NY - 1st Ave
660 1st Avenue
212.263.8990
109 West 27th St
212.263.8999

My first appointment with Dr. Hodes was when I got the results of my initial bloodwork...She bluntly told me that my chances of having a healthy live birth were pretty close to zero after showing me a few charts. I had some good things on my side though, such as a good egg reserve, so that was nice, but overall I felt overwhelmed and lonely durng that visit. It was very short and I left and cried my way to the subway. It felt a bit impersonal. Her office is on the West sideand I live in Brooklyn, so I opted to go to the office on the East side on 1st Avenue for my followups. I didn't really see her very much after that since she doesn't rotate in as often at the East side office. My experience at the 1st Ave office was lovely though. Everyone treated me with such care and respect. I ended up seeing Dr. Hodes for follow up after having surgery on my uterus, and that time she was very warm and sweet. She gave me good news about my surgery. Following that, we had a couple phone calls about what the next
The clinic [NYU Langone Fertility Center] is large, clean, and inviting. It's definitley better to go as early as possible if you are doing your bloodwork since it can get very busy in there, but everyone is calm and sitting around reading or on their phones. The longest I've had to wait after getting there closer to the end of the time range for bloodwork is about an hour...Everyone treated me with such care and respect. I ended up seeing Dr. Hodes for follow up after having surgery on my uterus, and that time she was very warm and sweet. She gave me good news about my surgery. Following that, we had a couple phone calls about what the next cycle would entail. She was very thorough, factual, and empowered me to make my decisions as I felt appropriate.
How was your experience with Brooke Hodes-Wertz at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
She's blunt and gives your the facts. Who knows how many people she sees in a day, so she's not always as warm as I may have like, but she can be very warm at times too. I really appreciate her not sugar coating things for me and making sure I had the data I needed to make my decisions.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brooke Hodes-Wertz at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Slow down a little if you can - your patients can sense when you are in a hurry. It's a scary time for a lot of us.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brooke Hodes-Wertz at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
My first appointment with Dr. Hodes was when I got the results of my initial bloodwork. Part of what may have impacted my experience is that my husband had to be out of town that day for work, so I went alone. She bluntly told me that my chances of having a healthy live birth were pretty close to zero after showing me a few charts. I had some good things on my side though, such as a good egg reserve, so that was nice, but overall I felt overwhelmed and lonely durng that visit. It was very short and I left and cried my way to the subway. It felt a bit impersonal. Her office is on the West sideand I live in Brooklyn, so I opted to go to the office on the East side on 1st Avenue for my followups. I didn't really see her very much after that since she doesn't rotate in as often at the East side office. My experience at the 1st Ave office was lovely though. Everyone treated me with such care and respect. I ended up seeing Dr. Hodes for follow up after having surgery on my uterus, and that time she was very warm and sweet. She gave me good news about my surgery. Following that, we had a couple phone calls about what the next cycle would entail. She was very thorough, factual, and empowered me to make my decisions as I felt appropriate.
Describe the protocols Brooke Hodes-Wertz used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
The overal strategy was to do a round of stims, and then retreival. We were going to freeze any embryos (we decided to genetically test), and then transfer any good embryos. We used Gonal and Menapur for the stims. Everything went very well during that phase, but ultimately the goal was to get as many eggs out since my issue is poor egg quality, so it was a numbers game. Since my chances were very low to have a high quality egg, the more eggs we got, the better our chances to find that good one. I had about 17-18 follicles at the time of retreival. Our of those, 13 eggs were retrieved and 6 embryos were made. Out of those 6 empbryos, 3 made it to Day 5. Unfortunately, none came back normal from the genetic testing. I was supposed to continue cycles and then have surgery on my uterus to correct the septum. Due to my own work and travel challenges, I opted to have the surgery first and have yet to do my second cycle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The nurses are amazing. They are so compassionate and on their "A" game. Despite having to use a message service to get in contact with them over the phone, they are great with following up in a timely manner and getting you the info you need. Love them!
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
At the time I did my first cycle, there wasn't a clinic in Brooklyn, so that was a bit of extra hassle - going back and forth so often from Brooklyn to Manhattan. The clinic is large, clean, and inviting. It's definitley better to go as early as possible if you are doing your bloodwork since it can get very busy in there, but everyone is calm and sitting around reading or on their phones. The longest I've had to wait after getting there closer to the end of the time range for bloodwork is about an hour.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
These were not a big deal. Imagine a large inviting room with maybe 50 chairs in a nice lounge arrangement. You get in, sign in, and wait for them to call your name.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brooke Hodes-Wertz at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Before insurance, around $35K. After insurance, around $5K out of pocket.
Describe Brooke Hodes-Wertz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
NY - Westside

Dr. Hodes is blunt but warm. She did seem to be quite rushed each time my partner and I met with her and I ended up scheduling a second consultation with her because I left my first appointment feeling overwhelmed and confused.... I have PCOS and do not ovulate on my own. Dr. Hodes started our first cycle with timed intercourse and a low dose of Letrozole. I did not respond to the Letrozole at all (even when the dosage was raised) or to Clomid during out next cycle.
I would do some baseline research before attending your first appointment and come ready with a list of detailed questions.
While most of my time was spent with the nursing staff, I felt that Dr. Hodes made time to answer all of my questions -- including setting up a second consultation to make sure I was totally comfortable while deciding between IUI and IVF.
I have PCOS and do not ovulate on my own. Dr. Hodes started our first cycle with timed intercourse and a low dose of Letrozole. I did not respond to the Letrozole at all (even when the dosage was raised) or to Clomid during out next cycle. At that point, Dr. Hodes recommend my partner and I move straight to IVF. I was hesitant about this choice for many reasons and after meeting with Dr. Hodes for another consultation, she agreed to let us try IUI with a very low dose of Gonal-F injectables. (Dr. Hodes kept me at a low dose due to concerns about OHSS.) I responded well to the Gonal-F and did not over produce. We completed one IUI but unfortunately the cycle was not successful. My partner and I have decided to begin IVF next month rather than trying another IUI.
The entire nursing staff at NYU is well-informed, compassionate, and efficient. They reassured me and answered all of my questions. I had many issues with my insurance coverage and offered me many tips on the best ways to save on things like lab work and medication coverage. My only complaint is that it is very difficult to get anyone on the phone during business hours.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
NYU is a giant, well-oiled machine and it's hard not to feel like a number. That said, their lab is excellent and success rates for IVF are slightly higher here than at other clinics. I would recommend going to the location on West 52nd street as much as possible and staying away from the 1st Avenue location when you can. If you have any kind of insurance coverage it's best to read all of the billing paperwork thoroughly and keep copies of everything. I was incorrectly told that I did not have coverage hit up for $500 per visit by the head of billing even when I explained otherwise. This person told me my claims had been denied and that I didn't understand my own coverage . I found out later that she was not filing any of out claims with insurance. Eventually, I was able to get my insurance provider to send her an email explicitly stating that I was covered and my money was refunded. I want to assume that this issue was not a reflection of the institution as a whole but I did get the sense the NYU tries to make its patients pay out of pocket as much as possible.
My insurance covered my appointments until I received an official diagnosis of infertility. Blood work and ultrasound visits (which happen roughly 2 times a week) are $500 and out IUI was close to $4,500 including medications, monitoring, and the actual procedure
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The nurses failed to give me information regarding a specific drug protocol via phone despite numerous attempts by me to get in touch. Eventually we were able to remedy the issue.
NY - Westside
She [Dr. Hodes-Wertz] was extremely knowledgeable and kind. I felt like she meant business- she presented my options and was blunt and honest but not rude or mean. As someone with a larger BMI she never mentioned my weight as an issue and looked for actual causes of my issues...I took clomid, then had some ultrasounds and when a follicle matured they gave me the ovulation trigger injection ovidrel
That clinic apparently only does single from what she informed me at the time of my consult...This [NYU Langone Fertility Center] clinic is like a factory but I feel like they really know what they are doing and are experienced. I was not expecting a small town feel, but each time I walked in I was greeted by friendly staff. Each person I interacted with was kind and wanting to help. Their outcomes also speak for themselves.
She was extremely knowledgeable and kind. I felt like she meant business- she presented my options and was blunt and honest but not rude or mean. As someone with a larger BMI she never mentioned my weight as an issue and looked for actual causes of my issues.
As with any provider, read up on your options first so you can be prepared to ask questions.
This is certainly a busy clinic however they are efficient. I saw Dr Hodes each time and I felt like she knew what was going on with me.
We got pregnant with our first IUI. I was on the last day of my period during the consultation, so taking that into consideration she started treatment with me that day since I agreed. I took clomid, then had some ultrasounds and when a follicle matured they gave me the ovulation trigger injection ovidrel. I then went back for bloodwork 2 weeks later and was called that day with positive news. I did bloodwork 6 days after that to check Hcg and an ultrasound with Dr Hodes where we heard the heartbeat 2 weeks later.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Audrey)
I worked with Audrey- she actually did my IUI and she was wonderful. Super knowledgeable. I had issues w getting insurance approval of ovidrel and she helped immediately. She also called me 3 hours after I had blood drawn to give me my results.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
This clinic is like a factory but I feel like they really know what they are doing and are experienced. I was not expecting a small town feel, but each time I walked in I was greeted by friendly staff. Each person I interacted with was kind and wanting to help. Their outcomes also speak for themselves.
My IUI and all meds were covered by my insurance plan- my plan covers up to $20,000 of fertility treatments per lifetime.
NY - Westside

Dr. Hodes treated me like a human and also like a friend. ... With Doctor Hodes I finally feel that I can drop my guard and trust the advice that I'm getting. She is compassionate, smart, patient, communicative and understands the importance of fertility treatment. ... There are two offices and several doctors but she always made it convenient for me to see her when important. She called me back when I had questions and spent extra time explaining things as needed. I felt so comfortable working with Dr.Hodes and will miss being under her care.
It's very busy and there are a lot of doctors and nurses but I have had a positive experience with each and every one. I never waited more than 5 minutes and I always receive a call or email back within 2 hours. ... NYU as a practice prefers eSET vs. multiple embryo. ... All of the nurses were amazing as they were very friendly and educational. I specifically spoke to Andrea almost every time and she was a fresh breath of air.
With Doctor Hodes I finally feel that I can drop my guard and trust the advice that I'm getting. She is compassionate, smart, patient, communicative and understands the importance of fertility treatment. She's a great doctor and I felt so comfortable and safe under her care.
Ask as many questions as you have ---she will make time for you and answer them. I always felt bad taking her time during my morning monitoring appointments as she had dozens of patients to see but she always insisted that I asked all my questions as she'd rather answer them in person.
Dr. Hodes treated me like a human and also like a friend. She shared personal information that was relatable and helped me feel comfortable under her care. There are two offices and several doctors but she always made it convenient for me to see her when important. She called me back when I had questions and spent extra time explaining things as needed. I felt so comfortable working with Dr.Hodes and will miss being under her care.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I don't have anything negative to say about this clinic. It's very busy and there are a lot of doctors and nurses but I have had a positive experience with each and every one. I never waited more than 5 minutes and I always receive a call or email back within 2 hours.
$14,500 for ER/Fresh Transfer ICSI + monitoring $1500 for embryo freezing $3600 + fees for PGS testing $2-8K for meds
NYU as a practice prefers eSET vs. multiple embryo. I asked Dr. Hodes on her opinion and she was very honest and explained the rationale behind it which is ultimately for the patient to give birth to a healthy baby. With multiple embryo transfer the pregnancy is at higher risk and does not increase the chances of a live birth. I know that the clinic would consider multiple embryo transfers depending on the patients prognosis and history but they treat that case by case. Dr. Hodes also went through IVF and had twins and she shared that information with me explaining how much harder her pregnancy and postpartum was with the twins vs. singleton. I really appreciate her honesty and sharing her own personal experience . Going through fertility could be lonely and having a doctor that understands not only the medical part but emotional is very helpful and beneficial to fertility treatment.
NY - Westside

Produced 8 follicles, 5 mature [with Dr. Hodes-Wertz]. Fantastic results for someone with amh of .008...suggested we do pgs testing due to high FSH (when first tested 16 but then dropped) she said it was the best option for us since we were running out of time. Since all embryos will be PGS tested, NYU supports single embryo transfer...was very honest on our first meeting. I was expecting her to turn me down with my numbers but she explained age is the underlying factor and we still had a chance. She did express that we were quickly running out of time and needed to jump straight to IVF.
NYU made me feel like a person to the best of their ability. The west side is a smaller office...All the of the nurses I dealt with were genuially happy to see my cycle progressing well... The nurses line is an answering service, you leave a message and they get back to you same day. They are friendly when coming in for appointments. On the day of retrieval everyone was very positive. It gave a good feeling.
Dr. Hodes was very honest on our first meeting. I was expecting her to turn me down with my numbers but she explained age is the underlying factor and we still had a chance. She did express that we were quickly running out of time and needed to jump straight to IVF. I was not immediately made aware that I should try and bank eggs.... I found this out at a later appointment. To which she also said I’d probably need a few cycles until we were successful. She gave honest expectations but was never hard about it. I feel she truly cares for the success of my cycle and was excited when we started. I was lucky to see her for all of my week day appointments and she even did my egg retrieval. After receiving the results from genetic testing I requested a call with her in which I heard back in 2 hours. She assured me I can set up a call whenever I need to answer any questions.
Ask as many questions as you’d like. She will answer them all. But also do some research on your own so you have questions to ask. She is the expert, use her !
The entire process of IVF has to be somewhat assembly line like or it would never work with the amount of patients. NYU made me feel like a person to the best of their ability. The west side is a smaller office. Dr. Hodes secretary always answered my emails in a timely fashion. She knew who I was everytime I walked in. All the of the nurses I dealt with were genuially happy to see my cycle progressing well.
150 menupur 300 gonal Ovidrel to suppress Lupron trigger shot (2 to trigger) Everyday this was the protocol there was no adjustments. Produced 8 follicles, 5 mature. Fantastic results for someone with amh of .008
The nursing staff is very knowledgeable when calling with questions. The nurses line is an answering service, you leave a message and they get back to you same day. They are friendly when coming in for appointments. On the day of retrieval everyone was very positive. It gave a good feeling.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Make sure you educate yourself. The more you know the more you can ask and understand what you can be doing to help in anyway. Google can be scary but it can also can be used to educate and ask. The lab closes twice a year end of July and beginning of December. This was really upsetting as no one told me this and I had my consult beginning of July. I found out when the coordinator called to schedule tests and classes...I have short cycles and missed two cycles due to the closure. Between end of August and December is only 4 cycles. For someone with “not a lot of time” this was devastating. But you have to learn to just roll with it- ivf is a long hard journey, any thing can get thrown off any day.
Covered by insurance. Out of pocket $3,600 PGS testing
Dr. Hodes suggested we do pgs testing due to high FSH (when first tested 16 but then dropped) she said it was the best option for us since we were running out of time. Since all embryos will be PGS tested, NYU supports single embryo transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
After egg retrieval I was told the incorrect number of eggs that matured/attempted to fertilize. Partner had to give 2 semen samples day of retrieval. First one was extremely low, there is no explanation why.

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
I also somewhat felt like a lot of her [Dr. Hodes-Wertz] recommendations were a shot in the dark guess rather than specific to me and my needs. She also hasn't followed up with me in months...From day one she wanted me to do IVF. However after my persistence, She put me on clomid for an IUI and it sped up my cycle too quickly and I missed the iui opportunity...She's very quick and always feels like she's in a hurry during appointments.
[NYU] There are many nurses and they all seem somewhat confused and overworked. The issue is their phone system. You can't call anyone directly. You have to always leave a message and they call you back. I really dislike this...Once they forgot to call in my trigger shot prescription and it arrived late....Biggest issue is you can't get anyone on the phone...I felt like just a number in all honesty...
I felt like she had hesitation when I asked if any of the fertility treatments were linked to causing cancer. Once she told me no, other times she would say "well you wouldn't want to do 10 cycles"! And it left me feeling very uneasy and unclear. I also somewhat felt like a lot of her recommendations were a shot in the dark guess rather than specific to me and my needs. She also hasn't followed up with me in months. I feel like she only wants to push IVF because it's most profitable for her. Another reason why I felt like just a number in all honesty.
Ask questions and demand clear answers. She has a way of talking in circles. She wants to tell you what she wants to tell you. Not necessarily what you want to know.
I feel like a number because she doesn't call me to check in and see how I'm doing. She's very quick and always feels like she's in a hurry during appointments.
From day one she wanted me to do IVF. However after my persistence, She put me on clomid for an IUI and it sped up my cycle too quickly and I missed the iui opportunity (because I ovulated on like day 5!). So we lost 2 months because of this. Then she switched me to letrizole which made my cycle a normal 30 days but still no luck with the iui.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Biggest issue is you can't get anyone on the phone. They have an answering service where you leave a message and they call you back at their leisure and what's convenient for them. I'm sorry, but for the money they make they could hire an actual receptionist that works for the doctor.
Co pay only at this time. Insurance covered everything else.
She is pushy for just implanting 1 embryo at a time. She herself has twins (from doing IVF) so I can only assume it's because she wants the potential for more money. However I was told I would have final say and could implant a max of 2 embryos.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Once they forgot to call in my trigger shot prescription and it arrived late.

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
I liked her [Dr. Hodes-Wertz] because she doesn't show any emotion. She tell you what she thinks right directly. But I felt that she didn't give me numerous options. "It's only one thing that you should do is this" something like that....She pretty much gives you straightforward answer. There is no hesitation....If you want just get to the business without emotional support then she is right for you.... she is good person but not friendly person
There is many nurses and workers at facility [NYU - W 52nd]. They won't remember you. They do their part. So you just show and tell your problems and they will try to fix them. There is no comfort or friendly atmosphere. If you don't want close relationship with doctor or nurse and just focusing on issues, this clinic is the best for you....There were nurses that I see at visit. But I don't know them well and they don't know me well either.
I liked her because she doesn't show any emotion. She tell you what she thinks right directly. But I felt that she didn't give me numerous options. "It's only one thing that you should do is this" something like that. She is not bad person, she is good person but not friendly person. She tells me what's happening and what's going to happen to me without comfort. If you want just get to the business without emotional support then she is right for you.
I believe she is experienced doctor with knowledge. But you have to ask her. She is not gonna tell you 1 to 10. I think you should write down what you want to ask before visit. She is not gonna tell you extra info unless you ask.
I don't say it's her fault. But Because of big fertility center like NYU, I didn't feel connected with doctor. She pretty much gives you straightforward answer. There is no hesitation.
She told me I might have PCOS. But not quite sure. I've tried letrozole 2.5mg for first IUI. Then increased dose to 7.5mg at 4th IUI till 6th. I 've tried clomid one time. I have unexplained infertility. So her strategy was normal treatment that increase dose of letrozole.
There were nurses that I see at visit. But I don't know them well and they don't know me well either. Most of them are well trained nurses. But because there are so many patients. Again they are doing their best. But you feel like you are on assembly line.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
There is many nurses and workers at facility. They won't remember you. They do their part. So you just show and tell your problems and they will try to fix them. There is no comfort or friendly atmosphere. If you don't want close relationship with doctor or nurse and just focusing on issues, this clinic is the best for you.
It's NYU. I think it was expensive. But most of insurance will cover. Website of NYU says The self-pay fee for an initial consultation with physician is approximately $500. The cost of an IVF cycle using fresh eggs, without genetic testing, starts at $12,650.
I was not there yet. But I think she would transfer one or two embryos. She didn't want me to have multiple babies.
NY - Westside
Dr Hodes-Wertz knows how to balance giving blunt diagnosis with warm bedside manner. She has never rushed me and has always spent time to listen to my concerns. I did not feel judged for any of my questions. Dr. Hodes-Wertz is both professional, talented, confident in her practice and kind...took the time to call me on a couple occasions when she needed to provide unpleasant diagnosis and spent the time to answer my questions on the phone and in person in follow up appointments.
After your initial consultation with your Doctor [at NYU], you may see multiple other Doctors in the practice during your follow up monitoring visits, egg retrieval and embryo transfers. I felt comfortable with this practice since the visits are generally very quick...The nursing staff is extraordinary at the NYU langone practice. They would always provide clear instructions about my medication and injections. I always received a return phone call, if I had questions. They were so kind during my morning monitoring. I have been spoiled by their treatment!
Dr. Hodes-Wertz is very kind and patient. She is also very smart and professional. This balance is very comforting as a patient, especially when dealing with a sensitivity of fertility. Dr. Hodes-Wertz took the time to call me on a couple occasions when she needed to provide unpleasant diagnosis and spent the time to answer my questions on the phone and in person in follow up appointments. She never made me feel judged for asking many questions about the diagnosis and treatment. I felt comfortable moving forward with a Salpingectomy because she made me feel comfortable and confident about the surgery and outcome. After getting pregnant from my first cycle of IVF and later experiencing a Pprom, Dr. Hodes-Wertz provided treatment that my OB did not offer such as an Endometrial Biopsy. I am currently in my second IVF cycle with Dr. Hodes-Wertz and I have a very hopeful outlook on a successful pregnancy due to her care.
Don't be afraid to ask her any questions. She is very patient and kind. She will provide straightforward diagnosis, but she is very kind, professional and confident in all of her treatments.
Dr. Hodes-Wertz found that I had a blocked tube and suggested a Salpingectomy in order to avoid complications with getting pregnant. She performed the surgery and I recovered so quickly that I was able to be up and about the next day. She also suggested genetic and PGS testing, which I carried through with and gave me peace of mind when I got pregnant and also when I had a PProm because I could rule out genetic factors from being the cause.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
After your initial consultation with your Doctor, you may see multiple other Doctors in the practice during your follow up monitoring visits, egg retrieval and embryo transfers. I felt comfortable with this practice since the visits are generally very quick.
I was happy with the monitoring appointments as they were from 7am to 9am and easy and quick to get to before work.
Dr. Hodes-Wertz's approach to recommend both PGS and single embryo transfer made me feel safe and confident in my pregnancy.

2017, 32 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Hodes has an excellent bed side manner because she replies promptly, listens fully to concerns and takes the time to explain her answers. She never seemed overly worried and was honest and transparent about things like the risk of engaging in exercise throughout the process. I don't think Dr. Hodes could have done anything better at all really. I recommend my friends to her. On the doctors, maybe what specifically made her bedside manner so good. How did she adjust the protocol from the first to the second treatment. Did she air on the side of conservatism or do you think she was pretty aggressive. Anything she could do differently that would make her better.
NYU is an egg freezing machine that kinda feels like a MedSpa.There, I did not always see my doctor for ultrasounds throughout the process, but whoever was on staff, and all of the doctors I had were very nice and talked me through what they were seeing on my ultrasound as well as how much longer they thought I had in the process...I liked the West Side location for blood and ultrasound much better because there was never any wait like there can be on the East and you can go right before 9am (not so early as the East side) and be out by 9:15am. I found it more efficient, faster and easier for me since I live on the West side.
Utilize the west side clinic.
In my first cycle, I was on the cusp of having retrieval a day sooner or later. Dr. Hodes opted for later and thus 3 of the 20 eggs I got were "over baked"; however, 3 were still under baked. In the second cycle, I was ready for retrieval two days sooner than the first, so I got less hormones and a better result of freeing 18 eggs out of 23 retrieved. I am not sure if my body just produced better the second time, or Dr. Hodes used her learnings from the first time to make the second time more efficient.
The nurses as well are very nice and knowledgable. They are friendly, yet do there best to get you in and out as quickly as possible. They definitely have their process down to a T.
NY - Westside
Be prepared to work with her team more than her [Dr. Hodes-Wertz]...I came to Dr. Hodes-Wertz with PCOS. I was not ovulating and my parter had sub-optimal sperm. I was put on a dosage of Letrozole. The first dosage wasn't enough, but an increased dosage got me ovulating. We were able to use a washed sample of my partner's sperm to do IUI. The whole process was very quick and efficient - only 3.5 weeks from my first visit with Dr. Hodes until the IUI. The IUI was successful and I am now 7 weeks pregnant with twins!
They [NYU] are incredibly efficient and very good at communicating. Even though there are a lot of appointments (bloodwork, ultrasounds, etc.) they get you in and out quickly and you get your results in a very timely manner. You might feel like a number at times, but they are efficient and they successfully got me pregnant...I was seen in 2 different offices. The smaller west side office on W 52nd Street was wonderful. The team is small and very friendly. When I called or came in to the office they knew exactly who I was. I also had to go to the main NYU Fertility center on 1st Ave for blood work and ultrasounds. At the main facility I was just a number. They are incredibly efficient and move people through quickly, but it means that each time I saw different people and to them I was just a name on a piece of paper.
I only saw Dr. Hodes-Wertz 3 times during my treatment, but found her to be very informative with good bedside manner. After our first meeting with her we felt very confident that she knew what she was doing and we were in good hands.
Be prepared to work with her team more than her.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Andrea )
The NYU Fertility Center nursing staff is amazing. After each visit I received a follow up call within 24 hours with test results and instructions on next steps. They were all very warm, informative, and efficient over the phone. I talked to nurses more regularly than seeing them.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
They are incredibly efficient and very good at communicating. Even though there are a lot of appointments (bloodwork, ultrasounds, etc.) they get you in and out quickly and you get your results in a very timely manner. You might feel like a number at times, but they are efficient and they successfully got me pregnant.
Dr. Hodes-Wertz accepted my insurance so I had minimal out of pocket costs. Most of my co-pays were for bloodwork and tests.
NY - Westside

Throughout the course of my treatment, Dr. Hodes continued to communicate with me throughout the course of my treatment. After our first IVF cycle failed, she took the time to speak with us about what happened and how we would adjust our plan for the next cycle. I felt like she truly cared about me as a person...Dr. Hodes was by my side during the lowest point of my life, and I don't know how I would have gotten through that time without her. She was honest with the chances of success, but she never wavered in her commitment to my case. I was not an "easy" case and the odds for success were not in my favor, but I felt safe and cared for in Dr. Hodes' care. She always took the time to explain things to me and answer all of my questions...
NYU is a large clinic, and I know that many people feel like they're just a number. My attitude is the clinic is large for a reason - it's one of the best clinics in the area, perhaps the country. I typically visited the 52nd St location, which is much smaller, and I was able to get to know the staff there. When I visited the main location on 1st Ave, it was definitely busy, but it's run like a well-oiled machine...
I would caution prospective patients not to be turned off my the fact tha tDr. Hodes is not as I experienced as some of the other REs at NYU. It is true that she has not been practicing for decades, but what she lacks in experience, she makes up for in knowledge, compassion, and commitment to her patients. I never questioned that I was in extremely capable hands.
Dr. Hodes had to delivery very bad news to me, but she did so in the kindest, most professional manner. Despite the bad news and possibly poor prognosis, she came up with a treatment plan that accounted for my unique circumstances. Throughout the course of my treatment, Dr. Hodes continued to communicate with me throughout the course of my treatment. After our first IVF cycle failed, she took the time to speak with us about what happened and how we would adjust our plan for the next cycle. I felt like she truly cared about me as a person.
Diagnosis: diminished ovarian reserve plus both tubes removed 1st cycle: Agonist (300 Gonal F, 150 Menopur + Cetrotide) - 7 eggs retrieved, 2 mature, 0 fertilized 2nd cycle: Agonist (300 Gonal F, 300 Menopur+ Clomid + Cetrotide) + ICSI - 5 eggs retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred on day 5 - resulted in singleton pregnancy
I did not really get to know any one nurse particularly well. NYU is a large practice so there are many nurses on staff. I communicated with many nurses, and I found just about all of them to be compassionate and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Insurance covered almost everything for me (most of medication cost plus $25K lifetime max for treatment). I think a single IVF cycle runs about $12,500 (plus additional costs - e.g., ICSI, biopsy for PGS).
2020, Unknown Success
[Dr. Hodes-Wertz] is kind and honest. NYU is a big operation, but I always felt like she was looking out for me. I was able to see her once during morning monitoring and she also performed my egg retrieval...I feel so lucky to have selected her as my doctor...After the urologist’s plan changed, she made a point of calling me multiple times and having a nurse check in on me.
[NYU Langone Fertility Center] is a bit operation. Even with an appointment for morning monitoring, it still took a while at times. That being said, they called quickly after each appointment to update me about my progress. I felt the that I could ask any questions that came up. I was also able to call back as things came up...Although there are a lot of nurses, everyone was extremely kind
She is kind and honest. NYU is a big operation, but I always felt like she was looking out for me. I was able to see her once during morning monitoring and she also performed my egg retrieval. Despite the setbacks associated with Covid-19, she still checked in on us. I feel so lucky to have selected her as my doctor. I would also suggest that if you are able you should use the non-1st avenue location.
Ask questions and if you don’t understand something ask again.
She was extremely kind. After the urologist’s plan changed, she made a point of calling me multiple times and having a nurse check in on me.
225 of gonal f and 150 of menopur. We then added centroide and triggered with pregnyl and something else.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Although there are a lot of nurses, everyone was extremely kind. After doing morning monitoring once or twice, I knew each of the nurses and felt much more comfortable
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
It is a bit operation. Even with an appointment for morning monitoring, it still took a while at times. That being said, they called quickly after each appointment to update me about my progress. I felt the that I could ask any questions that came up. I was also able to call back as things came up.
My insurance covered everything.
NY - Westside
Dr Hodes-Wertz was clear and concise with how she explained all upcoming steps and managed our expectations throughout...I always felt Dr Hodes-Wertz was involved in the decision making. It would be easy to feel like just a number at the clinic, but I feel like they make every effort to diminish that, with great success for me. The nurses were all engaged and recognized you on each visit and cheered or empathized with you based on your progress. We were very happy with the outcome.
monitoring window [at NYU Langone Fertility Center] was conveniently in the morning before work, it also helped to get results in faster...is a Large organization and it would be easy to get lost in the system, but they ensure you don't feel like just a number - there are a lot of early morning visits in the process which I don't think i was fully prepared for.
Although NYU Fertility is a large clinic and i often saw multiple different nurses and doctors, I always felt Dr Hodes-Wertz was involved in the decision making. It would be easy to feel like just a number at the clinic, but I feel like they make every effort to diminish that, with great success for me. The nurses were all engaged and recognized you on each visit and cheered or empathized with you based on your progress. We were very happy with the outcome.
Ask questions, have an open mind when she is suggesting treatment and if you have personal preferences, discuss them openly.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
NYU Langone is a Large organization and it would be easy to get lost in the system, but they ensure you don't feel like just a number - there are a lot of early morning visits in the process which I don't think i was fully prepared for.
Teh monitoring window was conveniently in the morning before work, it also helped to get results in faster.
$12,000 after insurance
NY - Westside

She [Dr. Hodes-Werz] is very knowledgeable, adjusted my treatments when one is not working, and honest with the results and prognosis. When I got results that I didn't want to see, she is compassionate, warm and has suggestions for the next round...The first IVF was antagonist protocol good for older women. She used minimum amount of medications...she is honest and compassionate. She returns calls or have her secretary call when busy.
The clinic [NYU - W 52nd] can feel like a factory and you're just a number... but all the nurses handled their jobs well. All are very competent. A particular nurse, Imelda, is very kind, compassionate and caring...Monitoring is 7-9 am. I go early so I'm in and out in 20 minutes....Everything was covered by my insurance except PGS....She [Dr. Hodes-Wertz] is very knowledgeable, adjusted my treatments when one is not working, and honest with the results and prognosis.
She is very knowledgeable, adjusted my treatments when one is not working, and honest with the results and prognosis. When I got results that I didn't want to see, she is compassionate, warm and has suggestions for the next round.
Trust her clinical judgment and expertise.
She is honest and compassionate. She returns calls or have her secretary call when busy.
The first IVF was antagonist protocol good for older women. She used minimum amount of medications. The second IVF was also antagonist with increased medications to increase the amount of eggs. However, I had the same results. The third IVF was microdose lupron and had increased amount of eggs and embryos. I chose to do PGS, but sadly, all embryos were abnormal.
The clinic is very busy, but all the nurses handled their jobs well. All are very competent. A particular nurse, Imelda, is very kind, compassionate and caring.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The clinic can feel like a factory and you're just a number.
Monitoring is 7-9 am. I go early so I'm in and out in 20 minutes.
Everything was covered by my insurance except PGS.
She prefers eSET but I never reached transfer so it was never discussed in detail.
NY - Westside
Dr Hodes-Wertz was very straight forward and even felt like she was pushing us towards IVF before we were ready to go there. It look a while for her to feel warm to me but after a few miscarriages and tests it did feel like we were on the same team and she was truly compassionate towards our journey. She was very informative, straight forward and had great bed side manner
There should be more smaller offices set up like the west side office [NYU] that require appointments an feel more personal with familiar faces and nurses and receptionist that remember your name (since you can be there every day for weeks at a time) ... The nursing staff in the west side office felt like family, you do see them very often. It was a much better experience than on 1st ave.
Come prepared to ask questions. Trust your doctor and the process.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The 1st ave office is always very busy and feels like a baby making factory. There should be more smaller offices set up like the west side office that require appointments an feel more personal with familiar faces and nurses and receptionist that remember your name (since you can be there every day for weeks at a time)
NY - Westside

She [Dr. Brooke Hodes-Wertz] came recommended by friends and I would certainly recommend her - she's professional and treats patients accordingly. She was available when needed and her staff are great also. she explained things well in a very confusing field...She is very friendly and has a caring manner...Do some reading ahead of time and have a list of questions ready. You get overwhelmed once your in there...her nurses are excellent..
Its [NYU] clean and efficient - reception staff are great and they make you feel comfortable...She [Dr. Brooke Hodes-Wertz] is very friendly and has a caring manner - her nurses are excellent...[treatment costs] It was all out of pocket...She [Dr. Brooke Hodes-Wertz] came recommended by friends and I would certainly recommend her - she's professional and treats patients accordingly. She was available when needed and her staff are great also. she explained things well in a very confusing field...
She came recommended by friends and I would certainly recommend her - she's professional and treats patients accordingly. She was available when needed and her staff are great also. she explained things well in a very confusing field.
Do some reading ahead of time and have a list of questions ready. You get overwhelmed once your in there with the doctor
She is very friendly and has a caring manner - her nurses are excellent
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Its clean and efficient - reception staff are great and they make you feel comfortable
It was all out of pocket

2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
She [Dr Hodes-Wertz] was very sweet and caring. When I had a miscarriage, she called to find out how I was feeling. She was very responsive when I reached out to her and very excited with my positive pregnancy test....I have had a few occasions when they [the staff at NYU Fertility] said that they would call meds into a pharmacy and the pharmacy never got the voicemail....You do feel a bit like a number in a factory. However, I wonder if this may be true for every fertility clinic. When I wanted personal attention, I asked for it and got it.
She was very sweet and caring. When I had a miscarriage, she called to find out how I was feeling. She was very responsive when I reached out to her and very excited with my positive pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Around $500 for ovulation induction. IVF is likely to cost a whole lot more though
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I have had a few occasions when they said that they would call meds into a pharmacy and the pharmacy never got the voicemail.

2021, Consult
Dr. Blakemore explained all of this information to me bluntly and honestly but gently...recommended I did not try anything but the old-fashioned way, and then return to her if that didn’t work out. Luckily for me, my partner and I conceived spontaneously. Dr. Blakemore directed me down the path that made her zero profit, because she cares about her patients and their needs....
All the staff at NYU Langone Fertility Clinic was warm, helpful, patient and communicative...Dr. Blakemore recommended I did not try anything but the old-fashioned way, and then return to her if that didn’t work out. Luckily for me, my partner and I conceived spontaneously. Dr. Blakemore directed me down the path that made her zero profit, because she cares about her patients and their needs.
How was your experience with Jennifer Blakemore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Blakemore is a wonderful physician and person. I had an unusual fertility journey. Wanting to check in on my fertility, I was referred to Dr. Blakemore by a relative. I found out that I have a very low AMH level for my age, a high FSH, and a blocked Fallopian tube. Dr. Blakemore explained all of this information to me bluntly and honestly but gently, and told me not to worry yet as I was still young and healthy. Finding out this information, I was extremely nervous as I have always really wanted to be a mother. I asked if I should freeze eggs for future children or go through treatments. I would have gone through any process suggested, but Dr. Blakemore recommended I did not try anything but the old-fashioned way, and then return to her if that didn’t work out. Luckily for me, my partner and I conceived spontaneously. Dr. Blakemore directed me down the path that made her zero profit, because she cares about her patients and their needs. I know for a fact she treats patients on a case-by-case basis as my referring relative froze eggs with Dr. Blakemore, whereas I was advised not to due to my DOR and low AMH. I highly recommend this doctor!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Blakemore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Trust Dr. Blakemore’s judgment
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Blakemore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
All the staff at NYU Langone Fertility Clinic was warm, helpful, patient and communicative. I learned a lot about my personal fertility from my consultations with them. I would highly recommend this clinic.
NY - Westside

Dr. Blakemore exceeded our expectations, and went above and beyond to show us how strong and far we can really get. She thinks of new/different plans that other's don't think of and is so compassionate...She is extremely organized and detail oriented. she is available when you need her and you can tell she loves helping people.
The staff [at NYU Langone Fertility Center] cares about you, and you don't get treated like a number...The only slight weakness I would say is billing. This clinic has lots of Strengths. They are clean, organized, and available always. They have lovely staff members, doctors, and nurses....[nurse] made us feel confident on how to do things and get through our treatment.
As an infertility patient, you end up going through so much, whether it is surgery, testing, multiple cycles, multiple pregnancy failures/losses. Dr. Blakemore exceeded our expectations, and went above and beyond to show us how strong and far we can really get. She thinks of new/different plans that other's don't think of and is so compassionate. She is the sweetest doctor and the fertility world is extremely blessed to have her in their world. She is extremely organized and detail oriented. she is available when you need her and you can tell she loves helping people.
Be patient, Trust her judgment and recommendations. Always ask whatever questions you have. She is extremely patient and understanding and no question is a stupid question. She is the smartest doctor I have ever met.
Dr. Blakemore shows her genuine care in you, and your treatment. You can easily see how much effort and time she puts into her patients. She was so amazing to me and my husband and made us feel totally confident and important in every way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Mary Hartpence)
Mary Hartpence is one of the most kindest, sweetest nurses I have ever encountered. She guides you every step of the way and completely made us feel confident on how to do things and get through our treatment. She is extremely patient, and caring.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The only slight weakness I would say is billing. This clinic has lots of Strengths. They are clean, organized, and available always. They have lovely staff members, doctors, and nurses. The staff cares about you, and you don't get treated like a number. They have excellent outcomes.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Blakemore at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I had coverage through my insurance, with minimally cost of co-payments/co-insurance
Describe Jennifer Blakemore's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Dr. Blakemore was very careful about transferring multiple embryos and cared about the safety and outcome of my transfer. We both agreed eSET was the best route for me.
2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Hodes-Wertz is amazing and I recommend her whole-heartedly. She has a great bedside manner and makes you feel like a human. She goes above and beyond to deliver quality care. We had done 3 IUIs and 1 retrieval and are about to do 1 Transfer with her...[she] is an excellent doctor who explains things well and provides a personal touch..
The [NYU Langone Fertility Center] clinic is TERRIBLE at billing. They consistently do not use your insurance information and send you large bills they expect you to pay out of pocket and then hound you to pay those bills. You have to call them during the small window of time they are open and get them to remember that you have insurance and to re-submit the bill. They will fight you on this every step of the way and make live very painful. Eventually it will get sorted and be fine but billing is the worst thing about working with NYU.
She is great and you will love her.
Dr. Hodes-Wertz is an excellent doctor who explains things well and provides a personal touch.
She recommended IUIs and then moving to IVF.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The clinic is TERRIBLE at billing. They consistently do not use your insurance information and send you large bills they expect you to pay out of pocket and then hound you to pay those bills. You have to call them during the small window of time they are open and get them to remember that you have insurance and to re-submit the bill. They will fight you on this every step of the way and make live very painful. Eventually it will get sorted and be fine but billing is the worst thing about working with NYU.
3 IUIs, IVF, PGT-A Testing
1 embryo at a time.

2020 - 2021, Successful
This was the single best experience I've ever had with a medical provider of any kind. This was also the hardest experience of my life. As a non-binary queer person, I have a lot of feelings about reproduction (and a lot of doubts). Dr. Blakemore made it easy to come to the office (I almost looked forward to it)...really listened to me...never mis-gendered me, never made my wife feel less than, and honored our non-traditional family structure (using a known donor for at-home insemination).
Overall, the staff at NYU could use a training on pronouns (though Dr. Blakemore was exceptional)...For important medical issues, we got immediate calls back and they were very communicative. For insurance reimbursement and second parent adoption paperwork later on, we struggled to get in touch...Basically, no one would respond to us once we were pregnant.
This was the single best experience I've ever had with a medical provider of any kind. This was also the hardest experience of my life. As a non-binary queer person, I have a lot of feelings about reproduction (and a lot of doubts). Dr. Blakemore made it easy to come to the office (I almost looked forward to it). She really listened to me and never second guessed my hunches about my body (which turned out to be accurate). Dr. Blakemore never mis-gendered me, never made my wife feel less than, and honored our non-traditional family structure (using a known donor for at-home insemination). She leveled with us honestly about our chances but also kept us feeling hopeful. We followed her advice and treatment plan, including having a hysteroscopy and using Letrozole at home for two cycles. Two months later, I was pregnant and went on to deliver a healthy baby (Jan 2022). When we had to go see an OBGYN for my pregnancy, we actively missed Dr. Blakemore and felt that it was basically impossible to match her level of care and cultural sensitivity.
Ask anything you want and share your fears. If you have hunches about your body, share them. Dr. Blakemore will not judge, she'll listen, and she'll address your questions/fears/doubts extremely thoroughly.
Dr. Blakemore is extremely thorough and caring. At our first session, she spent over an hour with my partner and I just explaining reproductive systems (with a slide deck of over 70 slides). Along the way, she answered every medical question, called on her day off, validated our emotions, and treated us like we were her most important priority (when I knew she had many many patients to see). She also treated my wife (the non-gestational partner) with so much love and care. I am non-binary and have some past medical trauma so she was extremely careful with me and made me feel super safe--always being the one to scan me and assuring me she would perform the surgery I later needed (and no one else would even touch me).
Describe the protocols Jennifer Blakemore used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We did a few cycles of at home insemination with a known donor. We realized that our donor had a low sperm count after speaking with Dr. Blakemore about the consistency of the sperm and sending the donor for testing. We then switched known donors at the advice of Dr. Blakemore. I later suspected there was something wrong with my reproductive system after several failed attempts (even though I was ovulating normally) so we did an HSG and found uterine adhesions. I had a hysteroscopy and did two cycles of at-home insemination with Letrozole to help out. I got pregnant on the second cycle and delivered a healthy baby in January 2022.
I am not sure about the nursing staff as we didn't often interact with nurses (a few blood draws maybe?). For important medical issues, we got immediate calls back and they were very communicative. For insurance reimbursement and second parent adoption paperwork later on, we struggled to get in touch. Some of the nurses and billers were not as good with my gender pronouns as Dr. Blakemore.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Clinic was pretty busy for blood work and monitoring on the East side so there was often a wait and it was crowded (even during COVID-19). Overall, the staff at NYU could use a training on pronouns (though Dr. Blakemore was exceptional). For billing reimbursement and other paperwork, it was a little hard to get in touch. But, overall, the experience was wonderful.
We spent a few thousand dollars on freezing sperm and then a few hundred on co-pays and medications (or maybe like a grand?). Some of our expenses related to the sperm freezing were reimbursable through my wife's union but we never got the paperwork we needed from the clinic. We had to get her office to change the policy (which was months and months of advocacy) because we couldn't get what we needed from NYU. Basically, no one would respond to us once we were pregnant.
Not applicable.

2021, Successful
She [Dr. Blakemore] was so prepared with data, a PowerPoint presentation and ready for all my questions. I was looking for a more aggressive action plan for my next FET and she offered me multiple options and we weighed the pro’s and con’s together. I never felt rushed throughout my entire appointment and really felt like she was listening to all my concerns and addressed each one. She also gave me ample time for questions...
communication with the team [at NYU Langone Fertility Center] was thorough and timely, always heard back from the team when I left a message, I felt like the team was always updated with my latest results and were great in making sure I understood my instructions...wait time can be long especially during peak hours and weekends, had multiple billing issues that I had to keep following up with...
I first went to see Dr. Blakemore for a consultation since I had failed 3 FET’s in the past already. She was so prepared with data, a PowerPoint presentation and ready for all my questions. I was looking for a more aggressive action plan for my next FET and she offered me multiple options and we weighed the pro’s and con’s together. I never felt rushed throughout my entire appointment and really felt like she was listening to all my concerns and addressed each one. She also gave me ample time for questions.
Write down all your questions so you don’t forget it because she gives a lot of information
She addressed my concerns and how I was feeling. When I lost hope she knew I needed support and focused less on the clinical stuff. She gave me examples from her friends who had gone through this and she always checked in with me just to see how I was feeling and doing
1st protocol included an extra day of progesterone since that’s what my ERA biopsy results came back with. My second protocol included lovenox and prednisone after 2 months of lupron depot since I was diagnosed surgically with endometriosis. My third protocol included letrozole in the beginning and letting my body naturally ovulate.
Other than 1 hiccup, due to staffing shortage because of weather, the team was thorough and kept me informed in a timely manner on my results and any changes to my medication regimen. They were also great with calling prior to procedure days with thorough instructions.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Strengths: the doctors were great, communication with the team was thorough and timely, always heard back from the team when I left a message, I felt like the team was always updated with my latest results and were great in making sure I understood my instructions Weaknesses: wait time can be long especially during peak hours and weekends, had multiple billing issues that I had to keep following up with
I didn’t have to pay any co-pays and most of my prescriptions went to a pharmacy my insurance company allowed. Most costs were associated with medication co-insurances. My insurance covered my egg retrieval, anesthesia, and FET’s.
I always wanted to transfer multiple since my husband and I were accepting of the risk for multiples but I only had 5 frozen embryos so we started off with 1 for my first FET and then agreed on 2 for the second and third. Made sense because we didn’t want to run out and towards the end, I didn’t know if I wanted any left over.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Blakemore was one of the kindest doctors I’ve ever had the pleasure of working with. I was always greeted with a smile, she remembered our fertility history without having to be reminded and I appreciated how she was very honest about the realities of the outcome while still being optimistic. It made us hopeful but grounded in our expectations...
The staff [at NYU Langone] can and will answer any questions you have quickly. I was never made to feel like I was asking a dumb question or was being to needy. Once the process starts, it’s fast! It’s good to use the support of the staff...Everyone I dealt with in the facility was extremely professional as well as friendly...
Jennifer Blakemore was kind, compassionate and honest. She made me feel comfortable in every aspect of my treatment and helped me to feel positive and calm when I began stressing about my pregnancy in the early stages after it was confirmed. I would recommend her to anyone hoping to conceive.
Trust that she will be honest with you about the reality of the fertility process, while still remaining very positive. That smile and bubbly demeanor isn’t an act, it’s genuine!
Prior to the egg retrieval, I did what was considered the standard amount and dosage of shots for several weeks. Despite having a low egg reserve, we were able to retrieve 7 eggs, 3 of which were viable embryos after genetic testing. After my confirmed pregnancy, I started on progesterone shots and a suppository of endometrin. My body reacted poorly to the endometrin and I had some bleeding after a few weeks. Dr. Blakemore quickly adjusted my medication so I no longer had to take the suppository and instead took a progesterone shot daily as opposed to every other day. This immediately stopped the bleeding and my pregnancy progressed perfectly after that.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
A new patient may want to know that while the process seems daunting at first, don’t be afraid to ask questions. The staff can and will answer any questions you have quickly. I was never made to feel like I was asking a dumb question or was being to needy. Once the process starts, it’s fast! It’s good to use the support of the staff
I was fortunate enough to have a large amount of the fertility costs covered under my insurance. We paid in full for the genetic testing (which was by choice, and not required) and paid a partial cost of some of the necessary medications.
I understood my age to be a factor in using one embryo instead of multiple. Pregnancy with multiples can be more risky and I think it was the right decision.
NY - Westside

Dr. Blakemore made every step of the egg retrieval, embryo creation, testing, transfer and monitoring a breeze. Dr. Blakemore takes time to explain every step of the process, ensuring I understood and answering my questions. She makes herself available to answer questions that pop up outside of visits (as they definitely will). I felt that every step of the way I was under top quality medical care and really understood the process...has a level of kindness, compassion and approachability that you don't always find in a doctor and that is really important for your fertility specialist as this entire process can be so high pressure and stressful.
The nursing staff, care coordinators, and financial advisors [at NYU Langone Fertility Center] are the picture of professionalism. They are organized, responsive, and proactive. At all times, I felt like my needs to being taken care of by competent people. In addition, they were exceptionally kind and warm...I was always greeted with a smile, and after the first visit, by name. Phone calls were always prompted answered and/or returned...
Dr. Blakemore made every step of the egg retrieval, embryo creation, testing, transfer and monitoring a breeze. Dr. Blakemore takes time to explain every step of the process, ensuring I understood and answering my questions. She makes herself available to answer questions that pop up outside of visits (as they definitely will). I felt that every step of the way I was under top quality medical care and really understood the process. But beyond that, Dr. Blakemore has a level of kindness, compassion and approachability that you don't always find in a doctor and that is really important for your fertility specialist as this entire process can be so high pressure and stressful.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. Dr. Blakemore expects them, she wants you to understand and she has a communication skill level that is above and beyond!
Dr. Blakemore, and the entire staff at NYU Fertility Center, were always warm and caring. I was always greeted with a smile, and after the first visit, by name. Phone calls were always prompted answered and/or returned. I always felt like Dr. Blakemore took the time I needed to answer my questions and reassure my concerns. She was always willing to go the extra mile to help me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shanetta and Kimown)
The nursing staff, care coordinators, and financial advisors are the picture of professionalism. They are organized, responsive, and proactive. At all times, I felt like my needs to being taken care of by competent people. In addition, they were exceptionally kind and warm! For each clinic visit, I practically felt like I was visiting friends!
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The staff of the clinic is warm, thoughtful and professional from top to bottom. The clinic is beautifully designed, clean and comfortable. My treatments occurred during the COVID pandemic, and I felt like all necessary precautions were made for my safety and the safety of other patients and staff.
I had out of pocket costs for all services and medications as my insurance covered almost nothing.
My doctor preferred a single embryo transfer. As it was explained to me, the transfer of multiple embryos didn't seem to increase your chance at a live birth, rather just your changes at multiples. I believe the clinic will allow multiple transfers, but it takes some extra counseling and was not something I was interested in pursuing.
2020, 18 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Blakemore] was very attentive and thorough with her explanations and procedures...she made me feel comfortable and safe throughout the process by making herself always available to answer any questions or concerns I had. It was so clear that she is passionate about her work and she cares about her patients...She really means it when she says, "You can always ask me any questions". She will give you very thoughtful and comprehensive answers and you will feel so much better.
I knew that NYU Fertility Clinic was a lot more expensive than other clinics in the city but it was worth it...In spite of the large number of patients they see everyday, all of the nursing staffs treated me like a human, not like a number. They were thorough and compassionate...My primary location was the west side clinic and I was amazed how beautiful the clinic was! Since I had to visit the clinic every morning, it made a big difference. The wait time was also significantly less than the east side location
She was the best doctor I ever had! It was by luck that I found her and I feel extremely fortunate that I had her as my doctor for my treatment. From the moment I stepped into her office, she made me feel very comfortable and I knew I was making the right decision to have my treatment at her clinic. Her passion for her work and genuine compassion for her patients are evident and that makes a world of difference for patients.
Don't hesitate to ask her any questions or reach out to her about your concerns during the procedure. She really means it when she says, "You can always ask me any questions". She will give you very thoughtful and comprehensive answers and you will feel so much better.
She was very attentive and thorough with her explanations and procedures. Since it was my first time going through a fertility treatment, I did not know what to expect but she made me feel comfortable and safe throughout the process by making herself always available to answer any questions or concerns I had. It was so clear that she is passionate about her work and she cares about her patients. That made a huge difference.
In spite of the large number of patients they see everyday, all of the nursing staffs treated me like a human, not like a number. They were thorough and compassionate. I absolutely loved them!
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
My primary location was the west side clinic and I was amazed how beautiful the clinic was! Since I had to visit the clinic every morning, it made a big difference. The wait time was also significantly less than the east side location.