour. I don't mind interacting with a different nurse each time because I felt like all my information was accurately recorded and that they were all very well trained to answer my questions. I never felt rushed on the phone calls and I always felt comfortable calling the nurse hotline back, although it was a bit annoying to leave a message with their operator every time.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I liked their satellite location in NoMad, which was convenient for me. The office was alway very well kept and modern, the waiting room was spacious enough and the check-in staff was always very pleasant. The nurses who drew my blood for morning monitoring were friendly and worked fast.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The initial consultation was covered by my insurance with co-pays. The cost of the freezing cycle was $9500, anesthesia not included, and my medications were covered by my insurance with co-pays.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The only thing that worried me was towards the end of the process when my E2 started dropping and I was not clear why it happened and what it meant. We thought I had ovulated just based on the bloodwork but a new scan the next day showed my follicles were still there, which was good news. I think my body just responded differently while all the other indicators were seemingly normal for what it was.
2019 - 2022, Successful
[Dr. Brooke Hodes-Wertz] is honest and straight to the point...responds to all of your questions and provides guidance when required...makes you feel comfortable and not embarrassed by your infertility. I appreciate her bedside manner...Don't expect to see her as often during the entire IVF process. You see her nurses and talk to her PCAs a lot more. They make a great team and are very welcoming and responsive.
For me, their location [NYU Langone Fertility Center] was great. Their monitoring hours and scheduling system was efficient. The team calls you when they are expected to so I never had to follow up on my own...Everything was fast paced, which I didn't mind. There were a lot of patients but the nursing team and staff were all very friendly and helpful whenever I reached out.
Dr. Hodes is honest and straight to the point. She responds to all of your questions and provides guidance when required. She makes you feel comfortable and not embarrassed by your infertility. I appreciate her bedside manner and the way she explains different aspects of the IVF process.
Nursing team was exceptional. They made me feel comfortable, calmed my nerves during my first cycle and explain everything in detail at each visit.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
For me, their location was great. Their monitoring hours and scheduling system was efficient. The team calls you when they are expected to so I never had to follow up on my own. The transfer process was quick and they discuss with you everything beforehand.
Multiple embryo transfer was never discussed.
2019 - 2022, Successful
she [Dr. DeVore] is kind, thoughtful, considerate, supportive and very smart. I trusted everything she told me and knew she would never sugarcoat the information I was receiving, including the statistical reality of various steps along the way. I truly appreciated this, as it felt that I always went into next steps with a realistic expectation...She is one of the most responsive doctors I've ever had, and so even though reaching out to her required going through her (excellent) patient coordinator Emily, I still found she usually called me within 24 hours or answered my emailed questions within a matter of hours or less (including on her days off!)
NYU can be a bit hard to navigate...the process of connecting with a person is very arduous and you nearly always end up connected to an answering service, even during business hours. At times, it took nurses (not Carrington though!) many hours to call back and I frequently had to do follow-up calls to get questions answered...Often any calls I had to make after hours were related to time sensitive questions about injections, and getting through to the on-call dotor sometimes took 15 minutes of talking to the answering service, always (inexplicably) starting with a question of whether or not I was a patient. At times the on-call doctors were extremely quick to respond, and very kind and helpful. At other times the calls back would take hours...
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I covered some of this previously but the shortest answer is that she is kind, thoughtful, considerate, supportive and very smart. I trusted everything she told me and knew she would never sugarcoat the information I was receiving, including the statistical reality of various steps along the way. I truly appreciated this, as it felt that I always went into next steps with a realistic expectation. Many components of the IVF process are a bit scary and require a lot of trust in your doctor's approach and decision making; I knew I had this with Dr. Devore, and also knew that she was going to carefully consider the best approach both for the outcome and for my own health.
Schedule a consultation and you too will want to sign right up. She is truly one of the best doctors I've ever had.
Dr. Devore is truly one of the kindest and most thoughtful doctors I've ever been lucky enough to have. From the very start of this journey she listened to my questions, concerns and hopes for the future, and helped me understand my options accordingly. She never once shied away from the data and was always wholly transparent about what the options were and what the potential outcomes might be. When I first came to her I was interested in egg freezing but over a long period of time (lengthened by my choice to slightly delay things because of the pandemic), my needs changed and she helped me clarify what she thought was the best path forward in light of what I hoped to achieve—and she was exactly right. She is one of the most responsive doctors I've ever had, and so even though reaching out to her required going through her (excellent) patient coordinator Emily, I still found she usually called me within 24 hours or answered my emailed questions within a matter of hours or less (including on her days off!). She was compassionate in listening to my concerns—both medical and otherwise—and extremely supportive from the very start. As someone choosing to become a parent on my own, it was particularly impactful to feel that she supported my decisions and was on my team as I made my decisions (no matter how long they took me—and I was often very slow!). I cannot imagine having gone through this with any other doctor and would recommend her to truly anyone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Emily (patient coordinator) and Carrington)
Emily, the patient coordinator, was extremely responsive, kind, supportive and very patient with my many questions. If I reached out to her incorrectly she was always helpful getting my question answered by the right part of my care team. = Carrington, my primary nurse, was very kind, helpful, thoughtful and always helped answer my questions along the way. She was not always the person I worked with directly because of timing and vacation schedules, but she was extremely helpful at all times when she was who I connected with.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
NYU can be a bit hard to navigate and it's sometimes a bit tricky to know how you can reach the people you need. In particular, my biggest frustration was with their phone process—if you have to use the phone tree, the process of connecting with a person is very arduous and you nearly always end up connected to an answering service, even during business hours. At times, it took nurses (not Carrington though!) many hours to call back and I frequently had to do follow-up calls to get questions answered. I had direct lines for Emily and Carrington and when I called those I got answers very quickly from both of them, but if for some reason either of them was not in the office on a given day, the process was very frustrating. Similarly, the answering service in the evenings is deeply frustrating. Often any calls I had to make after hours were related to time sensitive questions about injections, and getting through to the on-call dotor sometimes took 15 minutes of talking to the answering service, always (inexplicably) starting with a question of whether or not I was a patient. At times the on-call doctors were extremely quick to respond, and very kind and helpful. At other times the calls back would take hours. On one occasion the doctor on-call called back and sounded extremely annoyed and was very dismissive. None of the above would deter me from recommending NYU but it's definitely an area for improvement. I would also suggest trying to get any and all direct lines possible for the people you are trying to reach.
I was lucky to have health insurance coverage and be in-network so all told my costs were very low.
Describe Shannon DeVore's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I believe NYU generally does a single embryo transfer; I agree with this approach and it never came up directly with Dr. Devore, as it would have been my preference without question even if it wasn't the norm at the clinic.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
There was one small mixup with repeat baseline testing that was accidentally not ordered as it should have been. The staff member was extremely apologetic and from my perspective the mistake was understandable in light of various time frames that made catching it a little complicated. The issue was caught before it caused an issue and solved without impact; felt like a human error from an extremely efficient staff member who I greatly appreciated and seems almost not worth mentioning. A larger issue that does seem worth noting is that after the egg retrieval. the nursing staff did not provide me with any handouts or information related to OHSS. I happened to know I was at risk and called to get the information sent to me when I realized it had not been sent to me. Similarly, after the retrieval there were a variety of suggestions for items to have on hand, including things like coconut water instead of regular water, etc. Perhaps not knowing this before the procedure wouldn't have been as surprising to me in a non-pandemic moment, but in light of the circumstances I was frustrated to realize I should have had a few items on hand. I'd suggest NYU provide this information ahead of time so patients can prepare as needed.

2 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. DeVore is empathetic and I never felt rushed when I saw her in person or spoke to her...Compassionate, empathetic, responsive, tailors your treatment to you, willing to try new things, willing to listen to your concerns/suggestions yet will provide her thoughts/take on it, interacts with you instead of solely relying on the nurses/staff...
NYU is a well-oiled machine. They are equipped to handle their volume of patients and although I often felt like a number during morning monitoring due to the number of other patients, most of the nurses were very warm and pleasant. It is helpful to go earlier (closer to 7am) during morning monitoring hours -- you will be in and out as opposed to scheduling closer to 9am...
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Absolutely love her. I have recommended her to three of my close friends. She is everything you would want in a fertility doctor. Compassionate, empathetic, responsive, tailors your treatment to you, willing to try new things, willing to listen to your concerns/suggestions yet will provide her thoughts/take on it, interacts with you instead of solely relying on the nurses/staff. I wish I had started my egg freezing journey with her and didn't just go with a name/title as I did for my first doctor, which came recommended by my gyno and a friend that works on the admin side of the NYU hospital system. I had an unquestionably better experience with Dr. DeVore and am so happy I switched to her.
She will be your guide and friend throughout this difficult process, so treat her with kindness and she will be there for you every step of the way. Don't be afraid to bring your perspective and suggestions based on your own research and reading -- she is open to hearing your ideas and is not dismissive like other doctors can be.
Dr. DeVore is empathetic and I never felt rushed when I saw her in person or spoke to her. She was willing to experiment and try different protocols when it became clear my past protocols were only producing a minimum number of eggs. I felt like she understood my concerns with my past experience with another doctor and was open to hearing my suggestions based on research I had done, instead of shutting it down quickly like my previous doctor had. Infertility is still a developing field of science so I appreciated that she was open minded since I was desperate for different results and standard protocols were not working well for me. She is extremely responsive and I appreciated that she often called me herself (rather than have a nurse call) to give me an update or my results.
Prior to starting with Dr. DeVore, I had done two cycles with another doctor in the practice using first an antagonist protocol with clomid (resulting in 3 M-2) and second a microdose lupron protocol (resulting in 2 M-2 and 2 M-1). The results were mediocre so Dr. DeVore experimented with different protocols, including having me come in as soon the same morning I started spotting versus day 2 (with day 1 being full flow) with my previous doctor. Our rounds together included the following. I appreciated that after each of the first two rounds, we tried something different since the protocol wasn't producing the results we were hoping for. The number of eggs retrieved given my age were soul crushingly low. Round 1: Antagonist (300 Gonal F, 300 Menopur). Results: 1 M-2, 1 GV, 1 unable to be retrieved Round 2: Low dose antagonist with Clomid (75 Gonal F, 75 Menopur) Results: 1 M-2, 1 M-1 and 1 GV Round 3: Microdose lupron with Omnitrope for first 5 days (5 MDL, 300 Gonal F, 150 Menopur) Results: 6 M-2 and 1 GV Round 4: Microdose lupron with Omnitrope for first 5 days (5 MDL, 300 Gonal F, 150 Menopur) Results: 4 M-2 Round 5: Microdose lupron with Omnitrope for first 5 days (5 MDL, 300 Gonal F, 150 Menopur) Results: 6 M-2, 3 GV Round 3 was my best round yet so we appeared to have found a protocol that worked for me, so we stuck with it for rounds 3-5.
Here's where I did feel like a number sometimes given how many people they saw but I appreciate that they always had the correct info and I never questioned their competence or attention to detail. I did hate that I always had to leave a message with a central answering service to talk to a nurse but I appreciate that the nurses were pretty timely in giving me a call back.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Efficient and well-oiled machine. I was a seasoned pro having done 7 cycles so I appreciated being able to get in and out relatively quickly. Just know that you will not always see your doctor during monitoring -- it depends on what day you are scheduled to come in based off your own body/results and which doctor is on call that day. But I appreciated that I always knew Dr. DeVore was reviewing my results behind the scenes and she would often give me a call re: next steps if she did not see me for monitoring that day.
$9,200 for first round of egg freezing, $8,200 for each subsequent round. These included all morning monitoring, blood tests, retrieval, etc. other than anesthesia. Medication was separate.

2021, Successful
Dr. Blakemore always had a smile on her face, never made you feel rushed, always was honest and answered your questions to the best of her ability. I never felt like I was on a time limit, or that she wasn't available if I needed her. Twice I had to call with questions, and twice Dr. Blakemore HERSELF called me back almost right away to answer the questions and calm my nerves when my nerves needed to be calmed...I wanted to transfer two embryos but Dr. Blakemore insisted we do only one...
The nursing team [at NYU Langone Fertility Center] always reached out when you needed them and always gave detailed information. You never felt rushed and sometimes they even listened to me vent. They showed compassion and kindness from day one and did whatever they could to assist you and your doctor in getting you the care and information you need...I usually waited 10-15 min for an ultrasound after blood work which isn't bad. Occasionally on very very busy days, I had to wait 30 minutes and maybe once or twice more but in total, you were essentially in and out in an hour...
How was your experience with Jennifer Blakemore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I was lucky enough to become pregnant under the care of Dr. Blakemore. After 2 and a half years trying to conceive. I came from another practice with many issues so my first consultation with her, I had reservations about trusting someone else with my fertility treatments, especially after feeling so ignored at my previous clinic. From the first day meeting with her, she really helps you feel relaxed, calm and shared her own personal journey with me which helped break down some of my walls. She was thorough with everything she explained to both me and my husband and let us know she was always available if we needed her. Dr. Blakemore wasn't kidding. She seemingly works every single day, and has even called me back herself on numerous occasions to answer questions for me. You can see the passion she has in all that she does - she's beaming with it. She's excited everyday to come to work and help people conceive children. It's hard not to be excited when your doctor is so excited and positive and happy to be there. She helps you see the positive and continue moving forward even when setbacks seem huge. She supports you in your decisions and explains risks and benefits. I felt like she became my friend while I was there - my own personal cheerleader cheering me on. As a doctor, she's incredible and she absolutely amazing at what she does. If you need protocol adjusted, she adjusts it. She knows what works. Our second retrieval was 3x as successful as our first BECAUSE of Jennifer Blakemore. This woman will one day be in the hall of fame for science or something because she does so much research and cares about what she does, shes either going to discover something magical - I don't know. She's up to date on the latest information. I literally could go on and on and on about how marvelous I think she is as a person and as a doctor. She would always inform me where she would be so I knew where to schedule my appointment so I could be seen by her. She's incredibly hands on. Again, this is her passion and as a patient, you feel like your success is her passion - her goal. I wish all my doctors were as incredible as Dr. Blakemore. Tears were shed when I finally was lucky enough to graduate the fertility clinic because she was so caring, compassionate, kind, dedicated - just amazing. Words cannot describe. If you're looking for a fertility doctor, you would be VERY lucky to have the chance to work with Dr. Blakemore. It was the ultimate privilege for myself and my husband and I truly believe that without her, we wouldn't be pregnant right now. She made me a better person through this process. I owe her everything and cannot thank her enough.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Blakemore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I don't feel like you need any advice from me other than to trust Dr. Blakemore. She knows what she's talking about. If you listen to her, you will be in the best hands around!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Blakemore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Although there are many patients in this clinic, the staff works as a team to make you feel special and make you feel like you're the only patient in the facility. From the way the nurses checked you in, took your blood work and answered questions to the face to face appointments with Dr. Blakemore. Dr. Blakemore always had a smile on her face, never made you feel rushed, always was honest and answered your questions to the best of her ability. I never felt like I was on a time limit, or that she wasn't available if I needed her. Twice I had to call with questions, and twice Dr. Blakemore HERSELF called me back almost right away to answer the questions and calm my nerves when my nerves needed to be calmed. I feel like she cares about each of her patients and takes her job seriously. It's not a job for her. It's a passion and she has a team around her who help support that.
Describe the protocols Jennifer Blakemore used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
For IUI, we used Clomid and Ovidrel. For both retrievals, we used Clomid. For my first retrieval, we used Menopur, Gonal F, Ovidrel and Cetritide. On my second and final retrieval, we used Gonal F, Lupron, and HCG. There may have been more but I can't remember. The change from the first to second retrieval helped us get better quality eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
From day one, Dr. Blakemore's assistant Shenetta helped me stay focused, stay calm and answered every single one of my questions - and there were a lot. The nursing team always reached out when you needed them and always gave detailed information. You never felt rushed and sometimes they even listened to me vent. They showed compassion and kindness from day one and did whatever they could to assist you and your doctor in getting you the care and information you need. Couldn't be happier with the team!
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I have no complaints at all about this clinic, aside from one appointment (which just happened to be bad luck because so many people were there lol - not in the clinics control), the appointment wait times are very reasonable (15 minutes, sometimes less than 5 minutes). The staff is kind, compassionate, caring. My only negative experience was that I am disabled and needed to use the elevator to get to the second floor and the girl at the front desk was not educated on disabilities and it was a very complicated process, where I loudly had to basically plead my case to convince her I was disabled enough for her liking to be able to use the elevator. Aside from that, everyone was amazing.
Morning monitoring was an interesting experience because while I have no complaints, there is a certain feeling of a cattle call, but very minor. It doesn't change my perception of this clinic, because it also runs as a well oiled machine. You come in, they call you back, take your blood work and then you wait in another area to be called for your ultrasound. Each time you delt with a staff member, it was very individualized, but I would have liked going from blood work, to an US room instead of another waiting area, however I understand why they do it this way. The quicker they get your blood work in, the quicker they call you with the results. The blood work takes a few minutes while ultrasounds take more time. It can feel frustrating at first, but you get the hang of it. I think theres just this feeling of being at a fertility clinic where you just want to get in, get the info and get on with your life because you don't want to become "the fertility girl" so the waiting can seem worse than it is. I usually waited 10-15 min for an ultrasound after blood work which isn't bad. Occasionally on very very busy days, I had to wait 30 minutes and maybe once or twice more but in total, you were essentially in and out in an hour - give or take 20 minutes - which I didn't mind because I got to see my doctor each time so it was blood work, ultrasound and speaking to my doctor which felt worth it to me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Blakemore at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
We were lucky to have insurance so we had copays since our deductible was met and then just the cost of the PGT testing. I know this is not the standard practice so we feel very lucky that this was our experience.
Describe Jennifer Blakemore's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I wanted to transfer two embryos but Dr. Blakemore insisted we do only one. I wasn't pleased then because I was so nervous it was going to fail, but I trusted her, because she gave me the information I needed to understand that one was the way to go. If we failed on our first transfer, we could discuss two in the future. I was very concerned with running out of insurance benefits, but in the end I am VERY happy I listed to Dr. Blakemore because I am pregnant and to me, that is a success!

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Devore set realistic expectations for us and continued to tailor our treatment plan based on the results we were getting...Dr. Devore was listening to us and giving us personalized care based on our situation (not the "standards")...She is hands on, and is very easy to get in touch with. She was always the one to call us with results...she was the only doctor who made an effort to read our entire medical record and then setup a follow up call with us where she tailored her recomendations based on our history...
NYU is a very well run and organized clinic. The scheduling for appointments was very easy. All appointments ran on time. I was always in and out of the office quickly and without stress. There are two locations you can visit for monitoring during the week which makes things convenient...All the nurses are extremely friendly and supportive....
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Devore is the best doctor I have ever had the privilege of seeing. She is compassionate and forward thinking and always had us feeling supported and listened to. After having a failed IVF cycle along with three failed embryo transfers at a previous clinic, we were starting to lose hope. Dr. Devore set realistic expectations for us and continued to tailor our treatment plan based on the results we were getting which we believe made all the difference! We did one round of IVF under her care and were successful with our first embryo transfer.
If you want a doctor who is dedicated to her patients then this is the doctor for you! She is hands on, and is very easy to get in touch with. She was always the one to call us with results (compared to some other clinics where the nurses will call), and we always heard from her the same day the results came in! There was even a time I was not able to answer my phone and she proactively called my husband on a Sunday afternoon to share results we had been waiting for. She is truly an exceptional doctor.
After using two previous fertility doctors and having a failed IVF cycle (with three failed embryo transfers) we decided to interview new clinics/doctors in search of more personalized care. We met with 4 other doctors/clinics and the moment we met with Dr. Devore we knew we were in the right hands. After our initial consult, she was the only doctor who made an effort to read our entire medical record and then setup a follow up call with us where she tailored her recomendations based on our history. At other clinics we felt as if we were just another number going through the same exact protocol as everyone else. I always felt that Dr. Devore was listening to us and giving us personalized care based on our situation (not the "standards").
After having a failed IVF cycle/three failed embryo transfers at our last clinic we were determined to setup our next cycle for success. Dr. Devore recomended PGS testing our embryos, and performing an ERA/uterine biopsy prior to transfer which I think made all the difference. She was also always thinking one step ahead. Our embryos were not the best quality so she also recommended that we transfer two at the same time (which is not the norm, and most doctors are hesitant to do). We were successful with our very first embryo transfer under her care which resulted in one healthy singleton baby.
All the nurses are extremely friendly and supportive.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Dr Devore allowed us to transfer two embryos based on our prior history, and the quality of our embryos. The transfer of two embryos resulted in one singleton birth.

2021, Successful
The nursing and administrative staff at the NYU west side location is incredible. They are always there to help answer questions, coordinate precious time, and provide you with the care you need to get through a very timely and emotional process....We much preferred the West Side location to the East, particularly when it came to working with the administrative and nursing staff. We also found that the earliest appointment slots were best for time management, especially if you work full time.
Previous to seeing Dr. Blakemore, I had gone to my obgyn for an ultrasound to inquire whether I had PCOS or not. After almost a month and a half of ignored test results and unclear communication with my obgyn, we decided to see Dr. Blakemore. From the intake process, Dr. Blakemore ruled out what I had thought was the issue of our infertility caused by my PCOS, with the larger factor of low sperm count that was contributing to our failed attempts at conceiving. From the very beginning, Dr. Blakemore helped us truly understand every detail of our options, our journey, and possible outcomes. Just as importantly, she provided us with immediate attention and care, and we never, ever felt like time was wasted. Dr. Blakemore is as compassionate as she is comprehensive, and I don’t have enough words to describe how happy we were to find her. In the end, our course of treatment was IVF, and we were successful with Dr. Blakemore after one round of retrievals and one transfer. We have four additional healthy embryos frozen from this round as well. We always felt like we were in the best hands possible with her as our doctor, and I am so glad she will be there for us in the future.
Dr. Blakemore is the most caring doctor we’ve ever been to. At a time when our emotions were running high from many uncertainties, Dr. Blakemore never treated us like we were one of many. She was always there to answer questions and concerns, and provided direct information with kindness and compassion.
IVF with ICSI
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The nursing and administrative staff at the NYU west side location is incredible. They are always there to help answer questions, coordinate precious time, and provide you with the care you need to get through a very timely and emotional process. We are still in contact with the staff that were part of our fertility journey at the west side location, and miss them constantly! We wish they could have been a part of our entire pregnancy journey as well.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
We much preferred the West Side location to the East, particularly when it came to working with the administrative and nursing staff. We also found that the earliest appointment slots were best for time management, especially if you work full time. Overall, both locations provided us with positive experiences.
fully covered through insurance aside from PGA-T testing

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Grifo spent a lot of time explaining, in blunt terms, the chances of a successful IVF given my age. (We are a same-sex couple, so IVF was our only option really to conceive). He explained the process and the protocol he'd use at our initial consultation. After that, we didn't see Dr. Grifo again — patients at NYU Fertility will see other doctors during monitoring and for procedures, which makes you feel more like a number than a patient of one specific doctor. It's also unclear if the doctor personally reviews monitoring results and makes decisions or if the doctor you see during monitoring is making decisions about next steps. That was never clear to me.
during monitoring [at NYU Langone Fertility Center] you may see a different nurse as there are multiple women waiting each morning. You'd get a quick blood draw and they would review instructions for drugs etc., This was when you had a chance to ask any questions. They would call in the afternoon with instructions based on your blood results...There's a $4,600 fee that you have to pay up front to cover biopsies. After you're done at the clinic, you get a refund for any unused funds. It took me MONTHS to get the refund and had to repeatedly follow up in order to get any update...
How was your experience with James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
If you want to speak to Dr. Grifo you should push for that. Otherwise, you will only ever deal his assistants and with other doctors and nurses you see along the way.
I went to Dr. Grifo because he came highly recommended from another friend/patient. He obviously knows what he's doing and has tons and tons of experience however, apart from our initial consultations and video calls with Dr. Grifo after the first failed cycle, we never had any interactions with him. I saw a different doctor or fellow during monitoring and Dr. DeVore did my transfers both times. I'm also not entirely sure my monitoring data was ever personally reviewed by Grifo to determine course of action.
On our first cycle, I was on 300 of Gonal F and 150 of Menopur and Clomid, Cetrotide and a combo of Ovidrel and Lupron for the trigger shot. This resulted in 6 eggs being retrieved, 4 of which were successfully fertilized using ICSI, 2 were biopsied, there were no viable embryos first cycle. Second cycle, I took Lupron from the start and alternated between Gonal F and Menopur starting on the 4th day. Ovidrel for the trigger shot, 6 eggs retrieved, 4 embryos, 4 biopsied, 1 healthy embryo, 1 segmented-mosaic. The healthy embryo resulted in a baby girl!
during monitoring you may see a different nurse as there are multiple women waiting each morning. You'd get a quick blood draw and they would review instructions for drugs etc., This was when you had a chance to ask any questions. They would call in the afternoon with instructions based on your blood results. They were all friendly, some more than others, but no complaints.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The waiting room is nice and open and the check in process was organized. Sometimes, they'd not call you in in the order you arrived, so after waiting a very long time I would go to the back to check in. This only happened once or twice otherwise I was called in quickly on most days.
There's a $4,600 fee that you have to pay up front to cover biopsies. After you're done at the clinic, you get a refund for any unused funds. It took me MONTHS to get the refund and had to repeatedly follow up in order to get any update. It was not easy to get the refund and if I hadn't persisted I don't think I would have seen the money.
I trusted and agreed with Dr. Grifo's advice that we should only transfer a single embryo and that's what we did.

2021, Successful
I was a patient of Dr.DeVore for about a year. It took some time on my end to make the jump from consultation to a successful embryo transfer. As I navigated through elements on my end, she was supportive and never rushed my process...Dr.DeVore's treatment strategy for me yielded four viable embryos after PGT testing and a successful transfer :).
NYU is a well oiled machine. It can get busy and sometimes there can be a wait for morning monitoring but I saw that as a positive- a lot of people choose this clinic for a reason. Try to go as early as possible for monitoring but be patient. No matter what you are in good hands. Also when I had to call for clarification or trouble shooting for any of the medications, the nurses always called me back quickly.
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I was a patient of Dr.DeVore for about a year. It took some time on my end to make the jump from consultation to a successful embryo transfer. As I navigated through elements on my end, she was supportive and never rushed my process. When we started treatments she was always honest about what to expect and when any concerns crept up she was able to alleviate them- often by just reminding me to focus on the end game and the facts (but also reminding me its ok to cry and be emotional which I appreciated). An example of this is when i was waiting for my PGT testing to be completed after my egg retrieval and it was suggested that i do another round of IVF. i had not thought about this and got a little emotional over the thought doing another round. I remember crying on the phone and being embarrassed about this. Dr.DeVore talked to me like a friend but also a dr, telling me that I had some time to make a decision and to take that time to think it through.
Pick Dr.DeVore to be your dr and trust her. She has great gut instincts.
Dr.DeVore is incredible. She made it clear that we were partners in this and together we would figure out the best path forward. She called me personally to share any important news and always had candid conversations with me. Dr.DeVore (and her team) never rushed me out of the room or off the phone and always made me feel calm and in control of what was going on, which is pretty amazing considering there is so much in this process which is really not in my control at all.
I don't remember the exact protocols but it mirrored closely the sample schedule and protocols that were provided in earlier consultations. Dr.DeVore's treatment strategy for me yielded four viable embryos after PGT testing and a successful transfer :).
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Emily Hawkins- patient coordinator )
I loved the entire team- both Dr. DeVore's team and at the fertility clinic. Some of my logistics felt complicated and time sensitive at times and Emily was so great about responding quickly and helping me anticipate any obstacles- and reassuring me that everything was going smoothly. I also really appreciated the insurance team which always helped me and were empathic throughout. All the nurses were supportive and helpful along the way as well, answering any and all questions about injections , timing of things, etc.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
All procedures and monitoring was covered but the specific type of insurance I have didn't cover meds. PGT testing wasn't covered either.

2021, Successful
This [NYU Langone Fertility Center] is a well oiled machine with a lot of patients. They definitely know what they are doing. Even though you don’t always see the same doctors or the same nurses, they somehow follow through and make things work seamlessly...Even though at times I felt like just a number, I always got my answers and call backs which changed my mind...
How was your experience with Alan Berkeley at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Berkeley is very knowledgeable in what he does. He took time to explain our situation and what to expect after reviewing all our previous tests. He was very straight forward and honest and backed many of his answers with statistics. My partner and I had a chance to ask a lot of questions and we never felt rushed to end our appointment. Dr. Berkeley was very patient and went above on answering all our questions. Even though I did not see him at every visit, if I had a question, I would call or email his coordinator or assistant who would talk to Dr. Berkeley and find out the answer for me. When I had a hiccup with my treatment and I told one of the nurses, Dr. Berkeley called me to see how I was doing and to ask if I had any questions. I never felt I could not reach out to him, you just need to contact him through his assistant or his coordinator who can schedule a time to talk to him if needed. They were both very efficient and pleasant to deal with.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Berkeley at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Be your own advocate and if you need to reach out to him, follow through with his assistant or his coordinator. He is a busy doctor but he still takes the time to look at your case if you request it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Berkeley at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Even though the clinic has a large number of patients, all the staff tries to call you by your name and they try to familiarize themselves with your case details before talking to you. If they are not scheduled to talk to you, for example if you miss a nurse’s call and call back, it takes a while to find someone who can answer questions specific to your case as you always talk to a different person. However, if you leave a message with your question, someone usually gets back to you with an answer on the same day
This is a very busy clinic and, with the amount of patients, I was surprised that the nurses took their time to familiarize themselves with your case before seeing you. I asked them questions on every visit, even if it was only for bloodwork and, they were always helpful. If they didn’t know an answer, they would write it down, find out and, get back to you on the same day. My only issue was if I missed a nurse’s call after the morning monitoring, I would call back and it was difficult to talk to a nurse familiar with your case. You would have to leave a message and wait for someone to call you back, which took hours
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
This is a well oiled machine with a lot of patients. They definitely know what they are doing. Even though you don’t always see the same doctors or the same nurses, they somehow follow through and make things work seamlessly. I spoke to a nurse who told me that they couldn’t leave for the day before calling all the patients with their test results or to answer their questions. Even though at times I felt like just a number, I always got my answers and call backs which changed my mind.
The morning appointments are usually from 7am to 9am. If you go early enough, the wait it’s not that long, usually around 10 minutes. If you go later in the morning, the wait time is usually longer
Describe Alan Berkeley's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Dr. Berkeley said he only recommended eSET because of the high risk associated with multiple pregnancies, and the fact that tests have improved in the last years, increasing the chances of success with a single embryo transfer
Alan Berkeley
2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Blakemore explained the entire process from the start to the end. She made sure we understood all the risks, benefits, and alternatives of each procedure. She frequently asked if we had any questions throughout each encounter. She made us feel empowered by letting us chose educated decisions regarding our treatments...She was very thorough during our fertility work-up/evaluation...
The nursing staff [at NYU Langone] we absolutely detailed and organized. They were very knowledgeable. Also very kind and patient which is important...Ease of access (1st ave and west side). Entire team was wonderful. Not exactly weakness, but sometimes you will have different nurse and providers for some appointments (not a weakness again, each staff is well updated with your case and history)...
Dr. Jennifer Blakemore is truly a gem of a physician! She is an intelligent doctor with an absolutely wonderful heart. My husband and I are very grateful to Dr. Blakemore and her team for helping us build a family. She made us feel that we belonged to the right place the moment from time of our initial consultation. She was very thorough during our fertility work-up/evaluation. She made sure that my husband and I understood each process and progression of each treatment. I felt truly comfortable and at ease during each procedure. She was always on top of my test results especially during my daily monitoring for my retrievals. She gave us a true sense of hope in this complex world of infertility. We will be forever grateful to her care. We strongly recommend Dr. Blakemore for any future fertility patients.
Always ask questions! She would love to answer them!
Ovulation induction with Letrozole x 2. IUI with letrozole x1 Egg retrieval FET
The nursing staff we absolutely detailed and organized. They were very knowledgeable. Also very kind and patient which is important!
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
My insurance paid for majority of our treatments but in overall out-of-pocket costs, we spent about $12,000 for including co-pay, PGT-A, embryo biopsy, and medications.

2021, Consult
Dr. Blakemore explained all of this information to me bluntly and honestly but gently...recommended I did not try anything but the old-fashioned way, and then return to her if that didn’t work out. Luckily for me, my partner and I conceived spontaneously. Dr. Blakemore directed me down the path that made her zero profit, because she cares about her patients and their needs....
All the staff at NYU Langone Fertility Clinic was warm, helpful, patient and communicative...Dr. Blakemore recommended I did not try anything but the old-fashioned way, and then return to her if that didn’t work out. Luckily for me, my partner and I conceived spontaneously. Dr. Blakemore directed me down the path that made her zero profit, because she cares about her patients and their needs.
Dr. Blakemore is a wonderful physician and person. I had an unusual fertility journey. Wanting to check in on my fertility, I was referred to Dr. Blakemore by a relative. I found out that I have a very low AMH level for my age, a high FSH, and a blocked Fallopian tube. Dr. Blakemore explained all of this information to me bluntly and honestly but gently, and told me not to worry yet as I was still young and healthy. Finding out this information, I was extremely nervous as I have always really wanted to be a mother. I asked if I should freeze eggs for future children or go through treatments. I would have gone through any process suggested, but Dr. Blakemore recommended I did not try anything but the old-fashioned way, and then return to her if that didn’t work out. Luckily for me, my partner and I conceived spontaneously. Dr. Blakemore directed me down the path that made her zero profit, because she cares about her patients and their needs. I know for a fact she treats patients on a case-by-case basis as my referring relative froze eggs with Dr. Blakemore, whereas I was advised not to due to my DOR and low AMH. I highly recommend this doctor!
Trust Dr. Blakemore’s judgment
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
All the staff at NYU Langone Fertility Clinic was warm, helpful, patient and communicative. I learned a lot about my personal fertility from my consultations with them. I would highly recommend this clinic.

2021, 6 Eggs Frozen
We recommend Dr Blakemore at the highest level. She was so kind, caring, patient, informative, great bedside manner, proactive follow ups with results and next steps. We couldn't have asked for better care...My partner used Menopure and Gonal, and before the retrieval she took a trigger hormone. The results were that we were able to freeze 6 eggs
The [NYU Langone Fertility Center] clinic was cut from the same cloth as Dr. Blakemore - professional, courteous, thorough, informative, and patient. So it was a seamless experience whether we were dealing directly with Dr Blakemore or her staff...cost was $10,000 plus the cost of Rx $250 and anesthesia $650...
no advice, simply encouragement, that he/she is in great hands with a fantastic doctor and you should expect her to make the best of the situation for you.
We recommend Dr Blakemore at the highest level. So kind, caring, patient, informative, great bedside manner, proactive follow ups with results and next steps. Couldn't have asked for better care.
My partner used Menopure and Gonal, and before the retrieval she took a trigger hormone. The results were that we were able to freeze 6 eggs. It wasn't what we hoped for; we hoped for 15 or 20, but that wasn't the Dr's faults.
They were cut from the same cloth as Dr. Blakemore - professional, courteous, thorough, informative, and patient.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The clinic was cut from the same cloth as Dr. Blakemore - professional, courteous, thorough, informative, and patient. So it was a seamless experience whether we were dealing directly with Dr Blakemore or her staff.
cost was $10,000 plus the cost of Rx $250 and anesthesia $650

2020 - 2021, Successful
This was the single best experience I've ever had with a medical provider of any kind. This was also the hardest experience of my life. As a non-binary queer person, I have a lot of feelings about reproduction (and a lot of doubts). Dr. Blakemore made it easy to come to the office (I almost looked forward to it)...really listened to me...never mis-gendered me, never made my wife feel less than, and honored our non-traditional family structure (using a known donor for at-home insemination).
Overall, the staff at NYU could use a training on pronouns (though Dr. Blakemore was exceptional)...For important medical issues, we got immediate calls back and they were very communicative. For insurance reimbursement and second parent adoption paperwork later on, we struggled to get in touch...Basically, no one would respond to us once we were pregnant.
This was the single best experience I've ever had with a medical provider of any kind. This was also the hardest experience of my life. As a non-binary queer person, I have a lot of feelings about reproduction (and a lot of doubts). Dr. Blakemore made it easy to come to the office (I almost looked forward to it). She really listened to me and never second guessed my hunches about my body (which turned out to be accurate). Dr. Blakemore never mis-gendered me, never made my wife feel less than, and honored our non-traditional family structure (using a known donor for at-home insemination). She leveled with us honestly about our chances but also kept us feeling hopeful. We followed her advice and treatment plan, including having a hysteroscopy and using Letrozole at home for two cycles. Two months later, I was pregnant and went on to deliver a healthy baby (Jan 2022). When we had to go see an OBGYN for my pregnancy, we actively missed Dr. Blakemore and felt that it was basically impossible to match her level of care and cultural sensitivity.
Ask anything you want and share your fears. If you have hunches about your body, share them. Dr. Blakemore will not judge, she'll listen, and she'll address your questions/fears/doubts extremely thoroughly.
Dr. Blakemore is extremely thorough and caring. At our first session, she spent over an hour with my partner and I just explaining reproductive systems (with a slide deck of over 70 slides). Along the way, she answered every medical question, called on her day off, validated our emotions, and treated us like we were her most important priority (when I knew she had many many patients to see). She also treated my wife (the non-gestational partner) with so much love and care. I am non-binary and have some past medical trauma so she was extremely careful with me and made me feel super safe--always being the one to scan me and assuring me she would perform the surgery I later needed (and no one else would even touch me).
We did a few cycles of at home insemination with a known donor. We realized that our donor had a low sperm count after speaking with Dr. Blakemore about the consistency of the sperm and sending the donor for testing. We then switched known donors at the advice of Dr. Blakemore. I later suspected there was something wrong with my reproductive system after several failed attempts (even though I was ovulating normally) so we did an HSG and found uterine adhesions. I had a hysteroscopy and did two cycles of at-home insemination with Letrozole to help out. I got pregnant on the second cycle and delivered a healthy baby in January 2022.
I am not sure about the nursing staff as we didn't often interact with nurses (a few blood draws maybe?). For important medical issues, we got immediate calls back and they were very communicative. For insurance reimbursement and second parent adoption paperwork later on, we struggled to get in touch. Some of the nurses and billers were not as good with my gender pronouns as Dr. Blakemore.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Clinic was pretty busy for blood work and monitoring on the East side so there was often a wait and it was crowded (even during COVID-19). Overall, the staff at NYU could use a training on pronouns (though Dr. Blakemore was exceptional). For billing reimbursement and other paperwork, it was a little hard to get in touch. But, overall, the experience was wonderful.
We spent a few thousand dollars on freezing sperm and then a few hundred on co-pays and medications (or maybe like a grand?). Some of our expenses related to the sperm freezing were reimbursable through my wife's union but we never got the paperwork we needed from the clinic. We had to get her office to change the policy (which was months and months of advocacy) because we couldn't get what we needed from NYU. Basically, no one would respond to us once we were pregnant.
Not applicable.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Blakemore was one of the kindest doctors I’ve ever had the pleasure of working with. I was always greeted with a smile, she remembered our fertility history without having to be reminded and I appreciated how she was very honest about the realities of the outcome while still being optimistic. It made us hopeful but grounded in our expectations...
The staff [at NYU Langone] can and will answer any questions you have quickly. I was never made to feel like I was asking a dumb question or was being to needy. Once the process starts, it’s fast! It’s good to use the support of the staff...Everyone I dealt with in the facility was extremely professional as well as friendly...
Jennifer Blakemore was kind, compassionate and honest. She made me feel comfortable in every aspect of my treatment and helped me to feel positive and calm when I began stressing about my pregnancy in the early stages after it was confirmed. I would recommend her to anyone hoping to conceive.
Trust that she will be honest with you about the reality of the fertility process, while still remaining very positive. That smile and bubbly demeanor isn’t an act, it’s genuine!
Prior to the egg retrieval, I did what was considered the standard amount and dosage of shots for several weeks. Despite having a low egg reserve, we were able to retrieve 7 eggs, 3 of which were viable embryos after genetic testing. After my confirmed pregnancy, I started on progesterone shots and a suppository of endometrin. My body reacted poorly to the endometrin and I had some bleeding after a few weeks. Dr. Blakemore quickly adjusted my medication so I no longer had to take the suppository and instead took a progesterone shot daily as opposed to every other day. This immediately stopped the bleeding and my pregnancy progressed perfectly after that.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
A new patient may want to know that while the process seems daunting at first, don’t be afraid to ask questions. The staff can and will answer any questions you have quickly. I was never made to feel like I was asking a dumb question or was being to needy. Once the process starts, it’s fast! It’s good to use the support of the staff
I was fortunate enough to have a large amount of the fertility costs covered under my insurance. We paid in full for the genetic testing (which was by choice, and not required) and paid a partial cost of some of the necessary medications.
I understood my age to be a factor in using one embryo instead of multiple. Pregnancy with multiples can be more risky and I think it was the right decision.

2021, Successful
She [Dr. Blakemore] was so prepared with data, a PowerPoint presentation and ready for all my questions. I was looking for a more aggressive action plan for my next FET and she offered me multiple options and we weighed the pro’s and con’s together. I never felt rushed throughout my entire appointment and really felt like she was listening to all my concerns and addressed each one. She also gave me ample time for questions...
communication with the team [at NYU Langone Fertility Center] was thorough and timely, always heard back from the team when I left a message, I felt like the team was always updated with my latest results and were great in making sure I understood my instructions...wait time can be long especially during peak hours and weekends, had multiple billing issues that I had to keep following up with...
I first went to see Dr. Blakemore for a consultation since I had failed 3 FET’s in the past already. She was so prepared with data, a PowerPoint presentation and ready for all my questions. I was looking for a more aggressive action plan for my next FET and she offered me multiple options and we weighed the pro’s and con’s together. I never felt rushed throughout my entire appointment and really felt like she was listening to all my concerns and addressed each one. She also gave me ample time for questions.
Write down all your questions so you don’t forget it because she gives a lot of information
She addressed my concerns and how I was feeling. When I lost hope she knew I needed support and focused less on the clinical stuff. She gave me examples from her friends who had gone through this and she always checked in with me just to see how I was feeling and doing
1st protocol included an extra day of progesterone since that’s what my ERA biopsy results came back with. My second protocol included lovenox and prednisone after 2 months of lupron depot since I was diagnosed surgically with endometriosis. My third protocol included letrozole in the beginning and letting my body naturally ovulate.
Other than 1 hiccup, due to staffing shortage because of weather, the team was thorough and kept me informed in a timely manner on my results and any changes to my medication regimen. They were also great with calling prior to procedure days with thorough instructions.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Strengths: the doctors were great, communication with the team was thorough and timely, always heard back from the team when I left a message, I felt like the team was always updated with my latest results and were great in making sure I understood my instructions Weaknesses: wait time can be long especially during peak hours and weekends, had multiple billing issues that I had to keep following up with
I didn’t have to pay any co-pays and most of my prescriptions went to a pharmacy my insurance company allowed. Most costs were associated with medication co-insurances. My insurance covered my egg retrieval, anesthesia, and FET’s.
I always wanted to transfer multiple since my husband and I were accepting of the risk for multiples but I only had 5 frozen embryos so we started off with 1 for my first FET and then agreed on 2 for the second and third. Made sense because we didn’t want to run out and towards the end, I didn’t know if I wanted any left over.
NY - Westside

she [Dr. DeVore] had me come in for morning monitoring and found out I was surging. She told me right away, and then cleared her calendar so that we could do the IUI that afternoon instead of waiting another day. I probably talked to her 3 times on the phone that day to make the decision to do IUI right then -- and I'm so grateful I did!...I always felt like she listened to me and understood my personal needs. Her recommendations were specific to my personal medical situation as well as my needs and life. She was caring and compassionate every step of the way. She took the time needed to answer all my questions and never rushed through. And, she was extremely thorough with her answers.
At NYU, the staff is very organized and thorough. Billing and insurance with NYU was a breeze (and honestly, it's always been a painpoint for me at other clinics). I felt that the facilities were clean, very well managed, and they ran a really tight operation...I would recommend going to morning monitoring by 8am as it'll take 2-5 min to get in. At around 8:30 or 9am, it can take 15 - 20 min (which isn't bad, but it's helpful to plan)...NYU is really good about making sure you have the information needed so make sure you listen/learn and follow up so that there are no surprises. The nurses always guided me to check with insurance on specific things (and in fact, called my insurance to confirm on my behalf many times too)
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
As a patient, I had an exceptional experience with Dr. DeVore and cannot recommend her highly enough. She is by far the best doctor I have ever been to. There are a few things that really stand out: I always felt like Dr. DeVore cared about me personally -- she respected my personal values and my comfort zone, and she made recommendations that were tailored specifically to me. She is compassionate but also fully candid and honest. She never sugar coated any of the facts, and just as importantly, gave me ALL the information that I needed to feel comfortable about the decisions that we were making. She is extremely thorough in her analysis and detail oriented. I felt empowered and fully understood the process and next steps. After every appointment, I would walk out of the room, feeling like we made the right decisions. Not everything we tried worked out in the beginning, but the decision-making process and information was so clear and upfront, that we were able to pivot as needed. The entire IUI/IVF process can be extremely complicated, so this piece was HUGE. Dr. DeVore always went the extra mile. In December, Dr. DeVore let me know that in Jan 2020, there'd be a new law which meant that some New York companies would need to provide full coverage for IVF treatment. Dr. DeVore did extra research on this, guided me through the process, and even helped me follow up with billing (and insurance) to make sure we had the information needed. She even wrote a personal letter to our insurance company to ensure everything was organized and in order before starting IVF. This was HUGE and such a stress relief as the process can typically feel very overwhelming given the potential costs. I really felt like Dr. DeVore cared. I know she has a busy schedule and tons of patients, but you would never know. Dr. DeVore gave her FULL attention and dedication to me at every appointment. Even if I had questions outside of appointments, she would get back to me right away too! I've never experienced that level of personal care and can't thank her enough!
If you're going to see Dr. DeVore, you made the right choice! Best doctor at NYU
Dr. Shannon DeVore made me feel so comfortable throughout the process. I always felt like she listened to me and understood my personal needs. Her recommendations were specific to my personal medical situation as well as my needs and life. She was caring and compassionate every step of the way. She took the time needed to answer all my questions and never rushed through. And, she was extremely thorough with her answers. I wanted to understand EVERY step of the process, every risk, and every potential scenario. Shannon was so patient and not only answered my questions immediately, but also gave me the level of depth that I needed so that I felt fully comfortable. I cannot tell you how much I appreciated Dr. DeVore's care, dedication and personal attention!
One of my biggest issues was the timing of ovulation as my cycles varied widely month by month. We started out by monitoring my cycles and doing a trigger shot. The first cycle, we learned that my follicles were not growing big enough by the time I ovulated, so for the next cycle, Shannon gave me Clomid to help with the follicle process. Although my body reacted well to Clomid, the first IUI was unsuccessful. The next month, I tried Clomid again but this time my body had a strange reaction to the medication and I had really bad cramps post ovulation. As a result, Shannon decided to pivot and put me on Letrazole instead. I really appreciated this pivot because I knew that Shannon was listening to me and not pushing me down a path (Clomid) that I wasn't comfortable with. In addition, that next month was Christmas and I already had plans to travel and see my family. She knew this was important to me so rather than doing a timed IUI (and having me cancel my plans), I took Letrazole and had sex normally (using ovulation sticks). When this didn't work, the next month, she suggested we try Letrazole + IUI again and simultaneously prepare to start IVF. She was extra careful and thoughtful about monitoring me during this time as she knew my ovulation could be pretty erratic. 4-5 days after my period, she had me come in for morning monitoring and found out I was surging. She told me right away, and then cleared her calendar so that we could do the IUI that afternoon instead of waiting another day. I probably talked to her 3 times on the phone that day to make the decision to do IUI right then -- and I'm so grateful I did! At the same time, we were also preparing to potentially start IVF. Shannon spent so much time walking us through the process, explaining the medications, and the most cost effective solutions. She mapped out every step and scenario (we had so many questions!!). And then... in a crazy turn of events, the DAY BEFORE we were supposed to start IVF, I found out that I was pregnant! While we never went down the IVF path, I would have felt 100% comfortable if we did. In the first 7 weeks of pregnancy, she monitored me to ensure everything was going smoothly and even was there to show me the first heart beat!
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The NYU staff was very thorough an organized about calling me with results immediately, booking me for follow up appointments, ensuring our billing was sorted and organizing our insurance paperwork. It was never a problem to get in quickly for morning monitoring (I never waited over 5-10 min). And, they nurses were always friendly --- i felt like we knew each other after 6 months! In addition, we took a 3 hour, in-person course on IVF. I was kicking and screaming going into it because it meant I needed to miss a couple hours of work... but wow, it is so necessary. I highly recommend that everyone take this course before going down the IVF path
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
At NYU, the staff is very organized and thorough. Billing and insurance with NYU was a breeze (and honestly, it's always been a painpoint for me at other clinics). I felt that the facilities were clean, very well managed, and they ran a really tight operation. I would recommend booking your actual appointments well in advance so that you are organized and can plan accordingly. Secondly, I would recommend going to morning monitoring by 8am as it'll take 2-5 min to get in. At around 8:30 or 9am, it can take 15 - 20 min (which isn't bad, but it's helpful to plan). Lastly, I would do your homework on insurance! NYU is really good about making sure you have the information needed so make sure you listen/learn and follow up so that there are no surprises. The nurses always guided me to check with insurance on specific things (and in fact, called my insurance to confirm on my behalf many times too)
Fully covered by insurance except for $25 co-pays each visit (thank goodness!)

2016 - 2020, Unknown Success
Dr Hodes was so invested in our success...She always gave her honest opinion about what we could expect and what we were up against. She was encouraging without getting us overly encouraged at any given step, since there are so many. But most importantly, my treatment was personalized and so far was wildly more successful than at my first clinic
NYU is top notch in terms of treatment, professionalism and kindness. I was so impressed at how everyone handled themselves at all times, but the real proof was during COVID. Everyone was smiling, positive, and putting themselves on the line for all of the patients. I've never felt more cared for. It was extraordinary. A huge thank you to NYUFC.
I've covered Dr Hodes thoroughly in my prior responsible, but I'll add one more thing. Our cycle was right as New York was shutting down due to COVID. We had to delay a cycle because my FSH was too high the cycle before. I genuinely believed every time I called Dr Hodes, which was a lot, that she wanted me to get through this cycle every bit as much as i did and to take advantage of the fact my FSH went down. It was truly extraordinary. At her own family's risk, she kept coming and rooting us on. Absolutely exceptional.
You just made a great decision. Don't worry that you won't see Dr Hodes every visit, she's on top of your treatment, even when she's on vacation, much less if you don't see her. NYU is tops and Dr Hodes is an impressive member of the team. It's worth it.
Dr Hodes was so invested in our success but without ever crossing the line of unprofessional. She always gave her honest opinion about what we could expect and what we were up against. She was encouraging without getting us overly encouraged at any given step, since there are so many. But most importantly, my treatment was personalized and so far was wildly more successful than at my first clinic, RMA of NY with Dr. Stein. We added clomid to my treatment, didn't do any suppression before my cycle since my body does not react well to birth control, and critically, even though my ultra sound was looking right to trigger, she looked at my last results and determined we needed another day to get better results than with RMA and she was right both times. After getting only 3 eggs at RMA at 34. we got at 35 and an incredible 10 at 39, despite by DOR diagnosis. We were thrilled. Further, given my age, PGS testing was recommended, and Dr. Hodes said her goal for us was 2-3 normal embryos. On my second round, without my frozen eggs (which we saved due to the uncertainty of COVID) we got 2 normals and a mosaic. While we're not done yet, these results were incredible and Dr. Hodes was there every step of the way, encouraging and realistic.
I answered this question as well in why Dr Hodes was a human, but my treatment was tailored to get much better results than my first egg freeze. We didn't down regulate and instead worked with my natural cycle. This helped a huge amount. We did 300 gonal f in the morning and 150 menopur in the evening and two clomids for the first 5 days. Then we added cetrotide int eh AM and same injections as before in the evening. Even though my US looked like I was ready, Dr Hodes remembered from my egg freeze 4 years ago that we needed to give me an extra day. I'm sure that also made a huge difference in results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Laura)
Laura was also amazing!!! Since I had my egg freezing training 4 years earlier and we were eager to get going on IVF, Laura did a special class just for me and my husband. She was so kind, honest, and clear about everything. Plus, that's a perfect example of how you really are not a number at NYU. It's a large center, but there is personal care every step of the way, even if you may not be noticing it.
Not cheap!! Retrieval, anesthesia, PGS testing...around 20K plus meds
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I don't think it was something that went wrong, just an unusual situation. My retrieval was very late in the day, and my form said I couldn't eat after midnight. I knew I would literally pass out if that's what I actually did. I can't make it to midafternoon the next day with no food and barely any water. So I called the nurse line and she said I actually could eat that morning, it just had to be 7 hours before the procedure. I'm so glad I called!! I was up and out 30 minutes after the retrieval and felt great, which I'm sure was in no small part to not being famished and faint. I recovered much better from this one than my last, when I couldn't eat before and had a late morning procedure, in fact.

Investment Banker
Dr. Grifo does a great job about running through the statistical odds of pregnancy success while also maintaining a level of compassion / acted as a quasi therapist during my treatments. He is well respected in the industry and I feel comfortable in his care. ... Dr. grifo was extremely compassionate when we experienced a loss due to ectopic pregnancy as a result of a round of IUI. He was always available if we needed to talk.
This clinic [NYU] has a long history of positive results and while you might not see your doctor for the iui / monitoring process, they have a very well regarded team and I still felt comfortable being in trusted hands. Sometimes you feel like a number while going through the process but I think it’s somewhat a reflection of how busy they are / the number of cases they have seen / they have had a lot of success.
How was your experience with James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Stay organized and don’t be afraid to speak up if you want to try something and ask for his honest opinion on it. While doctors can do their best to give their most educated advice, they are not psychics and part of figuring out which treatment to move forward with is in part a personal choice.
Dr. grifo was extremely compassionate when we experienced a loss due to ectopic pregnancy as a result of a round of IUI. He was always available if we needed to talk. The office itself is run like a very well oiled machine. Morning monitoring makes you feel like a number - but at the same time I am thankful they are efficient and I am in and out of there in the mornings before work.
We have done 4 IUI cycles which included clomid for 5 days, a ovidrel trigger shot and a IUI.
The nursing staff was always so nice and friendly. Sometimes can be a bit unorganized but only on minor things.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
This clinic has a long history of positive results and while you might not see your doctor for the iui / monitoring process, they have a very well regarded team and I still felt comfortable being in trusted hands. Sometimes you feel like a number while going through the process but I think it’s somewhat a reflection of how busy they are / the number of cases they have seen / they have had a lot of success.
All IUI costs were covered by insurance
Dr. grifo strongly urges for a single embryo transfer
NY - 1st Ave

Dr. Wertz is blunt, she provides accurate information and explains things clearly, giving me options to choose. I like that. ... Dr. Wertz is direct and clear, she provides options and leaves it up to me to decide. I like it, because with unexplained infertility there is no one answer, no one solution and personal instincts and statistical numbers are the only two things to rely on. I had a polyp removal with Dr. Wertz, she mastered it perfectly. She didn't give me false illusions that this will solve my problem and it didn't.
Human error may always happen and it's normal. I rarely have to wait too long [at NYU], my insurance approval processes and billing is handled well. I had no surprises or miscommunications so far. ... The IVF coordinator I got in touch with is rarely available, never picks up and appears overwhelmed. But the good thing is that all of them have access to information and know what's going on.
Dr. Wertz is direct and clear, she provides options and leaves it up to me to decide. I like it, because with unexplained infertility there is no one answer, no one solution and personal instincts and statistical numbers are the only two things to rely on. I had a polyp removal with Dr. Wertz, she mastered it perfectly. She didn't give me false illusions that this will solve my problem and it didn't. I had 3 IUIs and, again, I new the numbers and understood that chances are not very high. Even though I did have hopes, still my heart didn't break when this didn't work. I appreciated doctor's manner and support during this time, it helped me stay strong and avoid emotional rollercoaster.
Prepare to listen and make decisions. You come to doctor for a solution, not for compassion.
I, personally, am not very sensitive or sentimental about my infertility and don't expect (and actually dislike) compassion or pity from a medical staff. I like to overcome difficulties with a sense of humor and stay realistic and optimistic. Dr. Wertz is blunt, she provides accurate information and explains things clearly, giving me options to choose. I like that.
My IVF treatment should start after the pandemic, hopefully, so I have nothing to say on that front. I did 3 IUIs and too Clomid. I responded well to it and had 2-4 eggs each cycle. I decided to cancel 4 egg cycle, even though the doctor didn't insist on cancelling. I didn't want to take the risk.
I absolutely love Dr. Wertz's assistant Sarnia. She's the best! Organized, on top of everything, just a great person and professional. Otherwise, there're a lot of nurses in a process, sometimes it seems as too much. I can't remember everyone's name and phone and duty. The IVF coordinator I got in touch with is rarely available, never picks up and appears overwhelmed. But the good thing is that all of them have access to information and know what's going on.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I didn't go through full IVF process yet, due to pandemic, but overall it seems to be organized. Human error may always happen and it's normal. I rarely have to wait too long, my insurance approval processes and billing is handled well. I had no surprises or miscommunications so far.
My insurance covered IUI and I had to pay copays for ultrasound and insemination itself, $50 each. So in total I paid $300 for 3 cycles of IUI. IVF should also be covered, however genetic screening is not covered and will cost me over $4000 (up to 10 embryos, I may get reimbursement if less than 10), plus $300 for each embryo tested in a lab. I also decided to freeze good embryos, for future use, so this will be additional $7000 or more. I won't be surprised if any other charges will come up.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I have thyroid issues and a thyroid test got lost in translation somehow. As we were at the beginning of pandemic at that time, I simply ordered one from Quest Diagnostics near my house, so no big deal. The results were abnormal so I started taking my medication as usual and should be fine by the start of IVF. I consider it's a minor issue.
NY - Westside

Dr. Devore is one of the most thoughtful and kind doctors and people I've ever met. After losing our daughter at 2 days old (born full term), my husband and I suffered infertility for over a year caused by complications at delivery. Upon meeting us, Dr. Devore was well read on our case and immediately empathetic and sensitive to the many emotions we were feeling. She continued to be this amazing throughout the course of our treatment. We've met many doctors but none as special as her.
The nursing staff [at NYU Langone Fertility Center] was excellent. They were friendly and made me feel comfortable. They also helped provide hope on days that I wasn't feeling too positive. I would never have to question what my IVF dosage would be because they'd call as soon as they received my bloodwork...The clinic is clean, organized, friendly, empathetic, knowledgeable and flexible. They were also very responsive and easy to get a hold of. If I could not see Dr. Devore, the other attending doctor was always up to speed on my situation.
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
My husband and I tragically lost our daughter who was born full term at 2 days old. I then suffered complications caused by placenta accreta which caused infertility for almost 2 years. Upon meeting Dr. DeVore, she was incredibly empathetic, kind, sensitive and she developed a plan of action. The thought of more surgeries or beginning fertility treatments after our loss was incomprehensible to me. But Dr. DeVore helped me through it both physically and emotionally. I had two hysteroscopys to remove scar tissue and then we began fertility pills and IUI. We ultimately decided to do IVF and Dr. DeVore was amazing and kept us informed and comfortable every step of the way. We now have many healthy embroys and have decided to use a gestational carrier due to health concerns for me to carry another pregnancy. We believe we will have healthy children and we don't think that would have been possible without Dr. DeVore. She has become one of the most special people in our lives.
Trust her because she cares and has put a lot of thought into her plans.
Dr. Devore monitored me very closely and often had me come in more than normal just to make sure my blood/hormone levels and ultrasounds were on track. She made adjustments when necessary. The biggest concern was getting my lining thicker so each month she would try a different method so that she had 'data points.' It also gave her a good idea of what my dosages should be for IVF.
The nursing staff was excellent. They were friendly and made me feel comfortable. They also helped provide hope on days that I wasn't feeling too positive. I would never have to question what my IVF dosage would be because they'd call as soon as they received my bloodwork.
NY - 1st Ave

If you want a doctor who will personalize your care, think outside the box, and truly support you through this process...When I was her patient, I felt like I was receiving the highest quality care with the best possible bedside manner. I fully trust her and would highly recommend anyone I know to her. She advocated for me, consulted other doctors when necessary, and really thought outside the box to try and help us be successful. Everyone deserves a doctor like Dr. DeVore.
Pros [at NYU Langone Fertility Center]: great Drs like Dr. Devore and Dr. Fino; because it's smaller than other practices you have a higher likelihood of being able to see your doctor more regularly than other clinics. Cons: nurses can lack empathy, in part because they are so busy...IUI, MRI (adenomyosis), Receptiva (endometriosis)...cannot recommend Dr. DeVore highly enough. Dr. DeVore has ruined me for other doctors - she is smart, thoughtful, detailed, and incredibly caring. At each step of our journey together, I felt like I had a partner in her who was thinking about my case as much as I was - she never made me feel rushed, she answered (and anticipated) my questions and concerns, and made sure I understood all of the details - because she knew it would help put my mind at ease. If you want a doctor who will personalize your care, think outside the box, and truly support you through this process - Dr. DeVore is it!
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. DeVore was my doctor through one of my IUI cycles. When I was her patient, I felt like I was receiving the highest quality care with the best possible bedside manner. I fully trust her and would highly recommend anyone I know to her. She advocated for me, consulted other doctors when necessary, and really thought outside the box to try and help us be successful. Everyone deserves a doctor like Dr. DeVore.
Even if you think you've explored all of the options - go see her. She'll surprise you with her ability and interest in looking at your case from all sides and with open mind, an honest opinion, and research to back it up. Really - she's wonderful.
I cannot recommend Dr. DeVore highly enough. Dr. DeVore has ruined me for other doctors - she is smart, thoughtful, detailed, and incredibly caring. At each step of our journey together, I felt like I had a partner in her who was thinking about my case as much as I was - she never made me feel rushed, she answered (and anticipated) my questions and concerns, and made sure I understood all of the details - because she knew it would help put my mind at ease. If you want a doctor who will personalize your care, think outside the box, and truly support you through this process - Dr. DeVore is it!
IUI, MRI (adenomyosis), Receptiva (endometriosis)
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Pros: great Drs like Dr. Devore and Dr. Fino; because it's smaller than other practices you have a higher likelihood of being able to see your doctor more regularly than other clinics. Cons: nurses can lack empathy, in part because they are so busy.
We haven't done IVF with Dr. DeVore